Designers » I-K » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Kenneth Cole Black for Men Kenneth Cole for men
dislike

I have it: 595 I had it: 240 I want it: 223 My signature: 18

ozonic
Kenneth Cole Black for Men Kenneth Cole for men Pictures Kenneth Cole Black for Men Kenneth Cole for men Pictures

Kenneth Cole Black for Men by Kenneth Cole is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Kenneth Cole Black for Men was launched in 2003. Kenneth Cole Black for Men was created by Harry Fremont and Sabine De Tscharner. Top notes are ginger, mandarin orange, basil and water mint; middle notes are nutmeg, incense, cedar, lotus and exotic woods; base notes are amber, musk, violet leaf and suede.

Ginger Mandarin Orange Basil Water Mint

Nutmeg Incense Cedar Lotus Exotic Woods

Amber Musk Violet Leaf Suede

Kenneth Cole Black for Men Fragrance Reviews

spray_and_pray
spray_and_pray

Decent scent unless you desire longevity and sillage. This scent is good for any 20 and older and is unoffensive. The only problem is the weak longevity (1hour tops) and the weak projection. I picked this up along with Vintage Black (which I would prefer over the original) in a X-Mas gift set after xmas for stupid cheap. Best way to blind buy fragrances is to get gift sets after X-Mas on clearance at stores like Wal-Mart fyi for any new collectors. I picked this up for $6 on clearence so I can't be upset about performance. I would not recommend blind buying a full priced bottled. Bottom line, good for new collectors but not great for anyone with more fragrance experience and more cash for better juices

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

This is a well-composed, reserved but sophisticated fragrance appropriate for an upscale night out (ballet, formal dinner etc.)A little bit citrusy although the water mint and lotus give it a somewhat unique aquatic feel. There is a distinct suede note in this. It's not as spicy or incensey as the notes suggest, so keep that in mind. Overall, I quite like it.

smellavision
smellavision

So, is it black? Nope! Oh, maybe it's a nighttime fragrance ? Nope! Whatever the meaning behind the name and design, this is a great fresh sweet minty flowery (must be the lotus blossom) smell. At first it reminded me of Kenzo's Homme Boisee/Woody (must be the basil/mint mix), but Cole's version is sweeter, more powerful and amazingly still keeping it fresh. A very fine spring or even summer fragrance with decent sillage and good longevity - give it a whirl!
Oh, and don't be surprised by the 30 ml/1oz bottle. When you first unbox it, it looks like an owergrown travel spray. Fortunately it comes in a heavy quality glass bottle with a design that you won't have to be ashamed of.

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

Another common fragrance, nothing great, nothing special about this one..... nice bottle though !

daynierds
daynierds

when applied top notes are quite irrelevant and yes..SYNTHETIC....after...a few minutes you can start to feel the woodsy notes...pencil smell type of notes which is not that bad or great! I do not get the comparisons to bleu de chanel...and in any case..this last one smells better by far...not a bad option given the price-quality analysis...nothing ground-breaking though!

esteban747
esteban747

On my skin it opens very green, almost like grass then it turns more herbal, first basil and then a chill breeze of mint. Underneath all a hidden note of spicy ginger.
After that it settles for a more quiet incense and musk, but not loud. I get the image of a quiet temple in the middle of a remote place. But that's not all, something brings new life to the composition, a sort of floral note that mingles with the woods and greens. It stays on the skin leaving a final clean scent, very pleasant.
So, yes, like many other reviewers I was also surprised by KC Black. Expecting a somber, heavy fragrance instead of this wonderful ode to spring and the outdoors. I highly recommend it, especially for young men who wants to try something more sophisticated (yet easy to wear) than a typical "sport" and "safe" fragrance.

Oposai
Oposai

What a delicious scent. It starts off very fruity and tones down to a fresh spicy. I get the ginger, a bit of musk and incense, and amber. Sexy scent for every occassion, any season. Clean and bright, but in a special way, not like other fresh scents. "Black" is not the right name for the fragrance, but it got me into testing it so kudos for that. Presentation is rather simplistic and it shows in the price. Cheap, smells amazing, a must have for collectors.8/10.

jashank_p
jashank_p

Kenneth Cole Black is not really a "black" fragrance. Its kind of citrusy and slightly fruity, but spicy at the same time.

This has been my signature fragrance since more than a year now!

Silage is good, but not all that great. Lasts pretty long.

kl99
kl99

Even if this fragrance after a superficially listen can be easily classified under a classic, easy to wear, or "like hundreds of that kind": this is not.

