Designers » I-K » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1118 I had it: 286 I want it: 430 My signature: 28

leather
oud
Dirty English for Men Juicy Couture for men Pictures Dirty English for Men Juicy Couture for men Pictures

Dirty English is the first fragrance for men by trendy house Juicy Couture. The fragrance will be available fomr March 2008 as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz) and 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) EDT.

Dirty English for Men is created in cooperation with Claude Dir, the nose of the Givaudan house. It opens with peppered mandarin, blue cypress, Calabrian bergamot, cumin and cardamom. The heart brings marjoram and black leather accords accompanied with sandalwood, Atlas cedar and vetiver root which create a fatal effect, while the base reveals agarwood, ebony, black moss and amber musk.

This fragrance is devoted to irresistibly charming 'bad guys' who live fast, crazy and for the moment.

Carrot Seeds Oakmoss Sandalwood Mandarin Orange Musk Agarwood (Oud) Cypress Ebony Wood Vetiver Cedar Bergamot Cardamom Marjoram Leather

Tabarome
Gucci pour Homme
Potion

Dirty English for Men Fragrance Reviews

ShotsK
ShotsK

I enjoy this sweet clean woody smoky scent. It's been discontinued, but if you like dirty English I recommend getting Caroline Herrera VIP 212 man they're very close to the same scent, although VIP has stronger sillage and a magnet that holds the cap on real nice ;^)

upon further wear i've discovered this stuff lasts over 24hrs on my skin, wow

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

Strange, almost medicinal ambiance with this. Slightly sweet, slightly woody, a bit fruity. Smells like a bourbon cocktail? Summed-up in two words: nothing special.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I like it, it's quite strong. I really get the leather and orange notes, they are quite prominent. I struggle with fidning any hint of oud in there, doesn't exist in my humble opinion. It lasys pretty well, the bottle is gorgeous, bad to say I bought it more for the bottle.

jfr1974
jfr1974

This was a blind buy at very cheap (under AUD30). The bottle is stunning - still it is about the juice. I can't say I like this. It doesn't so much smell dirty as it does medicinal. There's a lingering bitterness that does not appeal to me. I can tell there is quality here but if you can, try before you buy. It also suffers from poor longevity on my skin.

moftahyounis
moftahyounis

The only fragrancs I am keeping mainly because of the beautiful bottle , specially the smaller ones are really worth the 15-20$ , my wife love it on me

Yasir Shahbaz
Yasir Shahbaz

It screams sexy!
I found a craving to smell it time and again on my wrist. wow! Beautifully simple and simply beautiful.
It is not THAT rich, deep and Imperial fragrance, it is just a country boy's craving to make love.

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

If their purpose was to make it smell dirty, they achieved, it really smells dirty, reminds me of old fashioned pubs which smells whiskey, a little bit heavy for me but not bad

aphexacid
aphexacid

I finally broke down and ordered a bottle after years of hearing this compared to everything from Gucci PH to Black Afgano. I always get burned with "cheap" blind buys. I never listen to my better judgement. I always get suckered into everyone who proclaims that this amazing $20 perfume should really be priced at $200!

Not the case here. Loud and obnoxious this is not. Oud? Leather? People that are saying its so strong and "manly" should really expand their horizons past TJ MAXX.

This is a really typical spicy/cedar/cardamom perfume. Its the cardamom and cedar join forces to make a roundhouse kick of cloying woody sweetness that hits me right in the back of my throat.

It does resemble zirh ikon. Except Ikon is stronger and even more cloying with the addition of cloves.

I can see the comparison with Gucci PH as well. Except GPH is a very dry woody incense. This could be its hillbilly cousin.

In the end its not horrible, but i will never wear it.

I dont know how long it lasts on skin because i had to wash it off. I will say its pretty linear. Projection isn't the greatest either.

mista majestic
mista majestic

I was surprised when reading the comments below due to so many of them being so negative! This fragrance is great. Full on cedar, tobacco, smoke and musk with leather knocking around for good measure. Amazing sillage and fantastic projection. A proper compliment getter....but it is definitely a smell for a man. This product is basically a pair of testicles squeezed into a bottle.

If your into wishy washy citrus ozonic stuff then steer clear. This is punchy but versatile in all sorts of situations.

The weirdest thing is how the smell has changed as I've gone down the bottle. It smells quite different from when I first squirted it....it was quite confused and very very cedar. Now its very balanced with a huuge smack of tobacco giving it its character. I reckon this is where many folks have gone wrong.

Give it some time and it'll be worth it..

Jibb Ski

Just want to say: Absolutely no resemblance to Versace Oud Noir. I love oud smells, and I bought this wanting to love it - but it smells like the back of my grandfather's old eastern European car. Of the hundreds of perfumes I've smelt, I've never actually found one I would want to scrub off myself until Dirty English. Do not be fooled by the nice looking note pyramid. I was.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I had Dirty English, but I didn't like it very much then so it went, as a pretty gift. But I must also add that at that time I was IN for a different sort of scent. anyway, I do remember DE smelling quite woody and medicinal, and now I know that was the oud, I didn't then. It is boozy, too. Theres' leather. And lots of testostherone. Plenty. It's one of the very few recent scents that is all male all the way, without a single detour. It's straight man's scent or a man straight scent? I might get it again, for now I can undestand Dirty English better than I did before. The bottle can be used as a weapon of mass distruction, as any Juicy Couture's for that matter, really.

MaddieClfd

To all complaining about poor longivity and projection - buy Dirty English aftershave moisturiser (the one that looks like a baby food pouch). It does help a lot! When my partner uses this before spraying DE it improves the projection significantly, it becomes very noticeable. To the point, that I actually find it a bit too much.

dlrayrn
dlrayrn

This stuff is a little heart breaking. It's everything I would expect from the notes (all things I love). It should be a "go to" for me. The fragrance itself is wonderful to my nose, but it's longevity and projection is so poor on my skin as to make it almost worthless. The natural solution would be to spray it on clothing, which does help a bit. However, I can only bring myself to spray it on black due to its staining properties. I will continue to enjoy fleeting moments olfactory joy, but probably won't buy another bottle after this one is gone. Not hard to see why this one was discontinued.

Right okay then...Juicy couture... what a gaudy, utterly horrible brand it is. I remember a few years back girls walking around with those awful sweatpants on with the logo across the bum...although maybe that says more about me than it does them?
Anyway...I'd heard good things about this fragrance mainly on here and thought I'd give it a try. Blind bought Dirty English as it was going cheap and I must say it's not that bad.
Kinda reminds me of the sweet 'Dr Peppery' vibes coming from Dunhill Custom shame is it has similar longevity issues. Dirty English opens with mandarin it has a tobacco, vanilla and cardamom vibe with smokiness and above all leather.
The dense woody base to this fragrance is remarkably deep and I expected great longevity but it fell short in my opinion...not too bad though.
The first hour or so of this fragrance is the best but there's just something inherently cheap about it which means it will never excite me.
I'll have to wear it more to form a better opinion but I don't get oud from it really, not what I consider to be an Oud accord anyway.
Dirty by name, Dirty by nature and a pleasant surprise of a fragrance.

@ asher.jessie

I wanted to offer a conflicting opinion. to anyone who reads the post comparing this to fille en aiguilles...arguably my most valued fragrance of all time, do not be swayed. I had to buy it after reading the comparison. It is nothing alike. THe smell reminds me of my grandparents musty, stale, old car. No oud, no lovely notes shown in the pyramid.

Avoid: no matter how cheap you find it.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Unfortunately, I don't have time to do a side-by-side with Gucci Pour Homme or Zirh Ikon today, but suffice it to say that GPH is stronger and smokier, and ZI is spicier, with clove and pepper. I appreciate that comes in an unusual 15 mL spray size, but it's weaker and less interesting than the competition. That, coupled with its dark-colored juice and the warnings that it can stain clothes, all means that it just doesn't merit a slot in my rotation. I'm also not too thrilled with the modern "gangster"-style gothic lettering and ugly ornate metal chain-mail filigree on the bottle, though I realize they've done this to be consistent with their brand's overall look.

Otherwise, it's a perfectly adequate ambery, incensey wood fragrance. It has a touch of that dull-as-dirt airy, supersweet synthetic wood note that a lot of current designer colognes have, but not nearly as much as the others do. The big problem for me is that it's more heady or "perfumey" than comparable designer brands, and this would get even more tiresome if the scent were any stronger overall; fortunately it's not over-the-top. Still, it's kind of a pity that I've noticed so many things about this cologne other than its smell.

dubairob
dubairob

How often do you go to rock concerts?

That has to be one of the questions on your mind if you are considering this fragrance. Of course, it may not be exclusively a rock concert type fragrance, but to me that seems to be the perfect setting. It is boozy in a bourbon sort of way, it is smokey in a Marlboro Man sort of way, and it is leather in a rough masculine leather jacket sort of way. But it is still very appealing, with the oud here giving a still classy vibe and the mandarin orange underscoring that nicely. I can feel the Gucci Pour Homme similarity as well, but GPH is an altogether different sort of fragrance, pitched for classier surroundings.

Dirty English is a fragrance that can be worn perfectly with jeans, a white tee, smart leather jacket, and sharp boots. For all the 'English' in the title, it seems to me to be a very American rock type of fragrance and smells perfect for a 'roadhouse rock diner'....and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just don't expect to be able to wear it for work the next morning - you'll smell just like you should have a hangover!

My only drawback with Dirty English for what it is - its longevity is a bit on the weak side. If you want to wear it for the night, you definitely have to spray a significant amount and probably risk spraying on your clothes (though the manufacturers warn against against this).

Highly recommended try - and the bottle design deserves a review in itself.

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Had a 30ml bottle as a Xmas present from a friend, and Gladly got rid of it for 8 pounds on Ebay the week after.
It reminds me of Shoe polish, yuck!

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

I can't say that I love this fragrance, but I do really like it. I have found that, with me, the more I wear it, the more I like it. To my nose you do get lots of mandarin orange, cypress with the Oud and leather that seems to mix nicely. It does remind me a little of Gucci pour homme, only rougher edged, and Gucci pour homme does last longer and is more sophisticated.

After an hour maybe two, you start to get that sandalwood which starts to turn the fragrance a little creamer. I picture a guy with his leather jacket and riding his Harley through a mandarin and cypress plantation, whist the plantation owner is smoking a cigar.

The name "Dirty English" is a very fitting name for this fragrance.

Very masculine scent, and that bottle could kill someone.
7.5 out of 10.

sil.sirbu
sil.sirbu

I can't say that I fell in love with this guy, but it gets the job done. Worth a try. For those of you who like very masculine fragrances, don't look any further than this.

EDIT: The bottle is beautiful, with lots of details. And a nice cap. I like it.

thomas261989
thomas261989

A subtle, warm, cozy scent with medium sillage. It feels like a soft blanket for a fall/winter night. It lasts for about 8hours on my skin, so sometimes I spray a bit on my wrist before going to bed and it would linger in the air when I wake up the next morning.
It's probably better to use on a formal dinner date than a clubbing/all-night-out night. It exudes a gentlemanly kind of scent that would be drowned out by the booze and the music.
A plus point is the bottle, it looks sexy and expensive, something that people should consider before buying a cologne as a gift.

NoiBoi
NoiBoi

Spicy, woody, masculine. This is what a man should smell like. Ideal for any casual situation. If you can find it, don't pass it up. Can be had for around $25.

Kaze
Kaze

THE WILD ONE (1953)

''Mildred: Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?

Johnny: Whadda you got?''

Dirty English by Juicy Couture is a very fitting essence for the colder months. Think Leather, Tobacco, Whiskey, Woods and Spice. A very magnetic, masculine and sexy aroma for the Ideal bad boy, biker and/or musician type. But really, anyone can wear this dirty scent (As long as your personality matches it.)

Dirty English opens up with a smokey, wood, and citrus tinge which later transitions into a very woodsy and spiced aroma., The whiskey vibe (cognac) a long with the tobacco note creates the smokey and boozy elements which makes this fragrance, dare should I say it? Badass. It reminds me a bit of Michael For Men by Michael Kors. The leather comes off very refined and polished. Very much like a brand new leather jacket.

Very warm and inviting. Slightly fresh (due to the citrus in it's opening which gives it a dirty fresh vibe), woodsy and leathery.

Reminiscent of GPHI Indeed but not an alternative.

I get 5-6 hours. Silage is moderate.

Want it to last long? Add extra sprays to your pulse points 60 seconds after the first sprays. Works for me.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I ordered Dirty English by Juicy Couture last week, and I got it in the mail yesterday. Wow!! I am wearing it to work this morning and I love the way I smell. The oud, leather and sandalwood make the perfect combination. I also smell a sweetness which must be the mandarin orange. The bottle is beautiful as well. This will be one of my favorites from now on.

sranjit
sranjit

Wow! it's among my best blind buys so far. An amazing combination of oud and musk. it stays for almost 10 hours on my skin and can smell traces even later. i feel great to have it in my collection given that the company has apparently discontinued it. if it has really done so, then they should not because i don't know of much of the perfumes launched in '00s that can actually take u back to the reckless 70s :-)

Brandon_4078
Brandon_4078

I bought a sample of this then had to get it!

Dirty English is a clean, woody, leathery fragrance. It reminds me of working in my wood shop (if I had been wearing a leather jacket) with the smell of fresh cut wood and saw dust. Imagine walking into the wood shop in highschool wearing a leather jacket, that is pretty much this fragrence. I do not get the orange or bergamot at all. This thing is just straight up leather and wood.

It doesn't really change much at all, but is a wonderful smell none the less. It performs averagely. It's not a classy woody scent like Lalique Encre Noire, but it is not dirty. Call it a younger man's woody fragrance.

I love it and it's cheap too!

Fwee!
Fwee!

Musky oud bomb, like something left over from the 70s.

If you're still rockin' the leisure suit, you should feel right at home with this stuff. If you're too young to remember when this was the smell of every drugstore aftershave, and you want to try something with that vintage, hairy-chested machismo, I guess you might like it.

Everyone else, I suggest you steer clear.

mean streak
mean streak

Its the perfect biker cologne!! Have had many compliments with this one!!

tomerits
tomerits

Imho, this is the closest smell to gucci pour homme but, like others have mentioned, gph last longer and projects better. Still this one is a good replacment and on my skin it lasts for 6-7 hrs, i just spray it more then i'm spraying gph. A very nice fragrance that also, sadly, discontinued.
My rank for dirty english 4.5/5.

thief of hearts

Again I strongly suggest the shower gel in the black pouch. Amazing smell!

muffe
muffe

I can just simply say there are other fragrances that I would wear instead of this one so I won't be buying it. I don't like it.

