Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

7:15 am in Bali Kenzo for women and men
dislike

tropical
7:15 am in Bali Kenzo for women and men Pictures

7:15 AM in Bali is time and place of fragrant journey by the house of Kenzo, which takes us to the very heart of exotic places this year: a divine island, where even palms, sea and exotic flowers enjoy spending time. 7:15 AM in Bali is a perfume dedicated to all who possess adventurous spirit, who long for connection of natural and fragrant impression of nature. This is the first perfume from the collection of journeys which will add new aromas and adventures through new editions. The perfume 7:15 AM in Bali represents morning on this island, while day is waking up and nature is flourishing in the fresh air while sun is rising.

This gourmet and profoundly sensual fragrance opens with notes of sparkling grapefruit, which tingles your nose just like sun rays are touching your skin with passion fruit reminding us of this exotic paradise. The heart is pleasantly housing Sambac jasmine, which was given a special name by islanders – Gods of Bali's Flower! Its delicate aromas intertwine with orchid aromas, offering a floral, exotic bouquet.

We are ready for new surprises while waiting for the base notes. Vanilla which wraps your aura waits for its moment to appear and to wrap you with passionate experience of its warm aromas and capture you with adventurous and exotic spirit of Bali.

The perfume arrives in a bottle decorated with colours of sunrise, light orange iridescent nuances, and remind us of awakening of nature, with a photograph painted on the outside package. This exotic creation is a work of designer Marina Crespin, and is available as a limited 50 ml EDP edition. Creator of the fragrance is perfumer Daphne Bugey. 7:15 am in Bali was launched in 2008.

Grapefruit Passionfruit

Jasmine Orchid

Vanilla

7:15 am in Bali Fragrance Reviews

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Long ago, I sold my Kenzo 7:15 am in Bali on EBay. I thought it was too strong with crazy longevity on me and "flat" vanilla. At that time, I was wearing Chopard Casmir, so you can see why the poor Kenzo didn't stand a chance.
I recently swapped for it, and I got it back into my collection. At the same time, I swapped for a 5ml decant of L'Elephant. I thought I really would learn more by wearing these two Kenzo vanillas side by side, so the left wrist has the L'Elephant and the right wrist has the 7:15 in Bali.
Both are creamy, but not sweet vanillas. I use mexican vanilla when I cook because it's much better quality and has almost no alcohol. Kenzo vanilla is like that. It's rich and creamy pure vanilla pared down. So, what the house of Kenzo does, is add other elements to that vanilla base to change it up. The L'Elephant has a dry leaves and hot dirt in the sun feeling. Because I also have Dzing!, which has the horse note, this Kenzo does have a dry elephant skin note at the very opening! I really don't know how they managed that, but I love it. This fragrance DID remind me of my safari in Kenya. It had the wide open skies, the airy vast feel, the dry hot earth in the sunshine (not wet damp dirt like Demeter), and sunshine all on top of that cozy vanilla. The citrus notes with the vanilla actually smell like sunshine! I feel like this really would be the perfect fragrance to wear on safari when you're in the hot sun in those open air jeeps watching all the beautiful elephants walk by. It's making me feel so happy I could cry.

The 7:15am in Bali has that same vanilla base, but with soft palm fronds layered over it. I also got a very very light orchid smell, which I would like to amplify. This one also reminded me of Bali. Bali is probably the lushest, greenest, most floral place I've ever been. One of my favorite things to do in Bali is to go to the spas. There are so many spas in town where you can get a massage, bath, and scrub. One place I feel in love with had little cabanas in a circle around a carved teakwood garden setting. You'd go into your little cabana and get into a warm bath with a ton of floating orchids, then you'd get a sugar scrub and a massage. After the massage, you go sit on a teakwood recliner in the flower garden to relax. Kenzo has managed to bottle all that!! The only note that I didn't get much of was the orchid flowers, but I can layer it in. The 7:15 in Bali has the green palm fronds from the garden, with the vanilla smell that I love, with a hint of the warm woods. I can't believe I couldn't smell this when I first owned it, and now, I am completely head over heels in love!

hernie
hernie

I do love Amour and I think 7:15 is like his cousin. More creamy, soft and more wearable all year. I bought it in a store in Bahamas. Love at first. Sad it's discontinued. Why is that??????.

7:15am in Bali is all about creamy vanilla, candied passionfruit and sparkling grapefruit. Not necessarily a scent that I'd associate with a tropical country like Bali, but delicious and fun nonetheless.