K.C. Black is Special.

A rare perfect balance of fighting notes that settles in a magic dark luminescent composition.
As many people says probably Black is not the appropriate name: ASPHALT could be.

Compressed by zesty and astringent notes of hesperides, ginger and others freshness, I can feel sentors of rubber, asphalt, coffe, garbage, coal, dark sugar, and all those contrasts that make this fragrance marvellously dirty and clean and almost gourmand.. something you want bite.

I say this fragrance is a perfect ideal summer between the arms of a naked man.

Definitely a Masterpiece.

lvxifer
lvxifer

very modern,quite boring and synthetic fragrance.fresh,fruity(fortunately non sweet) with little bit incense, suede musky drydown(gorgeous) .i really enjoy this,but name "black" is only marketing joke.maybe grey?however my new favourite daily routine fragrance.performance is above average,bottle is nice paperwight.

Rod1969
Rod1969

Theres nothing black about this..should be called blue. Smells fruity and fresh to me and and remains that way from the get go. I realy cant smell any incense.

Suited to day time IMO, and it lasts a while with fair projection. Not a stand out but its good for a change.

Also, shop around for this one, I paid $29 at chemist then saw it at another chemist, just up the road, and they were asking $125 True.

I think its worth 30 but not 125.

maio2012
maio2012

Very wearable is a good definition. I am in the end of a 50 ml bottle and, although I liked this a lot, have no intention to replace it in my collection.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

Definitely wearable! Has been played out but would not mind adding this to my collection.

7/10 overall for versatility.

estewart51
estewart51

Not one of my favorites but definitely wearable on many occasions. Very powerful top notes but I actually really like what it becomes. The musk really fades and you're left with something really calm and slightly sweet.

And an A+++ on affordability.

Okay so I was expecting good things from this as the only other Kenneth Cole fragrance I've tried is Reaction and in my opinion it's excellent.
My high hopes weren't dashed either, this is yet another fruity/musk combo which is fresh and smells really good as I'm a totally sucker for mandarin notes.
I was expecting something darker, spicier, woodier maybe? and smokey too from a name like 'Black' and some of the reviews here but this is light and uplifting for me.
I wish I got some incense or smoke but I just didn't.
It's just a pleasant fruity/woody/musk scent and was actually very pleasing to my nose but even more fleeting than Reaction in that the longevity was poor on my skin.
Maybe it requires another try to get more of the other qualities of this scent but all together a nice smelling scent.

theXRC
theXRC

Have had this about a year now. I absolutely love it, but only for certain occasions. Basically evenings, any season. I have tried wearing this in the morning and it doesn't work for me. It is however, one of the best damn colognes I have ever smelled.

Hard to describe this one...it's dark and bright at the same time. Dirty and fresh at the same time. Mysterious. The best "date night" cologne I've ever had. My wife likes all of my colognes (not allowed to buy ones she doesn't like lol) but, I think this is her favorite. Two thumbs way up!

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

This is a typical designer fragrance, yes. BUT, this has a little more "Umphhh" to it.

This is unique in the way that it can either be bright and energetic or it can be bright and warm.

It has a soapy white musk vibe which makes it either extremely fresh or extremely fresh AND warm.

At first spray I get from what I assume is the mandarin. It also smells tropical like a papaya or grapefruit. The mint is noticeable but barely. Just enough to add depth. Next comes the incense/white musk combo. This is the aromatic fresh soapy smell.

Its definitely soapy with depth.

Nik604
Nik604

Hi there,
I was expecting a nice fragrance, according to the most of the reviews, but I must say -I'm deeply impressed. It is a very mysterious and fresh.., and also sensual, playful. There is no synthetics inside, just fresh peeled tangerines in the opening and pure smell of winter evening.Smell of smoke and woods.
Agree that is all year round fragrance, but there is a night touch for me...There is something dark, evokes a night time games with your female target, somewhere behind the corner of the street. It's manly enough and lasts 7 hours on my skin.
A Mood Lifter -))

jdfarley
jdfarley

Very sophisticated, modern, and well crafted fragrance from Kenneth Cole. In my opinion the best fragrance from this house. Good for warm weather evening use. Fruity and woody, but a rather austere fragrance. A good no-nonsense fragrance when you want to want to be taken seriously. In my wardrobe this is my quintessential going-out on the town fragrance.

mikkov26
mikkov26

Really nice in a fresh way. Kenneth Cole Black smells like pure mandarin/orange on my skin. The other notes I get from this are mint which is quite strong and there for sure. I can notice a little ginger and incense too.

