Designers » I-K » Woody « Groups

Signature Kenneth Cole for men

Signature Kenneth Cole for men
dislike

Signature Kenneth Cole for men Pictures Signature Kenneth Cole for men Pictures

Signature by Kenneth Cole is a Woody fragrance for men. Signature was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Frank Voelkl. Top notes are orange, violet, grapefruit, pimento and cardamom; middle notes are orris root and water lily; base notes are spices, papyrus, amber, patchouli and guaiac wood.

Orange Violet Grapefruit Pimento Cardamom

Orris Root Water Lily

Spices Papyrus Amber Patchouli Guaiac Wood

Signature Fragrance Reviews

cvaile
cvaile

I also made this a bargain blind-buy and I am very impressed.

Like so many of you, I can't help but expect a serious fall/winter woody beast based on the color and bottlecap, but it's very much a warm-weather fragrance with the heavy citrus top-notes; it doesn't show it's woody core until the sillage has worn down to being a skin scent.

I very much like this as a work-scent and I look forward to seeing if the performance changes a bit when the weather cools off.

roozbeh.rezaie
roozbeh.rezaie

این کار با قیمت ۱۷۰ هزار تومان موجود است.مسیج بدهید

AristotlesPoetics
AristotlesPoetics

Blind-bought this out of a professional interest in papyri, and have worn it nearly every day for about two months. This is a smooth, sweet professional scent, well-suited to work, where it is unlikely to offend anyone. Moderate longevity, moderate sillage looks about right. Apparently now discontinued by Kenneth Cole, which would explain how I got the gift set (3.4oz cologne, stick deodorant & aftershave) for $28 at Amazon. A bargain.

ledlight
ledlight

I think in the list of notes are little mistake,this is waht fragrancenet.com say

Fragrance Notes: violet, espresso bean, amber, cardamom, grapefruit, water lilly, papyrus, wood, and patchouli.

Ozymandias86
Ozymandias86

I am very very happy I purchased this monster!! Seriously. This stuff smells so good. I feel like I'm walking through an enchanted garden smelling fresh trees and other gardeny luxuries! Also, and that's a big also, I sprayed this stuff at around 7pm last night, and woke up at 10AM The next morning and it was still going strong on the back of my hands. This fragrance is so inexpensive and is such a dominating powerhouse; this should be in everyone's arsenal. It is soft, yet sophisticated. It is refined, yet free and wild. I just adore this one!!

bryan.hongkong
bryan.hongkong

i am wearing for over ten years, it my absolute absolute favorite cologne, its expresso coffee + violet is just smell so masculine yet not in old strong way. u just feel like a million buck when you wear it. and i love love love the design of the bottle with the wooden magnetic cap.

Tommy2fish
Tommy2fish

I've been wearing this in the daytime this past week and absolutely love this, but what I smell and what the family smell are completely different. What I get and can't get past is a blast of vegetable platter with dip, and I love it! Not sure what it is because I'm unfamiliar with most of these note, when I read the reviews I can get the grapefruit scent but when I just catch whiffs I'm brought right back to this veggies dip/cucumberish/raddish?? Weird huh.
My wife says she gets a tobacco scent but doesn't get any of the notes I'm sensing, my daughter said she can gets a lot of Reaction in it.
I get great longevity with this, it's fresh, it's different. I can't wait for spring mornings to wear this working outside, or at a picnic lol. Got this on a blind buy based on one review and because it was inexpensive and I do not regret it at all, I'm going to blow through this pretty quick.

Mikeinmich
Mikeinmich

I have had this for years, it is one of my Very Favorites. Very masculine, and rich smelling. Reminds me of caramel. I have never seen it on anyone's top ten lists, but its on mine. I'm glad its not too popular, makes me smell more unique.

