Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Not A Perfume Juliette Has A Gun for women

Not A Perfume Juliette Has A Gun for women
dislike

Not A Perfume Juliette Has A Gun for women Pictures

The new non-perfume is arriving from the house of Juliette Has a Gun in September 2010. Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume in not really a perfume but fragrant AMBROX in a flacon.

C16 H28 O is formula of Ambroxan, the only key ingredient in this non-perfume. Ambrox was born in the 1950es in Firmenich as substitute for grey amber which was very expensive for a common use in compositions. Ambrox is typically used as one of base notes of compositions, while it has a leading role in this non-perfume.

Juliette Has A Gun Not a Perfume is a provocative declaration which does not follow the rules of modern perfumery. Not a Perfume is based on contradictions, since its composition is created of molecules and is the only fragrance without allergens.

Not a Perfume is available in characteristic flacons of 50 and 100ml.

Ambroxan

Molecule 02
White Spirit

Not A Perfume Fragrance Reviews

Duskfall
Duskfall

On me this smells like slightly sweet musky wood. It's simultaneously cool and warm. Totally wearable on its own if you want something fresh and clean, but layering with other scents is probably the best way to use this. Not A Perfume is surprisingly tenacious and has some projection too (it's not loud, but not totally quiet either). It's quite nice, but not full bottle worthy for me personally.

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

This smells like nothing to me - there's the faintest hint of something like musky detergent and that's it. I agree with previous commenters that this smells like a part of a perfume. It actually reminds me of aspects of many other perfumes I've smelled. It's not unpleasant - in fact, there is something kind of interesting about such a stripped down fragrance. On the one hand, Not a Perfume is the quintessential JHaG perfume; literally a "clean" smelling nothing. On the other, I found myself with my nose to my wrist all the time, looking for that smell. It's the least "there" of a line of perfumes that are never "there". At the same time, this very quality has made this the most interesting of all the fragrances I've tried from this house. It's a "love it or hate it" perfume - for that reason alone you should try it.

Edit: It's tenacity and sillage are actually kind of incredible! I put it on yesterday afternoon and woke up still smelling it this morning, and my co-worker (who btw loved it) tried some and it almost filled the room! This is such an odd fragrance - it seems so transparent, almost non-existent, and yet it has this monster presence. I'm also finding myself wanting to smell it. I think I'm going to be buying a bottle.

RapidScent
RapidScent

Wow, I must say there are varying reviews on this perfume. People either hate or love it. Well, as for me, I find it just awesome. It smells fresh and like something that is a go to perfume. On me it smells citrusy and amber like. The scent lasts a while and on my clothes even after washing them. I can see where people get that it smells like Light Blue. But this is more mature. Light Blue is what the girl next door wears. This is what the woman down the lane wears. I can't believe I didn't get this sooner. It's just perfect.

mimosabee
mimosabee

Ok, I got all my weapons ready for this one!
This simple so-called non-perfume, and its price X ingredient contradiction is so hipster that I am hating it.
This non-perfume is not ground-breaking as it claims for ground-breaking is something like CK One which actually challenges gender. It is not postmodern as it claims, postmodern would be something like Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet for almost every individual note screams out equally so you cannot identify or describe it well. Its not inoffensive. That would be something like Clinique Happy or Tommy. It doesnt have a contemporary vintage feeling to it like Love by Chloe or Parissienne by YSL.

It is just hipster.

And that is for being boringly simplistic and pretending to be something expensive. Looks like they invested all the money to their slogan and nothing else.

"Not a perfume Juliette has a gun" is indeed not a fragrance. It is just marketing. A fad.

anis_karma
anis_karma

I smell this and it's good for the job time perfume.

CeeLeeBee
CeeLeeBee

Smells like nothing. Literally, nothing coming through. I don't get it...?

homesweethustle~
homesweethustle~

I can't believe so many people smell soap and laundry! This smells exactly like cigarette smoke (and amber) to me, and my husband gets something ammonia-like that clears his nose. Sometimes I like a little tobacco smoke so I'll use the rest of the sample for layering but I wouldn't buy a bottle.
Edit: fell asleep in this, and I still smell like cigarettes 14 hours later.

Marie_Anne
Marie_Anne

I was very intrigued by this perfume - not a perfume. On my skin sweet scents smell even sweeter and citrus scents become harsher, unisex are definitely men's perfumes on me, if there is any hint of "soapiness" it will become a dominant note on me. Now to the not a perfume: for the first 15 min I could not smell ANYTHING. Like nothing happened. After reading previous reviews I was like - oh, okay whatever. Then I started to feel something on me I could not quiet place. It was this not a perfume that developed into slightly sweet slightly floral distinctly powdery scent. It is so light and airy on me that I cannot decide if I am ready to pay of it (it is not cheap where I live!). On the other hand I rather like the idea that it has that unique quality that no one is going to ask you "oh, is it J'adore you are wearing?" Because it is close to not wearing anything but still carrying a scent… Too long to wait for Christmas:))

This smells almost identical to D&G's Light Blue for women

This smells almost identical to D&G's Light Blue for women

Turtledove
Turtledove

"Allergen Free" ... that must explain why I broke out in hives within 10 minutes. Come on.

Not worth it either, this doesn't smell like much of anything. Concentrated dose of a modern musk that even smells itchy, it's too fresh. I envy people with the skin chemistry/preference to enjoy this, because it seems like it's in just about everything.

However, I do think it can dramatically change other perfumes by layering. I tried it with Lolita Lempicka Fleur Defendue, and it gave the thick sweetness a fizzy lift. If it didn't give me such a bad reaction, and if it weren't so expensive to be such a novelty item, I might try it that way.

MollyCoddled
MollyCoddled

I know that this might smell different on a variety of people, so I will add my two cents. On me, it reminded me of freshly printed paper from a copier; warm paper and not quite dry ink. It was okay, just not what I want to smell like.

ScentFalcon
ScentFalcon

Guys, I think many here are missing the point of this scent.

First of all, Cetalox or Ambroxan smell differently on every skin. I know this is said for all fragrances in general, but it applies to this chemical even more so.

Second of all, similar to Molecule 01 or Molecule 02, you will only very vaguely (if at all) smell this scent yourself, but will rather project it to those around you. Although, I have to say that I can actually smell this better on myself than the Escentric Molecule series.

I remember the first time I smelled this scent was at a bar. I tried to locate the source of what I thought was an indescribably beautiful fragrance. It's weird, because even without knowing the name or the composition, I thought it wasn't a perfume per say. It may sound weird, but if scents had a colour and a feel to them, I would've described it as purple and warm. A warmth that I felt drawn to. To my surprise, the person who projected it was someone I could not have otherwise been attracted to, physically. But it got us talking, nevertheless, and I asked them for the name of the perfume.

I instantly rushed to the only store that I found out had it in stock, a boutique niche perfume store, and bought it. It doesn't smell anything on me like it did on that person, as far as my own nose can tell, but I do receive compliments when I wear it (on its own), even in crowded bars, so perhaps it does!