Black is best as a summer fragrance because it's very fresh and the mandarin/orange note is not synthetic, it's really like fresh fruits and makes it different from all the generic citrus scents.

Kenneth Cole Black is not a dark evening scent at all like the bottle suggests and I like it differs from the other citrus frag bottles which usually are blue or light colored. Even though I said that Black is best as a summer scent I like to use it all year round because it's very refreshing and makes me feel energetic.

I think this one is 9 out of 10 for me, very good indeed and worth a try at least.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

This fragrance is magnificent... A sharp/citrus manly smell. Compliments from everywhere, but doesn't last that long and sillage is nothing special.

It was my signature scent for years until I discovered Encre Noir, and it still could be No.1 if they figured out how to make it last. I would glady pay 3x the price if it lasted 3x as long.

Anyway, I've never been one for 'musky' scents, so I love this one... Nothing out there has the same smooth/sharp 'punch' as KC Black.

It' relatively cheap, and has an excellent smell.

A no-brainer.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: average
LONGEVITY: average
SMELL: Excellent
VALUE FOR MONEY: Excellent

OVERALL: 8/10
---------------------------------------------

Guilherme Fernandes
Guilherme Fernandes

Another Good Surprise!
My second Blind Buy and this is better than I was expecting.

Black is very fresh, clean, spicy, young, a little dark, smoky and creamy.

It starts a little generic: citrus, green, Iced and spicy.
Something at the open is very sintetic and I don't know what note is.

After 10 min, Black shows a very nice fragrance!
It becomes more fruity, spicy, floral, natural and a nice and soft incense.
and goes this way until the end.

Kenneth Cole Black is very similar to Bleu de Chanel.
but Black is better!

Black has a good longevity but the sillage sucks!

Fragrância/Fragrance: 8/10
Fixação/ Longevity: 9/10 (7-8 hours)
Projeção/ Sillage: 5/10
Versatilidade/ Versatillity: 10/10
Try/ Buy/ Pass: Buy

Outra Grande Surpresa!
Minha segunda Compra Cega e esse foi melhor do que eu estava esperando.

Black é muito fresco, límpio, especiado, jovem e um pouco sombrio, incensado e cremoso.

Ele começa um pouco genérico: cítrico, verde, gelado e picante.
Algo na abertura é muito sintético e eu ainda não descobri qual nota.

Após 10 min, Black mostra uma fragrância muito boa!
Ele se torna mais frutado, especiado, floral, natural e um ótimo e suave incenso.
e fica assim até o fim.

Kenneth Cole Black is muito parecido com o Bleu de Chanel.
mas Black é bem melhor!

Black tem uma fixação muito boa mas a projeção é horrível!

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

Just for men paris hilton??? I dont get that..the aniese smell is missing and the synthetic smell isnt in this one...Great citrus and warm yet casual.

mark ambrose
mark ambrose

Very long lasting but projection only first 1-2 hours.

galoguiu
galoguiu

Nice scent and good versatility. Good fixation, low cost and median projection on my skin. In my opinion the flavor is quite different from Versace Eau Fraiche. Thumbs up. Give him a chance. I recommend.

dmirror
dmirror

Its a really nice fragrance not spectacular but it smells good and its affordable around the holiday time you can get the set for around $30 to $40 its worth it only problem with this scent is it doesn't last as long as i would like other than that its good year round fragrance its got a good citrus smell to it i wouldn't describe this as a black fragrance

I only have 5 colognes and this is the most universal one, as such I wear it quite often. Plus, it doesn't make me sneeze. Powdery colognes tend to be the worst offenders here - perhaps a result puberty of having to put up with mum's selection of chemically infused laundry powders.

Kenneth Cole Black opens fresh, sweet and spicy. It's not what you'd expect from a dark bottle; which is actually purple in direct light. To me there's citrus in the opening but it's subtle. Shortly thereafter I feel like i'm smelling the skin of a papaya. Maybe that's the cedar playing tricks on me? Not sure. The one note which is present from start to finish is Musk, but it changes.

After owning and wearing this on and off for 6 months I noticed something new in the Autumn months.

One day at work I got the most pleasant and relaxing musky, warm and floral orange scent, without being feminine. Where was it coming from? It lasted about 30 minutes and then disappeared. I noticed it the next few days and then realised that it was actually KCB. I must have looked like an idiot looking around for a smell as if I had lost something... but this was a completely new scent. Like the feeling when someone gives you a hug from behind "Guess Who?", but by the time you figure it out it's already gone.

