Designers » I-K » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men

Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men
dislike

Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Karl Lagerfeld for Him Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures

Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld launches his new fragrances in March of 2014. The new fragrances are done in collaboration with Interparfums, while his previous creations were released under the license of Coty. The fragrances include masculine and feminine version - Karl Lagerfeld for Her and Karl Lagerfeld for Him.

Karl Lagerfeld for Him is an aromatic - fougere fragrance that begins with fresh mandarin and lavender oil. Its heart of green apple and violet is laid on the base of amber and sandalwood.

Models of the campaign are Baptiste Giabiconi and Kati Nescher. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Christophe Hérault.

Lavender Mandarin Orange

Nautica Acqua Rush Gold

Karl Lagerfeld for Him Fragrance Reviews

makatak
makatak

Totally like this fragrance,not love,but like very much. Always great after a morning shower and before work, fresh and not offensive/powdery or too floral as described, doesn`t seem floral to me at all. For the money you can get it at online, a great safe blind buy fragrance. In fact next to La Nuit De l`homme this is my second best compliment getter, go figure....
I actually prefer this as a light fragrance over others I`ve sold including Acqua Di Gio, L`Homme Sport, Ferragamo F Black and D&G Light Blue. .

Hsk
Hsk

Well i m a bit confuse over here with all these bad reviews, to me this one is a straight cross between Bleu D Chanel,Invictus and Black by kenneth cole... it got me many compliments every single time i wore and interestingly when i was wearing it at least five different people thought its BDC and three thought its Gucci guilty black all different timings , about others they just liked it.. On my very acidic and unfriendly perfume skin it lasts about 4 to 5 hours and my clothes about solid 8 plus hours.. The price i bought it for like 30euros 100ml so not bad...IMHO its a safe inexpensive scent for casual summer nights, sweet and citrus with hint of woods very safe.. A girl colleague of mine (for her boyfriend) and my cousin they both bought after smelling it on me . btw this is my first ever perfume from Karl Lagerfeld and am ok with it...
One should try....Not bad in this price and i think its better then many others in this price range as it is not popular in main stream ...

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

I think the bad reviews comes from the expectations that Karl Lagerfeld should do something exceptionally beautiful.

I was curious to try it after seeing the bad reviews, i can't deny that the first couple of times i hated, then i started getting over the green apple note, and found lavendar and sandalwood, by time i started noticing that it gets sweeter after the first few minutes.

On paper the longevity seems average, but on my skin and cloth, it just dissapears after an hour, as if i had nothing on! It's really weird, and it's not nose fatigue or anything, i could tell.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

Okay So after seeing all the bad reviews online, I decided I had to try it for myself. I am never one to only follow the masses, sometimes I will, But I will also make my own decisions. Why shy away from controversy?
After application my initial thoughts are, "Wow, I understand why people feel this is so overly trendy and generic." It's a powerful synthetic punch. A lot like A&F, or Bannana Replublic, or any other Retail store scent. But stronger!
It is NOT light, it is strong and trendy. It is exactly like every teenage boys bodyspray but with more power.
It is not different from Axe bodyspray.
It smells like puberty and a sense of entitlement. Okay, but here's the thing, It smells okay.
There I said it. Yeah, Actually, It smells good. It's a better quality, longer lasting, farther silage then Axe. Those others fade away, this one stays around.
I get the synthetic mandarin, lavender, apple, and violet. It seems like the Amber synthetic is over powering the sandalwood.
I like it, I don't LOVE it. But I would wear it. It smells like YOUTH. Not like us old trolls online looking for the next Habit Rouge on perfume blogs.

TRENDY-
This is the scent of a 19 year old body, lean tight muscle mass, sexy clothing, smooth muscles.
Verility clad in fake leather, pleather !. Drunken trashy nights, coming home from the bar smelling like cigarettes with friends. I can understand the subtle similarities in the dry down to Bleu.

A strong, trendy, & synthetic scent that smells common.
This is not the next great fragrance. But it is what it is. A scent that smells alright. In a way, it's almost an exaggerated, sarcastic commentary on today's youth targeted perfumes.

