Designers » I-K » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

RSVP Kenneth Cole for men

RSVP Kenneth Cole for men
dislike

RSVP by Kenneth Cole is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. RSVP was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Frank Voelkl. Top notes are lavender, pepper and grapefruit; middle notes are iris, orchid and cedar; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver and cashmere wood.

Lavender Pepper Grapefruit

iris Orchid Cedar

Sandalwood Patchouli Vetiver Cashmere Wood

Malbec

RSVP Fragrance Reviews

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

tried a sample..smells good..i smell pepepr throughout..not bad..reminds me of tous in heaven or kenneth cole black

Seanery
Seanery

I am going to start off by saying that I have to agree with 'RobbieX's statement but with one exception.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is less pleasant but I think I understand why it was said. One of the Top notes is kind of sharp and annoying and I aggree that I didn't like that, however, over the course of the dry down that scent mellowed out and seems to work more harmoniously with the middle and base notes.

I personally feel that RSVP by Kenneth Cole is a very successful scent BECAUSE of the difference between it and Juicy Couture's Dirty English. When you do a side-by-side comparison between the two, you notice that the RSVP utilizes more citrus fruit and flower fragrances than Dirty English which might be why it has that "cheap scent," as stated by 'insolence', and would also explain the 'rough"ness that 'RobbieX' experienced.

This review isn't intended as an attack on anyone's experience or opinion. I just thought I would investigate what people were talking about and maybe shed some light on to why some people were feeling this way. All in all, I really enjoy comparing and investigating the different opinions so I thank everyone for providing them. :D

Dakkuwan
Dakkuwan

I bought a 100 ml bottle of this one in college and, looking back now, I honestly have to ask myself "what was I thinking?"

I find this scent to be a muddled mix of wood and spice. It is so confused nobody really knows whats going on. Take a look at the scent pyramid. As of today the second highest rating on this scent is the scent of orchid. Seeing as you can't actually harvest the scent of orchid and that many of them smell different this is marketing talk for "generic floral smell".

Combine that with powerful and droning synthetic sandalwood (among other weird wood-like odors) and you have a real one-two knockout. Ouch.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Quite a nice spicy aromatic scent. It's like Dirty English but a little rougher and less pleasant. D.E. is MUCH nicer than this one.

scentury

Had to agree with reluctant12. Not really woody, more like sweet smelling.
Okay if you like the Joop Homme type of scent. Unfortunately the iris' (and,do I detect lavender?,) sweet flowery scent overpowers everything else.
But it garners compliments from women.
Longevity is 3 to 4 hours.

scentury

Had to agree with reluctant12. Not really woody, more like sweet smelling.
But it garners compliments from women.
Longevity is 3 to 4 hours.

pars2002
pars2002

A black pepper bomb exploded in a large damp carpentry!
Where is the Orchid?? Patchouli in dry down?? not easy to find them. I think they wanted to pay a tribute to WOOD! Even they boxed the flacon in a wooden case.

reluctant12
reluctant12

Heard so much about its woodsy qualities, was very excited about the cedar note and, as someone put it, smelling like home depot (for real) - and its opening is pretty good. But the drydown is way too sweet, which I wish someone had warned me about.
I got a compliment on it (clearly the people around me didn't hate it), but I personally really wanted to take a shower to get away from the sweetness.

HarveyCan
HarveyCan

AFter 40 years of buying colognes I have to say that I trust my nose. If I hate it on the paper, I will hate it on, so I usually don't even bother. When I first did a test spray of RSVP, to be honest, I hated it, and I hated it passionately. It was just harsh and rude, although there was something orangey-citrus that was appealing...well, that was just wasted. Awful..... Then, a few days later, out of nowhere, I started to have this Proustian recall of RSVP and I really was intrigued by how it had worked its way into my brain. I made it back to the store and put some on paper. I can't say I liked it, but I didn't hate it anymore either...Though a little stronger and intense than colognes I tend to like, I put some on just so I didn't have to be haunted by it anymore. I wanted to get it overwith. Just rent a room and get it out of your system, know what I mean? Needless to say, as it mellowed a bit and got it on with my chemistry, I absolutely LOVED it. I had to admit that I'd made a big mistake based on that first impression. This is one I adore for the bottle & box design, for its functionality, and mostly for its bold yet evolving scent as the day goes by. One of my favorites that I reach for when I am feeling adventurous -- or when I am not, but need to be feeling that way. Very unique fragrance to have in your palette....

