Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1505 I had it: 235 I want it: 1303 My signature: 33

coconut
Purr Katy Perry for women Pictures

The composition of Katy Perry Purr is developed by Firmenich perfumer house, combining top notes of peach, forbidden apple, gardenia and green bamboo with the heart of jasmine, pink freesia and Bulgarian rose and the base of vanilla orchid, creamy sandalwood, white amber, coconut and musk.

The image of the bottle is in the form of a cat with eyes like jewels, colored in metallic shades of lavender.

The advertising poster, signed by Miles Aldridge, shows the famous pop star dressed in a pink and purple latex cat suit playing with a huge ball of wool.

Katy Perry Purr is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP and an accompanying collection of bath foam and body lotion. Purr was launched in 2010.

Gardenia Bamboo Peach Red Apple

Jasmine Freesia Rose

Musk Sandalwood Amber Vanille Coconut Orchid

Purr Fragrance Reviews

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Purr is a lovely perfume, a little sweet, exotic and fresh at the same time. I would wear it during spring and summer. The aromatic coconut vibe along with gardenia gives the perfume a summery blend. The bottle is very nice and I love its purple color. Is decent long lasting, and with the competitive price I can reapply whenever I need. I am happy choosing this one.!!!!

Grimly Fiendish
Grimly Fiendish

I have to admit, at first, I really didn't like this one; I found it bland, generic, and lacking personality. But I've found that the more I wear it, the more I appreciate it.

It's very far from the candy-sweet Meow (which I smelled first), so I think I was expecting this one to be fruity, very sweet and outspoken.

This is a more subtle fragrance: on my skin, most of the fruits aren't distinguishable; I get the apple the most, overall. On first spray, it's a musky, coconut scent mixed with light fruits and rose. The bamboo gives it a crisp freshness. After a few hours, the vanilla really comes through, making it a creamy vanilla, coconut and musk blend.

I've seen some mentioning of this smelling like a shampoo, and I have to agree. This reminds me of something that Herbal Essences would put out, just more toned down. If you're expecting a sugary sweet celebrity offering, you might have to give this a few tries to warm up to it. I've really grown to enjoy this one; I find it very unique, mature, and more expensive smelling than it is!

stephanieshopaholic
stephanieshopaholic

I bought the 3.4 oz bottle of this at Ross for $17 without smelling it because well, it was SO cheap and the bottle is cute. Anyway, at first smell I thought it stunk but after spraying it on and letting it dry it actually smells pretty good, a bit musky, but I do like it. Definitely a heavier scent on me though and I typically prefer light fruity or floral perfumes so this is definitely not my typical scent but I am glad I bought it.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Hmmm... something nice to say... the bottle is certainly cute. Sadly, the contents smell precisely like Krazy Glue, start to finish. Loud, aggressive, toxic, hostile Krazy Glue. I'm still going to give Killer Queen and Meow a chance, based on their purported notes... but that is the same reason I tried this one.

raw umber
raw umber

If "shampoo" was an official note on this website, Katy Perry Purr would have one note instead of 13.

It doesn't smell off-putting and bitter in the base (Wonderstruck), it doesn't try to smell like Viva la Juicy (Meow, Someday, Pink Friday, Passport Paris, etc.), and it doesn't smell like bile (Fantasy), or some unrecognizable mish mash of arbitrary chemicals (Reb'l).

Okay now that you know what it doesn't smell like, lemme tell you what it does smell like: a young woman that has freshly shampooed peachy hair. It goes on a little rough and sharp like hairspray, but the heart/base is actually pretty. The quality is on par with a Demeter scent, and something about the base is actually reminiscent of Demeter.

I sprayed this on my chest and an hour later, my boyfriend hugged me and said, "Your hair smells good."

Update: several days later the weird opening became tiresome and I had to return it. I'm almost fed up with celebrity scents at this point, with the exception of Wonderstruck Enchanted. That one in all of its red berry glory is literally my jam.

Smells just like Vera Wang Princess

christinavictory

This is one of my all time FAVORITE scents. To be honest, I consider myself to have a joint signature scent: Marc Jacobs Dot in the day, and certain nights I want to feel a little lighter, and Katy Perry Purr in the evening and night and days when I feel a little bit darker and more mysterious. These two complement each other wonderfully, they are scent soul mates. They complete each other, and they complete me. Both of these scents I fell in love with at first sniff, and the deal was sealed the second I looked at their adorable bottles.

Purr is a little bit on the heavy side, but it still has enough freshness that it can be worn in hot weather or to the office, and it is not at all headache inducing. Purr is invigorating and adventurous; it makes me want to go hiking through the Amazon Rain Forest or something. The main note in here is coconut, and I also get a lot of Jasmine and apple. Gardenia, peach, vanilla and amber help round it out, bamboo gives it some extra feshness, and some days (not all of time, but sometimes, the glorious rose peeks out and just absolutely completes this and makes this fragrance absolutely stunning.

Purr's sweeter sister, Meow! is nice too, but I don't like it as much as this one. I do wear that one to sleep though, as it is more of a comforting scent. The two are nothing alike, and the only thing I can think of that is at all similar to Purr is Dot, and these two are not at all the same scent, it's just that they give off the same, somewhat tropical, somewhat everywhere, adventurous, carefree, invigorating vibe and both are very versatile. They are in no way identical, or even close to it. You could never mistake the two, but they are very similar in personality, so if you love Purr, you'll probably love Dot too.

This is super affordable, the smell is amazing, and it comes in the cutest little bottle I have EVER seen in my whole life! You can't get much better.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I don't have a whole lot to add to what has already bee said. I think Purr is inoffensive and lightly sweet. It's definitely not the sugar bomb Meow is, and I appreciate that. I like Meow, but I can't really wear it often because the sweetness gets to me. When I smelled Purr at first it reminded me of a peachy sherbet rather than an all out desert. The floral notes are muted and I honestly don't get a drop of the typical coconut note - maybe more like unsweetened coconut milk than the foody flaked coconut or suntan oil coconut smells I often get when coconut shows up as a note in a fragrance... Purr isn't a tropical fragrance to me in the least.

A decent middle of the road fragrance to me. Nothing extraordinary... But it's great for those who love it because it can be found at a great price and the longevity is pretty decent.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I always laugh when I see such a wide range of reviews. If you were to scatter point this it wouldn't have a trend line LOL!!!

Some say it is too light, others it is too heavy, some say no surprise smells like everything else while others it is unique.

I will say this...it smells great to me as a man! Funny story..my coworker who I share a cube wall with walked pass me...a guy! At first I thought I must have sprayed something by mistake that morning as I couldn't remember what I was wearing. It smelled good but a bit feminine. We were talking contracts and I smelled it again and I asked him "man what is that you are wearing". He giggled (this is a dudes dude) and said it was this fragrance. The store gave it to him by mistake and the crook kept it :o)

It was projecting well, smelled great and had a drop of something a guy could wear but most likely wouldn't.

Well I bought it for my wife online for less that $20 shipped and am wearing it. This could be in the vein of a Kilian, Bond or another creamy fruity floral with character.

Ladies if you care what guys think...any guy with a half decent nose would want to bite you. It smells so delicious and girly without being immature. It has some depth and seems to do quite well on my skin. On the guy side this is attractive and would love to smell this on a first date.

I am starting to figure out that women celebrity scents are much better than guys! I like this and would figure your significant other would also.

Peach and coconut and jasmine playing well with vanilla and some slight woodiness!

Current price point...this is an easy 4/5

NELY2014
NELY2014

me gusta este perfumes dulce y a la vez un poco fresco y no se diga la botella es hermosa claro que cuando se me termine el perfume no la voy a tirar , recomiendo este perfume para las personas que le gusta los perfumes dulces

MsWinkssy
MsWinkssy

Right now, this is my go to bedtime fragrance. I really love it more than I expected. At first it’s bam, sharp white florals on me and then it calms down, don’t get much peach on me. The coconut, bamboo and vanilla come through and smells absolutely yummy! It is a relaxing fragrance for me, I like putting it on after a shower when I’m stressed out from a long day and it does wonders to calm my mind. The dry down on me is mostly coconuty vanilla with a hint of flowers and surprisingly, this is one of the few scents that I can still smell on in the morning. I rarely wear this during the day because it makes me daydream too much but when I do, it last a good 6-8 hours so longevity it great for how cheap this was. This will be one of the few fragrances that I will most likely repurchase. Awesome blind buy.

ScentPanther
ScentPanther

Her name was Mathilda and she made me think of three things. Ruby red lipstick, a soft, mischievious laugh, and brown eyes so dark and deep one felt one could fall into them and never see the light of day again.

We were in Cuba, a small rural village, whose name I don't even recall... just Mathilda, the mayor's daughter. She smoked cigars day and night, and could hit a bird's eye from 30 paces with a throwing knife, but danced with the grace of a ballerina. Aaah Mathilda.

When the chupacabra took her, the world lost something truly wonderful. Damned chupacabra...

From a distance, one sees a flacon of Katy Perry's purr and thinks to oneself "what an adorable kitty cat!" But when I look at it, into its cold inhuman eyes, I see that chupacabra again, and my heart cries "Mathilda!!!!!" I keep a flacon at hand constantly to remind me of her, and to always be on guard.

Regarding the fragrance itself, it is my belief that it in no way smells like a cat, a kitten or the color purple. I may be wrong however, as I have not yet been brave enough to test it. It's those eyes, those damned chupacabra eyes!!!!

kay0981
kay0981

This fragrance is officially the biggest surprise ever, hands down! I pretty much blind-bought this for a really good price, despite the mixed reviews. It seems that Purr's sweeter sister, Meow, is much more loved, but I preferred the bottle for this one. As it arrived, I thought to myself – can this quirky little kitten really impress me? I am not a perfume snob, by any means, but I'd be lying if I said that I was expecting anything special from this scent.

Well, let me tell you, this scent is simply FANTASTIC. It really has been a long time since a fragrance surprised me as much as this one did. You may think that maybe my standards are just not very high, but honestly – I am enjoying this perfume a lot more than some of my other scents worth £60+. Purr is everything I could ever want in a fragrance – it's girly, but not juvenile; it's sweet, but without risking diabetes. It's fresh, fruity, woodsy and creamy all at once!

I've been wearing it four days in a row now, and that pretty much never happens. I keep spraying it like mad - on my skin, clothes, hair, I just can't get enough of this stuff!I I love it when a fragrance surprises me like that, and that sure doesn't happen anywhere near often enough. This scent has everything – its fruity from the peach, milky from the coconut; softened with sweet jasmine, and strengthened with sandalwood. The bamboo note is quite exotic, and very prominent throughout the entire composition. I guess in a way this fragrance reflects Katy Perry quite well. Its flirty, girly, fun and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's comforting and sweet enough for winter; but it does feel a little tropical and 'beachy', making it perfect for warmer months also. In no way does this smell cheap or generic... And whether you think that the bottle is cute, or just tacky, you have to admit, it's definitely eye-catching. ;)

I'd strongly recommend giving Purr a fair shot, even if you don't normally like celebrity scents. I was biased, but my assumptions were proven completely wrong. I enjoy this just as much, if not more than my more expensive fragrances, and therefore I can proudly say - I love my Creed, my Chanels, and my Katy Perry. :)
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Quarantine
Quarantine

I like to really get to know a fragrance before reviewing it so I can give it a fair and honest verdict, but I've had this one a while now, and it seems to have rather an erratic spilt personality, because I just can't get to know it at all. Some days I wear this and it makes me feel genuinely ill, like so nauseous that I have to go and lie down for a while, I think maybe it's the combination of bamboo, vanilla and coconut that has that effect on me, but I'm not sure. On other days, like today, I can wear this fragrance without a problem and can rather enjoy it. It's unique, yes, but do I like it? I don't think I will ever be sure. It seems to me like rather an odd blend which takes on a mind of it's own. It definitely isn't one I'll return to regularly, or one I'll be replacing when it eventually runs out. But credit where credit's due, I have smelt it on others and it suits them well, the price is reasonable, and the scent is long lasting.

cyclone1391
cyclone1391

It smells good but is too "heavy" for me to wear and be comfortable. I much prefer Meow, which smells very similar to Viva La Juicy Noir but better because less tart. I would recommend this others but not for me.

chocolatte-owl
chocolatte-owl

I just got this gorgeous perfume today. Mum got it for me at Chemist Warehouse, 100ml Eau De Parfum for $19! It was originally priced at $90. Lucky me!

I guess this will be my first perfume that I will actually use.

Mum got me Pretty by Elizabeth Arden but it reeks on my skin. That scent is actually quite nice but it doesn't work for me.

I tested Purr Katy Perry, Princess Vera Wang, and Wonderstruck Taylor Swift.

I liked all three, but ended up getting this one. My favourite out of the three was actually Wonderstruck but mum thought it was too sweet, whilst I like sweet gourmand scents.

But I don't regret buying this. The bottle is absolutely adorable!
The scent is lovely as well. The more I smell it, the more I like it.
It's a smooth blend of sweet and fruity. It's like a fruit smoothie, all the flavours are there, but you can't detect a single flavour. I can't pick up any separate scents, it's all wonderfully mixed.

I like that its fresh. Each time you take a whiff, you can smell the sweet fruitiness.

When I finish this bottle, or when I'm older and decide to expand my collection, I'll definitely get Wonderstruck. It's sweet, flirty, fun and absolutely delicious.

Haha, sorry for the mixed review.

risarii
risarii

I just bought this today (for a little of nothing at T.J. Maxx), because I already owned Meow and thought it would be cute to have both kitty bottles in my collection. I didn't really know what I was expecting it to smell like, as I had read so many varied reviews, but when I opened up the box and decapitated the poor kitty (something about this always makes me feel guilty haha), I was surprised. Whatever I was expecting was not what I got.

Maybe I was expecting a cheap-fruity-body-spray or Disney-store-perfume-made-for-4-year-olds type perfume, but I was pleasantly surprised. The juice inside this quirky purple alien-kitty is rather unique and delicious! I honestly can't pinpoint what notes I smell, they're all just blended together to smell like perfume. I don't smell "peach", "apple" or "bamboo", I smell "PURR."

I'd say this is not a immature fragrance at all. I think it's very nice and the floral-muskiness makes it perfume for women of any age. This would also make a purrfect night fragrance; like for a date, party or concert.

As far as the Purr vs Meow debate, I honestly love both and don't think they're really comparable. They're too different. Meow is beautiful soft, sweet flowers and marshmallows and Purr is sexy, musky flowers and tart-sweet fruits. Nothing alike but both very good. 2 for you, Katy Perry. You go Katy Perry.

Spencemonster
Spencemonster

When I first got this .. I liked it but never "loved it", well the more I wear it I love it. It wears on mee well, especially in the winter. I don't think it holds it's scent well during the summer. But I really enjoy the scent...very fruity and clean, almost like a strong candy but still a unique smell.

killer__queen
killer__queen

I WISH I could get this perfume to work for me. I'm so in love with the purple kitty bottle, and the other Katy Perry scents, but this one... it's just no good.
On me, it's definitely NOT sweet. I really thought it would be, or at least even floral/fruity. And the combination of the peach with whatever other opening note just gives an impression of men's generic shaving cream. I can't even leave it on long enough to see if it changes because the scent just reeks off of me, and is THAT bad on me. I'm insanely jealous of those that this scent works on.

Zrye
Zrye

This was my very first perfume, ever since then it has been a downward spiral into the perfume crazies!
When I first spray this, I get a lot of apple and bamboo! I love both notes a lot! So, this was an obvious but when I read the notes! I feel in love with the first spritz! It's definitely floral in the heart! Rose stands out the most! Rose happens to be another one of my favorite scents! The base...I get musk, and some, but little, coconut! This perfume is heaven! Especially during the summer when you're wearing this and the sun warns your skin!

The bottle is so CUTEEEE! I love it! I think it is AWESOME! A lot of people say it's tacky...it's innovative is what it is lol!

I would recommend this to anyone! For sure!

carriewible
carriewible

Perfume is funny. I didn't care for this at first, thought it was too flowery. A few week's later I wear it and I smell coconut and fruits and I love it

heymoe9
heymoe9

I am somewhat a snob with my perfume, this is my first true celebrity perfume. It is cute and smells young and peppy. I love the fruity scent. Okay it doesn't smell sophisticated or unique, but sometimes you just want the equivalent of a junk food perfume to make you feel good, not to mention the bottle is so darn cute.

dlci
dlci

I admit like a lot of you out there i bought this mainly because of the pretty, pretty bottle lol. I went to my local mall and looked this up. The bottle did not disappoint! Soooo cute! And luckily they had a 2 for 1 sale that week and i got this and its equally adorable sister Meow.

The scent on first sniff i was like ehh too flowery. I am not a floral kind of girl. I can be sensitive to fragrances and strong floral notes are up there on my top triggers for a migraine. This does not reach that level of floralness but its still has flowers there. I walked around the mall and after a few minutes sniffed my wrists. I was pleasantly surprised to find this lovely creamy vanilla floral smell. I do not get coconut though, i do get a bit of fruit. Lovely!

This lasts more than its sister Meow, and has stronger sillage too. I feel this is a grownup scent and not a generic scent at all, in fact i cant think of a scent similar to this. Very well done Ms. Perry!

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

I LOVE THIS! I bought this blind and I was worried that it was going to be unexceptional or cheap-smelling but it's such a breath of fresh (fruity sweet) air! It is so young and girly I just want to spray this all over all of my clothes... and I can't do that with many scents.

taz7711
taz7711

This is becoming one of my most worn perfumes right now. I love how it is a fruity and somewhat floral scent yet it is still very fresh and clean. The peach, vanilla, coconut and apple really stand out at first spray but within hours it a very floral,coconut and vanilla smell on me, which is very nice. The sillage and longevity is very good and the bottle is very well done as well. Subtle for both day and night. Overall an amazing perfume, recommend to test it :)

Miriana93
Miriana93

This is my all time favourite perfume. If I had to wear one perfume for the rest of my life this would be it. Its so fruity and sweet and it's got coconut in it which I love. It's smell lingers for a long time on the clothing and I just love it. Plus, the bottle is simply adorable. As soon as my bottle finishes, I'll repurchase this for sure.

This is my signature scent - I feel that it suits my personality the best out of my entire collection. I feel that I can wear it both for day and night in any of the seasons since its fruity enough for summer and vanillary enough for winter. I get so many compliments when I wear it - people seem to love it.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

Even though I can't stand Katy Perry, I did find myself absolutely loving her second fragrance, Meow. I loved it so much, in fact, that I decided to give Purr a try.

Well, to be honest, I don't think there's anything remarkable about Purr whatsoever. The fragrance might not work with my body chemistry, but I find it to be VERY weak on my skin. I feel like I would have to spray more than a couple of spritzes for the sillage to be a bit stronger. The scent doesn't linger on me at all either. Disappointed about that.

When I first spray Purr on my skin, the notes I notice the most are the red apple and the white florals. Within minutes, the vanilla and the coconut come out more. After that, more the of the musk comes out. For me, Purr starts off as a clean scent, then a sweet clean scent, and then into a scent that reminds me of hairspray. It's not a bad hairspray at all, but it certainly smells synthetic and completely unremarkable. Maybe if I sprayed this in my hair I'd enjoy it more?

Overall, when comparing the two kitties, I definitely prefer Meow! Meow has a lot more personality, it smells better (in my opinion), and it lasts longer.

SunnyGo93
SunnyGo93

It's musky, that's for sure, but not heavily. I like it, but I also wished that I could have loved it. I gave it away to my mom. It's so-so, but okay, for a celebrity fragrance.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Nothing amazing, but I love the smell!

stefaniedawnn
stefaniedawnn

Meow & Purr were both blind buys for me. I have to say that neither of them are a disappointment. They're both completely different scents, both suited for different occasions & seasons. I think I like Meow a little better, but that's just my personal taste. I don't really think the two can be compared. Purr is a very pleasant fruity-floral. To me I get mostly vanilla, peach, & bamboo. The major downside to this fragrance is the sillage & longevity are quite poor. I found that I could barely smell it at all after spraying it on, so I had to spray on extra. Even then, the scent seems to disappear within an hour or so which is unfortunate. It's yummy & cute, but nothing to be overly excited about. For these reasons I wouldn't purchase it again, but I'll enjoy my 50 ml bottle while it lasts.

spicywasabi
spicywasabi

Purr has more of a floral scent than Meow, but it's not a genuinely floral perfume in my opinion. It is very fruity and sweet too. For me it lasted very long, about 6/7 hours. Love it! And the bottle is adorable and different in a very good way.

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

I hate it. To me, it just smells like alcohol. I don't really get any of the sweetness that should be there given the notes. Maybe it's just me; so many girls love it, but I am not one of them.

mhubbard

Ok, very cute bottle,as we all agree...after that, what else is there to say about this vanilla and coconut-ish concoction? It is the first perfume of a very young cat-loving girl,age 12 or 14.I find it very weak, with poor lasting power. Perfect to wear to the 8th grade dance. Very suitable for my annual Salvation Army give-away box.

inessawf
inessawf

I can never get enough of this perfume! Its soo soothing, sweet and definitely a scent that I recognise on somebody else. The bottle design is unique, and if you're lucky enough, the kitty's collar will come of and you can wear it as a ring :)

FragranceLover12
FragranceLover12

Bottle: 9/10, I love the charm and gem eyes!
Fragrance: a fruity fragrance, fresh yet sweet! but not as sweet as Katy Perry's other fragrance Meow. I think this is more of a night time scent and is suited well to Autumn and Winter, whereas Meow is the opposite.

Overall I think this is a lovely fruity perfume!

chuetta
chuetta

Sweet but fresh, perfect for spring and is more mature than meow.

Orsyna

lovely I got compliments.:)I feel maybe jasmine white flowers and fresh peach delicious.But I feel just some hours not so long lasting what a pity.

ErikaTayTay

This is a wonderfull smelling perfume. I bought my first bottle of it right when it came out in 2011. It is not the classic celebrity perfume. It has a very powerfull and beautiful scent. Normally I only need one squirt of this perfume, and that will last me the whole days. Lovel smelling, and very cute bottle! Very serable as well. I have dropped this frageracne several times, and it is still looknig great!

xoxoRosita
xoxoRosita

This is definitely more of a women's perfume than a teen's perfume. It is very sweet, but in a more mature way, like a sweet red wine as opposed to just sugar. To me it just smells exactly like lilies and wine. It's both floral and rich but in a completely sexy, wearable, and soft way.