One further note:
This scent also projects very differently on different people. One girl at work as telling me that she could smell my scent from the other end of the office and that she thought it was beautiful, while a few colleagues I actually asked, said they could barely detect I was wearing anything at all.

In conclusion, I do believe it's worth having in your collection, if you have one. If you're rather someone who only has one or two perfumes, or if you want to actually be able to smell your own fragrance at all times, this may not be for you.

Guys, I think many here are missing the point of this scent.

One further note:

Rissatish
Rissatish

I tested a few spritzes of Not A Perfume and went to my doctor's appointment. The scent really suited that atmosphere. It smells very white, sterile, fresh, and clean. I received a compliment from the nurse, who called it very modern and wrote down the name. It's a perfect scent for someone in the medical field as it's non-obtrusive and free of allergens. I can also see it on someone with sleek, modern, minimalist style.

milkyway
milkyway

The name fits like a glove here. it's not a perfume, it's a weapon of mass destruction in a bottle. After trying it on skin it turned so cloyingly sweet I was afraid I was in the diabetes risk group by just smelling it. In all this sweetness it also managed to develop a sinister smell of something rotten in the background. Very peculiar, but then again, perfumes do tend to turn extremely sweet on my skin.

A total scrubber..

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Wore the other day for the first time and I received a compliment on how good I smelled. I was asked what I was wearing. Smells cleans a bit powdery very relaxing inviting and inoffensive. This would be a very good scent for layering as it smells like a bit woody base of a perfume. It's winter here where I live. Would love to sample in the summer. I sprayed generously and in my hair. I feel that if I don't do that the scent won't project as well. I had been wearing the scent since the morning I thought I was gone but no. It wa still there lingering that it was detected. A keeper for sure.

Charles
Charles

Escentric Molecule Molecule 02 is totally diferent.
In Molecule 02 is Ambroxan. In Juliette Has A Gun Not A Parfume is Cetalox. Cetalox and Ambroxan are very diferent.

Juliette Has A Gun Not A Parfume (Cetalox) is comon powdery musky smell.

Escentric Molecule Molecule 02 (Ambroxan) is pure ambergris heaven. The best basenote ingredient ever.

Kione
Kione

Not a Perfume is not just a name. It is what it is.

On the discovery kit says it is great for layering. So.
I sprayed it on my right hand; as you'd expect, there is not much to it, I can smell some faint beachy, citrusy scent. Maybe some people can pull it off on its own. I don't think I can.
I sprayed on my left hand on top of Paloma Picasso eau de Toilette (because that is what I was wearing, but I reapplied before Not a Perfume) NOW, it has completely changed the PP incredibly to a much much better scent! I love PP but I do find it a little masculine. PP + Not a Perfume is a sweeter, creamier and totally feminine version of PP. It has given it a feminine kick. It has also improved its silleage.

I literally can't wait to see what it does to my other perfumes and I could possibly purchase a full bottle for my experiments.

This is what having fun with a fragrance is like.

There's not much to write about *Not A Perfume* because the name says all we need to now about the *fragrance*. Basically a concentrate of all I don't like about mainstream perfumery and modern *faux* niche. Escentric Molecules did something extremely similar a bunch of years before but, at least, they put some effort on the marketing…

Not A Perfume. I couldn't agree more.

kbot
kbot

Very wearable and practical (although that might not be a word people want to associate with their perfume!). This is the equivalent of tan/camel colored riding boots--goes with just about every outfit. It really is just amber and musk, and for that reason might smell like many other things, or at least the base of many other things, but it is also refreshing in its simplicity and quality. It has lasted throughout the day--I put it on at 8:30am and it is almost 3:30 and still humming right along. Sits close to the skin, very warm and excellent as a winter fragrance. Could also be layered with many other things in my wardrobe.

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

Don't get me wrong, this smells really nice. It has nice sillage, I can smell it all day, it is something different from start to finish. But it always smells like the base of another fragrance. When I first sprayed it on, I thought it smelled like Light Blue. But actually it smells like the base of Light Blue, and so many other modern fragrances, without the other notes that make those fragrances interesting. It's sweet, a little sour, perfectly pleasant. But $100+ for something that's in every other fragrance you can find at the mall? I'll pass.

Also: free of allergens? This made me sneeze as soon as I finished spraying it on...

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

My friend Eliza wears this. And the moniker is very accurate. You don't get a perfume. No top middle or base notes, no aldehydes, no fruity openings of bergamot or citrus, no other fruits, no flowers, no woods, no sandalwood, no amber, no musk, no patchouli. Nothing. So what is this? On my friend Eliza this smells like the most fragrant full bodied body mist ever. It leaves a trail of scent whenever she walks past anyone. But it's a unique and very hard-to-make out kind of smell. It's definitely chemical. If there's any aldehydes it's not the aldehydes used in perfume. For the life of me, even as a mature nose, I can't figure out what this is. I understand the concept of the fragrance and that it's supposed to be just Ambroxan C16 H28 O bu that's just a chemical. Why on earth would anyone want to wear an element from the periodic table I remember looking at in high school every weekday LOL This is pure chemical. As such it's cold, metallic and very much like the gun that the name suggests Juliette is carrying. This Juliette is not the romantic maiden from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. This is a strong woman who is mature enough to be confident enough to wear this, knowing full well that it's not a perfume but a chemical. But that's such a small niche demographic. I wore it one time for Halloween when my friend let me borrow it. It's fine for Halloween. It's ok once in a while to smell unlike any other woman around me. This, let's call it a fragrance even though it's a chemical, is totally unisex and wears like a man's cologne. Men you guys can wear this better than we can. In fact Ambroxan is a strong player in the men's cologne SAUVAGE by Dior. I just can't wear it as either a signature scent or even as a statement fragrance. I think not even a chemistry teacher would wear this LOL. It's a great concept in fragrance though and very creative. The other fragrances from this Juliette line look more interesting and more type of fragrance (flower girl) and I will be giving them a try throughout 2016. I can't wait for the New Fragrance New Year to begin!

Talicalicia
Talicalicia

The key to Not A Perfume is layering. Spray on any perfume and then spary on Not a Perfume and you will find you have 2 perfumes not one. By itself Not aA Perfume doesn't smell like anything other than minerals, its power is changing the scent sof any other perfume Wear it with Dior Pure Poison and it freshens it up. Wear it with Emozione and it punches it up a notch, its something different to all perfumes. Its not a perfume to wear by itself and if you are, you're doing it wrong and have missed the point entirely.

HHelle
HHelle

It smells like minerals, ocean breezes, and fresh laundry, with a tiny bite of something spicy. Like black pepper, not cinnamon. It's very fresh, and clean.

This is slightly reminiscent of Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt, or yes, Light Blue.

It's devoid of everything that is in every other fragrance. Which is a very welcome change.

