Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Musk Jovan for women

Musk Jovan for women
dislike

Experience the sexy feeling with this mysterious fragrance. It unleashes your own natural powers of seduction.

Jasmine, neroli, and bergamot blend with the earthy, seductive musk in its composition.

It is available as 10 ml Musk Oil with Touch Stick, 25 and 60 ml Cologne Concentrate Spray, 100 ml Cologne Spray and 70 ml All-Over Body Spray. Musk was launched in 1972.

Jasmine Neroli Bergamot Musk

Musk
Musk
Oriental Musk
Tunisian Musk

Musk Fragrance Reviews

Ms Libra
Ms Libra

I must echo the review from Goldiloks, I sprayed this on and I got hairspray, and then 5 minutes later - gone! Vamoose! AWOL! As Snagglepus would say - "exit, stage left even!" The hairspray smell was rather lovely, it made me think of my mum.

Perhaps I belong to the 50% of the population that is anosmic to it? Oh well, I will find a good home for it.

Cloverstone
Cloverstone

I wore this for years when I was younger as it was the most affordable option and knew so little of fragrances and notes at the time to even shop around for what I really liked as my own personal preference and/or style. Even though I have many perfumes with hints or more of musk in them, I'm really not a fan of this one at all. It is straight up musk with a strong synthetic "cheap" feel (I'm not a name brand snob and have MANY $5 body mists that I rank very highly and absolutely adore) so that's not it.

There simply is no depth or complexity to Jovan Musk, it isn't sexy or even pretty to me...a cheap synthetic strong musk is what you pay for with it in my opinion and that's it, nothing more, nothing less.

MyersAlice
MyersAlice

This is such a cozy scent, it makes me miss sunny days in autumn. Warm and soft and just very lovely.

goldiloks
goldiloks

I've purchased a bottle of the Musk Oil EDT. It goes on with the smell of hairspray, and a slight musky aroma that reminds me of Kiehl's Musk Oil.... And after 5 mins....nothing. It's really weird, I've never experienced a fragrance disappearing so quickly. What a shame :(

lindley
lindley

The best freshly showered, soapy, your-skin-but-better scent out there, for my money. Heavenly.

ayh210
ayh210

I generally like musks when in combination with other scents, but in this combination, it smells like a strong sweet baby powder. It smells like what a baby would smell like. I generally prefer scents with a bit more depth and spicy and warmer notes in it.

Sillage - moderate / longevity - 6 hours

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

I love musks in general, but this is my favourite musk, and one of my overall favourite perfumes.
It is incredibly sexy, without being heavy or overbearing.
It is really hard to believe how inexpensive this is, considering how amazing the scent is, just beautiful.

Nikinoo
Nikinoo

I usually have a few different musks and I have in the past owned this one and was slinking around the drug store and found one single oil version on the bottom shelf and thought what the hay. And it's just what I remember and its love. It lasts all day on me and the sillage is very good, my hubby keeps sniffing me lol. It smells soapy and clean with a little musk ummf to it, but not to dirty or pissy at least on me its not. I have smelled this on others and just smelled something like dirt or mold with flowers. But on me its wonderful, and I'll have fun layering this one with other scents.

Jovan in my opinion is a good scent for really anytime its not a filthy musk and is safe, good for someone just delving into musks.

LeahJane1972
LeahJane1972

I have Jovan Musk in body spray and oil.

Body spray = soft musk with a slight soapy/floral overtone. Lasts about an hour.

Oil = almost equal musk to floral composition that is rich, creamy, and a little sweet. Lays about 3-4 hours.

Either blends well with other fragrances and the oil Helps them last a bit longer.
A new favorite!

Ambergris Intoxication

Why isn't this the potent musk you remember? Two words: Nitro Musk! Banned in the US since 1979 they were in most if not all of the old musk oils. Contrary to what some believe "real" musk hasn't been used in most mainstream fragrance for almost 100 years!

Nitro-musks were once used extensively in perfumery and are now largely prohibited in many countries because they can't be fully cleaned out by sewage treatment plants and accumulate in fish and such. The kicker is that there is no conclusive proof that they're actually harmful.

Polycyclic musks are mostly used in fragrance and londry products these days. They far inferior in strength, longevity and odor to the nitro musks.

Macrocyclic musks are also not a good replacement for nitro musks. Although they closely resemble the true scent of real deer (Tonkin) musk, half the human population are anosmic to it. That means there is 50% chance you can't smell it! EVER! So fragrance companies use several musk chemicals in the hopes that you'll smell atleast one! So now you know why fragrance can smell so much different between people.

Alicyclic musks I don't know too much about, their sort of new but from what I've heard they are also no match for nitro musks.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

A really potent soapy musk. More soap than musk. Too bad the smell isn't appealing because the performance for the price is REALLY GOOD.

Men's version on the other arm. Very similar. Too similar actually but performance was way lower than women's version.

Tested today at Walmart.

lizzie12
lizzie12

25 years ago Coty Vanilla Musk and Wild Musk oil were my favourite day fragrances. I moved on to long time favourites, the original Miss Dior, and Chanel No 5. My financial position now means I can no longer afford these two. Rummaging through my perfume drawer I discovered an unused long forgotten 96ml bottle of Jovan Musk. Wow, I had forgotten how good this chemist fragrance (Australian for drugstore!) smelled. There is still something strangely bitter in the opening spray, alcohol maybe, but the dry down is worth it. I recently purchased for a song on ebay, the 9.7ml oil with the wand applicator. I apply the oil on top of the spray which softens, but also deepens the floral musk fragrance and increases the longevity to around 8 hours on me. In love with this all over again. Not a skanky musk, but a warm, elegant musk. Miss Dior and Chanel No 5 seem to be the only 2 fragrances that don't trigger my asthma, and I can now add Jovan Musk to that small list. Love, love it!

miahreis

This is what my mother wore, for as long as I was alive this is the only fragrance that she wore, nothing else would do! It smelled so good on her, she was one of the only people I could smell this on and it'd smell amazing. This fragrance holds a bittersweet, somewhat painful note for me, since my mom passed away at the very young age of 54 this past April. I miss her so, so much, so whenever I want to be close to her, I always grab this bottle that my dad gave me, spray on my pillow and just enjoy. I miss you, Mama, so very much!! :'(

PerfuMEOW
PerfuMEOW

will always be a love. it was what my nani wore before she passed. i miss her with all my heart and this brings back wonderful memories. <3

Loca del Tó
Loca del Tó

This is lovely, but a bit too cloying in the heat. I used to wear this very liberally until some relatives told me that I smelled like floor cleanser and car freshener. Since then I only wear this when it´s cold outside and after spraying it very lightly. It´s good for layering it with some attars. Not one fragance for hot climates I think.

Ambergris Intoxication

Update:

This oil has been growing on me all day and now I can't stop applying more and more. Although I still want a skankier musk for my collection, I enjoy this one on it's own merits. It's soft and comfortable and in one day this is fast turning into love.

I have a funny anecdote!
Today I took my son and dog to the beach. (Lake Superior is 2 blocks away) Anyway we were looking at beach rocks and picking raspberry's when a whole company of wild minks came wrestling up to us in broad daylight. They were just few feet from us looking and sniffing! My son was mesmerized and the dog went nuts but they didn't seem to care. They were young.
When they moved on I said to myself in joking "It must be my animal musk".

Ambergris Intoxication

I bought what I thought was an older bottle.

All the old ads sold big SEX! but all I smell is "baby shampoo" like Swamp Lily said. I was going to say baby wipes from the 80's and 90's but shampoo works too. They all had the same soft white musk type in them.

Now it's true I didn't think I would get Arnold Schwarzenegger's underpants but I certainly didn't expect my baby brother's backside!
It's nostalgic in the sense that it brought back memories of a sweet natured little baby of some 26 years ago but the furthest thing from what I was thinking it would be!

It does dry down to clean skin but it's so slight and not the skankfest I was hoping for.
Can anyone direct me to a truly smutty 70's animolic musk oil? I want sex in a bottle!

I'll be keeping this because I think it will be nice for layering.