This fragrance is more than likely going to appeal to younger consumers due to its sweet and fruity nature. I found myself quite drawn to it at first, however I must admit that I was later disappointed because it smelt similar to other mainstream vanilla fragrances.

So far I have only been able to find this limited edition in duty free stores. My guess is that it is intended for travellers.

If you already enjoy Kenzo Amour, you'd probably like 7:15am in Bali. Kenzo does vanilla well. I can wear this fragrance without getting too much of a headache. It's quite a shame that this fragrance isn't more readily available.

The orchid note in the heart causes this fragrance to smell a tiny bit like Britney Spears' Fantasy, however this similarity is fairly short-lived. I would say that 7:15am in Bali is quite an easy fragrance to like.

The lasting strength is average and the sillage is fairly soft. It's a hard fragrance to track down, but I would recommend searching for it online if you're serious about buying it.

windhill
windhill

Love from the first split. Actually it's not that feminine to me. The sweetness of this fragrance come from vanilla and no heady floral. It's simple(I admit) but still very good. Sweet and creamy. Very comforting like a dawn and morning breeze at beautiful resort. a romantic one.

For the unisex fragrance it may a bit on feminine side but not too feminine for a guy either. I found it soft vanilla and not candy or floral sweet. New fav for me and I'll take it everywhere.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

Another great find by the House of Kenzo. And as usual, I always fall hard for LE's fragrances and this is now very hard to find. I don't know "notes" too well, but this is an exotic blend of familiar smells. This is a lovey tropical with orange vanilla and some coconut cream yet it's not foody. I love orange in the warmer months and usually find vanilla better in cooler months. But this is done in such a way I'd prefer it warmer months, but will wear it year round. The orange is the perfect citrus fruit that's not bitter like grapefruit or tart like lemon. The vanilla is not a warm vanilla but more like vanilla ice cream. And the coconut gives it the creaminess and exoticisim that tropical quality. I will wear this when i go on vacation . . . whether it is for real or just in my imagination. Simply lovely.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An incredibly feminine sexy gourmand which is powdery vanilla with sweetness and warmth..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 2 mins. Fills the room. This bottle is EDT, Initial smell is synthetic and a little bit off

2 mins -1 hour - 1 foot projection. Okay, here we go, the true scent reveals itself and I am confused, this is listed as unisex...???? "you've got to be kidding me".. John Mcenroe.. This is so femine sexy, it is amazing, it leaves me stunned, this is tanned cougar, vanilla-powdery-sweety gourmand with a hint of what smells like leather (not listed). Ages 34- 56. Wowie!

1 hour - 4 hours - 8 inch projection. Quite linear, so sexy, can't get enough of it...

4 hours - 6 hours - 3 inch projection with some trails

6 hours - 8 hours. 2 inch projection, drydown not as nice as start and some sourness comes in

Long lasting

I have been to Bali and there was no smell to recall. What there was though close to Bali was the single most incredible smell that I have ever come across, which I recommend lovers of aromas experience once in your life- you will be astonished. Get a slow boat from Bali to Lombok to arrive in Lombok for approx just before dusk... You will experience 30 mins away from Lombok the most incredible enthralling burst of spice aromas which will encaspsulate your love of fragrance forever..

(Then take an overland bus journey through the Spice Islands to Flores, seeing Komodo, Mt Keli Mutu's dawn, and all that the Indonsesian reefs have to offer.. enjoy the sun and diverse ethnic cultures of multiple islands and most important, take it easy for once!)

Very good

Danyhella
Danyhella

That's an interesting one. I got a sample of it and as I tried for the first time I didn't believe this was unisex as it seems to me that this is really female scent. But why not, after a while I could imagine a man wearing this one too - but I would prefer something more masculine for men though. Backt o Bali: I feel like vanilla puding wearing this one - which makes me feel comfortable and somehow I find it attractive too. Nice, cozy, warm (prefer this one for winter or fall would do either I guess)...

I obtained a small bottle of Kenzo 7:15am IN BALI out of curiosity from a discounter (hence, scent unsniffed), and after several wearings, I have to say that I'm not really smitten with it. I say this because it seems as though I am alone, given all of the glowing reviews.

