Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women

Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women
dislike

smoky
Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Videos Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Videos Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Videos Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Videos Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Videos Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Videos Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Videos Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Videos
Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Pictures Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Pictures Boyfriend Kate Walsh for women Pictures

Boyfriend captures the smell of men's fragrance mixed with women's, men's cologne that lingers on the skin of his girlfriend, merging woody notes with amber and flowers. Dark plum and myrrh open the composition, fading into a floral bouquet of lily, night blooming jasmine and musk.

“You ever miss the scent of your boyfriend on your skin? Well, I did. So I created BOYFRIEND, a fragrance inspired by him but made for us. It's got all the floral notes that we ladies love and that warm, woody, amber musk that makes you purr like a jungle cat. Now you can take your Boyfriend with you wherever you go. Stay tuned...I can't wait for you to meet my BOYFRIEND.” Kate Walsh tells us.

The fragrance was developed in collaboration with the company HSN (Home Shopping Club) and Givaudan perfumery, created by the nose Marypierre Julien. Terry Richardson is a photographer of the advertising campaign featuring naked Kate wrapped in a sheet holding the bottle and slogans "Boyfriend" and "Wear Him".

Vintage like bottle is shaped as the classic Chanel editions. The names of her former boyfriends are printed in ghostwriting on the bottle of the Boyfriend fragrance.

Kate Walsh Boyfriend launches on 11th November 2010 as a collection of five products. It includes 15 ml EDP, 5 ml pulse points perfume oil, 30 ml dry body oil, 50 ml body cream and 24 g candle, all packed in a black cosmetic bag at a price of $ 79.99.

Musk Amber Myrhh Plum Woodsy Notes Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley

Aziyade

Boyfriend Fragrance Reviews

t4x3
t4x3

The brief for this one must have read, "We are shooting for sexy potpourri."

nitschevo

Wow- what a surprise :) Thanks to a lovely memeber I finally got to test this.

Although I really find it lovely and well made I am surprised about the sweetness the scent developes on me. A juicy or more of a "rumy" plum mixed with amber and myrhh and a little woodiness. Kind of like a Christmas cocktail if that makes sense. But a very delicious one!

I agree that this would be loved/liked by Prada, Fancy Nights or even Marni owners as well. It's definitely part of that family.

Great job, Kate!

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Gorgeous. Autumn leaves, cool weather, a fire place and hot chocolate. Oversized sweater, jeans and socks. Definitely comfy and cozy. A beautiful fall scent.

I've read so many reviews before where a perfume is referred to as "buttery", and I've always wondered what they meant. Well, one sniff of this and my mind immediately conjured up a large tub of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. That's not to say it smells like butter, per se, but this scent is an extremely buttery amber/vanilla. Lovely and yummy.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

Ok...the first few spritzes are VERY spicey and incensey on me...almost to the point where I smell like Christmas potpourri more than sexy perfume....I get the impression of more than just myrrh here, but I think that is the combination of myrrh and woods mixing with my chemistry.
I don't get any dark plum in the opener, and it takes a bit for this to soften up on me, but once it does, it is divine!

It was a blind buy based on all of the reviews, and luckily it is still available online for decent prices.

Once this scent starts to dry down, I get a wonderful woodsy notes with warm amber and the myrrh still lingers, offering a resinous spice to the mix...and the musk is a soft cozy musk, just like the boyfriend's fisherman's sweater that has been borrowed to keep warm in on a blustery fall day. No jasmine or LOTV show up on my skin, this is so well blended they might be there but as background players.

I've already gotten a backup of this one, and I just have to urge anyone that tries this to understand that the opening is not indicative of the full scent. Give it a chance to warm up on you, you won't be disappointed. :)

MsBacall
MsBacall

Not to be bold, but this perfume smells like you just had a role in the hay with your boyfriend. It is very woodsy and spicy. I get a real sense that my sweet sophisticated perfume just intermingled with his spicy woodsy colonge. Now, we have given birth to "Boyfriend." It has very unisex qualities to it. On me, the cedar accord is very dominate. On the skin, I can smell the sweetness of the parfum. It is not sickly sweet by any means. It is more of a comforting sweetness. My boyfriend wears very woodsy colonges; so this parfum reminds me of him in the best way. I love this perfume. I love the concept. It has become my cold weather staple. It is super long lasting and fabulous!

skygrl62*
skygrl62*

When I first spritzed this on I felt like I smelled a bit like a hamster cage but then after a about a half hour I just loved it. Its warm, creamy and I smell a bit of a vanilla even though there isnt any in it. I love this and definitely would wear it again.

Stacierew
Stacierew

This scent is absolutely beautiful. It is rich, sweet, smoky, toe-curling, and embracing. I ordered this in a tiny bottle, because I wasn't sure if I would like it. Well...I adore it. The plum mingles elegantly with sweet myrrh...And I am in a near panic that it has been discontinued and I wont be able to find it anywhere (why Kate Walsh? why!?). The downside is that it seems to project very little, and the staying power is very disappointing. It is like a "whoosh" of the most perfect thing I have ever smelled, and minutes later it grows quiet and fades gently away. I will probably buy the oil, just to see if it lingers on the skin better than the fragrance. If not, I will be beginning a life long quest to find a suitable substitute/ dupe : ( If anyone knows of one, please let me know!

kasslee
kasslee

As soon as I saw these notes I knew I would love Boyfriend. I hunted down a bottle and blind bought it and I was not disappointed.

Boyfriend is a treasure - rich, smoky, sweet and warm. So unlike any other celebrity scent I have ever tried. Definitely one for cold weather, perfectly comforting.
I immediately found a larger size bottle and bought that too.

Sillage is moderate and lasting power on me is wonderful.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

What a pleasant surprise......

COZY!

A dreamy fragrance to cuddle with, much like a cashmere blanket.

mooglebuns
mooglebuns

This to me is in the same vein as Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black, but this is better. It's creamier, lasts longer and has more depth. I like this perfume. I'm not really sure who Kate Walsh is, but from reading reviews I've gleaned she's some sort of celebrity. I like that this isn't your predictable celeb scent loaded with fruit and sugar and such. I know there isn't vanilla in the notes, but I smell a thick, non sweet vanilla. Maybe it's something else giving the impression of vanilla. This makes me yearn for a log cabin in New England in the winter with a nice whiskey and a comfortable sweater and a fire place. If this had some smoke in it I'd be in heaven. Very laid back, relaxed scent.

diamondkite
diamondkite

I've got the roller-ball version and I'm getting the bittersweet scent from this - but maybe a bit more sweet than bitter. Rich sweet amber mixed with pipe tobacco that's still in the pouch. Good for Autumn/ Winter.

dkny27
dkny27

I had absolutely no interest in this scent since it had come out. By chance, I had put a little on a few weeks ago and could not get the creamy syrup-y woody notes out of my mind AND it smells so expensive.
Purchased the roller ball oil as it turned out to be a MUST have.
It opens with sweet amber, dry wood and a hint of plum, almost in a dried fruit form. As it lingers, to me it almost smells of cashmere on a rainy day; cozy, musky, woody serenity.
It is actually doing very well in warm weather too!

UPDATE: I applied this about 8 hours ago, only to one arm and the scent is still incredible, detecting from about 8-12 inches away...

elph
elph

I have this in the roll-on. It's just a little too sweet to be a true gender neutral, but it satisfies the effect of wearing something with his cologne on it over something with your own perfume. It's a kicky blend and I like it a lot.

ray_archangel
ray_archangel

I really like the woodsy note. But this one is not diluted (to my nose) or sweetened by anything else, so it comes off as too dry. Like I was rolling around in wood shavings all day long and did nothing else.

JaiTee
JaiTee

A spicy, almost masculine opening greets you. And then it warms up to you, and wraps its arms around you for the rest of the day. I ended up loving this scent from start to finish. It's like wearing a big, comfy sweater, daring bra, and sexy jeans for hanging out at home.

Gnocci
Gnocci

Boyfriend would be a great suggestion for someone who loves "Paloma Picasso" but thinks that one is too strong/unwearable. First spray of Boyfriend was heavy, warm myrhh and it was almost like men's cologne-- but the drydown is beautiful and reminds me of a more gentle "Paloma Picasso" :-) I woke up and the incredible scent was still there.

pravda48
pravda48

Warm, sweetly-spiced, inviting, impressive: plumy tone + smoky sweet myrrh is delish! <3

The first time I tried this I wasn't all that impressed w/ it initially. Warm, sweet, sugared myrrh, dare I say I detected a touch of something almost playdoh-like in the first 10 mins? However, about 15 mins in some nice, richer animalic undertones become apparent (labdanum based amber?) and an hour and a half later it kept wafting up from my wrist (through my jacket put on after the fact) in the cold of winter and had me seeking it out to shove my nose in it and inhale deeply. But alas, it is a scent that smells MUCH BETTER from a distance. Upon putting it close to my nose the magic seems to vanish, but again from an arm's length or so it was beautiful warmth and a tad of pungent/sweet plum and myrrh.

EDIT TO ADD:

this was one of the first perfumes I really sought out after trying my 1st round or 2 of samples I ordered online at the start of really getting into perfume/notes. It doesn't impress me so much anymore as something of this deep/smoky/sweet genre, but it is exceptional for a celeb perfume at least and does have great lasting power.

I find it a bit lacking in depth nowadays... but there was one day I had this on one wrist and Elixir des Merveilles on the other and that was magical. May try that as a combo.

Also something I don't usually comment on: it only seems to shine in cold weather. And I find it entirely feminine vs the 'smell of men's cologne lingering on a woman'. If I want that I'd go for Fille en Aiguilles ;)

Hypatia42
Hypatia42

There is something about myrrh that I find hopelessly romantic. When I first tried this I spent ten minutes walking around smelling my own wrist. I had to run back to the store to buy a bottle. With that said, I find I still have to smell my own wrist to enjoy it because it fades so quickly and sits so softly. Is it only me? I give three sprays in the morning and by 11:00 no one can smell it.

The smell makes me want to wear a big brown sweater and leather boots. It's cabin romantic myrrh/amber and the vanilla is casual and friendly. I wish it had more of an aura to it! The person across the desk should be able to tell I'm wearing something, but not cough.

