Designers » I-K » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Kenzo Air Intense Kenzo for men

Kenzo Air Intense Kenzo for men
dislike

Kenzo Air Intense Kenzo for men Videos

Kenzo Air Intense by Kenzo is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Kenzo Air Intense was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel. Top notes are caraway, anise and bergamot; middle notes are tahitian vetiver and angelica; base notes are amber, white woods and vetiver.

Caraway Anise Bergamot

Tahitian Vetiver Angelica

Amber White Woods Vetiver

Kenzo Air
Encre Noire

Kenzo Air Intense Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Notes-wise, Kenzoair Intense is practically identical to Kenzoair, but correcting its only and main deal-breaker: the lightness and closeness to skin. Finally this Intense version gives that “potentially beautiful” scent the projection and the “stereo boost” it deserved. Which doesn’t mean this is a bold scent; actually, it means just that you can finally smell Kenzoair, and finally for some hours. If you aren’t familiar with Kenzoair, it’s basically a really clean, contemporary, tremendously refined minimalistic aqueous-vetiver-anise scent, bright and crisp like a freshly-cleaned window glass, still with some water drops on it. Breezy and cozy like a very few else vetiver scents. The vetiver here is soft, mellow, salty, not the most realistic or rich around but that’s the beauty of it here, rounded by something like cashmere wood. It quite reminds me of Encre Noire, just more bracing, sophisticated and transparent. Encre Noire is thicker and a tad more synthetic, while Kenzoair smells just more “airy”, slightly watery-mineral too. Delightful and classy, with a perfectly gentle drydown, bright and quite close to skin. An uplifting mineral-woody gem, which I personally prefer over the original.

Rerik
Rerik

Sorry to all the fans of this gem. It was now the second time that I had the chance to buy an bottle of this stuff and I didn´t. For me it´s just another ordinary fresh / sport toilet water. It smells like Kenzo Tokyo.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Woody without being dry, fresh without being harsh, spicy without being piquant. Very ethereal. Smells quite nice, a pleasant, clean, bedtime kind of fragrance. Bottle is very unique as well.

Sillage and longevity is unfortunately a fart in the wind, and since this is the 'intense' version I can only assume the original (which I've yet to smell) is probably even worse in this department.
I guess some things are discontinued for good reason.

toto453
toto453

A master piece of Kenzo !! I miss it as it is no more sold since years...a compliment getter too !!

Cassiano
Cassiano

In 2003, Kenzo Air achieved the market, a scent that was very successful at the time, containing balanced notes of bergamot, vetiver, amber, fennel and licorice, basically. In 2005, the same perfumer – Maurice Roucel – launched a more intense version, which was a limited edition and that still causes furor among the lovers of the original version.

This time, the licorice has not entered in the composition, which has notes of bergamot, anise and fennel, in the output; Angelica and Tahitian vetiver, in the heart; Amber, vetiver and Woods, in the base.

Definitely, is not one of my favorites, but I like it a lot. Why? Because is different from all the rest!
This is the kind of scent made for those who want to forget the worries, feel free of the heavy chains of everyday’s life, remember the freedom of being a child, etc.

Its scent is composed, basically, by nuances of anise and vetiver, with a touch of flowers and amber.
In this version, the aroma of anise is more poignant. Then, the vetiver predominates. Many people feel resemblance with the fragrance of Encre Noire, although I find the latter more dry.

Air Intense stays close to the skin, but lasts for hours and hours. And the bottle is a nice piece of cloud that fits in the palm of your hand.
A beautiful creation that was unfortunately discontinued and is rare to be found.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Remember ENCRE NOIR_Lalique, but Encre much so better.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

Perfume maravilhoso,extraordinário. o melhor do vetiver está em Kenzo Air

sagranha
sagranha

want it

ComaSaan
ComaSaan

I finished 3 bottles of this. A good frag! Very unique. :)

walkdogg
walkdogg

This is IT! The buck stops here!
I'd trade all the other scents I have away and keep only this one if I had to!

And to clarify, this is an EDT, and to my nose, it's remarkably similar to KenzoAIR original. I've worn original on one arm and Intense on the other arm and I cannot tell a difference! I had other smell too, and they most would actually say that the original was the more "strong" smelling of the two.

SOOOOOoooooo... Yeah. Don't sweat the small stuff, and don't break the bank trying to find This INTENSE version, no one will ever be able to tell if you are wearing INTENSE or not, thats a promise! But if you do run across it, the bottle is really REALLY cool!

10/10 LOVE THIS ONE!!!

mariomario

I think tha t was the best from kenzo ino don't understand way des cuntinio
That

too young

I can't understand why Kenzo discontinued their best fragrances - unforgivable Air (regular and intense versions) and Time For Peace - and continue reissue such a crap like L'Eau par(((

An underrated gem.

It happened by accident that I layered two fragrances. I was testing Encre Noir to write my final review and instead of spraying it on an unscented smelling strip, I sprayed it on a piece of paper on which I previously tested Etro's Anice.
What a suprise to smell the anisic aspect of vetiver amphasized by the real anise note. Especially in the drydown when the two perfumes blended perfectly together.

Well, I found Kenzo Air Intense / Kenzo Air to have a very similar vibe to the above scenario and despites probably not being as praised as Encre Noir, it still has a great charme. Peppery, anisic, funny. Chemical? Yes, most definitely, but very well blended. Does great in warm weather.

If you're wondering about the differencies between the "intense" version and the original, well, I haven't found a substantial one. The "intense" is exactly like the original version but a little bit stronger, that's it.

Rating: 7.5/10

too young

Beautiful scent! Love it! But as I know Kenzo has already ended producing it((( The same situation as with Kenzo Time For Peace, they were good fragrances!

leomat2008
leomat2008

It´s the same fragrance of the traditional Air, only in a intense version. I can´t fell it stronger than Air. Maybe it lasts a little more time in the skin, but still don´t fell this stronger.
A really good fragrance, but I preffer the traditional one.

Bibi
Bibi

Kenzo Air Intense is peaceful and delightful fragrance. It can take you to a far away environment, a place you have never been before. Amazing. Anise notes are really rich, which together to Vetiver note makes it special. It smells good even on a girl, I may say!

Kenzo Air Intense by Kenzo 4.26 out of 5 based on 74 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Air Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Air Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Air Intense by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Air Intense by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.