AZ
AZ

It is really nice pefurme. It is muscline and classic man perfume vibe to it. Love the sandal wood with leather and abit of oud. There is smell of Mandarine in the opening. I highly recomend it.

Also this perfume I believe is discounted, so if you love the smell and found it dont not heistate to buy it.

lovetribe
lovetribe

inesistent sillage and longevity.......fantastic scent.
very masculine.

drsbadri
drsbadri

This is really an other wonderful perfume. The name deserves it. Its really good i got lots of compliments of it.This is really like rum,i keep like smelling again and again.I love it so much

kinetisphere
kinetisphere

** i have been waiting a long time to be able to wear this.. it's finally cool enough.

so lets get to it. the name matches the fragrance it is a dirty naughty powerful manly scent. this is not for your average man that is into the more modern fragrances. this is something more eclectic and as the name says it is dirty.

it starts out as a flash of multiple scents bursting into play all at once. a little confusing for the first few minutes and after awhile it turns into a scent reminiscent of an era when men used to work really hard with their hands and do manly things. it reminds me of a more sophisticated version of old spice.

the leather and a citrus sandalwood blend is in the forefront and takes control of your senses and carries you into the forest. someplace along this journey you notice a distinct sharpness that is in the distance. i believe that to be the oud portion. it is very light hearted and you get hints of it here and there but it is not very prevalent. it is the backup singer/bass player in this rock band. the perfume it self does not last very long and after about an hour it shifts into a softer citrus with a faint woody portion that lingers. i would say after the two hour mark it has hit it's peak and just stays as a soft musky juice with a little citrus. like i said it does not last long but it is a great fragrance for someone who may want a more up to date version of old spice. or likes burberry london but doesn't want to smell like everyone else. it is along those lines of fall and winter fragrances. the sillage and longevity to me are fairly poor. i get a maximum of
4-6 hours tops with 5 spray as for the smell it is very nice if you are into deeper rich fragrances you might like this.

it is discontinued so you can't really find it in your average fragrance store. unfortunately and sad.

my rating for this is a 6 out of 10 it would be higher if the longevity and sillage where better.

sultaria
sultaria

Wow, I like this better than Juicy Couture's women's scents. This is a great fragrance for when you are not in the mood to be wearing something sweet and fruity. I love the wood notes in this and the hint of spice I get. This is a great men's scent but I believe that women can definitely pull this off as well, assuming they don't drench themselves in it. This is a soft serene fragrance. I am wearing it right now and love it. It is one of those scents that I cannot imagine ever being offensive to anybody. It also has a rather soapy fresh skin quality to it.

tinkmoi
tinkmoi

I enjoy a few men's perfumes.. I got this as a sample and I like it .. it does smell a bit 'underarm' briefly but blends well with other notes and suits me..

merezvan
merezvan

it means that you have a bottle of water i shame why i pay money for this i dont know what is the purpose of juicy counter to make it.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

I needed and I got it. I am a fan of Juicy Couture as you can see! In the beginning, none of my friends found it good, but I gave it a second chance. It's really good for fall and winter when you spray it softly and not too close to your skin. It's my tip for it. I would say it's a woody one but with 'sweet incense' notes. A familiar but not so familiar smell that every man will love. 9/10 for it and for ages 18-45 max. Bring out your 'dirty character' by being an angel at the same time...

Filetoui
Filetoui

I blind bought this based on ingredients and some reviews. This one has many faces and the dry down is an encore! From the color I expected something different given it looks like a cognac but it opens with orange and oud and then morphs into oak moss and other woodsy middles. I find myself sniffing my wrist to see where it's at throughout the day. The best by far is the smooth, light but sexy dry. This is where it's at it's best.

I'd apply it an hour before getting close with someone.

LSClayton
LSClayton

Despite having a list of notes that I usually dislike, it all comes together really, really well. I only tried it because I love Juicy Couture - And then found myself buying a bottle for my partner.
Definitely recommend giving this one a try, even if it doesn't correspond to your usual tastes.

Brain-in-a-vat
Brain-in-a-vat

I bought this as its as near I have yet found to Gucci pour Homme 1.

It's 70% the way there, but clearly rougher-edged and doesn't last long on my skin at all, regrettably. Great peppery smell, though. Funky bottle with jangly top.

Further note: lasts longer in colder weather. Got at least 3 hours this afternoon

storm.suhoney

i used it a ton when i first got it...then i let it be for about 5 months and when i came back to it the strong smell was almost gone...sucks it seemed to die so fast

RobbieX

Gorgeous warm complex juice in a nice heavy glass bottle and weighty top adorned with charms. Dirty English opens boozy like dark rum with a floral/spicy smell that is lovely. Then it evolves to warm, rich mellow spices and incense with woods and a leather/soapy background. The whole presentation is very good. The juice has bags of character, very masculine, extremely likeable and is good stuff. I just wish it was a bit more potent and longer lasting but nevertheless, this is a gem that you want to go back to again and again.

andgac16
andgac16

It started off pleasant enough. Bit sweet, bit spicy and woody. However, after few hours it turned into something else. I am not exactly sure which note or accord it is but it smelled exactly like I remember my grandfather smelled. That's not a bad thing in itself, but because of that association, it smells too mature and dated to wear myself.

Longevity is good, I washed my hands couple times since applying 1 spray to my hand. I even scrubbed it a bit because I wasn't digging it but there is still a faint smell after over 6 hours. Projection and sillage is moderate.

It's a pass for me but I can definitely see someone older liking and using this. Even though it has been discontinued, it's still easy to find for quite good price which is a plus if you like the scent.

kanak
kanak

wonderful perfume. I have a vintage bottle of Gucci PH and i smelled them both side by side and they have only passing similarities. Gucci is darker, stronger, and has much better sillage and longevity. Dont be scared by the name, Dirty English is more Prep schoolboy than Soccer Hooligan and is not very dirty at all, in fact it is quite mild and turns into a skin scent quite fast though it stays on your body a good length of time. The oud in this is quite mild and the mandarin orange and bergamot make this very pleasant. I think this would make a perfect fragrance for an intimate evening or even office for that matter because of the restrained projection. the overall smell is 8/10 in my book. would have been a 10/10 if it had a bit more oomph!

P.S be prepared for a few extra sprays than usual to get any mileage out of this baby.

kambelz
kambelz

Very very nice. Was not expecting this from Juicy Couture. Definitely a very masculine fragrance. The top kind of reminds me of spiced orange tea with cypress. The peppery leathery vibe comes out in the mid and I detect the very heavy woods in the dry down. Very soft and subtle, but very sexy and nice. Great bang for the buck.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Quite masculine, with an extremely impressive and solid bottle design. This stuff came and went way too fast, I wish they'd rerelease it and fix the longevity and sillage issues.
If you like this, check out the similar but slightly less manly Gucci pour Homme (sadly also discontinued).

uolzoley
uolzoley

I'm a woman and I find the smell mega sexy for themselves, there is something that reminds of all the moments of passion in your life. It's the smell of the male in an expensive suit, and only you and he know about the relationship that connects you ....
P.S. provided that it will open correctly: expensive skin framed by the other ingredient.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Oud fragrance, with a strong leather background. The wood is a bit more down. I like oud, but like some people said already (in other fragrance comments), it's neither particularly masculine nor femenine. It's just oud.

Very good one if you like oud, and also it's not the super strong dirty smell it is claimed to be, it's just cool. It definitely has a Londoner from the ends or a Fulham vibe to it. So if you are English, it's a yes.

Terry Tibbs would wear it.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Finally got my bottle in, after two weeks of waiting...nabbed a 1.7oz for $20 with free shipping.

At first spray, this instantly jars my memory to Fille en Aiguilles, by Serge Lutens. They're not exactly the same, but there's some clear similarity going on there.

For me, this opens with a smoky burst of cypress, cedar, and mandarin, which is very cool, crisp, and piney. Once it settles a bit, I get some oak moss and leather...but I'm not quite detecting this heavy oud that everyone else is smelling.

Either way, this isn't a fragrance for picking out notes. It's better to be appreciated as an ensemble, par the collaborative efforts of each note to form one crisp, uniform display of stereotypical masculinity.

It's definitely better than Gucci pour homme, but not as good as Fille en Aiguilles.

It definitely captures the foresty, piney, smoky incense feel of FeA, but it also brings to mind a rich, heavy cedary tang, distinguishing it from Serge's cologne.

Very nice light, everyday cologne for a man who doesn't really want to take any risks. It's most definitely sexy and most definitely strong enough to make an impression. But it wont turn a room into a gas chamber, so this is a very safe bet to garner some charm. 7/10.

@Nebel,

The only similarity to this and Gucci Pour Homme I, is the Cedar note, they are totally different scents.

If you can find a tester of Halston Man Amber, use that, it smells much closer to Dirty English, and you will see the similarites and differences with Gucci Pour Homme I.

The only similarty is the Cedar note, I worded my review below poorly and I will edit this right now

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Thank you DaddysLittleHelper. I am pretty confused when I compare what I smell to those others had reported, of many perfumes.. I asked my self quite often, if there might be different formulas on the market. Not only of those perfumes known to be reformulated, but others as well.
I doubt it is always only because of the skin chemistry that some smelled completely other notes than I do.
So if you found some Dirty English with different content you are just confirming my thoughts.

I´ve read here that DE was discontinued. But I still can find it, at pretty low prices? Confuses me as well..
Has it really been discontinued or is it just not avaible in every country?
For example Rochas perfumes have not been available for quite a while in shops here and I was told that they had no distributor for Germany. Now it´s in the shops again.

As this one is often compared to my beloved Gucci pour homme I am really curious about it and will blind buy it. For 19€ per 50ml can´t be a big mistake, and if I do like it and it is similar to Gucci, I will have a substitute for less than half of the (original) price of GPH (but with less perfection I expect)

I will edit and report, when I finally ordered it.

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

I bought it blind buy according to the some notes that I like. the bottle is heavy and beautiful. the scent is alright very woody and leathery but I can't believe it, the longevity is sucks, 2 hours and its gone. the sillage is also not that much. very disappointed.
scent:7
longevity:5
sillage:5
All:6

peferrarine
peferrarine

In my opinion, there's nothing dirty about it. It doesn't remind me of 'bad guys'. Just remind me of guys. It's very masculine and strong, but it's not an innovative fragrance. It's a heavy woody leather scent in my skin, projection and longevity are medium. It's an everyday perfume for colder days. Nothing special about it.

DaddysLittleHelper

There seem to be two formulations of this one, I sprayed what would be the more recent on the back of my hand to test longevity, and it is poor.

Examining the boxes, the one I did not try had actual Oakmoss in it, the one I did try did not list that ingredient.

As for smell, this is EXCELLENT it is actually near identical to Halston Man Amber, but the Dirty English (the one without Oakmoss) is a lot lighter, and the Cedar takes more of a backseat than the Halston.

The Halston reminded me a little of Gucci Pour Homme I initially as well, so I could see where people are coming from, but I put the Gucci on one hand, and the Halston on the other, and the Gucci just killed it in terms of projection and longevity, and they are 2 different scents, its the Cedar smell that reminds people of Gucci I.

EDIT: THE ONLY thnig similar between Gucci Pour Homme I, and Halston Ambre Man/Dirty English, is the Cedar note, those notes are all identical, but the overall composition/fragrance are totally differentt han Gucci Pour Homme I and should not be compared.

I was tempted to buy the kind with Oakmoss, but I wanted to wear this one to test longevity before buying, based on this I would much perfer the Halston Man Amber to this, better fragrance, better projection and longevity.

The bottle with Oakmoss was still sealed in a wrap and for $25 I might have to go back and snag it in hopes that it has better longevity than BOTH Halston, and the Dirty English that I tried, because I LOVE these 2 smells and I want it to stick all day, Halston lasts about 4 hours only.

Cire
Cire

Those saying this devil doesn't last long on them must have gotten the wrong stuff. This scent is dirty, rough and ragged! This is for the man in heavy work, torn overalls, dirty oil stains and unshaved beard yet irresistible. It is that good and I'm game for it.

Lasting power is marvelous!!, projects all day though one has to be careful when applying, I apply 3-5 bursts at 5 minute intervals.

Longevity 10/10
Sillage 9/10
Scent 9/10

jérémie.simonet
jérémie.simonet

Its very masculine but its so strong it disturbs me too much.

brendancollins1238
brendancollins1238

whoever said this smells like Gucci pour homme has obviously never smelled it before im surprised so many said that. other than that its ok very subtle and poor longevity rate 3/5

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

this was one of my first purchases when i started collecting frags,and thought it was ok back then, because it was so different.
but now i have too many quality frags to even think about wearing this putrid dark brown liquid,,just cant bring myself to ever wear this again,which is a shame as the bottle looks great..
but i will add that my wife actually liked it,,typical..

db32
db32

very distinctive very masculine not one of these unisex citrus based none events of fragrance what seem to be so popular, this stuff makes you stand out from the crowd awesome!!

Amr.Sabry
Amr.Sabry

I just like this cologne. Masculine thats for sure ( which i like and was searching for) , the Oud smell is moderate and not so heavy which is great , coz when oud is heavy it can make me dizzy , Longevity is fine around 5 - 7 hours on my skin .. silage is weak somehow , i believe only me can smell it or when hugging someone :D
but overall its a good cologne with great good smell

rithacha
rithacha

I'm a woman, and I enjoy this scent immensely. Yes Dirty English is on the more butch side of the masculines counter, but nothing a woman can't wear comfortably. It smells amazing on its own, or layered under other fragrances for a deeper dimension of oomph. I like to layer it with musky florals or fruity chypres for some woody-oudy-complexity.

On my skin, Dirty English is all about sanitized oud that interacts with a sweaty-woods accord. It's woody and pleasant, yet quietly suggests salty skin and body heat. I'm surprised not to see pipe tobacco listed as a note, but pipe tobacco is the impression I get from the smoky oud and scratchy citrus-cypress.

Although the notes and accords seem like they'd be heavy-hitters, Dirty English is rendered cheerfully, with bright colors and a high-pitched voice. The woods are sanitized and the citrus is friendly. Brooding, mature, and "dirty" it is not. Dirty English is perfectly appropriate for men of all ages (20+) and daytime (with a lighter hand). Actually, it's a really versatile fragrance that transitions day to night easily.

