Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Citizen Queen Juliette Has A Gun for women
dislike

leather
Citizen Queen Juliette Has A Gun for women Videos
Citizen Queen Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures Citizen Queen Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures

The third fragrance of the collection is introduced in April 2008. It is composed as chypre aldehyde with animalic dose.

The design continues the modern romantic saga on Shakespeare’s rebel, and the bottle is colored milky-white and with silver top. The motif of roses is unavoidable decoration on the bottle. This time the outer box is black with black bow on the top. It is available as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) EDP.

The nose behind this fragrance is Romano Ricci.

Rose iris Leather Amber Immortelle French labdanum Aldehydes Labdanum Bergamot Powdery Notes Musk resins

Ambre de Cabochard

Citizen Queen Fragrance Reviews

tulpe
tulpe

This is a nice classy, elegant perfume for powdery perfume loves. I have a sample, at first when I got it, didnt like it because of a noticeable blast of powder, which gave a big kick off. It took me about a year, when i was sorting mye samples, tried it once again, and then magic happened- took a small dab on my wrist, and chnged my mind! It is really nice composotion of powder, amber and leather, very longlasring on me. Base is beautiful, soft resins and leather. Recommend to give a try, start is quite complicated for those powder pessimists, but base is worth a wait!!
would really like to have about 30- 50 ml, though not more.

Duskfall
Duskfall

A vague image of Shalimar (or one of its flankers; I really can't recall...) seen through a massive dusty cloud of make-up powder. On me the leather is very prominent and there's some skankiness in the mix too. It doesn't smell downright bad, but for some reason it makes my stomach turn. I had the same reaction when I smelled Dior Homme Intense: way too much powder! Definitely not my style. I think Citizen Queen would be more suitable for a classic femme with a vintage dress, red lipstick and perfectly coiffed hair.

It has a moderate projection. I can't comment on the lasting power, though, because I have been unable to tolerate it long enough for a full wearing.

handprints425

Yep. She is going to be my signature. Sat down next to stranger "Hmm, you smell good." Making coffee @ local convenience store the other morning, 3 construction workers gathered, had to write it down for one to buy for his wife, store manager rushed over, smacked a pen and paper in front of me and said "please write down what you have on. I never smelled anything like that before." Its my local store and he also had same reaction with Coromandel. Many compliments with this one. I feel good with her and if she is a bit rebellious and outside the norm yet so very feminine, thats how I believe I am and how people perceive me. I knew I was a queen, as every woman is. So nice to find a perfume that displays your substance.

Lilypads
Lilypads

Ooooooooh I love this! Tried it today from a sample I bought. First spray - love it! Dry down - love it! The smell in my hair when I get in the shower - love it! Put it straight on after a shower - still love it! Can't really write much else at the moment as I'm too preoccupied sniffing myself! My first dabble with this perfumer - must try others

handprints425

I just got mine in the mail straight from juliette. Prefer to order direct from house. Feel more secure in authenticity and freshness. Im the perfume addict w no sense of smell but I used to have an excellent nose so I am looking forward to making this my signature.The notes are exactly what i have been looking for. Leather, makeup powder florals and amber. OMG. Its gettn hotter here in central pa but I dont care. We all live from air conditioned box to airconditioned box anyway. I will let you know the compliment percentage. I also own Mad Madame and it is noticable, which I want otherwise whats the use of wearing, and get many compliments. So even though I accuse central pa of being Pennsyltucky, there are quite a number of people that recognize quality and modern perfume art considering how many love Madame.

fabirss
fabirss

Dear jessbug, talking about crazy, that makes two of us, for I also feel like Citizen Queen is the twin sister of Love Chloé. The first spray made me feel a bit disappointed, for what I smelled was a harsh opening of leather – and only leather. But I’ve learned to give room to fragrances for them to develop, so after five minutes not paying attention to it I started to smell the most delicious powdery scent – a little more subtle - and a name came to my mind: “Love Chloé”. I’m so glad I gave Citizen Queen a try, for now I’ve found an interesting fragrance to replace the discontinued Love Chloé.

Edit: I'm madly in love with Citizen Queen!

butfly23
butfly23

This starts as leather, then a few minutes later all amber & a little powder.
The amber is so like Gres Ambre, which is wonderful, powerful long lasting scent.
Will give this a while to see if any other notes come out.

AlmalkiJeme
AlmalkiJeme

عطر بودري لذيذ
تطغي عليه رائحه سويت
مع لمسات خفيفه من الجلد

Marie_Anne
Marie_Anne

I so much loved the concept, the name, the packaging etc and I got soooo disappointed in the scent I was almost crying!!! Skin chemistry played a bad joke with me and this one - on my skin it is SOAP, SOAP, SOAP. For about 5 hours, it dries our but still smells of soap. Should not be a blind buy, be warned.

auroramaria

One of the most beautiful feminne fragrances on the market.It's sweet creamy and powdery with the most alluring leather note.It smells like nothing else out there.It is a very rich solid composition with enormous sillage and lasts for hours.If you love leather this is a must try.Unique

Le parfum c'est chic
Le parfum c'est chic

Un parfum crémeux, poudré et velouté. Old fashionned parce qu'il détonne complétement de ces contemporains.

MarikaKhodr
MarikaKhodr

Smooth, warm amber powder with a rose soapy feel from start to finish. This is really, really nice and suitable for any occasion, day and night. The leather is there but soft, clean and just perfect. I have tested most of the Juliet has a gun range and this is by far my favorite, second is Midnight oud. The performance is impeccable, last all day and then some. A true classic!

archivist
archivist

I have a hand-poured decant that came in a dabber so maybe I'm not getting the right impression of this based on that, but a drop on skin yielded such a cold and abrasive detergent odor that I felt like I'd just snorted powdered Tide.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

On my skin, it's the leathery version of Mariella Burani fragrance (the classic, with the roses on the cap): so I can smell powdery flowers, amber, a little bit of aldehydes and an interesting touch of leather, all blend together in a refined, grown-up powdery scent. Amazing staying power. Amazing fragrance as well!

Oh my god, this is so strong. It's great if you have a strong tolerance for strong scents.
I don't find it bad, but it's too intense for my nose.
Interesting for sure, there's iris and leather notes that make the scent. Also, powdery notes, rose and amber.
Everything is heightened in this perfume.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Oh this is SUCH a beauty. This is perfume love at it's strongest. This was the first JHAG perfume I smelled in a long line and it's the one that stuck out the most. I bought it within 2 days of smelling it!

Gorgeous lactonic qualities, with powder, rose...subtle leather and a cloud of comfort. It's one of those perfumes that makes me feel relaxed and evokes dreamy feelings.
There's a twinkle of something throwback here too.

I am reminded of a less dirty, and more modern version of Shalimar when I smell this which is always going to be a winner in my opinion. Soft, pillowy sillage and and wisps of milky leather. It really is just bloody gorgeous!! I never want this to be out of my collection...ever!

