Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Kenzo Amour Florale Kenzo for women

Kenzo Amour Florale Kenzo for women
dislike

Kenzo Amour Florale Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Florale Kenzo for women Pictures

Kenzo Amour Florale EDT is a spring fragrance arriving on the market in April 2009. This fresh, romantic and floral perfume is sprinkled with gentle petals and inspired by adventures from journeys. Its top notes encompass neroli and cardamom oil, which are decorated with black currant and luminous grapefruit hint. A heart incorporates sunny accords of frangipani, rose buds and gardenia.Bbase notes are enriched with fragile clearness of white musk and cedar. The fragrance is available as 40 and 85 ml EDT and it was created by Karim Rashid. Its flacon is transparent and iridescent with white shine, almost poetic. Perfumer of this edition is Daphne Bugey of Firmenich.

Neroli Cardamom Black Currant Grapefruit

Frangipani Rose Gardenia

Musk Virginia Cedar

J`adore L`eau Cologne Florale
Kenzo Amour I Love U

Kenzo Amour Florale Fragrance Reviews

misscatalina
misscatalina

I am so happy I found this fragrance! I was searching for a Miss Dior Cherie l'Eau dupe and based on the reviews here, I wanted to give this a try. And I must say: it is so much better!

I can't stop smelling it.

It has the citrus/gardenia opening + the neroli, rose and frangipani which add so much more loveliness to it! It smells natural, like putting your nose in a bush of orange flowers, gardenia, roses and frangipani.

The cardamon gives it such a natural feeling and this is what makes me think of vacation, something oriental (but really light and pleasant, remaining fresh), which also reminds me of the smell of a herbalist's shop.

The drydown is also clean and elegant, just a bit sweeter (probably the currant+cedar, but it's very subtle, so nothing like galliano parlez-moi d'amour and the overly sweet synthetic berry smell that didn't react good with my skin).

It really smells like love to me! It is full of positive energy, romantic, playful and elegant at the same time! I really think kenzo did an amazing job, also the bottle is lovely and the commercial does it justice, the cocorosie song fits perfectly with the sensibility this fragrance expresses. Love!

sagittarius
sagittarius

Love it! Never thought something with Lemon would appeal to me so much and I don't find it too sweet at all. Ever since I opened it, I've been spraying and sniffing constantly. I think I might be addicted.

Delicious, sweet and outstanding would be great words to describe it. I liked the original Amour, but this is much better and lighter. When I smell it, I feel exotic crisp sweetness. I like how light neroli note is in it.
I love it and I'd love to have it in my collection.
A quite possible signature scent.

drikaquinze
drikaquinze

I absolutely love the smell of frangipani, but this didn't work for me. :(

pi^2
pi^2

Strong sweet flowers. I like neroli and frangipani, and they smell nice and natural, but they soon fade leaving a synthetic light musky scent. The whole thing doesn't last long, and it's quite expensive. I enjoyed testing it, but won't buy.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

When I joined fragrantica a while back I asked on a forum for a Miss Dior l'eau dupe/fresh, green gardenia. Little did I know about perfume - having had Marc Jacobs as a solid favourite for years and years, I searched left and right for similar scents.

I had been advised to try Kenzo Amour Florale. It was over a year ago (maybe two?) and I really could not find it anywhere in the department stores in London, if I found a bottle - it was sealed, no tester! So, nearly two years later, I blind bought a full, huge 85ml bottle.

This is a cousin to Marc Jacobs for sure. It smells lovely. I am a fan of anything clean, soapy, beachy, full of gardenia, fresh, tropical and not sweet. Kenzo Amour Florale is all of those things. It doesn't last very long and it's not an overly complex scent - however I've been using it for 5 days straight, day and night. Suitable for hot summers. I'm so glad I can put my mind at ease after wanting to test it for so long!

(For white floral lovers only, has nothing to do with original Kenzo Amour)

Antares811
Antares811

Absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for spring and summer, an amazing floral. Fresh, feminine and longlasting. I detect mostly gardenia, frangipani, cedar and musk, all notes are perfectly blended.
Highly recommended.

raw umber
raw umber

Amour Florale is like Just Cavali only with a fresher, cleaner base. It's what Just should have been.
Thank you to Vie Cafe for introducing me to this beauty back in the day.

Starring gardenia and frangipane, it's a beachy, soapy, bright, clean floral with a crisp citrus opening, and a fluffy powdery white sand coumarin/musky base. If you want a relaxing modern, natural, tropical floral with NO sunscreen coconut and NO sweetness, this could be your holy grail. Leaves a lovely trail and longevity is average. Just like morning air moving through plants on the path to the beach. I love this.

st3vy
st3vy

floral scent with a bit crisp of lemon or cedar... for me this is just a nice perfumme :)

katushka37
katushka37

Kenzo Florale opened up with a beautiful composition of black current and white florals with a hint of citrus. However after few minutes it transformed into citrusy gardenia scent which was almost identical to Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau (it remains linear on me).