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

i bought this perfume last year...but then i passed it over to my youngest sister,as she likes gourmand-like scents...the initial spray of it,i smelled fresh bamboo,apple and juicy peach...but to my nose,the peach n bamboo were clear and easily detected.purr smelled a bit oriental-like and it may be due to the bamboo composition.well,maybe it's just me who smelled that kinda scent.IMO..

then comes the flowery part which to me smelled quite heavy n powdery...it must be coming from gardenia,jasmine n rose...

i like the drydown of purr...it's warm,creamy n woody.and i am so sure that the creamy-ness comes from the combinations of coconut and musk.

the bottle is adorable..i like the 'PURR' pendant that surrounds the neck of the bottle..i can take it off and sometime i wear it as a ring or put it at my silver-coated necklace..yeah,since i do not own a cat as a pet.

ledavis727
ledavis727

After initially really disliking this perfume I had a chance to give it another try when I got a small .50fl oz bottle as a gift from a friend. Like its sister, Meow (which I happen to love), it is an extemely sweet scent. But while Meow borders on creamsicle vanillic sweetness, Purr is much more of a fruity, coconut-y, tropical sweetness. It smells predominantly of peach and coconut, and I get some sweet apple as it dries. I really can't remember what caused me to have such disike for it before as I have been wearing it all day today and have not found it offensive at all. It is definately a candied powerhouse but applied with a light hand it is pleasant and makes me think of summer. The only thing that turns me off about this perfume is the fact that I don't think I will reach for this one very often; it is just too generically fruity-girly-sweet.

mariajoseacosta
mariajoseacosta

A ver... Cuando ví por primera vez este perfume en una revista, casi me muero. De una vez dije: "LO QUIERO", peeero consideré imposible que llegara a mi país.

Afortunadamente hoy estaba yo buscando un perfume para mí y la joven de la perfumería me dijo: "¿Le gustan los perfumes de Katy Perry?"
"¡woooooow!"-Dije. Me emocioné muchísimo y me mostró el Meow, Purr y Killer Queen.

Me enamoré de este perdidamente y lo compré... ♥

Empezando, el diseño de la botella está de ensueño, es púrpura, brilla, tiene diamantes y es un gato (mi animal favorito).

El aroma... mmmmmmmm! Es que podría comerlo. Cuando lo olí le dije a mi madre: "COCO" En mí huele demasiado dulce, como a caramelo, coco dulce, vainilla delicada y una flor. Es como si fuera un postre. Siento que es un aroma muy intenso y dulcísimo, lo cual me fascina.

Definitivamente es un perfume dulce, pero no de niña adolescente, sino más bien un dulce un poquito más "maduro".

Un aroma sensual, que de seguro les va a gustar a muchas personas.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I wouldn´t call it amazing but it´s really nice scent and if you like Katy then you should get it also if you are looking for some sweet scent with coconut, vanilla and peach then Purr is good. Not extremaly sweet but here is sweetness!
It´s girly and suitable for summer and spring.

luna rebel
luna rebel

Unfortunately, I do not get any fruitiness with this fragrance. Just bamboo and flowers. It is pleasant but nothing that smells incredibly good to my nose. It is rather bland. Meow, by contrast, is much fruitier, jucier, and so much more delicious. Wish I liked this fragrance more. I wear it casually, mostly to sleep in.

longevity: 7/10
silage: 6/10

glambert
glambert

I own the 1.7oz bottle which is cute because it's a cat but the perfume itself could be better. Purr reminds me of Lady Gaga's Fame because they both have an overall sensual type of mood but with hints of fruity notes. The scents are not unpleasant but they are lacking in originality. To me, they both are extremely similar to With Love Hilary Duff. However, I still prefer With Love to Katy's Purr.

EvyRose
EvyRose

I am not a snob and I am not against celebrity perfumes.

Packaging: 2.5/5
Lets see. It is a cat..Ok.And it is purple..? I guess it is kind of cute.

Perfume: 2/5
It starts with a buttery popcorny smell with an peachy coconuty freshness. Then it dries down to a standard fruity floral creamy vanilla must (oh I have smelled this before).

Longetivity: 2.5/5
It lasts for a fair amount of time, good enough considering the price of the perfume.

Sillage: 2.5/5
It smells good but nothing that turns peoples heads or makes a statement (not that you need to do that everyday)

Overall: 2.37/5
I would not have this as my signature fragrance and I would not struggle to find something similar in the market.

mrsames77
mrsames77

I really do like this scent. It IS sweet but I don't mind that. The only thing I don't like, is it does not last. At least not on me!! I am going to try Meow soon.

ForrealMe2

i love this scent too..it is just like meow with the same arrangement of the base notes but this has gardenia and apple in the mix yet on the initial spray it smells a bit citrus which maybe the peach in it that gives off that affect but i like how different it is..in my first initial bottle i smelled more of the bamboo and its still there but it seems this time the bamboo is a bit calmer i dont know why but overall i love both purr and meow alot and the bottles are a must have..i bought the giant size now and i love it more than my last set i use to have.

Elmyra
Elmyra

Really adore this frag. The fact that it contains coconut, one of my faves, and having orchid in the base notes, make it special.
On me, it lasts very well, and the notes develop beautifully, the base longevity is very good.
One of my top celeb scents.
(Too bad killer queen is such a monumental disappointment for me.)

themattsky
themattsky

This is just a boring celebrity fragrance, Nothing original! Smells like Fergie's Outspoken Intense

CherryKissesxxx
CherryKissesxxx

I wish Purr had the same effect on me as it did on velvet_hour (below). I loved the soft, powdery fragrance. So fresh - smelt as though I'd just got out the shower. I could smell mainly peach and a hint of gardenia. After a few minutes I found the coconut took over a little. Just beautiful.

I used the lotion before applying the perfume. The lotion also smelt lovely, soft and fresh and was actually extremely moisturising. Not at all weak and watery as I was expecting it to be.

However, the perfume and lotion scent just didn't stay on me. Within about 15 minutes, the only way to smell it was by pressing our noses against my skin! An hour or so later it was even difficult to smell it that way.

So disappointing. I wanted this one to work well because it's such a beautiful, clean and fresh scent.

velvet_hour
velvet_hour

I have to admit I was attracted to this perfume at first by the cute kitty! Had no high expectations as I wasn't a great fan of the bland smelling vanilla affair that was 'Meow'. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this one...
I was immediately struck with how potent it was, (which I wasn't expecting from a KP perfume)and as a lover of stronger, muskier scents, I felt like a had found a new friend.
I really adore the creamy coconut trail that this perfume leaves as you wear it throughout the day, and the apple and peach notes come through beautifully in the first few hours of wearing it.
Beware: I only have to spray this twice, and it stays with me all day, so some may want to go easy on the amount they put on!
Some may also say this perfume is synthetic smelling and similar to other celebrity fragrances that are trying to be fruity/floral yet musky underneath, but I love this one mostly for the coconut element, as it complements the other fruit notes really well.
I liked this so much I purchased it in a pack with body cream e.t.c, and I think it will be adorning my shelf for a long time.
This is definitely a step up from Meow, and hopefully Katy will deliver again with Killer Queen which I have waiting for me as a birthday present.
If you are a fan of Britney Spears' 'Fantasy' line, or any fruity gourmand fragrances, I recommend this one.

perfumeglam87

fruity, soft, powdery..smells like a kids lip balm

ivyheel
ivyheel

It's sweet but not overwhelmingly so, and I get soft vanilla with fruity notes. It is very light so I have been spraying about twice as much as I generally do with my other scents. Purr is very comfortable to wear but I will be exclusively using it during the colder months as it is a warmer, vanilla-based fume. For $20, I would say I got my money's worth and then some.

The bottle is surprisingly large - I'm almost afraid the cat will try to knock over all my other delicate bottles on the dresser.

katty182
katty182

I sprayed some in the store and it was quite fruity but slightly musky at first. Then fades to a light peachy floraly smell.
Just to add is that is smells cheap and more like a body mist.

Orsyna

I just got it!I love the bottle!
I like the fragrance also cozy and nice light vanilla and coconut.Yummy.But not last long unfortunately.

mullingdge
mullingdge

This fragrance is just okay. I just smelled coconut, vanilla, and peach in it. Meow's better.

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

This smells like a deodorant cologne (though to be fair, I have smelt much more interesting body sprays such as the old Impulse range.)

There is nothing really to say other than it smells cheaper than its actual price would indicate

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Purr is nice, not spectacular. It is not very sweet and it has a bit of a cologne scent. It dissipates rather quickly. On the other hand, I was very impressed with Meow. I will not be repurchasing Purr. Meow will be a mainstay in my collection.

radzzzz

Dying to try this perfume. I have the solid perfume and its us just sensational. Cant wait to add this to my collection

Thismomentintimejd
Thismomentintimejd

I have a love hate relationship with this perfume. I love the bottle so much! The perfume itself smells better on my skin than in the bottle thank god. I'm not in love with the scent when it is in the bottle but I liked it enough to buy it. I'm just so glad I like it better when I'm actually wearing it otherwise it would have been a total let down for me. Although even if I hadn't liked the scent I would have kept it for the bottle!

lachifa
lachifa

I think this perfume is too sweet for me. I dont know but if its my skin or what but after spraying it, I started to have a headache...
Maybe I will give it another chance, dont know yet. Will see what happens.

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

I have To admit, I found a little bottle for peanuts at TJMaxx and because it's a cat, and for a pop star I kinda like Katy Perry. Now, I usually don't like sweet fruity juices and..well I don't really get into pop stars either... I love having a snobbish contempt for celebrity perfumes too ;) . So I got the bottle for the cat expecting to dislike the juice in it. I don't "love" it since it's a bit sweeter that I'd usually like. But I do like it. It gets mellow on my skin after a while. From the sharp fruitiness it leaves a creamy dry down. A lot classier that the first impression it gives. I guess I feel the same about Katy Perry actually.... She's all right for a pop star, this is all right for a celebrity perfume. Strangely the opening reminds me of Benneton "Energy" that I dislike to the point of nausea and headache. But this one doesn't have this effect. It was worth the 12$. I would not pay full price for it though. I'll keep it for those days when I feel like I'm 19.... Although at 19, I was wearing much more grown up scents.... Hehe.

lizzygee0
lizzygee0

I really love this but i had to give it away because it burns my skin terribly :[

smells wonderful, very young scent.

Allinug
Allinug

I like Purr but not in the beginning, it's so sweet but the drydown is wonderful, so creamy and soft.

charmybird
charmybird

Yikes. I saw this one for cheap at Ross and I couldn't pass up the purple kitteh. I even got the 3.4oz on a blind buy - bad rookie mistake. I thought, if all fails, at least I have a cute bottle. I got home and sprayed it for the first time... it was okay at first, but then I waited for the dry down and it just got sweeter, and sweeter, almost sickly sweet. I couldn't wait to get it off me. Alas, this kitteh has incredible staying power... which, if you like the fragrance, that's a good thing. I can see this working for some people, but it just isn't me. I like my floral aquatics and this is pretty far from that. Good thing Ross has a good return policy. Too bad the cute bottle didn't work out.

velvetnightmares
velvetnightmares

I would love to try this perfume, cause everything sounds amazing, except for the coconut. I cannot stand coconut.Is the coconut coming through a lot on this one?

Erinbeb
Erinbeb

I really didn't like this one I bought it because one of my friends smelt so good with it on. Then I sprayed it on me and it smelt terrible and it gave me the worst head ache. I had to give it away.

Damorbidbarbie
Damorbidbarbie

I was at my local Marshalls because i needed some new smellys in my collection. I bought Katy Perry's second one named Meow!, and a medium size bottle of Pink Sugar, because those two have to be some of my favorite perfumes out there, anything candy-like and sweet i love! I also am a sucker for super spicy woodsy. So because i love Katy perry i picked up this one too, thinking i would jump through hoops for it like the second one. Well....

I really like this scent, i remember smelling it a while back when it was in the department stores and loving it, but always wanted a bottle. And way before Meow! was out, i'd spray this one all over me when Khols had it in stock. I opened up my bottle and sprayed it, only for it to be really watered down and barely there. I spray it and smelt the bamboo and apple for maybe 18 seconds before it's gone. Even burrowing my nose into my wrist, i couldn't smell it for the life of me!!! Which is very heartbreaking, as I adore Katy Perry!

I was so psyched about this because i got this in the 3.4 Full Size bottle at Marshalls for $15, plus Meow! for 15$, and Pink sugar for $20! I wanted to get her first two perfumes before i went out and bought Killer Queen, that i'm absolutely IN LOVE WITH!!! <3 <3 <3 I wear Meow! at my work all the time and everybody loves it and always comments on how good it smells, same with Pink sugar. I always mix the two and it lingers on my skin and leaves me smelling delicious for days, even after a shower.

But with this one, i can't get it to stick! It's so frustrating! I have to layer it with Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur just to get it to last. I don't know if i just got a bottle that they left in the heat, or if it's old, or if it's just the scent, but i don't remember it being like this at all. My friend who wears Purr all the time couldn't even place the scent. I'm going to give it one more try and if nothing happens, at least i have a cute room spray to leave on my dresser.

nellychick31
nellychick31

I'm a big fan of this perfume. I find that it starts out crisp, tart and juicy, but then warms up into creamy florals. I dont get too much of the vanilla or amber, and it never turns into a gourmand or overly sweet fragrance. It's actually a stark contrast to Meow, which is very sweet on my skin. I purchased a .5ml sample size at Ross four aroudn $5 and will definitely be going back for a larger size once that is used up.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Blind buy on discount.

One spray is too much on my skin:

I mostly smell gardenia, peach, sandalwood, musk and amber. This results in a sort of floral peaches & cream scent, while red apple and bamboo add some freshness.

Purr would've been a reluctant keeper, but even at arm's length it's pungent and powdery.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

With the main notes here being peach, coconut, vanilla and apple, I expected something much more gourmand. But I was pleasantly surprised with Purr, the florals are definitely in there as well, so it feels mature enough for me to wear it :) (with me probably being just outside the target age for these types of perfumes..)
The drydown is the best part though, vanillary coconut is devine. The more I wear it the more I like it.

abianchi
abianchi

Not very impressed with this scent. It smells like every other perfume out there that is trying to be the grown-up version of Pink Sugar. A musky, vanilla scent which gave me a terrible headache. Plus, the bottle is very childish and kept falling over :(. The scent lasts all of one hour on me, therefore it will be getting returned tomorrow. Too bad :(

PrettyFieldsOfFlowers
PrettyFieldsOfFlowers

It was a blind buy,I was very intrigued by the raving reviews so I just went and bought a 50ml bottle.Should have bought the smaller one,because I'm not sure if I'll use up all of it,simply because it's not a scent that you could wear all year round - during spring and summer it might be too heavy and sickly sweet.I would find it comforting during fall and winter because of the gourmand notes; it is a very yummy perfume,but you need to be in a mood for it.

nordicnymphwitch
nordicnymphwitch

Absolutely one of my most favorite scents.
Peachy, violet-y, vanilla and orchid scents are what stand out the most to me.
Which are literally all of my favorite scents.
It's really yummy smelling and a scent that fits each season, but it does seem to be quite a "nighttime" scent, which I love.
I love the bottle too, but that's also because I'm obsessed with the color purple and cats haha :P
I wasn't expecting to like it but I absolutely love it and it's well priced! :D

perfumelover243
perfumelover243

I would say purr is a sweet, fruity and young scent. Its lasting
power is pretty good: around 3 hours. The age group for me is around
18-30.

GartenGnome
GartenGnome

In a world where most fragrance designers are cranking out these loud plastic fake fruity candy concoctions, Purr is a lovely stand-out. It opens with ripe summer fruits dancing with exotic florals, then dries down to a delicate feminine softness like that of your favorite fruity/powdery deodorant.
A trilogy of vanilla, coconut, and sandalwood balance out the base in such harmony that none of these three dominates the others.
This is the fragrance you wear when you want to project a lovely feminine aura yet you don't want to choke everybody with overly-sweet noxious fumes.
I hug a lot of people and when they catch a whiff of this delicate scent, the compliments and inquiries come rolling in.
Purr is so soft and gentle. It won't offend anybody. I love it so much, it makes me wanna blind-buy Perry's other fragrances!

ruxandra19
ruxandra19

A very pleasant perfume,that smells more floral-fruity than sweet but i can still recognize vanilla in it. An ingenious and interesting design bottle this scent can attract like a magnet young people who buy perfumes as shown, not as smell. I own this perfume, I especially like the fact that it stays on clothes for days. A good choice especially for teenagers or young people.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

This scent is one of my all time favorites! On initial spray it smells very sweet and candy like but not like too overpowering. For some reason the main smell that I get out of this perfume is the peach, apple and vanilla :) which makes this already a winner in my book. And just the name and the bottle are amazing. Purr I would say Is a fruity floral and last about 4 to 6 hours on my skin, this too me is a very playful nighttime scent and could also be worn during the day either works lol :) 10/10

summersun12
summersun12

I love this perfume! Smells very fruity and yummy. It also smells unique. I would def purchase it again. The kitty bottle is adorable, too. Katy did a fabulous job on this fragrance. I wear it a lot. :)

MsDana
MsDana

I am pleasantly surprised by this one. It is a very pretty scent. I get the apple & gardenia, then a touch of coconut, which is very nice. It is not that extraordinary, but it is a lot nicer then I thought it would be like. I am not going to lie though, even if I disliked it, I would still want the pretty purple kitty on my vanity, but thankfully I do like it, & will gladly purchase it in the near future.

aldal83
aldal83

The first fragrance by Katy, I like it a lot!
My partner gave me this last year as a spontaneous gift, along with another perfume. I got the gift set with the shower gel and body lotion.
The smell is sweet, with florals and fruit, with a warm vanilla base which really makes it I think.
Strong enough for night wear but also suitable as a day scent, I find it a good all rounder.
As a cat lover I adore the cute bottle, and have just ordered meow which I'm looking forward to trying out.
I noticed someone said it has a green scent, I couldn't disagree more! As a lover of sweet, fruity and vanilla scents I love this one!

syifanada
syifanada

i really like the smell and the bottle perfume. and i would rather buy this then meow. but meow is also nice

polkadot27
polkadot27

Apple, rose, musk and vanilla are the only notes i smell, eventually when the fragrance settles down i get a peachy vanilla creamy scent. The fragrance was never going to be a masterpiece with it being celebrity especially due to the amount of notes which makes you believe it would be deeply original and bewildering. However it is pleasant, it is a creamy fruity floral that is playful and girly and warm and inviting for the price no one can complain, it lacks originality but for the low price that's understandable.
I have the 100ml and it settles into too sweet a scent for me, however it is ideal for those weekends lazing around the house or in the garden.

babycakesbec
babycakesbec

I really wanted to like this perfume because the bottle is adorable! The notes sounded delightful but I have to say i was disappointed. It's a strong scent, to me I get an overwhelming gardenia scent which I don't like. It also smells like shampoo, or floraly soap. I ended up giving it to a friend and she liked it so I didny completely waste my money.

Liebchenn
Liebchenn

I was initially overly critical of this scent because based on the notes I expected this to just be a very in your face floral bomb with some fruit notes. I expected to get zero coconut too because I read a lot of people didn't get that note when they wore it, which made me weary of even trying this because I love coconut in scents.

This was at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago in one of those little tiny portable sprays for soooooo cheap (I think less than $5) and I figured I didn't have much to lose. I was so pleasantly surprised when I finally tried it a couple of weeks ago!

Keeping my expectations fairly low, I do my inital spray at about 5pm and initially this is quite potent. Peaches, bamboo, vanilla and sweetness are the first scents I get and I quite like it. The better part of it came around 7 or 8 pm though. I was so surprised I was fortunate enough to get the white florals with the creamy coconut and powder...and this was my favorite part of the scent. Sniffing my wrist, I was happy for the rest of the night and enjoying the projection I got when I sat down and got a nice whiff of this. 12pm the next day I could still smell this, though it was more of a lingering vanilla after scent.

I love the notes in this, the projection, longevity, and the fact that this is really different and original. The cute little bottle doesn't hurt either!

shor823
shor823

This remids me of grape Crystal Light (koolaid). Very sweet and fun. Not a bad scent at all, but it's definately not for me.

update- So after I had this on for about 20 mins, the scent of koolaid went way down. I noticed the undertone of vanilla and now and it smells better. It's similar to Brittney Spears Fantacy.. it's not the same, but definately similar.

paojaime
paojaime

Ok this is disgusting. I have Meow and I loooove it, it is the most amazing blend of vanilla and pear, just yummy. I bought this today at Marshalls (3.4 oz for $19) and I was so excited to try it out. initially, it smells like sour plum... as it dries it's like the vanilla is trying to come out but it keeps getting slapped down by unpleasant weird fruity notes until finally just drying into a powder bomb. I was very surprised, because the reviews I've read sound great. I think this blend of fruits and vanilla just does not work, whereas in Meow everything is in harmony. I am returning it tomorrow.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I have the roll-on $5 at Marshalls! and I really like this and it lasts forever 20+ hrs on me. Definately worth it, Will be wearing it often.

It is strong, for the first hour or 2 everyone in the room smells it. I put an inch strip on my wrist about 7pm in the car after purchasing it and we had to drive on the freeway with the windows down. At 4hrs you had to be standing next me me to smell it, At 20 hours it was still strong an inch or two above my skin.

Smell wise, First off I dont know much about notes, but I get a strong Gardenia & jasmine with the musk & vanilla warming it nicely.. I dont get fruit (well maybe during the first blast that made my throat hurt) and no coconut smell.

josh_mars
josh_mars

Im in love, it's flirty and sexy,
But the sad part is, that it fades
so quick:(
Follow me on instagram----> @josh_mars_

PerfumeManiac101
PerfumeManiac101

This was my first fragrance purchase, and It would be my signature. Purr opens up with the soft apple with a peach nectar. Then it comes to a pleasing bamboo which makes it more like a green scent. Then the florals come. The jasmine comes and makes it quite soapy. Then the vanilla orchid comes and makes it a little more sweeter. Finally, the base notes. The musk comes with a hint of wood to make it more peaceful you would say. It is a perfect scent. :)

Bella1
Bella1

Meow is warm and fun. Sweet and long lasting
Always gets compliments. The bottle is adorable
And you can pick up the large bottle for $20 at TJ's
or Marshalls.

vinsquila
vinsquila

I got the gift-set of purr. totes prefer meow to this. I don't get sweet-scent (vanilla?) at all from this, nor the coconut. I don't know, maybe I'm an exception. longetivity is poor either, and one thing disappoints me the most is that the shimmering lotion doesnt really shimmer on your skin, while meow's shimmering lotion totally does! well im not a pro in perfume thing at all, all I can say is that purr smells somewhat classy while meow smells totally sweet & vanillazillic

Edna96
Edna96

I didn't expect this to smell as good as it does. The bottle is really cute, but on most of the testers, the top doesn't stay on anymore. It's really sweet, but spraying too much at once can really damage you nose,I did that mistake this morning.

pamela091083
pamela091083

Este perfume junto con meow los compre en mayo y son una delicia gasta menos de 50 dolares por los 2 y me ha dejado enamorada, son exquisitos, económicos, elegantes, femeninos y son fragancias que pueden llevarse en cualquier epóca del año ya que no son empalagosos ni pesados, Purr es super frutal se le puede sentir el olor a durazno, bambú verde, a vainilla, coco y almizcle esos son las que en mi piel predominan más y me fascina la duración el estela es muy prolongado vale la pena tenerlos, serian de las que volveria a comprar cuando se me gasten, los frascos son hermosos, enseñando el lado travieso femenino de una mujer =)

tyekristopher

now this is a really nice fragrance, First of all let me start off by saying I love the coconut in this mixed with the vanilla, I just smells so good to me! It is a must if you love vanilla fragrances. It draws alot of compliments wherever I go people always ask what I'm wearing it's kinda annoying actually but hey it does the job! It also has a fresh clean smell due to the bamboo which I love as well so it is not too heavy on the sweet side. Only thing I could say about this fragrance in a bad way is that it takes about 10 sprays for you to smell it and to make it last all day but other than that I'm in love with purr by katy perry, I'm a fan of her music and her taste in perfume is great too! I love hers, britney and jessica simpsons taste those girls know how to make a good memorable scent! I would suggest this to anybody who has a fun outgoing personality like me !

