Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women

Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women
dislike

I have it: 1779 I had it: 1694 I want it: 476 My signature: 45

Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Videos Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Videos Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Videos
Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Flower by Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures

Clear and unusual, Flower by Kenzo links nature with city, emotions with a high-paced contemporary city life. This powdery floral scent is built on three basic notes. Floral note revolves around parma violet, gentle wild hawthorne, cassis and Bulgarian rose. Its powdery note is composed of voluptuous vanilla, white musk and opoponax with a gentle woody touch. It was created in 2000. Click here to watch an advertising video for Flower by Kenzo. Flower is created by Alberto Morillas. It is available as 30, 50, 100 ml Eau de Parfum spray together with its bath & body line. This perfume also won a 2001 and 2003 Fifi award.

Black Currant Hawthorn Bulgarian Rose Mandarin Orange

Flower by Kenzo Fragrance Reviews

reirenshin
reirenshin

Sweet & sweet & sweet like a sweetie
My boyfriend love think it quite sexy though.
Dries down pretty powdery, abit too powder than my taste but I still like it a lot.
Recently I feel it's too notible & havent used it for a long time.

Sweetloverxoxo
Sweetloverxoxo

I have a mini parfum collection of Kenzo.When I sprayed it and went to school,means the dry down is up.It smells like weeds,making me too.
My classmates smelled it and told me I smell horrible.
Literally.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

This makes my head hurt,it's very strong, heady, heavy and violets are every where with no let up, none!

You've got to love strong violets and powder to like this,there isn't a hint of freshness about this to me just heavy yukky I need to wash this away cloying.

I can't imagine anyone smelling good in this during summer it must be suffocating in the heat.

georgiacharms
georgiacharms

This is my mum's signature perfume, so I obviously have nothing but the warmest feelings towards it. This perfume is classy and immaculate, bringing back memories of just warmth and love. I'll always love this one

idalicious
idalicious

by the smell should go every woman. classic in itself. impeccable bottle to which is probably recognized throughout the world. I think it masterpiece like any other kenzo.

ummimtrish
ummimtrish

I don’t think that violet is a popular note which is why I think this fragrance gets a lot of hate…So let me start off by saying you have to absolutely love violets in order to like (or love) Flower.

I think I love Flower so much because I’m an old soul with a new heart; I adore violets because I’m reminded of the Victorian era. It’s so hard to find a violet perfume in stores, but this one is perfect if that’s what you are looking for. At first it smells like baby powder, but once it gets to the dry down, the vanilla becomes more pronounced and it starts to smell like Choward’s Violet mints. When you first spray it on, the projection seems huge for the first half hour or so, and then it wears closer to the skin. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, but sometimes I can’t detect it on my wrist and then other times I smell it strongly. It’s strange how it disappears and comes back. Longevity is impressive; I sprayed it on at 7am and it’s now 7pm and I can still smell it.

noni_345
noni_345

This was my roomate's signature in highschool so i decided to give it a try. Beautiful at first, then it becomes waay to cloying on my skin, I had to wash it off :( perhaps i'll have better luck if I spray on clothing.
on the right person this smells heavenly.other wise, yikes...its definitely one of those scents where either love or hate it, no middle ground

LisaMari
LisaMari

Ever had a baby throw up on you? Its that warm musky/milky scent and talcum powder - I guess the idea was to create a fragile scent - like the poppy flower.. its definitely powdery but I don't really notice any floral its quite savoury and not particularly pleasant to me :(

mymlan
mymlan

Kenzo Flower is a modern take on a traditional powdery violet & rose fragrance. And it is very powdery: The first blast is dense, almost like an impenetratable fog, heavy in a way that reminds me about cooking rice, but that doesn't last long. It developes towards a romantic rose and violet fragrance with low sillage. It's quite uncluttered somehow, almost minimalistic. It would suit someone who favours soft modern fragrances.

cmlee22
cmlee22

wasn't too jazzed about the flowery powder but it grew on me. nice, subtle and light scent for everyday. perfect for springtime.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

It opens pleasantly with a very powdery violet. Not the usual violet because there is a strong mandarin zing with it.

As it warms up it gets sweet, probably from the opoponax and vanilla. I didn't think the strong mandarin and sweetness mixed very well for me. It actually reminded me a lot of the Miss Charming and Stella. Not because it's the same notes per se but because it had the same "vibe" with the sweet and zing.

It got a bit better on the drydown as the mandarin finally began to fade but I dislike the heart so much that I am going to have to put it on my dislike list.

Sillage was a little bigger than I like and it lasted about 5 hours.

If you like Miss Charming and Stella then you should try this one because you may like this one too. It has the same "feel".

leda
leda

Spray this one on before getting dressed. Kenzo Flower needs your skin to really bloom. On clothing, the strange watery note clings and overwhelms, but on skin the powdery heliotrope, flowers and wood really soften into a diffused, floaty scent. I've read it is like a L'heure Bleue reimagined, and I can really see the connection. Feminine, sweet and hazy. A great bedtime scent, or spritz to prolong the feeling of having had a lovely bath.

tamarafraser74
tamarafraser74

I was surprised this smells quiet nice on my skin not too over bearing. I've only just recently smelt this . I enjoyed it.

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

Opoponax and jasmine. A rare case of subtle oriental, lightly powdery, delicately flowery. A very balanced mix that won't be offensive to anyone around the wearer despite the nature of the fragrance. A little gem of a perfum, really, timeless and so well made.
I don't reach for this often as I don't find it describes me enough to let people identify me by that scent - but this truly is a top quality frangrance that wears even more luxiurious than one would dare to hope.
Around 6 hours of lasting power - a hint of it still lingers longer after too though.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

I have to give this one some "like", as it seems to be pretty well "disliked"... I can't go all the way and give it "love", because, well... I just can't. It's pleasant enough. Goes on (me) smelling identical to Johnson's Baby Oil... not necessarily a bad thing, but not the scent I want to use to communicate who I am that day to the world, either. :) I can see the "powdery" description, but to me it is more baby oil than baby powder... I am sure florals are there too, but my little brain can't focus on the memory of Johnson's Baby Oil *and* pick out individual notes simultaneously. So. If you are moved by the scent of Johnson's Baby Oil, and want it to project a *little* more, and last a *little* longer on your skin, go for Kenzo Flower. At least you won't offend anyone.

So today I finally had courage to try this perfume by Kenzo. Last time I tried a perfume by Kenzo, it was suffocating.
Things are not better with this one. Usually I like powdery perfumes, but this one is too much for me.
Violet is another note to be suspicious about. The composition of rose and violet is not working for me. And what's with the incense in Kenzo's perfumes? Anyway, it's very odd. Unusual by far.

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

My mum used to have this and yesterday I just received my mini version of this. I still do like it. It smells simple and clean and clear lol..just like the design. Although I probably won't wear it too often since it reminds me so much of my mother's.

BlueMarine
BlueMarine

I am a big fan of Kenzo's Parfum d'Ete when it first came out, and love the frosted leaf bottle design. I am equally impressed by the clear scent of his l'Eau. When Flower was released, this bottle did not appeal to my aesthetics so I have avoided it til now. Finally got a mini Kenzo set and have just tried this out properly.

Started off like baby powder, somewhat artificial. After a few minutes on my skin, the vanilla and rose-violet notes dominates, but still no wow factor.

RLCampbelle
RLCampbelle

I love flower by kenzo. It's still as powdery, girly and wonderful as I remember.

crunch513
crunch513

I really hated this one. It has a very heavy, overpowering powdery smell with a big dose of flowers mixed in. Definitely headache inducing.

Zaleska
Zaleska

I have a mini of this. Received as a gift from Sephora, because of a purchase.
All I can say is that I always hated that perfume, but, tonight, I dabbed some on my left wrist and really adored the flowery smell.
Go figure...

I think the same will never happen to J'Adore, that, in fact, "J'Hate"! The only version I adore is "Voile de Parfum", but that's another story.

Me and my horrible jokes, haha.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

My first expensive perfume at high school, it smelled strong and amazing and i was happy that i get compliments all the time. now after more than 10 years, i can't stand it! Peoples change.

sonia.kassambara
sonia.kassambara

I first bought this perfume 11 years ago. At that time, I would say it was my signature perfume before Amor Amor knocked it out a few years later.

I tried this on with a couple others at Sephora, then got on the subway. I asked a random man next to me which smelled better, and he said it was my wrist with "Flower." "I was sleeping and I woke up to see what smelled so good." I went out and bought some the next day!

On me, this smells like a modern violet candy. The violet opens the scent. Vanilla and musk makes people want to nuzzle in. It creates a "cozy" feeling. The black currant and incense create a wafting, spicy "skin" effect that keeps the scent going and helps it smell natural.

I really like layering this with the body milk spray. It is a great perfume for me, but not for everyone. I would also say that the scent doesn't change much once it's on me, but I know various people who wear it, and it seems to smell quite different on people.If light, citrusy perfumes suit you best, don't get this one! If you like the smell of your great-grandma's powder or compact with a modern twist or like Turkish delight, you will probably love "Flower."

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

On the initial spritz Flower is vanilla, rose and powder. Then it turns into long-lasting baby powder with good sillage. Pleasant although I'm not particularly powder-crazy.

vaniljapulla
vaniljapulla

Very, VERY powdery; it's one of those popular scents that only really, truly works on rarely anyone. My mum happens to be one of them, and on her it smells like heaven. On me - let's be honest - it stinks, but on my mum... oh my. If you hate powder, then forget it, but otherwise - go for it.

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

Very heavy, strong and floral. I had this when I was 18 because I was lured in by the pretty bottle ( I need to stop doing that). It didn't fit me at all, it was not young enough and I like more fruity or spicy perfumes.

It's also very sharp and bitter and the longevity is not that great either. Personally I find it to be way too powdery for summer.

ohrite
ohrite

Right now I wish there was a "like it on others"-button. I actually sort of liked it from the bottle, but I immediately realized that this would be too heavy for me personally to wear. Even if sprayed into the air first. I only tried to wear it once but that was enough. Today a good friend visited me and I asked her to try it on, and it smelled really - and I mean REALLY - amazing on her! A bit soapy, flowery, powdery and sweet at the same time but without being too much. Ah well, at least it made my friend happy, and me too since I don't have to see that bottle anymore that never was going to be used. :-)

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

Let me just say that i very much dislike floral fragrances. If it's floral, I will typically dismiss it without even giving the fragrance a fair chance. But I was curious to try Flower only because I love Jungle Elephant and amour. Both are vanilla based fragrances, which is my more up my alley-but I figured still, why not?
This started out just as any floral frag would start out. Which, in my opinion, is boring and unpleasant. Just a big mess of synthetic flowers. But I smelled my wrist about 2 hours after application, and I was floored. It was a soft, powdery scent--without being overly and obviously floral. Woody and musky, soft and innocent. I actually could smell some powdery vanilla, along with another note which made the scent smell very refreshing. Florals are not my strong suit, so I couldn't tell you what floral notes were most dominant.. I just know that it was surprisingly nice, to the point where I would purchase this. It smells very feminine and romantic IMO.. Makes me think of the color pink. I love how powdery it is, and I think that's what really drew me in. This is just more proof of Kenzo's genius when it comes to perfumery. They made a floral fragrance that swayed the opinion of a floral hater. I really like this.

icecube

Soft smelling of soap and babypowder. There are a more distinct flower/herbnote mixed that stands out from time to time. To me it is similar to osmanthus but might even be the havthorne that we have tons of here in nature and that dont smell anything.
I cant say I like it and surprised that it has gotten 2 awards. Come on - Kenzos old jugle le tigre perfume would knock the socks of any of these new blend smelling perfumes that are made in the dozens.

Sweelty
Sweelty

This is the worst perfume ever! Veeeryyy heavy and just nasty! Stay away

mgirl1090
mgirl1090

I can't stand this fragrance. It was given to me few years back and I noticed that it was very heavy, powdery and musky. Interestingly I dont know if anyone has noticed but it smells almost identical to Prada Candy. Both of them are very similar and I honestly had trouble telling them apart.

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

I read the description here (yum), smelled it in the bottle (yum), bought a sample and tried it immediately.
I was aghast that I did not like this fragrance! All of the notes were ones I loved, or at the very least liked.
There is one note in Flower that makes me gag; I wish I knew what it was. It might be the hawthorn, all I know is that it is a note I rarely encounter in other fragrances. Fortunately I didn't pay too much for it, but I broke my cardinal rule of not buying a fragrance that I hadn't worn for an entire day at least twice. I won't make that mistake again.
The closest I can describe it as somewhat like orris root. It is a bitter scent that unfortunately takes a long long time to soften. For me it ruins what otherwise would be a lovely scent.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I really wanted to like this fragrance, since I had read good things about it, including a positive-ish review by Luca Turin. Initially when I put it on, I could smell the "melon woody" smell that he describes, and that was exciting. Within a few minutes, though, this fragrance gives me a headache and starts to smell cloying and heavy. It also lasts a very long time on my skin; I have sometimes woken up the next morning after wearing this and discovered a very masculine-smelling musk scent still lingering. I can imagine that some people who like heavy floral/violet scents would like this, but it doesn't sit well with me and makes my stomach turn over when I smell it now.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Created in the year 2000 by Alberto Morillas, who signs successes of Bvlgari, Carolina Herrera, Cartier, By Kilian, Amouage, among others, this perfume is a true example of timeless success. I dare say that is one of the most comfortable floral scents that I know!

The inspiration was the poppy, that Kenzo tried to represent as a single flower that is alive in the city. The fragrance transits in the midst of 3 main accords: the floral, the powdery and the intense.
With notes of cassis, white Hawthorn and Bulgarian rose, in the output; Parma violet, roses and opoponax (sweet myrrh), in the heart; vanilla, white musk and incense in the base, this perfume manages to be balanced and sexy, without being invasive.

From the moment it touches the skin, the floral tone is intense and feminine. For a long time it prevails and, only then, starts to become more powdery and slightly sweet. The violet turns the aroma in a denser way, but the nuance of myrrh is sovereign in this time of evolution. And to make it even more enticing, the vanilla gives a touch of romance, which makes Flower by Kenzo a unique and singular perfume, as the poppy that was the inspiration and, although it has no smell, received this as a gift!

The bottle has a single poppy as a symbol of the singularity, and it bends along with the flower. Recently, it began to be sold in refillable version.
If you are a woman who chooses to be fragrant amid the rush of the city, so Kenzo offers this flower to you.

Moldybread
Moldybread

This scent is lovely: Violet, rose, powder with a hint of vanilla. It is very soft and understated and, unfortunately, completely gone in about 4 hours. Couldn't even smell it on my clothes.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

I feel quite ridiculous adding another review of Kenzo Flower after everybody else has sampled it at some point. I guess I was not so attracted to this minimalistic, sleek bottle and the clear juice inside. My usual perfumes are a bit different, so to say. However, thanks to a small decant sent to me by a dear friend some days ago, I am now totally in love with this little powdery violet-rose-vanilla liquid and I am so enthusiastic about it! It feels like I discovered hot water but I cannot help myself - I am spraying and respraying. Maybe a tad musky for my own taste but I am loving that part, too, which says a lot. It is wonderful from the opening to the end, very feminine and abstract, feels like veils of beige silk around you. Or, even better, the softest cashmere.

[ps. Comments about baby powder to me are on the same level of comments like "smells like an old woman" or something along those lines of general non-description and discrimination. :) Baby powder, I mean, who uses it anymore?
It is harmful and carcinogenic, paediatricians recommend against it ] ;)

EDIT: Obviously, after this much love, I just had to have a full bottle and this is where the surprise lies - the current version has much less vanilla and opoponax and is more centred on violet. It is thinner, less persistent and somewhat sharper than my friend's ten year old juice.

happyscent
happyscent

Kenzo Flower- floral powdery-soapy that is the best description I can think of this fragrance; I did two full wearing on this one and I like this better compared to tommy girl (tommy girl is even lighter floral); the floral on this one is not the sweet kind, it is tamed; it is like a different bouquet of flowers mixed together

STARISH
STARISH

I so love how soft, fresh, floral and lightly sweet and nice this fragance is! :)

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

MMMM..Kenzo flower by Kenzo is basically,a perfume that when I wear it especially in the morning gives me a lot of energy my five sense are awakened and mine chakra reborn.
Principal notes that i love are:white musk,vanilla,parma violet and rose that ghatering form a unique trail of scent exotic floreal and intoxicant.
Thanks to the notes you can feel the importance of this perfume and since these are know as flowering,Kenzo is to wear in important autumn days.

Animato
Animato

The note list confuses me a bit because I swear I can smell melon in it!
This is a potent and strong and beautiful scent from Kenzo. Violet candy and melon mixed with flowers I can't really identify. And musk. which I think gives the melon a potent creamy quality.
You have to prepare yourself for a super sweet and thick scent. Even though it is very powdery as well. This is a winter scent in my opinion. Way too strong and sweet for summer.

If I understand the concept correctly it is suppose to be an "abstract" interpretation of the poppy flower. Well, I think it is the abstract interpretation of a ballerina. It seems soft and sweet and fragile and pretty, but it is also very strong and powerful. Like a ballerina.

It is very interesting and unique to me. Although I wont wear it myself, I think it's a fragrance worthy of respect.

elisusan
elisusan

I love it! My favourite perfume for winter. Floral, powdery and sweet. Very feminine. My husband and my friends love it to. Very good perfume.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

This is just lovely. As a violet lover, i adore this!

It's very strong, extremely powdery and fantastically floral. This is not for the faint-hearted. If you love florals, give this a try.

linxinpei
linxinpei

Smelled this on strip and it bore an unfortunate resemblence to petrol. I jerked it from my nose and dumped it in the reject pile in a split second.

Looking at the notes, it doesn't seem too bad, though.

eau de nath
eau de nath

This frag is listed at the worst fragrances for women. My mother have this and it was quite nice. This is not horrible nor great but just neutral. It was really floriental, floral notes are more powerful than the oriental notes. It resemble some kind of molecule from Red Door by Elizabeth Arden...

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

I tried this fragrance a couple of times before reviewing. It gave me a nausea/headache combo after a few minutes. I was really hoping to like this fragrance but unfortunately it's a thumbs down from me.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

maybe slightly oriental, mostly light floral baby powder... I dont get violets but it may be that is because it is winter and lots of violets are shy on me then. Come summer heat they come out of perfumes in force on me..

Sillage s close to the skin, few inches only.. Longevity is about 4 hrs.

Bottle is cute with the flower decal, but why couldnt they have made the stem line up on mine,? Pet peeve.. my fluid quickly turned yellow, just the sun affecting the vanilla, but it really hasnt been near the sun ;(

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

A beautiful powdery yet modern floral! Sensual even. Love.

Violet? Yes. Rose?! Yes! Woody? Yes, a little. Something dry, something green.. a tad bitter? Yes, these too.

And there's sweetness to it, and tenderness, and muskiness. And... I don't know, I just really like it! Despite that fact that some time (which feels like a decade) ago I used to hate this fragrance. Wholeheartedly. It seemed rude, strong, annoying and all the worst things possible. To me Flower by Kenzo was the epitome of nasty. But! Not anymore!

Don't know if that's just getting older and wiser, or having a baby meanwhile --- my opinion (or body chemistry, or both) has changed. Drastically! So I do recommend for those of us who cannot (or couldn't) stand this scent to give another try some time later. You may be pleasently surprised. I know, I am! :)

Vanessa Aline
Vanessa Aline

Quando seca, parece a versão adulta do talco da Johnson & Johnson's de quando eu era criança, misturado com um incenso de boa qualidade. Adorável! Cheiro confortável e acolhedor para dias frios. Pesado para usar no verão, especialmente no trabalho.

Merriam
Merriam

so strong that it gives me nausea

odie
odie

This scent confuses me, its like a mixture of ideas that don't quite gel.

EvyRose
EvyRose

This is one of my high school perfumes and I have vivid memories of it. I remember I bought it before a school trip when we stayed overnight in a hotel and I was proud of it as I received many positive comments. This is where the good memories end because then one of the girls ''accidentally'' knocked it off and it broke into pieces.

Packaging: 2.5/5
The bottle is quite elegant. When you hold it, you feel like you received an award. However, as I mentioned it is impractical because it is not easy to carry around and it could easily be toppled off.

