Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Lagerfeld Classic Karl Lagerfeld for men

Lagerfeld Classic Karl Lagerfeld for men
dislike

tobacco
Lagerfeld Classic Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Lagerfeld Classic Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Lagerfeld Classic Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures Lagerfeld Classic Karl Lagerfeld for men Pictures

In 1978 perfumer Ron Winnegrad created an oriental-woodsy fragrance for prestigious house Karl Lagerfeld, named Lagerfeld Classic. The fragrance opens with aldehydes, bergamot, nutmeg, sweet orange and estragon. The heart is composed of cedarwood, intense and sweet jasmine, iris, patchouli, rose, sandalwood and tobacco. The base reveals amber, musk, oak, Tonka beans and vanilla. It comes as 65ml (2.27 fl.oz.) and 125ml (4.37 fl.oz.) EDT. The bottle was designed by Karl Lagerfeld.

Aldehydes Green Notes Tarragon Clary Sage Bergamot Lemon

Sandalwood Patchouli Orris Root Jasmine Cedar Tobacco Rose

Amber Tonka Bean Musk Vanilla Oakmoss

Chambre Noire
Luxe Champaca Eau de Toilette

Lagerfeld Classic Fragrance Reviews

roll4fun
roll4fun

Welcome to the tobacco/amber show ! That is my impression of a 50 ml bottle that I bought at Bealls.

I initially did 2 sprays to inner elbow. Just to give you an idea how strong the projection is, I could smell it on myself 3 hours later doing grocery shopping. The very few fragrances that can do this on me do it only if I spray on neck or upper chest. Only Caron Yatagan matches this performance on my elbow. Heck, my skin eats up most fragrances within 3 hours.

As for longevity, Lagerfeld Classic lasted 8 hours on my skin. Chalk up 2 bonus points for buying "KLC".

As for the main scent, I'm not a very big tobacco fan. Compared to two D & G fragrances I've worn or tested, "KLC" has a deeper and richer tobacco flavor to it. While not sharp or pungent, this isn't as smooth as Tom Ford Men tobacco note. I bought this fragrance more as a change of pace than a go to fragrance. With Karl Lagerfeld Classic showing up at Marshalls, Bealls, and even Walmart, I'd say the avid tobacco note fans have a good choice to buy off the shelf at a resonable price.

RobbieX

To add...In my opinion I actually think the new blend is nicer - for me anyway. I found the older one more powdery - the newer one is more soapy and aldehydic. Lovely silage, a potent fragrance and to be honest, I haven't found anything else quite like it.

missan

@shayz, the newer formulations has the name Lagerfeld on the bottle in all capital letters.

shayz
shayz

Hello,
I have a bottle and I do not know if it's old or new formula
Can anything please tell me how to differentiate between the two
it's made in usa

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

I just wanted to say this smells like how southern comfort tastes. Both make me cry. Bye

Gorgon71
Gorgon71

Whilst at art college during the 1980s I used to wear Guerlain Mitsuko . Lagerfeld Classic Homme has the same dry down on me. Soft, warm and unisex. A snuggle in fragrance once it has mellowed on the skin. Its longevity is not a patch on Guerlain. But the price these days is super cheap.

seachase

The original formula = masterpiece.
The new formula = disgusting, cheap mess.

Seriously, they should give this horrid stuff an entirely new name, because it's not even remotely similar to the original, classic beauty.
It is now nothing but a linear, cheap quality amber that appears to have gone foul. The powdery and very light floral that made this cologne so unique no longer exists in the new formula.
A true classic ruined....what a shame.

Beatle
Beatle

I fell for this fragrance back in the early '80s by accident. I was suffering bad shaving rash and had the Lagerfeld Aftershave Balm recommended to me (I was 19 years ld). Girlfriend at the time purchased a 'set' consisting of balm, EDT and a moisturiser as a gift and I was hooked! Though it took years to use the EDT and moisturiser I used the balm daily for around 15 years until I could no longer source it.

I searched for another fragrance in vain and over the last ten years or so rarely wear anything. I simply can't find anything I like.

The Balm was produced in the same glass bottle as the EDT, not in a plastic tube as it is now. Completely different consistency, entirely different colour (it was an opaque reddish-apricot colour).

The scent of the balm was considerably different to the other products and would last for days, even though I used it sparingly.

If you attracted attention with the EDT, you certainly maintained it longer with the balm. Applied in the morning it was simply a matter of splashing the face with water before stepping out in the evening to regenerate the scent.

Even those familiar with scent of the EDT couldn't quite place it when I wore the balm. It was a case of "almost, but not quite"

So if we are to mourn the loss of the original, I am definitely heartbroken at the loss of the Balm....

I have only just discovered the 'new' balm in the plastic, so once it arrives in the post(to Australia, from Switzerland) I'll see if it is a valid imitation (I don't hold much hope).

If anyone can help me find stock of the original product (EDP, EDT or Balm) I'd appreciate being pointed to a supplier. happy to ship from Europe.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Yet another underrated (in my perception) scent from the '70s. The classic Lagerfeld opens as a sort of slightly aldehydated chypre with a classic structure (carnation, orris, oak moss, rose) supported by a whole and quite modern side of velvety, soft, mysterious and smoky side exuding (masculine) austerity and powdery exotism with tobacco, amber, powder, a musky base note and a sweetish sort of vanilla-candied-almond accord. A peculiar scent indeed, starting like a musky chypre then vanishing into a resinous-tobacco cloud, landing on a velvety Oriental carpet of ambers and powder, not far from scents like Fumerie Turque, although with a higher rate of classic notes like oak moss, and with denser and bolder resins and powder. I do not know the recent versions, but the vintage one (still easy to find especially in Germany) is surely remarkable.

tgnetz
tgnetz

I just ordered a bottle of this online. It was an already opened splash from Unilever. This was my first time buying a used bottle but I couldn't pass it up. When I first applied it my first impression was that of Jovan Musk. It immediately got me worried that I was ripped off but then I started to notice some slight differences in the dry down.

The simplest way I can put it is that it opens to a Jovan Musk and drys down to an Original Penguin with a little Pierre Cardin in there. I was hoping for something that projects a little more but overall this is a nice fragrance. Not quite as dated as its contemporaries.

leathermountain
leathermountain

Not-too-sweet uber-violet powder bomb, grounded in something subtly animal. No relation to the listed notes, but the most intriguing and wearable violet I've come across.

phillip.jones.71868
phillip.jones.71868

I have no idea where I got this from as it's been in my cabinets for years. It was probably given to me by my late mother-in-law. At the time I graciously accepted it but never wore it because my younger brother insisted on drowning himself in this when he was in junior high because the girls convinced him that the name was all class...it didn't hurt that at the time the cologne was very expensive and only available at fine department stores.