Winner!

nutpojjanapimol
nutpojjanapimol

I smell sweet vanilla on cow'excrement ..I cant see both of them in the note but I did smell it. The silage is heavy and the longivity is terribly powerful. I have to wash my wrist and spray other perfume to stop this smell. ... May be it is because of my skin but I cannot stand it. Thanks that I bought a tube not a bottle...
I really want to like but bug I cannot, so sad.

dkny27
dkny27

Almost gave this away... Whew!
The iris, leather, rose and powder... This is a classic, nostalgic fragrance with an updated vibe, and it's sexy as hell!
Marlene Dietrich, Mae West, Raquel Welch, Sophia Loren.... Women who'd rock this scent, saying "I'm a lady, but wait until I let you get to know me"...

pauroj
pauroj

leather and roses lovely , to me it doesn't remind me of putain des palace because putain smells so spicy and well human to my nose, while citizen queen smells more polished i like it if you like leather is worth trying .

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Got this today so here is my first impressions. Shalimar. Fizzy and leathery. Then it changed, and this took a steady few hours to something rosy and powdery then I kid you not it became a deadringer for scentstory 24 but obviously at a quarter of 24's strength. I've never known a scent start as a feminine and end completely masculine. Two for the price of one! Beautiful packaging also. It's a keeper

theberry33
theberry33

Gorgeous powdery leather! It has some soapiness to it,but a soapy smell lingering on skin,rather than just that plain squeeky cleanliness you sometimes get in fragrances.I would compare the feeling of wearing this one to the classic Chanel N.5.It is quite distinctive and very aristocratic,indeed suitable for a queen.
Very elegant and suitable for almost every occasion.
Love.

scented2014
scented2014

gorgeous, creamy and elegant powder with great longevity!

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

Powdery scents are often considered old-fashioned, but I was struck by how modern this smells. It smells almost soapy. I don't smell irises in particular but since they're a component of most of the perfumes I like, I'm not surprised.

turtle91
turtle91

This is so powdery it actually made me sneezed but I love the smell! This perfume sample made me interested in Juliette Has a Gun perfumes. Niche perfumes really smell great.

eaudemoi
eaudemoi

Powdery musky flowers, and I'm definitely getting a soft, tame leather. I like this a lot, will see if it turns to love!

One thing though - am I crazy, or is anyone else getting Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP and/or Idylle?

I'm working from memory on that one, but this definitely is ringing a bell.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Tried Lady Vengeance, Miss Charming, Romantina and Citizen Queen. The last was the only one I would want to buy. I seem to fall in love with aldehydic fumes and this is no exception. Right after the initial spray, I sense a sharp note but it doesn't make me sneeze or give me a headache. The other notes begin to make an appearance. The rose is there but the iris makes it exceptional for the powdery effect which I love (Prada Infusion d'Iris and I get along very well). The amber sweetens and the leather brings oomph. I have often heard praises about JHAG and finally found a retailer where I can sample. Since I am in search of a fume with smaller sillage but with longevity, I thought this might be the one. It has been 18hours ago since I last sprayed and I can still smell it on my arm. Very distinct and has held its floral notes. Unusual to my chemistry as I expected the amber and leather to stay. I still detect rose and leather though the sweetness from amber has faded. It now smells like freshly soaped clean skin and makes a lovely skin scent. Fits my requirements until I saw the price C$165. Hmm. Will ponder some more as my husband says he really likes this.

One spray on me
Sillage: hug circumference
Longevity: 18 hours so far but probably more
Rating: 4/5 but could go up

Daniela_Beatriz
Daniela_Beatriz

Leather and rose mixed in a very sexy concoction. I don't usually go for the leather note, but this one is pure magic - smells expensive and chic. I think this one is very unisex.

gabri11e
gabri11e

The concept behind the JHaG line (as a dedicated rose lover) really appealed to me. After giving the whole line a shot, this is the one I fell madly in love with.

Don't get me wrong, the first few sprays are loud, and can be tricky to get through. But what you're left with is a perfect rose and clean (almost soapy a times) leather blend that's intoxicating. I find the iris keeps things modern enough.

I find this is a perfect going-out scent, and love the added edge to it. It's feminine without being girly, and alternative without being crude. It demands attention without being onboxious (and only demands it from those who get close enough)

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

After ordering JHAG's sampler pack (It's a great deal and everyone should do it. Tell your mother I gave you permission.), I'm quite taken with the whole line. But this is the only fragrance from JHAG that I love from top to bottom and back again. I fell for it as soon as I sprayed it and have not been disappointed yet. Call me crazy, but something about it has a quality of the character and class of Chanel No. 5, except more modern and with a bit of sass and spice.

As a powder lover, the opening is fabulous. Somehow it manages to feel soapy and clean and rich and full and dark all at the same time. I'm usually leery of leather in fragrances, but it's seamlessly blended here. Wearing it, I don't smell like someone's new car. Same thing with the animalic aspect of it (even though it's not listed in the notes), it's tastefully done. There's just enough of an edge to make the wearer feel real and warm, but not unwashed.

It feels retro and modern at the same time, like Shalimar for Generation X. This would be a great scent for a ladylike rebel.

raw umber
raw umber

The dry powdery leather of Citizen Queen reminds me of Shalimar EdC, but the hint of Iris/ambery sweetness toward the dry down makes it more modern than Shalimar. The drydown is almost closer to Parfum Initial, but it is WAY less sweet and outspoken than P.I.. Something mineral in the leather smells almost like the saltiness of hot asphalt. Citizen Queen seems like an understated, narcotic, musky, true skin-scent. It highlights and compliments the natural scent of skin, and wears close to it. There is nothing overtly spicy or animalic about this leathery musk. It is very very gentle and intimate, but something about it reminds me of drugs. It's like a poison that tricks the body into summoning a heightened state of functioning. An aphrodisiac, perhaps? It makes me want to keep sniffing it all day long.
Thanks to 2746cstreet for my decant of this. She guessed that I would enjoy this one, and was she ever right!

My feeling is that if you own both Shalimar EdC, and Parfum Initial, it might not be necessary to own Citizen Queen in addition. However, if you liked the concept of either of those two but found them to be too sharp and petrol-like (EdC), or bubblegum sweet (P.I.) then Citizen Queen might be the perfect middle ground for you. It's like the best and possibly the sexiest of both worlds.

