Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Lady Vengeance Juliette Has A Gun for women

Lady Vengeance Juliette Has A Gun for women
dislike

I have it: 675 I had it: 196 I want it: 672 My signature: 24

Lady Vengeance Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures Lady Vengeance Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures Lady Vengeance Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures Lady Vengeance Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures Lady Vengeance Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures

As said in ads, in this collection 'Rock meets romance'. The collection is inspired by modernized version of Shakespeare. The creator of Miss Charming and Lady Vengeance is Romano Ricci of A&R Parfums, the great grandson of legendary couture designer Nina Ricci. For this enterprise he engaged a renowned perfumer Francis Kurkdjian.

The fragrance features Italian rose, vanilla and patchouli. It is captured in a bottle designed by Sylvie de France, in sizes 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) and 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.). It was created in 2006.

Bergamot Lavender

Rose Musc

Lady Vengeance Fragrance Reviews

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

I just blind purchased this and I like it from first spray. Now to be clear, I have a large number of fragrances and I am not nose blind to anything because I rarely wear any fragrance (or two very similar fragrances) more than two days an a row before I need to change it up. In that regard, I can't really have a signature.

So first blast I smell rose, Iso-E, lavender, musk and vanilla all at once. To me the patchouli is present and noticeable but I wouldn't really even call this a true "patchouli rose" because the other above mentioned notes are more prominent to me. There is NO Spearmint (or mint, I think they meant lavender) and no industrial cleaner to it at all...if so I want to know what industrial cleaner they use so I can buy some.

The experience of this to me is interesting and that makes the reviews interesting because anyone who doesn't understand or recognize what Iso-E is all about is going to be all over the board trying to figure out what they are smelling. It's a weird, light almost feathery? type of smell that kind of tickles at your nose. It's synthetic, but not in a bad way. It mixes extremely well with the rose, vanilla and musk to give a sort of soft projection that isn't meant to be in your face but still wafts around you.

I don't have anything else that smells like this and I don't think it smells just like NR or AP although I understand the comparisons.

I notice that in this fragrance that temperature and the air you're in play a role into what is most prominent. When I'm at home I notice more of the musky and patchouli notes whereas when I'm walking around outside I catch more whiffs of rose, vanilla and something almost reminding me of nutmeg. It becomes more smoky as it reaches the trail.

I've had this on now for about 4 hours and it's still going strong, but it's a SOFT strong and it's MEANT TO be like that. I actually love it, it's one you can wear every day and I do think it's a sexy fragrance. It begs someone to get close to you in order to really take it all in and they won't be disappointed. (Mind you, that statement is NOT intended to refer to the initial spray, it's after you get to the heart and trail which is when it actually matters :)

Caution: To those who are used to being a fragrance powerhouse, this probably won't be for you. The fragrance lasts, it's just not going to project across a room.

Also- Don't overdose in Iso-E. You can give yourself and others a headache. It's there in normal application and people can smell it, I promise.

bronni666
bronni666

i first tried lady vengeance from a friends dab on sample. i didnt like it at first. i thought it smelled like those cheap incense oils you get from a hippy shop.and then an hour later, this stuff smells wonderful! i had to have it for myself so i bought a discovery kit with little spray vials but i havent been able to experience that wonderful scent that i got from my friends sample no matter what i try. could it be the difference of a dab on to a spray? very disappointed. i can smell roses and musk and incense (patchouli?) and it does the disappearing act within half hour. i wouldn't buy a larger bottle though.

Neosmiaphyte
Neosmiaphyte

Musky, powdery, green roses with the signature JHAG iso-e/ambroxan dry down. I love the vanilla in this. It is nicely in the background. It is hard to find a subtle vanilla. It fades to musk in a few hours. Soft sillage, moderate longevity.

This is a great take-on-the-world perfume. Just like a rose, it blooms to the wonder of all and then quickly fades. Careful, this rose has thorns!

Madrona
Madrona

"Patchy rose" is a fragrance trope I have come to appreciate but originally didn't care much for. There's the legendary Midnight Poison, which probably would be hyped even if it were not discontinued (its discontinuation of course making it especially coveted), the somewhat-but-not-quite-dupe YSL Elle, Perles de Lalique (which allegedly was released before Midnight Poison), Lady Vengeance, etc. Out of these, Perles de Lalique is my favorite. There is something very crisp and appealing about it. Lady Vengeance reads rather similar to me but somehow softer, more romantic, and I like PdL for its brashness. I can also see how LV is vaguely nauseating on me, similarly to YSL Elle, but I don't mind it as a fragrance per se.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

apparently i had tried this before and forgot. anyway, i am re-reviewing. on first spray something is reminiscent of citizen queen, which is the only JHAG scent i've liked thus far, but it's a little less complex. i get a very strong rose and something smoky but i have no idea what note that is that's listed here. i get bergamot and a strong musk as well and maybe a bit of patchouli, but i'm not sure. it's like a strong musky rose with hints of smoke and a chemical/synthetic edge. after it's been on the skin awhile i enjoy it more, but it's still just a bit too chemical on me,

amylouise_
amylouise_

I truly love this fragrance! Got a sample of it last winter and couldn’t stop smelling my wrist. Finally, I bit the bullet today and picked up a bottle.

This reminds me a lot of Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT, which is probably why I was so attracted to it in the first place! I don’t really get patchouli though (which is a good thing because I usually don’t like it), but I definitely smell the Bulgarian rose, lavender, amber, musky and woodsy notes, which makes me super excited to wear this in the cooler months!

It’s a shame it’s only sold at Sephora though (in Canada), as I haven’t seen it on counters anywhere else! Overall, a great fragrance.

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

bought it for my precious one....

Scent : 9/10 = superb, wonderful really
Longevity/sillage : 1/10 = sad

Conclusion : 10/20

Makes it hard to decide n'est-ce pas ?

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

This lovely fragrance was one of the unanimous suggestions posted when I had requested ideas on a rose patchouli fragrance. As it appeared to fulfill all my criteria, I purchased a bottle right away and waiting with excited expectation for its arrival.
But as lovely as it is,on me it possesses very little longevity, sillage and projection. Surely an unfortunate chemical reaction on my part.
So, now what?

susanawaddell
susanawaddell

One of the few patchouli frags I like. Starts out beautifully sweet tart then roses then some lavender patchouli. May buy a small amount of this

ChelleBelle84
ChelleBelle84

I tried a few JHAG fragrances today. Please, no offense to those that like these fragrances. Here are my findings:

Lady Vengeance: Smells like industrial cleaner.

Mad Madame: She's mad alright. So mad she pissed on herself.. in her dirty underwear.

Not a Perfume: Got that right. Can't smell a thing.

And they have the nerve to charge $135 for these?? Sorry, not a fan!

perfumeprincess 91
perfumeprincess 91

If any one has this perfume and looking to swap it message me I have tom ford fragrances in a few bond no 9 as well as various others message me for more details thanks :)

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

A flash of green, metallic, spearmint rose, softened at the edges by a dark, velvety patchouli. I don't pick up on much else, certainly no lavender. It's very similar to "Eau du Protection" by Etat Libre d'Orange.

I find it's a good rose for a man to wear, since it maintains a cool, steely freshness, never veering into that matronly room spray vibe that rose often suggests. It's a rose with attitude. I like it.

Thesheppardswife

Lady Vengeance was my 'signature' fragrance, up until maybe three or four years ago. I must have worn it for about 4? years, maybe longer. I am sure that I went thru 2 bottles of it before I had enough.

I wore this frag before I knew anything about perfume notes etc. I realise now that LV was a rose frag I could love. I find rose difficult unless it is crisp and fresh. While LV starts out a bit heavy and "aoudy", (I made that word up), she lightens and brightens up in the drydown. The patchouli is manageable.

The reason I am doing a review now is because a fragrance swapper included a tester in the parcel she sent. It is a bit odd, going back in time, even just a few years back. I don't feel like I am the same person. Part of this is because I have experienced so many more fragrances since then. My palette has expanded.

Ribbonfiend
Ribbonfiend

It begins with such a lovely lavender note.. And really I wish it just stayed there, but it had to VERY quickly give way to the star of the show, which is of course, rose. It is a very clean rose, quite astringent. And the patchouli is there for support. I think it does a good job keeping the rose from getting too screechy. But personally I like my patchouli to have a bigger role in fragrances, if ever it is there. Coco Mademoiselle comes to mind.:) That one's real sexy! But back to LV, it does get a tad bit sweeter in the drydown, loses a lot of the sharpness, gets smokier, it basically gets more complex towards the end.

Personally, I do not find this sexy at all. Empowering, yes, but not inviting. I wear this and I feel untouchable. A "Me, myself and I" sort of vibe. I'll keep my sample and wear it on days when it's me against the world! LOL

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Sweet, tart, juicy opening. Tea-like rose with a powdery note underneath it. Not a big, sweet, heady rose, though - this is a delicate rose, green and spring-like. Girlish and innocent without being twee. Rhubarb. Reminds me a bit of the rosewater they sell at health food stores (which is honestly quite lovely). Get very little of anything oriental except for a certain vanilla sweetness underneath the tart green rose. It's very contemporary, and by contemporary I mean sweet and inoffensive as so much of modern mainstream perfume is. This is a lovely rose but, like some other commenters, I wonder if it's really worth the price. It has surprisingly good sillage and longevity, however. Pretty, delicate, and youthful.

Le parfum c'est chic
Le parfum c'est chic

J'ai craqué pour ce magnifique chypré sec et rosé mais aussi (je l'avoue) pour l'habillage du parfum, pour les flacons et les jolies boîtes circulaires. Malheureusement, celles-ci ont été remplacées par une banale boîte carrée.

bagaceirababy
bagaceirababy

From the reviews here I thought this would be a younger, girly kind of rose. To my nose theres nothing young about this one at all. It smells like old fashioned, something my grandma wear kind of rose. Not that I hate it, but I don't love it. Its not a bad fragrance, but I have to be in the mood to wear this. its very strong at first also, but then it settles down and wears off with a few hours (6 maybe?). Anyways, it smells ok but not my cup of tea.

mrs.hart
mrs.hart

***
as a big fan of the rose in perfumes i expected to fall in love with this - and i do like it but there's no passion. it's a very nice and smooth sweet rose, kinda chocolatey from the patchouly, tiny bit groumand maybe. but just too nice and bland for me. i like my roses with more punch.

i see it's compared to agent provocateur a lot. and agent is my signature and i know this scent very well and very intimately and lady vengeance has little to do with it. yeah they're both rose perfumes but agent provocateur is dirty and old fashioned and lv is simply a sweet and pretty girl next door.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

Considering I don't like patchouli there's something that cuts right through it. I'm not sure if it's the lavender or the citrus but it feels so perfectly blended.

i love this. on me it's a smokey rose touched by patchouli. i ordered the discovery set from sephora and this is the 1st one i've tried. if they all turn out being this nice i'm going to be very pleased. this is also very long lasting and considering the smokiness and patch i'm getting with the rose, this also smells super clean to me. i'm very happy wearing this right now on this super cold day.