Swamp Lily
Swamp Lily

This is a beautiful scent but far from being sexy it smells like baby shampoo. It's lovely to use after an evening shower before snuggling up in a cosy bed .. to sleep. :)

QueenieJo
QueenieJo

I went into a dollar store looking for cheap napkins and plates for a picnic, and walked out with this. My bottle is 2.5oz clear, slightly oval shaped with a gold cap. It says natural spray instead of cologne.

Ah, where do I start? It has that skin/musk smell without any sharp citrus or jasmine notes to overwhelm it. I honestly cannot stop sniffing my wrist. Clean, sexy, yet inoffensive enough to wear most places. It is better than any musk I have used, including my favorite Avon Night Magic. Night Magic has a "cold" element to it, that I can't name. Cold cream scent is the best way I can describe it. Not quite as "heavy" as Coty Wild Musk.

This Jovan has none of that. Warm, soft, and elegant. That's what she is. And I cannot believe I spent only $5 USD for this. It suits me better than any of the expensive stuff I have. I may have to stock up.

babybear1
babybear1

I am looking into musks at the moment and I bought a bottle of this as a time to reminisce and it smells nice.....but as soon as I spray it on.... disappears, literally. So sad!!

myram7
myram7

I'm so grateful for this scent! It's my husband's fave on me, so I like to blend it with the fruity and floral fragrances I have just to tone them down. My fave combo is this musk and Channel Chance eau Tendre, which my husband cannot stand by itself!

MiaClaire
MiaClaire

This is the very first perfume I ever owned, when I was about 12 or 13. That was ages ago. I no longer wear it, and have not smelled it for years, but I remember really liking it as a teenager -- it was my signature scent for about 4 or 5 years. I'd love to have a sniff today and see what delightful memories it brings back because as we perfume lovers know, nothing brings back memories like scent...

lirael00
lirael00

After first spritz all I get is alchocol and then it takes some time untill it gets to a musky scent and then it's gone. Not a good fragrance on my skin as it's gone in less than an hour so there's not a lot to tell about it except that I won't be repurchasing it again.

Carnation
Carnation

Ahh. Jovan Musk. This fragrance is as iconic as Charlie by Revlon. It has been around since 1972. I am going to compare the vintage edc to the current and the vintage oil to the current. I will not even bother with the body mist,which comes in an aerosol spray can. And you shouldn't either. It does this fragrance an injustice.
Vintage Cologne: The bottle design from the 70's was glass,medium sized ( certainly not like the tall bottle with the orange cap that is seen today,although the new bottle harks back to the 70's inspired design.)and had a slightly sweet jasmine and neroli accord with a soft musk very dominating throughout. Not particularly rich and full bodied and the longevity was fair to medium. Very soft and unobtrusive.
Modern Cologne: Why they reformulated this is beyond me. I was no fan of the cologne spray but what they turned this cologne into was a shame: An alcohol laden opening assaults the senses and the middle and base notes aren't much better. This is the orange capped spray bottle with the ribbing on the glass body. There's the newest version out whose design is glass with some partial gold rings around it, reminiscent of the 70's design. I will say it is a vast improvement over the orange cap,however they seemed to tone down the alcohol and replaced it with water.
The vintage oil and the modern oil version are quite similar and very little has changed. Personally I think the modern oil version is a bit thicker but the two smell a bit identical. Both are long lasting and musky,more so than the cologne. The vintage seems a bit more richer.
If you want to wear this,of course the original is best but if not attainable,then choose the oil.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Today I received a mini sample of this and my review is about the eau de cologne. No offence to all of Jovan Musk lovers, but I can smell only alcohol. On my clothes I can bearly smell it and on my skin it's even worse - after 5 mins. it turns into a cough syrup :( Not my cup of tea, it was gonna be a waste of money.

Not Sure
Not Sure

This is the second fragrance I've tried out of a Coty Musk variety pack. While spraying on paper, some of this got on my finger and this review is from that sampling. To me it smelled like my husband's body at the end of the day. Not a bad smell or particularly good either, just natural. A little too natural for me and one of us smelling that way is plenty. To be fair, I didn't give it much time to develop further and washed it off pretty quickly. Will pass this on to my sister who loves this stuff layered with other fumes. I got a little of the white musk on my pinky finger on the other hand and getting little whiffs of this and it smells pretty good. Further sampling needed.

nitschevo
nitschevo

As many, I guess, I also have a bottle of this. I didn't really payed much attention to it in the past but that changed as soon as I received my christmas gift of my boyfriend - a perfume cabinet he build himself that looks like a Chanel No. 5 bottle. With the label and all :)
So, when I started to sort my perfumes to put them in there this bottle fell into my hands. Even on it's own its quite an interesting scent: musky, earthy with a little bit of citrus. But, as Ksl001 below also suggested, this is also perfect for layering. I'm wearing it with Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker today and quite like what I smell. It lends a bit more oomph to Lovely, which to me has become a little "thin" lately. Could work perfectly as a base to increase your nighttime scent, too!

Ksl001
Ksl001

(spray concentrate) Strong, memory-recall inducing stuff. This is like inhaling deeply in an Indian temple. Jasmine, incense and wood spices. I see where the sixties, hippy references are coming from. A mature, full bodied scent to use lightly. Could be interesting to layer with simple florals or soliflores to create something more personal and modern.

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

I recently went on a musk bender trying to find the one my mother wore when I was growing up. She couldn't rememebr what it was. During the process I discovered this little gem and can't beilieve how much I like it. I prefer the oil to the spray hands down. But I usually use them both together. It's not too heavy, and I think it's pretty non offensive. It's suitable for anytime, anywhere in my opinion. It's a nice bright, light musk without being overtly sexy. It's attractive. In the end we figured it was Coty's wild Musk oil my mother wore, and it is discontinued. Not wanting that to happen to me I currently have three bottles of the oil on hand. Never want to be without it. It's a staple!

s_aurian
s_aurian

Thanks to reviews I read here, I bought it and i'm so happy!. Tired of sweet smell everywhere now days, I'm looking for more mature sexy scent. Yeah! it's retro-sexy. I love heavy/bold perfume type but, just want to keep calm with simple frag. I ordered online. before arrived I found Jovan at perfume shop and spray a bit. I'm disappointed, its dry, flat retro musk. My bottle arrived, I tried and hope more like it. After 3 days i'm absolutely falling in love! something about musk you cannot smell through bottle. Try put on skin, with body chemistry, everything has changed... love love...
p/s: my bottle's almost empty... spray like crazy.

Nekhbet
Nekhbet

Has anyone tried the Evening Edition? I have been looking for it here but it seems it is not in the data base. Probably it is a vintage bottle but I have it full. I love it! The scent is not as the regular jovan musk, I do not like to wear Jovan Musc but this one is great for me, like a melting with my own skin. It is not strong like horrible, yet it is good for the evening or night. A little is enough and let it dry until it become one with your skin. Then it is wonderful. I am curious about anyone having tried this version.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

This is not powerfull, it's a skin scent.
Pretty much clean for a musk, not as animalic as Kiehl's. I personnaly use it in combination with others perfumes in EDT, on the musky note.
May be nice in summer days too, as it is not "in your face" at all.
A reference, but i prefer Kielh's oil. This one is a bit shy for me. Good, but shy.

Rebemario

I have reviewed this fragrance before but I felt the need to re-review! Because I have been "bad" and purchasing things out of my budget (after all, it is Christmas time, sort of, and I deserve it for all my hard work, and I never splurge on anything but fragrance!) :) Well, due to budget constraints, I have been on a drugstore fragrance binge. I tried first the current fragrance, Jovan musk. Love it, but, at Sears encountered Alyssa Ashley's Musk and also Skin Musk. I was so surprised to see the "love" Skin musk has in comparison to the "likes" for this musk, Jovan Musk. I have to say, I adore and "love" Jovan musk perfume and oil. Love, love, love!!! I don't know if its because it is somehow clean and warm at the same time as well as slightly floral and sexy? Maybe it's because it is so reasonably priced that I can literally bathe myself in it and not worry about breaking the bank. Maybe its because my angel daughter loves it and everyone I come into contact loves it and can't believe its Jovan. God willing I will always have a bottle of this on my counter, this is a great everyday, doing the laundry, going to work fragrance and tempting little hubby as well! That's pretty amazing in my book! :)

ajeeshsystems
ajeeshsystems

it nice smell.when it was wearing everyone look like.my wife probably using this fragrant also more like that one.

