Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women

Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women
dislike

Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women Videos
Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women Pictures Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women Pictures Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women Pictures Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women Pictures Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women Pictures Sun Moon Stars Karl Lagerfeld for women Pictures

This seductive, feminine perfume has been at the market since 1994 and it belongs to floral-oriental group.

It was designed by Sophia Grojsman and dedicated to a modern and independent woman. The bottle is beautiful, made of midnight-blue glass with symbols of sun, moon and stars, with a round, gold top.

The fragrance accompanies the bottle’s design perfectly; it is long lasting and intoxicating.

It opens with fruity-floral notes of freesia, bergamot, pineapple, orange blossom, lotus, rice and juicy peach. The heart of this exotic fragrance is created of heliotrope, intensive jasmine, orange blossom, daffodil, carnation, lily of the valley, seductive orchid and iris. The base carries sandalwood, cedar, amber, musk and vanilla.

Pineapple Freesia Peach Water Lily Bergamot Rose

Carnation Orange Blossom Orchid Orris Root Jasmine Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Narcissus

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Cedar

Eternity
Kashaya
Sotto Voce
Blu

Sun Moon Stars Fragrance Reviews

FireDragon76
FireDragon76

My mother in-law has this fragrance from years ago. She needs very little of it and she doesn't regularly use fragrance. Our skin chemistries suit similar types of fragrances but if there's a "younger" version of her favorites, I usually go for that, not because I'm afraid of smelling like a little old lady because they often smell much better to me than most younger women; mom's age-younger, but because I just don't want to seem like I'm stealing all her signatures.;-)

I'd buy this one though, if I could find it today.

I just read FunkyTomo's comment which just stood out to me, and it's definitely the vintage version my MIL owns. I'm not sure I even want to try to smell or test the reformulation. I want to remmember it the way it was when I was 17-going on 18 and the way the one in my MIL's medicine cabinet smells.

Btw. carnation works better with me than I thought it would. That's a good thing since it's my Sun (and Moon) sign flower - for those of you into astrology. For those of you not; just ignore that bit and don't get your panties in a twist!;-)

MRowe
MRowe

I found a nearly new bottle of SMS at a flea maker in the late 1990's. I loved the bottle and loved the scent even more and wore it constantly. My grandmother strongly disapproved of this one due to its musk and sandalwood notes- to her a musk fragrance was not appropriate somehow but this only made me love it more. I recently found a pure parfum mini on eBay and plan on buying more when I can find them.

Acesm
Acesm

The bottle is so lovely, and Sun Moon Stars have a particular meaning for me. Unfortunately it is not suitable for me. I only smell a strong acidic floral scent. I love sweet scents and that is not what I smell. Initial spray was acidic, as was the dry down. .

MommyMaudlin
MommyMaudlin

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a mystical, magical bottle. Inside the gorgeous glass though there's not much to this fragrance. It's pretty much carnation. So if you're totally in love with that note, go for it.

Frayja
Frayja

I bought it in Milan ages ago and I keep it for sentimental reasons only.
Otherwise is a strong,mess-y,nauseating blend,who gives me a negative feeling on my skin.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

My mum likes it, but Sun Moon Stars smells really weird to my nose. Maybe too much carnation.

IntentOnScent
IntentOnScent

I see some of this for sale on fragrance.net right now ..noted a lot of comments saying its discontinued?
edt version anyway

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I'm going to have to visit my mother more often-we were clearing out her cupboards and found a vintage, unopened bottle of this little number. Its so gorgeous-I'd forgotten what a lovely fragrance it is. Its a kind of transition from the big, brash scent bombs of the 80s to the lighter and more airy , but still robust fragrances of the 90s. I think it was before the gourmand revolution so although its sweet, its not toffee apple sugar sweet. Its described as a fruity floral, but its not like modern fruity florals-its more of a natural fruit with natural fruit sweetness tempered with a little tartness.

It's strong and upfront initially, and almost overpowering with a blast of jasmine and orange blossom, but this dries down very quickly to a much more subtle note. This is a lovely blend of vanilla, slightly sweet but smooth and rounded, with heliotrope coming through. The base is a warm, smooth classy musk and sandalwood and this lasts and lasts. Sillage is moderate, longevity is lllloooonnngggg.

I think this is a bit of a modern classic-it doesn't smell dated at all. I think its a warm and soothing fragrance, very much a winter or fall fragrance. Its mature-normally I would say that anyone could wear anything if they wanted to, but this definitely has slightly mature vibes-30s onwards maybe? Its definitely a feminine fragrance, not unisex.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I just got a vintage bottle from my friend. Wow this brings back memories for me. I think considering this fragrance was made a few decades ago it continues to hold it's own and is still appealing. For me the fragrance is somewhat heavy. I tend to go for softer more subtle scents. I don't think I can pull this off however it's well composed - not too dated and quite wearable for the woman who enjoys being noticed. I will be parting with the bottle however as it just is not my thing.

Wheaters
Wheaters

This is classy and subtle and I love it. Sweet but not overly so, and very very beautiful.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I had long admired the bottle from afar, but never particularly sought it out for testing. Yesterday my grandmother passed on a large bottle of a vintage (early 90s) formulation to me and I like it quite a bit! The opening does have a Luden's cherry cough lozenge feel, but that passes very quickly. The drydown has a soft, powdery, cozy feel similar to EL's Bali Dream, although they don't smell alike. It's sweet, with a little bit of red fruit and a slight woodiness to it. I've never smelled anything quite like it. This is a lovely warm cozy scent for a rainy day or fall/winter without being overwhelming in sillage. I'm glad to have it on my shelf! Peach, orris, and orchid are definitely present; there's also a sight tang of pineapple in the earlier stages. The deep drydown has a lot of powdery vanilla and sandalwood. There isn't a huge definitive carnation note because it blends so well with the others, but I do recognize a similar quality to Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir, so I would say the carnation is a good match with that. This is a lovely scent that I will treasure all the more thanks to my bottle's origins.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Sun Moon and Stars is exotic and unusual. It's not too heavy - which makes it ideal for wearing it to work or church, and it's certainly not too sickly sweet. I find this a very elegant and chic smell, and very very well balanced.
I had this but sold it and am wishing I had at least had the good sense to decant a vial.
It is just a pretty scent that I don't think is super popular or over used so could be a beautiful personal signature.

austeja.kate
austeja.kate

Got this as a present yesterday but now I'm a bit ill so cannot smell anything except carnation when i try to smell it from it's cap. Hope I'm going to like it and I will write my review soon ;)

artemiss
artemiss

I have tons of this, and I'll admit, mostly because I was in love with the bottle, and people bought it for me as gifts. It never sat well on my skin, too floral and 'green', but it was better than most carnation-based scents I've encountered.

CHOYÈTTI

It is surprisingly classy. I would imagine a rich, young, sensual, glamorous and beautiful woman who lives in a huge mansion, wearing this when she goes shopping to the downtown boutiques.

For some reason I especially recommend this for a rainy day... Definitely not for a sunny summerday.
This is GOOD. I can imagine a nightsky-blue, rainy autumn evening... Just pure sensuality... I think I've been enchanted.

I originally bought this because of the bottle, but tried it on today and fell in love with it. Unfortunately it seems to have something that I'm allergic to... such a shame.

candyaddict
candyaddict

My very favorite perfume! To my nose, this is all freesia and vanilla. This is the only perfume that I can spray directly on my skin without it changing. In the dry down, it is complete heaven!

flamingjune5dwj
flamingjune5dwj

A bright burst of stars, light, sparkling, slightly sweet - these are the first things I thought upon first spray of this delightful find.

I usually never blind buy something without first checking reviews on here (usually I'm standing in Ross leaning on the perfume shelf while furiously scrolling on my phone) but for this I wasn't able to do that and liked the title of the perfume so much that I just went for it -- so I was shocked when I got home and read all the negative reviews of what I think is a little floral beauty.

I do agree with the other recent posters who say they were initially surprised - what I first expected was something rich, dark, and heavy - and that is definitely not what this is. It is a burst of stars, which after the initial incongruity wore off seemed actually very fitting for this. I don't think it is meant to represent the dark mysteries of the cosmos, but rather the bright luminosity that the sun, moon, and stars all share.

I see so many people calling this overly sweet, and it must be to them, but I want to give others considering this fragrance an opinion from someone who loves sweet and does not fear strong gourmands - this will probably seem understated to you!

It does have a soft sweetness, with a subtle and radiant warmth - but it is certainly not that in your face gourmand sweet of a typical perfume made today (think BCBG, Pink Sugar, Sud Pacifique or insert so many others here). I get way more florals from this than I do sweet, and the sweet I do seem to get is more of a nectar from a flower rather than sugar or sappy sweet. I think it is quite lovely.

As for the notes I get, I do agree with others that although there are so many notes in this it seems a bit hard to pick most of them out specifically. I think there is an initial blast of freesia and bergamot, but on me I have to say that I get no screaming peaches that others have commented on. As soon as that begins to fade, on me the lily-of-the-valley really is the most prominent thing I smell in this, with a light veil of florals, some vanilla, a hint of orange blossom, and sandalwood. Flog me for it, but the more it dries down the more I keep thinking of the old Diorissimo my mother bought back in the 90s. I will say that while this is not as heavy and dark as I anticipated from the look of the box and bottle, the lightness of the fragrance is still somehow rich in its own way, perhaps it is the bit of creaminess from the vanilla and amber.

As for lasting power - its a 10/10 big wow for what seems like such a bright floral - it has lasted on me for over 12 hours and I am one of those for whom nothing lasts. I would also say that the sillage is pretty good as well, but not overbearing.

All in all I personally don't understand all the hate this has seemed to generate here as of late, and thought I would add my two cents worth. If you see it at Ross for $16 like I did, I don't really see how you could go wrong. It's discontinued after all and will probably be collectable.