Ray Achnioach
Ray Achnioach

I was a bit suspitious of anything that featured the scent of grapefruit. I like a citrus note but I find most fruity scents to be too immature, wimpy, unisex, not appropriate for a gentleman, more suitable for a crowd following conformist boy. However the rest of the desciption was quite interesting and being at a local Marshalls and in the mood to try a new fragrance I picked this up based upon the previous reviews on this site. I'm estatic that I made this purchase. What am absolutely marvelous fragrance. I don't know where the grapefruit is hiding but I experience a high unidentifiable note that peaks ones olfactory interest and from there a beatifully balanced woody, slightly spicy aroma emerges. The spice is mainly cardamon not as strong as the cardamon in Zirh Ikon for example but it is the dominant spice. This isn't spicy in a Tabac manner at all. There is a lovely but not overpowering floral component. Perhaps it is the papyrus, a scent that I really don't know on it's own that makes this so pleasant. The amber rounds it out and makes it very smooth and delicious. Yes there is some orange in the background but not in an orange candy, Mentos manner. It's sophisticated, subtle and supporting. This is a scent for all occasions. Social, work or even romance. I find the ladies like it. This is an appropriate scent for both a mature gentleman or a younger man who is actually a man, not a boy. I have a huge collection of fragrances but since picking up Signature I've found myself using it almost daily. Soon the charm of this new favorite will wear off but this will be a part of my regular rotation of favored fragrances.

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

This is, by far, one of the best EdT concentrated (although not EdP) fragrances of all time. Every time I smell this it takes me back to my honeymoon!

pflyer85
pflyer85

This one definitely has that Reaction and Connected Reaction skeleton but has a slightly more mature feel which I would attribute to the woods. By mature I don't mean dated because this is definitely a modern scent but mature as in reaching a wider age range where I feel the Reaction line is very much more for teens to young 20s. This definitely isn't a cheapie that smells of niche quality. It's a bit synthetic and generic but it is nonetheless a pleasing scent that can easily be a "signature", pun intended. Nice workhorse scent that can be pretty much worn all year round for just about any occasion.

iBehnam
iBehnam

من این ادکلن رو بدون تست خریدم و پشیمون هم نیستم. بوی چوبی زیاد توش حس نمیشه ! بیشتر بوی گریپ فرویت غالبه. در کل راضیم ازش، برای پاییز و زمستان خوبه. پخش بو و ماندگاری متوسط.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I ran into a tester of this Kenneth Cole Signature at a discount store so I sprayed it on my wrist.. This is just my first impression.. Signature opens up with a fresh blast of citrus, lots of grapefruit, and hints of spice.. I get some of the water lily and orris in the heart but these notes are not to discernible as I find the scent to be quite linear.. Papyrus adds a nice dry woody touch to the fresh citrus while base notes like amber and patchouli tie everything together.. The amber in the base adds a touch of sweetness to this scent.. Fresh, a bit woody, a bit sweet, that's all this sent really is.. Signature comes off very synthetic and that is why it is not something I would personally wear.. If it wasn't so synthetic and the quality of ingredients would have been better than they might have had something special.. It is not horrible though if you are looking for a cheap casual scent this is a decent pick..

damightyheru
damightyheru

I'll always have a special place in my heart for this scent. It was my college signature scent before I got into frags. Its a gem IMO although i am quite biased on this one for the reasons i mentioned and I know the snobs will scoff at me for saying that. I get that it is synthetic and some would say generic but I like it anyway...When I wear it casually in the warmer weather it sticks to my t shirt and the dry down is really pleasant...I still get compliments from wearing it and that's a huge plus. Its one of the best hidden Gems for an under $25 fragrance without question.

I don't come across many scents with Papyrus notes in them and I really enjoy the woody citrus vibe of this scent.

Performance isn't the best in cold weather but its very versatile nonetheless. Besides you can easily remedy performance issues by spraying Signature from a wide distance to your clothes or carrying an atomizer. To me this is also a great alternative to Nautica Voyage. Ive come to find that Aquatics aren't my thing anymore and find the scent of Signature more mature and sexy (from what I'm told...lol) alternative to Voyage. I also find it strange that lovers of Voyage ignore, or are indifferent to Signature. I actually find that Signature smells better of the two even if Voyage is a better quality fragrance.

Its not the greatest performing frag but if you put this on your clothes it will create wafts that are very pleasant. Its definitely worth trying. Some frag snobs consider it a throw away though you can't tell from the fragrantica love, like, dislike ratings. It is very well received according to votes. Another thing I love about it is it isn't too dominant so it works well as a frag you can layer with other complementary scents. This is something I look for in frags. As a warm weather frag you can wear anytime, its worth the $25 to own it.