With a little less sweetness it would be a head-turning aftershave on a man. For me, at least. Thus, I like the name. Good memories.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Why oh why would you create an absolute gem of a scent like 'Boyfriend' and then discontinue it?? Why would you do that??
Every self respecting perfumista should have a bottle of this perfume.
Now for those of you who only like niche and high end and are already wrinkling up your little noses at the thought of yet another predictable 'celebrity' scent, I say to you, put aside your prejudices and imagine this is a mega priced niche and then make your judgement.
This perfume blew me away, it's got the WOW factor big time. In fact this is WOW central!!
It opens with juicy fruity plum which is then enhanced with spicy exotic myrrh and then as it settles down it becomes a cacophony of exotic florals all dancing around and thrilling those olfactory senses.
The juice reminds me of a golden syrup and that's how I can describe the smell. It's a thick, sweet and exotic fume, which upon the first spritz, dilates the pupils and excites the senses. This perfume has it all, it's woody, spicy, floral, powerful, addictive, enchanting, masculine and feminine. This scent can be worn any place and at any time as the silage depends upon the action of the trigger finger.
Celeb scent??? This is genius!! Oh how I wish this was more readily available because it would be my signature scent for sure.

agentj
agentj

I actually just saw this at Sephora last week. Not many bottles there, but they do still carry it. I actually thought I was in love with it back in December, but then after a few hours it had an old lady undertone that reminded me of my ex mother-in-law and I had to return it. Too bad since I really love Cocoon and it does initially smell similar.

Update: Went back to Sephora and tested again, and have decided I do love this. Not sure if I will give in and buy an FB, I think because of the musk on the dry down.

elisabethkcmo
elisabethkcmo

You can't find this wonderful fragrance at Sephora or HSN anymore, but it is still available at yourboyfriend.com. Too bad I ordered several items before the 35% off Valentine's Day sale.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

BOYFRIEND isn't a flannel shirt or a hooded sweatshirt you grabbed from his closet. It's not a French-cuffed button down, lightly starched. It's nubby socks and maybe his old worn-in college tee shirt, but only if you're also wearing a statement bracelet and delicate layered necklaces of different lengths. The point is, this isn't as much a male/female scent as it is a highs paired with lows scent(a threadbare sweatshirt paired with a silk dupioni floor-length skirt). It's cozy and warm, yet you can still wear it in the heat.

I lived in Boca Raton, Florida, of all places, and when I wore this to the playground, to the bar, or to the "it" restaurant, I was always asked, in a hushed tone, to please reveal what I was wearing. Friends admitted that they had to run out to buy it after smelling it on me. It passed "The Jealousy Test" (side note: if you're unsure about a purchase, have a friend or stranger hold it, or wear it, and see if you want it, to the point where you're jealous, if so, then buy it) !

It's a very current (not currant) scent, on trend, independent and sexy as hell. Although I wore it during the day, I think it is a star come nightfall, when everyone's boyfriend will want to undress you.

LauraB425
LauraB425

I agree 100% with everything stated below by thedashingdarlings. This is the only "celebrity" scent that I own, and it is really high quality. Her description of the notes is perfect, so I will just add that it's unfortunate that they didn't market this different because I think they are not reaching much of their potential audience with the name and the concept they came up with for this scent. I agree that it doesn't smell anything like a combination of a male cologne and female perfume. And the title is kind of cheesy and sort of less sophisticated than the fragrance itself. I have the pure perfume which comes in a 1-ounce spray bottle with a red velvet ribbon around the neck. It is so lovely, and perfect for winter months because it's so warm and cozy. Not too strong but very long lasting. This is a real beauty, and if you like the notes and thedashingdarlings' description below, just ignore the name of the fragrance and the whole marketing concept and give it a try. I'm so glad that I did.

Note: Just looked it up and see that they have discontinued it already, which is such a shame. I really think if it had a different name and concept, this scent would have been such a hit. Such a shame, and now I have to really covet my little one-ounce bottle, but so glad I got the perfume version when they had it exclusively at HSN (seems they still have some of the rollerballs of the perfume oil left there, but sephora had nothing left in their stock). Sad.

thedashingdarlings
thedashingdarlings

I totally dig this fragrance. Ignore folks who hated this before even smelling it just because it's a celeb scent - this one is really actually incredibly wonderful.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a combination of male and female scents so much as just a spicier, warmer scent for women. It's a warm, sweet spicy that is never cloying or "incensey," and it dries down into such a cozy vanilla-laced amber. Longevity and sillage are both awesome, lasting forever on my skin and managing to be noticable without beating anybody over the head.

I get more compliments when I wear this than all of my other scents combined. From super masculine fishermen to flamboyant gay bartenders to stylish "it" girls to laid-back female friends to my mother, everybody has told me how much they love it. People stop me to ask me what I'm wearing.

At least give it a try, because it's one of my favorites. It just works perfectly.

larebe
larebe

Finally tried a sample of this. Love the warm, spiceness but not sure if I could ever see myself wearing it. I almost think I would like it better on a man. :)

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

A voluptuous, and spicy amber fragrance. Full of myrhh, a hint of juicy plum, and a nice clear fresh sawed woody kind of note. As the votes on the pyramid show this composition is hardly floral.
This fragrance is definitely on the masculine side as the marketing promised, but it still makes me feel very sensual wearing it. The spices somehow work in a slightly feminine way which makes boyfriend delightfully androgynous.
Boyfriend is pretty linear with slightly more fruityness in the beginning notes for me but it's a subtle difference I almost don't notice. BF is robust and performs with heavy silage and moderate projection all day long.
It reminds me of neonatura cocoon that I had and loved however I love boyfriend even more because it lacks the slightly metallic smell cocoon had on me. I have the boyfriend pulse point oil and it really smells amazing and performs well on it's own. I also have the body cream and while I wish it was a little thicker the scent is incredible and very similar to the perfume which, as we know isn't always the case with matching lotions. :D
Love my boyfriend! :P

sophiealbarn
sophiealbarn

I cannot rave about this perfume enough. I totally adore it, despite the silly name and fact that it is a "celebrity" perfume. It is masculine but in a subtle, beautiful way. It smells rich and enticing. I get amber, myrrh, spice, vanilla. This is a true gem.

keviday
keviday

I don't know about calling this perfume Boyfriend...I think it should be called "Dad" because that is who I am reminded of. It reminds me of Dad after a trip to the barber for a cut and a shave. My dad also chewed tobacco and I swear I get a tobacco note from this scent. The scent is sweet but not like candy or suger--this is far from gourmand. But there is something so incredibly rich about this scent. It's very thick but gentle. I get some plums with myrrh and resins and a bit of musk---no florals at all. I loved how the scent sort of lingered around my coat collar today on this chilly New England morning like a smoky haze. Sillage is close, intimate. I'm tempted to reapply because I'm enjoying the scent so much but I feel like it would be easy to overdo it.

EDIT: my husband came home last night (after I put on some of the body creme) and stated "that smells just like Coty Exclamation!" This is from a man who never has anything to say about my fumes and he was able to name the brand, the name, and described the bottle in detail ("you know the black and white bottle that looks like an exclamation point!"). Just curious-does anyone familiar with the two scents agree with him?

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

No hesitation here, this starts out smelling like a masculine fragrance. Give it to its dry down and you have the yin-yang of the female and male existence of perfumery. Cosmic life explained in a bottle. (How thoughtful of Kate Walsh.) The coming together of two opposites in one bottle that you can now apply onto yourself without the benefit of "him" being there. Never really needing "him" takes on a whole new meaning. Or, you can think of pining for "him" through the purchase of a perfume that reminds you of "him" but it's not "his" its's "yours" because its marketed for women, its just another ad campaign for suckers, rather, I mean consumers. I get this sad image of lonely people crying, sniffing their generic smelling wrist because it reminds them of "him". Really? There's a world of perfumes out there for you ladies, just for you, designed to make you feel good, designed to work with your body chemistry and evoke positive thoughts. Not evoke images of "Michael, John, Rob, Steven, Kevin, Joe, Josh, Sebastian, Brian, Robert, Pablo..." which are the names emblazoned on the bottle. Of her former boyfriends. Yes, the concept is amusing. But it falls short of bringing in the sexual aura needed that might have hit this one out of the ballpark. Had it been reminiscent of a vis-a-vis romp with any of the notes in its composition, then the sensuality and rawness would have made Boyfriend complete. Otherwise, it falls flat as simply spraying a small amount of your significant others' favorite fragrance on to remind you of them. Save your money and do that instead. The plum seems to be the highlight with a slight musk while the woods surround the entire composition. Florals, none. The myrhh lies low and intermingles with the woods as one would expect with a man's fragrance. There is a rich deepness bringing to mind vanilla, more like gingerbread that appears for awhile and wraps the fragrance together. Not long-lasting, not short either, just middle of the road. Stays close to the skin. If you really feel you must wear this, it's a choice to wear in the evening at home or at leisure while relaxing. Definitely sample before you buy to see how you enjoy a fragrance that starts out with a male top and ends with a female bottom. Oh yeah, wouldn't that be called submissive? And that's what buying a bottle called "Boyfriend" reminds me of....

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

I have this in the pulse point oil and I absolutely love it. By far one of my favorite scents, especially for Fall. It has a warm, marshmallowy amber scent to it, with a woody, musky undertone. Almost like roasting marshmallows over a campfire. I love the concept behind it too, "the scent of your sheets after the boyfriend leaves". Smooth and feminine with a touch of rugged masculinity; deep and sultry. Smells like sweet lust.

zaynaz
zaynaz

This smells like blueberries when it goes on, kind of like the ones you'd get in a muffin- a bit tangy, but sweet and fruity. I assume it's the plum.

The for a short time it gets a slightly urine like note which put me off a touch the first time I wore it. It's not a 'repugnant filthy urinal' smell but that's what I get, and I've tried this a few times now.