I get compliments from old lady cab drivers who then proceed to say...

"It's so smokey like tobacco, and it's not overly sweet like what 70% of the male population wear... what's it called - Joop! Oh I hate that one".

That smokey smell was actually cigarette, but, it does go well if you're a smoker.

The younger women of about 25-30 years also seem to like it and I get the most compliments from this age group.

I'm 26, and I'm currently eating grapes.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

On paper: Not impressed. Smells mass market and undistinguished.

On my skin: REALLY not impressed. An incredibly bad dirty smell. Maybe the tester I sprayed from went bad... I can't believe they can sell this. Scrubber!

manzoor86
manzoor86

in one word i will say its a CLEAN scent,
its name should be pink lulitta,it will even go best for them & best for Her;p

maverick678
maverick678

It's cheap but it's pretty darn good. I'm impressed!.

madclowntapia
madclowntapia

just got this from amazon...

price was surprising... makes me wonder if i was frauded.

the scent itself is AWESOME.... it does smell fresh and great... haven't studied it to pick the notes...

will probably update.

my problems are sillage and longetivity
about 2 hrs and its strength dies within maybe 30 mins.

maybe would last longer if it were a cold climate. i guess i'll try that out and see later.

disappointed by its performance... but not by the smell.

i'd advise testing it to see if its performance suits you

adyl
adyl

One of the oldest perfumes that actually brought me closer to understand and develop some sense in perfumes. Influenced me to try moe andrfume which made me a perfume collector. Though i dont use it anymore and last bottle i gave away to a friend, just cuz the smell keeps pushing me back in time. Great scent, must try it once if you haven't.

sagranha
sagranha

bitter citrus amazing woody citrus . last only 2 hrs in india :(

mugush
mugush

alway is in my collection, strongly recommended

KeithScar
KeithScar

KC Black is a great fragrance. Not too dark and not to light this to me is an all purpose cologne like Acqua Di Gio. I can rock this year round day and night and get loads of compliments. Easily found and not expensive. Nice green rich scent that last for hours. Perfect for any occassion. This is must in my collection and a sure top 10 cologne to get for starters wanting a good bottle

uxmanali
uxmanali

Magical, mysterious fragrance.You can wear it during daytime all year long.

It is fresh, dark, woody, citrusy all at the same time.

This thing is a masterpiece, believe it or not.
It is not pricey but that doesn't mean it lacks quality.

I tried spraying it with other perfumes and it compliments them :).

Mixed it with Chanel Egoiste and Gucci pour homme 1 and results were extra ordinary.Try it !

Longevity and silage are good on my skin.

griffon
griffon

This was my first cologne that I had ever owned or received, and it's one of my favorites. I always get compliments whenever I wear it, and it seems to be a hit among everyone that smells it.

I can't really describe the scent as a whole, but the citrus notes, basil, mint, and incense are very evident. They combine together quite well and make an intriguing scent. One of the best!

chrisaxp
chrisaxp

The first time I smelled this in the mall, I was not impressed. It just felt very "meh". I got a deal on a bottle and wore it today for the firs time and have changed my mind. It started out kind of floral and minty, too much for my taste, but that didn't last too long it settled into the middle tones and base tones (mostly the incense smoke and the suede). It lasted for a long long time and I really enjoyed wearing this. I think I would reserve this for cold or cool weather, but overall I would recommend this as a good middle of the road scent.

juiceboxking
juiceboxking

very fresh. i can't imagine this would ever be offensive to anyone; great choice for a job interview. dosnt surprise me that this one is mostly in the 'like' catagory.

Vastalux
Vastalux

Fresh dirty scent which not really represent 'black'. Smell, projection and lasting just average on my skin. For me this is a boring scent.

tomerits
tomerits

the only thing that bothers me is the name , "black" has nothing to do with the scent which is very clean and fresh, "white" would be more suitable for this one.
anyway i love this perfume and for me is the best from kenneth cole,great for daily use and office,any time of the year.
my rank 4/5.

The_Drake
The_Drake

Smells ok, but that's it. A common musc, ginger & citrus combo with average longevity and projection.

Smellzgood
Smellzgood

This is nice cologne for everyday wear. It can be worn any time of year, but I think it is best in the warmer months. Top notes are spicy with ginger and mandarin orange. The middle notes are a synthetic incense and nutmeg. The base notes are the best: a mix of amber and sweetness. The mandarin orange comes back in the end, but more sweet than bitter. It lasts very well, but isn't overpowering. It is similar to Armani Mania's woody aromatics in the beginning and middle and then reminiscent of CK One's base notes. Very good!