20+ years later, I got interested in classic double-edged razor shaving and as an extension aftershaves and colognes. I dug this bottle out of my cabinet and sprayed a little on my arm and immediately washed it off...horrible. My wife tried to convince me to throw it out, but, I decided not to.

A few days later I tried again...yes, it goes on with a horrible combination of green and citrus; however, that quickly dissipates into a cedar, sandalwood, tobacco with light floral scent of rose and jasmine. The drydown is the best part with amber, Tonka bean, oakmoss and musk that lasts pretty much all day.

The aroma is very masculine but not overpowering. I hate to say it but it is one of my favorites.

seachase

The term "timeless classic" is horribly over-used these days. Honestly, there are very few perfumes/colognes that deserve that praise. Lagerfeld Classic is one of the few. (the original formula, of course)

Part II:
The drydown is nothing like the opening. This becomes more remarkable as the sweetness burns off, leaving a myrrh sort of fragrance with a slight floral tinge; somewhat more serious and solid.

vonMises

I bought this mainly because I like the color orange and I like amber. I am trying it out for the first time. When it first goes on, it is overwhelming and even a little scary, as it forms a wall of musk, amber, and vanilla.

As it progresses, it becomes quite attractive. But there are no sharp edges here. It is a big round bomb of cozy sweetness. There must be cinnamon in this, in addition to the notes listed above.

I can see why some find it very attractive. I can also understand why so many people might find it distasteful. It is not particularly delicate. I think I will be keeping it.

هناك عطور تشبه رائحتها عطر لاغرفيلد كلاسيك ومنها :

عطر شمبـر نـوار من اولفاكتيف استديو
Chambre Noire - Olfactive Studio
وهو عطـر عديم الجنس ويتم شراءه مباشرة من موقع الشركة على الإنترنت .

عطر شاليمار من جيرلان الإصدار الأول

المعابة مؤخراً من بعض فروع متاجر قزاز في السعودية نتيجة لكثرة الشكاوي عليها وهي
تحمل رقم الدفعة التالي :

tomusiovy
tomusiovy

One fact I can agree with is enourmous longeveity of Classic. Once sprayed in the morning lasts till the evening easily. But the scent is just too heavy for my nose - too much tabacco/leather/musk at once and too less more contrasting notes like vanilla or bergamot. The name says for itself - very classic. Perfect fit for men like Lagerfeld himself - elderly guy with impeccable elegance. This fragrance is definitely not every-day use, only evening or special events. Suits the suit. ;)

6opar
6opar

This is a very loveable oriental which I've been wearing constantly for the past two weeks. A dominant heart of spices and florals, fronted by rose, musk and vanilla for me, is sweet and warm and brings allusions to Old Spice. An ambery woody dry-down moves the whole concept forward.
One of the better fragrances that are still being produced. ****(*)

X fragrant

If I ever get my hands on the vintage cologne...I will consider myself a lucky man in possession of a masculine gem of a scent.

Vanilla citrus sandalwood musk reminds golden sunsets, a man in his prime cruising in a convertible during the peak of summer.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

Despite having the same bottle as LAGERFELD PHOTO (which is one of my all-time favorites) this 'classic' one isn't even in the same ballpark.

Short answer is that I was dissapointed. It's different, I'll give it that, but it's too flowery for my tastes. Very, very feminine. I was after some balls.

Don't get me wrong. It's a nice and refined scent. Some may like it, but it's just not for me.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: good
LONGEVITY: great.
SCENT: sweet/floral.
BOTTLE: class.
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 4/10
---------------------------------------------

boruvka44
boruvka44

Recent EDT. I smell mainly 3 notes - vanilla, musk and tobacco. If there was only vanilla + tobacco, or musk + vanilla, i might handle it, but all three together are unpleasant, to my nose.
It´s sweet, musky, kind of sweaty and the tobacco note makes it smell like a public ashtray that have not been rinsed for years. Which associates me Miss Balmain A LOT. Bijan classic (for women) is similar to this too.
Sorry great Karl

Jason Bogie
Jason Bogie

Fans of the original will be pleased with the latest formulation by Unilever as its much better than the Coty effort. Much closer to the original.

LanceDior
LanceDior

Apparently MJ wore this in the Thriller era. That actually gives you some idea of what this is like. One of those timeless, manly frags like cool water, kouros, knize ten, Drakkar etc.

markino
markino

A voluptuous yet comforting warm scent, with ambery vanilla, leathery and powdery retro' notes. All you want to wear with cozy winter soft woolly scarfs and jumpers and keep smelly it gently even the day after. So chic!!!

crunker
crunker

Think of baby powder mixed with leather and vanilla. That's Lagerfeld. It's manly, bold, and rugged, yet just refined enough to be worn as a status symbol. Very luxurious, Lagerfeld is definitely a love/hate fragrance and appeals to an older crowd. The main note I get from it is powder, but its not powder as in a feminine sense. Rather, it's comparable to the talc that barbers put on the back of your neck after a haircut. It's musky and without a doubt very unique. There's a reason it's been around so long.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Powdery vanilla , the faintest amber, and the smallest hint of tobacco. Smells nice but not enough tobacco for me. A little disappointed.

CGV

PS: update on the "reformulated" Coty version: its indeed a bit different at the headnotes but it DOES NOT loose the overall aroma after the dry down which elavates this fragrance above many others from that area. Its less in your face but still lasts well enough through the day. I didnt find the quality of the juice to be lower than the releases before and Iam sure that Karl himself would not approve anything like this to happen to his premier and still best selling scent especially since the design of the bottle is his very own! So thumbs up for the latest version as well!!!

Jomoves

How sad that times change and our perceptions of this unique and warm fragrance now relegate it to the "old man" category.

I wore this in the 80s and loved it. The reformulated version is just terrible but if you can get a vintage bottle you will be rewarded with a masculine, powdery scent that takes me back to the days of baggy white shirts with the sleeves rolled up, double pleat front plants and frosted blonde tips. As silly as it sounds, this is a kind, considerate, gentle and understated fragrance.