Rebemario

Ok, so I waited anxiously for my bottle of Musk Oil edp to arrive, I received it and was pleasantly surprised. It reminded me a little of Estee by EL….also it had a very pleasant way about it, like something you can layer or make another fragrance emphasized. I chose chanel no 5, worked really well with this one. One thing though, I was expecting an actual oil. No such a thing, I sprayed my wrist a little lower than the lines by the veins to get a really good splash where it wouldn't get so easily washed off and came in for a nice whiff and low and behold……sadly major alcohol…? Of course it did dry off and funny when I re-enter a room I get the musky scent I obviously left behind. Interesting, lasting, pungent, and smells a bit of showery freshness, all good things in my book. When I layered it, it seemed to draw out the best in the other scent, not a bad buy imo. Will definitely be using on the days I am not feeling particularly fragrant but rather fresh and clean. For the money spent, I would say a rather great buy, I would recommend!

Raven NessRavenous
Raven NessRavenous

Who is this Jovan? Rock music is all about sexual ambiguity and that is what Jovan is! Jovan is that totally sexy gender ambiguous masterpiece! It is feminine in that it is soft and mysterious and masculine in how it fills you with tension through covert spice notes. It is not provocative; it is more...pensive. All that talk of sex appeal aside, A child can wear it and smell beautiful! Jovan Musk oil smells almost like the 80s/90s Avon Soft Musk on me. I wore Avon Soft Musk as a child and though I was the singing, artistic, and spiritually curious child, I was born 30 years too late to be a hippie! That being said, I am was surprised when reviewers called Jovan Musk oil a "hippy" perfume (even though I am intrigued by beat and hippie culture). When I entered my early 20s, I doused myself in real hard-core cover -your-cannabis-patchouli oil everyday (though I was not smoking pot, just enjoying patchouli as though I did), which either disgusted or grounded anyone within a football field vicinity from me. I chose other fragrances when I realized how so many people cannot stand patchouli...so I went looking for something that smelled like my childhood Soft Musk. I chose Jovan Musk oil and did not even know people smell patchouli in it! Maybe I wore so much patchouli I just cannot detect it; I think some reviewers might be referring to Wild Musk oil when they describe a patchouli note. Jovan Musk oil definitely gives me a mystical incense church vibe but it does not give me the hail Krishna, earthy, smoky hippy scene. You can wear Jovan Musk oil if you are in an office, you can wear it to a rock concert, to church, or even a seance with tarot cards and gypsy incantations (but that would be where you should wear your patchouli wahaha, but Jovan won't be so offensive to the olfactory sensitive dead)!

MRowe
MRowe

If huge florals were the signature of the 80's then earthy musks were the 70's. My grandmother hated musks of any variety- she thought that they were unladylike and cheap so I avoided most musk perfumes to avoid her disapproval. When I had occasion to try a tester I was pleasantly surprised- what I thought would be an overpowering musk was a nice fragrance with a definite musk note but not harsh, good for a nice everyday juice.

Marie76
Marie76

This was big in Spain in the late 80's early 90's. I detested it, too sweet, cloying, an overtly sweet patchpuliesque musk. I was so repelled by it that I veered towards " opposite" scents, masculine, fresh, things like Cristalle and eau de Lancaster. It took me a long time to be friends again with any kind of musky smell. Now that I have, I can appreciate Jovan a bit more: yes, it's cheap and loud, but it's well balanced and pleasantly warm, and in these days were sillage and longevity are so poor, it stands out for its qualities in these two aspects.

Ah, and guys love it.

stacey_nay
stacey_nay

I love the retro and the kitsch, so I was excited to try this (thanks to this website!). I'm not sure if the bottle design now is the same as the the original, but if so it has aged rather gracefully. I do like this perfume - it is such a simple and singular scent - but I noticed it smelled better on my skin from close up than it did from further away. Close up, nose to wrist, it smells soft, sweet and clean. However, as I move my hands about during the day, sometimes I'll catch the faintest whiff of a slightly oily, dirty skin smell underneath the rest of the scent. This is probably just my individual body chemistry though. Longevity on my skin is moderate and sillage is soft.

YdeGirl
YdeGirl

Best scent ever. It's a scent hug. Something you want to lay down to at night. I will always have a bottle.

rockegg
rockegg

I came of age in the heart of the hippy movement in the 60's and 70's -- near Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley. If you want to know what a real hippy smelled like this, or a pure patchouli oil or sandalwood incense, is it! Or if you're trying to educate your nose and want to know what the musk component smells like by itself, this is it.

This is my husband's favorite. Musk is a classic for a reason. I find it a cuddly, warm scent, completely inoffensive, but I am aware that is not everyone's experience.

lorililly
lorililly

I remember trying the musk oil from my mom's dresser when I was about 13...and I LOVED it. Hadn't thought about it for YEARS ..until a friend of mine and I were discussing perfume one day. She said her favorite perfume was Jovan musk oil...it reminded her of being an Egyptian Queen. I found the oil again at the local mass retailer....wow. Just subtle and nice. Easy to carry in my purse and freshen up. Just a couple dabs on pulse points...I also mix this and Skin musk spray sometimes. I have to say that I DO NOT like the spray version of Jovan musk...something in it, maybe the alcohol...makes it awful, heavy and cheap smelling. The oil, however, is absolutely beautiful. The bottle might not be a beautiful decorative piece for a dresser, but it is very convenient to take along in a small bag. I like to think of it as my own little vial of "potion". For those who love beautiful bottles...well, I have an idea! Since it is not an expensive fragrance, perhaps buy a couple vials and transfer them (using a small funnel) into one of those lovely perfume bottles that are available at craft or home goods stores.

Natalie05
Natalie05

Thank you all for your comments!!! This perfume is really so subtle, soft, clear, powdery, feminine... It's like my mummy's lipstick. I agree, the scent for memories, weddings, gardening... This scent - for me...

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

Having used dozens of bottles of this during the '70 and '80 Jovan is one of those brands that disappeared from the shelves a long time ago in my country. I ordered the concentrated oil online, not knowing what to expect after so many years.
I am glad to say the smell hasn't changed at all, I do think the longevity used to be a lot better. Has my sense of smell changed or it is only in my recollection that this used to be a musk powerbomb?
Any musk lover will like this, it is also great to be used in combination with other perfumes.

heather62
heather62

I am shocked at how much I like this - particularly for layering. This is like a great lip gloss that makes whatever you're wearing look better.

I've never been a huge fan of Chanel No 5 but there is something similar here -

Wearing it alone, no layering: my husband has allergies and rarely smells what I have on but this morning he said I smelled like lilacs. hmmm. I'm not sure he knows what lilacs actually smell like but I think that probably means that he detects a floral scent.

My pajamas had a bit of this on them from the night before and I noticed that they smelled very good - kind of powdery. Pleasant.

I understand what people mean when they say that it warms into your skin. It's not a defined fragrance, like say Angel, that you might recognize while walking around in Target. It's more like it just becomes this indefineable (sp) part of your skin.

Okay - here's my update:
One of my 2 bff's wears Shalimar and I can honestly say that before just a few days ago, I really wasn't sure what Shalimar smelled like. She wears it so lightly that I never smelled it on her. But to me, It smells like very expensive baby powder. Jovan Musk smells a little like a toned down version of Shalimar.

Layering: my very favorite way to wear this was discovered last night! First I sprayed Jovan Musk on my forearm and then put my fake roll on oil of Narciso Rodriguez and then rubbed these in together. Together, these 2 smells are amazing. This morning I could still smell it. This would probably also make my Lovely last longer. And help me like Rare Diamonds a little more.

