Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

The Key Justin Bieber for women

The Key Justin Bieber for women
dislike

The Key Justin Bieber for women Pictures

The third fragrance from pop singer Justin Bieber, The Key, coming out in July 2013, is allegedly more "mature" compared to its predecessors Someday from 2011 and Girlfriend from 2012.

The official description of this perfume uses epithets such as energetic, sexy and refreshing, while the composition is announced as a luminous floral-fruity-musk. It opens with a splash of juicy fruit with a sheer bouquet blooming in the heart. Its creamy base combines sensual musk, exotic woods and vanilla tones.

Justin chose the key motif for this perfume because of its symbolism, trying to tell his fans to always believe in their dreams.

The bottle design is sleek and simple. The bottle is colored in crisp white with a golden lock and key in the middle.

Mandarin Orange Pear Boysenberry Osmanthus

Flora by Gucci Eau de Toilette

The Key Fragrance Reviews

LenaT
LenaT

Smells really nice .It has a peach/apricot scent to me. It's light and fresh. I use it at work. Has a good longevity.I use the body wash gel and lotion also. I smell clean and feminine. I like it as my summer scent.

aqua76239
aqua76239

Er...since this has so many dislikes I am assuming that people are judging it because it's Justin Bieber perfume and not necessarily by scent alone. I mean, its light scent and very likable so I doubt that so many would hate it otherwise.

I am not a Bieber fan or even close but I don't care who produces the perfume. If it smells good, I am all over that.
I have his other perfume, called Special Edition, which actually comes in a same bottle but its clear instead of opaque. Those two are kind of similar actually. I find Special Edition sweeter and more gourmand, and Key is frutier and more floral. I think if you have one, you probably won't need the other.
But its a nice scent, especially in hot weather

Ilovedoggos
Ilovedoggos

This perfume is super high quality for the low price I bought it at Christmas for clearance for 9 dollars and I have a bottle of it Already since I already love it this perfume is a steal for the high quality and low price seen them at shoppers for 20 reguAlr such a steal it's more of a musky mature scent the plastic bottle looks sleek and i have a much easier time throwing it in my purse then all of my other class perfumes. This scent is more musky and mature then his other scents but is still sweet and fresh smells like a forest musk and pear

Vevina Pinky
Vevina Pinky

It seem becoming my most favorite after all; I can use this smell all day long with any seasons. Frankly, speaking I'm not the fan of JB, but some of his recently songs (Sorry, Love Your Self, What do You Mean?......) are pretty cool. Moreover, this kind of perfume has made me fallen in love forever lasting i think if I can't find any other better than this.

SandraV
SandraV

This smells of clean musk, peaches and vanilla on me. I got the 1 oz. for only $9 on clearance and it was worth every penny. I don't care whose name is on a scent when I enjoy it this much.

boonie
boonie

I bought this perfume on sale for $8.00 the 1.7oz at first I liked this one but once I went out into the sun it change and smelled burnt. It reminds me of jessica simpson vintage bloom which I also liked at first smell. I think both of the two are just sweet boring cheap scents.I had to give them both away.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I'm well beyond the targeted age, but this stuff smells really good. I don't even care if it's marketed by Bieber, it's not like he personally crafted this perfume. I even love the bottle. I think it's sort of chic. It really lasts a long time on me, and that's some feat in and of itself. My skin tends to eat perfumes. To me, this is a peachy smelling musk, and I love that.

I got the largest bottle because I knew I liked it after testing it. I have a huge collection of perfumes, and am somewhat hard to impress due to the amount I have, but this is extremely nice. It's not my favorite, but I can see myself wearing it a lot because it has such great longevity. Who says you can't get a great perfume at a low price? Not me. I'll display it next to my Dior and Givenchy perfumes, just for grins.

This reminds me quite a bit of Avon's older Soft Musk, Peach Edition.

raw umber
raw umber

My boyfriend freaked out when I wore this, saying how good I smelled and asking me what I was wearing. I think I might be partially anosmic to it, but I generally get a soft and very clean, almost crystalline peach, a little like hairspray too.

