Designers » I-K » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Loukhoum Eau Poudree Keiko Mecheri for women
dislike

almond
Loukhoum Eau Poudree Keiko Mecheri for women Pictures

Loukhoum Eau Poudree is a gourmand version of the original Loukhoum perfume. It is charming, powdery and sugary blend of white rose, orris powder, violet leaf, narcissus, candied almond, Madagascar vanilla and crystalline musk.

Available as 50 ml EDT. Loukhoum Eau Poudree was launched in 2008.

Musk Narcissus Vanille Orris Root Rose Violet Leaf Almond Sugar

Iris Absolute

Loukhoum Eau Poudree Fragrance Reviews

hsheep
hsheep

I find this smells very very close to the original, but as the name suggests it has much more powder added to it. It's not as sweet as the original because of this, which is either nicer or not, depending on how sweet you like your fragrances to go. I prefer the original, as this one goes just a little too powdery on my skin, the powder almost has a dusty quality to it on me. The original worked better with my chemistry.
Medium sillage and lasted 12+ hours, I could still smell it in the morning. Impressive!

turtle91
turtle91

delicious smelling, along the lines of butterscotch or toffee. Not that it totally smell like those two, but the qualities are similar, as in warm, thick, and sweet smell.

born for shalimar
born for shalimar

I had such expectations.mine is the lovely pink bottle.everything was fine till the drydown then cats weewee.iv had this note with another perfume cant remember which but i returned it one of laliques in the square bottle .unclean female.must be my chemistry (not me).all the lovely almond vanille sweetness blown away.i wanted to love it.have ordered mazorelli alexandros which is similar.ilove warm sweet comfort perfume not to goumond plenty of vanille.lutens also have a similar type perfume.i,l have a look at that one.this was expensive.i never realized km was produced in the usa.

Paradelle
Paradelle

I don't like the taste of turkish delight, but this is so delicious to the point where I wish I could drink a bottle. I feel like I've bathed in the powdery residue of candied rosewater.

xrayer
xrayer

This is so pretty, to me all I really get is powder but it manages to be so without being too sweet or cloying which is a difficult thing to achieve when it comes to powdery scents. It is a very soft and delicious skin scent. If I didn't have Guerlain L'instant Magic for my powder fix and this was more realistically priced I might consider it but I think I can live without it for now!

angel6
angel6

this is a very soft powdery almond perfect gourmand lover perfume, beautiful and very well done. It's not for me because I think I'm growing out of this kind of sweet perfumes.

Petticoats
Petticoats

Despite the description, I find this markedly less sweet than the original or even Parfum du Soir. It has a dry quality like iris and is definitely not gourmand on my skin. It's my least favorite of the three Keiko Mecheri Loukhoums. It's also extremely low sillage.

hanson26
hanson26

So despite the name, I actually find this one LESS powdery than the original. The original is a powder bomb, I like it, but it's powder, more powder, and nothing but powder. Now this of course is still very powdery indeed, but I can actually smell some other notes here. I get plenty of sugar for starters. It's sweeeeeet. But not annoyingly sweet (and for comparison, I think La Vie Est Belle and Pink Sugar cross the line and are way too sweet). I get a good amount of almond too and LOTS of rose. Much more than the original, and it's a fresh, dewy rose, not a powdery one. I think it's that fresh rose note that makes me like this so much. I've never actually had a Turkish delight, but this definitely smells like some type of yummy candy to me. It's very pretty, and makes me think of spring.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I'm just doing a side-by-side comparison of this perfume and Montale Sweet Oriental Dream.
These two are extremely similar!
Both being absolutely scrumptious, intensely sweet gourmands with excellent sillage and longevity.
Both versions are gorgeous concoctions of sugary rose, almonds and vanilla.
They just slightly differ from each other. To me Loukhoum Eau Poudree is slightly less sweet due to the addition of violet leaf I think, whereas Sweet Oriental Dream is slightly sweeter due to the honey.
The difference between the two is minimal as I can only tell the difference by doing this side-by-side comparison.
''Must Check Outs'' for every gourmand lover!!
♥♥♥♥♥

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I actually prefer this to the original Loukhoum though both smell delicious. Eau Poudree is like the delicate, dainty, more refined sister to Loukhoum's life of the party ways. If Loukhoum is sticky sweet like the treat it's named after, Eau Poudree is, true to its name, powdery sweet and gentle. It won't stick to your teeth. It's actually light enough that I think it can be worn year round.