PLUMPIE

I previously reviewed this a couple of years ago as smelling of Johnson's no more tears shampoo which is true, not at all unpleasant but a bit boring - however something has changed, whether I had sampled from newer bottles or what it was, perhaps it is hormones or age but I recently fell in love with the Arabic/oriental variants of the Jovan line, especially the Oud and was inspired to give this another go - and to my surprise this smells amazing on me - I found this in the local pharmacy in the 59ml size which looked to be slightly older in packaging and for some reason this smells so different to the big 96ml bottles I have sampled previously from department stores maybe this is a slightly older batch (I do live in a very small town)- less alcohol smelling, richer definitely picking up lots of bergamot and ylang-ylang, the shampoo note is there, as is the scent of 90's gel hairspritz but it soon mellows down into a proper skin scent on me - this is actually what I wish Avon's soft musk would smell on me but the recent formulation is just not the same anymore. I am giving away the soft musk and switching to this as my everyday round home/casual track pants scent/weekend go-to. I am really loving it and would love to get hold of the musk oil! This is a real cheap as chips scent and worth a try!

heymoe9
heymoe9

Another pleasant surprise from my teens. I loved it when I was young, but as time went on it went to the back of my perfume collection and was forgotten. I bought a bottle at Target the other day on a 30 percent off sale. 12 dollars of déjà vu. I was brought back to 17 again. The Musk is soft and sensual and not overbearing. It made me feel like a hippie again.

zzMaja
zzMaja

Very nice, inexpensive and long lasting. Wore it as a signature fragrance years ago when everyone and her sister and grandmother wore it. Brings back pleasant memories. I prefer the oil which I get better control with. The spray can lead to over-doing it.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

My little vintage bottle smells pretty much the way I thought it would. Of its kind I think it is good. It's a warm clean musk, not very synthetic and not in any way objectionable. But to me there's just something fundamentally masculine and cheap about these kind of scents.

So to sum up - if you want a good basic inexpensive musk frag this is probably an excellent choice, but don't expect to feel classy while you have it on.

Shwets
Shwets

The Jovian musk pictured above is a weak version of what I smelt of a tester in beauty base today. The tester bottle was a tall slim squarish roundish base shape and long. The cap I think should be orange. Oh my word, I know what reviewers mean by Jovian musk smelling like warm skin. I spoke to the SA to explain their tester was different in scent to what was being sold. They tested the boxed bottle and immediately removed the tester! I pleaded for them to sell me the tester but they declined.

The tester was warm skin with a hint of incense quality. Had fragrances smelt like this I would never purchase no 5, or any perfumes with the soft powdery notes.

I used to have a wide rectangular Jovan musk cologne concentrate spray with a orange cap and that smelt different to the tester as described above. The orange cap one was like warm skin lacking that extra warmth and intensity just like the oil version that I purchased from an eBay seller a few years ago.

Smelling my hand with the tester I tried earlier and it's still there smelling strong with soft sillage and I can tell longevity will be great.

Femigirl
Femigirl

Spicy? Where??

Upstart101
Upstart101

Let's be clear...I want (very badly) Serge Lutens Clair de musc as it was the fragrance that alerted me to the true beauty of musks as an everyday, year round scent, but at £69 per bottle...I can only afford Jovan. So I was very glad to see this at my local Beauty Base amongst yesterdays celeb fragrances.

Honestly the alcohol edge on the initial spray wears off in seconds, the silage is miles better than the Lutens; obviously without any of the complex depth and for £7.99 (less than 1/8th of the price for the Lutens) I cannot complain. I'm just beginning my journey into wearing musk in its different incarnations and I am loving how musks can smell clean and powdery yet dirty and warm. Jovan Musk seems to be the best place to start as it has all the soft sexiness of the Lutens without that price tag.

Chava
Chava

What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good musk. Jovan Musk is a fantastic everyday fragrance - dirt cheap, but smells great and lasts for hours, plus it works for day or evening. What more can you ask? This one's a classic.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I smelled this one the other day at Sears, of all places. Now mind you, I do have some high-end niche in my collection, but Jovan already has a special place in my heart (and shelves) for their bold and innovative, 70's-80's releases. Vintage bottles are fiercely competed-for on Ebay, and now I have most of their classic men's fragrances; still, I had never tested this one until now: seriously, it is a NICE musk! So what if they made their money by having a lower mark-up per bottle but massive stock-volume turn-over- the composition is what counts, and this is very well-done!

jordana90
jordana90

i bought this scent recently and the Price was so low that i can say it really worths it considering it was cheap the fragrance is soft and young, first i was hesitating about it because i thought it would smell like old lady or something like that but in fact i think i like it... this is my everyday fragrance, it smells so good, it's better in the drydown

sierramae
sierramae

I will forever remember this as my mother's signature perfume back in the early 90's. I grew up smelling this scent on her wrist and clothes and I loved it. Very nostalgic.

angelinow
angelinow

The spray is a little too powdery, or something, for me, but the oil melts into skin in a nice way. I do get Johnson's gold Baby Shampoo from this, as one reviewer stated, but not a bad thing. I agree that this could be good to layer under other fragrances.

Scout
Scout

I tested this finally after a lifetime. I'm sorry to say it smells like Lysol disinfectant to me. I'm also reminded of high school when the girls in the bathroom would spray it to try to cover up their cigarettes they were sneaking in the stalls. Might be a good thing to layer, but not my thing by itself.

nonnative
nonnative

I'm finally wearing a spray of concentrate cologne by Jovan. Here in Italy is a real rarity. I've just got a bottle from USA. I'm happy to wear a classic in the History of parfume. Jovan was the first parfume company to sponsor a rock band tour (rolling stones). The scent itself has a vintage note that smells a little bit old. But in general Musk is good and warm. A winter frag that reminds me of Dana's Tabu and Musk Oil by Alissa Ashley.

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

I pre-empt this review with a sincere apology to those who really love this. This is simply my observation with my individual skin chemistry, but may act as a warning for others.
I tried this today, mostly because I love musk fragrances, and the overwhelming good reviews here, made it seem like a wonderful find....
All I get is cheap hairspray. Synthetic, chemical smell. I at first thought, I had just smelled too soon, and was getting alcohol, but sadly there was no drydown, just more hairspray. After about an hour, I could no longer handle the hairspray, I scrubbed it off, or at least tried. I can still get hairspray wafts, and I can give it 10/10 for staying power. Now after scrubbing, I can detect a close skin scent with a hint of citrus. Sadly the headache from the hairspray scent stays and reminds me that this is not for everyone.

christianne1
christianne1

This stuff is freaking fabulous. I don't care if it does cost about 50 cents. Sadly, I can't wear it in public because of mental issues I have with wearing Jovan but I sneak and wear it at home and it is my own little dirty retro secret. Yes, the oil is better but its all good. I have Serge Lutens Clair Musk which is kinda similar and it works well with my "issues"....so, I can wear it out of the house. I wish I was not like that and could rock the drug store stuff without caring but I guess I am not strong enough. Maybe I just don't have the confidence it takes to pull it off. I admire people who don't care about stuff like that and can wear the drug store stuff without feeling uncomfortable. You know, just proudly announce they are wearing Charlie without giving a flying bleep. Instead, I have to hide in the dark closet with my little Jovan bottle like a freak.

umsultan
umsultan

an affordable drug store musk that would be perfect after shower to feel clean. just a spritz. i dont put too much of it cuz i feel its kinda artificial and powerdul. after it sinks in it become tolerable and comfy to me.

JFrags
JFrags

BLEH!!!

Me no likey....

Too musky and animalic overbearing it wafts too heavy... I thought this was going to be a clean scent, boy! was I wrong...I even get a hint of Faberge's Brut in the mix

seriously this is good for some people but it ain't good for me

I smelt this on another lady today but it's so musky and overpowering that it lends me to believe that it probably smells the same on everyone (mass production effect). Hai Karate pour Femme is more like it. Perhaps I'm just not into Coty house, I'll keep trying.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

This was a blind buy for me, and at first I was a little disappointed because there was not much scent from the bottle. However, Jovan Musk for Women (oil version)does indeed "warm up" on the skin, as another reviewer noticed.
It is a sweet, sensual, animalic musk, not "clean" but not exactly "dirty" either. I love bergamot, and this note is prominent but does not dominate the musk.The florals are also just an accent, unlike Jovan White Musk which is more of a "floral scent with musk".
Longevity is excellent, and the sillage is good but not too overpowering.
I really enjoy this scent and feel it is a great choice for a date,as long as you know that the other person is not allergic to musk.I am so glad that I am less sensitive to musks now, because I can expand my perfume choices!