It leaves its 'fresh pee' stage fairly quickly and becomes sweetly musky. It's definitely animalic, but not in an 'in your face' way, I figure the pee smell is also an element of the musk note.
And it's SO sweet, but again, not in the way I'd usually think of when someone says 'sweet perfume'. It's not at all foody or cloying, but there's this warm, soothing sweetness (the myrrh I'm guessing). Finally it gets a woody edge, it reminded me a lot of these heatable wheat bags my grandmother used to use whenever she had aches and pains- kind of like porridge.

This stuff smells great- it projects nicely so you will smell it around you from time to time, and it's quite potent, one spray was plenty. Lasts for hours too. The sweetness is so hard to place, but it's delicious all the same. I absolutely want a bottle of this.

mysticalblaze
mysticalblaze

I really enjoy this fragrance. On first spray I did not like it at all but within a few minutes it morphed into something beautiful. It is a dark sexy scent on my skin. It very much reminds me of Givenchy Play Intense on me, which I happen to love as well.
It definitely is NOT a scent for someone that likes a perfume that is faint and light for sure.

nitschevo

This sounds really good but unfortunately I cannot get my hands on this beauty in Germany. Any recommendations on how to purchase?

ChampagneHo
ChampagneHo

You can get some rollerballs, dry oil, and cream at HSN and full bottles at Sephora on line.

Bella1
Bella1

Just went to Sephora at the mall to pick
Up a bottle, wasn't in the usual spot. Seems
It's being discontinued, pulled down and shipped
Back to wearhouse!!

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

The vanilla of Chopard's Casmir with the incense of Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon. Together they are yummy.

terigurl
terigurl

Sillage is incredible. I smell the smokiness with a touch of Amber. I'm a huge fan of Amber. Can't stop smelling my wrists. Definately the type of fragrance that lasts all day. Recomended for winter.

brenda.arellano001
brenda.arellano001

I must admit this smells great. Blind buy and it paid off! Having smelled "Millionaire Boyfriend" and hating it, I was terrified about this purchase, however, I couldn't pass up the great offer at Hautelook. This is sweet, with notes of vanilla and amber. It's quite a warm and comfortable scent, but also sexy and adult. This reminds me very much of Avon's "Far Away", I'm almost surprised no one mentioned it. This is a dead ringer. It may be slightly softer, yet the similarities are uncanny. This isn't a unisex fragrance at all much less smells like a node to man. This is all woman, lush and strong.

Edit: so I wore this for work and I seriously have NEVER received so many compliments from men regarding a perfume (including my husband)! I'd estimate about 6 or 7. I stopped counting after 3 because it was insane. Don't know if there are pheromones or what, but this works like a charm. I find it completely ironic since it's supposed to remind you of your man, yet it makes guys swoon.

Bflopolska

I usually avoid celebrity fragrances like the plague, and the only reason my initial rollerball purchase was a blind buy was that I was in a foul mood and needed some cheering up; and second, I had no idea who Kate Walsh is! However, I'm glad I picked myself up a Boyfriend--this is not a typical, boring, been-there-done-that celebrity brand. There is an initial plum-and-bourbon blast at first spray that mellows into a warm vanilla air, finally drying down into rich, lingering woods and spice. It's definitely not an afternoon tea with the Junior League scent. It's sweater-and-khakis, wings-and-beer, casual date--it's clean yet complex. It's one of my favorite weekend fragrances!

Bflopolska

Sophiealbarn, the closest I've found to Boyfriend is maybe Burberry London for Men (whichever one is wrapped in the brown plaid pattern.) I'll wear this one myself on weekends, preferably in the early to mid-Autumn when things are just starting to cool down and you want to throw on a sweater and enjoy some hot cocoa doing a football game.

arrode
arrode

I consider this a very sophisticated fragrance. It does live up to the description of your boyfriend's cologne mixed with your girly fragrance. It's not overly sweet, though it does drydown to something that smells like vanilla to me. The opening is very myrrh and plum to me and it stays that way for most of the day. Did I mention this perfume lasts all day? This is one of my 8+ hour wear perfumes and it doesn't tend to morph at all other than the absolute last bit of the drydown, which becomes a sweeter, pure vanilla-like scent to me. Very warm and grown-up. I wear this to the office.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I just got a set that contains perfume, cream and body oil, smells beautiful and last much longer than anything esle, used together is the way to go. Aromatic woody essence, very recommended. Set came in a pretty cosmetic box with a candle and purse perfume oil, such a great idea.

healthyvegan
healthyvegan

I give myself compliments on this one whenever I wear it!! I think to myself-"Man do you smell good" Lol : )
I'll be very unpoetic and just say that to me this is a genius perfume idea that I love so much and I hope it makes Kate Walsh a lot of $. Well worth the cost.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

On my skin: Warm smoky woods, sweet booze, and slightly floral to give that "mixed" feel.

Smells unisex (tipping towards masculine) though unlike any boyfriends I can think of.

This takes me back to my childhood Saturdays in a Catholic church (hello, Myrrh!), but in the sense that it smells familiar and therefore comforting like a significant other should be.

williamvargas
williamvargas

all i know is this smells wonderful on my oldest daughter, she wears this one sometimes and to me, a beautiful fragrance on her.. thumbs up for me, I think someone older could wear this as well and it would still be pleasing to me I don't think it is that age specific..sexy and elegant.
sort of a night out on the town scent.
my wife has snuck this one and worn it a couple of times,i might just pick some up for her since she likes it so much.
one of those that just might smell good on a man.. have been tempted.lol..
i did end up buying another bottle for her as she asked me to.. it does smell great and she has a few now but she seems to wear this more often than i expected her to..it works well on any age group i would have to say, sometimes smelling great has no age limits.. a nice surprise.

weegee
weegee

Chopard's Casmir with... balls.

I love it! And it loves my skin. Amazing longevity and impressive sillage.

Bittersweet high quality vanilla extract, highly indolic jasmine, woods, animalic musk, myrrh and testosterone. Linear on me, which is just fine... everything "hits" at once and it stays on & on, just as gorgeous hours later as at first sniff.

No floral woody musk has never let me down.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Every bit as wonderful as I expected it to be. It does have a masculine edge to it, but this is definitely a female scent. Quite sweet, smooth, and a little bit spicy. Like a mixture of a warm, sweet women's perfume and a man's cologne. It's warm and makes me feel as if my boyfriend had his arms wrapped around me on a sofa in front of a fire on a chilly fall night. This is a definite must have for winter! Worth the price of a full bottle as well. Grab the gift set if you can! You're going to want to envelop yourself in a warm, comforting cloud of this stuff. The pulse point oil is much sweeter and more resinous than the EDP, which is more centered around the plum and feels more feminine.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Noooo way!

Well here goes. I was in Sephora and prepared to purchase myself the small rollerball. I did not want to commit. Anyhow while shopping I sprayed it on my arm. Initial impression was what I had expected. A warm gently masculine scent. In a strange way I really liked it though. And immediately on my arm it smelled fantastic. I mean wonderful. I actually was armed and ready at that point to purchase a bottle I decided to give it another 10 minutes. Boy am I glad that I did. It turned on me - it turned into an evil powder monster. Powdery, manly and just well.... plain disgusting. So there you have it ladies. It did not like my body chemistry at all. I would suggest to try a sample and not dive into a blind buy if your able. However if you enjoy powdery scents with a masculine twist then you really would love this. One option might be to go to Hollister and purchase the man's spray. As I sit here it's permeating my nostrils coming off my arm so I need to wash it off now. I feel like I smell like a teenage dude lathered up with heavy cologne.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I've been finding quite a few "loves" lately and I'm happy to add this one to that group. I've had a bottle of this perfume for awhile now but hadn't had a chance to try it out yet. Today I finally did. Right from the first sniff it was instant "love." On my skin, this is all about the amber. Warm, rich, deep, comforting amber! What's not to love about that? I feel like this would be best suited to cooler weather. I feel that way about most "amber-intense" perfumes. There is something so nice about wearing a "warm" perfume when it's cold outside. Catching whiffs of it seems to be just as good as sipping hot chocolate on a cold winters day. The marketing ploy aside (a woman who has traces of her boyfriend's cologne on her), this perfume is easily one of the best celebrity scents I've ever had the pleasure of trying. I will happily wear this quite a bit come Autumn and Winter. The price is a tad steep for a celebrity perfume but you do get what you pay for. Do yourself a favor and give this one a try, especially if you are an amber lover.

The concept behind this fragrance was to recreate the lingering scent of your boyfriend's cologne on you and your sheets after a night of hanky panky. Well, I can't remember my sheets and skin smelling this good. Realistically speaking, Boyfriend smells nothing like the morning after, which is a good thing.

Boyfriend by Kate Walsh is a vanillary and resinous oriental, quite feminine in character. It tends to smell quite bold on the skin, not as intimate as I expected it to be.

To be honest, I adore this fragrance. I'm a massive fan of thick, heady orientals, and this is exactly what Boyfriend is. It actually reminds me of Prada's No.8 Opoponax in lots of ways.

I would more than likely wear Boyfriend during the colder months, maybe even as an evening scent. It's supposed to smell like a mixture of men's cologne and female perfume, but honestly, it smells feminine. There's this underlying ambery sweetness that keeps it in female territory.

At times Boyfriend has an almost boozy quality, an aspect I quite like. Many complained of poor longevity, but I had absolutely no issues with Boyfriend lasting on me. The sillage also blew me away. I can't praise Boyfriend enough. This is an amazing celebrity fragrance.

elsie.oliveros
elsie.oliveros

All I can say about this frag is: no longevity and completely non-existent sillage. It disappears after 10 minutes on my skin. I might as well wear nothing and save my money.

