Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women

Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Videos
Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Kenzo for women Pictures

Kenzo Amour is gentle, sensual and joyful fragrance, a romantic and aromatic journey to Asia. The perfume starts with soft and attractive aroma of Frangipani blossom which possess a very fine almond-like aroma. The smell of these flowers fascinated one of the two creators of this perfume, Daphne Bugey, during her visit to Indonesia. Of course, the Far East can not be imagined without Japanese cherry blossom.

From Japan we travel to China. The heart features very comfortable and soft aroma of Chinese white tea. The composition continues with thin milky aroma of Thailand rice, and to the gorgeous base which includes woodsy, balsamic, and musky notes, and vanilla. Mysterious incense diffuses on skin in all its nuances: nice wooden note and bitterly ranis interlace with soft and powdery note of Burman Tanaka wood with aroma reminiscent of sandalwood and amber. The composition ends with sweet and soft vanilla, clearly distinguished in the base.

Kenzo Amour was created by Daphne Bugey and Olivier Cresp in 2005.

The bottles design is worth mentioning as well. Three bottles, three colors, the same scent. The 30ml (1 fl.oz.) bottle is in fuchsia color, the 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) is white and the 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) bottle is colored orange. As imagined by the designer, those colors are romantic colors of Asia. The colorful Kenzo bird on the outer box symbolizes passionate love and freedom of traveling.

Kenzo Amour was launched in 2006.

White Tea Rice

Cherry Blossom Frangipani Heliotrope

Musk Vanille Woody Notes Incense

L`Eau de Kenzo Amour
Nature's Sexy

Kenzo Amour Fragrance Reviews

Sweetloverxoxo
Sweetloverxoxo

It turns very musky on me.Although I am not a fan of musky,powdery smells.But this fragrance balanced them in one bottle.So..I kinda like it as a 15.
I would wear em'to prom.

Milladane
Milladane

Very very vanilla, cozy and warm, powdery, and sensual. It holds its own and is worthy of its popularity. I adore vanilla fragrances, but this one may be just on the border of being too foody of a vanilla, like the way the Lavanila line or Coty Vanilla Musk is too foody sweet for my personal taste. Perhaps I'm not liking the rice note? Again, I still consider this a worthy perfume. I might test it again in the Winter. This July heat possibly makes the sweetness stickier than it really is.

If I had less choices available to me, I would probably want to have this one; I am just lucky enough to have many other great vanilla scents. I wanted to share this for others who love vanilla perfume like I do, but prefer the type of vanilla scents such as Guerlain L'instant Magic Elixir, Van Cleef & Arpel Orchidee Vanille, Vanille Insensee Atelier Cologne, and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

laurakaye
laurakaye

How romantic! This is a lovely, very creamy floral. As it wears on, it seems to get a little sweeter. To me, this is a comforting, calming scent. Reminds me of a warm summer sunset.

I am struggling to pick out the rice note, as I don't think I have ever owned a perfume with this note. Testing this from a mini dab bottle, so I can't wait to test a spray and see if I can figure out this mysterious note.

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

This bottle is everything.. I do believe that this maybe is the cousin of Hypnotic Poison BUT in hypnotic the almond is sharp and loud.. in this one almond its not exist... So give it a try.. !

dahrling
dahrling

Play-dough. Similar to Hypnotic Poison to me.

cmlee22
cmlee22

not sure how i felt about this one... gave it to my sister who rarely wears perfume. I'm glad it's light/subtle enough for her. i think i'm just more adventurous.

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

Mmm~ so sweet and delicious but not in a gourmand way. Perfect if you want something elegant and innocent.
Boy! I can't stop smelling it!

arenee92
arenee92

I wanted to love this SO bad. I was so excited to go into Sephora and try this on, this was going to be my next fragrance, my signature! It was everything that I love! Warm, vanilla, sweet, soft.

And then I smelled it....sprayed it on my skin...and I was completely underwhelmed. It's warm, it's soft, it lies close to the skin, but it leaves something to be desired. As it dried, it smelled very peppery and powdery to me, very reminiscent of Gucci Guilty Black.

I guess I will still be on the hunt for that perfect vanilla!

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

I really, really, really wanted to love this.
You can smell lovely vanilla and rice, it has a natural note to it.
But something has gone totally wrong with this scent, at least on my skin - it has a horrible plastic/melted plastic note that stands out and just kills of my lovely mellow sweet rice pudding scent.

I think that maybe I got a bad bottle (it's of the old version, my bottle is white), because when I tried it at a store, I could feel something a bit synthetic about it but the smell was very nice and likable.

blueviolet
blueviolet

Light sweet and ultra sugary! On me it stays very much the same through out the drydown, with only a slight change to the absolute last stages. I don't think I would get it for myself, however, on my girlfriend this smells AMAZING. Her skin brings out the notes beautifully, it develops into something more creamy (frangipani maybe?) which is a note I love and wish my chemistry would react better with. It is lovely, give it a go, maybe your skin will suit this better than mine!

zzMaja
zzMaja

I was looking for more of a warm, milky, steamy rice scent. It comes close, but not quite what I had in mind on my skin. It is very nice, very soft and I enjoy wearing it. I was also hoping for something a bit stronger. It's sillage in the room after I sprayed it on was fantastic, but on my skin it seems to get lost. If anyone can recommend a more rice, steam, milk scent - please feel most free to suggest one. What can I say, I guess I am a gourmond !!! I may try spraying on my hair and see if that works, but I really don't like wearing scents too close to my face or on my clothes because I am very sensitive.

noneofyours
noneofyours

Fabulous bottle! I have the 100ml and it's a gorgeous strong pink; super sexy and bold.

Quite a powdery floral fragrance on me and distinctly gourmand. I like this for winter, there is something cosy about it.

Anasofie
Anasofie

Such a creamy vanilla, to me it is a different kind in its own league kind of vanilla though, almost exotic. At the same time it's comforting and warm, though do not undermine its strength albeit moderate it is there.

My bottle is the reformulated version dated to december 2011, it should be noted that the reformulated bottles only come in the fuchsia color, whereas the preformulated bottles came in three different colored bottles (fuchsia small bottle, white 1.7 oz bottle and the biggest size came in an orange color) Personally I consider this a daytime perfume, but I can see it being used as both during the day or night.

One shouldn't undermine it's lasting power/strength, I used one spray on my chest before going to bed and it woke me up in the middle of the night (5 hours later) because it became too strong for me. To me this blooms in the cold, it doesn't perform as well in the heat on my skin.

All in all I find that it is a perfume everyone should have at least a tiny bottle of in their collection for when you want some comfort or want to stay in bed all day on a cold rainy day.

thais.magrinha
thais.magrinha

Like an embrace on an autumn day, cosy...
I wouldn't say sexy, no, it just feels like home. Beautiful.

ameliunim
ameliunim

Hypnotic Poison? Are you kiddin' me? It has nothing in common with that overwhelming perfum. For me "Amour" is a wanilla, milky, soft and sexy scent. Very calming, sweet but mature. Very good perfum.

Centsless
Centsless

Indeed this smells much like Hypnotic Poison except this is vanilla rice instead of vanilla root beer. This is kind of strange, but I also smell paper. I actually like it better than HP. It is smooth, powdery and cozy. A little heavy for my climate/lifestyle, but I will stash my sample and wear it next winter with a big fluffy sweater.

icecube
icecube

I am happily surprised - was not at all expecting this wonderful and quite strong fragrance after what I heard and read.
I very, new nice take on a vanilla perfume.
The a bit odd but charming note I am not familiar with must be the rice/fragipani mix.
It is a little bit cloying.
It reminds me in some parts to Ange ou Demon by Givenchy.
The bottledesign is gorgeous - just my estetics - but must say the 100 ml bottle is so big - takes total domination in my bathroom - will have to buy a smaller bottle.

I am wearing it because my husband bought it for me, but it just isn't my style..it is warm, a bit oriental/Asian, powdery, nice, it has Comforting/ cozy aura, a bit mysterious...it makes me think of a geisha! I can't say it doesn't smell nice, it does, it just isn't me!! It is too exotic for my taste? I don't relate to it..

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

A more pleasant, powdery version of Coco Mademoiselle. No patchouli, thankfully.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This fragrance was not on my radar, probably because the modernistic, sculptural bottle turned me off a bit. But then a friend popped a partial bottle into a perfume swap, and here we are.

A sniff at the top nozzle smelled almost like a faint chypre, but that is not what this fragrance is. The rice note is unusual and very interesting—toasty, warm, almost nutty, subtle but not too quiet, comforting. Had I not seen rice listed as a note, I would have struggled to identify it as it is not a food smell but just a warm smell. The vanilla is also a very warm, subtle vanilla; it also is not truly a food smell—not an intense vanilla, but very gentle and almost floral. I think I am also smelling the floral notes, but am not able to pick out anything specific. I want to say that is somehow smells like a kitchen, but it really isn’t a food smell. I guess it smells homey. This isn’t “amour” as in a sexy rendezvous but rather “amour” as in the gentle, comfortable companionableness of long silences and affectionate touches. If you are looking for a soothing bedtime fragrance, this could work.

Overall, this is an incredibly well blended fragrance that is subtle but will likely be noticed. It’s sort of a skin scent, but a bit more; one of those “she smells nice” kinds of fragrances that will leave people smiling after they meet you.

Dunjica77
Dunjica77

What I am getting from this is rice, rice, rice and ton of vanilla. It is probably not for everyone`s taste, but I love it! I may be wrong, but perhaps what some identify as synthetic or plasticky feel could be from the chalkyness and bittersweet whiff of rice. Anyway, I find it rich, creamy and pretty yummy!

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

This perfume ( I have the newer one in the purply-pinky 100 ml) is one I would have happily used every single day if I had bought it before Fragrantica :) . It is very soft and shines out a kind and loving embrace. I love the soft almond-vanilla powder and rice, and sweet flowers. It fits my 'fume philosophy better than just about any other one I own. I do have to put on many sprays of this, and put it on my shirt, too. I guess it was softened during reformulation, :( . I do not get any spices or incense at all. Overall it's just a hug of a fragrance....three seasons I think, everything but summer. I'm interested to see if anyone else can smell it though ! 4/5 stars

Adia31
Adia31

Hoy lo probé y no me encanta se siente en la partida a frutos rojos, después vainilla y especias picantes. Me digeron que era parecido a Hipnotic Poison pero no me parece.

Melyche
Melyche

I absolutely love it. Makes me feel delicious. Once it hits, the way people look at me changes. Plus, it's long lasting. Good for both day or night use.

I'm not a huge fan of too floral or aquatic perfumes. So, that one totally fits with my taste.

advabart

@dioradddict, I've also suspected the newer bottles are reformulated. However, after buying a new fuchsia bottle I managed to get a 50 ml white bottle from 2008, which I believe contains the original formulation.
I did a wrist-to-wrist comparison test, but found both fragrances identical. No apparent differences in smell or longevitiy, which is, by the way, extermely poor in both - lasts about three hours on my skin.
Regarding the scent, the first hour is very powdery and literally suffocating, like walking in a cloud of dust. Later it is mainly vanilla, but not overly sweet, as the dryness is still there. On the whole, it feels synthetic, and although I quite like it sometimes, there are times when I get the feeling of spraying myself with some weird blend of chemicals.

stellalove
stellalove

I still have my bottle i brought in 07 is that the original formulation

dioradddict

it is really a shame what was done from this one... i remember very well the rich smell before the reformulation and am very sad missing it every time i wear the new one... it has no depht, no sillage,it is only a poor shadow of the original first version... you can smell it in the first half hour and then it is gone, unlikely the first version wich remained there for 8 hours... I have now a big bottle in the beautiful fuchsia edition but inside is just a faint memory of one of most beautiful creations ever, imo... so sad...
for those who complained about it causing headaches or it being too much strong and blabla try it, it may be an easier version to wear... it is perfectly suitable for summer now and daytime, like if it was an edt summer version of the first one...rip ka...
(my first KA was from 2006 and it lasted for 8 hours+ on my skin, that kind you could shower and it was still there on your wrists...)

MHJ77
MHJ77

Sweet lovely vanilla and a little spicy. I´m in heaven!

scentedrose
scentedrose

Vanilla notes are very very much intensive...causing me a headache!!!

ellaquintero
ellaquintero

The first time I smelt this i thought "Iuuugh, why would I want to smell like Play Doh..."
I seriously hated this, like really hated this.
Months later, I fell in love with Sofia Coppola's movie "Lost in Translation". I felt as if she captured myself in a movie (have you ever experienced that? it's so weird). I really loved everything about that film and I started to look for a scent that could match it. I know I'm weird for doing that.
So, I started my research for Japanese scents that had a little of a "mainstream still different" feeling as the movie. I thought that the Kenzo line had something for me.
As a vanilla and gourmand lover I thought Amour might be an option but I was not that interested in it because of my previous experience with it.
Also, knowing it had some resemblance with Hypnotic Poison, I was afraid it was too much.
But as I read the notes I fell in love, and couldn't believe I disliked it at first so I went out and sampled it again. Creamy vanilla tea... It calms me down and reminds me the good things in life.
The only thing I can say is:
-I need this in my life.
As I smelt it I thought (maybe, just maybe) I was SO wrong... this could be me in a perfume, this could be my so called signature... We'll see.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

It is a spicy adventure on Asian lands... Every moment I feel like going in a Japanese garden, where Jasmin flowers and Frangipani bloom and smile.. Its woody notes make me calm and happy! I want to buy it, waiting it at a great deal on Strawberrynet.

Tchegulay
Tchegulay

this ice cream on a wooden stick.

LisaMari
LisaMari

horrid, cloying, weird off-sweet like a stale, sticky sweet in a stuffy pocket

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

If you like this sent but don't want to pay a whole lot, I highly suggest trying Jessica Simpson fancy love. They are very similar.

The difference being that Fancy Love is a little less powdery and a little fruitier with the peach blossom.

They are both very soft feminine fragrances.

moonflower73
moonflower73

Being half Japanese I was immediately drawn to the Kenzo perfume line. In all honesty I am not too impressed with other's in this line. I was very fond of one of the first Flower perfumes that had a heavier sandalwood base to it. Which is very hard to find nowadays. That one was beautiful. However, the Amour and Indian Holi perfumes I am in love with. They work so well with my chemistry and bring out the best in my spirit. The warmth, wood, vanilla, and all the earthiness suits me perfectly. This is a very creative oriental which makes me smile. I got a lot of compliments when I used to wear this. Certain men were drawn to me. Mainly of ethnic decent. I think this is an intriguing fragrance that probably only works on certain body chemistry. If you love spicy Oriental's I suggest you give this one a try.

Teresa1019
Teresa1019

the bottle is worth collecting though.. designed by karam. am i right?

eileen.hamill
eileen.hamill

I don't usually post reviews but I have had the weirdest ever fragrance experience with this scent, so much so that I have to share!
Having read other reviews, I was sure I would like it for a soft, cosy, warm vanilla comfort scent, not too sweet, a bit "different", so I ordered it blind. When it arrived and I sprayed it on my wrist, I felt it was really weak and watered down smelling, but got faint cherry blossom, frangipani, perhaps a touch of playdoh, and faint vanilla. I was a bit disappointed with its weakness but sprayed myself liberally anyway. The smell did not intensify. I went about my business and when my husband arrived home several hours later he asked what the lovely smell in the house was. At first I thought it was a new plug in air fresheners he was smelling but he sniffed my neck, and it was ME!!! He said it was a really strong (and lovely) smell. I again smelled my wrist and got a faint whiff like before, whereas he said it was really strong! I applied the body lotion and could smell that just fine (very lovely and as already described well by the other reviews). I sprayed it on a card and again, a very faint smell. However, I left the card in my bathroom and in the middle of the night got up to visit the bathroom and the whole room was filled with the delightful smell! I thought great, I can now smell it...but then put the card to my nose it was gone again :(
In conclusion it seems my nose can't cope with maybe the big musky molecules in this fragrance, which is a real pity because when I smelled the body lotion and my bathroom it was delightful. I considered keeping it but couldn't handle the thought of wearing perfume and not being able to smell it while those around me can :(. Oh well, the search for a warm cuddly soft winter perfume continues!

kay0981
kay0981

I was really disappointed to find out about the recent reformulation of Amour. I never had a chance to try it before, and I was really excited about the 'oriental, rich, full-bodied, complex' vanilla scent that so many reviews were raving about. Unfortunately, the new version doesn't last for more than 30 minutes on my skin, and although the longevity on clothes is considerably longer, it still feels quite 'watered down', and doesn't project much at all...

I think that another reviewer on here was pretty spot on when they compared the smell of Amour to that of an expensive body butter or lotion. That's exactly what I get from this perfume – a soft, delicate aroma of a freshly applied, luxurious body lotion. It's very milky and creamy, however, the drydown is slightly more on a fresh-powdery side. The lovely rice note is very pronounced throughout the entire composition, accompanied by soft, silky vanilla.

Many comparisons have been made between this and Dior's Hypnotic Poison. I'm not sure what Amour was like pre-reformulation, but in its current state, it doesn't resemble Hypnotic Poison very much at all. The vanilla in Hypnotic Poison is done very differently to that in Amour. Hypnotic Poison is more heady, heavy, and enriched with almonds. This is more milky, creamy and delicate.

The projection of this perfume is very, very soft; but sometimes I can appreciate this sort of thing. This isn't a perfume I'd wear for a night out; it's not going to wow anyone, or be a major compliment-getter. For me it's more of a 'day-in' fragrance; perfect on a cold winter day, when you just want to curl up in bed... It's warm and comforting, like a soft vanilla blanket.... I really hated the bottle at first, but it kind of grew on me with time. Unfortunately, I still find the cap to be one of the most impractical designs ever.

