Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

The Key Justin Bieber for women
dislike

The Key Justin Bieber for women Videos
The Key Justin Bieber for women Pictures

The third fragrance from pop singer Justin Bieber, The Key, coming out in July 2013, is allegedly more "mature" compared to its predecessors Someday from 2011 and Girlfriend from 2012.

The official description of this perfume uses epithets such as energetic, sexy and refreshing, while the composition is announced as a luminous floral-fruity-musk. It opens with a splash of juicy fruit with a sheer bouquet blooming in the heart. Its creamy base combines sensual musk, exotic woods and vanilla tones.

Justin chose the key motif for this perfume because of its symbolism, trying to tell his fans to always believe in their dreams.

The bottle design is sleek and simple. The bottle is colored in crisp white with a golden lock and key in the middle.

Mandarin Orange Pear Boysenberry Osmanthus

Pink Jasmine Water Lily Peach

Musk Vanilla Woody Notes Raspberry

Zara White

The Key Fragrance Reviews

Dawndelights

I am noticing more of the musk now which i did notice so much in the tester spray

SweetShelly
SweetShelly

This is a special perfume,very unique. I smell in it mango and mask.Not too sweet its fresh. Great for summer!

Dawndelights

This is not a typical celebrity scent more mature and not sweet like a candy shop.
A lovely airy summer scent, effervescent, fizzy like a pear champagne, it would be even more popular without a celebrity name to, but if it had a designer name it would be more expensive, so a good thing for your purse

kurobara yuki

I got this for my birthday and I must say that this is Bieber's best perfume up to date (in my opinion). It's truly refreshing and it's not the typical sickly mixture of fruity+floral+sweet-whatever. I'm not a Belieber but this is a wonderful perfume. Somehow, it gives me a wonderful feeling of confidence whenever I wear this :)

appleblossoms
appleblossoms

I really really like this one! I smell fruits at first. Citrus, grapefruit and anything fruity. It has a tropical vibe to it. I like the flower notes. It smells young and I understand why (fans' age group). Now I'm sniffing my wrists and it smells like musk now. Not really a Bieber fan but he did a nice job

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

Again this fragrance is too soft and undetectable. It's quite 'sexy' because of the musk but in a cheap way. You would expect to smell this in a girl's changing room at a secondary school - girls that age are Beiber's target audience so I suppose it's not surprising. Though I would expect more in the way of quality.

crazy_chic88
crazy_chic88

I am a massive Bieber fan so I was bound to smell this perfume as soon as it came out. I was feeling a little sceptical about smelling this perfume because I've smelt his previous perfumes like Girlfriend and Someday but they were too fruity for my liking (so hence why I don't own those perfumes even though I love Bieber!) That just goes to show that perfumes shouldn't be judged based on whether or not they are a celeb frag.

But The Key is surprisingly nice, it smells fruity, fresh and has florals. It lasts a long time on my skin which is great!

kurobara yuki

I'm not a Belieber but when I was given a paper strip with this on it, I was quite impressed with this. For me, I think that this is sweet but not too overwhelming and it's quite refreshing with a somewhat mature kind of vibe. I can't wait to have this in my collection. :)

dinaia
dinaia

I couldn't be further from the target demographic for this perfume, I haven't even listened to a whole justin bieber song in my life, but I like this, it's a fruity creamy gourmand treat, it also has a decent cost / longevity ratio. I must admit I would feel a bit awkward if someone asked me what perfume I'm wearing and I had to say "justin bieber latest" but oh well, the scent and the pleasure you get from it matter more.

DONNA VARSIK
DONNA VARSIK

first i'm not a beiber fan,but i do happen to like all his perfumes,i love the fruity scents i have the first 2 this one the key smells nothing like them,more musky.i really liked it ,but developed a headache,i have to wear it again to see if it was from the perfume or just a fluke.lol but i love the bottle.

It is a nice floral-fruity scent. Nothing wrong with it. I think it's quite clear it is made for teenage girls though.

Elmyra

I am sure i sense some violet in there...and on me it smells like violets and musk, so id say, not bad, as these notes are my cup of tea.

Like ive said before, i am not too judgmental on the name of the design house, as long as the frag smells good - and lasts, i purchase.

Besides, these celeb scents are made by houses like Coty and Arden, not really by Bieber...just like Britney's fantasy is formulated my Armani i read somewhere.

