Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Moon Dance Juliette Has A Gun for women
dislike

tuberose
Moon Dance Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures

The Luxury Collection by the house of Juliette Has A Gun presented the second fragrance, named Moon Dance, after Oil Fiction edition from 2013. Moon Dance brings the mysterious, dark, glittery face which reveals power and plays on two contrasting accords—wood and tuberose. The composition thus gains strength and blends extreme notes into a single entity. The fragrance is inspired by flowers in the night.

Moon Dance was introduced in packaging of the same form as Oil Fiction with dark violet liquid which attracts and provokes. The main accords of tuberose introduce fascination and honey floral zests poses contrast to warm, woody and earthy shades of patchouli. This chypre floral composition provides thick layers of sweetness, creamy floral shades and dry earthy notes. Top notes incorporate luminous bergamot drops, followed by tuberose, rose flowers and powdery violet resting on patchouli!

Fragrance Juliette Has a Gun Moon Dance is available as eau de parfum sized 75 ml. The offer includes samples (vials) as 1.5 ml. Moon Dance was launched in 2014.

Bergamot

Tuberose Rose Violet

Patchouli

Camicia 113
Al-Basha Blend
Meliora

Moon Dance Fragrance Reviews

Moon Dance has a dirty undertone to my nose, it isn't shy, it is on the heavy thick side...it is definitely not a modern scent, it has a timeless quality, and has a mysterious quality too...a bit enigmatic, it won't please everybody..
I personally find it too much to wear, it isn't too pretty to my nose,I find it more earthy than powdery...and I can hardly detect the florals.. it has a dark vibe also, like the type of scent a Wicca witch would enjoy, or Snow White ' wicked stepmother..
That said, it is unusual, earthy, rich, with great longevity..just not interested in getting it...the dry chypre undertone is well done, there is a distinctive quality in it, just not my cup of tea.

Kolchan
Kolchan

Moon Dance is my favorite from the exclusive Juliette Has A Gun range.
Tuberose is a queen of the fragrance, it gives a harsh and slightly medicinal opening and a cough syrop vibe all the way through the wear. But at the same time, it feels right, really enjoyable. actually.
I can't smell neither violet nor rose in this, but I pick up some ylang-ylang and, my God, that not is beautifully executed!
In 4-5 hours it dries down to a essencial oil patchouli scent, it becomes really sensual and alluring. Curtainly worth checking out, a potent floral that made its presence in the crowd!

Duskfall
Duskfall

Some tuberose scents make me want to hurl, but this is tube done right. It's smooth and well blended. The violet really makes a difference by bringing a cool and airy touch to this dense and powerful floral. Performance is obviously top-notch and it's quite versatile, but I think it's best suited for spring and summer evenings.

Moon Dance is splendid and I really enjoy wearing it from my sample. However, I don't think I'm passionate enough about it to buy a full bottle (especially considering the current price point).

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Moon Dance is divine. It is chilly and seductive. This is what beautiful vampires would smell like...

Moon Dance has the very stong honey smell that some night-blooming flowers possess. These are the white flowers so strong and sweet in fragrance that bats are drawn to their copious nectar. The rose note in Moon Dance is full and wet. I detect fermented fruit notes (a possible facet of the heady white flowers) and the berry-like rose enhances that. Violet and patchouli feel like cool soil in this composition and add to the mystery. Moon dance doesn't smell powdery to me, but it does smell velvety and rounded. This fragrance has density but isn't too thick; there is a brightness to it, like moonlight. The bottle design and colors suit the fragrance.

Moon Dance feels like a shiver; like you can feel someone's eyes studying you from afar...and you like it. This fragrance is gorgeous.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Romantic,sweet and a little powdery... this is a "cold" scent that slowly drags you with him. The note of tuberose is strong but not intrusive, the thing that surprises me is that it combines perfectly with the rose and violet..is really an amazing parfum! There is something that may seem "sad", I do not know what it is,this is for the cold days, is complex and you want to find out all the way, you would not want to leave him. The drydown is a kinda dark. This is an invitation to look at the beauty of the moon, with a starry sky. This perfume is marked for "women" but I think it might go well for a man, even if it is more toward the feminine side,but since there are notes of bergamot and patchouli, I think can go well even unisex. I would really like. The sillage is moderate, longevity is very good. Beautiful fragrance from Juliette Has A Gun!.