CHOYÈTTI

I heard this has been discontinued for years but I managed to get one still. Perhaps it becomes collectible.
Nice bottle. The smell reminds me of something... It's familiar.

lirael00
lirael00

For me this is a vanilla pudding with a peach syrup on top of it. It is more something you want to eat than to wear on you. It's definetly more for staying inside and smelling yourself imagining you're a dessert than to wear this in public. I'm definetly gonna wear that in the upcoming days cause I think it's the perfect perfume you can wear while studying for exams. Nice.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear readers,

I must agree with Ms Mortazuma below me, that this fragrance is very sweet and lacks complexity despite the notes that went into this but let me share my experience with this fragrance for those who are curious to buy the last bottles of Sun ,Moon and Stars , this is a rarity now since it has become a discontinued fragrance.

When I was given this as a gift when I was a tender teen of 15 by my sister, I enjoyed this perfume very much because it has a sense of sweetness and it wasn't too complex or anything but on me the scent was very vanilla all the way and a creamy one at that, it wasn't a cheap scent at all but it did lack that "something"

The bottle design is gorgeous , memorable, distinct even to this day , has a astrological look to it that looks very enchanting, like a magical object you see in a Walt Disney movie ,its very charming to the eyes .

Personally, I thought was going to have a almost ethereal character scent to it but I was very wrong it was very vanilla cream scent and on my chemistry it just became bolder and beautiful.

I liked it, but I wasn't in love with it as I was with other perfumes like Anais Anais, Blonde and my Chanels, but this scent I feel belongs to very nurturing type ,calm ,modest, comfortable and has dreamy or childlike nature to them, because it has that character scent to it you find in maternity and baby sections or in spa and relaxation items and food items as some reviewers mentioned , because it has a strong vanilla peach cream to it.

Personally I think its a perfect gift to give to a expected mother in a baby shower and/or for the baby because it does have that nursery feel to it or a sweet dreamy teenager isn't thinking of dates still because they still have that innocence to them where they don't care for earthly sensual escapades just yet or for a adult who's is very nurturing nature creates comfort and relaxation and wonderful memorable gentle words and embraces warms the heart and your soul .

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

Even as a young woman, I found this fragrance to be a little too sweet. Some people enjoy smelling like desserts, and that is fine. But, unfortunately, I was raised and spoiled with perfumes that had more complexity and mystery than Sun, Moon & Stars.

Sun, Moon & Stars on me was...one dimensional, creamy sweet, and although appetizing...it wasn't all exciting. For the price tag, I certainly would hope to smell more sophisticated than peach cobbler.

Please do not get the wrong idea though, this IS a very lovely fragrance. However, fragrances should be extensions of your personality (and in some cases, your intention -wink-) and at the age that I was when this first launched, I was at an age where I wanted to devour the world, not invite it to devour ME.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a lovely 90's peach (think Tresor or Exclamation) but better--much better. It's still a vanillic, powdery peach; but it's also rich and lively. Somehow, this is both a warm and cool fragrance; cashmere sweaters on a chilly day. I usually do not care for carnation, and don't find it to be prominent here; rather, I primarily smell the peaches and vanilla, followed by the sandalwood and amber. Sillage is modest. I only have a decant but would love a full bottle--especially if it's that gorgeous blue and gold!

Hollie
Hollie

For some reason I thought that this was going to be a dark,heavy, spicy oriental but it's not at all. I just found a box today at Ross for $16.....I've never seen it there before and it's been on my want list for a while so I had to pick it up. I can't give a completely accurate review right now because I only sprayed an hour or so ago and I'm still waiting for the drydown, etc. I did want to point out though that I IMMEDIATELY recognized this smell in several other scents in my collection. Ones that are not identical but very similar and with a similar "feel" So...first I thought of True Love by EA and then I thought of Diamonds & Rubies and then I thought of Volupte by Oscar de la Renta. Strangely enough when I noticed that Sophia Grojsman was The Nose, I also realized that she also created those other three that I mentioned! They were all created within a year or two of each other! She must have been on a roll! As far as how I feel about it after only just trying it, I think I like it? It's not what I expected but it's whimsical and juvenile....in a nice way. I keep smelling juicy, fruity,bubblegum along with carnation, a certain amount of random spice and I swear I get whiffs of banana once in awhile...hmmm. So....maybe I'll report back after I've had a longer experience...I can already tell that the longevity is good as well as the projection....at least on moi.

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

Elegant, dreamy and mysterious. For those who like sweet vanilla fragrances like Aquolina Pink Sugar, Dior Hypnotic Poison, etc.

Scentmad
Scentmad

I snagged a bottle of this (vintage) and was reminded why I didn't buy it at the height of its popularity. It's just a ridiculous perfume. It lacks charm, sophistication and elegance. It is a headache inducing horror. It's uneasy, awkward and jarring. I cannot imagine why this was so popular, it really makes me feel quite sickly when I smell it, sufficed to say its been consigned to my "cupboard of perfumes that are not my friends".

miaou
miaou

I was a serious Eternity wearer in the past, and i can say that it is veeeeeryyyy similar with SMS, especially in the base! Sophia Grojsman seems to love those signature notes. I can definitely say that Eternity is more gorgeous, while Sun Moon Stars is much lighter and its bottle is more gorgeous. I have a 5 ml decant now, and i don't think i'd ever buy a full bottle. I'd rather buy eternity again.
Upd: Yay, after 6 months i got myself a full 3.3 oz bottle in a swap!

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Skin tested.
I get carnations, vanilla-amber, and woods. Unfortunately turns vaguely urine-like on me.

Dinah12
Dinah12

LOVE IT! This is my all time favourite perfume since it came in early nineties. So mature and powerfull not overwhelming strong. But it lasts for hours and hours on my skin. Good mysterious and wondrous. True magical! Love it!

suemc
suemc

i have nothing good to say about this absolutely honking perfume....it is very unpleasant indeed. it smells artificial and nasty. whenever i smell it on someone i pity their poor sense of taste and worst still it clings to your skin for hours even after a shower.

freddinos
freddinos

What an amazing perfume! It saddens me to see all the dislikes here... A fruity floral in all its glory from my favourite nose, Sophia Grojsman. I recently saw a video on youtube with an interview of Sophia. She describes her creations, and talks about creating a perfume for the woman who works every day and returns at home tired and still has to do the housework and cook dinner, but before she does any of all that she just puts on a little perfume, inhales deeply, relaxes, and feels like a woman! That's what Sun Moon Stars is all about. Whenever I wear it I feel like a woman...

zoehhh
zoehhh

First spray is a sweet, peachy, powdery carnation blast followed by a calming musky, jasmine, sandalwood and vanilla mix which is going to be a hit or miss. Personally with me it is a hit, but if you don't like a mysterious powdery/sweet/fruity/spicy cold day scent then this probably won't be for you.

It is best suited for night time, especially cold nights. It can also be pulled off on summer nights too for a night out stargazing or a night time beach stroll.

It lasts quite a while, I voted it as 'moderate' between 3-6hrs and it also has a moderate sillage. I wore it for a group meal once and only the person opposite me and next to me could smell it without the need to get closer to me.

There is something about this perfume that seems to invoke a happy, warm and fuzzy feeling. I find myself reaching for it especially on days where I may be feeling a little glum or unenthusiastic and it never fails to perk me back up again. Maybe it's because it makes me think of being snuggled up in an oversized jumper under the stars with a huge cup of hot chocolate!

The bottle is also very beautiful.

This is a review of the new formulation as I've never had a chance to smell the old one. I'd love to find it to compare!

mcredpers
mcredpers

The first time I smelled Sun Moon Stars was shortly after its release in 1994, at the tender and oh-so-awkward age of 14. I recall commenting during orchestra class that I was freezing, and like a dream the coolest senior girl who played bass like a rock star and who I aspired with every wish of my being to grow up into nonchalantly whipped off her sweatshirt and tossed it to me. I was giddy as I put it on and was instantly enveloped with the most spicy, warm, creamy and powdery scent I had ever smelled. Something about it was almost tangible, almost like a cocoon rather than an odor. It was delectable, confident, unapologetic, and vastly unlike the Vanilla Fields, Charlies, and Parfums de Coeur that otherwise permeated the hallways. After inquiring what this intoxicating fragrance was, I promptly secured a bottle and it became my aura.

Two downfalls of having Sun Moon Stars as a signature: 1. The original fragrance turned so quickly, so that a new bottle must be purchased ideally yearly but no less than every two years, and 2. The reformulation is just a mere shadow of the original. True, it is recognizable as Sun Moon Stars (and still one of my favorites upon drydown), but it is seriously lacking the depth and richness it once possessed. One plus of the reformulation is that it does not turn rancid as quickly, but I would still give anything for the original formulation to become readily available again.

Fortunately I was able to find an unopened bottle of the frosted glass pure perfume on Ebay, so if all goes well within the next few days I will be reunited with the magic I so fondly remember.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I tried this back in the 90s and really liked it. I bought a bottle a few days ago and though it was horrible. It is so synthetic and metallic that its just really unpleasant. It smells cheap and a bit like petrol or cleaning fluid. The pineapple is shrill and fake and nasty, and the rest is just a peachy mess.

I have passed my bottle on. No way could I ever choose to wear this. Was it nicer before the reformulation? I guess it must have been.

icecube
icecube

Sweet and powdery, flowers and woods - nooting special but have the new formulation. Sure that I would have liked the original.

no5forever2
no5forever2

This is the way Eternity should have been done. I pick the same floral notes as in Eternity, but whereas one gives me a blinding headache, the other caresses my senses and envelopes me in a soft, warm scent. I find it as gentle as Eternity was harsh. So gentle that I sometimes wear it for quiet evenings in.

I had tried very hard to like Eternity and this perfume indirectly gives me a feeling of 'mission accomplished'.