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

Nice :) This smells like the top of Agent Provocateur mixed with a bit of Calligraphy Rose by Aramis (the medicinal rose.) The vanilla comes out more and more as this fragrance dries down, softening the sharp musky rose notes at the top. I like this more than Agent Provocateur because I find the Agent to be too sharp, almost too musky - it's too much for me. This, with the sweet vanilla and earthy sweet patchouli is much more pleasant - I love leaning in to get a whiff of it.

wendytaylor58
wendytaylor58

I absolutely love this fragrance. It has lovely Rose, Patchouli and Vanilla notes. I agree that the name is slightly misleading as I think it is easy to wear and not too strong and overpowering. It's meant to be a thorny rose and this is true, as it isn't a sweet, synthetic smelling rose. This has got to be my new favourite!

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

Tip: The Sephora at the Shops at Columbus Circle in NYC now carries the Juliette Has a Gun line. I haven't seen it at any other Sephoras in the city, but if you stop by Columbus Circle, you can get some free samples just like any other perfumes they carry. :)

Anyway, on to Lady Vengeance. I guess this house is trying to project a femme fatale image, but the fragrance doesn't say that to me at all. It's a pretty straightforward rose-patchouli. Nice for what it is, but not groundbreaking and not amazing. Juliette has a plastic knife and she's probably cutting up something gluten-free.

As far as skanky roses go, I prefer Agent Provocateur. It's more interesting. But there's nothing wrong with Lady Vengeance if you're looking for something less challenging for the evening.

Strange_Alchemy
Strange_Alchemy

I was most excited to try this offering of JHAG's. It was a double rainbow for me - love the house, and LOVE roses.

Initial reaction: *shrug*
After 1 hour: uhuh...
After 3 hours: MEHHH

What was even more upsetting about the MEH was that it smelled like any number of other things I've sniffed, namely Narciso Rodriguez, which I like (operative word is *like*, but is a bit mature on me IMO).

My suggestion: If you love this, save some change and just get a bottle of Narciso Rodriguez on eBay.

aschiffm
aschiffm

for some reason i was expecting this to be very strong, but it doesn't project as much as i was hoping. however it is silky and warm, stays pretty close to the skin on me. i smell a lot of patchouli and rose but it is not overpowering, just a translucent rich scent that smells pretty natural- like almost if you were born smelling this good.

scarlett.angel
scarlett.angel

Remembered I had received a tiny sample vial with a few mls left of this; I thought I had better review it before I forget the scent... I'll try and make this short and sweet. This is exactly my kind of rose fragrance. I get rose, more rose, patchouli, vanilla all at once; then something familiar which I now recognize is lavender. The lavender adds an interesting zing to the fragrance. Moderate longevity on me, but then my skin eats most perfume. I don't like writing reviews just from tester vials as the scent can differ from when you buy the full bottle. All in all a really great rose and patch. Definitely would love a full bottle or even decant of this!!

UPDATE: So I've decided I really need this one in my life!

hadassa

Spooky you might be anosmic to synthetic musks or any other synthetic components of this perfume, this happens quite often with modern musky perfumes (Narciso Rodriguez line, JHaG, many others). Make a break for your nose, sniff around other types of scents, then try again in a couple of months. It happened to me once, too, when I first tried this one. LV really is a bomb. It's huge and very radiating. And it smells great :-)

spooky3

Can I just ammend my review as this tablet changes everything!!! It should of read silage and not village!!!;-)

spooky3

I got this in a batch of samples with a few other JHAG.
I really wanted to like it because the packaging and name are fab. Unfortunately on me it only lasted minutes.
I am really surprised by people. Calling in heavy and great village and longevity.
I put it on my pillow at night as I find it soothing.
It's gone by the morning and so doesn't even last on fabric. :-(

lord montifer
lord montifer

This is me. This is my new signature. When I wear it, I feel like I've come home. And I only tried it for the first time yesterday!
I ordered a sample off Ebay as the notes are just what I like....patchouli,roses, vanilla. I love Ma Dame and NR for Her EDP so it was probably inevitable I would love this. I love the gothy black packaging. I love the natural smelling delicate fresh but thorny rose. I love the spicy patch and the creamy vanilla. I love that this perfume could be worn on any occasion, year round (my other love is L'Agent, and even I have to admit it can be a bit full on sometimes). For evenings I plan to layer it with a little patchouli oil....gorgeous!
So pleased to have found The One. Have ordered 100 ml bottle as an early birthday present!

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

It's taken me forever to write this review because I've had such a hard time making up my mind about this and several other fragrances in the JHAG line.

It may be the heavy handed use of Iso E Super, I don't know, but there's something sharp and unpleasant, particularly in the opening notes of several of their scents, especially this one. My family, for instance, said it smelled good, but, "cheap." And I, for one, refuse to smell cheap at this price point.

Now, before I upset the fans, once this settles down it turns into a delicately sweet rose and I do enjoy it! It's hardly a weapon of vengeance. But it is very ladylike. If it weren't for that "thing" that sticks in my craw, I would love this. And I don't blame you if you do.

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Not sure how I passed this one over in my JHAG sampler pack and instead decided to go with Vengeance Extreme, which I do still still enjoy. Lady Vengeance is more of a musky, wet rose, very much in the same vein as Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDP and perhaps Stella. I like that the rose here is more damp, and earthy verses the dryer and perhaps more prim & proper, "rich bitch" rose of NR EDP (admittedly though, I do love them both). And fear not the brand's ohmygoth packaging, at least in this case. The generous serving of vanilla here tames the pachy, musky, 'freshly dug grave on a rainy day' rose composition into something totally wearable and safe for everyday especially if musk is your thing. The silage and longevity are excellent! One spray to the pulse points and another to the cleavage and you're good for the entire day.

tatonnement
tatonnement

I didn't like it to start but it definitely grew on me. You'd think with the name it would be a killer and in a way it is...

A nice blend of rose and patchouli. This is definitely not sweet rose but a dark rose dipped in patchouli oil. Patchouli has the ability to take over a fragrance and this isn't the case with Lady V. It starts off sharp and settles by the drydown but I do not detect any sweetness on my end, only dark roses surrounded by patchouli plants.

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

I have fallen in love at first sniff! The deepest darkest smoky rose, patchouli accenting, but not invasive,musky, enveloping...perfection. A unique & memorable head turner.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I received a sample vial of this in a beauty subscription box the other day. It immediately reminded me of my mother's scent, and she wears "Narciso Rodriguez For Her eau de Parfum". This is a sensual, heavy, serious, dark, moody scent. I will have to revisit this later this fall, as I found the spicy rose and patchouli to be too overbearing in the 90 plus degree heat we are experiencing in our region at this time. It smells beautiful right out of the vial and makes me immediately think of leather, heavy velvet, crackling fires and an expensive well aged Pinot Noir. Cheers! :)

Thesheppardswife

Lady Vengeance was my signature scent for several years. The only reason I don't wear her now is that I want experience other fragrances.

What is so intriguing for me is that according to the notes listed above, this frag is full of things I thought I had a dislike of. Eg. roses, lavender, patchouli... and bergamot is a bit dodgy for me as well. Somehow everything was combined in such a way as to smell fabulous on my skin. LV is an elegant, classic, couture frag with a a rather edgy alternative name. I had many compliments on Lady Vengeance and it was almost worth wearing it, just to see peoples reaction when they found out the name.

I guess the mystery of how and what scents work on my skin will always be mystery. This frag proves to me that you cannot judge a scent until it is on you. There isn't a recipe that can be followed. This is ok for me. If I could predict how a frag would turn out before testing it, that would take away half the fun.

Germany
Germany

Love this stuff like no tomorrow !!!! Want to smell it all day. Rose is always so fresh to me like a fresh sweet rose bath , but with a sweet dark edge. The lavender gives it a soapy fresh assertive character and the patchouli , the musk and the vanilla is pure heaven, Just so fantastic ,,,,, yet my only complaint is it only lasts for minutes. Ok well half an hour and it's completely gone. Could be the new re formulation but it's strong at first and then gone , completely ! Bought the bullet too , to have a refill for my purse.

InannaB
InannaB

This gem took me by surprise!It was like finding the perfect outfit, not the most exquisite one, but the one that makes you feel yourself - comfortable and in the same time elegant and full of confidence. It's not too bold, it's easy to wear, never too "thick" or cloying even in hot weather. I wore my sample day and night till it was over, like a true signature perfume! I also loved Romantina, but this is more "me". Now I have to save money for a FB...

jellybeantree

This has such low silage on my skin can barely smell it ! It's a dark rose . It's nice but for me if a fragrance goes away after an hour it's not for me!

jasmin5327
jasmin5327

The scent is a woman in a dark silk dress, ready to kill the night. Rose + patchouli instantly create a seducing feeling, not my particular favourite. It's quite strong on me, I sprayed once and could smell it all day, not in a good way. The scent is good for a night out, and for a sexy lady. Not for me.

Scarlet39
Scarlet39

I really like Lady Vengeance. It's powerful and quite strong. In the early stages there is an in your face rose smell that I am not crazy about, since I dont love flowers that much in perfume. However, I can handle it because after a while it starts to crawl into a very different smell that I find very attractive. Its almost masculine but sexy at the same time. It reminded me of another scent but I could not figure out what it was and then I remembered, it smells a bit like the vintage magie Noire form the 80s, same vibe, same feeling. I am definitly going to buy this one!

pauroj
pauroj

dark patchouli with a hint of maybe something minty , is not love but i appreciate it a lot, my first niche fragrance .

i wish i had bought instead citizen queen , but it's ok

daithi
daithi

Beautiful English, bloody and sexual, red rose sorrounded with dark undertones of patchouli and a little drop of vanilla. Projection is great due to the inclusion of Iso-E Super.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

A rose almost as good as Stella! With some excellent patchouli rounding it out! A delicious, sexy scent that I must have!

