Designers » I-K » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Katy Perry's Mad Potion Katy Perry for women

Katy Perry's Mad Potion  Katy Perry for women
dislike

Katy Perry's Mad Potion  Katy Perry for women Videos
Katy Perry's Mad Potion  Katy Perry for women Pictures Katy Perry's Mad Potion  Katy Perry for women Pictures Katy Perry's Mad Potion  Katy Perry for women Pictures

The new "pillar" of the Katy Perry fragrance collection in collaboration with Coty begins in 2015 with the release of Katy Perry's Mad Potion. Mad Love fragrance is also announced as a part of this collection, coming out in the fall 2015.

This sexy vanilla - musky composition opens with accords of vanilla orchid, peony and apple musk. The heart includes a mixture of Borbon vanilla, jasmine petals and delicate, soft musk, while the base captures oriental flavors of vanilla, amber and sexy musk.

Available as 15 and 30 ml Eau de Parfum, along with Deo Natural Spray of 75 ml, shower gel and body lotion.

Katy Perry's Mad Potion was created by Stephen Nilsen and Natasha Cote.

Vanilla orchid Peony Apple

Vaniglia Del Kerala

Katy Perry's Mad Potion Fragrance Reviews

JordyK
JordyK

I like the smell, and wear the scent if I'm just hanging out at home or going to work.
But in all honestly, the bottle is hideous, and it does not sit with my other perfumes because it's just not a nice look.

crazy_chic88
crazy_chic88

This perfume ain't too bad for everyday wear. It's a shame though that the longevity isn't that great but it's good enough for me to wear casually. It kinda reminds me of beach vibes for some reason which is good :)

Erinbath22
Erinbath22

I smell this every day on a child in my class! She must be a big Katie Perry fan. I actually assumed it was a scented hairspray until I tested this at a Kmart on a whim. It's the sickly sweet cloud I smell every day surrounding this kid. It is very, very, very candy sweet, and very, very strong. So maybe she oversprays?
Longetivity and sillage is also good. I can smell it just as loud at 2 as it was at 9am. Candy, vanilla syrup, way over-sugared vanilla to the point of being kind of unpleasant, at least to me.

lizzyllane
lizzyllane

Quite nice for a celebrity fragrance! Picked it up at a pharmacy for only $24.95, liked it because to me it has similar notes to Britney Spears - In Control (Curious) which is another celebrity fragrance I'm partial to. I'd say if you like that Britney one then check this out.

Not usually into celeb fragrances, as I find them generic and watermelon-scented but those 2 definitely grab me.

kismetdaisy

I can spray half of this bottle, and within a second, the smell is non-existent. I can barely get a feel for what it smells like cause it has such poor longevity! When you first spray it, there's this overwhelming alcohol smell-- ultimately drying down to a very alcohol/plastic vanilla apple. This would be more appropriately sold at the disney store, or at the dollar store in the kid's section. I really hate to knock a perfume so bad, but this is kinda sad :( I wonder if this was meant for kids tho? Young teens? I see a lot of people raving about the bottle-- yeah, i don't see the appeal. I can typically roll with some pretty tacky bottles, but this one is too much for me to handle. I think if this had a nicer bottle, we wouldn't be so automatically biased toward the perfume. We might of made excuses for it, or maybe it wouldn't have been predisposed to such harsh judgement. But basing off first impression of the bottle, and then the scent itself.. all together it's just... Bad. I could say it's a kid's perfume-- but even kids perfumes are nicer and longer lasting than this. Vanilla is my favorite note--I figured this would be a definite like. It even smelled good at Kohl's --guess I was wrong. If you are craving a Katy Perry perfume with heavy vanilla, stick with Meow. It's beautiful, the bottle so cute and it's a true vanilla bomb.

candieslove
candieslove

why there are so many people disliking this scent?
looking at the fragrance notes of this perfume it smells like pure vanilla

the bottle look very cool and well design
the box is so simple and cool

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

I like this scent but at the same time, it is a little disappointing. It smells nice but the fragrance has no depth or further development, and it doesn't last very long even when I use the matching lotion.

duchess_atreides
duchess_atreides

I bought this last summer but didn't use it until a few days ago (I'd been busy with my signature lavender scent. But I decided to remember why I liked it a few months ago and I've been binging on it for a week now. Spraying at least 3 times a day. The longevity is ok, but I want to be smelling it continously, so I keep putting on more. Sillage is not strong, but it's ok. Enough for my fragrance personality to show, but not enough to choke people, especially since my tastes are a bit unusual.

I hear the strongest note is vanilla, but I don't feel vanilla at all with this one. Burned sugar, yes, but not vanilla. It also makes me feel warm, it reminds me of heat. I can tell it's going to be one of my all time favorites.

A friend says it smells like a very rich, dense, oversweet chocolate cake to her. Guess sweet scents are not very much liked.

kismetdaisy

Hello everyone. I have a 1oz full bottle of this up for swaps if anyones interested. I still have the box. PM me. I also have other swap listings in my profile info.

AngelLove
AngelLove

A very cute perfume. I love it. It's soft and comforting, and very gentle. I think it's a lovely perfume. And I adore the bottle and the colour.

filicales
filicales

I haven't tried it on my skin but in the bottle it slells almost exactly like Pink Sugar

Pure Love
Pure Love

I LOVE Mad Potion. It's such a gorgeous delight of a perfume. Everything about it is gorgeous - the bottle (fabulous!), the colour, the lid, the box. Really wonderful. Very decorative and fun.

And the smell is absolutely lovely! Lasts very well, and envelopes me in a soft cloud of delicate sweetness for hours. Always picks me up, whether I need it or not. Sweet, but not cloying at all. Delicate, vanilla musk, with crisp apple, and soft and gentle flowers, and smooth amber. Soothing.

Such a good perfume. Adorable.

LenaT
LenaT

Got this one really cheap. A small bottle.It is a musky sweet vanilla. Occasionally I wear it to work.

Fragrant Desert
Fragrant Desert

Update: More appreciation with a few more wears. I've come to discover a real like for most KP fragrances. However, I'll start my review with the one I prefer least .. Mad Potion. I get musk and vanilla but they aren't married to my nose. We have musk. We have vanilla. The other notes don't seem to harmonize these two major notes. Now, they don't clash the musk and vanilla .. but I suggest you check out Britney Spears Intimate Fantasy for a scent where I think this idea works marvelous. IF uses genet instead of musk but there is a blend and wafting of the notes that just intoxicates and is quite dreamy. Also wish the bottle here with Mad Potion wasn't so cheesy. It isn't a wretched perfume by any means .. just sort of a miss for me. I recommend starting with another KP choice like either of her kittys or jeweled offerings.

kessyster
kessyster

When I was looking for perfumes on eBay ( actually I have planned to buy the Mad Love) so I bought from a shop on eBay the Mad Love...but guess what's happened? They send me the wrong one ( The Mad Potion) I was quite MAD because this! Anyways, I complained to them so the apologise and they send the right one ( the Mad Love). And they told for me to keep as well the Mad Potion as a gesture of good will. So I give this one a try recently ( Mad Potion)...from start I find a bit too Stromg...a bid strange smell...hard to explain. Once is dry it gets better though. Is quite sweet but in a good way ( at least for my nose). I have to admit, I was smelling my arms all the time , which means I was enjoying the smell. Sweet, powdering , candy like...musky...I think I like it as I love sweet smells.

mmm777pisces
mmm777pisces

Terrific, super lovely perfume. Such a lovely smell, which lasts and lasts, all day at least, on me. It's so soft, vanillary and musky, with a lovely touch of apple, soft and delicate flowers, and soothing amber.

It's one of my very favourites, and I wear it a lot. It carries nicely to surround me, and I'm in a lovely soft cloud of it all day. Beautiful.

Love the bottle and the colour, and the wonderful box too!

Mwalton
Mwalton

I like this but wont be rebuying it simply because the lasting power is terrible. Unless I find it for $5.99 like one of the other reviewers. Its marshmallow to me mostly. It kind of reminds me of M by Mariah Carey but without the incense or the longevity.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Just bought a 1.0 oz for 5.99 at tjmaxx..Its not that spectacular to me I do smell vanilla but this is like a kiddie perfume.. Bottle looks cheap I'll keep it because it was cheap and I'd waste more energy returning it .. 3/10 for smell idk about lasting power cause I sprayed about an hour ago and I'm reviewing now but if I have a change of anything I'll update.