Aliakatt
Aliakatt

Classified as an Oriental/Floral scent. All I can say about this one is "Do not want!!". It has this initial soap smell.. and not nice soap... it just makes me nauseous. Why won't it fade!?!

*Update: Okay.. after suffering through wearing this for about an hour, I will say that the soap smell has faded. The scent is much lighter, and much more mellow now. Oddly I almost get a caramel scent. This perfume also has great staying power. I still wouldn't buy it again though

Sarahlulu
Sarahlulu

Begins very fruity, with strong pineapple, which suits my me and my tropical surrounds ..

Dries down to jasmine musk vanilla sandalwood.

Makes me feel seductive and joyous.

Long lasting and glorious.

iloveloulou
iloveloulou

wooow i love this perfume.. so classy and long lasting.. i also love the bottle.. i always put this perfume on before i go outside at nites , under the moon and stars.. ull feel better when its on !

benpaul12
benpaul12

When I was 5, back when this came out I met a beautiful woman who owned this, I saw the bottle and its design stayed in my memory until today when I discovered it on here! Now I know what that was!

shannonny
shannonny

I'm one of those who love this. I own the EDT, likely the reformulation. Matter of fact, I loved it so much on first wear that I bought a back-up bottle: a first for me.

It is an odd scent. Does open with fruit, something sharp, definitely carnation and sandalwood on me, but then it mellows into real soft loveliness. The juxtaposition of odd notes--oriental and sweet-flowery, just work for me. (I did smell Eternity once, but I have a mental block with CK and his pederastic ads.)

That pineapple-carnation-sandalwood thing is just killer. Why do I love it so? It's just plain weird, but there you go...so am I. The drydown is intoxicating, musky masculine cuddles by the scent of a few sprigs of freesia. I love freesia.

Note on duration: I'm dry as a bone. Nothing lasts on me. So I have to drench myself in this stuff to get an hour out of it, but at this price, why not? As my son says, YOLO (You Only Live Once).

Thomasania
Thomasania

I just bought a back up bottle of the original formula. It is definitely a strong scent which I like a lot. A little goes a long way, so a light spray is all you need. It is a pretty floral to me. If you have a chance to pick up the original version I would go for it, plus it comes in a beautiful bottle.

The original bottle is matte whereas the newer bottles are shiny. My review is based on the original formulation in the matte bottle.

cmoca

I just realized this smell goes amazing with a leather jacket for a tougher yet feminine look. Waw :)

LavenderGirl
LavenderGirl

Bought this as a gift for my mum this week (it was on special offer). She politely said it was lovely. In reality, it was pungent and very similar to the chemical 'scent' of flyspray. Please save your money!

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

man, i love this bottle! just wish i liked what was inside.

amanita68
amanita68

The perfect Astronomer's perfume!

The Sun, Moon and Stars:

The Sun: Warmth, brilliant yellow light and vibrant energy with the deepest of shadows.

The Moon: Silvery gentle reflected light creating soft nocturnal shadows, mystery, intrigue and romance.

The Stars: Tantalising, distant and exotic, casting the gentlest of multi-coloured twinkling light upon us in the deepest and darkest of nights.

The perfume: Warm and intriguing, filled with the sweetness of moonlight on a summer's night in Ibiza, the vibrancy of the mid-day meditteranean sunshine and the exotic sensuality of a shared swim in the sea under the midnight starlight.

When I first tried this perfume, I found her a little strange, but intriguing. She can be a little too warm to wear in the summer (if we get one) but is very warming and beatiful in the cooler times, when our Northern Night Skies are at their best to watch. I now love to wear the Sun Moon and Stars on cool winter nights when we have clear skies to go out and stargaze. The name helps with the mood and the fragrance reminds me of warmer times under the stars with an equal abundance of fun.

rfh
rfh

OK this might sound a bit odd..but i used to put from this perfume when i was at high school and it was perfect..however, have not used for a while and actually forgot about it completely..after almost 10 years, which was last year i was in London, i saw it at superdrugs pharmacy and bought the 30 ml for 10 pounds which i found very reasonable, but when i came home my sister begged me to take it so i gave it away..after that i kept looking for it in my home country and i finally found one 100 ml for 70$ with the very dark navy bottle not as the one we can see here in the pic or the one i bought from London!!! i bought it anyway and i was really depressed with the result since it smells really weird and like something rotten!! im really sad and wish i have not bought it..is it the time matter that screwed the smell coz im sure it not fake..or maybe the new formulation is much better!! Advice..buy it from superdrugs pharmacy ..

PNBP
PNBP

i love this perfume because it smells like winter's air....which is hard to feel in such a tropical country im living in :D
it's a gift from my aunt :3 and i love it so much,the first note maybe too strong-like vanilla but the next notes are great,it's warm and fresh in my opinion ;3
i love how it fades to the last notes-which smells exactly like winter's air!! I use it whenever i go out at night cuz it gives me cozy feeling and elegant as well :D

sana_me
sana_me

I don't really like it. It gives me a a headache! The bottle is pretty though.

Janey1966
Janey1966

Years and years ago I had a scent called Chloe and it was my first 'proper' perfume, and that is by Karl Lagerfeld too.

A friend of mine wore Sun Moon Stars as her signature scent. In fact, her husband would not let her wear anything else, which is a bit harsh but it did smell lovely on her.

So, when I got the opportunity to finally buy some myself (100ml for £10 on Cheap Smells) I could not resist. However, it does not smell half as potent on me as it did on my friend but I do use it sparingly. It is such a beautiful bottle that I want it to last even longer than the 3 years or so I have had it already!

cinema1974
cinema1974

This was a hot scent back in high school and I remember it was really nice...but went to perfume shop and smelled it on the paper and I was shocked that it smelled really loud like old spice with out the spice? I need to go to another perfume store to see if the tester was not old...because my bestfriend used this everyday and the way this one in the store smelled, I did not remember it smelling that rancid? looking at the reviews of my fellow fraganican's I trust your noses! and it not just me but maybe they changed the formula? I will find out and prevail! but yes really loud and I did not remember it smelling like this..

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

I first wore this in my teens and if my memory serves me right it is an unusual and intriguing scent! On me the perfume has a slight synethitic quality (but I don't mind this) It's definitely an acquired taste there's no sitting on the fence with this one!

mimila
mimila

I found a vial of Sun Moon Stars at a thrift store and as it is eau de toilette,it may be the reformulation. I have been wearing it all afternoon and can still smell myself, which is rare for an EdT. To my nose it smells almost exactly like Elizabeth Taylors Diamonds and Rubies. I smell the carnation especially. The reformulation of this is easy to find and inexpensive, but if you're not overly attached to the stunning bottle, ETs Diamonds and Rubies is an EdP and is had far more inexpensively. Many times you can even find a gift set with a larger bottle and lotion for less money than Sun Moon Stars. Still, there is that bottle...

*** Not a proper review , but some tips on the vintage VS reformulated SMS****

I see comparisons to "Eternity" .If you dislike "Eternity " please do not let this put you off testing SMS. I had not tested Eternity since the 90s , so i tried it along with some other 80s/90s fumes . I didnt like Eternity at all! It seemed too floral ,I disliked it. . . .So i was surprised to see the comparison to SMS!!

Ive been a SMS lover since it was first released in the early 90s and i was bought a bottle at 16 yrs old.

Because i dont care for the reform ,i hunted down some vintage on good ol fleabay , an EDT 100ml in original formula . The perfume was very weak and just didnt smell right. I suspect the seller may have had the pretty btl on display in sunlight - not good! I kept it for the nice btl , but i cant wear the "off" scent.

I managed to get hold of a "Pure parfum" mini on ebay too. These are new/sealed/boxed old stock , and thankfully the sunlight hasnt had a chance to ruin them yet even though the btls are nearly 20 years old.

Now this verison is spot on and the wonderful sweet powdery smell take me back to my 9-s youth !! Anyone who has fond memories of the 90s SMS needs this verison! Its also very strong , been a "Parfum" , you only need a little dab , so the 7ml btl lasts a good while.

( you can tell the vintage minis from the reforms as they come in a MATTE/FROSTED glass - the modern glass is shiny. )

The moral here is be careful with vintage SMS , this is one of those perfumes that "Turns" fast if not stored properly ( the same happens with Clinque Happy - another of my 90s faves).

Id usually recommend "vintage" over reformed scent , but not in SMS case , unless its the vintage Pure Parfums. ....If you can wear the reform - great ! wish i could love it, but its just too synthetic and harsh , it has a strong unpleasant note of solvent/ spray paint/ nail varnish ( which many reviewers have also detected i see!) What person wants to smell like an industrial chemical , or a garage where they re-spray cars ? No thanks .........

Compared to the beautiful heady original its a very poor reform indeed and it is so poorly executed that i cannot wear it .

( Ive just realised what the "chemical" note reminds me of , that glue solvent you can get in a areosol can - eeek !!)

smellME
smellME

I remember smelling this for the first time in the mid nineties or so, thinking it smelt mysterious, cosy and modern at that time.
I never bought it for me even though it had that beautiful bottle too...
I just recently decided to treat me with this long sacred kept memory and found it from swap ! First sniff after a long time - Eternity light !
This will be perfect as I love Eternity but find it a little harsh sometimes...
The plastic rubber notes some has notified will probably be perfect for me as I like what I call nothing scents....
Not a typical flower, nor sweet or gourmand scent -
Just a little dry and very much of its own lovelyness !
I am so happy for this...thanks 700poodles who has let go of this beauty !
Update- No not really me after all...

