Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Kenzo Kenzo for women

Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Kenzo for women Pictures

Kenzo by Kenzo is a Floral fragrance for women. Kenzo was launched in 1988. The nose behind this fragrance is Francoise Caron. Top notes are spices, orange blossom, plum, mandarin orange, peach and bergamot; middle notes are caraway, coriander, carnation, tuberose, sandalwood, gardenia, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, cedar and rose; base notes are amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and vanilla.

Spices Orange Blossom Plum Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot

Caraway Coriander Carnation Tuberose Sandalwood Gardenia Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Cedar Rose

Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Vanilla

Ca Sent Beau
Creation
Le Parfum

Kenzo Fragrance Reviews

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

I found a half-full mini of this yesterday (edt). It's a very strong and very feminine scent in 1980s style. Floral-spicy, warm and juicy. It's pretty, but a little too fruity for me personally, as I'm not really that fond of strong peach notes.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Love Love Love

Sanskilainen
Sanskilainen

My first real expensive perfume 1991. How can I forget! I am a different person now, and would not wear this anymore, it has probably been altered since. But as a true nostalgic I sniff it in the store when I see it and I understand why a 18-year old me loved it. The peachy quality makes it more exotic than most flower bombs are. Fruity and sugary in a good way. Cheerio young me! You were alright!

orangecatbites
orangecatbites

Guys:
They do carry Kenzo Kenzo 1988 on e-bay, I've seen it yesterday. It's pretty expensive - from $55.
I was in love with this scent in early 1990, but not anymore - too heavy. I prefer L'Eau par Kenzo.

butfly23
butfly23

I found an old Avon bottle at parents from the 70's. It is amazing how this Kenzo bottle is so similar but squat compared to the long Avon. The lid is nearly a replica. Am keeping the Avon bottle it's beautiful.

Caprice
Caprice

It's beautiful scent, remind me 80-s, when I was a baby. Like my mom's old perfume.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

I don't know where to start because this fragrance is the love of my life and I miss it immensely. Since it is no longer to be found I have made Ça Sent Beau my new signature. Ça Sent Beau is a lighter version of the original Kenzo the way I see it, lovely in its own right, but still nothing compares to this one. The original Kenzo has a myriad of notes that all blend together perfectly to create the most enchanting, mesmerizing scent ever.

sapientia
sapientia

One of my favourites ever!!! I still have the old bottle, I often take a sniff and still smells gorgeous! Six months ago went to the store to meet again with one of my first perfume loves. I asked for KENZO FOR WOMEN, I even had the old bottle with me just in case, and the woman gave me Ca Sent Beau. Its not the same I told her, no its the same she told me..I bought it and OMG the big disaster. Sorry but this perfume is nothing compared to the ORIGINAL. I hope one day I will find again my beloved bottle somewhere in the universe.....
I 'm still looking for it desperately!!!!!

bookerc1
bookerc1

I was recently cleaning out a drawer and stumbled upon this bottle of perfume that I'd almost entirely forgotten about. It was given to me back in the early 90's by a Pakistani man I dated casually in college. At the time, I didn't fully appreciate the depth and complexity of this perfume. I rarely wore perfume, and had very little sense of smell due to undiagnosed allergies. I found this too strong and overpowering, and was afraid to wear it. I didn't feel it suited my very light-hearted personality. I'd put it on when I was going out with the man who gave it to me, but otherwise rarely wore it. Once the relationship ended, the bottle was relegated to a drawer. Now, 20 years later, I came across the bottle, and figured it had probably turned bad, or whatever perfumes do as they age. I sprayed a bit into the air, and was surprised to discover how much I like it now, as a more mature woman. It has real depth and layers of many different elements, unlike so many of the "fresh" and "clean" scents that are so simple and linear, which are enjoying such popularity now. I was surprised when I came here to look up this fragrance, and realized just how many essences are in it. To me it smells warm and somewhat sultry, spicy and woodsy, with an intense white flower scent on the initial spray. I don't catch much of the fruit in this one, though there is a certain creamy sweetness to it, something that reminds me of real vanilla cream, not the nondairy creamer. I don't catch much musk until well into the dry down, and the patchouli is fairly understated. I'm not a fan of patchouli with my skin chemistry, but this one doesn't seem to "turn" on my skin like some others with patchouli in the base notes.