Sillage: 7./10

Overall: 9/10

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

This is a romantic evening perfume I wear when I go out on dates. You know how some perfumes are way too strong and clearly designed for use in the evening, for dinner dates, for parties. I'm good to go after one spritz. It opens with some citric bergamot and it's fresh perfumy a tad aldehydic. Then it becomes a rose-patchouli with additional strong floral accords of violet and tuberose. It smells aromatic, expensive, luxurious, just a little Oriental but mostly it's an elegant sophisticated rose perfume. I love it and I've received tons of compliments on it. It makes me want to wear my hair up and dress to impress in my best evening wear. Being a paid professional chanteuse I also wear this fragrance when I perform and sing in front of audiences at weddings and private parties. It's a beautiful and great smelling fragrance. Thank you Fragrantica.

Kione
Kione

I was a bit weary of spraying this on today to test as I am at work after reading the reviews.
On me it is not very strong not too sexy. I feel it has the same rose as Citizen Queen and in general I get the same vibe, but the violet in Moon Dance makes it a little bit more fun and sparkly. My be this is why other people feel it as sexy, I can see that. The patchouli definitely gives it a dirty and naughty touch too.
Even tho I am not uncomfortable wearing it at work, I would prefer to wear this at night.
Now the price tag? yes, a bit much. I will not get a full bottle for that price, maybe on Ebay if I find it cheaper.

aschiffm
aschiffm

This is very similar to Lady Vengeance in my opinion. Syrupy sweet jammy rose opening, underlined with a warm veil of translucent patchouli and musk. The rose calms down soon and a cool slightly powdery violet starts to show through the warmth. It feels like warm dusk, twilight. The rosiness seems a little disjointed to me. I wish it had more of a cool vibe, it's kind of a hot mess that I don't think is worth it's price. It has an identity crisis but as a whole, It's pretty tame, quiet. It doesn't offend, and it's not too unique. It also veers synthetic to my nose, which I'm finding w/ most of the perfumes I've tried from the JHAG line.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Disappointed as I am because on me this is not at all powdery ,( which is what I hoped for ) I still love it !
Starts out very tart and while that tartness remains throughout the Rose comes in and sweetens nicely .
The Patchouli is there but not overbearing and this reminds me of a scent I just can not place .
Only a couple drops last and I mean last all day and night , and the sillage is perfect .
Lovely at it is, I do not think it's quite worth the FB price to me although Im sure it'd last "forever", so maybe :)

angel6
angel6

Dear Xrayer gift me a sample of this. The notes looked promising but it did not delivered,was not the right harmony for me.

nexangelus
nexangelus

My 10ml is almost gone. This is one of those perfumes that I wish I had tested properly early on, because it is definitely full bottle worthy. Sillage is big, longevity is big. A little of this goes a long way. It is sweet, smooth violetty, rose and patchouli with an intense tuberose sitting on the top. I do not get the powdery feel until complete dry down which is 3 hours in. This is bliss in a bottle. I think I need to try the other JHAGs now (love this and Oil Fiction to bits)...

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Wow! Just wow! This IS a surprise, I must admit.
Beautiful old school style scent. Tiny amount projects a lot.
It smells very familiar yet I can not put my finger on it. I am sure I smelled something similar before. I think there maybe tiiinnyyy similarity to Balenciaga Michelle
I get sweet flowers, something along the lines of sweet parma violet mixed with with sweet tuberose and a little bit rose with a splash of citrus and wack of patchouli.
It is sweet, slightly gritty, warm and very sexy.
I have a small 5 ml decant and I think it will last me forever as it is very potent but if I ever run out, I would certainly consider a large decant.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Contradictional yet smooth and seductive fragrance, can't recall anything that would smell even slightly similar with Moon Dance, I know tuberose and violet and rose with patch, yet it hard to call this fragrance based on any of those. There is something from religious mysticism in it. Basically, it's very unique blend that hard to describe apart of creamy-woody base and earthy good quality of patch. It slightly, only slightly resembles to me Nokomis Coty though..

onaona
onaona

Epic.
Moon Dance is a story just waiting to unfold. It is absolutely poetic. An epic tale filled with love, pain, passion and danger. I swear, there's a beautiful, bold heroine lurking within the notes of this fragrance...and she is a force to be reckoned with.

