Designers » I-K » Floral Fruity « Groups

Jeu d'Amour Kenzo for women

Jeu d'Amour Kenzo for women
dislike

tuberose
Jeu d'Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Jeu d'Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Jeu d'Amour Kenzo for women Pictures

The new fragrance from Kenzo collection Amor is named Jeu d'Amour and it represents edition for 2014. Daphne Bugey and Christophe Raynaud create the composition of notes of blood mandarin, pomegranate, tea, tuberose and freesia. The face of the perfume is French actress Louise Bourgoin.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Blood Mandarin Pomegranate Tea

Mini Liberty

Jeu d'Amour Fragrance Reviews

SheShe
SheShe

I often like what Daphne Bugey creates. This one likeable too even if created by two people.
The fragrance reminds me about Amarige by Givenchy, in its heart notes mostly. It's something like an updated and changed Amarige, more modern. The base notes are sweet, almost caramel-like though, and Givenchy has definitely much better sillage on me. In fact, the fragrance has a good sillage in the first half an hour and then it decreases and decreases, to stay almost undetectable in the end.
I'd expect more sillage, it's KENZO! Actually my favourite brand, I guess.
The fragrance would suit a young woman, a woman in her middle age and elderly one too, not a very young teenager. It's sexy!

Kai'elle
Kai'elle

Quite a strong and harsh opening but thankfully it quickly settles into a light and inoffensive scent. I am able to detect all the beautiful top notes before the warm tuberose makes its entrance and steals center stage.

Feminine, a little playful, but in no way a silage monster. This perfume sits quite close to the skin. I don't see this as a fruity floral but rather a spicy (oriental) floral. I think its the tea note that adds the spicy feel. Overall a lovely scent for everyday wear and definitely office safe.

Duskfall
Duskfall

Light and completely inoffensive tuberose. Longevity is moderate at best, stays very close to skin with occasional wafts. A safe choice for spring and summer if you're into tube. The sample I got is enough of Jeu d'Amour for me because it doesn't spark my interest at all.

MindyMe
MindyMe

When I first tried Kenzo - Jeu d'Amour after receiving a sample, I really couldn't decide if I liked it or not - It almost seemed a little annoying. But as I used up the sample it grew on me and I bought a 30ml flacon feeling I would miss it once it was gone. Now just like onimoka, I think I should have bought a larger one!
It is a smell I feel I "have" as well as "have not" smelled before. Familiar but unfamiliar at the same time.
As it has grown on me I find it is predominantly a soft, warm and beautiful powdery tuberose scent which makes me feel beautiful, loved and desired, not blatantly sexy, rather a quiet sexual confidence. My husband likes it a lot which enhances my feelings towards Jeu d'Amour. To me it feels like "I love you - let's play" more than "game of love" It is not a statement perfume. In my opinion it seems appropriate for both the office and an intimate evening out. I wouldn't wear it to a rock concert or club though.
I find the silage is good. If I leave my office I can smell the fragrance as I walk back in (we have an open door policy so the fragrance isn't trapped inside, it seems to be absorbed by the air around you). I think closetlikeboots' comment of it having a faint waft that follows you is spot on as I have noticed it in the passageway outside my office if I have only been away for a short while. Longevity is good, I can still smell it around me after getting home from work 12+ hours later.
I haven't got any experience with Avon's perfumes so I can't compare the bottle design, to me it seems an elegant understated bottle, just like the perfume inside.

lulu169
lulu169

there is a new Version of this - L´Elixir in a dark purple bottle - I got this and love it more than this and the EDT because of the warmth of Rum and Vanila base - perfect for cold winter! I´m gonna svae this for the spring and the EDT for summer

yesido
yesido

This is the only Kenzo perfume that I like so much due to the tuberose in it. However, somehow, the tuberose disappears after 1 to 2 hours. Perhaps it is just my skin chemistry.

thais.magrinha
thais.magrinha

All I sensed on my skin was very strong lily. ;(

Calinare
Calinare

Very very strong and lovely perfume. This beats Alien in terms of silage for me. But for some reason, the tuberose turns into gardenia on my skin lol. It's still lovely. I wish it had incense o:

olga_adriana
olga_adriana

The bottle is...not the nicest, it's true. The scent does strike me as quite powdery, but it is quite long lasting and good sillage ... not overpowering. i've gotten compliments. it's not the most original smell ever, but i give it a 7/10

i would say the middle notes here are the strongest.. i don't smell too much pomegranate on me!

EDIT: wearing it now in the colder weather, I find that it's not very long lasting and the sillage is poor. The heat definitely seems to bring out the best in this summer perfume.

closetlikeboots
closetlikeboots

I had received many compliments wearing this. The sillage and longevity is good, you can walk into a room and a faint waft will follow you ( I've been told) as opposed to loud smack in the face. Generally it doesn't last long though after 2 hrs you won't be able to smell it on yourself, though others will. You can smell the pomegranate on first spritz then dries down to a warm, soft, hint of wood and lastly a fresh soapy smell. Though for me, Olympea has topped this.

