Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Live Colorfully Kate Spade for women
dislike

coconut
Live Colorfully Kate Spade for women Pictures

Kate Spade is launching a new fragrance in April 2013. The fragrance is named Live Colorfully. Previous perfumes of the house include Kate Spade from 2003 and Twirl from 2010. Live Colorfully is a fragrance made in-house that marks the 20th anniversary of the brand.

Poppy King, consultants Fabrice Penot and Edouard Roche and Firmenich perfumers worked on developing this new perfume. It opens with accords of sparkling mandarin, pink water lily and star anise. Its exotic heart is made of tiare flower, golden gardenia and coconut water. The base captures notes of sheer amber, musk and vanilla from Tahiti.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Mandarin Orange Water Lily Star Anise

Tiare Flower Gardenia Coconut

Amber Musk Tahitian Vanilla

Beachy
Live Colorfully Gold

Live Colorfully Fragrance Reviews

I get lilies and sugary vanilla. It's very very sweet on me, with a hint of lily of the valley scented dolls. It's not a bad scent, but it seems a little childlike and sweetly, sugary couquetish for my tastes.

kikinha
kikinha

On my skin it's basically a watery version of Lancome Poeme. I used to love that fragrance, it is just way too strong for warm weather and day. In that case, I would def. buy this one to wear during warm months and day. Would keep cozy, warm and remarkable Poeme for cold weather and nights!

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

This fragrance is paradoxical to me... It's supposed to be a colorful fragrance, and yet nearly every note in it is something white. White flowers, white coconut, white vanilla... White, white, white! This fragrance would have been better named "Smothering White Floral Cloud."

rockegg
rockegg

This is full color all right. It starts with the colors of Hawaiian flowers. Then those blow away and we see the colors of a cozy kitchen with cookies baking. To me the transition is too great.

EYEDEA
EYEDEA

Scent suggests it's a very nice Spring time scent. On me, the opening smells like a bouquet of fresh white flowers with a bit of playfulness and it remains like that for hours, longer if sprayed on clothing. Live Colorfully reminds me so much of one of the Gucci Floras which I got rid of because it made me nauseated but unlike the latter, this scent isn't overpowering.

kirtylou
kirtylou

If you're a fan of white florals, especially gardenia, this might be the fragrance for you. Gardenia and tiare are my two favorite flowers in the white floral family, but overall I'm not a huge fan of white florals. This also kind of reminds me of TokyoMilk Dark's La Vie La Mort, but stronger, so if you're into that, maybe try this out.

Debshee

Wasn't crazy over this at first but decided to give it another try. Very strong if you're not careful. Lasts maybe 4 hours on my skin, but still very noticeable on clothes after 7 hours and it stays more like the opening which is my favorite part. No one seemed offended by it, yet it's strong enough that I caught whiffs of it throughout the day. Will try it out a few more times, but I think this is going to be in my collection. It's sweet but has enough tartness to keep it interesting and different from all of the sugarbombs on the market.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is fun, upbeat, high energy, and will put a spring into your step!

I have been discovering the "Dressing Your Truth" categories of Carol Tuttle's book by that name, and I went up to a fragrance sales associate and asked for them to guide me in a fragrance that would have "Type One" Energy... which is the energy that I first described with these adjectives.

I asked for a fragrance that would have a light-hearted, fun-type flair, similar to something that Kate Hudson would wear.

This was pretty awesome... although I'll admit, I tried it with a few other fragrances and feel that I need to sample this a bit more - to truly distinguish the notes and the dry down.

The first hour of this was heavenly! But I didn't have time to carefully analyze how this turned and lasted on my skin. It is definitely worth another sampling!

ednaenis
ednaenis

Strong and long lasting:) i love it<3

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

Meh. Starts off as a pleasant but generic white floral, but turns musty and dirty in the drydown--not a sexy or skanky dirty, but like actual dirt. I sometimes enjoy a nice earthy fragrance, but this is a very dry, dusty earth smell. Not what I want to smell like. I'll pass on this one.

This is very lovely, lively, a lush floral, but not sharp, it reminds me of Michael Kors Gold,which I own and love, Live in Colorfully is a bloom scent, feminine, not girlish or immature. It gets creamier, a bit tropical if you want in the base. I love the brightness of the scent, great to see a beautiful floral, amongst so many sweet scents!!
I felt the notes blend in like a rainbow, they intermix, on top of each other, it creates an effect of dimension in the scent. It has a natural sweetness, but it is overall floral.