Lasting power and longevity are spotty, and the ingredients smell a little too high-pitched and sanitized to be quality. But at its price point and great-smelling composition, it's definitely worth having in your collection.

ThePerfumeGuy
ThePerfumeGuy

I feel that a lot of the reviews on here have overemphasised the dirtiness and the manliness of this fragrance.

Yes, it is manly but not overly so. I don't think this fragrance is too in your face or manly, it is definitely dark but the sweetness from the orange and the sandalwood is always there.

I don't think this fragrance dries down too noticeably, what you get when you first spray it on is what you get during it's life really.

Overall what I think you get is a woody, slightly sweet and slightly leathery scent. It's pretty inoffensive and could be worn during the day or even at night (although the sillage isn't that great).

I definitely recommend this fragrance, as a fan of typically sweet fragrances this really makes a change for me. It goes against the grain of typical 'current' fragrances like Joop Home and Le Male because it isn't overly sweet.

I feel like it's a typical, more traditional, mens cologne given a bit of a current twist with the orange note.

As I said, sillage isn't great but longevity isn't that bad and for the price you can get it for now, it's definitely worth a purchase!

amir68
amir68

I like the scent, the bottle and ofcurse the cool namn of the scent (dirty english)..:).
Perfect scent for day office in winter/ cold weather. I just love it.

browne54
browne54

So angry this was discontinued. But if you can snag a bottle, do it. Even if you dislike the scent, store it in a cool, dark place, unopened, and it five years you will be able to quadruple your money on ebay. But if you do not like this scent thats fine, it is on the dirtier side of men's fragrances. However I don't find this to be "Dirty". I get a citrus booze note followed by leather and an oud smell. Divine to my nose, and smells along the lines of how a man should smell. Splash on another blast of Aqua di Gio haters! J/K but not very good projection. Excellent longevity, at least on my skin. But a gem none the less. This fragrance was inspired by perspiration collected from Harrison Ford while filming Raiders of the Lost Ark, they just did not know what to call it yet.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

When an SA had me smell this, I said: "This sort of reminds me of an alcoholic drink..." The look she gave me was priceless. It was the "What the heck are you saying?" kind of look. LOL! Then she said: "Well, it has vanilla in it (Vanilla?)". I bought a different fragrance.

Wonderful smell explosion Alawood

But not strong and this is the problem

Donta3470
Donta3470

This is a cologne that stands out. It is truly appealing and agrees with the gentleman thats a little rough around the edges. It has a lasting, undescribably nice musk scent over all to me. I really like it!

Housebliss
Housebliss

This really is the dirtiest fragrance I've ever smelled (pun intended lolz?).

Opens up with a manure like smell, and starts to get a little sweeter after about 5 minutes.

I really like the bottle. I really don't like the smell. This literally smells like shit.

manure n. Material, especially barnyard or stable dung, often with discarded animal bedding, used to fertilize soil.

Damn straight!

Just my personal opinion of course.

storm.suhoney

seem to not last at all (time wise) bought it and it was super strong then just a few months later i brought it out and smell was almost gone...weird...

kateapple
kateapple

Female review: This is my favorite cologne of all time. I actually own a bottle of it, so I can smell it whenever I want. This is manly, sexy, and a little bit sweet. It lasts quite awhile too, especially on clothes. Any guy who wears this gets an A+ in my book.

Steven409
Steven409

I had this cologne whenever it first came out and it was absolutely AMAZING! It did remind me slightly of Tommy Bahama, which is what I switched to whenever this became incredibly hard to find...I liked Dirty English better as Tommy Bahama was just missing a "certain something" that I could never quite figure out what it was.

I recently found this all but forgotten fragrance while reluctantly shopping at TJ Maxx and immediately bought it. The moment I opened the box and smelled it, my eyes widened and I was taken aback with many great memories triggered by the smell.

I have since found online retailers that are offering it at extremely low prices but, for the price it launched at, it was always one of the best fragrances for the price and easily beat out others that were twice as much.

I'm stocked up and ready to go for awhile on this stuff now, and I couldn't be happier! The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it doesn't last very long and can only be smelled up close after about 3-4hrs. People say that it smells like Gucci Pour Homme and that the Gucci is a better buy due to its longevity, but I just don't smell the resemblance at all. Tommy Bahama or, maybe, Herrera for men would be the closest match but they both still pale in comparison.

miguellrr
miguellrr

Very nice and one of my personal favorites!! very woodsy and dark, dirty like the name. Lasts forever on my skin, and as it tones down from the initial application, it turns into something bold and rogue. It has a bad-boy feel to it but its very sexy too!!

fire_fist
fire_fist

I've just blind bought this scent, and I couldnt be happier. To anyone considering trying this scent, please DO NOT judge based only on the opening, it does not do this scent justice. It opens up really strong, slightly sweet and smoky but the oud packs a punch and dominates most of the other notes.

The drydown really softens up, much more smooth and balanced, but it doesnt get any less manly. You start getting the woods and the leather, perfectly balanced to the sweeter notes.As others have mentioned, it may last a fair bit, but the sillage is weak, it stays very close to the skin, however its got a warm and sensual vibe, making it ideal for the colder seasons, and it definitely stands out from the typical mans fragrances that are out today.

asheble93
asheble93

Back Story:
I Had mixed feelings about this, after putting it aside and trying some other designer house fragrances, nothing really stood out. I came back to Dirty English and my opinion quickly changed in its favor.

Scent:
Opens with a lot of wood, then dries down to a smoother, richer smell. It is not quite sharp nor pungent, but rather somewhere happily in between. (Perhaps the mandarin/cardamon combination?)
7.5/10

Sillage/Longevity:
On clothes it lasts a day or so. On skin, only few hours. The end however does not sit so close to the skin, but maintains an almost muted level of the opening after those first hours.
7.8/10

Overall:
One of the most masculine scents I have ever had the pleasure to encounter. It is a dominating scent, which to someone who can appreciate it, commands attention and magnetism.
7.8/10

tomerai
tomerai

I sniffed this on my skin and all of a sudden I was taken back to when I was a kid and how my dad smelled like fresh after a shower and a shave (with his shaved face looking a bit leathery). It was what I thought a "man" smelled like back then and I always wondered how I can smell like my dad. Like a man. After smelling this on myself I thought to myself that I smell like my dad did back then and now I wonder... am I "man" enough to wear it.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

A real badass! Masculine, sexy, I really dont know how to describe this one. It's simply a great masculine fragrance and its a shame it got discontinued. Logetivy was a real surprice for me, 6 to 8 hrs. Sillage was kind of weak, 30 min projecting great, then becomes a close to skin fragrance. If you are looking for a strong, solid, woody, leathery, manly fragrance, Dirty English for Men is a MUST try. The bottle is pure awesome.
4 out of 5.

MaddieClfd

Nice fragrance, which I can never enjoy on my man as it has zero sillage on him and disappears in no time :(
(very dry skin)
Gorgeous bottle, can be bought at a reasonable price.

xabaras
xabaras

Oh dear.. it is amazing, sexy, warm, delicious, irresistible. It starts woody, smokey and makes me think of fragrant tobacco. Then it calms down to a fascinating aromatic fragrance full of spices, I detect cardamom and cypress, (I love cypress!).
I can lose myself in this one... It also makes me think of a wonderful fragrance which was out in the Eighties called "Les Copains pour homme". I love it. I just have a sample right now but I will certainly get a full bottle. I am a girl, but I think I will use this one on special occasions, it is fantastic! Can't stop sniffing my wrist! :P

east17
east17

What else can I say?

This stuff is the TRUTH.

Nothing else in my collection exudes "alpha male" like this stuff does for me. Quickly becoming a work favorite. Moderation is key...but Dirty English gives me that feeling I was looking for when I started collecting...the aromatic equivalent of "I'm unstoppable"

Bbjr
Bbjr

Hey, someone spilled their drink on me! Or someone poured their drink in the bottle. You get what you pay for on this one.

crazykoffee
crazykoffee

This is ONE sleeper of a gem, as very few people have heard of it. I love this shit! Unfortunately, the folks at Juicy Couture have decided to discontinue it and it's already hard to find! Argghh! On a tip from a cousin living in the UK, I picked up a tiny 50 ml bottle at Winners in Toronto. Being in a rush, I didn't have time to take a whiff and went straight home, whereupon returning, I put it on my dresser and forgot about until the next morning. Showered and clean the next morning, I boldly sprayed this on my chest and under the neck. Man! It was something else. I hadn't smelled anything like it before. I went to the mall and the compliments came in multiples from storekeepers and total strangers. Sadly, this masterpiece does not project very well at ALL and is best worn for intimate or special "one-on-one" situations. Even though single at the time, I determined early enough that this juice was going to be the bomb with women who smell it. It turns out I was right. This is one pheromone inducing, panty-remover. Recently, while waiting in line at a local Starbucks, one very attractive and elegantly dressed woman standing behind me, tapped me on my shoulder and asked me politely what it was. The playful ME: "English Leather Musk!" WOMAN: "REALLY??? NO wayyyy! May I smell you up close?" ME: "Sure! Knock yourself out!" She almost nuzzled my neck and took two long, dreamy, wistful sniffs. I was expecting her to drool at any moment. There's something cute and amusing about a woman who has just lost ALL equilibrium, is weak-kneed and who has just been smitten and transfixed by a particular smell like a deer caught in the proverbial headlights. I got my cappuccino and gave her a smug look and left without another word. This scenario has played out several times in elevators, bars and and cafes. I can't relate to all the fancy notes and hints as outlined above. To someone uninitiated like myself, it smells like fermented ice tea or rum punch with oranges, with an obvious sweetness; not unlike maple syrup. It finishes with leather, almonds and fresh cut cedar shavings. Very aromatic (and erotic) but ridiculously short-lived. If I'm wearing it that day, I re-apply lightly at noon. The compliments just keep rolling in. If anyone knows where I can replenish my stock at a reasonable price, please give me a shout! I never want to run out of this stuff!

JohnMc

Love a bit of down and dirty testosterone in a bottle? So do I. My fragrance canon is a varied and deep thing to behold - like many folks here, but every so often I just want to wear something that gets me in touch with my inner alpha male, this fragrance does just that. A lot of the time it sits in my drawer whilst I wear something less bold, less definitive etc. Don't worry, it's not lonely, it has M7 and Kouros for company - similarly bold and downright sexy scents. Gorgeous, despite the nouve riche connotations that the fashion brand has in the UK!

dasa
dasa

I just got it as a present, and based on reviews read here, I expected a juice similar to GPH. And indeed it does remind of it a lot. But only in the beginning, since Gucci lasts way more, projects better and smells more sophisticated as it dries down. After two or three hours it settles too close to the skin - so close I find it dissappointing. Here (in Serbia) it is very difficult to find it, since no distributor imports Juicy Couture scents, so it is pretty pricey when you come across it on the internet. I reckon it is way cheaper in the US, so I guess it is well worth the money. Again, this is a great scent composition wise, but if the quality of the raw materials used were better it would be whole other story. If anything, bottle is gorgeus, along with the cap.

PivoineRouge
PivoineRouge

I bought this for a guy and I have to admit, it apparently attracts girls to him like flies to cream. Good god. I suppose the guy needs to have a certain "look" and a body chemistry to wear this; a young man in his twenties, with dark hair, and tall. It doesn't require the wearer to be a "bad boy", but I think it does require the wearer to have dark looks.

The actual fragrance (on me) smells woody and spicy with a hint of leather; the wood hits you first, then the spice, so it can smell clean at times. It is most definitely not wearable by females, because it smells so masculine (it would be akin to a really girly girl wearing a man's suit). It doesn't go well with suits.

If you are a guy in your twenties, wear jeans most of the time, and are looking for a cologne that you can wear casually on a date, this is probably a good one to get. It just screams "I'm a young guy!". It has the youthfulness and the freshness of young men to us girls. It is strong, but the sillage is fairly modest, so don't get scared away!

moh3n nik1
moh3n nik1

از عطری که بوش تکراری باشه متنفرم
اما این بهترین جایگزین برای گوچی پور هوم
که دیسکانتینیو شده هست

shahab.zaidi

Bought second bottle of this. I really adore this . very daring fragrance, reminds me of tamples, battles, wariors of vintage. Only i have complaints about week projection and longevity. Scent itself is thundering but, it would be more daring if projection was strong.

Grottola
Grottola

Dirty English, to me, is a dry, woody fragrance that's sort of similar to Gucci Pour Homme but not as dry or smokey as that one. Basically, it has an ambery, boozy sort of effect that gives the wood a bit of sweetness and cuts the dryness. I don't get much oud, but the impression of oud is there. It lasts a while, projects well, and garners me a lot of compliments.

I wouldn't call this one of my favorites, but I remember receiving a bottle as a gift about two years ago and I still wear it on occasion. From what I've heard, it's been discontinued, which is a shame because it's a pretty damn well-made modern masculine in a sea of boring "sport" fragrances and woody-amber disasters. If you like this, get a bottle now while you still can.

Also, Seneca, that's a very touching story about your son and how he wore this - may he rest in peace. I'm sure that he's at total peace and comfort, and him leaving behind this smell was a way of him leaving a peace of himself with you, always :)

dromidreza
dromidreza

مستحب و بلکه واجب است که در کلکسیون عطر هر
بنی آدمی باشد

seneca
seneca

Sexy fragrance. Spicy bold and woody. I bought it for my son and he died a year and a half ago. Now when I smell it I cry and it reminds me so much of him.

He went through several bottles of this and always thanked me for turning him on to it. Even one of his girlfriends started wearing it and thanked me :))

I saved a shirt he wore that was unwashed at his death and it STILL smells like him and this fragrance.

He said the women swooned over him when he wore it !!!
:)) When I smell someone wearing this it makes me stop dead in my tracks and have a smile thinking of him.

carpdragosandrei
carpdragosandrei

Try Yatagan by Caron before buying this. A more refined, mature composition. Maybe you will change your mind. Very nice packaging though.

texmich
texmich

This is the scent that you must have in your collection since its so inexpensive! This will make your girl go crazy when shes getting close to you, you will get laid. To me it smells like leather, motor oil, and just dirty wood. You gonna have that tough mechanic vibe going on. So rub some car parts under the car and get that black stuff all over your hands, and spray some on and lets go get some action fellas!!