Adrien02
Adrien02

Puts me in mind of a cross between Ted Lapidus' White Soul and A.B.R. Barlach's Bond James Bond EDP, of which I have both. Of the three I am finding that the Boyfriend does lean more toward a fragrance that a girl might borrow from he4r boyfriend, and I believe the same can be said for BOND James Bond. The White Soul is more to my liking but is just the opposite of the former two. I can see someone's boyfroend borrowing it. Silliage is moderate and has a deep, sweet, musky vanilla-patchouli lingering after glow.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a great resins/myrrh lover scent. It's very warm and the combination of notes has an almost vanilla scent to it, all enveloped in a warm, animal musk. The plum is just a hint of fruit but instead of lightening the scent as fruit usually does it adds more depth. The woody notes are great in the dry down. I don't smell the jasmine at all.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

I add to all the reviews saying this is warm and cozy. I sometimes wear it to bed to help me sleep. I love how boozy this perfume is, I just can't get enough. I actually have to fight my temptation to keep spraying it, I LOVE that Myrrh! I'm about to buy the solid perfume as well.

perfumequeen23
perfumequeen23

I know this doesn't belong here, but if anyone from the UK knows where I can get this please let me know, I am dying to try this and cannot find it anywhere! :(

cnotche
cnotche

Boyfriend is a wonderful mix of masculine and feminine scents. On me, the top notes are very cologne-like, a deep musk and myrrh, then it mellows out to warm amber and spicy vanilla. It smells like I am wearing my perfume and my husbands shirt. I absolutely adore it and wear it day or night. I own the EDP and the pulse-point oil. The oil has a stronger sweet-vanilla note that I actually prefer. This is definitely a perfume that I will re-purchase when it runs out.

amy1983
amy1983

Boyfriend is warm,cozy,and inviting. It is like a fine liquoure.
This is the first perfume with myrhh that I have ever tried,and I must say,I guess I like myrhh! I have to admit,that I have never heard of Kate Walsh before,but when I read the reviews of this I knew I had to try it!
This makes me think of sitting in front of a roaring fire drinking a glass of champagne. Plus,there is a kind of rich oil feel to it that I like.
I know that I will buy another bottle of this. I can't seem to get enough of this!

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

Wow!!!! I think I found my signature perfume!!! This is sexy!!!! It has masculine notes but not manly! A man could wear this if he wants a comfort, soft, and sexy perfume!! However, on a woman it smells strong but not loud, sophisticated, sexy!!!
When I first spray this, there's is a licorice type of note that I do not care for which I can't pinpoint what it is. Within a few minutes that note melts into my skin and turns into the must deliscious warm, a tiny bit musky, woody scent!!! I love woody scents, However, they all smell similar. Not this one!!! It's so different and lovely!!

This held up pretty well on my sucky skin which drinks up most perfumes! I got a sample of this and it is not a spray so I can't really speak about sillage as when I dab any perfume it stays pretty close to my skin.
I'm on a budget so I'd have to wait to buy this one...I miss the days where I was able to buy Angel and Alien at the same time, every 3 months! Now I have to settle on samples, small bottles, and celebrity perfumes :(
I want the spray of this but the smallet one costs too much for such a small bottle so like I said I'll wait to buy this one..for now I'm going to save my sample and dab it on my neck when I want to smell very sexy for my man!!!

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

This is definitely a unisex fragrance pretty much like most things out there made for one sex but inspired by the other sex. It is categorized as "women's" with the 'Boyfriend' label to target the unmarked heterosexual female consumer but it is truly unisex, even leaning a bit towards the masculine side of unisex so if you are a man curious about this scent, do not hesitate to give it a try.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

this scent in the perfume formation is quite strong so I opted for the dry oil....OMG yum it melds with my skin so beautifully and makes everyone around me go crazy, so for anyone who finds the perfume spray too strong try Boyfriend in the dry oil formulation.

lcommisso
lcommisso

I bought this after testing it at Sephora. I loved the scent; it just is different than a lot of the other super floral fragrances out now, or the ones that smell super strong (aka reek) that typically have these notes. I agree it is a merging of a male cologne with a female perfume, and maybe that's why I like it so. I didn't even realize it was Kate Walsh's when I purchased it (or even who she was right away, thanks IMDB), but she hit a homerun with this one. I've never smelled this on anyone else, so I think it is a "hidden gem" in the sea of celebuscents.

LookGoodSmellBetter
LookGoodSmellBetter

Willbear is absolutely correct. A man can wear this, especially considering it smells almost exactly like by Kilian's Straight To Heaven.

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

I have this on my wrist and seriously, this smells EXACTLY like Givenchy's Les Parfums Mythiques Organza Indecense. I mean EXACTLY. This is incredible. This is strong, but Organza is much stronger and lasts me the whole day (please see my review on it on my profile.) And seriously even with that one spray which I have put on my wrist I can feel the dizzying effects.

Simply put, because I already own Organza and I have nothing more to add this won't be a full-on review. So I guess the only helpful thing about my comment is that if someone likes Organza Indecense but doesnt want to buy the full 100ml bottle (as that's the only size available) then go for Boyfriend.The projection and sillage is great.

For those who live in Canada, I have seen Boyfriend at Winners on sale sometimes so look out for it if you don't want to pay the regular expensive price tag just because it's on Sephora's shelf.

I don't know why I don't love this. In fact I hate it. It smells animalic to me in the way Chanel No.5 is animalic. Not that I'm comparing the scents at all and I know this doesn't contain civet, but ugh. I like "dirty" scents, but this stuff is not dirty in a sexy way.

willbear
willbear

i love this its an odd one i think a man can wear this

lisarad
lisarad

I've worn this for several days now...I do really like this scent. Lots of woozy myrrh on my skin...don't get any flowers really, but I love that myrrh! It is somewhat pungent for about 1 hour, and settles for another 3 hours into a light myrrh scent, it turns into the most fabulous skin scent after that, a delicious mix of light amber, musk, vanilla, and a touch of myrrh. It is wonderful. At this point, it really does smell like your boyfriends t-shirt! fabulous! I would choose to wear this scent anytime I was going out for an intimate date, at home, or just missing my man.

lisa.b.radovanovic
lisa.b.radovanovic

I am not one to distinguish notes, but I definitely know if I like a scent or not. I love this one!!! The myrrh to me was so unexpected!!! I sprayed it on at Sephora and stayed in the store for one hour and I fell in love!!! Not to sure if it smells like Ange ou Demon le Secret, or Calvin Klein secret obsession.... something in the beginning notes smells very familiar to me.

Dries down to a creamy amber/vanilla/musk. Lovely and thank you to the reviewer who shared the secret to combine it with Hot Couture!!!! I love that scent to!!!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

When I first heard of this before it's launch, I was surprised no one had come up with this idea before. Many women love to mix men's and women's cologne or sometimes wear their boyfriend's scent. It's comforting in that way, and really reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana The One for men (one of my favorites) mixed with CK Euphoria.. and something else. The myrrh and amber are what keeps it interesting on my skin. I can see where people are getting patchouli, but it's not the same as what's in Boyfriend. After the initial spray it starts to morph into the androgynous sexy and mellow jasmine musk. It's really unique for something sold at Sephora.

Woodelf
Woodelf

I quite like this scent, as it's so different to other fragrances out there. I was surprised to see the notes here, because I get predominantly cedar, fir, plum, vanilla and amber. It's comfortable, like a Christmas tree in front of a roaring fire on a cold winter's night. I really don't get any of the floral notes, unless they account for the sweetening of the woods. I find this scent hypnotic and deep and I can see why it's called Boyfriend. This scent wraps itself around me and makes me feel relaxed and desireable, and that's not a bad way to feel.

hollycat
hollycat

Ive been wondering about this perfume for so long as it seems that people have found it distinctive. I dont know much about Kate Walsh but I wanted to give this celeb perfume a chance.

Im disappointed. I really dont smell any of the listed notes on my skin. In fact all I really smell is a playdoh like sweet vanilla with some amber and patchouli. And vanilla and patch arent even listed here in the notes.

It's smells typical of mass marketed perfumes. It's nothing like the namesake imo. "A man fragrance mixed onto a womens skin?" Nope. Not to me. Its a boring sweet perfume that lacks originality.

Siouxsiesparkle
Siouxsiesparkle

Love this fragrance! It's warm & cozy without being too sweet or cloying. I layer it with the dry oil to get it to last longer. I normally stay away from celebrity scents, but I keep hoping Kate Walsh will come out with more like this. The name & packaging are pretty goofy. I also wish the longevity wasn't so weak. Those issues aside, I can say this has been my favorite fragrance since my first purchase about 2 years ago.

lamonroe
lamonroe

I'm on the fence with this one. Sort of a love-hate relationship. IMHO, not the best of combination of sweet-musky; something strange about it, but I still find myself using it as a go to and have received lots of compliments when wearing it, from men and women. It is very close and comforting though, and I would say it say it has great sillage. Just can't say that I love it ... I just like it.

40plus&fab

This is a very warm woody scent. At first I cringed thinking eau de Bugspray . . . It grew on me. On my skin it is almost exclusively about the amber and myrrh and there's a wee bit of something creamy to ward off the potentially masculine edge. Yet, this is not a masculine frag but nor is it sweet, girly, tutti-frutti, or floral in any way. It conveys a sexually confident woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go get it. I tend to lean toward the woody florals so this for me is a really nice floral-less addition to my collection. I tend to reach for it for those relaxing summer evenings hanging out at the pool with a glass of wine or on a late night stroll through town . . .

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Went to the mall today, in part to hit Sephora and try this fragrance. I had such high hopes--and I'm glad I tried it before forking over the money.

On my skin, this is strictly a vanilla fragrance. It did not evolve or change at all after I sprayed the sample bottle on my wrist--it was and remained a single note vanilla fragrance. (Recently, I've smelled Vanille Noir and Sexiest Musk--so the vanilla in Boyfriend reminded me of the vanilla in those. And by that I mean, a slightly artificial and plasticky vanilla, but sweet enough).

I know, there is NO vanilla listed in the notes! I am very confused by this--I had high hopes for a deep amberic incense with fruity-floral undertones. Nope. None of that. It's not deep, it's far from masculine, it's not multidimensional. Disapointed, but glad I didn't splurge on a bottle. May have to try another sample another time....

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I am suprised that people would find this too masculine for a feminine fragrance. I actually found it plenty feminine and wearable, not overly masculine in the slightest. Then again, if you are partial to floral scents this perfume would not be for you.