To my nose, BALI seems a bit off somehow. It may be that the orchid and fruit are imparting a slightly sour cast to the vanilla, and that may very well have been intended by the perfumer as an olfactory effect, but unfortunately it reminds me somewhat of the endless catalogue of bad synthetic sandalwood vanilla frags.

I should say that, on a good day, I find this perfume rather pleasant to wear, albeit not that exciting, and I do always perceive its synthetic cast--it's just that on a good day I don't mind that so much. I suppose that since this is a limited edition travel issue to be sold at duty-free shops at airports to tourists on their way to vacations in far away exotic places, BALI is supposed to convey the calmness one feels while lying on a beach having left all one's worries behind back home. So it's not really supposed to be a high-energy, revolutionary scent.

Rather oddly, every time I see the image on the bottle, before having focused, it looks like a bodybag to me. On closer examination, it proves to be some pillows on a bed. And maybe that's a good metaphor for the contents of the bottle as well.

tsa22
tsa22

Very nice, warm perfume for a special evening. It smells a bit sweet, like vanilla, with something light warm woody and a little jasmine...

Very sexy, feminine, attractive and chique perfume. I love it very much! It's a pity this was a special edition only on sale at the airport.

ecpkngt
ecpkngt

This smells like the morning sun on your skin, the kind that lets you know as it caresses you through the cool that the day will be scorching later on

And also there are creamsicles. But in a good way.

Lighter than 5:40 pm in Madagascar, but still warm and enveloping. Easy going. Vacation in a bottle. Another comfort scent of mine.

Raquel73
Raquel73

I cannot to smell anything :S

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

Oh... I don't think it's boring! It's a cuddly warming fragrance, as a matter of fact, one of my favorites! I sense mostly vanilla, than orchid and maracuja. It's great but doesn't last very long on me. 'Ts great!!
Lasting power: 3/10
Oh and what is sillage? :0)

Another boring citrus/vanilla blend. The grapefruit in this is exceptional, very realistic and fresh, but in the end, it's just another citrus vanilla scent.

SheShe
SheShe

I like it, but I prefer 5.40 P. M. in Madagascar, it lasts longer and it's more memorable.

Kenzo in Bali is a pleasant smell with strong vanilla and flowery notes, also nice grapefruit. All in all stays rather close to skin but more than 12 hours on me, that's good. It's darker than Kenzo in Madagascar, actually it brings flowers and fruit covered in chocolate to my mind, or a room in semi-darkness, spring or summer, morning is near, air blooms. Comforting and subtle, a bit similar to Madagascar in climate but different ( it's thicker, Madagascar is more as if a cloud was flowing around you).
I'd say it's a fragrance good for days you just want to feel comfortable, nice, you're tired of too sophisticated fragrances and as if you went to hot countries. I've never been to Bali, so hard to say if it shows the real atmosfere in the place, but I really admire these fragrances - stops to show atmosphere of nature and places I've never been to.

The bottle looks nice. What the fragrance lacks is I wish there were better quality ingredients here.

In my opinion it's oriental-vanilla or even oriental gourmand (but not imitating food!)

Lasting power: 3,50/5
Fragrance: 3,7/5
Sillage: 3/5
Bottle: 4,80/5

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

A pleasant smell, but the common good. There hidartantes lotions you buy at pharmacies and suermercados smells very similar. Despite being mildly sweet, can be frec, something like a passion fruit popsicles ... The fund vanilla is very cozy, is not dense, but that evaporates and leaves a touch of purity to the skin as well ... Think of a leaf with a green and fresh passion fruit mousse on top. That's how I feel when using this perfume! But there's a catch, it's a scent that is not noticed, have to get up close to see, lasts up to 4 hours on my skin

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

To be in Bali right now and wake up to fresh fruit, followed by warm, milky, jasmine infused rice pudding for breakfast...

Really, it's that simple, but good. I'm reminded very much of Lavanila Laboratories Grapefruit Vanilla--lush but sparkling at the same time with a good quality base.

tycon
tycon

one of my friens used this, since i smelled i triedto find it but unfortunately i couldnt find it where i live.
she says that the salesman told her that really in bali in 7:15 am flowers makes the air smell like paradise and this parfume has been created to smell like that!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Delicate yet sensual, discreet and lovely, this perfume is a true beauty covered in a veil of modesty.
I love it, the flowers, vanilla and passion fruit are so superbly blended, it smells very "niche" if I can say that.
This perfumes is indeed sweet and humid, smells like rays of sunshine on wet flowery gardens or jungle. It has a salty undertone, almost like skin covered in ocean water warming in the sun.
Silage is minimal, lasting power less then average too. The bottle, quite hideous. What were they thinking?
I don't understand why Kenzo would create this little beauty, and give it so little power....
Recommended because it's truly a beautiful skin scent, but it should definitely be stronger.

divadani
divadani

I was very excited to try this scent for a few reasons. First of all, "7:15 am in Bali"? I mean, come on! That sounds wonderful! If a perfume can transport me to a morning in Bali, it's definitely worth a try. And second of all, the reviews on here were very good, people seem to love it.