Perfume: 3/5
The perfume is powdery sweet not sugary sweet and it is one of the best powdery perfumes out there. At first it is quite hard to define what I smell: could be melon, could be a turkish delight? And then it warms up to sexy musky baby powder.
It smells like the candy version of a flower. And it has some oriental drive like most Kenzo perfumes

Longetivity: 3/5
It lasts for about 4 hours on my skin.

Sillage: 3/5
I received positive comments for it.

Overall: 2.87

katuliena
katuliena

powder note is overhelming, makes me headache. Longevity is great, which is not a good thing in this case. dont like it at all. The bottle is beautifull, thought it was light, floral scent. But it smells like old baby powder. So bad

elm0505
elm0505

I wish I liked this, as I can see its beauty but...It's too heady and gives me a headache in minutes, too powdery and floral for my liking.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

This scent is predominantly powdery & tart too flowery for my taste. Lasts for around 3 hours on me and I live in a tropical country. Might be better in colder temperature. I can't smell the rose unfortunately..

a 3 out of 5 for me. Safe fragrance for day time but lacks luster.

fiouu
fiouu

usually If I don't have something good to say I don't say it unless it's constructive criticism, or I consider it constructive.
I hate this perfume with all my soul, but the drydown, the incense-vanilla-myrrh combo with a slight flowery tinge (after the f*****g powder is gone) smells so, so freaking good... like wood furniture, or a church. I'll give it that.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I love this perfume with a blinding passion. It takes me back to the barroque period for some reason. Very sensual, even naughty, but sophisticated. Perhaps the scent of a courtesan who gets to transit freely in the Court of Versailles and seduce the king himself.

Lasts all day in my skin. The only con is that I must look ridiculous smelling myself all day long. I also love smelling it from the bottle.

Now I have the 100ml version, so it's quite a long and lean bottle that is gourgeous, but you have to be careful it doesn't topple over. That said, holding it in your hand is oddly satisfying, like holding an award.

tigerhearted
tigerhearted

Usually, I have an active dislike for powdery perfumes. I stumbled across an old sample of Flower and dabbed a bit on my wrist, not remembering that this was an infamous powdery perfume. And at first it was indeed, "Oof what did I just do?? Baby powder!" and I rolled my sleeve back down to cover the scent.

After about half an hour though, it has settled down into a warm, creamy vanilla with a touch of flowery powder and light musk. It is quite nice and even comforting at this point, not loud and obnoxious or overwhelmingly powdery.

Never thought I'd meet a powder I'd like, but what do you know :) Powders are still not my main cup of tea, and I probably wouldn't wear this often, but I'd get a rollerball or decant to break out when the mood strikes.

deeanna
deeanna

Powdery. I can smell a note of pepper and a bit of vanilla. I like it in winter, but not in any other season.

Alenya
Alenya

Too powdery for me. I don't like this fragrance.

tanpa nama
tanpa nama

Light fragrance,perfect for summer,but gone so fast on my skin

lucianamesquitacosta
lucianamesquitacosta

for some reason, it smells more floral than powdery on me, but the powder is still there. it used to be interesting to me 5 years ago, but i guess i grew out of it. i'm just wearing it these days because i want to finish the bottle.

Perfumedsecrets

Like an intense scent of baby powder mixed with body heat. Not a bad scent, but not original. I don't imagine poppies when I smell it.

plaintain1
plaintain1

Husband got this for me from Heathrow Term 5. Now one of my favourites. Just so lovely!

daredevil
daredevil

Feminine and charming got it first time when i was little reminds me of dancing lessons and cute smiles with my parents in the pictures :)

divasg
divasg

For the love of God, someone please swap this perfume in its entirety with me! I can't stand this, it gives me a stinging migraine and I guess the powdery vibe doesn't work well with me. It is 3/4 full FYI. It is synthetic and obviously my friend does not know me very well when it comes to perfumes :(

birdy
birdy

very pyramidal very structured. on first you have violet, then automatically rose and in the end lot of vanilla and musk. and the notes appear and desappear slowly to let another note play, without leave permanantly.finally, flower by kenzo is very technical, it is not a complex compo that evoques sppedly powder, you can guess notes that give this impression. i compare with N°19, shalimar initial, rive gauche or opium that are really powdery without guessing the notes behind that effect !!!
so flower by kenzo is young, feminine, natural and real like kenzo like it!

shaymaa.y.youssef
shaymaa.y.youssef

It smells very natural... the violets are predominant.it is long lasting classy well blended perfume

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is a luxurious, sophisticated, but light hearted perfume. It's lovely and clean like a girl in a white cashmere sweater with an infectious but delicate laugh, or a crisp white shirt and jeans wandering through country fields on a blue sky day. It's more than it seems.

I definitely am not a big fan of loud floral or overly powdery perfumes - Dahlia Noir for example turned me right off. It's stuffy. But while Kenzo is undoubtedly powdery, it's soft with it, and not suffocating. It's hinted, rather than swallowed by.

This one will leave an impression in a room, like Poeme by Lancôme. It's one of those fragrances that friends and families and lovers would come to see as "yours", reminding them of a soft smile and a softer look.

Shemarie
Shemarie

Powder,powder, powder with violet and a little rose. Love it.

AnnetteInFrance
AnnetteInFrance

I'm not a fan of this perfume but i smelt a dupe in Aldi . So if you have a local Aldi check out 'Flowery red' if you want a cheap 5euro copy!
Edit : It was extremely long lasting too.

beatrix75
beatrix75

den perfecta violet frag ever strong beautiful powdery smell very long lasting subtil signatur perfum for many womens me too i love the way its smell on my skin

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

This is my go to perfume when I feel like wearing something feminine and flowery. On me it is very long lasting, about 10 hours and I have had many compliments when wearing it. I know that it has had some negative reviews but for me it is my comfortable undemanding perfume and I love it.

Rwasilewski
Rwasilewski

I think this smells exactly like the long-discontinued D&G Feminine so if you were a fan and would like a replacement for that scent, here it is. It's lovely - powdery and feminine.

rockegg
rockegg

If you love floral scents but don't want to smell like every other lady in the department store you may wish to give this a try. Also you have to be willing to smell slightly quirky. Violet scent is just quirky. It's part grandma and part goth and part druids calling forth the goddess of spring. Count me IN. Of course, Flower is more than violets. There's all sorts of swirling alchemy involved here. I put Flower in the masterpiece category. Not everybody has to like it. Vive la difference.

MimiLily
MimiLily

I am really surprised by the amount of dislikes and negative reviews this perfume has received!

I'm really happy to be reconnected with this perfume after many years. I don't usually like floral perfumes nor powdery perfumes, but I really enjoy this one.

I find Flower to be a youthful and modern interpretation of powdery florals, and there's definitely some japanese delicacy here. I love catching the whiffs of Flower on other women, I think this to be the ultimate pleasant, soft, comforting, lovely and feminine perfume there is.

Both my mom and my boyfriend also commented on me wearing this perfume (they hardly ever do) "you smell really good" :)

Contessa01
Contessa01

This is not quite for me. I love powdery florals like lipstick rose by malle or instant guerlain. I just honestly find this a bit abrasive and chemically. Less like floral fragrance and more like chemicals and cleaning products :/ I don't hate it it's just a bit off putting with that diaper scent!! Reminds me a lot of baby by Gwen stefani.

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

On paper, this scent was created for me to lust after and desire. I love Vanilla, I desire Rose, and Violet makes me weak in the knees. Unfortunately, my chemistry relagates this scent into a lackluster deodarant (Secret pH balanced for her antone???) I dislike this scent, but I will try it again on a wet, rainy, day. I would assume I will still dislike it then, but stranger things have happened. Many people love this scent- I was amazed at the numerous reviews on Sephora. many basically say "it smells like baby powder" ... Dear gos, is that our future of perfume???

The lowdown- no rose, no violet, and no vanilla. Basically J&J baby powder.

Vintry
Vintry

This is a beautiful, unique scent. I'm surprised it's likened to so many perfumes. I personally haven't smelled anything like it. Veery powdery, rose and violet scent. Feminine, old-fashioned allure. Wear it to feel ladylike. And an outfit that goes with it is anything but jeans!

candieland
candieland

(EDP)
I am surprised this perfume has gotten soo many negative reviews. I had to make sure I was wearing the same one. I totally get the comparison to baby powder when first applied. I don't know a lot about perfume but I can for sure say that the top notes are floral without a doubt so if you are not a lover of powdery florals this may be one you just want to avoid.

I rather enjoy the first spray but to me the "wow" factor or what hooked me was the dry down. This was another "wait, is this the same perfume" kind of dry down. This perfume is so amazing in the fact of how it is able to go from something really tame, innocent, and soft to this vanilla, incensey shifter. I read a lot of reviews which compared it to a granny scent or even a child's scent but I have to disagree. I am in my 20s and I feel this appeals to me in a way that makes me feel "young enough to see behind me but old enough to feel my soul" meaning it holds the comfort of a mother's embrace yet the promise of new experiences and adventures.

To me, this is a cuddling/comfort scents...the one you want to put after a nice bath and you are slipping into bed to go to sleep or cozying up to that special person. It is a scent that smells innocent but will make eyebrows go up because there still is a bit of naughty in it. I feel this scent is for that woman who is confident in who she is. She does not have to try to be sexy...she just is. She is very feminine and nurturing.

This one sits close to the skin so it is not one you put on to necessarily get noticed. However, anyone close enough to smell this one on you will feel lucky that you've let them experience this part of you.

I feel this one is soft (you may want to go spray crazy) but you do not want to overdo it because is does shift. 1-2 sprays is more than enough. Too much and I feel this could turn very powder puff and overwhelming! This one will develop on you. Lasting power on me is very good, I get 8(+) hours with this one. I feel this could be worn year-round day or night.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

Absolute heaven, this edp ! One of my 'bests of all times'. Powder & violets, longevity & sillage ... what more can I ask for ? A more practical bottle perhaps ?

succubus
succubus

While the name may mislead one into thinking it is a humdrum floral perfume, Flower by Kenzo is quite the opposite. Flower by Kenzo opens up with a tart mist of violets and roses with undertones of musk and vanilla. A tad soapy, but quite bearable. At its heart, Flower is in full bloom. The soapiness finally takes a backseat as a bewitching combination of powdery rose, woodsy opoponax (myrrh), and a more potent white musk is revealed. Add to that a highly detectable incense note that adds zen to the already intoxicating aroma.

As the hours pass by, Flower starts to wilt into a creamy rose-scented powder. Undertones of incense and musk keep the fragrance contemporary and sexy. Whiffs of the drydown give off a nostalgic and ethereal feel, making this fragrance perfect for rainy days.

Flower's sillage is strong from its opening to its heart and sits close to the body at its drydown. The strength of this elixir, however, lies in the trail it leaves at the peak of its potency. The incense that pierces through the powdery rose is truly a head-turner! Its staying power is impressive, lasting 9 to 12 hours on the right body chemistry, a feat ordinary floral perfumes can't boast. The flacon, though elegant, could easily slip from clumsy hands and shatter into pieces in an instant.

Flower by Kenzo represents a woman who possesses quiet confidence and exudes subtle femininity. Pleasant and fresh, it wearable on any occasion and season. Flower by Kenzo is a perfume that doesn't make a statement, but leaves an assurance that you are not and will never be a wallflower.

pisces3774
pisces3774

I've tried this over and over. Even had a bottle. I like the bottle, the concept, the notes (on paper). I love the initial violetty powderiness. But there is a note in Flower that is vaguely reminiscent of my grandmother's house - a sort of old carpeting that has gotten wet, and the concrete underneath. That smell, along with the ligering smell of my grandmother's Chantilly are a combination that I can't wear. Maybe it's the black currant and hawthorne. I keep testing it though, for some reason, and wish to like it. Perhaps just not for me.

tini.milburn
tini.milburn

hmmm What to say about Flower,well I used to love it,so bought a 30ml,had a squirt and...well to be honest I found it rather disturbing,felt like someone hadchucked the contents of a florist shop and a bag of parma violets of my head,dried down eventually,was lovely when I was sat outside,but overpowering indoors,think I'll keep my big bottle for BBQs in the garden,when I can breathe and just catch a subtle whiff.
Dont love it anymore,but dont hate it either,ooohhh what a contrary perfume Kenzo flower is...

tanzp
tanzp

sorry but this one of the most revolting smells out , honestly dont know how anyone can wear harsh i know but true

biki
biki

Flowers and pouder,a smooth, elegant pouder. A very comforting,calming and refined scent,good for winter. I like it so much that i wish i could wear it in summer but it is just too heavy for warm weather. An unforgettable floral for me. And if someone says it is not ground-breaking or revolucionary,well maybe it is not but it reached perfection in the area where it really wished for-clasic,simple and never pretencious clean femininity.

Iris_it
Iris_it

I already knew that fragrances rich in violets are not beautiful on my skin but I tried Flower anyway .
This is a very powdery fragrance and I do not appreciate it ( not a surprise :-) . I am astonished to see that some Fragranticans think it smells like Capucine Fragonard which is much more pleasant in my opinion ,above all the parfum version : it has a beautiful green tea note , but not a cool effect like in Arden Green tea . I do not find Flower similar to Capucine .

meduza
meduza

I do get de rose, violet and musk.
This type of fragrance reminds me on my granny(the fake version she uses ) and that's not a good thing.....
I don't want to smell like her ;)
Obviously I don't like musky scents.

urbanexotic
urbanexotic

This smells exactly like Play-Doh to me, as does Kenzo Amour. I wish I knew which note combination produced that, because I've had this experience with another perfume, as well: Pilar & Lucy's Exact Friction of the Stars.

arzacu
arzacu

The reason because I like this fragrance is, cause is a strange fragrance...

It starts with a very strong violet smell, a little sweet but, more flowery than sweet, that classic violets like in the old perfumes that I looove...

Then you have a rose note, very elegant and sober... and after 10 minutes you have a blast of powder with vanilla, blended with the florals violets and roses... lasts very very much on my skin at least, and is perfect for winter or as an evening fragrance...

It's like a "mature" "old lady" kind of smell, but doesn't smell old, at all, smells sensual, kind, compfortable and very soft...

i love this smell, drives me crazyyyyyyy!!!!

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

Comforting, clean and oh-so-powdery!

Perfumes like these make me relax immediately, I imagine my mother telling me softly "everything is alright"...

This isn't exactly how you imagine a scent called "flower", but I find it even more interesting that there is such a surprise hidden inside the beautiful clear-glass-poppy-art bottle.

I had always thought his perfume was lame... But it gives me a strong whiff of dry, soft powder along with that green freshness in the background, which never really comes through (I like that).

Lovely!

Spangle Maker
Spangle Maker

This is round, and watery. To me it's smells like a magical flower floating into fresh water. Perfect for rainy Springs by the way.
It protects you like a cocoon, and the violet note adds some joy to the fragrance.
The rose is feminine and sensual. The musk is clean and fresh while the vanilla is sweet and comforts the fragrance. Just awesome.

Ellie-7
Ellie-7

I agree the bottle is not a very nice design.
When ever I wear this fragrance around men they love it!
I don't get much positive feed back from women, but always from men.

5354alice
5354alice

This one is the signature of a girl working with me. In front of me. Wearing it all days, all year. Maybe for this reason I feel it's a borig fragrance...not bad, not biting, but not noticiable at all...nothing expecial.

courant
courant

I gave it away, to my Mother, who loved it and powered through it. And I never gave it another thought. You know how sometimes you have a pang of regret when you smell the perfume you've discarded on someone else. To me it was neither one thing nor the other. Perhaps I am more of a Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant type. Yes, it's true I'm not a flower, definitely more of an elephant. 'Nuff said.

buniek
buniek

This fragrance is amazing :)
I am a man and that smell makes me so happy. I could not believe it that there is so many negative votes. I don't understand how people might not like it. For me it smells like a fresh garden full of flowers, its so natural and pleasant. I'm gonna buy it definitely for my gf.

millie1980
millie1980

It's wearable, but hardly exciting me either. For a floral, it's neither pretty nor elegant - more of a kooky, youthful sort of smell. The opening is quite harsh, but later develops a sweeter, powdery character.

It just smells like something which used to be fashionable.

den1011
den1011

I'm not crazy about this fragrance. As soon as it came out, EVERY girl was wearing it. I mean it. You went out on the streets and all the girls and women smelled the same. So i got a bit fed up with it. But at the same time, my mum used to wear it for quite a while and to me it smells of her.
On the other hand, men LOVE it. It's very alluring to them.
For me, it's a bit too powdery so I wouldn't wear it, as it would be a little smothering on me; perhaps once in a while...
But now that the craze for flower is over I wouldn't mind smelling it on someone else, as long as it's just one person and not the whole city!

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

Tried the EDP, it smelled exactly like my brand new Cabbage Patch doll in the 80's, a pinch of vanilla, and a whole lot of baby powder. Very interesting.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I find the opening a bit sharp. A lot of violet emerges out while the rose gives a soft touch. At the drydown the vanilla smoothens it into a comforting body scent. I find it indeed very powdery. And I detected some incense-like notes that tickle the nose and constantly reboost up the soft floral and vanilla, very interesting. The sillage is quite good and the longevity is around 7h on me.

I personally think the bottle is an excellent visual interpretation for the fragrance. It's floral, sensual, and incredibly clean. I especially love it in spring and autumn. I don't think it's a very seductive fragrance, otherwise it can fit numerous occasions with different amount of application. It's not bold, but still very distinctive. It surely has its uniqueness in the floral categories.

I personally think the bottle is an excellent visual interpretion for the fragrance. It's floral, sensual, and incredibly clean. I especially love it in spring and autumn. I don't think it's a very seductive fragrance, otherwise it can fit numerous occasions with different amount of application. That said, it's not bold, but still very distinctive. It surely has its uniqueness in the floral categories.

lily13ana
lily13ana

I have it now and it seems very light and the lasting power is about 5 hours and sillage close to the skin. From the tester it seemed stronger and richer. I like it tough and it is good for summer. I put it after a day at work and it may be the sensation of short lasting power beacuse today were 30 degrees celsius.
I will come back with another review if something changes; i keep testing it.

lilou
lilou

Clean and sweet, powdery, feminine, delicate, beautiful. I just love it.
Vanilla, violet, musk and incense seem very present.
For all women.
Very good lasting power.

icecube

Opening is surely a pure soapnote - a mix of rose and violet.

id
id

One of the rare cases when a scent attracts and annoys the same time. I love violet, but I can't stand vanilla and I'm not usually fond of a rose. I wear it time from time, it lasts long, sillage is huge. I highly suggest not to over apply. Unique, recognizable fragrance, powdery, fresh and bitter the same time.

GMK
GMK

One of the very few Women's fragrances which I love on a woman, the musky vanilla with the touch of rose is wonderful at drydown... very pleasing and arousing. ;)

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Kenzo Flower is the first prominently violet fragrance that I have ever fallen in love. I usually have a tough relationship with violet, so I was quite surprised when I fell in love with it. It had the powdery scent of a violet yet it is balanced out with the vanilla, incense (not as much as I would like though, and a touch of rose and jasmine. It has subtle sweetness that is quite lovely and enjoyable. The drydown is so creamy <3 It has outstanding lasting power it has been over 12 hours since I have put it on and I can still smell though it is really close to the skin now. I am glad that I have finally found my violet perfume! ^_^

Thomasania
Thomasania

I love powdery scents and this is a powdery powerhouse!! I find it very clean smelling and calming. I can't detect any other notes in the dry down but the powder seems to be overshadowing everything else, and I'm ok with that. I bought a used bottle off of ebay, so I will definitely be looking for more.

Lovejaiphursaphir
Lovejaiphursaphir

Tooooo funny "fighter".... you will get here (old lady.. 40's-50's) faster than you think....
On me this opens as rose vanilla and musk. Light scent that turns powdery. As time wears on it becomes heavier on the powder and deeper..like a rose scented baby powder.

