Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Rouge Assassin Jovoy Paris for women

Rouge Assassin Jovoy Paris for women
dislike

Rouge Assassin Jovoy Paris for women Pictures

Rouge Assassin by Jovoy Paris is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Rouge Assassin was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Amelie Bourgeois. Top notes are bergamot, elemi and rose; middle notes are iris, rice and ambrette (musk mallow); base notes are cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, white musk, benzoin and tonka bean.

Bergamot elemi Rose

iris Rice Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Cedar Sandalwood Vanilla White Musk Benzoin Tonka Bean

Marron Chic
Yapana

Rouge Assassin Fragrance Reviews

AveParfum
AveParfum

Rouge Assassin was my first experience with Jovoy, and it did nothing for me. I bought it blindly and regretted it. I found it to be a fairly dull scent. A light, innocuous powdery scent with a vanilla-like resinous base. So demure that a nun could wear it to church. It is lacking in depth and complexity. Sillage was very low, but it lasted an average amount of time on the skin.

I was so intrigued by all the talk of lipstick, makeup, wax...but I have found those qualities to be better in other perfumes, so again, this one pales in comparison to others I have worn lately. It seems like the base of a perfume instead of the whole shebang. I detected very few of the notes in the pyramid, like I mentioned, mostly a powdery scent, some citrus, and sweet base. Underwhelming.

Eurochic
Eurochic

I'm not very good at getting all the notes, but I can definitely smell the ambrette seeds, the same scent as in Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel No 18.
Ambrette smells sharp, vegetal, and it feels cold somehow. The bergamot here is very fresh and zesty. After about 30 minutes the iris and vanilla show up, bringing some sweetness and a powdery touch to the whole. That's my favourite part. And this is also when it gives off that lipstick vibe. For the rest of the time I feel that RA keeps going back and forth between those two stages: fresh with focus on the ambrette, and powdery sweet. I'm trying to get the other notes, but I'm not very successful. Rose? No. Benzoin? No. Tonka? No. Rice? No. Maybe elemi, yes. It's very pleasant and easy to wear, nothing murderous about it. Not a bold matte red lipstick, rather a sheer glossy one.

shushkin
shushkin

Im hit with iris and ambrette on the opening. A lipstick waxy iris with musk. There is a touch of sweetness from the rose and tonka. I can just about make out sandalwood and cedar. If there is rice in here then its overwhelmed by the other more strident notes. Its a shame the iris is so fleeting with the rose, tonka, ambrette and musk lasting ages. I think I love it most after an hour or two.
Im perplexed by its name as there is nothing dangerous about this very pleasant iris fragrance. I think you could wear this day or night. It doesnt have a strong sillage but has long longevity. Its an easy to wear unisex fragrance.

Elokitty
Elokitty

Ce rouge n'a rien d'assassin. Dommage
Il est très léger et très discret, la nuance de rouge à lèvres s'estompe très rapidement.

becuille
becuille

A waxy lipstick iris. I don't understand the name. There's nothing red or dangerous about this at all.

I'm not that into iris if it's waxy, so this isn't really my cup of tea. It's the classic powedery lipstick smell with plenty of dry ambrette in the background.

There's not a whole lot else going on here for me. I find it linear, and really only get iris and ambrette from it.

It's inoffensive and I can imagine it being a great go to for office/day wear.

Sot sillage and about 6 hours longevity.

Juma
Juma

Mmm, an amazing scent, powdery liptstick scent. But only at first sprays. It's not juicy but dry ambrette, iris, sandalwood is what I smell. After 30 minutes sandalwood and musk dominates all the way.

Till now I've tried HDP's Moulin Rouge and Malle's Lipstick Rose, as 'lipstick /old cosmetics' fragrances and this is far more dry and polite as the other two, MR is more bold and juicy, Malle is very powdery, IMO.

Rouge Assasin is not screaming but it's whispering how classy and feminine is it.
PS: I agree with previous poster. It's not 'Red', but 'Grey-purple, mauve' coloured lipstick, my favourite.
2. PS: I love Moulin Rouge over this.

Vahagn
Vahagn

I would call this perfume not "Red killer" or "Gray-purple killer."
Screaming mixture of intense iris and musk. In the background I hear benzoin and sandalwood. I especially did not like the dusty tail of the perfume "colored" neon-violet color.
What lipstick, what powder ...aroma ??? If this perfume reminds powder or lipstick, than this is "hysterical powder" and "barbed lipstick."
Indeed this "killer" - drilled brain.
Not for young girls, I think will suit young punks))))

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Rouge Assassin by Jovoy is the perfect vintage cosmetics scent! It makes me feel nostalgic for the lipsticks and face powders of the 1940’s. I can’t help but think of old Hollywood style glamour! Rouge Assassin definitely is more powdery than waxy. I think it’s really difficult to get the cosmetic scent mixture just right without it being too sweet or too rosey, but Jovoy had no doubt achieved that with Rouge Assassin. The ambrette compliments the iris exquisitely , it develops so smoothly on the skin. Rouge Assassin is sexy and comforting at the same time because it brings back memories, but still offers this irresistibly vintage feminine allure. I am so in love with lipstick and cosmetic type fragrances and once I heard that this was a similar type of fragrance to my beloved Moulin Rouge 1889 (totally a lipstick scent, has a waxy vibe to it!) I had to try Rouge Assassin. I am so glad I did because I absolutely love it! Rouge Assassin is definitely my new “holy grail” vintage face powder scent!