Erinista
Erinista

I got this in the JHAG discovery set. I think it smells great. I like amber. However, there is absolutely no way I'm spending $100 on a 50 ml bottle. I just may spend $5.00 for some cetalox and mix up my own, though!

Guenevere9
Guenevere9

Bought it as a gift to myself for my birthday some years ago, it's one of my signature fragrances since then.
I discover it following a lady who was wearing it: she was literally been followed by this incredibly scented trail.
Turned out it's way more delicate on my skin, almost barely noticeable.
I was disappointed at first, but then I started to appreciate the subtle halo that this -not a perfume- gives me.
Stronger in summer, when the skin gets warmer, it's very long lasting.
I know, it sounds strange: subtle but long lasting. But it's what it is.
I love it, and wear it all year around.

Giovanna
Giovanna

Yesterday I was at the supermarket and smelled a beatifull perfume that was leaving a huge sillage. I followed it and saw a lady- it was her! I was going to ask which perfume was she wearing but then lost my courage. She went to an oposite direction buying some yogurts, and I went to the fruit section. While I was there the perfume trail was still there surrounding so so powerfull that I had to go ask her.
She looked like she didn't wanted to tell the name , but then she remembered and said ..a gun! I said: Juliet has a gun!? And she confirmed and said it was a white bottle. That day I went to the shopping and tried it on my skin. It was the same scent but softer. I bought it right away but it is so soft on me with light sillage :( and no one from my family even commented... the same has happened with escentric molecules escentric 2... perhaps I need to spray heavy... On my skin it is very similar to molecule 1 which I also own.

Venusta
Venusta

This literally smells like clean skin. For this money I could buy 100 bars of gently scented Dove soap.

Maybe I'm too naive to understand the appeal behind this soap perfume. I also get very mild laundry detergent...

Hmm... .. . no.

ellementira
ellementira

This one was hard to pin down the first couple times I wore it. Sometimes I got straight up musk, sometimes it smelled like clean laundry, sometimes it smelled like nothing at all. My boyfriend seems to be anosmic to it, as he can't smell it even when freshly applied.

Edit: I figured out Not A Perfume's magic lies in layering, go figure. It makes some beautiful combinations with gourmands in particular. I still think its lack of longevity/projection makes it very overpriced.

sunnysaintstar
sunnysaintstar

Am I the only person who got nothing from this? My nose didn't smell it. Just nothing! It was like spritzing baked air on my wrist, baked air does not exist and this doesn't for me either..... I have a nose that always detects something but sorry, this did absolutely 0 on me.....

Kristina25
Kristina25

Hmm, I don't know what to make of this. On my wrist it smells like a watered down Prada L'eau Ambree. And then after half an hour, turns into a sort of laundry detergent smell. On my sister however, it's a very pleasant airy, ambery musk, not unlike Narciso Rodriguez EDT. I think it's definitely a matter of chemistry and a very personal...juice? Well, I can't call it perfume can I? (!)

canny1234
canny1234

I was inspired to try this perfume after a reviewer of Roses Musk stated she smelt a lot of Ambroxan in it.Yes this substance is most definitely in Roses Musk.Its a diffuse,rosy,flowery,warm,musky rounded scent on me.Its delicious and smells like me,only better.Now I know why many of my favourite perfumes have Ambroxan as a constituent.I've been wearing it for a couple of hours only but I would suspect moderate longevity and small silage.I don't think I would go out and buy a bottle of this but I will enjoy my sample and maybe purchase a small decant some time.

LillyBelle
LillyBelle

A sample from the discovery set. The name said it all. I don't see this as like D&G light blue. It is as it states one note called Cetalox
It's allergy free. But is used as a back note for fragrances. This is what is said on the card that accompanied this sample. It is one of Ricci's favorite ingredients. It was to have the end result of being minimalist, elegant and pure.

It to me is not pleasant. Not quite sure why someone would want this. It is as stated a detergent cleaner type smell. It lasted 4 hours with closer silage.

MQS
MQS

PASS

i bought a sample online after reading a lot of good and bad reviews about it.

after first sniff you will get LIGHT AND BLUE D&G for a few minutes then a good musky smell followed by cheep chemical smell.

all i'm sorry about is i had to stick with the smell for 8 hours till i arrived home to get rid of bad chemical headache inducer smell.

overall you won't missing a thing passing this perfume. save your money and find something special.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

Love!!! I believe I have found my signature fragrance!! Yay!! I love D&G Light Blue but it smells bitter on my skin. This is a nice alternative that smells great on me!! I am so pleased! Also the longevity is great! 12hours and I can still faintly smell it. Will be buying this one!!

cinnakitty
cinnakitty

This was part of the JHAG sample set.

I now know what the base of a lot of perfumes is! Far from being unable to smell it, I smell this as insanely strong. I am presuming my skin amps this up or I am extremely sensitive to it as this
is what a lot of perfumes boil down to after about 30 minutes on me. There are two bases I smell in most modern releases, this is one and there's another, but I don't know what that is yet. If I had the desire for this I would make it myself. It's a loud musk, like laundry product on steroids. It gets 'cleaner' as it goes on.
Bit of an 'emperors new clothes' type scent to me.

I think it makes me think of hugely over applied perfume that has evaporated until only the base remains.

Not my most eloquent review but not a lot to work with here.

enigmaticessence
enigmaticessence

Well, I thought I recognized this. It does smell like Light Blue. A friend guessed iso e super, but grey amber makes sense as this is softer and a little musky.

I also get some - um - lily of the valley? The slight sharpness of this makes me instantly think of perfume, so at least on me the name is incorrect. I have a feeling it was intended to blend better. Instead of fading, it persists on my skin. Aside from this, it is not only pleasant, but also unisex.

Longevity and sillage, medium....on me. I would be in love if it was as gentle as it seems to be on others! It's interesting to note that Light Blue also persists on me, becoming a monster in it's last act. Ahhh, what could have been....!

ularewolf
ularewolf

No joke, this fragrance smells nearly identical to Le Labo's Russian exclusive Benjoin 19 at the drydown.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Indeed, it's not a perfume. But the smell is instantly familiar. One sniff and you'll realize you've smelled this many a time before as a note in other perfumes. As others have said, it does remind me of Light Blue.

It smells nice enough as a single ingredient, but I can't imagine paying that kind of money for something that truly isn't a perfume but a lone piece in the perfume puzzle. I'm sure it would be great for layering, but again, that's a lot of money to pay for one note. To each their own, I guess.

This might be a good option for people with allergies or those who live with them.

Lana148
Lana148

I am totally anosmic to this, I can smell nothing! Some sort of clean smell for the first few seconds and then nothing.

A joke, a gimmick!

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

Quite happy to have this. Very much a clean laundry scent. I have had several people comment on it positively. Nothing dramatic but I like the single molecule offerings at times. There is a time and place for simple.