KrakenI98R
KrakenI98R

This is the only cologne that I own that I love. The scent is fantastic and makes me smell like I just stepped out of the shower. Because of the "clean, just stepped out of the shower smell" I use this cologne year round, day and night. The only regret I have with this cologne is that I've lost it and cannot find it anywhere. Once I do though I will start using it again instead of the cheap smelling Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger EST. 1985 cologne I'm currently using. Kenneth Cole Black is definitely a must buy in my book.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I don't think this is anything earth shattering but its a nice scent. It starts out very citrusy but almost right away settles into woodsy, slightly incensy skin scent. Its not a siliage monster, in my opinion and doesn't seem to project that much so for the days when you don't want overwhelming scent, this would be a good one. I got it for my husband, he was kind of "meh" about it so I have a feeling that I will be the one wearing it most of the time. It can definately be unisex, IMO

FLMonteiro
FLMonteiro

I dont understand how someone call this unique.
If you know a little about scents, you wont say that this is unique, its a regular fresh/woody frag.

Its smells exactly like a "black frag" should smell.
Good but boring.

Overall 6/10. It is just an "ok" frag.

dexa
dexa

I bought this perfume trough amazon his price was 34$-3,4oz and i was largerly disapointed because perfume lasts around 2 to 3 hours,altough it smells very nice and refreshing most of pitty :(

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

My husband is using 50ml of it. It´s a good casual scent. The most I smell mandarin and imbir. It´s fresh with a hint of herbs ( but not too much). But when I was pregnant and my husband sprayed it on himself I felt a big nausea and I didn´t feel good when he used it then. Anyway it´s a good scent.

dad hash
dad hash

where can i get this in Hungary?? it is master peice for hungarian springs, i love it but can not fin it any more in budapest ...

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

سرد و خنک
مناسب استفاده زن و مرد در روزهای گرم تابستان

Cool
use for men and women in the hot days of summer

scentury
scentury

I've read lots of reviews for KCB, both good and bad;
I,ve smelled it on a strip of paper sometime ago. At the time, it didn't make much of an impression on me - more like a generic modern scent than a "black" scent.
However, last week I had the chance to spray some on my neck and all I can say is ... It smells great!
The opening is very fresh, with a burst of citrus settling down to an incense-y, nutty heart. The drydown is musky with amber touches. The only complaint I have with it is the longevity - After 2 1/2 hours, I can hardly detect it on my skin. Best course would be to apply 2 spritzes on your shirt to make it last longer. I rate it 4.25 out of 5.

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

I love the smell of this cologne on a man. It's absolutely sexy! Completely entrancing and alluring. The right combination and balance of notes together.

samihardanian
samihardanian

mysterious smell

slaum
slaum

I bought the dark by ebay because here in Brazil does not have very good, worth every penny

Ash4245
Ash4245

Very fresh, woodsy! It's got a nice musk note.

jonovon
jonovon

What a good surprise, this one. I loved it much more than I would have expected. The name is very misleading. Black here doesn't mean fruity, nor heavy on woods, nor thick. Instead, it's a subtle and bright fragrance, that should be packed like those good Kenzo scents (more on that later).

It opens with aromatic aquatic notes. Obviously, for it to be broad on sales it should go with the trends. The opening won't differ from the inumerous boring aromatic aquatic fragrances out there: Versace Pour Homme, Bvlgari Aqua, Hugo Boss... You get the feeling. Citruses with spices/herbs (here they're using both mint and ginger). So, nothing really new until now.
But then some magic begins, and it develops a japanese character. Think of Kenzo and Shiseido Zen. A bit of incense, which I don't find too much, nutmeg and lotus flower. Clean, simple and elegant.
Then the woods come, then it's the musk. All the transitions are smooth and balanced, new elements come in slowly and the previous notes fade away slowly too. No sharp edges.

The only thing worth complaining is the opening chord. Not because it's clearly aromatic aquatic (i mean, pleasant and inoffensive but boring), but because it smells a bit synthetic. But anyway, later on it will get better and better. Things you won't complain: longevity and sillage are exceptional for such a subtle fragrance. I've worn much heavier scents with a fraction of KC Black's lifetime and liveliness.

