Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Live Colorfully Kate Spade for women
dislike

coconut
Live Colorfully Kate Spade for women Pictures

Kate Spade is launching a new fragrance in April 2013. The fragrance is named Live Colorfully. Previous perfumes of the house include Kate Spade from 2003 and Twirl from 2010. Live Colorfully is a fragrance made in-house that marks the 20th anniversary of the brand.

Poppy King, consultants Fabrice Penot and Edouard Roche and Firmenich perfumers worked on developing this new perfume. It opens with accords of sparkling mandarin, pink water lily and star anise. Its exotic heart is made of tiare flower, golden gardenia and coconut water. The base captures notes of sheer amber, musk and vanilla from Tahiti.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Mandarin Orange Water Lily Star Anise

Field of Flowers

Live Colorfully Fragrance Reviews

kellirae
kellirae

This is by far the most cloying perfume I have ever encountered in my life. My Lord... it's disgusting. A HUGE blast of honeysuckle is all I smell and it's STRONG. I had to change my clothing and wash my arms and neck, to try and remove it. It's still there. Hey, at least it has excellent staying power for those who love it. I don't smell any other notes but strong floral.
Gives me a stomach ache ! It's going back tomorrow.

RedFairy
RedFairy

Despite it not being listed in the notes anywhere, I get a huge honeysuckle scent from this. It was a gift and I loved the red bottle but as soon as I put it on i knew it was waaayyyy too much white floral for me. This scent literally makes me cough. Not for me, and not "colorful" at all in my opinion.

angelfishie
angelfishie

Live Colorfully is funny to me because despite its “colorful” name and very colorful bottle, it’s actually a very watery white floral with a little vanilla.

It opens aquatic-fruity, lots of coconut and water lily. It’s tropical in a poolside kind of way - a little watery, a little sunscreeny, but not all the way Coppertone. It doesn’t go full seaside like Bobbi Brown Beach or even salty like Lilly Pulizter Beachy.

After that, it blooms into big white gardenias, with a lingering trace of the tropical/aquatic tiare. The white flowers are very dominant and opaque, with a hint of vanilla keeping it on the warmer side, instead of other fresh-greeny or icy-cool gardenia scents.

Overall it’s long-lasting and sillage is moderate. It’s pure, uplifting, feminine. Simple and cheerful. Definitely a spring/summer fragrance, but might be overwhelming in intense heat.

ChloeBentley
ChloeBentley

I love this scent soooooo much! It smells very expensive.
I love collecting perfumes, and this is the only one out of all my many perfumes my husband loves. This is a sweet not sugary sweet white floral perfume.

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

For me, I smelled heavy gardenia. It's nice, but I am not such a fan of gardenia; this is definitely the dominate note. For floral fans, this is a winner!

JerZgal94
JerZgal94

I got a whole gift set of this at TJMaxx for under $50. And I sprayed it there and thought it was good. I went home, tried it on again, and it made me want to vomit. I don't get any coconut whatsoever in it. I only smell a heady gardenia citrusy scent on me. I do think this is a cold weather scent because it's so strong and spraying a lot would give off a grandma kind of vibe. Quite frankly, it's just a grandma scent in my opinion. I'm hoping to return it today, but if I can't, I'll be glad to give it away.

aqua76239
aqua76239

coconut? really?
this is so much like original Marc Jacobs scent which I happen to like. Never would have I thought it has coconut in it because I cant smell it at all. Its very airy watery white floral to me.
There is NO WAY this smells like Bronze Goddess which is very dry citrus coconut. Not even close.
Just my opinion

tameramiller
tameramiller

Very white floral. Reminds me Vera Wang Sheer Veil.

Tovah
Tovah

This starts out aquatic - very much so. Lots of water lily and lotus...but, fortunately, it turns into a beautiful, tropical brew that's uplifting and refreshing. This reminds me very much of Philosophy's discontinued Field of Flowers Peony (even though Peony isn't listed as a note...). Live Colorfully is very long-lasting and really enjoyable to wear.

Catherynne
Catherynne

For some reason unbeknownst to me or anyone else, this scent comes across as watery on me. The water lily and star anise takes center stage and don't let go. I've had it on for over an hour and no coconut and no vanilla smell. I like it because it's a watery scent that doesn't offend me sinuses.