Simply put, this is the fragrance of a gentleman (even if he does have frosted blonde tips).

CGV

Perfection in a bottle. It took me however 20 years to really grow up for it but by now at 41 it melts with my skin perfectly. If this fits you, then it does so by becoming increadibly smooth, comforting, self assuring, warm and long lasting. It took a while for me but now it does exatcly that. AND heres to everyone who is claiming this to be a dated scent: I have just used it this weekend and the two daugthers of my best friend gave me hugs and stated how very good i smelled. The girls are 11 and 14 and totally into the boyband stuff of these days, so I didnt expect THEM to give such a statement as this cologne is far from anything which is out there today. Sillage and longevity are perfect. Now regarding the old vs the new versions: I havent smelled them head to head but I owned the old one back in 1994 and also have the Classic one now. I cannot detect major differences and state again that this is a fragrance that needs to fit with your chemistry, otherwise there will be no harmony when using it. Its definitely not a scent which wins you over with its top notes. You have to give it at least 30 minutes for it to be able to explain itself. Then comes the wonder. Also, brilliant price vs quality relation for this one. To me this scent a true masterpiece because Winnegard managed to create an aroma which is unique and stands the test of time as proven above.

lollotyp
lollotyp

The vintage formula is another planet, 10/10.
The current formula is borigna and plastic-ous 3/10
Beautiful scent, non old, sweet and sensual.
I LUV IT ;)

ses101
ses101

I've tried to like this, but there are too many off putting notes. It reminds me of something my grandad used to wear - maybe it WAS this. The only reason I still keep my bottle is because of the bottle design - it looks fantastic in my room!

Scout
Scout

I am a woman, and I have been in love with this fragrance since it first came out. In a world of brass, chrome, leather, pungency, and abrasive shields, this one is warm, inviting, and tender -- yet ever so strong. There is a particular dimension to this that brings me to heaven instantly. I wish I could take only that note and wear it as a unisex frag. It is recognizable and unique. Only certain ones can wear this and it truly does align with the harmony of the universe. He who wears this is in harmony with the world around him, and this fragrance accentuates his ability to amplify all that is positive and good. He who wears this makes the people around him better. He builds up, never tearing down.

missan

You might get the impression that this was called Lagerfeld Classic, it wasn´t, it was called Lagerfeld Cologne and is quite different from the one selling now from Coty. While I find the Cologne a wonderful male grooming concept of niche quality, particularly the AS, I find the classic just awful and cheap.
A cologne that is very similar to Lagerfeld Cologne is one called Racine, it´s discontinued but it´s extremely nice.

So when it says I´m wearing Lagerfeld Classic I most certainly am not, I´m wearing the Cologne.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

A victim of the oak moss mess I guess.. Smells like a shadow of what it once was..
A pitty..
:-(

At least after reading the article about the regulations of the use of oak moss I now understand, why so many fragrances have been reformulated to the worse..

Ivy1
Ivy1

Granted, I'm new to exploring perfumes. However, one thing seems to remain the same--I do NOT enjoy mens cologne in gen. I never have. Theres something usually very sharp in them that makes me crinkle my nose.

Someone gave my husband some lagerfeld yrs back and I was smitten. Thank goodness he loved it too (who we kidding, he loves the constant female compliments lol)

If you read over these reviews you'll notice a theme with a lot of the women's comments> " makes me wanna bury my face in his neck" " its so soft and smoooth/after dry down" " I can pick this scent out from across the room" - like radar lol " It's comforting, masculine" "like a big bear hug" And my own> " makes me wanna purr and stretch like a kitten"

Love it or hate it.. To certain women it's friggin cat nip lol

I've been exploring niche and always keeping my eye out for a similar fragrance to lagerfelds essence. Female and male versions as well as any fragrances you think this would layer well with. Any suggestions would be much appreciate(smile).

My husband once asked a sales clerk for the female version or something similar and she sold him Sun, Moon and Stars..:: pause::..Not
I did see lagerfeld femm. I'm going to go read those reviews.. And I'll definitely have to revisit shalimar.

Peace,Love and Scent

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

this was my father's signature cologne, he always smelled wonderful.

hogan00
hogan00

My Grandad's signature scent. smells sweet and woodsy.
projects nicely on the skin.

Sometimes my brother and I would spray some on and start talking like our Grandad. :) too funny

Tontosgirluk
Tontosgirluk

Ah umm can I as a woman confess to wearing this? I bought it off eBay,didn't know it was for guys and I love it! I am fond of 80's power scents. This reminds me of the original Armani and Palma Picasso.

RobbieX

A smooth powerful "old school" scent. I actually like this better than the 80's juice which I found too powdery. It opens with aldehydes and spices and in the drydown orange and vanilla appear. Longevity is great and the silage excellent. The silage is particularly nice. The tobacco, I find, is quite muted (especially when compared to something like Remy Latour Cigar), but it is still noticeable. Lagerfeld Classic is a lovely masculine long lasting fragrance. It's a classic!

migueldematos
migueldematos

I never really tried the original formulation. Just received a bottle of the newest version from a swap. I'm confused about this fragrance and just can't tell if I like it or not. It has a very harsh and overwhelming opening, which I really dislike. However, an hour later it turns a lot better. But I feel this very intense and aggressive note, it's like rust and orange scented oven cleaner wipes. I don't know... Still puzzled. Just have to test the vintage formulation. It might be a very artificial tonka bean or the tarragon...

Sambolini
Sambolini

The original is the best damn male fragrance you will ever find. It's powdery but not like talc, it's sweet but not cloying and you'll be bombarded with more compliments than you have ever received (for anything) in your life. This fragrance is one-hundred and twenty percent nice. It hits that perfect middle-ground between the super-powered masculine scents of its era and the toned-down sweeter scents of today without losing any sillage or longevity. A god-damn masterpiece.

...wow!
Lagerfeld Classic has since my discovery of it a couple years ago been the one scent I felt I couldn't pull off because I wasn't confident enough (at the time, lol)

This is now, to me, extremely wearable - a nice soft citrus off the top, followed by balmy vanilla and sandalwood, ending off as a serene amber/vanilla blend.

...An immaculate powdered citrus/vanilla vibe on my skin for 7-10 hours.

Retro(70's). Aviators. Convertibles. Pacific Coast Life. Golden sunsets.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

SCRUBBER!