AthenaSmith
AthenaSmith

I have 7 JHAG perfumes, and Citizen Queen is my favorite of them all. It's a decisively powdery scent with rose and just a hint of leather; it fades to a lighter, sweeter version after several hours. Classy and sensual without being overbearing, it combines modern femininity with old-world elegance. Appropriate for both daytime and nighttime wear, with average staying power; may need a couple of refresher spritzes if you plan to be out and about the entire day.

auroramaria

I love CQ,it's such a special fragrance.
Ultra feminine with powdery iris rose and amber.
At some point it gets very powdery and musky.
Leather and rose give a touch of elegance to the scent.
It's quite heady so I use it mostly at night time.
It draws compliments all the time.
You must like powdery scents though

Planet_X
Planet_X

Interesting, softly-feminine and long-lasting fragrance. Leathery powder - is a new experience for me, its not trivial, not typically modern, immortelle and labdanum accords are very well shadowing the rose and the resins. By musky drydown reminds me For Her Rodrigues Eau de Parfum, but much nicer.

jessbug
jessbug

Okay, people might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I think Citizen Queen could be Chloe Love's older sister. She's the rebel of the family, the black sheep. She drives a motorcycle and wears a leather jacket, while the rest of her family wear pearls and cardigans. She's been brought up to be classy and demure, but she's fought to become her own woman, and in doing so she will probably have a greater chance at true happiness than her mother or sisters. CQ knows who she is, and doesn't really care whether you love or hate her.

Honestly, I'm in love with Citizen Queen. The femininity of the floral powder notes (that I associate with expensive make-up) and the more masculine smooth smokey leather work together so beautifully on this sensual warm amber base. It does need to calm down a bit after spraying it on, because it can be a bit overwhelming the first five minutes (I've never had a coughing fit over perfume before). But CQ is worth it for sure!

This, more than any other scent I own, makes me feel like a strong, beautiful, kick-ass woman. I've never lusted after a perfume as much as I did with Citizen Queen!

christianne1
christianne1

A labdanum lover's dream! This is chock full of labdanum, smells like the French labdanum used in Habanita L'Esprit (which smells nothing like the original Habanita btw). I like this WAY better than L'Esprit...but the labdanum note smells similar in the dry down and if you like CQ you should give L'Esprit a shot. A hefty dose of aldehydes gives this a throw back feel. It is almost like the love child of L'Esprit and Chanel No. 22. Citizen Queen is an old school meets modern fragrance. Lady meets street chic. Florals are minimal, you do not think "floral" fragrance. This is all about aldehydes, powder and sweetened - yet dry - animalic notes. I can see how CQ can be polarizing but for me it is LOVE. Sampled once and bought a full bottle the same day!

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

This is not going to be a long review. On my skin, it smells like old, old lady stuff as in.... I have had this perfume for the past 25 years in the sun. Old powdery amber with no saving grace. Nothing else. No iris, no rose, no nothing, but old lady amber. I know that Amber does not agree with my skin... But this is taking it to a new level. Awful.

This is interesting, it is a dry scent, and the animalistic edge is quite obvious in the top notes, so is the labdanum, then it morphs into a rose/leather combination, softer, more feminine, and in the end the drydown is nicely sweet...it has to my nose a goth aura, reminds me a bit of Black XS in the drydown..can't smell any similarity with baby shampoo!? It is rich, sensuous, a bit eccentric too...all in all, very feminine and bewitching!!

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I find Citizen Queen to be a rather non descript fragrance. The amber gives it an almost marzipan note that I don't find appealing. On me, not much silage and even less lasting power. Unlike other reviewers, I'm not getting any rose at all, and unfortunately the leather isn't evident either. A big thank you to Ambience for the sample - it's sad I don't love it.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this seems to start out as iris, leather and musk, amber and resins, which are a bunch of my favorite notes. there is something slightly sweet here, either resins or labdanum, i'm not sure. i smell the rose, but not very strongly as it seems to blend in to the other notes quite a bit. i think this is primarily and amber/resin scent after it's on my skin for about 5 minutes, and it smells very "womanly" to me.

i am really loving this, but if i smell it up close it's way more iris than rose, but if i waft it up from my arm, i get more of the rose. this is my first JHAG scent i've tried and i am happy with the results!

pravda48
pravda48

This scent is like a mood- it forms that wonderful bubble of fragrance world all my own around me like our favorites usually do.

This is exquisite. Not generally being a fan of powdery or vintage-style frags, this was a gamble for me. Since I love leather fragrances when not 'spicy' or rubbery I figured I'd give it a go and blind bought on ebay.

Well this is definitely a vintage-feeling scent. LOTS of leather on me, but also lots of makeup powder smell which I dig (iris, powder tones, some aldehydes). It really dries down (1 hour) to something beautiful, but very animalic at the heart (leather/amber/labdanum). Thus from a distance it's feminine and delicate w/ a dose of dirty. Up close it's... complex, warm, and powdery but dark.

It's challenging, to be sure. I definitely like it better from wafts I get vs sniffing it up close. I was afraid upon the first wearing (realizing how STRONG it is! Sillage/longevity are fantastic on me) that my bf would be offput by it and scrunch his nose at it. Actually both times I've worn it recently he's remarked "you smell really nice" and his comments are very genuine. BF test passed!

VERDICT: Vintage lady meets badass; a face powder poof, biker leather, and an almost spicy impression behind those 2, very well blended and very recognizable.
LASTING: great! Sillage moderate to heavy
FB worthy? For me, very much so. Very pleased!

ETA: traded my bottle only because dreaded styrax has become somewhat of a boggart to me. Not sure why, it tends to turn my stomach. Unless you have a styrax problem like I, still a great scent!

katushka37
katushka37

Citizen Queen on me is a glorious scent! I instantly feel dressed up when I wear it, just like adding a diamond rind or studs to your outfit.

To me the leather in this scent is cold with some metallic undertones. Rose and iris is well blended together and it is one of few fragrances with iris that I can wear. The aldehydes are very subtle and add a bit of a green note to the scent. Amber and labdanum deepen the scent making it a well-rounded composition.

It is definitely a queen of scents in my collection. It is sexy, but cold...a look-but-don't-touch perfume!

Citizen Queen can also change her mind as often as she pleases...sometimes it is a sillage bomb from just two sprays...other times it is a soft and powdery sexy skin scent. Nevertheless I always feel great when I wear it.

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

This is a melted plastic rose + sticky vanilla on me. I also get a boozy sweet menthol-like note, which reminds me of a drunk person’s alcohol-breath, and it is very unpleasant.

The leather is musty -- not a delicious dirty leather, not a smooth vintage Bugatti-leather, not a clean soft suede either (as you can see, I am a leather-lover) -- this is an old, cracked vinyl leather that hasn't been well taken care of and breaks apart into poofs of brown powder. The kind of cheap leather jacket that has been folded and creased in odd places and stuck in the back of the rack for three decades in the old vintage clothing shop...

2 hours into it, I get a faint peach skin. It is charming, but way too faint to be appreciated without burying my nose into my wrist.

Is it chemistry?? I so wanted to like this one! I thought JHAG house could do no wrong, as two of their fragrances are in heavy rotation for me. But this one is just sickly on me, I am very sorry to those of you who like it. :-(

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

JHAG perfumes must not agree with me. The opening accord of Citizen Queen is overwhelmingly sharp and metallic on my skin. I love aldehydes, but these seem particularly bitter and lasting. I get the leather note, but it's a bit of a dirty leather. I was hoping for something pretty, but this was no good on me.