RubyZeraphina
RubyZeraphina

This is my signature scent. I love it. I especially love the bottle! I wish the bottle was the same colour as the perfume! And the box, I love that too. I love black, and purple.

And the perfume itself is gorgeous! Beautiful. Very sweet and gentle, but very long lasting on my skin. I love the mixture of apple, peony, orchid and jasmine, with the smooth, delicious and creamy vanilla, musk and amber. It's not too sweet - just perfect.

It lasts easily 12 hours, and the sillage is just right for me - just a couple of feet around me, so I'm enveloped in this gorgeous purple, sweet, flowery smell. Superb.

My husband loves it too, and even sprays it on himself occasionally!

maz7
maz7

This is divine! I love everything: the colour, the bottle, the box - and the perfume itself is magic! It's completely beautiful for me. Such a gorgeous, gentle sweet and comforting perfume. Lasts very well, and carries a good few feet. It's very feminine, and not at all too sweet; it has a good balance of the flowers and apple, with the very lovely vanilla and musk. Definitely one of my very favourites.

Black Secret
Black Secret

Good on you Katy love!! Keep them guessing!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Angel Cat
Angel Cat

Oh I am so happy!!! I love this!! It's gorgeous - beautiful - I'm MAD about it!!! Really. I was not expecting to at all, because of it having so many bad reviews here, but....FANTASTIC!!! I think it's fantastic. And I am so lucky too, in that I get a beautiful combination of all the notes! It's not just vanilla/musk for me at all! It's a gorgeous fruity, flowery sweet mixture of a potion. I love Katy's perfumes; every one I have blind-bought, and loved! I have Meow, Purr and Killer Queen Royal Revolution, and now Mad Potion, and I am definitely going to get all of hers if I can, when I can! She's terrific (with her perfumes). And, it lasts really well on me too. All day, and I can still just smell it when I'm in bed! Amazing. Considering I was expecting the worst! And the sillage is very pleasantly gentle. The people around me can smell it a little. It's really lovely. Thank you Katy.

And.....the BOTTLE!!! Wow! It is superb!! It's my favourite bottle and colour of all my perfumes, and anything else I've seen. I love the colour! I love the design of the bottle, and the box. A true love of mine.

p.s. I forgot so say; I only bought Katy Perry's Mad Potion (I love saying the whole name!) FOR THE BOTTLE!!! I didn't care at all whether I liked the perfume or not, I just wanted the bottle, to look at!! It's so gorgeous! So, I am very very happy that I love them both!! Sadly though the colour of the perfume will disappear, because I'll be using it a lot! I'll have to buy ANOTHER ONE - FOR THE BOTTLE (full, with the purple liquid in it!)!!!! LOL!!!

bribri121994
bribri121994

I only get vanilla, marshmallow and sugar from this perfume. Not necessarily a bad thing, and I feel it's right for the target market. The bottle is quite interesting, and the purple coloured fluid was what interested me in the first place. I much prefer Pink Sugar or Prada Candy if I want to do a sweet, gourmand perfume. I can fully understand why people love it, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

raw umber
raw umber

Mad Potion is about equal parts sharp white musk and vanillin (artificial vanilla). It's slightly powdery and very reminiscent of plastic hairspray and marshmallows. That said, I kind of like that sort of thing, so this is not really a miss for me. It's more of a skin scent than VS Vanilla Lace, and Body Fantasies Vanilla, which both have incredible projection and similar vanillin/white musk scent profiles.

Mad Potion's skin scent properties make it ideal for hot humid summer conditions because it actually lasts up to 12 hours on me and does not overwhelm me or anyone in my vicinity. If you want to smell like a plastic vanilla doll, this one is definitely worth checking out, but only if you can find it heavily discounted. I found a 30 ml. for the price of a sample.

ETA: I'm surprised that so many people seem to favor Meow over this. I feel that Katy Perry's quality is uniform throughout her entire range. In my experience, there is a very strong plastic hairspray element in every one of her scents. Whether or not that's problematic is up to the individual.

*_Lilly_*
*_Lilly_*

Tried this one on today... Vanilla, vanilla and vanilla !
It is almost like a body spray, I agree...
I do like it though and kept smelling my arm. I have Simply Pink (A. Pink sugar version) and I prefer that bc it has a noticeable licorice note. This I will/would buy if I found it discounted :) Yep - yep!
DID FIND IT CHEAP SO I BOUGHT IT. It is nothing really special, good safe boring vanilla scent :)

Littlewing8_9
Littlewing8_9

Don't judge me I'm 27 and I LOOOVE this....okay, it's not like it's a sophisticated "light blue" or "angel", even.....but it's just the straight up smell of guess....

BLACKBERRIES!!!!!!

Blackberries ripening in the summer heat, heady, heavy, warm and sweet sweet sweeet.....the dark, melting juicy sweet of warm summer nectar trickling down your throat...yes, if you've never picked over-ripe blackberries and eaten them immediatley, then you kind of won't know the smell...until you smell this!

It's kind of like creamy blackberry milkshake or something.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Got this at a discount price; the only reason I bought it since I like the other Perry's frags. This one is sooooo sheer is just like a body spray; a very sheer vanilla frag that you can use around your house or to run errands. It's perfect for layering with spicy oils though.

kittypug582
kittypug582

I absolutely love this scent. I love the scent of vanilla, but had never been able to find a vanilla-dominant fragrance that I felt worked for me. Then I found this one. It isn't a complicated perfume at all, but I actually love that simplicity. This one is a keeper for me.

jreyes366
jreyes366

To be honest, I was expecting something really nice from this cute little bottle. When I sprayed it on my wrist, I was so let down. There was so little scent coming from this it was ridiculous. I can only speak from my experience with this perfume and I have to say it wasn't good. I feel that cheap body sprays have better sillage and staying power. I really like Katy and her other fragrances this one disappointed me for sure.

Kohla1

I love vanilla. But even I got rid of this. Nothing special at all and lasted 2 minutes.

loisperfume
loisperfume

Ok mad potion! When i first seen it.. I thought it has a powerful sillage and longevity. Coz of the name Mad potion sounds like a powerful mad girl with a extra ordinary power of magic. That can make a potion that can hypnotized many guys. But NO! Lol. When i first saw it. I love the box and the bottle i think ots kinda girly and the design are pretty good. Its like a real bottle of potion in chemistry lab. The color violet liquid reminds me of her killer queen lines and purr/meow. But. When i sprayed it. I feel disappointed. I feel like im wearing a child's cologne.. I smell the vanilla with the hint of apple then little musky and powdery. It reminds me also of my neice eating a lot of candys then when her sticky mouth is dry. Its smells like tht. Its smells old vanilla mixing with water that stock in the shelves for a decades. Lol.. The sillage and longevity on my skin is weak. I bougt it for 30$ here in my country for 100 ml. I just want u to know guys that perfume here in the philippines are so expensive comparing to other country like usa.. So my rate for this perfume from (1-10)
Box&bottle- 7
Scents- 5
Longevity- 3
Sillage- 3

MoonFlare
MoonFlare

There was really no need for Mad Potion when there's Meow. It's almost like Mad Potion was the failed experiment of Meow, but Katy decided to release it anyway. Then again, maybe I'm saying this because Meow is her best vanilla bombed perfume (in my opinion).
And I love Meow.

I get a huge amount alcohol and vanilla, and I feel where all the alcohol is, thats where all the other notes should have been. However, I can't detect them with so much alcohol.

Mad Potion quickly became a skin scent and lasted about 3 hours on me. I think Meow is a much better option.

UPDATE: I can't get away from wearing this scent on humid nights. I can faintly smell the floral notes and the sugar-cubed, musky, vanilla goodness. The projection is low, but what makes MP intimate is that someone must be in very close proximity to get a whiff..thats what makes it sexy. I carry the 30ml bottle in my purse to reapply. Once again, this tells you about its lasting power.

Meow by day, Mad Potion by night. Purr is more floral than both of these, and can also be worn in the night time, but definitely not sexy like Mad Potion.

Summer.ladon.smith
Summer.ladon.smith

It smells a lot like Pink Sugar &/or Candies original. But at a higher price point. The sent is a super syrupy sweet cloying cotton candy. Really it just makes me think of some gross sticky fingered kid... yuck. I think this perfume could only work on a pre-teen. Staying power is decent, packaging I think is a bit tacky. Not Mad, just bad.

