Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Black Musk Jovan for women

Black Musk Jovan for women
dislike

Mysterious, sexy and sensual fragrance, Jovan Black Musk Women works with your body chemistry to create a dangerously seductive scent. Floral, indulgent and warm.

It is available as 60 and 100 ml cologne concentrate spray.

Floral Notes Musk

Eau d`Amouage

Black Musk Fragrance Reviews

matillyrose
matillyrose

Well...I can say with a certainty that this fragrance does NOT work with your body chemistry to create a "dangerously seductive scent". I haven't been seduced once today, not even a wolf whistle!!

All I get is a bunch of floral and the slightest of musk lingering in the background.

When I first applied it I didn't smell a thing, it wasn't until I started to work up a sweat that the fragrance started to appear. Seems to work best with body heat, a good one for the gym methinks.

It is certainly a nice floral, wears close to your skin and wafts up with the heat, good price too, worth a try if you like soft perfumes.

I'm glad it's not dangerously seductive, I would have a hard time explaining to my husband all the men following me home....

PurpleIris49
PurpleIris49

Ozonic ("fresh") and fruity without a hint of musk. I love musk, but on me this isn't a musk. Not a fan of "fresh", so another bottle for the give-away box.

shellapoo
shellapoo

Oh my goodness, does this smell BAD on me! From reading the reviews of others, this must be a very nice scent for some people. I thought musk + floral = heaven. I wish it had gone well with my chemistry, but sadly, it couldn't have gone worse. From the initial spray until I finally scrubbed it off an hour later, all I smelled was a weird, rotten fruit scent. Sadness. I'm giving this one away pronto to whomever I can find that will enjoy it.

kattleia
kattleia

Smelling good doesn't necessarily have to be costly.. and this is is just a good example.

So sophisticated, yet comforting and delicious. Musky, with well balanced sweetness. Got complimented by my 3 officemates on my first use, and 2 of them thought I was wearing Euphoria. Close enough.. especially on the 1st spritz.. so I stock up few more bottles of this one :) Average longevity, 5-6hrs on me, good enough considering it's just a cologne.

Great value for money! Good job on this, Jovan!

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Nice and no patchouli.

If you are considering buying this very well priced fragrance as a Flowerbomb or La Vie Est Belle dupe, look at the notes. They are not the same at all.

I have Jovan Black Musk for women on my wrist right now. I have Flowerbomb on my other wrist. Sorry, Jovan Black musk lacks the patchouli found in the other two pricier fragrances. They just aren't the same.

Jovan Black Musk for women is just what it says it is, a musk with florals. It is sweet and soft. It is nice for the price. It has decent staying power and projects okay.

Good for daytime wear. But don't buy it thinking it will smell like Flowerbomb or La Vie Est Belle. You may be disappointed.

If you want to try something lower priced that is closer to the two fragrances I mentioned, give Rhianna's Reb'l Fleur a go. It's still not the same, but it is closer.

mschen
mschen

This perfume smells horrible to me...it reminds me the cough syrup and the heavy musk makes me dizzy. I have been trying to sell it on-line but obviously this is not a popular scent.

britton0299
britton0299

I love musk but this....omg it smells terrible to me! I mix it with egyptian musk so maybe i can give it a little push.

scented2014
scented2014

cannot agree more, you get not at all what is promised by the name. what you smell is a bouquet! and roses play the 1st fiddle,indeed. but then they turn into sweet floral-fruity fragrance. if you're into this kind of fragrances and looking for a cheapie that doesn't smell cheap, that is it!
on the same day i tested L De Lolita Lempicka Fleur De Corall another sweet one (don't understand this hype about it)-but to my nose it's far behind jovan. i would change the price tags of Lolita and Jovan. Jovan is definitely winning-it stays clear and sweet whike Lolita turns into sth soapy and nauseous...
i would go for Black Musk if there were no so many other temptations))

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I like it, but it has no sillage. Reminds me of a watered down, less complex version of Armani code. I use it as an after shower spray rather than a perfume.

MzScents8ional
MzScents8ional

This is not a review about Jovan Black Musk as I have a question. Jovan also had created a deep dark brown fragrance back in the mid 70's called Frankincense and Myrrh. Does anyone in Fragranticaland remember this fragrance and know if there's some vintage floating out there? I'd really like to know. It was a fragrance I wore when I was in high school.

Jovan Black Musk is an inexpensive and grown-up fruity musk. The fruit accords are not listed in this scent pyramid, but I can tell you that it features pomegranate, nectarine, jasmine, patchouli and white musk.

Jovan Black Musk is marketed as a sexy scent, however I don't see it that way. It's a little too predictable and soft for my liking. Although admittedly for the price, Jovan Black Musk is of good quality.