I'm really surprised that no one besides Cake n Cuddles has compared this to Taylor Swift, or even to Jessica Simpson's Fancy Love or Katy Perry Purr. It definitely shares that peachy shower fresh musk effect. However, out of all of those, I think the Key is the most pleasant and I guess my boyfriend would agree. Pretty unexpected...

perrfumefreak
perrfumefreak

I seem to like celebrity fragrances more than the older classics in the same price range, but The Key is just not working with my skin or body chemistry. I really liked Justin Bieber's first and second perfumes but tho one was different. I loved it when I sprayed it on my arm at the store. Couldn't stop sniffing my arm do when I saw a 1.7 oz bottle at Kohls I had to buy it. I was so sad when I got home, sprayed myself, and as the smell settled, I didn't like it. I tried it again , with a lighter hand, and still didn't like it. Oh well. I ended up putting it up for swap on the swap board, if anyone's interested in trading for it.

Nil3
Nil3

Ok, first of all: LOL!!! This is ridiculously good!

My 30ml of Royal Revolution and mad potion will be a nice memory , and that's it.

But THIS, this will be bought again.
Very very very much like Flora Gucci edt.

Peachy, musky soap. I'm in heaven!

Fragrant Desert
Fragrant Desert

Sometimes a fume can be worn on me more than a few times without me being able to smell it! That's happening right now with JLO's Sunkissed (review soon as it is smelled!) The Key was one of those I tried half a dozen times and kept asking, Why Can't I Smell This?! Gave it another shot last night and 'Suddenly' there it was. Quite nice musk fragrance is how I'll describe it. On me, there is no development. It is pretty much what it is from start to finish. That would go from last night to waking up this morning and noticing, Hey! Most perfumes do Not last on me the night into morning. So, pretty sure much all of this is my own chemistry. Don't be fooled, this isn't fruity or sweet to me the way you'd expect from this bottle. I prefer to say light musky and downplay the peach although it is clearly present. This is soft like a JLO musk. Very clean. Daresay, even soapy. Sometimes that clean simplicity is what I want in what is, otherwise, animalic or 'dirty'. This isn't going to smell like any teen spirit. This can be quite mature and unisex. The Key inspired me to order some White Musk by Jovan. Enjoy.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I actually like this. I've smelled a few of his other offerings and they're either "meh" or screechingly irritating. This was different, somehow. Familiar. I automatically detected vanilla which (as boring as it sounds) is my weakness. This led me to leave it on and give it a chance. I couldn't make out what else I was smelling, but it mellows down to something soft, pleasant, feminine, and sweet. I LIKE IT! Probably wouldn't actually ever buy it, but would be happy to receive it as a gift...

bonnie52
bonnie52

I'm 54 and never thought I would be wearing a justin bieber perfume. I sprayed some that my daughter has on and I can't stop smelling my wrist! It's absolutely gorgeous! I came home and immediately ordered some. It's fresh, feminine and lovely! I can't pick out the notes but it's just wonderful!

Dort0625

Ok I'm doing a second review of this now that its been on my skin a while. Holy crap I hate to adnit this...but I love this. Its the right amount of sweet and musk. It smells identical to another fragrance but I can't think of what it is. Either way its pretty

Dort0625

Found a four pack of this, two Nicki minaj and a Brit spears in a gift pack from Xmas on clearance for 9.99 for all four. Worst case they could be for my purse as urgent fresher upers lol this one is actually okay. I expected it to be really over the top sweet, but its a mix of floral and fruity sweet. Nothing too extravagant. Its safe, not a teeny boper scent either which I really expected.

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

A sweet floral scent in my opinion. This has a fresh and clean feel to it with a little sweetness,a little creaminess. It does give off a yummy smelling shampoo vibe as someone else mentioned. I really love this! I have to admit, the fact that this is a Justin Bieber fragrance did turn me off at first but I can't deny that this smells great. Good for everyday. This is one of my go to work perfumes. Longevity isn't the best on me...maybe 2- hrs and sillage is soft and close to the skin.

tiny.zvezdochka
tiny.zvezdochka

I was absolutely shocked to see how disliked this perfume is, because to me it is so easy to like and is one of only the few perfumes that I receive compliments on from several different people.

To me this perfume smells like the shampoo of the gods. On my skin has such a cleanness to it, and is only vaguely sweet and fruity. The musk is the prominent note, and on my skin it unfolds as elegant, fresh, and sexy, but in a non-obvious way. It is sexy because it clean and has a sharpness about it that makes the wearer smell distant, in a way. It is not a warm perfume by any means, but it is easy to like and it is a crowd pleaser, for me. This would be ideal as an everyday perfume, for any occasion, but especially those which call for more toned-down and appropriate scents.