As someone who is partial to warm woody scents, I can say that I LOVE this perfume! I don't own a full bottle yet, but I will without a doubt. I actually don't find it super complex, and it doesn't develop/change a whole lot on my skin, but I don't mind that in the slightest. The woody note is to DIE for in "Boyfriend" - straight up cedar to me. The myrrh makes it a little bit smoky, but not in an overly incensy/churchy way, and the light floral touch keeps everything from being too heavy. This isn't the kind of scent that I would wear out on a date or anything, but it is perfect for day wear.

I recommend at least trying this one! Glad I did :)

PS - I think I read a review that said something about this fragrance reminding them of a sauna - in a way it really does!! Living in Minnesota we have lots of those, and this scent does remind me of that, in the best possible (cozy, relaxing) way!

PPS - just discovered that the nose behind this fragrance was also behind Rihanna's Rebelle and Reb'l Fleur - two other perfumes I happen to enjoy!

DelicateOrchid
DelicateOrchid

I absolutely love this scent. I have the dry oil spray & the fragrance & they layer so insanely well & warm me up. this definitely smells like a niche fragrance to me. Alluring, sexy, warm incense & amber. I find this very feminine. Excellent during the winter.

The little story about the idea behind the bottle design seems odd to me.

40plus&fab

I'm not a celebrity star gazer and I'm usually adamantely averse to anything they put their name on (nothing peronal against celebs just my hangup) Anyway a lovely but persistant SA insisted that Boyfriend was "different" and well I like "different" so I gave in and so glad I did. This is a lovely ambery smokey spicy woody jewel. I don't get any flowers on my skin but there is something vaguely sweet lurking around that gently softens the other notes. It reminds me of summer nights at a bon fire or outdoor bbq. It is also great in cooler weather for sitting around the campfire or just cuddled up on the sofa in front of the fireplace. It is casual and sophisticated, fun and sexy all at the same time.

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

One of my absolute favorites! Especially the dry down. Is it just me or does anyone else smell patchouli in this? I know its not listed as a note but I seem to smell it on my skin. Also I smell a wiff of satya incense as well. Anyway, if you're sick of the same ole same ole perfumes then I suggest you try this one. I am not crazy about the roll on but the spray is awesome. Sexy, warm, and very enchanting.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I love it! this is a wonderful alternative to many of the flower laden fragrances you smell so much of right now.It's close to the skin (I'm talking about the oil roll-on)dark,woody,balmy,thick,rich and spicy.I enjoy how it lingers in the cold air,making it perfect for the winter.I'm catholic and I love how it reminds me a bit of the church incense,which is wonderful to me.

Brittanyreneeyoung
Brittanyreneeyoung

Not a bad scent, however, it gave me a headache. A bit too strong for me :) smells nice in the bottle, but on me its just too heavy. Luckily it was just a Sephora sample, so no harm!

aschiffm
aschiffm

Equal parts Myrrh and Amber. It is warm, pungent, medicinal. It makes me feel a little woozy and disoriented, its very heavy and masculine. Has a bit of woodsy smoky darkness, but mostly its resinous, vibrant, and sickly cozy.

It gets sweeter as it goes and more floral but still very ambery the whole way through. Doesn't smell like any men or boyfriends that I know of but it's pretty inviting.

lovemygirl
lovemygirl

This perfume is awesome. I've been wearing Niki De Saint Phalle for years when I tried this. To my suprise, I fell in love with it. My "boyfriend" loves it on me, too! I get compliments from everyone when I'm out and wearing it. It's sexy!

pinkdots41
pinkdots41

Absolutely amazing fragrance. It's a mix of woodsy but also is spicy that makes you want to keep smelling it all day. I am literally obsessed with how this smells.

susan1326
susan1326

I had to get past the generation gap of the name Boyfriend to try it-I am almost 50! I feel that this is a much more mature scent than the audience it is marketed toward. It's deep, rich, and boozy and it lasts all day. Comforting and confidence-building at the same time. The sales associate suggested it for a fall/winter scent, and I am glad she looked past my age demographic to mention it to me. She said she likes to mix it with Billionaire Boyfriend, and I look forward to trying that combination.

Wow, I wish I'd gotten the effects others here have! What I got on this one was a 1980s over-the-top sandalwood vanilla scent with blasting sandalwood and orange notes. There was not sign of the advertsied 'hint of cologne'. Now admittedly, I pretty much hate most types of sandalwood so I shouldn't have bothered with this, but that being said, if you DO like sandalwood, this will probably be a lovely comfort scent. I still feel it's dated, but there's nothing offensive in it for those who don't mind a sandalwood monster softened for bedtime with vanilla/orange treats. But wow, so not for me. I would've much prefered the Plum and myrrh another reviewer got.

rhunzeker
rhunzeker

I have the rollerball version. First thing i noticed was the faint plum the first hour and then it disolved to myrr. It doesn't last through a morning, a little disappointed about that.

swiftbanderilla
swiftbanderilla

Dead-end concept but he perfume (I have the oil) is actually really nice. Warm and musky without being expected. The only complaint I have is that the rollerball doesn't dispurse the scent well.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Question!
Anyone knows how to get this in Europe? Shipping from the States normally comes with a juicy customs fee/tax
Im living in Sweden atm.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

yes, the concept may be humorous at best, but the scent---especially for a celeb-linked perfume---is really rather nice. (although, as usual, i've no idea who this kate walsh person is...) i was at tea the other day and as we were preparing to leave the table, a friend whose taste i generally share pulled out the rollerball vial of this and applied a bit to her wrist. i liked it immediately; unsurprising, as i'm very fond of balmy-woody scents, and quite prone to wearing men's perfume. the incense bit is very light, as is the jasmine. i mostly noticed the woods and resins. not terribly complex, but very pleasant. i could see myself ordering a big ol' bottle of this to wear frequently for its decided comfort factor.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

Absolutely one of my favorite fragrances, Boyfriend is incredibly unique and alluring. On me this is amber, musk, plum and lots of woody notes. I just adore it. I'm a huge fan of men's colognes, my favorite being RED for Men, so this was a must have for my collection. Boyfriend is definitely heavy on the masculine notes so I can see why some women wouldn't like it. I hardly detect any florals and the most feminine note that my nose smells is the amber. It starts of strong and stays there a long time. After hours of wearing Boyfriend, the sweet scent of cigars creeps up on me. I like the smell of tobacco so I don't mind it but I can see how this would be revolting to some. I only have the rollerball but it is more than enough. I usually mix this with other amber perfumes to give them a unique twist and its worked well so far (some of those include VS's Divine, S by Shakira and SJP's Covet). Only other thing I can add is that Boyfriend lasts forever! I applied some on my neck, ears and forearms around 7:30 pm and could still strongly detect it the next morning at 8:10 am. Super long lasting, sweet and unique.

missnoe
missnoe

I love the idea behind this perfume. The execution left something to be desired. All I can smell is musk and amber with another odd note (probably myrhh; not something I've previously encountered). Not a flower or plum to be found. I will try layering over a one-note scent this fragrance purports to have, like lily-of-the-valley or jasmine, just to see if ramping up the feminine aspects makes it more wearable for me. (Just noticed another reviewer's rec to combine with DKNY Golden Delicious; will definitely try that one.)

Kate Walsh may be a B-list celebrity, but I'd wear either of her perfumes over Britney Spears', Jessica Simpson's, Kim Kardashian's, Taylor Swift's, Celine Dion's, or J-Lo's any day of the week! They don't smell synthetic, weak, or as though there's too much going on at one time.

Boyfriend is not my type of perfume. I don't care for strong amber, especially when it's not of the Tom Ford quality, and I get far more amber here than any other note. But it's nice! Really nice!

After amber, I smell lots of wood and just a hint of myrrh, and that's about it. I don't smell any plum or jasmine at all. Regardless, this perfume could seriously pass for a niche. I think a comparison with Calamity J is spot-on.

Boyfriend is a warm and cozy perfume. It's not gourmand or anything, but it's warm and enveloping in the way of cookies baking in the oven. It contains just a touch of sweetness.

I think this is most definitely the best amber perfume on the market after some of the high-end niches. If you can't afford $205+ for Tom Ford's Amber Absolute, pick up a bottle of Boyfriend before it's yanked from the shelves!

P.S. I don't like the advertising, and I don't like seeing Kate Walsh in those alluring poses because I don't find her to be sexually appealing.

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

This is a fragrance that I had been searching for without even knowing it. That is a first for me. I concur with one of the reviewers below: I could bathe in this stuff! There is a hit of sensual dark fruit at the top, then it's a comforting, delicious, hypnotic, warm, balmy ride through slightly sweet, vanillic wood, resins, and musk. It makes me feel cozy and sexy at the same time. This is pure heaven on me, and works exceptionally well on my skin. It has a mystical feel, but there is also a familiarity to it which took me some time to put my finger on. After a few wearings, I figured it out: it evokes the smell of a sauna - the smell of hot, moist wood that I loved as a child. While I appreciate the concept behind this perfume, I honestly couldn't care less about it, nor its status as a celebrity fragrance. I can see how smelling this amongst the women's fragrances at Sephora would put some people off. It's very different from the majority of fragrances on the mainstream market (which is part of why I love it). It's not an ultra-feminine floral, it's not especially fruity, nor will it make you smell like a cupcake (not that there's anything wrong with that). Give it a try if you're looking for something different. It's not a sillage monster, but I can still easily smell it on myself 12+ hours after applying. It's one of the few fragrances in my collection that I actually have to stop myself from wearing because I'm afraid of going through it too quickly. It's that addictive. It also smells amazing on your clothing days later.

Goodfortune5758
Goodfortune5758

This scent actually repulses me! I am not sure what it is, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Sorry-

justbeQ
justbeQ

A little bit of Levi in my life
A little bit of Sam by my side
A little bit of Neil is all I need
A little bit of Shane is what I see
A little bit of Sean in the sun
A little bit of Lewis all night long
A little bit of Aidan here I am
A little bit of you makes me your… woman

I know! I know! I will never take liberty with the lyrics from Mambo # 5 ever again. I swear the packaging made me do it!

In the opening of Boyfriend, I get a peppery cinnamon which dries down to a sweet smokiness all wrapped up in undertones of mild cozy woodiness.