Foggy
Foggy

ok here it is in a nut shell this stuff stinks like no other cologne i have ever tried. There's not really much else to so about it.

Kain
Kain

This fragrance does have a little bit of everything that you can find in a woody spicy fragrance. but it's not bold in any of them.
It's more like a tuned down version of a strong and great woody spicy fragrance. don't get me wrong! it's a really good fragrance. specially for the price tag.
At the opening you can smell woods. there is some smokiness from leather, there are some spices in the background. you can smell some sweetness in it but every note playing a normal and common role in this fragrance. there is nothing really crazy about any of the notes but still it's really good.
People compare it to Gucci Pour Homme (GPH). it's in the GPH genre but it's something different at the same time!
The woodsy and spicy notes in GPH are much much stronger and better. comparing it to Potion is wrong too! because Potion does have much better quality and beautiful cinnamon note in it and also it's more sweeter than Dirty English. potion is a really well balanced fragrance. and finally comparing it to M7 is completely wrong! I can't find any similarities!
Dirty English is a really good fragrance for the price but if you have GPH and Potion you don't need to buy this because you already have two great fragrances!
Projection and longevity is weak for this guy.
يه عطر با بوي چوب و كمي دودي به خاطر وجود چرم كه البته يه جورايي تمام رايحه ها رو بصورت متعادل و معمولي داره و چيز خيلي خاصي در مورد اين عطر وجود نداره
اولش بوي نسبتا قوي چوب ميده كه وجود رايحه چرم كمي اونو تلخ و دودي ميكنه و مقداري هم رايحه هاي تند و ادويه اي و رايحه هاي شيرين اين تركيبُ همراهي ميكنن
دوستان اينو با گوچي پور اوم مقايسه ميكنن كه به نظر من زياد درست نيست چون گوچي رايحه هاي چوب و ادويه ايش خيلي خيلي قويتر و بهتره
بعضي ها هم با پوشن مقايسه ميكنن اينو كه بازم به نظر من درست نيست چون پوشن كيفيت ساخت خيلي بهتري داره و رايحه شيرين و بسيار طبيعي دارچين داره كه تو اين وجود نداره همينطور به نظرم بوش اصلا شبيه به ام7 نيست. به هيچ وجه
پخش بو و ماندگاري زياد خوبي نداره اما با توجه به قيمت مناسبش انتخاب خيلي خوبي هست
مخصوصا كه گوچي ديگه توليد نميشه و قيمتش تو بازار سر به فلك ميزنه و پوشن هم قيمتي حدود دو برابر اين داره
با اين احتساب گزينه خوبيه

Thanks a lot guys .specially Farno
....:D

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

If 56 people think Dirty English Smells like Gucci Pour Homme then it's very similar to Yves Saint Laurent M7 because M7 and Gucci Pour Homme are almost the same. In my opinion Gucci's version is the richer, smoother and more enjoyable of the two. This is not an invitation for the M7 lovers to hate, but I know you will anyway.

Update: 11/9/13 . . . You can't handle the truth!

farno
farno

To Shahab.zaidi I dont think you would find much similarities between the two. The oud in D.E. is barely noticeable. M7 is very sweet and has a cough syrup smell to it in the opening, and in half an hour it turns smokey. I like M7 very much but Dirty English is a lot easier to wear.

kida2010
kida2010

So unique, just when your surrounded by almost unisex generic lame ass celebrity and cheap designer flankers, Dirty English comes along and kicks you in the balls!
Its still not a total favourite by god what a smell, nothing remotely unisex about it totally masculine but in a great way too its smells bang upto date to me.
I get a strong leather, rum, cedar, and woods, Its super dry and perfect for autumn/winter.
I don't know why people are comparing it to Potion i personally thing it smells nothing like it, maybe cos its brown??
Its kinda similar to Gucci pour homme but that goes down the pepper and incencey type route.

Great cheap scent if it suits you.

bakadesh1
bakadesh1

Great scent, sillage on me today was pretty intense - smellable downstairs after upstairs application intense.

Lovely scent, sweet spiced rum in the woods.

shahab.zaidi

hey folks. Can some one tell me is it closer to M7 Yves saint laurent?.. I used dirty english and i love it..

chanchita
chanchita

I was searching for a scent for my husband with dominant leather (my fave) and cypress (my husbands fave) notes and arrived at Dirty English. I bought a small sample, not expecting much. It was cheap and seemd rather young or high-street to me... So when I got it I was very happy to find it is a quality frag. My husband's got great 'oily' skin, perfect for perfumes. On him Dirty English is deeply sexy, warm and alluring... very MANLY! I absolutly love it and it definetely is one of those scents that draw me in and seduces me. It's black leather all over, with initial fresh, uplifting hints of mandarin, drying down to musk/oud. Cypress and Cedar stand tall over it, mixing it's uplifing aromas with the leather et all without overpowering. A beautful mix for a strong man. If it wasn't for it's marketing (which I'm not a fan of) or rather cheap looking bottle, this could easily compete with Gucci, Chanel etc. A new favorite of both husband and I (worn by him only). Will definetely get a big bottle.

saguna
saguna

The price at cheapsmells is 24 £, not 11 £.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I got a bunch of samples today . Mixed male/female.

Dirty English is the 1st frag with "Oud" i have tested and im looking forward to testing more as this stuff smells fantiasic. Im getting a medicinal tang that I suppose is the Oud. i also smell woods , amber and a leather. Ive never smelt Gucci Pour Homme or the other frags listed in "smells like" , but there is something so familiar about this scent that i cannot put my finger on! I have definitley either smelt this out n about or it reminds me of a long forgotten scent memory.

Very manly , very sexy ...love it !

I notice at the bottom of this page , it is on for £11/100ml at cheapsmells . I will be buying a btle to keep for myself. Wearing it now and cant stop sniffing my wrist. Quality juice for the price and a good Xmas present for guys of any age.

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

I smell a blend of amber,(almost church)incense, cedar, and maybe leather, I also catch the whiskey reference. This does smell nice, unique and very masculine. Not at all what I would expect from a house like juicy couture . This would go perfectly with a leather motorcycle jacket and a black tshirt. Signature cologne for a rocker or biker lol.

andy

its very overlooked but on skin it smells great and if u have oily skin and retain scents well this is for you

this is one scent that I have good chemistry with, and the agarwood base really makes this a good scent to have in ones collection.

At the moment, this is my favorite work scent

camposg
camposg

This cologne smells like wood chips soaked in very strong rum. I had to pass on it. Couldnt't handle it. I'm baffled as to who were they marketing to?

j-shades
j-shades

The dry down on this reminds me of dolce & gabanna The One.. This cologne is very strong at first.. It hits you with some hard spices but then it warms up.. Very warm woody sent, and very good for winter... i would def. say this is more of a mature sent

Sighclone
Sighclone

I can't believe this has been discontinued after less than four years. It really does smell kinda dirty, and that must not have played in Peoria. What I smell most is the scent of an old baseball glove. But not the body of the glove. I smell the suede stitching that holds the fingers together - those very rough, unfinished pieces of suede that needed re-threading from time to time if your glove got old. The spicy accords surrounding the leather effect is irresistable.

When I wear this scent, I always wear a leather jacket with it, it seems obligatory. I don't think it can be pulled off with a suit and tie. A black leather jacket with a brand new cotton V-neck tee and blue or black jeans can make any man feel like he's the face behind this fragrance.

elvis944
elvis944

Great unique scent. Can't be beat for only 20 bucks at T.J. Maxx. Love the bottle too.

smellike
smellike

All I can say is great perfume, very masculine...and everyone notices it!

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Leather,fresh spicy,woody,that what I'm getting smells wonderful I think it's great for summer for me now at first didn't like itbut it's has grow on me. Can't go wrong buying this

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Oud? Where? This was a brilliant release for a mass market fragrance, but it falls short. It unfortunately gets uncuddly.

kenney77
kenney77

I had this in a small bottle absolutely AMAzing scent I love the opening notes love the bottle too very awesome scent highly recommended I hope they make a. New frag soon f or men they need another one

GetB
GetB

i just bought this one, and i think it just smells to much whiskey, its more like a scent for older men 40-50 so i gave it to my dad :)

vdog
vdog

This was one of my first blind-buys. Partially because of the great reviews on here, but mostly...because of the bottle. Gaudy as it is, this is what I imagine a men's cologne bottle should look like. A thick, ridiculously heavy chunk of glass, juice as dark amber as it gets and oh-look at that, even a lion's crest and a chain-link cap! MANLY!!

Then I smelled the juice. Oh man, this stuff just tickled my funny bone! I dont know what actual oud wood smells like, but synthetic or not, if the real thing smells anything like this, carve me out a full headboard made out of this sh*t!

A mostly dry blend of fragrant woods, uncured leather, sharp evergreens and citrus (not fresh or sweet citrus, more like the dried citrus-rinds). I also get some muted spicyness in the background, maybe the cardamom and carrot seed? Both the wood and leather notes in this have a distinct "raw" pungency to them that give the juice it's dirty animalic edge. Dont know why this one had the unfortunate (or fortunate) luck of ending up in the elephant graveyard of colognes(Marshalls, Ross, etc...) but if it was due to lack of sales, I would imagine it was due to it's one fault... longevity. On a good day, I get 5 or 6 hours from this, but sometimes, I dont detect it after a couple of hours.
Guess it's the perfect catch-22. It can probably be found for cheap because it lacks longevity. But if it had awesome longevity, I probably couldnt afford it, so...

Sharp, musky, dry, woodsy, spicy, dirty and 100% MAN.
Stock up, put on a leather jacket, Go out and ROCK THIS WOOD.

addict911
addict911

interesante fragancia, las notas de cuero y madera en ella me enchinan la piel. si, es cierto que guarda parecido con gucci mas la siento a esta aun mas vestible.increiblemente masculina, mi unica queja es la durabilidad.

fijador---- 3/5

percepción----4/5

fragancia-----5/5

JohnMc

I'd previously avoided this fragrance - viewing it as a trashy, mass market offering, aimed at youth and designed as a marketing gimmick - contrived rebellion in a bottle. However, I received a free 5ml sample bottle today, courtesy of a fellow member with whom I swapped fragrances with (he kindly threw in a free sample bottle of this stuff).

I have to say that upon spraying some on my arm, I experienced two overwhelming sensations, the first, one of familiarity - "what does that smell remind me of?" The second, was of how enticing and yes, dare I say it, animal-like, this fragrance is. In answer to the question of what it smells so similar to, I would have to say it reminds me of one of the Serge Luten offerings - 'Arabie' or 'Fumerie Turque' if memory serves me correctly - I do of course caveat my experiences with the idea that many of you might vehemently disagree - fair enough. Needless to say though, I will buy this little gem in future, once my sample bottle runs dry!

kristalbee
kristalbee

just had to get a sample of this after reading the reviews. Sprayed it on me (female) and on partner (male) = well...kept going back to it for a smell - first it smelled light and fresh -then heavy and cloying -nice top notes drying down to uninspiring cheap drug store pong. It smelled much stronger on my husband and I would not want him to wear this any place other than the bedroom - its cheap but there is this animalistic note that shouts 'who cares'-it smells 'dirty' but not the unwashed definition of that word . Its not romantic, dashing, heroic -its lustful, wanton, lady chatterleys lover sort of a fragrance. Intriguing fragrance that you can love and hate at the same time. Bedroom not boardroom cologne

word-doctor
word-doctor

INITIAL REVIEW: I do not understand this one. I do not pick up any actual notes. Woody/Spicy/Leather maybe. But what I mostly get is a very "hot" blast of chemical (ISO?). Longevity at 3-4 hours, not a lot of projection.

I generally find something positive to say about each frag I try, unless I just find it weak or disgusting. This one stumps me, because I don't find anything to like about it but I think it's me. When my 5ml nip is gone, I won't be sad. But I might try this again someday, because there's gotta be more to it than spicy chemicals?

EDIT: Never did figure this one out.
Sillage: 6/10

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

This is the kind of men's fragrance I like - spicy woods, slightly sweet, masculine (my favorite for men is London by Burberry). I hope this starts a new trend away from the citrus/ozone scents that dominate the men's market today. Love the cool bottle, too. I guess I like my English Dirty. ;-)

mj9999

Too woody for my taste...Well, my first woody scent...Neutral for me....Maybe im neutral so that I wont empty my bottle...this one is rare nowadays... :)

TheKristinMG
TheKristinMG

I got this for my boyfriend's birthday a few months ago. He has been wearing it ever since, and it smells delicious. haha I might be a alcoholic..or something..but it does smell like alcohol...like a little whiskey with a mix to musk. i love the scent. I get everyone has different body chemistry, his just work well with the clone.

I asked him, how he liked it, and he said he loves it. he even gave it a 9/10.

leecher88
leecher88

the bottle looks really amazing !!!

unfortunately i dont like the smell :(

It smells like cognac or whiskey something like that and combined with wood.

- its a mature scent
- the name dirty english fits well
- cheap
- not for me

I will not give any points cause i dont like it

VixMuffin
VixMuffin

Bought this for my husband and its sexy as!!!

skipster
skipster

If Gucci pour Homme is Dr. Jekyll, Dirty English is Mr. Hyde. He is one nasty fellow, with bad manners, and without the slightest urge to wash his armpits or change his underwear more often than absolutely necessary. If you find that attractive, Dirty English is for you. As far as I'm concerned, I'll stick to the final drops of my dearly beloved GpH and lament that this wonderful classic has been discontinued.

chicosuave
chicosuave

I Like this one a lot. Definitely a mature bad boy scent. The leather is very pronounced in it. well..for me at least. This one would probably do best for the fall and winter. don't see this being a big hit in the high heat of the summer time. If you're in the US, look in TJ maxx and Marshalls. got a 100ml for $20.

Love to everyone....

rprovenz
rprovenz

Pure Lady Killer.....

thief of hearts

This frag smells great. If i had a choice, id simply use the body shampoo that comes in a black pouch. That in a hot shower smells awesome!

spanto
spanto

One of my favorites. Im not sure if its just the fact that its the only men cologne made by Juicy Couture that I like it so much, but I really enjoy the spicy wood like smell of this cologne. I find the scent very masculine and good for an everyday scent. I got many compliments from women on this scent but I also heard from some women that they thought it smelled a bit too spicy. Great cologne nonetheless.

