Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Peau de Peche Keiko Mecheri for women

Peau de Peche Keiko Mecheri for women
dislike

Peau de Peche by Keiko Mecheri is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Peau de Peche was launched in 2002. The fragrance features sandalwood, powdery notes, orris, musk, white peach, amber and woody notes.

Sandalwood Powdery Notes Orris Musk White Peach Amber Woody Notes

Collection Rouge No1
Souffle Sauvage
Peut-Etre (La Collection Fragrances)
Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal

Peau de Peche Fragrance Reviews

Spaztic
Spaztic

I do find this one to be really pleasant and I think that Peach Skin is a good name for it. It sweet, light and friendly.
I wouldn't say that it's a true to life peach, but more the idea of a peach (as in peach flavoured).
So even though I find this pleasant and if someone bought it for me I would wear it and use it up, I would not buy it myself. The BF said it smells like conditioner for your hair and he's right. I like the smell of conditioner but I'm not about to pay $100+ for it. I feel like I could get something similar from a nice peach body spray and save myself about $80-$90

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

strong fruit and green/soapy tinge. after about an hour, it softened up a lot to a warm, fruity powderyness. Peau de Peche is pleasant and pretty, but i don't know if i like it enough to purchase it.

scented2014
scented2014

in the opening it's really a smell of peach skin,so feminine and delicate. after a while it turns into Amaretto fragrance. i love both fresh peaches and amaretto, therefore i find this perfume particularly delicious!

Lana148
Lana148

Musky peach.

Opening - delicious powdery peach. Dry down - light, warm, woody-musky and slightly peachy scent. You really have to be into musk fragrances to like this.

This is very easy, comfortable fragrance. I like that it isn't sweet and cloying. Nice.

TheFrenchMistress
TheFrenchMistress

This is a deceptively simple compostion. The fragrance opens with a beautiful peach and apricot jam, one made with very little sugar. Underneath this there is soon discernable a mixture of sweet-peach and black-cherry pipe tobacco, quite syrupy and dark and dense like aged fruitcake, though nothing like as full-on as some of the more baroque offerings from Oncle Serge. Gradually this segues into a serene, milky, sandalwood-spicy heart which I find utterly entrancing, and all the while the jam and the fruity tobacco persist in the background. Eventually some slightly fruity white musks take over and persist well into next day.

One of these white musks used is a very interesting one: it's sweet, pretty, nose-tingling and soaring here in Peau de Pêche, and also in Chanel's outstanding Cologne, and it is very similar to the predominant musk in L'Artisan's Mûre et Musc. However, its hint of the vaguely scatalogical becomes more noticeable at higher concentrations such as as in Mugler's Cologne (the best way I can describe it is how fleece of the cheap blanket / polyester hiking-jacket variety smells when it's just been washed and dried, which is to say of fresh washing powder along with a hint of sweet vomit… you'll either nod in agreement here, or think I'm totally bonkers, depending on how your nose reacts to notoriously quixotic synthetic musks).

Anyway, to sum up, this perfume is just lovely, and works well in any weather. In the heat the fruitiness is jammy but tart and refreshing and the musk is uplifting, while in cooler months the spicier, warmer notes are more prominent, wrapping the wearer in a surprisingly rich, fruity, creamy goodness. Either way it could not be further from the hackneyed fruity-floral creations that have taken over the world's department-store fragrance counters – it's a woody musk with top notes of tangy, grown-up fruit. Heartily recommended.

acmetee
acmetee

This pretty little dish has become my new best friend and role model. She's so cool and confident and powerfully sexy, yet manages to be warm and welcoming and extremely feminine. She's the perfect woman in my opinion. She can take a sweaty hike through muddy woods and then clean up and slip on something nice and go out on the town. The best I can do is to smell like her- dewy unripe white peaches that last through the dry down which includes a fresh powdery plant muskiness. Almost as if the peaches along with their leaves were given as a gift in a cedar chest that contained an amberd sachet. Funny to think, when we first met we did not get along well at all!

diamondkite
diamondkite

I want to smell like this all of the time - natural, almost ripe peachy green. Then add a touch of powder. This is one of the most smooth, natural and delightful fragrances I have come across. Love.

MarillaV
MarillaV

Where I live, we produce much of the produce for the rest of the country. I am pretty familiar with cycle of growth and death and re-birth that occurs over countless seasons. This perfume captures that perfect moment of real spring. White peaches are a different sort of fruit, blossoming and maturing before their yellow cousins. They are often ready in spring, before the full and heavy days of summer. As a result, they are less sweet, more green and can be slightly bitter on the skin before you reach the flesh.

Peau de Peche is an homage to that fruit. The fruit that does not give up its richness easily. You smell the fuzzy peach skin, rich with promise, yet slightly tannic and sharp. You bite in and are greeted with a delicate, floral sweetness with an edge of green. This marvelous peach nectar lingers on you, but it is never heavy or overdone. As the perfume dries down, the woodiness of the peach tree makes an appearance, finishing the illusion of a peach orchard.