AvaAdore
AvaAdore

I kind of hate this. It's really thick and powdery. Smells nothing like I would have imagined. I was hoping for a sexy, fruity, sweet scent, but this is so strong and dirty/musky. It's actually making my throat swell.

clancyann
clancyann

I love both Purr and Meow. Purr especially works well as a composition. As I wear it more, the peach stands out, but it's still well blended. It works well as a year-round fragrance, even though it's sweet. The peach cuts that total sugar-bomb cake frosting sweetness with a little tart and lightens it a bit. Purr and D&G Pour Femme seem to be my daughter's favorite perfumes (she's three). I asked her what Purr smelled like, and she said, "Cupcake la-la!" Longevity is as poor as everyone is saying, but that's why I have the 100 ml bottle -- scored at Marshall's on clearance for $10.

jamjazz
jamjazz

sweet and soft fragrance, which smells of delicate peach, apples, roses and vanilla lingering around. really fun bottle on the top of all these!

Lisaone
Lisaone

I bought this for my teen daughter since she loved the bottle and likes katy perry. The smell however, neither of us were a fan. Its not a BAD smell, its just a little bit ordinary, we both usually like celebrity fragrances but this one was a little more old lady than we are used to. Its just so very floral, the gardenias are the most noticeable, and honestly ive never smelled a gardenia in real life, but i always buy the gardenia scented toilet rolls for our bathroom and this perfume smells the same! I think this is ok for summer day-to-day wear and its light and floral. But its not anything you would break out for a special occasion.

mhubbard

Boring, generic sweet, indistinguishable from all the others and poor longevity. Waste of money. And I love cats. Still a waste of money.

louisminaj
louisminaj

Okay, to me this perfume is very floral with only a hint of fruits. It is a very strong scent. I bought this as a blind but as it was on offer at the perfume shop. It is a very pleasant scent, but I do feel it is for more mature people because of all the florals that are included in this fragrance. The only fruits I get are the Apple and then Coconut. The apple is very fresh and adds a nice touch where as the coconut adds a very sweet touch.

The longtivity is good, lasts about 7-8 hours, so you don't need to keep applying. The silage is moderate at best the furthest it goes is arm length, so that's nothing to be screaming about really.

The bottle, this bottle is one of the best designs I have ever seen, I think they are so cute and very presentable! I also really like the colour of the bottle, as purple is one of my favourite colours.

So I highly recommend this fragrance, it has a very nice, heavy scent. The longtivity is good! For the price, this perfume is a steal!

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Funny story =) So i received a sample of this yesterday and i sprayed some on right away to see if it's what i thought it would be.

YAY! I really liked it. Sweet, fruity, floral and surprisingly fresh kinda zingy. It's such a happy party no care in the world girly smell. =)

And, all would have been fine and dandy if i wouldn't have started sneezing and feeling a very familiar allergy itch in the back of my throat. I was shocked!... like OMG... will i actually have an allergic reaction to this?! ... I will sound like such a drama queen! LOL

I was telling my hubby about it and he replied jokingly... "is it made with cats?" Ha ha ha! Noooooooo.... Smarty Pants it's obviously not made with cats! LOL

We are not cat ppl but i have been having some beautiful cat dreams recently and now i keep "threatening" him with adopting a fluffy kitty.

I was so sad at the idea of having to give up this cute bottle, and so i decided to give the perfume another fighting chance today... annnnnd.... YAY! I wont have to take allergy medication when wearing this! LOL

Kitty here i come!!! Ha ha ha.... Hubby - we shall after all have a kitty... bottle in the house =p

KelseyRaven
KelseyRaven

One of my first and favorite perfumes. I love the versatility of it.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Blind buy from Ross for $6; it's a cute perfume, very very sweet and fruity indeed but surprisingly not to the point that you get a headache. It's not a tacky scent, quite pleasant and fun smelling sweet. I do spray this one lightly and prefer it in the afternoon evening. I'd buy this again.

amna.bint.mohammed
amna.bint.mohammed

I Love everything about this perfume except the fat that it has coconut :X

Xiiaolianq
Xiiaolianq

The best fragrance Ive ever owned.

I loved this from the moment i tried it at Metro. It smelled so great, and I loved it even more when it dried down. Sweet vanilla, that smells like cake.

I am always a sucker for sweet smelling perfumes, and this was the one that enticed me the most. If you like sweet smelling perfumes without a hint of sourish smell and love vanilla, then this is the absolute one for you too :)

arwen38
arwen38

To my nose it smells like Miracle by Lancome, which I also own. Sweet floral...I enjoy both fragrances.

92heartbeat
92heartbeat

cute bottle <3 to me it smells just like be enchanted by bath and body works

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I was attracted to this bottle and was this close to buying when I saw it was severely discounted in the store, then I did a spray test and saw why- I smelled nothing but alcohol. I even held my arm up to my boyfriend when I found him again a few aisles over and he just started coughing.

jessbug
jessbug

I like this when I'm in the right mood. It smells sweet and clean. Unfortunately for me, I don't get the coconut.

It reminds me of girly, sweet peach-vanilla shampoo in the first two hours. The next two hours it calms down considerably, sillage reduced to almost nothing.

I slightly prefer this one over Meow, although that one is nice too. It's not a classic, no, but it's fun enough :)

3.5/5

pipergirl

I can see how this light, fun fruity/floral would appeal to a wide variety of age ranges - not just tweens/teens. The person below me mentioned that her 8 year old daughter wears and loves Purr and I can see that. A couple of days ago I noticed this fragrance on a 60+ year old woman - and it really worked for her!

7663shannon
7663shannon

This and Wonderstuck are my daughter's favorite fragerances to my horror/amusement. She is eight, enough said.

Rachaelloraine
Rachaelloraine

I'll be the first to admit it.... Celebrity fragrances are my kryptonite. Sometimes I feel so out of the loop from loving these fragrances, but I have to be true to my nose, biases aside.

I can see the similarity between purr and amor amor but only on the first spray. When I first tried it at Kohl's I kept smelling my wrist. I knew I recognized it from somewhere and I just couldn't remember where... When I finally looked at the notes and saw ORCHID I knew that Enchanted Orchid by Bath and Body Works was the smell I was remembering.

I love orchid. I love vanilla. And on my skin this smells exactly like that... A deep sexy vanilla orchid.

Maybe it's just my skin chemistry, because it seems to take simple celebrity scents and transform them into completely different fragrances than what I read about in reviews. Purr has never smelled like apple or hairspray or shampoo to me. What it does do is make me feel sweet and sexy and sultry, and my boyfriend loves it too.

Remember to keep your prejudices aside. It's okay to enjoy celebrity fragrances. They just may surprise you!

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

This scent is really nice, the dye down is heavenly creamy vanilla and gentle jasmine but be careful don't over spray this can be very overpowering for a good couple of hours is you use too much I know this from experience I used 3 spays on my wrist I usually use 2 of all my perfumes. The vanilla in this is lovely too.
Gentle lovely on summer days and evenings. Great going out perfume.

Hrisi
Hrisi

I don't know much about Katy Perry, but her perfume Purr is pretty good.
What I like in it:
It's long lasting and people around me feel it and adore it. I like the fact that the base has coconut and vanilla, make it creamy after some time.
What I don't like:
The main thing that bothers me in this fragrance is the presence of too many flowers as opposed to fruit. If the middle or base notes had apricot or banana, for example, the scent would be perfect. And I'm not a fan of bamboo, and it definitely felt.
The bottle:
Although I prefer the classic, clean bottles I love this.
Very, very cute. One of the most beautiful perfume bottles I've ever seen!
Quick review:
- STRONG AND LONG LASTING
- CREAMY AND FLOWERY
- STUNNING BOTTLE

kikiena01
kikiena01

Purr reminds me so much of Cacharel Amor Amor (drydown), it just has more of sweet vanilla in. And I would say that this fragrance kinda smells like sun tan lotion on my skin, which in this case is nothing but great. I actually love the top notes but the dry down turns into some kind of bitter vanilla, I am not sure whether it is good or bad for my skin. Still, the beginning is delicious and yummy.

I will continue testing the sample and maybe I end up buying a small bottle. But the bad longevity really puts me down.

GREETINGS FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC! :)

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

To me this is a little similiar to Jessica Simpson Fancy, but with peach instead of pear and coconut instead of the caramel note. It also has about half the projection and lasting power. I still like it though! Am enjoying the coconut feel of it, it is a pretty combo and is nice and sweet. I love cats and think the bottle is cute, albeit a little juvenile!

sweetsauce
sweetsauce

I wish the lasting power was better on this, but this is my signature scent because I get so many compliments. I think it also suits my personality the best because part of my job is to be fun and outgoing. Definitely isn't a scent for the sophisticated office lady and is more appropriate for a bubbly gal without being too juvenile (what else would you expect from Katy Perry). I wear this on days when I need a boost of energy/confidence like presentation days at work or on date nights. I'm sure I will grow out of this a couple more years due, but for now it's perfect for me.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

my sister wears this. I was very unimpressed. But I guess I am a snob when it comes to celeb. frags--and that's only because they seem poorly concocted, generic, unoriginal, and there's never a WOW factor. Except for Fancy by Jessica Simpson--I will admit it has its charms! But Katy perry purr.. Yeah.. Very boring and has no staying power at all. My sister sprays and it's gone within a minute.. where my perfumes can be smelled wafting around me all through the day. She won't try mine though!

radzzzz

I have the solid perfume for this and it is heavenly. smells so suttle and charming. cant wait to get the perfume itself.

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

Just picked up a tiny bottle of this at Ross because I have the full sized Meow (which I really like!) And I wasn't too impressed with this when I smelled it a few months ago. But I figured why not, it was super cheap and I figured it would sit nicely with Meow.
Well, I gotta say, I know why I didn't like this when I tested it.....I sprayed it into the air,not on my skin. On fist spray, it's harsh and smells like hairspray. When it settles, I FINALLY get that coconut everyone is talking about! Granted, it's not as coconutty as I would like, but it is there. I get more peach and rose with this then anything and a slight green note, probably the bamboo. This is better then my first impression of it but still wont be in my top faves. Meow in my opinion is much nicer but this does have a rose/coconut thing going on which I do like.

SMIG25perfumes
SMIG25perfumes

it really worth buying it, if not for the scent then for the bottle, i think it is so much fun and cute and unique. plus the perfume is quite nice!!!

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

I love this perfumes but not lasting. How about Meow??

polecat
polecat

It's funny people are saying low longevity, on me (very dry skin) it lasts forever! I really enjoy this scent, it was given to me by a very sweet fragrantician and it has rapidly become my 'comfort' scent. I wear it when I'm snuggling up in the house in a fluffy bed jacket and slippers.

yammyclink
yammyclink

Uh yeah it smells ok, smells a bit sour... but it last for like a few hrs...so no i wouldnt get this because the price is not worth it..

christinavictory

I love this so much. I mostly smell rose, apple, coconut, and bamboo. It's fresh and floral and a little bit tropical/fruity. I love it so much, it makes me feel adventurous when I wear it. I really do not get a very sweet vibe from it. It makes me think of rain forests. This is a great scent in an even better bottle.

pipergirl

I bought this perfume mainly for the cute bottle :). But I am pleasantly surprised by how nice this fragrance is - fruity florals infused with vanilla, quite pretty from the initial spray all the way to the dry down. Purr does fade fairly quickly but for the price I paid I can't really complain and it's light enough to wear during the summer which is another plus in my book.

Debshee
Debshee

OMG!! The only reason I looked at this was the cute bottle. I was shocked I liked this so much on my skin and on my clothes. It didn't seem to bother anyone while I was shopping. Unfortunately it fades fast but that's actually ideal for work especially in the summer. Can't wait for my order to get here!!

EDIT: Seems to last longer on dry skin but either way. I still love it!!!

fara.idola
fara.idola

I have this perfumes. I love it but it not long lasting for me. I give it to my sister. My sister so excited wear it.

vonwinklestine

This perfume is yum! When it came out I loved the cute bottle and the perfume sounded good. It was generally always quite expensive in shops so I thought I'd only get it if I really liked it. Sampling the scent was on my to do list, but I never got round to it, until last night my sister bought me the little 15ml bottle ( which sadly is not cat shaped) for my birthday and I loved it. It's not generic like a lot of celebrity fragrances, intact if I didn't know, I'd think it was designer.

It's a scent that can be worn by older woman aswell as younger woman.

vonwinklestine

It's a scent that can be worn by older woman aswell as younger woman.

TilasProdigy
TilasProdigy

"Sex Kitten" This fragrance is seductive and for those 20+ girls who are looking for some fun.

The bottle is unique and beautiful. Its hard for a perfume bottle to be shaped like something and not look tacky. And the the bottle has jewels and it still doesn't look tacky. JEWELS!

I'm not sensitive to perfume at all but this perfume gives me a mild headache. But It does not mean that it doesn't smell good because it does! This fragrance is a strong seductive fruity floral. The peach shows but not to much, the most showed thing in it was the florals.

BOTTLES - 9/10
FRAGRANCE - 8.5/10
UNIQUE - 8.5/10
LONGEVITY - 7.8

TOTAL - 9.5/10

Ginni Button
Ginni Button

My favourite perfume right after Midnight Fantasy BS. I LOVE it so much and get compliments all the time when wearing it!

Would recommend! Fantastic fragrance!

lolitavanilla
lolitavanilla

Writing the opinion of my 13 year old sister for those looking for a perfume for younger friends and family.:)
"It smells fun and fruity for nice occasions.I also smell the flowers but they are not old lady flowers. I like the apple smell in it. I love the bottle and the color is very pretty. I like the bottle for my dresser. Its definatly my favorite perfume."

myeaude
myeaude

This fragrance smells so fresh fruity floral, and a really warm vanilla dry down. And the bottle looks like a cute cat.

ayeraebae
ayeraebae

I don't really like Purrs. It's kind of musky, I honestly think it's better for women over 25. It seems to fit them better. The bottle is cute, though. I think it would be one to use if you were going to a formal dinner or something. it seems like a special occasion perfume.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Creamy, peachy and floral. The creaminess is largely the work of the coconut note, which I'm not particularly fond of. Over all, it is sweet and delightful. Purrrrrr

hannahscircus
hannahscircus

It's a really nice scent ;) but since it was never a really strong perfume, you have to be careful with how you store it. I got mine in 2011 but since I wasnt experienced with perfumes, it was in the sun a bit. Now it smells really bad :( but if I didn't do that to it, I'd still love it!

katie257
katie257

Gorgeous scent, can't put my dinner on what I smell, but a real winner

mhubbard

Pleasant, sweet, floral/vanilla. Perhaps its my imagination but it seems to have a violet note. I love cats and the bottle:).Nice for the price, no complaints, but if you have Fancy, Fantasy,Mariah Carey, etc, etc, you probably do not need this one as it is nothing very special.

ninius
ninius

From the outside this perfume has two things I dislike; Katy Perry and cats... Still I can't help but just LOVE this fruity coconut loveliness that lies inside it. Purr is probably the best coconut scent I've smelled so far. Very nice.

salne
salne

For your everyday use when all you feel like is laying on the bed and PURRing :)

Jess1fireflight
Jess1fireflight

I wore this or the first time today and i got complimented many times and i got told i smelt like bubblegum. :)))) yay

wonderstrucksomeday
wonderstrucksomeday

I am not happy with this perfume. My mom brought it home one day for her, my sister and I. I was expecting something light, maybe. When I smelled it, I was disappointed. It smells cheap, and kind of sickening if you're around someone wearing it for too long. It smells almost as though the scents are competing against each other. It's not incredibly strong, but it is noticeable. I would not reccommend this perfume.

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

This is apple on first spray then fades more to a mixture of the apple, peach and slight coconut. Hardly any vanilla at all. It's ok though. Think I will prefer 'meow' x

Wifeynye
Wifeynye

I love the bottle!!! The scent... Not so much. Just too generic fruity floral.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I just picked this one up fairly inexpensively and I am really enjoying it. It is similar to Dolce & Gabbana The One Lace Edition, at a much smaller price point. It just has a similar feel, and the soft powdery floral musky vanilla. I am really pleased with the purchase and I think this will make a great summer perfume for me.

fighter
fighter

Aw...I wish I could say that I love this scent, but I have to say that I "just" like it.

Opening & middle notes are way too much flowery for me. Rose, Gardenia, Freesia, stands up among the other ingredients. Also, I don't know if this is bamboo or what but, I feel like the opening smells too alcoholic ;(

Then, after one hour, this fragrance develop into a more comfortable sweet and warm base, where vanilla and amber are protagonits, but the presence of a flower is still there: the Orchid. Hopefully some coconut puts what remains into a creamy ending.

I tested it in a 10 mill roll but, unfortunately, I'm not gonna buy the cute cat bottle ;(

Her other perfume, "Meow", is definitely better for my taste.

Dara813
Dara813

Personally, I am not a fan of flowery scents nor do I want to smell like a cupcake. Well, this perfume is neither of those. I can definitely smell the jasmine and sandalwood in here, which are two of my favorite components in a perfume, as they always go well with my particular skin chemistry. The pink freesia and bamboo sweeten it up a bit, resulting in a lovely scent.

It's funny because I ran into this perfume on accident...I literally ran into it when I say this. I was in Kohl's browsing the perfumes because my two favorites ever (Versace Woman and Gucci Envy) have been discontinued. The only celebrity perfume I had ever tried before this was Beyonce'a heat and I was not thrilled with it's staying power compared to the name brands I mentioned above. So, I decided to see what else was out there at Kohl's since they have a ton of testers and brands but no one pressuring you to buy and spraying different perfumes to overload and distort your sense of smell. Well, it was a bit crowded and the woman behind me sprayed this all over herself and it left a trail..on my coat, my hair, etc. I smelled like it all night, which is obviously a good thing. My mother and sister complimented the scent so I went back a few days later and picked up a bottle.

Well...I am still getting compliments and this perfume lasted on my coat for days. I can smell it on me after an 8-hour work day or a full workout. I don't know why people at calling it an immature fragrance. Just because it isn't Guerlain (which I adore) or Dior (which I also love but costs a pretty penny) does not make it any less worthy of being a great scent. When I think immature, I think of Love's Baby Soft or Tommy Girl, both of which I wore in my freshman year of high school. However, this would not have appealed to me at 14. Women from 20-50 have complimented me on this scent. Yes, it's sweet. Too sweet? No. Yes, it's young and fun. Immature or too young? No way. As I mentioned, smelling like a cupcake or bubblegum seem too young in my opinion. I am not going to be biased just because this is a celebrity fragrance. It's perfume and it's lovely.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

As much as I hate to admit it, and unfortunately not being a fan of Katy Perry (nothing personal.), it seems that celebrity perfumes smell the best on my skin chemistry.

I know that a million people can trash this along with others for being "unoriginal" or mass produced, or celebrity (cheap, not complex).. or just something seen to be sold to the masses...

That being said... I have had to learn to put down my biases, my prejudice to mass produced stuff I would be embarassed to admit I like... or the array of flirty Kohl's and Victoria Secret Fragrances I love.

I have to go with my nose and put on blinders and just see... shock of all shocks.. What actually smells good! So it's a kitty bottle... ok... so it looks like it's for the tween set. So you don't like the bubblegum music.

The fact and the bottom line is... this fragrance is lovely. It is not cloying. It is not obnoxious. Who ever did this actually made a sweet pretty flirty perfume, even though it's young. That actually smells nice. (And being sensitive to some fragrances... this one actually does not make me feel sick to smell it!! Which is a BIG plus. :) Time will tell.)

Now if you love traditional more mature fragrances, you will hate this. You will curse it to the moon... with all the other obnoxious million celeb fragrances.

But if you like soft.

If you like sensual...

If you like sweet and a little fruity.

If you love your boyfriend to say "Mmmmm..." and not keep his nose away from your neck and kisses all over your body..

Well - forget everything and just get it! ;)

It's actually very nice. While testing it in the store before I bought it this fall. I stopped some strangers to smell my arm to see if I am crazy. And everyone was like "Oooooh that smells so soft and pretty! What is that?? That is so nice! You should get it!"

Katy Perry Purr. ~ If my boyfriend knows who it's by.. he has the aversion I do as well... but if I just spray it for fun. He is all over me. And even though it's soft and sensual it is still appropriate for everyday use. I loved it before I showed it to him, and would wear it for myself anyday regardless. So this is very nice. Personally I think "sexy" fragrances should wisper and lead you in. Not hit you over the head. If you feel sexy about yourself, you don't have to shout it to the world. ;) You will just feel and smell delicious. :)

Notes I notice...

Yes I smell a very lovely mix of coconut (which is very nice that it's yummy coconut without making you nausious!), I do smell the apple. It is soft and lightly sweet, not sour at all or bright. I am not familiar with what bamboo smells like. So I can't comment on that. On first application it is sweet and light and optimistic. You definately smell a soft fruity floral. On the dry down soft florals.. I didn't realize gardenia was the flower but I definately recognize it now. And it's a soft one. And at the bottom notes... it is such a lovely vanilla soft coconut.

This fragrance could potentially give all the flirty yummy Vicky Secret fragrances a run for their money!

E.i. Sexy Little Things Noir, Vanilla Lace, or Berry Kiss. If you love these kinds of soft floral sweet fragrances with a touch of Vanilla, Praline, or Amber; You would ADORE this one! I do! :D

Katy Perry?! Who Knew?? lol. I want to cringe but I have to say I love this one! :)

geelightning
geelightning

I'm not exactly a fan of celeb perfumes, nor of Katy Perry, nor of cats, nor of coconut smells but...

Surprise! Surprise! I love this! For some reason, the repulsion I feel for that dreaded fruit was not felt when I got a sample of this.

Pretty simple smell, not very unique as I've smelled similar ones before. But I do love it. It's warm and sexy but not in a trying-to-be-sexy kinda way. Cute bottle as well! Overall, pleasantly surprised!

UPDATE: lasts about 3-6hrs. Around that time it just smells like powder so have to reapply.

tabithacate
tabithacate

So impressed by Purr. I recieved it as a birthday present from my brother.
First spray intense coconut which smelt warming and like I was sunbathing on a beach covered in coconut oil which is always a good mindflash when travelling to work in the cold icy February air.
Midway through the day I ended up constantly sniffing my wrist the Malibu and Coconut had dried down and mixed into the peach. The smell was very nuturing and comforting on the dry down yet still made me picture being on a beach on a blazing hot day.
The perfume lasts the whole day but mellows out after about 5 hours.
Lovely scent for all the seasons guaranted to make you chirpy. One of the Celeb scents worth your money if you are a fan of coconut. 5/5 from me.

alycat
alycat

Admittedly it was the cute bottle that attracted my attention, but there was something familiar about the smell. It reminds me of Sun Moon Stars, which I wore in the 90s. They share a lot of the same notes: peaches, freesia, rose, orchid, amber, sandalwood and vanilla. However, Purr has apple instead of pineapple and bergamot, fewer floral notes overall and no cedar. That, along with the addition of coconut, makes it a lighter, fresher fragrance.