The opening was like taking a deep whiff into a chemical plant. Nasty. One reviewer called it "brusque," and brusque it is. Drydown reminds me of Van Cleef and Arpels Pour Homme (not good) or Salvador Dali Pour Homme (also not good) - not sure which.

Normally a "dated" scent doesn't faze me as long as it's a classic - but this is just dated, period. Awful.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

The Coty formula has often been lambasted as a pale shadow of the original, but I wouldn't know because I've never tried the original. This version opens with a brusque aldehydic orangey musk accord, tempered by green tobacco leaf and tarragon. The orange citrus note is very pithy and sour, and this quality seems to lead my nose to a waxy white floral note, perhaps jasmine or orange blossom, but frankly it's hard to tell. My feeling is that this floral element is why a lot of guys smell similarities to Jovan Musk for Men in Classic's intro. I don't smell that similarity myself, but I guess I can see how the comparison is made.

Eventually the tobacco and opopanax coalesce to form a soft amber in the heart, with sandalwood, patchouli, and tonka bean fleshing it out. These notes are thin and precariously balanced, but together they form a pleasant, slightly-powdery drydown. It doesn't take very long for a sheer vanilla to form beneath everything. I really like how tobacco is used in this fragrance, and I also enjoy the pervasive orange citrus aspect of it. There's also a pleasant rendering of opopanax, which smells fairly natural. There's plenty of strength, considerable sillage, and decent projection here. Lagerfeld Classic was very recently acquired by Inter-Parfums, and has a twenty-year lease on life. Hopefully they preserve the beauty of this wonderful oriental for future generations to enjoy.

persefoni
persefoni

I've been wearing it on and off for the last 20something years, still from the original cologne bottle (not spray!), and i must admit that this is perhaps the coziest,cuddliest (masculine??) smell EVER!!

It's flawless, in my opinion, and a serious indicator of a tender partner !! BUT, the way it CANNOT be found on the shelves, limits the chances of finding such a partner, not to mention the fact that many men don't even like it ;)Well, for all that matters, we do, Gents!!....

Now, about the strict masculinity of it... emmm....

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

I did not own a lot of men's fragrances but this is one of an all-time-classic (like Fahrenheit). Great scent!

89ers
89ers

This is my dad's favorite cologne and his signature. I always make sure to buy it for him as a gift since it's not common in stores anymore and he always goes, "Wow! I thought they stopped making this anymore, Thanks!" I wasn't aware of its popularity in the 80s, but that was also before my time.

I always remember the clean, woodsy tobacco scent at the top. This is an incredibly bold and masculine cologne, one that is mature and lasts a long time. I can't tell the difference between the current version and the original, and neither does my dad. I'd defer to the more experienced comments on that.

I like Lagerfeld, but I feel like it's a cologne that is too mature for me. I usually wear D&G's The One, which is a mature scent in my opinion and bought it when I was 19, but Lagerfeld is different. I can pull off The One with my style and maturity for my age, but Lagerfeld is the kind of cologne a broad chested man whos seen a lot wears.

I used my dad's aftershave once when I cut myself rather badly, and the scent on me felt like I was an 8 year old boy playing with my dad's blazer and ties pretending to be a grown up. Maybe in 10 years or so I will be able to wear such a classic cologne.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Classic powerhouse scent. Has some powdery thing going on as well. Something in it sets it apart somewhat from most other 70's/80's scents. Not awful, not fantastic. Just ok.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I have a lot of positive memories about this fragrance - also particularly the bottle - there's something about the bottle design that was extremely elegant and practical. It's more understated than it might seem. In any event, this was a reliably warm and gently spicy scent that really perked up the usual scents available at the time. As a kid in the '80's, this indeed seemed pretty sophisticated and I really liked it for that. It was grown up and manly, but not so pretentious as Ralph Laren's Polo. Here, the element of tobacco is richer, more elegant, like a well-aged cognac or a high quality cigar.

I think the traditional blend of Lagerfeld would smell like a niche offering these days, particularly with its rich assemblage of notes. I have not smelled a modern bottle of this, so I'm not able to compare, but you can be rest assured that a bottle from the '80's or early '90's is going to smell very top drawer.

nodice
nodice

This is a classic! Retro to the max, Love it! Longevity is fantastic

Gioff
Gioff

This is my first post and I know nothing about perfumes, truth be told. But I used to wear this in my late teens. I loved it. As someone said, it was baby powder-ish. With that in mind I searched out an original sniff and have to say I was dismally disappointed. All I smelt was an Asian brothel (not that I have ever been to one!). Very close and cloying. Maybe they go off over time?? Sadly, disappointing. But I shall investigate the 'Classic' and see what it does.

calyx93
calyx93

Everyone seems right about the new one labeled "Classic" being chemically and dull. I never owned the original when it was available in the 70's-80's since I was more into things like sandalwood oil and Benetton Colors (teenage years) and Lagerfeld seemed aimed at a more mature man.

Now that I've developed loves for a multitude of scents, I decided to revisit both the original and a huge bottle of the newer (cheap from TJ Maxx).

Gosh - it really is night and day - honestly. The new one is just obviously synthetic to a fault. The opening seems somewhat promising, but the synthetic nature is right up front - and the drydown just falls apart too. The coloring is weird as well - it's a food-coloring, peachy orange, more Kool-Aid than the reddish brown of the vintage cologne.

The original is smooth, rich, smells like the color of the juice - love the tobacco and opoponax. It certainly reminds of Shalimar with all the musk and powder in the drydown. Amazing - just sorry I didn't discover it before.

Celticprincess
Celticprincess

This was my dad's perfume when I was growing up. The smell of cleanliness and powder is what a man's perfume should be. Masculine but not overwhelming, an absolute classic.

As a friend says: "Powder to the People" or, if you prefer "Powder where you need it".

A no-nonsense, classic, powerful and extremely full-bodied woody oriental with boozy-powdery-ambery facets. Lagerfeld classic unleashes a thick, balmy smother that will appeal to almost every perfumisto looking for an old-school masculine and who isn't afraid of being noticed. It has the typical retrò musky-costus-mossy vibe also found in fragrances such as Kouros. Don't get me wrong, Lagerfeld Classic is NOT similar to the YSL but they definitely share the same muskiness. A certain "wet-hair" vibe which is typical of many masculine fragrances of the past. The right amount of sweetness provides a perfect balance to an otherwise challenging composition.

