Designers » I-K » Oriental « Groups

Oil Fiction Juliette Has A Gun for women and men
dislike

yellow floral
tuberose
Oil Fiction Juliette Has A Gun for women and men Pictures Oil Fiction Juliette Has A Gun for women and men Pictures Oil Fiction Juliette Has A Gun for women and men Pictures Oil Fiction Juliette Has A Gun for women and men Pictures

New bottle, new logo, a lacquered wooden box… This limited edition plays with the luminescence and the generosity of oriental notes. Its opulence flows like a promise thrust into the counter-current. Wild nature exposing itself with sophistication and grace, all while seducing you. Oil Fiction tells a voluptuous story leaving behind a refined, suave and animal trail.

Launching scheduled instore on July 15th 2013.

Additional notes: bergamot, ylang ylang, iris, tuberose, labdanum, papyrus, saffron, amber, patchouli, ambroxan, vanilla and sandalwood.

Bergamot Amber Ylang-Ylang Patchouli iris Tuberose Labdanum Papyrus Saffron Ambroxan Vanilla Sandalwood

Oil Fiction Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

As others have said, this perfume is a strange, mercurial, difficult to describe beast. Yes, there is a buttery ylang. Yes, there is tuberose (a note I normally loathe). Neither ylang nor tuberose are really my thing. But Oil Fiction does something that I've never seen anyone do with the typical white/yellow floral combo of ylang and tuberose (which alone and in itself isn't particularly novel) - it gives it a dark, strange, metallic edge. The use of leathery, dark, resinous labdanum, for one. The shoe polish note of saffron. The "papyrus" of nagarmotha, cypriol - it is cold in the nose, and the simultaneous sensations of coldness from the cypriol and warmth from the amber and ylang creates a paradox. That's the mystery, the uncanny part - the marriage of opposites. Cold with warm, wet with dry, soft with sharp. This is accomplished with such seamless blending (it has to be real orris butter, it just has to - there's no way all these contradictions could melt together in any other medium) that it's really pretty confusing. I recognize the nagarmotha because of the cold nose sensation, I get that from cypriol. It made Journey, a perfume I find otherwise wonderful - unwearable. Runny nose. I sampled nagarmotha in isolation later, to compare it to saw palmetto - and yeah. That's it.

I don't know if I could own this. I don't know if I'd wear it enough. I received an incredibly generous press sample bottle from a swapper and suspect it will last me a lifetime. I don't know where or when I'd wear this, but it's the perfume equivalent of a koan: a zen riddle with no answer, but contemplating it brings peace.

I can see how it might come across as clean, soapy, simple. That is also true. But I've smelled a million clean, soapy, simple fragrances and none of them made my head whirl while the internal rolodex spins like a wheel, trying to make sense of it all.

I really want to know who the nose on this was. If anyone knows, please send me a message.

sherryp
sherryp

This is delicious. It took a few wearings to really feel it, because it feels like it's wrapped tight in cellophane to me (or old fashioned buggy covers, that sweet oiliness you could almost taste from their smell when you got close??). You have to smell it through the wrapping, almost. And there's the sweet scent of ether(, or Dabitoff). It's clean, it's flowery and refreshing. It makes you feel fresh and new, even on a clammy day. A few days after I'd sampled it twice, I woke up dreaming of the smell. It got under my skin in a way a perfume hadn't before, so I had to have it. It distracts me, when the clouds roll in ... aromatherapy for the soul.

mymlan
mymlan

How can I not love this? Tuberose, Ylang Ylang and amber. Yum!!

The take off is very powdery from sandalwood and iris, first I thought it was aldehydes, but no. Very nice and longlasting fragrance. Super quality but also super expensive.

julieekerr
julieekerr

the presentation box is the highlight for me with this perfume. it may just me my skin but all i got was very strong soapy floral. really not for me. can't see how it could be considered unisex. it conjures in my mind the sort of smell prince Charles's Nanny might have had.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Really nice! Mystical,captivating and mysterious ... I've never heard anything like that. I really like how it develops, has a slow evolution, and what I like most about this perfume is the longevity (10 + hours), and that every note is perfectly balanced with the others. This is a complex parfum and magnificent! Unisex perfectly, leaving a trail hypnotic/mystical and certainly does not pass unnoticed. The sillage is moderate, suitable for the cold months in my opinion. The price is high but this parfum, i think it's worth a try ... I will buy the bottle .. this wonderful scent will come with great pleasure in my collection! Masterpiece from JHG.╰☆╮

Sillage: 8./10
Longevity: 9./10
Scent: 10./10

Overall: 10/10

Narkus
Narkus

This is amazing! I don't know how to describe it since it's not overtly feminine or masculine but not androgenous either. It's simply perfect. i only bought a sample and desperately want a bottle. On my skin, it didn't have much projection but good longevity, but my skin eats fragrance. It is gently sweet and buttery warm--peaceful, cozy, like a lucid dream.

nexangelus
nexangelus

This is another winner from JHAG. A more classic and less sweet take on tuberose than Moon Dance. This is metallic, leathery and thick/dense. It has the Chloe Lagerfeld backbone, but not the complete picture. It has the same ambery woodiness as Rose Anonyme by Atelier Cologne. It is definitely full bottle worthy. A sedate perfume, not loud and shouty. Thumbs way up!