BetterJuice
BetterJuice

There's nothing like discovering a great drugstore classic! (And if it weren't for the reviewers here I would never have "discovered" this sweet little gem.)

Although Jovan Musk has been around for decades I had never tried it before. So far I haven't worn it on its own. I've been layering it with fragrances I'm on the fence about like Katy Perry's Meow!, Beyonce's Heat and Adrienne Vittadini's Amore. Oh my gosh....it really adds a layer of lusciousness and depth to these scents that keeps me compulsively sniffing my wrists.

Can't help it! I'm going to enjoy experimenting and playing with this one. So far, I'm thinking Jovan Musk has magical powers that allow it to improve any perfume you want to pair it with...I mean, so far so good :)

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I get so drawn to musks and musk oils in the fall and winter. Something about them is simple and comforting. I find the musk oil version of this more appealing than the cologne spray. It just warms to your skin faster and becomes something better.

chillalot
chillalot

This is a sexy scent as I recall...I was only 16...why did my mother allow me to wear such a grown woman scent? I would layer the body lotion on in anticipation of my boyfriends arrival...This lush warm scent made me feel like a vixen...Yet I was always the perfect little angel but with mischief in mind...so funny now ...My mom should have known..right??? ...or did she?
Yes I think I need to add this back to my collection

elizabethari
elizabethari

My favorite fragrance, my signature, Jovan Musk is basic black. It goes for any occasion, and there's a remarkably timeless quality about it that reminds me of red lipstick, favorite jeans, or a classic cashmere sweater. It's completely unpretentious and just plain smells good.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

a real eye opener for me in the store. I smelled this amazingly piercing sweetness. Not sugary sweet, but a powdery diffusive sweet skin musk. I know it's for women, but this, is a curiously penetrating precious skin smell. It's got that special something, almost exactly like Kiehl's Original Musk Oil. you will like this.
Careful, It radiates far, Tremendous sillage, and my mom's choking and sneezing. A classic, and definitely not "Office Safe".
But Haha!!! i wouldn't call this clean.. it's kinda like the inside of my leather sandal after a long day. This is Animal. But not ferocious, just cuddly and soft at heart.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Such a clean, fresh, classic scent. On my skin I get a light, powdery, feminine musk - blue jeans and barefoot casual, yet, I can see how this could be sexy and more dressed up, too. This is truly simple done right. Glad to have rediscovered this gem.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

This is what I grew up thinking musk smelled like! My dad used to wear the Jovan Musk for Men back in the day, it has a similar vibe to the one my dad wore. Though this definitely has more of a feminine vibe to it. So easy to wear this is one my go to fragrances when I'm not sure what to wear. Its super versatile and great for any occasion. Clean yet still sexy. The musk in this is definitely not as clean as the one you find in Jovan White Musk. It is a little richer and warmer, but still wearable any time of the year. Its an old school scent that many younger people usually do not wear, but I honestly LOVE it! This will be in my wardrobe for a very long time. <3

hannie5
hannie5

I like this clean, classic fragrance. I bought it in the oil, and as others have suggested I am going to try layering this with other scents.

tinkmoi
tinkmoi

I went to a store to find a fragrance in a sale, they didn't have the one I went for. Browsing the aisles I came across this and had a moment of nostalgia for my youth. At home I sprayed it on my curtains... then my arm..
I like the bergamot and neroli notes with the musk, but don't like the jasmine note in it.
Reminds me of the past and probably not apropriate to wear unless to the beach (I rarely go).
Reading the last review, I agree that it would be suitable for layering, especially since I have some testers of rather peppery, woody fragrances that could do with a little sweetening. Cheers for the idea :)

suhaesa
suhaesa

it smells like cologne.. lemony.. sharp..yet mellow.. nice.. musky.. a hint sweet.. yet dry.. and powdery.. even aldehic..smells like old perfumes in a good way..its white .. maybe white florals..a bit balmy..and very clean..its very subtle.. and confident...a versatile perfume.. fit for any occasion.. beautiful all year round ..perfect for layering and blending ..an excellent bargain for the price you pay..
a bit hard on it s own.. so its really a great idea to layer it or blend it.. for it will make your more expensive perfumes last longer ..and shine ..for it wont overshadow them ..it will only act as a luscious clean canvas to paint the top notes from other perfumes..
smells perfumee ..when u first apply it.. has that clean out of the shower ..sophisticated.. modern vibe to it ..its also sensuale..men find white musk extremely attractive on women and even men ..for it doesn't scream loud ..yet it has that subtle musky ..skin scent..
just watch out for allergies as in most perfumes but especially musk it can cause sinusitis or allergies..
you will have to keep re applying on the hour though..to smell it and be smelled by others but it depends on your skin some people hold it for more and it projects and compliments them wonderfully on others it might turn more acidic..so test first..or use on clothes for layering..but musks are known to be excellent skin scents if you are lucky to have a ph and chemistry that works with it ..its heavenly ..divine and serene..very calming yet sensuale..

cologne concentrate 59 ml
perfume ratting 4.2 out 5
bottle ratting 2.8 out 5
my personal liking ratting 4.3 out 5

quackadoodle
quackadoodle

When I was a kid, I hated this. My mum wore it all the time, and I just thought it smelled like a barn. Either my sense of smell has changed, or the formulation has changed, since the late 80s/early 90s. It smells lovely. It isn't as strong as it used to be, and it no longer smells like a barn. May get myself a bottle.

Moneypenny9971
Moneypenny9971

Jovan Musk will always be my mother's signature scent.

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

Another classic perfume that is so rarely used today, that when you smell it, or when someone smells it on you, it’s a breath of fresh air!
Our grandmothers and our mothers wore this to stand out from the trashy women who walked around in “Short skirts, leather jackets and a face full of too much make-up that suffocated themselves in Tabu or Tweed”! This is a class act from first spray to last remains!
No wonder every husband bought this for his wife...it is true beauty, sex appeal and class, all in a very refined, discreet and slightly silent bottle and that’s the kind of woman this perfume represents!
She’s a woman who enters a room silently and elegantly, with a soft smile and a relaxed voice when whispering hello and leaves a lasting smell of comfort in the room!
By the time 1997 came along, this became a classic 90’s perfume that every mother bought for themselves and then bought a bottle for their daughter!
This is pure Musk and that’s the reason it stands out and always turns heads from both men and woman because it’s not laced with other notes to make it different, such as vanilla or rose...none of that insight...just pure musk and when you smell something like pure musk, it’s not what you have smelt before! It’s a shock to the system that something such as plain musk can smell so stunning, and win you over.
One of those perfumes you will first only "Like" on yourself but LOVE on someone else which will make you buy it for yourself and then love it over and over everytime you wear it, that when you walk past someone, you will notice them notice your scent, which will leave you with a little smirk on your face knowing you just won them over!
Can fill a whole room when sprayed on both wrists and both sides of your neck but will never drown people because of it’s warmth! Will receive positive comments all day by people. Even the same people that are around you all day (E.G. work environment) will comment more than once “I can still smell you, it's so pretty”.
Dry skin types suit this best...can last up to 3/4 hours.
Moist skin types can wear this for at most, 2 hours. But because it’s cheaper and a great price for something so nice I’m happy to apply this 3 to 4 times a day!

Thatkid
Thatkid

A nice classic scent that you simply cannot go wrong with. Perfect for casual wear or an evening out.

DeborahLeigh
DeborahLeigh

This is the only perfume my best girlfriend and I would wear for many many years 20 - 25 years ago. I remember a road trip we went on, and we both forgot our Jovan Musk. Well we spent all afternoon stopping at shops until we finally found some. We just couldn't live without it. We wouldn't even entertain the idea of wearing another perfume. That was a long time ago, and now I have a bathroom drawer full of many perfumes to choose from, and yes, there is still a bottle of Jovan Musk in the mix, and there always will be. It's a part of my history. I think I'll be buried in it, after all I was married in it. I haven't seen my friend now for about 15 years, and I hear she is battlying cancer - I think I'll send her a bottle of Jovan Musk.

antfarm
antfarm

Jovan Musk is on par with nearly every niche musk I've ever smelled. It is both clean and dirty, spicy and smooth. It reminds me of bad girls from the '70s, like roller derby queens, or those all-girl biker gang movies. Yesterday I went perfume shopping with my boyfriend at the mall to see what he might like. Out of everything, even designer frags, this was his favorite. The weird thing is, my dad used to get me this for holidays when I was a little girl--it was his favorite too. Lasting power of the cologne isn't that great (2 hrs max), but it is very inexpensive and sexy. Maybe I'll get the oil and try layering.

