Designers » I-K » Woody « Groups

Norwegian Wood Kanøn for men

Norwegian Wood Kanøn for men
dislike

Norwegian Wood is soothing woods and calming aromatics; a man’s fragrance close to the source.

With its famed brand signature of highly-defined masculine character Kanøn for Men introduces Kanøn Norwegian Wood. A new man’s scent which calms the soul through a specialized mix of perfectly-blended warm, natural woody essences. Impossible to resist and in one movement a perfect state of natural harmony and masculine presence. Norwegian Wood was launched in 2010.

Bergamot Citruses

Sandalwood Woody Notes

Oakmoss

Norwegian Wood Fragrance Reviews

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

If I pretended to know what wood from Norway actually smelled like, you would be right to call me a phony.

What I do know is that many times, otherwise sensible people look at a bottle and a price tag, and immediately make assumptions even before (if they ever do) take a sniff.

This is my 2nd favorite fragrance from Kanon (first being Agarwood), a unisex line for men and women (says I) who love outdoorsy smells that don't clear a room. As others have stated it is a clean, simple Sandalwood with a touch of sweetness and warmth, as opposed to the cooler, less sweet fragrance of Agarwood.

For the price, though, you don't have to choose. Truth be told, I've paid more for perfume samples-- and have not enjoyed them as much as I do these humble Kanon bottles.

dnchn
dnchn

it just me or everybody thinking that norwegian wood is similiar to lidg, but lighter

Plucus21
Plucus21

This is a simple fragrance for a simple price. It is basically sligtly sweet, clean sandalwood. The other notes aren't prominent but they just ensure that this fragrance is not a 100% sandalwwod smell. Longevity is 3-4 hours. Great for a cool summer night of a fall day. This does smell good but it is very simple and would work great layered. I did receive a compliment from this so it will not offend even if you overspray. For $7 this is a no brainer. Much better than an Axe Body Spray for the same price.

adamantyr
adamantyr

Seems like this one is really making the rounds at the local Ross... $7 is a cheap price though to try a new scent.

The sandalwood is the main note with it, and it's very pleasant. The only issue is the longevity, which is pretty much nil... I did two squirts on my wrist in the morning and within an hour it was already faded to nothing.

Worth the price, though. It's good to have a scent that is subtle over time, especially in work environments with people that are sensitive to smells.

distortech
distortech

Fabulous. Certainly worth having in the collection.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

Blind bought this one for 6 bucks and it is pure sandalwood. Not my fave but the longevity and sillage will last on clothes over 12 hours. My father in law loves it. But I like the wood top setting in my collection.

AZJeff
AZJeff

I bought this on impulse buy from "Ross" dept.store,not even testing it out. I was a little dissapointed in that I don't like it a whole lot. I bought it cause it had the name "Norwegian" in it,which is part of my heritage. I thought with that name in it, that it would smell good. I was wrong. I may end up decanting samples of it for people or giving it away or selling it. It's similar to Obsession but not as strong. I don't like Obsession. I'm surprised at reading what fragrance notes this has in it,that it far less notes then Obsession does. Or is it they just don't list all of them, cause they don't have all the information.?

herreroph
herreroph

Me voy a referir a Kanon Agarwood, el cual aun no esta registrado aqui.
Ayer recibi la botella, fue una compra a ciegas despues de leer algunos comentarios positivos en Basenotes, etc, tambien habian muchos negativos, pero como saben, uno siempre quiere probar y como no es cara.
La use ayer y la estoy usando ahora y dejenme decirles que es la fragancia mas mala (pesima, horrible) que jamas haya tenido, huele tan sintetica, la longevidad es alta y la proyeccion media, gracias a Dios, porque me da dolor de cabeza, no se puede percibir ningun olor agradable en ella, la compre porque soy fan del oud, pero el que le puso ese nombre a esta fragancia, nunca debe haber olido aceite oud o incienso o lo que sea.
La botella y la caja estan bien diseñadas.
Muy arrepentido de esta compra, por suerte solo gaste el ella $ 13.00, creo que la regalare muy pronto.
Mi calificacion es de -10/10 = 0

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Wandering over to the masculine end of the fragrance world for $5 at TJ Maxx is a cheap thrill. I love sandalwood in fragrances, and couldn’t resist Norwegian Wood. I must say, I’m a little nervous about potentially “smelling like a man” (although I love how men smell!), so I hope that doesn’t influence my response too much.

