Designers » I-K » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 171 I had it: 147 I want it: 110 My signature: 10

Kenzo Air Kenzo for men Videos
Kenzo Air Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo Air Kenzo for men Pictures

Airiness, a reminiscent of carefree childhood days, peace and freedom; this scent of comfort and serenity. The main accord of this perfume was built around the notes of spicy anise and velvety, woody notes. Its simple composition is made of high quality materials including: anise, bergamot, vetiver and other woody notes and amber. It was created in 2003.

Here you can watch an advertising video for Kenzo. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel.

Caraway Amber Vetiver Anise Cedar Bergamot Angelica Licorice

Kenzo Air Intense
mat; very male

Kenzo Air Fragrance Reviews

adamhabib
adamhabib

A Ridiculous fragrance. I have placed it in my toilet as a freshener.

paulzork
paulzork

I just got the 50ml in a set with the shower gel. Love it - much woodier than kenzo woody (the brown bottle). Like others have said, this starts off a little aniseed-y. About an hour or so later a very light version of encre noir comes through.

I've never even considered aniseed as as a fragrance ingredient i would be interested in, but this frag has been a subtle nose opener.

leomat2008

The last flask I bought was in 2011, in a website I can´t remember. It came to me from Israel. Before it arrives here in Brazil I already know it would be alterated in its scent, coz it was discontinuated long time ago. And was exactly that what happened. It had a terrible scent of tobaco/urine... what a pitty...
Please, let´s send Kenzo lots of mails asking them to return this masterpiece... I can´t find kenzo´s e-mail anywhere.. Somebody can help me?

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

consegui uma garrafa e tenho o AIR e o AIR INTENSE ...ambos muito parecidos,ótimos de boa projeção e fixação relevante. aroma exclusivo e sedutor de fato. pena ser descontinuado,fragancia merece respeito.

jaylim87
jaylim87

I've been looking for this fragrance and I decided to stop by at local fragrance hut store. And luckily, they happen to have the tester and I tested it. From initial spray, I smell strong alcohol, and as it dried down it started to smell like terre d'hermes. If the original kenzo air isn't supposed to smell like that, please let me know.

walkdogg
walkdogg

Alafrom is right, if ever you have the chance to layer Etro anice with Encre noire the result is unmistakably ----------> kenzoAIR! So remarkably similar when layered but both are so very unlike kenzoAIR on their own.

I further agree that there is little or no difference in the original and intense variations. Intense has a slight blue tint to it where original is clear. Furthermore the intense versions box is identical to the original except it has a glaring sun on it. The intense versions bottle is not frosted but rather a clear plastic.

Lastly, so far to my experience I have yet to buy a bottle that comes filled with more than 50-60% juice. They all say 90ml but the reality is you are getting around 60ml. It's may be due to leakage or evap or just manufacturing limitations. But with such a special scent I suspect it's discontinuation had more to do with packaging than anything else!

**NOTE** never ship a bottle of kenzoAIR or its intense counterpart via airmail. There is a very very high likelyHood the bottle will burst under pressure and you will receive a cracked bottle or worse a leaky mess!

9/10. A staple of my collection!!!

igorakhsanov
igorakhsanov

Recently bought it ... So there are still stocks of the old production. Fragrance makes happy after a long search!

Deefit
Deefit

This is a light and airy fragrance, maybe one of the best Kenzo's I've ever tried. It does bother me that it's gone after about 2 hours. It's projection also could've been better, but I suppose that would tear down the core concept of the fragrance; air.

Like Taskphorce said, you can easily detect the Iso E Super. Considering this fragrances perfume is 48% Iso E Super and Encre Noir's is 45% Iso E Super, it's also not really a shock they have similarities. I found them close enough at times to vote for a reminder of the other fragrance, but only in their drydown.

/edit: When smelling them side by side they seem more different than I had thought them to be. It's strange, because the first few times when I smelled Encre Noir it made me think of Air, but it had been nearly 8 years since I had smelled that. And when I recently put on Air again for the first time in those 8 years, it made me think of a lighter Encre Noir.

Air has the added licorice and anise notes, which really complement each other and together with Iso E Super they form a great team. I guess they have the Iso E Super and vetiver in common, but that is pretty much it. Comparing them side by side after about 30 minutes, they share similarities but Air is a lot lighter than Encre Noir. I guess it's the Iso E Super that keeps popping up every once in a while.