So i am all for celeb scents, as they are cool for everyday wear, well priced and have wacky bottles. I gladly wear this frag, on days when i dont want to use up my Versaces, and actually this smells pretty good!!

lyssak
lyssak

This perfume is TERRIBLY overrated. It smells of generic supermarket shampoo. It left me very underwhelmed and disappointed.

Elmyra

Id love to try this. I dont care if its justin bieber, if the frag is good.
The key looks cute too, to put onto a chain...
If this really does smell like Tommy dreaming, like some reviewers suggested then im more than eager.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Karen was spot on. When I smelled the magazine strip of this I thought of Tommy Hillfiger Dreaming (peaches and cream). The spartan white bottle is beautiful like Chanel 22 or Madonna's. A mature woman could wear this, but the Biebs association?

busik
busik

Bottle is really much nicer than the content, but for girls is that it should, bright, intrusive and from Bieber!

thomasx3
thomasx3

I was scared that it would smell like all the other celebrity scents, you know typical sweet scents but this one is actually very nice.
The scent is very clean with some sweet notes, reminds me of fresh laundry .
I think people that don't like the typical sweet scent will love this one.

CORCOR
CORCOR

Hate this perfume gave me a really bad headache couldn't wait to wash off when tested it- it smells like an old lady perfume horrible. Shame I lie the bottle it's gorgeous!

nightcat23
nightcat23

Smells nice. More floral musky rather than fruity unlike his other fragrances that are super sugary and sweet. This one is nice and has a bit of a shampoo vibe. It's nice but nothing ground breaking. I don't know why it's received so much hate. It's too mediocre to strongly hate. This will please most of his fans.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I've sprayed it on a blotter, so I could bring it to my teen cousin, who's crazy about Justin Bieber. You know what? I've smelled worse fragrances. A bright fruity floral that I'm sure many teenagers will appreciate.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I just smelled this at Macys n I'm quite impressed... In a sea of celebriscent offerings this one actually got me 2 wrist test after sniffing the spray nozzle... Clean, mild and simple r all words that came to mind when smelling my wrist... Wouldn't mind owning a bottle honestly :)

VividlyWonderstruck
VividlyWonderstruck

I honestly don't get why people are posting hate against the Biebs rather than their opinions about the actual fragrance. Please remember that people come here to see other people's experiences with the fragrance, not your animosity towards the author. Let's act like mature adults here guys!

Now that I got that out of the way, it really is a step up from his previous releases which were sought to be "generic". On the initial spritz, you get a burst of sweet fruits and as it progresses you get these beautiful and enlightening floral smell then it dries down to your typical base! I have to agree with asher.jessie that this fragrance smells like a watered down version of Nude by Rihanna. Nevertheless, I'm just glad that the Biebs decided NOT to repackage "Someday" in another cute bottle! I will be purchasing soon :)

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

After getting the paper sample from Ulta's catalog, I thought I was going to really like this. I got a sample decant and the first 5 min were kinda nice, but then NO, NOPE.. too much rose and I think I smell gardenia. smells like roses that have sat in a vase for weeks, or been in the rain and are now starting to mildew & rot..

I tried it and I find it better than his first two, which were watery fruity scents, the Key is warm and fuzzy, more a winter scent in a way, sweeter ...it isn't bad really, but is light, and stays pretty much the same throughout..
But it is a nice option for a soft warm scent for younger crowds, even older as it is in a way not a typical generic candy sweet scent.
The bottle though looks quite cheap.

prettyswag
prettyswag

Bath and body works body spray here...nothing too much but a fruity suave drugstore shampoo smell....get some shampoo, water, unscented oil, and a put that in a empty spray bottle..and mist on ur hair...there u go....JB THE KEY!

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Smells rosy and candy like. Soft and youthful. The bottle is not very attractive IMO. The dry down is musky and smells oldish. Doesn't last long. 3 hrs later all gone.

indiralove
indiralove

OMG, Nataja is like totally correct here!!! Went out to test this baby and had this hunk behind my back telling me how delicious I smell! I was then invited to a fantastic lunch date! Thank you for the reviews!