evrenzos
evrenzos

nice, pleasant smell. not too havy, not too light. can really smell the lavender! i like to wear this in the day. it lasts for a couple of hours, then to really smell it someone needs to be really close to you. i like the red bottle, and the wood box it comes in!

Linden
Linden

Warm, sweet, woody scent with little development. Not very original in my opinion, smells a bit like watered down Burberry Brit, which I feel is far more interesting.

greystone
greystone

My wife bought this for me and when I sparyed it on myself I really loved how it smelled but after half an hour I could hardly smell anything.I wanted to try this fragrance because I love the Kenneth Cole Women fragrance my wife has but this fragrance is to expensive to fade so quickly.I would rather wear my wifes version.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

my husband thinks that this doesn't have lasting scent. He likes to spray cologne on and wants it to last thru the day so that other people make comments about it. It smells awesome. will buy it again for him

m-hani

برای یک بار داشتن خوبه
با احترام

periquito89
periquito89

Looks more like a red fruity-sweet than floral-sweet I think, but not like Joop's fragrances. There is a woody tone somewhat synthetic and very sharp during the first half an hour or more which could be agressive. I hardly use, but is interesting and youthfull, not particularly teen. Can be a good alternative indeed.

lovescully
lovescully

This is an interesting fragrance. It’s a gentle, woody, slightly creamy, slightly sweet, but still a masculine smell. It reminds me a bit of a cross between Baldessarini Ambre and Eau des Baux L`Occitane.

On first application I got a nice strong sense of spice and fruit, but that very quickly gave way to the cedar and sandalwood. Within about 20 minutes I swear I could already detect the start of the woody, vanilla & musky drydown; but it still stayed predominantly woody. After that I really couldn’t detect too much other than a close, musky, mild, woody skin scent.

However, for a seemingly gentle and low key scent, it’s certainly gets a lot of compliments. The first time I wore this to work, the woman I sat next to on the bus in the morning lent over and asked me what I was wearing, saying that I smelt delicious (30 minutes after application). Later that day when I went into the copy room at work before lunch (about 5 hours after application), the boss’s PA also said that my cologne was delicious and wanted to know what I was wearing! Then when I was out buying lunch, the woman behind the counter at Subway asked me what I was wearing. You guessed it; she said that I smelt delicious. I kid you not, this all happened on the one day.

I honestly didn’t think that much of it or that it projected that well, but obviously it does have very good sillage and the longevity isn’t too bad either. Considering that this can be found relatively cheaply, I would recommend for anyone who likes easy to wear, sweet/woody masculine fragrances (and definitely for those of you who want to be thought to smell delicious!).

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

Ok, I got this a couple of years ago thanks to Jon Bon Jovi!!It is a fabulous fragrance and screams grapefruit but in a manly-way! Lasts throughout most of the day. I spied my junior colleague creeping up behind me and taking a deep breath but I didn't pull her up on it 'cos that would be embarrasing!!I use the shower gel now which is great as well.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Good masculine fragrance one can easily sense the transition of notes from top to bottom. Each part has distinct notes. starts with strong spicy notes midnotes are soft/floral and basenotes give a trail of woody/spicy fragrance. Good projection and silage. i actually like the fragrance very much.
Overall i give it 7.5 out of 10.