The blend of pomegranate and nectarine is more tart than sweet, with the musk playing second best to these rather strong fruity notes. I can't say that it smells anything like Flowerbomb to my nose. The floral notes are subtle, not strong.

I gave this fragrance a full day's wear, and while the longevity was quite impressive, the projection was weak. I almost forgot that I was wearing a perfume.

It's not a bad fragrance, definitely worth trying if found at a bargain price. But honestly, I wouldn't pay more than $15 to own this.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

this is a straight up dupe of Flowerbomb

megallena
megallena

I got this in very cheap price. And it actually smells nice, good value considering the price. It smells flowery with berries, and it reminds me of CK Euphoria. I think this cologne is very good, especially if you're on tight budget.

x33janelle
x33janelle

I bought this in Dubai, and I ADORE it. It smells so expensive, lush, floral, vanilla and sexy. However, after 3 hours it dries down to a pure vanilla essence (the baking kind) smell. This does not last on me!!!! :( After about 1-2 hours i can't smell anything unless I put my nose to my wrist. It's such a disappointment cuz I love it!

I'll probably continue to use it, but bring it everywhere I go for touch-ups since the bottle is so low-maintenance and portable.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This smells just like Flower Bomb extreme on me. It is a sweet burnt sugary scent like the original flowerbomb (which I cannot stand as it is too sweet) but has added depth with something dark woody and patchouli like on my skin just like the Extreme version. A dark musk with berry and some green-ness. I think I can smell some patchouli but it might be my over active imagination. This is a very good perfume for the price and the staying power is excellent on my skin. The lotion is amazing too. I cant stand to part with the exorbitant ammount of money to buy another bottle of the original Flowerbomb extreme as I own so many other perfumes so I will stick with this for now :-) I have also noticed this has the same cucumber mixed with burnt candyfloss note that I find in both Chanel Chance and Black Orchid. Give this a test if you like any of the above mentioned fragrances

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

It doesn't list it here, but, this smells to have some amber or vanilla and a somewhat fruity note like litchi. It reminds a bit of BS Fantasy in the dry down. Though this doesn't have the nice sillage like Fantasy. It also seems to have a very pronounced orchid note.

This lies very close to the skin with hardly any sillage.

Also, the lasting power doesn't seem to be very good. Hardly lasts a hour on my skin.

Though, I like this, the lasting power doesn't impress me. I have similiar scents like Fantasy, DKNY Delicious Night and CK Euphoria which last much longer and have higher sillage.

gazgreen
gazgreen

Like the description says, Jovan Black Musk Women is truly a mysterious, sexy and sensual fragrance. It works with your body chemistry to create a dangerously seductive scent. Floral, indulgent and warm! So true. I love it. Also its so inexpensive, does not mean its drug-store quality. On the contrary it smells like an expensive scent, nothing cheap about it. Worth a try. At that price, you get a very good deal. I love it !

nausikaa
nausikaa

this is so disgusting. i really like the original musk one so i tried black musk yesterday and i hate it. on my skin it's cheap sweet berry candy with a hint of musk in it. lasted forever. in the and i had to wash it off.

greengrl
greengrl

This is a very sweet musk. And like so many others have stated below, there are other notes in this that contribute to the sweetness besides florals. Berries are a good guess but there's something in this that reminds me of Charlie Gold & that has cinnamon, plum, caramel and apricot that contributes to its sweetness. The musk balances out the sweetness and really stands out during the dry down stage.

This is a scent that I like during the warm weather despite its sweetness.

I tested it today and I found it so bad and stinging. It's sharp musk combined with drugstorelike cheap flowers. Cheesy.

Chelle1980
Chelle1980

I love floral woody scents but this is just a big waft of berries and musk! Lasts forever on my skin! Huge bottle up for trade..

Amethyste
Amethyste

Very similar to Tous in heaven her, with some added blackberries and without the apple hint.

deeannek
deeannek

Thanks to awesomeness for this fume and some others in an excellent trade.
The first thing I notice in black tea ( not one of my favorite scents) but it disappears pretty quickly and I get a burst of black currants-I notice that neither of these are mentioned in the official review but I sure smell them. Later I smell Musk and a bit of powder-not a suffocating powder but just a hint that blends in with the musk in a soft creamy delight. Aside from the Black Tea, I think this a very elegant scent that could be worn night or day. I look forward to trying it in warmer weather to see what if any changes occur.

guest_Llollie
guest_Llollie

To me, smells very similar to AVON imary seduction. Good cheap casual frag

c3c
c3c

This smells like a mix of grape and blueberry jam on me. Musk plays a tiny tiny part in a sea of sweet jam. A very simple scent that has great potential for mixing.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Found Jovan Black Musk on the clearance rack for $5.24 the other day. Wow! A big 2 oz. bottle of cologne that several of my Fragrantica friends said was lovely, and practically a steal at $5.24? I'll bite! Unsniffed, even!

