Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Ca Sent Beau Kenzo for women

Ca Sent Beau Kenzo for women
dislike

tuberose
Ca Sent Beau Kenzo for women Pictures Ca Sent Beau Kenzo for women Pictures Ca Sent Beau Kenzo for women Pictures Ca Sent Beau Kenzo for women Pictures Ca Sent Beau Kenzo for women Pictures

Ca Sent Beau by Kenzo is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Ca Sent Beau was launched in 1989. Top notes are patchouli, bergamot and mandarin orange; middle notes are coriander, tuberose, african orange flower, gardenia, jasmine, ylang-ylang and peach; base notes are vetiver, amber and vanilla.

Patchouli Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Coriander Tuberose African Orange flower Gardenia Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Peach

Vetiver Amber Vanilla

Kenzo

Ca Sent Beau Fragrance Reviews

Katbaby
Katbaby

Probably one of the most memorable and enjoyable summer perfumes I've ever had the pleasure of owning. Seems impossible to find now.

beautydiva
beautydiva

One of my "must have" fragrances:)
I had it since years and almost constantly have it. Lastly bought it at strawberrynet and thought to be a gift for a friend.
Then decided to keep it again for myself:)
Why?
As this fragrance is unique. Its spirit gives me always what I need in the moment - confidence, charm, allure.
It's a compliment for every woman.
Simply amazing for me...
Use it all the year:)

derkargy
derkargy

A marvellous perfume,perfect for all seasons,especially the sunny days of winter and fall.

kneissl
kneissl

I am wearing this fragrance today for the first time since my last bottle of Kenzo back in the early 90s! It is not easy to find so I was delighted when I realised it has been re-released as Ca Sent Beau. Thank you Fragantica!

It has changed a bit since I remember it. I don't consider this to be fruity any more; I don't get any at all. Innocent? No! It's an intense steamy floriental that needs to be approached with care! The bottle disguises a deep and heady juice much like Michael by Micheal Kors which I also own and adore. Staying power is amazing, will be smelling it for days! This is the floral I want to wear on a cold miserable day to lift my spirits and warm my soul. Love it!!!

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

This is the most adorable scent on this planet. It is soft and gentle and at the same time unique. Suitable for women all ages and for all seasons and occasions. I will never stop wearing it. My signature forever.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

I'd almost forgotten about this fragrance. Thanks to Icecube's review, this bought back memories. Quite frankly, it's been a LONG time since I smelled this, all I could remember was a very bright sweet floral, probably orange blossom with amazing sillage ( I used to spray my wrists and wash it off a bit before I step out of the house). The fragrance eventually turned but I kept it for years because of the pretty bottle.

icecube
icecube

A 70 ies old school perfume. Classy, beautiful flovery opening.
A weak orangenote in the background.
Dries down to a vaxy smelling fragrance.
Ends smelling as a mixture of vax and mimosa.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Smells dated, but somehow I like it. Orange blossom is the most prominent note to my nose. Ca Sent Beau is a fresh floral with a touch of aldehydes. Soapy, cologne-y, kind of sharp. It reminds me of my dad's cologne that he used to wear a very long time ago.

Kysyona
Kysyona

I do feel sorry that I am going to bring this one a few points down, but the point of reviewing on MUA is to tell "truth and nothing but the truth", and my truth about this scent is that it failed to work with my nose and my chemistry, and I am saying that after having used up 2 bottles: that's how much I wanted to like it! I absolutely love the bottle, and I was looking for such a long time for a crispy white/yellow/green summer scent that would make me feel like a nymph in an afternoon forest. Perhaps it all has to do with expectations set too high. I bought both bottles unsniffed because I had never ever disliked a Kenzo scent before - all of them appealed to me in different ways somehow. But the 1st sniff I took had me breaking into sweat: oh no, this has gone BAD! Or is it a fake?!! Or is it so old that I. living in a new century, simply don't get it? It was like a cologne-soaked elderly woman's undies! So chemical and so artificially pungent!! I, wanting to get my money#s worth out of it anyway, still wore it for month, starting each day with the thought:" Ok, maybe I will like it now" and being let down again and again. Since I was staying in the countryside that summer I didn't really care how I smelled, and wanted to wear basically anything that was more than just skinscent. Alas, I did end up with my own scent, because this perfume evaporated after half an hour and never, not once, did it leave a trail of ever being sprayed! The 2nd bottle I have used up as an air freshener: the angry acid did seem to eat up any bad smell around, so still grateful for that. I will repurchase a small sample of perfume/eau de perfume if I find it, because eau de toilette was money thrown out in the air, literally!

bruby
bruby

I love this scent, it is my 'signature' scent, it makes me happy when I am sad and confident when I feel I need that, makes e feel sophisticated and chic, it fills the room and lasts forever on my clothes. I simply adore it!