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

In the opening there's lots of fresh roses, then the vanilla and patchouli kicks in, and after a few hours the perfume evolves to a really soft scent. Reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez For Her edp (pink bottle), but a lot more close to skin. The only complaint I have about this perfume is the longevity. It almost dissappears completely after a couple of hours. But I'm going to try the intense version of it, and see if it's any better. Other from that it's a beautiful scent.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

This is okay, but I was expecting something much deeper and more mysterious from both the name and the reviews it has received. Honestly it smells to me like a lighter Midnight Poison, which is fine, but I already own MP. I should have tested this before buying, as longevity and sillage are rather dispapointing. It smells nice though.

ReneesAnatomy
ReneesAnatomy

Not quite as wicked as I expected, but definitely gorgeous. On first spritz, it reminds me a lot of Kat von D Sinner, albeit with rose over patchouli rather than jasmine. As it starts to dry down, the patchouli becomes softer and less spicy (though it never goes away, have no fear!), and the rose becomes more prominent, blended with musk and vanilla. I don't smell any bergamot in this one, and only the vaguest hint of lavender as it dries down.

It's worth noting that I don't usually like strong rose scents because they smell powdery and stinky to me. There's no major powderiness in this fragrance; the patchouli grounds it, and the rose itself is very crisp and "real," like freshly-cut roses from a garden.

My only real complaint is that Lady Vengeance doesn't have a lot of longevity. I wore it to a baby shower, and it began to fade after 4-5 hours, even though I'd sprayed it on my skin and in my hair.

I would definitely purchase a full bottle of this and make it a day-to-day fragrance, but only if I could find it at a decent price. While it's interesting and very wearable on my skin, the longevity makes it difficult for me to spend $90 on a bottle.

theberry33
theberry33

A beautifully done red velvety rose,almost black,with sparkling chypre thorns.I adore it!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Tried Citizen Queen, Miss Charming, Romantina and this. In Lady Vengeance, there was a sharp note that instantly tweaked a pending headache if I don't stop sniffing. The patchouli gave the rose a sexy vibe and the vanilla a sweetness. The rose used here smelled spicy and reminded me of retro boudoir scents used generations ago. You know the ones used in the 50s when lipstick had a specific waxy non-vanilla scent? That is my impression. If you have tried Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose, you will know what I mean. Many people appreciate this specific type of rose scent which I have not acquired a taste for (yet, maybe?). For this reason, I am skipping LV for now. In the future, when I do not work in a conservative environment and headaches miraculously do not happen, I'll venture this way again.

Hubby and daughter wrinkled their nose negatively at this too.

One spray on me
Sillage: about a foot
Longevity: about 8 hours

It's quite spicy on my skin, I can smell mostly amber with some vanilla, rose and musk. I like it, but I don't find it extraordinary in any way. Moreover, I have to admit that because of its name, I expected something darker and more powerful. I am disappointed!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening of Lady Vengeance is similar to other Juliet Has a Gun scents; a "white" gourmand rich in vanilla, talc and floral notes, with bergamot and citrus head notes and a general feel of silky, satin and glossy (and desperately dull) trendiness which is the trademark of this brand. Huge amounts of Iso E and synthetic amber give a modern and restrained shape to this overall whiteish sweetness. It's not unpleasant at first, but it soon loses its richness and its texture quickly becoming quite plain and close to skin, leaning towards a persistent yet really delicate drydown which comprises again a floral-ambery accord with a white sugary talc all over. All in the less creative sense possible – expressive and inspired, yet white and cheaply "contemporary" like a white Ikea chair. Unworthy its price (like any other scent by this brand in my opinion).

5,5/10

Ruffienne
Ruffienne

Lady Vengeance isn't really as wicked as her name.

This one opens in a blast of synthetics, but it is strong and rich with rose and patch and the combination is attention getting, if not quite harmonious.

However the opening notes depart quite soon and the result is just another strong-ish rose-ish fragrance, not vengeful, but not overly original, either.

And it never entirely loses the artificial, slightly opressive quality it began with.

Pleasant enough, but not quite worthy of either the name or the hype.

Not one I would buy - I'm glad it's just a sample.

becuille
becuille

Gah, Iso E Super overload! It's such a hugely prominent note on me from start to finish. Iso E Super can be a great addition to a perfume if done correctly (and for me, "correctly" means "with subtlety"). I find no subtlety here, it seems as if someone has dumped an entire vat of the compound into the mix.

The rose itself is pretty, and somewhat jammy, giving a fruity - almost gourmand - vibe to the fragrance. It's very tangy, bordering on astringent. A sherbet kind of rose. I appreciate it's not a "old lady" rose, but the overall sense from it is just too sickly for me.

The patchouli is there, but instead of offering a richness and depth to the rose (like Piguet's Calypso, for example), it hangs around separately. I'm not impressed by the blending.

I keep getting an air freshener kind of vibe from this. It's very chemical smelling.

I didn't personally detect any vanilla.

It becomes more pleasant to me in the dry down, softening somewhat and losing a little of the air freshener feel, but not enough to make it full bottle worthy for me.

This seems to be getting mostly positive reviews, so obviously don't take my word for it - I'm clearly in the minority with not liking this!

Soft sillage and I washed this off after 4 hours, so I'm not sure about longevity, but it was still going strong after that 4 hours.

RhiannonB
RhiannonB

It opens as a strong and soapy Rose. It’s like a rose-scented bath product but maybe that’s just my skin chemistry. It’s light, musky and feminine. It’s a dry and powdery rose whereas I prefer the wet and fresh rose fragrances. I can actually smell hints of lavender and Iso E super but I don’t get much vanilla.

It definitely has a darker aspect but in a transparent way – it’s not mysterious but rather simple. The patchouli darkens it a bit and adds a hint of earthy spice whilst the Iso-E adds a slight woody velvet aspect. It’s not what I pictured this perfume to be. I thought it would have that femme fatale, mysterious dark secrets, tall women in a red cocktail dress with a gun aspect. Instead it smells like a demure, mature and modest lady with well kept secrets.

Sillage is average but it only lasted about two hours on me. I really like the Juliette Has a Gun bottles and branding but this perfume, despite having notes I love, let me down.

Scentmad
Scentmad

Lovely, light and feminine. It sits close to the skin meaning that its projection is not massive but that, for me, makes it all the more intimate and therefore quite sensual. Worth investing in for the warm, rosy notes that aren't "too rosy" (aka old fashioned). I like that it's super feminine and really well put together. Does it rock my world? No, but I like it a lot.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

Wasn't sure what to expect of a fragrance with three main notes. Granted, I love Rose, Patchouli and Vanilla but I worried it might be simplistic. Not the case. This is a lush and rich scent that makes me think of velvet, Autumnal colors and textures. It's spicy with a touch of cozy thrown in for good measure. There is a powdery note that is lingering as well. I quite enjoy this and would buy it again. I'm impressed with the Juliette line I have been lucky enough to sample.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

The notes seem quite simple, but the fragrance smells very complex and it also has this kind of sweet smelling beeswax candle scent to it.

I'm not a big fan of rose fragrances, but Mr. Kurkdjian surely knows his stuff. For some reason, Lady Vengeance is the epitome of a niche perfume to me.

Gigi27
Gigi27

A lovely rose, patchouli and vanilla sillage-bomb that manages to smell fresh (in a good way) and very feminine. All stages are lovely, top notes to drydown.

Wear it with confidence: this is not for days when you feel demure.

natashad11
natashad11

I do get the link between NR for Her, I think its the warm musky-patch combo that are the same but it's definitely different.

At first I get a lot of rose, freshened up by the Bergamot and a touch of Lavender. And then for the first time in a fragrance, I can tell the Iso E apart and smell the pepperiness of it as it mingles with warm, thick rose and patchouli. The patchouli is nice in this, it's not cloying. I sprayed it about an hour and a half ago and I still smell rose, patch, and pepper as well as musk but I am still also able to smell the Lavender which gives it a fresh kick. It's dense and clean at the same time if that makes any sense.

Very nice so far! Sillage is decent for me, I can smell it around me without sniffing.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I know I've made it clear that I don't like rose perfumes. Which is sad and peculiar, given that I grow roses, my favorite being the Morden Sunrise, which has flesh-golden peachy pink petals and smells like peppered rose with whole cream. I just don't think that rose, on the whole, translates to perfume very well. I'm not sure why. I think maybe it's because when you're smelling a rose on its bush, you're not just smelling the rose. You're smelling the soil it's planted in, and its foliage, and incidental outdoor smells like grass and so forth.

But I love Lady Vengeance. It goes on smelling like toasted rose seed. Around here we roast pumpkin seeds in the oven and salt them and eat them as a delicious munchy treat. Lady Vengeance smells like roasting and salt and crunchy rose. The rose comes through stronger and rosier in the dry down, but as roses go it isn't too sweet, so I am content.

My one complaint is the longevity. Very short-lived perfume.

jellybeantree

Just bought this one blind! I love rose and patchouli so I am hoping it will be a winner! Sometimes I love the risk of blind buying!

Lily2911

Short update : after an hour of first test i have to admit it is now a "i love" perfume, now i better understand the resemblance to NR. The dry down is amazing, very smooth but still richer rose. It is that metallic opening of bergamot and lavender which might mislead you, so take the time to let perfume evolve.

