Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Kenneth Cole New York Women Kenneth Cole for women

Kenneth Cole New York Women Kenneth Cole for women
dislike

cinnamon

Kenneth Cole New York Women by Kenneth Cole is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. Kenneth Cole New York Women was launched in 2002. Top notes are black currant, cinnamon, mandarin orange and cardamom; middle notes are mahogany, leather, lily, gardenia, pepper and jasmine; base notes are nutmeg, musk, vanilla and oakmoss.

Black Currant Cinnamon Mandarin Orange Cardamom

Mahogany Leather Lily Gardenia Pepper Jasmine

Nutmeg Musk Vanilla Oakmoss

Paul Smith Extreme Woman

Kenneth Cole New York Women Fragrance Reviews

nazza28
nazza28

This is one pow-wow fragrance, it is certainly not for the fainthearted or haters of spice (cos obviously it has loads of them) It does have quite masculine aspects to it and is a dominating scent in my opinion. That said, I have a friend you wears this and it's instant sex-bomb on her. I also wear this, but I have to be in the right mood or it wears me. It smells very exotic, heavy and intense on me, but I love spices so that is no problem :)

Chava
Chava

This is one of the few "new" fragrances I like. It's a spicy, woody, oakmossy delight - reminds me very much of a vintage perfume! I don't notice much white floral in it (just a hint of jasmine, which is quite nice), unfortunately, though I still love this scent. Rather sexy, and great for a day-to-evening fragrance.

nevern te republic
nevern te republic

Love this on a women wearing a cute outfit.Its great all sexy ladies take note.

icecube
icecube

Not a bad beginning. Flowers, citrus, some spices - wellbalanced mmmmmmmmmmmm smells god !
During drydown the fruitnotes start poping up - also som woodiness.
I look forward to it deepening and softening by time but strangely enought the flowernotes starts getting stronger and that is the only thing that is left hours from applying it.
Such a promissing beginning but a totally flat end.
This perfume stays nearly as strong all the time even after drydown.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

I have a generous tester for this one and I hate to say it....it is very generic. The ingredients aren't but the overall composition is. I hate that. I really wanted more from this one and his Black for Women as well. :(

Happy Perfuming!♥

lolllee2nd
lolllee2nd

All I get is weird cardamon/pepper/citrus/wood combo. Not good on me. :(

b@by
b@by

Warm, sweet, lovely holiday smell. Very comforting, and you can smell the cinnamon. Like others have said, needs a good half hour to settle down on your skin, as at the beginning it smells too citrusy/cedarish, and masculine. Would not have even known about this if I hadn't received the sample with another perfume order :)

joliecat
joliecat

At first, this almost smells like a man's cedar-touched cologne, but then the florals bloom, and it turns feminine, flowery, with a gentle touch of peppery spice. Gardenia is lovely in this one. Great perfume for daytime, since it is not at all sultry or sexy. Seems spicier, brighter than Estee Lauder's Knowing, but not as delicate or softly sweet. New York is crispier, clean fresh, lightly peppered, with a soft whispery floral dry down that doesn't last long enough. It might last longer if layered with the body cream or lotion.
Here's another tip to help perfume last longer: Smooth a light touch of Vaseline into your skin first, then add perfume on top of it.

candyaddict
candyaddict

I usually hate white florals, especially gardenia, but I really love this! The florals and the fruit blend well together, making it sweet but not too sweet. Very nice!

SheShe
SheShe

This is a good scent but not my cup of tea. It seems a bit dirty, perhaps because of the leather, also is very powerful and it has a good sillage. Masculine, it may be used by men. New York? OK, but with smog, women who must work hard and sometimes behave "like men"...
I had a bottle of the fragrance, my cousin gave me it.

olga1780
olga1780

The notes look just wonderful, and as a matter of fact, the fragrance itself has a great potential of a special occasion perfume as well. It smells modern, sexy and chic. The only flaw is(which is the most important)its lack of depth, sillage and longevity.
But it is still nice enough for casual or office wear. I like it, but will have to pass, because it is very similar to D&G 18 La Lune. I already have too many fragrances in my collection and try to stay away from overlaps.

greystone
greystone

I remember my wife wearing this fragrance while we were dating.It is a very well made scent that I find very pleasent on my wife.It starts out strong with a blast of cinnamon and then has a fresh burst of orange that has an inviting affect on me.The drydown is a soft sexy leather scent with a floral and soft musky vanilla under tone.This is a very sexy and multilayered fragrance by Kenneth Cole and even though it is not my favorite perfume she wears,it is definately up there and it always brings back good memories of the time spent leading up to our marriage.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

I wore this scent the entire 6 months that I dated my now husband. He says now that he loved the perfume and it's strong at first and then reminds you of that toasty home feeling at the holidays. I will wear it as a fall winter scent. Long lasting love the leather and cardamom and gardenia notes a lot.