Anmo
Anmo

When used alone, Jovan Musk smells a bit like talc, soap and Elnett hairspay, while when used as a foundation for other perfumes, it seems to bring out woodsy/smoky/powdery/base notes of it. This fragrance surely is very useful and versatile.

geofammiel.liwanag
geofammiel.liwanag

This makes me smell freshly bathed all the time. Very feminine and sexy. I'm always bias to musks because they blend well with my skin.

I use this as a base for most perfumes I have, I use the musk oil and put drops on my wrists, behind my ears, and my cleavage area. Dry it out for a while and then spray on my perfume after. Makes everything sexier and last longer.

I can't believe this is so cheap but smells better than some expensive fragrances I know.

vicka16
vicka16

I love musk fragrances, espetialy when it also has white floral notes such as jasmine and neroli. But Jovan Musk smells really cheap and synthetic to me. It's a kind of soapy cologne that you can buy in a dollar store. I know Jovan Musk perfumes are sold at a very good price, but still I was expecting much more from this fragrance...

KleineLeopardin
KleineLeopardin

I rarely wear this, because you have to be in a very strong mood to do it justice. Whenever I put it on, I feel like a witchy seductress who is trying to disguise as a lady. It does turn heads, but I don't think that everybody will like it. But who cares?

annetw
annetw

Gave this to my mom..
Jovan Musk was too overwhelming for me, turned a bit sour on my skin as well?

I really like musky notes, but more so if they're mixed with some other nice notes. And I guess I prefer white musk over 'classic' musk? (not very good with notes, sorry)

Now I ordered Jovan White Musk - hoping that will be more my cup of tea. Will try to review!

Koralanne
Koralanne

I am not sure if the bottle i bought has turned or something or if it just does not agree with my chemistry. It smells like something that would be covering up the smell of adult diapers or something on me. I really want to like it, and after i had it on all night it smelled kind of like a soft musk, but still not great. I find it odd, because I love Jovan White Musk.

lastnightscent
lastnightscent

Oii how much I hate this scent! Did help me irrevocably figure out that I don't like musk, but man oh man was it a painful revelation (and the fact that musk comes, at least unsynthetically, from dead deer's glands really doesn't help). Literally sprayed it on like 3 times and can't wait to never try it again. ^^

mariasara
mariasara

This is a great perfum, for a low price. A very clean, almost pure musk scent. Maybe a litle soapy, wich I like, as it makes me feel like I just came out of the bath, even after a couple of hours. It reminds me of "the body shop -white musk" but without the rather sad tonality. I think this may be suitable for all ages and lifestyles,and can be used anywhere ( school, work..), because it´s so discret. I bought it on-line, based on the reviews, as it is no longer available in my country, and I am very glad I did.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was a familiar smell! I think my paternal grandmother must have worn it, this is what her bedroom and bathroom smelled like.
It's a soapy scent, very very musky. The musk only becomes more pronounced as it wears. If you like musk, I don't see why you would ever bother with a different scent, as this is pretty perfect. A good staple for any wardrobe really. Musk gets a little biting on me when it's not mixed with something more smoothly (eg Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP I love) so I wouldn't purchase a bottle, but it is a classic scent, clean and minimal and good for every occasion.

cmoca
cmoca

For some reason this musk clean soapy smell ...turns me on and makes me happy all at the same time :S
Strange..
The only other scent that does that to me us Burberry Touch for MEN.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

The only musk oil now available in Western Drugstores!

For those who match it's soft musk strains, this can be a base for almost any other perfume. I know someone who layers Jovan musk oil ( still sold at Walmart ) with every other perfume she owns, instantly improving and prolonging the scent. Angel, Euphoria, and even Avon Imari Seduction all smell more expensive on skin with this little trick.

If musk oil scent agrees with you, it can add an alluring depth to so many other current favorites. Have fun experimenting!

omixochitl
omixochitl

I bought this blindly because it was so inexpensive and the notes seemed amazing. It is a lovely fragrance, I can see why so many people love it. To me, it is very smooth and soothing, very cozy.

It is all about the musk of course, but it is not sharp. I find it to be very clean. Aldehydes are definitely noticeable and provide that vintage soapy edge. Then the jasmine appears, shy in the background.

Sillage? I think it is more of a skin scent. About longevity: it is a very light scent that I stop perceiving after a while (maybe I turn a bit anosmic to it). But if I sniff my wrist I know it is still there.

acavicchi
acavicchi

I sampled Jovan Musk today and found it to be a somewhat sharp, classic musk fragrance. I think the bergamot gives it an earthy quality. I'm sure I've smelled it before and it's definitely reminiscent of White Musk from the Body Shop to me, though somewhat less clean and more 70's, maybe?

Soutty123
Soutty123

I really wasn't expecting much from this perfume but I absolutely love it! It's very soft. I recognised it straight away. It's the olfactory equivalent of a big cuddle. It reminds me of my childhood, not because my mother ever wore it but I suspect maybe some of my teachers may have done. Anyway, it's a great skin scent for wearing on days when you want to smell nice but not really perfumey. I also think it would be a great base for layering with other perfumes as it really is just a soft sweet musky scent. Nothing complex.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Just arrived from Ebay! For me it's the perfect mix of a soapy-powdery musk (like Alyssa Ashley Musk is on my skin) and a soft, floral musk like Avon Soft musk + a touch of aldehydes, that imo make the fragrance more mature and refined...I'm in love!!! I guess it works well even in summer, because it's the typical fragrance that makes you feel clean and serene. Great blind buying! :)

I'm surprised at the florals in here, but they don't last long. The initial spray has a blast of florals that quickly fades, and I'm left with basically a musky scent on my skin. True to its name, this is VERY musky. To me, this is not a clean musk, rather there is a noticeable animalic quality to it. I'm not loving it as so many other reviewers are, but I don't dislike it either.

PLUMPIE

sorry guys but just don't get the sexy musk many mention here. All I get is johnsons no more tears baby formula shampoo. Perhaps it is the modern formulation, I wonder what the oil would smell like on me.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

A very simple, soft, floral musk scent that was a blind buy for me based on the reviews on here. Clean and comfy, it smells like clean skin. I can detect a slight citrus note in the opening and then it fades into musk and white flowers.

I enjoyed wearing it casually with a crisp white shirt and jeans. Somehow reminds me of my childhood, it has a certain retro vibe to it in a good way.

However it does not last, longevity is a couple of hours and sillage is minimal too so I have gone through my bottle fairly quickly. I won`t buy it again but I`m glad that I have tried it.
(I reviewed the Cologne Concentrate)

elderflowers
elderflowers

Because this is one of the legendary smells of the 70's, I tracked down one of the little square bottles of Jovan Musk Oil. It's resolutely unskanky, and mostly a soapy-floral to my nose – I don't detect anything earthy and seductive in it at all, nor any hint of the infamous 'warm knickers' undertone that some musk-based perfumes genuinely do have. On me, it was sadly rather dull, and eventually I passed it on to someone who was a more regular wearer of musks than me.

On the plus side, it's powerful and tenacious, far better than something like the Body Shop's wimpy White Musk (which seems to me to be a very dilute version) and if you like this sort of scent, it's excellent value. But if anyone can be driven into a bedroom frenzy by the smell of this stuff, I wish them every joy, and can only envy their sex drive.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I got myself the 60 ml concentrate cologne spray for 13 euro's. This is really very soft lovely musk all the way. I always loved musk but never experienced this as soft as this beauty. Its easy to wear, not offensive and very sexy. At lasts up to 6 hours on my skin and i keep sniffing myself and i am happy that i got it in my collection. Musk lovers try this one.

