Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Flower by Kenzo Essentielle Kenzo for women

Flower by Kenzo Essentielle Kenzo for women
dislike

smoky

Kenzo presented Flower by Kenzo Essentielle, successor of Flower by Kenzo from 2000 which features enhanced floral essences which make it more emotional and contemporary...

Flower By Kenzo Essentielle is composed of Damascus rose absolute and jasmine absolute, with pleasant support of vanilla absolute, top quality incense and three sorts of musk. Flacon of this perfume is shaped as its antecedents, with long body, which accentuates its grace and elegance. Available since July 2009.

Rose Jasmine Musk Vanilla Incense Hawthorn Black Pepper Pink Pepper

Flower by Kenzo
Essentiel
Cologne Pour Le Soir

Flower by Kenzo Essentielle Fragrance Reviews

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

When I'm wearing this perfume, I feel like I'm in a world drawn on a white sheet of paper with thick black ink. It's a tricolour world where everything, every last thing is either white, pink like a rose, or sky blue. Clean and calm and quiet, very comfortable. I'm especially happy to wear Essentielle when I'm uneasy or feeling awkward in a situation as it provides to the piece I need in those times.

It's a very clean scent, soapy even. Rose, jasmine, hawthorn, and vanilla dominate mostly on my skin. The incense is very soft like a breeze or gentle wind, and very well blended with the vanilla. I can hardly detect the peppers at all; I don't mind it actually, as I guess it would give a sharper edge to the perfume that would ruin the dreamy image I've got wearing it. A real comfort perfume if you're into floral ones.

Shwets
Shwets

Tried this yesterday and i thought this is very similar to Al Rehabs Rose perfume oil!

This flower essentielle version is smoother and sweeter than the original. Also very long lasting - i prefer this one.

Adiro
Adiro

I tried this long ago but never got around to own it. I remember thinking that the dryDown was similar to Cristobal. Now I got an impulse to just buy it, and no regrets here! It is a classic 3 stage perfume, with a wonderful Rose Jasmin and a bit peppery top note, followed by a short lasting middle that is powdery and pleasant, and with a wonderful long lasting sweet powdery and a bit incensy vanilla dryDown. Really such a pleasant trip, it never ceases being super feminine, elegant yet cozy at the same time! Great lasting power too, with moderate to strong sillage. Love it!

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This smells very similar to the regular "Flower", but with more pronunced rose.
And it`s a nice rose, not an "air freshener" type of rose. It`s not a "floral" scent at all though!

Warm, cozy, easy to love. The bottle looks very cute too.

Thank you for the sample Denise! :-)

tigsi
tigsi

I liked this perfume a lot while I had it. It starts with this oily, pencil like note, quickly developing into peppery goodness. It's similar to the original Flower, but so different at the same time. The pepper gives the scent the playfulness, and sharpness. The incense it's so briliant here, just the right amount to make it smokey and misterious, something so very femme-fatale like. I love the development of this perfume, starting with oily woodiness, "cooking" into earthy jasmine with hint of incense and blast of pepper. This does not smell soapy on me, it's quite balmy, which I do not understand looking into the notes. I'd say try before you buy.
I do not detect vanilla, I think it just blends into the other ingredients and makes them darker and richer, without adding sweetness. Kenzo knows how to deal with vanilla, so I think what they did here is excelent. Great projection, great development, overall I'd say it's absolutely 100% oriental perfume, on me at least.
Bravo Kenzo, you did fantastic with Essentielle!

ivyheel
ivyheel

This smells quite similar to the original Flower but with an extra zesty kick in the opening and a bit less powder in the drydown. It is sweet but in no way smells like something edible. Flower Essentielle is sophisticated and comforting, and if the original flower didn't quite do it for you, try this one. Also, the bottle is gorgeous and surprisingly tall. My 0.84oz bottle stands at 10 inches or so and towers above the rest of my collection! Doesn't hide in the crowd, that's for sure.

Gabba
Gabba

I really do regret that I sold this scent 3-4 years ago - it was too sweet and vanilla for me. It's one of the scents you had to be grown up for wearing them. Now it's different, I fell incense and rose mostly <3 and I know that it'll be my signature for a/w 2013.