Cams
Cams

I am in love with this! I had a bottle of Flower about 4 years ago and for some reason never reached for it and my sister decided to relieve me of it! I re-purchased on a whim and I'm so happy - beautiful, sensuous, a bit smoky and powdery. Lovely and feminine.

mpbrown
mpbrown

If there really is a heaven and if it had a smell this, to me, is what heaven would smell like. Every time I put this on the clouds part, a beam of light shines down, the world is bathed in pastel colors, and angels begin to sing. It's light, it's airy, it's soft and smells comforting and smooth full of violet's and rose and vanilla. Do you hear harps? No? Maybe it's just me :))

Nefelisparkles

2nd kind of review: As far as sillage goes this is DA BOMB!!!LOL! Really...!

melzy
melzy

I avoided trying Flower for the longest time. I was aware that it was a 'much disliked' fragrance, so I figured it was terrible.

Somebody offered to send me some samples recently, Kenzo being one of the brands mentioned. I thought it would probably be Amour, which I already have a sample of. Instead, I received Flower EDT. I wasn't particularly worried, because it meant I had the opportunity to finally try it and see what the hate was about. And I see exactly what it is. The violet.

Violet is an acquired taste (or so to speak) and either you love it or hate it. Fortunately for me, it's the former. When I was little, my dear late Nana used to have a patch of violets growing next to her porch. I would pick the tiny flowers and inhale their strong, yet delicate aroma.

The notes I primarily smell in Flower are powdery violets, rose, musk and a touch of vanilla. All favourite notes of mine. Even in the EDT formulation I get about 5-6 hours longevity. Beautiful, soft, feminine.

On a related note, the Al-Rehab perfume oil 'Red Rose' smells (to my nose) very much like the rose note in KF. I often wear the two together. The oil keeps going long after the EDT has faded.

arrode
arrode

It's very powdery and smells nice, but, unfortunately, I can't like it much because it reminds me of woman's sanitary wipes which kind of weirds me out. I think if the incense was stronger, it wouldn't give me this funky vibe, but it has a baby wipe smell to me. I really wanted to like this based on the notes, but I keep sniffing my wrist as I type this and I keep thinking of baby wipes, or worse yet, lady's feminine wipes, and I can't. Sillage seems to be very soft on me as it sits close to my skin. It's not offensive and would be a good office/day perfume.

amanda.gggggg
amanda.gggggg

My love (he finally knew) for almost 5 years gave me this for birthday gift just because I mentioned it once. Can't stop sniffing it!!!I was so surprised!!! We both loved it. Maybe it fits ppl who are more graceful than me but it is always my signature. P.S I love Kenzo fragrances

suzrwin
suzrwin

A hint of violets with lots of powder. Reminds me of getting into my Grandma's talcum powder stash when I was a kid. Not offensive, but hardly intriguing or exciting. Fortunately on me it's very light and fades quickly. Meh...

I want more incense. Kenzo Flower on my skin is mainly rose and candied violets. Hawthorn adds a sparkly, fresh quality that seems to counteract the smokier notes. I only get an actual incense scent for 30 minutes or so and then it dries down to a slightly "dark" floral. The incense is there, adding that depth to the floral but there is no incense smell.

pippab
pippab

A very pretty floral with incense undertones. Not overly strong, but it does have some persistence. Lovely violets dominate and it would be a good office scent. I'm more of an oriental lover, but I can certainly appreciate this fragrance. I like the unusual bottle too.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

My relationship with Kenzo was quite stormy. Long time ago i got sample of Flower and i even couldn't spray it without saying:bleh. Now couple years after i got as a blind buy Flower Tag and i was surprised how nice it was so soon after that i got the actual Flower. It was proudly standing on the table for couple of days (which is strange because i'm very impatient) because i couldn't push myself to sniff. I was afraid my instant hate for this smell would come again.
On a gloomy monday i decided to wear Kenzo to work. And i loved it. Initial spray is very heavy but it settles nicely to warm powdered vanilla on me. I got some comments: "what are you wearing, it reminds me something but i can't say what, oooo Kenzo". With 3 sprays it lasted whole day getting only nicer and smoother. I really love it but it's not a perfume which i could wear everyday. Sometimes i still have days i even can't look at the box. I guess our friendship will still be stormy; one day passionate love other hate.

hazelnut
hazelnut

Its probably my chemistry, but I am not impressed. I wish I could smell the things that are mentioned in other positive reviews. Nothing in this seems to agree with me.

kwietok25
kwietok25

This is actually the only fragrance I had to give away.I got it from my parents and from the first sniff I knew that it´s not for me. It made me almost sick and gave me terrible headache.Unfortunately (luckily for someone) it lasted ages on me! It was quite few years back but I wouldn´t risk it again...ever

Tintorra
Tintorra

Got a sample in the drugstore and loved the powdery flowers. Like said before it smelled like baby powder and I liked it a lot. Received a bottle from a friend who got tired of the scent and the most strange thing happened. I can't stand it anymore! It makes me nauseous and gives me a headache. I really feel uncomfortable wearing it.

So if anyone likes this bottle please message me and you can get it from me.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I should have known better, I hate powdery scents. Maybe I'll give this to my elderly neighbor. It would suit her and might compliment her underlying fragrance of moth balls.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

White musk and beautiful powdered roses! I'm loving Kenzo Flower. First spray brings to my nose florals, vanilla, and a bit of tartness thrown in that keeps this scent feminine but not boring. The topnotes are definitely what make this fragrance, which eventually dries down to mostly a baby powder scent. I can also smell hints of woodiness dispersed in between. Several people have said it's too powdery, but even though I live in a hot climate, I would still wear it year round. Difference in tastes I suppose. Lovely scent with good sillage and moderate longevity, approximately 5 hrs before needing to reapply.

Bazrob
Bazrob

Very pretty fragrance.Probably suits a wide age range.
Lovely & floral.I'll buy it again.

freddinos
freddinos

Violets and red carnations form a powdery cloud, while incense is burning on a bittersweet background. Lovely, feminine and regretfully my husband hates it, so I cannot wear it all day every day:(A unique masterpiece of the 2000s

benpaul12
benpaul12

Certainly interesting, it doesn't amaze me when I mentally associate the notes or ponder over it - but if I let my nose run wild it would never get sick of smelling this powdery wonder.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

I like this fragrance, but it's a little too sweet for me. I get an initial blast of vanilla, jasmine, and fruit. More grape than black current.
The musk & rose are in there somewhere, two of my favorite scents, but I don't smell them past the sweet.
This would be a nice gift for a teenager.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

On me this simply smells like Talcum powder. If you don't mind this however, it's a very pleasant, calming scent, cosy in a non-sweet way, with very nice staying power and projection.I can imagine this on new mums or on anyone who simply wants a clean scent that's not based around citrus or aquatic notes. I like it, it's very easy and relaxing.

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

This may be a flawed review for two reasons..
1. Basing it on a sample
2. I seem to be giving off a vanilla smell for the last few days when i don`t have any fragranced sprays or lotions on!

I like this, but I don`t love it...because for some reason it smells like my two favourite Kenzo perfumes I already own...smooshed together!
After the initial spray I smell l`eau par kenzo eau indigo and a hint of sweetness like Kenzo Amour. I am confused-may need to test again in a few days!!!

frainbow
frainbow

As a teenager, this was my favourite perfume. My father bought it for me when I was seventeen, and I loved it immediately. I was an extremely princessy teenager-- nothing but pink, perfectly curled hair every day, lace everything, sweet as sugar, smelling faintly of Lush Candy Fluff at all times. I wore a tiara to my prom. And for that sort of teenager, I would have to say that this is the perfect scent. (Evidently, my father knew me well.)

However, now that I am in my early twenties, having moved away from my parents, with a job and an impending university degree-- wanting something a bit more grown-up-- I find this perfume rather... lacking.

It happened today: I put this perfume on, as I always do, went out, and was quietly sitting on the tube. All of a sudden the wind blew my scent into my nose, and I could smell myself loud and clear. Well. Ick, is all I can say.

It smells powdery. It smells extremely powdery. The initial impression of this perfume is sugary powder, with a hint of powdery floral. You can smell the Bulgarian Rose straight away, and it's a bit eight years old and a bit sweet-scented grandmother. This fades quite quickly, however, and you get whatever I'm smelling of now. My best guess is burning soap, if soap smelled like Indian food, all with an extra-strength overlay of sickly sugary powder.

It isn't a grown-up scent, or a classy scent, or a sophisticated scent. It's a cutesy scent for a sugary-sweet teenager, used in extreme moderation (and I have this feeling I unfortunately lacked that quality as a seventeen-year-old-- I probably annoyed a lot of strangers on the bus with this perfume). It's a very little-girl smell, which is wonderful for people who love little-girl smells, but I don't exactly think that Flower by Kenzo and I will be continuing our relationship for a lot longer.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I had the EDT version many years ago. I wasn't much impressed with the scent. To me, it was just another lovely floral-fragrance and a bit powdery in the drydown. But somehow, I never able to figure out when, I fell in love with it. I really like the drydown, it's floral and yes, powdery but not like many of the classics, there are some sort of differences that I don't know how to describe, something that is powdery fresh I might say, and the vanilla is not that typical sweet vanilic scent like the essence used for bakery and such. It's more like a fresh powdery bouquet of florals! This year, I bought the edp, and to me the scent is almost similar to edt but creamier. I love it, and because the price is exceptionally cheap, (around USD15 for 50ml both edp and edt), I bot the EDT. So, I now own the edp and the edt, and very much happy for I know, there are 'flowers' in my collection for sure! Yeay!

Nefelisparkles

This perfume is indeed intoxicating..
A blast of baby powder and violet at first.. Sweet and innocent.. And then the incense comes in.. It represents black color in a world of fluffy whites and feminine reds.. Mysterious.. Alluring.. This is all about knowing who you are and support it proudly.. The masks have fallen and it's you with all of your different sides.. Sensual, pure, mystique,real... After a while the powdery note fades away and becomes more soapy but in a church like way,the incense again (?).. I love this, it makes me feel calm..

lilyofthepally
lilyofthepally

I think this is powdery, but in a way that's wearable by anyone in any age range. You know, if they like powder. I can't stand powdery scents, generally speaking, and this rides the line for me... but I do like to smell it once in a while. It's not something I would wear, but still nicely done.

Skye Wortley
Skye Wortley

Amazing!! It is very powdery, but i find it perfect. I can definetely smell violet and vanilla, with a hint of jasmine. The bottle is also very nice. I love this perfume, it is definetely one of my favourite Kenzo perfumes. It's good for any part of the day, in my opinion. I like it a lot. :)

Siv55

Pure violet powder. Simply remind me of granny's old powder compact. It is not unpleasant but it's quite unsexy. Smells like chest of drawers liners.

D@n!
D@n!

Ganhei de presente,pensei que não fosse gostar, mas me surpreendi, é bem feminino, romântico e agradável mas não tenho amor por ele!

oraib
oraib

great flowery fragrance that brings all the good memories

jivaswood
jivaswood

If you've never felt the synthetic and artificial scent of violets, try this one. To complete, add white musk and a projection edgy. It's powdery, sweet and irritating. A terrible headache for me.

Scent:
1*/5*

Bottle:

3*/5* (100ml/3.4oz, it's beautiful!)

merlin
merlin

Sharp,toxic, cold , synthetic , animalic ....One of The worst fragrances I've ever experienced! So invasive ...so strong ...so offending . The most head-ache inducing and nauseating fragrance I have ever smelled.Swear God ...I was literally vomiting when I sprayed this on my pulse ....and just One spray was enough!
I don't get any vanilla or the slightest sweet note in this perfume, just a bad quality baby powder (probably gone wrong )mixed with violet and a strong musk.

Indelicate ...non feminine

Karmaluna
Karmaluna

This is by far my all time favourite perfume, it is the only scent I wear that people always compliment & even thou its not a powerful smell it last all day or night. I feel very clean & fresh whenever I wear Kenzo Flower by Kenzo. Strangely I think it smells like baby powder :) all in all I think it is divine Xx Thankyou Alberto Morillas & your wonderful nose <3

Seemi
Seemi

Such a heady romantic unusual fragrance.

maryum.malik
maryum.malik

this is the oddest perfume i've ever encountered. my dad got it for my mom, and since my mom isn't into perfumes at all, i stole it from her. back then, i hadn't dug too much into perfumes either, so it's what i wore day and night. it used to get me compliments too. then, at some point, i guess my body chemistry changed? it'd smell amazing some days and horrible on others... and now, i've half a bottle left. i think it smells better on cold, dry days than on hot, humid ones... but DO try it out before purchasing!

ketchup38
ketchup38

This clashes with my chemistry like deep blades. Smells like grass, so deep blades of grass drawing the metallic tinge of blood is what comes to my mind with this. It seems to last forever so if sampling, and very unsure, a tiny tiny dab would do..
Otherwise like me.. you may want to scrub it off your skin so hard that you draw actual blood itself.

Kysyona
Kysyona

It has been almost a decade since I last wore this: received a bottle as a birthday present back in the days and went : WOW. MMH. WOW; MMH..and this lasted for at least an hour while I sat there with a newly opened bottle in my lap and sniffed it like there was no tomorrow.It is VERY unique, i would not confuse it with any other scent. Th poppy was perhaps chosen because of the bestcolour association with the scent: a rich red moist floral with a black pepper kick and translucent musk. It also has a staying power, which so many watery florals can't boast of on my skin. I would purchase this in a heartbeat: I bet my hubby will like it too since he is a sucker for heavy complicated rich scents (his faves are Black orchid and Boudoir) - this one actually has this"moist and so ripe it will decay tomorrow"scent - just like Black Orchid by Tom Ford. And I am a sucker for this too: no surprise since I like my fruit to be leaking with juice when I eat them ( black-skinned bananas, this kind of stuff ).

KittyBaditty
KittyBaditty

I read that the inspiration for this fragrance was to give a poppy a scent, because a poppy has no discernible scent of its own. I like that idea :)

In 2001, after smelling this one and testing it on my skin a million times I swore it would be the only perfume I would ever need. That lasted a week, but I do love the powderiness of this fragrance. It's comforting and soft with the violet, rose and musk. I don't detect any berries. Anyone with a heavy trigger finger needs to learn restraint with this one, though- 2 spritzes go a lOng way.

Tazerin
Tazerin

This is such an unusual scent that a lot of people hate at fist (I was one of them) but it definitely grew on me so much that I had to buy a small bottle. It's a very unique scent and I've never smelled anything similar enough to it to give a good comparison, apart for maybe some Chanel perfumes. It has a strange fizzy bitterness to it that makes it a really unique, fresh scent. You'll either love it or hate it though, probably.

guillermostf
guillermostf

for me it's extrange hate this fragrance when i'm a parfum lover and one of the most well constructed parfums are made by Alberto Morillas, but 4 me this is not the case. You like it or not, parfums are personals. i gave it to a friend for her birthday, and after i regret, but she loved the fragrance. i think kenzo is not my fav parfum designer

vanilla-lovers
vanilla-lovers

i've just tried it's sample, and i really love the top and middle notes.

powdery + floral + vanilla = so great for me, and it has good staying power.. but sadly, i dont like musky dry down. Not disturbing like another musky i have, but it's just not my piece of cake for this time. Maybe Later?

Kah
Kah

Achei muito ruim,quando fui na loja para sentir na pele,nossa,fui imediatamente lavar,tem cheiro de coisa velha.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Ordinarily I don't like powdery fragrances. They're just not my thing. But this one and Guerlain Insolence both have that violet note with a teensy bit of...on me, it smells a little like vinyl, but in a good way. Like violet smoke, almost. I could wear this every day, and as a matter of fact, I might find myself doing just that.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

This fragrance works really strange. Some time ago, I just put some in a bright, sunny day with sea breeze in the air. It was ruined by that weather, going to a plain and oppressive baby-powder smell.

Yesterday, a friend of my aunt just sprayed at my arm and, a little bit later, I've noticed the other facets. Violet is really clear, somewhat like violet incense smell , powdery (combo rose+violet), "purple" (some fragrances remembers me of colors, I don't know exactly why) and mysterious (I think the fusion of a different kind of sweetness, powder and smoke sides really make it distinctive).

By my experiences, I think It works better in cold weather. My cousins said It smells antiquated, but I really don't care. Just be sure to try It one more time.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a beautiful light, sheer, even gossamer scent that wafts by as you wear it during the day.

I love the glorious combination of soft florals. It starts out smelling like a white floral to me, but I think that is the jasmine and the peach giving that effect. You do not smell the rose individually, but as a part of a sheer blanket of powdery floral scent. This scent is like a soft breeze, a beating of angel wings, it's so feminine and beautiful. I do not find it too strong at all. I do not smell vanilla until the drydown where it comes out a bit with the musk and florals to combine for a longer lasting mix.

Flower does remind me of the soft floral scent and similar long lasting quality of Bvlgari pour Femme, which I also love. I would wear this any time of year but it would really be perfect for summer.

francesfragrance
francesfragrance

A very feminine fragrance...it smells wonderful on me. I think the trick is only apply a little at a time. Kenzo is a fragrance that lasts the whole day.

teddyandturtle
teddyandturtle

It's so flippin' powdery and not in the good way. I found this in my room (ex's mom bought it for me) when I was cleaning it and made the mistake of spraying it on my skin. Took one sniff and gagged...I tried to wash it off with soap, but it still lingered. Though after the scent was faded it was more bearable, but still, would never purchase this.

hollycat
hollycat

This perfume is like pampers on steroids on me. I dont get any flowers whatsoever. I get POWDER in the most vicious way. It crawls up my nose and moves in for the kill, holding everyone near me hostage, lest they just be honest and tell me truth.... that I stink.

From other reviewers I thought I would get a great big violet note that I love, instead all I get is a boat load of baby diapers assaulting my senses at every turn.

Nice bottle. But the smell is frankly one of the worst Ive ever been exposed to.

ladyofshunem
ladyofshunem

I super love Kenzo Flower! It's so powdery and fresh. Exactly what I am looking for a perfume. Thanks to the earlier reviews here in fragrantica.com. =)

sita1356
sita1356

When first acquiring this fragrance as a gift I loved it, the bottle is gorgeous and the scent straight from the bottle smells great but a few hours wearing it and I hate it! Whatever chemical reaction that is occuring between my skin and this scent does not appeal to me what-so-ever. Having never had an experience like this before I gave it to a friend without explaining why I didn't want it, a week later she told me the same things; smells great but not on me.

natural
natural

I don't understand all these negative reviews here... this is such a lovely fragrance! powdery,floral, soft, long lasting... just perfect! a unique fragrance that doesn't smell like anything else! I never get bored of it, I can wear it all year round! I looooove it!

Londonchick
Londonchick

This is just WRONG. Sure, there are many many perfumes I don't resonate with, find bland or not to my taste but this is something else. A friend wears it and it is utterly vomit worthy. Yes its like baby powder as many mention but this isnt even smooth innocent boring generic baby powder; this is strong, acrid, sharp plastic synthetic POWDERY.
i cannot imagine someone finding this remotely sexy or sophisticated.
I have no idea how anyone could like it.
This is the only perfume I have ever detested or bothered to write such a negative review on.
it does UNFORTUNATELY have amazing lasting power and worse still, sillage is 10 metres.

mamta173
mamta173

its this very nice and delicate .... best for summers fragrance. :) very feminine

ccj36
ccj36

I just purchased Flower about a week ago. I love Kenzo Amour, and I wear Parfum d'ete in the spring and summer. Flower is floral and very powdery, with violets being the most prominent note on me. It's very wearable and cozy. Even though it is a Japanese fragrance, it has a little bit of a French feel to it; maybe the floral notes? It is kind of strong, so I understand all the reviews that state that it causes headaches. (I'm prone to headaches, too.) However, a very light hand remedies this, plus it seems to allow the fragrance develop more completely without being overpowering. The bottle is pretty, too.

karenrobert
karenrobert

this stuff is so potent, less is more. I was introduced to this fragrant ten years ago with a tiny 0.12 oz glass tube. It was hypnotic and I was in love. It started out soft floral and dries down to a powdery scent. Because the perfume was so expensive for me back then, I used very sparingly and it was beautiful. It was soothing comforting, mild, relaxing, and sensual. Recently, I tried it out again and I got the worst headache from it. I sprayed myself with one spritz of the perfume. I think it was too strong and concentrated. It lasted over a day and still going strong. It was just too strong. they need to make a tiny drop dispenser rather than an atrocious spray bottle. If you use the amount per spritz, you can kill off even plants and insects. Bottom line...use very very sparingly for the best effect. I only needed a dot on my skin for the right effect. Any more is a headache waiting to explode

nilaluna
nilaluna

I had the miniature.....love the bottle...but the scent?...NO!! gave me headache...;(

istateistate
istateistate

Smells like strong baby powder, horrible

Takhaet
Takhaet

oh wow! now-this is what I call a unique fragrance! i am comletely blown away by this one. Why havent I tried it before?!

