Designers » I-K » Oriental Spicy « Groups

KL Homme Karl Lagerfeld for men

KL Homme Karl Lagerfeld for men
dislike

KL Homme Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures

KL Homme by Karl Lagerfeld is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. KL Homme was launched in 1986. The nose behind this fragrance is Firmenich. Top notes are bergamot, amalfi lemon, orange and brazilian rosewood; middle notes are carnation, jasmine, geranium, cinnamon, rose, sandalwood and patchouli; base notes are amber, benzoin, civet, musk and vanilla.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Orange Brazilian Rosewood

Carnation Jasmine Geranium Cinnamon Rose Sandalwood Patchouli

Amber Benzoin Civet Musk Vanilla

Sex Appeal

KL Homme Fragrance Reviews

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

When it came in 1986, it was a superstar. All expected a new top seller. We know that the reality became different. KL homme, though being excellent, quickly was overpassed in sales by Zino Davidoff (which has similar base notes) and others, and never reached the popularity of the regular Lagerfeld. Unlike Zino Davidoff, it hardly got copied. It disappeared somewhen in the 90ies from the regular retailers market. - 4 from 5 - 93P - woody oriental - KL homme is excellent, harmonized notes which are oriental but not too. Spicy-fresh-woody top and a oriental-some gourmand background, may not flowing perfectly into each other. When you wore it in a nightclub in early 1986, all asked you about this fragrance.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I don't know, I think you can find stuff like this in the mall still, and for very little money. This isn't the "unicorn" holy grail discontinued oriental that some people might be making it out to be. I just bought a 2 oz bottle of KL at my nearby shopping mall for $36.33, and I have a photo of the receipt to prove it. An object lesson in real "vintage" fragrance economics, if you will - the impulse is to seek these types of fragrances online at auction sites like Ebay, where people are currently asking no less than $69 for the same size EDT. But in reality the obvious course of action of 15 yrs ago (going to a brick and mortar) yields better results, particularly if you visit a non-franchised perfume store (in other words, something other than Perfumania). I know of two brick and mortars here in Connecticut that have had KL Homme on their shelves in the last two years, and I just bought one of them, and even more intriguing is that the guy who owns the store I bought it from is very knowledgeable of these fragrances, and knows what he has in stock like the back of his hand.

The fragrance? A crisp oriental, very balsamic, although its musk notes have decayed and disappeared due to the fragrance's age, and the amber in the base is a little thin. Otherwise it is a terrific balsamic-spicy composition that smells fairly natural, a sort of cross between Obsession for Men and Cinnabar, minus the soapy "blah" nature of the former and the incense note of the latter. Worth every penny I paid, but imo not a penny more.

Ronson9
Ronson9

KL is a great scent, intense and very rich, i love it.

Cheadle
Cheadle

One of the first fragrances I bought many years ago, I stumbled across it in a store that was selling off its stock. As a matter of fact I bought a number of classics from them. I HAVE NOT SET EYES ON THIS SINCE THEN. KL Homme is on a completely different level. My "Nose" was too inexperienced back then to fully appreciate this. Interestingly I have searched for all the classics I was naturally drawn to in past only to encounter false/modern interpretations of those great frags and those that were not "modernized" were simply killed off. Now what happened to my bottle of KL Homme..??? of course I gave it away or sold it.. can't quite remember . All I know now is that the search continues for powerhouses of years gone by.. Yeah that time is coming when older guys will have no choice but to pick up one of the many metro-watery scents that have perfused store shelves. Guys keep collecting classics any where you find them. Look in the corner shops, in the dark alleys / the grey markets yeah they exist worldwide.

Sorry but if you love classics you have got to stoop to get them (you wouldn't find them in any brightly lit high street shopping mall) and when you do locate one gem, treasure it find somewhere cool and dark to store them cos the de-cahonizing campaign is in full swing. who knows? they may even try to repossess the ones you already own.. ha ha..

It scary to think I had gems like Gucci Nobile, Fendi uomo, Trussardi Uomo Lacoste Land ..what I'll do now to reclaim that old collection... Goodies Like BossNo.1, Aramis and Givenchy Gentleman are still around but I gave up on them because they smell different each time you buy them..no two bottles smell the same, its almost like the are reformulated every few months just to irritate us lovers of classics.

