Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Iris Pourpre Keiko Mecheri for women

Iris Pourpre Keiko Mecheri for women
dislike

yellow floral

Iris Poupre is a fragrance by Keiko Mecheri presented in 2009. The perfume incorporates iris, ylang ylang, iris root and chypre accords. Available as 75ml edp.

iris Orris Root Neroli Oakmoss Citruses Patchouli Vetiver Ylang-Ylang

Iris Pourpre Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

This is nice. Creamy orris, sparkling ylangahyde, a nice spot of moss and a ton of ambreine. Good clean skin scent. Not as orris-rich as Skin on Skin or Mythique, which will disappoint some and delight others.

Cereza
Cereza

"Iris Pourpre" is a marvelous scent. I did not expect much, but got oh so many things out of this. It was an instant love story and I loved it all trough it's development (and it does develop really nicely).
Upon applying I got almost candy-like scent, I think the ylang-ylang does this, I don't think I've tried an iris-ylang-ylang combo before and it's beautiful, it has such a gourmand quality that it's enchanting.
The heart brings a different aspect of "Iris Pourpre", there is a bigger focus on patchouli, here it's dirty, earthy and yet also has this chocolat-y quality patchouli sometimes posseses. All in all I have to say it's beautiful.

"Iris Pourpre" is a very feminine altough it does get earthy and bitter in the heart. The drydown is sublime and sweet. Silage is moderate and staying power is very good - around 7 hours on my skin.

I think iris lovers will love this. And also those who don't enjoy iris so much (well, as me, who would have thought I will love iris so much?). Worth the price tag. Amazing and very versatile, suitable for all occasions and seasons. On my wishlist it goes.

antfarm
antfarm

Dark, dusky, powdery, masculine iris--think a patch of irises growing in the middle of a creepy forest being watered by Dementors. Has an aftershavey aroma after about fifteen minutes. It's interesting and has decent lasting power for a perfume from this company.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

My overall impression of this fragrance is PLUM WINE! Given the ingredients, it sounds like a stretch, but that's the feeling I keep getting. Smooth, soft, boozy, a little tart, a little sweet, rich, full-bodied aroma... very very cozy. I like it!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I don’t immediately smell anything resembling iris, but rather an assertive, citrusy, aldehydic opening, presumably the citrus top notes of the chypre accord. These dissipate quickly, leaving behind a sweet, only slightly powdery orris along with some other floral notes. I really don’t smell ylang-ylang as a separate note. Instead, it recedes into the general blend, softening and sweetening it. There’s a little bit of that refried bean scent that’s characteristic of orris, but not too much.

After an hour or so the fragrance sharpens up again, but not in a citrus or aldehydic way. There’s an almost ambergris-like note that shades everything with a golden sparkle. This is the point where the scent really comes into its own, with lovely sillage. In the end, the drydown seems more ambery than mossy, but in any case it’s very good. The scent lasts 6-8 hours on skin, and evolves quite a bit during that time. I like it a lot.

Keiko Mecheri IRIS POURPRE (that's purple iris, not xivwoidvnwob iris...) is a sort of inverted chypre perfume which begins dark and a bit dirty and slowly transforms into a spare, pristine iris solifore as innocent as a newborn child. The evolution of this composition reminds me of a corrupt person who suddenly has an awakening and decides to begin his life all over again, leaving all of his dingy past behind. Old habits die hard, but slowly, over time, he transforms into a new person bearing scant resemblance to the person who did what he once did.

I'm intrigued by the structure of this fragrance, how what would usually be basenotes appear as topnotes and somehow the clean iris prevails in the end. I do find the drydown slightly powdery, but mostly clean. IRIS POURPRE has good staying power and medium sillage, and its unique structure sets it apart from other niche-quality iris perfumes.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

Sunshine, lollipops and ... a touch of oil?

Iris Pourpre is such an utterly warm fragrance that it almost feels deep-fried for the first half or so. Exactly as Kterhark said - "golden" indeed but not always like a flower. Sometimes like a delicious liberty fry.

But what an opening! If this is death by ylang-ylang, I want no other. This perfume is worth it just for that. The iris that follows feels stripped of its aristocracy without the usual massive blast of powder (I detect some though), which you don't often see. I'm not particularly fond of the transition, though, from the opening ylang-ylang to the heart and base of iris - there's a period of ylang-ylang's sweetness superimposing on the reserved iris starting to peek through, and that's not a coherent picture to me.

What I really like about this scent (besides the ylang-ylang!) is that it is natural and unassuming - like most of Keiko Mecheri's creations and unlike most of iris scents. If I could avoid spraying it every five minutes to get a fresh blast of ylang-ylang, I'd get a full bottle in a heartbeat.

Lottis
Lottis

Iris Poupre ... finally I get to try it. Tanks to 'Chandramukhi', she gave me a saple.
These three notes should be so nice together, I thought, surely it is also true but not on my skin :(
On me the development got weird... in an unpleasant salty manner.

ThisIris Poupre will be loved by someone else.

Kterhark
Kterhark

A month ago i was walking through the redwood forest when I came across patches of wild iris. I plucked a flower, gave it a good sniff and was instantly reminded of freshly snapped green beans with a hint of sweetness.

Here it is blended with oily, earthy ylang ylang and it loses the greenbean affect and takes on an almost 'oriental' feel; like a golden, ambery iris.

This is one of my favorite notes and I am very sensitive to cheap, poorly made synthetic versions. This is one I could see myself adding to my collection someday; it's well done.

one thing that surprises me: i'm not getting that powdery, iris dry down. I certainly get this in Citizen Queen, Chamade and l'heure bleue, but not so much here. Again, this is more of a 'golden' iris.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Keiko Mecheri Iris Pourpre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Keiko Mecheri Iris Pourpre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Iris Pourpre by Keiko Mecheri. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Iris Pourpre by Keiko Mecheri represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.