I wonder if people would be more open to this perfume if it were not a celebrity perfume, and especially if it were not made by Biebs. Admittedly, I'd rather believe I am able to detect high-quality perfumes when I smell one, but my love for this one cannot be denied.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Soft, sweet, soapy and flowery. Not a fan of the Beibs but this scent is okay. Nothing offensive or out of the ordinary. Perfectly fine or a young girl or an everyday after the gym type scent. Sophisticated or elegant? I would not go that far. If you see it cheap at TJ Maxx its not a bad fragrance and you could do worse (please excuse my back handed compliment Justin).

takeasniff
takeasniff

I love this. It is suitable for a male or female ane any age group. It is quite musky but in a dove soap kind of way. When I wear it, the beginning smells like a watered dowm cross between Beyonce Mrs Carter Heat edition mixed with a watered down version of gucci flora or Tommy Hilfiger dreaming. When it dries and settles, it smells like dove soap on me not sure what will happen for other people.

Excellent for work, working in a hospital, school, nursing home or with the public etc. I like the bottle except for the silly little key that keeps dangling around :)

I think Justin has done a very good job with this and it is affordable and available easily and comes in tiny size which I like as large bottles are not practicle for me.

Morgenstern
Morgenstern

Firstly, I am neither a Belieber nor a fan of 'celebrity perfumes'. I admit that I initially did not want to like this perfume, assuming The Key was probably some overly sweet perfume which contributes to headaches, but how wrong I was! It wasn't exactly love at first sniff, but I certainly do not regret buying it. I actually wanted to purchase the Collector's Edition perfume, but it was unfortunately out of stock everywhere I went. So, I gave The Key a try, after further consideration.

When I got home, I immediately tried it on my skin, and shirt. Not bad, I thought, but I wasn't blown away like I was for Chloe and Burberry The Beat, just to name a couple.
I thought of giving it away to a Belieber I know, but hours later, the scent was just.. Love.

On a second thought, nope, definitely not giving it away anymore! :P
The Key is my very first 'celebrity perfume 'and I like it! I am a woman in her early 20s, and the scent isn't overly sweet or tweeny-bopperish. :)

Sillage and longevity are moderate, definitely not complaining.

aquestari
aquestari

Best fragrance from his line yet. Not as sweet as his other perfumes; just smells like fruit juice. A grapefruit/lemon sort of scent.

I wore this one day somewhere I went and a woman followed me outside and asked what I was wearing. She said she saw me walk past and thought I smelled good. She sprayed some on herself and so have other people I know and they were really pleased and loved it.

5/5 stars.

PinkMelon
PinkMelon

A very clean musky, peaches and cream scent. A nice skin scent, creamy, and woody. I love this. It's fruity but not candy sweet at all. Just very fresh and clean thanks to the water lily. Almost soapy but in a good way. The peach & musk create a very fruity creamy scheme. That rasperry & boysenberry add a bit of a tart/sour note to the scent. Again the water lily is the top floral note that stands out of all the florals. The woody note is very prominent as well and sticks around for the whole scent. I actually prefer this scent in summer. I hated it for some reason during winter. It's very fresh for summer because it's not overly sweet or anything. Lasts a good while. I can smell it on me all day. This is great for daytime wear.

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

This was marked down considerably, so I thought 'why not give it a go'. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. I expected something made for teenage girls, but for me this is actually quite lovely. It's a sweet, fruity fragrance with a hint of musk. I actually really like it & the bottle is cute too

Bella1
Bella1

The Key is ridiculously awesome. It's not
The typical sweet candy, fruity floral as you'd
Expect.
It's different, clean.musky, comforting. It reminds
Me of something, maybe 80's, very familiar
Yet not going to knock you over. Love it!

alfa.lázcares
alfa.lázcares

To me it smells kinda soapy. Very very clean and fresh. I can't really discern the fruits in this, but they are there. Be aware the first seconds of the spray I could only think "alcohol", but after a few moments that fades. It is not outstanding or amazing, but it's okay. I see myself buying a small bottle of it. It lasted for about 5 hours, although the last hour or so it sits very close to the skin.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Fresh, peachy and musky.
Bought the gift set for my daughter, it's pleasant enough.
I understand the hate, Bieber is an idiot but this perfume smells like many others in it's category. It's not awful, just generic.
My little girl loves it, and that's all that matters to me.