If you can somehow get your hands on the old formulation, please treasure it dearly, because it sure sounds a lot better than the new formula... It's still nice and a keeper, but unfortunately, not as good as I expected.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

bojana23
bojana23

used to love it when i was a 15-year-old, but now sadly it gived me headaches :(

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

This fragrance is a moderately powered perfume smelling of a soft vanilla and rice with a back drop of powder, then floral. It is described very well by fragrantica.

Marieline23
Marieline23

Au premier abord il est similaire à HP mais après 1 minute, l'odeur du riz se fait sentir. Un riz plastique brûlé. Je préfère de loin HP. Je ne conseille pas de l'acheter sans le sentir avant.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

There is a VERY strong note of melting hot plastic in Amour. What IS that?!

It never goes away, not even in the basenotes.

It totally destroys the whole scent, that otherwise would be so nice... :,-(

CHOYÈTTI
CHOYÈTTI

A nice scent with the most annoying bottle in the world ever!

Lily2911
Lily2911

I bought it today, i am very fond of sweet powdery perfumes but i share same dissapointment of some reviewers here : it evaporates already after 1 hour !! I am afraid Kenzo reformulated it into a watered version. Expensive water :-(

nbailey9
nbailey9

I purchased this perfume originally in 2008 or so after receiving a small sample of it. It wasn't what I expected! It is marketed as exotic, but it's totally a laundry day perfume: powdery and comforting. The rice note is lovely and reminds me of my time living in Korea. I liked it enough to buy the 1.7 bottle. I didn't finish it until this year, but then I purchased another one. (This was my first re-purchase for a perfume!) Sadly, it is not the same. This bottle has no longevity (two hours maybe) and no sillage. It's fine for wearing to bed, and I like it for sick days when my nose can't tolerate anything else, but overall I'm disappointed that it no longer lasts as long. I'll give it another go in hot weather, but most likely I won't purchase another bottle. At least I got the 3.4oz for a decent price.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

It doesn't smell so much like perfume as it does a really good, luxurious body lotion or butter. I wanted something creamy or milky and this fit the bill perfectly. It's very laid back and casual, but you'll also feel yummy.

Rice isn't really known for it's smell, but you can definitely pick up on it. I love how they chose rice as a rather than a more obvious candy or food. The result softer, more sublte and less cloying than many of its vanilla gourmand rivals.

It is a strong scent full of vanilla and rice notes. Very suitable for Christmas. Smells edible and spicy.

clairele
clairele

Vanilla rice pudding! I still can't believe milk isn't listed as a note!
This is my second time dropping by Sephora's to try it on and I'm considering buying a bottle. When I first put it on it smelled faint but it surprisingly grew stronger after 30 minutes to 1 hour to reveal the woodsy and flowery notes.
I classified it as a day scent but I would definitely put it on in the evening too, on one of those cosy nights alone at home or with someone special.
It feels like hot chocolate and a warm, fuzzy sweater for your skin.

elm0505
elm0505

For me, this fragrance totally smells like a winter evening cuddled up in an armchair by the fireplace, covered with a fleece throw and holding a cup of tea or hot cocoa. The incense reminds of fragrant wood burning (not in a toxic way), hence the fireplace feeling. Vanilla, heliotrope and frangipani add sweetness, hence the hot cocoa idea, although no chocolatey notes are present in this EDP. I can also feel some rice pudding, perhaps due to the combination of rice and vanilla. And the flowery notes (white tea, frangipani, cherry blossom) add a certain "clean linen" vibe, it makes me feel like I'm wrapped up in a freshly washed blanket that still smells of fabric softener. All these ideas put together might sound weird, but I assure you, this is one of the most comforting fragrances I've ever experienced, only compared to Yves Rocher's Neonatura Cocoon. The latter having been discontinued, I think I've already found my new winter/comfort scent, so happy I found a 30 ml bottle for just 30 euros!
Edit: shame about the lasting power...Being and EDP instead of a EDT I thought it would last more, but after 5 hours I can barely smell anything. I'm the kind of person who, being passionate about perfume, likes being complimented on their scent, but no one seems to detect my perfume, which is a bit disappointing

@I_love_perfume
I also wonder how anyone can compare this to Hypnotic Poison. HP is quite sickening to my nose, and the notes are nothing like Hypnotic Poison, except, of course, the vanilla and musk.

I_love_perfume
I_love_perfume

I really don't know how anyone can compare this to Hypnotic Poison which is my signature scent. This perfume is very sickening to my nose and the notes they use are nothing like Hypnotic Poison.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

an unusual, captivating japanese take on vanilla.
is there such a thing as a green vanilla? if so, this is what i smell.
the rice in this smells like basmati and the vanilla is fresh. i cannot believe there is no almond blossom and i swear absinthe is present..where is that greenish note coming from? definitely feel like this is a mix of BBW warm vanilla sugar, YR vanille noire and Dior HP.....its almost gourmand but not quite...i find this more creamy, fresh and powdery...a perfect scent for curling up with a book on a winter evening.

annisa.a
annisa.a

I blindly bought Amour due to its notes. I've tried my "local" EDP that has Basmati rice, musk, vanille, and if I'm not mistaken also White tea notes in it. When I searched for "equal" real branded perfume, I came to this. So, I bought my amount of Amour.

It indeed smells so cozy and powdery. It isn't really warm, but I think it is still suitable to be worn on colder times. I agree that Amour is really calming.

However, I think I don't really like the frangipani notes in it.

Lali_7
Lali_7

One of a kind, you won't find anything like this anywhere. Very subtle powdery scent, and that rice just makes it special. It's very cozy, perfect for winter or fall. I love it. Doesn't last too long on my skin, but I especially like to spray my sweaters with this one making them smell great for hours ;)

I don't understand the comparison to Dior's Poison at all, nothing like it.

Berenice
Berenice

Sweet, vanilla and powdery (too much). It smells nice but its a little heavy in my skin.

artemis27
artemis27

I love Kenzo Amour; it's is my signature scent. The best compliment I ever got was when my coworker's 5 year old son came to me and said "You smell like cookies and cakes and all things nice. May I please sit next to you?" Warmed my heart :)

advabart

As I wrote a couple of days ago,I have recently bought a new 100 ml bottle, which turned out to be fuchsia instead of orange.
Much to my disappointment, longevity is extremely poor. Up to 3 hours, and almost no trail on clothes, although the vast majority of voters on this site claim just the contrary.
Could it be that Kenzo Amour has gone through a reformulation or been watered down?

deeanna
deeanna

Loved it but can't find any more. Play doh, a bit similar OK (however I don't dislike play doh, on contrary), but more subtile, soft, feminine, like very delicately parfumed fresh white rice. A delicious breeze of Asia.

MiuMiuKitten
MiuMiuKitten

Mmm... This scent is so cozy and comforting. The type of scent you'd wear even if you were sick and curled up in bed in your PJs. It has a lovely vanilla-rice pudding aroma, a bit powdery and floral too. IMO it's quite different to HP, much softer and I definitely prefer this one.

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

My favorite pajama scent.
If you ever find yourself huddled in your flannel PJs, in your favorite armchair, with a whisper soft chenille throw, a huge mug of fragrant tea, your cat in your lap and a favorite book, tuning out a stressful work week, backstabbing coworkers and a complete idiot for a boss, Kenzo Amour is what this moment should smell like.

For me, the center piece of the perfume is without a doubt the creamy rice pudding with the vanilla pod in it. The frangipanier is there, but it's pretty subtle, more like a whiff of breeze through the trees, warmed by the sun. The woods are more about texture, rather than acute smell. (to my nose at least) And the musk is all about hugs and cuddles.

Truly a super comfort scent, the kind you want when your stress level is so high even daylight hurts your skin. It's like a balm, it even makes the sounds around you softer.
This should totally be be covered by health insurance companies, lol.

advabart

Regarding the colours, I think I've figured it out.
Last week I finally decided to buy the biggest bottle, come what may...
The box I got was slightly different from the one shown above. It's all white, with a flying bird on each side, but without the orange-fuchsia shades at the bottom. As it happens, the 100 ml bottle in the newer box is not orange but fuchsia. Probably, the three colour design applies to the bottles in the original box only.
However, I'd like to have all three colours displayed on my vanity table. Anyone willing to get rid of their empty bottles?

indorm
indorm

The vanilla dry down is quite pleasant, but the opening on my skin is synthetic frangipani. It reminds me of bug spray, nowhere near the beautiful frangipani smell I love. I guess if you don't mind that and you love vanilla this might be your choice.

sensous_5877

Ps. 30ml fuchsia, 50 ml white, 100ml orange.

Unfortunately my mom (who never uses the frag.) and I got the same - I bought the smaller one (30ml) after her (she has the 50ml). We first didn't know about the colors...

sensous_5877

Such a special fragrace but I almost forgot about it.

There is the very fresh and modern vanilla, it's creamy (I guess because of the rice) and there's something that I can never describe...the mixture of green tea, the flowers in the middle note (cherry blossom, heliotope) and the incense makes it so special and different from other perfumes.
the incense and the musk give a little depth to it.

Over all I think it's an every-day frag. And suitable for almost every weather and age.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Advabart, I just rcently repurchased Amour and this time it was a 100ml bottle and it came in an orange bottle, however testers for Amour are all fuchsia and they store the 100ml.
So if you decide to buy a regular retail bottle bear in mind that fuchsia is only 50 ml and orange 100ml

advabart

Does the 100 ml bottle come in orange or fuchsia?
The 100 ml testers I've seen in stores are all fuchsia, but according to the fragrance description above, the biggest bottle is orange.
Why isn't the colour stated on the box?
I adore the bottles design, and would like to have all three of them in different colours. But I think buying a box without knowing what colour it contains is absolutely ridiculous!

VJ2
VJ2

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance!! I can see what others mean about the "play-doh" smell, but I love it. Kenzo Amour has great longevity and sillage; on me. I love the spicy incense married with the sweet vanilla. This will be a repurchase when I am done. The top can be awkward to put on but think of the bottle as "art" and enjoy!

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

I don’t know what to add that hasn’t been said already about Kenzo Amour. I’m writing down my impression anyway for what it’s worth since it’s such a beautiful fragrance. I find Kenzo Amour warm, sensual, creamy, soft and comforting, a beautifully crafted woody vanilla musk. To me this is Asian wisdom captured in a scent.

westernlady
westernlady

Initially, Kenzo Amour has a very bright, creamy scent. The white tea and cherry blossom give the perfume an energetic start. I'm guessing the creaminess comes from the rice note combined with the vanilla. It registers to me as a very comforting, sweet, powdery and soft scent. It's the perfume equivalent of a cashmere sweater, classy and a treat for the senses.

Amour falls into the memorable cozy scent category for me because of the unique combination of notes. I find myself sniffing my arm consistently, and my husband moved closer to smell me. My daughter claimed my sample for herself after she smelled it.

As it dries down, more of the florals and musk shine through. Overall, I think Amour would be a great daily wear scent. It would be especially soothing for those days where you want to feel relaxed. The longevity and silage are also very good. Kenzo Amour definitely ranks up there on my soon-to-be-purchased list.

glawarien
glawarien

This is a very interesting and unusual fragrance. Soft, powdery (but not the "old-fashioned' style), tender and cuddly (if this can apply to perfume). I find myself sniffing my wrists every now and then! Fortunately, my male friends agree (men tend to know better what suits women than women themselves). I have a very hard time with fragrances because my very fair skin exagerates most perfumes and I have to be careful. Usually I end up with something so light that it evaporates within the hour. Kenzo Amour is a rare fragrance that although it is soft and not overwhelming in flowers or spices, it is noticeable and stays on my skin for hours. So far it's been 9 hours and still going. Most dominant smell would be vanilla but not the cookie kind of vanilla, a more feminine vanilla. Perhaps it's the frangipani flower... Some musk in the end, but nice, not at all aggressive. Rice makes the whole fragrance velvety and powdery. I love powdery fragrances but most show their age (e.g. Chanel no5, lovely but feels matronly on me at least). In contrast, Amour is current and timeless. It is great for romantic evenings but can be worn during daytime too (perhaps best as a body lotion if you are very fair skined like me). Reminds me a softer version of Cacharel Loulou, which I loved but couldn't wear as it was too strong for me.

vnic
vnic

I like it although i wouldn't buy it. For me it is like a less complex version of hypnotic poison by dior. It smells a bit like play-dough on me but in a pleasant way if it makes any sense :)

onome
onome

this was one of my favourite scents.. i so want to get anoda..its really feminine and it blended well with my chemistry.. prefer this to flower though

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

My friend gifted me a bottle of this today (eau de toilette version) as she doesn't really use hers.

Initial impressions: velvety white/yellow floral petals (probably frangipani), a mild milky smooth vanillic backdrop and a wafting incense aroma. It also smells lightly sweetened.

Soft silage. Longevity in the 3-4 hour range.

I'll update on this after several tries later.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

With the vanilla in this, I definitely see the comparison between Amour and Hypnotic Poison. That said, the almond note that goes bitter and plastic in HP when it's too cold out isn't in Amour, which makes it a lot more versatile on my skin. It's a very wearable, sweet vanilla scent. The floral notes almost disappear on me, but they add a lightness that keeps it from being cloying.

Lauralee77
Lauralee77

Yep it's a softer hypnotic poison. Without that overpowering headachey part. I was hoping it might not be quite as similar as it is but it's pretty all the same. Just for me personally my phase with HP was over 10 years ago, so this one doesn't particularly interest me. For anyone new to perfumes wondering which of the two to buy I'd definitely pick Kenzo Amour over Hypnotic Poison without question ~it smoulders instead of announcing itself from a few meters away. Kenzo did it better :)

Youssef_Maggi
Youssef_Maggi

yes, it smells alike to hypnose poison, which makes it less original, than one would think. but this is softer more calm less overpowering and much more delicate.

jamie.smith

This is the ONLY scent I have ever tried that did not give me a headache at some point. I have allergies and chronic anxiety, and I think Amour and I are soulmates because it's calm and inoffensive but also has a lot of personality. Whenever I smell this, I feel instantly more relaxed and happy. I have always stuck with highly vanillic perfumes, I wore Burberry Brit Red in high school. I LOVE this. I find the 'fluffy' aspect of the initial projection intoxicating. I don't think it's off limits for summer, but I would do a little spritz at the most. I also have to say I agree with the description where it says Amour is joyful- the personality I get from it is very positive, carefree and kindhearted. I never regret spraying this on!

curlygirlpaula
curlygirlpaula

This might be strange but I've always wanted a perfume that smelled of play-doh/rice pudding. I must have it!

terigurl
terigurl

One of my favorite oriental scents. It goes well with my chemistry and has a very creamy drydown. I had to get used to the rice note when I first sprayed it. It's very strong but once it dries down it's very nice.

vanillary29
vanillary29

I've been wanting this fragrance since ages and finally I have it! Kenzo Amour smells delicious! Very soft, fuzzy, comforting, creamy. I get vanilla with a hint of frangipani, rice and musk. Cuddly warm. It is subtle but noticeable and it can work in almost every season as far as I can imagine. I love it.. But perhaps the bottle could have been a little less awkward.

Newyorkbeats
Newyorkbeats

I love this perfume, I first got it as a tester but bought the full size after that. Altough I'm not always a fan of (heavy) musk scents this one does smell really nice to me. It's very soft musk, and almost comforting. It doesn't have any sweet notes to me tough(wich is something I like). I you prefer very sweet scents I would say to skip this, or maybe try it out it might be something diffrent for you.

ariadnes island
ariadnes island

I got a sample of this from Sephora and it's safe to say that's the only condition under which I would ever have tried it. It is indeed soft, very powdery, and I do find it sweet although some others don't. The floral does evolve but the powderiness is persistent. The rice and almond aspect is nice in a gourmand sort of way, but I don't really care for dessert scents.

Lakambini
Lakambini

This is soft, gentle, powdery and, because the scent of steamed rice over almonds is so pronounced, fluffy and comforting as a childhood dessert. I love the bottle -- all three choices of it -- and the fact that although it is subtle and almost imperceptible, it lasts for hours.

The scent shares some properties with the new formulation of Hypnotic Poison, but no way would one pass for the other.

nadeschka
nadeschka

Amour has been in my drawer for several years. It was a X-mas gift from my mother, but I remember, I tried it only once. I sniffed from time to time the cap but always left it in favor of an other. Then recently after an awful day I revisited it at bed time and put it on. I was very tired and tought only about sleeping. My husband was working on his desk. Suddenly he stopped, looked at me and said surprised and a bit, well, "pissed off", because it had been several weeks since our last "encounter" : "How can you possibly think about sleeping with this scent on?!" I was like: "Huh?" He came over and started to sniff like crazy on my neck. "This smell is fantastic! Much, much better than the weird stuff you'r usually wearing! What is it called?" Me: "Amour!"

NicoleO
NicoleO

I agree with the other reviews that it smells like rice pudding. There's too much vanilla for me, although I could see vanilla lovers being quite happy wearing this. I have to say I really hate the bottle, it looks awkward and silly.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The opening of Kenzo Amour is almost creamy vanilla and rice. Yes, like everyone's already pointed out, rice pudding! There is also a slight spiciness bringing an exotic vibe.

Amour evolves smoothly. The floral notes sneak out discretly and blend so well in the vanilla. Frangipani turns a little sour on me, which also happens with some other white flowers, and I'm ok with it. Heliotrope adds a powdery aspects to the fragrance and cherry blossom revives the smooth composition.

The flowers mellow after about 7 hours and it turns into a vanilla skin scent and lingers around for another 3 or 4 hours.

This is not the sparkling love at first sight, but a love that lasts for a lifetime, comforts and supports you, makes you feel home. And the ad campaign illustrates it so well : comforting, but with an exotic vibe. The bottle is lovely. I adore the curved figure. However, once I removed the cap to spray, the elegant crane turns into a chubby hen. = =+ lol.