If you like gourmands this is a "must try." And if you're on the fence about whether you like them or not, this is worth trying as a prime example of a high quality gourmand.

MirageMirage
MirageMirage

I detect some violet in this one!(?) Completely different from the original Loukhoum.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Oh holy mother of moly do I love this perfume! I've been searching for my "perfect almond" and I've found it!
When I sprayed this on I smelled a very sugary powder puff almond with a hint of rose and something a little fresh like grass (violet leaf). It's got some vanilla throw into the powdery sweetness as well.
The original loukhoum is much more heavy than this with a very pronounced honey note making it sticky sweet like powdered gooey melty candy. (Might sound like I'm trying to diss it, I'm not I have it and love it!) Loukhoum eau poudre smells more like sugared almonds rolled around in vanilla talcum powder in a pastel pink colored room. Roses in a vase right next to the powdered nuts that you can clearly smell without it over taking the fragrance.
Loukhoum eau poudre is extremely feminine and delicate. For perfect, pretty, and powdered almond it is the right choice!

citadel
citadel

I went into the shop looking for something a little heavier than Chloe by Chloe but way lighter than Shalimar or Coco (my three most used fragrances), and ended up purchasing this. It's definitely sweet, but the powder note keeps it from becoming too sharp and sticky. That being said, it is ridiculously girly--definitely conjuring up whipped pastels and soft clouds of sugar. It's light enough that I can wear it to the office, but it's unique enough to not be a nondescript "work" scent. I live in a warmer climate, but don't think that this would feel out of place sprayed on a snuggly sweater in the winter time for all you folks in the colder regions.

Overall, I love this! The longevity is great (could still easily smell it on my wrists after an 8 hour work day), the price isn't too scary, and it really is beautiful.

EDIT: One thing to add: I wish they hadn't changed the bottle! The original coloring of the glass was so perfect for this scent. The new bottle looks too similar to the Poison line by Dior and is aesthetically at odds with the actual scent. Too bad.

Aysu
Aysu

powdery sweet miracle, not a baby powder type, but full of sophistication and feminine tones.. Excellent staying power & excellent sillage, hard to believe that this is supposed to be a milder version of Loukhoum, i was expexting a light and airy scent but i am pleasently surprised. i wore this to the office today and received compliments from 4 male colleagues and a from customer, he wrote down its name to buy for his wife, he also said "this doesnt smell like something i can find in duty free" wow! was not expecting such a spot on comment from a male.. It really smells different

bunny.temper
bunny.temper

I just bought the pink bottle from The Scent Bar. I love this. It smells like cotton candy, almond, vanilla. It suits me as I love Acqua di parma mandarlo and Comptoir had a Vanilla Almond scent at one time But this combination dries down to a sweet powdery fragrance on my skin.

stacia79
stacia79

This fragrance is supposed to smell similar to Turkish delight, which is a candy I have never tasted. What it smells (tastes?)like to me is a cross between the rose tinged ice-water served at Middle Eastern restaurants and those old-fashioned violet candies. There is definitely some almond in there as well. It is very sweet and powdery. A girly perfume, the kind you might wear lounging around the house after a bath.

nicolastoll
nicolastoll

This is an absolutely gorgeous scent! I can't wait to finally wear this in spring and summer again.
I love oriental fragrances, but some of them, especially the ones that are heavy on vanilla and almond, can become too overpowering and impossible to wear in hot and humid weather.