Warmth.
I always imagine the moon cold. Particularly beautiful on a clear, cool night. Not this time. I can almost feel the warmth radiating up from my skin. It is what presents to me the most significantly in this composition. It's deep, rich and above all else, inviting.

Floral/Patchouli.
No one flower stands out for me. Sure there's tuberose to add a little creaminess, violet which seems to help darken it a bit.....but they are definitely not alone. The patchouli is not clean and sterile, it's earthy and lived in, somewhat dampened.

Moon Dance last well into the evening on my skin. Quite the fitting end to the day's fragrant tale.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

This is a seriously beautiful, magical perfume. The name "Moon Dance" describes it perfectly I think; the scent definitely brings to mind images of a velvet night sky, a pale moon and thousands of iridescent stars. Sweet tuberose and violet over a deep patchouli background, with a lush rose intertwined. The tuberose is the most noticeable note to me, followed by the violet. Interestingly enough, JHAG has managed to make violet smell a lot more "modern" with this one (for some reason, violet almost always seems old fashioned to me most of the time, but not here.) They have done for violet here what they did for rose with many of the other perfumes in their original line (LV, Miss Charming, LVE, MM) - given it a modern twist and made it a romantic contemporary scent.

Moon Dance comes off as powdery but not overly so. Longevity is extremely good, sillage is noticeable but not too high. I'd say moderate for the first 1-3 hours and a skin scent after that. This is not a super strong scent but it still has enough weight to last for a very long time, which is great because most scents, no matter how expensive, do not last long on me. Also, the bottle/purple juice is beautiful too. The scent + concept reminds me of a classier, more elegant and refined Midnight Poison (though this definitely has less patchouli and more florals).

This is just one of those perfumes that I encourage people to get a sample of, as I think it needs to be smelled in person.. . I've been kind of obsessed with this one for the last few months. (though I am not super happy about the price, as I was not able to find it discounted anywhere). Gorgeous perfume though.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

i have been scouring around searching for the best blended rose patchouli perfume and attar..very rarely.i smelled and the memory stuck to me so much ,...this was sprayed to my hand by the SA. The initial blast do not impress me much. it is just a burst of smell concocted by a myriads of notes from tube rose patchouli rose and stuff..but amazingly as i walk to other shops looking at things after 1/2 an hour or so then it start to bloom, the combination of creamiest sweet rose patchouli tuberose and black musky violet...i smelled a lot of oud rose patchouli combo in the market..the combo smell sweet with jagged nuances of smoky dust, but this perfume is just straight forward, creamy sweet without the dusty notes, i feel that it is the best composition of rose patchouli, imagine listening to the orchestra that playing a musical instrument that produces flawless notes that work in such turn into a masterpiece. The music echoes in your mind as you leave and lasts for two days, the smell lasted on my skin for two days even after taking a bath.the smell lasted on the clothes for days. it is well worth the price, just be careful when spraying it, a tiny spritz will just suffice, too much you will perfume the whole room. it is what a perfume is and as a perfume should...just like food this perfume must be chewed and savored slowly....the ecstasy will arrive later..it is not a fast food that must be guzzled down the throat so fast, you lost the savory taste, intimacy , smell, taste...leave it for a while and smell again :-)

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

I love this fragrance the notes are so well blended. It really projects good i could smell it on me the whole day. I think this might be the best of the Juliette has a Gun line. It's not dark but i think this is what Morgan Le Fey would wear, a hauntingly beautiful woman. Just exceptional, i think this is one of those fragrances where the price is justified. It's hard to forget a person who wear this fragrance.

mymlan
mymlan

Moon dance is a very nice take on a rose + patch fragrance. And it should be for that price. The note list can't be complete because I'm sure I'm smelling a moderate amount of leather in the basenotes too. I would love to have it some day, but after the initial crush I don't think it is worth it's price for a full bottle. My decant will last enough time I suspect, as both sillage and duration is good.