Finally swapped.....

ailishlu
ailishlu

Where shall I start. I wore it yesterday to a lunch date with my friend and today I am continuing to wear it. That´s how much I´ve fallen in love with this scent! I remember always seeing it in the store and I so wanted to buy it. The bottle is just so beautiful (must have been the influence for Britney´s scents!). However, my very first test of this was negative. I got plastic or rotten fruit. Oh well I thought, better give it a miss. One year later, I`m a member of Fragrantica and reading all your wonderful reviews. I decided I would give it another try. Second test: Still the same plastic note, even marshmallow like someone already mentioned, but the drydown...mmm..so heavenly. OK, I thought after a week or two and another re-reading of positive reviews, I`m gonna buy it! At 19.95 Euros for 100 ml you can`t really complain. So now back to the present and now I think I know what´s WRONG with this scent. I opened my brand new bottle and sprayed! Heaven in a bottle!! No more plastic, playdoh or marshmallows. Just a beautiful sharp strong pineapple which finally transforms into a beautiful bed of florals, and every now and then I get that beautiful pineapple. So you see, my theory is that the testers I tried were old and the pineapple had soured! This is a perfume that probably has to be stored with care. This must be the reason because it smells so different to the testers in the store! Incidently, I only find it strong at the start, but after about three hours I didn`t smell too much except a brief whiff of the fruit that reminded me it was still there. Now I don`t know if I have a reformulation of the original, but certainly what I have is worth hanging on to. Thanks for the reviews guys!

Buckshot
Buckshot

Reminds me of the sands, dunes and deserts of the Middle East and North Africa. Smells very much like the tribal scents of North West Africa. It packs a powerful puch; musky,spicy and sweet carefully blended together. I like it very much, but can't actually say that I love it. For its strength and potency I would say that it's very nicely priced.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

A very "sharp" and woody perfume . I still think that it is very "watery" do , WHICH I actullay like . It reminds me of a old good friend , so I had to buy it .(Very cheap as well, which is good for the "wallet" haha) .

I like it and I think that this is Lagerfeld's best scent ever . Well done !

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Yes, this is both strong and sweet, pluses to me usually. Even the notes sound wonderful. In reality it's just a bit much of almost everything for me. Oh, and the opening is extremely dominant in "Freesia, the Enemy" ! If this is neither sweet nor overpowering for you, then I hope you have the good fortune not to be one of those for whom the freesia sours! It's actually such a cheerful and Blue/Yellow scent that it's a pity this charmer turns so awful on some of us. You really should try Sun Moon Stars at least once, because it's well - named and deservedly well - loved. Have Fun!

Trinidella
Trinidella

warm, floral, oriental scent. I love the flacon.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Rubber. AGAIN!
Why the HELL does 50% of all perfumes today smell like a new rubber ball/gasoline?! What IS that awful note?!

I can clearly smell cigarett smoke too. Not sweet tobacco, but stale smokers breath. Horrific. I get that note to very often, if someone knows what that is, please send me a pm.

It makes me sooo tired, yet another disgusting blind buy.

Please honey bees, if something smells bad, please please PLEASE tell us that in the review, so that others don`t have to waste their money too. Don`t be so afraid to criticise perfumes, they don`t have any feelings.

And when shall I EVER learn not to blind buy...

caca102
caca102

Scented baby powder... that's all I can smell. From others' review I was expecting something heavy and sweet, like Cabotine or poison. The first few seconds did have an overwhelming, play-dough like sweetness to it, then it dried down quickly to a gentle powdery scent that lasted and lasted. Not my cup of tea but it's not a bad choice for hot weather, you will smell like you've just come out of the shower all day.

emiana
emiana

I don't know why..but I can feel a light perfume of fruity chewing gum on my skin! Eternity is not so sweet...

KuanYin
KuanYin

I remember really wanting this perfume years ago. I was in love with the bottle and expected something bewithching, I was sorely dissapointed. I found the perfume powdery, vage, nondescript. I guess it's because I like something with a little more oomph.

Chloe....sorry.

pfcs

I have had a mini bottle of this for years, only because I bought a coffret of Lagerfield perfume minis. It's not horrible, but I just never liked it enough to wear it. I always had things I liked so much better. Cloe is the only Lagerfield scent I ever loved.

Lumiere

Humid slightly warm weather, even starting to rain, thunderstorm in distance-it's the weather for this fragrance. Like today.

Voopie
Voopie

This was my first perfume which I bought with my own hard earned money... I was 14 years old and it was my first paycheck. I just remember begin happy am mezmorize with this sent, was made for me :)

MissButterfly
MissButterfly

When I was a little girl, my mother used this one. I remember it was so mystery scent for me, this bottle was for me like a magic crystal ball. It looked so mysterious and beautiful for me, like from Middle East or something. I kept this scent in mind. Cold and metallic but sensual at once...
At the age of 14 I smelled CK Eternity the first time, which I totally loved. I knew this scent remind me of something - of my childhood and Sun moon stars. Amazing, all memories came back. I'm 19 now and this perfume is too mature for me, I use it only in special occasion.

A masterpiece, Mr. Lagerfeld. It's as I said cold and metallic but also warm, feminine, modern...

FunnyGirl
FunnyGirl

I vaguely remember the old version, but this re-edition reminds me of "Eternity" by CK. The same carnation blended with lilly-of-the-valley (greenish, sour type that grows in forrest, not the garden specie) with a touch of musk. No vanilla found))))) Like it, though, a bit "old-fashioned")))))

AmethystBlue
AmethystBlue

I bought my first bottle on impulse as it was on winter sale at one of my favourite department stores. I loved it immediately. It projected a warmth and strength on that long and bitterly cold winter.
For some reason I packed a bottle for my honeymoon and it was to be a long one (6 weeks). I sprayed my Sun Moon Stars every day and I was constantly asked what I was wearing. It was as perfect as my wedding dress. Then we returned home and I with my now empty bottle, I moved onto other perfumes. We were married 3 years when my husband popped a bottle of Sun Moon Stars into my Christmas stocking. I did'nt open it until one cold and wet Saturday in the middle of January. My husband and I were lazily sharing the bathroom and I opened the packaging and sprayed myself. I was aware of my husband stopping in his tracks and looking at me. 'That reminds me of our honeymoon' he said.
I will always have a place in my heart for Sun Moon Stars - can you blame me!!!

cmoca

At the beginning I find a burst of fresh smooth powdery Freesia, that schizophrenically transforms into a lush, thick sweet middle eastern seductiveness. It settles into something you want to savagely grab and savour on the spot. It makes you desire. It is an interesting scent, I must say I like it for its distinctiveness.

You either like it or you don't.

Does it last? Well, I sprayed one spritz on one wrist at 1pm yesterday, and rubbed it with the other. If I put my nose to it I smell it slightly, but the long sleeve I had on still imparts its smell quite well. I would say 10/10 here.

aladkins74
aladkins74

I purchased this because I remember always spraying it on my wrists to sample on shopping trips in the 90's and really wanted it then. It arrived today (great deal 20 bucks for 3.3 oz.)and instantly I fell in love again! I wonder if it is not the original because I swore the bottle back then was matte and had gold on it? Anyway, I LOVE this!!! I don't think it is strong at all. First spray I smell sweetness and woods then it dies down to pure brilliance. I own billions of perfumes and for now this will be my new signature scent! LOVE :D

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I smell the comparison to Eternity, but to my nose this is CK-Eternity with a hint of candy and a softer and more sensual dry down. Where CK-Eternity is very citrusy and loud, Sun Moon Stars is more softer and powdery. Perfect for those who like it more sensual and not in your face, or who adore CK-Eternity and like to have two different versions. I have both, and use them according to mood. And the bottle is very pretty which is always a bonus.

Because Sun Moon Stars has been on the market since the early nineties, and is an acquired taste (I guess?) its been forgotten by most. This suits me just fine, when I wear it, hardly anybody smells like me. That the price has dropped to a steal makes it also very desirable.

A classic that is underrated and is just as pretty as the bottle when your chemistry and nose agree. A pretty and affordable keeper.

Lakambini
Lakambini

Cool, clear, crisp and even metallic, the initial scent is a mellow sister to Eternity. As the top notes evaporate, I catch a darker, lusher scent, reminiscent perhaps of Ms. Grojsman's other monster success, Tresor. I am intrigued by its bipolar nature: this elegant fragrance is something that, in any climate, I could confidently wear.

Lumiere

It's quite interesting that the scent of perfume strongly associates with the colour of the bottle-its is cool deep midnight blue, maybe even purple, with silver. It is almost like star dust, forgive me the paphos.
It is different to any trend which is currently on the mass market.
I have received it while it is still hot spell of summer. and for some reason, when i think about using it-i think evening, cinema, dance, going out, but not in western loud nightclubby and groggy way-the way people do it in my country-dressed in a dress or jeans and heells, stralling crowded streets, holding the companion by the elbow, be it a man or a woman. We walk slowly, or maybe we are in a bit of a hurry to be on time.
The whiff of the perfume tells passers-by I am not casual. It is a bit pungeant, interesting powdery, iris, orchid, dangerously intriguing.
Will report after taking it out for a walk-I have not worn this out yet, waiting for the colder weather.

A lovely every-day-fragrance. Soft and mild but at the same time intensive. No sharp or edgy notes. Timeless, both young women and middleaged women can wear this scent. Longlasting on my skin, about 5 - 6 hours, good for an Eau de Toilette.

En härlig varje-dag-doft. Mjuk och mild men ändå intensiv. Inga skarpa eller tunga doftnoter. Tidlös så jag tycker denna doften passar både unga tjejer och medelålders kvinnor. Sitter ungefär 5 - 6 timmar på min hud, helt ok för en Eau de Toilette.

Alexiandran
Alexiandran

I just love this one. The vintage formula is better, but the remake works as well, but has less sillage and less staying power. But on me the old one and the new one comes out the same when settled. But at first impression the new formula is more fruity, more cheap and more 'synthetic strong'.