Sillage and longevity, moderate.

x_perfumecrazy_x
x_perfumecrazy_x

I confuse myself theres perfumes where sometimes i like it then some days i dont. Im wearing this today and dont like it. The peach is too sour and strong and its very musky. It might be nicer in the winter not sure but as for now im not really enjoying it. Its giving me a headache making me feel abit sick and i really feel like taking another bath lol :(

theperfumemaniac
theperfumemaniac

A departure from his previous fruity fragrances. This one is unique and clean. It is very popular where I live because it is an easy fragrance to wear and it smells amazing!

Eivi
Eivi

I am very surprised to see all those negative comments and amout of dislikes. I really very like this perfume. It's sweet, but at the same time, it's quite fresh. I'd never say it's a musky scent as it actually supposes to be.

I am far being a Justin Bieber's fan. But I do like this perfume.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I am surprised to read the reviews below me, this too played mind tricks on me.
When the key was first released I went with my best friend who was then a hard core justin bieber fan to macys to pick up their most elaborate gift set. I smelt the tester strip and was pleasantly surprised! I thought it smelt like a nice clean musk with peachyness and vague clean flowers, it reminded me of taylor by taylor swift just a little bit.
Well, I also saw those super marked down minis at target but boy am I glad I didn't pick one up! I had a sample laying around in my sample bag and decided to give it a go one boring thursday morning. Whatever the heck I thought I smelt before confuses me.
This still has a clean musk but it's way too synthetically fruity. That boysenberry note...yuck! I think it combines with the peach in an artificial grapey way.
This experience reminds me of rihanna's original perfume which I liked a lot once, but thought it smelt gross grapey when I smelt it on. Something about that funk cheap berries and peach can have with the wrong florals.
If you like britney spears radiance, UR by usher, and rihanna's perfume give it a go.
Otherwise heed the warnings and ruuunnn.
Fakey grapey alert!

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

I would normally never have bothered with this but I was in Target and saw the holiday gift sets on clearance and a mini of this was under $5 so I grabbed it (because it was super cheap and I haven't bought any perfume in a week and needed my fix!)
At first I was kind of surprised and thought I could/would actually wear this.
It opened with lots of peach and orange. I also got a bit of the boysenberry jam. Fruity without being overly sweet but unfortunately that lasted all of about 20 seconds before it got icky. If you are familiar with Viva La Juicy, then you know it has that weird synthetic vanilla plasticy note and this does too. I think I can smell the water lilly laying right under it, but it is being smothered by that fake plastic smell. I didn't have high hopes for this at all and it defiantly met my expectations.

Jessamines

I reluctantly smelt this in the perfume shop once on the recommendation of the sales assistant.
Was pleasantly surprised. To me it smelt clean and fresh with subtle fruity notes. Exactly what I'd been looking for.
I bought it, smelt great for the first month or so [used a few times a week].

Now it smells disgusting, bitter and plasticy.
I'm not sure what could have caused it, I'd kept it out of the heat, and kept the lid on when not in use.
My sister asked if she could have it but she gagged after squirting it on her wrist. Really unpleasant, had to be binned.

Jessamines

I bought it, smelt great for the first month or so [used a few times a week].

Now it smells disgusting, bitter and plasticy.

spritzedsilly2
spritzedsilly2

Not overly fruity, thank god I got none of the mango from it. To me it's a sweet woody vanilla. It's lasted about 6 hours on me. Nice ! It's very pretty. I love it.

I have Someday and like it. I have smelled Girlfriend and want it. I love The Key.

The little weasel has some nice perfumes.

GregorAPBDH
GregorAPBDH

This is quite a grown up scent from Justin. It does smell similar to his other two but also pretty different. The lasting power on this one is much better than someday. The notes are really nice in this scent and mix really well. I love the fact there is a fruit note in all three layers. I also smell vanilla all through this scent and also the florals mix well. Justin keep those great fragrances coming and never say never to a new one. This gets a 7.5/10 from me x

ferongoh
ferongoh

Nice not too sweet smelling perfume. Jus need a spray or 2 is good to last 1 whole day.
This will only be nice if not too much is being applied. So far I have just gotten it and I am loving the lovely scent.

jessora
jessora

It's definitely your typical "celeb" fragrance. It's got the fruity/floral with a bit of spice or oriental (the pictures show your votes for cedar and musk, that is not too far off but I get an oriental no one is speaking of). For me, I get a pretty strong warm flower maybe a rose with a pretty harsh, sharp woodsy or oriental undercurrent. It's not offensively sweet or powdery like something's in the air and you're trying to wave it away. It's very pleasant but, sadly, reminds me of something from my past. In 1988, I used to love the smell of Exclamation and wish I could wear it. If Exclamation smelled a little more classy, I think The Key would be it.