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

I've seen this so many times with the outdated orange packaging that I never even wanted to try it. Don't judge a book by it's cover! I recently got a whole bunch of perfumes in a lot off of Ebay and was ready to sell it without opening the package. To my amazement it smells amazing. Reminds me a little of Egyptian Musk Oil. And I also succeeded in finding the one perfume my husband actually likes as most give him headaches. I liked that this works with your natural PH etc (as all perfumes do) but I guess this may be more apparent as it's pretty much pure. I'm so happy I tried it!

Troodos
Troodos

I bought this as a child in the 70s and my mum liked it so much she bought some too. Since then my memories of my wearing if it and it evoking memories of my mum and the loving childhood she gave me are completely intertwined. This fragrance to me brings out deep memories of being about to grow up and all the excitement that came with that mixed with memories of snuggling up to my mum or reaching for her hand for reassurance in those times when I was happy to admit I was still a little girl. I still love to wear this now for all those reasons and more. It is soft, warm, comforting and sexy. How can one fragrance be so disarming and yet so erotically sensual? I don't know...but as this bargain price it should be in everyone's fragrance wardrobes. It will always be my favourite musk.

electric33
electric33

Jovan Musk oil was one of the first perfumes I wore. Through the years like most people, i think, I have purchased many, many fragrances looking for the perfect scent and a pretty bottle. There are over 85 bottles in my collection and some are embaressingly expensive and considerd high end. This plain looking little bottle of perfume smells nicer on me than any perfume has. It smells nice all day and never turns into anything unpleasant.
Of all the perfumes I wear, my husband has only commented on Jovan Musk Oil. It is his favorite. The UPS Driver today asked what my perfume was. I really do like the way it smells. I also wonder why I wish the bottle was prettier-as if it would make me like it a bit more.
It really is a soft, lovely fragrance. Very pleasant and appealing. I do like it and I see why it has so many wonderful reviews.

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

A very classy smell. Musk all the way. My mom loves this one.
This perfume-oil isn't expensive... but it does smell expensive and sophisticated. It's there but not in your face. I think it's kind of sexy. It's warm, like a hug. Great perfume!

puppygirl23
puppygirl23

I had this perfume is smells really good to say the truth i like it i would not mine to buy it again

Gabriela
Gabriela

My mom signature scents since forever are Chanel No. 5 and Jovan Musk. They always remind me of her, Chanel No. 5 for special occasions and Jovan Musk for everyday wear. Jovan Musk smells like my mom wearing bell bottom jeans and cool button shirts and sweaters in the 70’s, it is sexy, slightly animalic and a straightforward earthy scent. I mentioned Chanel No. 5 because I do agree with Janina’s comment below about the ylang ylang resemblance in both fragrances. Among the musks, Jovan Musk is the queen of them all...

Janina
Janina

Jovan Musk is really good. Only just got it and I`m very happy I did. But it is more than anything else big soft comforting yang-yang with musky background. My nose does not fail me here. If Chanel was making No5 cologne this is how it would smell. I had to give my No5 EdP away as I could not stand it`s base but I`m gladly keeping Jovan musk close at hand because it is soft and gentle, classy and lingers pleasantly.

I love spraying it on after shower and body lotion. It makes me feel wonderful!

sweetharmony
sweetharmony

This is my mom and aunt's all time favorite perfume-takes me back to when I was a kid. Good memories. Great scent.

romrom
romrom

I loved Jovan musk, Its a classic muskscent,warm mild soft and a bit sweet. I love how it always made me feel, very safe but a bit sexy at the same time. I think it's time to get another bottle.

francisrose
francisrose

This was my Mother's favorite perfume and if I want to remember her I spray a little on my wrist to have her near for the day. It is a very gentle, clean and soapy floral fragrance that has good staying power. It is a truly "pretty" perfume.

Esscentially299
Esscentially299

I like Jovan musk. It's a happy memory from my teenage years, when it was very popular: a softly floral musk that stays close to the skin and whose warmth and sweetness are always welcome. This is sort of a non-perfume fragrance, because it doesn't make a big statement...it's just warm and nice and just a little sexy in a wholesome sort of way. Just right.

Aubynik
Aubynik

I must tell you that this musk turns to a dull flowery freshness on my skin. And I wish with all of my heart that wasn't so.

I adore the musky, sweetness that reminds me of my mother when she was younger and had years of adventure before her. But my skin just eats the wonderful musky earthiness and brings flowers to the forefront no matter what I try.

I'm not saying at all that this is an unpleasant scent, because it isn't. It just isn't rebellious enough for me. And this is the oil version I'm talking about!

Will be on the lookout for something more naughty.

nina13
nina13

I smelled the eau de cologne, and imho, it doesn't smell like what I thought it would. How to put it nicely... It's just not my cup of tea. Though I think the perfume oil version is way better.

calyx93
calyx93

My babysitter wore this in the 70's (her yellow Honda Civic reeked of it) and like queenkey said, it was immediately identifiable. Sexy, yet very familiar and warm - made me feel safe and it's a smell I absolutely associate with my childhood and carefree times.

Alas, it really has changed. I picked up a bottle at a discount store recently and it bears little resemblance to what I remember - much weaker and the musk note itself is more like hairspray. I'm still searching for "that" musk of my childhood and will probably need to seek out a vintage bottle now :)

Nernanator
Nernanator

One of the first scents I ever fell in love with!

queenkey
queenkey

The original Jovan musk oil hit the market it the early 70's. When it can out, all women on my bus route bought it and wore it almost to a ruination, including me! But I will never forget the pit-in-the-bottom of the stomach smell when you inhaled it. THAT WAS MUSK at its intense best to me! I haven't bought it in years and wondering did they change the formula as they usually do.

Alberto Maria
Alberto Maria

pretendo comprar 2 de Jovan Musk aftershave/cologne 100 ml e 3 LuxaryPerfumeb eau de cologne 3.25 oz por favor confirmar os preços no E-mail [email protected] com urgencia vivo em Angola enviarme os vossos dados bancarios para fazer uma transferencia

desiraek
desiraek

This was the perfume my mom used to wear. She would only wear the oil. It was a very soft smell, kind of powdery on her. She no longer wears it, but I'm thinking I should buy her another bottle. :)

miahreis

My mom wears this perfume and she always smells so nice! On some women it doesn't smell so hot on, it just depends upon one's body chemistry. I have a bottle for nostalgia and I do wear it on occasion :)

Jellybean
Jellybean

nice feminine soft fragrance! pleasant musk scent simply amazing! can be worn anywhere;inexpensive. when unsure what to wear this is the good pick. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. great lasting power 6+ hours

TWebb
TWebb

Classic pure scent. Popular when I was in high school. Timeless.

Maali
Maali

One of the best perfumes I have ever used. it is light and could be used at any time. however it lasts for days. I use this on my 4 years old son and I mix it with the body shop white musk. it lasts for days on him and it smells soooo nice. I recommend this for kids specially and for anyone who wants something clean and fresh

pauluch3
pauluch3

My mom's signature scent. It's so fresh and musky at the same time. Just like baby soap or Nivea cream. Longevity is great!

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

Ahhhh.....a beautiful classic that's still wonderful after all these years. As @soniamclaear's review says, the staying power is excellent - glad Jovan have not watered this down.

Musk is VERY dependent on personal skin chemistry. Unless you know you like musk then try before you buy.

This is a linear scent in that the opening through to drydown stays the same. The florals don't really smell 'floral', they simply add a touch of sweetness.

This is definitely a 'dirty' musk. A little goes a long way. Even just a couple of sprays will still release wafts of loveliness throughout the day.

I also like layering this underneath other fragrances. LOVE this!

moraine
moraine

This is the biggest perfume bargain I've ever found. It's retro-sexy...gives me a "still damp from the shower and didn't shave my armpits" feeling. My husband goes wild for it, and says it reminds him of Bvlgari Blv (I guess it's the musk).

At less than 20 bucks a bottle, how could I not buy this again?

Thanks for the tip, Kiku!