Breath fashion
Breath fashion

@vamy 69 i totally agree with you the opening phase of this perfume i hate it but after it settles down on to ur skin its nice

Vamy69
Vamy69

I absolutely hate the smell of this perfume in its opening note phase. It is a huge turn off almost to the point of not wanting to wait for the dry down but eventually the dry down comes and when it does it smells fabulous. And its a good thing because if it were to stay in its opening note phase I would think it was hideous.

cloyd42
cloyd42

I find this pleasant but somewhat anonymous. It opens with a split second of citrus before the lily and the jasmine come up and after about 15 minutes this is pretty definitely a jasmine perfume. The cardomon and nutmeg cut the sweetness and the wood adds some richness but I'm not finding the oakmoss or the leather. As I've worn it all evening I find it a soft pleasant white floral with something vaguely aquatic. I would guess the oriental categorization comes from the ingredients rather than the scent on skin. Nice but no one's going to stop you to ask you what that divine scent is.
Sillage: office safe
Durability: 4 hours and counting
Fabulosity: a glass of warm milk before bed
Price to value ratio: very good

gazelle
gazelle

Now THIS fragrance I love and will be on the lookout for another bottle. It is a rich mix of ingredients and doesn't overwhelm, but to me, it makes the statement with a smile in the voice, "I'm here, Let's get down to business." It gives me confidence . Imagine?

I refreshed my scent after lunch at school and a sixth grader said to me at the door, "I like the way you smell, Miss." I'm sure he could detect the masculine notes of leather and mahogany I didn't know were in the composition until now. That was some compliment from a youth who isn't beyond Axe for now.

guest_Martha
guest_Martha

I got the tester of this perfume along with my friend's perfume purchase. I really looked down at this edp at first, because I thought Kenneth Cole sounds manly, and might not be able to make good women perfume. And, I've been trying to find a perfume I like since the past 3 years, storming in and out duty free stores at airports. But never found any that I really like.

To my surprise, this Kenneth Cole Women New York EDP smells really nice, just how i like it. It's subtle, fresh, a rather sweet, and vanilla-ish at the end. I can't believe how I cant stop smelling my wrists like a nutty, lol.

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

Just got one from my friend. She gave it to me in exchange of my sketch of her...i really like it! I never thought kenneth cole could make a pleasant perfume. It's very feminine....good for work or having a romantic dinner with hubby or bf...it's not a stand out but it's a really nice sexy scent, ad the bottle is unique and classy

The first note I detect upon applying Kenneth Cole WOMEN is cinnamon, and it abides in the background of what winds up as a light woody, barely oriental drydown.

Looking at the listed notes, WOMEN might seem to have the potential to be overwhelming (nutmeg, leather, pepper, cardamom, and oakmoss...), but it is not at all. There must be extremely small doses of everything in this composition--save the cinnamon and the wood. Which is not to say that either is overwhelming--we're not talking cinnamon toothpicks here, thank goodness!

Instead, WOMEN is more like a gentle skin scent. Very pleasant and subtle with low sillage and medium longevity. This warm fragrance could be worn to the office without setting off any alarms.

(I am wearing Kenneth Cole WHITE, but it's not in the database, so I'll stow my review here for the time being...)

Kenneth Cole WHITE opens a bit discordantly with an almost vinegarish cast but soon thereafter smooths out into a friendly fruity floral fragrance with just a touch of resinousness--enough to set it apart from many contenders in this category. According to the manufacturer's card, these are the notes:

"Vibrant mandarin, crystallized ginger and cool watermint burst into a fresh bouquet of freesia, jasmine and lotus flower."

"A sexy, radiant, city scent."

Hmmm...that might be going a bit far, but it's certainly likeable enough. I smell ginger-infused flowers and watermint through to the end. WHITE edp has medium longevity and low sillage, making it perfectly appropriate for just about anywhere.

mllefantine
mllefantine

This was my first ever real perfume! I wore it all through high school and into first year university and it made me feel very grown up and sophisticated indeed! I still enjoy it's oriental, woody scent, although I don't know if I would buy a full bottle again.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Beautiful, bold, clean, sweet floriental scent.... powerful enough to last all day.

There is a watery, translucent feel to the very start of this perfume - it is what I had hoped to experience from L'eau d'Issey (alas a terrible disappointment that almost equalled my headache).

Wait a few minutes after application for the stripping citrus berry to mellow & you will be greeted by a fruity floral cinnamon-orange that sweetens, deepens & blossoms on the skin.

It is never cloying or heavy, but it is sweet, intense & strong having real character & good sillage. There is a prominent jasmine-gardenia mix settled above a soft, fresh vanilla-musk which is mixed in a way to lend a modern feel.

If it is possible, it has the scentsation of a squeaky clean, vanilla cake batter in which has been baked a hundred flowers & some orange peel - mouthwatering & yet inedible.

But - where are the woods? The leather? They are placed far too far in the background for my nose - the bottle promises but never delivers. That said, this is pleasant enough. One squirt for an office-to-drinks elegant scent.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

A very smooth spicy scent. Love it!