PerfumeKing14

first spray is pure alcohol for 15 seconds then the vanilla comes through & within another 10 seconds its gone. wow, this stuff is awful. mad it is NOT.

rushrocker
rushrocker

I sprayed this at Kohl's the other day on a tester strip. I liked it enough that I took the strip home and was greeted with a sexy, generic, vanilla scent reminiscent of something you'd find in the late 90's early 2000's. It lasted on the tester strip for a whole week so I was surprised to see the longevity rating here. Anyways I really like this perfume!

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

Even tho I'm a 36 year old punk, I love Katy's perfumes!

Meow is my favorite.

This is utter crap, honestly. It's nice... uber sweet scents, foodie/gourmand, spicy vanillas... those are my things and while this is nice.... it lasts for crap and I'm totally disappointed.

I don't mind a sweet generic scent, but this is just a waste. :(

LexiOD
LexiOD

When Mad Potion first came out, I was obsessing over Victoria's Secret's Vanilla Lace and decided I had to have some sort of vanilla bomb perfume for my collection. My younger cousin heard I was looking into getting this perfume, so she bought it as a going away gift for me before I moved across country.
First off, this bottle is so cute. I know a lot of people think it resembles a cheap toy, but I think that's the fun of it. It doesn't look adult in any way, shape, or form, and it's silly and fun and unique. It definitely looks like some sort of crazy potion the Mad Hatter would have cooked up.
I go back and forth between smelling the lovely floral, fruity notes mixed with the vanilla and just straight up smelling what I can only describe as "stinky" vanilla, as in yes, it's vanilla, but it smells rancid, in a way. This is strange, to me, because my perception of this fragrance seems to go back and forth every time I smell it. It's extremely odd and kinda adds to the fun and cooky aspect of this fragrance.
The same goes for when I wear it. Some days, I think it's lovely, other days, I feel like I sprayed myself with some sort of sticky, cheap kid's perfume. I can't honestly tell how to feel about it since it's not consistent with my nose. I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue.
The lasting power isn't great, but it's not really made to be, I suppose.
Overall, if you do opt for this fragrance, don't spend too much money as I feel you'll have to keep this with you to reapply throughout the day. This is definitely a strange one, but it's not the worst scent I've ever encountered by far. I suppose tread with caution, as your nose could go either way. 6/10 for both fun and inconsistency.

xx

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

It reminds me of a uncomplicated and less classy version of Van Cleef & Arpel's Orchidee Vanille which I LOVE and really want (but it is sooo expensive) This is a great alternative, and a sweet chocolatey (the orchid I guess) and vanilla scent. A feminine and lovely warm and sweet scent. Don't get any apple but that is fine - I love a good ol' vanilla scent :) I don't understand why it get so much hate :(

On me it lasts great - but it is not so powerfull, and I think that's why many voters think it is weak and doesn't last. Personally I like that it isn't a in your face powerfull fragrance - in that case it would be very suffocating because of the heavy vanilla.

I am not really a fan of the bottle. I think it is kitch, but not pretty or cute. Just plain weird (sorry!)

All in all: a great vanilla fragrance :)

tea-with-rissa
tea-with-rissa

NEVER ASHAMED TO ADMIT THAT THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SCENTS. Yes, it is a little generic, and yes, the packaging is ugly BUT its light and airy vanilla scent is to die for. Just the smell is enough to warm you up on a chilly autumn afternoon.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

greenelf
greenelf

I bought a roller ball of this scent, curious about the name and it was marked down to half price at Walgreens--but I cannot smell this scent on my skin AT ALL! I have a pretty good nose, too, so this is just plain weird. A lot of other reviews mention vanilla and burnt praline, but, honestly--I get NOTHING! Very odd.

La vie de boheme
La vie de boheme

Big disappointment for me,and I'm not that hard to please with fragrances.
I cannot get anything but synthetic vanilla from this,no other notes at all,it's weak and pretty boring tbh.

I have all of Katy's other scents and like them all,there's nothing in her range as uninteresting as this one.
I just don't know what happened here,it doesn't suit her style,there's nothing "mad" about it,the bottle isn't great irl,why bother?

I would suggest that it's better for autumn,as I would think that the vanilla would be too cloying for spring/summer.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Tacky bottle with a nice but very basic synthetic-vanilla-candy-floss scent inside. I like it because I like sweet scents and there is certainly nothing off putting about Mad Potion....but Meow is so much better a vanilla than this. And candy floss has been done so much better in other fragrances.

I guess I don't see the point of this one. Oh, and it doesn't last.

dipisor
dipisor

Sweet vanilla scent. I feel some citrus in it, too, though. Unfortunately, doesn't last at all on my skin. Very similar to Aquolina Pink Sugar in my opinion, which has great longevity.

Lucky7z
Lucky7z

I love this!!!

This was a blind buy for me and OMG its simply vanilla heaven for me!!!!

This smells like a vanilla cupcake to me with hints of a touch of floral.

Sillage & longevity are both moderate for me.

Definitely will be a repeat buy for me!!<3

Nil3

( it's not fair how a bottle can influence you psychologically on how to judge a scent)

Many reviews here, most of them actually , made me NOT look forward to this blind buy.
One mentioned that this is a 'masterpiece '. A little over board, I suppose.

A vanilla creme brûlée is the first hit.
I say brûlée cuz there IS a burned sugar element to it . Or maybe it's the deep bourbon vanilla.
To my luck , I get the so called apple musk which immediately evens the sweetness out.
Wish the musk stages would last longer. Is 8$ worth the 30ml? No.
All in all 2-3 hours on my skin.

Thousands of body mists last longer and have better quality. I could easily bathe in it. So personally I think it's ridiculous that a 50 and 30ml exist of this bottle. The smallest should be a 100ml.

Sharing it with my 4 year old daughter.

Edit: sprayed before bed at 10 pm, and got whiffs of it at 4 am. A pleasant vanilla scent.

PinkRainbow
PinkRainbow

I just got it, and it is wonderful! The apple and bourbon vanilla notes blend beautifully... it is definitely "there", but not too strong. Good lasting power.

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

When I was a little girl I got given my first perfume. It was called sugarplum fairy and I was in love with the smell. 20 years later I smell mad potion and a flurry of wonderful emotions came flooding back with one sniff! I had to buy it purely for the trip down memory lane !! It's Deffo aimed at a younger crowd it's very sweet and cute and lovely. It's a happy smell for me.

Simkitty181
Simkitty181

Sweet, Creamy, Warm and Floaty.
~The Epitome of Vanilla

this is absolutely delicious smelling.

Definitely aimed towards a younger crowd
... but i still love it regardless <3

...
PS:
if your bottle smells like alcohol...
sometimes when it comes straight from the factory,
the oils haven't had a chance to mix and mature,
so give it some time. c:

Otherwise, it's the seller's fault...
for not taking good care of the perfume(s)

unsrsly
unsrsly

This is awful. I couldn't smell it after 4 minutes of spraying it. What I did smell was pure alcohol with a tiny bit of vanilla scent. This is ridiculously bad, wow.

piggyluv
piggyluv

What's to say? It's vanilla, with poor silage and longevity. Probably could be used to layer; but in all honesty there are many superior inexpensive vanilla scents on the market. Someone phoned this one in.

ivitab
ivitab

It smells like pure alcohol...

Suzybee
Suzybee

This is straight up Vanilla with hints of floral. Sillage and longevity are both minimal. I might list this one on ebay since I prefer Meow's vanilla to this one. Still a nice scent though.

a_u_r_a
a_u_r_a

I agree with those who are saying it is a generic vanilla perfume. Powdery vanilla is all I can pick up from it. I do not think it is appropriately named, nor does it seem like a Katy Perry perfume (which I would expect to be out of the ordinary and more fun).

I would expect fruit and dark notes from a Mad Potion, not pure, innocent vanilla.

I also read in a magazine that Katy Perry wears this to feel sexy. While I agree that men tend to love the smell of vanilla, it doesn't make me feel sexy and confident like a more opulent, darker, smokier perfume would.

I think this perfume would be very suitable for all ages, from a woman looking for a nonoffensive work perfume and for young girls, even girls in elementary school. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like a soft vanilla smell.

I do not regret my purchase - I got the tiny bottle of perfume in a set for $10 along with body wash and lotion at Walgreens.

sassa7
sassa7

too candy sweet. It reminded me of these little cupcake dolls I had when I was a kid, you know the ones where their dress smelled like cupcakes. But I don't reject it, I wouldn't mind it as a casual winter scent.

matillyrose
matillyrose

I finally got hold of a bottle of Mad Potion today. The prices have been insane in Australia and I absolutely refuse to pay top dollar for a celebrity perfume. Finally they are more realistically priced.

