Designers » I-K » Chypre « Groups

Chypre Jovoy Paris for women

Chypre Jovoy Paris for women
dislike

honey
Chypre Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Chypre Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Chypre Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Chypre Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Chypre Jovoy Paris for women Pictures

The house of Jovoy Paris presented their collection which includes 7 perfumes in December 2007. Jovoy invites you to discover its definition of 7 great olfactory families, presented in a great perfume classic of the 30s, the Perlinette bottle...

Each bottle is unique, like a baroque pearl, and the "Tahitian pearl" lacquering subtly changes to reflect the light (from metallic grey to the deepest purple).

To experience the 7 Essential Scents is also to share the meaning of the traditional values of French Craftsmanship.

Chypre is a perfume for women by the house of Jovoy Paris and it was created in cooperation with perfumer Amandine Marie. The Chypres are expressed in a feminine style that evolves amazingly over time. Distinctly floral, a heart as mild as honey rests on a vetiver tinged with amber and patchouli.

Peony Rose

Honey Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley

Amber Patchouli Vetiver

Chypre Fragrance Reviews

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

This is an extremely beautiful fragrance with excellent longevity as most of Jovoy's fragrances. It is elegant, a classic chypre and very vintage smelling!
Saldy,I have discovered that vetiver is a note that turns very ugly on me. At times it's rubbery, other times a strange cold resinous smell. In any case, my chemistry absolutely ruined this gorgeous Jovoy for me!
If anyone is interested in a bottle minus a few sprays, in its box, please PM me. I am up for a sale or swap.

A rose-driven chyprey thing which while being nicely executed it still somehow fails to coalesce into something remarkable. If you like the genre, stick to the classics…

Rating: 5.5-6/10

Chypre by Jovoy Paris is a delicious rose chypre in a similar style to Estee Lauder's Knowing and Agent Provocateur.

On a cold Winter's night, there's nothing more comforting than the scent of a rich rose and patchouli blend. The rose note in Chypre is dry and concentrated, not unlike the scent of potpourri. Earthy patchouli, intense amber and a subtle hint of honey further compliments this classy composition.

Floral chypres wear beautifully on my skin, and I consider myself lucky in that regard. This fragrance can be unisex, however I have to agree with it being marketed to women. It's one of those understated 'sexy' scents. I know that chypres are very rarely considered 'man magnets', but I'd be willing to put this fragrance to the test.

I really enjoy this fragrance, so much so that I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection. I'm surprised that Jovoy Paris is not more well-known. Their Les 7 Parfums Capitaux series are well worth testing. They cover many fragrance genres, so at least one should appeal to you.

Chypre wears relatively close to the skin, however the longevity is superb. Some chypres can be cloying, so it's nice to find at least one chypre that isn't offensive on the skin. I highly recommend this little beauty.

chio17
chio17

where can i buy this? i'm in california

neenets
neenets

For me, this perfume represents the perfect chypre. I'll say it rightaway that the combination of rose and patchouli can sometimes be quite earthy (think of DSH's Dirty Rose), but this is not the case here. This perfume has clarity and even lightness that I have never experienced in other perfumes of the same type. (The manufacturers have compared this to Lauder's Knowing, which is soapier and mossier, and to Soir de Lune, which is richer and more stand-offish). It is to be sure a strong scent, I use only one spray and it is enough to last me a day. The certain 'coolness' that this perfume can project (from the reviewer below) is probably what appeals to me, I connect it to the dry ambery, musky notes of the drydown. Chypre retains its surprisingly fresh character right to the end.

Anassa
Anassa

One of the best perfumes ever. I LOVE it.

Cereza
Cereza

I find this to be such a lovely masterpiece. I bought this blindly when I went on a blind-buy rampage and this is my favourite of my 5 buys.
It opened with deadly cold rose, which slightly reminded me of old fashioned bulgarian rose oils my grandma used to use. When the patchoully hit in the scent became bitter.
This is very classy, very rich and very expensive smelling chypre suitable for cold "femme fatale", it's seductive and alluring, but not inviting. As I said - on my skin it feels extremely cold and distant and I can easily imagine myself wearing it on those days I don't want anyone come near me, on fancy evenings when I want to be an ice queen.
Longelivity is a killer, 12+ hours on my skin.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

got my bottle today and wow! this is a true gem !!! very creamy, powdery, warm, sensual, flowery. i love all the notes in it, but almost the rose and peony are soooo beautiful - let me feel so classy and feminine, soooo nice well done perfume indeed. the patchouli is not strong, just the right amounth to be sensual and mysterious.
i m in love ! even after hours and a shower i can easely detect it on me without being a loud perfume. sitts perfect near on skin. i think it s very sexy !

guess this would be also perfect as base layering with another fume.

Jillian
Jillian

Jovoy sent me a full bottle of this after the mix up with the winners of the Jovoy contest:) Absolutely love. Though typically more of a fan of spicy, darker frangrances, this one has a wonderful bright open and develops into delicate floral notes of jasmine and rose. Dry down has wonderful waves of amber. I find this a very easy 'everyday' scent. Agree with rebella, staying power is 'so-so' 4-5 hours tops.

dolita
dolita

very warm and sensitive but not easy to wear everyday
all the guys will give you compliments while you wearing it

jeca

Dear Sherihan, Chypre is the name o this perfume and the name of the entire olfactive group as well. You can read more about the house in the article French house of Jovoy/Codray (find it in the house description, click above)

guest_Soph
guest_Soph

such a gorgeous I've ever met! chypres is my favorite flavor. This Chypre is a traditional one. Excellent!

rebella
rebella

My favourite among the Jovoy Paris fragrances (I may change my mind tough).

Very powerful and spicy opening with roses and peony. Makes me smile... after a while it softens up, the honey is very nice, aromatic more than sweet. Very pleasant. The rose lingers quitly underneath... Subtle drydown, like it a lot.

OK stayingpower, but not that good, about 3 hours...

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Oh la, la! It's very chic chypre perfume. In it are traditionals chypres notes: herbes patchouli, dry vetiver. It has been composed with charming ligthness and with elegance. In it is beautiful fresh flower note and light honey. Very elegant , sophisticated perfume. It is as precious, silk tissue, as burnish of pearl. I find, that this perfume adjust women, which like exclusives smells. Chypre Javoy is parfume for elegants women. I would like have whole bottle Chypre Javoy, though I'am not elegant.

jeca

I like it most of all, it's feminine and sensual, I like the drydown notes.
This chypre is the classical chypre, subtle and sexy.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jovoy Paris Chypre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jovoy Paris Chypre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chypre by Jovoy Paris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chypre by Jovoy Paris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.