Linaskye
Linaskye

Mmmmm...coconut and gardenia in perfect balance. I could never wear this all the time because it is indeed quite strong, but I love the way Kate Spade does white floral. I loved her first fragrance because of the authenticity of the gardenia, honeysuckle, and other flowers, and I could easily detect each one and say, "ah, there's the honeysuckle" or "ooo, there's the gardenia". Live Colorfully is the same way. I totally pick up the gardenia/tiare/coconut, and the drydown gives just the tiniest hint of amber to warm it up (I'm starting to notice as I get more into fragrance that my chemistry does not work with a lot of the common bottom notes, including amber, if they're too heavy). This one is a charmer for sure. I think I'd actually like it for a spring-into-summer timeframe. Too hot outside and it could be cloying, but too early in the spring and the coconut may feel out of place. Right now though it's winter and I'm smiling because this took me to an island for a little bit. Definitely gonna pick up a rollerball before my sample is finished.

Katssya
Katssya

I usually don't like perfume with coconut in the composition because it always reminds me the scent of tanning salons. This one is the exception. I was not totally impressed by it but was pleasantly suprised. Wearing Live Color Fully to me would be like adding that pretty hibiscus flower in your hair while looking at the turquoise Caribbean sea. What can i say ? The coconut is very well blended with the gardenia, water lily and vanilla and gives it a great fun tropical but classy vibe. Its a cute fragrance in a very pretty coral and gold bottle. The name suggest that either you have to be happy to wear this or this will make you smile and i like that. I wouldn't wear LCF during winter season and especially not here in Montreal Canada from September to May but I will probably buy a small bottle before my next trip down south or next summer since my husband loves coconut scent =)...and since its the exception =).

andabri
andabri

I got a sample of this. The sample was white florals, but a lot of waxy, creamy coconut that was basically all it morphed to in the dry down. It was really strong, I was told when I sprayed more than twice it was headache inducing, by more than one person. There was also a waxy scent that almost teetered on being a bit plastic/doll-like. Still, there was something about it I loved and wanted to buy a full bottle. I just figured I'd spray it very sparingly.

So I bought a bottle, a 50ml, and I'm so glad I did. This is one of those instances where the sample is more concentrated than what's in a full bottle (an entirely different topic to discuss, for another time). Normally such an contrast is not a good thing, but in this case, it's a great thing. The bottle is a lot gentler and softer. The white floral shows up cleaner and fresher and with an edge of aquatic that makes it smell slightly crisp. They're very gentle white florals, no indoles, but very, VERY pretty nonetheless. I love Hawaiian flowers: gardenia, plumeria, pikake, hibiscus. This says it's supposed to be gardenia and pikake, but IMO it smells closest to white plumeria with a little white lily mixed in (that crisp floral scent).

Mixed in is a very soft coconut water with a soft white vanilla. It adds a very creamy accent to the white florals that compliments them beautifully.

I'm especially happy because this is a very real coconut water scent (like breaking open a young coconut), that waxy edge I mentioned in the sample is now just like the slightly waxy smell a real coconut gives off. Coconut is one of those notes I want to love, and I've sampled a lot, A LOT of times, but it almost always ends up making me feel nauseated. This doesn't at all. This is a beachy scent for those that typically dislike/can't stand beachy scents. Doesn't turn suntan lotion or anything like that, but the waxy, creamy coconut mixed with the white florals is almost reminiscent of those types of scents.

This scent is sort of a conundrum, it's almost like a body splash, but don't let that fool you. It has very decent longevity, and it's one of those scents that is soft, but lingers, so other people catch whiffs of it from time to time, hours later, so in that sense it's strong.

It's very simple. Don't expect complexity, or some interesting unique, development. I can see how people might find this boring, or too safe. It is a safe, white floral, that people will be hard pressed to find offensive. It's simple, simple, simple, but so beautiful. I can't say it's authentic, since I think it smells most like white plumeria, which isn't even listed as a note, but it's one of the more realistic floral scents in the mainstream market. A white floral minus any indoles or affronting skankiness or even velvety lushness; it's like you've taken the very purest, gentlest, cleanest essence of the flower and dropped it into some fresh water to hold it.

