Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Ames Soeurs Joya for women

Ames Soeurs Joya for women

Ames Soeurs Joya for women Pictures Ames Soeurs Joya for women Pictures Ames Soeurs Joya for women Pictures

Âmes Soeurs (the Scent of Soulmates) is a perfume, which Frederick created for the Book of Lost Fragrances by M.J.Rose. The scent and the book were introduced in January 2012.

Limited to just fifteen jars, the sensuous solid version is housed in a luxurious gold-trimmed container inspired by an ancient perfume vessel described in the book.

Main notes include orange blossom, lotus, rose, jasmine, frankincense, myrrh.

Jasmine African Orange flower Lotus Beeswax Incense Olibanum Myrhh Rose

Ames Soeurs Fragrance Reviews

What came first? The perfume or the book? The book of course inspired this pretty little wonder. Authors will do anything to sell books. Well, this worked for me, thanks to Fragrantica promoting the novel-Book of Lost Fragrances. Yes, I just finished reading it and decided to track down a sample.

Ames Soeures or soul sister is pretty strait forward with the notes. Its a natural perfume, with no synthetics in this to be found. It is inspired by the perfume in the novel which is about 2000 years old discovered on a pot shard. Simple oils and floral balms created a foundation for modern perfume. The fictional formula contains the legendary blue lotus which was reputed to have hallucinatory properties.

Do I have any past life recalls by sniffing it? Perhaps, yet the fragrance is not the reason. The book raises a lot of questions about the industry and the French connection to Egypt and the sudden rise of modern perfume in the 19th and 20th century.

Thank you M J Rose for the inspiration and this clever promotion!

Mmm I love this but only have a small sample. I will be buying it though.
I think it will become my signature.
Straight away I can pick out honey and frankincence with very gentle ginger, orange blossom and a cedar woodiness.
Later there are apricots covered with warm honey, sweet musk, Amber and almond milk and again that soft wood. These are the notes which last longest on my skin and it does last!
I love that it is an oil with a roller ball applicator and how it melts into my skin and blends with my chemistry.
There is something quietly exotic and smoothly enticing about this scent.
It has an earthy, ancient quality that invokes images of sensual women from ages past indulging in their steamy bath houses. Their bodies being anointed with scented oils such as this by their handmaidens.
The creation of this perfume was inspired by 'The Book Of Lost Fragrances' in turn inspired by the elusive recipe book of perfumes created for and by Cleopatra titled Cleopatra gynaeciarum libri.
Mark Antony gave Queen Cleopatra a perfume factory because of her interest in perfume. Cleopatra’s perfume factory is at the south end of the Dead Sea, 30 km from Ein Gedi. Residues of ancient perfumes were discovered there.

I don't know what others are smelling but this is in a nutshell , a p&j sandwich with vicks vapor rub..totally weird fragrance to me! It's alluring in that it's different but it stops there. I would never wear this !

OK I got this from the website that tells the notes of the perfume:

Top: Tamarind, Grapefruit, Cypress
Mid: Rose Bulgar, Ginger, Orange Blossom
Dry Down: Cedarwood, Incense, Amber, Sweet Musk

I love this perfume. I got a very small sample of it and am desperately looking to purchase. It's not too strong or too sweet. I am no expert on the notes in the perfume, just know that it smells good and doesn't make me ill as do most other perfumes after awhile.

The fragrance is beautiful, it's rounded, floral sweet and fresh at the beginning, almost immediately I get spicy and woody (frankincense) notes on my skin, together with soft flowers (a hint of L'eau Froide? they are not similar at all, the last one is not floral, but they share this fresh woody, for me cardamom-like, nuance). It's nicer on Jodi's skin, I remember, on me it's quite spicy ;o) I think this one is a very very nice fragrance indeed.

I haven't smelled it in solid perfume, only from my sample in oil.

Ames Soeurs by Joya 4.75 out of 5 based on 11 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Joya Ames Soeurs fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Joya Ames Soeurs, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ames Soeurs by Joya. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ames Soeurs by Joya represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.