Designers » I-K » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Mankind Kenneth Cole for men

Mankind Kenneth Cole for men
dislike

Mankind Kenneth Cole for men Pictures

Kenneth Cole launches a new men's fragrance called Mankind that have resulted from the new partnership with Parlux: “The fragrance is meant to speak to that Renaissance guy. He is accomplished but humble, he is strong but sensitive. He’s got a very clear sense of...where he is, where he’s going and how he’s going to get there. He’s very much focused on looking good but also doing good." (wwd) . The fragrance is advertised with cheeky slogans such as “Join the Evolution “and “Your ape will either grow more hunchbacked or erect".

The fragrance is developed by Claude Dir as aromatic - woody. Fresh aromatic elements of cardamom, tarragon leaf, ginger and pineapple lead to masculine elements of cedar, vetiver and cinnamon that provide warm sensuality. Then comes the base of sandalwood, oak moss, tonka bean and skin musk.

Chad Lavigne designed the bottle. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. Mankind was launched in 2013.

Cardamom Tarragon Ginger Pineapple

ShengmingHu

pleasant and elegant scene, pretty long lasting, very nice cologne! 8.5/10

jozemo
jozemo

a nice aromatic and fruity cologne, reminds me of the different variations of AXXE shower gels on the market,falls in the category of nautica voyage,mont blanc legend type of vibe ,which are very good office and casual fragrances,nothing special but very trendy.

antonpan
antonpan

Mankind is a quintessence of the modern masculine fruity genre. In fact, that's a mix of three popular fragrances. It contains 50% of bubble-gumy gingery base of YSL L'Homme (strange, that nobody noticed the evident resemblance to L'Homme), 25% of green pineapples of Mont Blanc Legend and 25% of tangerins of John Varvatos Artisan. The result is not bad, though I complain about the low sillage (the longevity is average).

lynwood234
lynwood234

i like the opening and the middle notes are good. I don't care for the dry down skin scent. smells like musky babies breath or something.

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

In the initial I got hints of a perfume, yes women’s but it comes in and out so it caught me off guard a little ( I don’t wanna smell like a woman! lol ), it has this light but sharp floral style to it, not use to wearing something like this usually but it was fine on the dry down.

I got this as a sampler after getting other colognes and tried it today to see. Would I get it again? I would. Nothing crazy about it but it is nice overall.

I'd recommend this in cooler times ( If the summer, in the evening I'd say personally )

I did get a few compliments, heard the long sniff behind me a time or two.

aglow
aglow

I love the pineapple and woodsy notes in this. Its lighter silage is perfect for a date night.

Buysblind
Buysblind

PLEASE make an Intense version of this! Mankind is a really nice scent with a wholly modern feel. I consider it the perfect summer night or date fragrance. It features a dark pineapple note that's given some sexy depth with the addition of tonka bean, cinnamon, and cardamom. This is anchored by a woody base of vetiver, though the vetiver really doesn't stand out too much. Mankind has an immediate mall/mass market appeal to it, and this may turn some people off, however when it settles in it really takes on its own character and unique charm. Its upbeat, yet sensual. Appropriate for cold weather, yet perfect for warm summer nights. And it's smooth--a nice construction with no off notes or anything out of place. However, the longevity could be better. In my experience, it's short-lived, lasting about 4 or 5 hours before dying out. It really only projects for about two hours. I would love to see an Eau de Parfum version of Mankind, or "Mankind Intense," as this is such an appealing fragrance. Versatile, interesting, and hitting all the right notes, it just needs a little more oomph to push it over the edge from very good to excellent. Still, I'll enjoy my bottle immensely this summer, and will probaby get another when I run out. Compared to some other designer fragrances that feature pineapple, such as Tous in Heaven, Black L'Excess, and Legend, I find Mankind the most refined and sophisticated. It's more interesting, yet remains more subtle. It doesn't over do it, and it does not shy away either.

Definitely a keeper, and worth sampling if you're looking for something to spice up your summer.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I have had this fragrance for awhile, I've been lazy to write a review.
I was surprised when I seen a new Kenneth Cole fragrance. I decide to buy Mankind, the weather was a very warm day..86°, it did well on my skin.
Wow pineapple with a hint of vetiver comes through as soon as it's on my skin. This juice has a really FRESH aroma, after it settles it gives a real aromatic scent.
Thou it's not list, I definitely pick up a whiff of floral aroma..looking at the notes listed it's impossible that I'm the only one who's able to smell it? Both caraway and musk give this frag a really nice warm /sweet tone.
Both longevity and Silage are excellent lasting well past 6hrs..the fragrance isn't heavy making it ABSOLUTELY fantastic throughout the spring/summer months.
Final thoughts,
Every time I wear this fragrance, mostly women compliment me on how clean and fresh the fragrance comes across as being. I'm glad I bought this fragrance and I would certainly recommend to anyone who wants a feel good fragrance. Rating this frag is very good...overall 8/10...★★★★

kenney77
kenney77

Amazing tried today very sexy love pineapple and cinnamon very good job on this cologne