Tiger84
Tiger84

Am I anosmic or is this really like a spritz of Light Blue mixed into a bucket of water?

natashad11
natashad11

Yes, it's expensive for what it is. But it does smell good on my skin.

Recognize this smell as something that's in D&G Light Blue. It's a clean, musky, warm, creamy scent. On my skin, it kind of just floats around me in a soft cloud. I can smell it coming and going quite often. It has a slight incensey-alcohol smell but that's only if I sniff my skin directly, really close. Otherwise I never smell that.

iampefrume
iampefrume

I just wanna say that this is the most beautiful perfume EVER!!! it smels amazing and to all of you who thinks that it's not that good maybe its because of lyour skin..I mean not every skin can smell good..this is so pure and natuaral scent ....I'm in loveeee!

freakypirate
freakypirate

Not A Perfume was in the (ridiculously cheap) sample set from Juliette Has A Gun and I was excited to try it because I read it was so different. Sprayed the little envelope it came in, smelled safe, so I sprayed it on my arm-- BOOM! A very pungent alcoholic nostril-burning smell.

After about an hour it smelled a bit like something burned, or scorched-- bitter and pungent like someone burned the garlic in the frying pan, and then spritzed it with lime scented cleaning detergent.

It doesn't smell ambery or musky on me at all, maybe a wee bit powdery. But that powder is far away, somewhere in the distance between the alcohol, the scorch and the bitter lime-- I don't think this molecule and I are a good match.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

When did this idiotic trend of selling mono-molecule fragrances start? "Good for layering"? It surely is, that's why they use it for making perfumes, it's an ingredient and so it should be marketed. But for God's sake, do we need Juliette has a Gun passing off a bottle of that at 10 times the price of its only ingredient – for "layering"? That does not make sense to any extent. It's like paying 100 EUR a bottle of water because it's good for layering with your lunch. Unworthy any review (like Molecule 01 and similar pathetic phenomenas). And by the way it's cetalox, not ambroxan, bit different (cheaper, less complex, more on the clean/white side, they use it for floor cleaning products).

Migalex
Migalex

I found the name very appealing before I actually tried to sniff it. I actually though it a great idea for a fragrance. But when I tried it on I realized it must be a joke, and an expensive one. It is not a perfume indeed, I just could not smell anything. Having said that, I quite like the brand.

becuille
becuille

I can't help but feel this is a gimmicky rip off, just like Escentric Molecules (which it is clearly a stolen idea from anyway).

It does smell nice. It's warm and fresh, a bit like fresh baked bread. It's very wearable and unisex.

I guess ultimately it's about what you want to smell like, so in that sense calling it a rip off may be unfair. But I just can't shake the feeling that £70 for a very cheap-to-make chemical compound in some ethanol is someone having a laugh.

Warm, fresh, fairly good longevity, weak sillage. But I personally wouldn't buy a full bottle of this at the price they want for it. These sorts of perfumes to me are the fragrance equivalent of someone scrunching up a ball of paper and calling it art then charging a fortune for it.

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

Not A Perfume is very clean and soft, like a clean white cotton t-shirt. This is what I THOUGHT Clean Cotton T-Shirt perfume would smell like but unfortunately, that one is just a headache in a bottle. This one is much closer to what a white cotton t-shirt fresh out of the laundry smells like.

I think this is a great perfume for people who hate perfume but want to smell clean and fresh. Like a mother who doesn't want to wear heavy, cloying perfume around her kids but still wants to smell pretty. Unfortunately, it's way overpriced- you can just use Downy Unstoppables on your laundry and probably get the same effect. And the Downy probably lasts longer.

So, this is not a perfume. I guess, I can't say much about the notes, but it smells like a perfume fading away. It smelled like this right when I tried it. So, very linear in my opinion.
I like it a lot, though. It's nice, light and modest. Smells soo cute! I enjoy it a lot.
Less is more!

Gidrocity
Gidrocity

OMG!!! Today i bought this amazing perfume and I LOVE IT! its gonna be my signature for a while now...going to get a 2nd bottle while I still can....exactly what i was looking for, unique and beautiful fragrance, very soft and sexy, just wanna smell myslef all the time! cant wait to go out and see what other people think of how I smell :))) wooohooooo
and P.S. no, it doesnt remind me of Dolce Gabbana Light Blue...and I am glad for that

Update: the lasting power however is very weak :( what a pitty, have to reapply all the time

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

Before I start talking about this particular member of the Juliette clan, I must say that where I live there are no "molecular scents" or cetalox-based perfumes such as the Escentric Molecules collection and similar, so Not a Perfume would be my very first experience with this sort of...scents.

The very first time I tried on this unusual member of the Juliette crew, it lasted for five seconds before disappearing like in a magic trick. 30 minutes later, after I said to myself that Mr Ricci must have created an "expensive irony", NAP suddenly bloomed on my arm in the fashion of a " clean skin-based" scent.

After that first time, Not a Perfume shows its beautiful artificiality in a linear mineral way, like clean laundry fresh out of the tumbler; a rather pleasant and modern feeling for someone whose country is used to solifloral, cheap Victoria's Secret splashes and whichever trendy perfume is on sale.

Once I tried to use Not a perfume for layering, but to my surprise, it eclipsed the "proper perfume" while that won't stop of trying with another one.

I must say that NAP did catch my attention about Cetalox fragrances, so when I manage to try one of the Escentric collection or similar; I'm going to try them and then I'll be able to say whether they're better than this one, the same or whatnot :P

pravda48
pravda48

On my skin this is very subtle and very lovely. It has that freshly-out-of-the-dryer fabric softener scent to me. Very comforting and cozy without being warm.

It reminds me of a much less sharp version of Bijan Nude, and a lot like the ethereal, cool soft musky petal feel of Infusion d'Iris.

I like this very much and find myself bringing my wrist to my nose often to sniff it and it makes me feel cheery and relaxed! It's really a lovely experience, I just wish it had some volume. I do definitely have to bring it right up to my nose to smell it so I don't see its price justified for that reason alone. If it had even moderate sillage I would purchase it for sure. Will save some of my sample to try in hot weather and see how it fares.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Not A Perfume smells similar to Light Blue but much softer and without citrus notes. Very light, but very long lasting. I had been raving over it for 3 years, but when I finally bought it, poof, the magic is gone. I still love it, but the scent of the perfume (what an irony) is almost non-existent! It's a shame, especially considering the price. I think I should've bought a Chanel instead. Well, at least I've got a 100ml bottle for a 50ml price. Quite a deal. This is a nice minimalist scent with extremely low sillage, good lasting power and it's very overpriced.