For me this is Sugar Cubes that have had Vanilla extract slowly dripped over the cubes until they dissolve and then Sherbet Fizz stirred through.

Mad Potion is a simple fragrance but it is different to any other Vanilla based fragrance I have experienced.

Longevity on the skin (and it was a hot day today) was 4 hours before it lost its potency. I think I could make it last longer sprayed on my clothes.

I really enjoy this fragrance, love the bottle and the sparkly lid. Purple is my favourite colour, everything just oozes gorgeous.

Loved it so much went straight out and purchased another bottle.

ksugrl79
ksugrl79

I LOVED THIS! I'm so in love with this fragrance of hers, its my favorite of all of hers! It may be because my chemistry pulls vanilla real well. It's a mix of boozy, and faintly exotic floral vanilla. The village lasts about 5-6 hours on me. Projection is moderate...not like I want my scent to arrive 10-15 feet before me. It's aan inviting scent, meant to invite others.

nightcutter
nightcutter

This is a very sweet smell. I can pick out a candy floss aroma and a hint of vanilla. It is also very dilute - no one will smell this on you. I don't see the point to it. Meow does the same thing but better. Thumbs down from me.

JetsBabe
JetsBabe

It's just ok. Katy Perry's worst. Or a "worst" tie with "Killer Queen"

Smells like cotton candy to me. A little similar to "Pink Sugar" BUT no burnt sugar smell.

Very average. Do not hate it, but don't love it either.

Alison Wonderland
Alison Wonderland

I just don't know...

Unlike Taylor Swift's perfume line (of which I only dislike Wonderstruck and can't comment on Incredible Things which I have not tried yet) the rest of the line I own and love, with Wonderstuck Enchanted remaining my signature despite some strong designer contenders.

However, Katy Perry's line is so hit and miss with me. I have actually grown to love Royal Revolution, and use it far more than I thought I would when getting the gift set 50% off at only £10 for the EDP, shower gel and lotion. However, Purr was so generic/synthetic to me, and Killer Queen (despite loving the name and bottle) was overly cloying and just smelled bad to me. I haven't tried meow yet, or this one as so many reviews describe it as a liner vanilla (and I just picked up Warm Vanilla Sugar as well as Vanilla Bean Noel at BBW's sale at 75% off (basically paying only $3.75 each for two body sprays and a body butter) and while I love the bottle design (come on, have you seen my username and profile? ;)) I am pretty much obsessed with anything Alice in Wonderland related, but it would really annoy me to get the gift set of this and have a scent that is the same sillage/longetivity as my $3.75 Bath and Body Works mist? Jury is still out on if I should get a gift set of this, or another of Royal Revolution, which I already know I really like. I will update if I come across a tester though, or can get this discounted enough....I really do love the bottle.

If any of you lovely Fragnanticans can help me solve this dilemma, and think I should try this or stay by my trusted Royal Revolution, please do send me a PM! I would be most grateful :)

In Vogue
In Vogue

A masterpiece! This perfume is to Katy Perry what "Passion" was to Liz Taylor. Maybe it's not a coincidence both bottles are purple? Don't get me wrong, this isn't Passion. This is a very unique, complex fragrance. It reminds me of the love-child of Hypnotic Poison and Pink Sugar, but with more jasmine and musk, yet it's still like nothing I've ever smelled! I do notice a slightly "burnt sugar" smell in the dry-down.
By the way, the sillage is huge. I just used the body lotion from my gift-set, and didn't even need the fragrance with it and it lasted all day. If I use the fragrance as well, it will definitely be a night-time, going out scent.
I read the Katy Perry says this is her chosen going out at night fragrance. I chalked that up to publicity, until I smelled this, and now I absolutely believe her. This smells expensive, classy, complex and remarkable.
The bottle is super-cute and fun, love the '60's retro throwback kitsch.

mystica

I believe that's an ideal perfume gift for a little girl. I have a niece who is obsessed with Monster High dolls, their styles of which actually pretty much fit with the bottle design. And the soft, one dimensional vanilla scent is I believe ideal both for her and to scent the dolls. I just worry about initiating her into the perfume cult, just in case she never recovers like me...

kristamb
kristamb

I have to say, I loved VS Vanilla Lace back in the 90s, as did all the girls at my school (!!) and this seems like Katy Perry's version of this perfume. I really feel like this perfume is pretty 1-dimensional...I don't get any floral notes--just bourbon vanilla and cream. It's a nice scent, but nothing memorable or original! I don't feel like the bottle, name, or description really fit the fragrance itself.

ppetra-
ppetra-

I got to test it out from a fresh new bottle, I believe the first one was off, which I tested earlier. It's kind of good in some way. It's a boozy, powdery, silly vanilla. It's for you who don't care for reapplications(since it's not needed with this frag!), or about big brand names on your bottles, but want something nice and sweet. And the longevity is great! 8+ hours and it's still going strong. Sillage, I don't know about that, but longevity, gosh, why can't all scents stay on this good? :)

VioletNoir
VioletNoir

I really should have paid attention to the negagtive reviews. I thought everybody was trippin. I was like it cant be that bad! Well, Mad Potion isnt bad but its so plain. It just smells like plain old weak vanilla. Its a very weak version of Vanilla Lace by Victorias secret. I Like vanillla Lace and i will just buy that. Mad potion is 20 bucks for 1 ounce. Too much money to spend on such a bland generic perfume. I will pay a lot for a good smelling perfume though

Cel405
Cel405

I was given this, along with a few others that were in the after-Christmas clearance section. I had no clue what the notes would be in this, so I was really curious what it would smell like.

Actually, it's not that bad! I won't go so far as to say I love it, but it's alright. I mainly get a slightly boozy vanilla with some amber and musk. I also pick up some of the orchid, but just slightly. I don't detect jasmine at all in this. I've seen where people compare this to Pink Sugar. I wore Pink Sugar for years, and to me this smells NOTHING like it at all. PS was very cotton candy-ish / vanilla and musk to me. This is different to my nose.

This isn't a scent that you would call sophisticated by any means. It's pretty straight-forward without a whole lot of complexity to it. Still, it's a nice scent that sits fairly close to the skin and smells youthful without feeling like you're drowning in a sea of sugar. There's something about it though that kept me sniffing my wrist!

celebrity89
celebrity89

There are already 20 inexpensive versions of Pink Sugar out there with nice bottles that don't drudge up Beverly Hills 90210.

Update: OK, I found the X-mas set on sale and I must say the quality of the fragrance is fantastic.

beautyscent$
beautyscent$

Smelled this in Walmart and I dismissed this thinking that it was a cheap version of "Aquolina's Pink Sugar"... But then as I kept sniffing I realized that it didn't have that "burnt" scent that PS has, so if you like cotton candy scents, then you'll like this one..

Alovethatwasmorethanlove
Alovethatwasmorethanlove

I don't know what it is about this perfume, I know the cotton candy scent has been done time and time again since the beginning of perfume but this one is magical to me. Is it because I'm madly in love with Katy Perry and everything she does is magic to me? Probably... But beyond that I do love this scent.

Its young, sweet and playful. In ways it's a classic, done time and time again but still loved by many. It's sweet buts it's not a nauseating overwhelming marshmallow sweet. And although it's a 'celebrity' fragrance, it's wonderful.

TonioValentine
TonioValentine

This has got to be one of the most underwhelming fragrances I've ever smelled. It's just plain old vanilla. That's it. I don't get a top, middle or bottom. Just vanilla. Not to mention it's not even that noticeable, it's just too light, I don't feel like I'm wearing anything and it makes me think I need to re-apply it. Coming after the killer queen line, this is just disappointing. I'm definitely not purchasing this fragrance.

nelise29
nelise29

I have to say, I agreed with the majority of reviewers who say this is just a plain generic vanilla, AT FIRST. When I originally sampled this, upon first spray, I thought of Pink Sugar. Or BBW Warm Vanilla sugar. But as it dried down, I noticed a warm, creamy vanilla scent. I decided I must have it because the dry down is so yummy. It's a vanilla fragrance for sure, but not as sharp or in your face as Pink sugar. And it does have decent lasting power on me. Not great, but good. I can usually still smell it on my wrist through midday. Kohl's has a gift set of it and combined with their coupons, you can get a great deal. So, if you like vanilla based scents, give this one a try.

astamm62
astamm62

Not a bad scent, but all I smell is vanilla.

aspirina
aspirina

I tried this scent some days ago. I didn't like the super sharp musk. Fake sugared vanilla and bad musk, this is almost like sweet musky hairspray...harsh..very harsh and artificial. But short lived! in just 5-10 minutes it had dissappeared from my skin. Not something I would buy.