A glorious and beautiful work of art by Keiko Mecheri. It cannot be easy to get the effect of peach and never lose the green notes. I find it a triumph of modern perfumery. The overall effect is not loud, but subtle. I don't mind as I get consistent wafts over a good 6 hours. I don't need to always have a huge cloud of fragrance that follows me. This would be a great choice for the discerning perfume lover who works in an office environment or other place where loud perfumes are not appropriate.

silviaci
silviaci

Orchid84 made the best review for this one. I personally adore KM, but among her numerous (maybe too numerous) creations this is not one I favor.
I get a soft powdery peach with very low sillage and feeble longevity. I get a bit too much musk of the musty type and this is kind of disturbing.

kayley123
kayley123

This opens with slightly sharp, bitter peach for the first few minutes and dries down to juicier peach and sweet powder for the middle, which lasts a couple hours...then dries down further to peachy musk with powdery, slightly bitter iris after about 4 hours.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a delightfully intimate, soft peach scent. Peau de Peche is not the scent of a juicy, yellow peach, fresh from the orchard. It's more the scent of a white peach, still slightly green and under-ripe. It is primarily about the scent of peach skin, not the fruit...the name "Peau de Peche" is fitting.

This is nowhere near as juicy as something like Jo Malone’s Nectarine Blossom & Honey. It’s not exceedingly powdery, but there’s just a hint of powder to mimic the soft fuzziness of peach skin under your nose. My personal preference is for the juicy, sunny quality of Nectarine Blossom & Honey, but this is nonetheless a great scent for those seeking a gentle, understated peach.

esteban747
esteban747

The opening is fabulous, almost like a bubbly fizzy bellini!
Then it becomes sweeter with some clean powdery notes. At this point it smells a little too artificial, like a 'celebrity fragrance'.
The sweet powder keeps growing turning the whole thing into a cotton candy perfume, the peach is still there (somewhere) but (imagine) it's covered in caramel.
This is probably one of those scents where less is more, and probably people around you will move far from you.
It's quite sticky and again, artificial.
The dry down is more neutral and earthy, probably the best part of this fragrance.

antfarm
antfarm

Very lovely and flirtatious, but not very strong or long-lasting. An unsweet peach that smells more watery and juicy than candied or dessert-like. Reminds me of a peach-colored feather--it just sort of tickles me but fades away quickly. Almost more like a body spray, but with high-quality ingredients.

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

On my skin this opens as a can of Del Monte NO SUGAR ADDED sliced peaches packed in water. It's as sweet as the fruit actually is with no added sugar or artificial sweetener. That being said, it's still pretty sweet. LOL. Another case of me not wanting to smell like my food. It's a nice yummy peach. Just a tad of fuzzy musk in the drydown. Less offensively sweet than an over the top gourmand sugary-vanillic peach, but not my cup of tea. If you like fresh peach, you might enjoy this one. It's pretty and fresh, as peachy scents go.

Keiko Mecheri PEAU DE PECHE is one of the most accurately named perfumes I've ever encountered. Yes, this is the scent of a ripe, unsliced peach. Even the texture is captured in this composition, as there is a warm fuzziness to PEAU DE PECHE. Wearing this creation immediately conjures up in my mind the image of a reddish-orange peach with shades of gray on its edges caused by the fuzz.

Although the peachiness is central, this is a far cry from some of the more popular peach perfumes, including Lancôme TRESOR, Lalique LALIQUE, and Aramis TUSCANY PER DONNA. In this Keiko Mecheri creation there is no syrup present whatsoever, with the result (happy to some...) that the cloying quality of many other peach creations is entirely absent.

I imagine that TRESOR is the best-selling peach perfume of all time, but for some it is too tattoo-like and sweet. For those people, looking for a true peach but with no sugar added, I highly recommend PEAU DE PECHE, a gorgeous and well-made perfume. That said, because fruit notes are so finicky (many of them do not work on my skin, and see the reviews by naysayers, below), it would be a good idea to try before you buy, even if you are a peach fanatic. (-;

serchina
serchina

Peach? Really? Ok..I get some fruitiness, but a real peach?? I dont thinks so guys!
I am not a fan of peach note believe me, but in Peau de Peche this note turns to an interesting anise note on my skin and also on my clothes. Am I the only one who get anise from PdP? Maybe its the combination with the other notes I dont know, but whatever it is I love it :))
If someone would tell me this is the only fragrance I could wear during a whole summer, I would love to wear it.
This is the first perfume with peach that I adore..

pb0330
pb0330

this is very powdery peach. it is nice but i think it leans towards the younger side a bit. i did like it and would wear it occasionally, but not as a signature scent.

isabella211
isabella211

Okay, so I really can't believe I haven't reviewed this gorgeous perfume yet. It once was the closest thing to being my signature scent, before I finally for the most part committed to one, but after I got pregnant, the scent was absolutely nauseating to me(please note, NOT the perfumes fault, obviously).