Nataja
Nataja

I have had expensive perfumes and I will becompletely honest this perfume is downright GORGEOUS!Wow,also the compliments the whole night from men was insane!!! I dont know if Justin Bieber threw pheromones in here,but it works AMAZING! And you people know how dead on honest my postings are. Chanel move over,I found the real deal from JB.He's a genius!!!! THANKYOU!!!

alanav09
alanav09

gonna second a few reviews below mine, and say that I CANNOT STAND THIS HUMAN BEING. from what I've seen of him in the news, he's entitled, immature, and irresponsible.

but his team is amazing. this perfume does remind me of shampoo/hairspray, but in a good way. actually considering getting a purse spray size of this, but I feel like i'd be damning my soul to hell....

karenrobert
karenrobert

smells amazing like a delicious decadent dessert of creamy peachy apricot sorbet swirl in a cooling rainbow fruit icy sensation. This is the only Beiber perfume I would consider buying. If you're sick and tired of all the syrupy sick sweet perfumes, or the old granny barely mobile perfume, or the crazy head ache induced melancholy vampy night walker perfumes, the aldehyde induced vintage perfumes, dead animal secretions from the house of shalimar, here is an option for an upbeat happy nausea free youthful scent. This is a cooling scent to me. There is youth, innocence, first love kind of sentiment in this perfume. This scent just put a smile on my face after a hard day of work. It feels soothing and relaxing to get me in the mood to roll up and cuddle for a romantic dinner in the middle of the week on an unexpected Wednesday night. I tried this one out at the mall today and I am totally in love. I was never a fan of Beiber or his past perfume but this one is definitely the best of Beiber so far.

denncita
denncita

This smells very mainstream, but then again, what can you expect from Justin Bieber, really? Reminds me of hairspray or something headache inducing. Nothing special here.

lukkyme
lukkyme

I rolled my eye's today when I got the mail & a sample of THIS fell out of the ULTA booklet . . . . .especially after juuust reading/seeing the incident where he spit on his FAN'S from a balcony & was laughing about it ! . . . . he seemed more mature when he was 12! ANYWAY! . .. .I HATE 2 say this has a soft clean soapy scent its verrry light & prolly wouldn't last long but DAMMMIT it does smell good ! . . . & I do NOT like his other fragrance's to sweet & grape smelling 4 me ! this stuff ALMOST reminds me of---Philosophy's AMAZING GRACE or one that's in that ''GRACE'' line-up from them . . . . . soft feminine clean !

chillalot
chillalot

god i wanted to dislike it..but it smells so good..clean and soapy..cute bottle too

Artpop2013
Artpop2013

This honestly smells like dolce and gabana's "Light Blue" perfume. It smells like lemons and citrus fruit when you first spray it. His scents are unoriginal and although they may smell good he's just ripping off some of the higher scale designer perfumes. I mean you cant lie that "someday" smells exactly like "viva la juicy" and this one smells like "light blue" the only scent that smells original from him is "girlfriend".

ckoval09

If you aren't really into sweet perfume but want to break into the sweeter side of smells this would be a perfect scent. Very feminine. I'm not a sweet perfume girl like beibers 1st perfumes or brittany spears fantasy. But I do like a lil sweetness and I really like the key. Just wish it was longer lasting!!!

twillocks
twillocks

This hurts to say . . . . this is really nice. I didn't want to try it but the sales lady told me that it smells great. I protested and she stuck it under my nose. WOW I do like it and sprayed some on me LOL I will soon be buying a bottle for my collection.

lauramiles
lauramiles

It smells amazing! It smells kind of like bath soap with vanilla & lavender, a little fruity. I love it!

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

When I tested this in stores, it smelled very vanilla musk to me.

I like it so I ordered it from Sephora.

It smells so much different than the tester, so the tester must have been going bad due to it being out in the lights and other stuff.

The new bottle I know have smells very fruity and vanillaish. It smells kinda citrusy in a way. Maybe there is quince or kiwi in it. I am picking that up.

It smells very fruity fresh to me with a vanilla after smell.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I smelled it, hoping to give it the benefit of the doubt. The bottle was sort of cool, but holding it in my hand revealed a bit of disappointment when I realized that it wasn't as interesting as it seemed in pictures.

Scent-wise, I wasn't expecting much, considering the note selection is ridiculously rudimentary. Floral notes, fruity notes, and wood notes. Seriously? Couldn't they at least put a TINY bit of effort into marketing and production to make it sound the least bit interesting?

Justin's previous fragrances have been really nice! Fresh, fruity-florals for everyday, non-offensive wear...but this one is seriously a waste of money, compared to the rest.

Definitely go with Someday, because it's a lot cheaper since it's been out longer. This is really a mundane disappointment.