FloralMoonlight

I got this about a month ago and I agree with other reviewers. It's a decent scent, but very unoriginal. I love the design concept, though. I think the Alice in Wonderland inspired potion bottle is cute, but more thought went into the design than the scent. I'm hoping Mad Love will be better. Speaking of which, WHEN WILL MAD LOVE BE RELEASED?! The description says Fall 2015, which is now. Fall ends in about 2 weeks, I'm getting very impatient. Or did they mean Fall 2015 in a country other than the US? I wish I had more information. Of course, I would much rather she release something else in the Killer Queen or cat collection.

KaelanLovesPerfume
KaelanLovesPerfume

A very common scent.. nothing new or special. Not bad, but i have at least half a dozen vanilla body sprays that smell exactly like it. A very light vanilla/musk type scent that is of no higher caliber than Body Fantasies. Lasts maybe 30 minutes on my skin. I wouldn't mind having this in my collection, because it is nice, but wouldn't even consider paying full price for it. I'll just wait until it's 15 bucks on Amazon..lol.

jessica.rios
jessica.rios

I love it sexy!! mysterious and sweet!! perfect!!
and the best I just got the big bottle (1 onz) in walgreens for 19.99 planning to getting and other one before special en dec 5 !! good deal !! what are you waiting for !!!! nothing wrong with this one voodoo in a little bottle :) im enchanted!!

I don't like it. It's very strongly alcohol smelling. Like a sweet tropical liquer. Reminds me of coqtails that are too sweet to drink. Nothing great or special about it.

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

The bottle is very cute, but I don't think the scent matches it at all. The bottle is very Alice in Wonderland, and this smells just like any other vanilla scent. I like it! It smells nice. But it's not as original as you would think it would be. As for all the note transitions listed in the description...it's pretty much just vanilla through and through. A little spicy perhaps (tiny bit) but really just plain vanilla. Very linear. Lasts well if you like this sort of thing - but vanilla body sprays probably do, too...

nvenus
nvenus

I understand the design of the bottle ("madness") but I don't like it. The concept is almost untenable.

Sprayed it on a bit of Pasteboard (the ones for perfume tests) and couldn't scent anything because it was too weak. I'll give it another try another day.

These beautiful notes don't create madness but using them to make a perfume that's barely noticeable... That's madness. Wait; I think I might have cracked the code...!

She should do a "Love Potion" and make it sweet and irresistible. She needs Britney's (or the one behind the Fantasy perfumes) help.

PlushFerret
PlushFerret

I tested this today in the pharmacy to see if it was anything like her other scents. Wow. Nope.

I'll be honest, I barely smelt a thing. Just very light sweet generic vanilla. I had my nose to the paper inhaling it like an addict but the smell was almost undetectable.

I admit I much prefer up-in-your-face perfumes like Angel, so maybe that's why I wasn't into this one.

I'd recommend it for a young girl as it's a sweet, non-offensive, good 'first' perfume, or something for your teen daughter to wear to school.

raiza1990
raiza1990

Now, let´s be honest: this is nothing groundbreaking, but we were not expecting something original from Katy Perry,right?
That said, it is really nice. i mostly get Vanilla and green apple, but the apple does really make a difference. the apple gives this perfume personality. it is so crispy and delicious! it saves it from smelling boring. It is definitely a teen´s perfume, but i don´t mind it. it is comforting and uplifting at the same time and make me remember some good times in high school. i would wear it on cold days. i don´t have complaints about Sillage and longevity, it´s ok. i think i wouldn't buy it, because i have already many cheap celeb perfumes, but i wouldn't mind getting it as a gift, that said, it is not good to blind buy it. smell it first!

Szonja
Szonja

Okay, I sniffed this once superficially and based on my taste for sweet perfumes I liked it. I saw a discount of 2 for 1 price last week and I decided to buy it. I sniffed it again just to be sure and I have to say this is a big NO. Very weak sillage, cheap and boring composition, nothing to be fond of. I am over my teenage years and my addiction to cheap celebrity perfumes so I don't want to buy anything that is not likely to be my favourite at all. This would have been a waste of money.

mystica

Today I was out for perfume shopping & testing. There was a good bargain on some perfumes, so I allocated upto 35 Euros for a bottle.

Along others I also tested Mad Potion. "Nothing really interesting" I thought and left the store with a purchase which was already on my safe wish list.

When I got into the car, I really couldn't believe that the most pleasant perfume amongst the ones I tried was pretty much THIS. Not some designers but a celeb perfume...

Mad Potion won me over with its totally sweet, innocent, soft, girly bourbon vanilla accord which reminded me of Yves Rocher's Vanille de Bourbon. This is even softer and slightly more fruity.

This is not a typical celeb which faithfully revolves around the combo of "red berries + candies + smoke". But a soft girly Vanilla with a slight touch of apple.

I'm getting it!

Flowercat
Flowercat

The things that other reviewers don't like about Mad Potion are essentially what I love about it--it is an unapologetically, straightforward sweet vanilla concoction that is soft, girly, and lighthearted. Perfect! Its silage seems better to me than what I've read about here. Tried it in Kohl's and as I shopped the fragrance strengthened and actually got more interesting as time passed. I went back to grab the last bottle left ( thankfully with my discount coupons in hand!) Hours later I am still inhaling my wrists with delight.

Young smelling? Yes. (Ageless in my opinion

Kohla1

I LOVE celeb perfumes, but this is just boring and so not worth the price they are asking. Plus in my opinion the bottle and name are ridiculous. Sorry Katy, but I think I will stick to the Queen line.

paganpurge
paganpurge

This smells identical to a perfume I bought my then tween daughter about 7 years ago. It was a perfume named after the disney show 'That's So Raven'. Very plasticky-sweet. I liked it when I paid a couple dollars for it but it is NOT worth the 40 plus dollars they are asking for Mad Potion. I will wait for it to hit the bargain bin and buy it for the bottle though.

Edit: I picked up a 1 oz bottle for about 12$. I have worn it quite a few times and have grown to adore it! It may be a simple vanilla mush at first spray but the drydown completely transforms into something more complex and addicting. More like a creamy, yet, bitter-sweet amber.

PerfumeKing14

for something with such an 'ugly' quirky bottle & the name 'Mad Potion' i expected wonders but its juts a plain, simple boring vanilla fragrance. not something that i'd ever consider buying

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

blark! yuck a plain vanilla scent smells like a kid perfume

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

Am I the only one that thinks this is extremely similar to Meow? Except that Meow lasts much, much longer. It's Vanilla - plain, sweet Vanilla on me. I got it at a discount price, so I'm quite happy with it. I love Meow, but it's hard to find. This is much easier to obtain & in the Summer heat, I'm sure it will last slightly longer. I've only tested it, will edit once I've actually worn it for a day :)

EDIT: I tried Mad Potion on an extremely hot day... Didn't last. I had to re-apply a few times. However, I tried it again today on a rainy, wet, cool day & it's lasting pretty darn good. I'd say this is a 'rainy day' perfume. I'm not sure about cold weather though. But in heat this doesn't last at all

BooVaher
BooVaher

I love this scent. As well as the Vanilla, Musk and Amber, I keep getting a hint of Chocolate.

I have been wearing this all day and feeling very familiar in it when it finally hit me... This smells like a very weak Body Shop Amorito. The smell of Amorito at the end of the day. If for no other reason than that, I will be spraying regularly for the memory hit.

I like the bottle. It is easy to hold and use and serves its purpose as well as looking funky.

Sillage and longevity are both very poor, which saddens me. However, already here in Australia this scent is hitting clearance tables, so at least I can pick up a few bottles cheaply and just keep spraying. :)

Sinner's Paradise
Sinner's Paradise

Tried it on in the store and I really liked it.
Not sure why it's so hated, it just smells like sweet, soft vanilla, nothing special but very pleasant.

killer__queen
killer__queen

Just wanted to add on to the numerous other reviews already saying so-- this smells like a very cheap vanilla. I had a stocking stuffer of one of those cheap body sprays from Avon and it's just like that generic vanilla. I found this at my area Kohl's, but if your local one doesn't have it don't worry. You can get this from Body Fantasies and they sell those at pretty much every Walmart/Kmart/Target. I'm not a hater! I own a bunch of those, I think they're kind of fun to wear if you're gonna be lounging around at home all day in pajamas... Scents you want to wear when you don't want to waste the GOOD stuff.

