Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women

Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women
dislike

Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures Terra Incognita Jovoy Paris for women Pictures

Terra Incognita was presented in 2008 and created in cooperation with Sidonie Lancesseur, perfumer of prestigious Maison Robertet from Grasse. This opulent, extravagant fragrance opens with aromas of papirus absolute, bergamot, peach and freesia in the top of fragrant composition. The heart introduces sweet almond, jasmine, peony and vetiver, while the base includes surprising and long-lasting aromas of amber, patchouli, white musk, red bush(Rooibos-Aspalathus linearis)and Gurjum balsam.

The bottle is made of matte glass with golden (metal) accents, which contribute to elegance and laxury. It is available as 50 ml EDP.

Papyrus Bergamot Freesia Peach

Almond Jasmine Peony Vetiver

Amber Musk Patchouli

Terra Incognita Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Terra Incognita opens with bergamot, caraway, dense and tasty flowers (I only spotted jasmine, there is also peony and freesia, however it's a floral accord on the fresh-crisp side), on a base of patchouli, amber, sweet sandalwood and a discrete note of waxy, rooty vetiver. I think I also get the papyrus note although I don't know what it is made of exactly - I guess it's synthetic, but it's good. Basing on the notes it may look like a common and simple fragrance, but it's not: it's a really thick, dense, aromatic – not exactly "opulent", just more tasty, incredibly compelling and harmonic floral-ambery Oriental with earthy nuances and a rich, juicy heart (perhaps the peach note and some facets of flowers). What amazes me is how it manages to smell incredibly "compact", yet revealing a lot of nuances and facets – the warmth of amber blending with the warmer-sweeter side of woods, whose drier and darker side is instead enhanced by the earthiness of patchouli, and then the breezy balsamic scent of flowers, spices and leaves floating all over... a lot of notes, an aromatic fragrant journey on a woody-spicy-floral-resinous Oriental caravan. Parisa correctly recalls Parfum d'Empire, below I also thought of that house, there is quite a lot of similarities. Really pleasant, not the most original around but really good and enjoyable.

7,5-8/10

parisa
parisa

This is great fragrance, real gem, too bad that it is not better known among perfume fans. Very strong, great silage, I would compare its quality to some of PdE fragrances like Ambre Rousse, Cuir Ottoman, Fougere Bengale - in that league.
I thought that it opens with strong patchouli note, but it seems to be papyrus absolut, smells very similar. I can`t smell flowers, so I would not call it floral. Very deep, hard to describe what it smells like or to distinguish notes since it is blended very well. It is not something eccentric or very hard to wear but not so easy to find and a little bit expensive. I recommend it.

jeca
jeca

This fragrance changes every time i apply it, so it's hard to describe it. First and second time I apply it, Terra Incognita was so deep oriental chypre with slightly sweet a bit powdery woody heart and base.

But this time it's opening like a sharp deep even metal chypre, so dark and sensual, I feel woods, but they are not sweet, very earthy, and I smell flowers through them.

I smelled the absolute of bamboo (many thanks:), it's so deep woody earthy patchouli-like (I have totally vision of it before), so it's based on big amount of it.

I like the perfume very much :-)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Jovoy Paris Terra Incognita fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Jovoy Paris Terra Incognita, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Terra Incognita by Jovoy Paris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Terra Incognita by Jovoy Paris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Frederic Malle Carnal Flower Estée Lauder Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang Ralph Lauren Safari L`Artisan Parfumeur Seville a l`Aube Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule L`Artisan Parfumeur Dzing! Parfumerie Generale PG05 L'Eau de Circe Annick Goutal Songes Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie Juliette Has A Gun Vengeance Extreme Amouage Amouage Lyric Woman Givenchy Organza Chanel Bois des Iles Jovoy Paris Chypre Chanel Allure Sensuelle Majda Bekkali Sculptures Olfactives Mon Nom Est Rouge Molinard Habanita