This scent is cozy from the get go. It reminds me of October, heavy sweaters, burning leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, black and mild cigars or cherry pipe tobacco. Everything warm and comforting just like being snuggled up in front of blazing fire in the fire place with my man or a good book.

I like Kate’s idea behind her first perfume and I can kind of see her vision in this. It’s like being wrapped up in a giant hug with strong arms. In my opinion she did pretty well for her fist time out. I find Boyfriend to be enjoyable and can’t wait for the weather to turn cool so that I may enjoy it again.

pablOSO
pablOSO

let's hope she doesn't make EX-BOYFRIEND

cuz i don't want to pass trough that again........

scentread
scentread

I love this fragrance so much I purchased the body cream too! I ordered my 2 rollerballs and cream on ebay! It works great layered!

acavicchi
acavicchi

I have the rollerball and I really do like it! I've always liked a lot of the notes in male fragrances, I find woodsy notes to be really comforting and warm. I definitely smell the combo of smokey and sweet notes- I would have thought the sweetness was vanilla but maybe it's the myrrh? I actually don't smell anything floral when I wear it but that's probably a good thing, as florals rarely work on me!

exciter76
exciter76

Even if this fragrance was not called ‘Boyfriend’ I would probably still recall a young boy from my teenage years. It was the summer I was to turn thirteen and I’d just developed a crush on the boy next door, the one with whom I had spent several past summers as a complete tomboy. He’d been gone a week or so, camping with his stepfather. When he returned I ran out of the house to hug him as if I had not seen him in decades. As I hugged him I inhaled, taking in the smell of sweat, the camping grounds, his days-old hair product, his…everything. To an outsider, it was plain ol’ funk, a teenage boy long overdue for a shower. For me, however, it was that inexplicable essence of Neighbor Boy that made me miss him all the more desperately and brought indescribable joy upon his return. I picked up the rollerball of Boyfriend and was greeted with this repressed memory.

I love plums as they smell so seductive when they’re used in fragrances; the plum here is seductive but not in a typically vampy way. It’s juicy but not overtly fruity and certainly not too sweetened. The vanillic musk is almost like sweet, mildly perspired skin and the woods are smoky and spicy. (According to a reputable online retailer, there is, in fact, vanilla in the base.) There’s something floral lurking in the background—it’s jasmine, really?—that is purposefully vague, not to cloud up our memories of past and present boyfriends (or husbands). I will agree with many that Boyfriend is more of a fruity chypre than a floral woody musk, much in the same darkly innocent spirit as Jessica Simpson’s Fancy Nights.

Boyfriends have come and gone throughout my life but this hearkens back to the first one, back to a feeling I have found to be elusive. Even for a few minutes, I captured that feeling once again through a single sniff of this very subtle skinscent.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

UMMM, I'm really enjoying this scent. On my skin I get heavenly myrhh mixed with smoky, sweet amber and a bit of musk.

The sillage is fairly good with 2 sprays. To me this isn't a strictly winter or fall scent if you use it with a light hand.

This is also a very long lasting fragrance, on me it lasts over 10 hours with just 2 sprays on the wrist.

It really does smell like a mix of a man's cologne with a woman's sweeter scent with the base of oaky wood and the sweet myrhh and amber. Love it!

brettashley
brettashley

This is way more fantastic than I thought it'd be, but in a very specific way. I get a lot of amber and smoke and plummy jasmine. There's barely any wood in this. Definitely a feminine scent. Dries down soft and wears close to the skin (unless you overdo this, which I can easily imagine doing).

Anyway, the first thing I thought when I smelled this was "VEGAS." It reminds me right away of walking into a club at the beginning of the night, before everything turns into a claustrophobic nightmare of sweat and body odor. Boyfriend is the mingled sweetness of cologne and perfume and clean skin and just a bit of cigarette smoke. Fun fun fun. I'd definitely get a rollerball just to wear for drunken nights out with friends.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Ah, yes, COCOON! That's where I smelled it, but with less chocolatey notes. Haha, funny. The overall impression I get is that it has ambery notes mixed with cardboard. Yes, cardboard. Not disliking it because really the cardboard notes give it personality, which has always been what I look for in a fragrance. Cardboard note aside, it does smell light and sexy.

Airdna
Airdna

This is mainly a warm woody perfume with moderate amounts of floral and sweet notes. The impression is silimlar to Yves Rocher Cocoon but Boyfried is sweeter, spicier and more feminine while Cocoon is more bitter. This one is great for cold weather but too heavy for summer.

Also, this reminds me of those winter holiday cinnamon home fragrances. I guess wearing this to a holiday party will let me blend right in with the decor :D

ScentOCD
ScentOCD

I received a sample of this last night. I'm wearing it today. This is nice. It's softer... far more delicate of a scent than I imagined. The initial spray it's sweet. Actually, very sweet. The dry down is woodsy, amber, and smoky. There's a slight sharp, spicy, almost bitter note that isn't lost in the dry down as well. I'm thinking maybe it's the myrrh. It's feminine, it's sexy. I won't be purchasing it - as there are others I want more. I do like this, though.

I wanted to add - I don't think the sillage is super impressive, the longevity is to be commented on. My boyfriend hugged me when I got up this morning. He sniffed my neck and told me how good I smelled. So... apparently, the longevity is GOOD. :)

Booogie
Booogie

I am insanely in love with this! It's everything I've been wanting lately- dirty, smokey, delicious vanilla. With me, it just works. Yum. I do see how this is a love-or-hate type of scent. I defintely recommend trying before buying. The pulse point oil doesn't last as long as I'd like but I don't mind reapplying.

cajuncocoa
cajuncocoa

Does anyone here remember a perfume from Avon in the 1970s called "Bird of Paradise"? That's what Boyfriend reminds me of...but that's not a bad thing. This is actually quite nice!

TX-in-NH
TX-in-NH

My husband says he smells campfire. But I find it interesting, so this is staying in my collection.

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

Sexy sexy sexy ! Love this a lot, bought a second bottle, this is very bisexual, meaning:loving that scent of a man and a woman , and that's just right up my alley , the power of loving both! Lol

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

Thank you for this perfume! It is lasting and unique! I put it on at 9am and it's 11pm and still wonderful! I am a person who has fading issues and frustrated by many wonderful smells that leave me in 4 hours.

Great to wear on a cold day so you can mentally snuggle your man all day. Great for days when you miss your man. Great for days when you need forgiveness or need to forgive. But you won't smell like a man, you will smell sexy.

Maybe not great after a tragic breakup.

This is the first perfume that for me where the notes match exactly how t smells. No confusion. Up front, warm, loving, sexy.

I love it! I will own very soon!

Aredore
Aredore

I'm surprised that this is considered "Balmy" and "Woody" on the whole; are we developing an immunity to sweetness? I ask because this is incredibly sweet! The woody balmy sexy stuff is there, but lacquered with a sweet veneer. I'm getting strong notes of coconut and pineapple mixed in with the golden woods and amber base. It is "yummy" while still be properly inedible - I guess I am just surprised by what is considered "masculine" now. If my boyfriend turned up smelling like this I would have a few questions for him ...

dame piglet
dame piglet

I tried the rollerball version today. I let it dry a minute and took a sniff...
(begin flashback)
The sun is setting and my perfume is in its twilight also... still there, but nicely merged with my skin. The man I love and I are out and since the sun is starting to set, it's gotten chilly. He offers me his jacket and I can smell the remnants of his cologne as it mingles with the remnants of mine. I'm warming up and I feel love.
(end flashback)
Notes? Well, yeah, myrrh, amber, musk... a little floral, a little sweet, but with the memories floating in my head, the notes weren't really what I was focused on.
This might be the "next big trend" in fragrances... not so much 'unisex' but more 'conjoined'.
I don't think this would be a big "man magnet" fragrance for women, but rather a comfort scent; I would wear this for myself.
Too bad it didn't last long, but rollerballs fragrances never last long on me anyway.

kassinator
kassinator

I could absolutely roll in this stuff. This will always be in my top perfumes. Absolutely delicious. This is sexy and sophisticated and just a little bit naughty. I love the idea that when I'm wearing it I smell just a little bit like my boyfriend (actually my husband!). This is the perfume that made me realize that not all perfumes are floral nightmares. This is amazing layered with so many different scents that it just never gets old. I have the oil and the spray and I love them both. People have noted the oil is different and I'd say yes, it's a little bit softer and more vanilla. They are both perfect.

claudystream
claudystream

It took me a long time finally getting the fragrance (I'm not from the US), but the wait is totally worth it.

The EDP opens with a juicy plum scent and fades into woody vanilla after a while. Unlike the vanilla of Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck (which is unfortunately way too sweet for me), the scent is rich and yummy, yet kept a fresh feel with its woody and fruity notes. I honestly could not help sniffing my wrist. If I were to choose one word to describe the scent, I would probably call it comfortable. It doesn't have the obnoxious headache-inducing sharpness that some floral/fruity fragrances possess, and there is no sticky, shimmery mess where you sprayed it (unlike some other EDPs). Not a fragrance that you could smell from a mile away, but it does draw you in. Now, I stop smelling this on myself after two hours max, but apparently others around me can still sense it. (Though, the scent is definitely still around, if I sniff my clothes at the end of the day.)

And this brings me to the next point: I'm usually at a loss as of when should I refresh the fragrance with the pulse point oil. This travel-friendly item pushes more of the vanilla note (which exacerbates my wrist-sniffing compulsions), but I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be as long-lasting as the EDP. Then again, see point above re my inability to smell anything after a while.

As for the dry body oil, I was initially hesitatant about the idea of spraying what I figured would be grease onto my skin. And damn, was I relieved to realise the liquid is pleasantly light and easily absorbed! It again leans more towards vanilla compared to the EDP, and smells so addictive that I was even rubbing it on my fingertips to smooth the dry skin around my cuticles. (This kind of becomes a problem though as I then don't feel like washing my hands at all, ha.)