Though many describe it comforting and relatively safe, which I agree, it is indeed sweet. I like sweet vanilla, so it's not a problem. But I can imagine this might already be too sweet for some people. I suggest testing, especially if you usually don't have a sweet nose. Though the scent has a soft caracter, it is intense while remaining close to skin. You may not want to overapply.

urbanexotic
urbanexotic

This somehow manages to smell exactly like Play-Doh to me. I really wish that I could smell the delicate rice pudding scent that others are talking about. That would be wonderful.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Rice pudding! If you have traditional rice pudding it's not very sweet, so this is just right. It lasts really well and has a wonderful toasted rice quality, the vanilla is not too sweet and not too heavy. Even a vanilla you could wear in summer!

starvega
starvega

A very mild fragrance and not overly sweet - this is like a more serious vanilla that wraps you up in a cosy frag-blanket and makes you feel snug and warm. Vanilla is so overused in perfumes but it's done extremely well here. I don't really get any flowers, but there is a touch of something almost metallic about it (though not in a bad way). I'd be interested to know if anyone else gets that!

A very safe perfume in that it is likely that you will like it, and nobody will be offended. I don't find sillage or longevity too impressive though, which is disappointing. It is really very lovely though.

nyoka

I guess I have the strangest olfactory scent that there is!!! I can detect the faintest tiuch of vanilla and THAT IS ALL!!! It doesn't even last 5 minutes on me.Its almost like being fragrance NAKED!!! Maybe Ive burned out my nose with sillage bombs but,I swear,,,Its like water on me!!! Could b worse,,,it couldsmell like what some of u call cat pee!LOL

This is one u really HAVE to try on ur own skin.It may be heaven on earth to u but for me,,,notta.

raw umber
raw umber

Thank you so much, Vie Cafe for gifting me the mini of this in a swap.

Kenzo Amour is the sensation of spending an entire day around your childhood friend's beach house, and then going back there to rest as the evening rolls in, and finding yourself being wrapped in one of her parents' big blankets in the sanctuary of their screened-in front porch, as dinner is being prepared.

There is the peripheral nectar and hum of flowers and insects as the light fades, but your primary concern is the warmth that this over-sized, foreign-smelling blanket is providing you.

The smell of the blanket coming all the way up to your nose is slightly sweet, light, SO comforting and soft, but it is not your own, and in a certain way, this makes it better. A warmth that is coming from something outside yourself. This might be the scent of altruism.

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

Another sad experience at Sephora.

When reading the notes of this fragrance,I was hoping it would smell like my favourite "Scentsy" fragrance,White Sands.Jasmine,rice and vanilla,with an almost rootbeery creamy tinge.

Sadly,all I got from this was sweet baby powder,which I cannot stand.

Maybe on others the almondy rice pudding comes out,not so much for me.

Boo.

Siv55
Siv55

Sweet powdery vanilla. Very cakey. Everyone likes this. Lasts all day. Nice for winter.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Kenzo Amour is a soft, gourmandy, milky "rice pudding" scent. Although I am a vanilla fan, in this one, I smell vanilla from start to finish, in a linear type of sense. I blind bought it based on reviews, but I wish I had of known it was basically a skin scent, the sillage is minimal, barely noticable - almost as though you have just applied a body lotion rather than a perfume. But it is a good choice for those days where you want something soft and comforting whilst chilling at home. p.s not a big fan of the bottle, it's a bit awkward and rather boring looking. 7/10.

lily13ana
lily13ana

Kenzo amour is indeed similar to hypnotic poison in the part that i like least from hp, and i love hp; in this common part it gives me headaches.

lilou
lilou

I love it ! Its name is perfect : I feel wrapped in love. It's delicate, comforting, warm, sensual but not provocative at all. Vanilla, frangipani and rice are very present.
It makes me think of Osez-Moi Chantal Thomass or Hypnotic Poison Dior : same feeling.
Excellent lasting power.

tandi
tandi

My sister uses vanilla frags mostly and this is one of them. They are great on her. Very sensual.
kenzo Amour is one strong and long lasting perfume. True it smells like rice pudding and vanilla. A bit of this poured on my bag with my diary in it two weeks ago and every time i pick my diary I catch whiffs of Kenzo amour!
Awesome longevity and great sillage.Not for me though.

ts94
ts94

I´ve been told that i smell like cream puff or something when i wear this.
Its a nice smell..
The red one smells mostly like vanilla :D

parissa1
parissa1

I'm lovin it. Very different and sensual.
Don't like the EDT that much because the frangipani is very dominant. But EDP is just perfect.

mahawa
mahawa

This perfume is definitely different, its not your usual smelling perfume, its smells very good and its smells classy, very powdery and floral with a hint of sweetness. I just got it and am like it already

purpleribbons
purpleribbons

I usually don't like powdery scents, but I think this smells amazing! The vanilla in this goes very well with the powder and on me, it smells warm and sweet, without being sickly sweet or overpowering. Great for the colder months!

LauriD
LauriD

I really like this & enjoyed wearing it. Unfortunately I had to give it up very quickly as I realised that every time I wore it, I would develop a prickly heat type rash. Shame, as it is very pretty.

Update: So 2 years after i said goodbye to this little beauty, i missed it so much i decided to give it another go.. have been wearing it most days & no rash. Happy days!

Lidell
Lidell

If a scent can cuddle assertively, and offer you making a just perfect morning latte along with the mildest cake you've ever tasted, voilá, here she is:
The Geisha of Perfumes.

Soniadevi
Soniadevi

This is my signature fragrance, and I never thought I'd ever find one! I love love love it! Sweet warm powdery, like a floral vanilla rice pudding, but dry, not wet or goopy. It's absolutely wonderful and romantic and I just cannot praise it enough~

Chio268
Chio268

My nose loves this-a beautiful smell of warm vanilla and rice pudding. Perfect for cold winter months. Definitely one of the best vanilla based perfumes out there.

craftymom
craftymom

I do like this perfume. I bought it last fall based on the reviews that it was soft. This is an odd one. It is both soft and very loud. It is gentle and harsh. It is a sweet vanilla almond with something very spicy/hot in it (incense?) To me, it isn't a comfort scent though it is beautiful. In my opinion it isn't a quiet office scent either. It is bold and spicy, vanilla and creamy but never demure.

parfum de l'amour
parfum de l'amour

As of this week, Kenzo Amour is my new best match. Recently, Hypnotic Poison has become a bit too overpowering for me. I suppose feelings as such come with age.
Amour retains the comforting and joyous sweetness of the vanilla in HP. That is what makes me love it. However, by contrast to HP, the vanilla remains subtle and close to the skin throughout the development of the perfume. Also it blends really well with the woody note that gives it a lighter, greener feel. I think this particular feel makes Amour suitable for people who do not regularly opt for vanilla scents, but would enjoy a sweet, tender edge to their perfumes of choice.
Overall, a comfort scent, as it has been stated so many times before. It's enveloping and warm, like a lingering hug. If love were a perfume, it would smell like Kenzo Amour. The feelings it inspires are of secure, comforting, intimate, tender love.

OrbisErihtru
OrbisErihtru

Primary star's of the composition are the beautiful almond Frangipani blossom aroma and vanilla. In dry-down remains the rice-baby powder. The fragrance is sweet and tender. One of my favorite.

This is the type of perfume that you'll feel more in bursts clouds of sweet, not encumber satisfaction, while the people around you really strongly feels this fragrance, which brings compliments and positive reactions especially from the male population.

8 hours maintains its full spectrum. While dry-down lasts indefinitely, or more than 24 hours on my skin.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I am vanilla freak and for a long time i was pushing Amour on my want list lower and lower - there was always something more important i wanted. I don't understand how i could miss this beauty in my collection. Not so long ago i went straight for 100 ml EDP. So happy!
I was prepared to get vanilla rice pudding how many of you described it but it didn't happen. On me it's beautiful vanilla which unfortunately after couple of hours gets some plastic artificial vibe which is close to give me headache. But i still enjoy it a lot. Finally vanilla i can smell myself - very often happens i don't smell it myself even if it's very present for people around me (like with Vanille noir from Y.Rocher) It's very long-lasting, sillage on me is moderate.

TeddiesGirl
TeddiesGirl

This was very floral, powdery and sweet on me, and it didn't give me a headache. Very nice.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

The perfume equivalent of a bowl of warm rice pudding out of the oven. Kenzo Amour envelops you in a cloud of steamed rice, powder, and warm milk. It's like cuddling with your sweetheart under a big down comforter when it's snowing outside.

maźka1984
maźka1984

For amour I found quite by chance - the first use rejected me - I associated the with the ladies after 40, but during the day still came back to the smell on my wrist and more I loved it. Interestingly, even at night the smell was still noticeable = durability sensational.
Amour develops beautifully on the skin - it is expressive, passionate, warm and dreamy like a cashmere sweater.
I sense mostly sweet pudding warm topped with oriental spices. The smell reminds me just from the Orient and India and Japan. I got as a gift last year, white bottle. I wear Amour during the winter frost.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Opening is a little bit more of a complex vanilla with spice, rice, and a hint of floral, but on my skin the drydown is almost identical to root beer. Not for me.

glbn_86
glbn_86

creamy and floral, like it!!

babylima
babylima

creamy vanilla. warm and rather powdery. i used to think it smells nice as im a big fan of vanilla but the more i smell it the more i dislike it. i think my taste has changed over the years. i would much prefer hypnotic poison over this.

Fleurdel
Fleurdel

I don't like the scent at first sniff. It has this sickeningly sweetish-sour smell, more like incense. Before I checked the composition of notes, I didn't smell rice pudding, but I did a hint of vanilla. This isn't my signature scent. It smells too common to be memorable. It smells like you just stepped out of a bar where everyone smokes, and you have on perfume that mixed with the smoke and lingers on you.

Rice? it doesn't go well with vanilla, or incense. I would put rice with crisp flowers or just tea. I hate musk in here. It smells of a mish mash of pheromones. Too common and too forgettable.

taboo2287
taboo2287

rice pudding with vanilla <3 so warm it's like a little fur blanket that keeps u warm and calm... so simple, so beautiful.

Marilulu
Marilulu

It smells like "arroz con leche" and vanille. I would drink it if i could.

Part 4
Cat licks wrist for twenty minutes.

Part 5
Wake up and realize i smell Dior Addict all around the house which I had sampled at the same time on my left wrist (the one the cat found delicious).
So I was right and this is soft and subtle. Sillage is a but soft, but nice. Dior Addict was hanging everywhere else in the apartment even after I had showered. Buying this ASAP. Never buying Dior Addict. No more parts to this story. I promise.

Part 3
about another ten minutes later
-All I can smell is perfume!
-Sigh. Do you want me to wash it off??
-Fine. But I'm still buying it.

Part 2
Fast forward half an hour:
-That's strong!
-Ughhh!! I can't even smell it!
*meow*
-Even the cat is complaining it's too strong!
-Sigh. But I like it...

Liquefaction

Wearing this for the first time I really enjoy it. Conversation with the boyfriend:
- That's really strong
- You like it?
- Not really.
- Oh. I like it. ...I can barely smell it.
- It's all I can smell!
Booooo! Unfortunately we don't see eye to eye when it comes to my perfumes.

sensous_5877

Oh mmmmhh this is so different! Such a balmy rice-y soft-powdery vanilla scent.
I love it, but I must be in the mood to wear it.

PS: Just be sure which bottle you buy/the sales lady gives you !! packaging of the amour-line are pretty much the same...
!
My mum loves kenzo amour eau florale, unfortunately she bought the 50ml of amour first. The 50ml bottle of amour is white and has the same beautiful sleek bottle as eau florale (eau florale bottle is white and translucent). I didn't know that she bought amour before me and I got the 30ml of amour (which is the same bottle only that the color is berry purple) .... :(

rossicatia
rossicatia

Buonissimo! avvolgente e caldo e rimane tutto il giorno! Lo ricomprerò!

CORCOR
CORCOR

ADORE this unique perfume, only for those who love strong but vanilla musky type perfumes, its not like any perfume I have smelt before.

Strong notes of sandlewood and vanilla really musky and milky, almost reminds me of a taboconist that sold JUST that with all the flavored tabacco's - I mean this in a gorgeous scent way - this is a must smell, you will never have smelt a perfume like it before.

The amour floral is NOTHING like this I bought it on accident instead of this and hated it there totally different ends of the scale but same box and bottle - do not get the floral version.

daredevil

Very sweet very powdery very travelling not so fresh not so floral.winter fragrance for lovers of heavy sweet perfumes, brings me my high school memories especially travelling for winter skiing vacations with friends

Skye Wortley
Skye Wortley

It's lovely, very sweet and powdery. I think the strongest notes are vanilla and frangipani. They both have a very lovely smell! Kenzo Amour is wonderful in winter, it is warm and sweet and makes me dream... I love it's sensuality and gentle notes.. One of my favourite perfumes!!!

jamie.smith

I have been looking for a woody-floral fragrance for a while now but everything I tried before was too sharp, watery, or musky. I normally DO NOT like fragrances with vanilla or musk in them. I decided to try this again after fondly remembering it one day, and I am IN LOVE. It sits pretty well with my chemistry and definitely has a calming effect on me. Interestingly, this also does not irritate my skin, nasal passages, throat, or sinuses. That's a first! I will definitely be purchasing a bottle of this.

what a lovely fragrance...
sweet, feminine,warm, perfect for winter.
a must have for vanilla-lovers.

annettepe
annettepe

this is a very pleasant scent. it really does remind me of the Dior Poison. its such a cozy, warm and comfortable fragrance. its very strong on the vanilla and has faint floral notes in it too which i think is the frangipani. i have never smelled rice notes so i cant really detect it.

marietita
marietita

I would buy this just for the bottles

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

Kenzo Amour is absolutely delicious, and to my nose far, far better than Hypnotic Poison, to which so many compare it. It has good longevity and sillage but is nonetheless soft and calming. The vanilla and rice powder combination is pure heaven. Indulgent, but not sickly. 10/10.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

This fragrance makes me wish Fragrantica had a "Meh" choice in there with love/like/dislike. It's alright...just doesn't do much for me. Opens with a floral rice-y scent and doesn't change much until the drydown, when vanilla appears. Someone else mentioned Playdoh, and that's exactly what I got out of it, too. It's not a fragrance that I dislike...it's just not one that I much like, either.

Ragzin
Ragzin

wow i've got a sample of this and it smells exactly like grandma's hairspray, not cozy at all

Mebster
Mebster

Too bad my skin hates it. My chemistry turns it to a bugspray scent we have here:(

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

My sister owns this and while I initially loved smelling it on her because the fragrance is like a double-intensified version of HYPNOTIC POISON, it's too overwhelming even with 2 sprays.

There is an off-putting note in this one which refrains me from wanting this since I adore HP. I think that this fragrance is quite unoriginal actually!

desdemona7
desdemona7

Gorgeous and sweet, but not overly so. My favourite Kenzo. Last a long time and evolves nicely. Very feminine and comforting. One of my favourites of all, quite similar to Chergui but softer and more mellow. If you love Chergui, you will love this.

soonflower
soonflower

Everything had been told about Amour.

Powdery, sweet and creamy, milky and very comforting.
Makes me feel safe, calms me.
Just like aromatherapy.

Got another bottle.
Can't live without it.

somethingbrighter
somethingbrighter

Gorgeous powdery vanilla, milk, tea, rice notes; a comforting, relaxing, elegant scent.

nadia11
nadia11

mmmm...i love any perfume that has lovely notes of vanilla. By most of these comments, im going to buy myself a bottle. Sounds divine. Cant wait to try it on my skin.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

To my nose Amour is a beautiful clear floral with light spice and vanilla, the perfect mix for a light and unusual floriental. It does become powdery in the drydown, but it never smells dry- it remains warm, soft and comforting. I find this to be very Japanese in its structure- clear, architectural, yet soft like the silk of an antique kimono. It's a garden where the tea ceremony is being performed and there is the faintest scent of rice being steamed in the distance. I would wear this in any season. A real beauty and my go to comfort scent when I want to relax or when I've had a rough day at work, Kenzo Amour smooths out all those rough places. Aaahhh.

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

I like it, would be really happy to get a decant of kenzo amour

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

This may be my new favourite perfume!!!
The only perfume my boyfriend loves on me as much as I do. I smell only good things and have experienced none of the negative scents others have listed.
Love Love Love

digitaldiva
digitaldiva

This is a beautiful fragrance. Light, sweet but not cloying its a soft spicy floral that radiates deliciously without being over powering. I like that it is distinctive. This is a scent I can tell apart. There is a note that evokes heliotrope or narcissus, then a faint rose. Its hard to pinpoint. The sugary powder is wispy and dries down to what could be a trace of vanilla. Yet none of the notes clashes or turns. Its good for all seasons. Long lasting and comforting it can be worn lightly in summer and richly in cooler months.

It doesn't make me sneeze or cough and the aftertaste is petal like against the tongue. I wear this extremely well. I recommend it to other spicy floral collectors.

daredevil

Was my fave fragrance for a long time it brings in the air something of asia, and maybe too powdery and sweet for me now but still it is a special perfum i love it

Lazaro
Lazaro

kenzo amour is my all time favorite fragrance...i am a men who wear womens parfums...all the time i receive compliments from others mens and womens when i wear this sexy and delicious fragrance....
remind me my part of my childhood when everything was just happiness...love...questions and discoverssss...

ladykicks
ladykicks

This is my all time favourite perfume. I love it and tend to overlook my other bottles in favour of Kenzo. Its a no brainer repurchase for me. Smells spicy, woodsy and citrus.

Sassy1
Sassy1

All I can think of when I wear this is powdered cinnammon milk, if there was such a thing. It also has the incense of Silk Way and something that reminds me a little of Casmir as well.

It isn't loud, but definately has some radiance.