SS79
SS79

Love love love this! Bought a rollerball as soon as i tried it! So yummy!

yola40
yola40

I love love this! I love the bottle, the way it smells on my skin. It has something lushly tropical on me. I am a newbie on telling what is what, Although I like what I like. I truly love good smelling stuff on me, all the time too. I spritz a little scent on my body after the shower even if I am going to bed. This is really rich and pleasantly over powerful. The bottle reminds me of a nicely wrapped present that's just for me. I will keep this as a keeper in my fragrance collection.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This is really cute! It has a warm beachy tropical vibe, tons of gardenia and waxy coconut, with a warm doll-ish vanilla that I kind of like. As a gardenia fiend I really like it, it's really girlish and fun, but I wish it had something to cut the sweetness though, I can see it being pretty cloying to actually wear in the summer time like I would want to.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

Very pretty scent. I don't see a jasmine note, but that was what I got from this. Must be the tiare and gardenia notes. I've long known that Kate Spade is after all of my money. This is just further proof.

Bouquet
Bouquet

I had such high hopes for this one. But on my skin all I get is diluted coconut water. Think I'll stick to Beachy.

kerion
kerion

I love this one. Smells very much like my Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess, the 2015 edition. I might even like it more.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I love it!!! I don't care for the name but what's inside the bottle is wonderful.If you like Michael Kors,Kai or any gardenia scent,you might like this too.I find it clear,soft,and very feminine.It definitely reminds me of the beach on a breezy sunny day.Lovely!

mikasaackerman
mikasaackerman

Keyword:Sweetness

Kate Spade came out with this fragrance that is sweet and peppy. It has a citrusy flower smell to it that is very nice and floral. Some compare it to gardenias, I think of oranges and citron.

arenee92
arenee92

I cannot get over how much I love this fragrance. I smelled it in a magazine and fell in love. I went out and purchased it the next day.

It's bright and cheerful. It smells like the beach. Be prepared to be slapped in the face with the smell of happiness. It smells like beautiful sunshine, warm air on your skin, beautiful butterflies floating on by. A perfect spring/summer fragrance, but also perfect for every day, whenever. The gardenia stands out to me the most, but not overly-so, just beautifully. More floral than fruity, but I just find this to be so well done, and I'm so glad to have this!

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I was surprised at how much I liked this. It was just like burst of happy. :)
It is not something that I would purchase, nor normally wear, but I think if you are looking for a sweet, floral, fruity, happy, "safe" and pleasant scent, this would fit the bill.
I don't smell a lot of gardenia in here, personally, & I certainly don't think this is going to win any Fifi awards or make a huge impression on anyone, but it is a lovely day time scent that is feminine and clean smelling. The vanilla does warm it up a bit & make it a bit more mature than a lot of the fruity-florals I usually smell & I would say if you enjoy any of perfumes in the Givenchy Irrisistable line, or Amor Amor by Cacharel, or the Juicy Couture fragrances, you will like this. :)
Cheers!

Michylaka
Michylaka

So I got a sample from Nordstrom that I tried yesterday and I love this. I love the tropical femininity of it. I was raised in Hawaii and this certainly has the tropical flower scent to it in a not so cheesy way. It is simply gorgeous. The Gardenia is strong but then what is wrong with that? I was wearing a cashmere cardigan yesterday and this morning my fiance picked it up to move it and exclaimed how wonderful it smelled. He said "You were wearing this yesterday and I love this perfume!" as he kept pressing the cardigan to his face. I was on alert as I thought he was going to take my sweater with him and use it as his very expensive woobie today. LOL! So I will be purchasing this today as my love and I LOVE it so much. It reminds me of Gardenia by Chanel and is not cheap smelling to me at all. LOVE LOVE LOVE! 9/10

I like this very much! Such a bright and uplifting scent!! Lush creamy floral, the vibe is very floral, yet never sharp, nor screechy! The white flowers are a bit tropical, yet I can wear it in winter. Versatile feminine perfume, mature but not oldish, this is a quality perfume!!! I will add all of Kate Spade' s perfumes have that happy cheerful vibe!!! The drydown is warm. Sensuous on my skin..!!!