6.5 / 10

YouTube Channel- Simply Put Scents

JimmyPops
JimmyPops

I picked up Kenneth Cole Signature at Marshalls recently for $5. Now, granted, I had a gift certificate for $25 so a $30 cologne became much cheaper. Yeah yeah I cheated. Even at the full $30, this one is worth it. Kenneth Cole Signature shot right up to the top with some of my favorite fragrances in my collection.

I agree fully with cytherian that KCS is a little on the heavy side upon application. KCS gives you a nice citrusy slap of the orange and grapefruit but then it mellows down when the cedar and spices start to come in. By the time KCS has dried down, I find it to be a dominantly woody fragrance; that cedar note is a strong one, but it's rounded off nicely by the spices, patchouli and amber so while it's woody that's not all you're getting.

I own a lot of colognes that, in my opinion, do well all year round and I think KCS fits right into that category. The citrus notes give it a vibe that would work in the warm months (you might be hard pressed for summer but spring for sure), but has enough woods that KCS would be fine during the fall and winter. KCS is more of a formal, classy fragrance though so I am not sure I'd wear this one seeing my boys with a t-shirt and shorts, but with a nice polo, boat shoes and seeing my lady? Definitely.

Performance wise, again it's a little strong when first applied but that goes away quickly. Sillage for me seems to be pretty darn good if not a little bonkers but this probably goes back to that heavy start. I wore this to work the day after I got it and someone could smell me from a good 20 feet away yet they said it was really nice and not too much. Longevity seems to be alright; about 4 to 5 hours on my skin.

KCS can be had pretty cheap; I'm seeing $25 or so on Amazon for a 3.4 oz. bottle. In my eyes that's a plenty reasonable price for this juice. KCS has two thumbs up from me!

MsBacall
MsBacall

I bought this for my boyfriend and I LOVE how it smells on his skin. It is chic and sexy. It is a gorgeous office scent, running errands scent, or night on the town scent. It is versatile, classic, and timeless. It is a great starter cologne for those wanting to venture into fragrances. It is not cheap smelling at all. It has major umph and longevity. The first spray is citrus and fresh but with immense warmth. The dry down on my boyfriend is a luscious cedar. I highly recommend this to all. Also, the bottle is uber chic and it looks quite sophisticated on my man's dresser. Check this out!!!

ShaverX
ShaverX

Just picture nautica voyage with woods and a bit of orange an there you go. It is very easy to like and very versatile. Nice fragrance and well worth the money. Makes a great signature that will stand above the crowd of adg, le male and 1 million wearing yolos.

roll4fun
roll4fun

Test spray on inner arm was a mixed bag for me. "KCS" starts out smelling like discarded orange peels for the first 15 minutes. Scent then dries down to a pleasant,smooth woody/spicy aroma. I almost couldn't stop myself from sniffing my arm. I'd rate projection a solid 3/4 to full arm length.
Sadly, the longevity doesn't match the pleasing scent as it only lasted 1.5 - 2 hours on my skin. Longevity was best on my shirt sleeve at 4 hours.
With 100 ml bottle going for ~ $30 and 50 ml bottle for $20 in some places, I'm almost tempted to buy. However, some online Guerlain and Cartier deals beckon.....

lynwood234
lynwood234

i like KCS but I was looking for something that had the richness and depth and sophisticated sexiness of D&G the one. KCS is likable but is a one note with no depth. i wore on my neck to the gym and I though I was going to choke. it is probably not good for summer. I will try it again in the fall.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Refined, slightly mature fragrance that I'm surprised hasn't received more attention. Signature and Black are my favorite fragrances from KC. Signature is hard to describe, it is a serious cologne with a playful side if that makes sense. I don't reach for this one often, but on the right occasions it can be very nice. Evenings or formal use only in my opinion.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

Kenneth Cole Signature- quite possibly one of the best fragrances from this house.
From the top, this fragrance opens up with a strong citrus, woody scent before calming to more of the same but with a softer tone. It is simple, yet complex all at once. One cannot help but bask in the intricacies within, while relaying elementary notes with only one spray from this beautiful bottle.
I can see that this would be good for any occasion, as it is both sweet and tumultuous simultaneously. It sits softly on the skin, while resonating confidence to the one that wears it.
Projection is decent- around two hours with a trailing scent cloud, before dying down to perch upon the skin. It is not too short lived, but does not stay around all day like other scents.
Longevity seems slightly above average as well- 6+ hours on my skin.
Spray recommendations- one to the chest, two to the neck, and one on each wrist for maximum projection. This scent is pleasant and subtle enough to not overpower with an extra spray or two.