But "Loukhoum Eau Poudree" has an almond-y, feathery light sweetness with just the right amount of green notes provided by the violet leafs and narcissus, making it appear ever so fresh and almost breezy as opposed to just cloyingly and heavily sweet.
And this nifty composition stays on my skin as it is, for hours. It has polite sillage as well.
It's nothing groundbreaking, but definitely a very, very well blended feminine and classy "feel good" frag! Love this!

Blimunda
Blimunda

Although the notes suggest quite strong and sweet composition, I wore this fragrance last summer and it used to be wonderful even on the extremely high temperature!

There is nothing more to say about it than to underline one more time this is authentic smell or taste :D however you like, of traditional Turkish Delight. It resembles a lot SL Rahat Loukoum and Sweet Oriental Dream although Mecheri Loukhoum is more on the almond side, while SOD is dominant honey perfume.

Cereza
Cereza

Turkish delight has never been "my thing", so I wasn't expecting much when I first tried Loukhoum Eau Poudre, especially because I had tried the "Loukhoum" before and did not enjoy it at all.
I certainly like this version better than the original. This is extremely sweet, but the sweetness is not dominating the scent. Powder does that here. It is with no doubt very powdery and it does have the strange old lipstick quality to it, which, as I know, many people love in their fragrance, but unfortunately not me.

Even though I did not enjoy this, my husband loved it on my wrist and he is rather picky. Worth a try.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Holy diabetic shock! I didn't expect this to be so sweet! This is really like wearing candy...a fluffy pink confection. It reminds me of eating alot of pink divinity or something like that. Pink divinity rolled up in tons of powder. I really didn't know how to feel about this perfume at first but it is growing on me.

Longevity and sillage are good and I do get a little floral in the drydown. I may get a FB...this is a fun one for Saturdays!

Hayven
Hayven

I had the chance to get a sample of this. I find Insolence nice but too powdery for me; this perfume is a toned down version of Insolence and is "just right". I just put a tiny dab on each wrist and it went a long way; my coworker said, "You smell like a clean baby! I love it!" It does have an expensive baby powder smell to it. The drydown is a delicious rose-tinged sugar.

jacoanna
jacoanna

It 'smells amazing, wonderful, playful, for barbies! I'm looking for a bottle in swap or to buy. Please let me know if you have!

AveParfum

So glad you love your Loukhoum Eau Poudree kris143max! ;) Great review! KM's Loukhohums can surely make one feel manic, lol!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

In the movie Empire Records there is this song Sugar High. That's where I am right now. Thank you to JazzBirdSinger for the bottle and thank you my dear sweetnspicey for recommending this! I am not bipolar but this has done something to my psyche and I do believe I am in a manic phase in the most joyful exhilatered way! This is like solidified rose water with a dash of sugared violets! I can't stop with the exclamation marks! My friend buys me back lebanese loukhoum and this makes me feel as happy inside as I get eating the sweets! I haven't tried the original so no comment there but this is amazing stuff. Pink sugar although pleasant does nothing for me. This scent however is in a league of its own. It's not just sugary sweet, it's deeper than that but not complex like the old Guerlains. This tells no story but sends you down the rabbit hole with the first spray. For those who need some sugar in their day, I would get a bottle of this. A puff and it's "puff the magic dragon!" it's got amazing sillage but I will have to add a comment later on its longevity, however looking at other reviews, I doubt that would be a problem. All in all a perfect ten for this sexy pouty sugar baby!
Edit: this lasted a good 12 hours and counting of smoked up sugar!

Soft Cells
Soft Cells

What perfume yum yum, that harmony! It may be heavy, but it is well structured: the sweet notes are mitigated by the green component that allow to wear without looking like he had a liaison with a turkish pastry. Avoid if you have diabetes, and always to be dosed carefully.