Eneroangel
Eneroangel

very sweet, very powdery, floral and a little green. Feminine, innocent and clean. A great classic !

Fizzy
Fizzy

There are situations, you want to smell bombastic good, fresh, but somehow serious and chic and not sexy a lot. For example going for an interview for a job or just do it your work properly and fast.

Here is the perfect fragrance for it and I am so glad about it. I tested it about month and today stocked up with 2 bottles more, because it is just so delicious serious. It does not make sense to describe the smell, because I have no idea, what it is, but if you have good eyes and can read the lousy small ingredients list, you may see: Oakmoss extract and tree moss extract.

I think, this is one of the small amount of fragrances dealing with naturally raw stuff. Even if applied this loud and intensive perfume with heavy hand over and over you, I do not get headache, which is very practical, if you have to work hard.

Sillage about one-two hours, longevity 7-8 hours (EdT!!) When the perfume is dying, it smells a bit like Dune from Dior.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Intriguing essence in a Japanese style without a 1989 feeling. Liked it at first sniff, maybe due to my favourite orange blossom, but separate notes here are “out of the coverage”, as well as its fragrant group: don’t count on something fruity floral. A stylishly intellectual abstract composition with mentally seductive personality. Like Eau Indigo's mother is playing chess, Oops!.. - Sudoku. I imagine that for casual style it could be a bit serious, also is not the one to veg out with, but for the right time and place it could be a hit. Rather unique successful blend on the modern market. Yes, Yamamoto tried to follow this path with Yohji Yamamoto pour Femme (2004) - similar coriander edge, in YY it seems rough and unfriendly - but Ca Sent Beau is more smoothly balanced and much more interesting as if meant for women who get better with age. :)
5 ***** from TS? Personally, I would give it 4 stars for sure.

jtd
jtd

This is technically a fruity-floral. It is a plummy orange/tangerine draped with tuberose and orange blossom. But I suppose this is a floriental. I mean it’s white flowers resting on a comfortable amber. And I reckon it’s a fougère since it seems to have a dark, nutty coumarin base. Chypre? Yeah, there’s bergamot and oakmoss.

I’m not even joking. What the hell is this? Fruit? No question. Perhaps orange, more likely tangerine. It’s definitely floral. A bit of steamy orange blossom and a bucket of green, creamy tuberose. Amber for days (literally) spiked with patchouli. And the darkness---coumarin? oakmoss? Mix it up with a good measure of musk and you wind up with a languid slurry of a perfume. In tone, Ça Sent Beau is like a grand queen about 2 martinis into holding court with a gathering audience. A little tipsy, talking fast, one opinion to the next. An increasing flourish and emphasis that don’t quite cover up the slurred speech. Mesmerizing.

And while this is a cousin to Prescriptives Calyx---tasty fruity chypre--- Ça Sent Beau replaces the straight-forward oakmoss base with a narcotic cough syrup base made of what seems like oakmoss and coumarin.

CSB’s components are not so much potent as heavy, but the balance is perfect. Rather than calibrate the heavy with lighter elements, the cough syrup base adds some shadow to the density and makes it feel sultry.

I can think of four definitively syrupy perfumes that I like. Serge Lutens’s Cedre (mothball syrup.) Lutens's Arabie (spice cabinet syrup.) Badgley Mischka’s Badgley Mischka (simple syrup.) And Ça Sent Beau. I think cough syrup is my favorite.

mymlan
mymlan

At last I got a chance to test Ca Sent Beau (thanks Tankgirl!). What a delicious fragrance! It opens up juicy and slightly peppery with mandarin orange and orange flower with a hint of tubrose whispering in the background. Somehow it reminds me of ginger in this stage.

After a while it becomes more floral, and warmer and sweeter from amber and just a tiny touch of patchouli. The fragrance has a mote of saltiness that I find very appealng. I don't find it animalistic as some do, but it's not a crowdpleaser either. It's a complex fragrace that I would like to wear a warm summer day. Sillage and longevity medium.