Longevity: 6/10 (6+ hours)
Projection: 6/10 (Scent cloud for 2 hours, then skin scent)
Versatility: 9/10 (Any darn time!)
Smell: 9/10 (Layers of amazing fragrance in one bottle)

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

یه عطر بسیار مناسب ازنظرقیمت کلاس بو ومخصوصا ظرف . بوی بدن وچوب .ازحق نگذریم خیلی خوبه

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Very grapefruit ladened frag. Some light spices and a touch of patch add some depth. My go to frag years ago but you need an atomizer to make it sparkle.Longevity is a bit poor but it's a lovely spring/summer scent. The pimento is also a key note. I have a backup of this .

Renato
Renato

For quite a few years, I wasn't that impressed with Kenneth Cole Signature.

But one day after visiting a shop,I put one spray of it on my wrist. Back at home, when my wife walked into the room she said "Wow, what's that you're wearing".

Plainly, my perception was extremely different from hers. So now I own a bottle. It has grown on me.
Regards.

cytherian
cytherian

I just got a bottle of KCS after reading many of the glowing reviews, not just here but also at other places.

I'm not well versed at describing fragrances as yet, but what I did find is that several people who have commented were rather close to my experience of this fragrance. I'll repeat them:

MariotGomez:
This is a nice fragrance for those who enjoy a top note of citrus (orange & grapefruit)which warms up down to an amber, woodsy fragrance. I enjoy it for the grapefruit, cardamon and light patchouli notes.

tessture:
Mandarin with spices and a touch of floral. Soft, warm, slightly woody with white velvety flower somewhere. Pretty scent and office-suitable.

BlackAmberMoon:
A hidden gem. Smooth woods and only lightly sweet in the drydown. Not too heavy or too light. Would be a great everyday scent for a man.

It is a bit heady when first put on, but the dry down is rather nice and long, trailing off to a rather pleasant aroma that lingers near the skin (if you don't over do it). I could see this as a "staple" fragrance. It's not what I'd call a signature scent necessarily, nor exclusive in its qualities. It's just a very enjoyable and pleasing cologne, one that you will enjoy having in your collection.

Btw, the wood cap is semi-porous. My bottle came partially used and ended up leaking, with the cap absorbing some of it. Well, now my bathroom smells like KCS! (Well it did for a while... the cap finally dried out). All of my other fragrances have air tight bottles, so you can't smell a thing. I may have to leave this bottle outdoors for a few days! ;-)

mnt
mnt

this is my first fragrance it smells very nice.

javeed
javeed

This is an amazing fragrance,i fell in love with it when i inhaled it.

paulhunter
paulhunter

Kenneth Cole Signature truly is different! I know all of the "smells like" fragrances and I beg to differ! Signature is woody with a metal tinge, something tart and zingy, and intriguing. This was my first real EDT and it's proved one of my most reliable fragrance friends.

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

fresh and woody and really it speaks out its quality on the very first spray, sillage is good , all in all a very nice fresh woody fragrance.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I'm really intrigued by this scent because of the fact that there is Water Lily in it. There are so few readily-available men's scents that contain Water Lily, and I'm dying to try it just for that.

babybash44
babybash44

At first, a very distinct woodsy fragrance with a metallic tinge. Great for Fall or Winter usage. When it dries down on the skin, a clean and much more versatile scent peeks through, but it does not project as well as a typical Winter cologne. This is great for dates, or going to the movies because of its' close-quarters sexiness. I've gotten compliments on this from a classmate who hates most fragrances, so that was flattering. The packaging suits this bottle very well- with it being well made (a magnetic feaux wood cap and a sturdy glass bottle,) classy, and refreshingly simple.