I love that.

dmirror

Crazy that this fragrance only got a 2.5 average rating and so many negative reviews I recently purchased it off of fragrancenet for $25.49 the set actually these reviewers got it wrong this is actually a nice fragrance it actually smells like a combination of kc black bleu de chanel and boss bottled night I'm smelling my under shirt right now and it actually smells somewhat like bleu de chanel my girl even noticed that this morning she was laying on my shoulder before getting up her exact words Mmmm! that smells good what is it is it bleu reason why I bring it up because the dry down did seem familiar but I couldn't figure out what it smelled similar too but she figured it out for me I get what some reviewers posted about it having a strong synthetic smell in the beginning but that could be a good or bad thing for some guys meaning it's strong but it lasts on me it's been almost a full day since I applied it and it's still on my under shirt and noticeably still here so good performance so far it starts off musky & kind of fruity but masculine this is my second review 8/10 and a like it's a year round fragrance for the people that's reading this and wondering if they should blind buy I say "[bleep]" the haters/dislikers and go for it and it's actually affordable now like $18 to $20 for a 3.4oz bottle

sawatzky
sawatzky

Since we have a 'no fragrance' policy at the office, I've taken to applying scent BEFORE my shower in the morning. Usually the result is a pleasing skin scent for the rest of the day without alerting the scent police. While KL-men is overpowering Hollister shower-gel-like at full strength, it seems perfect to use AS a shower gel. Spray it on while you're still dry, then shower off the top notes. What you're left with is a pleasing skin scent (I ran it by a few women in the office who thought the haters here were off their rockers... but I didn't tell them my secret).

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

There are a few folks out there who feel that Coty's formulation of Lagerfeld Cologne is a travesty. If you want to smell a real travesty, try Karl Lagerfeld for Him.

I'll keep it brief: KLfH smells loud, poorly balanced, and very synthetic. The overall effect of the fragrance, a fruited suede atop fake "precious woods," is not a bad idea, but it's far from original, and if you want something at least somewhat wearable and of the same ilk, you might try Euphoria Men by CK, or maybe Guess Night. These are different, but share some qualities with KLfH. I don't even like them, but I like them far more than this stuff.

NickZee
NickZee

Absolute garbage.

Imagine the smell of a bin full of near-rotting Apple cores and then you chuck in all the fragrance strips you collected after a shopping trip so that the bin fills with cheap base notes from other frags.. That is what you get with this stench water.

word-doctor
word-doctor

Tried this at the counter today. I love fougere scents, but not this one. Green apple is too prominent in the opening, then the development is undistinguished and synthetic. I'm not a snob. Fumes don't have to "do" a lot for me to like wearing them. This is just meh. And there's something in the mid notes that was headache inducing for my wife. So... Do what you will, but I think you can do much better in this price range.

Scent: 3
Spillage: 6
Longevity: 5

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This fragrance is decidedly unpopular with the majority of reviewers on this site. I just purchased a bottle at a discounted price and I am very pleased with it. It is at once warm, fresh, sweet and elegant. It does not smell as if it had been hastily concocted. Maybe the reviewer Jay2010 is right.

henri345que
henri345que

Standard fougere, it has that smell that you can fit in any man, faceless smell that fulfills the duty of not letting the male gets stinky. Green apple aroma, sweet and slightly bitter, herbal lavender and violet smell, with a woody sandalwood base with some amber. I guess that the only intersting thing here for me is the violet, that here doesn't smell like the leaf but instead is the sweeter and flower violet aroma. From the rest, i pass.

CGV

So Iam back to this fragrance and there will be people who disagree but I have my angle and my opinion on this release: Is it generic? Maybe. Is it lacking creativity? Depends what you want from scent. Can it be compared with any former release of Lagerfeld? No and theres no need to do it. Lagerfeld adjusted HIM to today, thats all. The 70s, 80s and 90s are gone. Long gone. This is a true scent of today with all its facets. Its quick, easily likeable, well presented, showing the qualities that matter in todays society. Karl said: "its an offence not to smell nice today". Thats what this fragrance represents. Will it become a classic? Not sure but in 10 years time it will be a respresentative object of todays market. I like to wear it. I like mandarin, lavender. I dont expect this to become the Goethe or Shakespeare of today fragrance market, I just enjoy its aroma here, today. Full stop. Finally, lots of critics of Karl not caring about this release; do you honestly think that a head designer (Chanel, Fendi and Lagerfeld) spends more than 20 minutes of his personal time with a release like this? Check out BBCs documentary which shows the 2010 release of Hilfigers "Loud", thats a good expample of how the designer fragrance market works today. Old traditional french or italian fragrance families or also niche houses work differently for sure. But dont expect something from Karl which isnt realistic.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Was going to blind buy for a steal on eBay, glad I read the reviews here, Ill pass on this one. Any time I smell lavender with citrus, I automatically think of Cool Water which is not a favorite even when it was crazy popular. I wonder why top designers get so lazy when it comes to launching a new scent? Maybe they make a quick buck to put out something bland and commercial to appeal to the dept store masses...sad. This means you Ferragamo, Ungaro, Joop! Escada, Jil Sander and now Karl Lagerfeld.