Coming to the body creme, I just have to say that this is the best I've used in a long while. It fills your nostrils with the wonderful musky vanilla notes, and is so readily absorbed. I usually wash my hands after applying other body cremes, but this is not sticky at all. In fact, even coupled with the dry body oil, I could still put my clothes on right away without worrying about stains. It's truly wonderful.

News is that Kate Walsh will be coming out with more Boyfriend products in February, and I for one am looking forward to the release. Hopefully I would be able to get my hands on them, this time with a shorter wait...

I must confess when I heard about this fragrance, I was not overly excited or even intrigued. Once I got the PR and saw who the marketing company was and had never heard of the Nose who created it, my expectations fell even lower. With a name like "Boyfriend", I expected a pretty "meh" fruity-floral meets a musky sweaty linen accord kissed with hints of a generic male heavily musk-laden cologne accord. Nothing could be further from the truth...

The listed notes (other than myrrh) seemed pretty common, and I never even really searched this one out. A dear friend included 30 mls of the dry body oil in a swap package. I figured I would at least try it. I am SO glad I did! When I first applied what I thought would be a greasy viscous fluid to my skin, I was amazed at how wonderfully it was absorbed into my skin leaving NO trace of anything (other than a heavenly scent), not even a shine! As this mixed with my male skin and wafted to my nostrils, I actually sighed with pleasure. A creamy fruitiness (vaguely like coconut, though it is not listed) blended with sexy jasmine and fresh green florals billowed around me. Rich plums, neither masculine or feminine, add a dark yet enticing sweetness. Underneath it all, an oriental smoky myrrh teases you; as it blends with the dry golden aroma of amber. Definitely NOT your average fruity-floral, and not exactly a "floral woody musk" (though ALL of those things are present); Boyfriend is more of a dark and fruity chypre. Though the listed notes are linear, it does have some development. Hints of sheer spiciness appear and disappear throughout its wearing and the oriental base is so yummy I would have sworn there were tonka bean here! To be quite honest, this knocked my socks off. WAY OFF!! I tend to roll my eyes at marketing like "for him" and "for her" or just plain ignore it. Do yourself a favor and ignore it as well. This is one of the best (if not THE best) celebrity scent release of 2011. This leans more toward the feminine, but could easily be unisex. A delightful blend of subtle femininity with a warm and sensual woody dry down kissed lightly with musk! I am reviewing this two days after wearing it and the aroma still clings on my hoodie, just like Kate wanted it too.

Sillage: very good
Longevity: excellent
Overall: 4.25/5

For her first scent Kate Walsh has outdone herself. In a world of bland celebrity scents that come out faster than we can keep track of them and an endless bevy of flankers, Boyfriend truly stands out! I am very happy with this dry body oil, yet when I see this for the right price I will definitely want to get a FB of juice, somewhere down the road. I hope that she comes out with a male perfume as high quality as this one. The only problem is: if she goes and calls it "Girlfriend" for Men, I fear that no matter how great it is; no (straight) guy is going to buy it!

modbodmum
modbodmum

I got a free sample in the mail. It is the most grosses over powering hard to get off sent I ever had.

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

The myrrh in this makes it smell like bug spray to me. It takes a lot to make me hate a scent and I really hate this one. Smells very cheap. Had to scrub my wrists to get it off and could still smell it there hours later despite multiple washings.

Raina
Raina

I just don't get this one. I've tried it on paper and on my skin and all I smell is a sour/sharp citrus skinscent. Disappears as soon as you spray it, and if you sniff too hard after it you get a shock of that sour/sharp citrus scent. Very strange.

purrz11
purrz11

I found it to be spicy and bright. I didn't get alot of vanilla or saccharine sweet but it's not manly either. I like it on paper. I want to try it on my skin before buying though.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I've wanted to try this fragrance for so long and must say I'm extremely disappointed. This scent is just nasty. I think it is the Myrhh that I hate so much. Boyfriend is overpowering and not feminine whatsoever.

Whit
Whit

This is on my Christmas wish list. My hubby asked if there were any perfumes I haven't tried and I told him about this one. Imagine his shock when I said "You know, there is one called 'Boyfriend' by Kate Walsh that I haven't tried." His reply, "My Lord! You mean there's one that you haven't tried yet!" LOL Bless his heart, I'm so lucky to have a hubby that understands and humors my perfume addiction. So, hopefully this will be one of my Christmas prezzies and I will definitely update on what it smells like. The notes sound right up my alley!

EDIT: Ok, this ended up being an early present. I really like it and yes, it does have a masculine approach to it, so if that turns you off, you might want to stay away from it. Part of this kinda reminds me of Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson; they're both "smokey" in their nature and bold too. I have read where some thought Boyfriend had an "old lady smell", which may be the myrrh and amber mixing together. The dry down on my skin was a smokey, woody-vanilla and the lasting power was incredible too. Evidently, this smells quite different on everybody, so if it smells bad on you, blame your body chemistry, not the frag. Btw, this was a blind buy and I'm very pleased with it. Perfect for date nights with the hubby. :)

Based on the marketing campaign and professed raison d'être of BOYFRIEND, to create a fragrance which permits Kate Walsh "to take her boyfriend with her wherever she goes," I think that it's safe to say that my expectations were at rock bottom in donning this perfume today. I imagined that this creation would intersect in various ways with one or more of the sweaty musk scents which don't appeal to me very much (CABARET, LOVELY, SO ELIXIR, NR for her, AGENT PROVOCATEUR, etc.). It turns out, however, that Kate Walsh's boyfriend apparently smells like a woody fruity chypre! What a surprise!

BOYFRIEND smells remarkably nice, with marked incense and plum notes conjoined with what seems to be patchouli, along with the amber and no dirty musk whatsoever. No sweat socks or "just got back from running and need a shower" scent is anywhere here to be sniffed. This may be a rare case where the marketing campaign kills rather than sustains a new launch. Well worth trying, by guys and gals alike, this perfume has fairly big sillage and good longevity and occupies the same general olfactory neighborhood as FEU D'ISSEY and KAPSULE WOODY. It is simply being marketed to the wrong crowd!

Would I buy a bottle of a perfume called BOYFRIEND? I should probably wait until this is discontinued and the formula is rebottled under a less ridiculous name. But perhaps in the meantime I'll pick up a roller ball of the perfume oil...

jasmayer
jasmayer

On me, I'm just slammed with the patchouli. I actually like patchouli fine and it does work on me, but that was all that I could smell. I can't actually say I disliked it, but I am disappointed I didn't get some of the other notes from it.

Jusacuz
Jusacuz

I wanted to love it so much, but all I smelled was a chemical vanilla scent. It was overwhelming and never warmed up to any other scent for me. I'm very disappointed.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

WOW. I generally dislike wearing 'masculine' smelling scents, yet this is a thing of beauty. On my skin this is a soft woodsy smell (cedar and myrrh), with a bit of campfire smokiness. Like sticking my nose in a cedar chest! It dries down soft and subtle, almost a skin scent. And it layers so well with feminine florals! I purchased a full bottle of the EDP.

BTW, I did not try the oil rollerball. Judging by the other reviews, Boyfriend smells VERY different on each person, depends on skin chemistry.

dreambiology
dreambiology

Yuck! All I get is incense incense incense!!! Reminds me of church.

glitteralex
glitteralex

I was very surprised at this scent, having read no reviews but having seen the marketing campaign. I expected a fresh light floral with some men's marine notes. What a surprise! BF opens with rich fruits, which quickly give way to a bolt of Cinnamon. Only after a few minutes can I detect Jasmine. I can't find any of the listed Lily in there under all that gingerbread. Some obscure woodsy notes, likely Rosewood, joins with Vanilla to create a warm, spicy, sweet base that's not Musky at all. There is a milkiness reminiscent of coconut, making this definitely a gourmand in my book.

While the concept and ingredients are interesting, the spice is overdosed. I fear this may be its demise.

Compare to Krazy Krizia for Cinnamon note, and Natori (purple) for dark fruits.

Kalima
Kalima

Actually ordered a sample of this for $7 due to the overwhelming number of positive reviews-both peer and critical. Found it opened on the vanilla side but then dried down to an incredibly comforting musk, patchouli, amber, which on me is a perfect mix. Thought it had a shorter scent life, but spouse smell checked it after a few hours and said it still smelled wonderful. Personally feel the price is a bit much and will check the YSL Cocoon as a more cost effective alternative.

Aqua218
Aqua218

I received a sample of this one at a department store the other day. The opening is exactly Coty's Vanilla Fields - a very strong, chemical, saccharine vanilla. Within a minute the amber and myrrh make their grand entrance. Finally, about twenty minutes in, the woodsy notes emerge. I don't detect any obvious plum or jasmine, but the plum must be in there somewhere because overall there seems to be a very well rounded, smooth quality - no sharpness whatsoever. I've noticed that same warm, dark 'plum'pness in other perfumes that contain plum. I keep smelling my wrist expecting not to like it because of the VF flashback, but my nose betrays me. The scent is frustratingly addictive. This Boyfriend is sexy, smooth and kinda dirty. No long-term potential, but ideal for a Fall fling.

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

I don't know about this as a women's fragrance but it would be sexy as hell on a man! It smells like what a rugged, rough-and-tumble "man's man" would come home smelling like after chopping up firewood and starting a campfire by his log cabin...(maybe I've been reading too many romance novels)! The myrrh and cedar give this fragrance such sexy depth but there's a sweetness to it (which I guess is supposed to be what makes this a feminine fragrance) that reminds me of my boyfriend's skin. If he wasn't already set on the cologne he's been wearing for years, I'd ask him to try wearing this.

[Edit] After smelling it again, I kind of want this now, even though I'm sure my bf would say it's too masculine. It's something I would wear just for myself, simply because it's intriguing and I can't stop smelling it. Definitely nice for Fall/Winter.

rebekahM
rebekahM

It was ok, I love the idea behind the name. I found it did not last that long on me.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I tried this today and realized soon after application that I already own this fragrance, cuz this is a dead-ringer for YR's Neonatura Cocoon! It's interesting, because the two have nothing in common in terms of ingredients, and yet the final products are identical twins! If you love Boyfriend but not the price, pick yourself up some YR instead. I'm sure you'll love it.
Edit: Perhaps even more similar to Boyfriend is Halle Berry's first, signature scent. I sampled it the other night and realized later that it totally reminded me of Boyfriend!