JToronto
JToronto

I have a very different reaction to this fragrance: to me, it smells exactly like baked apples, fruity and sweet with cinnamon. The dry down becomes more subtle and a little less sweet, but it still makes me think of Thanksgiving dinner and crisp autumn days. For me, yes, "That smells good", but I don't wear it very often because it seems somewhat lacking in sophistication. Perhaps I should give it away to a teenage girl?

SheShe
SheShe

It's a kind of vintage fragrance, not too "old" to wear imho. I like it, but I don't wear it every day, it's the fragrance I wear when I'm in the mood.

Ca Sent Beau is a strong fragrance, and a very long-lasting one. I spray it only two times and that's enough, the fragrance lasts all day and I leave a trace of the scent all around :)

It's a green oriental, and I'm not a fan of patchouli, actually too many fragrances with patchouli note don't work well on me, but this one (Oriens too) is an exception. Ca Sent Beau is a fragrance you can compare to Elephant when it comes to power :)

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

It seems a lot with 'Beautiful" Estee Lauder and yes, it is retro but very nice.

whiten
whiten

mine went bad. I can't remember how it used to smell exactly, but it was never so fresh. kinda old fashioned perfume.

Maki
Maki

I would recognize this scent immediately!!!(and I often do when people are wearing it!)

I like it a lot!

I would describe this scent as very kind and friendly. It has a touch of innocence in its complexity. It's light and breezy, yet authentic.
So I'd wear it for a job application for instance, or when I want to feel 'at ease' (not when I'd wanna feel sexy...(-:..)

guest_Ms.Delicious
guest_Ms.Delicious

Ca sent beau by Kenzo is a great and unique scent. It's without a doubt a love/hate type of scent, because it is a tuberose/orange fragrance. The fragrance is fresh and warm at the same time. I like this "old" classic Kenzo fragrance very much. Very feminine and lovely.

selinum28
selinum28

It reminds me Elephant a lot too. It is easier to wear, far less agressive, but I prefer the first because of the taste of spicies mentioned by Turquoise. The spicy notes that make Elephant more agressive at the beginning make it far more beautiful, specially after some hours, when Ca Sent Beau has a true, undressed animal scent. At this stage, I could confuse it with a body odour.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Finally, Kenzo fragrance that I like! It is fresh and crisp, green and aromatic. I wouldn't call it fruity floral, as I get a lot of herbs from it, but that's only my perception.
It is not particularly feminine (like all Kenzo imho), but very delicate. I would imagine that's how Green Peace should smell:)

Mals86
Mals86

The notes listed in the scent pyramid seem to me to be incomplete and arranged oddly. Elsewhere I found the following list of notes, which conform better to my impression of the scent:

Top: coriander, mandarin, tangerine
Heart: orange blossom, tuberose
Base: patchouli, amber, vetiver

I experience some uplifting citrus in the opening, followed by crisp herbs. Later, Ca Sent Beau ("That Smells Beautiful," in French) leans just a tad toward the masculine with orange blossom and vetiver, and the tuberose is very quiet. It stays cool and refreshing for about four hours on my skin, and never develops a deep warm base that one might expect with the patchouli and amber. They're there, but faintly, and the drydown is mostly vetiver.

Not as feminine as I usually prefer, but doesn't make me feel uncomfortably androgynous. A lovely, pleasant smell indeed. Incidentally, I would not classify this one as a floral fruity, as it seems primarily a vetiver fragrance in my opinion. I'd call it aromatic instead.

eskarina62
eskarina62

Still in two minds about it
sometimes it smells of cleannes and innocence to me, sometimes it feels a little too sweet

had it and will have it again, I think
a...personality splitter :-)

Luciana
Luciana

No es uno de mis favoritos, despues de comprarlo no me agradó más. Pero como buena chica lo usé hasta terminarlo

jeanol
jeanol

I bought this on a whim after reading about it in 'The Guide'; still deliberating about liking it; on first whiff didn't grab me - doubt that I am a fan of pachouli.

mudpach
mudpach

This is my best summer-fragrance! It's special, fruity scent! I love it!!! Must have!

Ca Sent Beau by Kenzo 3.81 out of 5 based on 187 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Ca Sent Beau fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Ca Sent Beau, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ca Sent Beau by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ca Sent Beau by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.