Neo Ramaphoko
Neo Ramaphoko

unique , not bad but spicy , good to have for being at home

MikesPlaza
MikesPlaza

I find it similar to Bleu de Chanel, and i must say i prefer this. This one has a more fruity/fresh dry down whereas BdC is a bit warmer.

pontifex maximus
pontifex maximus

the smell of selling out...nothing here. a bland synthetic mess to my nose, ugh.

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

یعنی پولمو ریختم دورررررر

waste of money

lovetribe
lovetribe

is as adidas champions league.....see the notes....

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

Very disappointing fragrance from a guy with so much pretentions like Karl Lagerfeld. If you don't look at the bottle and somebody tell you that it's a 400 ml Lidl perfume for Eur 4,99 i will believe it.

bossontherun
bossontherun

Mainstream, mainstream and Super mainstream. No time and was put into this frag. I can imagine they spent max 1/2hour to compose this scent. PASS at all cost!

Please, starters outhere; spend some time research and you can dig out several Mainstream Kings with the same budget such as Fierce, Polo Blue, Boss #6, etc.

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

A generic, flowery, powdery scent, not unpleasant, but it’s not exactly going to wow anybody. It smells very similar to many of the other generic masculine scents available in large UK department stores. It’s not terrible; it’s just kind of blah. It has a tang to it, but in terms of originality it’s completely lacking. Silage is average and longevity was very poor. After two hours I could barely smell it on my skin at all. You can get a 100ml bottle for around £30 on ebay, but even for that very reasonable price this is still one to miss.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A depressing mainstream green-citrus-woody metallic scent, anonym, dull, easily mistakable with any masculine scent you can find at the mall. Poor longevity and ultra-poor quality.

crazyoney2k

ill be honest i thought it was generic but currently most fashion designers latest fragrances (except tom ford) are generic. but is it bad honestly no i really like it but it is similar to others. i would put it in my favorites of what has been released in the last year

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

A sweet, pleasant masculine scent. It just kind of smells generically "good." I wouldn't complain if I smelled it on my boyfriend, but it also isn't going to turn any heads. Just a basic generic lavender.

LSMUA
LSMUA

One big fat Meh. Sad really.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Karl Lagerfeld shame on you. Sweet plastic, with terrible longevity. Not worthy of the great man. Very disappointed.

O2
O2

رائحة تقليدية مستهلكة !

Nothing new !

alberto1964
alberto1964

Ordinary, sickly, just a simply cheap fougere. A complete disaster.

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

Received some free samples of this and I like it. Its nothing to write home about and it isn't a stunner. Its a nice clean scent. It will just give yo a little extra when you want to put out that fresh scrubbed vibe. The opening is similar to the aquatic blue scents but it fades into a sweeter soft vanilla. I think that makes it a little bit different from most aquatics. On the negative, I wouldn't be surprised to see this in the discount stores in a few years. If you collect scents, you probably have something that fills this role in your collection. If you don't have an every day safe for work scent then you might want to give it a try.

dmirror

Smelled this one today and I like it its not the greatest scent ever but its nice relaxing smooth clean scent definitely a spring summer or office scent it'll be a good casual scent jeans tee or polo its not a scent you'd confuse for a woman fragrance its not sweet

michael.j
michael.j

Garbage. Utterly common and forgettable. Will blend well with adolescent hormones, which is just as well since teens are most likely its intended market.

mashka
mashka

Plain, boring, nothing special...Very Disappointing!

Broadbent
Broadbent

Pathetic.
A waste of time and money.
Clearly Karl had NOTHING to do with this. It has no style whatsoever.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Soo generic and boring. This could be sprayed in Hollister and no one would know the difference.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Buy this when it hits bargain bins. Floaral/lavender combination with a slight citrus opening and a slightly creamy/woody drydown. Grab almost anything in the same category from a discount retailer (Perry Ellis, Ferragmo.....) and you pretty much have covered this scent at a fraction of the current costs. I wonder why these guys do this, at least act like you are going to swing for the fences, these guys are coming up to bat with no expectation to get a hit!