Kudzai
Kudzai

I received a sample from my mother its ok nothing to write home about . its not very long lasting

Alelhi Monterrubio
Alelhi Monterrubio

Esto me recordó a Samsara con pur Decir de Gardenia de Yves Rocher.

maybe it's me, but I think there is something wrong with the composition of tuberose, pomegranate and tea! Even though the result hardly has anything to do with fruity notes, it is too sharp to my nose, almost like an expensive soap, but nothing like you might be expecting from a gorgeous bottle like this.
people who admire tuberose,may like it as well. still, there are better tuberose perfumes out there.

A true spring/summer scent. Fresh flowers with a hint of halfsweet fruits. Musk, Tea and Sandalwood in base. The tea-note fades out the sweetnes from the fruit in a good way. Fresh, flirty and chic. timeless - a scent for both the teenager and the elegant woman. On my skin it lasts about 5 hour.

En sann vår/sommardoft. Fräscha blommor med en aning om halvsöta frukter. Musk, Te och Sandelträ i basen. Te-noten dämpar sötman på ett bra sätt. Fräsch, flirtig och chic. Tidlös - passar både tonåringen och den eleganta kvinnan. På min hud doftar den i ca 5 timmar.

onimoka
onimoka

Jeu d'Amour Kenzo is very feminine and light fragrance. The note i can hear the most is freesia. Lasting power is 4 hours on skin and app. 8 on cloth. I can feel very aromatic waves from time to time when i walk. Very good for the office, but its romantic and memorable as well. I have only bought 30 ml now thinking to buy a bigger bottle.
It does reminds me of Laura by Laura Biagiotti, only this one i like better.

peachtrees
peachtrees

I got this perfume because of the use of pomegranate and it did not disappoint! The scent is there from beginning to end in my nose. I love this perfume, it's my current fave!!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

An interesting fragrance, relying mostly on florals and musk to my nose. It opens with tuberose and musk, both coming on quite strong in the opening. Then the mandarin, pomegranate and freesia come in to lighten and brighten the scent. The tea note grounds it. The drydown is nice with a musky and powdery slightly sweet tuberose and fruity lasting scent with good sillage.

I do not understand why Kenzo linked this scent to its Amour line. There is no real similarity to my mind, except that they are both rather powdery in the drydown and a bit sweet. Jeu d'Amour is missing the lovely vanilla and rice notes that give the original Amour its distinctive scent.

cherlynnie
cherlynnie

Its a rather alluring smell to me! Im stuck between a wow and a not wow. Apparantly it doesnt smell good on me if i had not showered since morning and just spray it on my arm at night. Its got some kind of chemical plasticky scent mixed when smelled upclose. However after a nice shower and spraying this, the scent is so dreamy. The smell stays close to the skin, if the wind blew people around can totally smell it. And will wonder "wow what is this alluring smell?"

chinna

It's like Tresor EDT 2014, more powdery and more milky. What makes it more delicate. And seems to increase their age range.

Kenzo hasn't lost it's niche in this one. It has that typical Kenzo feeling to it. It's a little powdery, spicy and elegant white floral.
Warm, spicy and sexy.
Also, I must say that I asbolutely love the marketing, everything about it!
Definately one of the most interesting releases in 2014.

bbbonbon
bbbonbon

I wanted to try it since the notes sound really appealing, although to me this smells really syrupy actually the cough syrup sort. To be fair I only have tried it on a paper strip so it might get different on the skin. Anyway, I can understand why it is a popular fragrance I mean it is soft and uncommon I guess nothing that will put You off.

chinna

Georgeous.It smells much cleaner white flowers from the beginning. When dry seems to have a soft vanilla. And finally freesia gives a special, clean and modern feel, which is hardly found in perfumes of white flowers.

tinekesmellsamazing
tinekesmellsamazing

Reminiscent of one of J.Lo's perfumes at the opening and Pure DKNY at the base. Quite like it. Lasts well on my skin too. It's been on my wrist for about 6 hours and still going strong, which doesn't usually happen for me which is why I prefer spraying onto my clothes. It's nice and cosy, kind of like Pure by DKNY is cosy, if you know what I mean.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I've only tried it once. It's not terribly original and I could see why some would say it's synthetic. However, it has some presence and it is a very pleasant fragrance, very happy feel-good, but also feminine and flirty. The tuberose is the main note, but it is not heady, old-smelling tuberose, just a more soft white floral smell, made playful by the fruity notes (with the benefit of not being sticky or cloying). The sandalwood becomes more prominent in the drydown, but I think I prefer the opening.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Kenzo Jeu d'Amour opens with juicy pomegranate and a hint of mandarin. The pomegranate wears off into a vague fruity nuance after about 30 minutes, and the whole stage is left to the tuberose to shine.