Preener
Preener

First application of Kate Walsh's perfume, Boyfriend (pulse point oil). It's not that great--kind of too amber-y. Was hoping that it would smell a little more like MY boyfriend, and not like a mask made of amber was strapped tightly on my face.

3ood
3ood

I was so excited about the concept of this perfume ..i really wanted to love it but it smelled very masculine on my skin ..and it smelled a bit like potpourri.

cocciom
cocciom

This is great by itself, but absolutely to die for mixed with DKNY Golden Delicious.

walkinroundtown
walkinroundtown

Love this scent. I have the pulse oil in the rollerball. On me it smells like a musky oriental with vanilla, chocolate and patchouli notes (which I know is not listed, but still...) with a subtle (for some, too subtle) masculine kick of woods. I love musky oriental unisex fragrances that lean a little to the feminine side. This is a feminine woodsy oriental with a bit of a masculine edge. Love it.

EllenYaSoHawt
EllenYaSoHawt

The bottle and idea are cute, but it smells just like a men's scent...I didn't get anything feminine from it. I'd rather just buy some other men's fragrance if I wanted something masculine.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

I totaly get it! It's such an immaginative composition. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. It's way too manly and incensey. I can't seem to pick up the soft floral or femminity anywhere in it's sillage. I had difficulty washing the smell off my skin. On a good note, it does have a lovely bottle.

patchouli1
patchouli1

Love this scent! Reminds me of nag champa incense. I also get notes of vanilla, & patchouli. Its warm, inviting, and sensual. Strong though so a little goes a long way. You dont want to be heavy handed with this one.

astamm62
astamm62

I really like this scent,It's a warm, cozy,earthy type of scent..To me this smells alot like Yves Rocher's Neonatura Cocoon,I layer both of these scents.If you like Cocoon you might like this.

isabella211
isabella211

here's my lil secret with boyfriend...while its great on its own, it's even more amazing layered! i have now layered this with 2 completely polar opposite perfumes and both are gorgeous. the first layer is with hot couture...seriously to die for! i really can't believe i'm giving that one away, but i figured i would want someone else to share, if they made a similar discovery. the second combo is with L'Air Du Desert Moroccain. while not as complex and exciting as the other combo, these 2 fragrances seem to just enhance one another. it's like one is giving the other an extra boost of power. neither dominates, they just simply help each other out, while working harmoniously.

it's a very warm and smoldering scent, soft, yet completely aware of it self, like a seductress....

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I sat down and thought about the concept. A boyfriend leaves his shirt behind... a boyfriend's scent rubs off on his woman. Man and woman's mixed chemistry. Anyway you interpret it, this fragrance is boyfriend inspired. Therefore, it starts with us. So, considering the depth of the notes I figured, why not give it a try? So, I took my shirt back... so to speak. I received more compliments than women have wearing it on themselves. Earthy, warm, woodsy, musky, rich and amber sweet. I wanted to say "cozy," but since that word has been used here already, I'll say this perfume hugs the soul and makes it a perfect fireplace fragrance. I was timid of "Boyfriend" due to the category in which it was placed. I believe it now deserves a position in my top 5.

spensierata
spensierata

Smells wonderfully warm and sugary... on paper. On my wrist it became overwhelmingly nauseating; a sickly syrupy/cedar under-note emerged and became so dominant that I had to wash it off.

campfirekansas
campfirekansas

I had my reservations about this seeing as it's a celebrity scent... but I LOVE IT!! I don't feel like the scent from the bottle represents how it smells on my skin... it's woodsy and a little spicy with a vanilla dry down that is amazing! It's such a cozy scent. I love it!

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

I haven't given this one a proper trial run yet but nonetheless my impression was favorable. Upon first whiff, the plum + woodsy spice (& I agree that there's definitely patchouli in this mix) reminds me of Givenchy Organza Indecence, which I have a bottle of at home. It shares at least the plum, (patchouli?), amber and muskiness - this just seems to have a little bit more woodsy warmth and sharpness.

I kind of feel like with its woody resinous nature, if I threw together Coco Mademoiselle (clean patchouli, vanilla, bit of freshness, jasmine), Givenchy Organza (sweet, rich, spiced plum woods), and Prada Amber (resiny myrhh) all in one bucket, it wouldn't be dissimilar to this... Well, in theory, to me. In practice, I'm sure it would be a terrible stinky mess, but those are what this perfume brings to mind at first sniff.

It's certainly nice. Well-executed. Really quite tasteful to my mind. But while pretty in a strong, elegant way, it's not quite "me" enough at the moment, nor is it really singular or unique to my mind. It's a masterpiece at being what it says it is, though: the classy, refined, generic, ideal "boyfriend" scent. A rollicking success all around on the part of the noses and the marketers, but while I congratulate them, I doubt I'll need my own bottle any time too soon.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is one of those rare celebrity perfumes that smells like a high-quality scent. It's ultra cozy and warm, without being too sweet. Ambery and woody with an incensey feel. It's highly evocative of the autumn season for me....the resiny-warm quality makes me think of a crackling fireplace and crunchy leaves.

This reminds me a hint of Donna Karan Black Cashmere, but Boyfriend is a softer, more wearable fragrance. I found Black Cashmere a little too incensey and churchy for me. Boyfriend is a nice balance between unique and wearable. This may well join my fragrance collection one day.

The only thing I don't love is the bottle...the whole "wear him" concept is pretty cheesy.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Wow, I really love this. Thanks for the surprise sample Anna_gr! This one's a really great find.

From the name I was expecting something younger and lighter smelling (not that older gals can't have boyfriends too), but this has the depth that I look for in a well blended perfume.

Very slightly floral with an amber glow, and a little bit of a niche feel to this--rich, resinous and just a touch of wood and dark fruit which makes it seem almost figgy.

Sillage and longevity are fantastic. Most sensuous all the way.

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

Received a sample of Boyfriend with another purchase (thankyou ngreeny), put it on and have been smelling my wrists ever since. Such a lovely and unique fragrance this will be on my "I want list". Warm, sweet, wood and musk on my skin

misscareyann
misscareyann

I don't get patchouli from Boyfriend at all, but I do get a honey-wood type of scent on my skin. Holly Madison came out with a similar fragrance for The Girls Next Door a few years back, and it has been discontinued. Boyfriend will serve as a replacement for it.
I don't find it masculine, or even spicy. Just a mellow sweet wood.
By the way, MY boyfriend complimented me on this fragrance and asked me what I was wearing.
I guess by that alone, Boyfriend is a keeper.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I tested this yesterday evening without having reviewed the notes in advance, and I will tell you that I am surprised to see this fragrance listed as a floral-woody-musk! It behaved more like a woody-oriental on me.

I got a hefty blast of patchouli in the opening notes, quickly accompanied by sticky-sweet almost vanilla-like myrrh note, and a lot of aoud.

I know this makes very little sense based on the notes that are listed, but I can tell you that it was definitely (on my skin) a sticky-sweet patchouli-myrrh-aoud scent! The patchouli does fade in the dry-down, but there was no denying its presence in the top notes.

Eos
Eos

Boyfriend is a patchouli and amber bomb with a prominent myrrh note in the base. I don't get much of any floral or fruity notes and I'm not sure that its particularly feminine leaning as the overall feel is intensely woody and almost hot smelling. I would call it solidly unisex and not particularly revolutionary or interesting but certainly pleasant smelling and wearable.

Natalie467
Natalie467

Review of the pulse point perfume oil (roller ball):

Boyfriend is a very warm, woodsy and sexy scent. Easy to wear, quite enjoyable. I'd call it unisex, this would smell fabulous on a man. The concept of this is cute and original (to me at least). I get mostly musk, woods and a bit of jasmine. Seems to stay close to the skin, but I'll get a pleasant whiff of it without having to stick my nose to wrist. I can't get enough of the roller ball perfume, I kind of wished I had taken the plunge and purchased the EDP spray.

tsth
tsth

This was a blind-buy for me, and I am so thrilled. For me it is a very smooth,soft,woodsy,patchouli fragrance. It is what Imperial Opoponax and Antique Patchouli would be IF I blended them just right and added a hint of woods and vanilla. I don't get any floral either. This is what I want "patch" to be for me...very smooth. I'm going to be wearing this one primarily for a while, can't get enough of it.

Cozy warm wood with sweet oriental quality. It's not super woody because I get more of patchouli and some musky amber. Floral note is not very memorable as I can't recall a thing. It is pretty created for both sexes. Man and woman feel free to try!

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

A walk in the WOODS! So rich and warm I just love it. In my opinion this is another well done masculine scent for women!

I happen to LOVE woodsy notes <3

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

I purchased the fragrance without first smelling it. Once it arrived (via HSN) I opened the box, sprayed it on my skin, I instantly feel in love with it. Its a very spicy scent. It also lasts very long on your skin. I highly recommend this fragrance. You too can now enjoy the scent of man, without having to hear his irritating voice. lol!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Very very woodsy scent! I can't detect the floral notes mostly woods and musk. Seems to stay on good since I sprayed it on my hand walked around for hours then washed my hand and still can smell it. It's different but I think it's kind of sexy! I have something similar in my collection it's Secret 88 by Victoria Secret but this one is stronger and less sweet!

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

DISGUSTING!!! (on me that is), it reeks of the bottom of a hamster cage, I get no floral, just cedar...tons of cedar, yuck!

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I am looking forward to this I like the concept of the fragrance.I hope they reduce the price for the introduction.

guest_Bridget
guest_Bridget

I just received a package from HSN today and there was a sample (like the pages in magazines). It smells WONDERFUL! Has some patchouli in it, which some may not like, but it is great! Can't wait to get it.

Boyfriend by Kate Walsh 3.93 out of 5 based on 562 ratings and 159 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kate Walsh Boyfriend fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kate Walsh Boyfriend, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boyfriend by Kate Walsh. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boyfriend by Kate Walsh represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.