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

This bottle was sitting right next to Montblanc Legend when I came in for my shift, after it first arrived.I had to admit after smelling it that it reminds me strongly of AC Fierce and Legend so at first I thought it was a good addition. Yet somehow I just cant put it next to them honestly as a contender. There's something about it; its apathetic marketing, the faux-leather elastic strap that flaps around helplessly on the bottle, the Zegna Z doppelganger effect. Its synthetic.

Opening: Promising. Fresh and spicy and undeniably tasty. Sweet pineapple, like MBL, pulses through an array of spices and woodsy undertones. I like it, but thats where the love affair ends for me.

Longevity: Sad. After an hour it loses composure faster than 50 cent at the grammys.

Sillage: After 30 minutes, its practically unnoticeable.

Gripes: It just tries so hard to be cool and blend in that its not, and it does, in the worst way. No one liked how Microsoft got all butthurt and slapped together Surface tablets to compete with Ipad's market share. The same rules apply here, cheap imitations to bank cash should always be met with groans from the collective voice of a discerning society. Mankind is a fauxlex watch; it's based on actual events; its Chris Brown.

Best for: Its best for reminding you to buy MBL or Fierce. But if you want to wear it, Day/Night, Summertime. Milk that sillage for all its worth in the hot weather.

Overall: Generic. The halcyon days of Reaction and Black seem so far gone from this company that I wonder what's left to look forward to. Its goodness is tarnished by its cheapness. Parlux fragrances churns these out by the boatload, as an afterthought. In the same way Jay Z Gold was their afterthought. Its a knock-off, and for your money, you can really afford better.

dmirror
dmirror

Great fragrance I'll definitely buy this one I own kc black, kc black vintage and kc reaction I can't think of what other fragrance this reminds me of right now but I do know this scent is great

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Reminds me of spicy Kenneth Cole reaction

Nick M
Nick M

It's a bit too soft for me in the end, seems like it's missing a pepper pop or woodier base -- my skin tends to mute those earthy notes unfortunately. I still think it's a solid spring/fall scent though and will work great for anyone.

jaylim87
jaylim87

This reminds me of Mont Blant Legend.

southchicagoray
southchicagoray

that pineapple scent is pretty dark...smells lovely. I see this working nicely in the fall.

areyouin729
areyouin729

wow so I smelled this today at Macy's and it's quite amazing. I plan to purchase this now after a day wearing it on my wrist.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

An absolutely fantastic scent. It opens with pineapple and dark greens (tarragon) and a good dose of sweetness. Quickly it morphs into an accord that smells very inky - the blackness of oakmoss and I detect some rose, a hint of anise (from the tarragon) the cinnamon and oakmoss and cardamom. There's a bright metallic note that so often accompanies scents that have pineapple (the same note is in CK One, Joop Nightflight, Ambre Topkapi, Mont Blanc Legend) and it is splendidly juxtaposed against the ink accord. Actually, the metallic note is what the pineapple morphs into - so (thankfully, to my taste) the pineapple note - as distinguishably pineapple - only lasts a short while.

The opening couple minutes are a bit "standard fare" but within a few minutes that ink and metal accord, set against a backdrop of soft dark spice and suede, comes to the fore and the scent becomes something special. An exceptional business/office/classy scent, that is neither stuffy nor boring.

Imagine a darker, smoother, less synthetic and overall more artsy take on Mont Blanc Legend. It also shares some qualities with Abercrombie Fierce in the dry down, but is far classier and more mature. The cardamom and oakmoss really shine in the dry down and take this to another level.

This is as versatile as Bleu de Chanel, but does not at all smell like aftershave/shaving cream, or "like my dad" as I've heard Bleu described by some younger girls. It smells more unique and distinctive, and also more distinguished than Bleu. If Bleu is a white collar worker, Mankind is his supervisor (in a nicer and better fitting suit!).

cologneking
cologneking

This reminds me of Z Zegna eau de toilette. The bottle almost exactly and the scent is what Z Zegna should have been.

G-BY-S
G-BY-S

wow....! pineapple with cardamom and ginger then cinnamon+vetiver, what a strange notes mixture, looks prominent though.

Mankind by Kenneth Cole 4.10 out of 5 based on 36 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenneth Cole Mankind fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenneth Cole Mankind, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mankind by Kenneth Cole. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mankind by Kenneth Cole represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.