I promised myself I wont get(that excludes presents ;) any more perfumes this year as I already have lots...but this one was on offer yesterday 30ml for 15 pounds so I though I give it a try.

it's fantastic! so many bad reviews but to me it's a masterpiece<3

So soft and comforting all I can smell is creamy vanilla cake sprinkled with rose petals, baby powder and flowers....such a charming composition! Sound simple but I honestly never smelled similar perfume to this one.

I just can't get enough of it! and the lasting power is superb - about 11 hours on my skin .

I think I will consider this one as my next signature fragrance for fall and winter.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Ceberus barks thrice: a negative review here follows!

I found this perfume to be surprisingly nauseating. I had sniffed it in magazine strips and thought it pretty decent, but full wearings were another story.

The opening is all cutie pies and femmey bliss through the wacky/folky Kenzo fashion filter that makes those qualities into an art. The drydown creeps in with a hazy suggestion of freshly turned shrimp cocktail. Opoponax (balsamic and animalic smelling resin), hawthorn (ultra sweet and sharp), and black currant (the cat pee note) are notes that easily read as bodily and profane. Mixed into a modern take on Royal Bain de Caron like Flower, funeralic associations emerge: cheap bouquets and fetid bodies. Also there are ketones given off right before death, and this musk smacks of that scent to me.

A very morbid review, I realize, and if Flower sustains the pleasure of its opening notes for you and skips out on the heavily disturbing drydown, you're luckier than I was. A perfume that means to be creepy and does it with grace I can take, but this sort of unintentional lipstick on the teeth scenario made for several queasy wearings before Flower was banish'ed. Though I like many scents generally disliked by most people, this one is beyond reprieve: could be summed up as soiled diaper and a rare true case of dead ringer baby powder. But like someone with a flower in place of a brain, I'll probably give this one another try at some point and report back once the extant repeat trauma has faded from memory. It's ... iconic?

9-na
9-na

Fond memories come with it when I think of my university days. Was it powdery on me? Yes. With vanilla? No.

My3Champs
My3Champs

When I spray it out of the bottle, an intoxicating soft rose scent emerges. It calms down to a sweet soft beautiful powdery scent. About an our later, I always end up with a headache. The scent reamains floral, but becomes woodsy musk. Not sure about this one, I do love the iniial scent, but it changes drastically on me.

Duffy
Duffy

I have the knock off, of this smell. This is overtop powdery with peach and wood, i really love this scent! if you love powdery scent.. then you should definitly buy this scent.

nightcat23
nightcat23

Even if you don't like this, you have to give Kenzo credit for coming up with a perfume that smells unique. It's very floral and powdery but I think it's pretty. It's all depends on body chemistry and this happens to work well on mine. It's great for Spring time and office wear and casual days. An overall cozy scent!

mimi88
mimi88

it's a chemical gun in a bottle, gives such headaches that can kill..strange perfume

Minze
Minze

I wanted to try this for ages as I liked the design of the bottle. Now I received a sample with an order and I am so dissapointed. I am wearing this today and the powdery and unpleasant scent is disturbing me. I always feel like an old lady's standing right behind me. No, although being over 30 I feel much to young for this. But maybe I'll try again in 40 years or something.
The powdery scent is not like the rather fresh violet scent e.g. known from Météorites powder pearls from Guerlain but it is very musty instead. Reminds me of mothballs somehow.

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

This perfume is one big headache! An OTT floral scent, with a heady resin base.

ViciousDelicious
ViciousDelicious

I was impressed by the gorgeous bottle, but the fragance gave me headaches and dizzyness. I just don't like the whole blending... and apparently my body doesn't either.

laura.linger.3
laura.linger.3

The only thing I can complain about is the lack of sillage. I am currently sweating through a Phoenix summer and it seems like this scent disappears within a half hour. Too bad, too, for I cannot think of a perfume that more jibes with my body chemistry. I read critiques of this perfume and I understand them, I do. There is just something about my skin and Kenzo Flower that comes together wonderfully well. It's a bit powdery, but I smell a heady incense more, a mixture of beauty that comes across as "smelling fantastic," that's the only way I can put it. There is a tremendous mystery to this scent, and yes, it reminds me of its native Japan. I've been to Japan three times for pleasure; maybe that's why I love Flower so. Applying it to my body takes me back to silent shrines and temples. Gorgeous fragrance.

dulcette
dulcette

i got a small bottle of this as a gift. First time i smell it, it's a headache inducing floral on top of an even more headache inducing musk. it dries down to a little bit toned down floral + vanilla, but the musk is still there. not really for me. Reminds me of Charlie perfume, which is what i vomit to as a child. sorry.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Does anyone else get a blast of the scent of banana peel?! That is all that comes out on my skin with this scent which I must admit I have only tested, not purchased. It is very interesting and unique. I am not sure what notes could be giving off that banana scent on my skin, but I am afraid this won't work with my personal chemistry. I may buy this if I ever get a job at a zoo working with chimpanzees though. ;)

Enchanted_98
Enchanted_98

This is really good. Its sweet, and refreshing, and so girly and womanly. Who ever likes light and sweet smelling perfumes, should definitely try this! :)

paojaime
paojaime

I wore this perfume from the ages of 15 to 18, I had fallen in love with it.. After three years of consistent use I grew tired of it. Very powdery! I don't think I'd be able to wear it again, I still have a bottle left over, but it smells amazing!

lizascarlet
lizascarlet

Nice powdery smell, but too bad, it was turn into a kind of cheap lipstick smell :(

Yurippe
Yurippe

I used to like this some years ago, but now I feel it's too powdery for me. I also don't smell any vanilla.

reyjasson
reyjasson

A friend gifted this to my Mom, and, at the first glance we actually thought we got a very terrific fragrance. Sadly it turned out to be the complete opposite. Not your everyday fragrance definitely. The notes kinda remind me of exotic flowers mixed with burnt plastic - nauseating and overpowering at times. I don't know, but that's just how it goes on me and my Mom. The bottle's kinda large too, which I'm not really a big fan of. Drydown's kinda good though. Sensual, sophisticated but kind of very motherly and grandma-like.

My Mom only wears this only during rare occasions as she too was not really pleased with this fragrance.

dness92
dness92

Powder, roses and sweetness.

This is my mum's signature scent and I must say I do love this for it's character. The projection is very good and staying power is around 6 hours;I think the strength of the scent makes up for the fact it might not last all day.

This perfume seems quite eccentric and it will not please everyone for sure; it reminds me of the flowers in Alice in Wonderland. The beautiful feminine roses soaking in sweet powder have a dream-like quality to them. It's as if your eyes were closed by a magical sleep powder and yet you were seeing the vivid colours of the rose petals before you and the scent of them would be everywhere. You'd be breathing it and slowly becoming one of the beautiful flowers...

Truly feminine.

pomdgf
pomdgf

In my opinion, this is like a fresh bouquet of flowers in the morning when I first spray. And then 15 minutes later it's turn to a powdery scent. So beautiful, soft and young. Very nice indeed. Although it's not enough about longevity but a beautiful bottle make me kept the bottle collection.

ariewid
ariewid

Its powdery and too heavy. My friends said i smell like an old lady when i wore this. Just not my thing.

cara2
cara2

I absolutely love this. The spicey, sort of musky floral with powder works soo well on me.It is also one of the few perfumes to Last.
Reminds me Ive run out, will have to order more!

Powder lovers, rejoice. I have never smelled a more powdery fragrance. I guess its the violet that's giving it that vibe. When I put my nose right next to my skin, I can smell the other florals and musk, but this is mostly powder. This needs to be worn with a light touch. Too much and it becomes suffocating. Not something I can wear everyday, but when I want a soft powdery scent, this fits the bill.

chaos4life
chaos4life

I love this fragrance for now 12 years and still love it like on my first sniff. It's a light and floral scent not to powdery at all. I need to say that the EdT doesn’t last at least 30 minutes on my skin but the EdP last all day long. *completely weird* What borders me is the size of the 100ml bottle, its way to long, so it doesn’t fit in the airport zipper bags.

marboura
marboura

I dont know if I like it! It smells weird...It's surely the most confusing perfume I've ever bought!!

Eicher

I just love its powdery scent. Love at first (actually, I smelled it first on a French lady in a museum in Bordeaux - 2005). I was desperately chasing for this perfume. And got it. It's been now 7 years that I wear it. I do change sometimes, but it's like a true love : you always go back for it.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This fragrance is an aging glamorous movie siren who is young at heart. It has a vintage-modern feel to it thats just wonderful.The violet is there and stays with me all day,is never cloying and makes me happy whenever I wear it. Perfect powderiness.
Absolutely one of my favorites.

purpleunicorn
purpleunicorn

As a child, I loved the smell of the old Kenzo fragrances. The ones with the complicated French names in the super elaborate bottles with flowers carved out of them. When this one came out, I was excited. The bottle was so neat and the name made me think that this would be some wonderful simple flowery scent. In a way, it is... but it makes me long for the old Kenzo. I am picky about powdery scents, as they often irritate my eyes, nose, and skin if they are not done right. I couldn't smell the different flowers in this one because I was overwhelmed by all the musk and vanilla. Perhaps I'm just too sensitive to those scents, but when they are present, that's all that I can think about.

Nice try, Kenzo, but this one didn't win me over.

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

This was not love at first site. After a while i decided to give the forgotten miniature in my cabinet another try, and i`m loving it. First 20 minutes on my skin is all about a strong powder( which is why i didn`t like it before,i guess, i could not tolerate this phase and scrubed it off). Then, for the next 4 hours, it`s a flower parade !! Delicious flower notes, one following the other and circling you. Good longevity, elegant and fresh. Nice discovery in my shelves! :)

personagrata
personagrata

I am really impressed by the controversial reviews , since I find Flower a perfume easy to like but not to love or hate! This is why I purchased it anyway, I wanted something calming and powdery for every day use or for work. And I am really enjoying this, I even find it really nice for the summer, if you don't like the overpowering citrus , which is very common in the summer and you want to wear something feminine, discrete and soft.
Yes it is powdery, I actually love that, but at the same time, Flower has something urban, an urban edge, which makes it different from usual powdery scents , as chanel n5 or guerlains or chloes. I find that Flower is not as "politically correct" or made for a nice girl with a nice outfit, all put together.
To sum up, a powder made for cities, modern girl, not associate with pink and make-up and to my nose not so common or generic but not so edgy either, so as to make people wonder.
Maybe it is not a perfume masterpiece, but it is the one I want and make people around me feel comfortable, because it inspires an inner beauty subtle but present
P.S. The longevity and sillage are just fine. I like the fact that it does not change to my skin and I don't wonder..."what perfume am I wearing today? I just cannot remember"

Ohkit
Ohkit

a powdery-vanilla scent, not my cup of tea, but not bad either. There is something about it that makes me sniff my wrist every 15 minutes after spraying it. But at the same time, I don't see myself wearing it.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Well, this is what it is - very flowery. I lik it, but it's nothing super special. The bottle is fantastic though :)

brettashley
brettashley

This is a very sweet powdery scent. Parma violets and vanilla are the dominant notes. I understand where everyone is getting the "baby powder" scent from, but it's got just enough floral edge to keep it from being a complete powderbomb. I think I must get along with Kenzo perfumes because I can't even begin to imagine getting a headache from this, and I get perfume-headaches very easily. Overall, this is fresh, clean, and softly feminine.

For a comforting vanilla fragrance, I think I'll stick to Kenzo Amour, but if I ever wind up with a bottle of this (and I wouldn't object to that - the bottle is oh so pretty), I can definitely see myself reaching for it on casual days when I don't want to think about my perfume too much. As nice as Flower will be in transitional seasons like spring and fall, I think it'll bloom best in winter - I imagine the cold air will give the scent a frozen edge that might take this fragrance from merely pleasant to beautiful.

atram79
atram79

I had a mini bottle of this and find it is another scent that is perfect for right after a shower, leaving you feeling fresh and content. Definitely one of the more powdery scents but it is sophisticated. Would love to get a large bottle one day. The bottle's beautiful floral simplicity, suits this gracefully upright scent very well.

frohfroh
frohfroh

This is a very expensive way to end up smelling like Johnsons baby powder.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

This fragrance is soft and sweet. I really like it. Although I am not good at detecting individual notes, this fragrance seems to be blended perfectly. I didn't have to wait for dry down to enjoy, I liked it straight away. It smells soft and powdery to my nose. Fresh and clean.

goingblonde
goingblonde

This is the fragrance that said to me "never say never".

I dont hate powdery scents, they are just not for me and I never had any desire to wear them .

since trying Kenzo Flower I see that there IS a powdery scent I really really like & will now look forward to trying more :)

yunvme
yunvme

Oh how I wanted to like this...I have tried and re-tried only to have to wash this disgusting smell from my arm half and hour in...I definately don't get Kenzo perfumes.

mrh322
mrh322

I tried this scent in an airport a few years ago, but wasn't too optimistic as it was described as a 'powdery' floral (I was afraid that it would be too sweet). By the time I boarded the plane I was pleasantly surprised. This turned out to be a nice light floral scent. Kenzo Flower is now my signature everyday scent. It mixes nicely with my chemistry and luckily I don't detect any 'powdery' notes.

DocTales
DocTales

Sticky rose-flavored vanilla wrapped in a powder cloud.
I never understood the hype.

ritachi
ritachi

Beautiful! It is a powdery scent, and maybe not for everyone, but it's also a sort of fresh green floral, which it definitely works for me, and I'm still in college. I tend to wear this during days when I'll be outdoors more often - it's unobnoxious and yet strong enough that you catch little whiffs of it throughout the day. It's the type of scent that gets me compliments on how lovely I smell, and not on how much they like my perfume, because it adapts to its wearer that way. Never been a fan of powdery scents, as they tend to be 'old-lady'-like, but this is something unique: natural, feminine-edgy and perpetually modern, like a Henry Moore sculpture. I'm thinking sunny, sweet, green meadows meets urban It Girl. Definitely a spring/summer scent, wears very nicely and lasts all day. LOVE.

kissmyarse09
kissmyarse09

little too strong for me. :/ i was really hoping this one to open with a strong flowery smell and settle down as if i am in a garden. Unfortunately it opens strong and stays strong!

pepperclips
pepperclips

I LOVE THIS PERFUME!

Up there in my favourites, if anything it's definitely in my top 3, for sure! I love powdery scents and this is just perfect for me, I can't find any flaws in it whatsoever. It's not overwhelming when I spray it on, and as the day progresses I find that it just gets better and better. When my day has ended, I can still smell it and it instantly puts me in a good mood.

Love the bottle design as well, it's so beautiful and it stands out in my perfume collection as it's so unique. It's in a clear slim bottle that is slightly curved with the stem running through the body and the flower on the bottle's cap. It's so feminine and cute.

The scent is just so adorable, I always get compliments and cause it's not a common scent people always come up to me and ask me where it's from or what it is - even when I tell them, they don't quite know the brand either.

Spread the love, this perfume is the bomb!

menita.kortelainen
menita.kortelainen

Baby powder. I like it,but on daily basis I think i would get bored of it. Not very sexy scent to me,it reminds me of childhood..i used to have a doll that smelled like this:D good,but not great perfume.

Abbie8142
Abbie8142

Although I used to love this I have found that it is simply too powdery to be worn on a day to day bases. I will wear this once in a while to special events but it is most definitely a day scent. I would not be caught dead wearing it at night! It is very strong and doesn't have much staying power-maybe about 3 hours at most.

sofababe

Big powdery floral, but modern, youthful and interesting.
I always get a compliment with Kenzo Flower, the sillage is fabulous and the longevity is 10/10. It lasts all day (12 hours) and longer if you get some on your clothes.
I adore lilac and rose and vanilla if its not too sickly. The vanilla in Flower is cool, not sweet, and in combination with the strong florals produces a unique, instantly recognisable fragrance.

Kenzo Flower- Once worn, never forgotten.

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

Junto con CK one, uno de los perfumes que más renombre le ha concedido a mi paisano Alberto Morillas. ( Morón de la Frontera - Sevilla ).

Se pretendió " embotellar " el olor de la Amapola y como resultado tenemos en olor empolvado y floral.

Muy elegante, abtenerse adolescentes.

Típica fragancia que gusta, aunque puede estar más orientada a la tarde - noche.

Le encuentro parecido a Pleasures de Estee Lauder.

Las versiones summer, cologne, intense, edt mantienen su base, puedes reconocerlas fácilmente aunque no sean la original Flower.

Sin duda, se nota que Morillas está detrás de ellas.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

I really love this powdery floral scent. When I first tested it I thought for sure I wouldn't, as Oriental vanillas and gourmands are usually my thing. This smells just like a sweet, in-your-face, baby powder. The sillage and longevity are excellent. Even though this came out 12 years ago it smells modern and I was wearing old jeans and a tee today and this made me feel feminine and girly. I have a feeling I'll be reaching for flowerbykenzo a lot this spring.

heyredrock
heyredrock

I like powdery soft scents but this was just a cheap baby powder disaster. It also had a bitter trace to it which just made me think the baby powder had gone bad. The scent was just annoying- I actually became increasingly frustrated the more I smelled it.
It was very long lasting though. I had to do two alcohol rubs before the scent came off (after a couple of hours of wearing it) so it does have staying power.

Gaia_88
Gaia_88

I'm an unconditional violet lover BUT i don't know why this perfume keeps giving me nauseas. every time i put on this fragrance it smells everything but violets... maybe it's my skin but it's a pity since i love the scent on other women...

dannysmom
dannysmom

I wasn't even going to try this because it's a floral. If you look at my profile, you'll see that I gravitate towards sweet, gourmand scents. Kenzo Amour is one of my favorites. Anyway, I found a sample that I had received when I purchased another scent. Since spring is in the air, I thought I would give it a try. I am so glad I did!

Flower by Kenzo smells amazing on my skin. It's not simply a floral. Instead, it's powdery and even sweet. It actually works for lovers of sweeter scents, like I am. Unique, beautiful, and perfect for spring. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists. In fact, I liked it so much, I ordered a bottle the next day! Give it a try on your skin. You may just find you love it..

Necabel
Necabel

Muchas veces he escuchado decir que un perfume está masificado, y yo discrepaba porque en mi entorno no ocurría, hasta que he probado Flower by Kenzo y directamente lo primero que he pensado es en esta frase.

A parte de esto, me parece un perfume muy bien acabado. Es un aroma bastante empolvado y dulce, se acopla perfectamente a mi piel y tiene buena permanencia. No es mi estilo totalmente pero me gusta mucho, sobretodo ahora de cara a la primavera, la única pega es que me recuerda a mucha gente, así que me la apunto como candidata para un futuro.

***

I have often heard it said that a perfume is crowded, and I disagreed because in my environment did not, until I tried directly Flower by Kenzo and the first thing I thought is in this sentence.

Apart from this, it seems a very well finished perfume. It is quite dusty aroma and sweet, perfectly matches my skin and has good permanence. Totally not my style but I like a lot, especially now in the face of the spring, the only downside is that it reminds me a lot of people, so I was about to run for the future.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is just ok....on me this fragrance is too powdery and dry. There is a tad too much soapy something or other going on too. Not one of my favorites but not terrible.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Despite being so famous, it's a floral fragrance excessively dry and powdery that isn't surprising. In my wife's skin the result was not good. First notes are nice, refreshing, but 20 minutes after application the smell becomes too dry. In my opinion, it isn't a seductive scent. Maybe it's a good choice for a woman use to work. For comparison, try bulgari's scents, they are much more refined and complex.

artsyrn
artsyrn

Guess I don't care for strong violet scents. Not agreeable, interesting enough or inviting in the least. This fragrance leaves me cold.

katiushka
katiushka

I really wish I could like this perfume! It is a unique creation; I like the fact that the scent is multidimensional and plays on a variety of emotions. I also think the idea to use violets – wild flowers which grow in secluded areas – to express the bustle of cosmopolitan life was a creative and brilliant idea worthy of a work of art. Unfortunately, I don’t find the perfume very wearable; I get tired of it about halfway through the day. Pity.

electric33
electric33

On my left wrist is Dior Addict and on my right wrist is Kenzo Flower.
It was accidental. But they actually work side by side.