Lily2911

No charming sweetness, no vanila : what i get is a heavy spicy, dry rose which is unusual with an amazing woody dry-down due to the patchouli which remains still "behaved". Waaw i did not expect anything like this : it is a very creative perfume which is against all odds : not the sweet charming rose but the edgy rose with lot of thorns and it has more a "masculine/leather" character, i almost smell a kind of metallic/medicinal opening, a spicy sharpness which is completely unexpected which can probably intimidate some persons but after that first moment you get a very unique and special leather, dry rose. Definitively an unisex fragrance to me, i think it would also smell nice on certain men.
I don't think there is a resemblance to NR for Her which is a very warm, musky "wet" fragrance. Lady Vengeance is a very different kind of league, don't take that assumption or you will be dissapointed. This is not the seductive feminine rose floral, it is more the sophisticated intellectual kind of perfume. I cannot decide if i really "love" it but it is definitively an intrigueing perfume !

lollsazz

I'm not sure if it's just my body chemistry, but this perfume smells really unpleasant to me. I do smell the rose, but the main smell is something metallic and sharply woody. Almost sour, oxidized, steel-like smell with sharp, crispy wood. I prefer gentle, friendly smells that makes people want to hug me. This one is more of a "keep away or I will bite you" type of fragrance. Under there is come kind of gourmand smell though, which is, weirdly enough, quite nice to me, although I usually don't like gourmands. The dry-down is nice after 1 hour, but I have no time to wait for that. I think this could smell nice on someone with a different body chemistry, that would tame this fragrance in a shorter time

UPDATE: Lady Vengeance Extreme plays much better with my chemistey: it's actually very warm and friendly, contrary to its name :P

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

رازی که درون این رایحه با طراحی بسته بندی شیک وخاص بودن یک خانم باشخصیت وپخته درون جامعه را که مدریت رایحه پخش شده در مسیر راهروی یک کاخ ویا درون دفتری مجلل را برای او به هدیه می آوردتا شما حس عشق این راز را درک کنید.درون این رایحهمرکبات و دسته گل صد توامنی را با تمام نفس بدرون تعارف میکنید.

alittleofeverything
alittleofeverything

On me, Lady Vengeance is crisp, assertive and businesslike -and I find these characteristics so much more in accordance with the name of the perfume than the oversexed description given by JHAG. Because, come on, vengeance (as in revenge) isn't sexy.
It's a show of force, a "don't-you-bloody-well-mess-with-me"-statement, and this fragrance is spot on those sentiments. I absolutely love it. It's a scent that gives me confidence in a 98% male work environment.
Top notes are rose, rose and more rose, but mellows down in seconds to patchouli and musk - the first patch I've really enjoyed in a perfume since my bad turn with Angel and its dreaded B.O.-note. This smells so clean!
The patch and musk heart gradually gives way to a new, sweeter rose in the dry-down, paired with the barest hint of vanilla. Now THAT is sexy.
I NEED this perfume.

EDIT: This is one persistent lady. She's still going strong 24 hours in.

catpower
catpower

For me this is 98
% Angel Schlesser Oriental edition II, its got a bit more rose and less patchouli than Oriental edition in the opening, but the dry down is extremely similar,all in all i love it, but next time ill buy the oriental edition instead, its much more affordable...

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

Thanks you Venus193 for my sample!

This scent is special. The rose is powdery and lady-like. The patchouli is clean and divine. It's doesn't sound like it, but together the rose and patchouli give this scent an edge or feel of dark depths. It's inviting and beautiful. The vanilla isn't really a note I picked out all on it's own but it gives the patchouli a nice creamy sweetness or perhaps it's the Iso E giving it that depth. Either way it's a deep creamy, powdery, lovely scent.

Longevity is fantastic and Sillage is big, but not too big.

Definitely a nice twist on the rose patchouli genre of scent. I really love it. It's one of my favorite patchouli scents.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is definitely a fragrance to champion your inner bad girl. I'm talking the girl in all black who makes her mark. Black eye liner, burgundy nails. Leather trench or corset. It's a little goth. A little edgy. But it's also infinitely suitable for someone who is classic and elegant. It will end you the vibe of someone eccentric and sexy and unique.

There's a boozy quality to this, but it's not amplified and uncomfortable. That said, you seriously only need to spray a little - any dousing will be an overload.

As perfect for heading out into the evening to kick some ass, or to seduce your man from a powdery boudoir.... go knock em out, ladies.

miss mills
miss mills

I agree with Starvegas, this is similar to Narciso Rodriguez and could perhaps even be the baby of Agent Provocateur, the prettiness without the drama! Largely a rose and iris scent to my nose, with a dollop of vanilla. Pretty, safe and quite delicate despite its distinctive presence. Love the name and bottle, not feeling much vengeance, though, maybe that is in the dry down, will wait a few hours...

MommyMaudlin
MommyMaudlin

I've found that with this company, the marketing department and the perfumers have never met. Like a lot of you, I'm still wondering what part of this is the "Vengeance". This is mostly a fresh sharp slightly-green rose - which is somewhat feminine but could lean unisex if you ask me. It's modern and very wearable if you're someone who loves these notes (I do!) with a bit of an edge.

If you try this one out in the store, don't settle for a tester strip. The warm, musky drydown is definitely the payoff with this one and if you haven't smelled it on the skin you haven't smelled it at all.

starvega
starvega

This is almost exactly the same as Narciso Rodríguez but a little more vanilla/sweetness, veering more towards Turkish Delight than straight rose. Very pretty and fragrant. Not one that I will buy, but I think it could grow on me. Definitely not worth buying if you already have NR though.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

In the opening it reminded me of Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose. It was too sharp and too rosy for me, I sniffed it a couple of times on my skin and then I said: "it's okay,... but nah... not for me..."
As time passes a bit I keep getting these whiffs of something really nice, I smelled my skin again and I was like: "hey, wait a minute... this is actually quite nice!"
The rose got less sharp and I detected more patchouli, a very nice, clean and feminine patchouli at that!
Yeah, I think I would love to have a bottle of this someday!

sunnyinphilly
sunnyinphilly

Too much roses, just suffocating!
I really dislike this one.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Lady Vengeance is quite a difficult name to live up to. As other have mentioned it is actually quite a well behaved fragrance. Though I happen to really enjoy it every time I take the time to wear it! Pretty but a the same time a tad bit edgy.

This fragrance opens up with a bight rose that is really pretty, but sadly it not one of the most dominate notes on my skin. It fades away after a couple hours. On my skin it seems like the ISO E Super is the most powerful, so if you know it does not agree with you I would have to suggest staying away from this fragrance. This note is quite fizzy? (I'm not quite sure how to describe this sensation) and a quite woody I actually really like it! It also blends in with a soft patchouli, that is not too earthy or green, but is quite tame. After a long day I can finally smell the drydown which is soft and intimate. A blend of musk, a sweet vanilla that is cozy , and a little bit of an amber vibe which I am going to assume is the Ambroxan.

Lady Vengeance is quite lovely, but I can totally understand how it might not agree with everyone. I find it easy to wear, it can be dressed up or down. Its great for fall and winter, but I think it can be worn all year long depending on the situation. People I know actually really like it on me, which is always a good thing. Its a great offering from this house, but because of the more synthetic or should I say created notes I would suggest trying it before you buy it.

malchoni
malchoni

Yesterday evening I tried one of the samples I ordered time ago from the site of JHG.:-)
So, yestreday we had an official company dinner with some international guests. So, how to dress, what to spray on? These were the big questions. I am Video Production Manager in this company and at one side I have to fit to the corporate Etiquette and dress code for such events, on the other hand - I am art person, I am a film director /come on!...:-)))/ I have to have fun...So, the outfit was defined...the perfume had to be chosen. Ok..ok...I wanted to impress somehow and to make people envy on me...you know, because, usualy I am all the time in the post-production studio and everyone sees me in very casual, sporty outfit. So, lets make the things differently at least for this evening. And you know, people, this perfume made the night somehow magical. I was feeling this easily distinguishing veil of perfume around me and I can say that I might not shocked anyone with anything too bold, but I was feeling like everything is exactly as it has to be. I recieved many compliments and I had very nice conversations with some colleagues...And I believe that the perfume was part of this great feeling. So, try it, really...it can boost your emotions and good mood.:-)

lollsazz

I didn't expect this... but I dislike this perfume. I get a lot of lavender, ambroxan, Iso E Super, patchouli, musk and THEN rose. This smells very sharp on me. At first I thought my newly washed shirt was for some reason dirty, then I understood that it was actually this fragrance. It began with sandalwood and lavender, but then changed to something... bitterish and medicinal, with notes of metal. Miss Charming from JHAG is much more my type of fragrance and it doesn't change on me (which I in this case like). Lady Vengeance doesn't mix well with my chemistry at all :(

Rizaldo

Too love this perfume, I feel powerful when used, sensual, exotic, unique and powerfully strong. Love too

christianne1
christianne1

I like fragrances like this when I can't decide what mood I am in. It is not too this or that, not sweet, kinda sexy....a rose patchouli that just sort of works for most occasions. This does smell vaguely similar to Narciso Rodriguez only a bit less intrusive and darker and with more rose and patchouli. If you like NR, then this would be a pretty safe bet I would think. I love it.

Gulnara
Gulnara

I recently bought this perfume (50 ml) and it is my first JHG perfume. The rose in this perfume is loud and pungent which I usually don't like. But it seems with Lady Vengeance it is an exception. It smells like a high end lipstick and other make up stuff to me. I feel so lady like when wearing this one. This lady is bold, sexy and beautiful. It is the smell of a rich woman who made her hair, put on her make up (red lipstick) and dressed up in the most beautiful evening dress.

Antares811
Antares811

Gorgeous! Similar to NR for Her EDP, but better.

yesyesyes
yesyesyes

for me this is my rose + pachouli training wheels.
sweet, fairly simple and very approachable but a lovely stepping stone none the less!

somevelvetmorning
somevelvetmorning

Like Nair depilatory on my skin, without the benefit of actually removing hair. Bitey, rosey, acrid.

eleonora95
eleonora95

Non ho provato affatto entusiasmo per questo profumo; lo trovo piuttosto dozzinale e per nulla in linea con l'idea di 'nicchia', dove la sensualità va cercata nelle pieghe dell'eleganza. In questo profumo, piuttosto puzzolente e rabbioso, trovo la 'sessualità'del tacco a spillo rotto, della calza smagliata, del trucco sfatto per una serata eccessiva e sudata: cose a basso costo.

Wemano
Wemano

After buying Citizen Queen a few months ago, Lady Vengeance also kept playing my mind. So last week I ended up buying this lovely fragrance. I'm not particular a rose fan, but I love how the rose blends with the patchouli and vanilla. At first I thought it was quite strong but after a while it is really lovely with the musky dry down. And it stays quite long, but not too loud. I sprayed it on yesterday afternoon and could still smell lovely wafts in the morning. I think this can be worn any time any place.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This smells like Narciso for Her if it existed in attar form. I find this is softer, rosier, less greener than the NR for her EDT. If I sniff closely I can also smell a bit of cassis and violet, but this may be an effect of the notes in synergy as I don't see those two notes on the list. I also get a hint of leather.