I got home after sampling it and asked my husband what he though about this perfume - his reply was "it smells exactly like the other one you have" :)

It is beautiful, feminine and long lasting but I wouldn't bother getting it since I already have its twin in my collection.

trishtan
trishtan

Oh my... this fragrance is wonderful. I can smell frangipani & gardenia so intense at first spray. The longevity is good too. I can capture a moment through it, a mediteranean romance. Where I can see a woman standing on white sandy beach in a sunny day, dress in a white sundress & white floppy hat. The wind blows & she smiles. Rejoice the moment. A memorable summer day.

Elmyra
Elmyra

Absolutely gorgeous, wonderful sillage projection and longevity. Kenzo is just a winner, what can i say, i am a Kenzo fan been for years.
To me this fragrance felt like an exotic holiday.
Found this in Argentina, and unfortunately its been discontinued here.....

janelle70
janelle70

Lovely was the first word that came to mind upon testing... then love it!! Wishlist worthy even though it only has moderate longevity on me (and I'm particular about longevity) -- that's how good this smells. Nothing in it turned sour or rancid on my skin, which happens quite often for me.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Island resort in a bottle.
An exhilaratingly fun summer time in the sun.

The burst of frangipani and gardenia flowers and the light nuances of grapefruit makes this scent a beautiful lush floral one. As it dries down, the powdery element seeps in, making it just that bit more calming.

Silage is pretty strong and longevity a good 4-6hours.

P.S: Yes, it does seems similar to 24 Faubourg eau Delicate as someone has pointed out, just that this would be the powdery version with emphasis on gardenia and frangipani. Perhaps they are in the same 'genre'?

celia46
celia46

My husband gave it to me on mothers day.
First of all I like the name AMOUR !!!
The scent is a delight: fresh, citrus and still feminine. It is a pitty that do not last very much on my skin :(
People notice that I am wearing it only when I just have sprayed, so I decide to spray it all over my clothes so it last a bit more and I feel like I am wearing a perfume.

soglow
soglow

elena gonzalez
elena gonzalez

White flowers, grapefruit ... glory! Beach memories with my husband in Brazil and humid hot days, with rain in the garden come to love! Scent that lasts the whole day and transforms into a soft hugged.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

The citrus opening is sharp, but the frangipani reminds me very much of my time living in the Caribbean. Very lifelike. Sweeter than I expected it to be, though, and I'm not sure I could wear it on a regular basis. I think it's one for the hottest part of summer, rather than the first hint of spring where we are right now.

andreas73
andreas73

For a white flowers admirer, I have to say that this is a lovely perfume!
It starts very sharp and strong, almost "loud", with very perceptive notes of neroli and black currant. Then I feel the gardenia, and the cardamom shows up along with the cedar. Finally, some time later, the creamy frangipani. On the dry down, it is still green, with a soft cedar and musk.
This is very flowery and green, so green that it's almost like the scent of a lush grass permeated with white flowers, right after a summer rain. The fragrance is fresh and energizing, perfect for day use in spring and summer.
The first time I wore it, I thought it didn't last so much. But as I continued wearing it, I realized that I had this impression because the top notes are very strong, and about 2 hours later the scent is much milder. So, it was just a question of strong/soft contrast: it has a moderate longevity and quite a heavy sillage for an EDT.
A nice choice for daily or casual use, when you want to feel very feminine and be detached from the crowd.

renatinha
renatinha

If i had to define a colour for this fragance, it would be green! When i spray it i imagine a girl, with white clothes, walking in a sunny day at fields full of colorful flowers! It's very fresh, playful and different! I recommend this for summer (as you might see in my crazy description) especially for the days that you can barely breathe, you know? It is really very refreshing and very long lasting, too! I love it.

denmaz
denmaz

It's like walking on a flower garden after the rain, and the flower is bloom. Really fresh, lovely, pure, innocent.