So in conclusion. Are they the same? No. Do they have similarities? Yes. In the end, I think Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver would be closer related to Encre Noir than Kenzo Air is. Grey Vetiver could be it's younger and lighter summertime brother, while Air is more of a nephew.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

This and Kenzo Air Intense are so similar to Molecule 01 it isn't even funny. I say that in a positive way. The scent is inviting, seductive, warm, and light but not unnoticeable. I almost don't want to speak about it so others don't know about it and aren't likely to purchase. I want a stock pile of this fragrance. Too bad it's discontinued and I have to search across the planet on eBay for it.
ALSO PLEASE UNDERSTAND that the Kenzo bottle will appear half full but this is how it comes brand new. They use the same sized bottle and fill the juice to the appropriate bottle. You might be inclined to complain to your supplier like I did and mistakenly make a huge ass out of yourself. The 3 oz bottle (when new) is just slightly above the half way mark. Relax, it is supposed to be this way. Kenzo Air should be in every collectors wardrobe for life!

leomat2008

Somebody have kenzo paris e-mail adress? We have to send them one million e-mails for them to bring back this masterpiece. I never found kenzo contact in the websites... :-(

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

This is one of the most exquisite scents ever made.
It has become apart of my identity.

It is anisic and woody. I am okay with the fact that it has been discontinued for many years because I made sure to stock up on it. It's nice to not have to smell it on everybody else.

When it was discontinued it ensured the exquisite and esoteric value of Kenzo Air was maintained. It's mysticism, rarity and illusory nature was upheld.

It is a masculine and elusive scent that lingers on the skin. It is one of the best things I have ever smelt.

Maurice Roucel is a genius. He also created Musc Ravageur and has a real finesse for making perennially good fragrances.

gelsomina
gelsomina

I really love this one on my boyfriend, it smells warm, confident and sexy ! for me, it's one of the best masculine fragrances out there.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

After many reviews, of good and bad this fragrance is, also on the bottle design, some love it, some hate it... I bought one anyway.

The fragrance opens with soft anise-caraway accord tamed by the woody notes, and it lingers in such a nice way. You may think this might smell spicy due to the aromatics used, but it is not!

I do find this fragrance has a moderate lasting power, with a good silage. I wonder if this has been discontinued, because I couldn't find this at any fragrance store let alone the Kenzo perfume counter.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

It remembers me of anise tea, only by the purity of this note here. My grandmother love tea a lot and when she make some of this one, I just love the smell it leaves.

It is green, sweet and earthy. Could be compared with absinthe in terms of taste. It's, basically, a anise liquor.
I haven't smelled something like this so, It's probably rather unique. Quite linear.

Oh, no this is gone? I really liked this one! Vetiver can be soooo overpowering, but this was a light, airy version, with hints of smoke and only the faintest traces of anise or bergamot. Just a gorgeous almost incense-wafting-in-fresh-air fragrance. Maurice Roucel does it again!

Doktor Gott
Doktor Gott

I know it's quite late in the day, given that this is no longer produced but this was and probably remains my favourite scent to date and the one that made me interested, properly, in scent in the first place.

The strong anise note just seemed to cling and cling and was like nothing else I've smelt since.

Why, oh why, did Kenzo drop this amazing fragrance?!?!?!!

saguna
saguna

I have read somewhere that one of the ingredients is ISO E-SUPER. But it's not in the notes.
That's why someone might smell there synthetic.

iritkaiaa120
iritkaiaa120

Love, love, love this perfume!!! If you want something unique for the summer and not a usual fruity-sweet stuff pls try it.

conmary
conmary

If you liked and missed this fragrance, try Chopard's Noble Vetiver. Even better!!!

alibaba
alibaba

My husband bought this for me and then started knicking it himself. It is obviously a unisex fragrance. I love it and it smells great on him too. It has notes that I have been looking for, for along time in perfume. Clean and sophisticated and as the day progesses it is still there

oxm
oxm

Kenzo Air, its simplicity is its strength; irresistible aromatic freshness with a hint of liquorice in the background, is the scent that makes you rediscover nature that you thought you had lost, the horizon that brings you free and clear to follow a kite in the sky ... it's the air of freedom and the great outdoors ... this time Kenzo has hit the mark.
To be missed.

iconoclast
iconoclast

This is a strong scent in my opinion, with a nice vetiver drydown. Even though it's versatile enough to be used in any season, Kenzoair makes a welcome change for me from the usual aquatics in summer.

@ravjan: The blue colour inside the bottle is not that of the juice, but instead a (sneaky) blue plastic insert - I took my bottle apart (don't ask me why) - and the juice is simply a typically common yellowish colour.

Lance
Lance

Actually this is not airing or uplifting like it looks!
Like any other fragrance from Kenzo, this has some signature note from the house (this is why I love Kenzo), something like pepper or incense.
I like it, but not so sure about a purchase in future.

P.S: The bottle is a masterpiece

An underrated gem.

It happened by accident that I layered two fragrances. I was testing Encre Noir to write my final review and instead of spraying it on an unscented smelling strip, I sprayed it on a piece of paper on which I previously tested Etro's Anice.
What a suprise to smell the anisic aspect of vetiver amphasized by the real anise note. Especially in the drydown when the two perfumes blended perfectly together.