But when settled I get no fruits at all. I'm really bad at detecting notes and even worse at identifying them... But it settles down to an aromatic, kinda spicy and very warm smell.

The vintage formula I would never wear on daytime, but as the new formula isn't as strong I can wear that on daytime in winter/fall.

SMS is the one scent that have produced the most compliments and questions about what perfume I wear, and both for me and the people around me is my signature smell.

A friend who loved it on me tried it on, but it was downright terrible on her. So this is one perfume I think you should always try on before buying, as it developes very, very different on different people.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

what i can smell is beautiful creamy apricot with powdery earthy orris and sweet tempting flowers, an intense heliotrop and creamy wood. pinapple is just the initial blast. very nice blendet, elegant yet playful. very fruity-woody. sillage and staying power is great. drives masses of compliments from men.

plethorax
plethorax

I have such fond memories of wearing this in highschool. This and my mother's penchant for Shalimar are no doubt the reason I usually run screaming from anything vanillic. I smelled it again the other day and it was a sad letdown - plastic pineapple, fake vanilla. Staying power extraordinary as ever.

However, imagine if it had been launched as Miss Byzance - we would all have been horrified but, on some level, understood the family resemblance. I like to think Maman Byzance would NOT have allowed SMS out of the house in that dress!

halwaya
halwaya

This one I bought on an online sale, without trying it first. I was reading the reviews and I was intrigued by them. Everyone seem to love it. Worship it, even.
I loved the name, loved the bottle and I admired Karl Langerfeld, so I decided to give it a go.
I was so amazed by the smell - my first impression was: metallic, sweet.. soap. I didn't liked it, but I didn't give up. I sometimes use - especially in winter time, as this smell gives you a nice warm wrapping after a while.
I wouldn't buy again and I would advice to try it before buy it. As this could be love or hate reaction. For my appreciation to Karl Langerfeld I won't be that harsh to say I hate it ;) There is no love tho'

gesch
gesch

Back then I got this for my 15th birthday from my godfather (though I strongly suspect his significant other chose it for me ;) ) and I really thought it the WORST fragrance ever. I was horrified by the staying power too: a friend of mine and I tried it on and were shocked that even after being in the swimming-pool with all the chlor for over an hour the perfume still clung to our skin.

I threw away my bottle shortly after. Now 10years later I thought to give the (by now) vintage formula a 2nd try and had to bid on it. I thought with age my taste might have developed a liking to it. Alas: NOPE. Still - though being a scent I won't enjoy I can now understand the quality and the compostion better.

It is still too much for me. Too much of sweet, of floral, of oriental, of fruity-floral, of too many notes and none of them together give me something...

Still: WAAAYYYY better then the new re-formulated version...

Malibu

SUN, MOON, STARS applies with a heavy blast of pineapple, but I now find the sweetness of it sickly rather then edible as I used to when I was younger.

However; it's the combined florals in the fragrance's heart that have now deadened my cheery childhood memories - it's just way too much, everything becomes a jumble. I can't pick out a single note.

There was no noticeable difference between the heart and base notes on me. Just pineapples and inseparable florals. I was surprised to learn all of the individual scent notes used; I certainly couldn't pick them out.

SUN, MOON, STARS is too much of a 'busy' fragrance for me. All of the scent notes mingle together so I can't separate them. It's as though someone just mixed up several testers.

krmarich
krmarich

Sophia Grojsmans next assembly line production was for Lagerfeld. She was on a roll, nearly launching a fragrance for most major houses! Yes, it was a little darker and very familiar. It always seemed like autumn and chilly night and had a great TV spot. Its a deep, rich romantic composition that makes anything produced today pale in comparison.

Ah, the 1990s were sparkling at this point...Its hard to believe it was just 20 years ago that the industry was so potent!

Tsugumi_
Tsugumi_

Sophia Grojsman who did the Eternity of CK just auto-quoted herself with another-but-the-same fragrance. I have Sun Moon Stars only because it`s the copy of Eternity which I really love. So sad that one 'nose" can`t do anything original and comes back to the creation that just did 6 years before.
I prefer more Eternity not only that it has great longevity on me but because it`s the icon of one time and one era. I don`t like the copy (even if the author is the same), sorry, Herr Lagerfeld!

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

OPh yeah I remember this one!!! I remember quite liking it..I was in my teens i think lol.. a while ago now!!

katrosado
katrosado

I like this. Rose, Vanilla, jasmine is what I get on my skin. Creamy and with carnation to add a little spice (I love carnation). Not a bad reformulation IMHO. Of course this isn't the massive heady 80's scent but this is nice on it's own.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

"Floral-Oriental" my arse...It smells like marshmallows. Eventually they will come out with a "flanker" of it with the inevitable chocolate note, which they could name "S'mores". Really quite the nastiest thing I have smelt in a long time. Pure nausea.

stelladoro
stelladoro

This smelled delicious on a friend of mine and I loved it. But the dry down on me resulted in the 'gourmand' aroma of roasted peanuts. ;p So, love to enjoy it on others, can't wear it myself.

FunkyTomo

A tip for anyone wanting to buy or try SMS .... I managed to get hold of a bottle of Pure Perfume - ( pre reformulation) on ebay !!

The reformulation is OK , but not half as good as the "vintage". The original was a present when i was 16 and i loved it instantly , still do!

The "nail varnish" note people are getting has got to be the "new" version in my opinion.

The new bottles have a smooth cap and the glass is very glossy. The originals have a more matte glass and the gold top is "swirled" and not smooth.

I payed around £10 for a mini Pure perfume which is just gorgeous ! ! Id advise others to seek it out if you can , the reformulation is a poor shadow of the vintage. Watch out though because the minis come in 3 versions - 1 ) modern reformed EDT 2) vintage EDT 3) Vintage Pure Parfume . It really is worth seeking out that vintage PP !!

Yanna
Yanna

OK I got the reformulated one. It is not lush but it is still lovely, sweet and feminine. I wish it lasted a bit more. Would love to have the original not reformulated version but still like this one anyway.

pickledjo
pickledjo

I don't get the sweetness like many reviewers do on here.
On me it is a spicy floral with a hint of bergamot which dies down to a talcum powdery cleanness.

I find it mature and masculine. I can see my boyfriend borrowing this. It could definitely be used as unisex.

It is strong so you only need a little amount. Little goes a long way with this juice. I can imagine too much will be intoxicating.

The bottle is fabulous. A deep electric blue like the clear night sky.

It's definitely an autumn/winter night scent. It is too much for the daytime.
It is dark and sexy and would stand out at a restaurant or party.

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

I bought this when it first came out. Fell in love with the (frosted) bottle and decided to like the juice too...I used it for a few years, but it was a bit too sweet for me to be honest, so I gave what was left to my aunt.
It is a bit similar to Eternity, though sweeter and more powdery, if I remember correctly.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

To me its not strong or sweet at all. Just smooth. Cant detect any notes really :( but hey, i can wear it without any problems like beeing to strong o heavy or that it is to loud and is irritating ppl.
Dont think i would by a bottle of it since it is kind of weak on me :/. If i got it as a present, i would.

malia
malia

Dear LaPetite, i love it too. Have it for a long time. And to be honest i haven't worn it for a few years. But just last week i used it again, in the evening, when it was already getting dark outside with a pleasant summer breeze, and its scent put me in a smiley mood, with a lot of memories. It will always remain a piece of Sophia's art. For me it's more moon and stars ;-)

LaPetite
LaPetite

Oh ,my dear Sun Moon Stars , your name is as dreamy as your smell ,and now you're mine (got my bottle today !!! :-P ) too bad everyone hates you except me .
I don't know what's wrong with me hating scents everyone loves and reverse :-S
By the way ... I really wanted to try this one when it came out, because of the beautiful TV + magazine ads , the name and the bottle , but just like my story with Dune, i think i wasn't ready for it wayback , and was dispointed with it .(I was just 14 when it came out ) Years later , i gave her another chance , and started liking her , but she became hard to find .
Recently , i had the opportunity to buy a bottle on the web with a very interresting discount , i had to get mine !
Just tried it again today (many years i hadn't) and i HAVE to upgrade it to LOVE !!! It is sweet , yet mysterious , fruity , yet unsual , magical !
Like most of the Sophia Grojsman's scents , you feel the warmth , the generosity of its author.
Better on cold days / nights , and only 2 or 3 sprays are necessary to enjoy it.

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

This was a present from my brother for my 13th birthday. At the time, the scent was far too strong and masculine for my pre-pubecent nose but I kept it for sentimental value. Now, 4 years later I returned to the smell and although I like it a little bit more, I feel it would be more suited to an older woman. Who knows, maybe i'll return to it in another 5 or so years and love it...

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I liked this, but I love vanilla, so that should probably be taken into account when weighing the value of my opinion on this one!
Half the fragrance notes in this disappeared on me, the opening was a pretty freesia with some great fruity notes of peach and hints of pineapple and mandarin. Then the watery lotus softened the fruit and with the milky rice blended into a lovely jasmine before succumbing to a woody vanilla. Thank God no dry geranium or hated lily of the valley. This is a little bit sweet, but not a sickly off-putting sweet.

Louw
Louw

I loved this fragrance when it first came out - and I even thought the bottle was pretty at the time.

Not so keen on the bottle these days, but I still think the fragrance is gorgeous - lashings of really strong Heliotrope and Vanilla, so it's very sweet and quite heavy and ideal for evening use.

Alas, things change and it's too heavy for me to wear these days, and gives me a headache. I can always spot it on other people, though, and it's just divine!