AveParfum

Loukhoum with even more powder! Wow, I didn't realize it was possible! Loukhoum Eau Poudree certainly lives up to its name and completely fulfills all expectations. If you are a lover of violet, I would highly recommend this perfume. It's a mouthwatering combination of violet and almond, rolled in powdered sugar. A true confection! A supreme gourmand fragrance! Imagine Turkish Delight with violet taking the place of rose.

It reminds me of L'Occitane's Delice des Fleurs, but this one packs more of a punch. Loukhoum Eau poudree is double the price, but the perfume is doubly superior.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

The violet leaf (sharp, green, and waxy) is too pronounced on my skin, overshadowing the lovely sweet notes of vanilla, sugar, almond, and rose. Unfortunately, the violet leaf lasts until the fragrance has almost entirely faded away (about 5 hours), when Loukhoum Eau Poudree finally becomes a sweet, powdery delight. The orris root stays in the background, but I personally could do without it. It felt a little dusty to me! This scent is better suited to chemistries that can handle violet leaf!

If my skin amplified more of the powderiness and sweetness, I would find it perfect! I also like the pretty aroma it left on my sleeve, where the violet leaf was not detectable.

Breath fashion
Breath fashion

It smells like baby powder and vanilla . But dont like it enough to buy

jazmam
jazmam

Gorgeos fragrance, I too prefer the poudre version... leave a not as sweet smell, and I have to say for the light fruity semi sweet kind of fragrance it lasts a very long time. So it's more expensive, but i really do feel like it's worht it... actually a decent value. And I love the new keiko mecheri bottles... so quant :)

tigerhearted
tigerhearted

I really hate this at the beginning. It's like I've poufed myself in the face with baby powder, ugh!

After a few minutes, it tones down to vanilla'd baby powder.

After about 30 minutes, it starts to remind me of Conaffetto. The almond, vanilla, and sugar start to dominate instead of the baby powder (though it never quite loses the baby powder completely), and rather than Conaffetto's orange blossom, you have the rose.

You could probably use this as an affordable alternative to Conaffetto. It lacks Conaffetto's delicate heavenliness, but the main notes on the dry-down are very similar -- if you can get past the baby powder.

jaa456
jaa456

I am so glad I waited to try Loukhoum Eau Poudree before purchasing Loukhoum. Eau Poudree is so much more interesting and feminine. Equally as addictive and more forgiving to being over sprayed.

Great longevity, too.

The white powders continue to proliferate with Keiko Mecheri LOUKHOUM EAU POUDREE, which adds a baby powder note plus more flour into the already sugary-alkaloid mix of LOUKHOUM. Initially, I thought that the baby powder note was not a good idea, but then it simply disappeared, ceding to a slightly less sugary but just as alkaloid composition which I find somehow irresistibly appealing, strangely enough. Or perhaps not, given my belief that these compositions do indeed contain a mystery alkaloid compound which may explain how I managed to use my entire 2.5ml sample of LOUKHOUM last night and my entire 2.5ml sample of LOUKHOUM EAU POUDREE today. Looks like a serious addiction is taking shape...

I actually think that these compositions are great, and I am surprised at the naysayers. Perhaps they were laboring under the false assumption that loukhoum was oud? Far from it, in fact, loukhoum could only form the basis of a gourmand composition, the only questions being: "Are the notes of high quality and blended together pleasingly?" and "Do these creations offer something not already available?" "Yes" and "Yes" are the answers selon moi. My journey through the land of loukhoum therefore continues...