Sizzler
Sizzler

I bought Luca Turin's The Secret of Scent for my boyfriend, and ended up reading it far enough to understand his interest in perfume. At that point I tracked down the Sanchez/Turin Guide. Began sniffing everything I could get my hands on. In the process I ran into a young male SA (at my local Dillards) who told me "I don't like powdery perfumes."

Yes, I agreed, I don't like powdery perfumes either - they are old fashioned, not fresh enough for my pallet.

Well, I was wrong. Kenzo Flower has me completely captivated. I have been testing it and re-testing it and I have to face the fact that I really like this stuff. I get a hint of something melon-y, beneath a different kind of powder, not baby powder, to my nose this is face powder? Makeup, theater people, show girls? Is it the milky vanilla? I can not pick out the individual notes, but I am absolutely hooked. Ordered it in the mail yesterday.

Edit: Maybe I'm starting to figure out that kind of powder is Parma Violets...

nowandnever
nowandnever

Many reviewers called this perfume "light".
And the design is light and elegant, very clean, but the perfume itself...
I don't find it light at all. Yep, it's powdery, it's very very powdery...
So I wondered "Can a powdery perfume be heavy?".
I tried Flower and now I know it can.
The Violets and the sweet rose and the vanila are just much too much sweetness for me.
It's heavy and sweet and made me gasp for breath.
Yes, I can see how some people might think of this perfume as the "perfect young and girly scent for women between 15 and 30 yrs of age", but as a woman who used to climb the highest trees and loved to roam the city streets in her childhood, I have to say, that this is a concept of feminine just isn't my idea of feminine and smells a bit outdated.

Cindykaul
Cindykaul

From all the reviews, it was quite surprising me, seems “ mum” “ grandmother” love this perfume, I through this fragrance is young girls favorite.. To tell the true, I do like this perfume and I can’t remember how many bottles I have purchased time to time, because here is something about mixture of floral give me a freshness, I just like to smell it , however it isn’t my favorite for now, too much flowers and gone too fast, good for very hot summer when you don’t feel to wear any other heavy stuff .. may this will be a good choice.

romrom
romrom

I really wanted to like this one, I tried, and tried but on me it smells like bug spray wich is so sad because I saw all the wonderful reviews and it made me really want to try this fragrance. too bad

perfumeholic88

I dislike this scent. My mom had 100ml of it and she liked it. For me it smells only by powdery notes but pretty strong plus rose. I don´t know why but it´s old-fashioned for me, weird. Definetly not my cup of tea.

orange123
orange123

I really enjoy the initial notes of this: a fresh whiff of vanilla, melon and violet. The drydown is soft and smells 100% like baby powder. If the top notes stayed throughout, this would be a delightful little perfume. Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of the smell of baby powder so I will have to pass. Smells soft and feminine, but not for me.

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

Oh if only real flowers smelled like Kenzo's Flower. It's so delightfully powdery and soft in the dry down. The opening is a bit aquatic and melon-y, and then it mellows into soft baby powder. The longer it wears on your skin, the more powdery it gets. If you don't like powder, you'll hate it. Flower is about as powdery as they come. I love it!

LadyIris890
LadyIris890

Love Love Love this scent! This is definitely one of my signature scents that is worth the money. It has a beautiful floral/powdery appeal that is pleasant to the senses. I feel beautiful wearing it.

Migalex
Migalex

The EdT smells basically of violets, which these days not many perfumes smell of. It is not a big achievement though. Starts like Insolence eau glacé and finishes like L'instant magique.. As for the EdP the blackcurrant gives it a fruity lemonish opening, very green and sharp, until the vanilla and the musk soften and sweeten it. It smells nice, and the EDP has got good staying power and sillage. i do not like the opening though, I find it too sharp and green for my taste, and that lasts for a long time. Also I came across lots of one pound or slightly more costly copies, and even own one, which smell practically exactly like the original one and do not even find the original one more sophisticated or with better staying power than them.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Baby powder. Lots and lots of baby powder, but very long lasting and decent sillage.

nora elia
nora elia

One of my friends used to wear this perfume, but she over applied it! It was suffocating, however, few years later I tried it on me, and it is really nice scent. Flowerly, powderly and with good sillage and excellent lasting power!. Good to use in an office day (few sprays for all day will be enough)

Morgane08
Morgane08

Love this! Everything is gorgeous about Flower; the bottle and the lovely powdery floral scent. I like powdery fragrances but the problem is that they're often too heavy (too much amber, leather...) This one is perfect because of its HEAVENLY combination of rose-violet-jasmine. My three favorite flowers.

The only downside is that it is a VERY popular scent. I often smell it when I take the train in Paris.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Spritzed some on myself yesterday, had a shower after that and this morning I can still smell it clearly on my skin. I haven't had a whiff of this for a long time.. it's very pleasant. My bottle must be at least 5 years old, but still going strong. Nice, powdery, flowery scent.

Eicher

Flower by Kenzo is my very favourite perfume ever together with Lolita Lempicka. Both are very feminine and are, I believe for mature women.

i like it, but it could get cloying if over applied. i'm not getting a lot of baby powder, it's more the rose, violet and vanilla that are very intense. i find it to be a moderately heavy floral. sweet like a flowery bubble bath. sillage is good, lasting about 2 hrs on me so far and it still smells fresh. i find it to be a cooler weather scent so its perfect for right now. the bottle is super cute. 7 out of 10 for me.

Hilde
Hilde

This has a powdery opening that can be a bit powerful in its powderiness( you know, like baby powder), and I can understand why people might dislike it for that reason. However this turns into a very floral perfume after a while on my skin, and it's almost solely violet. Perhaps with a backdrop of rose and powderiness but unmistakably violet.

It is so very different from the opening that it's almost like a different perfume. Maybe it's because floral notes goes well with me, and perhaps that's why I like floral perfume so much, but this is my experience with this weird but cute perfume. It turns fresh feminine and violet, just like I like it.
So try it on your skin for a while and not just on a paper.

evalusha
evalusha

Kenzo Flower is like a good friend.The scent is sharp and bitter when it's hot outside, and soft, sweet vanilla with delicate flowers in winter. So in summer it chills you and in winter it keeps you warm. Can't help loving it.

sweetness10
sweetness10

I love the EDT version of this! It really suits my body chemistry. It smells like a bouquet of beautiful flowers on me. It's a warm floral fragrance. The slight powdery finish really appeals to me - I don't find it really obvious or overwhelming, it's just nice and subtle and adds a bit of an edge to the flowers.

Nernanator
Nernanator

Found a sample that I'd forgotten I had this morning so I decided to try it out. Six hours later and I'm still surrounded by it's pretty, powdery scent. I like it but it doesn't wow me so I'm not sure if it will end up in my collection. Strangely enough, a co-worker picked up the scent of oranges in it but I can't imagine where he'd get that impression; to me it's just soft, silky powder.

SheShe
SheShe

I really like Kenzo brand but there are a few perfume exceptions. Flower by Kenzo is one of them (I'm talking about an edt version).

I admit the fragrance is unique, but I don't feel comfortable wearing it because on me it's mainly opponax that I don't like.

Flower by Kenzo reminds me of poppies and a red lipstick, not about baby powder - actually it's a lipstick mixed with poppies - all this a bit chemical and not much as powdery as oily and thick. Very soapy but in a bad way. Rose, black currant, violets, vanilla also show here.

I love Tigre, Elephant, 5. 40 p.m. in Madagascar, I can't love Flower because of the chemical touch and opponax in an overdose.

Sillage and lasting power is very good and the bottle is, of course, pretty.

ajidahk
ajidahk

This is one of my favorite scents. It's a powdery fragrance that has slight smell of black pepper.

fath1ma
fath1ma

Its name describing the fragrance, I'm not sure what flowers are contained but I knew maybe more than 5 flowers ?? I guess it's long-lasting fragrance, non freshy, fruity and sweety in my noose...just flowers..and flowers...

pink sugar 80
pink sugar 80

I have this perfume and I dont like it at all . This perfume smells like dead roses. Way to strong !

jtd
jtd

An aldehydic, musky floral typically has an implicit sweetness. An interesting perfume will play against type and either downplay or compensate for the sweetness. Flower learned compensation and a sort of misdirection from White Linen, which it smells like, and Tommy girl, with which it shares a conceptual similarity.

White Linen’s trick is to redirect the composition’s sweetness with a peppery rose that doesn’t so much diminish the sweetness as steer it toward sweet/tart. From Tommy Girl, Flower learns the lesson of astringency. Sour, as opposed to bitter, is a hard effect to pull off in perfumery. In Flower, the sweet, powdery melon-like tone is highlighted by a slightly vinegary note just as actual melon would be by a splash of lemon juice.

Mariaa
Mariaa

I've got it as a gift. It lasts on me for a very long time. I love the fragrance but I use it only for a few and special occasions. Suitable for opened places, restaurants etc...

Airdna
Airdna

Extremely powdery, too much for me. Chloe Love is also powdery but softer and more multi-dimensional. I would not recommend Flower by Kenzo unless you absolutely love powdery perfumes.

pammiecillo
pammiecillo

Made a mistake of using this perfume during year 10 in Highschool. Not knowing much about perfume then, and only saw this from my mom's dresser, I splashed it all over me. When I went to my math class, someone actually commented out loud: 'WHAT'S THAT SMELL?' with a face that shows revolt. So embarrassing.

so, in conclusions, this scent is quite heavy for daytime but I guess if you regulate the use and spray on just a tiny bit, it would be ok. Also not for younger girls as it is very mature. Definitely not for use in summer. Could potentially give head ache and can smell powdery. This is a very sophisticated, elegant and very distinctive smell. I know straightaway when someone is wearing it.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

It's too sweet flowery and powdery for me, gives me a headache. It smells like a very rich someone from the beginning of the 1930s.

Don't use this for every day cause it might be very offending.

There was a limited edition don't remember what it's called a few years ago. It smelled like a fresh, clean forest field. 100% better than this.

I don't know what makes it smell like baby powder. Maybe it's the vanilla and musk. The violet isn't as.. i dont know, Bold (?) as in other perfumes. Sorry everyone who loves this. IMHO, this is sweet powdery yuck.

Melpo
Melpo

I liked the edt a lot (light, flowry, pleasant)but absolutely disliked the edp.

Misenchanted
Misenchanted

I sprayed some of this on the back of my right hand this afternoon. Thank goodness it's the only place I sprayed it. It is the most head-ache and nausea-producing fragrance I have ever smelled. I need to really use all my willpower not to vomit.

My hand has been washed with alcohol rub and soap and water four times. Staying power is huge!! One couldn't pay me enough to wear it...ever!

KasKas
KasKas

Flower by Kenzo is a lovely unique scent which I like to use once in a while. It's comforting and velvety. It's powerful though, so use it with caution.

The downside for me is that it doesn't adapt to your body chemistry, rather everybody adapts to it. What I mean is, no matter who wears this perfume, everybody smells exactly the same.
So the uniqueness of the scent turns out to be rather generic since people who wear it smell branded by it, all the same.

LeaB
LeaB

This is my signature fragrance! I'd tested it a few years back and thought it too floral. However, I was given a bottle as a gift a couple of years ago, and instantly fell in love with it. I would say it's a sophiticated floral, the notes of voilet and rose are soft and not over-powering. The 'powdery' scent it has on top, and then an underlying musk scent make it a fabulous day and evening fragrance. I prefer the EDP to the EDT as it seems to last longer and the smell is richer.

Kezhon
Kezhon

I used this fragrance a couple of times before I became pregnant with my first child back in 2002. Whilst I didn't mind it back then I reacted badly to it once the pregnancy hormones kicked in. I had trouble with most fragrances during my pregnancy but strangely this one was still the worst with it's heady notes and nauseatingly pungent floral scent. Still to this day it is the ONLY fragrance that I still cannot bear the smell of. If I walk past someone in the street with it on I almost dry-retch. Sorry Kenzo...your fragrance is just too much of an assult on the senses!

Małgoś
Małgoś

This is about EDP (as EDT has a slightly different smell and quality).

I used to like Flower very much, but after emptying one 100ml bottle a few years ago, I do not think I will buy it again.

First, I don't think this smell really suits light skinned blondes (-like me).
It is quite powerful, and imposing, and can be overpowering. It's got depth though, but, for some noses may be quite heavy.

Unless applied in moderation, this fragrance can make you a bit vulgar.

meret
meret

I really hate this scent, it's strong and unpolite, like a punch in my face.. but i love the way summerinthesity described her feelings. Thank you! :)

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

Too much for me! the violet note it's too obvious; this is awful to me, I mean too soapy and powdery.I gave it to my mum, cause I cannot stand it.

katrosado
katrosado

Rose and Vanilla were all that I got on my skin with a small bit of musk. It only last about 2 hours on my skin as well.

summerinthecity
summerinthecity

I enjoy reading all these reviews: some full of love, some full of hate... :)
It was the first scent I've chosen for myself at teenage years, because it was very unique compared with vast amount of sweety sticky lollypops or "blooming garden" scents. Flower by Kenzo really presents an imaginary poppy scent - it charmes, hypnotizes, like you are lying in the poppy field lulled to sleep.
It is capricious and when it is in dissonance with someones style, it reveals very clearly and makes queer impression. IMO it fits mostly to white/red clothing or something modern and unusual, especially to plain colour clothes.
In summer it seems too heavy for me, but when the weather becomes cool and humid - it's time for Flower by Kenzo.

Pinni
Pinni

Initially I like this fragrance. There's something in there that reminds me of my happy childhood days. Something very safe and familiar.

Due to that I initially like this scent but it's somehow too straight forward to even feel like a perfume.
I was even thinking about buying it when I was younger and didn't know anything about perfumes. Pictures of the bottle keep popping up so every now and then I keep going back to try it again.

This time I got enough! It still smells good to me but the paper I sprayed it on kept smelling the same for hours! And it was intense! Finally I threw the sample away as I didn't want to smell it anymore and it was starting to nauseate me.

So for me it'll stay as the "nostalgy boost" and I might go smell it in the store every now and then as it smells very nice for a moment. Too much to actually wear.

perfumeholic88

My mum was using this perfume and I definetly dislike it. It´s smell of powder, a tons of powder and it´s awfull. When I smell it I see old woman in fur going to the church...

tinavdmolen
tinavdmolen

I loved this when one of my friends was wearing it, tried it at the store and bought it. I am dissapointed, the smell is not working for me and only lasts for an hour or so.
I have to say I'll pass on this one in the future.

MizLiz
MizLiz

I like powdery notes in perfume, but often the whole composition ends up too sweet on me. I need a little something else to cut the sweetness. Flower has it in its woody notes, hawthorn (which is cool and somewhat bitter), and melon. It wears quietly, like a white, gauzy scarf around your neck. I'm promoting this one to the everyday rotation!

nicki317
nicki317

I liked the sample in the store so I bought a bottle. I liked the powderyness of it, but now I find it has a sharp element to it that I don't like. I occasionally give it another try because it's different, but not often.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

This was the fragrance I used to wear when I couldn't decide which perfume to spray on. It is very light and powdery melon-floral scent. I've never had a problem with powdery scents, so I like this one a lot. It is very sweet and "girly" though, so if you hate "super-feminine" scents, this isn't for you.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

I've been wanting Flower for aged, and I got it as a present from my mother at last. It turned to be a very big disappointment for me. Kenzo Flower is super super powdery and soapy maybe because intoxicating dose of violets and opoponax. If I had asthma I'd die from asthmatic attack already. Noting light, sweet, yummy or girly here but only granny's powdery & soapy scent.

Sorry guys...for being the only negative review here.
I found the only thing likeable about it is its bottle, beautiful.

Kumiko1709
Kumiko1709

Smells like my grandma. At first spritz it was so good I almost bought a miniature. I thought I should let it dry for a little while but it turned so powdery I dismissed it. If you like oriental perfume this could be a good one though

megank4
megank4

I never really liked this when trying it in the store until my husband bought it for me, but now I really like it. It is perfect for summer.

Thandar
Thandar

light,powdery,innocent,simple and girly. I like it a lot, soft warm scent for me.

odango
odango

Smelled this the other day. When I first sprayed it I thought that it was just like talc fabric softener, which I like. When it dried out it turned into something sweet that made me feel sick in my stomach. Definitely won't ever smell this again in my life.

sablebombe
sablebombe

LOVE THIS!!! I cannot count how many bottles of this I have been through in the past few years! I am such a fan of parma violets and that is exactly what I get from Flower by Kenzo. A rich, deep, scent of parma violet and a touch of rose and vanilla. I always get compliments when I wear this and I think this suits my personal chemistry very well.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

Soft, powdery, simple and sexy. Retro yet modern. Flower is a fragrance for the minimalist. If you look at the models in the videos,they represent very nicely,what this scent is about. Bare faces, dressed in simple classic black and white, no accesories, no adornment. the fragrance is the ONLY accesory. Simplicity is not always boring. Sometimes simplicity is just flat out gorgeous!!

LviceWilma
LviceWilma

I loved it...but in 2001...I ve recived it from my best friend as a birthday gift (22) -so it was my first frangrance ever. It´s Flower because Kenzo wanted to make a special scent for a "Poppy"-this flower haven´t any. He was (as the legend said) fascinated how strong is poppy-growing from the pavement.

tracysakon
tracysakon

I actually have this fragrance on right now. This scent is definitely for the fall/winter; it was a mistake for me to spray it in late June.

I must say that this is a very sexy fragrance. I don't think it smells like flowers though; the name is quite misleading. I definitely get a powdery, musky vibe.

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

Not bad. This is a bit strange, because on my wrist it doesnt develop well but, shall we say, between my breasts it smells really great. So I suppose you just have to watch where you put it. Not my favorite fragrance, but I will use up the sample I got. Its pretty original, I cant think of anything that smells like this fragrance. So give it a try!

mystica
mystica

Kenzo Flower leaves me so undecided since years. Sometimes, I really like it, and it reminds me of good memories. Sometimes, I find it almost cheap smelling and a bit cloying.

Not my signature type, but it may be occasionally good.

tiffanykimwagner
tiffanykimwagner

I hate it! It makes me gag. I bought it for everyday use at work, but now its starting to really get to me. I can't stand the smell of it and I am so tempted to give it away for free!
Cats pee!!! is a perfect word to describe it!

servana
servana

Definitely not my taste, but I can't say I particularly dislike it. It's a very powdery scent. You can smell the florals, but they kind of make up the base for me. Although I don't really like it, I can say that it is very inoffensive, yet not generic.

ariyah
ariyah

Es mi perfume por excelencia. Huele a mí :) Llevo gastados varios botes y sé que siempre lo tendré porque ME ENCANTA!Me huele a limpio, a flores, y sobre todo a almizcle (musc).Tiene un puntito a incienso que me encanta. Es realmente una delicia de olor, muy empolvado. Me encanta olerlo en mi piel y en la de los demás, es muy agradable. Para mí es un perfume "todoterreno" porque lo uso para salir de fiesta, para diario, para estar con mi chico ... y siempre queda bien!
Lo veo el perfume 10 encuanto a olor y calidad. Dura mucho en mi piel y el frasco es una maravilla!

Por ponerle una pega: En verano no lo uso porque me ahogooooo, quizás por el incienso. En verano uso el agua de colonia que lleva mandarina y es más fresquita ;)

LLL3
LLL3

Flower does open with a rose-tinged violet but quickly metamorphoses into a powder butterfly. Baby powder, to be exact. It is a bit strange and mellow. Not off-putting but I'm not rushing out to get a full bottle any time soon. I can definitely see this as someone's comfort scent if they enjoy candied violets or the smell of clean babies.