I loved it too when I finally got my hands on a small decant. It's deliciously sweet and summery, like the smell of sunscreen and dry oil on sundrenched skin. The jasmine and vanilla envelop you in a comforting blanket of scent. It is easy to wear, not offensive to people around you, and works really well as a summer scent.

However, the love affair didn't last long. I'm not sure why, but shortly after smelling it for the first few times, I started picking up on a sharp note. And every time I smelled it after that, my nose went straight for that sharpness. Maybe it's the grapefruit or passionfruit, but it's like coming across a slice of lemon inside a rich chocolate cake. It takes away from the rich mellow sweetness, and ruins it for me a little bit.

I'll still wear the rest of my decant and maybe even venture into buying a full bottle if I see one, because it is quite a nice scent. But the short staying power and sharpness make it difficult to really love.

Ray_Starlight
Ray_Starlight

I use it to go to college, it's not a strong fragrance, but it's delicious! Everytime I use it I feel good. The fixation is very good in my skin, above 5 hours.

redrose
redrose

well,it is nice fragrance but nothing special. For me it is light,really light version of Amour. Lasting power minimal.

guest_VaL
guest_VaL

Among hundreds of bottles at an airport duty free I saw one. It was the 1st time I fell in love with this perfume. I thought to myself how should it smell and when I tried it this was where I "became engaged" :) to it. It does fade away quickly but anyway it's worth having it.

guest_bali-bali
guest_bali-bali

For the big users of 7am in Bali, have you found any substitute to that wonderful perfume since it left the market?

7am in Bali was the perfect perfume to me; delicate, light, fresh. Wearing it felt like you just got out of a delicious bath. An explosion of relaxing flavors.

teedee
teedee

bali smells more gourmand than floral fruity on me. got a hint of fresh fruits on top, later it settles to soft rounded sweet vanilla.

i am not a huge fan of vanilla dominated base notes, but this one was just perfect on my skin. it is light, yet sweet without sticky cloying artificial sweetness that i usually get from gourmand smelling perfumes.

this one is not that easy to get though... kinda regretted i didnt get this one the moment i saw it...

c3c
c3c

7:15 am in Bali is a creamy wonder. It starts, and finishes, the same on me which makes me very happy. It's a creamsicle reformed into a high end, low lit, romantic restaurant, fine dessert. This would be a custard delicately, a lightly browned top, surrounded by creamy orange and vanilla sauces lightly drizzled on the plate. The creamsicle effect is most likely the passion fruit blended with the vanilla but it's very soft and unassuming and I love it.

It stays close to the skin after the opening but it's well worth the effort to re-apply if needed. For me it conjures up a humid steamy summer evening out. It isn't necessarily sexy, more warm and slightly sultry. I just picked up a full bottle after burning through my sample vial. I agree with nathalieZ, this is definitely more feminine.

gesch
gesch

this is delightful, without being neither lifealtering nor a masterpiece - but I find myself returning to this fragrance, everytime I get the chance and am sad of not owning a bottle!
it's a comfy, not too fruity-floral with one the best measured natural vanilla notes I've smelled so far. The passionfruit stars in this fragrance, along with a silky touch of vanilla-ed flowers.
Only critic: Why only selling at AP and as limited ed?

guest_wiek
guest_wiek

i am in love with Bali as i am inlove with this new parfume by Kenzo.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

The opening was a delight! I couldn't tell it was grapefruit--just something citrus. It almost began as a light orange creamsicle on me. The passionfruit kept the grapefruit from being to bittersweet & citric. But the middle notes turned into something not so pleasing to my senses--almost the same way that Moschino Funny dried down on me. This wasn't as bad though. It turns almost into a powdery vanilla with a hint of citrus/fruity flavor after the middle notes go away. I'm on the edge over this one. Sillage isn't great (but I only have a sample). Might be different in spray form. It's been on me for 3 hours so far, and still seems to remain noticeable if you're in close proximity of me. Will update when it begins to fade completely.