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

Very good scent. Much better than original Flower, less powdery. The pepper and incense notes sooths the fragrance and turns it into a much more interesting perfume. Very good sillage, pretty good longevity, it's a uplifting perfume, makes me feel comfortable, calm and comfy at the same time. Too good to my coworkers when I wear this, I get a much better person to work with!
Jasmine shows up in a non-indolic smooth way. The rose in this frag is not the overwhelming rose of Agent Provocateur (and I do love Agent Provcateur) nor the superfresh rose of Eau de Quatre Reines by L'Occitane. It's a soft but intensive rose. I feel like the rose on this is the one Very Irresistible was aiming to, but got somewhere else instead - they reached a lovely rose, but not a irresistible one.
Nice powdery clean musk, not too powdery, and a good use of hawthorn, too.
As usual, the Kenzo Vanilla Signature (I like it very very much) wanders throughout.

Almost as lovely spiced as Kenzo Flower Le Parfum. If you couldn't reach Le Parfum, try this one. It's indeed a different smell, but them both share some character.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This is absolutely one of the most gorgeous perfumes I have ever smelled! Thanks again Anna for the sample!
You've got wonderful taste in fragrances! :)
This is a gorgeous floral fragrance on me.
It's not too much about Incense & Vanilla on me as it is about Rose & Jasmine.
A lovely, beautiful bouquet of these flowers, more powdery than it is smoky and just a soft hint of Vanilla which adds a very delicate sweetness to the composition. Or it is the hawthorn... I just read the odor profile for this note and this could be definitely the sweetness!
Very elegant! I love it!!
Longevity & sillage are excellent!!
♥♥♥♥♥

happyorange2009
happyorange2009

It was my favorite perfume for a really long time. Before it went out, it was also my mother's favorite. When I first smelled it, it felt like soap. After try it for servel times, I really loved it. It was rosey, soft clean. The bottle was interesting, just like a flower~

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

This is a very nice perfume and reminds me a lot of CK Eternity plus the rose note. I was very happy to include same in my perfume collection. Sillage and longevity are very good and it is perfect for Spring season. As I tried after some time I found out that the incense note is very well blended with the flower and gives to the perfume a deep but yet gothic style. I like it a lot.

lolllee2nd
lolllee2nd

I like the initial peppery florsl scent but that quickly turns to powdery vanilla, powdery vanilla and that is all. Not special or unique. Not worth the price in my opinion. I have ownded and loved three other Kenzo perfumes, including Kenzo Flower. This new Kenzo Flower Essentiell is nothing next to the original Flower.

gabygol
gabygol

Love jasmine!! Is my "signature" note and never fails me. Although, is a very dangerous ingredient that mixed with something stronger can be really a tragedy. Pepper has this effect in Kenzo, it has happened to me that people asks me if I don't get dizzy with it because they do! Others have told me it's beautiful and they love it. It's strong and I recommend to put it once and never retouch. Is for any occasion and suits every season of the year.

noshnosh
noshnosh

the very first thought that will pop in when you smell it is "agh what an annoying flowery smell" but i have to say the base note of this perfume is so warm and nice so my advice is to wear it before going out with at least 1 hour so you get the satisfying result that you search for . it was a gift so i have no idea if its too expensive or not and never searched for it online

On my skin this one starts very dark and with a great punch of insence. Middlenote gives a licoriseheavy note blended with dark rose and pepper. I usually loves pepper, but I don't like licorise. This one is not for me. Looking at notes in this scent, maybe its the Hawthorn that makes me think of heavy, dark licorise. Hawthorn smells very heavy if you crush the berries, and Hawthorn is a smell I really dont like.

After 3 hours when Hawthorn finally dissapeared the basenote is gorgeous, soft incense, rose and musk. Very classy and elegant mix.