If you like clean and subtle modern scents, stay well away from this one but if you're up for an extra kick and you're fine with butch, old-fashioned beauties, you defnitely have to check this out. Be careful with dosage, this stuff is insanely powerful.

*this review is for the vintage formulation*

vincentk18
vincentk18

Gentleman, I give you the King of the Old School.

Lagerfeld's Lagerfeld Classic is mainly for 2 events.

Dates, and strangely, family get-togethers over the holidays.

For dates, the reason is obvious. This fragrance screams sensuality and masculinity.

For holiday occasions, this fragrance is strong enough to be smelled over the bouquet of cooking food aromas, but gourmand enough to not clash with them.

Of course you can wear it any time you like, it just really shines on those 2 occasions.

Smells like a million bucks.

619haifisch
619haifisch

stinks. not for me, maybe for someone in their 50's .. end of the day it honks. Not a 'nice' scent on the nose, harsh.
Not a crowd pleaser, but for the right person it might work.
don't do what I did and blind buy it . One of the worst blind buys ever . And that's telling it straight.
Save your money

teesa2you
teesa2you

Sex in a bottle. I can pick out the one person wearing this in a room full of men. Loved it in the 80's, love it now!

rsthlm
rsthlm

This Edt always attract people on me... People recognize the smell but can never put a finger what fragrance it is.

I really do like the smell....

It has a very long-lasting effect and is also a perfect match to blend with another Edt...

This old Edt is still awesome and ranks to be one of my favorites

missan

Finisterle@ do You mean the new formulation or the old?

Finisterle
Finisterle

The aftershave is to die for

The breezy, romantic and golden 70s sunset that brings a clarity of meaning to this fragrance.

The aftershave = ABBA, the edt = decent but not ABBA. Edts and edps are not neccessarily better as a final product because they are more concentrated and therefore more expensive. Lagerfeld classic is a shining example of just that.

Buy the new aftershave. I promise you - you will thank me - especially since it's cheap.

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

A difficult perfume.
I had it once in the 80s but never returned to it.
I liked it sometimes.
And sometimes not.
Maybe it reminded me of a barber shop...

Sighclone
Sighclone

When a car I enjoy driving changes its design from year to year, I not only accept that - I embrace it. When a fragrance I love changes even once, the result is invariably dissapointing and disheartening.

Such is the case with this Lagerfeld reformulation.

As it stands alone, it isn't a bad frag at all. In fact if you wait for the drydown to finish its metamorphasis, you can smell perhaps 85% of what the original was trying to do. But having owned the original, my nose cries out for the missing 15%. I get way less tobacco, tonka bean and vanilla in the reformulation. Furthermore, to the extent patchouli is there at all, it serves as an anchoring binder to the other notes, can't smell it at all.

The opening is even less like the original. Very synthetic, and lacks the original's warmth and sophistication. I bought the original in Bloomingdales within seconds of smelling the opening. Didn't need to wait any longer, I knew this could only get better, and it was already great from the getgo.

I recall wearing the original to a party and an impeccably dressed Swedish fellow who I didn't know comes up to me and asks: "Das is Lagerfeld?". "It sure is", I replied, "how did you know?". "I hev it too, end may I say you hev great taste!"

The above incident marked the first complement I received from wearing this, and took place perhaps a week after its purchase. Many more would ensue over the years, mostly from females, but the Swede remains most memorable among the Lagerfeld enthusiasts.

I can't see this new version garnering anywhere near the same number of compliments and queries, but I will still wear it from time to time in cooler weather, as my original bottle is empty.

Final thought: If you never owned or smelled the original, this one won't dissapoint you in the same way it did me.

orestes
orestes

Unfortunately refolmulated.....

Jomoves

I've always imagined that this is what Robert Redford would have smelled like when he starred in The Great Gatsby.

RobbieX

I love this juice. Opens with aldehydes which I love and it is very potent. Actually, it opens like Jovan Musk for Men in my opinion. It's less powdery and more soapy than 80's Lagerfeld, very pleasant. Staying power is great and projection is really fantastic. The drydown is still a little powdery with some orange and tarragon and, is quite a feminine smell, in my opinion. But it's a very nice vanilla/floral/soapy fragrance. This Lagerfeld is old school but is something special.

vmatt123
vmatt123

As much as I hated my old man I still loved him. One thing I noticed was whenever he wore this scent I could feel its power. very masculine, clean, handsome not sexy with old-school class. I was digging through his old boxes and found half of an original 8 Oz. bottle. I get a lot of women in their mid 30's telling me how they remember the smell from their childhood. It is a hands down head turner. I must say it takes the right kind of guy to handle this scent and be taken seriously. Im talking broad shoulders and chest hair (so says my GF) not for teens that act their age.
very warm on contact. dries very clean and smooth. never burns but it intrigues the senses to try and grasp its undertones. VERY strong projection. DO NOT go overboard on this one. Lasts me a whole 8 hour workday and then-some.
Good scent for sophisticated encounters. Not playful but charming and commanding.
1-10
Scent: 8
Projection: 10
Wearability: 7
Duration:10

rabidrabbit
rabidrabbit

Old spice and baby powder.

Lou E Lov
Lou E Lov

I love this stuff. One of my favorite!!!!!

Lina Crystal
Lina Crystal

I've had this cologne for years now. I know it's for men, blah, blah, blah but I really love it. It has a woody, vanilla and masculine scent. The bottle is very simple. 9/10

oilman
oilman

love this stuff..old skool..

Migalex
Migalex

I think reformulations should be approached with care and an open mind. Obviously if one sees their favourite scent be replaced by a totally different scent one could not feel but disappointment. Some reformulations, from my viewpoint, do happen to improve what from the start were already very good scents. I do not think that is the case of Lagerfeld, but I do not think either that they ruined the scent. They actually corrected what I think was the main criticism this scent used to get, to be too old ladyish. And although I do tend to prefer female perfumes by far, I think the original Lagerfeld, which I used to wear and still own a bottle of, was oldladyish in a way I cannot even think of any female perfume I know. I do not actually think any female perfume I know is too oldladyish or even oldladyish. And that character did disappear in the reformulation. Actually, it got replaced by a slightly overwhelming scent of tobacco there was no hint of in the original. Must be a particular concept of masculinity (applied in several other male scents), these days of so widepread health awareness very outdated. As a non smoker, I do not see any appeal in the scent of tobacco so many smokers struggle hard to keep rid of. But that is probably the only negative point I see in the reformulation. It is quite different from the original. As time goes by, it does get a bit closer to the old scent, although never being quite similar - actually, keeping very distinct. Smelled from a distance, it is more similar though than directly off the skin. The opening of the reformulation smells very lemony and orangeish, and as the time goes by, vanilla sweet slightly powdery patchouly gradually takes the lead. The original has a totally different opening, with no discontinuity with the heart and drydown. It was vey much a sweet patchouly rosey extremely iris powdery scent, sweeter, more floral and much more powdery than the current reformulation. I quite like the original, find it a very pleasant scent and mostly very different from the prejudicial stereotypes of masculine scents. I do not like the reformulation that much, although I do not think it is bad. And staying power is really great. Anyway, if you want a fragrance which does smell very but very much, almost the same as the original Lagerfeld, go for Van Cleef and Arpels pour homme. They are almost identical.