LiliShineOn
LiliShineOn

I have just had a go to church moment! Only my church is Midnight Mass at Christmas. The incense is wonderful and mysterious, but not sure which of the notes listed it would be. Bergamot maybe? The Tuberose and violet are wonderful.
I feel like I have been touched by the Goddess when I have this on.

fanny
fanny

One of the most fascinating contradictions in perfume is, when smelled directly on skin it represents a carnal picture of dirt, while the sillage is of a heavenly light creaminess.

Moon dance may be considered distant, but as it glides along in its smooth orbit (not unlike the most famous moondancing star ever), its -weightless- trail will lift and corrupt all bystanders, their jaws dropped to the ground.

Eternally denoted as beautiful.

Moon dance definitely evokes the name and night time flowering, white blossoms. Not the sweet part of them but the dirty and powdery element of mysterious tuberose and violet.
The main thing about MD is a musky opening which makes you think it might be quite brash for a moment before it settles to quite a calm hum of powdery vibes rose and patchouli among them.
This has a traditional feel, maybe more suited to the mature lady? perhaps not though? but that's the overriding impression I got.
I wouldn't wear this, it's clean but seems pretty geared toward women and rightly so.

Swoon! Moon Dance is an old-fashioned modern explotion of all the dirtiest white flowers. It reminds me a lot of older perfumes when ladies had a desire to smell like ladies and not bleached safe fruit&flower.
Th SA pushed this to me, but I could not afford. Anyway I can still appreciate this wonder of raw smells that hit you right in your soft parts.
It's an empowering scent that you will probably wear for your own pleasure rather than for crowd-pleasing, because it can be not everyone's cup.
Definetely not for the faint at heart (nor faint at wallet).
The opening is pure tuberose with its lovely dirty edge that SA politely insist calling "earthen". Ok, it is earthen and something more. Rose is very into the blend, it addsa nuance of poetry, then gradually subside.
Natural or synthetical I cannot tell, but if it is synthetical for once in time a perfumeur could catch that musky fecal effect, vaguely similar to Kiehl's musk oil, which I don't like, mingled with white thick carnal flowers. Violet is less obvious.
It goes on like that for at least 2 hours sending little clouds of both pure and dirty flowers, something that I experienced with beautiful Guerlain Idylle Duet Jasmin&Lilas (which I love) then it becomes more monodimensional, hitting on the musk effect, perhaps given by a good patchouli. It becomes more of a strong skinscent. Not my bf's fave for sure.
I wouldn't call this an elegant perfume in a classy way, because it's more about raw sensuality, but nothing forbid to wear it for important events.
If you can splurge, splurge on this.

EDIT of the day after: It clings to fabrics and never let them go! And it keeps going from fabrics back to skin with a soft whaft of tuberose and musk. Definetely expensive but at least it lasts!

BlueMarine
BlueMarine

An explosion of Rose mingled with intense Tuberose, plus some other white florals (is it Ylang that I seem to detect that is not listed in the pyramid?), this perfume hits you in the face much in the More-is-More 80s style: Big, bold, strong yet sensual, substantial sillage and long-lasting. For someone who wants to make a statement and an entrance.

The packaging couldn't be more different from JHaG's standard line - classic square flacon, creamy-white lacquer box with silver plaque with a velvet wrap, definitely Luxury but almost nothing in common with the rest of JHaG's bottles. I am curious as to who the Nose behind this latest creation is (is it still FK who, according to various reports, worked on the other JHaG)?

After getting my hands on this bottle, I saw the entire JHaG prominently displayed in Sephora Paris including the two from this latest Luxury Collection, so one can expect to hear a lot more about this brand in mainstream media. Just hope it won't get over-exploited.

Belil
Belil

Dramatic name hides her majestic beautiful instrument of seduction, her mysterious dark but soft femininity, yet with no sharp edges, which wrongfully, are considered a necessity in top shelf.
Tuberose and Violet duet, which painstakingly seems so familiar, just like any Deja Vu, you can not ever catch it's tail. It's not your typical airy flowery high pitch, it smoulders on woody, animalistic accord. Like when you see an enchantingly beautiful woman, and then you realize she has dark secrets. She's feminine enough, as well as balanced perfectly, to be worn only on the fanciest of silks.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Juliette Has A Gun Moon Dance fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Juliette Has A Gun Moon Dance, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moon Dance by Juliette Has A Gun. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moon Dance by Juliette Has A Gun represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.