Sissi
Sissi

Peaches n Cream Wraped with Woods
i whound describe it and put a little
nuts for good measure. very chic.
very classy Gold octigon shaped bottle
makes it Stand out.

soulsong
soulsong

I felt it opens in a very traditionally masculine way, woody... cinnamon and mahogany, a British musuem type of gent, in his library. (not New York) After the base notes begin to come up it improves. I am going to continue to experience for what it is and get past my gender dualism (either/or). But I wouldn't wear it when I want to celebrate my womanhood.

mwater1
mwater1

I find myself becoming more entranced by Kenneth Cole Woman. I can immediately smell the woody and spicy notes. As the fragrance wears, I am reminded of a fig sprinkled with cinnamon, sugar, and brandy. Ahh, bliss! It is also strangely clean smelling as well. How did they do that? During the drydown I smell a pretty good bit of sandalwood. I have to say that spraying more than once or twice is a mistake..very big mistake as it can be headache inducing, but I still find it unusual and original. I will buy more when I run out. Also gives my senses a break from the norm of fruity floral scents that I seem to have a weakness for. Good lasting power and sillage. Rating 8/10.

EDIT: Kept trying to figure out what this really reminded me of. Got it now...a warmed fig newton.

9154mf
9154mf

I smell a sickeningly sweet and cloying cinnamon-fruit mix that almost gives an off sensation. I dont know if ill even finish my sample. Its so strong and yuk.

eranaral
eranaral

Opens very citrusy and strong. then the white florals come in with the sweetness of light nutmeg and vanilla. The lasting power is not that great.

gesch
gesch

i just received this yesterday - and am so happy i found this gem!
it's woody spicy on me: it starts with white flowers and cinnamon.this stays for at least 2 hours and then the woody notes become stronger and the pepper becomes more prominent. lucky me, the cinnamon stays the whole while, pitty that i, too, detect none of the leather note.
although it is woody and spicy and slightly oriental it's absolutely neither heavy nor too strong. it's even slightly fresh and faint - although it's sillage is very good:i put it on 6hrs ago and it's still clearly noticeable.
all in all, you really have to like earthy spicy notes for this one; a devotee of fruity florals may be disappointed after trying...
Edit: 02/10/10
After wearing it for quite a while I discovered that on some days the gardenia becomes quite strong on me, and the spicyness of my beloved cinnamon only a faint trace. on these days it reminds me quite a lot of serpentine by cavalli. love it just the same, as I LOVE serpentine though NY isn't quite refined.
I'm still happy I bought it and will certainly buy it again (if it isn't discontinued...)

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I'm on the fence about this one. Found it in a discount dept. store for a fabulous price. I haven't pick it up just yet as after sampling for the 1st time, I wasn't terribly impressed w/ the dry-down. On the initial spritz I did notice a nice spiciness & richness that I love in a fragrance, but I was left with a very mellow sweet (almost non-existent) scent. I will try it again, because as I've discovered numerous times before, I may feel very differently about it next time. I sure don't want to pass up a great deal if this is a fragrance I'd be happy to have in my wardrobe.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I just got this one and I am very pleased!
It started out a bit strong, but softened quickly to a mellow, rich warmth. I don't think it is in the notes, But I am reminded of Fig somehow....slightly spicy, drizzled with honey with a dash of cinnamon. I get nothing of leather, at least not that my untrained nose can detect. Very nice!

snobuni77
snobuni77

It is really overpowering.
In my obsession with perfume I sprayed one big spray on the crook of my arm shortly after waking up (to test it of coarse)
Well I wish I hadn't don't it so early because it is a little to much to handle right now.
It is a nice fragrance.Modern,clean and sexy is right.There really isn't much character in this as it does remind me or something else.
but it is very strong.& Im guessing that it will last quite a while.
I would say its more for a day of shopping but it is a scent that you can wear in any season at any time.It maybe more for nighttime in the summer though

This is overpowering on me. I accidentally bought this instead of the mens version (I'm female, but I love the mens version) and took it back immediately. It's just too cloyingly sweet on me.

Jillie64
Jillie64

I too love this sent. It is warm & sexy and the scent holds well. I can put it on before going out for the night, and still smell it the next morning when I awake.
A fresh, clean, sexy scent!

jredman
jredman

I like it but I don't consider it a "grand classique". Maybe it would suit someone in her 20's who is looking for something other than the fruity fragrances that are so popular. I much prefer Omnia, Nu and, silver rain, etc

AprilPink
AprilPink

good for casual use! But ...i dont find character in it.

Urban Skies
Urban Skies

Very modern, clean, and sexy. A good scent to wear when going out on the town with friends and dancing all night.

kimberlylmetz
kimberlylmetz

Totally love it! A friend bought it knowing it would smell wonderful on me, and he was right! Great warm sexy scent.

2007

Kenneth Cole New York Women by Kenneth Cole 3.57 out of 5 based on 150 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole New York Women fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole New York Women, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenneth Cole New York Women by Kenneth Cole. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenneth Cole New York Women by Kenneth Cole represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.