Update:
The projection is pretty good, actually. It seems that my nose got used to the scent.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

What an amazing 'not' perfume! It stays close to the skin, but lasts for ages! You won't offend anyone in a crowd, but if anyone gets close to you they'll want you so bad! Juliette has a gun do the best recipes with rose!

brightstar
brightstar

First of all, not at all similar to Light Blue. Then I must say I'm not a big fan of JHAG but I like its concepts. Not A Perfume is not a fragrance it's a scent (if you know what I mean). I go against the other reviews by saying to me it's a strong and synthetic scent with moderate sillage. I don't love ambroxan (JHAG really does, it's the base note of most of its perfumes) I partially like it, but it starts soon to cloy and annoy me. Not full bottle worth.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

I know I am probably going to be in a minority here but I love it. It smells very clean, almost clinically clean, always fresh and crisp. Tends to last reasonably well on me. Perfect for my work. People around me take a sniff and and state I smell good but can't work out what it is.

starvega
starvega

I love JHAG and it's nice to try a different concept, but this isn't something I would pay a niche price for. The first blast is chemical/alcohol and this dries down on me as a musty, unisex 'something'. Kind of clean smelling, and the smell of alcohol seems to hang around faintly too. Very meh.

silviaci
silviaci

I add to the choir, diluted Light Blue. At first I thought it was a joke: I couldn't literally smell it. Then I thought this could be my first case of anosmia. Then again, I got some hint of a pale, far lost note. If I think about the price of it, I feel outraged. In any case, I'm not going to buy one.

evacecilias
evacecilias

Not a perfume ?
Well I don't agree...to the fact I love these type of non flowery perfumes , nondescriptable and still lovely.
I think people/reviewers mix the fact that it is subtle , with the actual name. I think the subtleness has nothing to do with the name , but only the fact that it is supposed to be one with you and your body.
When wearing this , the warmth of my body gave life to the lesser notes and it surprised me with its underestematefd power and woody glow.
I was not surprised to see ecc 02 as a twin match , cause that was my first thought too.
At heart and drydown it really made me get the lovely woody notes of prada infusion d'iris, as well.
I love these subtle scent when a single note is this good.
Only two things bugging me is whats the chemical ingridiant is doing to your skin and overall health..and also the prize range this perfume is in.
I would truly love wearing it if I got a bottle , but I also have to compare it to the eccentric ones and also xs for her l'ecces , which also is a similar type of scent. Thanks mooniq for the sample !
This IS a perfume !

Where is the smell?? Weak and Pale. If I put my nose close to skin I can smell weak fresh leaf/patchuli/woodsy-notes. But if I put my nose about 10 cm away from my skin - I can't smell anything.

Var är doften? Svag och blek. Om jag sätter näsan helt intill handryggen där jag sprejade provet så kan jag känna svag blad/patchouli/träiga noter. Om jag tar bort handryggen 10 cm från näsan - så känner jag inget alls.

Michelina
Michelina

I agree with the previous reviewer; this smells like a diluted D&G Light Blue. It's a skin scent, very light, clean, and unobtrusive (definitely a "fresh laundry" kind of vibe), that is, after all, the entire idea behind the thing...longevity's a bit wonky - I've had it on all day and just when I think it's fizzled itself out, I catch a random whiff of it again.

To be fair, it is what it claims to be, so no complaints there; price tag needs a revisit.

Pherise
Pherise

This works so well on my skin. It's warm and cozy but not to heavy or musky. i cant believe how it is so warm, but every now and then I get a whiff of soft flowers. It also smells amazing on my coat and accessories. I'll put my scarf on and it just smells divine. It never seems to fade on me. This is what I wish I just naturally smelled like, all the time.

Animato
Animato

On me: vetiver, sweet amber and bamboo. Nice, fresh and clean, but very quiet. I can't say I dont like it but it is defenetly off for now (autumn).
I'll come back for you in spring and revisit you then :)

For an untrained nose like mine, Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna is the stong, aquatic and musky version of Not a Perfume.

Wichapi
Wichapi

How interesting! ON ME, this opens with extreme alcohol and musk, going **very** animalic. Then a muted amber works its way up through the "wild" cloud, taming down the critter a bit. It pleasantly wafts a dusky amber for quite a few hours, but close to the nose it's still very feral. This one I will reach for when in doubt as to what I should wear. It "gets along" in almost every circumstance and situation.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

On me this perfume smells like kenzo intense air

sky74
sky74

It's nice, not amazing. on me it smells a bit like one of the "Omnias" from Bulgary. Very very subtle and discreet, but lasts for hours. Wouldn't purchase.

Anhallole
Anhallole

I dont know how to describe it. I guess it works differently on my skin chemistry.
At first it smelled like alcohol on my skin,
15 mins later, i was bathed in a rainforest, a tropical rainforest. Fresh yet there was certain warmth to it.
30 mins after application, it went to Dolce Gabbana Blue.
An hour later, the scent was similar to Black XS (men and women somehow), mixing with a bit of Coco Mademoiselle and a light reminder of J'adore from Dior.
Now, aftee 2 hours of the first application, i smell of berries, some warm spices accords (cinnamon and ginger), vanilla and surprizingly, fur!! Vintage fur!!
I absolutely love it, and cant wait to get my actual bottle.
I guess the scent evolves accordingly with my mood and feelings.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Well this one has not received a lot of love here, has it?

I went to a very exclusive club in Paris. Came across a guy who smelled AMAZING and I had to ask him what the hell he was wearing, it was intoxicating and incredibly intense. It projected 2-3 meters away from him.
I thought he was wearing something like Tam Dao with Vertiver and Eau de Lierre drydown + amber + musk. I just couldn't stop guessing in my head.

He then introduced me to his friend, who was standing next to him, a lovely French girl, who is a creative director/someone-important-I-didn't-exactly-hear-over-the-music for JHaG. So that was an interesting experience! I found out he was wearing this. On him - it worked amazingly.

Unfortunately on me, it works too. It's great on my skin and I am not afraid to say it, despite all of the negative reviews. It's not as intense though. Maybe my skin chemistry is just right for this. And I'm saying 'unfortunately' because knowing the price point and the manufacturing costs is definitely stopping me from purchasing a bottle.

Sjdaugherty
Sjdaugherty

Hmmmmm very soft, amber, and powdery. Not bad at all. Like a whisper on my skin. I like it.

mendwillie
mendwillie

I love that smell, well unisex, but does not last long on my skin and its projection is strong at the beginning then it gets very close to the skin. Scent of a chemical structure very natural. Applause for Romano Ricci.

I sort like this:
Smell: 10/10
Projection: 8/10

Norgirl
Norgirl

Clean fresh Musk . like the strong musk in Montales Roses Musk. its strong a bit Sharp. but at the same time very very Close to skin. this is week, airy and subtle on my skin . but fun to have tested and tryed .. comfortable soft soapy and just barely notisable

Na0
Na0

Well well well...
What to say ? This is pure enigma. I'll try to write a clear review about it, but it will be difficult.

Not a perfume ? Yes, that's clearly not a perfume, for sure. Nothing ? No, this isn't nothing, I'm disagree with people thinking that.

It has a scent, present for sure, however it's very discrete, transparent, evanescent. But it's here ! Very mysterious.

Well, that's not a perfume as I said, this is more like the sensation of extreme cleanliness !