I get lilies and sugary vanilla. It's very very sweet on me, with a hint of lily of the valley scented dolls. It's not a bad scent, but it seems a little childlike and sweetly, sugary couquetish for my tastes.

kikinha
kikinha

On my skin it's basically a watery version of Lancome Poeme. I used to love that fragrance, it is just way too strong for warm weather and day. In that case, I would def. buy this one to wear during warm months and day. Would keep cozy, warm and remarkable Poeme for cold weather and nights!

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

This fragrance is paradoxical to me... It's supposed to be a colorful fragrance, and yet nearly every note in it is something white. White flowers, white coconut, white vanilla... White, white, white! This fragrance would have been better named "Smothering White Floral Cloud."

rockegg
rockegg

This is full color all right. It starts with the colors of Hawaiian flowers. Then those blow away and we see the colors of a cozy kitchen with cookies baking. To me the transition is too great.

EYEDEA
EYEDEA

Scent suggests it's a very nice Spring time scent. On me, the opening smells like a bouquet of fresh white flowers with a bit of playfulness and it remains like that for hours, longer if sprayed on clothing. Live Colorfully reminds me so much of one of the Gucci Floras which I got rid of because it made me nauseated but unlike the latter, this scent isn't overpowering.

kirtylou
kirtylou

If you're a fan of white florals, especially gardenia, this might be the fragrance for you. Gardenia and tiare are my two favorite flowers in the white floral family, but overall I'm not a huge fan of white florals. This also kind of reminds me of TokyoMilk Dark's La Vie La Mort, but stronger, so if you're into that, maybe try this out.

Debshee

Wasn't crazy over this at first but decided to give it another try. Very strong if you're not careful. Lasts maybe 4 hours on my skin, but still very noticeable on clothes after 7 hours and it stays more like the opening which is my favorite part. No one seemed offended by it, yet it's strong enough that I caught whiffs of it throughout the day. Will try it out a few more times, but I think this is going to be in my collection. It's sweet but has enough tartness to keep it interesting and different from all of the sugarbombs on the market.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is fun, upbeat, high energy, and will put a spring into your step!

I have been discovering the "Dressing Your Truth" categories of Carol Tuttle's book by that name, and I went up to a fragrance sales associate and asked for them to guide me in a fragrance that would have "Type One" Energy... which is the energy that I first described with these adjectives.

I asked for a fragrance that would have a light-hearted, fun-type flair, similar to something that Kate Hudson would wear.

This was pretty awesome... although I'll admit, I tried it with a few other fragrances and feel that I need to sample this a bit more - to truly distinguish the notes and the dry down.

The first hour of this was heavenly! But I didn't have time to carefully analyze how this turned and lasted on my skin. It is definitely worth another sampling!

ednaenis
ednaenis

Strong and long lasting:) i love it<3

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

Meh. Starts off as a pleasant but generic white floral, but turns musty and dirty in the drydown--not a sexy or skanky dirty, but like actual dirt. I sometimes enjoy a nice earthy fragrance, but this is a very dry, dusty earth smell. Not what I want to smell like. I'll pass on this one.

This is very lovely, lively, a lush floral, but not sharp, it reminds me of Michael Kors Gold,which I own and love, Live in Colorfully is a bloom scent, feminine, not girlish or immature. It gets creamier, a bit tropical if you want in the base. I love the brightness of the scent, great to see a beautiful floral, amongst so many sweet scents!!
I felt the notes blend in like a rainbow, they intermix, on top of each other, it creates an effect of dimension in the scent. It has a natural sweetness, but it is overall floral.

Debshee

I like the opening but after 10 minutes, it's too much gardenia for my taste. Would be more accurate if Fragrantica had a 'neutral' option. I can't speak to longevity yet, but this is a strong fragrance. I managed to get out two tiny dribble sprays from a defective sample (3 pumps for each small dribble; not a full spray). After 10 minutes, it still seems very strong and I'm considering washing it off. This should be a great value as you can use a tiny amount.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Beautiful! I did not see the notes ahead of time and had no idea what to expect. From the pretty little bottle, I thought it might be the latest fresh-n-fruity concoction. Instead I was pleasantly surprised by a voluptuous, tender, slightly green gardenia and some other white flower blended with a spirit dose of coconut. I have been bored with mainstream perfumes for some time, but this was such a delightful and impressive surprise. It reminded me very much of Matin d'Orage by Annick Goutal but probably half the price. I think I like this better! I almost never buy white florals, but this might be the nicest gardenia perfume since Marc Jacobs Essence, my all-time gardenia favorite. Please try this if you love gardenia. It really pays homage to the flower.