dromidreza
dromidreza

بوی شراب غلیظ میداد .یادش بخیر.نمیدونم با این حجم بو چطور کنار میومدم.هرچی بود گذشت.دوست ندارم دوباره اونو داشته باشم

karthiktas
karthiktas

This one is Definitely for 80"s Lovers. its very much Powdery & Its Old Man scent, Strictly for Oldies around 50+. The projection very good for 3 hours. It begins strong then dry to mild. Longevity up to 5 hrs, then gets close to skin. Its better to spray on cloths. Nothing special Its OLS MAN SCENT. 6/10

starshadow
starshadow

When I was in middleschool, my mother gave me a bottle of LAGERFELD for Christmas. And though I loved her very much and appreciated the gift, I was too young to properly value the scent for what it was - a highly creative harmony of warmth, softess and maleness that would never be duplicated (it only smelled offensively weird and potent to me at the time). Anyway, years later at 20, I began wearing it because I missed Mom's daily presence in my life and even though I assumed I was way-out of style for doing so. Only I didn't know there were already young women my age who recognized and loved the fragrance, or that it's strange smell would fast grow on me once I used it with an open mind. What an awakening to see what good taste my mother had shown in making the selection for me 7 or 8 years earlier (not that this should have surprised me)!

Now, I am 44 and keep it in my arsenal for more reasons than one. But I have to say that, even if it hadn't initially been a gift from my mother 32 years ago, I would still relish it purely for how lovesome it makes me smell for hours at a time. It's perfect for my chemistry, the longer it's laying on my skin the greater its appeal becomes. I shouldn't even be ALLOWED to smell so nice.

Aside from that, this CLASSIC version rox and I see no difference at all between it and the original. If the two are not exactly the same - and I believe they are - then they are, in my estimation, entirely too close to distinguish from one another. Could it be some people are purchasing stale product and wrongly deducing that there has been a formula adjustment? I'm afraid so, for LAGERFELD Classic is exactly what it claims to be. And actually, a lot MORE. The fragrance will never cease to be relevant, it is immortal in its gentle, handsome disposition.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

This is the essence of a bathroom build in the 70's with brown tiles and lavender soap at the sink.
Not modern in any direction, but it has it's own charm, and I am very glad that this fragrance exists.

krmarich
krmarich

I had to persue an original splash bottle from Lagerfeld Perfumes and not Coty. The difference between the two is somewhat vast. The later is a pale chemical laden shadow of the original. The original is a shocker in every sense. The resemblance to Shalimar is uncanny. Considering Karl Lagerfeld himself used Shalimar, it was no surprise that the notes are so close. Add tobacco flower and oakmoss and you have unisex masterpiece

The iris/vanilla get powdery and old school-say 1790s powdered wig...Its contemporay character is barbershop clean. I dont find it overly sexy or sweet. Its is my "go to" comfort scent in winter months.

I originally had a bottle in 1986 and thought of like candy. My collection only included YSL Kouros and Paco Pabanne PH and a few others. This was the avant gard formula that encouraged me to declare an art major. Its was a very "New Age" choice.

If you were a fan and want to hunt some down, make sure to look for the old packaging with the longer letters. It is just Lagerfeld and not classic. Its out there and getting harder to find.

blueberry
blueberry

Lagerfeld Classic is a wild, wild beast! It is evolving all the time, nothing linear about this EDT - it is powerful and longlasting - a real fragrance, not like many wishy-washy modern colognes!
The opening is a bit controversial - I blame aldehydes for creating a bizzare animalistic aroma whose nature I am not certain I really want to know! Fortunately, it passes quickly and then the lovely combo of powdery vanilla and coarse tobacco dominate this oriental woody scent. It is sweetish, rough, bold, charismatic and... oh!... so naughty! In the drydown I get a rubbery feeling resembling Rochas Femme resinous ambiance at least to a certain degree, which is a great thing for me as I have been looking for it for a long time.

Can a woman use it? Absolutely! It is a very classic, old-school, strong oriental woody perfume for the tobacco lovers - a true unisex in my view, but not a very easy one to wear, you simply gotta love that kind of stuff, it may turn a bit vulgar at times, but in moderate amount it will surely reveal its depth and beauty.

It is not a casual daytime fragrance and will work better in autumn/winter time.

In the age of contemporary flat and overly smoothened fragrances, I am really nostalgic about the 70s/80s complex concoctions, so Lagerfeld Classic is right up my alley! I think I finally got my right deserts, without spending a lot of money.

cinsot
cinsot

Heaven help my heart and any unsuspecting fellow adorned in Lagerfeld Classic...

RUN!

Seriously, Karl's infamous creation dating back to my final year of primary school (still) smells insanely becoming.

This is the alluring aroma of my first form mathematics teacher. My first MAN crush.

Tempting tarragon, tenacious tobacco and tough tonka superbly blended with rose, amber and sexy sandalwood.

A temperamental and turbulent brew. Pure wizardry.

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

"Diamond life, lover boy.
He moves in space with minimum waste and maximum joy.
City lights and business nights...
When you require street-car desire for higher heights.

No place for beginners or sensitive hearts
When sentiment is left to chance.
No place to be ending but somewhere to start.

No need to ask....
He's a smooth operator...."

Smooth Operator, Sade

This is bathroom sex...creamy, spicy, hot, kinky, and deliciously uncomfortable. The grenade "safety pin" cap says it all: Open this, and let the good times roll. Oh man. What can I say? The man wearing this knows he's trouble, his mating ritual not unlike the one Bonobos happen to practice..the eternal bachelor.