You know, when you have muddy ground on your shoes, or dog poop, it smells like shit, right ? That's the reverse for it !

This is like a neutral scent, very fresh one, when you clean up all the mess on your house, you smell fresh air, relaxing, invigorating. That's it.

That's why I make a love for this one, not for the scent itself, but for the feat to have created on a bottle the captivating essence of purity. Like a very very special soap that enhance your own skin scent.

Smell : 5 / 5
Versatility : 2 / 5
Longevity : 5 / 5
Projection : 3 / 5

Overall : 15 / 20

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

On me, it smells like Bulgari Black. The genius thing about this fragrance is that it truly smells COMPLETELY different on each individual, depending on their chemistry.

These people that are bashing this for being "nothing but water in a fancy bottle" desperately need to read the description..this is why you're supposed to try a fragrance on your skin before you buy it. There are so many opportunities to find samples on the internet, especially at Lucky Scent.

I happen to have a fragrance boutique in my city that has this beauty, and my friend that owns it was telling me that this smells like dryer sheets on her. I was interested in the concept, so I quickly sprayed this on my skin.

I got a very clean, rubbery leather smell. It made me think of Bulgari Black, with the notes of leather and tea. The main difference is, Bulgari Black smells like a condom on me..but this smells BEAUTIFUL!

This is most definitely the definition of a skin scent. This isn't a perfume to wear to impress those around you. Perfume isn't solely about getting compliments, like you people think. If that's how you are, then you need to get your self esteem checked because you shouldn't wear adornments for the sole sake of impressing others.

Thus, this is a fragrance for yourself to enjoy. If you can't enjoy yourself, you can't truly enjoy anything.

Definitely try this out! You might be pleasantly surprised!

Mezmoran
Mezmoran

Smells like the clean sweat from a woman's crouch... Sorry but it's the only way to describe it :/

Sireniya
Sireniya

мне абсолютно не понравился, напомнил какое-то моющее средство для стекла, причем без отдушек, а в чистом виде растворителя...

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

I smelled NADA in a expensive fancy bottle! Do I want to pay 40 euros for a ghost perfume??? NAO OBRIGADA

TakeABiteOfMe
TakeABiteOfMe

The project seems to be so particular and innovative, futuristic and simple, linear, a contrast against all those chaotic perfumes out there.
Ambroxan, what could I say? No, simply no. Why? Really, we don't need it, we could have survived also without ambroxan.
I don't get it, it's only a waste of time and energy, and of money for us.
On my skin Not A Perfume smells like bleach. Not like fresh and pleasent washed laudry, just like bleach.
Aseptic, excessively artificial, chemical, it smells like the disinfected corridors of a hospital.
Really avoidable.
I'm sorry, I love Juliette Has A Gun, I absolutely adore Lady Vengeance and Citizen Queen, but Not A Perfume is too different from the concept of the brand and from the common idea of "fresh and clean".
"Ma anche no" we say in Italian, "But also no".

Blimunda
Blimunda

Congratulations for so precisely chosen name-this is not a perfume, just a waste of money!

I am not sure how I would describe this scent, to me, it smells a bit musky and so clean, fresh but almost unnoticeable as it follows the smell of your own true skin.

sparris
sparris

If Juliette has a gun, this is what it smells like since this smells very much like metal to me, at least half the time. At other times more like someone's skin half an hour after coming from a swim in the sea. Hmmm...needs further testing.

honeydays
honeydays

I agree with those who say it smells like the Light Blue vetiver drydown. Unfortunately I loathe that smell. Also, I own a tiny bit of true ambergris solution, and it smells nothing like this. Will post update if it changes after 5-10 hours but since I truly loathe the current scent I'm not sure I can wait 5-10 hours.

Update:
It is now 10 hours in and it's positively vulgar. I'm so grateful for this experiment because I now know the name of the molecule that is present in so many perfumes I hate. Will be avoiding anything containing Ambroxen in the future!

Truly does not smell like real ambergris (described above as "gray amber") unless I put a huge amount of imagination into it. Yes, Ambroxen is officially the substitute for ambergris. But make sure you are not comparing it to "amber" which is not the same thing as "ambergris" aka "gray amber".

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

I really do like this. I love amber so of course this is up my alley.

It's a very basic fragrance. Classy, clean, and understated but with a depth and soft allure that for me, only amber can evoke.

It's better for fall/winter- I think in the warmer months it would be too heavy and masking. I usually don't like fragrances THIS stripped down, and sometimes I do think it needs an extra bit of oomphh but the point of Not A Perfume is the one note so I guess either take it or leave it.

I'll take it!

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

Mist, powder...You want to seize it, catch it with your nose, feel it and analyze it...and you can't. Because it's only a moment which lasts a second and never repeats, but stays eternally in your memory. This is what Not A Perfume Juliette Has A Gun. Most amazing perfume I've ever met.

AveParfum
AveParfum

What's next, clothing companies that produce "not clothing" so you hand over your money and get a small piece of plastic wrap to cover your privates??

It's unbelievable to me that a perfume company would produce something like this. No sh*t it's "not a perfume"! I'm shocked it's still on their product line. It probably sells well as a gag gift. Save yourself the money and just use a scented soap in the shower. Your skin will smell the same as this "un-perfume".

midgetmage
midgetmage

This is my first review only because this is getting a bad Rep. Please remember, perfumes smell different on everyone. Its subtle enough to wear to my restaurant job but wears for hours.

It boosted my sea appeal to the point random men were complimenting it and my boyfriend growled when I got home from work, with it still on my neck. Its simple but low and almost imperceptible but the primal undertone gets noticed.

It has the warm glow of pure desire and will actually make you purr while wearing it. It may be pricey but for over 3 oz (where many domestic only sell up to 2.5) its certainly not the worst I've seen. I will buy the full bottle soon and maybe the little one for my purse.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

I bought a small bottle of this on ebay (very cheap, otherwise, I wouldn't have purchased it)

I agree that this is great to layer with other perfumes,and after finding it's smell (alone with nothing else) to be rather pointless. I actually mixed this.. not layered but mixed it in little vials with other perfumes. Mostly perfumes that I thought were too strong yet at the same time didn't last long, and well a few this actually worked out magnificently :)

Also after reading these reviews, I think I'm going to have to wait until I have absolutely not even a drop of another scent on me, then try this, give it 10 hours and I will report back with my results :)

GinsTheThing
GinsTheThing

I've been trying perfume samples for over a year now and consequently my poor work colleagues have too, indirectly. 'Not a Perfume' is the 1st one when several commented on the lovely fresh scent in the room. I joked that this one is alot of money for smelling like fabric conditioner but they disagreed using terms like 'subtle' & 'clean'.

So there you have it. Personally I DO really like it but there's no doubt in my mind / nose it does have a laundry note. As for lasting power it lasts all day on me and I get wafts from the sweatshirt I had on from the first spray. Like it enough for a FB ? - definitely if I were richer !!!!