Jovan's entry into the berry musk category is a bit late in the game, and while it's not in the category of . . . say L'Artisan's Mure et Musc, it's still a very nice scent.

The berry notes have kind of a "snowcone" aroma on my skin. Yes, like the blue snowcone that is somehow raspberry-flavored. And like a snowcone, Black Musk is more cool and fruity than sweet. It has some flowers and a touch of incense as it dries down. Honestly, I don't get much of the musk until several hours in. Even then, it's not a "sweaty" musk, but more of the clean, shower-fresh variety. The scent has amazing longevity for a cologne concentration, lasting 7+ hours.

Black Musk is proof that smelling great doesn't have to cost a fortune. I think it's more of a warm weather scent, but I'll probably leave it in the rotation for winter, too.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Just had a chance to try Black Musk.

Initially, there was too much alcohol to detect any of the notes here. But about after 10 mins or so, my nose picked up pink berries with leather and musk. The berries and the musk are equally present here. But note that the berries aren't exactly fresh as they would be in a fruity/floral perfume. The berry note in this gives it a heavy (but not cloying) sort of sweetness due to the generous amount of musk they put into it. After about an hour, the berries and the musk settled on my skin equally strong.

For my own personal preference, I wish that they turned down the musk a tad bit and added some more of the sharper leather note that was present in the beginning. It certainly could use a "pick me up" after about a couple of hours because it gets really heavy due to the musk. Still though, it could totally rock the boat of those who appreciate these types of fumes!

However, that being said, for the price, you'd be getting a cologne with the staying power of ANY expensive EDP in the market. Projection and sillage are just excellent!

If you like berries and your skin works with musk and leather really well, given the low price this large bottle, Black Musk could be your everyday scent or even special occasion companion.

Ultra sexy, berry-laced, leathery musk... This is a woman's perfume; NOT for little girls! ;)

blueberry
blueberry

I guess I am in the minority when it comes to Black Musk. I expected something incredibly musky, but all I get from it is a terrible mixture of stale alcohol, sweat and cheap deodorant, so definitely something unpleasant in other words. The fragrance is sweet but not how I like it. It is not my concept of sexy muskiness and it apparently does not work with my skin chemistry. I much prefer the classic Jovan Musk. Black Musk is inexpensive and very long lasting, so for those loving such scents and for whom they do not end up the way Black Musk did for me, it is an absolute bargain!

janudy
janudy

I really like this one and admit to buying it blind based on the reviews (you all are enablers!). I wish I had this earlier in the summer, b/c it's terrific on warm days. I get a big bowl of berries and musk that's very refreshing and juicy. Some drugstore scents have that "eau de drugstore" as I call it--that nasty synthetic or stale odor, but this has none of that. I find this acts more like a body spray on me, but for the price/ml you can afford to spray this with abandon.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

I bought it on ebay and i realy, realy like this perfume.
The first thing i thought when i sprayed it, ah i smell flowerbomb from V&R...
The price is also very intersting.

Mili
Mili

Really love Jovan, descriptions at the outer box are truly right, well recommended for musky lovers most important affordable price with great quality. I Can't stop smelling myself too. Jovan Black Musk is very sexy.

milena
milena

Bought this perfume yesterday at Target.I just had to have it and the price was right.The smell is very very to my likeing.I love musk.This perfume smells very expensive to my nose and it agrees with my chemistry.Another inexpensive cologne that lasts and lasts.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This smells like a big bowl of berries! I have to say I was quite surprised at how nice this smells for a Jovan cologne. I like it alot but probably not enough to stop me from waring my Halston perfume.

guest_brandyalex
guest_brandyalex

I have used Jovan Musk for a number of years. I always loved the fragrance,however the Black Musk to me is better than the original. I can't stop smelling myself...LOL

luxlover
luxlover

I like Jovan women perfumes and this is the best among them. It's lasting and makes me feel sexy. 'Cant beat the price for a cologne that lasts than expensive branded eau de parfums around.

vioversilver
vioversilver

This is a very pleasant fragrance for being so inexpensive!
A rich 'warm skin'(musky) smell but at the same time not at all overpowering - this is what I can only describe as a full bodied scent , almost like it was an oil perfume.

I know it says florals in the notes but I keep getting berries instead - blackberries & blueberries sitting in fresh, sweet vanilla cream .. Very edible...

A very sensual, soft and comfortable scent. Not at all sickening sweet either.

ZeeK
ZeeK

The Best of Jovan at Feminine side... I doubt calling it a "drugstore" fragrance... its equally lush as "The One", "Burberry London", "5th Avenue" etc etc... has a great lasting power and has its own identity.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jovan Black Musk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jovan Black Musk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Musk by Jovan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Musk by Jovan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.