Zaleska
Zaleska

@timeazsofia: You said exactly what I wanted to say about this one.
My favorite JHAG ever!
A perfume for a true lady!

hadassa

Animato, thanks! I would never notice it without your comment, but yes, this is true, CQ seems to contain silver dust in it, my skin sparkles right now after a couple of sprays... what a nice surprise! And, again, it smells so damn good!

MommyMaudlin
MommyMaudlin

Despite the strong name, this is a fairly light perfume. It's very wearable for those of us who work in an office during the day. On my skin the sillage is moderate. Not everyone can smell it, but those who do seem to like it. Oddly - and I'm telling my age here - the final drydown is very reminiscent of the original Colors De Benetton, although it's a bit more "grown-up." I guess I don't mind!

starvega
starvega

My third test from the JHAG sample set and I am just in love with this house. Strange, because I'm yet to find one I would wear regularly, but they smell so well-made and such good quality, I can't help but admire them.

This opens with soap, and talc straight up. If you enjoy something like Chanel No 5 I think this would be up your alley. The florals make an appearance after about 10mins and then the leather shows up, taking the squeaky clean edge off.

Sillage is decent, as it has been for all the JHAG scents I've tried so far. Very distinguished and classy!

Animato
Animato

But seriously.. does your skins shine too where you apply Citizen Queen? That is such a clever way for JHAG to make me like their perfume.. My arm sparkles! :D

amandaj1024
amandaj1024

I agree with scorpiosheep- I don't get much of anything with this perfume. It smelled nice and soft with a hint of roses when I applied it, but pretty much disappeared when it dried. A half hour later when I put my nose up to my wrists, they smell clean with a barely detectable trace of flowers. It had as much projection and longevity as scented soap or shower gel alone. I really was looking forward to the leather and musk but they both were lost on me.

mendwillie
mendwillie

That is Sensational!
Excellent blend of iris, leather and amber.
Me this develops fantastically, with a projection above average and excellent longevity. This is my Face.

I classify it thus:
Smell: 9.5/10
Projection: 9/10

StarAtlas
StarAtlas

I just received my sample from lucky scent and I am unpleasantly surprised. I'm not sure why, but any scent like this says "old lady" to me. Not as in age, really. Just old perfume. I get the leather, which I was really looking forward to but I think it may be the aldehydes that are throwing it off for me. Not to mention that even though patchouli wasn't listed here as a note, it is mentioned in the description at lucky scent. I hate anything with patchouli. I know hate is a strong word, but there it is. It's very light, but it's there.
I realized that this was a very familiar scent to me. When I was 8 or 9 (1989) I was already into perfumes and makeup and all girly things. So for Christmas around that time someone gave me this Avon gift set. I'm not sure what it was called but it was some limited edition for the season - a teddy bear bottle of perfume that had a red or green foil cap. It sat beside all my other little bottles - Tinkerbelle and SweetSea, 22ml bottles of Oscar de la Renta and YSL Paris that were my moms' friends throw offs, a bottle of Charlie and Chloe Narcisse. Out of all of those, the teddy bear never got any love from me. It ended up going sour because I hated to throw ANY perfume away and it just collected dust until I finally threw it away as a young teenager. Citizen Queen reminds me of the old teddy bear. I don't hate the smell, really. But it does make me sad in a nostalgic sort of way. Definitely not my style.

Guccilover
Guccilover

I bought a sample and i love it. It is very similar to Chanel 31 Rue cambon . I like it a lot . This one will be my next purchase.

yunvme
yunvme

This one was a total surprise. Not one I was expecting to like
I don't just like it, I LOVE IT.
As the days wears on it gets even more lovely on me.
A scent that seems to stay close, but still has good projection but does not offend.
So unique and lovely I am getting stopped more than any other fragrance!
A perfume that really seems to divide people in reviews.
Seems to be a scent that either works really well or people hate it on.
For me this is a keeper.
A floral for the non floral lover. I gravitate toward Orientals Gourmands and Chypres.
Very feminine.
I agree with the reference to a scent that reminds me of a grown up Johnson's Baby Shampoo :)
I really can not tolerate Iris and is usually a killer for me. In this it is perfect.
The best floral I have ever smelled.
This is the first perfume that I can not really pick out one note, it blends into a scent that is all its own.

cheekyberd
cheekyberd

This is one of the JHAG range that smells good even when its really hot and sunny. The fruity powdery top with a slightly amber base means it's not too heady and resinous. That's not to say it doesn't linger, because it does. It smells delicious and good enough to eat. Lovely!

ranchorita
ranchorita

Powder keg. Others here say this smells different to them every time, but I always get a blast of powder in the beginning and persisting until many hours later. Aldehydes out the wazoo. I would rarely call anything a safe blind buy, but if you love aldehydes and powder with a slight edge of funk, this Queen is your man.

atiet97
atiet97

Been talking to myself for almost 2 weeks now...."Dang! This smells so familar...something that I like so much, but couldn't remember the name," It's that similar iris, continuously haunting.... day and night.

Then, I just remembered!!
"Eureka! It's the intense version of SHIL (Shalimar Initial L'Eau)"....feel so happy and I can sleep tight tonite.
Love you Iris!

The end.

Wemano
Wemano

My first review I believe...
2 days ago I received my long wished bottle of Citizen Queen. Only tried it once before, but couldn't get it out of my head. Now it is finally mine :-)

Yesterday tried it the first time to work, so didn't want to 'overspray' it. Just one spray above my head was enough to get me through the day and leave a lovely trail behind me!
Because I was so happy with it I sprayed 2 times this morning... In the beginning it was really lovely, but later on it became to strong I believe. I could smell it really strong myself so don't know if it was to strong for the people around me, althoug nobody said anything. But this was 9 hours after applying, so you can't say it doesn't have staying power.
Meaby it also depends on the warmth of your skin, so dependable on the weather it will change.
So tomorrow I'm going to stay at 1 spray and it will be lovely!
Hope to enjoy this special scent for a long time!

antfarm
antfarm

I agree with hadassa below. This is different on me every time I've tried it too.

Sometimes it's a transparent, salty chypre...other times it smells like Sweet Tarts candy...and on other occasions it is a powdery iris-leather.

hadassa

I'm not sure if I can review Citizen Queen properly since it always is a new perfume every time I put it on my skin. To own CQ is like having ten different perfumes (in one bottle). Every time I spray it I don't know what to expect, - what will happen this time? However, almost every time it's a more than pleasant experience.

One day, while being enamored with LV, LVE and Midnight Oud, I decided to try this perfume too. And all I could say back then was "well, next". CQ worked just like some boring powder on my skin, I don't know why. Just powder and some leather. Nothing interesting, no rose whatsoever.

However, I kept the sample and tried again later. And wow, next time it worked. I got the most beautiful iris/rose combination, smooth leather, and invigorating aldehydes. I got hooked and started to wear it every day. And every day it has been something new.