Bapi
Bapi

I bought it 16 months back guessing it to be a woodsy one. Bottle's wooden cover, the colour and spray on a test paper........all felt woody. But when I took it home and used it for a month I realised it's not what I thought. I don't say the smell is bad, but it's very subtle. The strong opening lasts for less than a minute. I just didn't see the grapefruit or orange in the opening. I didn't know the middle notes when I bought, but I thought the middle notes would be woody for sure. I was wrong again. Ok, the base has woodsy notes, but not enough. To me this one is more aquatic than woodsy. It still smells good, but surely not a woodsy one. It lasts less a little more than 2 hours, but silage is poor, really poor. I'd give it 5/10. I ended up giving it to a friend of mine, he was initially surprised that I'm giving MY perfume away, later he understood that this is just not what he too thought.

Veedabestchef

depends on your body chemistry..some will last longer and some last shoter...but its very light and subtle...sometimes you will forget your wearing this light beautiful scent....good for everyday use..but make sure you carry this with you if you want to get notice all day or night...

Veedabestchef

This is very sexy fragrance by kenneth cole..I love the opening..Its light sweet of type fragrance..it wont offend nobody around you if you spray more than 4.. The orange and the violet make it a wonderful scent...lil spicy, soft, and warm at the same time..This is good for everyday use, because its not very strong and harsh.longevity and sileage are great...last about 8 hours in my skin with 4 or 5 spray...Im glad i found this because i dont see alot of people wearing this...This is like under the radar type of fragrance...Kenneth cole make great fragrance for men..This one by far my favorite..Sexy and alluring

alphala
alphala

I was just testing some edt's for men in a perfumerie, I just had some spare time in the Mall and was bored. When I tested all the men fragrances i thougt "they smell all the same - something fresh mixed with a lot of pepper". Then I put Kenneth Cole Signature on the blotter, I didn't know this fragrance at all
ant then...
I thougt "OMG this is so gorgeous, so unique, fresh, masculine and sexy" and bought it right away for my boyfriend. He loves it too. Beside Azzaro Chrome this is one of the best men's EDT's ever!

guest_Irfanullah Khan Marwat
guest_Irfanullah Khan  Marwat

First of all thanks to Frank Voelkl.Thanks to those who invented something different, something very Nice and that is kenneth cole signature.
I'll just suggest to those who spent a lot of time in shop for choosing perfumes, "just close your eyes and pick kenneth cole signature". Though there are others, more attractive, but there is something special in it, something romantic,something loving, something which can make your mood very good.

instantjim
instantjim

I recently got a sample of this and spent the drive home from the store repeatedly spraying and sniffing my wrist (as discretely as possible so as to not look like I was snorting some kind of illicit substance). The fragrance had a very attractive opening which I found hard to identify.

There was something fruity and familiar about the top notes, was it melon? Hard to say. Was it lemon? Not exactly. What I can say is that it is kind of melony, but not so much as something like Cool Water Game for Men. To me it is somewhere between melon and citrus, or if you like, sitting somewhere between Dolce and Gabbana Masculine and Cool Water Game.

It has a slight tartness which prevents it from being too sweet. The fruity sweetness is also balanced with subtle floral notes. As the fruity notes recede floral notes over the top of woody notes dominate.

This is a fairly light fragrance which I could imagine wearing all year round, but that would be especially good for warmer weather.

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

So unexpectedly .. Iam so in love with it!! As well as black code!! Can't resist and I had to grab both!! Hahah

zahidyne
zahidyne

I've been wanting this one for a long time and finally managed to get it. I love the scent and it's definitely my favourite. Masculine, yet gentle. One grouse is that it fades away too soon.

urobian
urobian

a fruity base with a little spicy touch, weak, light and nothing to share more than " nice " and " simple" fragance, You can chose others !

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

readyken
readyken

This is what I am looking for.I firstly tried Kenneth Cole Signature by accident and fallen in love with this scent right away.It's so fresh and warm with reasonably valuable price! Kenneth Cole is another fragrance winning my taste.

Gina
Gina

I love this scent! Its so warm, spicy and sexy but its not heavy. Its a magnet. Why does no one wear it?

Abbas
Abbas

The first impression is nice smell of cigar that provoke hidden buds and chnage the whole enviornment gorm dull to live and attract women automatically!
my favourite scent!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This is a nice fragrance for those who enjoy a top note of citrus (orange & grapefruit)which warms up down to an amber, woodys fragrance. I enjoy it for the grapefruit, cardamon and light patchouli notes.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenneth Cole Signature fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Kenneth Cole Signature, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Signature by Kenneth Cole. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Signature by Kenneth Cole represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.