Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Kashaya Kenzo for women

Kashaya Kenzo for women
dislike

Kashaya Kenzo for women Pictures

The name Kashaya means “eternal love” is Sanskrit. This is a fragrance for a woman who believes in absolute love; love which lasts, does not burn or scorch like fire, but stays gentle, warm, peaceful and comforting.

This perfume’s unique composition is oriental and sweet, but not too sweet, imposing or heavy. It is gentle, light, very comfortable and original.

Sweet and fresh opening notes (apricot, tangerine, bergamot, peach) intertwine with floral notes (jasmine, tuberose, orchid, hyacinth, rose, lily, carnation) on a beautiful, oriental base of sandalwood, amber, vanilla, musk, benzoin and cedar).

The perfume was created by Sophia Grojsman in 1993.

Pineapple Apricot Mandarin Orange Peach Hiacynth Bergamot Anise

Carnation Tuberose Orange Blossom Lily Orchid Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose Narcissus

Sandalwood Amber Musk Benzoin Vanilla Cedar

L'Orchidee
Havana Pour Elle
Sun Moon Stars
Charlie Gold

Kashaya Fragrance Reviews

400blows
400blows

It is the strangest mix of richness and lightness. There's no other perfume I can think of that occupies its spectrum in such a way. Unique. I can't account for the fact I love this so much, given its sweetness. I guess there are these little windows of opportunity for new things to wriggle in and become part of us, heart and soul. I think Kashaya got in just after Kenzo and around the same time as Casmir. Kind of a perfume ddos attack, a gang assault. Anyway I am very glad. It's magical. It's tender and kind. The bottle shape and colour are hugely influential in my experience of the fragrance. To me it smells iridescent, nacreous, in a lovely way. This also is unaccountable ['carnival glass?', part of me is declaiming; 'PEACH-toned carnival glass???']. but I completely cherish it. I think for me the whole experience transcends or evades questions of 'taste' and just penetrates to the vital 'soul' [I'm a heathen] within.
PS the comparisons to Tresor are puzzling. I do not like Tresor. Sometime, I must see what they have in common and what distinguishes them. Such a fascinating area of study.

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

Smells like a cheap drugstore perfume.Very generic, heavy powdery oriental scent. Not sure about lasting power as I sprayed some other scent over it (found the smell a bit head ache inducing)

ginadantas
ginadantas

Kashaya é delicioso! A orquídea em Kashaya é o que mais me encanta! Um perfume especial, difícil de achar aqui no Brasil. Maravilhoso!

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

I remember of 90's.

I like.

Galya
Galya

On me it soudns as Arabie Lutens :)
So intense ,with smoky apricot and peach,with a lot of woody's notes and intense white flowers.Adorabile sunny perfume!

Eneroangel
Eneroangel

too strong, too sweet, too spicy, no wonder it last so long. It's not listed but I smell lots of cinnamon. I agree with other review it doesn't leave much oxygen the breath I gave away the bottle i had.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I would like to thank malia for the sample as I didn't know about this scent. It's very rich and interesting...First is rather strong, but wait... it dries beautiful and it does lasts for a long time.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Very feminine, very special!! Warm fruity floral perfume with a touch of vanilla and oriental hints. It's kind of sweet fragance, but on an elegant way. Not too strong and overpowering, it's rather discreet and very elegant.

It opens strong fruity-hyacinth, than after while it becomes more oriental and vanilla sweet with a bit of orange blossom, some roses maybe, carnation for shure,............ I don't know exactly.
It's difficult to describe all the notes that make up Kashaya, they are simply so well balanced that they produce gorgeous perfume. That's why we call some perfume a masterpiece , is it?

Loev love love this beauty so much!

lanags
lanags

I wanted to, I should have liked Kashaya but it was just too strong, sweet candy and rich amber, just occasional woods and bergamot: as if I was wrapped in it and there was no oxygen and freshnes, no air to breath - I see how it could be lovely but if the power was 1/4 of what it was on me

candymarie
candymarie

Upon first sniffing Kashaya, it immediately reminded me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then finally it came to me . . . White Shoulders! It feels like a modern, woodier and softer interpretation of White Shoulders.