Mad Potion is very soft, hardly any sillage. It's one you have to press your nose to your wrist to smell. Doesn't last very long either, a couple hours tops. Just get the Body Fantasies Vanilla one and save yourself a lot of money for virtually the same product. I don't get cotton candy at all, I don't know how anyone else is.

Pure syntheticly sweet vanilla.

katmo
katmo

I don't detect any sexy musk, apple musk, soft musk. No peonies either. All I can smell is pure vanilla. Very boring kind of vanilla. To be honest, I cannot imagine a grown up woman wearing this. Not even a young woman or a teenage girl wearing this. To me this smells like something a very young girl would wear. May be a nice first fragrance for a little girl. Like one of those Disney fragrances. This is definitely the worst of all Katy Perry's fragrances.

Augustarina
Augustarina

This smells worse than a bottle of artificial vanilla essence. An hour later I can smell only one thing - candy floss. I'm not sure why I sprayed it on my hand at the drugstore.. but I wish I hadn't. It's not pleasant to be around, and now, neither am I!

michelle.schlossman
michelle.schlossman

Found this at kmart and I dont know why liked it when I tried the tester. I changed my mind really fast though. Smells like cheap cotton candy body spray. Cheap plastic bottle. Cap looks like a superball from a gum machine. It just reeks of cheapness. It's now in my "to sell on ebay" drawer. I love Katy perry's first 2 perfumes but every one since has been a let down.

purpleribbons
purpleribbons

Tried this at the store and it smells exactly like VS Vanilla Lace, except it's two times more expensive. It's basically your average vanilla scent with some added musk. Nothing special here.

Profumella
Profumella

Smells just like Danish pastry, when describe I think this is enough. If you like Danish pastry then you may like this fragrance also!

Talicalicia
Talicalicia

I was in Priceline when I saw this one in the 100ml EDP (where people are getting the only available in 15 and 30ml bottles I have no idea...) and since I quite liked her Meow and Purr perfumes I decided why not.
Firstly lets get straight down to the packaging and Bottle. People have been panning it but knowing that is was in part inspired by Alice in Wonderland the quirky potion type bottle make perfect sense. As does the purple with black and white stripes (Look up the Disney Cheshire cat people!) Suddenly it will make perfect sense. So I wasn't offended. Since I'm a huge fan of the Cheshire Cat I was even amused and giggly at a purple white and black potion bottle.

The perfume itself is pretty typical Katy Perry. Candy sort of sweet but very musky vanilla. Pretty low Silage and only moderate longevity. But that suits me down to the ground. Low longevity means I can mix up my perfumes during the day. I don't want to smell like a candy bar ALL day every day, people who do are either teenagers, or need to expand their perfume wardrobes and horizons. So I'm not as offended at most of the people who are writing reviews frothing at the mouth in indignation that she trying something new and not expanding the Killer Queen family of variants. Fragrance is fanciful people and she like everyone else doesn't HAVE to be locked into one fragrance range for all time.

loganrileyyy
loganrileyyy

I finally found a bottle of Mad Potion at my local Kohls today, and here are my thoughts:

I’ve been hearing both good and bad things about it so I was eager to try it for myself, because I absolutely loved all four of Katy’s Killer Queen fragrances and was excited to see what she’d come out with next.

Honestly, this could probably just be called Vanilla Potion, because that’s mostly what I get from it in a very simple and linear manner. But oddly enough… I rather like it. I’ve always been a fan of vanilla based fragrances and this one couldn’t get more vanilla if it tried. It smells delicious in a way that manages to be somewhat menacing and mysterious rather than just youthful and immature… apparently Katy was inspired by Alice In Wonderland when she got together with Coty to formulate it and you can definitely get that vibe of strange whimsicality. The vanilla notes (all 3 of them, mind you) are very well done and have an almost powdery quality to them, while the apple and amber notes mix in well to give the fragrance an overall musky quality combined with the sweetness.

Now that we’ve talked about the fragrance itself, let’s discuss the bottle and packaging. A lot of people are complaining about it, and I can understand the accusations of it being "cheap" and "tacky" but for whatever reason I like it and think it's cutely unique.The packaging is very fun and fantasy-based, and the shiny black and purple coloring with the white dots and dramatic yet playful font precisely represents how the fragrance actually smells. The bottle is just as cute and memorable; it looks like some kind of magical vial a witch who lives out in the forest with fifty cats would actually keep a dangerous potion in. Furthermore, the liquid itself appears to be a hazy purple… I’m not sure if this is some trick of the light that the bottle was created to produce, or if the liquid actually has a purple tint to it that disappears once airborne, kinda like how Gaga’s black “Fame” fragrance did a few years ago. Either way, it makes the bottle even more cool and definitely help it to stand out amidst the bunches of “normal” fragrances on display in stores.

My only three complaints about Mad Potion are:

1) that it doesn’t seem to last very long… I’ve only been wearing it on my wrist for about three hours now and it seems to already be going away after a very quick drydown.

2) that the fragrance overall isn't very complex and will likely be compared to "kiddy" perfumes by fragrance lovers who are opposed to cake-like sweetness and strictly enjoy more sophisticated scents.

3) that it’s apparently extremely difficult to find here in the United States. My local Kohls had the 1 ounce and 1.7 ounce bottles as well as the roller ball, but I’ve heard from many people that their Kohls doesn’t even carry it and they can’t find it in any other stores, either. Even more weird is that as of today when I just looked, Kohls.com only sells the roller ball… neither size of the bottle fragrance is even available on their site. It’s like it doesn’t even exist.

Overall, I would rate this fragrance a 7.5/10. I recommend it for anyone who enjoys fragrances that are formulated to be very sweet and playful yet fairly sexy and memorable as well. As I said above, the only downfalls seem to be the lasting power, a lack of complexity that may turn off some people, and the fact that most fans are having a hard time even finding a place to purchase it.

davidlong13
davidlong13

I love Katy Perry, I've been two times to her concerts. I own Purr.

But Katy....really sweetie?

This is just the most irrelevant, boring, thing I have ever smelt in my life. The fact that there actually may be people in the world who have spent real money on this is just bewildering. The sillage is non existent. All I will say about the scent is, go to your local supermarket, buy a bag of marshmallows and smell them. This is what that is. Lasting power, I don't think so. I've seen better lasting power in an iPhone's battery life and that's saying something.

Final verdict: The only thing that is mad about this, is that people may buy it. If I were Katy, I'd have called this one Gone With the Wind, because if you spray it on you and step outside (well I think you catch my drift).

iconic
iconic

I was very disappointed by this fragrance i'm a huge fan of celebrity fragrances especially pop singers but for some reaso to me it literally smells like smirnoff marshmallow vodka with some vanilla. I thought i was crazy but i've made around 4 people smell it too and they all agreed. When i spray this "alcohol" scent never fades away.

Malibu
Malibu

I wanted to write a detailed review for this, but I can't as Mad Potion is flat and doesn't last well on skin - within an hour of application I can't smell anything. And yes; the bottle is as tacky and cheap as the photo suggests.

Mad Potion is vanilla and musk from top to bottom, and this combination smothers and buries most of the other notes underneath it. There is a brief splash of sweet apple in the opening and sometimes I think I can make out some kind of powdered floral-type notes [maybe magnolia?], followed by sandalwood, but these notes are very faint and fade quickly.

Mad Potion isn't horrible or anything, but it is very, very boring and linear. You can go to any pharmacy and buy a £2 body spray that is more complex and longer lasting then this. I don't usually like giving ages to perfumes, but this is very 'girl's first perfume' young. I can't see Katy Perry herself actually wearing Mad Potion - it is clearly something made to appeal to younger fans and their wallets.

LisaMari
LisaMari

it is a hot and very sweet scent, almost too sweet but then the fruity/sexy musk balances it out and its like a warm melted strawberry ice cream. It smells very familiar.. its kind of childish and dated and smells like something a teenager would've worn in 1990 but I do like it

sugahuni

An incredibly sweet,floral,vanilla scent..Gorgeous.Longevity & sillage are pretty moderate. Delightful ☺

GregorAPBDH
GregorAPBDH

AMAZING REVIEW HERE !!!!!!!