Well, I found Kenzo Air Intense / Kenzo Air to have a very similar vibe to the above scenario and despites probably not being as praised as Encre Noir, it still has a great charme. Peppery, anisic, funny. Chemical? Yes, most definitely, but very well blended. Does great in warm weather.

If you're wondering about the differencies between the "intense" version and the original, well, I haven't found a substantial one. The "intense" is exactly like the original version but a little bit stronger, that's it.

Rating: 7.5/10

ravjan
ravjan

One of the frags I simply cannot stand! And it's all for anise. Shame because the bottle and the colour of the juice inside are so pretty..

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Fresh anise and licorice
Very masculine but very fresh as well
I think it smells like sweet/dirty air

ngreeny
ngreeny

It's feminine enough for me and I enjoy wearing it every once in a while when the weather gets warm. It is indeed light and airy and what I can smell the most are the citrus notes. What I could do without is the caraway note - I don't like it in food and it turns out that it's just as unsavory in perfume.

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

تقریبا شبیه بوی لالیک انسیر نویر میباشد

ولی کمی ظریفتر ولطیفتر

Almost like smell Encre Noire Lalique

But a little bit more delicate and subtle

Yay! My 3rd Kenzo is finally here. Kenzo Air is not a very strong scent. I spritz it twice on my wrist and I have a hard time smelling it, perhaps my skin is too dry.
For the scent, there is nothing fruity or floral here at all, but just woods. I only smell this wet woody vetiver with fresh cedar + licorice combo. The scent is wet and cold; like a wet forest or driftwood by the river bank or even a haystack. Somehow, I still find it fresh and quite unique. It's never too hard nor even appear to be herbal.
In my opinion, this is not a very usual fragrance, and it's a must try, especially for those who are interested in an interesting woody scent, and the blocky bottle is quite a collectible item.

sdkifaa
sdkifaa

am a Flight steward, i thnk every airliner will be dawn to it! coz its nice,unique, fashionablly and affordable..i always have trust with Kenzo products!

periquito89
periquito89

Try this on your skin and Paul Smith Story at the same time. Both are similiar. Maybe, if you add more wood, more vetiver, a "burning forest" note* and increase the power, we could have a little idea of how Lalique Encre Noire smells.

*Someone wrote "Burning forest" about Encre Noire in another forum.

ricardohmedina
ricardohmedina

I love this perfume. The smell of anise is one of my favourites. Kenzo Air is fresh and woody at the same time, with anise and vetiver together through the dry down. So different and unique that everyone should try it!

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

smells alot like black liquorice,instead of air. nice bottle tho.

guest_Severino Laguzza
guest_Severino Laguzza

This perfume has smell of new clothes. When the clothing store has enough of that smell ... But he did not bad in the end.

guest_n
guest_n

the bottle was half becouse every bottle is the same . for 100ml and 50ml the bottle is similar only when you buy a 50ml there is less perfum inside

dancam86
dancam86

Hey I bought this one two days ago and I noticed this morning that the bottle was half full :s I love the scent and since I got it I can´t stop spraying it on me every chance I get; but half bottle in two days it´s just impossible. Can anybody who owns this please tell me if theirs came half full too?

Mpirev
Mpirev

Yes,this scent is special,the anise...i like it!It`s light but so pleasant, so blue, so free...

bluecoast
bluecoast

I see it as an unisex and ageless scent, very fresh, light, but not cheap "blue". It has the spirit of boundlessness. I gave it to my mother who is 70 and she loves it! For myself, I prefer somewhat stronger colognes, though.

ella21690
ella21690

though it is a men parfume i bought it when i went to italy . at the begining i wanted to be a gift for my father.. but it ended in my drawer. lovely scent

fqjcior
fqjcior

Light, summery, fresh but somehow different from others fresh fragrances. Begins with anise and bergamot, then it changes to vetiver which reminds me this from Encre Noire Lalique except it's more sweet. Quite nice frag great for hot summer days I suppose. The bottle is as always in Kenzo a piece of art.

m_pooka
m_pooka

I think Air is just a love-me-or-leave-me from the start. Many people find it weird because of the strong anise note and I loved it precisely for that. Refreshing.

keshusticker
keshusticker

i liked this fragance and it was cool at first, but then... i don't know, i just stopped liking it.

leomat2008

IT´S MY FRAGRANCE, I LOVE IT. THE ANIS IS SO INTENSE AT THE BEGGINING, AT THE MIDDLE IT BECAMES MORE BERGAMOTA AND AT LAST, IS LIKE SWEET-WARM-WATER FOR TEA, SO COMFORTABLY...
....
p.s.
Somebody can tell me if kenzoair was discontinued? I´m having troubles to find this here in my country. :-(

afraafra

great drydown, but a little weak on the opening, made by Maurice Roucel who usually makes only great fragrances
Iran

Kenzo Air by Kenzo 4.02 out of 5 based on 229 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Air fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Air, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Air by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Air by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.