På min hud startar denna väldigt mörk och med en rejäl dos rökelse. Hjärtnoten ger en kraftig lakrits not blandad med djup, mörk ros och peppar. Jag älskar peppar i mina dofter, men jag tycker inte om lakrits. Denna är inte för mig. Dock en doft för karriärskvinnan i mitt tycke. När jag tittar på doftnoterna så ser jag Havtorn, kanske är det den som gör att jag känner lakrits. Havtorn har en tung och kraftig doft när man mosar bären och Havtorn är en doft jag verkligen inte gillar.

Efter 3 timmar när äntligen Havtorn-noten försvann så blev basnoten helt underbar. Mjuk rökelse, ros och musk i en elegant och klassisk mix.

Tsz
Tsz

I don't like rose at all but this one is very unique, powdery and vanilla floral fragrance. It smells very comforting on me. Its so nice and I love it .

maltatude
maltatude

I get aldehydes within the floral notes, similar to Chanel No 5's soapy aldehydic notes. Then the obvious Jasmine and Rose notes. I prefer this to the original, personally. But that is just me. It's incredibly similar but I just like it more.

Edit: I have TOTALLY changed my stance on this one and own a bottle of it. It is gorgeous. Still, they are quite similar to one another - I think both are great, both come down to preferences...

Sutori
Sutori

I luv this but it's not for everyone. It smells like baby powder and bananas. But I love it!

hotaru
hotaru

This is unexpected perfume for me.
I got it as gift, and i didn't really notice the 'Essentielle' word because my eyes set to Kenzo Flower: the notorious floral perfume.My first encounter with Kenzo FLower was years ago, and it was dreadful. It was horrible, overwhelming flower bouquet that turned my intestines upside down. Having read 'essentielle', i don't hope that much either. Not a fan of floral perfume,never was.But i take my chance and give it a whiff.

First impression : it is rose. a very delicate rose, light and intriguing because there is this comforting & powdery scent. but then again, there's incense [oh good lord i hate this ingredient]but on this one, it smells heavenly.I love the dry down part. It lingers for quite some time with this subtle neutral and jasmine-ish scent. It is absolutely beautiful.
About the incense, it is deep but curiously 'buried' under the rose-jasmine duet, a bit soapy like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, but Kenzo Flower Essentielle is more subtle, not as glamorous as Coco Mademoiselle, but still, a very beautiful fragrance.
i love it so much!

shreyashi
shreyashi

So unique that you cannot possibly mistake it for something else. However, its very powdery, so if you are not in to it, the dry-down will disappoint you sorely.

sygrid29
sygrid29

wearing this perfume makes me feel my day more optimistic... good for everyday use...

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

i agree that kenzo flower was not so good but this essentiele is brilliant , but u have to wear it in small volume and it mellows with ur skin beautifully, and it lasts for ages on skin.

chirobi
chirobi

I put this one on this morning and I felt inspired to write a blurb about it. This will be my first! I just started getting into perfume a couple of years ago and this was one of the first I bought myself. Since then, I've been honing my nose, and have changed my mind about several perfume that used to like, but not this one. I still stand by Flower Essentielle because it appeals very directly to my need to feel soft and feminine, and earthy and grounded. There's nothing very challenging or hard to understand about this scent, and I like that sometimes. It also helps that I love rose, jasmine, musk and vanilla, which if one does not, she will have a very difficult time enjoying this scent.

This is more of a cool weather perfume. It can be quite cloying in the heat. While I love this perfume, I cannot tolerate the overpowering powderiness of Kenzo Flower. So there's no need to write off this little gem if you didn't like the original.

Raquel73
Raquel73

Is very light and comun fragance,not for me.

hanazq
hanazq

very mystery eastern smell, my favourite (pour femme)

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I was very nervous about spraying my little sample, as I really disliked the original Kenzo Flower with a passion, plus vanilla and jasmine are not notes I would normally be happy to wear, but I was pleasantly surprised by the lightness and pretty floral scent here. I could easily wear this and not feel sick. It makes me a little more happily predisposed to trying a few more Kenzos. I adore his Fleurs Prunier though.

karyen_chen
karyen_chen

A very unique smell and very soft. Love this fragrance alot. !! =)

newaddict
newaddict

Comprei este perfume sem conhecê-lo e foi uma decepção. Primeiro é muito gostoso e suave. Depois fica muito ruim, só cheiro de incenso e nada de flores. Por fim surge o cheiro de jasmim, mas então o cheiro acaba, pois a fixação dele é péssima.
Gostaria que alguém me informasse como faço para adicionar os perfumes que possuo, amo, gosto, etc, no meu profile do site fragrantica. Só consigo incluir o perfume de assinatura e os preferidos.