Rio Cappuccino
Rio Cappuccino

Love this magic potion.

deadidol
deadidol

This is a soft, buttery, vanillic floral scent. Perfectly pleasant and very, very nicely put together, even though there’s nothing ground-breaking about it. It opens with sweet petals, and that sweetness is a constant throughout the wear, but it’s never too overdone or cloying in any way; it smells like the natural sweetness of flowers blended with a variety of vanillas. There’s a fatty tuberose that’s mercifully restrained, a touch of jasmine (I think), and a series of ionone iris notes. The overall effect is that of a warm, semi-sweet, lactonic, floral bubble. There’s not much that's original or unique about it, and it doesn’t smell that modern, but it’s truly well-done from start to finish, and “well-done" can overrule innovation in a heartbeat. I’ve personally found this line to be questionable for the most part, but I'd say that Oil Fiction is one of their better offerings so far. With that said, it seems a bit like a base in that there’s not a lot of movement in it. It performs like a base as well, going on for hour after hour. Ultimately, it’s not quite my style, but for a buttery, rounded semi-sweet floral scent, it’s as solid as they get. The name’s a bit of a mystery however, and the price is kind of insane.

Beffie1963
Beffie1963

This scent is so beautiful it makes me want to cry. I LOVE it.

Bibortigris
Bibortigris

I love it, I think it's perfect. <3

Sure the box is presented beautifully but what is the juice like?
Well the honest answer is...I'm still not sure?
This is a big departure for JHaG coupled with moon dance this has a totally different approach but still the unsweetened and dirty tuberose note. I think coupled with ylang ylang makes this quite floral sitting on a amber and vanilla base.
My initial thoughts were that this is a little phoned in or faux in terms of depth...but I could be wrong? This house has some interesting scents on the whole so I will reserve judgement.
Oil fiction seems somehow a bit confused and left me a bit that way too.
The name yet again is spot on...something oily and nectar like about this juice, it certainly stirred my interest.
Unfortunately, I only sampled it in store and desperately need to get hold of some proper samples so I can trial it properly.
The longevity on my wrist was okay and lasted on my shirt cuffs but I'd expected super concentration just by the look of it.
The jury is out but this didn't blow me away first try.

Muznabutt
Muznabutt

im wearing this in the heat of a dubai summer and its perfect. im convinced the heat opens up the notes to their fullest. the opening was ordinary with floral notes but the oriental notes appear quickly and create a rather pleasant mix of patchouli and amber. im loving it!

Bodda89
Bodda89

A beauty that is difficult to wear wish it was easier to handle will try again when its colder

yvashche
yvashche

Very different than the other JHAG perfumes. The iris and white flowers are prominent. It's kinda fresh and unusual. Don't get any woods at all. The sillage is strong. Don't know if it's worth the money.

marjo
marjo

Unfortunately, on me oil fiction smells like Pledge furniture polish. So disappointing. I had such high expectations. I am a huge fan of the perfume house, but this one is not for me.

Jaki
Jaki

I found this disapointing. I could hardly smell anything, it did develop into a warm amber and while pleasant I certainly would not buy this as value for money very poor.

Panerai2211
Panerai2211

I recived my perfume few days ago,It is Masterfull piece!On my skin smells so relaxing, warm,not heavy!I ordered another one today.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Oil Fiction, at least to me (and on me), behaves like a strange creature: a brightest but somehow restrained citrusy opening is immediately captured and darkened by kind of an intoxicating floral soapiness that's both melancholic and carnal, while in its heart the uncommon marriage of (masculine) saffron and (feminine) ylang ylang starts to verge the fragrance on the powdery territory for a long time, letting the austere iris takes the stage, before drying down to a quite dry and smoky amber and patchouli accord, slightly reminiscent of dried fruits.

At the beginning I thought "dissonant" was the word to describe this fragrance and the sensations it evokes, but - a bit like happens for music - the more I get used to a scent the more I can distinguish its diversities as a whole identity: here's a beautiful fragrance that keeps the retro-sophisticated trademark of the French brand going on, definitely more elegant than sensual, sober and unexpectedly smooth, overall much softer and more polite than I expected by reading its notes and descriptions. A sheer oriental that's very wearable and versatile thanks to its discrete and suffused sillage: longevity is good but not impressive on me.

I honestly can't see myself wanting to pay that price for an entire bottle, but as others here I will gladly enjoy these 10 ml until they last (yes, they sent me a 10 ml sample instead of the 15 ml indicated in their site at the moment I entered my order).
Well, a little update: this morning I had just put a couple of sprays of Oil Fiction on my wrists when my (Leo) mum, who hardly compliments me on fragrances, told me "Ohhh this scent is so good, what is that?" :D

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

Oil fiction strikes me as way less heavy oriental as the notes suggest:
A blast of amber with a healty dose of ylang and tuberose and some creamy vanilla-sandalwood. The longer it is on the skin, the more the Iris develops and balances this lovely creaminess out. Patschouli and saffron are on my skin not detectable or to well blended to smell individually.
Overall it is a nice amber smell with a lot of soapiness going on and good projection and very good staying power. But I expected it to be a littel more extraordinary, as for the price and the campaign ("...it releases a powerful trail, almost carnal...") no, not on me.

BelleBeryl
BelleBeryl

Nice warm fragrance very skillfull blend of all the notes slightly amber/patchouli/saffron/labdanum/bergamot I smell.I used it on a cold summer day and cold summer evening yesterday would be very nice for autumn/fall use. Wish JHAG would keep a small size 15 ml available to buy as a travel size option.

Black Arts Lab
Black Arts Lab

Yesterday, I received my 15ml sample, and upon first spray, without a doubt, it's Full Bottle Worthy! Opulent like "Ambre Russe", or "Chergui." The iris and tuberose are stunningly lovely. The patchouli and labdanum create a resinous base. Somewhat heavy sillage, but not overbearing. Perfect for wafting in the wind of autumn. Masterfully blended olfactory artistry. For collectors, this is a must have!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Juliette Has A Gun Oil Fiction fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Juliette Has A Gun Oil Fiction, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oil Fiction by Juliette Has A Gun. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oil Fiction by Juliette Has A Gun represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.