As of right now, I'm on the fence...it seems a little mototone. Will update later.

pihlaja
pihlaja

This is really smoky vanilla on me and so heavy that it screams "headache" to me (I only tried it on my wrist). Such a shame, I find it very interesting scent among all those vanillas out there. A bit too powdery for my taste, but if you like powdery scents and vanilla, you definitely have to check this out.

Jennimcg
Jennimcg

This smelled exactly like play doh on me. I guess if I was going for a sexy kindergarten teacher scent, it could work...

mandasue5
mandasue5

This perfume was super powdery, which I absolutely hate - it smells like baby powder or deoderant. I was so overpowered by the powder smell that I didn't even care about any other tones in the scent.

nearfantastica
nearfantastica

Rice pudding..this is EXACTLY what this reminds me of. However I don't feel as though I am a walking lunchbox..this scent really is very lovely, it isn't a sickly sweet vanilla like so manu new scents out there. This is soft, inoffensive, cozy. Great for cooler months, I can't see wearing this in the heat..maybe in a rainy day. It isn't a sexy scent but I find it very comforting...I keep smelling my wrist :) I love that it is fairly long lasting, it isn't a heavy scent but it is noticeable. I think I love this :D

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Very vanilla-bean rice pudding type of scent on my skin with some powdery notes. I have a friend who wears this and smells lovely on her but its just too sweet for me. I would describe this as a modernised classic. It has aspects of a classic powdery vanilla i.e. Shalimar but with more modern notes.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

I'm perplexed at why I don't love this more. I like every single note listed. I love vanilla. I love rice. Maybe it is the combination, but this actually is making me feel a bit nauseated yet its not even strong?! So strange, but at least it's not something I feel I need a full bottle of....

ralucucky
ralucucky

Wonderful perfume. Definitely on my want list for this fall.

hermyonee

it's very gentle, nothing too seductive, but yet sensual, in a smooth, clean, calm way. For me it's the ideal stay home, "mommy" fragrance, the one I love to wear for the free time with my little boy. It's powdery, almost tender, I really love it,and it's one of my regular must have.

caline
caline

smells very nice but quite unusual ! it smells like play-dough ! :P

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

Warm creamy vanilla with plumeria in the beginning, and the vanilla continues along with a subtle powdery amber for hours after. I love my vanillas and had my eye on Amour for a while. This was my third time testing it, and today I knew that I had to buy it. Bonus: the 1.7oz bottle I bought turned out to be fuschia, the color I wanted.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

This is lovely, soft and feminine.

Yes it smells very similar to Hypnotic Poison (which is one of the reasons i wanted this) but this lasts much longer and is suitable for any occasion, anytime time of the year.
The bottle is a work of art!

lbean
lbean

I blindly bought this without trying it first (I was seduced by the vanilla) and huh - not for me. It's too powdery for my liking and I get a lot of rice and incense as well. It's quite an exotic scent to me. I also find it pretty strong and way too warm for the Rio-de-Janeiro-hot-weather I live in. Just not my cup of tea.

sparkling9
sparkling9

I like the scent but it is no way long lasting!I used to spray ten times at once but after an hour pooogh it's all gone.

valentinaahoney
valentinaahoney

I really like vanilla, which is the main note in Kenzo Amour , so I'm in love with this one. It's seductive, soft, creamy, woody and a bit flowery but not too light or too fresh, which makes it very sensual; it's persistent and still young. I always get asked what perfume I'm wearing when I use it and I get lots of compliments on it.

Hejjdy
Hejjdy

Can anybody tell how long it lasts on the skin ? :)

Psyquart
Psyquart

Fresh, sweet, vanilla-y and girly. Very non-offensive while still remaining unique and detectable.

Olefact
Olefact

It's Love's Baby Soft with the tiniest of changes. How can so many of you have missed it? I like Love's so I enjoy this as well, but c'mon, this scent is practically a prototype for the powder fresh niche.

windswept
windswept

Rice pudding heaven..

Kenzo Amour is an interesting fragrance. It's soft and warm and comforting.. very feminine, very changeable. The opening is odd to me but it develops beautifully. I'm not much for vanilla scents but I'm almost tempted to purchase.

joliecat
joliecat

Kenzo Amour is all softness, expertly richly blended : soft florals, soft exotic spices, soft woods, soft light incense, soft powder that drys down to gentle oriental spiced creaminess. Wears very close to the skin, so soothing, calming, cozy, delightful and beautiful. Gently sweet, but not too sweet. Very long lasting, especially if sprayed in your hair, where it will stay until you wash it out.

Great one to wear to eliminate stress and anxiety. Kenzo Amour can keep one calm , focused, relaxed and serene , even in the most stressful situations. A beautiful escape, perfect for pleasant dreams.

Merlinrumpel
Merlinrumpel

Its vanilla powdery sensuality, soft & sweet. Goos lasting power, lovely simple bottle. Great choice for an everyday perfume, its not a headturner in a party.

Alamkyu
Alamkyu

I never love cherry blossom. This isn't for me. It doesn't smell like hypnotic.

PerfectionHunter
PerfectionHunter

I just bought this fragrance today - after searching high and low for the perfect oriental vanilla. If you like the soft basmati rice of Hugo XX, the powderiness of a classic vanilla Anna Sui Dreams, minus the sharp fruitiness of a summer gourmand - then this is for you.

I think it's perfect and I have to commend people's descriptions - it is like a floral rice pudding and is amazingly soft, milky yet fresh and uncloying. This is definately my signature scent :)

lulu7898
lulu7898

Smells like snuggling with puppies and kittens under a freshly washed blanket on a cold day. That is great in my book...Very cozy and smooth. Not a vanilla bomb.

brettashley
brettashley

Perfect creamy vanilla and cherry blossom scent. Rice and frangipani come through for me, but I'm too busy inhaling the lovely vanilla to, er, think about other notes. I wore this for almost two years straight through college, and it's definitely one of my favorite winter comfort scents. I tend not to touch the bottle when the weather warms up, but on cold rainy days, I reach for this one. Great lasting power; a spray or two and I'd often find myself catching whiffs of it throughout the day.

I actually got quite a few compliments on this perfume, but eventually stopped wearing it because I wanted to try other fragrances. There's nothing wrong with slipping into Kenzo Amour every now and then though; it's the perfect scent to wear while cuddling. (Even if you don't have anyone to cuddle with. Kenzo Amour makes you feel loved. Cheesy? You betcha.) I'll definitely keep a bottle on my dresser.

pacciosa
pacciosa

.... ho appena comprato la mia seconda bottiglia di amour... è veramente amore tra me e questo profumo, mi piace da matti è dolce goloso e sexy lo adoro!!! Budino di riso profumato alla vaniglia, è da leccarsi i baffi!!! i love it

Loabud
Loabud

This scent is so soothing... I smell a so natural vanilla, no gourmand, mixed with rice and fangipani, feels like a hug. It is a perfume, in my opinion, that smell doesn't offend the others around. You will never displease using it. Goes well both morning and night and in different climates, here in Brazil it evolves incredibly on hot days, but I think it could be so much better if used in the fall / winter.
The staying power is around 6 hours, which is good, but I think it could be much better for a Kenzo.
I do not think so much like hypnotic poison, but it resembles in some notes, they follow the same path of evolution, I think the hypnotic poison more refined. But perhaps it could be a substitute.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Pleasant vanilla scent; creamy, sweet, powdery, warm and light.
Most prominent notes are: vanilla, heliotrope and rice. There are some other nice flowers there as well in the background. This is simply soft n' cozy scent, can be worn anytime. Hangs around for 5 hours, pretty good:)
Vanilla lovers should check this one out!

tonni
tonni

I have it,rich,smooth,sweet,warm,very vanilla and vanilla,like lots of frangipani flowers added on vanilla rice cake.

A lost twin of Dior Hypnotic Poison.

danielellarbysanchez
danielellarbysanchez

Kenzo Amour is sexy, special and very romantic. Everything about it is just perfect; the aura, the callibration and the advertising.

Great perfume!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This opens very sweet and I can immediately see the resemblence to Hypnotic Poison. But this sweetness is vanilla and rice pudding, not the bitter sweetness of almonds that HP has. But like HP on my skin this gains a play dough scent quickly that ruins the middles stages for me, very irritating because the dry down is great, sweet, lightly floral, with the creaminess of rice. I can feel the presence of the heliotrope in this as well, with the powdery sweetness. Staying power and sillage really great. Even without the play dough scent, this is still a bit too strong and sweet for me, but if you like HP you will like this a lot I'd say, though I think HP is more cosy.

edwards
edwards

Used to like it a long time ago, but now I find it very sickening just like Kenzo flower.I'm also not a lover of cherry blossom.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I love the frangipani opening , which unfortunately doesn't last very long . Then comes the strong vanilla , and the rice note which together with the musk note makes the little difference with Hypnotic Poison which makes Kenzo Amour more calm , more "zen" .
As many of you have noticed , it is very close to Hypnotic Poison , really .
But still, crazy that 2 so resembling perfumes are marketed differently !

Lucialuz
Lucialuz

Pure vanilla. Much better than Hypnotic Poison, which smells like annoying almonds and oakmoss.
Kenzo Amour is the real vanilla, the real pudding!
So sweet and also so soft! Wonderful!

floof
floof

I can totally see the hypnotic poison comments, but this is slightly different. It has less almond, more of a floral scent with subtle vanilla and rice. It becomes increasingly less difficult to smell the difference after a few hours in to the drydown. The Kenzo is very soft, quiet and slightly sweet where as HP is in your face with a ton of almond a a similar vanilla. I have a travel size of this and fb of HP, I prefer the HP but this is a lighter alternative for sure.

The steamed rice with light florals is very unique blend actually, I haven't seen this it is not just generic. This one is meant to be soft and flat out pretty. Like but not love for me.

If I had to pick one it would be HP, it being stronger and full of coconut and almond as apposed to rice and soft florals, but that is totally personal preference. It is completely non-offensive, relatively inexpensive and safe for work. My favorite Kenzo as of now, simple, a bit sweet and lovely.

megank4

very nice, it is the perfect stay at home fragrance for me. i spray it when I arrive home from work.

tosu
tosu

Just got this one in the mail and im allready in love with it,soft vanilla and play dough which i love.
This is imo the day time version of Dior Hypnotic.poison, wounderful and sensual.

hermyonee

one of my favorites, along with Hypnotic poison Dior, of which it appears to be almost like a more gentle "twin"; but kinder, sweeter, nothing too seductive, like HP, simply nice to wear, comfortable. I like the spicy, rice notes over the soft creamy-vanilla nites. very nice, the best from Kenzo.

Soft and intensive at the same time. I get the Vanilla, Frangipani, rice and musk most om my skin. Less is more, 1 spray will make you smell good for several hours. 3- 4 spray gives you a great partyscent, a bit heavy but at the same time fresh. you have to be a vanilla-fan to love Kenzo Amour.

Mjuk och intensiv på samma gång. Jag känner vanilj, Frangipani, ris och musk mest på min hud. Lite är lagom. 1 sprejning gör att du doftar gott länge dagtid. 3-4 sprejningar ger dig en härlig partydoft som är lite tung men samtidigt fräsch. Du måste nog vara ett vanilj-freak för att älska Kenzo Amour.

reignydaze
reignydaze

MMmmm yum, Its Play-doh. I always loved the smell of Play_doh.

sparkybish
sparkybish

Snuggly, soft, and sweet, Kenzo Amour fills my desire for a gourmand perfume, without smelling overtly like food. The whiff of PlayDough in it's wet stage is an interesting invitation to sniff again. And sniff again I did. The PlayDough fades, but the soft vanilla that remains is delightful. I want to spray it on a scarf and have it swirl around my head all day.

katiushka
katiushka

I tested a sample by wearing it to an evening dance party. I couldn’t have chosen a better option! It smelled like mystery: not a dark one, but a good and alluring one, like an oasis with fragrant flowers hidden in a desert. It is subtly sensual yet refined, creamy and elegant yet exciting. This perfume is not a bold "femme fatale" smell, but it grabs attention just the same. My mom couldn’t stop sniffing me, and my dad remarked that I am emanating “a mist of dreams”.

After reading the reviews about the perfume smelling like rice pudding or tic-tacs, I was expecting something much less refined. It’s not a gourmand, however – as a matter of fact, I don’t smell any food at all - this perfume has class! Definitely a buy for me. Do try before ordering it, however- it has a personality which might not suit everyone.

Also, the notes bloom only a half-hour or so after application – I couldn’t smell anything the first 15 minutes – so be careful not to over-apply.

brindlegirl
brindlegirl

this is probably one of the only perfumes I pretty much get compliments always, without fail!

Its sweet without being to 'sugar/fruity sweet'. Its a great winter perfume as I find it too heavy for summer.

Smells vanilla powdery, sweet, yet mystical. Amazing. A real stand out and attention grabbing perfume!!

alyaa
alyaa

This is one of the perfumes that I have been wearing since it came out. I love most Kenzo perfumes and this one is no exception; warm, comforting, flowers, powder,vanilla rice pudding, yummy- A wonderful mix with lovely sillage and very long lasting on my skin. As most people here have said, this is almost a toned down HP . Its definitely not a work scent but I find that Amour can be worn day or night as an occasion scent.

Lynn-zg
Lynn-zg

Yummy, delicious, sweet, warm, youthfull. Pefect for cold days.

malecita
malecita

This is a nice scent but in my skin smells like a mix of soap and powder. Still smells nice but spending to smell like I've just had a shower..

zielona
zielona

Cosy, sweet and delightful. It's so easy to love and wear, and even thought it's very popular fragrance [which I don't like] - I feel comfortable in it ;]

Amour smells like milk pudding/rice dessert, with vanilla syrup and wine-red cherry on top. I love the distinctive smudge of incense in base, very soft and sweetened. It gives this perfect spicy aftertaste.

Lorenna
Lorenna

I have it, but I wouldn't buy it again. Too much vanilla, too sweet, sometimes gives me headaches. the bottles are lovely,though.

lettyb76
lettyb76

Kenzo Amour is my favorite of all the Kenzos I have tried (I have also tried Indian Holi and Le Parfum). This one makes me want to take a nap with a teddy bear. It smells almost like a dessert my mom used to make when I was a kid. The scent is very soft and unassuming.

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

This is the warmest, softest, snuggliest, fluffiest perfume on the face of the earth. It's obviously a vanilla fragrance, but it doesn't smell like sugar cookies. It smells like glorious warm blankets and rice pudding. It also smells slightly of play-doh! I would say this fragrance is very unique and romantic. I highly recommend this fragrance for dates and romantic encounters. It will turn you into a cuddle magnet.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Extra light and lovely, Kenzo Amour edt smells like steaming vanilla rice pudding. When I was a child, this was the easiest treat to make... just boil white rice in milk with sugar and a sliced vanilla bean. Voila, desert is ready! Well, this smells just like that. Sometimes I would find this treat a little bland so I would add some grated chocolate on top, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Well, Kenzo Amour is slightly sweet, slightly bland, milky and vanillic, just like my mom's rice pudding. It could use a little kick...some extra flavor.
A confort skin scent that doesn't last long, doesn't project strong, and can be used anytime, anywhere. Delicate and almost gourmand.

kimee
kimee

A lovely perfume! On first spray I was quite shocked at the similarity to Hypnotic Poison. However, that quickly faded away to be replaced with predominant fragipani and powdery notes with a bit of milky/vanilla rice in the background. The overall scent is delicate and yummy.

Unfortunately fragipani and I don't go well together. I tried this and hoped for the best but my usual headache appeared instantly. I used to have a Frangipani tree in my backyard and the same thing used to happen when I smelled the actual flower. So annoying because I adore the scent of Fragipani. Such a pity.

LDani
LDani

this is why I love Kenzo perfumes, because they always come out with unique and memorable scents, just like this one. Amour smells very warm and calming and it makes me want to travel to exotic places like Bali and rural Japan. It's like a piece of heaven in a bottle and I will have to add this in my fragrance collection

luxatron
luxatron

I tried Amour Indian Holi first, expecting it to be like Indian spiced rice pudding. Unfortunately for me, Amour Indian Holi is actually a bright fruity floral layered over incense and little bit of plain rice pudding. I loved that rice pudding note, so I went ahead and tracked down samples of the original Amour and Amour Le Parfum.

The original Amour is like that rice pudding note in Indian Holi amped up with powder and frangipani, but little else. I smell vanilla, rice, milk, powder, musk, frangipani...it's certainly a delicious combination, but it feels terribly plain (although not ordinary). In my opinion, this perfume needs a bit of something else: cardamom? saffron? incense?

Amour is just a bit too simplistic for me, I'm afraid, and the powder in this can be a bit overwhelming; overapply and you'll have your coworkers choking. I think I'd want to try a larger decant first before committing to a full bottle of this. Or, perhaps this is one of those scents that works best layered with something else.

Here's to hoping Amour Le Parfum might be more up my alley!

rosecat
rosecat

OMG I'm so glad I found this, and it was via the comparison to "the different company *Pure Virgin" which I absolutely adore but sadly cant afford. Hence I tried this on and it was love at first sniff!
It really is very different has its uniqueness. At first it smells like sweet sticky rice pudding, then mellows into this ever evolving sweetness on my skin a bit complex with candy, creamy, sugar, powdery, vanilla and helitrope/tea and so soft, snuggly yet so very strong!
Lasting power is Excellent, 2 sprays and its all around me and keeps going on forever, that what I want in my perfumes - lasting power.
It is a "Gourmand" edible pefume. I think this will be my signature for a while to come :)
This is one for the lover of "sweet" Gourmand edible perfumes.

Explorer01
Explorer01

This is way Heavy perfume to me, It does have similarities to the smell of playdough as a previous person said, very very SWEET. I don't like the smell. Not for me.

megank4

When this first came out, it was much too bland for me. But after a few years of wearing KenzoFleur, I tried this one and really like it. It is sweet, innocent, something for just being quiet at home.