I quite like the white plastic bottle with the charm in that nothing else looks like it, whereas next to this in the tester was Coach and I have about 20 bottles at home with that exact same bottle.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Good grief. I like this. There. I said it. I typed it. I am not ashamed. :)
Well....maybe a little shy about admitting this, but what are you gonna do!? My son invited a young (teen) friend to accompany our family to a concert last weekend. As soon as she sat down in the car I was intrigued by the scent wafting around her. It was quite strong, and I think it would have read as perfect for her if the heat had not been so oppressive that unseasonably warm fall day. It smelled like a beautiful street version of a Egyptian Musk I have sourced out of a head shop from Pike's Market in Seattle which I buy every time we are there. I am not shy about asking people what they are wearing and had to know immediately what she had on, at the risk of embarrassing my son. I wasn't shocked when she said "J.B.'s The Key", but rather pleasantly surprised, and in a mom kind of fashion thought, "wow! Good for that (poor) kid! He finally put his name on something to be proud of!" ;)
It is soft, sexy, clean, musky & a tad sweet. I personally didn't smell a trace of vanilla. I could still smell this on her hours (NINE hours !) later so the lasting power was impressive. She is a sweet, stunningly (naturally!) pretty young woman & the scent fit her personality to a tee.
I really don't usually care about the celebrity endorsers anymore....I have learned to smell & appreciate a scent only for what it is on it's own, but I will admit I have a difficult time getting past some of them and Justin was no exception. But the kid signed his name to a scent that is quite impressive, classically appreciated (Egyptian musk) & surprisingly beautiful, and this may have just made me a Bieleber. :) I could even imagine wearing this as a signature if I were a teenager or in my twenties.

fyetan
fyetan

I first tried this in winter and thought it was a knock out of the park for the tween pop celebrity scents. Not your typical fruity floral, it was softly sweet while still being deep, grounded, and interesting.

It kind of faded into the back of my mind until I tested it again today (summer).
Yuck! What was I thinking?
It is now vaguely sweet and fruity... with a dominating note of BITTER plastic.

Maybe it just doesn't do summer very well.
Skin test this before you buy!
I'll try again in the winter...

Dawndelights

I am noticing more of the musk now which i did notice so much in the tester spray

SweetShelly
SweetShelly

This is a special perfume,very unique. I smell in it mango and mask.Not too sweet its fresh. Great for summer!

Dawndelights

This is not a typical celebrity scent more mature and not sweet like a candy shop.
A lovely airy summer scent, effervescent, fizzy like a pear champagne, it would be even more popular without a celebrity name to, but if it had a designer name it would be more expensive, so a good thing for your purse

kurobara yuki

I got this for my birthday and I must say that this is Bieber's best perfume up to date (in my opinion). It's truly refreshing and it's not the typical sickly mixture of fruity+floral+sweet-whatever. I'm not a Belieber but this is a wonderful perfume. Somehow, it gives me a wonderful feeling of confidence whenever I wear this :)

appleblossoms
appleblossoms

I really really like this one! I smell fruits at first. Citrus, grapefruit and anything fruity. It has a tropical vibe to it. I like the flower notes. It smells young and I understand why (fans' age group). Now I'm sniffing my wrists and it smells like musk now. Not really a Bieber fan but he did a nice job

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

Again this fragrance is too soft and undetectable. It's quite 'sexy' because of the musk but in a cheap way. You would expect to smell this in a girl's changing room at a secondary school - girls that age are Beiber's target audience so I suppose it's not surprising. Though I would expect more in the way of quality.

crazy_chic88
crazy_chic88

I am a massive Bieber fan so I was bound to smell this perfume as soon as it came out. I was feeling a little sceptical about smelling this perfume because I've smelt his previous perfumes like Girlfriend and Someday but they were too fruity for my liking (so hence why I don't own those perfumes even though I love Bieber!) That just goes to show that perfumes shouldn't be judged based on whether or not they are a celeb frag.