One day it works as a leather perfume, bold and strong, another day it is the most sweet, sexy, fluffy powdery iris, next day it's a dewy rose, innocent and intoxicating, and so on. How can it be possible?

My favourite variation of CQ is "smells like my skin, but better". My husband even cannot tell if I am perfumed or not when CQ works this way.

If you are interested in a perfume which will play with you, try this.

In five words: versatile, refined, powdery, leathery, chic.

fpih
fpih

Tons of musk, a lot of powdered iris, some rose and a fair share of aldehydes, seem to be the basis of the perfume for me. I can't detect any leather and I'm truly surprised so many people do.

Someone said this smells like Johnson's Baby Shampoo and I believe that's the most accurate description I've read so far. I don't mean to say I don't like it; Citizen Queen is an elegant, feminine but also comforting musky, powdery scent with very long lasting power and excellent sillage.

The first hour of Citizen Queen on my skin is quite different to what it smells a couple of hours later, so if you don't like the opening (I don't), give it some time for the powder & musk to develop and for the aldehydes to fade away. It becomes quite comforting later and a very elegant, feminine scent in a mature (not old lady but not a young lady either; think Maria Menunos, Scarlett Johansson or Carrie Bradshaw) way. It's a scent for every season IMO, best saved for -but not restricted to- elegant/chic dresscode.

If you want something classy and elegant, this is a great choice with its somewhat retro style. This will probably never be a HG for me, but I enjoy its many faces and different aspects as every day I'm wearing it, I never know if it's gonna be the powder, the aldehydes, the rose or the musk that will stand out each time; after wearing it constantly for 2 weeks, I still don't know what to expect every morning.

Update: This perfume appears to be getting me more compliments than any other fragrance I own! The sillage is impressive as it turns out and it's sophisticated and easy to wear at the same time even if IMO there's definitely something animalic to it. Still dislike the opening though which is very hairspray-style, but so many people have complimented on how soapy and clean/fresh it smells on me, that I'm more than willing to put up with the initial 10'-20':)

lapurrla

Citizen Queen has shown me her regal side in the warmer weather. Have you scanned these reviews? You'd think we were all testing different perfumes. Today Queen is rich and sweet and voluptuous, a little intoxicating.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

to me the aldehyde is quite strong. On a warm day it's all sexy, smooth, musky, rosy. But on a cold day like today, i get quite a strong aldehydic rose with some iris and labdanum. Very dry. It is as many have said before me, a modern-classic scent. If I was blind-smelling this, I would think it is vintage... maybe from the 30s?

This behaves completely different on my skin depending if the weather is warm or cold.

It is not without reminding me of guerlain shalimar parfum initial l'eau with its softness and iris note.

to me the immediate drydown is extremely soapy. Like those nice triple milled lavender soaps I have at home.

After a few hours of wearing it it transforms into the most beautiful amber-musky scent.

Galya
Galya

absolutly (but expensive!) clon of Tocade rochas
Ha-ha-ha,I don't believe,really! Are you kidding me,Juliette???

timeazsofia
timeazsofia

Citizen Queen is a very refined, creamy, soapy, leathery iris fragrance IMHO.

The aldehyds give this parfum some retro or vintage feeling, which I really love.
The drydown is beautifully powdery. Sillage and longevity are both excellent.

I think Citizen Queen is good for all year, at any kind of weather, (even the very hot summer days). One of my favorites :)

Baldric
Baldric

This smells like peaches to me, am I crazy? I don't really get any leather either, hmmm. It is beautiful and well crafted nonetheless. I tend to not like aldehydes but this I can get behind. It has so many layers that I get a kick out of testing it on one arm with another scent on my other arm. Right now it is getting bullied by the much more assertive Tauer's une rose chypree (didn't really stand a chance). I think next I will compare it to mitsouko and see if it really is as peachy as I suspect.

To summarize, I like this a lot and am enjoying my sample but I plan on using my credit from my JHAG sample pack for a different scent.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

I love and hate this perfume. Simply because it's just too perfect of a scent that I dont feel quite right wearing it.

It's the perfect mixture of rose (maybe a touch of violet), iris, patchouli, vanilla leather, and just the slightest touch of amber and spice.

I'm thinking something called ''citizen'' ...queen, should not be so perfect, but more rough around the edges, not so sweet and full bodied. This is for the regal court. I can most definently see queen Elizabeth wearing this.

And it's just so heavy the only time that maybe I would personally wear this is in the cold of windter and I imagine myself wearing a full length fur coat, of which I would never do. Gorgeous, extreemly high quality and well executed, possibly in the top 5 perfumes of recent days.....just not for me.

Sad too, have a full bottle

For me, this is similar to Guerlain's Samsara edp, only less violet.. heavier, and well just more perfect

Sillage is more than moderate, and the longevity is possibly two days

A must have, I think for any serious perfumanista, or any aspiring perfumanista! :)

I'm not a perfumanista. I just love perfume and looking for the perfect (or rather not so perfect) few for me!

I suppose that with the addition of leather that the nose was going for that ''rough around the edges'' type queen. But I don't find this leather to be 'dirty', I find it to hbe more of a suede, soft , fuzzy, no hard leather, like habitina. Now I could see though, how someone younger might interpurate this as a dirty leather. I myself probably would have 15 yrs ago

I want to add how pleased I am with this house, the notes are all obviously of such high quality. This is true perfumery. Something we all should experience. Every single perfume from JHAG is quite exceptional. Even the younger 'Miss Charming' the rose is just outstanding, beautiful...not commonly found

I think the key with Citizen Queen is applying with a very light hand. What a superb value.. A full size bottle would last anyone a very long time. I'm growing quite fond of my CQ .. and am proud to have her in my humble collection

BTW Midnight Oud is my favorite from the house. If you love iris and patchouli, I suggest trying Calamity J.. If you are looking for a very realistic dark red rose - Lady Vengance. And if you are looking for a dirty patchouli rose... then vengene extreme

OZ
OZ

I liked it, after a few wearing, I have to say I started to dislike it.
It opens nice a sweet then turns dark musky, harsh and pungent to my nose (similar to baby powder but so much worse). It then dries into a dry and harsh powdery scent. Not for me.

Singabera
Singabera

After 2 weeks regular usage I can say - for now I fell in love with it)
Really O don't know why - I can not separate the specific notes, it smells different each time, each time I wear it I find sometning else - retro aldehydes, leather, roses, powder...
It's transparent, very feminine, suits to each and every occasion.

glitterstar181
glitterstar181

Love it when initially sprayed. However, the dry down is a lot like Angel on my skin.

iritkaiaa120
iritkaiaa120

I agree 100% with Starlight_Angel.
It opens up with a very complex elegant scent and ends up in 1/2 an hour with ordinary palmolive soap. I would recommend this smell to a teenage girl.
Clean, soapy, nice smell.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Citizen Queen seems to be a fragrance with a slightly split personality.