A true must have for fans of aquatic or light woody scents. A true must have if you're not really into aquatics or light woody scents but would like to have a bottle just in case. A true delicacy for fans of the Kenzo line, except for the clumsy bottle and packaging, totally devoid of finesse.

m-hani

کلا در کشورهای شرقی و خاور میانه مورد پسند است
با احترام

Anissa
Anissa

This is pure seduction from the beginning til the end.Love it on my husband.Very sexy,fresh and masculin.

silentrich
silentrich

Not the most well blended or complex fragrance, but what this does is it just plain smells good. This one is a major complement getter and can be had for a very good price. The bad points are that it doesn't last very long. The good news is that you can buy the anniversary edition that's twice as strong and lasts twice as long for a few bucks more. Overall I love this one and will never be without it in my collection.

akulertu
akulertu

Just bought one and loving it! It has a distinct smell likened to Armani Mania & Liz Claiborne. The fresh citrus scent really livens up the mood.

2CentsOnScents
2CentsOnScents

Not as dark as the name might say but is still a solid fragrance that is not daring at all. I don't know where all the mint is in this fragrance but I do get incense in the dry down and citrus almost throughout. I usually put one spray on the neck and each arm. The sillage is ok and longevity is solid on my skin. Not the most potent fragrance out there and not offensive at all.
9 stars out of 10

Mrgstar
Mrgstar

The top notes of Kenneth Cole Black reminds me very much of Chanel Allure Homme Sport! Does anyone agree with me here??? I think the Chanel is a better fragrance, though. But Kenneth Cole Black is a really good fragrance as well!! A real "Bang For Your Buck"! Pretty good longevity and sillage, and you will get lots of compliments wearing this one!
Overall rating: 8/10

xerces1492
xerces1492

Good stuff. I'm surprised no one equated "black" with elegance (black tux, black tie anybody?) A lot of other romantically inclined colognes smell really cheap. Black hits the nail on the head though. Really classy. I have noticed women pulling this one off with excellent results (caught my attention, that's for sure).

maouia
maouia

i like it so much

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

OMG...the sexiest smell ever made!

A mandarin citrus opening with a touch of mint makes me feel good. Your drydown is confortable with nutmeg, amber and musk, like Armani Mania. Incense makes the projection.

Thanks very much, Kenneth Cole.

1000/1000!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

It's not black, it's sour. The only note I could smell was the mandarin, and that was just sour fruit.
Ok so the dry down, long after application, smells alot like when Bvlgari Aqua Marine is applied, it still has the sour citrusy smell to it.
The heart is more apparent in the dry down too, so it does get a little better, but that's very close to the skin at best.

costaleo
costaleo

There is nothing black about this cologne. I have to admit it has its qualities, but it didnt agree with me at all. There is a note that is sickening to me. I pass it.

Hey fellows,
For me Kenneth cole was always a cheappy biatch but this dude black is some creepy thug to play around, i was in Australia last year for new years and got a good deal for this,100ml 45 aus$ .It worked way good for me. I named it Compliment Hunter.Violent projection and Longevity is ultra.
Must not compare this one with other Kenneth cole tittys.
This pappa is a rock star.

Heil!
Verj verj goode scent.
All the time frome morning till nighte smell pleasnt and sexista ..100/100

My bad english sory

sherry99
sherry99

It is really good to see that there are many K C Black fans beside me.
Straight away 5* for this certified BOMB::)
Very very dark and mysterious. Amazing sexy.
My bottle is over and will buy after some time, i guess i over used, so want to get over with others.

guest_Hammad Egypt

One more thing, when i come back from my office in the evening after a long long hot day and take a shower, the whole wash room is smelling like freshly sprayed Scent(BKC)...Though i spray only 5 times on my body at around 9 in the morning...My wife and mom are the first people to launch there comments on me.So ppl who love strong scents or live in cold climate must give it a try.

guest_Hammad Egypt

Every thing is very nice about it and i agree with all Black lovers but not for me or one can say for a hot country like mine... It is very Harsh...so i think good for cold climatic countries...but i agree with one thing , though i was getting dizzy with the heavy smell but compliments keep on coming from all directions...Hell yes it is one mater piece by Kenneth Cole...

guest_Demmi 1987
guest_Demmi 1987

Hi guys !
Well if players around like myself are looking for some thing real exotic, lust full, dark masculine and urging hot babys to throw compliments with great longevity then close your eyes and blind buy Kenneth Cole Black XDD
No regrets for sure : P

andrevarx
andrevarx

An EDT with a very pungent aroma, between fresh woody, with notes of ozone and loaded very, very mature, a fragrance perfect for everyday use, and meetings with friends, a minimally invasive and energizing, overdosed tide.