Something about it reminds me of Oscar de La Renta Fresh Vanilla.

ultraviolettt
ultraviolettt

I was flirting for several month with this perfume, in each airport i passed.
Finally decided to buy but then the next one appeared (madagascar) creating a big dilemma :) finally i went for Bali, mostly for the passionfruit-orchid combination.

iMaverick
iMaverick

7:15 AM in Bali captures a calm, romantic mood. Jasmine meets a green orchid note, floating in a sea of vanilla.

It is rich, intense and heavy, but does not float too far from the skin. It is intimate and holds a secret in its slow and languid composition.

A man can wear this for evening or romantic occasions, because it does have a slightly woody undertone, as long as it is not overdone.

atenais_only

I like it again and again, it's perfect for hot weather. It's not disturbing very sweet and soft.

ayaa
ayaa

7.15 in bali
the box, the bottle, the name that picked, instantly takes my mind away off of my body and sharply taken to bali

sunset at tanahlot, dinner at jimbaran, sunrise at sanur, and other magical moment at magical place there

7.15am in bali must be the alternative for those who need a vacation but have no time
this is awesome

docmarkus
docmarkus

Hi!
I absolutely loved the smell of this perfume when I first found it at an airport duty free.
However the fragrance really does disappear quickly from my (male) skin - I applied some at the departing and arriving airport and when I got home an hour later it was only slightly perceptible ...
I might buy it if I find it on sale somewhere, but at about EUR 50 per 50ml EdT I would hope for a little more "bang for the buck" ...
Regards, Markus

giny
giny

I got a small sample from this wonderful fragrance and when I tested, I knew: I will buy a whole bottle.
The fragrance is soft, not too strong, but fit to my skin very well. When dries down, I feel vanilla and orchid, and - it’s interesting - feel some coconut notes (although not contains coconut). It’s not similar, but the character of this fragrance on my skin reminds me to JLO Miami Glow. When I wear, my feeling is the same: hot summer nights at the sea. When I would name this fragrance, would be rather 7:15 PM in Bali.

atenais_only

I enjoy this fragrance very much though I have to agree it doesn't last long. This perfume I find sweet and soft as a morning with beloved one.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I'm not sure what's going on for me with this perfume, but I can't smell it very well. It appears to me to be so faint and fast-fading on my skin that I am beginning to wonder if I am anosmic to it. What I can smell is a faint floral that smells like a pleasant fabric softener. I've never had a perfume fade so quickly on my skin, which made it very disappointing. Might be a nice match for someone who is looking for a very soft floral.

AmilkA
AmilkA

bought it and instantly it became this period's favourite! very feminine, not too bold, gentle, might be a bit stronger.. but no probs, still it's adorable!

leomat2008
leomat2008

I only can smell orchid and vanilla... but also liked it, for a man it´s diferent. I use to work and to sleep coz it makes me feel confortable.

fontanelle
fontanelle

i think it is really special because you feel like you want to bath in the scent the instant you smell it. i tried it at the airport first and couldn't forget it so i got it on the flight back. i wear it nearly everyday because it makes me feel extremely comfortable.

F_A
F_A

I love the sweet and sour openning, but later it becomes soapy on my skin and just fades away very quickly:(

Marra
Marra

A nice, light, "low-pressure" perfume. Could be a bit more twisted, i like it and use it on an everyday basis, but it's not special or exciting. May be it's for those days when you don't really know what mood you are in? :)

melozberk
melozberk

I bought it from the airport without waiting for the test results.Normally I adore Kenzo and I was very impressed about the name and the package. But for the scent I would say that jasmine and passion fruit is so weak (or maybe just on me) I can slightly smell orchid and vanilla but not so warm as usual, mostly in a masculine way. It obviously didn't fit to my skin very well, I have to renew it 2-3 times a day.It is definetely a light fragrance without any significance. I am curious about the way it smells on men, I guess it would be better.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

it´s not!!!
I expected sth really special and unique, but it´s just a flat fruity, undefined floral.bad.....

7:15 am in Bali by Kenzo 4.12 out of 5 based on 197 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo 7:15 am in Bali fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo 7:15 am in Bali, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 7:15 am in Bali by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 7:15 am in Bali by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.