In the opening, CQ is very animalic. It opens with a dirty leather, very raw and primal smelling. There is also a metallic steely coldness alongside this which compliments the rawness of the leather very well.

However, after a little while, the fragrance quietens down, and sweetens up.

What comes next and lasts for the duration of the perfume, is straight up baby powder.

Very sweet powdery rose is all I get from the dry down, and the initial animalic scent has completely dissipated by this point.

While it's very pleasant smelling and it has great longevity and awesome sillage, I just can't help but feel that it lacks a little depth and complexity.

This is one for lovers of sweet, powdery fragrances, but are not afraid of a little initial dirtiness in their scents.

It's nice enough, but right now it's not for me.

Migotka
Migotka

Quite a surprise for me... The first time I tried it, I thought it smelled like a not-so-appealing soap. Now, I still think there is some soapiness about it, but at the same time, not overpowering. I guess it can go either way depending on the season.

The whole scent is leathery with a lot of iris. Despite the animalistic feeling, it definitely feels quite cosy and warm and inviting! I really enjoyed wearing it today, although not sure about getting a whole bottle.

As it develops, you can see it getting more powdery, with the rose being a bit stronger, but it stays a beautiful animalistic, leathery iris all the way through.

bacall
bacall

Sweet albeit powdery, regal albeit young. At times i catch the aroma on myself and am a little overwhelmed. However, when my boyfriend wears (he sprays ever-so lightly) it, and gets close or passes by, the smell is so incredible! In short, this perfume, despite it's split personality, should be placed right up there with the best of the best perfumes ever created.

VetiverKisses
VetiverKisses

I'm not sure I get any of the main accords at all. On me, Citizen Queen is pure (and strong, long-lasting) sweetness. It smells like the perfume Marie Antoinette would have worn had it already been invented in her lifetime. It's too sweet, perhaps, but that makes it interesting.

kris919
kris919

Don't be fooled by that leather glove pic in the main accord notes. The people who voted that leather was the main note, must've had splinters in the windmills of their minds. This is a powdery floral musk, and it most defintely reminds me of another perfume I've tried and disliked, and it's been bugging me all day. But nevertheless...it doesnt matter. The facts are: sillage is good, it follows you well. Many people will like this, it's not horrid. It's a little baby powder-like. pleasant enough. It's a safe non-threatening floral. The real main accord of this perfume is iris, 2nd would be musk. But for me..this is yet another so-called "leather perfume" disappointment.

UPDATE: I finally figured out the perfume it reminds me of. It's almost a dead ringer for Lovely - Sarah Jessica Parker. If you like that or Narisco Rodriguez, you'll like Citizen Queen. I just don't. C'est la vie!

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

An overwhelming flowers when sprayed, but after an hour you can feel something gentle, which reminds me Narcisso Rodrigues or some Angel Schlesser scents.

beatrix75

i have now and iam happy!citizen queen its powdery creamy floral frag smell a deep rose,violet skin ,soft musk ,clean smell too everithing its perfect very long lastin litlebit sweet but not "that"sweet 1absolut vorth the money its expensive but i must have frag elegant ,and amazed me!

beatrix75

o best smell ever!very long lasting frag i must buy but i dont know were exist!

iivanita
iivanita

i believe this is like 3rd time luck, after miss charming and lady vengenace, this one came the 3rd in a row and it is the most sophisticated of all of them, it has longevity, it smells different then anything esle and its modern and addictive.i suppose their bestseller :)

Lorenna
Lorenna

10 / 10 From all points of view! I strongly recommend it!

iill1986
iill1986

This my first niche perfume- is disposed towards me very near.
It's an exceptionally subtle, elegant, infinitely clear, natural fragrance. Rosy, feminine, a little bit powdered fineness.
My signature scent- for me the best one :-)

sillage: 10/10
longevity: 10/10

On my skin, CITIZEN QUEEN opens rather unpleasantly, with a somewhat stinky, rank quality similar to what I imagine would be the scent of a person who went camping for a few days with no access to running water and decided to "freshen up" with some talcum powder and breath mints.

The drydown of this perfume smells quite nice, smooth and almost ambery, and the unpleasant animalic quality has dissipated (along with the hygienic deodorant masking aids). My impression from the other reviewers' comments is that this is one of those compositions where skin chemistry places a big role.

Not for me, but might be great (and apparently it is...) on the right person.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

omg I have this and queen latifa's 'queen of hearts' and they are nearly identical.. doing side by side test.... while initially queen of hearts has a bit of dark blackery hint... the dry downs are very similar, will report back (this is a little upsetting considering queens is far cheaper hoping to find a big difference here)

One difference I notice is the cinnamon thta's in queen of hearts that's not in citizen queen.. also the aldaydes in citizen queen compared to the smokey inscence of queen latifa's

The Silage of Citizen queen is far better, I'm hoping longevity is better as well, will report back

And there is a citrus note in queen latifas that's very minimal... that I find similar to Citizen queen, thereis a slight difference in flowers perhaps one gives off a bit of a citrus smell

LOL.. just watched the video, and I have to say it's definently one of my favorite perfume commercials x)

ok went to sleep, woke up the 'Citizen Queen' I can still smell at this point in only somewht resembles narciso rodriguez for her, gorgeous really can still smell just lighter, but definently still quite there, The other, Queen Latifas 'Queen of herts seems to be long gone' I'd say without a doubt that Juliette Has a Guns 'Citizen Queen lasts a good 8-10 hours on my skin which is unheard of for any edp on my skin. Usually I need pure perfume to pull that off. Also I am no supernose, but I swear the ingreedients or notes in C.Q. are far higher than LAtifas .... while latifas is still lovely I am more likely to use that for more casual staying home or for work if I wanted to save my C. Q.

update: I dont want to confuse anyone. Citizen Queen and Queen of hearts are far from a match, but they definently have similarities.. If you cant afford Citizen Queen, I do believe that Queen of hearts is definently a nice and much cheaper alternative. But in a sense you get what you pay for, although Queen of hearts you do get a bit more for your money

---Update ---
I know I've been doing alot of comparing to Queen Latifa's but really what this is, is a modern interpratation of the Classic Chanel 19

susset
susset

this perfume reminds me about: YSL Rive Gauche which i was wearing in the 70`es when i was young but i must admit that this Juliette is more complete with its fruitnotes...really an amazing perfume

Dj_play_manson
Dj_play_manson

Amazing scent!!!

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

I never thought I'd love a perfume with prominent aldehydes... but this is different. It's classic yet modern, multifaceted and yet so smooth. Really great fragrance for winter, and it has great staying power.
I also have to tell you, I work as a casino dealer and the other night one of the poker players complimented me and said I smelled so good when I was wearing this and asked me what it was. That's never happened before!

swedeangel
swedeangel

A very beautiful and classic scent,a chypre with aldehydes that reminds very much of chanel no 5 and other scents in that school,the oldfashioned school of perfumes.
Its unevidedable to not draw paralelles to them,but dont get me wrong - if those can smell a bit old lady like and be quite hard to wear,this isnt like that!
They took the classical ingerdients,and made the formula light and with a discrete twist of bubblegum hardly there to notice - that makes it a young and fresh scent as well as classical!
Aldehydes and rose is most prominent.