I'm a fan.

tavo
tavo

I buyed this for my girlfriend last cristmas and she love it, I have a fetish for everything katy Perry so I buy this, and havent regret it. Its not a masterpiece but does a perfect job for a celebrity fragance. Smell wise is sweet peach loveliness.

Missinsolence
Missinsolence

Not sure if I am the only one who found the dry down alike the soft drink cream soda. Like it though.

StuartDoheny
StuartDoheny

overpowering and over priced for such a sickly sweet and
generic scent- go for Avril Lavigne: Forbidden Rose- truely a unique and mysterious favourite

MintyBobbins
MintyBobbins

The bottle is great.. I'm a cat person.. so.. i love this bottle.. the color and all. I smelled it on a store, and I can't stop sniffing at the paper strip. I can't wait to have it in my hands.. jaja hopefully it will fit on my skin.. ja some day.. ;)

JessiMaiyasmommy
JessiMaiyasmommy

so bad....the bottle i bought was leaking and now my car smells like this hot mess, bought it for my daughter smelled like death and flowers, didnt go with the bottle at all unless u go on the old cat lady tangent and it just seems mean

Clyn11
Clyn11

Initial spray is nice and I thought... hmmm yum. 20 mins later, it became cloying and a bit nauseating (and I like oriental/gourmand/vanilla scents). Strong Vanilla-Coconut. I suspect the bamboo note doesn't agree with me.
Sillage is good, Longevity is average.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Rather nice, girly. Reminds me very much of Paris Hilton's 1st perfume. It's sweet and floral, nicely composed, and layered. It's not overly fruity-sweet cotton candy as some may dislike.
It starts of juicy florals, with a hint of Apple, definitely has Freesia and gardenia for a white floral oily juicyness. Quickly quiets down and becomes more subtle, Amber Vanilla, and the Orchid becomes more dominant. Orchid isn't terribly exotic, blends very well with the soft gentle Oily coconut Gardenia vibe, a very common fragrance, but this settles nicely to a long lasting Vanilla Amber. I'm a dude and it's a rather comforting scent.
The Lotion is awesome too and projects a little better, and keeps the opening juicy notes longer. I rubbed some on my cat. he's kinda stinky.

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

When I sprayed it on my wrist I could smell peaches, coconut. But it dried down I smell vanilla. I feel so sad this scent last about 4-5h on my wrist.. LOL

Shinbin
Shinbin

On my second bottle of this. Love the coconut vanilla gardenia concotion in it.. a bit of rose in it. i do smell the peach and some apple too . very unique.

love the colour and the cat of the bottle.. since i love cats and katy perry songs its an all round good perfume.

i usually wear it when im in the mood for something with more flowers in it.

klcowart
klcowart

I've had this for about 2 years, and sometimes the initial spray is sour and unpleasant. However, whenever it settles in it's very fruity, floral and musky. It's a fun fragrance! Peach, jasmine, bamboo, coconut, and gardenia are the most noticeable notes for me. I would say the lasting power it pretty good, around 6 hours. Also, the top of bottle has come off, the ring always gets stuck in the lid. Because of that and the initial spray, I get the feel that it's kind of cheaply made, however I don't feel that way about the dry-down of the fragrance itself. If you like your room to be really warm like I do, I would recommend storing Purr in the fridge so it doesn't develop that soured initial spray. Otherwise, it's still one of my favorite fragrances.

ToxicCandyification
ToxicCandyification

Much too sweet and loud for me..... Peaches and candy is what I get. If you're into super super fruity sweet scent, you'll love this. If you're hoping for more 'bakery-esque' sweetness, stay away.

Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven

My boyfriend bought me this fragrance for Christmas and I LOVE it!
After running out of Britney's Midnight Fantasy, I was wondering if I could find another fruity perfume to replace it (as no other perfumes have ever knocked MF off my favourite spot)
I was so surprised at this scent and the bottle is adorable! 21 years old and I would not say this perfume is too young for me AT ALL!

Would recommend!

firenginered
firenginered

I absolutely love this scent! On me, it smells very peachy at first, then it dries down into a warm coconut/vanilla. A lot of scents don't last on me, but this one still smells yummy a couple of hours after I apply it. My boyfriend loves it too. Very feminine, and unique.

Jayde<3
Jayde<3

I sampled this on my wrist in the store, and to me it kind of smelled like washing powder or detergent after a few minutes, i want to try her other perfume, Meow to see it they are similar, but it is nice when you pick up the floral and the peachy notes.

gabygol
gabygol

Whenever I want to smell good after a nice bath for staying at home or just going out for a little while, I use it. Is not for special occasions or for every day because is too sweet and may saturate your nose, but for "sometimes" is good, it doesn't smell cheap or nasty as celebrity scents smells often. Katy Perry should be proud of her product, is nice.

gylyweed
gylyweed

Nightout scent! I find this scent very mature. Gives off the playful, mysterious vibe. But this is a very familiar scent. Im not sure what perfume this reminds me of.

Elysia
Elysia

It is a playful scent with lovely package, I imagine it can make an excellent gift for a young girl. At first I thought that it was almost too sweet for an adult to wear but I was attracted to it and bought it anyway. I used it when I needed to look at life with a light heart.

EmmaEm421
EmmaEm421

On my skin this smells more floral than fruity, I get some apple and peach initially but before long this mostly fades to a beautiful floral. I love the smell and adore the bottle!

Update: Dry down is the most amazing sweet vanilla I know of, I could smell my wrist non stop for the rest of the day if I didn't look so strange doing so!

icingsugar
icingsugar

Despite it being in the same category as 99% of celeb fragrances and most new fragrances coming out right now, this one is unique in some ways. I can always tell if someone is wearing this (and I don't even own it myself), it just has a really crisp smell which isn't too sweet or too fresh. A nice balance of florals, fruits and sweet elements which blend well together.

damewolf13
damewolf13

Mmmmmmmmmmm....this is a deliciously fragrant blend of sweet peaches and crisp apples, mingled with the aromatic scents of jasmine and freesia, and topped off with a sprinkling of sweet vanilla, light amber, and just a touch of spicy sandalwood. It is the perfect scent for any occasion, any time of year.
Not too sweet or overpowering, and yet pleasantly mood evoking!

Perfumegoddess23
Perfumegoddess23

I think this smell reminds me of a winterberry perfect for winter! It reminds me of a winter berry wonderland really smells great with the cold weather I love wearing this one in the winter as it is s winterberry ! I tried this in the summer & the heat mixed with this perfume gives it a syrupy sickly sweet aroma , but used in winter I def love love love! It's so funny how certain perfumes mesh better with certain climates & others are just all year round friendly , makes it interesting tho good job Katy

acciomisti
acciomisti

This stuff smells SOOOOO good.

landonlemley
landonlemley

I had been meaning to get this ever since it came out. And finnaly I did last week at Ross! It was only $19.99! The only reason I bought it was because it was a cat and it was by Katy Perry. I don't even like cats but its still a really cool concept.

I was not expecting what I smelt. I have heard that it smells just like every other perfume out there. NOT TRUE! I fell in love at first sniff. All I can smell is Peach, Gardenia, and musk. The musk sets a very dark tone so its perfect for a classy night. The gardenia gives it a unique smell to it. The peach is the whole of the fragrance. It is an amazing fragrance. Ok lasting power. Perfect for someone 14-35. It reminds me of something Marilyn Monroe or Lana Del Rey would were.

Angeldelight900
Angeldelight900

I want to smell this, is it worth it? I love coconut smells.

kittenssecret
kittenssecret

First off, I am neither a fan or hater of Katy Perry.

I collect fragrances because I adore wearing them to match my moods or match the seasons. When I saw Purr, I thought it was adorable and at first sniff I thought it was amazing. A jammed pack fruity sweet summer scent. It was pretty much a blind buy and at first I adored it. Even the bottle was amazing, such a cute little kitty! After wearing it a few times it just really does not go with my body chem. And all I smell is sandal wood, rose, amber, some musky vanilla and it turns VERY powdery in no time. And that gives me instant headaches. Sadly as much as I liked the idea of Purr it's just not for me.

As for any scent always try before you blind buy. No matter how cute the bottle is. >..>

griffon
griffon

I remember hearing about Purr when it was first released back in 2010. I personally have no interest in cats whatsoever so the bottle and the name put me off initially, but I found the advertisement very sexy and somewhat playfully fun.

I picked up a gift set of Purr from Sears about a week ago because most of them were on sale after Christmas. Beyonce's Heat and Heat Rush gift sets sold for $13 each, while Purr was around $20. Who cares! It came with a 1oz. bottle, body lotion, and shower gel. I was purely interested in the fragrance itself, but the lotion and shower gel make great gifts for friends.

Purr has a really interesting bottle. I love the transparent purple color of it, and the eyes and detail of the "cat" are noticed. Decapitating the cat was a bit of a challenge at first as the head seems to be super-glued on, but it eventually came off.

The first spray smelled like straight peach to me, and I haven't done a test on paper yet, but it was very pleasant - fruity, sweet, and nice. I expected it to smell like peach, and I could detect the gardenia within the lower levels of the first initial spray.

The middle came out to me while to others it doesn't, and it basically smells like a big bunch 'o flowers. Nothing wrong with that, but it was pretty normal. The base was great however, and smells like vanilla mixed with a woody, musky note. It lasts forever!

Overall, Purr is a good scent. I didn't expect it to last as long as it did, and the longevity is actually very well. The sillage isn't too strong, which is good, and the beginning and end are very nice. Didn't expect to like Purr as much as I did, but it's a scent worth paying for!

StarMagix
StarMagix

I got this beauty for Christmas and I do like it very much! The fragrance is lovely and the bottle is beautiful. I find the scent pleasing and it last about 4 hours before I want another spray. I am loving this !

tank94
tank94

I bought my cousin this for Christmas. A fruity combination of coconut and peach, though the coconut is a bit more prominent.

apollinne
apollinne

To me, inspired by Amor Amor by Cacharel... Amor Amor is much better!!

pugnose
pugnose

Smells like very inexpensive perfume to me. Cute bottle.

rhafh117
rhafh117

I love the packaging on this and as well as the scent! It's Sweet, Fruity, Powdery and Kind of Musky! It also last the whole day on me... But it's not my favorite...

coffeecat17
coffeecat17

Love the cat bottle!! The cat somehow strayed into my daughter's bedroom...now she has her own pale pink cat (Meow) Purr seems more fruit, while the Meow seems more candy. Both are cute pets and worth owning!

annaiilyzii
annaiilyzii

I love, love, love this fragrance! Although not a fan of Katy Perry, or admitting to wearing scents created by celebrities, it still doesn't change the fact that it smells wonderful with my body chemistry. Not only that, but it's shaped like a friggin' cat and who can deny the cuteness of it? I think the main reason I fell so much in love with this was not because of the cat bottle, or the bright purple color, although both are quite tempting in itself, but because it reminds me very much of Alien by Thierry Mugler, which is what I wore day in and day out until I came across this. I read a lot of reviews where this is considered fruity or floral, but I don't smell any fruits, and barely any floral notes. I would point out musk, amber, vanilla, woodsy notes, and jasmine. A few other things I can't describe, and something about it also remotely reminds me of Neutrogena's Rain Bath. The scent definitely changes after it dries down. That's when the deeper notes stand out the most to me. When first sprayed, it's nothing super amazing or anything that catches my attention, but after awhile I can't help but sniff myself like some sort of freak. Amazing. Really surprised with Katy Perry on this one. I was definitely expecting something super citrusy or fruity and something that wouldn't last an hour, but this scent lasts AWHILE.

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

I am one who usually stays clear of celebrity fragrances because they usually end up smelling similar. though this is another sweet smelling perfume, i absolutely love it. Its sweet and a lil warm yet fresh at the same time. in the opening its fresh and fruity but it does get sweet and warm as it dries down. i was so pleased with this that i went and bought meow the next day.

audreymahler
audreymahler

I just purchased Purr 3.4 fl oz today at ROSS for 19.99+tax!!! It was a blind buy but I decided to get it anyways. On the way home I stopped at Kohls and smell the tester because I was curious and didn't want to open the seal before I smell it. At first I hated it because its too floral than I expected (so I was planning to return the Purr) Then, I went around the store and within 10 minutes the tester paper changed and it smells sweet, soft and fruity. At the end, I am glad that i bought this.

4everyoung
4everyoung

nightime version of katey perry meow.

DarkShamaness
DarkShamaness

I'm not a katy perry fan but I do love this perfume and meow. But I do agree with the person before me.

ambers/musks and dark florals. *THAT* would be a fabulous cat...

Only I wasn't thinking of Hiss I was thinking of Furroucious. and more dark fruity scents. and deffinatly somthing more dramatic.

ilovesmells

I agree with vood-oohlala's review,

P.S: Dear Katy Perry's People: Create a Black cat named "Hiss"…turn down the sweets, amp up the ambers/musks and dark florals. *THAT* would be a fabulous cat...

(^-^)b

vood-oohlala
vood-oohlala

20$ for 3.4oz/100ml at Ross. i couldn't say no to the twenty dollar purple robot cat. Sweet and fruity, but no cupcakes and cotton candy here. a blend of lukewarm musks, fruits and pink bouquets. I can see this kitty chatting it up with vera wang Princess on any teen girls dressing table next to a handful of Lip Smackers. Not too young, but not nearly grown up. I tried her on for size, and its a charming scent...but fades quickly and isnt memorable. Purr is not for me, but definitely for my tweeny niece.

purpleladyfa
purpleladyfa

I like katy perry, i love dark purple, & i'm a collector for such a fancy packaging.. (not only in perfumes but also in makeup, etc.. Silly, i know.. lol)

Purrr got my attention from the first time i saw the ad.

It's super cute cute cute!
Everytime i spray it on, i feel so happy..
Because the bottle is sooo adorable and the scent is lovely.. always makes me wanna smile and stay happy all day long..

It's sweet, and youthful..

douxe
douxe

impressive. i get a lot more vanilla in this. very sweet. i'm in love <3

PaolaLevine
PaolaLevine

I always get compliments whenever i wear this, i love it because its an unique perfume, it last on me about 5 or 6 hours which is really good, even though meow! lasts on me like 11 hours! i love both, i can't just pick one, it depends on my mood :)

poorsolin
poorsolin

Love this scent! it is simple and complex at the same time. the fruity start is almost mouthwatering and the light vanilla dry down is just lovely. It does not last as long as i would like, but just carry it with you in your purse. The bottle is so cute, if anyone catches you re-applying it they will be intrigued by the bottle and unique scent!

Princessfifi
Princessfifi

Katy perry purr is amazing, defiantly one of my favorites. The bottle is adorable and I love it's cute tail. Unfortunately the poor kitty gets its head removed to use it :)

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I get a lot of florals with this one. Not what I expected! I like it, it's kind of different...instead of a fruity floral, on me, it is kind of a gourmand floral. Nice!

missjof
missjof

I was given Purr as a christmas gift last year by my mum and she picked very well!
I get blackcurrant, musky notes with more subtle coconut and rose notes to follow.
I don't feel it lasts very long but I still love it all the same.
I do find it quite sweet compared to most of the other perfumes I wear, but it is not a sickly sweet smell that I would relate to a more younger age, to me it is a musky sweet scent that is slightly maturer than say Britney Spears Fantasy.

sensuous@midnight
sensuous@midnight

Moral of Purr's story: don't judge a perfume by its bottle...

Just got this one from Cheapsmells.com. as Katy is a sweet juicy babe, I was expecting a sugary scent like most of the mainstream perfumes which came out during the past couple of years (first one coming to my mind: Loverdose). I was thinking of caramel, sugar, coconut, chocolate. I was actually expeting something like Jessica Simpson's Dessert.

and what I got is nothing of all that is listed above. I could not find ANY of the notes listed on Fragrantica either. Peach? where? Flower? where? not even a cheap vanilla. all I could hardly recognize was coconut, but a puky one :-(

If you feel like smelling of softener, or hairspray, go for Purr. if you don't, and I am sure you don't...stay away from that thing, and don't do as I did = fall in love with the bottle. it is beautiful and appealing to all cat lovers, but still...25$ for a bottle: NO WAY...

(sorry for my weird English)

Thegongshow
Thegongshow

I just baught this today and I'm obsessed!!! I purchased Meow a couple months ago and I'm not that impressed with it, but Purr is a completely different story! So happy I picked it up:)

talalolitaperry
talalolitaperry

I ADORE this. It may be just because I'm a KatyCat, and fall head-over-heels in love with anything and everything Katy comes out with or does, but it seriously smells like wonderland. I first got this for my 13th birthday, and I'm 14 now. I have the large bottle and I wear it every day. This is a really long lasting perfume. I have Meow as well, but to be honest, I'd pick this over Meow, because personally, this has a very illustrious, wonderful scent to it, a kind of mystique. I LOVE it!

Lushylori
Lushylori

I just bought a large bottle of this.
I totally love the bottle and i hope to get Meow soon too if i can find it anywhere.
The notes seemed a bit jumbled to me until i read a reviewers comment about how this site missed the fresh citrus note.
I smell the peach and I think i smell the Apple but i mostly smell what seems to be grapefruit or perhaps orange.
At first i got a burst of bitterness and fruit and thought that it most definitely had Grapefruit as a top note...?
Aside from all of that,I like it :)
Once the intial bitter burst drys down,out comes the other notes of fruit and floral and the creamy vanilla that softens it up a bit.
Its a great perfume for everyday,especially if you are in the younger category.
I think this would work best in the spring time because it smells very springish to my nose.Maybe its the white floral that makes me think this is a spring time scent.
I think the bottle alone sells itself so even if you don't care for this scent,it'll look really cute sitting on your vanity :)
I think its worth the price.
I bought a large bottle for $19.99 :)

tyekristopher

Ahhh purr is for purrfect! This is a soft but bold scent, it's sexy, sassy and flirty. You get a fresh scent with a touch of sweetness that can be dressed up or down, very versatile fragrance. I find I get the most compliments off this and fancy love by jessica simpson more so than my viva, armani code and chanel... Yeah from now on I will have these two fragrances in my collection. Everywhere I go no matter where I always get praised on how great I smell. It' a winner for me! Last all day on me too! so that is another plus!

julisapratiwi
julisapratiwi

I've got this vial perfume as birthday gift. I really love this scent even the longevity just went moderate. Will purchase this one in bottle package soon.

RainyDayDaydream
RainyDayDaydream

I am in love with the bottle! Its beyond cute and it stands out among the other bottles in my perfume collection (to be honest, this is a big part of getting this perfume for me- was for the kitty-shaped bottle). Not a fan of Katy Perry, but I find most celebrities know how to stick their name onto a good smelling perfume. Its fruity & fun, and I will be wearing it for summer/spring. However, I know one of the bottom notes are supposed to be coconut, but I don't smell it on myself at all, rather once its dry it smells more like vanilla/sandalwood on me. Which is totally fine by me, as I love the scent of vanilla. At first spray I do notice a slightly acidic scent, but that is quickly over-powered by the other top notes, so I'm not too bothered by it at all. Its not too long lasting however, and after a few hours (about 2-4 hours) it is almost gone. Good thing its cap is tight, so I can travel with it. Also very curious and want to try out its sister perfume, Meow. Would recommend this!

Ellzee
Ellzee

I admit I bought this on a whim because of the bottle, and I was pleasantly surprised! For some reason the peach is veeeeery strong on me on first spray, but it fades very quickly to a lovely, subtle vanilla and coconut base. It doesn't last very long at all, but it's a very fun, girly fragrance and I plan to wear it daily!

Shimone
Shimone

On my skin Purr is a replica of Ralph Lauren's discontinued Glamourous and I love it! I will be purchasing a bigger bottle. I was definitely surprised at how beautiful this scent is,I was expecting the norm; overly sweet like every other fragrance on the market! Then it turns into a soft vanilla scent...wished it stayed the same from the beginning til the end.

lizzyllane
lizzyllane

I like this but I prefer Meow, call me crazy but I find Meow more of a 'mature' scent than Purr.

ilovesmells

I love this. It's very different. Not very feminine or girly smelling. I detect gardenia, peach, orchid, creamy sandalwood, coconut & a hint of amber. Projection power is great. Every time I get a waft of this it puts a smile on my face :) it smells so good. I can picture wearing this all year round, day or night. It actually smells very sophisticated too. I can see myself, teenage sister or mom wearing this. Not like the typical celeb perfume. Two thumbs up!

MissMordecai87
MissMordecai87

Verrrrrry fruity. Peach, pear, and apple are prominent to me. I was able to smell it all day, which is great. My manager said it smelled more floral to her, but the drydown is warm fruits. I spilled a whole bottle in my purse so I couldn't stand it for about a year, but I bought a new bottle a few months ago and it's still great. :) Good more for spring, because it's a little too heavy for summer but too fruity for fall/winter.

alannah93
alannah93

sweet, floral, fruity and musky. i just love this perfume, i'm not a fan of the bottle though but this fragrance is a billion times better than 'meow'.

blueandpinkpizza
blueandpinkpizza

Nice, I really love this perfume. I also have Meow and I got those two from fragrancenet.com and I'm happy with it. Yes I'm a fan of Katy, and my mom is also pleased with this scent. I think it's perfect for a night out or a party. :)

ForrealMe2

this is a sweet floral perfume that evolves eventually to a creamy vanilla base...those floral mids are what really stands out in the beginning and brings that sweetness combined with the bamboo.. really nice it is a different celeb perfume i haven't smelled anything that is like it and nothing gives you that nice base as the katy perry line but i do love meow more because of the cotton candy marshmallow and nothing tops that smell..the one thing i love the best though is eventually they both end up smelling the same with those bases so you don't loose out with each of them just that one is floral and the other completely sweet a variety for all..they are both delicious and are the best bottles out there such cute kitties!

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

This is a verrrrrrrry nice fragrance ! Very fruity and "summery" haha .

It reminds me of one of these scents from Escada , but I forgot the name of it !

Purr was a blind-buy for me , but I'm not disappointed at all . It's long-lasting and the PRICE IS SO RIGHT .

Let's not talk about the bottle , ya'll know how ADORABLE it is .
Good job Katy !

DarkxAbysmalxSoul
DarkxAbysmalxSoul

I tested this perfume at Ulta.. wow did I dislike it immensely. It was so strong and synthetic smelling it gave me a headache. I am not the best at describing perfumes, but I absolutely know when I don't like one.
Don't discount Meow though, I tested and purchased that one,smells NOTHING like Purr,thankfully.
Neither bottle is very grown up looking, but what does one expect from these pop stars creating fragrances? Obviously, adults are not their key demographic.

Gogojo
Gogojo

Can i ask for some help?
I want to get my Neice this for Christmas because she's gorgeous and my brother is a tosswad.
She's a girl that loves her popstars but I draw the line at most popstar fragrances.
Last year I sent her a stack of multi-coloured nail polish... this year will be perfume, and I reckon the Cat Flacon is attractive.
The nail polish had to be hidden from her Dad, so I want an onslaught with a gorgeous fragrance for a gorgeous 12-13 yr old girl.
I'm 1200+ kms away from her, so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks All
Jo

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

On me, Purr is definitley a unique fragrance. It starts out with peach, a burst of gardenia, some light fresh note (bamboo), freesia, and just a hint of apple. It lingers for there for a bit before the middle notes take over and start to make themselves known. Once it gets to this stage, I detect jasmine, just a teeny bit of rose and the amber. On me, Purr tends to stay close to the skin and all I can smell once the fragrance has reached it's full potential is amber, fressia and peach. Very nice, on heated skin I can easily detect the sweet smell of flowers and amber and I can almost see the scent particles wafting into the air. I really like Purr, it works well with my chemistry and lasts a long time. Feminine, sweet and just sexy enough.