But The Key is surprisingly nice, it smells fruity, fresh and has florals. It lasts a long time on my skin which is great!

kurobara yuki

I'm not a Belieber but when I was given a paper strip with this on it, I was quite impressed with this. For me, I think that this is sweet but not too overwhelming and it's quite refreshing with a somewhat mature kind of vibe. I can't wait to have this in my collection. :)

dinaia
dinaia

I couldn't be further from the target demographic for this perfume, I haven't even listened to a whole justin bieber song in my life, but I like this, it's a fruity creamy gourmand treat, it also has a decent cost / longevity ratio. I must admit I would feel a bit awkward if someone asked me what perfume I'm wearing and I had to say "justin bieber latest" but oh well, the scent and the pleasure you get from it matter more.

DONNA VARSIK
DONNA VARSIK

first i'm not a beiber fan,but i do happen to like all his perfumes,i love the fruity scents i have the first 2 this one the key smells nothing like them,more musky.i really liked it ,but developed a headache,i have to wear it again to see if it was from the perfume or just a fluke.lol but i love the bottle.

It is a nice floral-fruity scent. Nothing wrong with it. I think it's quite clear it is made for teenage girls though.

Elmyra

I am sure i sense some violet in there...and on me it smells like violets and musk, so id say, not bad, as these notes are my cup of tea.

Like ive said before, i am not too judgmental on the name of the design house, as long as the frag smells good - and lasts, i purchase.

Besides, these celeb scents are made by houses like Coty and Arden, not really by Bieber...just like Britney's fantasy is formulated my Armani i read somewhere.

So i am all for celeb scents, as they are cool for everyday wear, well priced and have wacky bottles. I gladly wear this frag, on days when i dont want to use up my Versaces, and actually this smells pretty good!!

lyssak
lyssak

This perfume is TERRIBLY overrated. It smells of generic supermarket shampoo. It left me very underwhelmed and disappointed.

Elmyra

Id love to try this. I dont care if its justin bieber, if the frag is good.
The key looks cute too, to put onto a chain...
If this really does smell like Tommy dreaming, like some reviewers suggested then im more than eager.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Karen was spot on. When I smelled the magazine strip of this I thought of Tommy Hillfiger Dreaming (peaches and cream). The spartan white bottle is beautiful like Chanel 22 or Madonna's. A mature woman could wear this, but the Biebs association?

busik
busik

Bottle is really much nicer than the content, but for girls is that it should, bright, intrusive and from Bieber!

thomasx3
thomasx3

I was scared that it would smell like all the other celebrity scents, you know typical sweet scents but this one is actually very nice.
The scent is very clean with some sweet notes, reminds me of fresh laundry .
I think people that don't like the typical sweet scent will love this one.

CORCOR
CORCOR

Hate this perfume gave me a really bad headache couldn't wait to wash off when tested it- it smells like an old lady perfume horrible. Shame I lie the bottle it's gorgeous!

nightcat23
nightcat23

Smells nice. More floral musky rather than fruity unlike his other fragrances that are super sugary and sweet. This one is nice and has a bit of a shampoo vibe. It's nice but nothing ground breaking. I don't know why it's received so much hate. It's too mediocre to strongly hate. This will please most of his fans.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I've sprayed it on a blotter, so I could bring it to my teen cousin, who's crazy about Justin Bieber. You know what? I've smelled worse fragrances. A bright fruity floral that I'm sure many teenagers will appreciate.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I just smelled this at Macys n I'm quite impressed... In a sea of celebriscent offerings this one actually got me 2 wrist test after sniffing the spray nozzle... Clean, mild and simple r all words that came to mind when smelling my wrist... Wouldn't mind owning a bottle honestly :)

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

After getting the paper sample from Ulta's catalog, I thought I was going to really like this. I got a sample decant and the first 5 min were kinda nice, but then NO, NOPE.. too much rose and I think I smell gardenia. smells like roses that have sat in a vase for weeks, or been in the rain and are now starting to mildew & rot..

I tried it and I find it better than his first two, which were watery fruity scents, the Key is warm and fuzzy, more a winter scent in a way, sweeter ...it isn't bad really, but is light, and stays pretty much the same throughout..
But it is a nice option for a soft warm scent for younger crowds, even older as it is in a way not a typical generic candy sweet scent.
The bottle though looks quite cheap.

prettyswag
prettyswag

Bath and body works body spray here...nothing too much but a fruity suave drugstore shampoo smell....get some shampoo, water, unscented oil, and a put that in a empty spray bottle..and mist on ur hair...there u go....JB THE KEY!