This perfume is perfect for me !
VANILLA VANILLA VANILLA
I love vanilla in perfumes.
The box is very cute and actually goes with the name of the fragrance. The bottle does indeed look like a potion bottle and the scent is perfect. I pick up every single note in this perfume. People say this has no projection or lasting power but this lasts about 12 hours on my skin and everyone can smell it but not in an overpowering way. This is my joint first favourite Katy perfume. Keep the great scents coming Katy. This gets 10/10 from me xo

Whit
Whit

Warning: negative review

So I sampled this at my local Kohl's while I was on my lunch break the other day. Oh dear, oh dear! I'm sorry, but this smelled like vanilla hair spray to me; very synthetic and generic. I actually like some of Katy Perry's perfumes, but this one is a total miss. Zero longevity and sillage too. Katy, honey, what happened?? I will say the bottle is cute, but since I don't buy for the bottle, this won't be a purchase for me. So sad because I was excited to finally try it. Oh well, on to the next!

Jasmine2024
Jasmine2024

I love this purfume! It' reminds me of a hot summers night going down to the beach at a tropical bar with a cherry smoothie in the heat with a volley ball game right next to me,wishing for a cool breeze with beautiful lanterns all around. This is by far the best perfume I have ever smelt.

stellalove
stellalove

Ok this is Britneys Midnight Fantasy mixed with Pink sugar

alliebee
alliebee

I got a sample of this from Shoppers Drugmart and I fell in LOVE!! I've never worn perfume before because I am usually in a workplace that doesn't allow it, but I put this on my wrists and I love how I smell!

My boyfriend asked what it smelled like, and the best thing I could come up with, as I am not a perfume buff, was flowers and cupcakes.

The scent stays on my skin all day and it's so pleasant every time I get a whiff of it. I'll definitely be getting a bottle when my sample runs out!

Love love love!!!

mjb413
mjb413

To my nose, smells like a freshly opened bag of marshmallows.

debush
debush

I want this! I ❤️ Novelty bottle, i tried one spray st the drugstorer, The scent remind me of bonbon victor&rolf ....

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

I have smelt this in the shop lately and though I think it's a pleasant sweet smell I'm slightly disappointed,it's a very light vanilla perfume and while I do love vanilla this is a very weak vanilla,it's not the type of scent I think when I think of the name mad potion as I thought it would be stronger than this, but besides the strength it is a pretty smell and may still purchase it when it goes on special.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I am so disappointed in this perfume. It smells like plastic and sweet vanilla. That's it. No other notes or depth.
I sprayed it on my wrist and could not smell it half an hour later, I have had body sprays which last longer! Overall, a huge disappointment as Katy's other perfumes are great. I would not waste money on such as weak and mediocre fragrance.

joan100
joan100

This smells exactly like vanilla flavoured vodka like another reviewer said. Nothing more nothing less. If that is your sort of thing then go for it!

sugahuni

A sweet,vanilla inspired fragrance.Smells across between Beyoncé's heat wild orchid & heat kissed which are both lovely.Overall,this perfume is delightful despite the lack of longevity and silage.Pretty fragrance scent and bottle design

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

@Genny17 The traditional perfume industry was founded on making all people smell good to others and had no gender issues.
Then came marketing which was aimed at attracting the opposite sex. Look at the vintage advertising where a man's opinion of a woman's perfume mattered more than hers.
The perfume world has changed with the rest of world and nowadays there are no gender boundaries. Many wear fragrances just for their own pleasure while many like to know if they smell good to other people.
Isn't part of the allure of perfume the effect that it has on others? Same sex or opposite sex - it doesn't matter. Hasn't everyone at some time asked their partner if they like a fragrance? Have you ever not worn something because your significant other did not care for it? Everybody's opinion is valid whether you listen to it or ignore it, like it or not.

And my opinion on Mad Potion: I think of this as Purr Intense or Meow Noir - still very sweet but a slightly darker version of her originals. Pleasant enough but the bottle lacks the obvious charm of her other offerings.

scarlett.angel
scarlett.angel

@genny17 you do realize that males wear female-targeted perfumes too? Especially gay or feminine type guys (FWI I mean no offence by this whatsoever!) Tons of women wear male fragrances and it's ok; so why the double standard? Many designers make unisex fragrances these days, unlike in the past. Women certainly don't need to smell "sweet", and men don't need to smell "like manly cologne". Please get with the times... Back to the scent; not something I'd buy but I can see it's novelty appeal for some.

Spencemonster
Spencemonster

In person the bottle is more appealing. Sadly. The scent is not. Smells like cough meds in a spray bottle. Has a weird woody tone to it too. Not a fan :/ in a way it almost smells like a medicinal version of killer queen royal desire :/

PerfumeDudeBB
PerfumeDudeBB

I had to have "MAD POTION" as soon as it was available...and this fragrance did not disappoint me AT ALL...as a matter of fact it's my NEW fave scent from Katy Perry. I LOVE how VANILLA & Sweet this perfume is...I'm really going to enjoy wearing this in the Fall & Winter months because of how sweet smelling it is...I think that makes it perfect for the Holidays and stuff. I have a more in-depth review of "MAD POTION" on my YouTube channel...just search "PERFUME DUDE BB"...I got my 1.7fl oz bottle at Kohl's this Summer(2015) ...CHECK IT OUT!!!! -X, bb

FinnL.101
FinnL.101

Firstly, the advertisement. I love this one the most out of all of hers, it is the fun, creative and colourful. I love Katy's outfit as well as the setting and commercial ps primacies. The box I also love! I love the matted cardboard and the silver spots that look slightly indented. I also love the simply golden boarder but the big wow of this box is the Mad Potion logo, which is created from a glitter based foil. The bottle is also a huge winner, I love the shape, cap, logo and the neck as well. The scent is a whole different level, I love have simple it is and authentic it is as well as apposed to a scent like Fantasy which is very synthetic and complexed. People are being to negative just for the sake of it! Who cares if it appeals to younger people, can't it appeal to you too?

13jamie
13jamie

Normally love Katy Perry's pefumes but this smells horrible!!! very dissapointed in the smell and packaging which i think look cheap

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I really, really enjoy katy perrys mad potion. It smells just like a vanilla scented doll I had as a little kid that I swore was the best smelling thing in the world. Another scent that comes really close to smelling like that doll (and this perfume) is sweet vanilla by bon bons. Although I do prefer this.
Odd little nostalgia that makes this unpopular and poorly constructed fragrance soar to the top of my want list, for good memories alone. I'll be waiting for the clearance price though, thanks.

barentonwithaba
barentonwithaba

Terrible! Smells like vanilla flavored vodka but without the vanilla! It literally smells like nothing seconds after a spray. I can't imagine why anyone would even sell this or why Katy Perry would even put her name on this! The bottle is horribly ugly but it at least fits in your hand nice to spray it. Which is good because if you want the slightest scent of it you have to spray a ton of it. Sorry! Let's hope the next one is better.

Tamirah
Tamirah

Just tried this. The peony and jasmine give way very quickly to the vanilla, which is just perfect if you like that real gourmand cake-batter sweetness, but unfortunately, it doesn't last at all and then completely disappears. I could ride that sickly-sweet boozy vanilla train for days, but it was literally gone in less than a minute, with nothing left behind except a fast-fading skin musk. Was very hopeful, but will not be purchasing this one.

Dhayana
Dhayana

Nothing special really, just an ok sent for a young crowd. First thing that came to mind was a sweet sugary Yankee Candle... Synthetic vanilla mixed in with some rubbing alcohol and finally topped with sugar frosting like Body Fantasies vanilla fragrance. I wouldn't purchase this Katy P. perfume personally even tho I do love love Purr & Meow...

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

Hmmm I sprayed this on a tester strip at kohls and I gotta be honest I couldn't smell a thing! Seems like a very watered down fragrance but, I'll be back to re-test it on my skin.
Edit: I haven't tested this again but scanning through the other reviews below me I see I'm not the only one who thinks this is very watered down. Also similar to body fantasies vanilla? Why not just get that and save some money. The bottle is kinda cute (i guess lol) but with a name like mad potion I expected a bit more... once again I will try it out on my skin next time. Like seriously though any perfumes I have sprayed on a tester strip I was able to smell but this was like pure water!! I couldn't smell ANYTHING. I feel like this is a very poor attempt for Katy Perry to make some extra bucks.
Sorry if I offended anyone about this perfume.... just my opinion.
~2nd Edit: tested this on my skin at kohls... still very watered down and does smell like body fantasies vanilla. Body fantasies vanilla is way stronger than this. FAIL.

almarie
almarie

I just tested this out tonight at Kohl's and I must say that I absolutely love it! I know it is often looked upon as "common", but if you love a very gourmand vanilla musky scent, then look no further! I will definitely be getting this in the future:)

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Mad Potion is heavy on the boozy vanilla while at the same time wrapped in a clean musk. This is a familiar, comfort fragrance. It's quite pleasant, one I could see myself reaching for often. There is a powder presence, wrapped in clean, white, fresh musk, but really the star of Mad Potion is the strong, almost cloying vanilla. You must enjoy gourmands to wear this one, and I do. I almost sense a chocolate, but it's not listed in the notes, so I'll have to attribute that to the Bourbon Vanilla. Bourbon Vanilla brings a much richer tone to a perfume, and in this case, it works its wonders. Think decadent vanilla, rich, thick and almost overbearing the other notes. After 4 hours, Mad Potion was still hitting the strong mark in sillage and it's longevity is even longer. This should be perfect for crisp weather in the Fall, and definitely watching the snow. I've enjoyed every perfume from this line so far, no complaints.