Louw
Louw

I bought this when it first came out and was disappointed, then tried it again in more recent years and was still disappointed. The violet is way too strong and cloying for my tastes and overpowers any other elements that may be underneath. Also, gives me a slight headache.

Beautiful bottle, though.

This was given to me as my birthday gift when it came out. I liked it, because I was wearing scents like Lou Lou back then. I used the full bottle up, which is seldom for me :) I guess I liked the rose which I still like. Today I wouldn't buy it anymore, because it reminds me of times that are over. It's a pleasant and strong flowery oriental. Did you know that poppies(the flower in the commercial) have no scent at all ? :)

bubblem3
bubblem3

Español :D. Este perfume no es malo que les pasa gente? lol. Es floral y huele como a recien bañadita, muy rico por cierto aunque extrañamente las notas finales son algo maduras para alguien menor de 25 años :S

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

On first sniff, the top notes of this EdP create something that is amazingly close to a true lilac scent. However, that impression lasts only for a minute or two, then the heavier notes kick in - soft, powdery violet and soft rose along with some minor floral notes that merge to create a truly beautiful and unique fragrance. There’s vanilla in the mix, but it’s subtle. In fact, all of the notes are perfectly balanced.

As soft and light as it is, there is a surprising amount of sillage. Longevity is moderate, about 4-5 hours. Flower is an abstract flower that is quintessentially feminine without trying to be. It evokes spring and cool sunshine, and the first days when a coat isn’t needed outdoors. For a floral-hater like myself, it’s actually a likeable, completely wearable floral that seems non-floral.

Ambrosia8
Ambrosia8

baby powder, violet, rose, soap. I really don't get anything else (and a milky vanilla in the dry down). To me, it seems a little old fashioned (not in a bad way) and smells very much like cosmetic. It's very soft and easy to like, and it's one perfume that has almost no chance of ever bothering the person next to you because it's so lovely and well-behaved. No social faux pas in sight, garanteed.
The only thing is, I'm usualy not a fan of lovely and well behaved (wild musk and le mimosa apart), and this one is no exception.
Oh, and if you like the idea of a cosmetic-violet-rose-powdery scent but are not satisfied by this one, please try Lipstick rose by Frederic Malle (waaaaay better rendition of the same theme.)

twillocks
twillocks

I L O V E This Oh My Ohhhhhhhh words can't express how I feel about this . . . . Love all cuddly, soft, sweet, Ohhhhhhh

Siv55

Parma violet sweets mixed with baby powder. Resonable length of wear, one of those I think works well on dry skin (I have dry skin) but not very exciting. Cuddly like a freshly bathed baby.
Not sexy at all, and too simple.

Reminds me of Armani Sensi, but Sensi is way better.

sofababe

I seem to be in a minority but I really love Flower!
Its uncomplicated, dry, powdery yes but I don't understand how so many say they don't get the florals. To me this is very much a floral fragrance. Just different chemistry, and noses I guess. I'm a big fan of this and love to wear it on spring days when the air is still a little cool, but bright and promising summer is coming soon.

marietita
marietita

its a shame but I can't smell this fragance without getting sick. I don't know why but it kills me when my mother wear this in te mornings.. But the Flower Orijental its lovely :)

karencherries
karencherries

Pure powder. I don't think the name flower fits it at all. It's soft, innocent, almost baby powder smelling. A little more grown up than say, Love's baby soft. But, not as sophisticated as other powdery scents like Cashmere mist. I see it as being a good transition scent, for someone in their early 20's perhaps.

sarugli
sarugli

I hate the smell of this lol!
The name doesn't even suit this perfume, i love florals, but this isn't! It just smells cloying and synthetic, yuk!

SPOILEDnose
SPOILEDnose

rose, rose, and finally rose;) in a (well for me) bad way unique:( powdery and sweet, not modern... had it, sold it, ähhm, actually - why did i have this?

ngreeny
ngreeny

Flower is the type of comfort scent that I like. It's very powdery, but I can smell the rose too. I'd say it's a day scent and I can see myself wearing it when I have to make presentations or take exams, because smells like this tend to relax me and improve my mood.

Adorabella
Adorabella

I received this as a gift from one of my best friends. I wish I liked it more but it just smells like baby powder on me. It's an unassuming, inoffensive fragrance and would likely be good for office or daytime wear. I do like the bottle and it looks good in my perfume cabinet.

fifaatm
fifaatm

it's very powdery that I begin to imagine that inside that bottle was talcum powder, not a liquid perfume :D
anyway too many people wears it, so I stop wear it.

Matin
Matin

With this fragrance I have an endless struggle.
When the image of the campaign and the bottle came I fall in love and wanted him , but when I smell ... is so dusty and talc, reminds me of Anais Anais but Oriental version. I realize that is different, so original. I feel that Kenzo Flower do not integrates with me, very hard and closed.
However, my roommate used it and it is amazing, I even ask she who are she wearing ...
-Kenzo flower
and I could not believe it!!!! . The top notes faster smoother and give way to an opening floral light middle notes : violet , rose on a background of vanilla and musk truly comfortable and feminine.
I still can not use it: (

sofiii
sofiii

Kenzo Flower starts sweet, clean, tranquil and somewhat like the typical ancient obedient oriental woman in the eastern Asia, who is beautiful, who know her roles and learnt how to be submissive and knows in behaving submissively in a certain society, it takes more power and requires more courage than being the dominant ones sometimes, if not almost all the time.

Flower develops quite linear, the only change is that as time pass by, it gets warmer, and more powdery. Maybe it’s just me, when I wear it, it usually gives me a certain type of wasted, fragile, but beautiful mindset; and it is a little bit self-torturing and sadistic in an emotional level (In comparison with John Galliano’s John Galliano, which also emits a melancholy vibe, but John Galliano has more a mystery, and self-assured vamp feel in it).

The dry down is actually the nicest (as in emotionally less demands) stage, it’s still powdery, sweet, but everything smell tamed, warmed-up and rounded.

Flower is the most changeable perfume I’ve ever had, some days it behaves nice and I just like the nice and melancholy oriental drama it evokes, but some days it just behaves weird, really cloying and never-tiring while my nose was constantly clogged by the powdery feel.
Somehow the weird behave of Kenzo Flower is somewhat parallel to some Asian women’s behaviour(hope I don’t offend anyone here): nice, lady-like, inherited all so called Asian philosopies of how-to-behave-properly in the outside and somewhat depressed and desperate inside; when you hit a point, the obedient, nearly slavishly obedient women can go nuts. The challenging part is, some of us cherish this delicate oriental Flower, but in my case, I cherish it with fear, fearing that I don’t know which day will be my bad Flower day. Still, it’s a quite unique perfume, a quasi- baby powder perfume with depth and complex personality.

Mademoiselle Noir
Mademoiselle Noir

I got this for Christmas and instantly loved it upon getting the first time I spritzed it on my wrist. It's like a mix of soft, feminine, and powdery, and it reminded me of my childhood from when my mother would get ready for the office and I would want to grow up fast and be like her. It's a balance of youth and innocent sensuality without being too cloying or overpowering. It's delicate, and at the same time long lasting. I spray it on in the morning and can still smell it on me when I go home in the evening! LOVE IT!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

It was strong and sweet on me, slightly powdery. The scent was like honeyed roses and vanilla, and looking at the notes, I should really love it, but somehow I don't. I think it's simply a matter of taste, because it's not a bad perfume in itself, it's just difficult for me personally to wear it for more than couple hours. Because if a wear it for a little bit longer, it becomes annoying. The lasting power and projection are great, though.

Perfumedsecrets

Flower is a phantom fragrance. It isn't distinct really, and I don't think people can recognize it for that reason. It's a transition perfume from being a teenager to a young woman. I dislike how powdery they made it. All Kenzo perfumes have that note in them somewhere. It's like a dry heliotrope with even more crisp violets.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I like floral scents but this one isn't me. I can appreciate it and I don't dislike it, I just wouldn't wear it myself.

Update: I couldn't have been more wrong!!!! The EDP version is amazing 2 hours after I've sprayed it!!! I am still not that keen on the EDT but I will definitely buy the EDP! It is beautiful and captivating.

I tried all the Flowers today - Winter Flowers, Summer Flowers, Flower Essential and Flower Oriental. The original Flower EDP is the best in my opinion. I love the frosty, slightly sweet, powedery feel to the dry down! The opening could have been a bit softer. As it is, I find it a bit sharp.

The staying power of this perfume is exceptionally good. And it gets better as it dries (down unlike some other scents that tend to fade away in the dry down).

Chanelette
Chanelette

I really like the idea of this fragrance as a part of Japanese culture. I find the scent very inspiring and somehow calming. It makes me slow down and think deeply. That's what I found Japanese about this fragrance: when I wear it I feel like living slowly - that's what Japanese culture is about: they prepare sushi for hours and then eat it slowly, enjoying every bit, they make tea rituals that make you forget about the life outside the tearoom, they master caligraphy - those beautiful ornaments are pure precision that needs time to be created. Dressing up for a special occasion takes a long time - the beautiful silk kimonos deserve to be worn properly...
I just love the way Japanese people cherish their traditions, they're keeping them alive, beyond any concept of time.
I think this fragrance somehow captures the timelessness of tradition, being gentle yet strong, inspiring yet not disturbing, abstract yet true, simple yet impressive.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Without any rhetorical intentions, I got to say that Kenzo fragrances are beautiful, in the simplier meaning for this adjective. Starting from this one, along with the stunning Kenzo Summer, Amour and Amour Indian Holi...

Beauty is harmony, overall..and to me Flower is like a melody, it embraces you in its powdery, tender notes of classic flowers on a musky-vanillic base (I don't know if it's me, but I wouldn't have been able to recognize neither the rose neither the jasmine in this creation: when I wear it I only feel like a wave of gentle petals on my skin)...actually, if an all-flowers's cake existed, it would have the smell of Flower by Kenzo :)
A Kenzo scent doesn't grab the others attention, it can only suggest, inspire, soothe and make dream: in this sense, I think that Flower is one real "oriental" fragrance, not only for its olfactive notes but also for the attitude.

At last, here's a scent that can make a woman feel good on her skin, perfectly balancing the tenderness and the sensuality. It's gentle and soft during the daytime, warm and comforting at night.
A bit too popular perhaps?..but that's a fault I can forgive in this case.

Update: yesterday I went to The Body Shop and bought a lovely home fragrance oil named "Floral Passion": well, it smells EXACTLY as Flowers by Kenzo (I don't think it's a case), in the description it reads "With ylang ylang, vanilla, Community Trade chamomille essential oils and Community Trade soya oil, perfect for romance".
If you love Flower you may want to look for this scented oil ;)

Flower smells so similar to Hypnotic Poison. The difference is that Flower opens with a burst of freshly cut flowers. While the opening is nice, I would not want to smell like it all day. Lucky for me, this works out because the floral notes tone down within a few minutes, leaving behind what smells like powder and vanilla bean. The heart reminds me of steamed milk with a bit of vanilla syrup--warm, soothing, and cozy. The overall effect is very different from the sultriness of Hypnotic Poison. I really like Flower. I want to spray it all over myself after I take a hot shower before bed--the olfactory equivalent of having a glass of hot milk.

zvoncica
zvoncica

All perfume hunters out there, who have tried most famous Kenzo perfumes, are aware how modern and recognizable their smell is. Flower is surely among them, elegant winter floral, mostly enjoyed by girls under 25.

In short characterization I would say Flower is very powdery floral scent, quite enjoyable and with extra long lasting time. In compare to other florals I would say...
if flowers in Jadore are spring cocktail dress, than flowers in Flower are Marie Antoinette crinoline

if creaminess of vanilla in Classique rides fire blazing dragon, then cream of the rose in Flower is swinging in rocking chair

if you are a lover of Lolita Lempicka perfumes and Organza there is a big chance you will love Flower.
I personally dont see myself wearing it but recommend it to flower lovers.

scorpiosheep

In reply to Himetama's comments, I'm talking about how I perceive Japanese perfumes to be when I say "understated", not its culture in general. I am an AVID fan of all things (well, most things) Japanese and when I think of the scents that conjure up Japan I think of hinoki woods, spring blossoms, green forests, tea, even the faint whiffs of sulphur from some of the baths.
Not this in-your-face heavy floral perfume, OK? Quite a few reviewers have stated this is "Japanese" smelling, and I have to beg to differ. Anyway this is really not a forum for debate, more for personal observations, and everyone perceives these things differently. This is what makes the world go round!

himetama
himetama

Hah, scorpiosheep, something tells me you have never taken a look at some of the things Japan is spreading to the west - for instance, the wonderful world of Japanese alternative street fashion. Understated? Not really.

I think this scent is lovely - a little nostalgic, sweet but not obnoxious, summery and floaty and easy to wear. It's an innocent, pretty scent. I don't get the powder either; on me, this perfume smells like a flower garden on a summer's evening, which I adore.

My only complaint is that a little amount doesn't last a long time, but on the other hand it doesn't leave any unpleasant musks or nasty lingering scents at all, which is something rather nice for me on whom musky undertones inevitably end up smelling stale and dreadful. 8.5/10!

scorpiosheep

I don't think this is Japanese at all. Japanese to me is UNDERSTATED in nature. This is very strong, heavy and cloying. It could be worn by a high-powered executive type who is not afraid of her presence being felt in a radius of ten miles and probably for as long as a week. No, no, no.

Such a beautiful bottle deserved so much better contents.

Teya
Teya

i love this perfume. its a little stronger than most of the perfumes i have but i bought it in serbia for my mom when i was around seven years old and it brings back happy memories. i love it!!

srimati
srimati

Powdery and flowery but just unique enough to give it a shot. A combination of florals with vanilla, opponax, sandalwood and musk bases seem to blend nicely.

sweetcookie
sweetcookie

I found Flower to be a paradox-at once too old and
too girilish to suit me. It's feminine, Iinnocent/victorian perfume-flowery and powdery to the hilt. The concession to contemporary is it's synthetic. I'd hardly call Flower an oriehtal.It's powder covered roses!

Woodelf
Woodelf

Kenzo Flower is a lovely, unobtrusive scent that can be worn any time. It is at once green and floral. I don't get the heavy powdery scent that others do. Instead, I am getting violets and rose mixed with a green carnation-like accord, all mixed with vanilla and musk. Sillage is moderate, and Flower has good lasting power. If I had to compare this with another scent, I'd say it's a lighter, "greener" version of Vanilla Musk by Coty.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A grown up version of Love's Baby Soft from the opening to the middle...then in the drydown it turned into a rather green scent. Like carnation or rose stems surrounded in a cloud of powder again.

deannab10
deannab10

Flower by Kenzo is a straight up powder scent. I have never liked powder scents, but for some reason I love this. After I tested it, I just had to buy a bottle. I am not sure what it is, maybe the sweetness of it? I don't smell any floral in it at all, and I am a floral lover. It is just sweet powder with a hint of greenness, very comforting and soft, but still with a nice sillage. Mmmmm, I am smelling it right now.

If you like powdery comfort scents, I think you will love this.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I used to wear Flower back to high school and one day i decided to buy it again since i really had good time when i wore it.
It brings me good memories. So i ended up with the big bottle.

Flower by Kenzo is a quite recognizable smell, not to loud.
I would say that it is a soft and special perfume for young women.
If you bring your hand close to your nose you will understand this spicy notes which make it an oriental perfume.
But in general i would describe more like a gentle, powdery-rosy scent.
Suitable for day and night, it worth its money.
The bottle is also very beautiful for your collection.

guest_bella princesa
guest_bella princesa

Realmente este perfume es maravilloso
es muy duradero y romantico por sus notas de rosa, jasmine,violeta con ese
toque de vainilla. Altamente recomendable xoxo desde mexico.

AgentSteph
AgentSteph

I am a fan of this scent. I have an affinity for powdery scents and this has it in spades. Quite long-wearing and great for just about any occasion or time of the year. Oddly, I don't find it particularly floral. Perhaps it's because the "rose" is Bulgarian? Rose scents are sometimes a little too "old lady" for me, but not this one.

I dislike the tall packaging though. It's hard to store and easy to tip. I don't really think the name matches the scent either.

guest_Nini
guest_Nini

I really enjoyed reading the controversial opinions on Flower on here, but had never tried it. So I thought, hey, let's try and see to which of the opposite sides I am leaning. Let's see the pros: the longevity is really good, exceptionally even, at least on my skin. It's very distinctive: the minute I sprayed it on I recognized a smell that I had perceived more than once before on other women. There's absolutely no mistaking Flower for any other perfume, and I do like an olfactory statement. Sadly, my cons are stronger: the smell is oddly sweet, it smells like something not quite so fresh anymore - to my nose, this is not a clean scent, but sadly it's also too innocent to be a dirty one. Secondly, I'd classify it as a teenage scent, which is not bad, it just isn't for a woman my age (30). Thirdly, it could be classified as bubbly, happy, loud, sweet, but certainly it has nothing mysterious or sexy. I miss that. And lastly, it's ubiquitous. Honestly, you smell that perfume seven times a day in any crowd. The freaking perfume store smells of it because people try it that often. Being a top seller on the EU and US markets, it lingers in public transport, theatres, cinemas and classrooms everywhere. I'd rather wear something that sets me apart than something that makes me part of a mainstream scent group. What use is a signature if everybody has the same one?

DriHonne
DriHonne

Flower by Kenzo does not work for me. Too powdery and synthetic. Gives me headache and nausea. Does not work at my skin at all.

sarafirmino

i just realise something, this little treasure, combined with raspberry lotion from TBS, and you get something so rich, long lasting, the boring musk gets erased, the beautiful flowers come up and you get something very sexy and delicious! :D

p.s. why the hell did i say sexy 2 times? xD

timi
timi

I used to wear this perfume a lot during a very tumultuous time in my life that involved too many erased brain cells, heartbreak and too much mary jane. Needless to say, I don't wear it anymore.

Don't get me wrong. It smells delightfully feminine, sort of like a powdery vanilla rose. And the menfolk come flocking to you when you wear this, I swear. I called Flower my Man Trap perfume. Men just want to nuzzle into your neck when you wear this perfume.

Even if those days are long gone, I value how pretty it smells, I just can't wear it anymore because of the memories that came with the time I wore it.

Kudos to you, Kenzo, for making a truly effective aphrodisiac.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I used to like Kenzo Flower but that love is gone.
I bought a bottle years ago because when I tested it I adored the powdery, flowery scent.
But halfway through the bottle I felt it was giving me headaches.
When I had finished the bottle I actually felt relieved.
If you are prone to headaches, be careful with this frag.

rubyred
rubyred

Divine, sweet, complicated and fresh.Flower has a sexy, sultry, seductive big sister, did you know? she comes in a red, satiny container and her name is Flower Parfum and she comes out to play after Flower has been tucked into bed and kissed to sleep. Where Flower flirts playfully with violet, iris and vanilla, Flower Parfum gets down and dirty with almond, marzipan, amber vanilla. Flower is fun to play with; Flower Parfum you could eat her all up.

HardCandy
HardCandy

I really really tried to like this.

I got this as a birthday present from my boyfriend - unfortunately, one should NEVER purchase perfume as a gift unless they are confident of the recievers tastes !