LaPetite
LaPetite

It's so floral , hot , generous, cheerful <3
I don't know in what extend it's connected with the 2000 "Flower by Kenzo" because i have never smelled it , or if i did , i don't remember it.

9154mf
9154mf

the rose is so strong and floral I just can't handle it.

samsara1977
samsara1977

I never was attracted tho the 'Flower' perfumes. I received a sample of Essentielle (the only way to be sure if you really like a smell) and tested it. It's a real flowery scent, I can smell the incense immediately, normally you'd have to wait until drydown to smell this.

On the other hand, the rose and jamsine stay present to, which is a good thing. Lots of other perfumes do differ from the opening scent after a while.
Not this one.

But I do think I know now why I'm not very fund of Flower, there's just too much vanilla. I like it on someone else but for myself, I don't want to be surrounded by this bakery smell.

Must have for vanilla lovers!

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

I love this fragrance. The weird part is that it's drydown reminds me a little the drydown of Infusion d'Iris on me - probably this is the incense that makes it's appearance. Very nicely blended and feminine... I was gifted a 25 ml bottle and I can already see that it's not going to last long :)

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I think it smells like a mix of Flower by Kenzo and Kenzo Amour. It smells good and fresh,but nothing i would wear longer than a few minutes.

AL PRINCIPIO ESTE PERFUME HUELE A CREMA PARA LAS MANOS O EL CUERPO PERO LUEGO DE UNOS 15 MINUTOS, HUELE FANTASTICO, MUY FEMENINO, SUTIL, ATEMPORAL (TODAS LAS ESTACIONES DEL AÑO),NO DEMASIADO DULCE. LO RECOMIENDO A UNA MUJER, SENSIBLE, JOVEN, DE CARACTER DULCE Y MUY FEMENINA.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

MUSKY ROSY FLORAL FRAGRANCE, An
eau de parfum essentielle, a creation
crafted with a new density… where
emblematic ingredients of FlowerbyKenzo
are magnified by components of
uncompromising quality.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Do not like this one which when I tried La Tigra by Kenzo, I love it! Two opposite poles of scent to my nose. I cannot sand this scent at all but do love Tigra!

swedeangel
swedeangel

The rose and insence and the vanilla and musk i clearly feel ,but not the jasmin . Its a lovely ,slightly oriental in a light way,flowery smell. The oriental light toutch and the vanilla with the classic flowers is an interesting combo! I like it ,its NOT ordinary

MoietToi
MoietToi

While I did not at all like Kenzo Flower I like Esentielle much more. The opening is rather powdery,abit wishy washy and slightly soapy. But then later the scent becomes much more sweet and floral and it allmost smells like jasmine and cucumber that has been rolled in vanilla sugar (don't ask me where the cucumber came from). The incence is not that prominent at all but it sits nicley in the background and lingers with the rest of the notes. The type of woman that I would imagene could be caught wearing this. Would be someone who was sweet and rather quirky not conventionaly beautiful but rather strange and intriguing. Because this scent is rather strange and at times sharp and no way near the conventional mold for what is considered a good perfume.

Jadetive
Jadetive

This is a light, warm, musky, powdery floral that smells really comforting. It is relatively strong and the lasting powder is decent (for a non-oriental perfume) It warms on the skin very nicely and is altogether a quiet, subdued scent. This perfume feels so luxurious, warm and expensive.

krishka
krishka

the opening is quite fresh with the rose...after a while turns flowery and then u can feel the incense...lacks the powderness of the original ..it is kinda of lighter...very crisp with a touch of exotics from the incense....quite interesting

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

The rose and jasmine are more prominent in this one. It lacks a bit of the powderyness of the original Flower and turns rather floral on the skin.

Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo 3.67 out of 5 based on 297 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.