Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Only Julio Iglesias for women

Only Julio Iglesias for women

Only Julio Iglesias for women Pictures

Julio Iglesias Only a seductive and refined oriental - floral - woody fragrance for women launched in 1989. It opens with notes of bergamot, pineapple, orange blossom, plum, pimento and coriander. The heart is made of flowers such as ylang-ylang, mimosa, jasmine, roses, carnation, orchid, tuberose, violet and honey. The base notes are labdanum, amber, benzoin, sandalwood, cedar, civets, musk, vetiver, vanilla, patchouli and oak moss.

Available as EDT.

Coriander Bergamot Pineapple Plum

Carnation Ylang-Ylang Tuberose Rose Violet Orchid Mimosa white honey

Vetiver Musk French labdanum Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber Benzoin Vanille Civetta

Only Fragrance Reviews

Loca del Tó
Loca del Tó

Sorry the fragance may be good, but I would never wear something inspired by Julio Iglesias. I could not keep off my head those memes and that kitsch image of the man himself in an open white shirt with his unnaturally brown tan and his balding forehead pointing a finger at me :-{

Nightmare fuel :(

"Of all the girls I've loved before...." Is that how his song goes? Of all the celebrity scents I've tried before, this one ranks *pretty* darn high in terms of sophistication, longevity, romance, uniqueness/aka quality, excellent dry-down, and just down right prettiness. I had my mom smell my wrist and told her who had put their name to this one and she immediately wrinkled her nose - she isn't fond of the man AT ALL, which I didn't know until nose crunch time. I love my mom for that <3 - and while I certainly have full out lost taste for male-dominated bands, musicians, and even film stars upon knowing about their personal lives, I don't know about this dude and thus nothing is interfering with how much I enjoy this scent :)
To me this scent represents an excellent manifestation of femininity from a man's perspective: sweet, but not pandering or stereotypical, upon first notes; I definitely get the honey and the floral notes, but there's almost a fruit-from-another-room whisper going on, or rather, I'm imagining darker and sweeter tropical fruits and flowers, not citrus at all, more of the nectar-based variety, lying on a bed, and then erotically draped over with very sheer and gauzy mosquito netting, like how they have hanging over beds in sub-Saharan continents or anywhere there are threats of malaria in mosquitos, or, Robert Redford/Meryl Streep films.

All in all, this is a gorgeous, lovely perfume. There's a very present, but subtle, masculine element or base, to it; it's like there are two people dancing, and while you can smell the fragrance of the woman much more potently, you can definitely detect that there is a man with her and he wants his presence known. It makes the scent *that* much more intoxicating and captivating because that musk - the civet, cedar, benzoin, oakmoss, and amber - make the feminine elements ever that much more appealing and apparent, by contrast but also by the most tender complement. Kind of like that metaphysical discussion of how would we understand lightness or happiness or femininity without darkness, sadness or masculinity? Wow, I didn't mean to group those things in those categories hahaha. (OR DID I????) This is really a lovely scent, the sillage isn't overwhelming (I tried the Eau de Parfum), and the musk in the middle notes-to-dry down is just precious and delicious. So yum. Not to mention, it was still there - including elements of the top notes - when I woke up this morning.

Much like one would hope Julio would be, after a passionate evening...

(I couldn't resist!)

My grandfather gave me this fragrance back when I was around 15 y/o. I loved it very much and saved a little bit in the bottle, which I've kept for 20 years so far. This morning I put a little bit on my wrist to reminisce... and I want to get a bottle so badly! I find this fragrance really sophisticated. I wonder why it was discontinued... Maybe because it was a celebrity fragrance which wasn't taken seriously enough. However, it is a very good one! I will try to purchase a couple of bottles when I get the chance.

This is the "just a bit more shy" sister of Clandestine of Guy Laroche (expecially drydown when become a pastale scent).
It could be a copy!

Believe me (I have a bottle of Clandestine) the list of notes is almost identical.
This is just less structured and more smooth and light-green creamy.

Sunny and magic like the Original Muse(Clandestine).

I have a vial since the 1989 but ONLY now the discover!

I love this perfume!! It was one of my best, most successful blind buys! On me it is sensual, rich and full of gorgeous flowers and woods!! I couldn't ask for more!

Also a very successful blind buy for me! This is a classic woody oriental and it smells gorgeous on my skin!

It is so good, I wonder why it isn't more talked about on here?

One of my best blind purchase ever! Old-fashioned in good way: oakmos, ylang-ylang and civet don't kill other notes. Medium sillage and good lasting power on my skin.

Quite nice a little stronger than only crazy which I also like but it is very soft.

Only by Julio Iglesias 4.71 out of 5 based on 24 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Julio Iglesias Only fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Julio Iglesias Only, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Only by Julio Iglesias. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Only by Julio Iglesias represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.