This perfume was just horrible on me and I grew to loathe it with time- I wanted to heave every time I sprayed it

it used to stay on the bottom drawer untouched but now it serves as another purpose - a fragrant bug spray - quite effective too !

tbh it turned me off from ever trying anything by kenzo

edit - the review of the perfume itself

It had great lasting power - the walls where I would spray the bugs stayed scented through out the day

Its not a strong perfume - so no worries about offending anyone with the scent

andrevarx
andrevarx

A fragrance that has notes of all kinds of flowers, it is not possible to identify any or dominate one, a very chaotic floral explosion. Very powerful, can saturate quickly, wear with care.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Kenzo Flower... I have heard so many times that there are hardly any flowers to be detected but how many of you did actually think of a metaphor Kenzo used when naming the fragrance????
It is a flower that has been invented by Kenzo himself, I consider the perfume a divine mixture! I wish there was a flower smelling like that fragrance :-)
It has good staying power and nice, gentle sillage.
To those of you who like to discover things in our world nose-wise, Kenzo Flower smells to me exactly the same as Nivea Soft cream!!!! Try it yourselves and you'll know what I mean!!!
Overall, it is a nice fragrance, much different from Eg Kenzo Jungle which is heavy and difficult to wear.
Flower is pleasant, powdery sweet, a hint of fruit, rose petals and a pinch of vanilla. Simple but not boring. Gentle but at the same time quite sophisticated. Lovely for office wear and for an evening cuddle :-)
According to me - if you like the way Nivea creams smell - you will certainly fall for Flower :-)

guest_Lilac
guest_Lilac

This is a difficult perfume. It is very sweet and strong, and it lasts very well on me. I have to politely disagree with the reviewers who said that it doesn't develop. It did on me.
The first 45 minutes after spraying it on were disagreeable. I felt slightly nauseous and like I was getting a headache, and I felt I smelled like a 15-year old who wants to impress a boy. But then, after this unpleasant experience, the loud unsexy sweet notes calmed down and I actually smelled really nice and surprisingly feminine. And this lovely scent stayed on the whole day until my evening shower. It's a shame that the initial phase of this perfume is so unpleasant; otherwise this would definitely be an option for me for drab autumn days that need a touch of light and flower.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Absolutely adore the packaging and everything to do with this product aesthetically is truly lovely. Unfortunately the perfume itself, for me, is just a bit, well, 'meh'. I don't get the powdery thing, but I definitely get baby products such as lotion or baby bath. This was compounded when a work colleague of mine wore this for a while and during that time we had a new member of staff, who asked me on her second or third day if she was the only one who could always smell Johnson's baby lotion when she walked in the office. Much as I like the smell of baby toiletries, I don't really want it in a perfume, so I'll be giving this one a miss. Shame 'cos the bottle is lovely :(

milena
milena

Yesterday I wore this clean fresh floral fragrance. I received a compliment how nice the perfume smells on me. To my surprise, I did not expect it to smell so vibrant after couple of hours of wear.It is winter here in Australia and one would think this scent is for summer but no way it is just as appealing in winter. I love it. It is a oriental floral fragrant but to my nose it's more clean fresh floral smell. All about chemistry I guess.

blackdove
blackdove

I used to love Flower, I had about 3 bottles of it in a row. Then I took quite a long break from it and returning to smell it again I find it extremely loud, very strong indeed and not as interesting as I first thought it. Also I find when I smell it on others they always wear far too much of it, to the point of making you nauseous!

blurio
blurio

My mother's signature scent. Perfect for the people who like strong, floral scents.

Fides
Fides

To me, this is almost not powdery at all, but it's wonderfully creamy. It reminds me of those soothing baby lotions, all sweet and clean. But, Flower is not excatly delicatly clean, like soapy scents; when you have a perfume that is all about candy Parma violets, there has to be a lot of sweetness to it. To some alluring, to some irritating. And when you talk about that powdery, musky notes - blame it all on Parma violets, because Flower has to be one of purest essences of them there is on the market. I'm affraid I can't find any rose, too bad, just violets and a bit of vanilla. I agree with reviewers who think of Flower as a love/hate smell. I find it joyfull, candy violet extract in the amazing bottle, good for any seasons or age. Lasts quite long.

Rouu
Rouu

kind of fragrance that u just luve or hate !

LUVE IT !! very powdery ,feminine ,strange,and sexy !

so much powdery that hit ur nose at 1st sniff..1st time i tried it on i just fall in luve with it !how ever many gurls wont say the same but i feel Flower by Kenzo is one of the most fragrances resemble to the word (ELEGANT) indeed !
pretty,flowery,elegant,attractive and wonderful with high staying power ! i luve the bottle itself with that simple attitude

charlottte
charlottte

I shared a bottle of Flower by Kenzo with my mother. She liked it a lot but I couldn't stand it. It's too powdery for me it almost makes me suffocate every time I open the lid. My mum ended up finishing the whole 100ml bottle - the bottle, however, I must admit, is beautiful.

Maki
Maki

I had it and I remember that I especially liked it in combination with the deo. It was as if the deodorant brought out the heart of the fragrance...Made a lot of difference anyway.
It's history for me though, there are many frags I like better now..

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have not had good experiences with Flower. I tried it when it first came out & remember not liking it. I tried it again today & I can confirm it is quite yucky. It opened flat and unpleasant & then evolved into the smell of day old orange peel, when it starts to turn.

I am actually suprised because until Flower, I have not met a Kenzo fragrance I didn't like. Oh well.

UPDATE: I tried it once more just to be sure (the bottle was worth it) and sadly, this is just not for me. No matter how pretty the bottle.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

Very powdery easy to wear fragrance. The silliage is not very strong but it is very long lasting! I am happy I added it to my collection.
Update: This perfume is like a well fitted glove with cosy wool inside. It is very powdery and comforting, I hesitated years to buy this one because it was very sweet, but now that I wear it I wonder how I lived without it so long!

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I bought a small sample of this, and the imagery on the card (and in the video) is beautiful. The flowers look just like one of the sets in Criss Angel's live show, Believe. The scent, however, is just okay. I won't be buying another.

update, 8/24/10
Mmmm... I lied. This has grown on me... Sexy, sensual, and delicate.

LadyNatalie
LadyNatalie

The most beautiful bottle. Its an art-object, impossible not to be attracted.

Altough the smeel is not my cup of tea, its so strong, flowers and a lot of baby powder.

Its so long lasting, it smells a little chemical, its a very recognizable fragrance, a pretty one, smells clean, misterious and sofisticated on a lady. Im a young woman, im not into powdery-oriental fragrances. I think this is better for spring and fall, because its oriental-floral, in summer i think it could be too strong.

Kenzo FLOWER is indeed "clear and unusual," and I have no difficulty understanding its stunning success, for the floral opening, which lasts just long enough to have made the purchase of a bottle at the counter of a busy department store, is truly gorgeous. Yes, there is a synthetic edge to this fragrance, but somehow it imparts a resinous quality that draws one in--FLOWER is somewhat similar in this regard (in form, not content) to both BULGARI pour FEMME and Bond PARK AVENUE.

The mid-stage and drydown are rather less "clear and unusual". Although I know of no perfume that smells like the drydown of FLOWER, there is a certain familiarity to this scent. A comforting familiarity. A calming familiarity, as though one were being cradled in the womb once again. Yes, I know this from somewhere: a sense of security and protection... Yes, that's it: freshly powdered, clean white diapers! Kudos to Fragrantican MissLauraQ's seven-year old for noticing this first!

Great longevity, as should be expected given the synthetics in evidence... Thanks are in order to Alberto Morillas for availing himself in FLOWER of synthetic organic chemistry in non-emetic ways.

sarafirmino

i have the edp version, received as a gifth. i like it, it's not a wauuu fragragrance, but it suits me well and it lasts even more. my bottle is almost finishing but i wont buy another to replace it.

even that this is a floral oriental (and that's one of my favourite types), i think it's soap and roses mixed in a bottle.

it's a clean and easy to wear fragrance, not my favourite, but i know a lot of people that may disagree..

pandalia
pandalia

I recived this one as a gift. I like almost all of Kenzo fragrances but this one is killing me. I dont know what is about this one but i can stand the smell of this fragrance.

Enchantia
Enchantia

This perfume smells like soap/baby powder on my skin. Not my kind of perfume.

selinum28
selinum28

This is my favourite perfume to wear. It evolves nicely. It makes me think of northern prairies in summer, from the discrete beginnings in June to September, when most giant herbaceous plants are ending their performance. Flower is dreamy, romantic..., and also has the simplicity, elegance and strength of a poppy flower: almost mystic to me. I sometimes use it to sleep, dream and feel home.

nyoka
nyoka

i really like this one as i do all kenzo.reminds me of soft,dew kissed pink roses.not red and loud roses.its too soft for that.the slightly woody dry down is calming at the end of the day but,there i am spraying again for my dreams.

AcePilot
AcePilot

Sure it smells nice, but as soon as it hit my nose, I knew exactly what it was. It smells like Diapers! Not used or anything, Im not trying to bash it, But it definetly smells like huggies. Or pampers. As soon as I smelled it, it took me back to changing bottoms. No thank you.

tuky
tuky

Delicate and ultra feminine, sensual, soft and fragile woman. Modern yet timeless, sunny summery flowers... it has something special...probably too many memories.. with my mother and my childhood.....

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

Putting my mascara on the train using a mirror i smelled this kenzo flower and thought it was my neighbour at the next seat was using this perfume. I loved it and the next day i smelled the fume again and realised that i had used kenzoflower perfume for cleaning my pocketmirror!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

It feels like after a summer rain.
Fresh, cool and sober.
I like it.
Oops, the only flaw is that it doesn't last long.

meisha
meisha

if you want a very powdery perfume this is for you. liked it at first but i got tired of it and didn't finish up the big bottle. This is a very sharp powdery synthetic scent. If you want a softer powdery delicate scent go for Bulgari Jasmine Noir. I both have the edp and the edt.

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

Very original & unique , never in my life that i've smelled something like it , its a beautiful unadulterated ROSE & violet scent . extremely powdery in a wet ( like fabric softener - laundery detergent ) way not in a dustily powdery way like ur facial jasmine poudre.
Anyhow yes , its bland & insipid ,
& after sometime it will most probably get very boring , nagging & un-interesting , nonetheless its truely unique & deeply characteristic .
The notes listed above is very true & u could probably detect every single note listed in this sort of non-changing & monotonous scent . Lastly with amazing sillage & long lasting ability. Merci.

Sissi
Sissi

Less Is more i love the design a single
Red flower stem verticly cuting though
the clear white bottle.
But I Didn't Care for the scent
it smell too much like baby power
it was to powdery on my skin

Kseniya
Kseniya

I would call it a "cartoon film" pefume for very young girls. I had it only once years ago and really enjoyed it. Was surprised to see so many negative reviews because this perfume is quite unique and will be appropriate for a teenage girl.

Ofeliarage
Ofeliarage

Got the EDP as a gift & i liked it enuf to finish the bottle. The flowers can feel a little heavy sometimes & other times feels so soft. This has good sillage & last a long time. Its more floral than oriental & a true floral in its own right. Also its better than most floral scents these days that turn really sweet. It is captivating & soothing.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

I liked this A LOT after I first smelled it. I love the bottle, too. However, sometime during my second bottle, I fell sadly out of love with it...Its powdery-scent made me crazy and I found it overwhelming and a bit boring. Kinda like the lover who had given it to me!

mshughes87
mshughes87

I owned this perfume many moons ago,& to think I actually wore it panics me!!I'm now not a big fan, too powdery & if I smell this scent on anyone it almost makes me gag!

Lilian
Lilian

Well the red poppies I know, the ones that grow every early summer like blood stains along the railways, do have a scent; true, it's a faint one, one that I can only pick up if I bury my nose in a big bouquet of poppies. It is a very bitter herbal scent, a little bit salty, sweet, quite powdery (a sort of powdery that I associate with the poppy's black pollen). I find it as uninviting as enveloping the flower in its own story, its own time bubble, with no thought of the world outside. It is this that Flower evokes with just one tiny squirt. As the poppy only wears a faint trace of its own scent...

@cinsot: I am pretty sure a sensible person cannot have his or her feelings hurt by someone's opinion on such a personal matter as perfume (unless the opinion is expressed in an openly malicious manner, and I think yours was not)

krestfallen
krestfallen

very flowery and powdery. went to test at a perfume store. quite wearable and not offending. like the smell on people but not myself.

9154mf
9154mf

I tried this like 6 years ago from someone else's perfume stash and I remember hating it immediately. I just got a sample in a generous MUAers package and trying it again with a much more trained nose than before, I dont hate it but I still wouldnt but it. Its like strong sweet baby powder, and not much else really. It seems to have a slightly spiced edge to it, probably from the opoponax. Anyway i can see why some people find it comforting cozy winter frag, but i personally dont find it interesting enough. I have tried flower Oriental and i prefer that.

LoveLy
LoveLy

i just got this today and i forgot how much i loved this perfume so powdery and beautiful and i love it so....i'm so happy i have been reunited with this

Update: Still happy with this i'm so very pleased with this perfume..its so powdery and flowery and i'm not usually into florals but this and a couple of ogther exceptions have taken the cake for me

rin XD
rin XD

this is the first repulsive perfume ive ever smelled... i thought it looked sweet and simple ( in a good way)but its scent made me dizzy, and somehow it smelled like those cheap perfumes.
i did not like it =

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

Absolutely gorgeous. It's excatly what a beautiful perfume should be, elegant, floral, violets and roses, just glorious.
It's lovely in cooler weather and it lasts so long.
And what a pretty bottle!
One of my very favourites.
I love anything that smells of roses and violets.

pansylady
pansylady

i gave Flower another try today, and find that it's growing on me a bit- it was a very cold and snowy day in Stockholm, and wearing it made me feel warm and comfy, like I was surrounded by the essence of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows! In my opinion, it is more of an ambery gourmand scent, and I agree that it is a fall-winter scent-- I smell food, not flowers!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

To me this is a fall-winter flower... strangely I always thought floral perfumes were for spring summer season, but this one has something in it that would make it too heave during those seasons. It's got a distinct baby powder scent on my skin, mixed with rose, violets, freesias and more roses, with again a good dose of Johnsons baby powder on top. Maybe it's my skin chemistry, but it lacks freshness; it's not very oriental either; but I like it I see it as good enough to brighten up a fall wool suit, or a tweed cashmere sweater in the winter. I probably won't buy a big bottle though, even though the bottle is super pretty.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Flower by Kenzo makes an excellent mood lifter in dreary, miserable weather. However, spray it on and you'll be surrounded by a blast of florals that never seem to go away! (It lasts like you wouldn't believe)

It isn't classic, but it isn't girly either. It's a romantic scent with an edgy modern twist - and it seems to compliment women from their late 20's to 40's.

For those who can't stand it - have a nice time trying to scrub it off in the shower....

Sassy and breezy.
Perfect for a free spirit. It's young and flowery yet exotic and flirty.
The most divine violet and rose combination.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I do not like this scent at all! I received it by mistake instead of Flowers by Kanto. I promptly sent this back! Something in the mix does not go well with my nose. I just could not stand this stuff.

tra
tra

Bulgarian rose and not too much vanilla.From the same parfumeur as Sensi.I like it very much. A long lasting beautiful scent, makes me feel beautiful too!This could be my fragrance Nr.2

GrannyBear
GrannyBear

I love this perfume - it seems to like my body chemistry. I find it warm and spicy with a clean edge that makes it quite different from my other favourites (mostly orientals). However, I do find it best to use a bottle start to finish, then use something else for a few months. What a pleasure it is then to come back to it!

Filiccia
Filiccia

Seeing that most of
the reviews are negative I felt that I should narrate my story too..

It was one of those perfumes that I had rejected as too sweet
without even trying it on me(only on
paper tester..Didn't risk it on my skin)

I guess it's the
abrupt opening rose sweetness(this is how I feel for the very first note after spaying it and reminds me of rose candies)that caused that..

It attracted my attention when I smelled it on someone else and couldn't believe the transformation...So I guessed it may work well on me too;and I tried it..

I got the same impression after a few minutes to half an hour..

The "annoying" top note
that prevented me from testing "slows down" and the perfume smells as "rosy" as it should be (according to me always!!!)not to annoy but to "wrap you"

The whole essense outcome makes my day..
I only regret for having misunderstood it before..But it's never too late..

guest_pearly
guest_pearly

The lady at the Duty-Free counter warned me that Flower by Kenzo was a strong one. I only wish I had listened, because I stubbornly sprayed it on and regretted it as soon as I walked out of the store.

Flowers isn't exactly unpleasant, since it combines a strong concoction of florals.

However, the same floral notes are always present and therefore the olfactive notes remain the same from the beginning towards the end
- most fragrances generally go through developmental stages of top, middle and base notes.
It isn't tedious or tiring, but if you're easily bored with the same thing over and over again, try something more vibrant.

Word of warning - this lasted the entire day , and could have possibly lasted a week if Id sprayed it on clothing, so unless you actually love this perfume, think very carefully before you even think of buying it.

Mahala77
Mahala77

I liked Flower when I first got it, but then it became annoying to my nose, and gave me headaches so I stopped wearing it. A few months later I tried it again, and it was really nice all over again. I figured with Flower, too much will ruin a good thing.

wynstelle
wynstelle

Unfortunately, I will have to agree with all the members who dislike this one. Far, far from the original which I ADORE... I only tried it once after buying it blindly. So if anyone is interested in a brand new 1.7 fl oz, please contact me.

LenaBel
LenaBel

This one was my first perfume :)
I think it is very special, unusual, distinctive and a classic at the same time. You will always recognize it as it is like nothing else. At one point I was bored with it but after a while I started wearing it again. To me its warm, more a winter/fall fragrance. Its staying power is very good - lasts for a few days on a scarf.

Jeannine
Jeannine

Kenzo is one of the "mainstream" scents I really dislike; many people I know love it though, so I keep giving it try after try. Like others have said around here: it doesn't develop, it stays the same throughout. Depending on taste, that could be a plus; to me it's a bit of a pity.
I think it's very strong, you can smell from afar if someone wears it, and weirdly, it always reminds me both of babies and of old ladies ...
I wouldn't say it's unsexy as such, that depends on what you like and what you assoicate with that smell, but for me, as you can infer from my associations, it doesn't do anything. Also, I like a little mystery, and I can't find that in Flower.

guest_Another guest
guest_Another guest

I've been a perfumista for years and usually open to different scents, but this one does nothing for me at all.
My best friend has been waring Kenzo Flower forever. We shared a flat for a couple of years and I always sneaked the bottle into her room when she left it in the bathroom because the scent disgusted me and I hoped she'd spray it on in her room. Obliviously, she always brought it back to the bathroom ;-), and I didn't have the heart to tell her ...
Anyway, my problem with this perfume is its lack of development. It doesn't have distinctive stages, it hits you full on and is extremely sweet. Actually it smells like a mixture of the baby powder I use on my baby and the violet-rose mix that ruled my grandma's perfumes. An odd, unsexy, unelegant scent.
For me, it's probably one of the least agreeable scents out there because it lacks subtlety and sexiness but is too strong to be ignored or to melt into the skin scent like many other sweet, girly, non-sexy perfumes do.

soulflwr
soulflwr

When I first smelled this perfume, it reminded me of a very urban/modern version of the sophisticated woman. I pictured a fashionable woman in all black - pencil skirt and heels, dark rimmed glasses and a messy bun - on her way to some kind of artsy job in the city. But that was just my take on it... It smells nice! I like it b/c it's a perfume , that doesn't exactly smell like "Perfume". Well done.

1/25/13
lol! My first review ont his site....
Anyway,
I no longer like this fragrance...it's annoying, and it smells like straight up johnson's and johnson's baby powder.

Halvah
Halvah

I love it, it's so feminine, subtle and gentle! There is a difference between edt and edp, I have the edp but tried the edt as well. Edt is fresher, modern and less powdery, edp is warm, sensual , still kind of fresh and very classy. Rose and powdery notes makes this scent kind of 'archetipical' perfume for me. It's powder-like style makes you feel fresh and clean all day, the rose and violet make it ultrafemine, really. There are moments when it reminds me on Bvlgari's Feminine or Rose Essentielle which are both love or hate just like Flower by Keno edp. Simply beautiful!

Morphine
Morphine

This one is very suit foe everyday.I wear it today and love its a lot,feminine,worm,sexy but innocent.
On my skin,I think a baby powder.

joyce2801
joyce2801

I guess this has to be the best fragrance I have ever worn. If it compliments you, it's wonderful. I can't even smell it when I wear it (guess that means it's the right one for me) but I have had men follow me and ask me what kind of perfume I am wearing - because they want to get some for their wives/girlfriends. They say you know if it's made just for you if you can't smell it when you wear it. This is all I have worn for the past 5 years or so. I absolutely LOVE IT! It's the BEST!!!

senna
senna

Its powdery, heavy, smells like insecticide! It doesnt smell flowery or japanese. Its just creamy and awful
Im very dissapointed
Oh, and unfortunately is very long lasting

MoietToi
MoietToi

I had a friend who used to wear this one. All I have to say is that I loathe and despise this perfume! I mean Kenzo Summer was really lovley and Madagascar was alright untill the dry down came. But this is the worst smell ever. It dosen't even smell like flowers it smells like cheap and synthetich washing up liquid.
It may not work on my skin but it did not smell great on my friend either.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I think Kenzo and I are just not destined to be friends. The only Kenzo that worked on me even a little bit was "Vintage Edition" in the purple peace-sign bottle. My experience with other Kenzo scents ranges from unremarkable (Amour and Indian Holi) to downright stinky (Jungle L'Elephant.) I'm going to have to add Flower to that category now, too.