This is a smoky blend of cedar (kinda like cherry wood), citrus, some powder, tobacco smoke, followed by sweet amber nectar and jasmine. Gradually the slight "soft green" of the rose snakes through. Ashes fall of the tip of the tobacco, and from the smoke emitted once those ashes fall, the creamy sweetness of the patchouli and vanilla is born.

I discovered this by chance when my mom and I were looking for a perfume for my stepfather. He told us this was his favorite fragrance in his youth. He was in his early 20s when this came out and he said this was "it" then. Not for him, both my mom and I decided. Just too sexy. Deadly sexy.

The guy who wears this perfume is (in my head) in good shape, looks good, and "well juiced" (if you catch my meaning)a charmer and a big flirt. He knows how to have a good time. This is great for a man in his "prime", about 30-early 40s honestly. This fragrance in general is a ton of fun and one of my favorites for men.

Can a woman wear this? Maybe but it might come up as soapy on her. She might not have the right essence to give it the raw smoky factor a man's natural essence adds to this. I've tried it, I know. It can come up as cheap and smoky on a woman so this is definitely not for women.

I recommend this to any man though that doesn't want an aquatic or too "clean" a fragrance. This smells clean and assertive, with just the right amount of sexy. A good light "Oriental" I think too.

jtis30
jtis30

This cologne used to smell great with heavy comforting sweet sandalwood. Now, it shouldn't even share the same name! Shame,shame. I don't know when they changed the formula... anyone? What 15 years will do!

dmdipentino@verizon.net
dmdipentino@verizon.net

Yes, def. powdery, almost sweet at first, nice dry-down.
I used to love this, back in the day.
I would catch girls all over wearing this themselves.
It would stay on you and your clothes for a long time.
a classic.

shamus1
shamus1

I don't find Lagerfeld to be super sweet or feminine smelling like many people claim. I think it's a very masculine smell - an acquired taste, absolutely, due to its powdery, old school style, but not at all feminine smelling.

Lagerfeld is really spicy, first and foremost. Yes, it's also very powdery, but underneath all that powder is a dark, intensely spicy fragrance, in the nature of stuff like Opium, JHL or Catalyst For Men. The powderiness doesn't last more than an hour or two, but the intense aromatics like cinnamon, sandalwood, patchouli, orris and oakmoss last for hours, well into the drydown. The amber and vanilla don't overpower Lagerfeld's spicy nature either, but rather simply warm up the scent.

I can only speak for the current version of Lagerfeld, and I must say that you need to go lightly on the trigger with this. It's an elegant, manly fragrance, but it's also very strong. Put on too much, and you'll smell crass and obnoxious, all day.

Fans of classic orientals like Jaipur Homme, Habit Rouge, Zizanie, or Royal Copenhagen are sure to enjoy Lagerfeld.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

missan

As Bigsly points out, there is original Cologne and there is the newer Classic. They are quite different. I don´t care for the newest one, made by Coty, at all. The original is a very good comforting scent, to me.
Classic has capital letters on the bottle.

This one accomplishes something few others have, in my experience; it is thick/dense, yet not heavy, with strong spice, powdery iris/orris, tobacco, and perhaps most importantly, a healthy dose of opoponax. It is just sweet enough to keep it enticing, but definitely not cloying. It's got great balance and dynamism, and is totally natural smelling. This review is for the original, which is Lagerfeld Cologne. I've also sampled the new version, called Classic Lagerfeld, and didn't like it at all (I doubt if it has any opoponax in it), so don't blame me if you get the wrong one! The original has the word Lagerfeld on front of the bottle in a rather fancy font, whereas Classic Lagerfeld has a plain font and the word Classic on the front off the bottle. The bottle pictured above is the new version, which I'm guessing was reformulated for the "drug store" market. I consider that one unwearably awful and won't dignify it with a review. Longevity is great and projection/"sillage" are just right for me, with one or two sprays to the chest. If you just see the box, and it says Classic on it, I suggest avoiding it, no matter what the price! One of the all time greats, and better than just about any niche fragrance, IMO.

UPDATE: I found my bottle of Classic and did a dab sampling to see what I think of it now, months later. This impresses me now as a good dollar store version of the original. There may be a hint of the original's opopanax but nothing more. I also don't get tobacco here. If you smell it up close you can smell that there are lower quality ingredients. There's also an animalic quality that doesn't work in this version, probably because it's not balanced out with other notes that were removed (this is simpler than the original, with noticeably less florals). Not bad at all if you got it at the dollar store but no reason to buy it if you can still get the original at non-outrageous prices, which is the case the last time I looked. Longevity may be okay but it's not long before you get a mild musk scent, with some powdery, sweet, animalic, etc. qualities. Something for the aficionado, that is, if he has a bad case of insomnia!

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

Interesting note from Ilovekyle. I have read somewhere (probably here) that Karl himselfe is a "heavy user of Shalimare".

ilovekylie
ilovekylie

it like shalimar for men :-) the same smell i love it :-)

MRare
MRare

Classic scent, but maybe in the wrong way. It is definitely powdery, so if that's not your thing stay away.

My dad wore this for years, so to me it just brings back memories. As far as wearing it, I've only worn it twice. The second time I did, one of my close girlfriends asked me if I had been to a senior center... Yea, no joke.

Definitely smell before you buy...

K LUE
K LUE

It is baby powder in a bottle. Not joking if you don't believe me try it yourself and then buy some baby powder and see if there is any dif.

apadro
apadro

I've been using this cologne since it came out (1978). I love this cologne and always get good complements about it. I hope this cologne continues on the market.

deadenglish
deadenglish

I got a 2 ounce bottle at walmart for 8 dollars on clearance. I get vanilla, tobacco, and some woods and citrus in the background. this is great if youre looking for a mature scent, and it last for several hours. Ive gotten mixed reviews from people on it so I would recommend smelling before you buy. personally, I think for the price, its a good smelling classic cologne with good lasting power.