It's a bit ago I tested this, but I thought back then it's quite nice. I wouldn't buy it for me, but I gave it successfully away as a present.

passionata20

Ladies as i wrote before (scroll down for my previous review) this one is available nowdays only in reformulation which is very far from original formulation. See the description how to detect original and reformulation. Nowdays formula by Coty prestige parfums smells like "Eternity" by Calvin Klein but with more fruits in it. Very artifical smell. But the original version is sweet fruity rose scent. Very delightful. So please don´t charge based on the awful reformulation, try the original formula and you´ll understand what the fuss is about.
If you can´t get a big bottle of original formula, try the minis of pure perfume widely available on ebay. They are all in original formula.

P.S. I have also a body lotion, though i don´t use body lotions very rarely i like to apply it when wearing the same perfume and it smells even more divine than the fragrance itself. And together they are simply gorgeous!

nickflick
nickflick

This is an opinion polarising perfume just like Lanvin Rumeur probably because of the initial nail polish smell which I happen to love. After the nail polish fades, however, there is a dominant lily of the valley instead of magnolia which Rumeur has.
The spicy vanillary drydown is gorgeous and to me makes this scent a unique,timeless masterpiece. Most suitable for evening wear in winter, though I wouldn't apply this too liberally as the florals could become too potent.

njyogachick
njyogachick

The first spritz screams "candy store"...the smell of processed, packaged sugar. The scent is heavy with artificial vanilla & heliotrope. I can see how some find it overwhelming at first...but the drydown is nice: a light floral along with a warm vanilla, amber & sandalwood. Sillage on my skin is nice, not overwhelming & I can still smell it on my skin four hours after application. I am having difficulty describing this perfume since it is has such an unusual scent & Sun Moon Stars (SMS) appears to be a polarizing fragrance. I wanted to immediately dismiss this fragrance BECAUSE of the weird initial scent, but I am beginning to think it is misunderstood. The more I wear it, the more I really dig it. I recommend this fragrance to hobbyists...they would probably have more patience to really delve into this fragrance and see its beauty. Bottles of SMS can be now found online for about $20 which is a plus.

On another note (heh), if you collect fragrance bottles, this one is quite lovely.

olga1780
olga1780

Wow, what happened to the reviews here? From raving to hating, such a contrast. I have been put off by a cheap looking bottle for a long time, but after reading the latest reviews i will just forget about it altogether...for now at least.

deeannek
deeannek

I bought this because of the oriental description. To me this not an oriental its way to sharp and floral. I like the bottle but as soon as someone wants to trade...its gone!

melbritt24
melbritt24

Bought Sun - Moon - Stars discounted online, tried it once and gave it away!

Too heady and floral for me. Gave me a headache and seemed to be a cheap smelling perfume.

junior halston
junior halston

Calvin Klein's Eternity with a large dose of vanilla that is Sun Moon Stars

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

Just received this from Fragrance.net and I am so disgusted with the smell. The perfume smells like vanilla scented fingernail polish. I immediately got a headache. I was hoping that after all these great reviews that maybe something magical would happen during the dry down....no such luck. Please sample this before buying. Please.

Sissi
Sissi

K.L Sun Moon Stars is like a strange Bird cannot decide
if i like nor love The opening has a sparkling anise
opening S.M.S has a similar Banana note stands prominent
Like D&G's Sicily but it's doesn't give an syrupy
cloying effect like Sicily; Sun Moon Stars is dried and
more ozonic touch; Red Orchids swim around juicy Peach
Gives an Intoxicating Aroma airy Freesia dries with a
dreamlike and lucent feel closes the top layer.
Heliotrope similar to the scent of Vanilla opens
the Heart of Sun Moon Stars; Rain soaked Narcissus
Gives out a darkly sweet scent almost like a mystery
The Drydown turns sweet with Vanilla which dominates
the other notes from the base seems to drown them
a bit but i can dectect a faint amount of Amber.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Another Sophia Grojsman gem. My signature scent. I'll always love it. Sun Moon Stars is gentle, graceful, romantic, elegant, calm, delicate, magical, mysterious, innocent, sweet, sensual and delightfully feminine. One Fragrantica's reviewer commented "a fairytale in a bottle" - nicely put!

Many of the negative reviews here mention a nail polish remover smell that turns them off. I say, give it a chance - the drydown is so lovely!

Years ago I was subliminally seduced by the advertising - an ethereal Darryl Hannah in the moonlight - that image makes me feel that Sun Moon Stars is dreamy and transports you to a far away place. But the fragrance lives up to it's marketing - it really IS dreamy, and it does take me away... I wear it at bedtime, where it makes me feel surrounded by a comforting blanket of soothing sweetness and transports me to dreamland.

In the opening there is fruitiness from the orange and pineapple, but it's subtle. Peach is listed as a main note in Fragrantica, but I don't smell it at all. I get a whiff of the orange blossom, which I love. The florals are a delightful blend of sweet, fresh and intoxicating. Sun Moon Stars becomes creamier and absolutely delicious after a few hours on my skin, with the basenotes (a high quality gourmet vanilla especially) warming things up.

I LOVE the way I smell when I wear it, and constantly inhale and sniff myself ("like a dog", my husband says - ha, ha!). It lasts long (6 hours+). I will always want to have this one around. The spherical midnight blue bottle with the bas-relief sun, moon and stars and gold cap is gorgeous, and suits the fragrance perfectly. When I hold the bottle to the light, it turns turquoise...magical!

P.S.: Just read the review by passionata20, who says the original with the spiral cap is 10 times better than the newer version - now I want very badly to try the original version! If anyone has it and want to trade, please let me know.

topolina
topolina

Fairytale in a bottle..

Aureliev
Aureliev

C'est vrai que Sun moon & stars a un petit air d'eternity, probablement dû à la présence d'oeillet. C'est un parfum assez costaud, un vrai sillage, peu porté avec un fond santal vanillé assez joli. J'aime le porter de temps à autres même si une fois fini mon flacon il est peu probable que je le rachète.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A rich, spicy, sweet, floral & fruity fragrance...

This is a very unique scent. It also takes me back to when I was younger... I fell in love with the beautiful bottle then, captivated by the celestial design. But not only is this fume pretty on the outside, it's pretty on the inside too!

There is a tropical sweetness that I like that finishes into a sexy, warm, amber vanilla drydown.

And if you were in a line up of 100 women... you'd be the only one wearing it!

Good stuff!

LIN
LIN

After reading all this Reviews
i just had to get this lovely bottle to check by myself what it's all about. for my surprise i found a scent that is similar to the CK ETERNITY. i have to say that they are very alike, and no, this perfume is not that sweet and heavy like i imagined it to be from the Reviews i read.. it even has a kind of flowery softness in it. again, very ETERNITY like, to my nose...nothing to die for, but nice!

I agree with Sofia totally, linking this one to Angel! When I was younger I had this one already and it always triggered an Angel feeling, although the perfumes are not really the same. I love this one!

*sophi*
*sophi*

A sweet dream...feminine ,juicy and lasting!
An oriental vanilla like a light Angel ...a more powdery one..
A moonlight at a clear winter sky...this scene describes this characteristic Sophia's Grosjman creation!

floriana
floriana

This is amazing scent. Thick, strong and unique mix of jasmin and fresia. Smells intoxicating and pure in the same time.
For my opinion isn't too sweet or fruity. Just heady, like blooming jasming bush in the warm nights.
Creamy and powdery, reminds me on blue velvet.

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

Absolutely fell back in love with this perfume! I first received a sample of this perfume in1995 in a Freshman college goodie bag. It brought me back to those days of walking around campus and having boys say "you smell so good." Recently I was doing a search on another site and they were having a sell on Sun Moon Stars...cheap too! (Less than $20 for 3.3Oz.) I just had to get it! This is now my signature scent and it at first spray smells of jasmine, carnation, and musk...then dies to a light fruity-floral. It does have staying power of at least 8-9 hours.

passionata20

I think this was my first western (i am from former USSR) perfume ever when i was a schoolgirl! Remeber i had the empty miniature of this perfume (i don´t remember from where) and fell in love with this one right away!. Even though it was empty, it smelled gorgeous and i used to pour some water inside and then pretend it was perfume and dab it onto my skin. And it smelled!!!
Recently i bought 100ml edt and was bit dissapointed, the scent has been changed a bit, it is now a very light and watery. I don´t know maybe it is not an origianl, so i found a pure perfume of this and want to buy it, so i can bring back childhood memories. It is truly unique scent that firstly surprise you with floral-fruity outburdt and then becomes so soft and feminine. Sweet notes that appear first then become not that dominanat and it becomes more fresh and modern.
Give it a try!

UPDATE: I have been in doubts whether my bottle is original or not until today, when i recieved a tester bottle of the ORIGINAL ONE! Now i now that the one i had already is either fake or just a reformulation, since they are completly 2 different bottles and fragrances. both are 100ml EDT, but the "reformulated" scent is like the original one but only 10 times distilles with water. Very weak and nothing of the richness of the "original" one. The original bottle is matte, not shiny as on the picture above and the lid has spirale on it, not completly polished. The sticker on the bottom is very big and perfume made by "Parfums Internalional parfums Lagerfeld" while the "reformulated" is made by "Coty Prestige". Wish you could smell the difference between those two. And almost all that are on sale on internet shops are "reformulated"! I have bought mine on strawberrynet.com this summer and it is "reformulated". So i was right in my doubts. I have sprayed both onto my both wrists and while the "original" still lasts and developes, the "reformulated" is completly lost it´s variety and just a typical cheap smell, that has some notes in common, but nothing more.
If you comare boxes then "original one is made of firm paper with shiny golden letters and KL on the top of the box, while "reformulated" is made of flexible thinner paper with yellow letters, not golden. That is also a difference to notice when you buy those. And of course the production company, mentioned above.
BEWARE!!

i like the strong smell of powdery sandlewood in this. it dries down into a very sultry light musk/spice scent. i've always like it. the bottle is cute too.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I got a bottle of this when I started getting interested in perfumes. I thought it was a fragrance for the more mature women, quite powdery and a not too cloying floral, but now 10 years later I think it is boring. Nice bottle. You're not going to offend anyone by wearing this one.