Lumiere
Lumiere

Vanilla, a bit mysterious dry down, musky and powdery but light. Stays close to skin. Tried as romantic scent for the night-nice. However I have other favourites for that purpose at the mo-more so with flowers, spiciness. Will have to try this perfume again later. Absolute favourite of one of my friends.

edit> Tried it again.It's a potent personality. I must say now I do have association with balmy humid nights of the orient. It also reminds me of this sexiest scent of some southern people's skin, which I think comes from type of food they eat, such as rice and coconut, thai basil etc.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Kenzo is a unique fragrance house. Love this scent. Play Doh, Frangipani, Syrup and rice milk. Love love love it! It reminds me a bit of coral flower by Lolita Lempicka because of the frangipani. Unique smell, not many people like Kenzo, I don't get that, they make different perfumes, like Thierry Mugler. I love them.

DancingVeggie
DancingVeggie

Rice pudding, vanilla, Play Doh, warm and spicy like a Rice Milk Chai Latte.

Breath fashion
Breath fashion

This perfume doesnt smell sweet on me it smells like playdoe and flowers ...my boyfriend hates

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Kenzo offers an option of three bottle tones, all of which suit this fragrance. Fuschia, represents the sensuality and allure of the perfume. White, represents the creaminess and orange is the tone that represents the life and temperature of the fragrance. It's warm, sexy and racy. I should add "edible." Aside from Hanae Mori, there isn't a floral woody musky oriental more attractive than this.

BURMA
BURMA

I absolutely love this Kenzo Amour (white & Orange bottles)! I bought it at the airport in Thailand the moment I smelled it. I could smell the Thanakha paste scent we put on face daily in Burma. It is just amazing. The first time I smell the perfume with Thanakha in it. Just love it... The scent reminds me of home and childhood. It is unique. People who notice this scent love it. You have to try it on your skin...

Nathalia
Nathalia

I have to say I don't like it. Alas, it could have been perfect. To me, it's just boringly sweet and powdery.

Sorry for all the Kenzo Amour lovers, but something seems to be missing in the composition, maybe some kind of spice or fruit (or something else) that could build and reshape the fragrance into a great perfume.

I hope they did better with Kenzo Amour Le Parfum...
___

Malheureusement, je n'arrive pas à apprécier celui-ci. Pour moi, il ressort simplement sucré et poudreux.

Quel dommage! Je suis vraiment désolée pour tous ceux et celles qui aiment Kenzo Amour : ce parfum aurait pu être parfait, mais il semble bien qu'il manquait quelque chose à cette composition; quelque chose qui aurait pu la restructurer et en faire un parfum absolument remarquable!

J'ai espoir qu'ils ont fait mieux avec Kenzo Amour Le Parfum.

mimi88
mimi88

OMG i love this, so vanilla ricy.. i 've avoided kenzo perfumes after smelling that horrible flower i'm so happy that i gave this one a try

Louw
Louw

I should like this because I love all the individual elements of it. However, somehow all the different notes are lost in a homogenous sweet, generic floral. Too sweet and indistinct for my taste. Beautiful bottle, though.

Migalex
Migalex

Not bad. Very similar to Omnia Amethyste. I am surprised that the notes are so different.Omnia amethyste is nevertheless much better, much better defined fragrance with much better structure. Amour did win a fifi award, though.

maeculpa
maeculpa

Remember that ad in the seventies for deodorant "one day Emily went to the pictures without her Mum?"

Amour is well named because it is about love, but to me it is not romantic love but mother love. It is like a hug from my mum, who never wears perfume. Like milky rice pudding comfort food. It is spicy but I don't think there is anything sexy here at all, just uncomplicated old fashioned Mother love.

There are plenty of sexed up perfumes out there so this does not have to be one of them. I know where my milky methaphors are leading but I don't need to go there either.

I like the way it seems to hover about me and I like the powderiness of it. It is a simple, beautiful thing.

Necabel
Necabel

Por fin pruebo una muestra de perfume que me encanta! No me había fijado en ella pero una dependienta me ofreció una muestra al decirle que me gustaban los perfumes que tuvieran permanencia en la piel. Me ha gustado muchísimo, tiene un aroma exquisito, una combinación perfecta de vainilla con el resto de la composición. Resulta un aroma sensual, cálido y romántico. Sin duda lo compraré.

***

Finally try a sample of perfume that I love! I had not noticed it but a clerk offered me a sample to say that I liked the perfumes that were remaining in the skin. I liked a lot, has an exquisite aroma, a perfect combination of vanilla with the rest of the composition. It is a sensual scent, warm and romantic. I would definitely buy it.

username123
username123

Warm, comforting, exotic, soft scent. Would love to wear on a weekend in fall.

angel3198
angel3198

For some reason, when I tested this scent it reminded me of coffee. I am not a coffee drinker so this was def not the scent for me.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

This is one of the best vanilla fragrances I've ever smelled. Rich, creamy, with a hint of sweet amber; this is very comforting, but way more than just a typical comfort scent. Kenzo amour is just after Habanita and Tocade on my list of my favorite vanilla perfumes.

soulflwr
soulflwr

Sorry this one was kind of boring to me. I wound up using it as air freshner, which btw worked better, my room smelled so good!

So to me, this is too soft to be a perfume, maybe a body lotion or room spray, it has more of an atmospheric feel.

missymary
missymary

If I liked perfumes that smell of marzipan and play doh, then I would love this one! It's a masterpiece of the gourmand school, butter-smooth and delicious warm candied almond all the way through. It lasts well. It's got a big feel-good factor, as if you were inhaling the sweetened air of a beautiful bakery, but it's so cosy that it's not sexy.

Weird but wonderfully coloured and shaped bottles that hint at some sort of Indian vase? Don't get it at all, but it's better than a boring old square flacon.

Oh poor me, I don't like the soft warm cupcake-take on gourmands at all, so I shall never buy Amour, yet I shall admire it from afar, as I waft around in my cool dark anise and lavender Lolita Lempicka.

5***** this is my signature perfume :x

D_D_T_L_V
D_D_T_L_V

Reminds me of Hypnotic Poison so much! But what differs between them are a) H.P. is much stronger, and b) there's a bitter powdery note in Amour that really takes over, and I like a lot less.
However, the bottle is gorgeous.

This is a softer and more complex version of Barbara Bui's perfume. There is a dry quality that separates it from many other vanillic/incense fragrances, as well as a kind of diffusion, which means it doesn't come across as a cream or paste (it's very hard for a fragrance to not becoming irritating after a while if it has this quality, at least to me). It's not too sweet and I consider it unisex (and in fact more "masculine" than plenty of "men's" fragrances, including A*Men). There is just enough vanilla to detect it, yet not enough for it to cloy, which is what happens with most vanillic fragrances (to me). I don't get a strong tea note, but there is at least an impression of a bag of dry rice. Unlike some dry fragrances, this one has a kind of dynamism between dry and wet elements, and there's also a slightly cool quality that seems to help as well. I've been looking for this kind of fragrance for a long time, and this is the best so far. Angel Schlesser Pour Homme was too woody and not complex enough for me. If this is too strong, consider diluting it. One spray to the chest is all I need from this one. Longevity and projection ("sillage") are great. I've only tried the EdP version.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

I'm wearing this on my hand right now, and I guess I can only contribute my experience with this to a bad reaction to my skin, because how else could so many other people love it? On me, there's this weird green and bitter note in the middle of all this creamy sweetness, and smelling it is like eating custard and discovering a piece of broccoli :((

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

I liked this perfume since I was in highschool but couldn't afford it. So I'm celebrating now because I finally got it! It's really creamy on my skin,kind of soft but with great staying power...

maricuchi
maricuchi

i really like it, but i´m not crazy about it. its sweet and woody, kind of spicy too. nice vainilla and calm woods come to mi mind when i think about it.

aray
aray

If you were to take one part Bvlgari OMNIA and one part Dior HYPNOTIC POISON and add one part water, this is what you would get: Kenzo AMOUR.

Not necessarily bad, in fact, it's like taking both of those sillage bombs and making them office safe, everyday safe.

Personally, I prefer the boldness of the two formerly mentioned scents over a "safe", watered down version, though.

artsymom
artsymom

I really enjoy Amour- it's one of those comforting "warm hug" fragrances. Soft and powdery and very mildly sweet; not too much vanilla or flowers, very light but present.

I could be wrong, but based on my memories, I think this reminds me a little bit of Love's Baby Soft by Dana from the 80's. Did anyone else feel this similarity?

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

This is interesting... At first sniff I immediately am reminded of several perfumes I've owned before. Hypnotic Poison, Curve Crush, and Heartbeat XOXO.

Sweet vanilla, musk, powdery florals, and baking spices. It's a pretty combo, easily pleases, but its been done before.

A warm, soft, and pretty perfume. I smell the rice very distinctly, which I love. It reminds me so much of Love by Chloe. In a way I like Love better, but I think I like Amour better as time goes on and the perfume develops on my skin. I don't find this perfume to be very original. It's kind of just a typical "nude" or musk scent with a hint of vanilla.

Unlike many others, I really hate the bottle. It's awkward and weird looking, and I just can't find anything pleasing about its design.

gabrielamisa
gabrielamisa

I'm really in love with this perfume. I'm quite picky WHEN it comes to perfumes,but this one is really adorable. LOVE IT!!!!

Merci
Merci

I really adore this perfume.It is rather persistent smell and my hair keep this fragrance for a long time.I think this lovely sweet perfume is suitable for autumn when you need something warming and relaxing

Perfume Goddess
Perfume Goddess

I absolutely love this perfume! I have never been as inlove with a perfume as much as I am this. I have always worn perfume but there is something about this perfume that I am addicted to. I cant wait to put it on and I can't leave the house without it. It is a vanilla/floral that last forever on me that makes me feel gorgeous and everyone compliments me on it when I wear it even my partner can't get enought of it. I cant really explain it's beauty but I love this perfume more than any other EVER!

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is realy gental.
somehow i expected this to be a little stronger smelling , but this is so soft and gental . hardly notasable in away. offcourse you can smell the Vanilla ,heliotrop and frangipani , but it is so gental that i can hardly get it.
It has a little play dooh touch to it , but not as much as Hypnotic Poison for instenc.
i like it , but it is to playn an simple to get a whole bottle . a little disapointed . but im glad i dident blind buy a whole bottle off it.
I like strong scents and long lasting . so this is more for the shy and gental people i would say:)

tiffanykimwagner
tiffanykimwagner

I'm not a big Kenzo fan.. I actually hate flowers, but I actually like Amour and I would purchase it.. I think this is the only successful fragrance by Kenzo so far...

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I was wearing this this the other night, and right after I sprayed it, my 16-year-old son wandered into the room and said, "What smells...like Play-Doh?"

I told him I had just put on some perfume, and asked him, "Do you like it?"

"Well...yes. I don't smell Play-Doh any more."

So there you have it. The kid who thinks all perfume smells like either shampoo or cat pee actually *likes* Kenzo Amour.

walkinroundtown
walkinroundtown

Smells like rice pudding, which I love, but I have to pile it on to be able to smell it and it doesn't last on me. Otherwise, to me, it's a nice rice pudding gourmand that's not sickly sweet.

derkargy
derkargy

It is a very special.relaxing fragrance.Franzipani along with rice and vanilla makes the difference.

liliqvita

I love it! I have it with body lotion too! So strong and delicate same time,vanilla scent I love it!

Killercolours
Killercolours

Oh wow, this one really surprised me. First whiff - sugary slimey thick pastry-like foody yucky gooey vanilla. Yeah, something like that. Then I decided to wear it for some reason (don't even ask why), and that really made me understand it.

Foody scents usually makes me feel a bit sick, food should be on a plate and not on your skin. However this milky, creamy vanilla is so well balanced up with dry wood and spice it becomes an interesting element without needing to be drowned to work for me. On my skin there's no licorice to this either, so it's basically just a spicy, peppery, woody vanilla. So good I got myself a full size. Still surprised though..

orchid_84
orchid_84

Quite nice. Basically a peppery vanilla scent. It smells much like the opening notes of Dior Hypnotic Poison (when the plum and caraway spice make HP somewhat bitter). Amour definitely has that warm vanilla - bitter spice quality to it. A bit soapy in comparison to HP, but not so much that I dislike it. I enjoy Amour, but I think there are other spicy vanilla orientals that are more unique and more suited to my chemistry (i.e. Dior Addict, Hypnotic Poison, L de Lolita Lempicka).

duskangel101
duskangel101

i love the smokey sweet opeing, but too bad that only lasts around 10 minutes. After that, it is the same licorice scent as lolita lempicka EDT, which i don't care much for.

mamiman
mamiman

This reminds me of sakura mochi (cherry blossom rice cake in Japan).

saramarie88
saramarie88

Vanilla Vanilla Vanilla. I smell it and i think of Asia. Its amazing, makes me feel warm and cosy

ariyah
ariyah

Kenzo Amour es uno de mis perfumes favoritos. Es un perfume limpio y dulce. Me huele a arroz con leche, a vainilla, a ropa limpia, a jabón, a especias asiáticas. Me evoca muchos aromas y matices diferentes y me encanta. No es nada empachoso ni intenso. Para mí es el perfume perfecto para diario, es un olor muy agradable y dulce, muy especial. riquíiiiiiiisimoooo!

suzielawrence
suzielawrence

Let me start out by saying I think Kenzo smells beautiful. It's warm, sweet, but not overpowering. Then my husband ruined it for me. Here's what happened:

Me: Smell my wrist.
Him: Smells like a white tic tac.
Me: WHAT?
Him: I like tic tacs (shrugs).

Now every time I smell it I think about tic tacs.

angelapaul
angelapaul

I loved Kenzo Amour the first time I tried it, and bought it to wear as a less intense alternative to Hypnotic Poison. I smell it as a warm musky vanilla scent with delicate and calming elements of flowers and warm milk. It feels like a sweet treat just for me, one which does not overwhelm or give me a headache, but others do notice it. I wore it on my wedding day as it makes me feel happy and loved.

feleeni
feleeni

Men will drool.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

Warm, sexy scent, smells abit like hypnotic poison by Dior.

ujhb
ujhb

I own the white bottle, which the sales lady told me includes white chocolate as one of the notes.... It doesn't smell chocolatey at all. It's still a nice scent and what I like about Kenzo is the sweet smelling perfumes don't smell cheap. It's sweet but powdery / milky, vanilla and rice / white tea steam, that's what sets it apart from the usual. There's a difference between frosting from betty crocker and homemade, vanilla pod split, whipped, airy frosting. Kenzo has quality.

perlaj
perlaj

warm, sweet and persistent

Daredevil flame!
Daredevil flame!

Kenzo amour is kind of strong woody and really sweet..It is not my first choice but i like the oriental scent of it!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I received a sample of this perfume. It's innocent, sweet and comforting scent smells like baby powder. I find it similar to L'instant magic by Guerlain.

marrojas
marrojas

This is like one of those classic "must-have" fragances

anristeyn
anristeyn

Beautiful frangrance, very sexy and romantic... i love it.

bathsheba
bathsheba

This perfume is gourmand with a capital G, in spite of the description as woody floral. It has a heavenly type of vanilla, usually I find vanilla boring, but this one is some unusual blend of exotic flowers and ice cream vanilla that for me is a delightfully softened, exquisite version of the Angel/Lolita Lempicka vibe. Not everyone's vibe I'll admit, but for the fan of special and rare gourmands it will not disappoint.

This is quite nice and loved by many , because it's easy to like it. I test-sprayed it several times and the vanilla and cream was getting on my nerves. It was too sweet-watery for me. I couldn't have it around me all day.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

I was a really big fan of vanilla fragrances, and in a way I still am. When I'm in the mood I'm happy to wear Dior Addict. I bought this one because it smells very similar, but costs twice less, but ended up dissapointed (maybe because I don't go crazy about anything that has vanilla in it like I used to). To me it lack the depth of Addict, it's like a watery version of the Dior frag. It also has a slightly sickening note (I blame frangipani). So this one ended up as a toilet freshener. Sorry, Kenzo!

MMC
MMC

Esse perfume é o unico que eu achei parecido com o maravilho Roma laura biagiotti.Kenzo amour é muito confortavel,verdadeira baunilha.Será minha proxima compra de perfume.Também sinto um cheiro de arroz mas muito sutil.Para ocasiões especias.Recomendo

sophie_lovex
sophie_lovex

i love the bottles from kenzo hihi ^^

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

First time writing a perfume review and I feel this one deserves it. This is honestly one of the best perfumes I've ever had the pleasure of smelling. I ordered it online without having tested it first, because I was looking for a new fragrance and had read many good reviews about it. Living a fair distance away from any reputable stores that sell good perfume (such as Myer), I went by the reviews and purchased, wondering if I had made the right decision. A few days later I opened the package and lifted the cap off only to have the most delicious, soft scent reach my nostrils and I hadn't even sprayed yet. Kenzo by Amour is a delightful blend of creamy vanilla and rice pudding notes with a powdery touch. I smell undertones of something spicy in the mix but it works well. I suggest wearing this in the winter since it is quite a warm smell as opposed to fresh and fruity. For someone who does not normally purchase scents with woody or powdery notes, I find this one to be extremely well done. Only very little is needed and it lasts a long time for me.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

Powdery, romantic vanilla,sweet flowers. Clean and sexy at the same time.
I simply love it.
I'll keep Hypnotic Poison for winter, this is going to be my signature frag for the summer.

Pout
Pout

This perfume makes me feel sooo sexy... On me it is very powdery and soft. Lasting power is great. I want it now, I think it is good for summer.

Eos
Eos

Weirdly this one smells like play dough, flowery and powdery. Smells good, if a little strange, but is not wearable for me.