It is good but I like NR for Her a lot better because of the sleek black bottle and the creamy, clean skin scent dry down.

lady Vengeance is something I'd happily use and empty if given as a gift but something I would not purchase for my self.

Sannee77
Sannee77

Wow! Lady Vengeance is a really suitable name for this one! I very much like the way I'm feeling when I wear this, super confident and very sexy, in a "don't mess with me" kind of way. I actually get a Modesty Blaise or Uma Thurman in Kill Bill kind of vibe from this. When I wear it I actually feel like an actress, playing a bad girl. I also feel like I should be wearing black leather pants, carrying a gun in my purse. Fun, but not really me!
It's a very dark potent rose fragrance, and I also get at lot of smokey ambroxan. A little patchouli, a little (dark) vanilla.
A very special fragrance!

Plamka
Plamka

Boy did it impress me ! I agree it is similar to "For Her" but sometimes it reminds me of a more wearable "Very irresistable", sometimes to both but mixed with "Stella". I have been trying all JHAG fragrances and you can definately tell they are all sisters, they are similar to the point i forget which one i am wearing. Lady Vengeance makes a perfect signature for me. I would love wearing it in colder months ,right now i am giving it a chance in summer evenings and its great so far. Romantic rose, a hint of patchouli, and i get the vanilla in the dry down mostly.Altogether very well rounded, lasts all day with me - its totally worth a try and the money!

malibubarbie84
malibubarbie84

I mostly wear this on a special night out it last for days on my clothing. It's a very dark rose pachouli scent and super sexy. Ladies give this a try if you're into dark notice me perfumes. This is my signature scent.

My signature.
Amazing!!!

Nomorestars
Nomorestars

Lady Vengeance opens up with a huge thorny red rose and metallic patchouli. It's the kind of rose that would make any "Old lady!"-crier clench their teeth, ball up their fists and ready themselves to throw a tantrum. Lady Vengeance is the most fitting name as this dries down into a mockingly sweet rose jam and vanilla while still retaining that patch in the background.

This is definitely the kind of scent to test on the skin first because, the first few times that I wore it, it went straight to the nice-girl drydown and I got none of that biting rose.

almost all of JHG perfumes smell like oud to me. this one smells very different on my skin and on paper.
on my skin it smells deep,rich with lots of patchouli and small amount of earthy notes.
on paper,it smells like too much rose mixed with oud or safron. I second that it smells very similar to Agent Provocateur.
actually I prefer the way it smells on my skin, which is somehow unisex and unique. I tried it because I had heard it smells like Gucci by Gucci EDP. maybe what they have in common is patchouli,but no, that's all.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

This is a lighter, girly, airy and younger version of Agent Provocateur. This is a rose that kicks ass, the kind of rose with lots of thorns that your mom tells not to touch but is too beautiful that makes you touch it and get yourself hurt anyway. i dont mind the sting... LV is one heck of a masterpiece that you ought not to miss.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

Juliet Has A Gun LADY VENGEANCE

Vulgar, loud, brassy, and inelegant. This one is completely revolting to me, on my skin.

Harshness in the roses, loud and strong but with no depth or subtlety. Jagged edges all around with notes clearly standing out; devoid of all smoothness. Very poorly blended. Patchouli is particularly musty and graveyard-dirt smelling to me on my skin. Lavender is strident, scratchy, cheap, and thin. Weak vanilla is shallow and cloying too. IsoE Super + Ambroxan=Cheap dirty crotch musk skin scent to me.

Given the title of “Lady Vengeance,” I observe the scenario of this particular scent as being a filthy, screaming, confused, delirious, psychotic woman hell-bent on vengeance, charging down the street at midnight and trying to attack someone with a butcher knife while grasping a bunch of wilted, thorn laden orange roses, rotting patchouli leaves woven through her unkempt hair, and sharply acrid dime-store lavender water saturating her sweaty, unwashed clothing.

Bottle sniff is boring and mundane. Skin test results are utterly repulsive in extremis.

VogueZal
VogueZal

This fragrance is a true masterpiece! A reminiscent of "Romantina", if "Romantina" would grow up to "Lady" ^_^

SandraV
SandraV

This is beautiful...it reminds me a bit of the etailer Bathed and Infused's scent 'Funeral' whose notes are rose,moss and soil:very earthy and smooth.It definitely is not a tea rose scent.It clings very close to the skin on me and seems as if it would be perfect for a romantic occasion.I received this in a sample and will hoard it as I can't afford to purchase a full size bottle(blah)but would highly recommend it for anyone who loves roses.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

A very well made rose & patchouli scent, it's really just that simple. It's dark and rich and quite mysterious, but more tame than I would have expected from a scent with the name 'Lady Vengeance'. More for rose lovers I think, this smells like strong Bulgarian rose to me. I think it is actually the lavender which brings this into a safer zone.
Personally I would swap the names of Lady Vengeance and Portrait of a Lady. This one to me is more lady-like than Portrait of a Lady, which smells more like it belongs on a beautiful but slightly unhinged woman out for blood. I'm not calling Lady Vengeance exactly pretty or well mannered, but I find it more enigmatic than bold.
As a side note, the bottles are actually a lot nicer in person than I expected, heavy and expensive looking. Essentially this is a high quality deep rose fragrance that I like very much.

hadassa

This lovely perfume is definitely for rose lovers. If you're a rose lover it is a must for sure, not just "another good rose scent"!

Very refined, very chic, simply exquisite! For every occasion, for every season, absolutely!

I do feel more than one type of rose in this perfume. The musky note is quite prominent, at least on me, I guess this is what gives this delicate 'healthy young female skin' touch to the fragrance.

LV lasts for hours (6+ at least), and the dry down is to die for: powdery rose plus very earthy dry patchouli, on the edge of a too naturalistic one, but again, everything stays in concordance with the whole composition.

As much as I like to be in a constant search for an ideal rose, I think I have found one.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Roses in open heavy full bloom, mid-July, rich heavy and opulent. No apologies, with deep roots and a patchouli crown. With one small spray these roses arrive in the room before you do and makes your introduction.

I do love this scent, but it will be oppressive in an elevator.

silfra
silfra

I totally agreee with milklizard. Very disappointed with this one. Not classy at all. Cheap rose-citron-patchouli scent.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I usually blind buy fragrances, even expensive ones, but was not comfortable to do that with Lady Vengeance because I very much dislike patchouli note and I am not a big fan of vanilla. But I love rose and Lady Vengeance got excellent reviews, so I ordered a sample, together with Miss Charming one. While I love them both, Lady Vengeance is absolutely WOW! I was so impressed that I immediately ordered a full bottle, and the big one!

Patchouli is so well blended here that makes this perfume classy, elegant, and expensive smelling. Miss Charming is pleasant but not as special or sophisticated as Lady Vengeance. I still plan to buy Miss Charming someday, however, I could not wait for the Lady. One of the best rose perfumes on the market.

I can smell some similarity with Bvlgari Rose Essentielle (patchouli?) that I was not so sure about initially and fell in love later on. Miss Charming reminds me of Stella Sheer 2008 (berry?).

Layana
Layana

I really want to try this. On the main site it mentions lavender (as well as the bulgarian rose and patchouli) as one of the main notes. But its not mentioned here. Did anyone pick that up?

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

LV had quite an astringent quality when I first sprayed it. It soon settled down and there were fresh roses galore (complete with dew drops, well, almost!), and I could swear there was a hint of citrus in there too. It finishes with a lovely soft, powdery, slightly sweet muskiness that lasts all day (12 hours, so far so good). It does die down a little bit towards the end of the day, so I think that's pretty good longevity. I don't get too much patchouli in this which is a little disappointing as I LOVE patchouli, however, I still love this scent a lot. If you're after something different, feminine, not overwhelmingly heavy and something that can morph into an evening out (I'd recommend another top up spray that night), then go for this one! I love the JHAG fragrances, I can't wait to add more to my collection!

OZ
OZ

Wasn't that impressed when I first got the sample, coming back to it today and could not stop sniffing it. The scent is a gorgeous combination of rose and patchouli. And surprisingly, this is not mature at all, I think women any age could pull this off, and it would be nice on a man as well. Probably getting a bottle of this soon.

Shwets
Shwets

A softer and sweeter version of Agent Provocateur yet long lasting

muskymoi
muskymoi

Lordy I have much love for this. Lady vengeance is basically me. She's brash, throws it all out there, has no filter/internal dialogue. The top notes come out in full force and slap you with a big wet kiss of roses and the entourage of the rest of the notes follow meekly behind. I'm actually a little dizzy from the attack of roses and I'm loving every second of it. This is the "vengeance" part of the name. The "revenge" is that when I wear this, I will be unforgettable...which is a very sweet and simmering kind of vengeance.

denylove
denylove

does anyone know if this version has more longevity and sillage than the extreme version?

suhaesa
suhaesa

an oriental composition .. rose ..oud .. patchouli.. musk.. powder.. vanilla.. woods.. light patchouli..but all in all its an Arabic lovers s cent.. smelled every where in the Arabian peninsula..used by the refined, sophisticate, elite..also used by princesses ..
its a beautiful fragrance..long lasting..captivating..sensual..mysterious..can be a unisex..especially among middle eastern people, for most of their oud rose perfume oils are used by both genders..yes its a bit too strong ..a bit too animalic.. vulgar sexual.. distinctive..smoky..its a scent used in celebrations such as royal weddings and eids and special occasions..it has that child hood memory of weddings..especially when mixed with the oud logs burning incense..its an acquired smell, takes capacitance acceptance and patience to maybe like it ..if not in this life time..maybe the next time around your senses wold have developed to liking it ..for its not that easy to accept it if you don t have an oriental inclination in perfumes..
but once you go there there is no coming back for its in a class of its own nothing else will do after you know the depth and warmth that oud can bring on those winter nights its a 10001 nights of endless love and passion...

rating 4.3 out 5

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

On first application, Lady Vengeance starts out with a fairly linear, yet full bodied rose, like a big bushel of fragrant, dinner plate-sized buxom pink blossoms.

As this rose starts to bloom on the skin, it transforms into a magnificent earthy delicacy. Patchouli gives Lady Vengeance a little texture--slightly nutty perhaps. Then vanilla infuses playfully, creating a spiral of balmy, ambrosial delight.