floof
floof

This was my favorite of the loukhoums, my second favorite being Parfum du Soir. Theres something about this that is much more wearable than the others, it is extremely potent and long lasting. This is the only sweet fragrance i have that i would say has excellent lasting power, most fade very quickly on me. I love the powdered violet and the rose jammy scent with sugared almonds.... But it still has an almost green quality. It seems like the ideal fragrance for a pin up girl, flirtatious but innocent, powdery and very sweet. Also the bottle is iridescent green/pink/peach and it is so pretty, one of my favorite bottles ive ever had, the picture does it no justice at all. Price is reasonable at $80 for 50 ml- you really only need one spray and you are set for the whole day+ as this lasts for at least 15 hours on my skin and weeks on cloth (if you spray a few sprays). This is the only perfume I only use one spray of, despite me liking very potent perfumes, this is EXTREMELY strong if used liberally. The most fragrant and long lasting of the loukhoums, with the addition of violet, which I love.
this is one to try before you buy.
The strength of it is a little intimidating, or lovely to people like me who love STRONG fragrances. This is honestly the longest lasting sweet fragrance I have ever tried (thousands).

update
it has been a few years now and i still love this one, but i love the concentrated parfum de soir more now. i find this one less wearable now than soir and a lot less addictive. i still totally love it, and this one has one of my favorite bottles in my entire collection. much more floral than the concentrate. very much so worth trying, this comes down to personal taste and not quality.

Gosha
Gosha

There is very romantic, rosy, feminine, powdery feel in this lovely sweet fragrance. Quite addictive, easy little luxury. The combination of almonds, vanilla and sugar (and cherries or something that creates "cherry-like" impression), makes it very gourmand indeed. It is kind of innocently gourmand though and lightly flowery, all in all very appealing. I would wear it if I wanted to feel really girly. Floaty summer skirts and wavy hair. :-)

njdeb
njdeb

Starts out strongly like baby powder and almonds (a sweet cherried almond, like in the original Jergens Lotion). As it evolves, I pick up a sweet vanilla creaminess that seems to me sort of tropical (pineapple or coconut maybe?). Dust this confection with lightly sugared violet and rose petals, and you get Loukhoum Eau Poudre.

As I have a hard time with the combination of powder and almond, I don't think this scent is for me. If these notes appeal to you, though, this is a very well done soft, powdery, not too sweet gourmand that you would probably love. Sillage and longevity are very good.

Lottis
Lottis

Now I have tried both 'Loukhoum' and 'Loukhoum Eau Poudree' ... and I prefer this Poudree. It is not as disruptive powdery sweet, a little lighter, more floral than the original Loukhoum.
Very feminine, innocently seductive.

Moyra
Moyra

Insanely enough for a fragrance named "Eau Poudree", Loukhoum Eau Poudree("powdery water" in English) is much less heavy on the powder and much, much prettier than either the original Loukhoum or the Parfum du Soir version.
Loukhoum Eau Poudree is still undoubtedly a sister of the other two Keiko Mecheri Loukhoums, but the rose, narcissus and maybe even the violet leaf add a little acid note to the sweetness that is perfection itself. This Loukhoum is incredibly pretty and feminine, as well as totally unique. In its own subset of gourmand fragrances, I would consider Loukhoum Eau Poudree well nigh peerless.
The first half hour or so after application is similar to the other Loukhoums, but when the magic develops, the gourmand, "Oh my goodness...Delicious!" aspect of this scent takes over and makes you feel ultra feminine, ultra pretty and more than a little edible.
Its truly wonderful, really magical and ever so full bottle worthy as a secret indulgence and an evening perfume.

Note that of all three Loukhoums, Eau Poudree is the only eau de toilette, yet its lasting power earns it a 9/10 (10 hours and then some!), its sillage is a lovely 8/10 and all around, its unique and delicious prettiness earns it a 9/10 in my little book of scents.

Fabulous and very highly recommended to grown up gourmand lovers!

PS: Because the powdery Orris root note does take a little getting used to, I also recommend testing Loukhoum Eau Poudree from a spray. The Posh Peasant (not affiliated, bought my Eau Poudree there, though) has them.

teddito
teddito

Very delicious, lighter "luokhoum", appropriate for summertime.
It is more powdery and less sweet, very very tender and feminine.
The staying power and sillage are pretty good.