The bottle is interesting, a squat sturdy bottle with a wooden cap shaped like a large wine cork; it conveys a very modern yet earthy vibe (Ikea, anyone?)

I tried to spray conservatively (on my abdomen and a tiny bit on my wrist, for closer inspection). The initial scent was rather crisp and citrusy, with only a hint of sandalwood. I see that both citrus and bergamot are listed, but this is definitely more citrus than anything else. Within the hour, the sandalwood becomes more apparent but this sandalwood is not excessively warm and cozy; it remains crisp with citrus undertones. I keep getting images of a ski lodge with lovely pale golden wood paneling bathed in winter sunlight; the feeling of warmth in contrast to a cold day; the smell of a sauna, with clean white linens and heavy wooden walls damp with steam. (I read someone else’s impression of cedar chips wet in the rain—and I think there is a cedary tinge, which must be why I’m getting images of a sauna). I thought for a minute I could smell the mustiness of the oakmoss, but that was short lived. As it continues to develop, it does warm up a bit in a pleasant and sensual way, and the sandalwood continues to remind me of cedar.

My mental imagery and impression are being unduly influenced by the name of this fragrance; I think that’s because the name, bottle, and fragrance fit very well. It really isn’t too masculine. It’s a pleasant sandalwood, almost a single-note scent. It does develop a bit from crisp and clean to slightly warmer, but it’s a sunlit winter day kind of warmth. I’m wearing it on a warm summer day, but I think it would be a better cool-weather fragrance. Sillage is moderate, longevity >5 hours on my skin.

major_works
major_works

I picked up a 3.3 oz bottle at TJ Maxx or Marshalls for $7 like a few others here. Bought it blind but what I'd read about it intrigued me. At that price, it's certainly a worthwhile buy. Very woody, light, and clean. For me, longevity is on the poor side. It devolves to a skin scent within 3-4 hours. That's OK for me, though. I don't need everyone to smell a lumber yard when I walk by.

NickE ReauX: JL did write the song as an ode to an affair he was having but didn't want Cyn to know about it. Thus, Norwegian Wood was rather obtuse. It's widely thought that when he "lit a fire," it was a reference to smoking pot, which he and the others were heavily into at the time.

NickE ReauX
NickE ReauX

Welp.. I bought this ultra-$6.99 cheap at Ross purely for the name. I figured even if it's utter crap I was amused by the Rubber Soul whimsy. A pleasant surprise was had.. I like it..quite a bit. I'm a total sucker for sandalwood ..which is mostly what I get with a enjoyable sweetness arriving a bit later.. yeah it's got nothing to woo a snobbish Fraggie ( the scent equivalent of a Foodie ) but I've always been happy to let the good times roll wherever they appear.. I especially like it for work.. I do security for a mega-huge,mega-paranoid tech company and the Wood just settles in and feels right at home with my uniform.. giving me a warm woody glow through those graveyard shift hours.. on a pop culture note.. " Norwegian Wood " is one of the great mystery songs.. did they have sex or not?..did he burn the furniture?or the whole house the next morning?..the other great mystery is,of course, " Ode To Billy Joe "..what the hell got thrown into that damn river? ( besides Billy Joe)..and WHY?.. that makes me want to find a fragrance that Billy Joe McAllister might have worn..any ideas?

instantjim
instantjim

Delightfully sharp and woody in its opening, this fragrance is well worth the minuscule amount for which it can be bought. I paid $6.99 at either Kohl's or Ross for this wonderful gem' while visiting the US.

There is a slight greenness to this one which is not reflected in the notes, possibly due to the combination of moss, citrus and whatever synthetic woody aromachemicals are used. For some reason it reminds me of a woody version of Absynthe pour homme by Avon.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

A surprisingly piercing and violently realistic wood with a capital... I guess all the letters are in capitals. This smells more like a perfumer's base with alcohol added than an actual fragrance. It is useful for layering, if you're into that. I like my fragrances finished, thank you very much!

jozemo
jozemo

a good comforting woodsy scent for man, that last thru out the day and has a slight projection, a real quality cologne for a bargin.