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

On me: Aldehydes, Johnson's Baby Shampoo Original, powdery iris,dusty rose, creamy, leathery & spicy amber. Feels very retro and ladylike to me. My comfort scent during rainy days, I love it! The whiff of this fume sometimes does remind me of Kenzo Amour from its creaminess aspect. Sillage wise :huge Staying Power: Very Good

nonnative
nonnative

The black and white video starts very nicely with a urban dark lady out of the underground. It describes well the idea of mistery that CQ conveys to my nose.But the end of the video ruins the poetry. Sensual gestures don't fit with the image of a strong, bold lady. As well as the rich leather of the opening doesn't fit with the cheap detergent of the background. Bad result for a good initial idea. What a pity.
Many reviewers said the staying power is good. On me no more than 5 minutes.

pumpkinqueen
pumpkinqueen

Didnt work on my skin (all you could smell was leather) but on my mother it smells divine!!!! The rose combined with the leather morph into a more wearable 'Flowerbomb'-type sweet scent. Its so unique.. something you have to try out and spritz on your skin at least once.

May not have worked on me but props to Juliette Has A Gun as the perfumes are all very unique and packaged beautifully!!!!!!!

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

First fragrance I've picked up from my Juliette Has a Gun discovery kit.

It is somehow true what Romano Ricci says about his third creation: "impossile to describe". It is, almost.
Citizen Queen is one of those scents you only have to feel, without trying to dissection its phases or detecting notes and similarities: what you get is a really sophisticated and feminine aura from the beginning to the end, with a prominent leather note continuosly evolving and developing into powdery floral nuances and ambery hints. Maybe there's also a bit of pine resin, rose incense and honey here and there... and echoes of precious soaps on the background.
Sillage and longevity are excellent: this is not what I would define an extremely strong or aggressive scent, but its projection is noticeable all the time and I can smell it after 12 hours on me.

- The more I smell my wrists, the more I'm carried to images of a XIX Century young noble woman in her room.. she wears a velvet dress, a pair of purple gloves and an iris perfume, and she's reading a book. Alone with herself, serene and radiant -

Citizen Queen definitely provides the wearer with a mysterious and unique elegance, with a touch of seriousness. I've tried to connect this scent to something dark, intimidating or even dangerous (as suggested by the ad)... but this is not what I personally get from this scent. For sure I would recommend it to introspective and artistic personalities, maybe with a slight gothic mood and style.

She is not a gloomy Queen at all, but neither a sunny lady. She is simply what she is.

Catnip
Catnip

This is perhaps the most interesting fragrance from this house. The rose immediately merges with the leather, and it offers just the right touch of sweetness. As the fragrance develops, it gradually becomes softer. The rose is dusty, with a slight nuance of smokiness accompanying it. I am not sure whether incense is listed officially, but it seems that I smell some. This is a fairly dry, moderately dark fragrance, which would be more suitable for the evening hours.

I have been looking for a rose fragrance, and the rose is certainly here, but it is not occupying the center stage. Instead, Citizen Queen is keen on telling another story. The name is an oxymoron, of course, but if this is a queen, well, she might have just come back from hunting, having ridden her favorite horse. Perhaps there was a picnic, and she was sitting close to a smoky fire, as the hints of the smoke and her leather saddle mingled with her rose perfume. On the other hand, “Citizen Queen” may easily represent the idea that any woman could be powerful in her own right.

However one chooses to interpret the name of the fragrance, the wearer of Citizen Queen will likely make a daring statement. I admit it is too powerful for me, especially now in the warmer weather. I will have to try it again as a winter fragrance.

I found this too strong and masculine on me. I didn't find rose in it much. There is more rose in "Miss Charming", I think. Citizen Queen is too musty for me.

milkyway
milkyway

WHAT is going on in that video??...seriously..the juice is divine..i find it hard to differentiate between all JHG perfumes though, they all seem to smell quite alike to me..lovely but similar

lapurrla

This is my idea of a ladylike perfume. A powdery rose but as it develops the soapiness becomes a little much for me. Too much rose for me to consider wearing this.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A rather sickly powdery rose fragrance, which can be rather cloying. On the plus side, it's very long-lasting.

emufrep
emufrep

It's so amazing when it's sat down on my skin

Yamba1
Yamba1

I purchased the JHAG samples earlier this year. As it was (and still is) my new years resolution to slow down my collecting and purchase only fragrances I absolutely LOVE, I was fairly sure the JHAG sample pack would be just a pleasant exploration of the house, nothing more. Citizen Queen was one of the first I tried in the pack, and my initial reaction was OK but nothing special. It was only upon second testing when after generous application in the morning, the true beauty of CQ came to light. This was a hot, humid summer day, and the perfume stayed with me til late in the day.
I have not experienced the powder or Chanel No 5 vibe that others have documented. Rather, this is predominately a rose drenched in amber. Throughout the day, the leather and labdanum come through, to achieve a soft animalic sexy yet romantic feel.
I immediately bought a FB...I definitely love this!
It gives me so much joy at the moment and when I wear it I feel confident,sexy and in control.

Perfection!

PS Forgot to mention- the black velvet box is just stunning!

truffles
truffles

Very retro. Powder and hairspray. This brings to my mind ladies with very tall hair. Whether ladies of the 60s with their lacquered beehives, or myself in the 80s trying to perfect my gravity defying goth hairdo.Chanel no 5, as mentioned by another reviewer here, sprang to my mind too. This scent speaks of sophistication.
This is the 4th of the JHAS samples I have tried and to me, it smells the most synthetic so far. No rose evident like with the other three. I like it!
Update: Erm, I've changed my mind, liked the top notes but not really me this one... not a keeper...

scentous
scentous

rose leather and powder, amazing fragrance..easily can be a signature scent..soft and classy..I feel like I am wearing it like a cloth or a soft blanket all over me..I feel like it is not the perfume but "me" smelling..it was a blind buy according to the reviews and yes shoot straight, this is my dream perfume..

Cereza
Cereza

I didn't enjoy this.
It opened weirdly with smell which resembled for me Johnson&Johnson baby shampoo with loads of chamomille? I know it's not listed, but somehow I got that at the opening, there were no rose or anything else, after a while iris appeared, but it was very distant the same as leather which only appears on my skin for some minutes and then fades away leaving me with powdery iris and some burnt note which is just not working good on me.

delphine67
delphine67

I have orderd the sample kit from Julliette coz I whas intriged by the scent descriptions and made me wanna try them.
CQ smells after aplying on skin a bit like number5 from Chanel. The same chypre. But when it settels it getting warmer and I start to smell the leather and the powdery iris. I really like this one. Its a nice and warm scent that gives a cozy feeling

sofiii
sofiii

Citizen Queen starts powdery, a little bit cold and distant, modern dewy rosy chypre, with intoxicating vibe in a less loud, but strong and elegant. Weird enough, it reminds me of Shalimar, not exactly the smell, but the kind of delicate grace and elegance. If Shalimar and Citizen Queen were the same species, then Shalimar must be the golden version standing against velvet background, and Citizen Queen is blue, with some dim mysterious grey smoky colour on the background.