I can't help but think of Turkish Delight or Lokum. Delicious, simple, earthy and feminine. A little sweet (perhaps just a little too sweet for my personal preference), but well balanced and the rose remains clean throughout.

Direct with a lot of strength and tenacity. This is the type of fragrance that would make most women feel gorgeous naked.

octobersun
octobersun

I just love this one. It is simple, but original also. Not modern, not old fashioned, just beautiful. The rose in it is romantic. Patchouli makes the fragrance serious and striking, vanilla makes the rose softer and even more lovable.
Very good thing about LV is a realy tiny possibility that someone recognises it with remark "It's Lady V, isn't it? How nice..."

personagrata
personagrata

It reminds me of Agent Provocateur a lot, but is better. More creamy, lighter, airy, girly and playful. Usually, I don't go for rose scents, but I enjoyed this one. I think it is ideal for formal cases(church etc), without being too much of anything, when you wanna wear your pinky dress, but inspire a mystical, feminine "allure". Wonderful

Espi
Espi

Despite the threatening name , this is a perfectly lovable fragrance.. normally me & patchouli don't get along well, but I like this one just fine.. the rose is dominant enough to not be burdened by the heavy-hands-patchouli.
It reminds me of 2 other likeable patchoulis from Yves Rocher, Neonatura Cocoon and esp Secrets d'Essences Rose Absolue.
Kurkdjian is a nose that has immediately grabbed attention as he created my beloved Elisabeth Arden Green Tea!

neptune1121
neptune1121

Start with very strong rose+patchouli scent. But wait until 1 or 2 hours, and it become very fresh smell. At this stage, it is suitable for men.

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

This fragrance is sensual, seductive, and mysterious, but with an ethereal quality - a dark, sweet, vanilla-kissed rose on a bed of warm, soft, musky, subtle patchouli, which becomes more personal as it wears. It conjures the image of a Renaissance woman in a red, satin corset awaiting her lover (or maybe that's merely my alter ego?). I need a bottle of this gorgeous fragrance in my life.

MyNoirBeehive
MyNoirBeehive

Sweet, dark rose. Womanly. Curvy and shapely to my nose. Where it isn't complex, it is robust. The patchouli in this isn't hippie, just darkens the sweet vannila / rose notes. Yummers.

white_kali
white_kali

one word...masterpiece

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

Elegant, exuberant, mysterious, seductive, sophisticated...or simply, beautiful. Any of these adjectives and many more could fit into one perfume: Lady Vengeance.

This Juliette starts her magic with a sweet patchouli that has a vintage vibe, setting a delightful stage for a smoky and voluptuous rose reminiscent of the Precious Gulab incense, soon being wrapped by a swanky stole of vanilla *worry not! this is not a plastic or confectionery vanilla* that blends in a seamless fragrance lasting for hours, close to the skin, always like a magnet for noses.

Whether this perfume is supposed to represent a vengeful femme fatale or not, I can't say, but certainly is one that should be worn whenever one has second intentions beneath a bombshell aura :)

beddy
beddy

Une rose éclaboussé de patchouli, un peu sombre et très sexy, mais pas de vanille sur moi et tant-mieux. Bonne tenue 6-8 heure env. Je l'aime l'hiver.

Everytime I happen to find a tester somewhere I need to spray this one. Everytime I love it for its deep, intense, yet not gloomy ROSE!
Not totally dark, not so murderous but quite going down to deep nature of women with a sense of fresh humidity coming from green leaves. Simple and gorgeous. Elegant, too.

nilizio
nilizio

This vengeful lady reminds me of the decadent ballad written by Nick Cave and performs with Kylie Minogue: "Where the wild roses grow".
Perfume "Lady Vengeance" and the ballad sung by Nick Cave are alike: both have something dark, something violent and tender at the same time, something very dramatic, something melancholic, something mysterious and enigmatic ..
Once, I bought myself this perfume but a few splashes of it was enough: I had a feeling like I was "dressed to murder", or feeling of something rotten ..
"Lady Vengeance" had to say goodbye and walk all the way back to the original place from which it came to me - the cosmetics department shelf ...

stacia79
stacia79

Lady Vengeance is a dark, damp rose with a bit of earthiness underneath. It makes me picture a bouquet of red roses, slightly wilted, lying on the piled dirt of a fresh grave. Gothy and a bit aloof. Decent lasting power. In the future, I will probably stick to Cabaret for this type of rose scent. It seems a bit more evocative to me, and the price is better.

Juliette Has a Gun LADY VENGEANCE naturally sets up expectations with its name and, yes, they are dashed. This does not strike me as an intense composition at all. Instead, it's perfectly tame and well-behaved. A pleasant blend of rose, vanilla and patchouli, this polite perfume would probably suit anyone looking for a modern rose. The blend is very smooth and not too sweet, and in contrast to many recent launches, the patchouli here is very measured. I would say that the quality is on a par with some of the Parfums de Rosine rose perfumes.

I like LADY VENGEANCE, but she has not captured my heart. Perhaps she's just too nice?

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

My friend and I discovered that we both had this one. What a coincidence - with all the fragrances out there! It's deep and rosey; roses with the thorns actually. Lots of sillage and staying power. My sis tried it and loved it so I got her a bottle for her birthday. She's estatic!

id
id

Dusty rose at the opening and vetiver which doesn't let the note of a rose get powdery. I like it but I agree that the fragrance is very overpriced. Similar to R. Piguet Calypso at least on my skin but a way louder and with better sillage. Longevity is good, 8 hours plus.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hey,
ahh, this is interesting about Lia`s telling about wearing perfume while praying. For me I have always thought perfume to be a portal to "upstairs office". And now I see similarities here. Smiling wide atm ;D

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

Lady Vengeance? There's nothing murderous and avenging here. On me: Fresh rose, green patchouli & vanilla. All smooth & sexy. Actually, it's nothing new to me because this fragrance does remind me of those Arabian attars that contains patchouli and rose oils in it. Only this one is very smoothly blended and I can't detect any sharp stinging edges like the effect of some of those attars have on my nose.

When i smell this fume, instantly it will evoke the memories of Ramadhan month, the holy month of Islam in me. This is because as a young child, I always followed my parents to perform Taraweeh prayers at the mosque nearby. My most vivid memory was to smell this kind of smell because most of the older people in the congregation would wear this type of perfume. (It's a religious ritual for us Muslims to wear fragrance when performing our prayers) If not they would have worn something with oudh in it, regardless of gender. I used to hate this kind of smell at first but then it started to grow on me.I started to feel comfortable and loving it. So, for having encounter this type of smell again in a different context, as for this case in a beautiful bottle and a misleading name...well I must say that I'm in love again.

Luckily I found a full 100ml bottle together with Citizen Queen on sale at a warehouse clearance sale in my town. I got it for only USD 40 per bottle. There were still another 9-12 bottles left when i bought them including Miss Charming which seemed to clear off a bit fast than others. (Romano Ricci would've gag if he knew his perfumes would end up in a clearance sale.) Sadly to say, in my place the people here don't seem to appreciate good perfumes. They seem to go for trends, what is popular and something that is generic smelling and safe.I heard that Francis Kurkdjian line is coming to my town, I couldn't wait to test them! Hopefully it will not end end up like this one here.

Overall I love this perfume, I always spray it on my sweater and oh god! what a beautiful trail it will leave behind. Nothing new and solely original about it but loveable in IMHO.

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

Too expensive for what it is which is an 'ok' perfume.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

OMG this is gorgeous. If you like dark rose, patchouli and musk, this is heaven. White musk isn't listed as a note but it's definitely there, in the background - but rose and patch are the stars here. The vanilla is very, very mild, it just gives extra warmth.

Note, this is not a 'dirty hippy' type of patchouli. It's a smooth patch, not at all herbal or earthy.

This is understated, elegant and slightly mysterious. And so delicious! I can't stop smelling my wrists when I wear this.

melia
melia

A definite patchouly rose, I guess it should resemble agent provocateur, but lady vengeance has something that agent provocateur doesn't which makes lady vengeance highly tolerable for me and AP not. It's less dusty maybe, just a clear dark rose. Mysterious and serious :)

valarian
valarian

Is it only me that finds this perfume more soapy and green than rose? Is it only me that smells the smidgeon of rose as it hits my skin before it runs off into the sunset in two seconds flat? Is it only me that is left with nothing after about 5 mins?

I was so pleased to get my hands on LV but was so disappointed! I even tried it on two other people who both have very different skin to me. Both got a little more rose but within 30 mins it had gone from their skin too!

I suppose it just isn't packing a big enough gun for me! Very down about this one as I really wanted to like it. I love the name, love the bottle and love the notes.

Oh well you win some you lose some!

puppynose
puppynose

Gorgeous and seems to have more going on than the few notes listed. Well blended, not one note taking over. A rare thing to find a fragrance which has this fresh zesty quality without being screechy sharp. Also has nice deeper facets. There is none of the off-putting typical cheap synthetic so called vanilla note in this. This is well done.

cimfonica
cimfonica

Normally I don't like perfumes with an overly smell of vanilla, rose or patchoeli, but the mix of these tree ingredients is just great! Not one of the ingredients is overwhelming. It has a lot of warmth, just like Narciso Rodriguez for her, which is one of my favorite perfumes!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Really really nice. It's about the rose but it's rose with a difference. The vanilla complements it really well. Lovely perfume, a bit on the dark side!

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Nothing could be more dangerous than a woman who's seeking for vengeance, mostly if she's beautiful and intelligent: this is a rather undeniable statement which Romano Ricci could have considered while he was looking for a name for this fragrance.

This Lady is actually very attractive and smart, but she doesn't look evil at all: an intense shade of pink lipstick, a little black dress and a pair of white leather boots are her signatures...and she's aware she can get whatever she wants when she wears them.
The nocturne air around her is fulfilled with an (utterly sexy) absolute of dark roses and delicious vanilla, slightly tempered with hints of patchouly and woody musk. Her pale skin is one thing with her scent, they will never get apart.