Debshee

I like the opening but after 10 minutes, it's too much gardenia for my taste. Would be more accurate if Fragrantica had a 'neutral' option. I can't speak to longevity yet, but this is a strong fragrance. I managed to get out two tiny dribble sprays from a defective sample (3 pumps for each small dribble; not a full spray). After 10 minutes, it still seems very strong and I'm considering washing it off. This should be a great value as you can use a tiny amount.

Beautiful! I did not see the notes ahead of time and had no idea what to expect. From the pretty little bottle, I thought it might be the latest fresh-n-fruity concoction. Instead I was pleasantly surprised by a voluptuous, tender, slightly green gardenia and some other white flower blended with a spirit dose of coconut. I have been bored with mainstream perfumes for some time, but this was such a delightful and impressive surprise. It reminded me very much of Matin d'Orage by Annick Goutal but probably half the price. I think I like this better! I almost never buy white florals, but this might be the nicest gardenia perfume since Marc Jacobs Essence, my all-time gardenia favorite. Please try this if you love gardenia. It really pays homage to the flower.

Shone
Shone

To me, this is Hawaii in a bottle. It smells exactly like the plumeria lei that I purchased upon arriving on the Big Island. I wore that lei all week. It smelled fresh and creamy, beautiful. The notes in this don't mention plumeria, somehow though, the mix of notes listed are bang on yellow plumeria flower. Brings fantastic memories every time I put it on. :)

Cynthia777
Cynthia777

a unique fresh floral fragrance- perfect for spring/summer. I love this. It is so fresh and crisp yet warm and scintillating. The touch of coconut gives a nice flare to the goden gardenia and mandarin.

celebrity89
celebrity89

From Kors to Kardashian, do we really need another cloying gardenia? The freshest and the best is still Yves Rocher Pur Desir Gardenia.

sashaineurope
sashaineurope

Too many white flowers. According to my taste it is a cheap smell, quite cloying and unfortunately with a strong lasting power. Reminds me of many people walking around in clothes with a strong laundry detergent smell.

jdyblk7
jdyblk7

I just ordered this perfume from Nordstroms. I absolutlely LOVE IT! It is sublime to say the least. I usually wear the original Marc Jacobs in the spring, but I am now truly hooked on this fragrance.

Yiyiblue
Yiyiblue

dryer sheets.

shoreshells
shoreshells

Hi everyone! Just received my Kate Spade, New York, Live Color Fully. Since I smelled it in a magazine last month, I couldn't wait to try it on, unfortunately I could only purchase it in N.Y.C. Nodstroms, so I'd have to wait. Thank goodness they have a purse size roller of the fragrance for a very reasonable price. I was hesitant about trying out a perfume I only smelled from paper; but I liked it so much I bought the roller-ball size. I just received it and am so pleased to say I love it! I'm past twenty,thirty etc., but I still like to live my life "color fully" and the perfume brought me happy memories and even more happier memories to come. It encompasses all the joy spring/summer should include; and those dreams and sultry cold winter days and evenings too. If you haven't tried it yet, do so. Soon it'll be available everywhere and everyone will be spritzing it to, but don't let that stop you. Perfume is meant to be personal and the one person it should please the most, is you!

Noctiflorous
Noctiflorous

I always have trouble finding a perfume that fits my personality. I generally like fruity scents, but most fruity perfumes are too immature and sickly sweet. I have been searching for a scent that is young, fun, and girly, but without sacrificing sophistication.

I found it!

Kate Spade is one of my favorite brands, and I have been anxiously anticipating this fragrance. The idea of a scent that starts out with citrus and gardenia (I am a sucker for citrus) and ends with warm, sweet vanilla really peaked my interest.

This fragrance really doesn't fall into any of the main categories. It is fruity and fresh, but also floral. On top of that, it has sensual vanilla and amber! It defies the law of perfume, but it does so brilliantly.

I highly suggest wearing it for a day, because the scent changes like a kaleidoscope. A beautiful, unique, delicious kaleidoscope!

xo

alanav09
alanav09

a little too flowery for my taste. I received the sample (didnt put it on). Smelled pure gardenia coming off the strip, though. anyone who likes 'pure' clean florals will love this!

spicetiger
spicetiger

When I first put this on, the aquatic nature of the scent really threw me off; it almost smelled like watermelon. But after a few hours it mellowed out to the most beautiful gardenia and amber combination. While I was not thrilled for the first hour I wore it, I was quite pleased with the scent for the second, third, and fourth hours. Too strong for me at first, but wonderful after I gave it a chance!

Live Colorfully by Kate Spade 3.30 out of 5 based on 102 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kate Spade Live Colorfully fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kate Spade Live Colorfully, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Live Colorfully by Kate Spade. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Live Colorfully by Kate Spade represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.