KiraldoTheGreat
KiraldoTheGreat

I don't know but my ex used to wear this and it drove me crazy. I found it to be an extremely sexy scent.

karthiktas
karthiktas

Real Dark Demon. Yes its strictly for mature men. This one smells dark & sexy. Girls will surely like it. The projection & Longevity is good. Many Compliments sure. I Love it. Give a try. I Give 9/10

shahab.zaidi

itsa sex bomb......very veryyyy sexy.girls go nuts.

axa5780
axa5780

This is just a straight up sexy, bada** scent.

instantjim

I posted on this some time ago an mentioned that is was fairly weak, perhaps my nose was not working properly at the time. It is not a super-strong fragrance, but it is by no means weak. It has a very rich smoky/woody/arid quality that makes it very appealing (probably due to iso e super being used ). I can still smell this 8 or so hours after applying, though I would suggest heavy application or. at least repeated application . It is discontinued, so I stocked up, at $17ish a 100ml bottle it was well worth it.

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

Totally agree with Mr. Spartan. This stuff is truly awesome. I LOVE leathers and ouds and this one is really exciting. Helps in keeping with my bad-assed tough broad image, at least in my own mind (I'm probably more like a delicate daisy, but I can dream!)

What is up with discontinuing something soooo uber cool?Probably to make more room for more god-awful sweet, fruity crap.

Is there a petition I can sign?

spartan
spartan

I am not going to discuss the notes in this review. Let me start off with this, I first tried this scent and thought nothing of it. My mistake, my HUGE mistake! Should have let it dry down and taken the time to really sample it. I found the small 1oz bottle the other day which was given to me as A gift in the back of A drawer, thought what the heck retry it with really no thought whatsoever. Five minutes later I could not believe what I was smelling!!! Guy's if you have been searching for the holly grail of scents let me tell you, you just found it. If you like to smell like A Man and not A little girl then this is for you, with all the unisex frag's on the market today this separates the MEN from the boys. Forget all the frags listed that smell similar to this, they DO NOT!!! I have them ALL, I know.

When you walk into wherever, you will be noticed. Apply heavy ,it will not over power, it's just right for projection not to close to the skin and will not kill everyone around you. Smells like A Bad ASS biker wearing leather drinking whiskey. MY signature scent.

Final note, I called Juicy Couture, this said Dirty English was discontinued three months ago. Stock up Men, I have.

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

I bought this for my boyfriend for christmas last year, and he and I both adore it. It seems to be a more 'youthful' version of the colognes that my father and grandfather wear (what can I say!? We marry our fathers!) And, to me, it smells quite comforting, which may be because it is a familiar scent. However, it also has a sharp yet soft, dirty, almost caramelly scent also, which reminds me of a busy city at 10pm to 1am. I find a sharp, almost cigarette like note, which I guess adds to the 'bad boy' appeal.

panda0410
panda0410

I absolutely love this. Is it a mens frag? Yes. Can women wear it? Hell yes! I bought this for hubby, but found myself with it on as often as him ;) I love the deep woody accords in this, the oud is right up there. Its synthetic, but still lovely, and well complimented by the soft leather accords which help soften that synthetic oud note to something gently mature. The cedar is well noted, I love cedar though so this is quite appealing to me and well balanced by the sandalwood - which it needed, both are heavy notes in this fragrance. The vetiver and musk give it a dirty smokey musky vibe that really lights my candle, I love musky woody perfumes and that dirty note is quite earthy and very appealing. Sillage is nice, longevity could have been better, would have loved an EDP. Gentle spices, dry, woody, earthy and fresh - theres a lot of interesting facets to the fragrance, many of the chosen combinations directly compete with each other, but overall a well balanced frag that I will continue to love and wear on both myself and my hubby :)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Let me tell you, bad boys out there, this fragrance is absolutely sexy and hot.
It lasts long and has great projection - when my babe comes back from work, I can still sense the lingering woody aroma on his skin; the juice is spicy, leathery, warm and extremely...arousing.
A perfect fragrance that mesmerizes me every time I smell it; I cannot help but think of a good looking man in his thirties, wearing silky suit, short spiky hair, designer glassess and has that cheeky smile and flirty looks, pretending to be a good boy to everyone in the party lounge whilst whispering indecent words to a young woman he's just met 5 minutes ago...
Well, what else shall I say?
Perhaps that Dirty English simply rocks the olfactive category.
It certainly gets my senses go absolutely mad.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

This is a really great fragrance. Its not so much dirty as it is distinctive. The oud does give it quite a bit of oomph.

Granted this isn't a very expensive juice, but still, I was quite surprised by its smoothness. The leather and oud and the woods are very well blended.

Also, I think if this had been an eau de parfum, it would have been dangerous! (they really should have went that route.)

This scent says all man. I doubt I will bother trying this out.

My partner instantly liked this, so I consider that to be quite the hit. Its only been a 3 hours but it still seems to be going quite strong on one spray.

A shame they discontinued, because it really does have great character, I wouldn't have even known it existed without this board!

***EDIT***
The scent pretty much putters out at about 3-4 hours which is such a shame! This really should have been made into a stronger EDP at the very least...

ritsjoey
ritsjoey

Another of those amazing smells that just don't last long enough! Would have been a total knock-out if it did...

Spicy, sexy, woody, fresh, and weirdly enough... dirty (owing to the agarwood).
It's designed for guys who live life on the rough side and whom the girls' parents will always ask to stay away from!

jgirgar
jgirgar

Found this by chance and it wasn't even on my 'wish list'. That's part of the fun of finding a fragrance and a deal, which I did while out shopping at the local discount store. Too bad it's discontinued! I really like this and it is a great masculine. I wore this on my chest after I showered and I could still smell it the following morning. Debating if I should go back and buy 2 or 3 more bottles while I can. I would recommend this fragrance and I think it smells wonderful...I can see the similarities referencing Gucci Pour Homme especially with the cedar note. To me the beginning is fabulous, must be the cardamom. Great blind buy. JG 041512

Edit: Believe it or not, there's something in this, perhaps the cedar note, that really sticks and stays, even after a shower so I would classify this as an EDT that behaves like an EDP. JG 092712

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

The presentation (bottles and box) are totally different from what this smell like.
This is a classy incensy cedar mature scent.
Reminded me a lot of Gucci pour homme 1.
I've heard that GPH1 is discontinue so this is a good replacement if u like it.
Better for fall and winter , it has a sharp vibe.
I dont have an idea on longevity and projection ,i will test and write soon.

Excellent luxurious sophisticated fragrance

Smell Aowod

But the problem is that it is very light

Does not last long

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Not “dirty” at all, it’s super-fresh, cedary, and a little metallic at the outset. It then blooms into a well-orchestrated composition with woods and vetiver at the base and powdery spices at the top. Thanks to what is probably Iso E Super, there’s a strong cloud of sillage, but it’s bone-dry, with no floral stuff at all and no aquatic notes (thank you!).

As it develops and the opening caraway-carrot combo subsides, the cedar note becomes even more prominent. It’s all about the sillage, with minimal scent right at the skin. For a light men’s cologne, it’s quite nice, and I would happily wear it. The woody-musky sandalwood base has amazing longevity, over 24 hours even with a shower during that time.

If you want a dry, non-sweet, non-aquatic fragrance with super lasting power, you might want to try this. I understand it’s been discontinued, but it looks like there's still some floating around in the online discounters stock.

banks1124
banks1124

Saw the 3.4oz for $20, read reviews, figured I'd give it a try. The first spray was old man. My dad owned something very similar to this and was that guy wearing way too much. Bad memory. About an hour later all I could smell was Aspen... Do you remember that. It was the cologne I wore in junior high--it came from Rite Aid. It ends up in a leathery kind of woods. I don't hate it and will try it again (today was warm I'm sure this is better in the cold) but don't see myself keeping this one long.

-The long and the short is that this smells like the best low price fragrance you can buy at a drug store.

jaguda
jaguda

I just tested this Fragrance today, and from someone who considers himself a connoisseur of the finer things of life, i must say that i am wowed!!!

the only thing i asked my self is why is it Eau De Toilette?
Why couldn't it have been Eau De Parfum?

That way the smell lasts longer though the strength is affected.

The leather twang with the hints of the spices made this scent last memorably in my mind as on of the outstanding.

pob75
pob75

Dirty English is OK but I was really disappointed.

Initially this is masculine, warm, spicy and peppery with a slight animalic note. It has a deep rum-like note as well. Quite strong with OK projection. Quite promising. BUT it doesn't last. All too quickly the projection drops to almost nothing. The longevity is poor (it is only just detectable at 3 hours on me). It's a perfectly nice smell while it lasts, but this is just an average EDT at best.

I was hoping for something dark, dirty, deep, sexy and potent like the name (and some of the reviews below) suggest it is. Instead I got something that reminded me of a far inferior, tamer, younger, simpler, less animalic and less sophisticated version of Giorgio Beverly Hills Red.

Dirty English may have a great name but it has little else. GBH Red has a terrible name but is, IMHO, everything that Dirty English pretends it will be but never really delivers. And it is cheaper, stronger, longer lasting and better all round.

There are much better, sexier, "dirtier", longer lasting scents than this - and many of them for less money. This one seems to talk the talk and promises a lot but delivers little. And it’s all over very prematurely.

There's no space in my collection for Dirty English - I have cheaper but superior scents that deliver more.
Won't buy again.

dmoman
dmoman

Nice scent. I smell more leathery, booze and some wood. Good to go to a bar scent...biker style. Longevity is good sometimes, progection is good for the price. Another bang for the buck scent. 8.5 out of ten. Bottle is very nice. It has been discontinued but you can find it online for very cheap...dirt cheap.

Thank you krmarich!
I just ordered a bottle for cheap in UK and yes i want it ! maybe you miss the boozy rum note in it like straight to heaven from kilian??
Rum will add the final layer to complete it i guess seeying its ingredients...

krmarich

Heads up , fans. Juicy Couture is no longer promoting this on its website. I sent them a message and it is officially discontinued. I rushed to my nearest closeout store(which had 8 bottles) and grabbed an extra. Seriously-stock up NOW!!!

Was it too expensive to produce? It was very expensive when it was introduced. Were sales poor? I seen it everywhere for awhile. I can only hope they offer something new for men.

Oh well, its another once in a lifetime purchase that will be prized in my collection. I layer it with Azzaro Actuer for a divine niche quality rose-oud combination. Maybe that was the problem-it was never finished properly. I am always layering it with something...

neptune1121
neptune1121

There is something about this Dirty English that remind me with The UK.. Because I was studying there. Anyhow, it's one of my favorite woody/earthy fragrance, very "manly" smells, yet simple. Plus point, the bottle is soo cool!

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I really like this fragrance. It's extremely woody, and not light woods like cedar or guiacwood, but dirty dark, like mahogony and oud. It's very oudy! I personally was hesitant to buy it because I am pretty embarrassed to tell people it's juicy couture (yuck) but it really does give of an extremely masculine smell. I doubt I could wear it all the time, since it's so potent but it's definitely something to wear on a really cold day. It reminds me of sitting by a fireplace in an english mansion.
Longevity - about 3-4 good hours.
Projection - not overpowering, pretty decent.
overall scent - 8.5/10

lfclfc
lfclfc

I personally love this fragrance. Very masculine and smells sexy. Females compliment me on the smell. Wish it lasted longer but I have resulted too spraying it on darker clothes. Sad to hear its discontinued, I will miss this smell but I have stocked up with few bottles. 9/10

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

My husband is using 100ml of this and he says it´s his favourite scent. I also even ilike Dirty English a lot. It´s strong, sexy, perfect scent for ´´bad boy´´ . The bottle is also really nice but heavy. Definetly your ´´must have´´ if you want to feel sexy!

ericrico
ericrico

So many great reviews here...this bottle of Dirty English has brought out some of the best (and funniest) reviews on this forum. Is it the name in and of itself, or a combination of the name and killer juice inside the handsome flacon?? I think the latter, most definitely. So, I will have fun with this review.

This smells like a wealthy London businessman who is in the hardwood-floored back parlor of a "gentlemen's club" who has just enjoyed a very fine Cuban cigar and a glass of XO Cognac and is now getting whipped with his own leather belt by a very sexy dominatrix in a skintight catsuit who is doused in Prada Amber perfume (amber/orange fragrance with some bite)!!!! ;-)

Now, that my fellow reviewers is Dirty "Fuc$in'" English as I perceive it. Yeah, it won't last too long, but neither will the whipping or you'll have to pay extra. This is all the cheap thrills you can pour into a bottle and still have a sense of class and an aire of sophistication...8/10. If you don't have this in your wardrobe, then I don't want you in my "gentlemen's club"...cheerio.

chibon
chibon

I may be new to the world of fragances, colognes, scent notes, niche vs designer scents but I am thoroughly enthralled and obsessed with this wonderful world...special nod to "vacabon99" for his personal advise and wonderful taste in colognes.

Now onto my review:

I came about "Dirty English" at a cologne retailer and it was love at first spray. With this cologne, one should be mindful of over spraying as it can be rather strong but the drydown is certainly sexy and masculine with notes of leather, aged cognac and vanilla sweetness. I find it perfect for winter days and cool nights.

I'm definitely intrigued by the peppery snappiness I get from cardamon/leather/spicy accords that nicely blend with vetiver and amber musk. This scent definitely transports me to a smoky cigar bar with high-back comfy leather chairs, a glass of aged cognac and soothing music

I definitely recommend it!

Longevity 8/10
Sillage 7/10
Scent 9/10

DominicMC
DominicMC

Ok here's my review...

got it today...smelling it now.

I can smell the leathery Mandarin orange smell. its really nice.
But has anyone noticed it smells a lot like church??? LOL i dunno it does to me!

krmarich

I had a very large, handsome bottle of Dirty English in 2009. It was sold as a set with deodorant and shaving balm. Very nice! Its was very woody and insencey. It was great on my skin but its projection was off. Its seemed cheap and synthetic. The ingredients are pretty natural, however. I let a friend try it and it would work better as a skin scent. He loved it and I gave him the bottle. Lucky him!

Ironically, it is well behaved and the oud is dry and harmonizes well with the other woods. The leather is more like vinyl. There is nothing unclean about it.In fact, its very relaxing! Its totally contemporary and I have yet to detect it in public. Its better than other sugary offering on the market. Perhaps thats why its not trendy...

sparkyman
sparkyman

My wife has created a sudden & uncontrolled interest in fragrances, after she bought me a bottle of Lanvin L'homme Sport for Xmas. Investigating for others, I discovered Fragantica a few weeks ago and have learn't an immense amount about this art.