Tulip211
Tulip211

Warm and delicious. Amour indeed. Rice pudding, Vanilla, and a hint of spice. TO me, It is reminiscent of Hypnotic Poison, minus the poison.It lasts forever, and makes me sniff my arms and wrists all day. I call this one a personal scent, because it lingers with me all day and it is a perfume that I really wear solely for myself. I am almost surprised when someone compliments it because I forget others can smell me too. I want to keep this delicious smell, a secret between me, my nose and Kenzo.

Angel10
Angel10

Amazing scent any time of year!
In winter, is warm & cozy & calming & soft yet strong.

In summer, it reminds me of the smell of the summer sun, suntan lotion, and walking to the outdoor swimming pool, and the smell right before you go inside and smell the chlorine. I like it better than Fire Island & Bronze Goddess for the summer feelings it evokes.

First time I smelled it I pictured my red & white mesh bag I carried my towel for swimming lessons in, my multicolored leather harachi sandals, Hawaiian Tropic oil...the GOOD one in the deep brown bottle with gold lettering, with a touch of "Body on Tap" shampoo (the one with the green label...BEST shampoo smell in the world along with the old 'Scruples' blue shampoo)....and NO sweat smell like Bronze Goddess.

Great stuff...lasts long....never offends.
Warm sensual sweet woody.

Ettex
Ettex

Kenzo Amour is a long-lasting soft yet prominent smell. This scent makes me love cherry blossoms that do smell like cherries and flowers. It makes me like incense. The vanilla is here. There is such a comfort factor here along with uniqueness. I love this fragrance. The design of the bottle is darling and modern, yet slightly less than half of the bottle is the top. So, it is a bit unwieldy.

nannaje
nannaje

This is a beautiful scent for winter. It is powdery, warm, cozy, sensual and vanilla without being gourmand. It has the perfect balance between vanilla and flowers. This is the perfume that made me discover my love for frangipani in non-gourmand scents. If you like it, but think it is a bit too powdery, try Kenzo Amour L’eau instead - adorable!

Mizz K
Mizz K

It's a very soft creamy vanilla scent. To me it is like a softer version of Hypnotic Poison eau Sensuelle.

krissycat
krissycat

Milky Vanilla.. yum.. very soft scent and luxurious at the same time. Now I understand reviewers comparison to being wrapped up in a cozy blanket on a cold winter night. I love this a lot and it does provoke memories of calmness and serenity

sofababe
sofababe

I'm in love with Amour!!!

Its just divine, smells so good I could drink it!

Amour is incredible!!!!!!

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

For me it smells like cream or lotion with a little sweet and it's not the kind of you're wearing perfume. Flowers aren't obvious and I feel strong baby powder in the drydown . Amour is suitable for the mood of relaxation because it's soothing,gentle,soft,and comfortable scent. I think it can be worn in all weathers even in hot days because it's not strong at all.

vlann
vlann

It has a very intense 'milky' aroma mixed with steamed rice plus tea leaves, and it's very soothing.
This is truly a masterpiece considering I've never smelled this scent on another fragrances.
When I wear this, I got a lot of compliments saying that I smell nice and sweet in a very calming way.
This perfume is indeed sweet, moreover it's actually inoffensive, making it perfect for day or night wear (I got no problem wearing it at noon).

Very recommended and the bottle is pretty artistic, will make a very good antique to be displayed at your dresser.

misssimi

for me it's a masterpiece!!♥♥♥

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

i agree with a previous review, kinda smells like play-doh. this perfume didn't do it for me. I didn't like it at all. just heavy play-doh with a touch of vanilla. i couldn't smell anything else. indian holi was kinda nice, i like that one a little, but not enough to buy either.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I don't know why I didn't really care for this, it wasn't bad persay just didn't "wow" me.

mil1991
mil1991

i can smell only vanilla icecream..thats all.its not sweet but its creamy

sofiii
sofiii

Warm, gourmand, with a touch of cooked rice smell and a trace of baby powder cooling and powdery sensation is the beginning of Kenzo Amour.

It is intriguing, and makes me can’t stop but sniffing, however, it’s not the type of all positive intriguing, I find it a little bit weird and cloying, somewhat like a Britney’s Fantasy minuses all the sweetness and then overdosed in baby powder without too much of the typical baby powder soapy/laundry clean smell.

Later on, Amour smell like a warm rice cake plus a little bit baby powder, or an equivalent of Lolita Lempicka’s Lolita Lempicka without the liquorice notes, which makes me feel quite melancholy rather than the Amour in the name.

The final dry down is actually quite comfy and cozy, like hay and a little really discreet vanilla touch.

Amour isn’t what I expected what Amour should smell like, it lack something airy, something sparks to be amour, however, it’s not a bad perfume at all when applied with a light hand, Amour can be like a nice cozy blanket when you just want some perfume to remind you grandma’s hug, comfy food in winter and things with those essence.

ccj36
ccj36

Very nice fragrance. My all-time fave is Burberrys (the original), and Kenzo Amour reminds me of it, but much sweeter, much more vanilla. Since I already have Burberrys, I gave my bottle of Kenzo Amour to my mom, who *LOVES* it.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

to me, this scent is like a warm hug.. in the sense that it's cozy, it's with me subltly all day long, and it does makes me feel pretty. not sexy or childish, but that, pretty (:
and sometimes it's just what you need.. it is a gorgeous and gourmand fragrance that points out:" better things can be simple".

it does capture a perfect zen state right on spot, and what i do love about this fragrance is that some of my favorite notes are with me in all stages:
frangipani and cherry blossom come out to say hello and only leave when the scent desapeers at the end of the day, vanilla comes out about an hour later " yeah right, just to make us awaiting" but who knew that this 3 elements could have such a wonderfull marriage?
me neither..
with about 4 hours , i do detect some green notes and some orchid, not to make the gourmand site less intensive, but to make it sunnier, and fresher!.. but i might be wrong since they are not listed here. but that's what i get

i love this little treasure, and this potion makes itself easy to love... and even my best friend didnt gave up until i told her what was i wearing :D

loesje234
loesje234

I really liked it, but my husband told me I smelled like a walking vanillacake!
I thought that was what men liked, but apparently my man is different..;-)

Powdery, woody, vanilla, jummy!

Marvella
Marvella

Another exotic masterpiece by Kenzo.A piece of mind in a bottle.Amour is pure aromatherapy for me:well balanced,sensual,calming.Soft and smooth,like silk.I adore this harmony of notes:delicate,gourmand vanilla,heliotrope and cherry blossom.It's a little spicy and milky.Very addictive.I can't stop sniffing my wrists,whenever I'm wearing it.Simply beautiful.
The svelte bottle is a piece of art itself.

Matin
Matin

I don't know how smells frangipani but this perfum seems really interesting, I would define as a musk-vanilla-oriental. Gently dusty, intense period, a deep and relaxing scent. Has something strange, not define, remind me to rice milk ... not whether they will contact the floral notes with vanilla and musk. That note is that breaks the scheme and make me last. Interesting, different for certain times it is very fragrant to some but it feels nice and comfortable.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Love it! One of my top 10 all time favourite perfumes! It is so delicate, soft and fluffy. Love the vanilla! I don't find it overpowering at all. It is pretty subtle to me, very sensual and intimate. Lasts for a very long time - I spray it before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, I can still smell it.

I would love to try Kenzo Amour Body Lotion. Has anyone tried it and what did you think?

imoore
imoore

The creators could not possibly press more vanilla into this scent!
I propose a new name:
Vanilla de lux!

aelias
aelias

I like this a lot, but why would I buy this? It is quite similar to Kenzo Flower (which is beautiful), but there is no way this will last for more than an hour. If you looking for an oriental, chances are you are looking for something that will make a far greater statement than this one.

lisa_k
lisa_k

There is something very musty about this fragrance that reminds me of my grandmother's attic. Not for me.

justpeachy
justpeachy

Oh, my. So very different on the tester strip than on my skin.

On the strip - Kenzo Amour is described as a journey: It begins at soft, sweet cherry blossoms and frangipani, and within a few minutes am taken to a musky, warm steamed rice scent, with a steady dark wood undertone that strengthens over about half an hour. At the end of the day, I am left with rice and vanilla, with just a whisper of cherry blossom still playing along the strip, powdery and sweet. Notable throughout the fragrance is a sort of milky "wetness" that makes the perfume so dreamy and inviting. Warm, wet, sweet, subtle, comfortable and intriguing. A lovely rainy-day scent.

On my skin - PLAY DOH. I cannot believe how much it really smells like Play Doh. It's nauseatingly heavy and unpleasant. I have scrubbed my skin with detergent multiple times to no avail!

Vegas0310
Vegas0310

I smelt this perfume on a friend on holidays and wanted to have it ASAP. It's a stunning scent and very different to popular scents that are being worn by my friends at the moment as they all seem to be wearing DKNY pure or euphoria. It's sexual, warm and the kind of perfume that you could wear day or night. I love it!!!

brendaG
brendaG

I LOVVEEE this perfumee!! it's addictive!! <3

Carnelian
Carnelian

I find this to be awfully light for a floral woody musk - the woods are faint, just doing what sandalwood does, which is add some dusty-powderiness to the base. It's very pretty and pleasant, with light flowers over vanilla-musk and powdery woods, good for spring/daytime, or those easily overwhelmed by heavier frags. It at least has a little more personality than scents that smell like dryer sheets. As someone who loves intense vanilla scents (and has many,) I am not certain why folks keep getting such strong vanilla from it. It's a sweet frag, but the vanilla here is delicate.

Later update: We're now into winter, and unfortunately, it goes quickly into sweet woods - getting lots of what smells like cedar now that wasn't so potent before - kid of like a delicate floral perfume sprayed into a cedar chest - and it's burying the other notes. This might be better for warmer temps, I think.

swedeangel

Amour,hard to find the right words to describe it.Amour is your perfect Asian Geisha,soft,delightful,polite,beautiful and very well mannered.
The whole scent in its building of notes,reminds me of a japanese teahouse,with thin beautifully painted paperwalls,soft burning insence ,rice in small cups eaten with sticks,and a classical teaceramony upon that.
Its smooth as silk,creamy and soft.
Its gracious,mild and so beautiful - maybe the most beautiful scent ever.
10/16/10 02:14:41

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

Sugar milk and steamed rice. What I imagine a cold, crisp winter day to feel like under a white cherry blossom tree in Japan. It's a really silky smelling fragrance, if such a thing exists. It's oriental and sweet, a little gourmand and a little woods. Sorry Gwen Stefani - I know you tried to capture Japan in your Harajuku line but you were way off. Kenzo Amour is on target. I recommend this for winter wear; day or night. Snuggle up with some green tea next to your fireplace and enjoy. Simply beautiful.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

It is just DIVINE! I got addicted and just can't stop using it....
This fragrance is very gentle, it's like a silk scurf that floats around you and slightly caresses you. I love KENZO, they create wonderful fragrances!

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

I get a lot of initial similiarities between this and Dior Addict. They both begin with a playdough note and a big woody vanilla note quickly reveals itself in both. Then, these fragrances move in very different directions. Kenzo softens with a beautiful mouth-watering gourmond vanilla with light powdery breezes blowing in a subdued, lightly bitter almond warm wood note, while a gorgeous delicate cherry blossom occasionally reveals itself. This is almost powdery stunningly beautiful delicate fall/winter/rainy day scent.

bolla2909
bolla2909

Loooove it! It was a love at first sniff :) It is soft and warm and I always get a compliment when I´m wearing it ;)

me2nour

take it easy my dear,, noses smell perfumes different form person to person & we're not all experts
it's not a crime to smell two perfumes alike & maybe it's my skin that shows vanilla in both of them the same!!!!
but I'm very much sure that I don't have a Vulgar taste in my perfumes
& thanks any way!!!!

me2nour

Am I mistaken or it's almost like Hypnotic Poison? :)

kankine
kankine

WOW!!! Grrrrrreat, love it!!! So pure and so elegant. And I love the bottle. I agree that Kenzo Amour is one of the best.

Kenzo AMOUR bears the signature base made famous by FLOWER: vanilla and musk, but here the vanilla has been ratcheted up to produce a strangely sweet yet still clean baby powder-like scent, in contrast to FLOWER, which reminds me more of fresh diapers.

AMOUR, like FLOWER, is obviously a comfort scent. The florals here have a kind of creaminess but are also fairly indistinct to my nose and seem more like metaphors than actual notes, covered as they are in a layer of clean vanilla-musk powder.

Although this composition is certainly wearable, it seems more like a linear zen scent than a perfume to me. I detect neither development nor depth. These sorts of fragrances strike a balance between the clean craze (which reaches its extreme limit in the CLEAN line) and a trend--which I associate with and which may have been initiated by Calvin Klein--of synthetic but pleasant anti-perfumes.

andrew85
andrew85

this amazing vanilla scent, smells almost exactly like Hypnotic Poison by Dior... smells exactly, for me this is unisex and very sensual in a soft way... very yummy creation from Kenzo.... i love this...

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Kenzo Armour EDP is an incredibly powdery yet refreshing scent. It brings to my mind the feel of being freshly showered and powdered up to the wazoo with earthy floral scented talc. One of my favourite feelings in the world. A bath is not complete without a sweet cloud of talc wicking away any residual skin dampness in my ever so humble opinion.

Somewhere towards the drydown though, I encounter a strange green Lily-of-the-valley-esque type sharpness. I feel the white tea is involved in this trickery somehow. It is quite discreet but also somewhat disruptive. I think its purpose is to pull the emerging vanilla back from the brink of becoming too sweet.

Overall, a very charming fragrance which has earned itself a second testing.

Sweet pink florals and powdery vanilla that does smell just a little like rice. But in the end,it dries to too much wood with super sweet vanilla. Sharp woody notes and powder with the sweet sweet vanilla get up my nose and kinda hurt. Another Kenzo that didn't work for me. (Indian Holi turned NASTY on my skin. Flower is lovely.)

daria79
daria79

I love this one! I had it twice, it is very warm and sweet perfume with lots of vanilla and rice aroma. It feels very comfortable to wear it different time of the year, it helps you to relax and feel calm.I think I will bay it again:)

Anorton1965
Anorton1965

For the past few weeks, I've been trying many different frags. So, my poor nose has been on overload. I needed a break, so tonight I put on one of my fav scents. I'm in my jammies, relaxing on the couch, getting ready to enjoy a nice cup of spiced tea. And Kenzo Amour just helps me achieve the level of comfort, peace and relaxation.

Someone said earlier that it smelled like baby powder. Until I read that, baby powder wasn't what I'd thought of, although it does have a powdery scent to it. But it's a little more complex than that on me. I can smell the hint of floral, and a tease of musk.

It's definitely a close to the skin scent, but it's a comforting frag. Designed to be intimate, and to be worn during intimate moments. Who wants to be distracted by their fragrance during those important intimate moments?

It's also good for those moments when you just need a break from all those in your face lovely bold fragrances.

It's one of my favorite scents and something I will always have in my collection.

andreeasimona
andreeasimona

E un parfum pe care l-am avut, l-am folosit cu placere si sunt foarte incantata sa-l am din nou. Il recomand cu caldura!

arb368
arb368

This scent reminds me of my grade school gym teacher. Working (mostly) outdoors in the Florida heat, she used to liberally apply Johnson’s baby powder to keep dry and smell fresh and clean. Kenazo Amour is a POWDERY scent. On my skin, it is not a floral that turns powdery, nor a powder-tinged musk. This is definitely not an unpleasant scent; it reminds me of perfume by Dana called Heaven Sent that I used to wear when I was in middle school. Would I purchase this fragrance? No, I can smell like powder for a lot less money than a bottle of Amour costs. Would I wear this if received as a gift? Yes, it is soft, feminine and calming.

moonwalker
moonwalker

This perfume does not react good with my body chemistry :(
On me it opens with strong vanilla. Then it changes into something really really sweet and boring that wears close to skin and disappears withing 2 hours. Too bad for me I guess.

Cereza
Cereza

Oh my, I read all the lovely reviews and can't understand what my skin is doing to this perfume. On me in opens like a sharp brandy blast, then goes to metallic notes, then disappears completely and returns with something so quiet and shy that I feel it only when I push my nose up close to my wrist. No, no, no. Which from the notes does that with my chemistry? I can't understand, but I must know so such mistakes would never be maid again.

On the bright side - the shy part is actually good. But not good enough to suffer trough the opening part.

Annica
Annica

Whoever succeeds in creating such a wonderful scent with so few ingredients must be a genius. There is nothing else to say. Flowers, musk and vanilla in a wonderful combination. It is so special and therefore I think it will be a classic.
Amour will always have a place on my shelf, and also in my perfumeheart.

nyoka

I have written a review b4 but it was the toilette and I did not like ir.The parfume is another story.When first sprayed it will make u close ur eyes and inhale,its like heaven! the beautiful almond blossoms and cherry blossoms combine to make a exotic,erotic scent that is like no other.It has a creamy,milky musky middle with just a KIss of vanilla for spice.There is thefaint scent of insence but,its just enough to bring out the exotic zest.IT lasts a long time b4 the soft sandlewood amber drydown.FRom beginning to end,pure enjoyment.PLease,get the parfume tho.ITs totally different than the toilette.

hhmmgood
hhmmgood

Love it love it. I want to try Dior Addict cos apparently they are similar and I need a nice evening perfume that is not the typical crap out there.

nickflick
nickflick

I thought I would love this one but I don't. The cherry blossom vanilla combination is a little too sweet and light for me. I prefer something more
refreshing and spicier like Bvlgari te au
rouge. Amour reminds me of au rouge a bit
with its tea notes though te au rouge has more oomph and can easily be worn in all
seasons.