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

I bought this blind at my local TJMaxx for $7. It is a very comforting woodsy smell. I have been spraying onto my hubby before bed because as we snuggle up, and can smell it, and I just find it very soothing. Of course, the weather has been cooler, and we've been sleeping with the windows open. We put the heavier blanket on the bed, and we fall asleep listening to the crickets and frogs/toads in the marsh singing at night. This scent takes me to one of our favorite hobbies, which is camping. It's damp, and then it's dry. It's mossy, and then it's a warm. It seems to change a bit back and forth on him, and I like it. It does not have really good sillage, but it's longevity seems pretty good.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Good for a very cheap price. I payed $7 fror 3.3 oz at tjmaxx yesterday and have been wearing it since. It smells very much like amber/vanilla/sandalwood all soaked in cream soda. It's a soft sweet smell and is innoffensive. The longevity is ok, I get about 3-4 hours on my skin and about 8-10 on my clothes. The projection is good for like 30 minutes, then it's very close to the skin. You can try to put more on, but it's a waste of time and juice. Settle for a subtle scent. If you can get someone close in, like a hug or close quarter conversation, then you'll be noticed, but not just by standing in a room. Overall a good buy for sure.

Hollie
Hollie

Warm,wet wood....slightly sweet. Very strange but not in a really great way. Reminds me of being a kid and playing on the rain-soaked cedar chips of the playground right after the sun pops out and warms them up a bit. That doesn't sound too offensive and niether is this scent if layered with amber or vanilla or something. The other Kanon is much drier and sharper.This one's slightly mushroomy...very earthy but not sure it works completely. I like the analogy to a rotting bench......thanks for making me laugh....but really...it's sort of true.

Grottola
Grottola

Nasty.

What should be a simple wood, vanilla, and nutmeg scent turns into a rotting bench from hell. On my skin, the nutmeg overpowers too much with a weird woody-acetone note. The stuff is cheap for a reason.

jtis30
jtis30

If you wait 20 minutes it gets over the synthetic smell and is ok for about an hour. It smells better as an air freshener (seriously) because I can actually smell the sandalwood which I love. It's inexpensive($7 for 1.7 oz) but wouldn't buy again.

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

I picked this one up at ROSS for 6.99 + tax. 3.3 oz bottle. Sprayed some on my arm as soon as I got in the car and was blown away by the sophistication of this scent. It's supposed to be all woods, and I suppose it is. I smell lots of sandalwood--my favorite! It's very masculine, warm and woody, and so far I really like it. I remember wearing the original Kanøn way back in the 70's and it was quite good, too. You could do far worse for your $7 than this. Cheaper than lunch and lasts a whole lot longer. Thumbs up, guys.

Astektomas
Astektomas

"I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me;
She showed me her room; isn't it good Norwegian
Wood?"
Yes, it's good; yes, you are all good my to-the-point
splash of the day - clean, with diamond clear dew drops on your wooden crown, interesting in your woody
duality - artfully combining your aromatic cedar/fir nature with the sugary mapleness, quite lickable at the drydown which seems to go on forever, and doesn't want to evaporate, like those mists and fogs over the fjiords cutting deeply into the heart of your home in the norwegian rain forests.
"And when I awoke, I was alone;the bird has flown
So I lit a fire; isn't it good Norwegian Wood?"

Cheap stuff and very strong alcohol. It is more like an aftershave than cologne. Sure enough, it's very woodsy and very mature; not for teens. Tacky packaging. Nothing that I would draw to this. Sorry but this ain't for me.

tragon7121
tragon7121

Doesn't smell like how much it costs at all! Don't judge something by its brand and price. Great scent, very woody, very unique ... just stand out!
Start up somehow like Le Male, but then cool down very woody. Very long lasting, I put a spray on a piece of paper at 9PM, went to bed, waked up at 11AM next day, still could smell the base scent on the paper.
And guess how much it costs in ROSS ?! --> $9 + tax for 3.3oz size!

Norwegian Wood by Kanøn 3.62 out of 5 based on 77 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kanøn Norwegian Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kanøn Norwegian Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Norwegian Wood by Kanøn. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Norwegian Wood by Kanøn represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.