MyNoirBeehive
MyNoirBeehive

Upon first spray= rubbing alcohol. 2 hours later = alcohol-y, warm glowy nothing.

Not worth the price tag by ANY means.

Update- 5 hours after I sprayed it on it BLOOMED on my skin, at 10 hrs after it was at its best. Wow. Took a while to show up on my skin but when it did it was a shining amber-y, nostalgic scent. So, it's a strange experience. Would be great for layering to add deapth or glowyness to something flat.

dontcallmyname
dontcallmyname

It says "Not a Perfume is based on contradictions, since its composition is created of molecules and is the only fragrance without allergens." I noticed right away that in fact it did not bug me but was surprisingly yummy and very delicate without any irritating components (there are a big number of perfumes today that make me be sneezing, shed tears and cough)). I think the point is the fragrance can appear a bit too simple to many and turn them away, according to reviews, it's something sweet dissolved in a great bucket of water. However, I am able to smell amber, musk and woody aspect of this. As for the price.. What if it does take more efforts and costs to get a complicated composition that sounds so slight and fresh, that's to say,"simple"? After all, the creators succeded in reaching the sensual (and even sexual) nuances.

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

Saw it selling for 145.00. Practically fell off my chair when I sniffed this rediculously priced juice that smells like Gain laundry detergent. Someone is having a laugh somewhere while rolling in heaps of money.

(the next day) On the positive side, it's a day later - after dishwashing and showering - and I can still smell this on my wrist. However, I do use Gain laundry detergent, so maybe I'm just smelling my freshly laundered sweater...

chaosvirtu
chaosvirtu

Yes this has a smell. I sampled it from a test vial I purchased from the JHAG site. It does not project more than a few feet, but it lasts for hours. I find it very pleasant, the sort of smell that makes you want to snuggle up to the person wearing it. If it were on the right persons neck for instance, the desire to bury your nose in this warm scent would be irresistable. Is it worth the price? Not a chance in hell, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe that's because Omnia by Bulgari smells EXACTLY like this on me 30 minutes after I put it on (from the reviews of Omnia I believe it reacts differently on me than most others). So I did enjoy this fragrance, but I feel that I already have it.

ALaM
ALaM

What an obnoxious concept. Only hipsters with too much money would even consider paying for something like this.

chiara.candaele
chiara.candaele

I can't exactly describe why or how, but this scent does amazing things to my sexappeal. It smells nothing like alcohol on me, instead it spreads a powerful and gorgeous scent that smells like it is a part of my natural body odour. I love to spray it all over my body and bath in that glorious scent. It has a great silage, and during the day it develops in an even sexier fragrance. Simply divine.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

This is nothing else, but a diluted D&G Light Blue, enough said. If you don't like wearing fragrances, you can wear this instead. Or you can walk around unscented, no that much of a difference.

xtrm
xtrm

I can't understand why people keep saying it has no scent and they could smell almost nothing.

On me, Not a Perfume is so loud that it's impossible to miss. It's hard to describe it - it's like breathing oxygen with every cell of your body. For me it's gorgeous - exactly what the description says - "minimalist, elegant, pur". I'd add "classy" - less is more.

Juma
Juma

Yes, almost no scent, true!
Why to waste my and your money, for almost nothing, maybe a shadow of fabric softener, and even at niche price?

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

A friend sent me a sample of this and for some reason, I had to have it. A ghostly non-present background fragrance that I find somehow addicting.

Apparently Escentric MOLECULE 02, launched in 2008, is essentially ambroxan, and Juliette Has a Gun NOT A PERFUME, launched in 2010, is also essentially ambroxan. Is there a problem here? Well, I guess that everyone has the right to bottle an aromachemical and sell it at 10,000% profit if they want to. And, amazingly enough, some people really will buy it, even at niche prices!

Although I have not smelled MOLECULE 02, NOT A PERFUME does remind me of my memory of MOLECULE 01: vague woodishness, a bit perfumey. Smells okay, which is to be expected, since this is used to boost the perfumic quality of perfumes, right? To my nose, NOT A PERFUME smells like the base of a men's cologne featuring cedar. It's not too masculine, but it's definitely not feminine.

Okay, I think that this once original idea has exhausted its fifteen minutes of fame. Time to return to perfume, thank you very much!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Received my sample from Luckyscent.com.

Sprayed on my skin and got a small blast of alchohol. Then for the rest of the day/evening and into the next day, it smelled like a Bounce® dryer sheet.

Thats not a terrible thing really, I happen to like the smell of Bounce®, but frankly for less money, I could just rub dryer sheets on me and call it a day!!

calyx93
calyx93

Go to the Perfumer's Apprentice website, order a small amount of Ambroxan crystals, add them to 100ml of pure ethanol (or grain alcohol, over-proof vodka, etc.), shake until dissolved - now spray on your skin. Voila! You now have JHAG's Not A Perfume (or Escentric Molecule's Molecule 02) for a very tiny fraction of the price.

Do this separately with Iso E Super and then with Vetiveryl Acetate (from the same website) instead of the Ambroxan and then you'll get Escentric Molecule's Molecule 01 and Molecule 03.

Amazing what people will buy ... I suppose a sucker really IS born every minute.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Have to press the dislike button here,even though i cant say what it is i dont like really.
because theres nothing there. I smell nothing.

And whats the purpose with a perfume if u cant smell it!

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

On me: Blast of alcohol; D&G Light Blue; Pale vetiver; bleached musk with a hint of gasoline. Strange but likeable.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is quite a strange (not a) perfume. It makes my skin smell like my skin and yet sweet.

This scent smells like the way the lingering traces of several other perfumes after they have been on a while smell. Which makes sense as this is used as a base note in a lot a fragrances.

I actually quite like it, it's probably the most inoffensive scent I ever tried. But I wouldn't spend 100+ euros on this.

Not bad and fairly pleasant, but I expected something exciting and interesting from this concept and I got a subtle, linear fragrance that's basically my skin but sweeter.

I'm not sure what to think of it. On the one hand I find it quite interesting. It's a warm, soft and inoffensive scent. But then it's like the scent has almost faded when you use it. It's very linear. Maybe it's a bit too woody, fresh and masculine for me. I also am not so much a fan of scents that are hardly discernible.

PS: I tested it again today and it's really not for me. The first minute is a strong alcoholic blast and then it's almost gone.

maviscarmen
maviscarmen

This appears to me a scent without opening (well, you can say the opening is alcohol, serious alcohol, guess you can use it on abrasion), without development, immediate jumps to the faintness, like 12 hours after wearing sth you like.

Mind that I say sth you "like", so I guess I like the faintness. It's just way too thin, like've been diluted 100 times.

very very faint amber and wood...yep

It's very interesting that the scent becomes more and more discernable after it sets down on your skin. This just scores another goal!

girasolina
girasolina

l'ho sentito su altre persone e su di me. A me risulta davvero sensazionale e piacevole, ma è vero che dipende dal ph e a qualcuno da di antisettico. Mi dispiace per la vostra pelle, io lo ammetto a pieni voti e il sillage è impressionante!Il marchio è adorabile, le azzecca tutte!