Longevity about average
Scent about average
Projection about average

Rating: Average maybe even slightly below due to it not being deeply discounted.

CGV

....and now the surprise: Iam digging this fragrance! For some reason its pleasing me to an extent, that Iam considering to get a bottle. There must be some addictive vibe going on, because despite my previous two reviews Iam starting to like this!

CGV

...so I made a second attempt at Karl's new release. The smell is nice. Karls says that not smelling nice these days is rude, so with "For Him" he covers that issue. But thats all Iam afraid. Just a scent to smell nice. This isnt about the craft of perfumery or the art to create something memorable which endures for ages (like many of his previous releases). It smells nice just like almost any other scent on the market these days. Probably a bit better. But they almost all smell nice. Of course there are different tastes but nowadays they make sure, that a new fragrance is safe enough to please as many people as possible. Same here. I was simply hoping for a more creative scent from König Karl. Unfortunately sillage and longevity could have saved this scent but both are just to weak...

Migalex
Migalex

Total lack of creativity. Typical plain aromatic fougere smelling like zillions of other fragrances. What is the point of making and marketing this? As much as I am very fond of the old original Karl Lagerfeld fragrances, this one does not appeal to me at all. Funnily enough, at least in the part of the world where I live, it seems to mark the come back of Karl Lagerfeld to perfume stores and street advertisement. That might say something about the whole business. Poor staying power and no silage.

kaysee
kaysee

Nice but as many have said before me, It's boring.

(Sorry uncle Karl)

I echo the comment below!
Another new fragrance that needn't of been released as it shows no creativity whatsoever.
Pure homogenization!
I'm a lover of violets and lavender generally but even I was bored to tears by this. It doesn't bring anything new to the accord.
I understand that it's about making money as much as anyone. I just wish these new designer fragrances would stop being so safe and deliver something that might be polarising and unpopular with some but could be a masterpiece to others...It's just like music... originally can still be achieved!

sebjar
sebjar

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

If I want to smell like Karl Lagerfeld For Him I'll use Azzaro Chrome and probably it will last longer!

Nothing original here as this scent has been done and redone a thousand times! :(

Jay2010
Jay2010

You people are pathetic, you go all day bashing new fragrance that isn't niche, if you want unique, different, weird smells, just stay away from designer, the common man just want things that smells pleasant, to him, and the chicks, get a life, all of you.

Dimitrios
Dimitrios

"the days of great designer frags is long gone "
people buy vintage .... before its gone forever from the face of the earth .

guerlainfreak
guerlainfreak

This is synthetic sandalwood at it best. Your first impression is "I have smelled this too many times to mention". There are no redeemable qualities about this fragrance at all. It smells cheap. Expected more from KL.

crazyoney2k

ive got this already to me it smells a lot like victoria secrets very sexy platinum for men, i really like it though.

cwerge
cwerge

Smells very similar to play boy manhattan. Actually manhattan is much better and cheaper. Anyways, both smell super synthetic and sweet which is not bad but is nothing new or a standout. Get an old school lagerfield if you want something with more personality than this!

nonsisa
nonsisa

The aquatic notes here remind me of Gentlemen Only by Givenchy.
Other than the notes listed I also get some kind of spices. Far from being headstrong and rather bold. I consider Lagerfeld to be a genius but this scent is more Lagerhaus.

Another shelf warmer.

CGV

I have to agree with SteelerOpera. Its a mishmash of mainstream scents which plays a disappearing act rather quickly on your skin and not so quickly on paper. I adore König Karl and his work but this is just not up to the very strong personality and image he is radiating. I will try to test again maybe my senses fail me...

SteelerOpera
SteelerOpera

Sadly I have tried this. It smells like a combination of many popular, safe designer fragrances released recently but with less projection and longevity. If this is what Lagerfeld made us wait for these last few years I am not impressed. And yes, I know it hasn't been released yet in the states, but the testers are out there and so is the product, it's just waiting for the OK to be put on the shelves.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

i know that this parfume will be in the shops from march,but my vote "LIKE" is REAL just because i had the chance to test it before 10 days.because i work in a shop and i must try everything that i'll offer to my clients in the near future.and this is really really nice!!!

kenney77
kenney77

Can't wait to try this I like all the notes in this fragrance I hope it comes out soon

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Karl Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Karl Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Karl Lagerfeld for Him by Karl Lagerfeld. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Karl Lagerfeld for Him by Karl Lagerfeld represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.