PersonaNonGrata
PersonaNonGrata

I have to say this was a fluke - not knowing it I got it together with some other samples on ebay for test all of them I was more curious about - and it turned out to be the very best of them all! At first it seems to be nothing special indeed - nicely fresh but gentle AND quite elegant (the latter being an attribute that doesn't fit many male fragrances though)... But what really got me hooked is the drydown - it's incredibly sexy!!! Not sure if I (being a woman) can actually wear it, because it is a man I imagine when I smell this - oh if only I could find him!!! X)

rithacha
rithacha

This is really truly wonderful. The composition is dominantly woody, but each note adds something and comes together soo harmoniously. Where to begin? The snap of pepper that jolts you to attention and makes you wonder, "Who's that?" The crisp lemon that keeps it fresh and modern. The tingle of the vetiver/patchouli duo vibrating against the heart. The light blanket of aromatic lavendar, soothing, reassuring, and in control.

Smells goooood, real men only please, I highly recommend for a calm cool guy who appreciates good cologne.

Edit: it's worth noting that the lasting ability is tremendous. But further and further into the drydown, the cologne becomes sweeter and heavier, if you're into that.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I've seen some rave reviews from this one and when I tried it I was disappointed. What's so great about this? Another one that does not smell offensive but does nothing to make me want to buy.

guest_cutycuty
guest_cutycuty

for me it's a little bit strong, warm, not sexy, back of Kenneth Cole is th same but better but I chose RSVP because it a newest Scent of Kenneth Cole
when I use it (about 6 plush, 4 for my body, 2 for my t-shirt), I allways smell it like a hit touch to my noise and make me headache, but I like that. this scent can make some people surprise about your scent or hate yours.
I love the box, the bottle, the color but I don't like spray nozzle, it make me fill cheap.It's hard to take the Bottle out of plastic inside the box...hehehe

flem
flem

I like it. However, I think its the weakest link in the Kenneth Cole arsenal. By a pretty decent margin, actually.

However, with that said, it really is a good fragrance. It could actually really hit the spot if you are a big Patchouli/Vetiver/Cedar fan. It's pretty much woodsy through and through.

There is a hint of sweetness right at the top which makes up for the darker, warmer tones for the rest of the scent.

It's absolutely a night time/rainy day type of cologne to me. The age range is about 25+.

Talat001
Talat001

Good scent, but nothing special. Smells like Gucci Envy mixed with a vanilla sandalwood candle. This may appeal to some people, but when I buy a cologne I look for originality and uniqueness. There are so many people on the streets that smell like this that I would never buy it. Overall I give this a 7 out of 10 just because I enjoy the scents mixed, but in my opinion there is nothing enticing about this one.

dumaybee
dumaybee

i bought this for my boyfriend and i have absolutely no regrets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guest_irene
guest_irene

i bought it for my husband almost 2 years ago because i loved it and couldn't stay away from its tester in store for long time:))) now when the big bottle is over, i bought second:) for myself. as i found, my friends like it on me. i think it might be too sweet for some kind of men, but just right for me (lol)

marie08
marie08

I bought this for my husband and it smells great, I especially like the lavender. The only bad thing is that for some reason it doesn't last that long, but other than that a great scent.

Samir
Samir

I bought this almost by accident once and after coming home was near disappointed. But I didn't want it to go to waste so I started using it.

I quickly not only got used to it, but actually started preferring it over some other ones I liked previously.

It's one of the longest lasting fragrances I have in my collection and I use it at work mostly because of it.
My girlfriend also likes it but for some reason she cant remember what it is and constantly keeps asking me what I have on.

guest_Semso Boneparte
guest_Semso Boneparte

Thumbs up from me. Its not my favorite fragrance in the world but it's in regular circulation. Most importantly it lasts long enough to go through a work day.

.... and yes, I got a few compliments from women, but I just figured its my winning personality shining through ;)

jeca
jeca

It is very elegant, warm fragrance, with nice sweet and herbaceous notes, and warm woods. Not aggressive at all, modern and calm.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I bought this one for my boyfriend and he absolutely loves it... It's a nice, woody, masculine scent. I enjoy hugging him when he's wearing it :) Smells so good. The notes of cedar bring out the best in it. The box it comes in is awesome!

RSVP by Kenneth Cole 3.67 out of 5 based on 107 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenneth Cole RSVP fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenneth Cole RSVP, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify RSVP by Kenneth Cole. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of RSVP by Kenneth Cole represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.