Overall, not a scent I'll wear often, and I can see how it might be a bit strong and overpowering for day time use. I'll save this for evenings when I'm going out, or when I'm in a darker mood.

brvly
brvly

My mom's signature fragrance! <3

Strong. Heavy. Epiphanic.

It's like the romantic fascination with the Orient in a bottle.

Forbiddenjade
Forbiddenjade

The most delightful, charming oriental floral ever.
My first love.
Enough said.

hector
hector

My first great love. Fruits, warm, powdery, musky, heavy swallowing me up.
Classic, maybe a little dated.
I still adore it, can't find it anymore, but I'll buy it again at any cost.
I would not recommend a blind buy .

misjojo
misjojo

i absolutelly looooove that scent.... if you want to be remembered by your ..... smell you have to have it !!!!!

angeldust44
angeldust44

I have just purchased a 100ml bottle with which i am going to buy blind with your reviews i just hope i wont be disappointed, i love coco, (not so much mademoiselle but original) i love opium, cinnabar and the spicy heavy perfumes, not so much youth dew etc,... fingers crossed i love this as much as my other ones, i loved 8e jour too but missed out on a 50ml bottle on ebay by £1,,, grrr but never mind fingers crossed guys

Wilka

Lo más glorioso: the oakmoss and sandalwood in it. It seems to me that neroli is there too, but it isn't...

Wilka

Como una sesión de yoga para mí. ¡Lo he adorado! sin embargo, como invade espacios, otros lo rechazan porque lo sienten muy fuerte.

EloiseIsMyDog
EloiseIsMyDog

Perhaps my favorite. I splurged and wore some to work today. I am loosening up my death grip on the remains of an original bottle from the late 80s or early 90s. I have high hopes that a recent e-bay purchase is a full bottle of the real thing. I love hoarders!

suhaesa
suhaesa

kenzo...a statement, a true perfumers perfume... unique..strong.. mellow ..lovely.. a connection between old school and a tench of new ,in a wonderful melody of heavenly scents...kenzo is like a dream between the orient and the rest of the world.. i feel it has a note from every part of the globe..maybe the best note from every nation..its a beautiful harmony that unites contradicting scents ,yet like Mozart or Beethoven come out with a timeless ,race less, gender less, beautiful connotation ..its one of those scents that you should have in your collection as a timeless treasure, that will surely be appreciated a hundred years from now, and still be adored by millions..

rating 4.3 out of 5

KatyK
KatyK

The information on this site for Kenzo say that this fragrance Kenzo for Women had it's name changed to Ca Sent Beau implying they are the same fragrance. I have experienced both of them and to me they do smell different. I like them both but I prefer this one I think it is both spicier and creamier in the drydown - generally more interesting. Is my nose being fooled? Are they the same? Does anyone know for sure?

Canelita
Canelita

I miss this perfume, my mother used to wear it and i loved it on her, but unfortunately some time ago i could never find it again

carmencita
carmencita

I love it. It was my signature and I'm still looking for.Can somebody tell me where can I find it?

imoore
imoore

Hi,
In my opinion it is a must for orientel lovers.
Very spicy, long lasting,
Amber, Moss, Musk, Patchouli, Vetiver, base is unbeatable by any of the currenly available oriental perfumes.

joyspring
joyspring

I bought this perfume several times in Paris but last time i was in France I understood it was no longer available, so I settled for Ca sent beau instead, which I also love

Gillie
Gillie

I don't quite know why, but this reminds me of EL Beautiful: maybe it's the fruit and the orange blossom?

I received a small sample in a tiny adorable bottle just like the large one in the photo. I had thought I was receiving Ca Sent Beau, but it seems to be the original Kenzo.