Eneroangel
Eneroangel

this fragrance opens with a soft peach and coconut not creamy or tropical then stays for 5 min sweet but sooo watery and boring after 5 min the coconut evaporates completely and I get some vanilla always in a watery way after 10 min I don't recognize any note at all just a very synthetic cheap sweetness with an on and off ghost peach of the opening and then it last for hrs with an uninteresting smell. I don't need to say iam not buying it, I actually couldn't wait to get home to scrub it off my arm.

Nekomusume
Nekomusume

Saw this on offer on my favourite fragrance site and came to check here first but uh oh- peach! My most hated scent!

I got 100ml parfum for a very reasonable price so took the plunge...

Was very pleasantly surprised! Although the peach is definitely there it is balanced beautifully with other fruits and the undertones of gentle vanilla.
When it dried down on my skin the peach was so light yet still noticeable and the apple and coconut came through for me too. It is a very well rounded and balanced fragrance (for me anyway).

There is nothing offensive about this which I like, however it still stands out and isn't overpowering either. I have received compliments from both males and females of a large age range so I'd say it's a great perfume for anyone who loves the fruity, playful yet womanly fragrance as I think it is too "grown up" for less than 18 year olds. Also I don't think it's your typical 'celeb' perfume either, it has something more, something deeper but I cannot describe it.

jckp27
jckp27

Yay!! I am so happy I finally have Purr!!! I have been DYING for this! My best friend got me this as a surprise!! I am a HUGE Katy Perry fan and so is my friend! Anyway, it smells delicious!! Quite like pineapple, peach, and rosy too. it seems to me like a night scent.

june_shmily
june_shmily

For me its better than MEOW...promise..........:)

FranFran
FranFran

I don't get how people think its suppose to smell like a cat just by looking at the bottle, where did is it said that its suppose to smell like one? Anyways, even though the fragrance doesn't smell like a cat(which I think is good) it smells gorgeous. When I wear this, I feel like dessert with legs. At first, its mostly peach and apple with a little florals, and afterwards the florals starts to dominate and there's only a slight bit of peach left, with a bit vanilla starting to stick at. The dry down smells amazing with still the slight bit of peach, but its mostly vanilla which is delicious. The lasting power isn't that good, but the sillage makes up for it. I find this more of a winter fragrance, because in summer it starts to make me feel like I'm covered in blankets. The bottle itself is very cute, and I love the silver heart and the eyes, much better than the bottle of "Meow". The box is a nice touch too, it doesn't deserve most of the critisicm it gets as its SUPPOSE to be for younger fans, so her childish and playful attitude matches just fine with it. An 8/10 for me, would've actually gave it a full 10 if it had better lasting power and more peach.

vallzinha
vallzinha

VERY HOT, I LOVE THIS PERFUME, ALEM HAVE A BOTTLE THAT IS A WONDERFUL GRACE is. SMELL OF WOMAN WITH TOUCH OF GIRL.

ViciousDelicious
ViciousDelicious

It has a beautiful sweet scent at first, but it fades too quick into the deeper notes, which are a little weaker. I disliked this at first, but then I did realize this gives the perfume certain subtle quality which I have never experimented before with any other fragance. Nice!!

dness92
dness92

Purr is growing on me :)

At first I wasn't really sure and thought it doesn't fit my personality at all. I was expecting something coconut related from the notes and tropical and the blind buy disappointed in this regard.

However I am starting to really enjoy the powdery bamboo smell and the florals - very girly and lively. And the dry down does smell a little bit of coconut. Quite cute actually!

MaddieGomez
MaddieGomez

This was the second perfume that I ever got! It is so good! I just loved the smell when I bought it! I think that it is a little bit better than Meow.

SRJ1210
SRJ1210

I just bought this fragrance yesterday, I was so in love with the scent that I bought the biggest bottle!
The scent appealed to me so much, that I couldn't stop sniffing to my wrist all day. The scent last all day on me, it got a little lighter throughout the day, but it didn't made it any worse at all! I love the vanilla hint in it too.

I think its a very unique scent, that I haven't came across before, and didn't remind me of any other scent. And it smells so good on me, it fits me so well!

All in all I have just fallen in love with this perfume, and it might be one of my favorites when I have tried it a few more times. And the bottle is so cute, it really stand out in your perfume collection.

loonad
loonad

i agree with ladymillion.meow is a good perfume and even bottlewise the pink one looks cuter than the purple one imo.i asked a 30ml bottle of this from my husband.the comparison to pink chiffon really helped me to make my choice.

Kittycat63

Ladymillion: thanks for the advice! OK, next time I get a chance I'll give Meow a try and see if I like it better than Purr - you never know, I might really like it!!

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

Kittycat63 MEOW! IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO PURR I TOO DISLIKE PURR BUT I WAS CURIOUS AND TRY ED MEOW! AND I LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT I BOUGHT A BIG BOTTLE OF IT SO YOU SHOULD TRY MEOW!

Kittycat63

Like BritXOX I too was curious to try Purr after reading such good reviews about it and I had the opportunity to test it at a department store recently so I could see for myself whether it really is lovely or not! Well, I was distinctly underwhelmed - firstly, as much as I love cats (obviously, given my 'pen name' on here!) to me the bottle looks tacky and cheap, like something a little girl under the age of 10 might have but not necessarily something a grown woman, with taste, might want to have displayed in her boudoir!

Then, worse, is the perfume itself. It's not exactly vile but to my nose smells synthetic and cheap. It's a very generic fruity perfume but it has an unpleasant chemical smell to me in the beginning and reminded me of cheap hairspray! That smell lingered in the background as time wore on, even though the perfume started to smell slightly better on my skin, so I just couldn't get beyond that. Even if that unpleasant smell wasn't there though I found that it's just another cheap smelling fruity perfume that really doesn't warrant paying anywhere near the price it's sold for. To me it smells like one of those cheap, nameless perfumes you can find in pound shops / dime stores (is that what they're called in America??). I actually can't believe that so many women seem to love it but then I think the power of suggestion / persuasion, etc, can be very powerful and because Katy's pretty, super successful, etc, there are going to be lots of people who will want to be associated with her in some way or to be like her. As other people have noted though, I doubt that in a million years Katy would actually wear this perfume herself - I'm sure she has much better taste and smells so much nicer!!

Anyway, testing Purr has put me off now from even trying Meow because I figure I'll probably dislike that as much as I do Purr!!

reyjasson
reyjasson

I STILL had this on my pulse right now despite having sprayed it 6 HOURS ago back there at the mall. A definite must-buy for every fragrance fanatics out there.

When I first sprayed this a while ago, I was honestly a bit put off due to the overpowering smell of bamboo and coconut, but after a few whiffs I was proven WRONG. Truly ONE OF THE MOST memorable fragrances I've ever had recently. After a few minutes of spraying it radiates this very warm and sexy vanilla note mixes with flowers (I can especially take note of the presence of jasmine) then it goes down to a woody and creamy drydown, almost like a bar of nougat, very edible and yummy! Bottle is very cute too!

5/5 :))

keikashirira
keikashirira

this one's soooo fantastic!! i think purr better than meow.. cuz meow too sweet for me.. but purr? it's amazing!! honestly, sometimes my nose n mind reminds of this scent suddenly.. myb cuz purr smells soooo unique and sensual

batmats
batmats

This definitely did not mix well with my body chemistry-- it smelt like playdoh! On others, I've found it's been much better, but even so, a rather youthful scent that I do not care for.

nuitnoir
nuitnoir

Well, well. I think we're paying more for the bottle than the juice inside. Don't get me wrong, the scent is quite exquisite. Its fresh and scrumptious. But the quality is a little bit on the weak side. Does not last long, BUT I've been wearing it a lot recently - it actually projects really well in the (rainy)summer.

aigilia
aigilia

Love Katy Perry songs n her perfume..;-) At first I was attracted with the cute cat bottle n really excited to try it. I went to Sephora to try and fell in love..since then I was a huge katy perry perfume lover ^-^

larali
larali

I don't generally do celeb scents, but I was kind of impressed with this one. It smelled different than most generic celeb scents, a little more interesting... yeah, if you are under the age of 20 and just want to smell *good*, this one works. I like the coconut-peach-apple, it is modern and pleasant (and I might go and buy it but don't tell anyone)!

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

purr has a nice bottle. it`s too big to carry in a purse but I got a sample as well. at first it was a splash of fruits and vanilla, coconut and fruit juice. the flowers are overwhelmed by the typical star-fragrance cliche.
then.. it became very sweet, but textureless. it didn`t match me. i was avid to try it because... it`s katy perry. but... I was disappointed. it was gone in 3 hours. all that`s left is a nondescript coco-vanilla.
not my type, but GOOD for teens and bubbly people. if you don`t want complexity and want to go with the flow, wear it.

Malibu

PURR is pure fruit on first application - both the peach and the apple are mouth wateringly sweet and very life-like. On me the peach is the strongest, but the fresher apple tones down the sweetness. I don't know what makes a apple forbidden - because it was what Adam and Eve ate? Anyway the apple here is fresh but still quite sweet. The bamboo note quickly develops and adds a creamy layer to the fruit: It is watery but sweet [similar to coconut water]. I can also pick up a hint of something similar to musk, but I actually think this is the bamboo too.

The bamboo note is quite strong and carries all the through the perfume, so the floral notes remain mild, creamy and a bit watery, yet still easy to pick out. On me the jasmine and freesia are the strongest notes, whilst the soft rose adds a slightly powdery effect. In addition to the florals the coconut milk mixes with the bamboo, lending the soft florals even more creaminess. I'd also swear that there is rhubarb present too; Maybe it's just that the fruity bamboo and the strong creamy notes remind me of those boiled rhubarb custard sweets you used to get at the corner shop.

As the florals burn down the coconut milk accord fully develops and becomes richer, sweeter and creamier thanks to the amber, sandalwood and ever-present bamboo. I can detect the lightest hint of musk but it's quickly lost underneath the creaminess, but I can't separate the vanilla [orchid], but everything else is sweet and creamy so I wasn't really expecting to.

True; PURR is never going to become a classic fragrance and the scent notes have all appeared in countless other perfumes over the years, but it is an wearable all year round, suits all occasions, largely ageless, reasonably priced EDP that comes in a cute and unique bottle. To me that beats out the expensive, statement perfumes that make up the best-sellers list, as I wear perfume to make myself feel good - I don't care about showing off with expensive, "everybody look at me" type fragrances.

Kyi
Kyi

This was a blind buy, I was mostly enticed by the purple kitty bottle and the promise of a sweet, creamy, coconut. On first spray, I get a lush fruity floral that does smell slightly tropical. It's creamy and rich, it does sort of remind me of sun tan lotion or sun kissed skin with a little cocoa butter. On the dry off, you smell more of the coconut and it does seem to have pretty good lasting power. Something in here smells edible, almost starchy or gelatinous like to me. My initial opinion of this scent was that its not bad, but not mind blowing. I did keep sniffing my wrist the entire day and honestly, it's growing on me. Well.. I guess something in it is kinda interesting. I'm thinking its the bamboo note? It gives it some kind of earthiness to it, reminds me of a little creek in the woods, splashing over exposed tree roots. I'm not in love, but there is something very intriguing about this scent that I'm still trying to figure out what it is.

roxyrose
roxyrose

It was my dauguthers birthday on the weekend and being a Katy Perry fan that was the theme. We took her to see the 3D Movie and even the aldults loved it.She also received a bottle of this perfume from her bestfriend and I love it. I have being wearing it myself. I can really see Katy wearing this , it is a fun yummy smell, fresh and tropical. I will have to buy myself a bottle now it is on sale.

The Perfume Addict
The Perfume Addict

Purr by Katy Perry is my favourite fragrance of all time <3 It smells beautiful! The peach and the apple blend well together to give it a soft delicious scent. After awhile the florals come into the fragrance , I have to say that the rose is probably the strongest floral but don't think that its a rosy scent! It again blends well with the rest of the florals and peach , the apple seems to be faded a little but still giving that fresh kind of feeling . After hours you get a normal sweet musk at the end of the fragrance. This fragrance does not last at all on my skin! But on clothing it stays with you the entire day . Overall , its a beautiful , bold yet soft , peachy-apple scent! I love it so much!

liewcarl1
liewcarl1

This is my first ever perfume and I love it a LOT!
Peachy vanilla, absolutely yum =D
It lasts for quite a while, which is cool..
One sniff and it feels like the rest of the day will be sweeeeeeeeettttt...XD

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

I smelled this at Kohl's the other day, and was grudgingly impressed. I usually hate celebrity scents, but I like Purr. Its fun, it's kicky, and it is just enough out of the ordinary to be interesting. Tropical sweet florals settle nicely into a woody base. The bottle looks like Thierry Mugler's Alien met Hello Kitty- which actually works for me ;-)

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

Look at my wardrobe and there is no question that I have a celebuscent problem . I can't resist them. If it is there, I will end up buying it.

This is a lovely scent. It is so smooth and creamy. I smell apple and tuberose and creamy coconut. I am very surprised how good it smells! I am glad I sucumbed to this impulse buy.....no matter how god awful the bottle is.

speakmyass
speakmyass

It smelly lovely at first. But half and hour later it started to smell like my dad's old car's dirty leather seats. Ew.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I just purchased this. I have been testing this and could not make up my mind about it. I read all the reviews. When I saw it in Geelong here in Melbourne on a day trip with my husband I decided to get it.

I have noticed with the testers the head of the cat doesn't go back on properly. I thought I will have to be careful with mine. It already feels as though I will have trouble with the cats head as it feels a little hard to get it back on the bottle.

On the subject of the bottle I agree it is almost like a little girls bottle but knowing Katy Perry's style I think this suits her. I am glad she stuck to her style and didn't make a bottle that would just appeal to the masses. She must have known people will be divided by the appearance of the bottle but she didn't care. For the fact that it suits her style I can accept it. I like cats I LOVE all animals even snakes and spiders so I don't mind I am concerned the head is going to break on it though.

The smell to me is exactly as everyone is describing it. The peach is very noticeable all the time. Almost like Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift. It dries to a light creamy vanilla and I can see the reference to coconut. I like it.

I was going to complain that it doesn't last but I was walking around at the end of the day and it was wafting around me very slightly. I don't find it a strong perfume although others on here have said it was too strong for them. I love it. I will always wear my designer ones my husband has got for me but I will always like this one too. It is just a feel good perfume it makes you happy and carefree just like Katy Perry appears to be.

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

First let me start by saying that I can`t stand celebrities or celebrity perfumes with the exception of a couple of jennifer lopez scents(miami glow and glow after dark.)I am drawn to anything tropical white floral,coconut sunscreen beachy smells and tropical fruity drink fragrances.When I first saw this purr bottle I started to laugh and walked away thinking you have got to be kidding me why don`t they come out with a litter box scent to go with it and I never smelled it.Well, to my surprise I smelled it today in my local Kohl`s store and have been smelling my hand ever since.I would definitely call this a tropical beachy scent.It has a lush wet dewy smell that I am guessing comes from the bamboo and peach nectar creating almost a watery smell.The flowers are very sheer and not heavy and the dry down is my favourite.There is white amber in the base which is not used very often in perfume and I love it!I really don`t get much coconut in this and wish there was a little more but over all I could see myself wearing this on a warm humid night down by the beach boardwalk I hang out at in the summer.I would wear this with a wild maxi dress and gladiator sandals.It is soft exotic clean and warm all at the same time and is better then what escada has been offerring for summer.I don`t really care for cats as I am more of a dog girl but I like quirky and unique bottles that go with my modern beachy boho style so I can appreciate the funky purple bottle.Over all I can see beachy surfer type girls in maxi dresses enjoying this fragrance.The longevity is not super but fine for going out at night.Her other fragrance meow is much longer lasting on my skin due to stronger vanilla notes but I prefer purr over meow due to its lush tropical scent.Meow is vanilla pear all the way.Purr is soft sweet exotic beachy and smells really good for a celebrity scent in my opinion.Give it a shot if you like different:~)!

cleo777
cleo777

Complex and delicious, peachy coconuts, creamy vanilla and sandalwood and hey let's throw some apples and mangoes in there too. I love it, it keeps changing and progressing, that is a very cool idea. Liked it way more than I thought I would. Yummy!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

I can't smell any coconut in this, just flowers. :'( Luckily I tested this in a shop so I don't have to waste money on a blindbuy.

Think I might give Meow a try.....

SBunny
SBunny

Peachy coconuts. Lovely.

Fresh, fruity peach and apple on the first spray. Sweet, juicy and bright. The stage quickly subsides and the coconut, gardenia and bamboo come through and this stage is lovely, creamy and refreshing. It's rare to find a fragrance so fresh yet so creamy aswell. When it dries down it becomes a little bit softer.

Lasting power is around 4 hours and this is prefect for Spring/ Summer.

xtirzaa
xtirzaa

I absolutely love the bottle! At the first smell, I loved it, very sweet, fruity and unique. But a few minutes later, I smelled a lot of coconut and some vanilla. I really don't like coconut so I don't like this fragrance.. If you love coconut and lots of sweetness, this is the perfume for you!

komomo
komomo

love the bottle, i think i didn't smell a unique scent, lovely scent? yes! but my friends smell like this, i'm sure they didn't use Purr lol
i love cat bottle but it's not my perfume. i will buy it, maybe just because the bottle.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I love this fragrance! I tried it out at Kohls and I honestly thought I would be disappointed, however I think it's very nice! Yes, there is nothing really spectacular about the scent but it still smells good. And the bottle is too cute! I will be adding it to my collection of celeb scents.

As far as the scent, it smells like some sort of sophisticated fruit punch with vanilla.

aki777
aki777

It is a typical 'young' perfume - cloying sweet, one-dimentional, nothing exciting really. When u smell it, one note is quite prominent and it is the one that seems to appear in many cheap perfumes - I call it a 'cheap perfume factor' , and I don't like it. If I were 15, I'd probably did;) sorry folks!

jade11
jade11

the scent is nice, the bottle is just crazy.
you have to take the cats head off to get to the spritzer.

pickuphill
pickuphill

It's very heavy in vanilla and coconut, and kinda reminds me of Play-Doh at first if I spray it too much. The notes don't seem to change much with time; maybe a tiny bit spicier towards the end (sandalwood I guess?). Fruity notes don't stand out particularly, and I do notice bamboo here or there but it's nowhere near conspicuous. Sillage is decent and it does stay long on my skin. Interestingly depending on mood I might either find it sexy or just innocently sweet, but either way it's a very comfy scent. Overall I'd describe it as warm, soft, cozy, fuzzy, powdery, and creamy. Perfect for cooler weather, but may be a bit too cloying for a really hot summer day.

nbrooks
nbrooks

Didn't work on me. It ended up smelling like a newly opened barbie doll, all vinyl and plastic. It does last, I'll give it that. Hours later I still smell Barbie.

londonhermit
londonhermit

Windhill I'm so glad you can smell the bamboo. I was so embarrassed today. I had the perfume on and someone said it smelled like mens aftershave. On me the bamboo is so strong and never dies down on me. Does that happen to anyone else? Most perfumes smell so strong on me or the most odd note clings to my skin and never evolves.

kirac1025
kirac1025

I like this! It is more of a night scent to me, but I wear it early too. I am happy with it in the end!!!!!!!!!

sparkybish
sparkybish

i bought this for my 13 year old daughter, and gave it a whirl too. On her it is perfectly appropriate, and the bottle looks cute on her dresser. On me, it is silly and young, but not unpleasant, and would look out of place on my dresser. I actually put it down amidst my perfumes and giggled a little.

Fruity floral, not too sweet, good lasting power and sillage, but not too strong.

KatyK
KatyK

My darling husband bought me this as a joke - he thinks the bottle is hilarious - he didn't expect me to actually wear it but I'm halfway through the bottle and really enjoying it! I don't usually care for fragrances produced by teen market celebrities but there is something abou this one that is really pleasing. The fruits are not too sweet, the inevitable candied vanilla is not overdone and the musk, though clean, addes a depth and warmth that is very nice. As an everyday sort of perfume it makes me smile, has great sillage and lasting power and is perfect for a spring/early summer day. I would say: Katy Perry - job well done!!

candyaddict
candyaddict

I was hoping to like this one but it's too strong. It's also a little too "young" for me and that's saying something, considering most of my perfumes are fruity/florals and gourmands! This is ideal for teenage girls who like to make a statement with their fragrances.

Bambi89
Bambi89

When I first saw this at the department store, I was drawn to the beautiful bottle. who could resist a purple kitty cat with diamond eyes ? The juice is shockingly generic though. It smelt like the ghost of a dozen other teeny bopper fruit perfumes, and my bf thinks it smells like a prosti-tot. No thanks.

ambrlouise
ambrlouise

I looove cats and i looove katy perry i was going to buy this just for those two reasons ! But then i smelld it and was not INLOVE. :(

Miffymuffin

Still loving the bottle. Revised my opinion of the scent. If used sparingly and you get past the opening flowery harshness is settles down to a peachy waft that is quiet pleasant. Use too much and I'm reaching for the headache tablets.
Purchasing Meow to keep Purr company. Hopefully that will be ok in small squirts also.

rosembloom

I find that the notes of Midnight Fantasy should be in here! To my humble nose, they are soul -sisters, twins with distinct traits but with one same heart... Together, layered, they make for an exquisite fruity-gourmand I can not get enough of . In my opinion, the name behind the juice is the nose's, not the signer so I rarely take that into account. The resulting 'yumms' I hear from those who sniff me with a deligthted smile are by far the most eloquent and authentic reviews I could ever get!

kasslee
kasslee

I have to admit, I got this one mainly for the bottle!
The scent is just 'ok' to me.
I can't detect any one note in this, it just seems like they are all mashed together and maybe there are too many.
Just seems like kind of a boring 'fruity floral'.

All in all its not a bad fragrance, but not something I would purchase again.

dmaw
dmaw

Nice, not too fruity , not too flowery. Disappears quickly, though.

Sweetgirlie8
Sweetgirlie8

I absolutley love this fragrance, it's very sweet and unique. The dry down is creamy vanilla...i recently made it my signature scent...love it love it love it:)!!!!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

love her or hate her, this is a good fragrance.
deliciously fruity and tropical.
i get red apple the most, so much in fact, that i wonder why
dkny red delicious didn't smell like this instead of raspberry shampoo?
back to purr....this is red apple skins, coconut and vanilla.
sweet, tropical, and fruity.
the more i sniff, i can detect the final touch of tropical feel to this:
the dewy green sparkle of bamboo.
as for the bottle, i am amused by the kitsch and tackiness.....
its outlandish for sure, but the juice is so delicious i could drink it!
it creamy coconut milk subdued with tropical fruits and a green wink.

big blue jelly bean
big blue jelly bean

this is really good

scentofpeace
scentofpeace

the upside is that it smells delicious, like sparking fruit and edible flowers. but the downside is that it keeps you sniffing at your wrist continually because it is so alluring and teasing. Since it doesn't last long at all on your skin, that's a problem, but because it's so attractive, you might end up like me, re-applying it every one to two hours.