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Smells rosy and candy like. Soft and youthful. The bottle is not very attractive IMO. The dry down is musky and smells oldish. Doesn't last long. 3 hrs later all gone.

indiralove
indiralove

OMG, Nataja is like totally correct here!!! Went out to test this baby and had this hunk behind my back telling me how delicious I smell! I was then invited to a fantastic lunch date! Thank you for the reviews!

Nataja
Nataja

I have had expensive perfumes and I will becompletely honest this perfume is downright GORGEOUS!Wow,also the compliments the whole night from men was insane!!! I dont know if Justin Bieber threw pheromones in here,but it works AMAZING! And you people know how dead on honest my postings are. Chanel move over,I found the real deal from JB.He's a genius!!!! THANKYOU!!!

alanav09
alanav09

gonna second a few reviews below mine, and say that I CANNOT STAND THIS HUMAN BEING. from what I've seen of him in the news, he's entitled, immature, and irresponsible.

but his team is amazing. this perfume does remind me of shampoo/hairspray, but in a good way. actually considering getting a purse spray size of this, but I feel like i'd be damning my soul to hell....

karenrobert
karenrobert

smells amazing like a delicious decadent dessert of creamy peachy apricot sorbet swirl in a cooling rainbow fruit icy sensation. This is the only Beiber perfume I would consider buying. If you're sick and tired of all the syrupy sick sweet perfumes, or the old granny barely mobile perfume, or the crazy head ache induced melancholy vampy night walker perfumes, the aldehyde induced vintage perfumes, dead animal secretions from the house of shalimar, here is an option for an upbeat happy nausea free youthful scent. This is a cooling scent to me. There is youth, innocence, first love kind of sentiment in this perfume. This scent just put a smile on my face after a hard day of work. It feels soothing and relaxing to get me in the mood to roll up and cuddle for a romantic dinner in the middle of the week on an unexpected Wednesday night. I tried this one out at the mall today and I am totally in love. I was never a fan of Beiber or his past perfume but this one is definitely the best of Beiber so far.

denncita
denncita

This smells very mainstream, but then again, what can you expect from Justin Bieber, really? Reminds me of hairspray or something headache inducing. Nothing special here.

lukkyme
lukkyme

I rolled my eye's today when I got the mail & a sample of THIS fell out of the ULTA booklet . . . . .especially after juuust reading/seeing the incident where he spit on his FAN'S from a balcony & was laughing about it ! . . . . he seemed more mature when he was 12! ANYWAY! . .. .I HATE 2 say this has a soft clean soapy scent its verrry light & prolly wouldn't last long but DAMMMIT it does smell good ! . . . & I do NOT like his other fragrance's to sweet & grape smelling 4 me ! this stuff ALMOST reminds me of---Philosophy's AMAZING GRACE or one that's in that ''GRACE'' line-up from them . . . . . soft feminine clean !

chillalot
chillalot

god i wanted to dislike it..but it smells so good..clean and soapy..cute bottle too

Artpop2013
Artpop2013

This honestly smells like dolce and gabana's "Light Blue" perfume. It smells like lemons and citrus fruit when you first spray it. His scents are unoriginal and although they may smell good he's just ripping off some of the higher scale designer perfumes. I mean you cant lie that "someday" smells exactly like "viva la juicy" and this one smells like "light blue" the only scent that smells original from him is "girlfriend".

ckoval09

If you aren't really into sweet perfume but want to break into the sweeter side of smells this would be a perfect scent. Very feminine. I'm not a sweet perfume girl like beibers 1st perfumes or brittany spears fantasy. But I do like a lil sweetness and I really like the key. Just wish it was longer lasting!!!

twillocks
twillocks

This hurts to say . . . . this is really nice. I didn't want to try it but the sales lady told me that it smells great. I protested and she stuck it under my nose. WOW I do like it and sprayed some on me LOL I will soon be buying a bottle for my collection.

lauramiles
lauramiles

It smells amazing! It smells kind of like bath soap with vanilla & lavender, a little fruity. I love it!

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

When I tested this in stores, it smelled very vanilla musk to me.

I like it so I ordered it from Sephora.

It smells so much different than the tester, so the tester must have been going bad due to it being out in the lights and other stuff.