Cheryl5406
Cheryl5406

This perfume could gag a cat - so strong and not in a good way. I never smell any of the listed notes because I have to wash it off before it permeates the universe. Don't know how my mom could stand this one but it was one of her favs...

gabileana
gabileana

Bought this online as I thought a Lagerfeld creation had to be gorgeous. And at the first sniff I said to myself" Oh no, too sweet for my taste" although I love sweet perfumes. The good part is that the rose and freesia seem to vanish after a few minutes, leaving behind a beautiful base of musk and vanilla, which is so amazing that I can't stop sniffing my wrist. Wonderful fragrance and soooooo longlasting!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Tried this once in a thrift store, that ought to tell you something, nobody wanted it and neither did i. I could not get past just the cap let alone put it on my skin. Oh my, not ever!

Eleiria
Eleiria

Love it!
I bought it unsniffed trusting the good comments here and I'm so glad I did. Some reviews said it smelled like 90s and I strongly agree. This is soo 90s. And soo good!

Sun, Moon, Stars opens up with a burst of peach, bergamot and rose. I don't like rose smell in general and the rose here smells just like rose water, this is the only downside of the fragrance for me. Then flowers come and join the party and the perfume becomes a lovely, striking, warm, sexy and a wrapping scent that I can't stop sniffing myself. Though there is a certain metallic note -responsible for the 90s effect- I think it's easily ignorable. Perfume is really sweet, but it's not like a child's candy, doesn't make you feel like you've fallen headfirst into a candy barrel; it's more like eating an oriental aromatic milky dessert and drinking a sweet wine with it.

As time passes, the fragrance becomes more and more seductive, yet it's not an in-your-face effort, it's really subtle and elegant. There's a very distinct mystical air (probably because the drydown resembles tea), it brings to my mind a beautiful, warm autumn night of indigo blue under the moon, with a light breeze blowing, a woman with a mask comes out to a ivy-covered stony balcony of a great old-fashioned building, her hair and long dress flowing around. There's nice, distant echoes of music coming from the masquerade inside. The woman takes off her mask, she has a mischievous impression on her face, and she inhales deep to smell the intoxicating flowers down in the garden, smiling to herself, happy for living such a beautiful night. There's a man in the shadows watching her, he's trying to understand her impression and why her eyes are shining so... Ok, I'm lost in the story :)) But really, only a scene like this can describe the unique sweet scent that is both romantic and full of life.

Also, what's best about Sun, Moon, Stars is that it's different than what you can find in the market these days. The bottle is also awesome. The fragrance's lasting power is really good too; though I reapply it in a few hours to refreshen the fruitiness.

Considering all the things I said, I ask this: What more one can ask of a fragrance? The rest is up to the wearer :)

saprophilous
saprophilous

Smells like tons of fruit. Not an awful scent, but too sweet for me. I do like the unique almost tea-like end.

guest_LeeLee

I'm discovering new things about this fragrance each time I wear it. And weather and layered body products definitely change its conmposition and interaction on my skin. That may affect many user's experiences. It's a crisp Autumn day in the Pacific Northwest and I just layered this over almond shower gel and body creme...I am in utter heaven. It tempers the fruitiness, but there is still a hint of it there. Not so overwhelming now. It blends well, and the warmth against my skin is comforting. It is like my body is enveloped in a magical, lush cashmere scarf. Matches the changing leaves...

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Sun Moon Stars is a perfectly apt name for this lovely perfume.

It is a red and purple scent at the same time with the white note of rice brilliantly yummy in the middle.

For me the peach, rice, pineapple, and the freesia dominate the top notes. The addition of rice, I think, is what made this perfume incredibly unique and almost edible from the first spritz.

The heart is sweet floral notes lead by heady carnation and true jasmine.

The sandalwood and vanilla in the base notes make a gourmand finish.

Sillage and projection is excellent. You also may need to go light on the dose since it is a very strong scent. With this perfume, you WILL be noticed!

Make sure to test first to ensure skin chemistry since it is quite the rich olfactory coctail.

I see this as a "special occasion" or "romantic" perfume rather than everyday/general/office use.

Enjoy this rare beauty! :o)

Passionflower
Passionflower

I just bought this at first whiff today. I love the scent, got the EDT, but the staying power is surprisingly good. As I kept smelling it, I was wondering what it reminded me of, and now I know. It smells very similar to Eternity by Calvin Klein, another favourite of mine. And guess what, they have both been made by Sophia Grojsman. The dry down is different from Eternity though, Sun, Moon, Stars smells cleaner and a bit softer. It's got a lot of the same ingredients, but some are different. I've compared the two fragrances on my hands, and Eternity is more fresh and less warm than SMS. Nevertheless, to me they are very very similar... funny how you tend to stick to the things you like!

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Sun Moon Stars is a great scent for the cold season.
It is a strong scent and a little goes a long way.
I find that it smells like like an unfinished version of Sotto Voce so it was no surprise to find out that the same perfumer developed both scents.

Tane4ka
Tane4ka

I was brave enough to buy this unsniffed and I don’t regret. It isn’t bad at all as a lot of people here said. I don’t find it that synthetic either and there is definitely nothing like L’Oreal’s hairspray.

When you first spray it on it is a bit strong but then it develops into creamy fruity/floral vanilla. There is something edible about it, like a home baked pie or biscuits maybe. It’s not overwhelming or overly sweet, it is just pleasant and inviting and is ideal for casual wear to me. I imagine sitting by the fireplace wearing this. It is cosy, comforting and sophisticated at the same time. Perfect for cold and miserable weather.

I agree it is a different scent to most out there. Unfortunately, I found the lasting power isn’t that great on me, about 4 hours, but I still like this fragrance and the price too.

aromaminx
aromaminx

hello all lovers of distinct perfumes.wearing this you will not smell like anyone else in a group.reading the above reviews it appears that most fall into the LOVE or HATE camp.not very many in middle.
personally i am well entrenched in the LOVE camp,and the bottle absolutely soooooooooo sooooooooo cute
buy a bottle and really give it a chance

guest_ANGEL

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE.PURE VANILA AND HELIOTRO.

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!PURE VANILA AND HELIOTROPE

Calyx
Calyx

Here is a rough translation of guest_perla_70's review:

This perfume has been for many years the one that identifies me.

Its notes are exquisite. It has good staying power, a beautiful bottle, and a mystical quality.

Simply put, I love it!

guest_PERLA_70@HOTMAIL.COM
guest_PERLA_70@HOTMAIL.COM

ESTA HA SIDO POR MUCHOS AN~OS LA FRAGANCIA QUE ME IDENTIFICA.
ES DE NOTAS EXQUISITAS, BUEN FIJADOR, HERMOSA BOTELLA, MISTICA!

SIMPLEMENTE, ME ENCANTAQ!

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

I wasn't yet in high school when this first came out, but a couple of years later, my close friend began wearing this whenever we went to parties. My memory of it: Heavy, sultry and sweet and upon a much later testing, I still stand by that; it has an ambery, vanilla and maple-syrup stickiness to it, that's smoothed over by a sheer freesia and solar musk which keeps it from getting too sweet. Despite the listing of notes, I'd swear I smell some tonka bean, coffee and saffron in it, but maybe I'm just picking-up a particularily heady carnation note. "Sun, Moon, Stars" is sweet but sheer, lush and spicy and it almost feels like a preliminary to Theirry Mugler's "Alien" and Viktor & Rolf's "Flowerbomb"; however, "Alien" has the addition of a cool, almost benzoin-like note that keeps it from drying-down into something that smells too sweet, while "Sun, Moon, Stars" dries-down to an almost burnt sugar smell. Not unpleasant, but definitely something that dates it to the 90's (to me, metallic-citrus-florals, like "CK ONE" and "Sunflowers" and maple-syrup-caramel blends, like "Lolita Lempicka" and "Sun, Moon, Stars" say "90's"---not that this is particularily a bad thing, since fragrance thrives on nostalgia). Anyhow, if you like spicy-vanilla and white floral blends, you'll probably enjoy "Sun, Moon, Stars".

falovalo
falovalo

The name is lovely, the bottle is beautiful, it's too bad that the fragrance leaves a bit to be desired. I get heavy notes of carnation and not much else.

Sun Moon Stars is a very heavy fragrance with great sillage. I think this would appeal to those who like their fragrances to make a statement.

I really really loved Daryl Hannah in the ad of Sun Moon Stars. I found her equally beautiful to Frederique van der Wal in the Ad of Maroussia. I am not that much into paying attention to the marketing of perfumes, but these ladies certainly worked for me alright!

guest_LeeLee

I couldn't bear this when I was younger in the 90s. Somehow, I passed by it today and sprayed it on my hand and fell under a spell. It was intoxicating to me. Sweet but not in an obvious way that floral fruity types are. Velvety on me. Very warm.

guest_sugarycandy
guest_sugarycandy

I've got my 100 ml bottle today and it's really great! At first a bit strange, but then it gets to a creamy little thing. It lasts long without being in your face. Such amazing!

hapa
hapa

This is a fragrance that has finally entered my collection. It was a gift (thank you!) and one that was happily received.

I remember the ad campaign in the 90s and tried it several times but never bought it. Probably because I was very addicted to White Musk and Ananya from The Body Shop at the time. Fast forward 15 years and I have rediscovered this at Boots. Everytime I sprayed it, I just wasn't convinced but kept going back to try it again. This isn't a fragrance I would normally be attracted to because it is rather sweet and floral but is not overwhelmingly so.

The initial blast of this is cloying, strong and synthetic. After just a few minutes the carnation and vanilla surface enveloped by heliotrope. The vanilla is crisp and clean, like a true vanilla, and the floral and fruity notes make it very pleasant. I'm unable to detect the musk at all but think I will try layering this with Kiehl's musk oil becauseI think they would go together fabulously!