NZsarah
NZsarah

I love Dior Addict but discovered after a few test tries that I just couldnt wear it - something in it just did not react well with me and I got headaches after about 10mins, even with the samllest spray. Today i tried Kenzo Amour and YUM to me it smells pretty much the same as Addict, but softer. I have gone a whole 2 hours with no headache, infact I am loving the creamy vanilla, its the kind of smell that could be mistaken for a natural scent, someone who just magically smells that amazing all the time, effortlessly, ya know? haha I mean it doesnt smell overly fake or strong or something so exotic it is clearly out of a bottle. I am stoked now after being so disappointed about Addict - and the price tag is a bit more appealing also :) win win!

Casi
Casi

Kenzo Amour is one of my favorites. On my skin, Amour bestows a beautifully floral, creamy, delicate sweetness. The first time that I tested it, I was puzzled by it's unusual scent. At that time, my nose had grown accustomed to the countless fruity florals and aquatic scents that I wore from my teens into my mid twenties. Believing that it wasn't for me, I put my sample away and fell asleep. The next morning, there were whispers of this scent wafting all around me. From that moment, Amour was imprinted in my mind forever. I fell in love with this most interesting perfume.

This is a fragrance that I can see myself wearing for many years to come. I am impressed with both the composition and longevity of Amour. Amour's dry down is equally as enjoyable as it's opening and heart. This is remarkable, considering so many perfumes fall flat in the base.

I find Amour to be quite versatile, as well. I can wear it alone or layered with another perfume. I have layered Amour with Amour Indian Holi, to create a more intense, berry-infused, spicy scent. If I want a bit more of a clean, floral scent, I layer Amour with Kenzo Amour Florale or Philosophy Amazing Grace. Kenzo Amour is a staple in my collection.

Daniholland
Daniholland

ok,I'm a Kenzo fan. Love his airy,poem,intimecy,zen kind of feeling I get everytime I smell his fragrances. He works on me like aromatherapy. Amour is not that airy, not fresh, it is definitely an winter scent but he still manages to make me feel protected,special, feminin when I use it. I can not stand vanilla scent, way to havy and sweet for me, but the vanilla in Amour is like a warm hug in a cold winterevening

Vanilla77
Vanilla77

This is my current favorite- so gorgeous. Prepare to receive compliments when you wear this perfume. Kenzo Amour has a cool sweetness about it. Love, Love it!

mandi
mandi

This was part of my prize from the generous Sky.

Creamy, rich and smooth kenzo amour is a truly decadent fragrance; somehow I think it would probably be better described as an oriental vanilla scent.

It smells like milky rice pudding made with a very generous amount of vanilla and a pinch each of nutmeg, clove powder and cinnamon (although i don't see any spices listed here i can cleary smell them).

Floritica64
Floritica64

Amazing fragrance! Does anyone give out awards for the best perfume of the year or something? This perfume, "Kenzo Amour", would likely be given its deserved accolades. I'm pretty sure. Hello?

chemicalideas
chemicalideas

This is truly beautiful. It is so unlike what I usually wear (I gear towards citrusy scents) and I normally hate vanilla in perfumes as I find it is over done and sickly sweet most of the time, but this perfume gets it spot on. The frangipani is wonderful and I love the mix of cherry blossom, white tea and vanilla which creeps in slowly after the opening. I think the key to this perfume is the way the notes subtly emerge- subtle creamy vanilla is more attractive than brash sweet vanilla in my opinion. I love it!

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

I SO LOVE THIS! It has to be the combination of frangipani and vanilla or something because this is a HIT with my nose.

selinum28
selinum28

I like this perfume a lot; it has already said that it is enchanting and wearable. It is about love, accomplishment, true joy. However, I am getting bored of Kenzo perfumes. Amour reminds obviously to Eeaux de Fleur with vanilla, Indigo reminds Kenzo, Ca sent Beau reminds Elephant, or viceversa. Le monde and Tokio are cousins, etc. I know that the problem is mainly nominal, and that Kenzo is somehow a very arty brand that likes to express some ideas; however, it is a bit disappointing to find one time and another the same basic smell, not only the same feeling or the same style.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Everything was said about it, good and bad and every description given... I for my part love it, it wraps me into a warm blanket of security and comfort. I do not believe a minute these few listed ingrediences are all that's in there... I'm convinced it has a secret!

alicektn
alicektn

Amour is how romantic silliness smells. A childish, adorable ,spontaneous act by two lovers. Their relationship is deep, warm, comforting, but there is also enough liberty ,playfulness and a wish to explore the world together.

I love the rice note in this ,enriched by the vanilla and incense, subtly powdered by the tea. On my skin it's not very strong,it's rather soft but still smellable from others. I believe this is the vanilla scent I have been looking for.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Amour is a unique little creation by Kenzo. I only own a small bottle of this and I don't wear it often because I find it can easily become too sweet and overwhelming for my tastes. But when the mood strikes--and if it is applied with a delicate touch--it's quite a comforting scent.

On me, Amour is a sweet, milky rice scent that dries down to delicate wood notes and powder.

I definitely smell the traces of frangipani and cherry blossom in the top notes, but those fade quickly on me.

I love the wood notes, the incense, the creamy steamed rice, and powdery amber in the heart. The combination of these notes is my favorite part of wearing this perfume; it's delicate, elegant and beautiful.

The dry down fades to a powder/wood/vanilla. It's quite soft, but again, only when sprayed on lightly.

This is a cool weather perfume for me, and best for nighttime, worn for comfort or for sensual allure.

mocha43
mocha43

I love several of the Kenzo scents and possibly, I love Amour the most. Smells wonderful from first spray to dry down and is pleasantly long lasting. My daughter also loves Amour. I gave her a bottle and she thinks it is one of the most beautiful fragrances she has ever used.

nyoka

i like the totally woodsy accord this brings out with my chemistry.soft,sweet,milky woods the color of birch.its texturized like wood also.smooth,hard,soft,edgy.this is a different kind of fume.it is not ur everyday fume.IT IS DIFFERENT with a creamy,milky vanilla base

misswhite130
misswhite130

This was bought for me as a gift and i've loved it since! People always ask what i'm wearing and compliment me on it - wore it on my first date with my boyfriend and it constanly brings back memories when i wear it. It is a completely unique fragrance and smells unlike anything i've ever worn before. It is a heavy perfume, and a couple of sprays suffice, but the warm, woody scent is just amazing.

Kenzo Amour is really lovely, beautiful in fact.

I had actually imagined something stronger, more bold and heavy as Kenzo's interpretation of love, however this fragrance is flawless. Delicate and predominantly powdery, its subtlety is very likable.

I am a big fan of powdery fragrances as of late, especially powdery vanilla scents. There is something very feminine and comforting about them. Kenzo Amour's softness is pleasantly unobtrusive to both the wearer and the people around you.

While the vanilla and musk really do feature in this fragrance, other detectable notes, such as frangipani and Japanese cherry blossom, gives Kenzo Amour a somewhat exotic feel.

The overall result can be described as creamy and alluring. I disagree that this is just baby powder, I think it has far more substance than that. I really enjoyed wearing Kenzo Amour and I thought the lasting strength was simply outstanding. Another great Kenzo offering in my opinion.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

This does not smell like Hypnotic Poison. If you smell them- one on each arm, you will see they do not smell alike.

rotorres
rotorres

VERY light vanilla/woody.Smells pretty good but I was having to hold my wrist or shirt to my nose to be able to smell it.However, when I was cooking dinner the heat from the stove made this perfume come alive and the smell was wafting quite nicely.So I think it will work very well for hot weather.As for being a sub for Hypnotic you will be disappointed,I like this perfume, but it cannot hold a candle to Hypnotic.Dior smells better, stronger, and more expensive.

Allinug
Allinug

I got a little sample of this perfume and tried it on me but I agree with others, this perfume smells like Hypnotic Poison.

swedeangel

Increadibly beautiful and enjoyanble! So soft and smooth,the vanilla and milky rice is soft and smooth,not too sweet,the cherryblossom and frangipani is not too heady either. together it makes a very beautiful picture of the far east - i adore it!

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

OMG!!!I adore this parfum,this is number 1 for me,its very soft and sensual and every time I put it on me I feel really special!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I would get this if I didn't have Dior's Hypnotic Poison. To me, they are the exact same scent. I like Dior's bottle better, though.

narcotic
narcotic

It smelled so good I could eat it. That is not a smell I want on my body, however. I don't want to eat myself!

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A warm and comforting powdery vanilla exquisitely well blended with creamy musky and woody notes. Very similar to Hypnotic Poison by Dior indeed but without the disctinctive almond note. It works well with my body chemistry and I find it very wearable and suitable for most occasions. The staying power is also a big plus. The bottle is bulky and hard to handle, though.

liliqvita

Today I taste it and fall in love.I love vanilla is my favourite note ,so Is my №1 fragrance to byu it! It remind me the summer and I feel like I am close to the sea( here now is raining and the temperature is close to 0°C degree)and the sun is shining...I love it!!! :)

samsara1977
samsara1977

I don't know what's wrong with this scent, but I loved it when I sampled it. Bought a bottle and used it once on my skin. It gives me a headache and ther's no other smell in then vanilla (a very unpleasant kind).
It stays unused, every now and then I give it a try, but my opinion doesn't change. I do believe that it can smell great on another person, but not on me. I do love the bottledesign!

sashenka
sashenka

This taught me not to have preconceptions...I got it as a birthday gift and was reluctant to even open the box since I was convinced from descriptions/reviews/notes that I wouldn't like it. But I can only resist the temptation of a new box of perfume on my table for so long...this was such an instant memory rush. It reminds me exactly of an almost pure vanilla perfume I had as a little girl, from Yves Rocher, in a spherical transparent/brown bottle. The childhood memories made me develop an instant obsession with it, probably to the dismay of persons in my immediate surroundings, since it is very powerful and long lasting - I can smell it perfectly well after 24 hours. It's an instant antidepressant/anxiolytic. Just one question for anyone who might know - my bottle is 50 ml, but colored fuchsia. Since this disagrees with the info given here, is this another edition I don't know about or...?

spensierata
spensierata

Unfortunately, when I tested this perfume on myself, I ended up reeking of Play Doh. This concoction did not mix well with my body chemistry :(

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I love this its warm and sensual but not too strong.I can see the asian influence in a very tasteful way.

Ivi Mila
Ivi Mila

I got a free sample of Kenzo Amour when I purchased another fragrance online and at first I didn't really care much about it. Alcohol plus rice steam that later became more pleasant was my first impression. A few months later I gave it another try and now I consider it one of my favorites!

It starts off flowery with traces of rice steam, and over time it becomes a bit sweeter and muskier. It is indeed creamy and soft as other fellow reviewers have mentioned. Vanilla and wood, as well as a soft incense smell were identifiable also. Pretty exotic.

The only bad part is that it doesn't last long on me (EDP!). Just about 3-4 hours. :|

garofani
garofani

vanilla, wood, frangipani-that is what I smell and just love it! minimalistic exotic is how I would describe it.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This smells like a cup of of one of those "vanilla tea" blends without the black tea notes-I feel the same warmth and lightness.
Amour is creamy, and not very powdery on my skin-or not the usual powderiness I get from floral woody musks-I like some powders, but I've been looking for a creamy delicate floral woody musk, not too sweet, not too dry, emphasizing the musk. This is it. Amour is just so nice, and serene, after trying so many scents that either inspire too much passion in me, or leave me disappointed and full of longing....
I should note that I don't smell too many floral aspects, but it's the delicate, beautiful flowers that put the amour in Amour, this would be hollow to me were the vanilla any more pronounced.

LenaBel
LenaBel

Another great Kenzo creation. Amour was the fragrance which I loved from the first sniff and wanted to get it ASAP (and I usually sniff around for months before buying a bottle of perfume). It is just so pleasant, warm milky vanilla which is so conforting and soft. It brings good memories and makes you feel cozy. It may have tiny similarities with Hypnotic Poison but they are different in nature - I find Hypnotic Poison mysterious and sexy while Amour is comforting and wrapping you with coziness.
Get the EDP - my brother bought me an EDT and it is not as deep and expensive smelling as EDP. I will definetely get EDP sometime later.

finduillas
finduillas

wow....I LOVE that smell...
rice steam and a pudding. what can be most beautiful?
lovely... :)

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

When I heard that this fragrance had rice steam as an ingredient, I was intrigued. Rice steam? When I first sprayed it on, I could smell this milky rice scent, very faintly, followed by delicate almond. Actually, the whole composition of Kenzo Amour seems a bit delicate. It is not in your face at all, just relaxed and self confident. After a brief hint of fleeting powder, it settles into ALL vanilla. I'm a little gun shy about vanilla in the base ever since I recently overdosed on Jessica Simpson Fancy, but this vanilla was soft, dreamy, and creamy. Overall, a beautiful and unusual fragrance. I like it.

faith24
faith24

i always associate fragrances with certain weather, certain season and certain mood. Kenzo Amour evokes feelings of ultimate coziness. I would love to wear it when it is snowing outside, sitting by the fireplace, covered in a cashmere blanket with a cup of a hot milk and a favorite book or movie.
Amour translates the scent of steaming milk into the fragrance world and makes it somehow both sexy and wearable in a very casual undestated manner. During my childhood I would sometimes get a bowl of rice pudding with a little of plum jam on the top. I get similar olfactory sensation from Amour- top notes are definitely milk and steaming rice, to my nose. The notes are sweet but never overwhelming. The fragrance doesnt change much on me but after a few hours of wear I smell some floral (must be frangipani) and a bit of plum jam. This Kenzo smells like a delicious desert!

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I find it very interesting that dabbing this & spraying it on obtains two different olfactory experiences.

After dabbing a sample on my wrist, I get a clean, almost soapy, wet-paper-like (similar to the one I smell in Hypnotic Poison, though they smell different to me), powdery fragrance. Except for the heliotrope, it completely skips over the floral notes...and after it dries down, I smell a very soft powder + light vanilla. It's a perfect just-got-out-of-the-shower scent that makes me feel fresh & clean without a headache-inducing perfumey soap smell.

Now, after SPRAYING a decanted sample of Amour on me, I smell something almost completely different. I can sniff out more notes & actually get a whole different "feeling". After the initial sniff, I can smell a thick & rich rice pudding with a light dusting of fresh cinnamon (even though there doesn't seem to be any in here). The frangipani is unnoticeable on me, but again, I can find the heliotrope (though not as easily as I could with the dabbed sample). The tea, cherry blossom, heliotrope & vanilla seem to arrive at the exact same time. The heliotrope keeps it soft & only slightly powdery. The musk certainly plays a role too, though not a big one. Along with the heliotrope, it prevents this fragrance from being too sweet. The sprayed version makes me feel torn between feeling comfy-cozy & hungry for dessert.

Dabbing & spraying will result in both equally fabulous "scent-sations", but if you want a more "edible" scent, spray it on. And if you want a shower-fresh scent...dab it in key places. Wonderfully addicting either way. However, dabbing prevents it from lasting as long as it would if you spray it. I found that spraying this will last all day or night and leave you with a cashmere-soft vanilla caressing your senses...whereas dabbing it will just LEAVE YOU. HTH

zvoncica
zvoncica

Seems like everyone fell in love with Amour. Except me.

I must admit Im not fan of Kenzo perfumes, and all his creations have unique brand signature. They are to heavy and dramatic for my taste. I guess people either love or hate Kenzo.

Amour is oriental vanilla, with really strong vanilla. This incredible strength is also in the flowery notes and spiciness of the base. The spiciness reminded me on JPG Classique, but compared to JPG Amour is more sweet and heavy frag. I don`t like vanilla, and spicy notes in this one smell unpleasantly on my skin.

I agree it is interesting and unusual, but not sensual or easy to wear.

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

i really love this perfum. I even could say that this one is my all times favorite. I love warm and mystical and long lasting scents. The powdery smell feels like a beautiful creme on the skin after a while. it's amour to me :)

belissena
belissena

Sweet, soft, warm and confortable like a cashmere shawl...my cocoon fragrance for a winter sunday afternoon at home.

*sophi*
*sophi*

What a romantic scent.I like the sweetness and purity of the aroma.I tried it on a samble and i definately want to buy it.It reminds me the innosense of first love!!!

taydev
taydev

smells absolutley wonderful. very warm and rich so i would wear it for a cold autumn and winter. very similar to hypnotic poison so when i run out of that, i'll probably replace it with this instead because of little bit cheaper price tag!

macris002
macris002

I absolutely love this perfume! the vanilla note is just great, and it's never overpowering. I usually get allergic reaction on strong scents, but with this one, I guess there's a balance, that's why I don't get to sneeze a lot when I'm wearing kenzo amour.

angels
angels

C'est l'amour! Comme dit au francais.. and long lasting too.

octobersun
octobersun

Realy beautiful, romantic, makes me daydream... Soft, gentle, just lovely. My favoutite, definitely.

senna
senna

My best friend uses it. I love it, its sweet, warm, very girly...its delicious!

Tochica
Tochica

Warm, rich and feminine perfume. In the begining it is dulcet floral, then appears a sharp note, finally ending in а steady-vanilla and wood. It is durable and the bottle is very interesting - polishing glass and plastic. I put this perfume in the column - my favorites!

Finch
Finch

Kenzo is easily my favorite perfumer! I respect their work- none of it is usual or boring- it's all unique, or a unique interpretation of something that's already been done.

Amour is very earthy and warm, with the vanilla and rice coming out the most. I read one online blog complaining it smelt like rice pudding, but I disagree! It's kind of heady, actually.

Unfortunately, when I wore it, it would give me a headache until the dry-down. After I finished up the bottle I couldn't bear the thought of getting another, as much as I liked the scent.

taninha07
taninha07

she who wears it ,is very spoiled ,gets everything she wants , whenever she wants it ... she´s daddy´s little girl !!! it is girlie to my nose , a bit too sweet on my skin ... sometimes , i just must wear it !!!