The new bottle I know have smells very fruity and vanillaish. It smells kinda citrusy in a way. Maybe there is quince or kiwi in it. I am picking that up.

It smells very fruity fresh to me with a vanilla after smell.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I smelled it, hoping to give it the benefit of the doubt. The bottle was sort of cool, but holding it in my hand revealed a bit of disappointment when I realized that it wasn't as interesting as it seemed in pictures.

Scent-wise, I wasn't expecting much, considering the note selection is ridiculously rudimentary. Floral notes, fruity notes, and wood notes. Seriously? Couldn't they at least put a TINY bit of effort into marketing and production to make it sound the least bit interesting?

Justin's previous fragrances have been really nice! Fresh, fruity-florals for everyday, non-offensive wear...but this one is seriously a waste of money, compared to the rest.

Definitely go with Someday, because it's a lot cheaper since it's been out longer. This is really a mundane disappointment.

It smells like a Rihanna's nude, just without the sparkling radiance from the pear, and the creamy, woodsy sandalwood base. Essentially, a weakened, less juicy version of Nude.

I would highly recommend choosing Someday over this, because Someday is a lot more interesting and fresh.

ckoval09

I like this one way better than the others. Not so sweet a lil soapy but fresh. Just got it but so far the scent doesnt stick for too long. I really haven't smelt a scent I like right off hand but I like this a lot.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

I smelled this yesterday and I really like it. I just wish it lasted longer on me. The woody part of the fragrance makes it a little more mature than your normal bubblepop for young girls. I think anyone can wear this.

KelseyRaven

The notes are way too basic. Top-Fruity Notes Middle-Floral Notes, and the base has the classic woods, vanilla and musk.

KelseyRaven

Went to Macy's and smelled this fragrance a few days ago, and I immediately thought of his other two fragrances when I did. I was expecting something with vanilla and jasmine, or something sexier, but to me it's a bit of a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I like the scent, but it's too similar to his other two.

harpist
harpist

I've only tried less than 5 celebrity fragrances but my mother picked this up for the bottle and sprayed it on (she has no idea who Beiber is, and honestly I don't get or care about all the hate on him).

To my surprise, it's actually not that bad of a fragrance. It honestly reminds me A LOT like Rihanna Nude- very similar opening of fruits and then a lightly vanilla and woodsy base. The only real difference to me is that Nude smells more mature while The Key really reminds me more of just some whatever fruity floral shampoo. It's an innoffensive scent to with soft-moderate silage. It's not nauseating and pretty easy to wear. I think longevity was about 2-3 hours. The bottle looks rather plastic and cheap- the key actually broke and fell off from its loop chain on the tester bottle.

There's really nothing too special about this and I find there are much better alternatives that are more worthy of a purchase.

almarie
almarie

I tried this on today at my store and I actually really like it. It's different from his previous fragrances,and I think I will have to buy this!

JBiebsHairSwag
JBiebsHairSwag

I ordered this and cant wait for it to come in. I love any perfume from Justin :)

Egi Zotaj
Egi Zotaj

were i can buy it on internet, which site? i live in albania (europe), i dont think i can receive it in my country.

ChadEric86
ChadEric86

Its pretty pathetic that a majority of people dont like this fragrance due to it being by Bieber. Due to the fact hes successful and a major pop artist. This just came out and people should base an opinion on the fragrance not the persons name on it.

aimeesaraamy123
aimeesaraamy123

Well I haven't smelt it yet but please stop just giving the perfume a bad review just because his name is one it! Of course it smells similar to Girlfriend and Someday those two scents sold millions of bottles why change it? It's all advertising change the bottle keep the scent the same young girls go crazy! And it's for young girls not 50 year old women so obviously most people here won't like it. My daughter has girlfriend and loves in to death anyone know when it's coming out in Ireland? Or even the UK? She's a massive belieber so I probably will be writing a full review in August! Love the bottle though very elegant and different compared to the others, go biebs!!!

BiiebsSwaggy
BiiebsSwaggy

Where i can buy this parfume ?
I live in switzerland but here comes the key next year and i will buy it on internet but where ? can someone help me ?! :)

astamm62
astamm62

He seems to take ideas from other scents..Someday looks like Lola,Girlfriend is the same name as Patti Labelles fragrance, he is using a key like Antonio Banderas.I care for the smell of first 2 scents.

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

I smelt this in macy's. its smells just like his other two. Nothing original here.