Eventually I could try this one abroad.
Celebrities scents are not popular where I live. Only maybe some Britney Spears.
Not that I was dying to try it, but I'm generally curious. I expected your usual sweet, slightly sickening plastic gourmand of our days and there you are: exactly what I expected. It's not a stink or something that cannot be worn. I could wear it once in a while for fun, but to be honest this is not Perfume to me. Katy Perry is an extravagant singer with some talent. She should stick to easy-listening music and leave perfumes alone.
The bottle looked cute on website but the real bottle is quite heavy and tacky.

alexandra9078
alexandra9078

I absolutely love this fragrance. My sister does to. Well done Katy!!!!!

stayclose
stayclose

I boght this frag for my girlfriend and it smells good a little generic but still good but I could barely smell it on her when she puts it on. Its like it teases you but in a bad way. So I gave it thumbs down. Next time make it stonger and I will probably buy.
3.16.12

PerfumeLovexo
PerfumeLovexo

I love this perfume sooo much! It smells like heaven to me! It has this lucious scent of sexiness and flower floralness! I got this perfume for christmas from my mimi. I am going to ask her for meow by katy perry because im a huge fan and love perfume! I always wear perfume every single day or body spray. I really like bath and body works and body fantasies! i have lots of those! And still collect them. Its so fun wondering what scent your going to wear the next day! :D And anothetr thing, the bottle.. is absoutely adorable no questions asked!! The bottle is def a keepsake and is cute just for a decoration in your room! Im a wild person so this perfume is perfect for me... especialy the bottle!!! :P

chrissi.ville
chrissi.ville

I love her first fragrance. At the beginning, it smells fruity, like peaches and a little apple note and I even think I can smell some citrus fruits, why this perfume reminds me of Britney Spears' "Hidden Fantasy" a bit.

After a while, when the fruity notes have faded, it smells like creamy vanilla and some cocos notes on me. This is the moment when I love this perfume the most.

Usually I don't like bottles like this perfume has, they look too childish for me. But somehow I like this one. But I'd prefer a bottle where you only put up the head of the cat, not the silver heart too. This is a bit annoying.

I'm really happy with this perfume, I LOVE it. On Friday I'll be in the UK for three weeks and I think I will buy her other perfume, "Meow", too. Germany hasn't got this so far. :(

bella_barbie23
bella_barbie23

I love this perfume I have it in my purse because it's my latest obsession, smells incredibly sassy & sey hence the name purr, if you dont own it BUY IT!
amazzzzing! purrfect scent!

rosembloom

Wow.. As a gourmand fragrance lover , this one just hit the spot.. my oh so sweet tooth sure got a blast of sugary fruitiness : Peach Nectar heaven! The bamboo gives it it's unique fresh green note which harmonises beautifully with apple and gardenia.Those top notes seem to linger all the way through the drydown on me... (I do wonder what creates that grape bubblegum smell though!) Then blooms the jasmine with its sweet freshness and the heady Bulgarian rose adds a sparkling quality to this luscious fragrance. The drydown remains on my skin and clothes forever though ususally I can not smell a perfume that suits me . The base nostes linger loyally even after 4hr : a soothing mikly coconut and vanilla swirl touched with tropical notes of orchid. The white amber( synthetic, thank God),creamy sandalwood, and skin musk make for a lovely feminine and warm trail .Never have I gotten sooo many compliments in one day! This gorgeous purple ,topaze-eyed kitty is such a lovely addition to my scent- 'boudoir' corner! I want the 100 ml please! Bring on the bling! (thanx Apassionatelou)

poivrerose
poivrerose

I've finally given this a proper try on my skin today, and honestly, it is much nicer than I expected. It is soft and feminine. At first it felt like the essense of clean sun warmed beach skin - I really sensed the coconut and the bamboo. Then it moved into a more floral fruity phase. I can really sense the gardenia and the peach here. Definitely musky as well, the bamboo and coconut linger quietly. It kind reminds me of a softer cleaner version of Tommy Hilfiger Dreaming. A cleanly tropical musky fruity floral. It's nice. It actually makes me feel a bit light headed. Sillage is definitely satisfactory. Longevity seems good too.

Deajessi
Deajessi

I'm in love with this damn cute perfume! But i bet with Taylor Swift.. Only the cute bottles make me in love with it! But the smell cant make you wonderstruck like Taylor's!!

vidya.pohan
vidya.pohan

So much in love with this perfume.. Sweet, sexy but still have the cute smell like a baby.. Love you Katy Perry.. Muachhh.. ^^

nush imogen
nush imogen

I actually bought this just because of the bottle, didnt expect much from the scent but Im actually pleasantly surprised. I love everything sweet and vanilla so this is absolutely perfect for me, great or the upcoming spring! i have a small bottle, now just need the big one! :)

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

I'd bought this one for the bottle, and because I like Katy. Couldn't resist the cute cat design :)

Well, the juicy is not that good. I find it rather synthetic fruity/berryish.

A bit too teenage-ish for me.Reminds me of a Britney Spears perfume. Hope Meow is better:)

cassieantonis
cassieantonis

This lasted me for the whole day! The bottle is really cute, and a couple of people said they noticed a smell, well, I don't know if they were talking about it as a bad or good perfume though...

panda0410
panda0410

Tested this yesterday, vanilla, coconut, peach, apple and something green, I'm guessing its the bamboo, on a gentle white floral background. The bamboo and apple keep it fresh, and while its definitely a gourmand there is a crisp, sparkling and "almost" but not quite aquatic element to it thats pretty nice, almost certainly from those notes. Its a really nice light summer fragrance that reminds me of being at the beach on a balmy warm but not hot day. The vanilla in this is quite noticeable and it lingers for quite some time, the coconut isnt quite as forward, but you can smell it and recognise it. The apple is in the top and extends for quite a few hours till the drydown and bottom notes. Interestingly enough after around 2-3 hours what was left was a peachy-vanillic skin scent. Longevity is pretty poor, sillage is very low - but I'd be more inclined to refer to it as a skin scent anyway. Its not a standout perfume, but it certainly is very nice and will make a nice inexpensive summer everyday perfume in my rotation.

xo_kimberly
xo_kimberly

I bought this perfume solely because of the price ($20) at first it is extremely strong, then dries down to a citrus,sweet scent? I agree with the fruit loops comment, also grapefruit, some sort of zest of a fruit! I am in love with coconut, however I do not pick up coconut at all in this :( or apple really. I smell strong floral, citrus and BAMBOO. Would not purchase again, but for now I give it a 5/10

hegvie
hegvie

I am going to put all snobbery aside and admit that I really like Purr! I find the bottle quirky as well as the actual scent but in a good way. There's no escaping the fact that this is a celebrity fruity floral, but this one is slightly more than that. At first it's a little overwhelmingly fruity, but the dry down is actually pretty sophisticated. I plan to use this as one of my spring/summer fragrances. The tropical sweetness works well for the warmer months, but the vanilla and musk keep it from being too "young smelling" for me (I'm 28). Overall, not the best fragrance I've ever smelled, but very nice nonetheless!

Booogie
Booogie

This does smell pretty similar to Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties "Love", only sweeter and less soapy. But it also smells similar to Baby from the Wicked Style collection. Warm, peachy sugar, softly sweet florals, coconut water & bamboo.

This would make a fun summer fragrance as it is youthful, sweet and slightly tropical. The drydown stays true to the scent, it doesn't evolve, however it gets just a little woody. The musk is so light, it hardly sticks to me!

This is a pretty generic fragrance. Sweet, simple, lovable. I'm not a cat person whatsoever but the bottle is pretty charming! I can see young girls loving this. I bought this on a whim, just because I was in Kohl's and had nothing better to do so i figured, why not? I'll wear it and enjoy it, but I probably won't repurchase as I have two other scents just like it.

EDIT- I'm noticing a creamier drydown now, which is really enjoyable. It still disappears almost as soon as it dries :( I still like you, Katy.

aromaticprincess
aromaticprincess

I absolutely love the adorable bottle and I would say that is what you're paying for, because the scent is nice, not amazing but nice. I wouldn't purchase it again though.

missmonday
missmonday

The first whimp of smell smell really peachy and sugary, think peach milkshake and the drydown is no different than all the celebrity perfume that are out there. Extremely forgettable, the kind of perfume that you wear and by the time the smell is gone, you probably didn't realize you had it on.

Hollie
Hollie

Coconut,gardenia,peach,red apple....in that order. A nice,light,tropical scent.Sweet and sheer....smells like a beach vacation. Also reminds me of fruit loops that have soaked up some of their milk.

auror
auror

Lovely! Every fruit in this fragrance are very noticeable, peachy apple with coconut :D funny, playful scent,I like it

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Purr .. yes sweet celebrity scent, but this time with a real coconut, bamboo & peach .. I can smell coconut clearly here .. what a nice tropical one!
I liked it ..

vicka16
vicka16

I have to admit that I bouth this perfume just for its bottle and because I had it for a great price. Yes, I like the bottle, it's very... different.
But the more I weat Purr, the more I LOVE it! It is so warm, cozy and sensual. There is something about this fragrance that when I wear it, it just makes me feel good and secure :)

rosecat

I am loving this!! I'm wearing in in -15 snowy weather and it's so soft, warm, cozy, the amber, vanilla, CREAMY scent is purrfect! It's like the creamiest scent on me, not much of floral or fruit. I highly recomended for lovers of "creamy" sweet scents.

panchitotigre8
panchitotigre8

I usually only have one fragance that is for winter in my collection and this one is as winter as it gets for me.I hate heavy smells that occur in most of the warmer fragrances that are appropiate for winter.I enjoy fruity floral smells and this one is definitely one but the coconut makes it creamy and kinda warm perfect for this winter.(At least for me that is)And propably I will still rock it on spring and summer as it is a fruity one.

payton.kramer
payton.kramer

I love it and the solid lockets but the lotion smells really funky on me might be my hands though :/

claudiatychu0127
claudiatychu0127

very sweet MY FAVOURITE OMHY<3 tips: spray 2 only at most(; cus its kinda strong(:

Jellybean
Jellybean

peach, vanilla and then some gardenia. sweet scent geared to youngsters. it's nicish i guess. i'm going to try it out some more; I think my 18 year old sister may like it it more than me. lasts 2-3 hours.
update: i realized it stinks up after an hour, too sweet and cloying, made me pukish:(
sis is getting this one, she can't wait:)

jessigirl
jessigirl

This perfume smells very strongly of peach, like candy peach. and dries down to a beautiful vanilla scent! I love this because it smells so similar to harajuku lovers sunshine cuties love which was my first perfume ever and it came in such a small quantity so this is definitely a great substitute! lasts quite a while on me, 5-6 hours :)

RedJasmine
RedJasmine

I really wanted to like this fragrance, but the bamboo gave me a tremendous headache.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

Nice, but vaguely smells like the sixth Harajuku doll..

BLUEYELLOW
BLUEYELLOW

Just got this today..
In love! Smelling it directly from the bottle.. it's hard to get the real fragrance. So don't judge it until it's on your skin. It starts off on me a really strong apple, which is nice, but after a few minutes it turns into a delicious peach-rose-coconut-vanilla scent. But it's really not a fruity fragrance; it's for someone young, but it's still mature enough for a woman.
Definitely a day fragrance for me.. I feel it's versatile for all seasons..
Just in love.
I used Harajuku Lovers LOVE before this, which I totally love too but I needed something new (used it for over 3 years).
I feel this is perfect replacement. (:

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I smelled this straight from the bottle. It's an oddly sweet scent. I don't like apple or peach scents and I'm not a fan of the bottle design.

mizlover1
mizlover1

i want this soooo bad..i loove cats...i like katy perry and from what im reading..i like the notes in it...BUT i want the MEOW more than i want this one..the lavander bottle..the M on it (my name is melissa so thatll be perrrrrrrfect)..heheee

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Bought this coz it's Katy Perry, n i love the bottle. But when i spray it on my wrist, OMG!!! i love it, it's sweet but not overpowering like Britney Fantasy, n Purr is very fruity, it think this is floral fruity gourmand.

Mili_xox
Mili_xox

I like Katy Perry but I dont like her fragrance.The bottle is ugly and chessey and the smell is kinda gross....she should just stick to music.

bobosan336
bobosan336

My girlfried has it - on her it's mostly peach, vanilla and rose. Lasts a long time, I would get pleasant whiffs hours after we've gone out. Very nice girly scent.

music.is.me
music.is.me

This is one of those rare perfumes that you can wear all year round, in any season, in any weather, day or night. The warm, soft heart notes mix beautifully with the top fruity, vibrant top notes. The two opposites combine to make something you can wear at any time, for any occasion. The cute bottle only makes it better!

slowdownbaby
slowdownbaby

I was really excited about this perfume and I actually like the smell but for me the coconut note it's too strong and the lasting power is close to nothing, it fades in less then two hours on me.

alana.volskaya

this is for the girl that wants to wear a fruity fragrance in the winter. because of the vanilla, it works WELL and isnt musky at all.. a rarity when it comes to winter fragrances.

no doubt this is mostly a spring fragrance, but i find it works well in the winter.

danimcneil

Ok. I believe i have finally put into words, how this smells to me. Somehow, katy and the rest of purrs noses, were able to make a sweet coconut /vanilla cream...FRESH! Ive honestly never smelled a delicious, almos edible cream smell so refreshing. I feel like im sitting in a 5 star restaurant eating sweet cream witha variety of succulent fruits...topped with something magical that almost sparkles. I cant explain it any other way. Im not sure why, but i am so in love!

Fresh and fruity! To me, it's like biting into a fresh juicy apple while in a garden surrounded by the aroma of sweet flowers. I get no coconut and not much vanilla, and it's not sugary sweet at all. I get mostly apple and flowers. When it dries down, it has a slightly powdery overtone which I love. I also really like the bottle. It's fun and kitschy, just like Katy.

Mandalila
Mandalila

I really love this bottle because I'm a cat lover, but I have to say...the perfume smells very common and generic. Another fruity, coconut smell that I've smelt quite often before..bottle is sooo cute though :)

SexySpice
SexySpice

Su-purr cute, unique bottle with a fresh, easy-to-wear scent! What's not to love?

danimcneil

I guess im odd because i think this is a well done and delicious fruity floral. I want the biggest bottle thats made! Its creamy, floral, slightly sweet, and a bit juicy fruity. Ive been trying to think of how to review purr because it really is that good to me. I cant think of the correct adjactives! It also lasts a good 5/6 hrs and i get compliments galore when i wear it! Definitely buying it with Christmas money!

sjmora
sjmora

I really love this perfume, not only because of the cute bottle because of the smell! It's just wonderful, and I need to buy another bottle shortly! It's airy, fruity, and perfect.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Katy Perry Purr is a light fruity fragrance. Smells like peach sunscreen and there really isn’t any more to it because it has no lasting power and fades quickly. It’s not awful but, it’s not memorable. It’s very generic. It’s too bad because the bottle is super cute! Hopefully her new fragrance Meow is better.

ChloeAF
ChloeAF

i bought this for my sisters birthday thinking she'd like it after liking the way it smelt on me.Once she'd sprayed it on herself she was sneezing for a few minutes and hated it!i just ended up regifting it because everyone else i know who has it loves it but for some reason on her it just came up over overpoweringly alcoholic.

nopasho
nopasho

I'll tell you a secret. Sometimes, in my baddest dream, I think that there is one big giant 'Vat of Fruity Floral 'mother fragrance''. Whenever the PR 'Mad Men' divison of a big cosmetics conglomerate decides that it is time again for a new celeb fruity floral, because customers must hand over more of their hard earned cash to the shareholders and CEO's of those company's, they tap out of that 'Big Giant Vat', put it in a different bottle, paste the face and name of the 'celebrity du jour' on it and here you go: play the theme song of Trumps' 'The Apprenctice': money, money, money money...
The 'Vat' contains some fruity notes, some floral notes, vanilla of course and few sugary cotton candy elements. Nothing difficult about it. I has also nothing to do with perfumery art and originality and creativity. It is just business.
What I don't understand is that celebs whose integrity I value highly, play along in that money scheme. For their own bank account no doubt. Again play Trumps' Money-theme here. Take Katy Perry. I am, well was, a fan of her. A bit whacky, original, colorful, out of the mainstream, a 'Personality', a 'Face'. Mind you, I have nothing against 'celeb frags' per se. I only excpect that a piece of the celeb 'image' is found in the fragrance that has the name, picture and image of that celeb. That is not asking too much, isn't it? And it is possible to do that. Think about Kat von D's 'Sinner' or Shakira's 'S', Liz Taylors 'frags'... Like 'em or loathe them, but they all have an own 'personality'. They are not interchangable at all.
Butcolorful Katy Perry's first frag 'Purr', is a bitter grey dissappointment. All the zaniness, edge, 'color' of Katy has dissappeared. No, not disappeared, it wasn't there in the first place. What was she thinking? Has she smelled this fruit salad juice before it went on the market? It is just nother run of the mill generic fruity floral out of the 'Big Fruit Floral Vat'. If you put a frag on the market with your name, photo and image, all of which you have sold or leased to a fragrance company to use for a truckload of dollars, it should a least be a bit 'Katy Perry' and not a anonymous zillionth faceless duplicate of 'a fruity floral'. The fans who pay their hard eared cash for this, pay to buy a piece of 'Katy Perry the zany popstar with suprises', the image like it is as in her clothes, music, video's. The image she works so hard to get across in hed music, vids, apperances. And if ther is not one little piece of 'Katy Perry the popstar' reflected in the frag, it should come with a warning sticker, like those 'Parental Advisory' stickers. A 'Fan Advisory' sticker on the frag boxes and bottles: 'Warning, this bland fruity floral has nothing to do with the sprarlking, zesty and zany sharp image of Katy Perry and the Katy Perry you know from TV and the Katy Perry because of which you would buy this expensive bottle.'
Well... Let's take a closer look at the fragrance. The note pyramid.
Top: Gardenia, bamboo, peach, red apple
Middle: Jasmine, freesia, rose
Base: Musk, sandalwood, amber, vanilla, coconut, orchid.
Where is the zany personality of Katy? The unexpected twist, the originality, the creativity? The surprising fragrance notes, the zingy twists, the creativity, the exciting vibe of Katy Perry? This is as cliché as it gets for a fruity floral, even her most ardent fans will have to admit this much. Flowers, some fruit and a cliché base. The only slightly 'surprise note' is the bamboo. Or maybe coconut in the base. Coconut that has the olfactaroy quality to top the eventual edginess of other fragrance notes of. And that in the base. You would almost suspect the frag company that after a fight with Katy they made a frag totally opposite to her effevescent, twist-and-turn image. But honestly, I can't detect any 'surprises', 'unexpected notes'. It is the Big Mac version of a fragrance: trying to please everyone and sell as much as possible. I didn't espect taht from Katy Perry, of all celebs. This is peach fuzz from the most safe, grey and bland kind. Peach, vanilla, gardenia, rose, sandalwood, orchid... O.H. M.Y. G.A.W.D.!!! Not Katy Perry of all pop stars, the one who brought some originality, wackiness and color on the TV! And she delivers one of the most boring, safe, and generic of all fruity floral ever made! I am very, very, yes VERY dissappointed. And a bit angry. Who does she thinks she is, pushing us this totally un'Katy Perry stinker down the throat for big bucks?
I bought this blind, believing that Katy Perry would stay true to herself and deliver an orignal, somewhat wacky and zany fragrance. I never, in a million years expected this snore-fest from Katy Perry. I honestly thought and hoped and prayed that a personality like Katy Perry would come up with something truely remarkable. But I now think: maybe also her vids and pics are just fake: hot air, make believe, a falsified image of a zany personality created by a bunch of 'Mad Men' that has nothing to do with the 'real' Katy Perry. And I don't even want the 'real' Katy Perry in a frag where she poses as the popstar Katy Perry. I want a Katy Perry fragrance in the vein that she earns her money, as zany Perry. Maybe Katy is a mean b***h in real life. But I expect at least a frag where her showbizz personality can be recognised. And that absolutely not the case in this bland, worn out, tired totally uninspired frag. It is 100% different from the wacky Katy Perry we know from TV, mags... and love so dearly. But so bland, so genereic, so run of the mill, so cliché... I can't get over it. I feel deeply embarrassed in Katy's place. There was once a thread here: 'Do you think that celebs wear their own celeb fragrance?' I know for sure that Katy Perry doesn't. And if she does, it even makes it worse!
There is nothing much too say about the frag itself. It is an unremarkable fruity floral of which there are hundreds and tens of them are better made and much cheaper. 'Purr' is a generic fruity flower with vanilla. All the clichés of a fruity floral are here. And this is 'Katy Perry'??? What a slap in the face of her fans! Her perfume is as good or bad as a zillion other celeb frags. Even Britneys vanillic-cotton candy OD is more original and is more 'Britney'. And- I thought I'd never have to say this- : Jessica Simpsons 'Fancy' is a perfume masterpiece with its velvety caramel-vanilla compared to Katy's blank canvas. 'Fancy' is 'Jessica', reeks 'Jessica'. But 'Purr', this bland anonymous fifteen-in-a-dozen interchangable faceless fruity floral, has nothing, I repeat nothing, to do with the artist 'Katy Perry', the colorful chameleon singer.
Very, very dissapointed. Katy: better stop feeding this garbage to your fans. They expect a frag that screams the colorful, vivacious, original, creative, zany 'Katy Perry'. If you can't do better than this, close your fragrance shop before your great image of a colorfull zany paradise bird, the slighly whacky pop princess is destroyed by your über bland fragrances. Even Mariah Carey did better in the fragrance department. Shame on you Katy, shame!

xsnookix
xsnookix

ive tried the other of katys fraagrances and that smelt divine so i thought id give this a try so i went into perfumania and sampled a bit and i have to say it was quite an unpleasent boozy smell but then it faded into a tropical scent
Bottom line: i like it i just dont love it x

sweetness10
sweetness10

I sampled this on my wrist today. When I first sprayed this on and smelled it all I got was the harsh alcohol smell and I thought "oh no, this is cheap and nasty" but after it had developed for a few minutes I decided that I really loved this! It's a beautiful, light, summery, fun daytime scent! I smell peach mostly and then I notice the floral notes. It's a lovely fruity floral. It's soft and sweet. It's not an expensive-smelling perfume but I love it anyway - it cheers me up!

ImJess
ImJess

I smelled it and its really good i did't buy it but i sprayed some on me then went on to anothers...

alana.volskaya

as with all fragrances, you must spray this on your skin to get the true smell.
for me, after a few minutes, the vanilla completely disappears and im left with jasmine and apricot, touch of roses. its absolutely beautiful, i kept wondering what i was smelling that was so good =]

meow isnt anything like this.. ive seen people say its same but softer, etc... meow has absolutely no sourness to it. its 100% sweet, while this is a sexier fragrance, deeper. more character.