Now, I am back to it, reserving it for only the most beautiful of days, and all I can really do is sum its character up into 3 words: elegant(the strongest word for this masterpiece), beautiful and ultra-feminine. The peche is to die for and honestly, no peach fragrance will ever come close to this perfect concoction. No sickly sweetness or nasty bo smell here, that too many peach perfumes result in. Just pure, grown up, confidant peach (which I'm sure is heavily influenced by the orris powder).

I'm so happy I can wear this again, because she truly is one of the most beautiful fragrances ever made. She's not sexy, she's not intoxicating, she's just irresistibly gorgeous. The woman that wears this perfume evokes class, mystery(because she NEVER gives it all away), and elegance.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Not peachy enough for me! This is another niche creation which smells like a 'Lush' product. It's nice, simple clean and ethereal with a slight fruitiness but no lusciousness, which is what I was looking for in a scent costing this much. Sillage and longevity were both pleasant, but limp.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

A gentle, ethereal peach smell, not strong and not sickly sweet, but with a powdery element which makes it very soft and feminine. Long-lasting on my skin. A much appreciated change from the artificial fruits around these days. It is hauntingly lovely. 10/10

jaa456
jaa456

Simple, fresh peach! I can't believe what a beautiful peach this is. Like a fresh firm peach, not syrupy or artificial. The drydown is earthy and vaguely peachy, very close to the skin. The staying power is awesome.

Cereza
Cereza

Marvelous peaches! I loved it from the first sniff, but there is something that went a bit wrong when the perfume started to develope. The thing that happened is that I start to get this powdery, oldschool feeling which reminds me a lot of old lipstick. And this is not what I'd like to smell on my wrist, but I can easily see this working on other skin, for me it's just not it. Will have to search for my peach craving somewhere else.

shoreshells
shoreshells

Tested a sample of this fragrance and was very surprised! It smells very fresh of peaches at first, nice and juicy! Then shortly after the opening it smells a much softer fading peach; but still maintains a fresh orchid scent. I think I really like it because it isn't strong, not sickly sweet, or overly fruity, for me it's just right (or should I say, ripe)!

floof
floof

A lovely, white peach thats sweet and powdery. I originally purchased this to create the ultimate peach scent by mixing it with Peche Cardinal Eau de Parfum by Parfums MDCI- which is a much richer, different peach scent. I have also found it layers beautifully with vanillas and Miss Marisa by Ebba. It is probably my favorite of the bunch, but I love to blend this one with other fragrances because it is pretty linear and uncomplicated. It is a close call, which peach scent is best, but I do think this comes out the winner! It is a joy to wear alone, too. Miss Marisa by Ebba is more of a juicy peach at a lower cost, I would suggest sampling any of these that sound interesting to you on your peach quest!

On me the fruit does dominate. The peach is tart and slightly green and the other notes lend it a perfume-y aspect, keeping if from smelling foody. Very pretty peach fragrance with okay lasting power on my skin

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

I must agree with Mals86 that what little peach there is to smell it was gone after only 1 hour by me...and I had used an ORIGINAL perfumery sample of the EDP version..so maybe in The Guide they d used the perfume.. anyway I had one hour pleasure from the powdery velvety peach skin..nice but not great in my nose

libertybelle
libertybelle

This is not overly peachy. It's not like a freshly sliced peach with a bit of powder. But more like powder and sandalwood with a bit of peach. It does remind me of an older fragrance I just can't place. Good sillage. I applied just a tiny bit and it lasted. It's elegant.

Mals86
Mals86

I enjoy peach fragrances very much and was excited to try Peau de Peche. With that name, I expected it to be very soft and powdery, and cling close to the skin. However, I did not expect to be unable to smell it. I only have a dabber sample vial, and I used about half of it in one application (I typically don't use that much). I do smell a soft peach, and there are some very faint powdery florals underneath it, but I simply cannot smell anything else. The very, very faint skin scent does last for hours, but it does not radiate on me at all, and no one can smell it on me unless I stick my wrist up their nose.

Perfumes: The Guide recommends this fragrance, claiming that it lasted through 2 days including showers, so your experience might be different. What little I could smell was very lovely.

lilith
lilith

This little gem reminds me of a bowl of ripe peaches sitting on an oriental sandlewood table. This blend of exotic timber and fruit is intoxicating yet in a delicate way. Imagine walking into a high priced Japanese restaurant with its elegant tables and handmade tableware of exquisite pottery and lacquered chopsticks decorated with bowls of fresh orchard fruits and opulent cushions. As you elegantly waft in on a cloud of muted musk you are, of course wearing your most refind kimono.

Peau de Peche by Keiko Mecheri 4.16 out of 5 based on 160 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Keiko Mecheri Peau de Peche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Keiko Mecheri Peau de Peche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Peau de Peche by Keiko Mecheri. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Peau de Peche by Keiko Mecheri represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.