ReinaT
ReinaT

OMG! I looooove it when a man wears this classic! It is warm and senuous, simply gorgeous. Not too spicy or "scratchy" like some men's fragrances. This is one of my favorites to cuddly up to my man's neck and enjoy. I love it!

jagermeister
jagermeister

I wear this scent a lot as I have found it appeals to a large segment of women. It definately suits older men such as myself.

mehrdad

جذاب
گرم و تاثیر گذار
برای مردان بزرگ
با قلبهای بزرگشان
شخص بسیار مهم و بزرگی(حاج علی آقا تابنده) را میشناختم که از این عطر استفاده میکرد و وقتی در جمع دوستان حاضر میشد بوی خوش آن تا صدها متر آنطرف تر پراکنده میگشت و گویی برای این بزرگ مرد ساخته شده بود
هنوز هم دوستان به یاد آن عزیز از دست رفته این ادکلن را دوست داشته و استفاده میکنند و تا بوی آن به مشامشان میرسد یاد ایشان میافتند.
گالری عطر مهرداد
facebook: گالری عطر مهرداد
instagram: mehrdad_gallery
line: mehrdadgallery
Kik: mehrdad_gallery
E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com

missan

I love this, it´s very comfortable and pleasant. Lovely flowers and herbs. Lasts a long time with pleasant wafts.

originaldeftom

My first fragrance bought from my pocket money.
Totally loved it and I was sooo proud wearing it. It coincided with my coming out as a gay man.
Rather powdery and a lighter version of the KL successor. Also simpler in its construction than the KL one.
A nice, warm, winter CLASSIC!

Given the time of its release and the design of the bottle, I am sure it was a favourite of the Studio 54 party people!

Total 1970ies CHIC!

FREAK OUT!

RobbieX

Haven't tried this in years but I remember it was too much like talcum powder - vanilla powdery and I didn't like it. Would like to try this again though. My tastes may have changed (Update....see above......)

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

Back when I was in college in the late 80's, someone in the men's dorm had a bottle of this. The entire dorm disliked it intensely, and used it in practical jokes. The bucket of water propped on a door had some Lagerfeld splashed in it. The water balloons were laced with Lagerfeld. The feet of the short-sheeted smelled like Lagerfeld. My memory of this will always be intertwined with various unsavory other smells, curses and laughter.

I don't know what this says about the scent, but I thought someone might enjoy the story.

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

this scent may have been the basis for calvin klein's obsession.
that's what i thought immediately upon smelling "this is like if obsession was good"...

the scent pyramids are similar and i hadn't realized how popular this one was in its heyday.

i'm really enjoying it and think a dated gentleman's throwback may be the perfect scent for this middle aged woman.

bronstein
bronstein

I agree with the comment below according to which this one is horribly dated. I only wish to add that it already was horribly dated back in the 1990s, but somehow managed to linger around.

One must admit that it is highly recognisable, but that doesn't mean it's individual. In fact, I never met a 3D person wearing this one.

Fred Maple-Hill
Fred Maple-Hill

Smells like old hair tonic- in a good sense.

instantjim
instantjim

I asked to smell this at a chemist. The two young ladies (probably barely out of their teens) assisting me commented on how much they liked it after they had put two spritzes on my arm. When I arrived home my wife gave me similar feedback. From that point my mind was set to buy it.

So what is this fragrance like? To me the start is sweet and insensy, not unlike Fendi Uomo or Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men. It is, however, much softer than either of the previously mentioned fragrances. The patchouli in Lagerfeld Classic is not as strong as in the other two and as it dries down it is clearly more floral.

I am surprised to see that this comes from 1978 and the other two come from the 1980's: It is almost like Lagerfeld should have evolved as a softer version of the overtly masculine and almost overpowering scents of the 1980's.

Instead of sharpness and patchouli, Lagerfeld classic has sweetness, patchouli and floral notes, but this does not make it feminine, in my opinion. It stays relatively close to the skin after its dry down.

Lagerfeld Classic is a worthy addition to my wardrobe, and as a man in my early 40's it is totally appropriate for someone of my age.

varondandy
varondandy

The opening is frightening at first,but as it dries down, wow papo! people always have something nice to say. Best worn in fall.Buenas noches/Goodnight.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

I bought this at the airport in Stockholm without even know how it smelled. I wore it, appreciate it, found it not common, a warm perfume with an edible effect, classy with an oriental edge. People were telling me i smelled beautifuly. Years after i learned it was a masculine scent. Not regret it, a sweet kinda airy scent on an oriental base.10/10/09

gothic artist
gothic artist

My husband wears this--I love it. It smells masculine in my opinion. However;what smells good to one person may be offensive to another. If you prefer a softer more sensual smell this is great.

andy
andy

great smell and extremely sexy because its one of the few OLD scents that actually still smell good and unique

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This fragrance set a lovely and bold precedent when it was introduced; a man's scent that is "soft" and alluring, yet appealingly masculine. Refinement and high quality never go out of style. As is the case for so many popular colognes of the seventies, its popularity worked against it; its familiarity and ubiquity made it passé to so many. It really is a gorgeously fragrant bouquet of wonderful notes.

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

I loved it then, but I'd rather be scent-free than be caught dead in it now. So strong and overbearing, just like the time it was meant for!

Malegria
Malegria

I like it, it`s warm and trustworthy...For a sweet, loving, kind man! It does not have vivacity of the newer perfumes, but it`s very comforting, like a handshake or a big bear hug. I dislike KL, and I avoid smelling his creations, but could not pass this one by.

originaldeftom

Paradoxically to what people think: "this is an outdated perfume and suits my father best", this was my first ever fragrance that I bought myself, lol. I was only a late teenager then, hahahaha...but perhaps this is the very point I was trying to go bolder than "Old Spice" lol
Reminds me of vanilla, old leathers and woods, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, peppers, and so on....all of that soaked in maple syrup with a dash of lemon...accurate?

azuriiita
azuriiita

One of the most sweets and velvety fragrance for men that i've ever smelled... very, very, very long lasting and distinctive... but nothing special for my taste.
One point to favor of this fragrance: my memories when i was a child :) For me, its an early reference about how is the smell of men perfumes...

LuvWarrior
LuvWarrior

I agree with rebella, definitely dated. Distinct tobacco scent, very masculine and lasts hours. Used to be my favorite back in the early '80s, but haven't worn Lagerfeld since the early '90s.

rebella
rebella

My husband had this when it was quite new and popular. I like´d it then and I think it was a very comforting, soft and masculine. Unfortunatly I think it´s a bit outdated now, and a fragrance that suites older gentlemen best... maybe my father. :)

Lagerfeld Classic by Karl Lagerfeld 3.74 out of 5 based on 375 ratings and 113 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Classic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Karl Lagerfeld Lagerfeld Classic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lagerfeld Classic by Karl Lagerfeld. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lagerfeld Classic by Karl Lagerfeld represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.