A lifelong favourite has always been Cacharel Pour L'homme, but more recenlty have had bottles of Fahrenheit & Le Male.

The reviews here, for Dirty English, struck an accord with me so I tracked down a botlle which arrived yesterday. As an amateur, I can't isolate or identify a single component of this fragrance (still much to learn). However, my intial response was a very prominent scent of Coal Tar soap ! The comments about smokey bars is also something I note - a few squirts this morning and I must admit it developed into a wonderful, deeply satisfying warm, musky.....and frankly sweaty/dirty type of aroma, but not in an unpleasant type of way.

Suffice to say it's become an immediate favourite - your reviews have been totally accurate and I'm confident that the contributors here will help me find more of what i like !

Update - Sat down over the weekend with a glass of Captain n'cola (Morgan Spiced Rum & Coke)....and there's the Dirty English nose out of the bottle - uncanny!

Update 2 - Longevity is an issue. 3 hours on my skin, but at this price you can afford another couple of squirts during the day.

nikkhayes22
nikkhayes22

I love its sent, I have sence 2008. It reminds me of camping in the woods in the middle of winnter. You know that old filling right? Fire roaring in the pit, leather jackets, something peppery cooking over the fire? Its just getting harder and harder to find. im now down to my last bottle I bought when they still had it at macy's and am going to have to order it online...

jesvox
jesvox

Juicy Couture Dirty English is unique for sure WOw!, first spray you get a sweet medicinal vibe, in the middle you get smoke, leather and powder, the drydown is my favorite it gets spicy, musky and DIRTY (hence the name Dirty English).

ralphpr7
ralphpr7

good choice if you want to smell mature, and not like a hight school teenager. this is a bang for the buck as you can get a 3.4 oz bottle for $25 at marshalls. great smell, if you spray plenty of it, like me, it will last pretty good. the jewerly attached to the bottle its nice too. nice, really nice, but not the best.

kalravrkapadia
kalravrkapadia

The lasting power is very weak, I applied twice in a day!!! But it smells very good...the only issue is Sillage n Lasting Power...

omarilm1
omarilm1

This is so good I brought two bottles its going to be me signature it smells like a real islamic oil cologne for Muslims LOL alhamdulillah

Going against the grain, I actually think that Juicy Couture DIRTY ENGLISH is unisex! Sure there are no flowers or sugar or vanilla or fruits, but there are also none of the stereotypical masculine notes either: no lavender, no citrus, no metallic or aquatic yuckiness anywhere here to be sniffed!

I also do not find the composition dirty in the least. I had this sample in my queue for a very, very long time, but kept avoiding it under the assumption that it was going to be like Dior FAHRENHEIT--or something along those lines. Surely if not axle grease there would be something sweaty and animalic, I thought to myself.

Instead, I find DIRTY ENGLISH to be primarily a well-behaved incense perfume. Woody and slightly spicy: I like this JC offering much better than the made-for-chicks-in-velour-hoodies perfumes. I might actually acquire a bottle for myself--and wouldn't that lion escutcheon look nice on my dresser? A pleasant surprise.

jim
jim

Bought it on xmas sale 25$ 100ml
Smells great
Last only abt 4hours even with massive application
This is the weakest scent in my collection
6.710 (becoz of the longevity)

dad hash
dad hash

I had a day oFF today so decided to go for a window shopping as i was feeling a bit down cus of some personal issues,crossing Paris perfumeirra i decided to do some thing to change the mood and blind bought this one as there wasnt any tester for this , the deal was ok 100ml 42euros almost! It is good, to much leather and rough type, i guess good for some road trip, wearing a leather jacket which i do and smoking marlboro will be a good combination or going in an old mustang with the dog on the back seat and guittar on the side one! it is very masculine! Not very good for dating or clubing so indeed forget about offical dinners or meetings! It is some thing for rough and tough guys with Rock attitude !!!!
Yeah the lasting power is very low, may be 3 hours max !

Labaloo
Labaloo

The initial burst I found a bit shocking- apiaceae seeds, mandarin, and volatile elaichi singing a piercing madrigal; graciously they are overcome when olibanum waltzes forward, entouraged flirtatiously in leather, black pepper, sandalwood and a dab of oudh, and stands pretty while bitter herbs take up the melody and woods moan low. Blends well with my chemistry. I don't know what people are talking about- I can still smell it on myself after 24 hours! Excellent construction- definitely an overlooked gem, and it's getting harder to find. Exudes an unyielding ruggedness seldom found in men's fragrances these days, giving a nod backward to 80's powerhouses and yet remaining thoroughly sleek and modern.

cjgoehner
cjgoehner

Sensual, Sexual, Seduction Electric, Erotic, Eruption Gusts of Lust Fantasy is a Must

Soft, Silky, Sexy Rough, Raw, Real The mixture of these feelings Gives your body the sweetest healing

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

This juice is anything but subtle. It's called Dirty English for Men, but it should be called Dirty Englishman! It has a salty/sweaty, pipe-smoke, boozy quality that reeks of bar-room slurring flirtiness. Don't get me wrong, it's great! I am a sucker for an English brogue on a tipsy gent'. What girl isn't? But I like it for myself. I wear it and watch the reaction of those around me. Women turn around expecting a sexy man. They look at me, confused, and keep looking around. Men just look at me with an eyebrow raised and then go about their business. I sniff my wrist all day long whenever I need a little escape. Thanks for another unexpected gem, Juicy.

@chrismriley>

"I reckon 90% of women aged 33-53 will be on their knees to this, this is by far the most masculine and erotic male pheremone concoctions"

Whahaha i laughed out loud reading this sentence in a good way ! im a follower of your reviews from now on. :-P
I feel bad for all the <32 yr young and the 54> yr old ladies out there ....great review though!

Im very gonna buy this one soon.
I smelled it a week ago i like it but i need to sniff it again good, and i will def. review it reading the revies down low, gives me the impression this one i a must buy even for its price in england!!
Why do scents are that expensive in my country(Netherlands)price is around 60/70 dollar for 100ml around here at webshop i find it for 25 euro......grrrr!!

NYprospect
NYprospect

I have to give this one more time.First spray,i recognize it.hmmm Tommy Bahama.A quick transition like a motorcycle making a sharp left.Chemicals? Medicine,wait Jagermeister? Ahhhh i get it now.I smell some oily biker grease,not heavy but it is there and it is on someones leather motorcycle boots.Ok i came here to bash it but now i'm riding "bitch" on this bottle.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A powerful and pungent masculine scent, intially medicinal perfume, which has immense sexual magnetism, and is very affordable..

0-10 mins- Crikey this stuff blows your nose of. It's like perfume poppers. 95% Medicinal smell, something topical, no character of its own, just immense medicine.. Is this what M7 is like? as Not smelt M7 yet.

For the one and only time I don't like a perfume bottle - 30ml - it looks old fashioned and dull. The 50ml bottle however is well good!

10 mins - Do not judge a book by its cover

11 mins- 4 hours - 2 foot super projection of the strongest and most virile male scent I have ever come across. It is still similar to above but it interacts with my male chemistry. This smell burns of my skin and knocks everything down in its way. Linear from above. Chippendale muscular strength, not your slim line metro-sexual stuff.. this stuff is amazing and like a wall of bricks..

4 hours - 8 hours - 6 inch projection. Superb, I breathe it in and say yesssss, this is what makes me feel like a man..

Never wear this at work..

I reckon 90% of women aged 33-53 will be on their knees to this, this is by far the most masculine and erotic male pheremone concoction... at give away prices

Quality

This one is unique.
Opens with similar to Yves Saint Laurent M7, Citrus Agarwood. A rather "Boozey" whiskey like. But sweet like candy. i'm thinking Motorcycle seats an leather jackets bikers with greasy stubble. The dry down is good too, STRONG leather, but it's a rather cheap kind of vinyl leather on a car seat. Some would say it's like a New Car, i guess.

Dimheir
Dimheir

Something about this scent that I can't pin point. I smell leather, oud, cedar, musk - but I keep looking for something more, something to hold on to. A centre, if you wish. It's nice, but more like the idea/sense of a scent rather than the actual thing.

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

I blind bought this perfume for my husband, and I like it myself. I use it layering with my Juicy Couture Couture Couture. It added a woody layer after floral. Beautiful!
Oh, and my husband likes this too :)

mj9999

I just bought this perfume blind, and all I can say is, not bad...not too good, but not bad either...Just somewhere between so-so and good.. The smell reminds me of CK Obsession but without the perfumey scent that the CK has..A bit dark and mysterious... I bought this stuff since it was the only male perfume from Juicy Couture, and is currently discontinued... Hope this thing gets rarer.... :)

luckywink
luckywink

I hated it at first as i wasn't able to get the smell of the juice after an hour on my skin and was so pissed off with it. I gave it a try on a rainy day and when climate was absolutely wonderful and the juice worked big time and was awesome but whatever ppl say, it stays on my skin for very short time and sure not strong but gr8 sexy smell and I like it and recommend it for the winter season.

Rooomy
Rooomy

My skin drinks up most of the colognes I spray , yes , too dry skin . Yet , Dirty English just happens to give me the best projection and longevity !

Leathery , mossy , woody , smokey , and absolutely clean fragrance . But I have a full wear starting with bath bubbles , shower gel , body lotion , body spray and finally the cologne spray ... this is the exact way to get all of what u need out of this outstanding fragrance

Enjoy it ! It's affordable and women adore it , :-)

tragon7121
tragon7121

I really love this fragrance, just love it. But the only thing I hate about it is its longevity ! Last only 2-3 hours on my skin. I disagree with some people here who said it's too strong. It is strong right at the moment you spray it out, but then it quickly spreads out and stays very close to your skin. This one is definitely NOT a loud scent !

I think this fragrance is currently discontinued, isn't it ?! o.O

BearysHoney
BearysHoney

I gave a bottle of this to my fiancee for his birthday with a note that said "for when you're feeling naughty" lol. He thought it was great. I do love the smell but gentleman, don't bathe in this stuff, it'll ruin it for us lol. A light spray does the trick nicely, because it is a pretty heavy scent, but definitely great if you like your man to smell like a man!

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

I love the fragrance. But seriously..I find the flacon and the name of the scent, oh so tacky. Nevermind the flacon and the name. The scent is light, spicy, resin, woody, incense and a bit leathery. I don't find it heavy at all. Its sillage is under medium. I wish it was more UMPF and powerfull. I like it and I have a few bottles of it (its out of the market here in Denmark, Europe). I just need to put on a god few sprays, to get it to last. And peeps seems to like it.
I do get the familiar notes of Original by Comme des Garcons. But Original is well...more original and stay on ur skin forever. I wonder how it would smell layered together?

I dunno what I expected out of the bottle and the name. Maybe some tacky Axe smell..haha. But overall its very pleasent and its good for both men and woman.

weegee
weegee

If all men's naughty bits were to smell like this the world would be a better place. This could give a gal some serious lady-wood. Be shy if you must, but I'll bet there are many women (and quite a few men) here who agree with me.

Dirty English is truly magnificent. It‘s that “sex in a bottle“ we often speak of, a spicy, woody, smoky, boozy, leather wonder that lasts 6-8 hours and reappears and "reblooms" with perspiration.

I think if this had a Tom Ford label instead of Juicy Couture it would get more notice, but then a person would have to pay $150 more for a bottle. And honestly, how many fragrances with oud are available at under $20 an ounce? An incredible bargain.

As fully “manly-man masculine” as this is I find I can wear it myself in autumn’s cool weather and winter’s cold if I restrict application to just one spray down my blouse and another on the back of my neck under my (long) hair. Goes as well with high heels and wool as it does with boots and leather and makes me feel confident, powerful and equal to any difficult task or situation I need to conquer.

andy

too much tobacco and musk and harsh wood gross!!
this is a bit sharp to the nose and its just not pleasing. If you want a musky woodsy scent try rocawear 9IX or fierce by A&F, if you want some tobacco with it then try the guccis (virtually the only scent line who can make tobacco smell good)

Luforge
Luforge

Such a sexy and vibrant fragrance reminds me alot of Gucci Pour Homme(2003).. This spicy smoky scent goes a long way, so dont over spray cos it has great staying power!Just love the bottle too.. Oh and by the way "The girls just love this"..

jcastano
jcastano

I would like to start off by saying that the bottle is pretty darn cool! The chain wrapped around the cap with the hanging charm and the graphics of the lions over a shield all over a heavy glass bottle. This seems like a scent for the ultimate bad ass! The presentation is an A+ in my book! As for the scent, well, it's good, great even, but it has its flaws. I'd give this a thumbs up but longevity lacks (4 hours tops) and sillage is even worse. This also reminds me of a lighter, dirtier version of M7 by YSL.

This opens up very spicy and leathery, mainly leathery, with light citrus but as it makes its transition to the middle notes then to the basenotes, it remains fairly linear sanz the citrus. Basically all I get is a light sweetness, moderate spice, moderate woods, and leather, leather, leather, and even more leather! This is very masculine. I picture a biker or rough-houser wearing this as he sits at a bar, gulping shots of Jack Daniels, as he holds some guy in a headlock. Which also reminds me that this scent also has a boozy quality to it. Booze, leather, and spice. Sound appealing? I thought so too, but in my opinion, M7 does this far better. If this is the rough neck biker sitting at the bar, then M7 is the handsome, refined, suited gentlemen who enters that same bar only to use the phone because he got a flat or because he needs directions. They all stare at him and would love to bash his pretty face in.