It has indeed a strong note of incense that makes it a bit mysterious, original aroma. Probably works best for night events. Original and mysterious.

raja_tariq
raja_tariq

A very nice musculine fragrance but below average longevity and sillage.Obviously not for hot weather.

Dad jax
Dad jax

I always Hated Kenneth cole but this one changed my opinion...i first time tried this frm my brother and then decided to buy one. Very masculine and black.Opposite sex is in love with this..Great frag and good lasting(12 hrs) so it very fine fr me ! Its is a cross version of Channel sports and BLV PH Marine..

svillatoro
svillatoro

I'm not fan of Kenneth Cole fragrances because most of them are so light... but this one is probably the best choice. Good longevity and great combination of citrus, mint, ginger and woodsy notes. One of the best "Black" choices also in my opinion.

Thanks

Kaytorch
Kaytorch

Got a test of this at perfum store and it smells average. i put the test paper in my laptop bag along with others like CK-euphoria,Lacoste-Essential & Versace-pour-homme. After 24hours this perfum still smell like i just sprayed it.it outshadows others, as they have faded out.
Sillage is good & longvity forever.

guest_Rahhul Grover
guest_Rahhul Grover

Bought it from somewhere coz I was getting it cheaper, but surprizingly amazed to use it. One of my favourites now. A very long lasting and unique fragarance.

I was a little confused when I tried Black for the first time. I didn't know that there was both a female and male version of the scent, I thought there was just one, and that Kenneth Cole Black was unisex.

Obviously now I understand, however I won't retract my original observation that this could be worn by both men and women.

There is something very unique and likable about this fragrance. It tends to be rather spicy and sweet, exotic in a sense.

The opening of ginger, mandarin orange, basil and mint is both refreshing yet delicate on the skin. Sensuality is projected through this fragrance quite strongly.

I find that the incense, nutmeg, ginger and cedar seem to be the driving force behind this fragrance. The combination of those notes create an intense and sexy aura. Incense in any fragrance usually turns out to be a hit with me because of its beautiful smokiness and mystery.

Unfortunately Kenneth Cole Black doesn't last for as long as I would have liked. I think it's very important to be able to enjoy this fragrance on the skin for as long as possible. However despite the poor lasting power, I do still recommend this fragrance to men and women alike.

Jave26
Jave26

This is a very nice fragrance from the opening utill the very end, The longevity is great sillage is good. Give this a try you might just like it.

@VanAllan
Thanks for the compliment... it worth it!

Mindphlux
Mindphlux

Black used to be my favorite cologne. I wore it from 2003 until 2006. People always asked what I was wearing and girls loved it. This is a cologne that is truly suitable for all occasions: dates, class, day, evening, winter, summer etc. I wore it year round. Well it;s popularity caught up with it and it got to the point where I ran into several people who were wearing Black as well and i'm the type of person who likes to have unique cologne so I moved on and never replaced my last bottle. This is a really great woody fragrance for men... Nothing else quite smells like Black.

VanAllan
VanAllan

Thanks to 'Zeek' and 'Perquito' who helped me to make up my mind (I couldn't find it here in stores) I bought this online almost blindly at a very good price.
Even if the name 'Black' recalls something different, it's such an interesting fresh scent: minty-bitter-fruity at beginning, smoky-incense-flowery at middle and musky-aromatic at dry down, with the mint-incense feeling still lingering in background.
A different fresh accord to add to my collection and definitely a nice fragrance to take into consideration. Go get it guys!...you won't be disappointed. My rank 8/10. ☣☣☣

BIG
BIG

i agree with Omerpervaiz. This scent is very common these days. Nothing special. the notes shown are misleading in terms of the smell you might expect from this fragrance. It's a fresh woody sweet scent.

mysterious smell

arshia_pku
arshia_pku

This Fragrances is on my top 10 fav fragrances..fresh & cool..KC Black is unique scent..