Monika.nemecek
Monika.nemecek

let´s be honest - WE LOVE THE BOTTLE. I am the Dior Addict girl. but the bottle is beyond awesome. especially the lid. anyways - the fragrance is not that bad as well - I mean - I got mine in Selfridges for 10£ / 100ml - pretty nice bargain. Not a £ more. It´s not worth it. It´s coconut, some flowers - mixture of cheap strong artificial begining that sprayed opened the EDP - but after 4 hours you can say BYE BYE . all of the artificial parts are gone, and what rests? NOTHING! But the bottle is nice. and that´s the only thing that matters.

airlie.cunningham
airlie.cunningham

When i 1st smelt this i was a little disappointed, but how could you NOT LOVE the bottle?! lol
i went back a few days later and smelt it again and it actally didn't smell that bad, its not a perfume that i would wear, but i know someone like my sister would, as it is a suttle perfume, not overbearing

meganhh1
meganhh1

I LOVE KATY PERRY for her wonderful singing and purr if you are a vanilla lover like me you will love this!!!

LaGari
LaGari

I caved in and bought it. I couldn't control myself, those crystal eyes purred out to me! Being a cat lover I find the bottle so very cute and irresistible.
The scent itself is not too impressive. I was expecting a little more based on the combination of notes. It is really nice and fresh though, and I was on the look for something sweet and fresh. I smell a lot of apple and bamboo.

My only real complaint would be the projection and longevity. Barely any power there. Faded from my skin in less than 2 hours! If it was stronger, it would definitely be on my love list.

miffymuffin, your purple smiling pussy comment made me lol. I sometimes leave the bottle out for display as I like to imagine my cats worship it. hehe

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is just ok. To me it seems like every other celeb fruity floral gourmand out there only with less staying power. On me this did a major disappearing act in about 2 hours. It smelled ok but if I were going to reach for a celeb perfume I would go for Britney Spears Fantasy over this one hands down any old day of the week. Sorry but I need lasting power if I am going to buy a celeb scent. I do however love the cat bottle with the jewel eyes!

aniston
aniston

Smells like Lander coconut lotion.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

When you first spray this on it has a gasoline smell. Once you get past the Eeew de Chevron station it's not bad. It's fruity and coconut but not sultry like
a cat purr perfume should smell. I like it but it's
not something that would be a favorite. It's not an expensive perfume so for the price , it's good.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Finally this perfume came to Europe, and especially my country at the local drugstore. I had to have it, unsniffed. It wasn't that expensive for a 50ml bottle.

The bottle design is to die for. I just love it so much. I adore cats, I have 3 and would love even more.

The perfume: I LOVE IT! This is different! It smells like coconut and peach. Love this stuff!

Lasting power: average, but it's ok.

I'm not disappointed! Lovely perfume from the wonderful katy perry!

Liina
Liina

Purr has probably the loveliest perfume bottle ever. I love cats and as I also love perfumes this is a good combination of these two.
The scent itself is nice and sweet. It has its fresher moments with bamboo and the floral notes but the sweet notes are dominating. Unfortunately Purr doesn’t have a big personality, it’s just a nice fragrance. I don’t think that it says much about the person who is wearing it. But I don’t need perfume doing the taking for me all the time so I’m still using it sometimes.
Anyway I’m keeping the bottle forever! Got to love the bottle!

eoli123

Sometimes celebrity fragrances don't smell very good and smell cheap but this is not the case for Purr it has a cute bottle and smells floral and fresh. I love this perfume!

@gaga97
I would say purr because rebl fleur smells too sweet like any other perfume out there :)

Mimi994

All time favorite perfume.Doesn't smell cheap at all

rosecat

I love the cat bottle, I think there should be more cat shaped perfume out there in general...The scent is not groundbreaking or niche, however it is unusual a bit different. The first note I smell is exactly like a drink called "Passiona" a passion fruit flavoured soft drink, (aussies old enough will remember) and an Ice-cream popsicle called "Splice" a cream & fruit combo (total childhood flashback)
So on me its a creamy, vanilla, passionfruit fizz that softens into a creamy floral (gardenia/orchid) with a touch of coconut. Its fruitiness turns into softness, dosen't last all day but I spray it in my hair, and I love it, not overbearing its nice day or night. Nothing about it reminds me of a cat though, cats smell sweet maybe creamy but never fruity.

My mother wears perfume well, so sprayed some on her and it totally smelled like "lily of the valley flowers" on her skin, it smelt amazing!! it does not smell like that on me, just creamy on me, the florals really came alive on my mum though.

Malibu

PURR is pure fruit on first application, both the peach and the apple are mouth wateringly sweet and very life-like. On me the peach is the strongest, but the fresher apple tones down the sweetness. I don't know what makes a apple forbidden - because it was what Adam and Eve ate? Anyway the apple here is fresh but still sweet. What I think is the bamboo quickly develops: It is watery but sweet [similar to coconut water]. I can also pick up a hint of something similar to musk, but I actually think this is the bamboo too.

The bamboo note is quite strong and carries all the through the perfume, so the floral notes remain mild and a bit watery, yet still fully developed and easy to pick out. On me the jasmine and freesia are the strongest notes, whilst the soft rose adds a slightly powdery effect. In addition to the florals the coconut milk mixes with the bamboo, lending the soft florals more depth. I'd also swear that there is rhubarb present too; I'm reminded of those boiled rhubarb custard sweets you used to get at the corner shop.

True; PURR is never going to become a classic fragrance and the scent notes have all appeared in countless other perfumes over the years, but it is an all year round, all occasions, reasonably priced EDP that comes in a cute and unique bottle. To me that beats out the expensive, statement perfumes that make up the best-sellers list.

larita91
larita91

Nothing special. Nice, sweet and light, but quickly fades away. Similar to Avril's Forbidden Rose. I prefer sexy parfumes, and it's everything, but sexy. I use it for work or school, but for dates? No way! Sorry. :(

jonr951
jonr951

I just got word from Nordstrom that her new Meow fragrance launch has been pushed back till Dec. I guess there was something up with the bottle. Wasn't there something up with the original bottle too? Hmmmmmm. Oh well. I guess we'll have to wait and see for Meow. : )

Kione
Kione

This is a nice scent but not surprising, it smells like you imagine it would do. The surprising note to me is coconut, it gives this predictable sweet smell a touch of freshness and makes it a bit different.

Gourmandy and fresh at the same time, it is possible!

I think (specially cos of the bottle) it is aimed to teenage girls, or thats what it looks like, just like her music.

Perfumian Girl 7
Perfumian Girl 7

The bottle matches the title of the perfume Purr. It's a really nice perfume that I would wear in the day in any season but winter. In the beginning I really smell the apple and the bamboo. The Gardenia and peach not as much.
In the middle I start to smell rose and jasmine. The last scents I smell are orchid, sandalwood, musk and coconut. The other stuff not as much. I think this lasts a long time and leaves and enters on a really good note. I recommend this perfume.

bellalicious
bellalicious

i have this and it is yummy but a little strong one spray is more than enough

Marisa36
Marisa36

Bleh. Don't know what I was expecting, but this is a disaster in a bottle. Obviously I'm not the target market, but the bottle is cute (I LOVE cats and the colour purple), so couldn't resist a sniff. I would say this is a lovely introduction for tweens into the magical perfume world though. Everyone has to start somewhere? :-)

Raina
Raina

I finally realize why I like this perfume, and since my realization I've come to see this for what it really is.

Judging by the notes this sounds like something that should appeal to me. In fact it almost does, if it weren't for the rose. I find that rose in any scent tends to dominate the perfume and this was no exception. The vanilla and coconut here are not discernible as notes in this perfume, rather they serve as a lovely blend of sweetness deepening the sweetness of the fruit and flowers, most notably the gardenia.

This is very nice if you don't mind the mix of rose and gardenia, and the fragrance itself is surprisingly long lasting with a strong sillage for a celebrity fragrance. I only picked it up because it reminds me of a my childhood; my father's girlfriend used to smell like this and it takes me back to weekends at her place. But the more I smelled this the more a headache began to develop, despite my liking the smell. It just goes to show you how memories can influence sense of smell.

Plus, I'm sorry to those who disagree, but the bottle is just hideous/creepy/obnoxious. I honestly don't see why this is considered "cute," its just a complete eyesore to me :/

Vanillagoddess94
Vanillagoddess94

this perfume is greatand i love it but i think it really smells different on every person on me it smells very exotic and coconuty on my friend it smells like a flower bouquet.
So when testing it please test it directly on your skin!

DoctorWho
DoctorWho

This perfume smells amazing, but the problem is that it's very strong; you have to give it a light spray. It's sort of a... mature scent, I'm 14 and I feel a bit weird wearing it. It also fades very quickly.

aprilchild
aprilchild

I really really like this perfume! At first by the picture on the packaging i had imagined it to smell really sweet like cotton candy(which is a scent i hate) and it doesn't at all. it smells really really good! and of course the bottle is just amazing and if i had the cash right now I'd by it in a heartbeat! but unfortunately i just spent my money on another amazing perfume :)

Soooo.... and i know everyone will hate me for this... I went to my local Big-lots where they sell an imitation of this called "kitty girl" and it smells almost the exact same only you dont get that sophisticated dry-down scent like you would in the real perfume. but for 3 bucks i think it was worth it haha. but the next time i have some extra cash i will definitely be getting this :)

clairedot

i'm so waiting for an empty bottle of this to come on ebay! i want this bottle but not a fan of the scent!! anyone got an empty bottle?

tsofa
tsofa

I also like this fragrance. Lately, I am into floral fruity perfumes, the ‘mature ones’ as I like to say. ‘Purr’ really caught my attention just as soon as Fragrantica mentioned it.

The idea of having a perfume with a coconut base along with the rest of the notes was really attractive, so I mumbled ‘what the heck’ and immediately ordered 100ml bottle.

I did not regret buying it, obviously because I stated Purr as one of my favorites. I love the peach and pear notes from the very first smell, then I get a fainted rose note and soon after a strong coconut – vanilla scent. The sandalwood note was almost unnoticeable to my nose and that was good, as I am usually allergic to it.

Now, here comes the bad side: as everyone mentions, after almost half an hour of using it, I did not smell anything anymore. Literally, I had to re-spray it at least three times during the day in order to smell it on me. I own this fragrance since mid-August and now at the beginning of October, my bottle is already half way gone! I also layered it with some coconut body butter and to me the results were the same, except that the body butter smell was stronger than the perfume!

In conclusion, ‘Purr’ did not bring me a “return on my investment”, so I will not bother buying another bottle when it finishes.

PS. The good side of ‘Purr’? My husband adores cats, so when he saw the bottle he liked it and asked me where we will put it as a decoration. Sorry sweetheart, I know the bottle is nice, but I don’t want it in our living room, or, maybe... hmm, I will think about it!

purple_raindrops
purple_raindrops

I really like this fragrance. At first it is rather fruity, then it fades to a slightly more floral scent(but not overwheming) and dries down to a musky/vanilla smell.

Seraphic
Seraphic

Fruity and strong at first and then dies down to almost nothing within 30 mins. This smelt SLIGHTLY different from every other celebrity perfume but like I said, slightly. I bought this on discount so I'm just going to give it away as the bottle is quite cheap as well. (Head is plastic.)

Undamaris
Undamaris

Lovely scent. Rather sweet on me (coconut so strong), and fresh floral notes disappeared fast in my skin, but it's unusual.

krayonkid
krayonkid

I bought this perfume the instant that i saw it, cos firstly, i didn't think my town would sell it, and secondly, it's a damn cat bottle! who else does that? LOL. I even told the sales lady, i need to buy this, whether this smells bad, I don't care.

I love the bottle, its unique it's catchy and funny, grabs your attention very quickly.

As for the scent I'm concerned for my sinuses. It's like all the florals are clashing with each other to find dominance against the coconut and the vanilla. The vanilla and coconut project far from the skin, but if i bring my arm closer to my nose i smell the florals, so Vanilla/Coconut won in dominancy I think. The scent reminds me of those cocoa butter body lotions & vanilla birthday cakes, and so far that is all I can smell.

It seems as if that;s the only thing going on on my skin, that vanilla/coconut combo. I don't smell anyhting else...

EDIT:

I think this is actually a very good scent. On my skin it mixes well and the scent lasts very good on my skin. At the moment the coconut died down and gives this floral based vanilla scent.

the only persons who think this perfume is too mature are the ones who take it too seriously. I think if i had to class this, it would be 25 to 35 girls who live on the quirky side of life, but is also very confident and sure of themselves.

missvie
missvie

I didn't think I was going to like this too much, but i loved the bottle (cat obsessed) So i gave it a try.

All I can smell is rose when I wear this.
ROSES EVERYWHERE!

This scent is super strong, and If I am not careful it can be very overpowering

But it doesn't smell like every other celebrity scent on the market, and it keeps me interested.

I don't wear it much, but when I do I find it pleasant.

Much better then any of the newer celebrity scents that its competing with (the new rhianna perfume sucks!)

eoli123

I love this scent it seems very floral to me. I think it smells really nice. The cute bottle is also very nice!

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

wayyy too sweet...hated it...clashed on my skin! :(

iloveKatyPerry
iloveKatyPerry

I think this perfume is strong not the right perfume for school, I think its a better perfume for going to the mall hanging out with your friends or even a date, this perfume is really flirty and romantic.

Mylifeismusic11
Mylifeismusic11

Well. Im a teen and This Was Kind of a Strong over powering smell. For school OR night out. I didnt really ike it. It made my allergies go nuts. And I put it on some paper. then aired it out. I didnt really care for it. bottle is AMAAZZINGLY cool. but. The perfume smell was okay. I would give it a 5/10.

medusaeyes
medusaeyes

Too many notes yet boring.... a bit mature to my nose

maryco036
maryco036

The fruity top notes of this perfume are overwhelming and way too sweet. That goes the same for the flowery middle notes - way too potent to enjoy. It is almost a relief when they fade into the lighter and milder vanilla-coconut blend which, sadly, compared to the rest of the perfume, are almost undetectable.

Unfortunately, this perfume misses the mark, not because it was a bad idea, but it was poor execution is scent combining. Too much emphasis on the top notes and not enough on the bottom notes.

D for Disparity.

clairedot

smells like any other perfume but i need it for the bottle ahha, let down by it as i hoped it would be more mysterious and gormet but its not bad either!

marietita
marietita

I would buy this perfume just for the bottle.. so cute!!!

salihah

how dissapointing i was waiting for ages for this perfume but after smelling it i found it to be boring
but the bottle is drop dead gorgeas

fragranceperfume
fragranceperfume

When I first got this perfume I was in love with it, as I am a fellow Katy fan. I still like it, though it's not my favourite. Really nice smell to it, not too strong, very fruity and sweet. I can really smell the passionfruit in it, and some peachy tones. Doesn't last too long, around 5-6 hours.

Really nice for summer/spring. Overall I would recommend it. 4/5 =)

cinsot

My Inner-Tween may have been a wee bit hasty with the love-fest for Purr! I like it (FRFR) the peachy/appley top is scrumptious, the white whisper of gardenia and jasmine are also very pretty and endearing.

Coconut combined with "thin" vanilla and wishy washy watery notes are challenging on my skin.

Maybe I should have considered my physical age before yielding to my inner-child.

Good news is my seventeen year old niece thinks I'm the best-est Auntie in all the land.

sinesthesya
sinesthesya

i like it but it's too strong for me and it's not fruity to me, it's more like oriental floral :S... lovely bottle!

PerfumeWhore
PerfumeWhore

I just realised how scary this cats eyes are!!

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

I should know by now that theres not very many celeb. scents that I like. This one doesn't smell horriable, but it is nothing special. And true to most celeb scents it has NO staying power. Just a nice smell when you spray it on, and a very disappointing fade. The bottle, to me, is the best thing about it, soooo cute..... BUT who buys perfume just to look at a cute bottle...... I want to enjoy the perfume inside. It is not what I would expect a star of Katy Perry's status to market, guess I was expecting an exotic, alluring smell.

smellgoodhallie
smellgoodhallie

It isn't a bad fragrance but it does smell a little bit cheap but the price is deff. not afforable for alot of people. The bottle is an eye catcher but the diamond eyes are just a little bit creepy. The audience was right but the price isn't.

puti monster
puti monster

i smelt this at David Jones today and i thought it would be good but it smells like something ive smelt before , but i still LOVE it

cinsot

An indulgent treat for my Inner Tween. I purchased Purr today based solely on the aroma of the liquid inside the audaciously-kitsch-but-oh-so-artfully-marketable purple bling cat design bottle.

I have a "healthy respect" for cats (AKA an irrational phobia of) and I have been known to tap my forty-four year old foot to a Katy Perry song at the pub once or twice.

No-one is more surprised by my latest acquisition more than I.

However, marketing aside, Purr is outrageously flirtatious and witty. It screams merriment in the most delightfully delicious way. I am addicted to its playful aroma. To my nose and on my skin, Purr is anything but dull and uninteresting.

Spring is in the air and I'm gonna be marinating myself in this jolly juice for months to come.

AvrilLavigne101
AvrilLavigne101

Ooo...its 4 Fun types, its a exciting kinda scent but its not something I would get! Cute bottle though! Purrrrrrrrrr....;)

MaiCecile
MaiCecile

There is nothing at all special about this. Boring, boring, boring. Same warm fruity floral you smell everywhere else.

jasmasid
jasmasid

I received a free sample of this. It is quite pleasant but not my sort of scent. The drydown is vanilla and vanilla and vanilla. The upside is that it doesn't last too long. It is quite a fresh sort of smell for casual wear so I will definitely use up my sample. It is highly unlikely I will ever buy a full size bottle of this one.
A clear case of greater effort spent on bottle design than actual contents. I would love to see a return to simple bottles with clean lines and a glass stopper with colourless bottles filled with golden fluid temptingly beckoning from within...

queenvic
queenvic

Hmm tried this perfume today, wasnt over struck by it atsl, shame cuz i realy liked the bottle lol

babyphat2011
babyphat2011

The bottle is great! The frangrance is cool but not my fav.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Just got a sample...for curiositys sake only of course! ;0) On me Purr smells of orange creamsicle, then dries down to a nice non sweet vanilla, tha's about it, it's nice it's wearable, it smells pleasant....nothing really groundbreaking. It would be a nice spring or summer fragrance and though it's marketed twards the younguns I can see the older ladies pulling this off, I could and I'm an old bat of 45! it's just a fun light nice vanilla based prefume, not sweet at all on me, or not noticably so....i'll use up my sample but most likely will not invest in a bottle, I already own my share of casual fragrances.

Sillage: 5/10
Long lasting: 3/10

RM18
RM18

Can someone tell me if this perfume is sweet I don't like sweet perfumes.I'm going to have to smell it.I through Rihanna's perfume so going to be sweet and it was not.So maybe Katy Perry's will be not what I think

beachgrl
beachgrl

I love the bottle! the perfume may be a little too young for me, but I still wear it. Reminds of SJP NYC a little. Its very soft, and did not give me a headache.

mirandaslaysdragons
mirandaslaysdragons

I couldn't decide if I like this, but settled on not liking it. Smells like a cheap, fruity alcoholic beverage.

Cmanier
Cmanier

It smells....expensive yet common/familiar... nothing unique, special or new about it.. Does not smell like a summer fragrance on me... similar to glam rock princess or ralph hot.. not as good as ralph hot ( 1 of my all time favorite) but decent if you do not own either of the fragrnces mentioned

salihah

i am dissapointed the bottle is absolutely gorgeuos but the fragrance isnt!

myskiesareblue
myskiesareblue

i grabbed a sample of this at nordstom while pickingupmy no. 5. i wasn't expecting to like it but i did. i think its age appropiate for her fans nd it seems to last wuit a while. its sweet , musky, floral with white flowers. its not heavy at all and remined me a little of hair spray. don't know why.but i have smeeled this before from way back in the day. i just can't place my finger on it.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This is a beautiful fragrance that smells much more expensive than the Kitschy-cute bottle would have you believe. And I have impossibly high standards and lots of bad perfume experiences. On myself most perfumes turn quickly to their vanilla, musk or amber bases. This has been more dramatic.
I do detect the fruit here, but it is more of a peaches and cream fruit not at all like those gab-awful Be Delicious clunkers or half of the new perfumes on the market (seriously, why do companies/labs think all young ladies wish to smell like a Doyle fruit cocktail can ? and why do the girls go for it??!). Purr is more sweet than acrid and the lasting power is great (6hr plus). This is warm, classy, sweet, and very, very feminine. I detect freesia, vanilla, peach, amber, musk , bamboo & sandalwood more than the other notes.
The bottle is GORGEOUS. If you love cats, Catwoman or unusual decanters this is adorable. Men seem to love it too, the Catwoman sex-kitten look of the bottle is as charming as the scent.

Juma
Juma

Since I love cats, a bottle i s gorgeous.
And the scent is really fruity floral which I don't like usually.
But this one I love! Thanks to Nathalie Z I have a decant.
Also I hate peaches in scents but here is well blended with vanilla coconut.
This sort of vanilla reminds me to warm gourmand vanilla in Kenzo 5.40 in Madagascar- one of my favs!

katyperryfan112
katyperryfan112

I love this new perfume, I bet it smells fantastic! Not to mention the gorgeous bottle. I LOVE IT! So gonna buy it!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

emi
emi

O my the bottle is gorgeous, kitchy but gorgeous. I would purchase the fragrance just for the kitty-bottle itself though I'm a grown-up woman:).

cocobella
cocobella

i am a bit disappointed. i've been waiting so long for this and had high expectations.. well it is not bad but it is kind of boring. i love coconutfragrances but the more i wear it, the less do i get the coconut. the lasting power is rather weak. it is a nice fragrance but i expected more from katy perry. good for everyday use as it is not too strong or loud.

mallholic
mallholic

OMG i want it so badly!! i don't even care if its smells bad on me!! i love the color and cat bottle, its a good one for a collection, too bad it still not available in Indonesia.
anyone who can help me to get this, please pm!!!

caylarhene
caylarhene

purr smells to similar to a lot of other perfumes. wish it had different smells .. notes to it. cuz the bottle is so cute. the one that stands out on my dresser

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

I haven't tried it yet, but I'll probably purchase it anyway,only for the cute bottle.(huge cat lover)

Whit
Whit

Fun and flirty! Probably not going to be a classic scent, but it's still nice. It puts me in a happy mood when I wear it. :)

Pamella
Pamella

I first smelled this at christmas, and really didn't like it much, smelled it again last month, wasnt keen on the top notes, but loved the dry down, third time, top notes had grown on me and the dry down was still gorgeous and noticable two days later, and I loved it so much by this point I went and bought a gift set yesterday :)

Cahmila
Cahmila

Really good. The bottle is worth it, and the fragrance is unique. An uncommon smell, exotic.

Alinaboo
Alinaboo

I have been so excited for this perfume to come out. I love the bottle and the name. It smells pretty good but I guess I was just a little let down because my hopes were so high! But over all it's not too bad!

Purr may not be the sexual, animalistic fragrance for that perfect feline, but it's a fun fragrance nevertheless.

This fragrance to my nose, is a blend of rich, boozy fruits, sugared lollipops and vanilla infused musk. The peach and apple accords are what drives the scent initially, arriving with such force that one could accidently mistake it for the scent of a jam factory.

Tropical in a sense, but not all that unique I'm afraid. Purr is yet another celebrity endorsed fruity floral that leaves me happy but not necessarily impressed.

The bottle design scares me to be honest. I love cats, they're adorable creatures, yet this strange, robotic purple figurine unnerves me, especially with it's flashing diamante eyes. It looks like Katy Perry has been trying to pick up on the Harajuku Lovers trend.