Lana Lool

For the price, you can't go wrong with this! This could have easily been a niche fragrance with its Oud, Leather, and wood heavy mixture. As oud takes off in popularity (thank you Montale), people will begin to recognize that this is a wonderful Oud fragrance. The Oud is heavy at the opening, but quickly begins to blend with the other wood and orange, and in the end, highlights this fragrance perfectly...giving it an uber masculine dark edge. As sniffers are quickly warming up to oud, this fragrance could easily become a classic. Deep, dark and satisfying!

kdlehr
kdlehr

I just got this one the other week and was opening it with trepidation after reading the reviews.
Initially I reviewed this as a too much of chemicals and a bit of sandal wood , but I am trying it today again and I found some amber musk and a little tobacco and maybe some black pepper too.
Its not brilliant but its rather good I think, I was going to stick it on ebay but hey I am going to keep it
I like it . Just shows you to give everything a second chance

yanoe
yanoe

Tested this EDT yesterday ,The woodsy notes remind me of RSVP by Kenneth Cole in a lighter version..it has a strong, warm n slightly spicy scent not bad at all but unfortunately it doesn't last..

greystone
greystone

My wife bought me this as a gift.I am very happy with it,Dirty English has a hint of the old school men colognes but still resinates of a modern fragrance.I find this fragrance to be a great masculine cologne and I perfer it to alot of the fruitier colognes the fragrance industry has been trying to pass off as men colognes.Glad Juicey Couture came out with this one.Dirty English is one of my new favorite scents.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Dirty English reminds me of Michael Kors, but MK is headier, boozier and more assertively masculine, impossible as that seems. DE is harsh when you first apply it, but it settles into a smooth and very appealing leather, spice and woodsy dry down. Definitely worth the price at discount. A uniquely heady and creative brew.

apostle
apostle

Yes...this is one of those fragrances. What do I mean? Well I'm glad you asked. It is nothing special, HOWEVER, it is one that I reach for often! So I guess that does make it kinda special. You can pull this off anytime in my opinion. Beautiful fragrance...you'll receive compliments...so go 'head and give it a go...I don't think you'll be disappointed. I will rate this at about an 8.5...I think it last long enough...

shamus1
shamus1

Ignore the stupid trendy name. This is an awesome fragrance. "Woody Spicy" is the perfect label for Dirty English, because that's exactly what this is - woody, spicy, and very masculine.

Dirty English is very multifaceted, evolving throughout the day and ending with a beautiful aromatic sandalwood drydown that I wish would go on forever. Cardamom is used cleverly in this fragrance to give it a dirty, raunchy smell, and I love how Dirty English blends its synthetic ingredients in such a way that it does not make the fragrance smell synthetic or cheap. The leather note isn't very prominent, but it adds darkness to the overall scent. This is a very well composed fragrance.

Dirty English is going for dirt cheap right now in the bargain bins, so be sure to snap up a bottle. Although it's a scent that doesn't produce a lot of sillage, it has amazing staying power (12+ hours on my skin). I love this fragrance.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

Odiee99
Odiee99

I bought this without smelling it first. It was on clearance at Walgreen. I thought I'd give it a shot.It smells like strong whiskey mixed with cigar ashes and and an old leather jacket. Definitely to strong for my taste. Smells like something a lumberjack or a cattle rancher would wear.

Heverton
Heverton

Very nice projection and longevity on this fragrance that is heavy on it's composition, but to my surprise gets along very well with the skin, giving the feeling of something spicy in the beginning, which is consistent with the fragrance's proposal(they call the top notes electric attraction)

Over time the fragrance is became somewhat darker, intimate yet dark, probably due to the leather. This leather mixed with cedarwood gives the fragrance a sexy tone, persisting until the end.

dushyantbhandari
dushyantbhandari

This one is like mont Blanc exceptional. Same launch year color it's hard to so who copied who. Apart from the similarities this perfume has got a nice fragrance also it comes in a killer bottle longevity and silage is avg. Meant for fall Evening wear. Overall good to be the part of ur collection

babybash44
babybash44

This gem from Juicy Couture is the ideal Fall fragrance. The leather notes provide a strong bad-boy feel to a woody base. Women tend to be drawn to this fragrance when used in... moderation, opposed to 3+ sprays. The sillage is good enough, but if you must be noticed with this, it is fairly safe to be outside with this one. It is long-lasting and high quality, but a bit generic. If made longer ago, this would definitely be a classic but, unfortunately, it seems not as original as it smells good. Some may think that the bottle is tacky, with its' silver emblem and the various charms; yet some love it. The same goes with the scent itself.

SilverFire
SilverFire

This goes on with a high-end cologne scent that's similar to CK Euphoria, but the elements used are different. Like CK Euphoria, this smells good, a little bit cheeky yet manly, and it dies in three hours. I think of this as CK E's British cousin because they share the same approach, the same longevity, and the same whisper-to-faint-musk end. This scent uses some kind of flowers, and definitely pepper, but the rest of the notes I can't distinguish. Only the longevity is really bad -- and whether in the heat, in the air-conditioning, in the morning or the evening, three hours was all she wrote. Maybe it's better off as a fall/winter scent.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Dirty badboy, the agar wood is light, mixed with cypress, ebony wood and leather, make me love it, but longevid, was poor, 3hours on my skin, and projection could be better too! What a pitty :(

Lana Lool

Mrgstar, for having an untrained nose, you did very well at identifying 3 scents that have much in common. Indeed, Dirty English, Gucci Pour Homme I, and Tommy Bahama original, have similar openings, but they go in different directions in my experience. I have to say that Dirty English has more orange off the top, and settles into a very heavy, almost oily fragrance, with hints of petrol and leather. Gucci Pour Homme I (a personal fav) is very well blended and settles into a creamy woody incenscey aroma that also stays nice and thick for a quite a long time. The Tommy Bahama surprised me with some of its notes...while staying the "thinnest", it also has some rubber and dark wood scent...different and worth giving a fair shot. All 3 scents are wonderfully masculine and its nice to know you don't have to spend a fortune to get a long lasting pleasantly unique fragrance experience. In your face, all you niche narcissists! :)

Sillysimon
Sillysimon

To say i love this juice would be an understatement. This scent is perfectly me. Its a jack-of-all-trades. But that said, it is also a master-of-none. It is heartbreaking for me because it just doesnt stick. It doesnt last. I would sell my soul for an EDP. The quality of the ingredients just isnt there.

It layers well with Kiehl's musk (and the Pour Homme rollerball) but it is soon faded off my skin leaving the musk behind.

I dont feel the need to try describing the scent as i feel other reviewers have hit it on the head. I am with the rebelious, leather jacket wearing James Dean analogy. I am just addressing my concerns as a huge fan of a cheap fragrence. Some people have suggested YSL M7 and others. I unfortunatly havent gotten an opportunity to smell them. But for now i pile it on. Deal with it being far to strong for 20 min, then spray it on again and again as it fades.

hynekk
hynekk

With this fragrance I have to thankful for advice to try perfumes both on skin and clothes. While it is pretty awful on my skin, it is great on my shirt!

A stronger version of Mont Blanc Exceptionnel, maybe.

Kharnak

First Note is an obvious Boozy Liquor Gin smell, much like the shape of the bottle suggests. It's more Orange-like overall, It's sexy indeed, mixes well with sweat i must say. I can understand why this is a favorite, but it's still for the younger crowd.
Cardamom spice which is one of my favorites, a kind of greeny herbal. The Agarwood is also loud & obvious, an Excellent addition.
Only drawback.. Base of Leather... but i must say, not a luxurious leather.. but more like Faux leather jacket fresh from the store. It smells like a motorcycle seat, or almost like "New Car interior"

aussie bloke
aussie bloke

It smells exactly like a bikie who's been wearing same leather jacket for past 40 yrs but scent dry down is indeed awesome . I may not wear it everywhere and it may not get me any compliments, but I adore and appreciate this scent, I wear it sometimes just to please myself.
Scent score 7/10.

imoore
imoore

I work with 8 man at the company.

When I know in advance that the day is going to be a hard one I have to turn to this scent.

Keeps men in a distance

(the reaction:
what a strange scent imoore is wearing today?
we shoud let her to get along, and not disturb
her...)

Buttonbear
Buttonbear

I agree with the poster who said this is how 007 must smell but I see your Bond and raise you a Gerard Butler. The fragrance equivalent of the song 'Wild Thing'.
It's an exceptionally spicy leathery smell with some real balls unlike so many of these 'new man' metrosexual scents.
This one bops you over the head and drags you back to it's cave.

Gents - don't wear this if you shave your chest. If you should but don't this is the scent for you.

K1
K1

Damn, after closing Gucci Pour Homme line, shall we scout around to find something near as possible to revive our memory?
Dirty English, although is often called the most similar to Gucci Pour Homme, cannot be the same quality of smell.
This is just the same air of woody aroma without incense mood that opens in extremely boozy style like whiskey.
The heart is so deep oud/pine woody with bold leather dark oily scent and mellow stingy sandalwood sweetness.
So pity that longevity is brief.

Mrgstar
Mrgstar

I think that Juicy Couture- Dirty English, Tommy Bahama- Tommy Bahama for Men and Gucci- Gucci Pour Homme I are very very similar scents. My nose is not very trained yet, but I think I am not totally wrong here...
I dont think any of those I mentioned here suits teenagers. 25, maybe even 30 years and up...

megaechofox50
megaechofox50

This is a very warm and masculine scent that is not too overpowering for those around you. There are some spicy and leathery notes in it. Definitely one for casual wear during the colder months. I could see this being a signature scent for the winter months.

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

My hairdresser wears this and OMG he smells devine. I love , love it and am getting some for my 21 year old son. Its so sexy and intoxicating but only wear a LITTLE. Dont apply too much. He sprays and walks thru it !

mightymarshal
mightymarshal

I'm 21, and this is my current favorite fragrance. I was looking for something musky and spicy, but I didn't want to move too far into that range. I work at a Ralph Lauren store, and we sell the original Polo fragrance, and I did NOT want something that strong in the musky/leathery range. I saw the bottle, and it looked interesting, but it also looked like it was going to be incredibly weak and boring. It's simple, but I love the muskiness, and it has a smoky undertone. I really like the leather as well. I've worn a ton of different colognes, but so far this one has gotten me the most compliments, hands down, from women of all ages, and men alike.

Valentino
Valentino

Doh! I did it again. I looked through the TKMaxx perfume section, remembered some reviews on Fragrantica and made a blind purchase!

Soon they will diagnose this blind buying of perfumes as a compulsive disorder. But I can't resist...hmmm...I guess that's why they call it compulsive. Well, I couldn't risk missing out on what might be my Holy Grail just because there are no fricken testers!

Anyway, this ain't it, but we're getting damn close! Reviews here were spot on as usual, thank you so much! This is woody, spicy, and heading for fougere territory. I don't find it that dirty to be honest; as I grew up in the 80s I have a very different take on 'dirty'. No, lol, we did wash in the 80s, but the frags were more 'animalic' and musky in general.

It is quite English however, as its name suggests. As you get into the oakmoss, cardamom, fir and leather, you soon realise that these are staples of British perfumery. It's just that the gloominess of the Brits (no offence, I'm British) has been lifted with a good dose of American optimism.

Charming and masculine, I could see this on a young Brad Pitt type. Remember his debut in Thelma and Louise? This guy loves women and has a glint in his eye which says 'I'm a little bit dangerous, but I'll show you a good time...I'll take you perfume shopping'.

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

I Agree with andy
Tobacco + Leather and something rosted or kept in it. Just like some norcotic,
it 'll not be wrong if i say it smells like a CHARS( a type of norcotic used with Tobacco).
anyhow I like it , because its a very clear fragrance.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Dirty English has a bad reputation for being harsh and powerful, and i agree, but I still love it. Btw all, theres NO tobacco in this one. What is so harsh is the leather, amber- musk, citrus and black moss, it's a lethal combination.
I also love the little pendant item, I wear it on my wrist. I think I'll buy another couple of these just to have a few of them on my wrist.
This is another violent fragrance that I really like, its offensive and pushes through the calmer scents and yells "F%~kin SMELL ME!!!"

guest_danny_girl
guest_danny_girl

I bought this for a friend. Like a lot of other reviewers I didn't much care for the name but when I sniffed the cologne I got it. This cologne smells like a black leather motorcycle jacket. Hence the name. Leather comes in a lot of flavors (suede, rustic boot leather, etc.) to my nose and this is defintely black leather, sweetened with tobacco. Nice juice for a man's perfume wardrobe, varied with a second cologne of the clean/fresh variety (herbal, soapy or aquatic) and a woodsy third one for other days.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Nothing dirty about this one. Comes in a 'classic' bottle with a metallic juicy couture logo . The amber colour of the perfume matches the scent perfectly. Warm, spicy and rich, with a heavy cedar, rum and leather notes. Its comforting for the colder months and evokes the image of resting in front of the fireplace on your favourite leather armchair with rum and cigar. A great melange of old school and modern.

guest_spiral
guest_spiral

I bought this for my partner, attracted by the oudh composition. It has a definate oudh note and a slight sweetness that is delicious.Quite an innovative scent and not a boring one, I agree with the review below that it's a great one to steer men away from the run-of-the-mill aquatic male perfumes out there. Spicey, warm, rich and not overcomplicated by a multitude of notes. The addition of the oudh does not deserve the fragrance to be ruined by too many layers, anyway! There is also a real middle eastern flavour in this too, I know that because I own quite a few attars, and this scent is very reminiscent of a family perfumiers scent which came from Dubai.
It's also verging on unisex for those women who like non-floral resin/spice scents. I could probably get away with this one with my particular skin chemistry.
So, I recommend this for men (and some women) who wish to stand out, don't like aquatics but love warm spicy resinous woods, and don't like overly complex scents.

BethAshley
BethAshley

I recently bought this for my boyfriend. I think it is a great staple fragrance to have. It is almost a light version of Micheal Kors for men. You can smell the leather and cedar but it still very clean. I would like it more if there were some more vices involved... More smoke and booze would really add some depth, and make this Englishman dirty. Overall it's a great fragrance for guys that are just starting to get away from the aquatics of recent years and are looking for a versatile scent.

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

I bought this with my twin sister for my older brother's birthday today.His favourate perfume is Carolina Herrera 212, though I don't know which one.

Anyhow, we tested several perfumes before we came to this masterpiece! I kept eyeing it and finally tested it more than five times before we bought it and wrapped it up.

The perfume, Dirty English, is RICH and woodsy with the mandarin orange slightly faint with elegant notes of oud and marjoram. The cardomon and the musk spiral into place alongside the oud, giving it a sweet but serious tone. This perfume is meant for a classy man with quality taste and a great sense of humor, just like his eyes.

Dirty English means to serve their sense of humor, too, which can be cynical and spontaneous, but expected nonetheless.

It is a recommended scent after "888 Comme Des Garcon."