RoseLover
RoseLover

When I wore this on, I felt I put a poison on my skin.
It's soaking into my body, worst.
I don't like this and admit it is a fragrance, but chemical compounds dissolved in alcohole.
Nightmare!

Motivated
Motivated

I do love it, it works perfectly with my chemistry:-) I feel so natural and sexy, and it is changing time by time as myself:-)
For me it is a must-have one!

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I am underwhelmed by this one. I think I have a slight anosmia to it, as my skin just smells slightly soapy, like I washed my wrists with antibacterial soap. Not unpleasant, but must not work with my chemistry (not that I can smell, anyway).
Update: I could not smell much, but I have received compliments on this one and some days I smell it and it is fresh and lovely. I think I want a bottle after all.

kellie_lill
kellie_lill

JHAG is a professional and i really think the result is disappointing at this very moment , because we were acustomed with JHAG to create awesome fragrances .We want something new, something special!

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

i dont like it at all ...althought its remonde me dior curise collection Marquise that i like , but maybe the " C16 H28 O is formula of Ambroxan" make me
feel nervous,
its really absorb to skin , i took a shower and the smell still there even after 4 hour

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This had no effect on me whatsoever! All I could smell was a rather artificial antiseptic smell.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Not usual, has that banana-wood scent to it.
Interesting, and doesn't have a suffocating opening like EDTs and doesn't develop, because it has no layers.
To me smells like banana-wood and amber.
I look forward to her range

Also, this isn't a female fragrance, its DEFINITELY unisex, almost solely on the basis that if you can imagine wearing it then go for it. I can definitely see myself wearing this simply for ite unique, novelty quality

truffles
truffles

When I put this on, I immediately thought 'ooh - gorgeous!!'. The next thought to swiftly follow was 'D&G Light Blue'. Whatever this ambroxan, backnote stuff is, I happen to like it!

ichigogirl
ichigogirl

This really is not a perfume! It's a chemical, and to my nose on my skin a rather uninteresting one. At least as a perfume.
It's kind of sharp, hospital-smell-like, but very faint. Not at all unpleasant, but not what I would call nice either. To be honest not interesting enough for me to wait for it to develop (and does a perfume made up from a single molecule really develop? I shouldn't guess so, development in perfumes usually stems from their composition of different chemicals/scents that are released at different points of time).
It's still an interesting phenomenon, and I'm glad I got to try it. Since it's a molecule commonly used in perfumes, I couldn't resist layering it, so far the result is that layered with Guerlain Shalimar EdC (vintage, 1970's) it turns the soft, woody, warm Shalimar into a more sharp and fresh scent. I only layered on one wrist, I wear Shalimar pure on the other and the difference is quite big. Update: It also made Shalimar last much, much shorter. The soft vanilla-base was barely there on that arm. Still, the mix made an interesting and quite nice scent.
Conclusion: interesting for a scent-geek such as myself, but not interesting enough to buy.

Nat13
Nat13

This is a bit different.

Yes, it's woodsy, yes it's fresh, and to my nose (and in more ways than one) that is because it is very mildly mentholated. Serious.

Not only can I smell it, but I kid you not, sitting here sniffing this, I feel like I've just done an inhalation steam bath for a flu and my nose is suddenly clearer, and the air now feels cool passing through, even when not directly sniffing the scent. I even have that cool sensation that menthol can produce on your eye balls ..lol.

If this flops as a scent, they could repackage this as nasal congestion spray ..lol.

It's certainly not offensive, maybe even weirdly addictive (I keep sniffing my wrist) but at the end of the day, I am thinking of Echinacea Butter Menthols - specifically the chewy little gummy bear ones for children. I can let my two year old have a munch out and plaster his sticky little fingers over me to get that scent, ... so whilst I find it strangely likeable, for me it is not buyable. I don't see anyone else having the problem of smelling like a cough lolly tho lol.

I am however going to save my sample to road test next time I have a flu. I'm confident it can replace the sinex :-)

shoreshells
shoreshells

This was a cold/blind purchase; I didn't even check the reviews. This is truly "not a perfume"; you do not "wear" this scent, it is rather a fleeting memory a part of you; it is you. It's something you can't capture, or name. You don't know how to describe what it is or what it becomes. It's as ellusive as a dream. It becomes you. Very pleasant, somewhat cozy; it will remind you of who you are.

delphine67
delphine67

This is a very fresh and soft scent. Almost a skin perfume. its a bit musky on a woody underground.
A great scent if you like skin perfumes that are not sharp and overwhelming.

floof
floof

I have tried all of the Escentric Molecules and did not find them to be very exciting or special with little lasting power. I agree that the first thing i thought when i saw this fragrance, i thought they were ripping off Escentric Molecules, but unlike the previous reviewers, this did not upset me as many perfumes smell similar- or near identical. Well this did not! Luckyscent sent me a sample of this and i was not terribly excited to try it but when i did the most beautiful aroma started coming from where i applied it. It is kind of difficult to explain the smell, lightly sweet, musky aroma that somehow smells clean without smelling like soap. For some reason I smell expensive cashmere but my description doesnt do it justice. I didnt notice it at first, but as the night went on it got stronger, warmer and I fell in love with it. It lasted well in to the next day. I am a big fan of JHAG and own lady v and citizen queen-They have the most beautiful packaging too... I would be honored to have this in my collection and I suspect I will eventually cave and buy it...
I have never smelled anything like this!
The fact that its is with out allergens is intriguing... Especially for people in the health care field or who have allergies to regular fragrances.

UPDATE

got a fb, I knew I would cave! Well, my mom loves it on me but not so much her self (faint on her, almost sweet on me) but my male cousin asked for it for his birthday right after trying it, loving the scent and bottle so much. This is a special scent and chemistry plays a big role. I believe it is totally unisex and pretty long lasting. Much better than eccentric molecules for me, and everyone who's smelled it on me has complimented it and commented it smelled unique, which didn't ever happen with E.M. They are different fragrances but chemistry plays a BIG role on these single molecule fragrances so try before you buy....
in my mind this is another fantastic perfume from JHAG, quite possibly my favorite (then lady v, citizen queen which I also own FB of). Lasting power is fantastic as everyone at luckyscent says! I am thrilled with the purchase!

Martika
Martika

This smelled absolutely nothing, and my nose was not saturated! I sure expected to smell something light and airy but not nothing!!! So disappointing from a house like JHAG.

guest_Sara
guest_Sara

If you compare Escentric molecule Escentric 02 and this new fragrance, it is clear that the author of this one has plagiarized from Escentric 02. Very disappointing for JHAG.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Not A Perfume by Juliette Has A Gun. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Not A Perfume by Juliette Has A Gun represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.