Oh, this fragrance is so simple, so captivating, so perfect..I'm in love with it, no more words needed :)

Motivated
Motivated

always having great experience with it:) even in 33 degrees - Celsius:) - summertime! Adorable, feminine and soft.
Vanilla works perfect in this fragrance, even if i don't like vanilla.

girasolina
girasolina

I bought it today. In the dark! Thank goodness, I like this.
It 's true that in its evolution recalls Rodriguez For Her, But has its own life.
And, what is fundamental for me, it remains for at least eight hours on my skin!

sin5409
sin5409

70% similar to Narciso Rodriguez For Her, only lighter version, they are by the same nose

lapurrla
lapurrla

Gorgeous edgy rose with patchouli.
Rose can be rather too sharp for my tastes. Of course Lady Vengeance is about rose, but the rose isn't quite so loud here, as I found in Miss Charming and especially Citizen Queen. It's quite pleasant and one I'll need to try a few more times to assess whether I'm ready for a rose in my collection.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I'm just not a fan of this brand. It's the third fragrance from JHAG that I sampled, and it just smells weird. It smells like rose perfume and melted plastic. Like one of their other scents, it seems to have an aspartame aftertaste. I am trying to write this review, and when the scent wafts up to my nose from my wrist below, I keep thinking I smell that yucky smell from when my mom does a perm on herself, an ammonia smell. I can't believe how much this sells for, it's gross.

Gillie
Gillie

I tested this on a day when I did, indeed, have vengeance on my mind. I wanted a scent designed for a strong and resourceful heroine, a woman of dark decisiveness, with backbone and fire.
So what have we here? Chloe’s purer, simpler sister, cross that she wasn't bequeathed her share of litchi or peony…
Lady Vengeance opens with a flash of edgy patchouli, but quickly transitions into a big ebullient rose. It is a warm and rich rose--yes, with that metallic glint that kterhark mentions, which I personally don't mind. I think the metal is some sensory undertone of the Rose note, because I find it in Chloe and Pleasures too. It is as if you have sucked on a silver spoon.
After about three hours, the rose stepped back to make room for a very prominent and creamy vanilla--I really lost the rose almost completely. At that point I didn't feel so enamoured of LV, as I can obtain big vanilla from lots of fragrances, and don't usually choose to.
However, about 7 hours into it, having accepted that I was smelling like a warm and girly cream cake, the Rose came back, wafting up from my cleavage, very perceptibly--a strange alternation, to be sure!
If you like Rose and you like Vanilla: you will love this fragrance. It is made with quality ingredients, and it projects it's notes with lovely clarity.
No Vengeance here, however, just tender Lady.

marad
marad

I'm not a perfum expert, I can't easily distinguish the ingredients of a perfum but to me it's definetely the result that counts.
Right amount of ingredients and... here it is! A perfect perfum at least to me! It can be used day- night-summer-winter, it's special and it stays on for long long hours especially on clothes.

ritacatita
ritacatita

The rose, the vanilla and the patchouli are fabulously combined, in order to create a deliciously grown up, luscious and gorgeous perfume. The perfect light rose warmed up with a hint of vanilla with a sense of depth provided by the patchouli. Although I think it´s unique and not a copy, my brain associates it to Midnight Poison because of the similarity of some notes and to Coco because of the “grown up” vibe.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Lady Vengeance has bowled me over. I've struggled to find a rose fragrance which isn't too chintzy or strong, and this is perfect. It's a complex rose fragrance with great staying power - I only used a couple of drops in the morning and still got a few compliments about the perfume in the evening.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Hm.. this is a very interesting perfume , it does inded smell like rose oil but in a good way . I must admit i was a little hesitant to try this , dident think i would care to much for the patcholi. but this is rather nice i think .
I got is as a gift a little sampel to try . i dont think i will go out and buy a bottle of this . but i absoultly will enjoy this as long as i have it.
Very unlike anything iw worn before . i think im growing up..:)
a very nice blend i will say. good for a night out one town or just a late dinner.

truffles

Re. the comparison with the original Agent Provocateur: Lady Vengeance is like AP - or rather a lighter AP, an essence of it - but AP mixed with a definite fruity aspect. I'm confused as no fruit notes at all are listed for this perfume but fruit is definitely there.
I normally hate 'fruity' but, as with Miss Charming, this is a delightful, well crafted, quality perfume and very wearable for me.
This is the 2nd of the sample set that I have tried and I'm well impressed with these Romano Ricci perfumes and I love the opaque bottles too!

adrienn99
adrienn99

Lady Vengeance? interessant. but this has nothing to do with any vengeance .... pungent maybe. i would call it lady rose. but that would not sell the product, huh? :)

i think this is a scented rose oil sold as perfume. They added little this, little that and voilá, we can sell it for triple price :)

Maybe i am all going wrong with the above.

Could be that no natural oil is involved ;). oh that was mean!

So all in all, if one wants to exude roses it should be Bulgarian rose oil , imho.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

I loved this about an hour ago. Thought it was interesting and familiar at the same time. Gave my daughter a sniff at my wrist...she is six--and she said, "Smells like Grandma!" Now, this is not an insult as my grandmother is the most youthful, stylish, classy woman I know. Her signature scent is Animale...and on second whiff at my wrist, I realize my daughter's right. JHAG is just a bit "softer" than Animale...but they are very similar. "Out of the mouths of babes," as they say...

floof
floof

I tried this along with all of the JHAG frags very extensively before picking my favorite. I thought it would be Miss Charming, but Miss Charming has a citronella scent with the rose, and frankly I prefer the much cheaper Stella, which smells very similar but costs less. For more of a straight forward rose I reach for Jo Malone's Red Roses, I prefer it to Stella despite it being very linear, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Lady V. I am not the biggest fan of roses or patchouli (especially when they are done wrong, which they usually are) I really didn't expect to fall so hard for lady V but I have, it is so well blended and beautiful, sweet rose and vanilla with a small dose of deep patchouli. By far my favorite rose scent. I also own Citizen Queen, which I am not as fond of, but is still a very pretty and interesting fragrance and Not a Perfume, which is a lovely skin scent that has no allergens. I am not sure if I prefer Not a Perfume or Lady V, they are so different, one a light long lasting skin scent that is lovely in its own right, and the much louder lady v- it depends on the occasion, but for my sheets, I don't think anything smells better than Lady V- ever. I cant wait to try the oil! This one layers fantastically well with anything else, too! I love it with a plain vanilla over it, it becomes the perfect scent for me...
I love JHAG packaging too, I am a sucker for it, I can't wait till my oil bullet comes! I will edit my review and tell you all about it when it does!
Right now, Lady V is on my top 10 list, out of about 150 frags. A must try for rose lovers- but my mom hates roses and she loves this scent, I don't care for roses much either, but this is just perfection...

UPDATE:
Got my bullet of oil. I am very unsatisfied with the packaging, it is very difficult to refill and the bottle is not something I would put in my purse because it easily falls apart, I am happy to keep it on my night stand, but I cant say I am not disappointed and I hope it is a fluke. The bottom does not seem to really stay attached if there is any movement and I saw some leakage in my package and noticed the bottle was not as full as the refills. It seemed sturdy at first, but once I opened it, it never snapped into place (I even had my strong male roommate try and he totally agreed it just would not work!)
The fragrance its self is nothing short of magical with a pure vanilla over top. It is a little richer than the spray version, but very true to it as well. I tried layering both lady v's but its way too floral, I need the sweetness of my personal fav tihota or jalaine vanilla mixed with it.

Update again on the bullet:
like I suspected, the bottom popped off and is lost forever (its TINY) so I wont be able to even house the oil in the bullet anymore. I am so sad about the packaging, even the rollerball is bad, the perfume either leaks like crazy or nothing comes out at all. The scent of the oil is fantastic when you can get it out but I really hope I just got a fluke. I will repurchase the spray if I run out but not the bullet again because everything about the packaging is just depressing, the oil is such a rich and pretty smell, its a shame.

Galya
Galya

è forte! Assomiglianza con A.P. c'è senza dubbio ,anche con il Narciso Rodrigez,ma comunque sento la prezenza di qualche nota strana e sgradevole che pare fosse una medicina o una sostanza di un detergente da bagno.....

Migotka
Migotka

Before I tested it, I had in mind the main character from Chan-wook Park's "Lady Vengeance". For those of you who have never seen this controversial film, she is a murderess with a face of an angel, which (I think) helped me to understand this fragrance.

At first I expected something with a kick. Something subversive, and I didnt get it. Then I thought of Geum-ja Lee from the film and the shock when her employer (a pastry chef in a bakery where she was designing the most exquisite cakes and cookies) discovered that she had spent many years in prison. Maybe that's what the fragrant Lady Vengeance is about? Not so obvious at the first sight, making you think she is a lamb, while in fact she hides a knife behind her back? Therefore, I dont think that the fragrance necessarily should smell harsh or powerful.

The fragrance starts with a quiet breeze of a medical exam room (patchouli), but later on sets as as rather soft, delicate sweet rose. Very natural, feminine, elegant. I first wanted to say that it is not that special, but it is slowly growing on me. I must say I am quite introgue and I especially appreciate the fact that it is not too sweet. Overally, it is a bit too faint for me, nevertheless, for fans of discrete roses, definitely something to try out.

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is a nice rose but nothing we haven't seen before (especially for the cost). It is nicely done and a little bit fruity. Very sweet though - i would have expected far sharper from a fragrance with the word 'vengeance' in the title.

delphine67
delphine67

Starts very rosy with a patchouli kick to it. very fresh in the beginning and a bit sharp. the dry down gives a warm rosy vanilla. Its a nice scent but not for me. Its to floral for my taste

lucifera
lucifera

too me its a bit too dusty rose! did not expect that,i prefer midnight oud ;)

mocha43
mocha43

With a name like Lady Vengeance, I was expecting something more powerful and assertive (and sexy). This was not to be, at least on my skin. I got a sharp note of rose and patchiouli for the first few seconds and then it quickly mellowed out to gentle rose and vanilla with a hint of patchouli. It lasted on me about 6 or 7 hours and stayed close to my skin. I bought a sample of this and a couple other Julliette fragrances and so far this is not my first choice.

ineverwas
ineverwas

Lady Vengeance smells rather similar to Agent Provocateur, only a bit more classy, a bit more sophisticated and less loud and aggressive. It's definitely a more wearable (and expensive) version of it, but it keeps the slightly dirty, sensual, animalistic feel that teases, entices, arouses and makes me want to wear it in intimate moments.

A very sexy scent, the smell of a sensuous lady with a dark secret that her lovers would die to know.