Scent 10/10

Staying Power 10/10

andy

musky tobacco type of smell that is VERY potent. personally musk, tobacco and leather can overdo many scents and this stuff is just too harsh smelling for me to give a positive review

guest_PatrickBlack
guest_PatrickBlack

I saw this was a Juicy cologne, and thought "pssh this is gonna smell like some puff's cologne". Well I was wrong! Smokey, leathery, rich bourbon, woody...deep and rich. A lot of people think that the Dirty English is a stupid name. And they're right. But it is a great way to explain the smell. It smells like what a 007 would smell. Just a little bit of class, but has some rough knuckles from his career. But casual enough to kick pack on his yacht...(that has a turret on it).
This stuff is potent though, definitely a hit or miss depending on your skin. My skin is good with the rich spice/woody/bourbon smells so it enhances D. Eng. smells great on me. If you are more of a fresh/fruity kinda guy...you might get to much of a synthetic choking smell. Which is unfortunate because (on me at least) the ladies couldn't get enough. I had my friends that are girls prolong hugs just to keep their face buried in my neck. So if it can do that to friends...I mean come on, this stuff smells good.

ausamamira
ausamamira

i love this scent myself... forgetting the name and not seeing the notes before, i thought this is a kind of smoky-ambery smell that i like!!!!! i dont get the dirty part too !!! i was expecting to smell an animalic or fecal smell but that was'nt the case !!!! i have a sample now and i will apply it again i may find things that i didnt find the first time .....

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This was just AWFUL! I tried it twice, & it smelled very smoke like & nasty! I am not attracted to scents such as this. The first spray is a WHAM! In ur face thing, but the dry down is a little better, not much tho. I get a hint & I do mean HINT of strawberry... But over all this is just not me at all. I think this fragrance would be best worn in cooler weather such as fall & winter! Wearing this in hot weather conditions is not appealing what so ever. The bottle is nice, but thats where it ends with this 1!

guest_Marshal
guest_Marshal

I would not have bought this by name, "Dirty English", but I sampled 10 colognes anonymously and this was my favorite one. I asked what it was, and when she said "Juicy Couture/Dirty English" I was surprised.. Juicy Couture is my favorite perfume for women. Literally I melt when Juicy Couture walks by. That it would be my favorite cologne for myself is a pleasant surprise. I think if I'd heard the name beforehand I would have been turned off.

jae
jae

I'm sorry, but I don't like it. I tested this in 2008 and it just didn't appeal to me. It's, well, dirty. There was just something "off" about this, but I couldn't figure it out.

Fast-forward to 2010. All it took was a pleasant step into niche perfumery with Montale and it has finally been revealed to me:
Juicy Couture totally flunked on the use of oud. Point-blank.

PieRat
PieRat

I am still testing this one out, but initial reaction to this is the same as those little green pine tree air freshners for cars...

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

i would not say the perfume is outstanding its simply good. top and mid notes are really nice but drydown is not that good and sillage and longevity is weak 4 me. top and mid notes are very spicy masculine mature and elegant but dry down smells like an ordinary perfume. Bottle and packaging is simply awesome
Overall i give it 8 out of 10.

Like aged whiskey. this stuff is a modern interpretation of strong mature masculine spicy scent. It will knock your socks off. Not everyone can pull it off with this scent. Tweens please stay away from this booze.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

this fragrance got some old skool scent and new skool scent..its very masculine, woodsy and spicy..it reminds me of english leather (not the smell though) just by sniffing on it makes me wearing a 50 year old fragrance..but this is wonderful scent..the leather and citrus is fantastic..the first spray was strong..so be careful not to overdue it..longevity and sileage are great..this is like a biker type of men cologne out there whos bad and aggresive, or american muscle type...overall is great fragrance

Dirty English is true to its bottle design; very masculine, rich and boozy.

Spicy and dirty, this fragrance is either a love it or hate it. I personally love it because it is so different from the other male scents out there on the market.

The opening is extremely strong, almost like pouring straight rum onto your wrist and inhaling deeply. I am surprised to see that rum has not been included in the notes, for I swear that I can smell it.

Dirty English has that real bad-boy appeal. It's for the man that is a little bit of a classic bad-boy. He wears black leather jackets, rides fast motorbikes, slicks his hair back and smokes cigarettes. He can seduce a woman with just one glance in her direction.

This fragrance reeks of spice, woods and leather with a touch of boozy rum. It is almost impossible for a woman to pull this fragrance off. I feel like putting a sticker on the bottle saying 'for men only'.

The lasting strength is good and be warned, this fragrance is very strong, so please do not over-apply. You may have women running in the opposite direction if you do. I highly recommend.

guest_Dawnee
guest_Dawnee

I just bought this on sale at a closeout store so I couldn't test it as it was still in cellophane. Once in my car I sprayed 2 test sprays on my wrists and sniffed periodically on the drive home. I can't decide if I like it, I thought for sure I'd be blown away by a virile sexy scent. I have the female Juicy Couture and it's such a sensual scent I always get compliments. I'm not sure if I should give it too my guy because I'm still somewhat convinced I acquaint it with my grandfather in his leather chair

instantjim

I got this cheaply on the internet and have been trying it out for the last couple of days. On paper the combination of ingredients looks great and indeed it starts with a rich woody pepperiness, which is exactly the type of fragrance I like. There is a definite tobacco note there too, but unfortunately, the sillage and longevity are abyssmal. After only ten minutes I need to put my nose to my wrist to smell it. To push things to the limit I sprayed 10 (yes 10) spritzes onto my wrist and even that was not enough to last.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very good and affordable fragrance. Smokey, dark woody scent with moderate sillage. I get 6-9 hours on my skin. 9/10

Lillith
Lillith

I tried this out to see if it could mix with a feminine body well. It worked great for me, the spice and wood notes overshadowed the leather a bit, but i love the way it smells. confident and strong, like an amazonian female warrior.

Malegria
Malegria

Ha! Not bad for Juicy Couture. I was expecting something blah, and it managed to surprise me, even if only a little. No wows, kind of mainstream, but attractive in it`s own, little-boy-trying-to-fit-his-Daddy`s-Harley-boots way. I would not call it dirty in my wildest dreams, but it is trying to be dirty, really hard, and that`s what`s cute. After looking at all the notes listed, I was expecting something more aromatic - but surprisingly so it turned out to be more woody. Nice, not vulgar and even a bit sexy!!!
And the bottle is really cool and kitschy - double bonus!

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

What can i say??!! |Definitely the Agent Provocateur for boys!!!!(and girls)!!!
After the essence of cypress, wich is at first noticed, starts the most wonderfull dirty musk i've smelled!!!(I am going to steal little bit from my man, just to have a layer of good animalic musk under any perfume i want to wear......

Jave26
Jave26

A very nice fragrance it was love at first sniff I love it from beginning to end lasted over 8 Hrs on me. I bumped into my friends wife in the mall and I asked her to accompany me so we can smell some fragrances, we smelled over 10 different kinds and she chose this hands down over all the others and I agree 2 thumbs up.

Pavel
Pavel

Nothing special about this one. It's woody, ok. It's spicy ? Yes, it is. That's all. Here is where the line is drew.
If I did not know the name of this one I could swear is from Avon.
For 30 bucks you recieve something decent, but not outstanding.
My advice is to try it first and then buy it.

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Fantastic sexy mans fragrance finally one for the boys !
one of my favourites - the aftershave soother is very good too.
Think Dirty Sexy ! :) - but beware spray too much and in the morning you will wake up with one hell of a sore head ! trust me go easy as it still projects even when you think the smell is gone . I can't understand why there are so many negative reviews on this fragrance it truly astounds me , It's a shame this was discontinued , and I, shocked at the amount of negative reviews this fragrance has recieved - I love this fragrance

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

This is for the days, you feel like playing the villain. Cutting through people's personal space like a jagged edged knife. This surely will not go unnoticed. Turn around and give a devilish grin why don't you? The character of this fragrance is bad-ass and careless. I hate to end this review on a negative note, but there's no oud or agarwood of any sort here, unless its the same used in Calvin Klein Euphoria Intense. Dirty English hits you with a sharp, oily-wood note that will indeed stay consistent for hours.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Leathery, woodsy, spicy, and warm. I never expected such a mature and sophisticated men's scent from Juicy Couture. This matches my fiance's chemistry perfectly. Very sexy.

tangledvines
tangledvines

I love this smell! My husband is a hard worker who does manual labor for a living. So maybe I am partial to the "dirty" "smoky" "hot-n- sweaty" scents. To me it's sexy. It's not at all the clean cut, pretty boy colognes that seem to be so popular and fill all of the shelves at the department stores. I'm perfectly fine with that! If you're looking for a pretty boy scent, pass up this rough neck!

perfumelover95
perfumelover95

I just adore this perfume! It really does has a weird smell,but it smells perfectly nicegood!I even liked it on myself even thought its a men's perfume!Its pretty unique from some perfumes! I think juicy couture did a great job in this perfume:) I do reccomend it :D

andy

smells like a trashcan i never liked this one i think its VERY harsh smelling and unappealing and girls really do NOT want to smell tobacco, and the leather and strong spice are kinda unappealing it smells like an old guy scent and is NOT attractive at all

i may smoke a pack a day but this is by no means appealing to me it smells like a harsh cheap aftershave and reminds me of english leather

LaPD
LaPD

The name says it all. It is pretty dirty, but in a good way. I smell this fragrance and I think of myself when I hit the road for two months across the US. Fresh from refuelling... it's a hot day. I'm swaetin' and wearin' my sunglasses, unshaven, window down, wearin' my cowboy shirt and then headin' to a Louisville bar ordering some whisky. An ole' boys room feel... Sittin' on a stool at the mahogany bar and chillin' around.

Dirty South. Hot. Spicy. Paul Newman. Marlon Brando ... pre God father.

From Top to Base. The notes are dirty and spicy... like it can make you sweat. The tobacco, the leather and pepper are the best notes here!

Love the smell... All these images... I'll wear it just for that pleasure.

guest_siss
guest_siss

My boyfriend wears this cologne and it is absolutely the sexiest, most delicious smelling cologne I've ever encountered. It suits him perfectly and, though others have commented that it doesn't last very long, I've found that it lasts all day for him. I keep a little sample bottle of it and wear a touch of it myself when he's away to remind me of him and I actually like it on myself as well. I love it the same way I love a well-made cup of tea....it's just the perfect balance of spice and vanilla...it's a rich and creamy scent without being overbearing. I don't get the feeling of "dirty" at all from it.....perhaps it should have been called "Naughty English" because you get the sense that a rough-around-the-edges kind of man would wear it, not necessarily an unkept man. I love it.

guest_Annalisa
guest_Annalisa

Well, the name says it all. It smells dirty. It smells a bit like grease and stale cigarettes, and a little bit like gasoline, to me. So, I guess if that gives you the "bad boy" image you're after, then maybe this is for you. I, however, prefer my man to smell a bit more refined/bathed.

saint2006
saint2006

The one note i can smell beyond all other notes in this is the Agarwood(Oud). This exotic wood will forever be embedded within my neurons. The Tabacco, pepper, and the smokey scent you get is the Agarwood. This is a Mysterious Fragrance. Bold and Very Masculine. Ive worn this in all seasons. It will get you some attention.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

I wanted to like this cologne for i love the name Dirty English. At first spray it smells like your hair after a evening sitting in front of a camp fire. After a while the smokiness dies away and you are left with a pleasant scent. Sadly its not for me.

Cherub573
Cherub573

Okay, I just loved the name and bottle of this scent, so I wanted to try it. Those notes didn't sound bad either, as I love leather and didn't see patchouli.

It might smell better on a man's skin, but on mine, it was rather awful. It smelled like burnt wood and dirt. I've noticed perfumes with vetiver tend to smell like cigarette smoke on my skin. This might be appealing for some, but I have an intense hatred of cigarettes and anything smelling too much like smoke turns me off.

Magdalena79
Magdalena79

i agree with the previous review. not bad but i wouldn't buy it, neither for me, nor for my boyfriend, because there is Gucci for men, and there is Halston Couture and probably other perfumes it reminds me of but can't think of now.
for me it's nothing new, a familiar scent in a fancy bottle with a fancy name. i tried it from a vial and it didn't last long.

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

I've been a hunt for a spicy based cologne so I checked this one out. I really don't know how I feel about Dirty English... It's a good scent with it's herbal and spicy notes, but I dont think this will do the trick for me. Maybe if I smoked I would be able to appreciate this fragrance. I also think its overpriced. Like pmihova had said, someone mentioned it resembles Gucci. Why get this when Gucci is the same price and smells better, right?

pmihova
pmihova

I got it for my boyfriend after reading so many reviews. Someone mentioned some resemblance to Gucci pour homme. Not really. Gucci is a classy fragrance, more gourmand, delicious, rich.

Dirty English is casual, in a good way. I would not say that its overpowering, just the right potency to spray it in the morning and still smell it in the evening. It could be skin chemistry but I can feel it in the end of the day on my bf's neck.

The fragrance has a fresh note - not aquatic, but more like herbal fresh. I imagine this is how vetiver smells like. I cannot feel each note separately, they are just attractive and very manly blend, with a hint of delicate skin.

The bottle and package of the set - black leather box with velvet inside - are just amazing. Its easy to like and impressive to give as a present.

All in all - good job!

guest_Master Scents
guest_Master Scents

I have to agree with Slipcat on this one... Maybe it was a little too strong for me... I had a sample, tried it once, and was not happy with it at all. I don't know what it is, but there was something I did not like about it. There are way too many other better scents out there for me.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Such a interesting scent! Strongly heavy and slightly light at the same time. This Dirty English has it own cute character. While the outside is dirty, no string attached, the inside is really sensitive, full of feeling and totally calm. The bottle is manly, just like a wine bottle. I love it! I find Dirty English and Victor&Rolf's Antidot have similar basenotes. Try it if You dare.

slipcat
slipcat

I have been considering this cologne, but you really have to be careful with it. A little goes a long way and if you overdo it the leather takes over the scent and ruins it. I think I'll check out others, but I did receive a few positive comments when I was trying a tester. Problem is, one day it was "nice" and the next it was "too strong". Less is more is probably the best way to use this cologne.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I just tested this fragrance yesterday for the first time. It reminds me of Original by Comme des Garcon but a lighter version. The notes of cardamom, black pepper, cedar and sandalwood are what stands out for me.

Dirty English for Men by Juicy Couture 3.94 out of 5 based on 1070 ratings and 260 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Juicy Couture Dirty English for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Juicy Couture Dirty English for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dirty English for Men by Juicy Couture. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dirty English for Men by Juicy Couture represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.