Kenzo Amour is a very unusual modern scent that needs sometime to become an acquired taste. It's very in the trail of very sweet, gourmand scent with a artificial edge, but IMO this is one of the Kenzo I really like. Most Kenzos hit my brain like a hammer and smell cloying and artificial and make me want to puke (I'm talking to you Kenzo Flower!)
I didn't like Amour at first, but thanks to samples I could wear it for a while and become intimate with it (I sometimes think that we talk about scents like we talk about men :-)
Being much into classical scents as the Guerlains, Kenzo Amour hits like a strong fake almondy smell at first. If this is also your feeling but you don't dislike it, give it some time to enjoy.
I don't perceive a great evolution in this scent, but rather a statement of sweetness alltogether: almond, cooked rice and lots of vanilla. Strange enough this is very reminiscent of Hypnotique Poison which I can't stand in any amounts on myself and on others. I would stop production of HP if I only could. Kenzo Amour is similar still very different. I would class it as a sweet modern oriental if this category ever existed. It starts cold but after a few minutes it warms up on skin and becomes very romantic and sexy in a cuddling way. It's one of the few latest scents I've tried that conjures up some imagery. The film in this case is very appropriate. It doesn't happen very often.
I liek to wear it now in spring, because it's not offensive in the heat, but please if you wear this do not overapply. It's very musky in the basenotes, namely artificial musk, and this is not pleasant for everyone. I can't smell musk for some days per month, but on the other days a I smell it very clearly! It can be disturbing and ruining the beauty of this scent that remains a soft one in spite of its strenght. The bottle is modern too, my favourite one is the fuchsia!

p.s. I still like it, but it's too bad it now gives me headache and nausea :-(

Aalia
Aalia

This is a lovely floral+ plus+ vanilla scent. The contrast plays nicely, and at the same time the combination is very smooth. This is a delicate, gentle fragrance. The selection of Helitrope, Frangpani, Japanese Cherry Blossom, and White Tea makes this a distinctive perfume, far from the usual florals always using Jasmine and Rose.
The sillage is light, the fixation is good. I do like the perfume but I'm not overly impressed. It would make a nice gift perfume-itś pleasing, well crafted, a touch powdery, feminine, classy, and casual. It could be used
during all seasons, day or night, for the office, or a dinner date.

Migotka
Migotka

Kenzo must be one of the most unique perfume brands out there. From my friends reviews gathered here and there I could see that most of their fragrances seems at least quite difficult, not to say controversial- like Flower, having as many admirers as die-hard haters.

Amour is one of the safer fragrances, very subtle, which made me hesitate about buying it at first. Being a lover of strong, oriental vanilla fragrances, sticking out from the crowd, I feared it will quickly disappear from my skin. It was not love at first sight and yet there was something so unusual about it, that I kept on trying it over and over. The bottle design, that I find absolutely charming (and the 30 ml. bottle, which I own, comes in pretty fuchsia colour that I adore), the delicacy of the flower notes, the oriental touch of Japanese cherry blossom, the vanilla sweetness, all contribute to this atmospheric, mysterious, almost mystical mood created by the fragrance.

I do not use it very often, but I like to enjoy it on very special occasions, surrounded by close circle of friends, or just on my own, breathing in and out the delicate aroma of tranquillity.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Mmmm....powdery, gentle, delicate & indvidual. Rice-pudding, baby powder & play-doh seems an unusual mix to want to wear but somehow it works. I tested it once in store & couldn't decide whether I loved it or hated it...I kept going back to test again & it's definitely love. The bottle is exquisite although I would never buy for the bottle alone. The play-doh start develops into a very delicate & light powdery warmth - I can definitley smell the frangpani. There's a hint of fresh air, too (perhaps a nod to the white tea). I am a sucker for classy vanilla bases - & it doesn't disappoint. It is worth letting this perfume develop as it has many fragile facets. I prefer this to the punchy headachey kenzo flower perfumes (I so wanted to like them, but no) & wear it every day - hot summer sun or cosy winter nights. Delightfully unusual & deceptive.

sharyssa
sharyssa

This is on my want list! I sampled this at Ulta and I really like it to me it was warm and spicy so different and the bottle is cute it doesn't even look like a perfume bottle!

julianne35
julianne35

ı can not understand why this is a floral woody musk fragrance..for me it is absolutely orientall vanilla, even just vanila...anyway, i like it and got compliments when I wear it..

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I bought this unsniffed except for sampling on a test strip. After the test strip dried, it was quite pleasant - comforting and warm, slightly sweet.

But...On my skin, yuck!!! I did, indeed, smell like Play-Doh and that wouldn't go away. Only after about six or seven hours did it get pleasant to my nose again.

My nose just can't enjoy this; or my chemistry is wrong for it. I don't know! I'll try Le Parfum and see if thiat makes a difference...

dena2
dena2

Kenzo Amour is a nice fragrance.
It is a lovely, warm, delicate and beautiful.I like .

mmizy
mmizy

I sprayed the tester on my wrist when i was in the store. I was excited to smell the rice pudding like fragrance. Unfortunately all i smelled was play doh. Needless to say I am not buying this fragrance

Mals86
Mals86

Rice pudding. Which is nice, if you like that sort of thing. Would be comforting is one is sick, or tired. It's just not for me. (When I need a comfort scent, I go for AG's Petite Cherie, which reminds me of a very specific childhood memory.)

Elumina
Elumina

Kenzo Amour is a nice fragrance, it smells abit like vanilla milkshake on my skin, also reminds me of Burberry Brit but much sweeter. All in all its a pleasant vanilla scent, for those lovers it would be the right one ^^

vendetta
vendetta

I totally agree with kiselina, it smells definitely similar to Hypnotic Poison, just not so over the top. It's more cozy and less in-your-face, though it doesn't stay close to the wearer and is also a very obvious fragrance. I like it very much. It's like a fluffy blanket and some rice pudding, when you had a bad day. Really nice!

snobuni77
snobuni77

This one is moving up..up to a 100ml bottle.I definitely need more of this then whats in my mini.
I love anything with Vanilla in it & this is very soft & cozy.
It has some soft floral notes in it & the vanilla & floral mix actually reminds me a bit of dior's addict but without that sharp note that addict has.

I love all fragrances like this.If you love hypnotic poison & addict then you will love this as well

kiselina
kiselina

Soft and calming vanilla scent. Very similar to Hypnotic Poison.

Kama
Kama

Finally I understood and fall in love with Kenzo Amour!!
One month ago I was at the Amsterdam airport and I sniffed Kenzo Amour – Gold and White bottles. I didn’t really remember the smell of White bottle, just gold one as Gold Kenzo is really heady oriental one. I was not sure bout this choice as I have never owned that kind of perfume…. Very oriental /Spicy/Woody/ vanilla /musk perfume… I am not fun of Flower Kenzo… although they smell interesting on my friend.
Anyway, I was so intrigued with GOLD one, called LE PARFUM… Gold is LA PERFUM, newest version and while is the mother.
Unfortunately I didn’t buy them as I was afraid it is not my kind of perfume,…
What a mistake!
I tried to buy it and search for it but could not find it anywhere around my place (Northern Ireland), so I decided to buy their mother, white bottle…to try if it will be at least similar… I didn’t really remember the smell of White bottle, just gold one as Gold Kenzo is really heady oriental one..the smell that you hardly forget.
I know that both Kenzo Amour are perfume not for everyone.
I remember that it was a big advertisement for new coming Kenzo Amour… and I really wanted to smell them… when I smelled them I didn’t like them… I found them not so SPECIAL…weak and.. without this something… But we grow up and our taste can change sometimes…I guess it has happened to my taste about white Kenzo…
So I ordered the 1st Amour , white bottle, online. Got it today… and discovered they are as great as Gold version! Les oriental and les spicy but still the same kind of mixture… mixture that you wanna have around yourself…
I'm so happy that I bought it! I fell in love with the scent...it is much lighter then Gold bottle, but still very sensuous... The aroma of Frangipani and vanilla is mixed and give great scent,… that I want to sniff it all the time…I have head this scent for 6-7 hours…and just now I can feel it is starting to fade a bit..but still feeling some sweet vanilla mixed with musk. Lovely sophisticated perfume. I really adore them!!! They are going to be my new favorite perfume;)

Kalogria
Kalogria

I love the scent, but somehow the drydown reminds me of vanilla flavoured cigar... funny.

susieqrj
susieqrj

The very first time I tried Kenzo Amour I really hated it: strong and lasting smell of sweet powder.
But something on it intrigued me. How come a perfume with frangipani (i love the flower) could be that bad?
Months later I decided to buy a bottle (30ml) and give it another try: ok, I can´t feel frangipani or cherry blossom or anything else on it - it´s all about powdery vanilla. Maybe it´s because of the rice and incense notes.
The fact is that I ended up buying the other perfumes from Amour family (Holi and Le Parfum).
When I want to smell like pudding, I use it with no mercy.

Jasper
Jasper

It is quite heavy and strong at the begining. Not as sweet as I expected from the note of heiotrope. The frangipani in it was next to nothing compare to the real flower.(I'd hope for more of it) Once the scent sets into my skin, it quite pleasant. Powerful oriental, one has to be careful on portion control. What I love most about it was the drydown, soft-powdery and classy incense-musk. I will wear this on a romantic night.

melozberk
melozberk

I tried this one in summer time and decided to buy for winter use. Lately I started to wear it and I'm quite pleased. First, Eau de Perfume version is totally successful; only two sprays last all day. On my skin it is mostly frangipane but in a sweet way and vanilla. Cherry blossom is an aroma usually I don’t enjoy a lot so luckily it is really hidden on me. I agree with the idea that it reminds Hypnotic Poison but I think this is not poisonous or bitter at all ;-) Feels seductive and totally self-confident in an oriental but still sophisticated way. I am absolutely happy to buy this one.

Innocent
Innocent

This is such a comforting fragrance, like an expensive baby powder.

Ju
Ju

I have tried this one but didn't like the odor of vanilla/rice... and I was surprised because usually, I like gourmand odors... I even tried it as a room spray but really, it reminds me of a grandmother... Maybe it is the mix with the flower scents. It wasn't a trip to Asia for me, unfortunatly.

onthemoon
onthemoon

It's a beautiful scent at first spritz! Ah!

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Bouquet regarding the drydown of this scent: "Play-doh". It's sad. I really, really wanted this one to work on me!

debbborra
debbborra

The nice SAs at Nordstrom loaded me up with samples. This is a safe perfume, sweet and inoffensive. Often when I say a perfume is inoffensive, I don't mean it as a compliment; it's faint praise. Kenzo Amour however is a nice scent. An excellent choice for gifting as it is not so generic as to lack personality, and doesn't have enough personality to be offensive. It's a perfume I'd like to own, for the days when I want to wear something I like, but don't feel up to a more challenging scent. To me, it's not a gourmand, but it does have this spicy rice pudding thing happening, that I really like on a mellow day.

Vanek91
Vanek91

A beautiful perfume with creamy vanilla. I love it!!!

Silvery

I have to say that the EDT is more different than the EDP in more aspects. I have the EDT version, and I'm satisfied with it, but the EDP is much more warmer, creamy, and mostly I can feel vanilla and nice warm rice (or something like that). The EDT is lighter, tea and woody-flowery notes are more dominant. Of course, the EDP's staying power is better, but the EDT is longlasting too. I wouldn't like to dissuade any of you from buying the EDT version in no way! I don't say the EDT is worse than the EDP, it's just that they're different :)

P.s.: I wasn't talking about Kenzo Amour Le Parfum, I was talking about this Amour's eau de parfum and eau the toilette version.

Bouquet
Bouquet

I liked the smell in the bottle, but during the drydown, the scent changed to something I can only describe as "Play-doh" on me. Yuck.

Boggi
Boggi

People has written so many good reviews about this one. I just want to say I love it and it's comforting both for both mind and body. It's nice like a friendly person and sexy in a modest way.

maschin
maschin

it is a very warm and sensual fragrance..it combines very nicely a strong vanilla sense, with the unusual smell of rice leaving a powdery, woody and spicy aroma. it is very lasting and creates a sweet and positive aura.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Love ( Amour)in edition Kenzo is quiet, delicate. It's not great passion. It's huge affection. It smells cooked rice, sweet cream, wanilla, exotic flowers. Gives sense of safety. It remember a bit smells by Lutens, but Amour is simplest. Beautiful, warm scent.

PR

Milky and soft scent.In generaly it is hard to say what notes are present in this composition, but tea I think I detect in it, and very soft spiciness. Definitely, mild oriental smell. Can be sprayed generously, I guess

Hecate
Hecate

Very soft and comforting scent. I love the powdery and cherryblossom notes in it. Although it is a light and non-offensive perfume, the sillage is wonderful. Most of the time when I spray a perfume on, I can't smell the fragrance anymore after 1 minute. With Amour the smell of steamed rice and cherry comes back time after time.

Kasku
Kasku

I got it for last Christmas. It was our very first Christmas with a new baby. This smell reminds me this day...full of warmth, coziness and love. I am glad I can have this sweet reminder in this gourgeous bottle. :)

Moszatka
Moszatka

Very sweet and special fragrance. I like it, but only in winter. Warm and long lasting, maybe spicy a little bit. Great scent!

dizzi
dizzi

Comfortable and warm like fireplace.Long-lasting vanilla scent.It makes me feel at home.

PR

ok, here we come again.. after all these reviews I just must try this perfume now, though I am immune to Kenzo in general, but this one sounds promising

Madhavi
Madhavi

This smelling verry good

i love it

mari85
mari85

A very romantic and warm scent that can be worn anytime of the year. Smells sooo gorgeous on my sister. Sadly it wasn't the same on my own skin...will definitely try again just in case;)

Silvery

Finally I got it! I'm so happy, I fell in love with the scent... I really like the woody accords, and it's vanilla and musk base suits me well. So pure, so elegant, so warm, so sophisticated, so oriental, so artistic... Just like the bottle itself. Kenzo Amour is one of the best.

Silvery

I've just ordered this perfume :) I'm looking forward to use it. I went to a parfumery yesterday to make sure that I need this one. I like its warmness and sensuality.

F_A
F_A

I love the sweet rice steam smell it has:)Warm and soft vanilla fragrance, one of my Top 10.

dioradddict

i love this one too, flowery and powdery, and lovely vanilla basis!

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very nice and powdery indeed. I love it. I'd wear it anywhere.

Candra
Candra

a very comforting and sensual fragrance. when i feel stressed out or tired i always use this perfume. it calms me down and brings me back in a good mood. lasting power of this perfume is great. you put it on in the morning and you still can smell it in the evening. in my opinion the house of kenzo creates magnificent perfumes which all become classics. kenzo amour and kenzo flower are both masterpieces.

zoka
zoka

Very pleasant velvety scent with calm spices, I smell them and recognize Kenzo.

wildflower
wildflower

In my skin, it is very creamy and vanilla.

Aiona
Aiona

I tried this a few weeks ago, and it is a lovely vanilla almond fragrance. It's basically Hypnotic Poison but without that masculine tang that Hypnotic Poison has. It also doesn't have the jasmine of Hypnotic Poison.

Vanessa Olivatti
Vanessa Olivatti

This makes me remember a perfume gueixa Japanese willing to show love and all their femininity and charm to the man of her life.
It is a perfume that grife that I like more, creamy, dense and sensual.

rebella
rebella

I like this fragrance so much. Usually I like dramatic, orientalic, spicy, strong, strange and provocative fragrances.

This one is soft, gentle, lush, creamy, sensual and it makes me think of a japanese geisha. A delicate, beautiful woman that have made femininity to a piece of art. And that is what I feel when I wear it, and it makes me feel graceful, almost a bit melancholic and submissive in a very relaxing way.

Don´t ask me how it is possible for a perfume to make me imagine all that, but I guesss I am a very sensitive (to fragrances at least) and imaginative person! :)

I love the sweet and deep powdery notes in it. It becomes a very personal fragrance and make me belive that I smell in this way naturally. I wish!

Wonderful to wear when I have become a bit tired of my more bold and daring perfumes. Longlasting, wellmixed and I think it is suitable to wear on any occasion.

amanda
amanda

i have small samples of it, and i like it very much, its powdery, but interesting scent. I will buy it

Marianne
Marianne

It's an incredibly warm perfume, but I think you have to be in the right mood when you wear it. Too heavy for summer. You really don't need to put on much-very strong. Don't agree with the casual thing.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Most of Kenzo's fragrances I do not like because they are typically too flowery for my taste, but I was very surprised by this one and had to own it. Kenzo Amour is a warm, floral, and woody scent, not light, but easy on the senses and incredibly calming. It's like going on a trip through an Asian countryside while the sun is setting. Never been to Asia, but that's how I imagine it :)

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

It remind me of a cough syrup I didn't remember. It's quite flowery and powdery. Nowdays, I hate powdery perfume, so although Kenzo Amour is great, I don't think I want to wear it. It's best for casual. I like the woody note in it.

2007

59.00
Kenzo Amour Eau de Parfum Spray, 1 fl oz
Kenzo Amour Eau de Parfum Spray, 1 fl oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Kenzo Amour Gift Set by Kenzo Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 oz Body Lotion Fashion Pouch
KENZO AMOUR for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ FUCHSIA EDITION
KENZO AMOUR for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ FUCHSIA EDITION
Gift Set 3.4oz
Kenzo Amour Perfume by Kenzo - -- Gift Set - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 oz Body Lotion Fashion Pouch
Kenzo Amour Perfume by Kenzo, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Kenzo Amour Perfume by Kenzo, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Kenzo Amour Perfume by Kenzo - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Kenzo Amour Perfume by Kenzo - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
KENZO AMOUR for WOMEN by Kenzo SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ FUSCHIA BODY LOTION 1.7 OZ POUCH
Kenzo Amour Eau De Parfum Spray Fuchsia Bottle 50ml 1.7oz
Kenzo Amour Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
FragranceShop.com
Kenzo Amour by Kenzo for Women Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Kenzo Amour by Kenzo for Women Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Amour fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Amour, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Amour by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Amour by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.