Eos
Eos

This is not what I thought it would be, at all. Rouge Assassin is citrusy, soapy and woody and inhabits the same general olfactory neighborhood as D&G's Light Blue (clean-musky-citrus-woody). There is a lot of ambrette, bergamot and cedar here coupled with a faint iris note that reads as clean-soapy and papery rather than powdery or makeup-like.

The overall feel of RA is surprisingly upbeat and I think that's also one of the reasons this doesn't come off as an iris-centric perfume. (Iris heavy perfumes are often decribed by many as having a melancholic air to them.) Maybe it's the bergamot that hangs around too long and reminds me a bit of a citrusy green tea vibe. There is a lot of cleanish musk from the amberette too. Honestly, this smells like I washed my hands with highly scented antibacterial soap and dried them on one of those rough cardboard-brown colored paper towels. Not at all unpleasant, but not the powdery makeup scent I thought it would be.

GIUGGIOLA2
GIUGGIOLA2

Molto simile a marron chic di nez nez

Nickie
Nickie

I blind bought this a year ago and, at the time, I was working in a high-pressured City environment. I liked RA, but it didn't fit the life/ workstyle I was living - not enough GRRRRRRR! - and I wore it only twice.

Fast forward to December this year and, I unearthed it from the depths of my wardrobe as I was foraging for things to sell on eBay. Praise be that I had the presence of mind to try it again!

My life's changed a great deal in 12 months: I'm now working from home and I find the demure, musky iris of Rouge Assassin perfect for my work and mind set.

It's comforting and unobtrusive but with a backbone of steel. At first spritz, I catch myself thinking I'll have to overload on it because it won't last but it always finds a way. It's the most subtle longevity powerhouse in my collection.

I'm surprised not more people have this in their collections. It was the ultimate sleeper hit for me; now I couldn't bear to be without it.

Has notes that remind me somehow of vintage makeup; powdery, creamy, smooth and cool. Add to this tart candy notes, and I'm loving it.I adore iris and ambrette and it's a lovely combination. Pretty, fun.

Lana148
Lana148

Romantic floral.

It is soft but substantial, complex but easy, classy but modern fragrance. It is very lady-like with cool, metro feel. This one is for those who like to wear feminine, different, not too sweet fragrances.

In a heart: fresh iris-rose composition, a little woody, powdery and ambrette-musky.

Really harmonious and beautiful

Cereza
Cereza

"Rouge Assasin" is a very feminine creamy scent that wraps you like a blanket. Low silage, but excellent longevity - around 8 hours. Worth a try if you don't mind creamy perfumes that develop around ambrette.
Opening greeted me with powdery old-lipstick iris, but soon it settled to a very creamy, almost milky feminine scent perfectly suited for colder evenings. Very versatile and with excellent quality.

Def. worth a try or even a blind buy if this sort of scents are your thing.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Rouge Assassin opens with a beautiful iris note, restrained and well-rounded but dense, full, extremely powdery – the "lipstick" type of iris notes – with a bold waxy/buttery feel, a bit soapy too, refined and sensual, and also amazingly nostalgic. It also sports a mossy/woody side with a hint of patchouli and cedar that darkens and give a bit more dynamism to the prominent note and its poudrée femininity, and also some fresh initial notes which add a sprinkle of light. In short it's a sort of less powerful, more light and masculine take on Iris Silver Mist – that kind of lipstick, buttery, rooty iris scent. The base is maybe subtly leather. A dense, pleasant scent, with a vertical "shadiness" that goes from the head notes to the dark, fruity-vanillin sticky and dense base notes. The sandalwood and cedar note add the right amount of woodiness, perfectly blending with the "waxiness" of iris – the sandalwood being creamy and aromatic as well. Sadly, although it smells great, it all kind of "collapses" really soon, the persistence is really long but it quickly turns into a delicate, still pleasant but a bit more indefinite and a bit dull woody-vanillin-rose scent. Overall however is a nice scent, one of those scents you can buy with confidence at -40/50% bargain sales.