Shone
Shone

To me, this is Hawaii in a bottle. It smells exactly like the plumeria lei that I purchased upon arriving on the Big Island. I wore that lei all week. It smelled fresh and creamy, beautiful. The notes in this don't mention plumeria, somehow though, the mix of notes listed are bang on yellow plumeria flower. Brings fantastic memories every time I put it on. :)

Cynthia777
Cynthia777

a unique fresh floral fragrance- perfect for spring/summer. I love this. It is so fresh and crisp yet warm and scintillating. The touch of coconut gives a nice flare to the goden gardenia and mandarin.

celebrity89
celebrity89

From Kors to Kardashian, do we really need another cloying gardenia? The freshest and the best is still Yves Rocher Pur Desir Gardenia.

sashaineurope
sashaineurope

Too many white flowers. According to my taste it is a cheap smell, quite cloying and unfortunately with a strong lasting power. Reminds me of many people walking around in clothes with a strong laundry detergent smell.

jdyblk7
jdyblk7

I just ordered this perfume from Nordstroms. I absolutlely LOVE IT! It is sublime to say the least. I usually wear the original Marc Jacobs in the spring, but I am now truly hooked on this fragrance.

Yiyiblue
Yiyiblue

dryer sheets.

shoreshells
shoreshells

Hi everyone! Just received my Kate Spade, New York, Live Color Fully. Since I smelled it in a magazine last month, I couldn't wait to try it on, unfortunately I could only purchase it in N.Y.C. Nodstroms, so I'd have to wait. Thank goodness they have a purse size roller of the fragrance for a very reasonable price. I was hesitant about trying out a perfume I only smelled from paper; but I liked it so much I bought the roller-ball size. I just received it and am so pleased to say I love it! I'm past twenty,thirty etc., but I still like to live my life "color fully" and the perfume brought me happy memories and even more happier memories to come. It encompasses all the joy spring/summer should include; and those dreams and sultry cold winter days and evenings too. If you haven't tried it yet, do so. Soon it'll be available everywhere and everyone will be spritzing it to, but don't let that stop you. Perfume is meant to be personal and the one person it should please the most, is you!

Noctiflorous
Noctiflorous

I always have trouble finding a perfume that fits my personality. I generally like fruity scents, but most fruity perfumes are too immature and sickly sweet. I have been searching for a scent that is young, fun, and girly, but without sacrificing sophistication.

I found it!

Kate Spade is one of my favorite brands, and I have been anxiously anticipating this fragrance. The idea of a scent that starts out with citrus and gardenia (I am a sucker for citrus) and ends with warm, sweet vanilla really peaked my interest.

This fragrance really doesn't fall into any of the main categories. It is fruity and fresh, but also floral. On top of that, it has sensual vanilla and amber! It defies the law of perfume, but it does so brilliantly.

I highly suggest wearing it for a day, because the scent changes like a kaleidoscope. A beautiful, unique, delicious kaleidoscope!

xo

alanav09
alanav09

a little too flowery for my taste. I received the sample (didnt put it on). Smelled pure gardenia coming off the strip, though. anyone who likes 'pure' clean florals will love this!

spicetiger
spicetiger

When I first put this on, the aquatic nature of the scent really threw me off; it almost smelled like watermelon. But after a few hours it mellowed out to the most beautiful gardenia and amber combination. While I was not thrilled for the first hour I wore it, I was quite pleased with the scent for the second, third, and fourth hours. Too strong for me at first, but wonderful after I gave it a chance!

Live Colorfully by Kate Spade 3.58 out of 5 based on 230 ratings and 48 user reviews

kate spade new york Live Colorfully Rollerball 0.34 oz Eau de Parfum Rollerball
kate spade new york Live Colorfully 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Macys.com
kate spade new york live colorfully eau de parfum, 3.4 oz
kate spade new york live colorfully eau de parfum, 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kate Spade Live Colorfully fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Kate Spade Live Colorfully, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Live Colorfully by Kate Spade. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Live Colorfully by Kate Spade represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.