Once the scent begins to develop, the drydown seems like a mish-mash of notes all colliding together with no real intention. I get subtle hints of syrupy vanilla here and there, but it never seems to soften the fruity blow. The rose and orchid notes only make this fragrance more tart.

The longevity is not bad, nor is the sillage. I think all in all, it's not a bad fragrance. It's certainly something that will sell well and it's not a bad first-time try for Katy Perry and her brand.

chris marg
chris marg

Got this one for my birthday because everyone knows I love the cat bottle. I have since worn it a few times even though at my age of 53 (a very young looking 53 thank you) I thought I might be pushing it as it's a Katy Perry scent and therefore probably more for a twenty something... Well, I digress....I actually found it pretty and kind of nice. It doesnt last really long though and it isnt in the "haute coture" level of fragrance...lets not get snobby! It's cute though and if I feel like a little cat that day and just want to feel purrfectly feminine and young well, I wear it. If it will become a classic fragrance? Doubtful. However, it's a fun fragrance and the bottle is fun too...so just have fun with it!!!!

Lovable Amy
Lovable Amy

I love cat and i want the bottle!

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

nice fresh n' fruity fragrance. nice but nothing special. no lasting power.. if it had more "power" it would be a nice every day fragrance.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

Very run of the mill scent. Its fruity and reminds me of Midnight fantasy from Britney. Its also too expensive for a celeb scent. It doesnt last at all, the scent is gone in 30mins.

I tested it yesterday and found it non-special citrusy and flowery. It had a cheap touch and reminded me of many drugstore scents.

shannonrenee83
shannonrenee83

Loved this perfume, its a beautiful fruity floral that seems like she spent some time on. Unlike some of the sloppy jobs that other celebs have done with theirs. The only problem I have is that even with the shower jell,lotion and perfume on it doesn't last long on my skin and doesn't seem to project very far. It is rather expensive too. Otherwise it has become one of my top faves. I am a fan of scents with peach and I can def. smell that peach in this, and the vanilla in the bottom notes in really pretty as well. I would recommend this to anyone who likes fruity sweet scents.

servana
servana

Smells like tropical punch. The notes don't mesh well - they are all trying to overpower eachother & as a result, it's just messy. This perfume is waaay too expensive for the actual scent.

Miffymuffin

Wow. What a fantastic bottle. I want this. I don't care what it smells like. It could smell like cat wee and I'd buy it. I want to see this purple pussy smiling at me every morning. I bet it looks stunning with the sun shining on it. MEEOW!

Finally picked up a bargain off eBay. The bottle is lovely, the perfume sadly is not. If I had smelled it without knowing what it was I would have thought it was an Avon perfume as the majority of them seem to smell like this on me, strong, fruity and flowery.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

I went to dillards to sniff it, Let me start by saying I am rather let down by it. I thought it kinda had a hint of vera wang princess in it but with a twist. I didnt like it, it was okay nothing great. I ended up going with jessica simpson fancy love. I also smelt heat rush by beyonce and I liked it better than purr

jo135

I smelled it in the shop. I was a bit disappointed; It's ok but nothing fancy. I probably just expected more from her....

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

This is such a fun fragrance! I love it! Coconut and jasmine are quite dominant with this one. The bottle is quirky and gorgeous! I usually wear this on weekends when I'm just hanging around being me!

kurobara yuki
kurobara yuki

I wonder when this perfume will be on sale in Malaysia... hmmm... i guess that i have to wait in patience... huhuhu

Martyna
Martyna

It opened with a blast of fruit which was so strong, that it literally left a burning sensation in my nose. However weird it may sound, I am not joking. And then it was just vanilla coconut.

It doesn't stink but it doesn't really smell like perfume to me. It's more like a mixture of various fragranced cosmetics. Fruity shampoo and coconut body butter. Actually quite common these days because from what I see (and smell) a lot of modern fragrances is designed along these lines and Purr leaves no doubt that it belongs to this group.

An easily likeable fragrance but nothing new or outstanding.

The_Perfume_Diva
The_Perfume_Diva

Where do I start?...lol This is my first review and I am struggling for the words...lol
Like a good majority of us, because lets face it...our hobby is not cheap, I am a barginista. Untill now, I could proudly pick a scent and do the Happy Dance when I found just the right place,time, and outlet to buy it in, and have a 95% blind buy happy feeling. I now understand why the testers come with the cap...lol Foiled by the cutness...arrrrrr.
The first thing that came to mind when I smelled this was..."So, this is what it smelled like when Katy was on the cloud in what I call.....The Candy Fantacy Video." For me, the only silver lining or Candy in this is the ADORABLE Kitty Kat bottle.
In all fairness, if the longevity of the fragrance was longer.....I may be able to get past the Playdough afterscent that I assume comes from the Coconut/Bamboo/Sandalwood mixture.
Disappointment but, at least I now have an adorable Kitty that I don't have to play chef to ....lol

Siv55
Siv55

Well, it doesn't smell horrible.

Let's face it, you could put vinegar in this bottle and some people would still want to buy it..

Love kitty, want kitty bottle! So amusing! Mum, can I have it please? PLEEASE! IT'S SO CUTE!!!

What do you mean it looks evil and like it's eyes will turn into laser beams and cut me into little diced fruit sized pieces?

Not tricking me. Still want it. Sulking.

Lovelyperfume94
Lovelyperfume94

Well ok most of the people really dislike it ok.
But i absolutely dont i love it maybe its because i am only 16 but i actually think it is because of the exotic notes in it that stay on me for so long and underline my confidence and freshness i dont know i just love it. <3

abigail5328
abigail5328

Soft, sweet, playful, floral, juicy, peachy fragrance!
I have to say that when I first smelt this fragrance I was not jumping for joy. I didn’t find it unique as the ad campaign had made out, to me it smelt just average. However, I still kept the bottle as I’m a sucker for adorable bottles and this was one of them. I still decided to use the fragrance now and then as even though I thought the scent was nothing special, I still found it pleasant enough. And now I have to say that over time I have really grown to love this scent.
The peach is very prominent on first application along with the apple. It then settles down to a nice soft feminine floral scent with hints of vanilla and coconut.
The downside is that the sillage and longevity is poor. And the fact that it is a little pricey for a celeb fragrance. I guess you’re paying for the super cute bottle rather than the juice.
Overall a nice fruity floral that could be worn in the spring, summer or even autumn.

krissycat

Is anybody else finding the lasting power of Purr terrible? I keep spraying this perfume on me all day and the scent evaporates in minutes? Unless I just can't smell it because it's on me, but noone else has noticed the scent either.. the smell is pretty but it has absolutely no lasting power on me... :(
I have to update my review... PUrr is growing on me.. I think I've made the mistake of wearing purr with other perfumes at the same time, and maybe those fumes were stronger so I never got the full effect of Purr. This one really is pretty good.. maybe its like one of those cats that take a while to warm up to you.. start off all nasty and scratching, and eventually become your best friend :) Purr truly is becoming my friend... smells pretty darn good

Wynter
Wynter

I was so excited to try Purr because of the adorable bottle. However, when I sprayed it on my wrist I was unpleasantly surprised. While I was expecting a peachy scent based on the reviews here, I got an artificial peach scent mixed with sweet rotten fruit. I wanted to give it a chance so I kept it on for a good 20 minutes, but it didn't evolve into anything pretty. Just artificial, sour peach and rotting fruit. I hope it's just my skin's chemistry and it smells better on others, but it's definitely a pass for me.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I had really high hopes for this fragrance. I love animals and cats in particular, so bottle is the cutest. Notes also sounded nice. However, it didn’t live up to my expectations
As soon as I sprayed it, I got hit with fruit notes-which was pleasant but not mind blowing. I confess, I thought ‘eh, another fruity scent” “yawn”. However, very short time after, it turned into sweet and creamy scent with prominent vanilla/sandalwood note. I can detect gardenia but it subtle, very subtle so its barely even there. Its quite pleasant but not what I was expecting. It also reminded me of another fragrance “The One” but D& G. Its not exactly the same but there is definite resemblance. “The One” also lasts MUCH longer. Purr’s lasting power is pretty average-couple of hours at the most. Don’t get me wrong, I think it smells nice but it just didn’t blow me away. I do LOVE the bottle though-she has a winner there.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

Celebrity fragrances have a tendency to smell predictable, but I really had higher expectations of Purr.
I was anticipating something spontaneous, eccentric, psychedelic - much like Katy Perry herself.
However, this is merely another overdone fruity floral that lack personality.

It's nice, the novelty design is fun, but hardly worth buying.
Strictly for hard-core Katy Perry fans only.

purplegothicbarbie
purplegothicbarbie

Holy Peaches, Batman!!!! At first spritz, I got a hint of each and every note listed above. Now, after the dry-down, I'm "scentsing" that I'm in a dewy peach orchard in the early am hours. Great if you're a peach fanatic. I have nothing against them personally, but I do prefer a perfume that's more dimensional and full-bodied. I'll finish up my sample, but I won't buy.

kittymoon
kittymoon

This is for girls who like Britney Perfumes. All I can smell is nice berries and then sugary nice berries and then vanilla sugary nice berries...

Glamourcide
Glamourcide

After being pretty much blown away by Rihanna's first offering, I have to admit I kind of had high hopes for this fragrance from Katy Perry.

Unfortunately, it's Britney Spears' 'Radiance' in a cat-shaped bottle. An absolute scrubber on my skin.

Started out sickly sweet (and I am usually a fan of sweet scents, this one just made me gag) and within a couple of minutes, it was a horrid mush of buttery florals with no recognisable notes. It lasted a few hours, gave me a headache, and never progressed past the buttery floral stage. Very disappointing.

Sorry, Katy, but this smells exactly like you've decanted bottles of 'Radiance' into a cute bottle and slapped your name on it. I won't be giving it another try and I certainly won't be purchasing it.

danielletrent
danielletrent

Let me begin by stating: I am not a fan of Katy Perry.
Her music irritates me and and do not understand what the fuss is about her, physically.

However, I am a massive fan of both cats and perfume! I have been so excited to finally get a sample of this bottle and yesterday, it happened! I work in pharmacy and the arrived at work to see that the order had come in. The bottle is beautiful! It is a gorgeous cat!

The fragrance is just beautiful! Very fruity! I am yet to speak to somebody who has not liked it. The girls at my workplace all have different tastes in perfume; I am interested in the sweeter, 'britney-spears esque' perfumes, wheras another is a fan of Anna Sui, and another Jean Paul Gaultier. However, each of us just ADORED this scent. It is fresh and delicious! We have all been wearing the tester since we got it in.

It is hard to describe the smell without smelling it yourself, even my mother adored it and threatened to steal it! It warms beautifully on your skin and lingers wonderfully. Give it a smell! You won't regret it.

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

I dont really care what the perfume smells like because the only reason I bought it is for the bottle hahaha! But I love the smell. Doesnt last as long as I wouldve wanted.. 4 hours at most. It is more floral to me than fruity at first but i love the dry down because it smells delicious! I got the huge bath set with everything in it from Dillard's for 65.00. The bottle is huge so i think it's pretty worth it.

sofiii
sofiii

Purr is a seemingly promising tease but ended prematurely.

The start of Purr is delicious, like those biscuit with red berry jam in it, natural biscuit, without the screaming sugar. Soon after, it goes quite nice coconut-y cuddly, however, it really smell like something from Benefit, sorry I forgot which one is which one, so it’s either So Hooked on Carmella or Lookin’ to Rock Rita, for the soft coconut smell.

Just when I was thinking about maybe I should get a 30ml for the kitty bottle (yes I have a soft spot for cute things even if the real-life bottle is tacker than the one in the AD), I start to smell jasmine and a weirdly blended flower punch, something similar to the dry down of Happy Spirit by Chopard and SJP's NYC, the type of overly busy jasmine-themed-dirty(I should say slightly mis-sweetened and warmed and thus quite fuzzy-to-the-nose) flower party.

The dry down arrives rather fast (within 3 hours), and all the lovely coconut or loud flowers are gone, what I have is just a sugared water smell plus a tiny hint of something like 10 times diluted Hugo Boss Orange Sunset and a hint of CKin2U for Her Pop .

Not an original perfume at all, and if only Purr could’ve collected the nice and Wow factors from the other perfumes, it could be much better. However, sadly, what presented here is just another celebrity perfume.

krissycat

I just got this today. I LOVE the cat bottle. My favorite bottle of perfume for show until now had to be Head over heels by Revlon, and Feerie by van Cleef and Arpels, but now my little cat, she is my treasured bottle. As far as the juice that is inside.. I think I was expecting more.. in the way of sillage and longevity. It didn't really last on my skin today, BUT I will say the scent is quite pretty. But there is nothing that stands out about this fragrance other then the bottle that it is in. I'd by lieing if I said I didn't think the scent is lovely, but I think your spending money more for the bottle then the juice inside. Not regretting buying this however... it's adorable, and very sweet and berrylisish

kcii
kcii

First off, what a cute bottle!!
After about 10 minutes I wanted to eat my arm!! It smells so delicious, it reminds me of marshmallows and cotton candy. The coconut really comes out on my skin, its lovely.. Its also got a hint of floral to it.
It's a nice, warm relaxing scent!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

kind of a candy floral scent.
To my nose, the vanilla is wet, and that with the amber make for a sticky, gourmand base, sweetened even further by the apple and especially peach, becoming almost edible until the floral notes soften the whole fragrance but still without taking away the sticky lolly essence form the amber/vanilla base.
I dont pick up the bamboo, musk or the sandalwood, im guessing they're a background quality that has a silent effect overall.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Hmmm another uninspiring perfme I have smelled today.

The coconut is quite prominent in this perfume but really it's nothing I haven't smelled before. It smells very familiar, maybe similar to something like an Avon perfume. Or a cheap body spray or something.

Not really sure what else to write.

It's the sort of perfume that smells familiar but I wouldn't be able to pick it out if someone walked by wearing it because it could be many things.

*pouts*

Not for me.

vsmini
vsmini

Well I have to agree with what the others have said. All I smell is a generic apple/leafy shampoo. It is a nice clean and floral smell with a touch of tart fruit but nothing mysterious or unique. In fact if you told me to imagine a generic fragrance this is exactly what I would picture. I have a bottle because my mom thought it would be a cute gift for me and I wear it to work and school often but I never reach for this when I'm going for a night out or when I want to wear something delicious or unique. Sorry. This is just another average perfume with an above average marketing campaign. Hopefully her next one will be more interesting.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

YAWNNN another 'melted sweets on the pavement' celeb scent. Took longer to develop the bottle and advertising than the smell, that's for sure!

fiona_sigourney
fiona_sigourney

I love Katy, I love her songs.

Especially "Firework",
inspiring and mood lifting. =)

But I guess this spirit doesn't carry along with Purr.

Honestly, the scent is quite common... Sigh...

The bottle itself is awesome though! So lovely and can be a decoration for sure.

I hope Katy will put some "Firework" spirit into the next one. =)

Trvevil
Trvevil

Starts as a shampoo I use currently. Sweet, a bit green and fruity. After a while I can clearly feel gardenia. Pretty different yet generic [again this word..] Though, I like it. Um... still, I find it too quiet and subtle for me. Like... characterless... I prefer loud white florals.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I got this today and it´s a very nice surprise! At first spray i can notice a very fresh,juicy,mouthwatering smell(the peach,the apple and the bamboo),then it become more floral a little bit powdery, i detected the gardenia and fressia,the drydown is very warm soft creamy vanilla with hints of coconut...

The bottle is very cute and lovely!

The lasting power is really good,last all day on my skin,the price is great,a good option if you are looking for a Fruity-Sweet-Yummy-Floral,it´s very easy to wear... ;)

Katy looks really sexy in the ad campaign...

beenabela26
beenabela26

I actually think this fragrance is kind of FIERCE! When I smell this I think of leopard print, a fashionista and DIVA behavior. It may not be such a unique scent but it is still very pretty.

The opening had a fresh fruity burst in which I could definitely smell the peach and apple close together. After that, it settled into a soft floral feminine scent with the notes of exotic coconut and vanilla running through it. In the dry down I could still smell the coconut & vanilla along with musk and creamy sandalwood. Such a lovely perfume, and the bottle is soooo purr-ty! I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a fierce but soft and feminine type of scent, love it!

update- lasting power is pretty much all day

update2- Was reading an Instyle magazine issue and came across a quote Katy Perry said about her fragrance= "i love how individual cats are, so I wanted to make a fragrance that smells different on everyone." So frm that I gather that I'm a pretty fierce cat and that this will definitely bring out a different personality scent in you! :)

Malibu

PURR is richer with the fruits then it is with the florals, so the lasting power is good but not great: I can still detect creamy coconut and sandalwood three to four hours after first applying it, but it's only a hint and is close to the skin.

As this is mild and sweet it seems like a playful fragrance, so the name and advertising really do suit it. I think that this is nice for daywear - both casual wear and for work. Some people may think that it's too sweet for work, but as it's quiet it won't bother your colleagues. As it's mild and not very long lasting people may class it as too 'gentle' for evening wear, but if you don't wear perfume whilst out for a statement and to be noticed then I think PURR is perfectly adaptable. Again; The 15ml spray is great for even tiny handbags.

When I first heard about this perfume I was doubtful that something containing peach, apple and coconut would appeal to me in the current minus six climate. But the fruits are so edible and quite sweet and the base is warm, soft and creamy, so I think that the overall 'rhubarb custard' effect makes a lovely autumn/winter fragrance. Off cause - since this has just been released - I don't yet know how it will wear during spring/summer; But I'm going to guess that as the fruits are rich and the florals light it will still be very wearable.

Ralph Lauren' Ralph, Paris Hilton for Women, several J.Lo Glow flankers, the Ed Hardy perfume range and Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC all use similar scent notes in the fruity/floral family, so if you enjoy any of them them then you should definitely try this.

Migotka
Migotka

Picking up on this one is so easy its not even funny anymore...
When I read about the fragrance in it's ad, it said something along those lines- daring, something we have never smelled before, dangerous, feminine, etc etc.

What we have though, is sickling sweet, generic celeb fragrance, in an awful kitch bottle. Smells as cheap as Katy looks in this latex outfit. Dont get me wrong, it has its charm, and it would be a fun present for a little girl who starts her journey with perfume.

I do find it pleasant enough with the rose and orchid and soft vanilla base, although the peach sometimes gives me a feeling of an ingredient of cough syrups. But the hype around it, and the fact that it is being sold as a 'unique, daring feminine frarance' when none of those elements exist when it comes to this Purr, is slightly irritating. Maybe it's because I dont like Katy's music or herself as an 'artist', but oh well, I dont think Im missing out.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Sampled it briefly at Nordstrom. It's very sweet a bit fruity but more floral. Without looking at the notes ahead of time, I could detect the orchid the gardenia and the coconut. It's nice but not groundbreaking IMO although the notes are more exotic than not. Smells like something you would find at BBW or VS. I would have thought that with her over the top image she was going to present something outrageous that people would be talking about it. In reality is a very tamed and quiet fragrance. It's great for really young girls. The bottle is different and cute if you like cats!

TankGirl
TankGirl

Very arsh perfume, almost like hair spray.
I tyed this today as it was finally available on superdrug.
Its very fresh, remind me of those floral frutys from the 90', but the fruits in here are very plastic and annoying. Reminds me of JLO perfumes.
Its good for summer, if you dont want to think mutch about what you are going to putt on, but its nothing special and for the price you can have mutch better and cheaper.
The bootle is nice, but this perfume is not purple at all, I would say is a electric green, as the scent is very aquatic.
I'm not impressed, but I wasnt expecting nothing extraordinary from Katy Perry anyway :S

Sillage: Good
Staying Power: Good, last all day

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

I can't get this Milwaukee where I live. I called a Nordstom in Chicago and reqested a sample..she was so nice and sent me three. I knida figured it wouldn't be my thing and I was right. Sour apple w/some peach..dry down gardenia w/sour apple. I suppose if i was an apple fan..

rainydays
rainydays

Purr started out alright when it hit my skin... it was a pleasant apple/peach, shampoo-like scent that I probably wouldn't have bought, but was nice and girly. Then the peach became stronger and soon it was the only note I could detect, making the scent smell very cheap. As time went on, the fruitiness started to smell... funny. I don't know what it was about the base notes, but they sort of smelled a tad bit like body odor. Not good. Still of fan of Katy's music, just not her perfume.

Cherub573
Cherub573

Both my mother and I sampled this fragrance today. My mother thought it smelled very familiar and I took a couple sniffs and realized it's very similar to the Gardenia Lily line from Bath and Body Works, which my mother has. There's brief fruitiness in the top notes, then it's pretty much all floral. The base notes were nearly undetectable on me, I didn't get coconut or vanilla. I'm not sure the target market for this fragrance wants to smell so flowery- I notice a lot of reviewers interpret that as "mature".

It's not bad by any means, but I hardly find it unique, and I already have a perfume for a gardenia fix.

Two additional observations:
- it lasts at least several hours on me
- the bottle looked and felt like a toy.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I sampled this one 2nite @ Nordstroms and I have 2 say I was a lil disappointed... While it wasnt horrible, it smelled average at best, nothing groundbreaking or new... Looking at the notes, I'm sure if I mix together a concoction of Forbidden Rose(for its apple note), Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia(duh, lol),Fancy Love note(for its creamy peach note) and XOXO Heartbeat(for its bulgartan rose an vanilla notes) I would come up w/ sumthing that smells very similar... Cutest bottle though...Wouldnt mind buying a bottle at a deep discount lol...

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I am a cat person I like the bottle and can't wait to try this.The notes don't sound ground breaking but the bottle is adorable.

APassionateJourney

Oh, here are the real notes, from the press materials given to Nordstrom, if anyone wants to know them

Top Note: Peach Nectar, Green Bamboo, Forbidden Apple, Gardenia

Heart Note: Jasmine Blossom, Pink Freesia, Bulgarian Rose

Base Note: Vanilla Orchid, White Amber,Creamy Sandalwood, Skin Musk, Coconut

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

This fragrance is very nice!
it's sweet and soft at the same time. you can definately smell the peach, apple,rose and some very niiiiiiice vanilla lingering all the way through. (ohh and it smells nothing like love at first glow at all.)

APassionateJourney

This smells NOTHING like Luv@1stglow!

When you first spray it it' a beautiful sweet smell but five minutes later it fades. It stays a little sweet but it turns a little more mature. Can't WAIT to get my bottle next month! I hope it comes at the end of the year.

Oh, and you can see the BEAUTIFUL bottle on The Fragrance Foundation

www.fragrance.org

Go to perfumes releasedin 2010 and go to P and it's on the second page

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

gosh....it's similar to love at first glow? she said it doesn't smell like any other celeb fragrance? oh men! anyways, she looks like rose mcgowan in the picture hehe

Purr by Katy Perry 3.79 out of 5 based on 1658 ratings and 453 user reviews

Katy Perry Purr Eau De Parfum Spray 175ml 6oz
Eau De Parfum 6oz
Purr Perfume by Katy Perry, 6 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Purr Perfume by Katy Perry, 6 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Katy Perry Purr fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Katy Perry Purr, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Purr by Katy Perry. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Purr by Katy Perry represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.