Oh, so many memories about Kashaya! It was signature for a friend at college and it suited her very well.
For me I couldn't wear it easily because I found it very chaotic and too plastic sweet.
I think that this burned plastic vibe for Kenzo started there. After Kashaya all Kenzo's fragrances have that cloying disgusting edge taken to an extreme revolting with Kenzo Flower.
In spite of the burned plastic vanilla Kashaya was a very lovely, romantic, seducing and longlasting.
It was very original, too at that time. Nothing smelled like Kashaya! I owned several samples and I wore them till their end, but it was never signature fragrance for me.
Now it is discontinued and Kenzo keeps throwing fragrances on market as if they did nothing else in life.
It would be better to have Kashaya back instead of many new launches.
I think that something of Kashaya survived in Kenzo Amour, a lovely scent with same headache inducing plastic vanilla.

Indigomama
Indigomama

Kashaya is a very typical Sophia Grojsman creation. You can tell that immediately. But unlike the majority of other treasures created by Sophia Grojsman I do jot only respect but like and wear it. My own scent classification is very different from Fragrantica's ;) I usually classify them by my perception or by best use. My perception of Kashaya is what it is supposed to be: relaxing, comforting and mind and body wrapping perfume. I can use it whenever I need or want to be totally tranquil. Sillage is decent too. Kashaya is a very long lasting scent because it is sold in big bottles ;)

Małgoś
Małgoś

Kashaya is a mix of gorgeous flowers with, to my nose, exotic honey. I know it is not honey, but the smell very much reminds me of it. It is rich, deep, warm, long lasting.

One of my absolutely favourites. Gorgeous and very seductive.

olga1780
olga1780

Wonderful oriental! I think you can easily pull it off in warmer weather, because it doesn't have that hard core sweetness and very transparent.

Lingonberry
Lingonberry

Mmmm, a wonderful scent. Like a bashful wallflower waiting to be discovered, freed from the shell and be appreciated and admired for all what he/she has to give.
On my skin it is all about the drydown, which comes rather quickly.

It opens with notes very similar to Elnette hairspray, at least how that smelled in the 80's (maybe the carnations and hiacynths shining through or that the bottle is turning?. I also get that smell and association with the opening of Youth Dew Amber Nude, but way longer time).

However, this fades quickly within half an hour and what is left is rich, soft, peachy, sweet, warm and creamy. I also smell banana and sometimes a little woodiness.
I'm not sure how to write but I experience it like a very moist ripe fruit but at the same time it is dry. It is quite linear on my skin during the day but I still find it interesting.
The sandalwood seems to be a surprise ingredient, some days I smell it clearly and some days not, anyway it just morphs the perfume into another version, still as beautiful as its sibling. It could well be in the background counting for that slight driness I experience, but it is just a guess. The woodiness yes.
Also, I find it well balanced, according to my preferences when I'm in the mood for something a little sweeter.
It holds for almost 8 hours, after that there are hints of vanilla left. The sillage is quite good but not offensive, if I were to smell it on someone else I would really like to know what it is.

Remind me to thank my father for his christmas gift to my mother many years ago, otherwise I would not have known that such a gem exists. I didn't appreciate it back then, but have done for some time now.
Maybe this one should be kept as a secret?

Yanna
Yanna

Kashaya is so incredibly interesting and beautiful at the same time. No boring stuff. No agressive ingredients. Pure feminine bliss!

Louw
Louw

I find this fragrance rather unbalanced, with very heavy peachy notes and nothing to balance them or add interest. This means that on my skin it's unbearably sweet and cloying.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hi,

this have been one of my fawourites now about 16 years. And still this is so Unique, Beautifull and sweet oriental scent. I have no bad word for this Perfume. I used to be known by this scent. This is one of my Firsts. And still Loving it. For me this Scent is truly eternal Love- Kashaya.

For some reason the opening of Kenzo KASHAYA smells simultaneously animalic and plast-icky to me. Very thick and impenetrable, this composition makes me feel slightly uncomfortable to wear but without quite attaining the status of scrubber.

As it dries down, KASHAYA becomes somewhat more bearable, but it takes some time to get there, and it's never really a joy for me to wear. The bottle is totally unique, but the perfume seems to me a sort of hodge-podge of any number of other Sophia Grojsman creations, although I should say that I myself do not smell anything even vaguely approaching TRESOR here. Not for me.

adele l
adele l

Kashaya is more of an oriental gourmand with the sweet fruit ( apricot, peach ) overriding the flowers. Very nicely done and does bear a similarity to Tresor as others have noticed! It is an old school gourmand, different from the usual, so I would advise a skin test to see if it's up your alley..Kashaya is borderline too sweet but is softened by a rice note and dries down close to the skin. I can detect some jasmine and rose but no tuberose- the flowers are pretty muted here anyway. A very comforting scent which dries down clean and soft.