It is floral, strong and insistent, very sweet, yet sophisticated. The initial fruitiness dries down to a vast bunch of flowers: orange blossom, tuberose, jasmine and rose. It is not an airy flower scent. It is more oriental, like a heavy brocade. I don't detect the carraway. The musk and amber are becoming apparent after 3 hours.

This perfume should be used with care in the day--a little will go a long way. At night it will make a statement: ritacha is right--it is not for the fainthearted.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

super vintage!!

AalaAM
AalaAM

I still remember it when I bought it to my mum back when I was 8, it's very floral I smell it and I can still remember the old days.

selinum28
selinum28

This was the scent that one of my best friends used to wear. I remember it blended with the smoke of her cigarrettes and sometimes with the smell of holm oaks, pines and rosemary that came from the outside to the inside of the car, when we were travelling near the beach. It was a wonderful scent then, but now that I smell it on my skin, I cannot understand the previous reviews: I can only find it very agressive, artificial, maybe too modern and complex for me.

rithacha
rithacha

This was my mother's signature fragrance. She consistently chose this one over her chanels and diors, and Kenzo will always remind me of her. I used to wrinkle my nose at the idea of wearing it because it was *her* perfume, but now that I revisit it, I appreciate Kenzo for its own right.

Linear spicy floral. There's a little swirl of plum in the opneing before the fragrance takes a plunge into spice-carnation-patchouli territory. Not for the fainthearted, but never ever overwhelming. There's enough white florals and vanilla in there to add creaminess and depth; otherwise I would compare Kenzo to Coco Chanel.

I find the Kenzo smells sweeter and creamier on my skin than it did on my mother's, which leads me to believe that skin chemistry is important for Kenzo. Nevertheless, I can't imagine this combination of notes ever smelling outright *bad*.

Kenzo is a gracious lady fragrance. As Mellyhelly says, a strong floral bomb, with pinache and elegance. Passable during the day with a light hand, but I'd rather spray this all over for a high-energy but sophisticated night.

Strong, strong floral bomb! I used to like it back in time! It's extremely feminine and elegant too! At that time Kenzo hadn't switched for plasticky smell, awful Kenzo Flower was still far to come, I was young and radiant at university and wore original Kenzo! I liked so much I guess I wore too much of it at certain point... someone complained, ghgh! I don't wear it anymore, still I love it as a scent of my past and its floral peppery warmth is still very clear in my mind. I have a bottle from that time I treasure in its box for its utterly poetic beauty.

rebella
rebella

This would be a pretty, strong, creamy and very nice flowerfragrance if it wasn´t for the plums. I have some difficulties with plum in perfume. It get very strong, sweet, syrupy and to cloying on me.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I have worn this perfume since it came out. I love it and will never be without it. It is creamy but it is also very complex and seems to smell different on my skin each time I wear it. There are a lot of notes here but somehow they all blend together perfectly. Remains on the skin for a long time but is never overbearing. I agree that it is truly one of the best floral perfumes. Beautiful.

dina
dina

It's the 1st fragrance by Kenzo. It's floral oriental. Very heavy, creamy. I consider it one of the classics.

Mariano
Mariano

In my opinion, the best floral scent for women!

Kenzo by Kenzo 4.14 out of 5 based on 246 ratings and 33 user reviews

KENZO for MEN by Kenzo EDT SPRAY 1 OZ
KENZO SUMMER for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .85 OZ
KENZO SUMMER for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .85 OZ
Kenzo Homme Boisee by Kenzo
KENZO SPRING FLOWERS for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ LIMITED EDITION
Aftershave 1.7oz
Kenzo Homme Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Kenzo Homme Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Kenzo Madly Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Kenzo Madly Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
KENZO SUMMER for WOMEN by Kenzo SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY MILK 2.5 OZ ORIGAMI
L'EAU 2 KENZO for MEN by Kenzo SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ WITH BAG
KENZO for MEN by Kenzo AFTERSHAVE SPRAY 3.4 OZ
KENZO for MEN by Kenzo AFTERSHAVE SPRAY 3.4 OZ
KENZO FLOWER ESSENTIELLE for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.5 OZ
KENZO FLOWER ESSENTIELLE for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.5 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.