I hereby dub the entire line as unsuitable for blind purchases by me.

I have given Flower several tries now. It just smells ODD on me. No other way to describe it. It's slightly sour, slightly metallic, and very synthetic or "chemical" smelling. I don't pick up the violets or hawthorne or even the vanilla. It's not the least bit sweet on my skin. I enjoy modern, unusual fragrances, and Flower certainly falls into that category, but I can't say it's a pleasant scent on me.

rednose
rednose

This perfume was bad enough to deter me from even testing any other Kenzo perfume. I was attracted to the shape, so gave it a sniff at the shop. It was the first Kenzo I tried. I wish I hadn't. Now, everytime someone says Kenzo I remember the bitter smell of it.Next time I go perfume shopping, I will muster up the courage to sample some of their other fragrances. Wish me luck.

Metherlence
Metherlence

Floral but not oriental. Not so heavy. Base notes a surprise indeed as they are very different from the top notes.

brightelena
brightelena

This fragrance smells bad. It is strong right off, and even after some time, still smells bad. It is too sweet, too flowery , and smells like something old people wear. I hate it.

falovalo
falovalo

Baby powder!!! That's exactly what this smells like. Not bad, it actually smells very nice, but if I wanted to smell like baby powder I would buy baby powder.

arladanielle
arladanielle

A friend gave this to me as a gift.But when i opened it and smelled it i thought what a disaster it was! I dared not use it for about 6 months and when i tried it on my skin yesterday..Wow! It settled like an old yet very dainty silk scarf. I got compliments all day!
The rosy powdery drydown was very elegant and sweet. And the scent lasted for a good 12 hours. Guess it matched my chemistry. Love it!!

Sopranooo
Sopranooo

Well ..!! I love Kenzo the designer. I love his touch but actually I couldn't find it in his perfume...
It is very plane reflects no character at all. When I spray it I just feel that I smell a bouquet of roses from a distance but a smell of alcohol even separate me from getting the essence.

I just didn't like it. But generally it could be used as a refreshing product after bath in summer no more no less

When you first smell Flower by Kenzo you will most likely recognize the scent as something that you're familiar with because you have at least known one person that wears this fragrance.

This perfume is quite distinctive. It's not an overly unique or ground-breaking scent, rather it is a safe clean-smelling, powdery floral.

I'll be honest and say that I hated this fragrance when I first sprayed it. It was strong, bitter and not at all flowery and sweet like I'd imagined it to be.

It took some time for those top notes to disappear, but when they eventually did, I came to like this scent a little better. The violets are surprisingly the strongest and most dominant note throughout this composition, however they are powdery and slightly synthetic.

Overall, I don't mind the freshness and subtlety that Flower by Kenzo creates, but I'm really not crazy about this scent. To me it's just a common soapy/clean fragrance that hasn't pushed too many boundaries.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

Kenzo Flower is a great, innocent scent that reminds me of a child trying to suppress a giggle. It is powdery, melon-y, and sweet, and it seems to be playing hide-and-seek throughout the day, disappearing altogether for awhile, then returning unexpected, with offerings of notes it hadn't presented before running away, just moments ago.

The first time I tried Flower, I thought it smelled a bit too much like baby powder and at first, it truly does. But give it ten or fifteen minutes, and it is no longer the shy wallflower it appeared, but rather a vibrant, fruity, sweet personality, full of cheer and romance.

I definitely wouldn't wear it for special occasions and though I think it would work well in an office, I think its place is a casual one reserved for weekend cotton clothes and relaxing, laid-back evenings. If I purchase a bottle after using up my sample, I'll most likely use it infrequently, but use a lot at once, as it's very light and needs a good dose to work its charms. It's cozy and makes me think of my early childhood.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

this perfume smells nice.
it is very powdery and light but nothing special.
i do think its lovely but i tend to spray it around the room and bed sheets to make everything smell fresh! I think it is too light and simple for me to wear out. I find it somewhat boring. x

guest_ana
guest_ana

Incredibly lovely bottle, terible parfume. I can only smell old lipstick, not only on my skin, but on others to:(

Spring25
Spring25

I love poppies, so I couldn't resist trying this. My first impression was that this 'red' scent could well be worn by women of all ages pretty much for any occasion. Although it is sweet, it's not cloying. Rose and violet are two of my favorite scents in perfumes, and they are obvious in the heart of this fragrance. The vanilla and musk and opoponax in combination provide a lightly powdered, slightly sweet, almost woody drydown to this gorgeous, happy fragrance. It's like a having a tea party in the middle of a partly-wooded flower garden.

riri
riri

The scent is so flat and for me too sweet!
So boring and I just don't understand why so many people loves it? I have 2 perfumes from Kenzo and both are just dull, naive and too girly. Too bad that almost every people I know adores this perfume so much and my nose is getting more sensitive to it. It's like they're under oath or something and wearing this perfume at the same day sometimes.

Russian
Russian

Unfortunately,I have to agree with the comment bellow.Though I never liked most part of the super-popular fragrances,I have understood many of them.But not this one!I liked the bottle so much and I expected something oriental-fresh,delicate and refined, but the only thing I got was a cheap-artificial rose smell that was too sweet for me.
I think that if you hate very sweet perfumes (like me), you'll probably hate it.I have a lot of friends who wear it and I recognize this fragrance by smell.I can't stand it,especially when it's applied to much.
Not my type,for sure...

Hate this. Period.
I can't even understand why it is so popular and why it is considered a delicate scent. For me it's a bomb of fake powdered plastic flowers, nauseating, cloying, it pervades the air around the wearer and kill others.
It gives total headache and make me give up eating. There is no evolution, no gentleness, no refinement. Actually it's quite gross. It seems to be made for girls with apparently innocent outfit, but very poisonous instead. Just like a girl I used to know. I smell something like burnt plastic and petrol. It's tenacious.

megannsmom
megannsmom

Nicely sweet, but I can see how it would be too sweet for some people. I get a lot of Jasmine in this, wrapped in a baby-powder, vanilla and gentle spice hug. The jasmine mixed with the rose does seem to give the impression of carnation, I can see where people are getting that. All in all, I really like it, but think it would be better for cool spring than hot summer, as it may get too cloying when it heats up.

Malibu
Malibu

I have just been given a bottle as a gift.

It's not wildly original, but I like the powdery scent & the hint of sweetness.

I'll continue to use it, but I doubt I'd buy it again for myself.

I just didn't like this- there were some notes in it that I found kind of appealing (a nice spiciness- kind of reminded me of carnations) but to me, there was something about the blend that seemed overwhelming and nauseating and I couldn't wait to wash it off.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

it seems that kenzo perfumes have this "love it or hate it" thing. in my case, i hate them all. at least on my skin. but recently i have tried flower because i wanted to buy it for my sister and i didn't remember how it smelled. it smelled quite flowery, a little sweet but very original and long lasting (like all kenzo perfumes)... surprisingly, i liked it and i'm willing to try it again just to make sure it is the same thing. if it is, i will be buying it and using it from my sister.

krishka
krishka

I sniffed once the cap of the Flower bottle and didn't even liked it to test on my skin,the least was not impressed at all, but recently killing some time at the airport sprayed on my wrist.
After the dry down i was enwraped in cloud of mysterious and exotic scent, warm but yet subtle..so i bought a botlle...Now i love it!

Amanda79
Amanda79

Once I bought this, got it home and opened the box my first surprise was the bottle! I'd never seen the 3.4 oz bottle because the store I go to uses the 1 oz tester. Let me just say, this is the most beautiful and TALL bottle I've ever seen! I love it!

And finally today I'm wearing the fragrance for the 1st time. I've wanted to try this for years but never could find it for sale in my town until now and boy let me just say I've been missing out! I can't say enough good things in this review to describe how much I adore this fragrance. I knew I would love Kenzo Flower but its even better than I expected. If there is a love/hate relationship with this perfume my feelings are definitely LOVE!

The violets are powdery at first but after wearing it for just a few minutes it mixes with my chemistry and turns to a sweetness I just can't get enough of! On me its sweet like candy, powdery fresh violets, lots of that wonderful Kenzo vanilla and a slight warm incense. I keep getting a cloud of aroma around me that is heavenly. The silage and lasting power is magnificent! Definitely in my top 5!

Update: I was curious what note gave the incense smell. I found out that opoponax is also known as "sweet myrrh" which would explain the sweet incense aroma that lingers on my skin for hours! Its described as smelling "sweet, balsam-like and lavender-like".

Mirandapanda
Mirandapanda

I'm really surprised how several people have described this as overwhelming and long-lasting, because to me it is very light and delicate, and disappears off my skin after a couple of hours! I know what they mean about the baby-powder bit, but I quite like that. It smells just how I would expect red poppies to smell if they had a scent. I would wear this when I didn't want to make too much of a statement with my perfume, such as visiting someone in hospital.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

At first it smelt of flowery waters and berries (or peppers) but then it changed quickly to smelling of baby oil. I liked it, it wasn't very sexy however, and I don't know if I would want to pay so much just to smell of baby oil. This fragrance was my friends birthday present and she hadn't worn it once because the fragrance was such a turn off to people around her.

One other thing: it seems like a good scent for women of all ages, maybe wear it at a lunch with family. Or to church... although it is kind of musky for church (not light at all, and very long lasting).

azuriiita
azuriiita

I was expected something different... less common and heavy... more ethereal and delicate. Maybe something "minimalist"
In change, its like a black currant incense with a mixture of powdery - and synthetic- flowers scent.
Its nice... easy to be recognized... but nothing special for me. For my nose its synthetic.

Es como una bella flor que te atrae desde lejos, pero una vez cerca, descubres una flor de tela -no diría que de plástico-,perfumada con esencia floral... pero al fin y al cabo no es una flor real. Algo bonito, pero artificial... como una risa fingida, la belleza retocada con photoshop...
Para mí, no lo compraría, lo mismo que no adornaría mi casa con flores plásticas

Mals86
Mals86

Flower is very nicely done - and aptly named. It doesn't focus on any particular flower, although I can identify the violet and the rose. It's a bit powdery, but lacks the mustiness that many powdery scents turn to on my skin. Quite pleasant, and I would think very suitable for an office environment (if sprayed lightly - it does have moderate sillage).

Bottle is cute. I never purchase for the bottle, though.

I already have office scents in my wardrobe, and I don't really need another one as quiet and background as this one. If I didn't already own Daisy (same perfumer and it shows), Ivoire, and Tommy Girl, though, I'd probably buy this. It's pleasant and unmemorable.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I liked the bottle of this fragrance very much all the time, so today I finally tried it on my wrist. The bottle in my opinion is very gorgeous, clear and exciting and fragile and... I like it so much, I would keep it in my room for everyone who misfortunes to enter my room to see it. :D
About the scent. At first- very creamy flowers. Hmm, not my thing, I thought. But as it was on my hand for a while I started to like it. Now, after some hours the creamy notes (must be hawthorn with berries?)gone and left me with scent that reminded me... poppy flowers! Same thing on the bottle. I don't think there is included this flower oil, but it's so gorgeous! I don't smell rose much, more violet and the thing that gives poppy impression. I agree that this fragrance reminds me of babies.. my cousin smelled like that when she was small. Staying power is very good - 7+ hours.

Migotka
Migotka

Vanilla-musky-rose. This is how it presents itself on me.
I have fallen in love with it at once. I know a lot of people do not like it, but I dont smell artificial notes here. As most Kenzo fragrances it is unique, quite difficult, not stereotypically flowery. Vanilla makes a lot of perfume sweet, this is not the case.
The ther reason I love it is that it is so long lasting, one application a day is just enough to get it around myself the whole day.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I wanted this perfume, and I was really looking forward to trying it. It sounds unique and so many reviews were singing praises about it. Unfortunately on me the flowery notes did not present themselves and I ended up with a baby powder/diaper smell. I like the smell of baby diapers with a baby its so fresh and clean but its not really appropriate for an adult. I am so disappointed I wish it would've worked out for me. :-(

ramiske
ramiske

I have admit I bought this because of the cool bottle, and all the glowing reviews. But I am so disappointed! I love florals, but this just smells like Grandma's body powder to me. Maybe it smells better on someone else, but I doubt I'll ever wear it--just too powdery.
However, if you like it--it really has staying power!

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A powdery-floral fragrance with contemporary poetic power. Because the poppy has no scent, Kenzo has created its fragrance. A hint of rose, vanilla and violet for a perfect sensory harmony.
Flower is a contemporary fragrance for the modern, city woman who looks to nature for inspiration and renewal. Flower by kenzo. A flower in the city. Wild hawthorne, bulgarian rose, parma violet, cassia, hedione, cyclosal, opoponax, white musk, vanilla.

Wildeparker
Wildeparker

I think this is a wonderful perfume for a teenager or young woman. It's so pretty and innocent but still has a sense of individuality to it. Since it's so light and powdery I was once tempted to over-apply it - bad idea!:-D Too much and it starts to smell synthetic so one must respect its delicateness.

Emeraude
Emeraude

I like this fragrance a lot from the first time I smelled it.Is very flowery and long lasting,and best of all ...it is the same fragrance all day...it dont changes like others do.

Cherub573
Cherub573

Ambery, powdery, oriental. Slightly sweet. This reminds me of an evening perfume, and something for cooler weather. Also, it smells ALOT like the Frederick's of Hollywood signature fragrance, which I used to own.

t03y03l
t03y03l

It don't like this fragrance...nor on myself but on others too. It's just too much vanilla after a while...the first notes is also too flowery for me.....but that's just me......

Kasku
Kasku

I am totally crazy about this fragrance. It's very conforting and warm. It does remind me of a baby powder but in a good way. It has a creamy melody that carries through out the whole day. It last a long time and when it dries it still smells the same. I like fragrances that don't change much during the day.

When I smell it I feel like wearing a nice, white, crisp shirt with a good jeans and sexy heels. So to sum up FLOWERbyKENZO I can say that it's serious, casual and sexy at the same time.

the rich scents of flowers is all this perfume is about.floral fans might like it,but I'm not one of those,although I like kenzo perfumes very much(specially those which are designed for men) but I'm not the fan of this one and I think it's not girlish,nor original.I can buy a chip perfume that smells exactly like this and about fifi award,I don't know,maybe it's just personal differences.

Gina
Gina

My second perfume. Its soft, tender and pretty. I find it smells dry if you know what I mean; I think because it reminds me of flowery talcum powder which is not bad thing as it means it lasts long.Delightful scent that lifts your spirits and is suitable for casual and formal occasions.Love the bottle. I kept it and its still sitting on my shelf!

LauraM
LauraM

very unique scent, was the first perfume I ever bought back in 2001. Still love it, but don't use it as frequently (only when I feel nostalgic)

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

I so wanted to love this perfume, because of its presentation; the bottle is elegant and simple and the whole look is modern, clean and soft...I'm a sucker for the whole experience of perfume from box to base, I want the magic. This had everything until I tried it. When I shut out the beautiful imagery all I could smell were parma violets, a scent that always sets my teeth on edge. I haven't yet found a violet perfume that doesn't have a weird chemical buzz, though with Kenzo flower, the nasty buzz is at least delayed - on my skin by about 10 minutes. Not for me.

Ju
Ju

At first, it smelled like the stick of the candy ''fun dip'' that I used to eat when I was young. Then after, I noticed some similarities with Oscar de la Renta. Finally, it's not for me.

Candra
Candra

This is the only perfume I always come back to. I bought this perfume five times since its release and I never get tired of it. I have a lot of perfumes but my collection is not complete without this one. It's smells like baby powder but at the same time it smells very feminine. Lasting power is great. I llove the edp version more than the pure perfume. The pure perfume lacks 'the baby powder smell'.

MissLauraQ@hotmail.com
MissLauraQ@hotmail.com

It's not really my kind of scent - but it's one of the better oriental florals I've smelled. It's much softer then I expected. It's very powdery. So much so, my 7 year old said "What smells like a diaper?"

It's very Japanese.

Helene
Helene

Light, interesting, smells like some Japanese flowers, very elegant and tender

leomat2008
leomat2008

As a man I used to hate floral fragrances on me, but this one is different. I bought one coz its so natural, like a real flower. It don´t disturbs your olfact. Its soft, clear and confortable. Flower by kenzo reminds me sometimes roses, sometimes a frozen rose but sometimes a totaly new flower, so unique but still natural and pleasant. I use it to sleep or to stay in house in weekends. I have the EDP in Ryoko flask and its beautiful! I love Kenzo fragrances, the first one for me is Air.

guest_Aurora
guest_Aurora

this is one of the most beautiful perfumes in my opinion. on me it smells powdery vanilla with a hint of flowers. just wonderful <3

solocha
solocha

For some time I have been putting away trying out this perfume - I did not like other Kenzo scents. I was pleasantly surprised today when I sniffed it, and found out I either had smelled it long time ago somewhere in perfume shop or on someone, or it must remind me of something from my early youth or childhood, probably my toys. In any case I admire its nostalgic recreation of atmosphere - it is ethereal and delicate indeed. The bottle is very accurate, I can imagine a fragile flower picked by a child when playing, or a simple fragrant posy or bouquet. I can also evoke a teacher in 'dressed' in this scent, in a crispy autumnal but not yet cold September days. My teacher probably did not wear it, but I can imagine all first year teachers smiling and fragrant on first day of September as it is such a warm, affectionate and gentle creation.

Cymbeline
Cymbeline

Very soft and a bit ethereal, like a sole frail flower dancing in the wind.
A bit too discreet and powdery floral sometimes for me, but a real hit for office wearing !

dina
dina

It is indeed a very floral fragrance especially with the violet notes. On me it smells almost exactly like YSL Paris.
The EdP is very long lasting.
Just hoped it would be more powdery.

Silvery
Silvery

I got this from my best friend several years ago. Unfortunately I was too young to appreciate its very unique scent, so I gave it away later :( Definitely not for teenagers... Anyway, I'm going to try this perfume!

knics33
knics33

When I first smelt this, I didn't like it AT ALL. It was just way too powdery for me. I recently visited Sephora and have completely changed my mind. This is clean and fresh- very wearable.

AprilSea
AprilSea

It is a powdery perfume, bitter-fresh, wonderful. I'm at the third bottle, and it is said it's very 'me'.
I do not find it flowery. It's not strong, rather soft and fragile, like .. well, the poppy itself.

Oh, an advice: on my skin goes perfect on cold weather. I start wearing it with the first cold rains of autumn, and keep on wearing it till first warm spring days. In summer it smells salty, watery, doesn't stay at all. In winter is... perfect. My signature perfume!

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

First of all, I tried Kenzo's Flower EDP expecting to hate it. As, the last 2 Kenzo perfumes I hated with a passion. Violets, vanilla and a very delicate rose. This has to be the most realistic violet note; hence the powdery feel of Flower. I have to say this is one of the only violet perfumes that doesn't turn dusty smelling on my skin. Also, the rose note in Flower EDP is so well done. It's not a synthetic, heavy, overtly perfumey rose like most others I've tried. It's really a delicate and light rose undertone. On my skin this smells cool, modern and just beautiful. Flower is very long lasting too, with wonderful sillage. The bottle which everyone seems to like is my only gripe with Flower. The bottle is cheap looking in my opinion.

Keep this in the refrigerator for a wonderful refresh on a warm sunny day. I love to spritz on after I get inside from planting flowers on hot days.

Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo 3.17 out of 5 based on 3189 ratings and 434 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.12oz
Eau De Parfum
59.00
Flower by Kenzo Eau de Parfum Spray, 1 fl oz
Flower by Kenzo Eau de Parfum Spray, 1 fl oz
Kenzo Flower Perfume by Kenzo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Refillable for Women
Kenzo Flower Perfume by Kenzo, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo Gift Set
Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo Gift Set
Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Flower by Kenzo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Flower by Kenzo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.