This is to me a nice, light warm weather fragrance that is mostly sweet and innocent with a little bit of sex spliced through it to give it an edge but not make it edgy.

Try it a few times and see if you don't find yourself buying a bottle!

I tried this with the Kiehl's Musk Oil and it was fabulous. It was the most pleasant mix of florals with musk. Highly recommend!

This is another misunderstood Lagerfeld masterpiece! This one though I loved for decades, no getting used to this one for me. It was bingo from the start!
Complex & high quality and I agree with the review here beneath, quite dreamy! My personal happier sister to Angel!
A.

Lexxii
Lexxii

My dad gave my mom this for one of their anniversaries. I think it smells very elegant on her- I think it's good for bold confident women.

chi_chi
chi_chi

this is very dreamy for me. i like it during cold days and i even wear this before i go to bed on rainy nights. it's too strong so i just put a little.

lizzykay
lizzykay

A dog's breakfast of notes and the bottle is a bit gimmicky but the fragrance works very well. Sweet and adorable. Maybe best for a younger person. Dries down to something more sophisticated and lasts very well. I don't notice the fruity notes much - which I find a good thing and it does smell a bit artificial at first but then the classy drydown and good sillage - still floral and some nice basenotes too.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I bought this when it came out - before I was aware of things like 'notes' in perfume. Then I just bought something because it was new and I liked the bottle - well, I was young and foolish! Nowadays presented with this list of ingredients I think I might not even give it a sniff! And what a lovely fragrance I would have missed - smelling it now I get a lot more lovely cedar, incense and vanilla than pineapples, peaches and daffodils - thank god!

kittymoon
kittymoon

I like the top and middle notes but it turns too soapy for me. I just compared the ingrediences with Dior Addict because I remember a slight similarity but only a few components are in boths. Maybe the ones I pick up on most. Anyway, this is not for me.

I really am surprised so many people not liking this. I like this one even more than Angel. When I was younger I would see them as sisters in a way. But this one just is more my style, it does not have the depressing effect like Angel sometimes has.

The_Entity
The_Entity

best worn in the evening, sweet, intense and alluring

karlee79
karlee79

love this scent, it sweet and cotton candy mixed with fizzy grape.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I bought that one without trying it first (I do that all the time:-) and it was well worth it. I bought a 30ml bottle to try and now i bought 100ml as it became my favourite.
It states it is oriental floral but for some reason to me - it smells more like oriental vanilla. It is not heavy, I wore it at summer as well as winter and it was fine, did not cause any headache.
It is a great fragrance getting me into right mood on a cold, dark morning. In my opinion it would suit a woman of any age really.
Universal and has an extraordinary lasting power :-)

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Sun, Moon & Stars is a sweet delicate splendor to wear. I smell orange blossom, peach, carnation, vanilla & just a little bit of Jasmine. Reminscent of young motherhood.I had this in the mid-90's when my kids were still young. Whenever I smell this it reminds me of my sweet little blue eyed kids smiling and laughing at the table. Memories of the honeysuckle that grew wild in front of the house wafting in the breeze and my kids sitting at the table preparing to do their homework eating gummy bears candy while I baked sugar cookies for the Friday cookie swap at school. Ahhhh such sweet memories. My kids may be grown now but I still have those memories every time I spritz my Sun, Moon & Stars. Thank you Nathalie for bringing those wonderful memories back.

I love this perfume very much. You can recognize it as a Grosjman very easy.
Good luck!

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Since I found this in the discounted section of a department store, I assumed that this one must have well passed its expiry date cause I was hit with a sharp, metallic odour much akin to bleach or nail polish remover.
I guess Im not the only one who had a bad experience with this.

The flacon really did capture my heart, but it would have been silly just to by the perfume how its looks.

azuriiita
azuriiita

I am totally agree with Malegria... Its synthetic... I must to say: like a L'oreal's hair-spray. Suffocating at beginning and very synthetic at the end YET!

Malegria
Malegria

To me it smells sweet and slightly nauseating.
It is a strange perfume, starts off really strong and I thought for a while it has ylang ylang in it, then instead of calming down it becomes even stronger, and then in an hour it settles as a scent of a nail polish remover; though the bottle is gorgeous I don`t think I can wear it...too synthetic, and not in a pleasant way.

moonflower143
moonflower143

ive seen a mini of this in a department store, so i bought one to try it..im not good in giving reviews..and not good in words and not good in defining the floral/spice/fruity...but i agree that its neither just floral/spicy/fruity..its more of a combination of little floral,little spicy and little fruity..its really a unique perfume its strong but not loud, in fact its subtle on my skin...and last quite a long time too which is the main aspect i love in a fragrance...i would get a bigger bottle next time..:-)

glitteralex
glitteralex

I gave this perfume an honest re-try. Five years ago, seduced by the packaging, and sure KL could never produce anything bad, I bought a bottle blind. Sadly, I could hardly wear it; the aldehydes brought tears to my eyes. So, on a cool September day, I tried again. Despite more perfume experience, and a greater appreciation of scents I may not personally "like", I still have to say this is one of the most atrocious uses of Heliotrope ever. Although the fragrance notes officially list the ingredient Heliotrope, the oil from the flower of the plant by the same name, in most contemporary commercial fragrances the synthetic Heliotropin is used, to impart a cherry pie effect. In SMS, the Heliotropin dominates the entire composition. In particular, its combination with Orange Blossom creates a high-pitched and dusty mess. Strange that one of my favorite perfumes, Lou Lou by Cacharel, is built around these same two notes, but framed far better.

moonruby
moonruby

A strong blast that leaves a lingering stale scent, but the bottle is really something to admire.

LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

It is true, if you don´t want to smell like any other woman, try this! I bough it from net parfumery and I am very confused....too strong and rich, I can´t stand it :( Have to give it as a gift...

xmarie
xmarie

I had this perfume and th smell is spectacular, the bottle is a jewell!!:)

Malibu

SUN, MOON, STARS is something I remember my Mum owning when I was younger, so I couldn't resist testing it when I saw some on display recently.
SUN, MOON, STARS apllies with fruits-a-plently, but I now find it sickly rather then edible as I used to.

The staying power is good & the navy bottle is engraved with a sun, moon and stars, and is so lovely (but I remember the bottle as being glass, but now it's plastic).
Plus, it's rather inexpensive to buy; a 30ml bottle will set you back £9.99 at Superdrugs.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

I find the beginning not very harmonious - overly sweet and candy-like. The drydown is more agreeable but still somehow synthetic. The best thing about this frag is the bottle.

allexa27
allexa27

when i first had it i couldnt stand it,i got sick of it and i gave it away.It was during winter.But noooooow i re- found it for myself.Now during the summer i fall in love it with.It is like another fragranse,totally different from this that i had before.Now i love it and i cant stop using it...especially during summer evenings.It is very sweet and misterious.i am so happy!

Story
Story

It is a pretty scent, smells expensive and modern, the midnight blue bottle is a good fit for the scent, I picture it accessorizing a Lagerfeld dress. If it only it wasn't so strong.... To me, it does tend to suck the air out of the room. Half a drop is more than enough.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

Intoxicating but delicate. A very elegant scent, perfect for winter and cold days.
The bottle is cute, in dark blue with sun, moon and stars shapes.
Long lasting and not very expensive, I love it!

mellybee
mellybee

All I can smell is the carnation, it has got a nice bottle though.

eskarina62
eskarina62

A perfect example of how tastes change
Never used to like it before
Now, when I got it as a present...
I simply loved it....
Very sexy, mature, inviting...
My friend's daughter - aged 10- loved it too...
So I would agree with Kimberly that it is a love/hate relationship...

veruska
veruska

The bottle is cute.My mom wore it back then but i never like it much. To put it straight is rather impressive but only if you smell it by far. Too close and it loses proportion.It starts all peaches and bergamot and then it smells as an exotic multicoloured orchid and fat jasmine. The worst part again is the drydown , a very synthetic sandalwood.

Lolly007
Lolly007

Es ist ein sehr schöner Winterduft.
Anfangs etwas stark, dann nach kurzer Zeit aber sehr schön harmonisch und langanhaltend im Duft.

It is a very beautiful winter smell.
At the beginning of somewhat strongly, then after short time however very beautifully harmoniously and long lasting in the smell.

kimberly
kimberly

Love/hate...Ok, first scent is ick! But then it dries down to a very nice combo of the base notes. If you can make it through the first spray and can take waiting 15 minutes, you will like the end result.

d dolce vitta
d dolce vitta

I,m very sad because, is not anymore in Mexico.
This is an original scent, dont smell like "others" i mean... only "sun, moon, stars" can do it!!
A lovely bottle, so mistic.

carito
carito

I used it some years ago...while studying at university..i always got compliments...i think it is not sweet ..nor floral..but it is elegant..and mysterious

BelleBeryl
BelleBeryl

love the bottle love the scent very fragrant heavenly mystic

PR
PR

aargh..awful. Soo strong and heavy..didin't smell anything at first( well, it is for about an hour) I thought it is just scented alcohol, while settles down you may detect something more, but anyway couldn't stand it. Sun Moon Stars reminds me very much couple of fragrances I had in my teens. Staying power amazing, 4 hours on it smells almost like freshly sprayed.

tigrrrlily
tigrrrlily

Aw, I liked the bottle! but I was quite the hippie as a kid. This was a nice scent, better a few hours after.

hena a
hena a

too sweet. quite strong for my liking. drydown is much much better.

Sun Moon Stars by Karl Lagerfeld 3.27 out of 5 based on 903 ratings and 177 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Karl Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Karl Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sun Moon Stars by Karl Lagerfeld. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sun Moon Stars by Karl Lagerfeld represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.