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

I have to change my opinion about this fragrance. it is good fragrance with vibrant notes of mint, zest and spice with tinge of woods. i don't like the bottle though its too simple 4 me. average sillage and longevity.
I give it 7.5 out of 10.

guest_luc636
guest_luc636

one of the best fragrances i have ever used. it has something unique that i can't describe. it had me at first sniff.

andy

gotto be good if a multi million dollar artist like fat joe wears this i really think its a TOTAL classic and the mint, non citrus fruity and woodsy notes make this sexy and the musk is well done for the type of scent

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

I can't resist this and I had to grab botH! A signature n black cole!! Hahah

andy

this by far is one of the BEST scents for men on the market, i loved it the first time i smelled it! the name is perfect becasue its got a sexy romantic deep edge with the woods and musk, but this has a VERY UNIQUE aromatic fresh feel from all the exotic notes! it gives a very exotic and unusual scent thats MUCH sexier and smells way better than rocawear, many other popular woodsy scents and this is probably the only scent with a strong musk drydown thats not cheap smelling

micsmells
micsmells

When i bought this at first, i was 'looking' for the scent after about 10 mins....felt like- nothing. But after a while, say 30 mins, i could feel myself 'rising' and suddenly, the whole world smelt like me/KC Black!! Wonderful perfume, gotta admit.

flem
flem

Definitely masculine. This cologne says energetic and rugged by day, then calm, cool, and collected by night.

This has a hint of sweetness, but not has much as some others say, in my opinion. The smell is just one of the best combos of spice and sweet/wood out there. It's so smooth on the nose and is not harsh at all.

On my body it has pretty amazing staying power. Not the longest, but several hours easy. No need to ever spray on you more then once a day.

I can't really explain it, but every time I smell this, it reminds me of Fall.

Once you start using this, it will hold a place in your memories for years to come.

zepiroth_kreationz
zepiroth_kreationz

i'm currently using KC Black now. very nice masculine scent. compliments here and there... two thumbs up for this!

SaintLue
SaintLue

Wow.Love At First Scent? I Just bought a 1.7 Oz Bottle of this to kinda Test it out after reading pretty Nice rewiews On it But Damn.. Hit me soo nicely and Fresh.I Note the ginger and nutmeg.Somthing i Will Continue to have in my collection for awhile.

ZeeK

It’s “Black” but unique with freshness in its own way. Not for those who are fond of simple fragrances. There is mint and I am not quite fond of “minty” notes but here the “water mint” played well specially with fresh cut aroma of ginger and mandarin. Dry down is usual musky & amber but made distinct as mixed with incense smoke, light spices & floral (lotus flower & violet leaves).
Staying power is 4+ hours and has noticeable silage. KC “black” is an elegant fragrance with mature affect to boost your romantic spirit.

afraafra
afraafra

One of the best smelling men's "fresh" fragrances, good staying power too.

toysoldier89
toysoldier89

OMGGGGG seriously smells soooo absolutely delicious! the freshness of it makes me feel very very clean & hot! Love it for going out & just going to dindin!

Kiwichick_NZ
Kiwichick_NZ

I enjoy this scent on men - perhaps a little too much...hehe ;) The name is so deceiving. When I first saw the name Black, I instantly thought of a scenario where I'd be walking into a dark seedy back street cafe/bar where the atmosphere was thickened by a mysterious masculine scent. It was a pleasant surprise to have this quickly removed from my mind once I sprayed it. It's bright and not too lively in the beginning thanks to the orange and spice notes. The amber seems to settle to create a warm aura. I've captured this on 3 men besides my husband, and each time it puts a smile on my face.

If it didn't have that true masculinity about it, I would wear it myself seeing as I'm not too keen on the womens version.

Thumbs up for Men in Black!! ;)

periquito89
periquito89

Sometimes I like it (for sure it is a masculine scent, and something here recalls me tobacco), and sometimes I do not (the very synthetic character that always comes to my mind).

Indeed a not conventional "fresh" (?) scent.

guest_drew
guest_drew

this is the perfect day scent it is NOT THE CONVENTIONAL CITRUS MUSK FRESH FRAGZ EVERYONE WEARS and it has a more masculine and dominant aspect that putz u in da top of scentz

guest_Andy
guest_Andy

Perfect scent for everyday use very sexy

guest_Aman
guest_Aman

Personally this is the best mens daily stuff it is very appealing and great smell

nikornplay
nikornplay

fresh and cool. I wear it when I want to feel energy and go for sport or active.

promoscanner
promoscanner

Very unique fragrance. Hard to pin down.

Languid summer nights suit this one perfectly.

Giv1952
Giv1952

it's not black. very bright fragrance. luv this one

LuvWarrior
LuvWarrior

I tried this back when it was introduced and liked it. Bought a bottle for my brother's b'day. He loved it and went through it rather quickly. I've forgotten about it since. Will have to take a second look, er...smell. heheh

Kenneth Cole Black for Men by Kenneth Cole 4.09 out of 5 based on 525 ratings and 108 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole Black for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole Black for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenneth Cole Black for Men by Kenneth Cole. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenneth Cole Black for Men by Kenneth Cole represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.