It smells like a Rihanna's nude, just without the sparkling radiance from the pear, and the creamy, woodsy sandalwood base. Essentially, a weakened, less juicy version of Nude.

I would highly recommend choosing Someday over this, because Someday is a lot more interesting and fresh.

ckoval09

I like this one way better than the others. Not so sweet a lil soapy but fresh. Just got it but so far the scent doesnt stick for too long. I really haven't smelt a scent I like right off hand but I like this a lot.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

I smelled this yesterday and I really like it. I just wish it lasted longer on me. The woody part of the fragrance makes it a little more mature than your normal bubblepop for young girls. I think anyone can wear this.

KelseyRaven

The notes are way too basic. Top-Fruity Notes Middle-Floral Notes, and the base has the classic woods, vanilla and musk.

KelseyRaven

Went to Macy's and smelled this fragrance a few days ago, and I immediately thought of his other two fragrances when I did. I was expecting something with vanilla and jasmine, or something sexier, but to me it's a bit of a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I like the scent, but it's too similar to his other two.

harpist
harpist

I've only tried less than 5 celebrity fragrances but my mother picked this up for the bottle and sprayed it on (she has no idea who Beiber is, and honestly I don't get or care about all the hate on him).

To my surprise, it's actually not that bad of a fragrance. It honestly reminds me A LOT like Rihanna Nude- very similar opening of fruits and then a lightly vanilla and woodsy base. The only real difference to me is that Nude smells more mature while The Key really reminds me more of just some whatever fruity floral shampoo. It's an innoffensive scent to with soft-moderate silage. It's not nauseating and pretty easy to wear. I think longevity was about 2-3 hours. The bottle looks rather plastic and cheap- the key actually broke and fell off from its loop chain on the tester bottle.

There's really nothing too special about this and I find there are much better alternatives that are more worthy of a purchase.

almarie
almarie

I tried this on today at my store and I actually really like it. It's different from his previous fragrances,and I think I will have to buy this!

JBiebsHairSwag
JBiebsHairSwag

I ordered this and cant wait for it to come in. I love any perfume from Justin :)

Egi Zotaj
Egi Zotaj

were i can buy it on internet, which site? i live in albania (europe), i dont think i can receive it in my country.

ChadEric86
ChadEric86

Its pretty pathetic that a majority of people dont like this fragrance due to it being by Bieber. Due to the fact hes successful and a major pop artist. This just came out and people should base an opinion on the fragrance not the persons name on it.

aimeesaraamy123
aimeesaraamy123

Well I haven't smelt it yet but please stop just giving the perfume a bad review just because his name is one it! Of course it smells similar to Girlfriend and Someday those two scents sold millions of bottles why change it? It's all advertising change the bottle keep the scent the same young girls go crazy! And it's for young girls not 50 year old women so obviously most people here won't like it. My daughter has girlfriend and loves in to death anyone know when it's coming out in Ireland? Or even the UK? She's a massive belieber so I probably will be writing a full review in August! Love the bottle though very elegant and different compared to the others, go biebs!!!

BiiebsSwaggy
BiiebsSwaggy

Where i can buy this parfume ?
I live in switzerland but here comes the key next year and i will buy it on internet but where ? can someone help me ?! :)

astamm62
astamm62

He seems to take ideas from other scents..Someday looks like Lola,Girlfriend is the same name as Patti Labelles fragrance, he is using a key like Antonio Banderas.I care for the smell of first 2 scents.

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

I smelt this in macy's. its smells just like his other two. Nothing original here.

The Key by Justin Bieber 2.92 out of 5 based on 215 ratings and 52 user reviews

Justin Bieber The Key Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Justin Bieber The Key Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
JUSTIN BIEBER THE KEY for WOMEN by Justin Bieber EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
JUSTIN BIEBER THE KEY for WOMEN by Justin Bieber EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
JUSTIN BIEBER THE KEY for WOMEN by Justin Bieber SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 3.4 OZ BODY WASH 3.4 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
The Key Gift Set by Justin Bieber Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Body Lotion 3.4 oz Shower Gel
Justin Bieber The Key Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Justin Bieber The Key Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
The Key Perfume by Justin Bieber - -- Gift Set - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Body Lotion 3.4 oz Shower Gel
Justin Bieber The Key Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Justin Bieber The Key Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Justin Bieber The Key fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Justin Bieber The Key, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Key by Justin Bieber. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Key by Justin Bieber represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.