It was a long time ago I had this perfume. When looking at it a lot of good memories come back. This was my partyperfum in the -90. I had two favourites then Kashaya by Kenzo and Vanderbildt by Gloria Vanderbildt. Both of them strong and loud, but very nice scents to wear. Longlasting too..If I find a bottle I will buy it again.

Yes Harlequin they have certainly some notes in common!! Indeed Kashaya being a bit more creamy and Sira des Indes a bit more fruity oriental to my nose!

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

You wouldn't guess it from the notes, but Kashaya is almost identical to Sira des Indes on me - and I literally mean barely distinguishable (even after a week of testing). And yet Kashaya is so well-loved by the members, while Sira des Indes is so not.... weird. (I guess the qualifier "on me" must play the major role here.)

Well yeah, Kashaya is a bit more complex + balanced, a touch creamier + subdued, but only when I tell myself it must be so by staring at the notes long enough. Or it could just be the difference between the EdT (Kashaya) and the EdP (Sira). Otherwise, both smell like fruity-creamy ylang-ylang domination - and since I'm hopelessly addicted to the ylang, I could get olfactorily drunk on either one of these, equally happily.

guest_guest999
guest_guest999

I don't understand, where You get fruits, gourmand etc.
For me it smelled "old". At first it's sour and sharp, later dries down and gets some dirty note in it. It smells like dead leaves and dead flowers.
I really wanted to like this, but even my husband said that it smells awful.

AMAZING perfume!!! I couldn't agree more with the opening review of Zoka and couldn't have said it better!:

'I love this perfume. It is really rich scent, very interesting opening with fruits and fantastic floral heart and long lasting oriental base. It is really masterpiece compared to banal fragrances that are more and more common every day'

skitten
skitten

I had Kashaya delivered to my doorstop today.
Very excited, as not sniffed it before,knowing that Kenzo is one of my loves for most fumes they have , except for the flowery ones, and then I sprayed it on.....and I thought Oh no, what on earth have I bought.....!!!!
Giving that I am a very fair person, I cried a little...lol...then 10 minutes later I was in awe....... Yay for Kashaya...I am in Love....
Kashaya is really warm, soft squashed fruity aroma, sensual flowery, touches of vanilla, musky and bits of woods thrown in.
Is actually quite rightly a heavenly scent... Love it...xx

I agree totally with Nyoka, I just cannot understand why people do not love this. It is so smooth and comfy, it actually is a gourmand, without the typical gourmand notes. The mixture of sweet fruit and soft flowers has been done so well, that is feels like a gourmand shawl to me. I love it!

nyoka

Thanks to anorton,I am the owner of this beautiful scent.IT is more about what it isnt than what it is.IT isnt loud,sickly sweet,knock u down in ur face.Instead its Not heavy,but lasts,Very comfortable to wear,and fruity enough to b fresh,light and exciting.THese r exotic fruits that take u to far away lands.It takes u on a journey through,jasmine wrapped tuberose orchid beds of almost magical flowers.as u enjoy all these pleasures u become aware of a slight touch of amber and musk with some vanilla added to give it the spice.Beautiful scent.beautiful bottle.

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

I have tried to like this, but I don't think it goes with my body chemistry. I hate the way it smells on me. Bummer too, I really love Kenzo Amour.

arianperfume
arianperfume

I believe this perfume is similar to Sun Moon Stars by Lagerfeld.....only that one is a tad sweeater.... Nice, cute, not a masterpiece though but stilll nothing wrong about it....

nyoka

i like this but,its unremarkleable.grocery shopping yes,but not a high nite on the townii wish it had a more woody smell.

guest_sistertricked
guest_sistertricked

I bought this edt due to the similarities with Tresor Malegria talked about. She was right: I received five perfumes with my order and was impatient to sniff them all at once. By the third perfume it became too much so I spritzed the rest on my pullovers. Yesterday morning I picked one pullover to get dressed and... all I smelled was Tresor... then I remebered what it really was. Time came to try Kashaya for real. Once yesterday morning and when going to bed.
Here is what what I can say:
1. The opening is slightly sweetly pleasant with flowers and fruits but none take the lead and nothing is harsh.
I remember Enjoy having the same distinct floral mellowness wrapping you, only slighter.
2. On my skin I sense something artificial (the same that happens when I wear Lovely, Enjoy, Blumarine II and Coco) which fortunately lasts a couple of minutes).
3. I sense a peachy/plummy note throughout the development and not annoying tuberose together with woody and tempered by the bergamot vanillic notes.
It is a perfume to wear for onself, especially if one likes peachy and woody notes (as in Tresor and Lalique).
4. The drydown is a fresh aura of fruity woods spiced up by the anise, vanilla, amber and sandalwood.
As for creaminess, I sense the drydown similar to Chopard perfumes (Mira Bai more than Casmir although similar); as for amberiness it gets close to Theo Fennell's Scent EDT and Birmane EDT; as for freshness it gets close to Cacharel's carefree Liberté.
One last note: I have just described the development on skin. If allpied on clothes, Kashaya will whisper words of Tresor, I guarantee, but just take it as it is: a beautiful well-done floral oriental, gorgeously multilayered if it clicks with your skin.