7-7,5/10

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I am a little confused by this scent. From the notes listed, the back story etc I thought this would be a sure fire winner and couldn't wait to get my hands on a sample.
Yet I was so underwhelmed by this when I tried it. It is so light as to be almost imperceptible - and it wasn't just me, my hubby could barely smell it either, it was as though within 10 minutes it smelled like the faintest skin scent drydown from the previous day. Such a shame, I was ready to fall in love.
What little I could smell of it was nice but this is so so delicate and faint. If they could just triple the strength maybe...but as it is, it just doesn't fit the name, the story.
Longevity about 2 hours and no sillage.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

A musky sweet woody, not just for girls...

The top notes hit me squarely and individually right away. The rose initially makes RA feel a little on the feminine side (just a tad, not much), but on me it is not long lasting (first 5-10 minutes, tops). After the 10 minute mark, the rose pretty much is not longer perceptible. Only the freshness and the sweet sharpness of the bergamot and elemi, respectively, stay longer...before the middle notes begin to make presence (i.e., the first few minutes upon spraying), RA smells like those eau de cologne, citrus-based, fragrances that you find in many houses...it does not say much until the bergamot begins to fade and the middle notes begin to appear.

After 15 minutes or so the bergamot has toned down and iris begins to kick in as the rose fades away...the iris starts making RA feel a little powdery is a good way...accompanying the introduction of the iris are the sandalwood/cedar combo, making RA feel woody...and this point, around the 30 minute mark, RA no longer feels to me flowery in a feminine way (the iris will persist, giving a flowery elegance to RA, but not in a way that I would describe as feminine)...the lingering elemi is just right in amount (I'm experienced with elemi, which can repel when over used due to its sharp resinous sweetness, but in RA the amount is right...just enough to give that enjoyable sweetness)...the rice scents also kicks in...the rice scent introduces this nutty feel which, when mixed now with the elemi, introduces this almondy smell...which I have to say, complements well the Tonka and vanilla at the base (Tonka also tends to be a little almond-like)...the musk contributes with a little dryness that complements well the soft powdery feel of the iris. After the 30 minute mark the benzoin-Tonka-vanilla combo is now well present, bringing a warm and comfort feel. The sandalwood/cedar combo (but most notably the sandalwood) continues to be alive.

In short, this is not a linear fragrance.

For the rest of the duration this is pretty much how RA stays...an elegant, warm, powdery, nutty, comforting, and moderately sweet wood composition...

Longevity is above average, silage is soft/moderate.

spidola
spidola

I did not expect this perfume to be so humble and suffocated…Yes, the dominant notes are musk mellow, white musk, iris, but I do not smell any of the sweet notes listed (vanilla, tonka, benzoin), but neither something fresh (cedar, bergamot)... The entire composition seems rather weak, hardly breathing ...

This perfume should evoke the strength of the women lived in the ‘20s, these garçonne –type women who in their search of liberty possessed enormous feminine charm…I do not feel it…unfortunately…

magdalena.shiu
magdalena.shiu

I love the ambrette seed and this is very well dosed in this fragrance.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Esxence "The art of perfumery" exhibition in March 2013 was the first holiday I've ever taken purely for the sake of perfumes. Wandering among fragrance aficinados, noses and business owners was an amazing experience, not to mention that I also had the honor of meeting and talking with Elena and Zoran (the founders of Fragrantica) on location!

The winning perfume of that heavily scented weekend for me is Jovoy's Rouge Assasin. It's no secret that Yours Truly is a sucker for iris. In my video blog I sometimes mention Dior Homme for its powdery, cosmetic, lipstick qualities. You know, it has the makeup bag effect. But Frederic Malle's Iris Poudre and Dior Homme are a far cry from Rouge Assasin, which refers to a woman's scarlet lips by both its name and smell.

The opening is quite powerful considering this is a powdery fragrance. Other people will definitely know that you've just sprayed some good stuff on. This phase will pass in about ten minutes and settle into a qualified, very very well done lipstick perfume. The rest of it is linear as far as I know, because my nose sort of loses track of the suave Rouge Assasin before the it gets to the drydown. Anyway, this stuff is absolutely marvelous. It's hardly overpowering, it's very feminine and classy.. and the bottle cap is luxuriously heavy. Mmm.

I could go on and on, but will simply end this lovestruck babble by claiming that the queen of lipsticks has been found. Thanks to Amélie Bourgeois for crafting this stunning perfume.

nikoleta1

Such a pleasant powdery smell, long lasting too, does anybody want to exchange it? let me know.

nikoleta1

Soft and romantic, light, like it a lot.

silfra
silfra

I would like it it wasn't there the ambrette, which I can't stand. Pity.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jovoy Paris Rouge Assassin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jovoy Paris Rouge Assassin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rouge Assassin by Jovoy Paris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rouge Assassin by Jovoy Paris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.