Cereza
Cereza

Based on th enotes I should be screaming and running away from this, but, I do love to try something I think I might not like. Actually, what "Lady Vengeance" does to my skin is: it opens little bit sharp, but those are probably the first 5 seconds, after that it's just plain mix of the three notes, which work together perfectly. The vanilla is warm, smooth and creamy, the rose is fresh, little bit even sparkling and tiny bit soapy. And the patchoulli just gives a little touch of dirt and sexyness. What there is not to like? Very well made, sexy, feminine and wearable. A must for chypre lovers.

adele l
adele l

Not at all vengeful on my skin- a very sweet, natural rose. The patchouli is very subtle. Lovely scent- wish it had more staying power though!

misscareyann
misscareyann

This is a strange one. I really enjoy Lady Vengeance when I first apply to my skin. That's when the patchouli really shines with the rosiest of roses. Then the patchouli fades, which makes me sad, and the vanilla seems to emerge as a powder, and the rose becomes a bit too musty and overwhelming the entire composition.

I sooooo wanted to love this.

It is pleasant, but it doesn't work for me. If only the opening lasted and lasted, I would be a happy girl.

hcl
hcl

Lady Vengeance reminds me of Voleur de Roses. LV is less earthy and a little more sweet and rosy, with a touch of vanilla. I like it.

nezzabel
nezzabel

Be careful with this Lady... because she'll probably win your heart!

First the bottle is great and the package so gorgeous!
The scent itself... is a spicy combo of rose and vanilla with the patchouli - all three well blended, nothing here is too much... I may say, it's perfect!
The rose is a romantic juicy rose, the vanilla adds some sweetness and it's a nice powdery one and the patchouli it's what gives all the sexiness of this perfume.

For me this is not the ephitome of sexy neither of the romantic... this has just the right balance between provocative and dreamy, the classic and the modern!
She is a Lady, indeed! Probably not vengeance, but definitely not cute!
Suitable for colder time or for a cool night at Summer time... and for all ages. I think Francis Kurkdjian has created a new modern classic!

For the women of the the 21st Century!

truffles

This is a sneaky little half review for I only smelled this from the bottle today and didn't try it on.
As soon as I smelled it I was very much reminded of the original Agent Provocateur...
That's a thumbs up from me so far then, must give it a wear some time.
ps. Ah, just read the other reviews and AP pops up in a lot of people's minds and noses. I think I will go back for this one..

guest_MissMe
guest_MissMe

Very lovely. Pure rose with a little vanilla and just a bit of patchouli. It's very gentle and romantic and I like it a lot but I wish it could last longer on my skin and I wish it was stronger, too.

sofiii
sofiii

Lady Vengeance starts with sharp, fresh and sweet rose, with a little bit medicine-like tart sweetness(from pachoulli I guess). The start is really mouth-watering and pleasant. The sharpness here reminds me of Bond No.9 Bryant Park, but Bond No.9 is fresher and cooler in a way.

Then it gives off about two-three good hours of rose dominant scent which is sweet, natural and a little bit dark.

The dry down is quite sexy in my opinion, it is still the rose, but softer, muskier, closer to your skin and it’s quite similar to Cabaret but without the ‘sweaty’ feeling.

Overall it’s quite a pleasant perfume. It’s kind of contradictory to its name ‘Lady Vengeance’. Or maybe it’s the essence of this ‘Vengeance’? You will be so willingly to fall for it. :-)

libertybelle
libertybelle

It reminds me of some older fragrance. Something my grandmother wore - Gucci or something mainstream? I'm very much reminded of something from the 1970s. On my skin, rose less apparent but when I smelled my sleeve fabric, that's the only note I could smell. While I like the scent, I find it too strong for daily wear. I wish the rose and patchouli was muted a bit &/or there was a bit of tartness added to cut the cloying aspect of this fragrance. Good staying power and sillage even if sparingly applied.

9154mf
9154mf

This is a really full on overpowering rose that reminds me of someone's pot pourri from the 80's. After about a hour a masculine note is there, maybe its the patch vanilla combo but I still dont like it, then it dries down to a softer rose tinged with vanilla, not bad but such a boring fragrance really.

This is a wonderful, utterly feminine and extremely refined version of rose. Not very new and original as a concept but very well made.
It agrees with my chemistry too, even if it takes a long time to settle to something less sharp than initial burst.
The beginning is totally about a sharp bulgarian rose which seems to me to be more of a Moroccan paired with a cold smell of patchouli, almost minty. It stays so for a long while, it smells Eastern rose, almost like in Aoud Queen Rose, then after 3-4 hours the minty patchouli edge is tamed and a mellow luscious vanilla soften the rose. At its final stage it's incredibly similar to Agent Provocateur Signature without the dirt! Simple, essential, beautiful woman.
The quality is great. This is what Givenchy Very Irresistible Sensual Eau de Parfum could have been. That's a beautiful scent too, but more typical commercial style.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Agree that this one could stand in one line with Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum easily, because at first Lady Vengeance is so, will not say similar, but makes me think of AP.

The difference from AP is that Lady Vengeance is very sensual, but not dirty. Still it's not falling apart from AP.

LV is dark rosey chypre. Later I could pick from composition that dark rose along with hint of vanilla and patchouli. I like this very much, but still I prefer Citizen Queen and Midnight Oud. All three bear signature of Juliette has a Gun brand (If you smelled at least 2 perfumes you'll know what it is ;D). I admit that I like these special 'brand' notes. You can guess it's Chanel or Goutal or LhaG easily.

Warm, simple (but not ordinary, it's quite genial mix), sensual, alluring modern scent that has all chances to become a classic (In fact I would mean under this loud sentence all Juliette fragrances (I tried), bravo, Romano Ricci for making these original well done fragrances!)

dianafrances
dianafrances

sometimes less is more, and lady vengeance is a perfect example of a perfume with only three notes that stil smells ultra luxurious and captivating, never overbearing. i always get complements when wearing it. this is one of my top 3 favs.

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is my second sample from this line, and so far I prefer Citizen Queen. This is also the third Rose composition from Kurkdjian I've tried this week, the third being Rose Barbare, which is also a Chypre Floral. Lady Vengeance, on me, wore better on my clothes than it did on my skin. There is something going on in this composition, a sharp, metallically thing that I found distracting. Around hte three hour mark this did subside, but I wasn't left with anything that screamed 'buy me'. (Rose Barbare, on the other hand...)

guest_Flake
guest_Flake

Sorry Ticalau ... the over 30s .... and over 40s [shock horror] love it too!

essija
essija

This is everything I wanted NR for her to be! I love it. It's just the perfect combo of rose and patchouli and it smells musky on my skin. FB worth indeed!

MoietToi
MoietToi

I think that this is a very clean,pure and fresh scent. Which is odd beacuse when I read other reviews. Most of them escribed this scent as the total opposite. I would say it has a soapy character similar to the one of Marc Jacobs-Cucumber. Just much less green and much more rosy-soapy. Good if you like fresh scents but not for me.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

The patchouli in this reminds me of Gucci by Gucci.
It is really sweet and slightly powdery when it is completely dried down. It lasts for a really long time. I love perfumes that slightly smell like a really mans cologne, and this has that edge to it at first, but after it soaks into my skin it smells SUPER feminine and soft. Girly and sweet. x

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

This is a beautifully well-done rose fragrance. This rose is sexy and musky, not a fresh and clean rose.

Opening notes actually remind me of a sexier and less subtle version of Narciso Rodriguez for Her. I think I like this better, because it smells less synthetic to my nose. Less powdery too.

Dry-down reminds me a little of Cabaret without the lemon drizzle. I like the fact that the vanilla stays in the background here and the musky rose dominates even to the end. Keeps it sexy without being too sweet.

I love it and it has fantastic staying power...I put just a tiny amount on about five hours ago and it's still going strong!

veruska
veruska

Although the first time i tested i thought it was o.k., but nothing new, this became easily a favorite and part of my permanent collection.Maybe because the patchouli roses combo is timeless,and in the company of berries and something that smells like a satin purple gown becames magical.Seemingly simple but it diffuses easily on the air, and smells fantastic

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

Juliette has a gun is so special.I like this fragrance very much it's one of my favorites.Lady Vengeance smells like the bottle looks,dark and charming i would put this in the category(Agent provocateur and Pearls de lalique).The fragrance is so feminine and also strong and audacious.The scent is really harsh,a little bit soapy and floral.You smell the great bulgarien rose the patchouli and the touch of vanilla.

The Bottle "wow" the bottle have many details and i really love the bottle,it's a bit heavy to hold them but that's nice.The ornament are so cute,there are the name and around the bottle are cute signs:
A heart,rose,stars,moon,a cross, the flowers,a pumpkin,leaf,a eye,boot,owl and a GUN.The cap is out of metal or iron really heavy, and at the top is the gravure of the brand,i like it a lot.I'm so happy that i bought this special one.Good for everday or special day's and better for the winter,spring time or the fall.

Very middle range rose scent. I get plain, nothing much rose throughout. I am unimpressed.

Juliette has a gun
Juliette has a gun

This perfume is not as provocative as it may sound, but simply gorgeous. A flowery oriental with a very interesting woody patchouli drydown... in a way reminiscent of the discontinued L'Arte di Gucci. The fragrace is quite original, because you can recognize it on the spot. The top and middle notes are centered around a very huge, aromatic rose, before the oriental guns are brought in (as mentioned above: patchouli and vanilla). A wonderful signature scent - not only for passionate, hot-blooded Juliettes.

guest_pinkjess
guest_pinkjess

this perfume is soooo nice i searched and searched after my mum bought it back from portugal to find only selfriges sold it online well apart from america that is i find lots of perfumes go sickly and sweet on my skin and give me a headache so i rarely do find one i love this perfume would suit the young to the old as its very clean and fresh smelling and really does last on the skin i would recommend to anyone

liat
liat

Do you think of yourself as a "don't mess with me" kinda gal? Because Lady Vengeance tries very hard to put out this kind of vibe.
It's nicely sharp and spicy, very well blended so the roses seem a little more thorny, which it good.
It's more sharp than oriental to me, less sexy than others here have noticed and more "keep your distance". all and all, a great one.

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

This fragrance reminds me of Agent Provocateur-Eau Emotionelle, magic and mystic with tender rose in center of composition. Vanilla gives sweetness and creamy touch, with sexy chypre accords of patchouli. Bottle is too romantic:)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.