I enjoy the top notes a lot, however, Citizen Queen warms up quickly to something less intriguing, more powdery, flatter, and warmer. At this stage, it’s more like a modern oriental with a pinch of baby powder and a little bit of sensual musk. If it could stay like this, I would be much happier. The disappointing thing to me is, Citizen Queen goes flatter and warmer, I find it a little bit too beige/brown/warm skin/expensive handbag. However, it’s quite a good soft leather smell for those who don’t like the ‘real’ leather type of leathery notes that much.

Later on, Citizen Queen dries down to something warmer, and sweeter with a little bit iris cold powder to balance it out. I love this stage a lot, the dry down is so far the best powdery smell I’ve every smelt from a perfume, it’s well balanced, and I feel comfortable, confident and happy when smelling it (in comparison with Kenzo Flowder, KF’s powder smell has something cold and sad in it; Harajuku Lovers’ Baby, Baby has a little bit something too transparent and a little bit sweet synthetic in it).

I love the opening and the ending of Citizen Queen a lot, however, the middle notes are too flat to match the other two lovely phase. Good news is the middle stage doesn’t last too long, at most 1.5hours on me. I still recommend anyone, who’s interested in powdery comfy and still elegant and sexy perfume, give CQ a try!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This is the first perfume that I’ve tried from this line, and so far I’m favorably impressed. CQ starts out as a moderately aggressive mixed aldehydic floral with notes of lily of the valley and rose, but quickly mellows out into a powdery rose with musky undertones and a hint of sandalwood. It really doesn't seem leathery to me, not animalic leather anyway, but I can see how some might perceive the powdery iris note that way. This is a beautiful, warm, extremely sensual fragrance that provides a subtle but pervasive sillage throughout the day. It’s one of those perfumes that are easy to wear because they feel like a natural part of me, not something foreign that’s been added on. A definite thumbs up!

arianperfume
arianperfume

Very sexy indeed, I like this one very much. Tried it on skin and the beginning was lots of aldehydes and some roses, but 30 min after smelled like hot hot skin, like a skin natural aroma after half an hour in the summer sun, on the beach,.... makes me imagine things:)))+ soft caressing suede leather, so smooth I could eat myself:)
Elegant and sexy in same time. FBW !!!
Wore this yesterday and today and work colleagues( girls) complimented me, sensual and fresh in the same time, nice, ha???!!!

NatWeb
NatWeb

Baby powder. And nothing else. It's not to say it isn't nice or charming in its own way but the powder note was so strong on me I didn't pick up any other notes. I guess this is what the shadow of Agent Provocateur smells like so maybe this is a good second choice if you can't take the strength of AP.

mymlan
mymlan

Citizen Queen is a stunning rose fragrance with a grand aura of the softest leather and powdery iris notes. CQ lacks the rose's usual sourness in the topnotes. Instead I find it dark, with the same mote of melancholy that I also find in Paco Rabannes Calandre (although the similarities ends just there).

Citizen Queen is the fragrant image of a beautiful woman (around the 1910-20's) dabbing her warm body with rose body powder before settling in her silk sheet made four poster bed.

An utterly sensual fragrance with a great sillage and longevity.

Kterhark
Kterhark

(Second Review)
I'm creating a second review because I've now worn this more often and can be a bit more descriptive.

This scent is a garden of soft, powdery iris. The garden is tended by a woman wearing sheepskin gloves, which have been left in the sun too often and have taken on the faint scent of tanned leather.

It's morning in the garden, so the gloves are covered in dew and emanate an earthy, ambery sweetness. Rose is present, but it is too early for her to make much of a presence. Resinous, woody labdanum reinforces the amber and leather notes, securing this fragrance as a scent you could easily wear to feel close to nature, close to beauty, close to your sensuality.

I'm very interested in testing this series of Juliette has a gun and by now I only fell for Lady Vengeance. This Citizen Queen is very nice-smelling, but to be honest it smells like an upscaled concentrated version of Baby Shampoo Johnson's the yellow one. I couldn' pick up a single note, because it's all blended up in a single smell. I'll try this again anyway.
The bottle is stunning. I can imagine Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt pouring expensive baby shampoo from a silver bottle on their team of children's heads and rubbing in a tub made of fine marble.

Tarya
Tarya

This wraps around me the most pleasant way.This is soft and feminine, almost romantic. Lolita Lempica is too sweet for me, this might be just perfect. Enjoyable.

guest_al
guest_al

this fragrance is absolutely amazing!
It is charming, sexy, comforting and different. worth every penny!

guest_myrth
guest_myrth

This perfume is a masterpiece. Very refined creation.
SSSSS -soapy, spicy, sexy, subtle, sensual.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Very beautiful romantic perfume- it reminds me more sensual Rumeur. It has also inviting creaminess that gives something tender as well. I will try it on my skin next time, it's very beautiful.
Not loudly sexy in my opinion, but mysterious and romantic.

essija
essija

In the beginning this reminded me of lolita lempicka, but not so much after being on my skin. A very Soft musk, and so far Juliette has a gun amazes me, this is I can do! It's a soft spoken rose/iris/leather scent. Definatley worth trying. Simple yet a bit sexy at the same time. Could wear this to work too.

Mals86
Mals86

This is the first of the Juliette Has a Gun fragrances I've tried. I dabbed it on from a sample vial at work - and had I known how animalic it was, I wouldn't have tried it at work!!

It does start with aldehydes (may be the "metallic/acid" notes Juliette describes below), but very quickly moves to what I swear is violets, even though that's not a note listed here. From there, I smell a deep, translucent rose, and a powdery-calm iris. And then I smell skin - naked woman skin! This may be the leather note, but it doesn't smell like the leather notes I have encountered before. It simply smells like warm, naked skin that has not been bathed in a few days. I don't smell sweat or dirty underwear; it is a "clean skin" scent. Later, the amber and labdanum continue to warm the scent. Through all of this, the rose continues to hold sway in a transparent way.

I am a bit puzzled by the chypre designation. Citizen Queen doesn't remind me of other chypres at all - if anything, it reminds me of florientals like Ormonde Jayne Ta'if and Czech and Speake's Dark Rose.

If you'll read my profile, you'll note that I usually avoid animalic, or "skanky" scents. I'll break that rule for this one: it's beautiful, sensual, and makes me feel very sexy.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Juliette Has A Gun Citizen Queen, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Citizen Queen by Juliette Has A Gun represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.