SBunny
SBunny

This opens very sugary. It's basically sugar and musk and remains like that. It doesn't really develop or change much. Maybe it becomes a little bit creamier by the end stage but it's mostly just sugar and musk.

It's very gourmand and reminds me a lot of VS Vanilla Lace but lighter and less creamy. Although this is sweet it's light enough to be worn in warmer weather.

The lasting power is around 4 hours and the silage is light. If you're looking for a simple sweet fragrance this would be right up your street.

MissMordecai87
MissMordecai87

Yikes, man. I really do like the actual scent. It smells exactly like Unwrap Me by Victoria's Secret, which was listed as "whipped cream and winter pear," back in 2010 I want to say? as a Christmas special. What I get from Mad Potion is a whipped-creamy-yet-burnt vanilla. Like the top of a creme brûlée. Which, for me, is like one of my top 3 favorite types of scents. IF ONLY I COULD SMELL IT!!!! Gah!!! I spray it on when I leave for work. In the time it takes me to close the door to my apartment and walk to my car, it's already gone. I can smell it if I stick my nose right up against my skin, but that's it. It's kind of annoying, honestly, cuz I do really like it. I feel like it could have been amazing, but the scent and the bottle both fall short. So many aspects of it - the scent, the magician theme, the glitter bottle topper - are all things I would ADORE if only they were done right. It's good for a "rough draft," not the final product.

TheQueenSizeDiva
TheQueenSizeDiva

First allow me to say that I love all of Ms. Perry's previous scents as I have all of them, yes ALL of them! However, in my humble opinion, Body Fantasies "Vanilla Fantasy" body splash is better than what I got from this fragrance. I was really disappointed. All of the Killer Queen fragrances were awesome and new (to me) and I love both Purr and Meow... sadly, this is just a watered down vanilla faux pas!

I agree it isnt worth over $35, as it is sweet, only sweet, and more sweet..nothing else...the bottle is cute, the scent will attract young girls, because the dry down is yummy...but it is like lots of sweet scents out there..not better, not worse!! I feel too old to wear it!!

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

I tested it today and really nothing new here, the first blast to me is alcohol, then it's just musky sweet. Just like soda the formula is always the same, but you can add whatever flavor. So it is with this fragrance, I suppose there is giant vat somewhere where they do this with most celebrity scents like this one. It's SWEET, very sweet and a tad musky, but that's just about it. On my skin it gives the vibe of I just spilled some Big Red Soda on me...not a bad scent, but not too sure I want to smell like that! Stays very close to the skin...VERY! Does not project . I actually forgot I had it on, it just disappeared. And a retail price of $60CAD is too much, there a better Oriental Vanillas out there for less than that.

Shwets
Shwets

I saw this In Boots 100ml for £38 - couldnt see any small bottles.

Such an adorable non cloying fluffy vanilla - i love it!!!!!

Will see how long this lasts. Its like a soft creamy vanilla fragrance like whipped cream from the sprayer.

Does this remind anyone of Les Nereides Douceur de Vanille?

Overall a simple cozy vanilla.

PerfumeManiac101
PerfumeManiac101

I bought the 30ml of this bottle. I love all of Katy Perry's fragrances. This one is very different. All of her's are usually fruity or floral, but this one is very sweet. It isn't Pink Sugar sweet, it is very creamy and warm sweet. This is something I would wear during the winter. It is very vanilla scented and very light. It also kind of smells like Heat Wild Orchid by Beyonce a little bit. Doesn't last a long time though, it lasts around 5 hours, but a wonderful fragrance.

Dort0625
Dort0625

So I tried this today...it is the exact same as pink sugar, or any one of those super vanilla perfumes. It doesn't do it for me personally, but if your into the vanilla scents than this would be right up your alley, that being said, it's not cheap, so I would go with any other vanilla scent!

J'aimeParfum
J'aimeParfum

katy perry is one of those celebrity scent that i love,i cant wait to try this one i dont know where to find this yet,at firs i found the bottle was ugly now i find it kinda cute.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

Tried this yesterday and absolutely love it!! At first it smells a lot like pink sugar, but as it dries down, it smells a lot sweeter and slightly floral on me. I don't like when these sickening sweet fragrances are very heavy and overwhelming. This is perfect.

tattooedzombie
tattooedzombie

I just purchased this today because there was a promotional $10 off coupon that came with it. I sprayed this in store, and I can still faintly smell it on my forearm 4 hours later. Average sillage and wear.

I didn't get any of the top notes with this, and the fragrance (to me) is mainly vanilla and musk. Pleasant, light, inoffensive. The drydown reminds me of CK Shock, but eventually gets a bit powdery on me, in the same way D&G Pour Femme does.

Mad Potion is really just ok, nothing outstanding.

Oh, the packaging...the top of the fragrance bottle looks like those gum ball machine super balls that obnoxiously bounce everywhere. lol

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

The only fragrance by Katy to impress me has been Royal Revolution.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I just sampled this today, and it's lovely, but WEAK. I probably sprayed myself a dozen times, on skin, on clothes, and in my hair, and even so, it was barely noticeable. Plus, it faded so fast. It's a wonderful scent, but it needs to be stronger. Way stronger.

Britney Spears In Control Curious is weak like this too, which is sad because they both smell so good. Maybe it's just perfume manufacturers skimping on perfume oil? Maybe weaker perfumes are more in style? I'm sort of missing the perfume powerhouses on days gone by.

I won't pay full price for this, but I'll pick it up if I find it eventually at Marshall's or TJ Maxx. It's just too weak to pay full price when it has the strength of a body spray, if that.

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

30ML is available on kohl's online.

Brunette_Bombshell
Brunette_Bombshell

The bottle looks cute but childish and I dont like the fact that is produced only in 15 ml and 30 ml edp. But I cant wait to try it.

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

Well, it's purple, it is called Mad Potion - it has vanilla and musk and apple musk and jasmine ... I think I could do worse than this.

I agree there should be an Emerald Bottle for the Killer Queen range - Summer Reign - Eau De Fraiche I do not care but there should be a green one... (not enough green coloured bottles imo!)

If there is to be another Cat one ROAR is cool but domestic cats do not roar so much as Growl - or Hiss!

I have yet to be disappointed in a Katy Perry fragrance so ... who knows ...

Oh, and Spring is nearly over Coty, where is the UK Spring Reign, huh?

truffles
truffles

FloralMoonlight, I love your creative visions!

I actually love this Mad Potion bottle!
It appeals to the eternal gothy teenager in me.

Bet the juice smells cheap and meh though . .

FloralMoonlight

I don't believe this. I'm going to get this for my collection, definitely, but this is not what I wanted to see from her. Where's the Roar perfume for her cat collection?? How does that not exist yet? And what about an emerald jewel bottle for her Killer Queen collection? I have mixed feelings about this one so far. I like that she's doing something new, but I'm longing for her to add to her other two collections. I'm still confused about why she would release Spring Reign (her worst scent, in my opinion) instead of one that's emerald inspired. Get it together, Katy!

Edit: I was just organizing the "perfumes I want" part of my profile and I noticed that this fits in very well with the Pussy Deluxe fragrances. The bottle shape is very similar.

Nil3

Apple musk, soft musk and sexy musk????

Don't care! I want this!!!

I love musk! Will have to wait probably a year or more till someone from the states gets this for me.

But it'll get to me somehow. :)

Sounds actually quiet soft and lovely. Nothing harsh for sure.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Katy Perry Katy Perry's Mad Potion fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Katy Perry Katy Perry's Mad Potion , you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Katy Perry's Mad Potion by Katy Perry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Katy Perry's Mad Potion by Katy Perry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.