The tuberose here has a slight buttery and milky texture. Along with a freshness lent from freesia, the tuberose feels relatively real, and doesn't get lost in a abstract fruity floral sweetness like some fragrances do. Granted, it smells mainstream, and far from being original or striking, but it's very nice and shows enough textures for me perceive it as a relatively true tuberose. The drydown after about 6 hours is a lily-vanilla base, with a slight suntan lotion vibe and a sort of powdered sugar mixed in, not uncommon to a few other fragrances in the same genre such as Lys Soleia and Baiser Volé Essence de Parfum, but it's just as lovely.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is around 10 hours. Jeu d'Amour is a bright, relatively authentic tuberose, with a sensuous white floral and vanilla drydown. If you're interested in a big tuberose, but at the same time not too difficult to wear, Jeu d'Amour could be a lovely option.

stefanel80
stefanel80

too much sinthetyc White flowers and after five minutes one cheap floral woody base.

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

I'm not a fan of any fragrances by kenzo but I LOVE this! My only dislike is that (on me) it doesn't last very long, other than that it's perfect. Honestly you need to try this

I like this Jeu d'Amour. When I saw the bottle I thought: ok, here is yet another flanker, can't designers make anything new?
Anyway I tried it and didn't regret.
It's a lively floral with a zesty fruity opening and a long drydown in the vanillic musky modern way.
Nothing new, good news.
The opening is zesty but sweet, maybe because of the blood mandarine. It has an uplifting vibe and it reminds me of a very old fruity way: the '80s fruity scents. It's a slight different take compared to the endless fake fruit basket with only the berries variation of the last years.
This put me in a good disposition for the rest. Not that this scent is the epithome of creativity and originality, but in the messy sea of mainstream it stands quite bright.
The heart is floral or at least synthetical floral. I don't get the tuberose at all. Not in the way of the classic somptuous, carnal, warm and thick tuberose scents. It seems to me that many new perfumes features tuberose or gardenia, then they smell nothing like them and they are probably replacers. Like for strawberries, sandalwood and other materials. I guess few people get to smell real tuberose in a garden (and many would run away especially from some species!) so here it is the "new" tuberose. A fresher fake. Not too bad, at least it is nicely blended.
Then comes the inevitable sweet musky base of our days, nice enough for about 2 hours, then it falls flat with that edge of bath products and bodysprays.
This is a scent I could wear very easily and feel pretty, feminine, young and into the crowd, but with some distinction.

Strange scent, strong oriental and vibrating. I really can't define why I don't like it. Tuberose? Maybe. I have a problem with many tuberose scents and only very few of them have stolen my heart.

Musky4
Musky4

I tried this yesterday and sprayed it on a card. Today, the scent's still very strong on the card, so I'd say it has quite good lasting power. This is a nice, but very 'safe' and mainstream fragrance. It's interesting to see that several other reviewers have mentioned a similarity between this and Avon perfumes, because as soon as I smelled it, the first thought that poppied into my head was 'this smells exactly like an Avon perfume' (although I couldn't say which one as it's been years since I tried any). So, not a unique fragrance by any means, but pleasant. I like it, but wouldn't buy it.

antonpan
antonpan

This smells like Avon's 2000's fragrance Today - a strong jasmine / tuberouse on a woody base. In case of Jeu d'Amour the joyful and sour fruity note has been added in the composition. However, the scent is heavy and too mature enough.

dienn
dienn

Damn, why is this limited edition??!!

Mcfluffy
Mcfluffy

Lovely light slightly sweet perfume. Ideal for day wear if you don't want anything too heavy. Sadly it doesn't last very long

auroramaria
auroramaria

Tried this today and I have to say it's rather lovely, lots of tuberose with a hint of sweetness from the pomegranate and tea doesn't last too long but while it does it's really nice

blueviolet
blueviolet

Just tuberose. Wich unfortunately turns my stomac despite the fact that I can see why it is popular. So hey...if you like tuberose give it a try!

Claire84
Claire84

I didn't think much of the bottle, as Endymion says it's very reminiscent of an Avon one!

The immediate thing that struck me after spraying it was how much it smelled like bubblegum!

It's a fun, young scent, and I think I might treat myself to a bottle. :D

malinkin
malinkin

I tried a lab sample. What can I say?
It is incredible! It creates floral and a bit powdery gauze around you (thanks to freesia), I can't describe it really fresh, but it isn't heavy at all.
It also has fruity and juicy notes which make this fragrance really inviting!
I wore it to a meeting with my friends, and everyone made compliments to this fragrance, I was really surprised to get so much good feedback(i never get this much)!

Endymion
Endymion

The notes are very nice, but the bottle look as cheap as an Avon bottle :S

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Jeu d'Amour fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Kenzo Jeu d'Amour, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jeu d'Amour by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jeu d'Amour by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.