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

I had a tester of this in 1986 that seemed to last and last, a rich heavy scent and seemingly thick and oily to the touch, which made it endure for so long no doubt, I cant remember too much about the notes but yes, heavy rosewood, patchouli and of course sandalwood, probably as I only recognised those notes at the time. I remember being on the back seat of a double decker dabbing it on my wrist, there was a very rude loud woman sitting three rows ahead who looked at me with disdain when she got a whiff. fond memories of an 80's icon.

krmarich
krmarich

In 1986 I had to get a large bottle that I used until the last drop. It was my signature. It boosted my confidence and commanded attention. I grabbed another bottle up before it was sadly discontinued.

The light oriental character is boldly presented. The patcholi-rose bond give it a powdery quality. Its not unlike a visit to an old fashioned barber. The jasmine is obvious. The drydown is nothing short of epic. Sweet creamy vanilla, cinnamon, amber and civety musk create a sexy aura.

Lagerfeld loved Shalimar and this is a loving tribute. When ever I need a bust of sunshine on a gloomy day, I wear it. Its great in the winter.

Grottola
Grottola

KL Homme is smooth and classy-smelling; there's no doubt about that. At the same time, it's a bit too powdery and borderline-feminine for my taste. I hate to be the first neutral on this one, but it's not something I'd wear. If I want a powdery fragrance, I'd much sooner reach for Tiffany for Men.

Don't let my opinion worry any hopes you might have about this - it's still worth trying and you may strike gold when you smell this. I didn't.

bakariman1
bakariman1

OMG! It's been 25 years and I totally forgot about this KL cologne. It was one of my favorites at the time. Back then, Lagerfeld Classic had been popular for a while, but it was a very strong scent and I didn't have enough confidence to wear it. So, I was so happy when "KL" came out, because it was lighter and better suited for my mid-20's age group. Ahhhh...I'd love to revisit this scent again. I doubt that I would wear KL today, but its smell would bring back fond memories.

Lot's of notes here. When the drydown arrives, I get clear notes of vanilla, castoreum (probably what they mean by "civet"), geranium, and spice (and there's obviously patchouli, though it's in more of a cream form). It's nicely blended and the quality of the ingredients seems high. I prefer this to Ungaro II, for example, because this is more complex and richer, but is not inferior to the Ungaro in any way (unless you want a more realistic civet note). If you want notes that are more pronounced, JHL might be for you, if you're seeking this kind of oriental (though JHL has a strong sandalwood note, whereas this one does not have a strong wood note of any kind). Longevity and projection/"sillage" are at least very good.

guest_bodygard
guest_bodygard

Den Damen und den Herrenduft von KL habe
ich als Partnerduft bei parfuemeur@web.de
als Imitation anfertigen lassen.Parfüm=
qalität und preiswerter als das Original.
Wir sind begeistert.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

My 2nd fragrance I ever owned and I was totally in love with it!
I used it around 1990/91 when the whole clubbing scene was at its peak so I have tons of good memories during cold Vienna winter nights, clubbing my young years away and meeting interesting people.
This is a mature and sophisticated scent, yet I love poudery and heavy orientals in the depth of winter.
Total classic, very rich and warm: think toffee, molasses, burnt caramel, vanilla, cream, nutmeg, clover, cinnamon, and all that other good stuff.

Smells of "Laurence of Arabia"! lol

Hard to find these days.

TOTAL CLASSIC!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

A little too mature for my taste. In the same category as Oscar Pour Lui, Santos and Fendi. Of the three, I prefer Fendi... however, KL is next in line. I like that it tones down, and doesn't shout 80s.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Along with Lagerfeld Classic and Jako, KL Homme completes a kind of "holy trinity" of Lagerfeld fragrances for men. Karl Lagerfeld creates very appealing and refined perfumes. KL Homme is wonderfully exotic and elegant, yet very appropriate for almost any occasion. This beauty elicits many positive comments when I wear it. The citrus, floral and wood notes assert themselves individually and complement each other in a gorgeous medley of olfactory brilliance. Yes, I do love this juice!

KL Homme by Karl Lagerfeld 4.61 out of 5 based on 63 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Karl Lagerfeld KL Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Karl Lagerfeld KL Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify KL Homme by Karl Lagerfeld. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of KL Homme by Karl Lagerfeld represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.