I don't understand the rating on this one! It is such an elegant perfume!! For all you gourmand lovers and Orchid addicts, a real must have in my opinion!!!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is a rich floriental that I would happily wear if I received a bottle for free-the ylang ylang, tuberose, jasmine and orange blossom all have such sweet heavy nectar alone, that I could feel like a queen with a fantastic garden cultivated just for me wearing these nectars-but with Kashaya peach and apricot and mandarins are being held right under my nose, and the garden is heady in the heat of this fragrance...
The anise creates a nice effect before reaching the royal dry down-and all the while, with the flowers, the fruit, the spice, I smell toasted rice with vanilla and amber. This is peculiar and definitely pleasant if you love sweet scents with a hint of resin with your vanilla-If you like heady flowers, you might like this one....I have a love/hate relationship with sweet scents-and no floriental will ever replace my Accenti-but this is not bad at all.
The bottle is almost gorgeous, and kind of ugly...Quite surreal. But it is a heart, and it fits the "eternal love" theme perfectly. Although I am not in love with this fragrance, I might want it someday, certainly for the unique (or disturbing) flacon.

Tarya
Tarya

Gentle oriental. Oldfashioned and gracefull. Soft and quiet. Similarities with Tresor.

Aalia
Aalia

I was searching for something to put on at night, just before bed. I wanted something mild, not overly stimulating.
This is perfect for late evenings, after a shower. While complex, this perfume is not pungent, it speaks volumes with just it's whispers, and it is perfect for a relaxing, gentle scent. It's very mild and so light that it's barely there, but when you do catch breaths of the scent, it's articulate as a long poem or great novel, and creative and colorful like a Monet..with all the little strokes colors and notes blending and seeping around the edges, but each still visible, recognizeable, as individual droplets of paint and scent, yet all forming a beatuiful scene. I particularly enjoyed the bergamot, anise, ylang ylang, and strong benzoin and amber. It doesn't last long on the skin, you must catch it before it fades, appreciate the few moments of pleasure it bestows.

F_A
F_A

I love Kashaya. It reminds me of a golden autumn - the smell of dry leafs under your feet on a sunny September day, the smell of dried summer fruits (pears, apples and berries) and dried flowers.
I would call this fragrance nostalgic, warm, very calm, somehow relaxing and with a presentiment of a sunny autumn in the bottle. Try it, there's a chance you might love it too!

This could have been a great scent, really. Instead it's a concoction of notes without any care, it's so messy (same applies to the bottle) and it becomes nauseating. I remember this as the first turn to artificial cloyin smell in Kenzo scents. Why??? The idea behind is just so lovely! I'm not sure but I think it has been discontinued (at least in Italy).

ktv0926
ktv0926

The more Kenzo fragrances I try the more certain I become - I'm not a Kenzo fan at all.
Kashaya is sharp and strong and first 5 minutes it was almost killing my nose.
Later the sharpness went away, but there's still something...aggressive I would say, the fragrance lacks femininity and yet it's not masculine.
Well, not my kind of perfume for sure.

azuriiita
azuriiita

yes, the best fragrance of Kenzo. To my skin, after while, kashâya smell like a wonder candy of flowers :) Enchanting...

Malegria
Malegria

The most feminine Kenzo ever.I feel for it`s soft dry down - and in a way it almost reminds me of Tresor of Lancome with it`s slightly powdered flower petals.But this one is more evasive, more subtle, more becoming.The other reason I crave Kashaya is the bottle - feeling the "vines" on the glass is almost like trying to decipher a coded message from your beloved.

zoka
zoka

I love this perfume. It is really rich scent, very interesting opening with fruits and fantastic floral heart and long lasting oriental base. It is really masterpiece compared to banal fragrances that are more and more common every day.

Kashaya by Kenzo 3.32 out of 5 based on 201 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kashaya fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kashaya, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kashaya by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kashaya by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.