Natalie467
Natalie467

One whiff of this takes me right back to 1984, I had the oil in the bottle version, no spray, this was an almost thick oil. A little dab behind the ears, on my neck & wrists, a few dabs on my leather jacket, some heavy black eyeliner, (lipstick, no way!) the hi-top sneakers and I was ready to go! Every boy I dated at the time said this smelled great, my girlfriends used to snag dabs out of my bottle, too. My (first)serious boyfriend at the time loved it. After I had worn a different perfume-Obsession or Anais Anais someone had given me-I went back to the Jovan. My boyfriend said, "You smell like Old Kitty" he called me Kitty and Jovan Kitty was better than the different perfume kitty.

Smelling it is like a time machine, still smells great, but I just can't wear it anymore, haven't worn it in years. Can't go back to being 16 again.

Kiku
Kiku

When Jovan Musk first came out there were so many bad perfumes called musk something or other I never even bothered to smell this. But an email friend recommended it so highly I decided to give it a try. It was one of those moments where you want to smack yourself in the head and say, "what was I thinking"?! This is one of the most beautiful fragrances ever and you can sum it up in one word: daffodils. It's like a warm spring day and a gentle breeze wafts the scent of a field of daffodils around you. It's a throwback to the simple, uncomplicated soft florals of the 1950's(like Max Factor's "Hypnotique", another daffodilly perfume). One of the few perfumes that smell strongly of daffodils so if you like daffys buy a bottle(and a back up) posthaste before they mess around with the formula.

a very earthy real musk. i've always liked it. no powdery dry down with this. this a true sweet musk. sexy and warm and you can smell the lovely jasmine. i find it a very comfortable scent especially on a drab dull day. it will envelope you in its warmth.

larali
larali

It was the first day of phys ed, grade 10. The gym was filled with the most awful, putrid smell. The brown fog centered around the awkward New Girl. Later I understood this to be Jovan Musk- she was dripping with it. Five feet away from her, it was a gagworthy stench. I never could understand why someone would choose to use (abuse?) such an obscene odor. I guess musk has it place, but users beware- it is powerful stuff. Please apply carefully and for God's sake, do not mix with teenage hormones/ sweat. As for the poor Musk Girl, she didn't last long at our school, for some reason....

Malegria
Malegria

Wow. Wow!!! who could tell that a little drugstore scent can have so much guts and staying power?
It is a very animalistic musk/ jasmine, but, despite of the "dirty underwear" part, it is very easy to wear. It embraces you like an old buddy; it`s old fashioned; you don`t have to reapply.Jovan`s musk stays with you forever, clings to the collars of your sweaters and is very hard to get rid of.I like it very much, but I know that the younger crowd will not appreciate this gem - it`s no fun. It`s like a steady marriage to a boy next door compared to a stormy affair with a beautiful stranger.

nickinotnikki
nickinotnikki

This is my favorite musk. My mom wears Skin musk which is very good too, and my aunt wears Coty Wild Musk, but I think Jovan is the best. I'm excited to try the oil.

swedeangel

This is so nice. As goes for the perfume oil,that is.
The edt is unwearable and cheap.
The oil,is so yummy,skinkclose and comfortable.Mildly flowery,musky and nerver loud!

Scent-a-holic
Scent-a-holic

I don't know if I tested a bad bottle or what but it smelled like urine on me. Litterly URINE. I am a musk lover so I saw this at the drugstore and I sprayed some on my wrist at first I couldn't smell it so then I made the terrible mistake of spraying it on my neck a couple sprays to see if I liked it, I then went on my way. Well 5 mins or so later I'm standing in another shop and I noticed this pee smell very strongly wafting up to my nose. I also noticed that a couple of women looked at me funny and backed away from me. I was mortified! I ran out of the store and grabed the perfume that was in my purse and doused my self in it. Pee smell gone. Disgusting horrible vile fume. I only wish I was kidding. Anyhoo I'll stick to my Avon Soft Musk for musk thank you.

milena
milena

Today i bought this scent and it is a very simple and beautiful scent.Pleasantly soft on my skin and so vibrant and sexy at the same time. Very easy to wear and you just can t go wrong with this choice of perfum. This is my fav musk perfume, It is cheap but the fragrant smells like a million bucks.A true classic a staple for most women.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Jovan Musk is a lovely scent, warm, feminine and sexy and definitely turns heads!

moly
moly

Thanks to reviews I read I bought it and I'm so glad. It really is warm, subtle and inoffensive, but it is also very stable on my skin. Thank you all!

Fragaria
Fragaria

ALL time favorite. The scent for memories, weddings, gardening, solitude, and walking in the crispy fall air. None other can ever be more to perfection than this. I have favorites but none have yet to ever surpass this scent for nostalgia sake or the most elegant wear. It's perfect in every way to me. This I would dread to lose like a last unicorn.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A musk well done, but very linear. EDT is a very nice for those who like musk, highly recommended for low overall cost.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I generally love musk and musk perfumes.
With Jovan Musk this is BIG love. I like the jasmine in it and the neroli too. It is clearly a soft, flowery musk, in the sense of classic perfumes. It can be used in the morning but also as an evening scent, it is just unique. I used up half of a big bottle last summer (excluding beach time, when I DO NOT wear any perfumes) and I daresay I sometimes overapplied but it was just for me to like it the more. It does not get overpowering, it just lingers as a soft caress. One of the perfumes I really love.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a lovely soft musk scent with animalic musk and florals which actually make it smell 'clean'. It's not of the barnyard or knicker variety. I love the fact that it's so retro and wearing it brings back my 70's childhood! Right now I am Jaime Sommers (The bionic woman) complete with flared jumpsuit and flicky hair - brill!

geegee
geegee

I can certainly smell the jasmine in this fragrance. Its a lot sweeter than your average musk perfume.

A lovely, light & very pretty perfume. Extremely subtle after an hour or so & ideal for a hot day.

chuaalba
chuaalba

I like a lots,but in spain is dificult finds coty and jovan perfums only this one i have

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

This scent brings me back to my childhood. My mom has always worn this and whenever I smell it I immediately think of her. This is her signature scent I suppose and it brings back memories of us getting ready for church on Sunday mornings and getting all dolled up. It's rather nice and all though I don't really wear it, I always have to keep a bottle in my collection because it just smells like my mom.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I remember this when I was a teenager! Im 46! It is a timeless classic with the same strength believe it or not! It lasts forever. Im amazed that Jovan has not watered down the strength of this but it is still the same way I remember it from the seventies. Rare find in these days of shriveling dwindling everything. This is just a beautiful scent that I still ware from time to time, I cannot forget my younger days!

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Seeing Jovan Musk is like bumping into an old friend at the local drugstore "oh my gosg, long time no see, mwa, mwa"

An easy to wear fragrance that is a staple for many womens handbags.

swedeangel

The musk oil from Jovan... Mmmm, ill never forget it ,just as so many others wont either. Its a classic muskscent,warm mild soft and a touch of heaven. A little animalic,but sexier and easier to wear i dont think youll find!

Musk by Jovan 3.70 out of 5 based on 621 ratings and 146 user reviews

Cologne 2oz
Jovan Musk Perfume by Jovan, 2 oz Cologne Concentrate Spray for Women
Jovan Musk Perfume by Jovan, 2 oz Cologne Concentrate Spray for Women
Cologne 8.4oz
Jovan Heat Fired Up Cologne by Jovan, 8.4 oz Cologne Body Spray with Biosensual Essence Damaged Box for Men
Cologne 3oz
Jovan Musk by Jovan Aftershave Cologne 4 oz for Men
Jovan Satisfaction by Jovan EDT Spray 1.7 oz for Women
Jovan Satisfaction by Jovan EDT Spray 1.7 oz for Women
Gift Set 2oz
Jovan Musk Gift Set by Jovan Gift Set for Women Includes 2 oz Cologne Spray 1 oz Cologne Spray
Jovan Musk by Jovan Eau de Parfum Oil Spray 1.99 oz for Women
Aftershave 8oz
Jovan Musk by Jovan Aftershave Cologne 8 oz for Men
Jovan Musk by Jovan Aftershave Cologne 8 oz for Men
Gift Set 2oz
Jovan Musk Gift Set by Jovan Gift Set for Men Includes 2 oz Cologne Spray 2 oz After Shave Cologne

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jovan Musk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jovan Musk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Musk by Jovan. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Musk by Jovan represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.