Vampiraag
Vampiraag

The dry down reminds me of miss dior cherie l'eau. It's fresh and clean, perfect for a summer day.

ktyhan
ktyhan

green and white ... bitter and sweet... linear and beautiful... the best

mseleena
mseleena

Kenzo Amour Florale edt opens with a refreshingly clean and light citrusy note that soon fades off to reveal an unbelievably real-smelling frangipani flower scent that is enchanting and sweet (but not cloying). This feminine floral scent is addictive, seductive and bewitching and I can now understand why the smell of the frangipani (otherwise known as plumeria) has made its way into myths and legends associated with a particularly infamous female ghosts/ghoul here in Southeast Asia (google 'pontianak' for more info). Another trademark of the smell of frangipani flowers is their sillage as the smell projects well, which is why in Southeast Asian horror stories people are said to notice the sweet smell of these flowers (which implies the presence of the female ghost). The beautiful frangipani scent of the 'pontianak' (or female vampire if I had to associate it to a Western counterpart) is also said to help lure, attract and bewitch its male victims. As the scent reaches its base notes, the light airyness of the cedar and white musk adds a subtle elegance to the frangipani note to help it blend better into the scent of your skin. Overall, a beautiful and addictive aroma which I also find strangely comforting. Thinking of stocking up on this since it seems to be a limited edition. Definitely a day scent for me though I can imagine it being suitable for night too due to its unique seductive quality (and I sometimes wear this to bed as a comfort scent), though I'm too chicken-hearted to wear it out at night when I'm alone for fear of creeping myself out thanks to all the spooky local stories I've heard about the 'pontianak' and her association with frangipani flowers.

themarchioness
themarchioness

Im in love with this fragance! A fresh, clean, lovely bouquet of white flowers, but doesnt smell synthetic at all, its smells like flowers in the wilderness near a stream. It last a lot on my skin. The dry down smells like soap. (Sorry for my english, im from Argentina)

Adiro
Adiro

I just got this one and I have to say it's love at first sniff.
Without looking at the notes, I can say it smells like magnolias, and like a cross between lilac and jasmine, really fresh, clean, light, charming summer scent for those hot days when you can't stop sweating, very very refeshing.
It is about 80%similar to Dior J'Adore Cologne Florale, at half the price ( online) and well worth every penny! The bottle is THE ONLY charming one, out of the whole Amour line, all the other look like the plastic that they are made of, this one is crystalline and ethereal, very beautifully made.
It lasts ok, ( not great) and the drydown turns into some clean floral musk, very easy to wear, highly recommended for those who like to feel feminine, fresh and gracious!

athina67
athina67

smells like Paradise, wonderful, fresh, romantic, clean, i love it!

ccj36
ccj36

There are so many great reviews for this scent that describe the notes far better than I can, so I am just adding my impression of Kenzo Amour Florale. I've had my bottle since 2010, and I only wear it in the summer. This scent is very fresh, clear, and clean. The gardenia notes are tempered by the woody notes, which is a big change from most perfumes with gardenia. (I see "gardenia" and immediately think of Sand & Sable or White Shoulders, which are both nice but have that distinctive blast of gardenia.) Kenzo Amour Florale is a subtle scent that quietly lingers on your skin all day.

emiana
emiana

This could be the best perfume for my spring 2012... It's very clean and white musk so soft and delicious...

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Well I have just received this and bought it blind, based on the reviews here as I love frangipani and gardenia so was quite excited.....
On the first sniff definitely get a blast of frangipani scent (almost like elemis frangipani monoi oil), when that calms down (which is sadly quite quick) then I get lovely creamy rich gardenia (almost identical scent I get from my own gardenia plant).
It is a warm and delicate scent at the same time, better suited to a warm sunny day I would think, definitely white flowers with a very tiny jasminy hint of lemon and vanilla. Nothing else at present but only had it on for about an hour so will see later.
Overall pleasant and relaxing summer scent.

shoppingfreak614
shoppingfreak614

Who would have known I would fall in love with a blind swap? After reading the notes and the reviews, I hesitated in swapping for this fragrance. Yet I took a risk and never looked back.
The initial sharp florals had frightened me, but I went ahead and bared myself for the worst. I was pleasantly surprised when I caught a whiff of a clean, white floral: fresh gardenia and frangipani. Body heat really seemed to open this fragrance up, almost like breaking the ice cold exterior of a warm-hearted individual.
The longer I wear this, the more I am addicted. The dry down is slightly soapy, clean yet sophisticated.
This fragrance remind me of Chloe 2008 somehow, perhaps because of the similar soapy florals. However, whereas Chloe parties with roses, Amour florale plays with fresh white florals. Neither have an ounce of sweetness in them, and I appreciate that.
Beautiful for a work environment, especially during spring and summer.

kittike
kittike

On my skin is very similar to Bvlgari Omnia Green Jade, The sillage is medium, the scent lasts a good couple of hours on my skin.

katiushka
katiushka

This smells so wonderful on a cold and gray February morning! It is the promise and dream of spring itself. What is remarkable about this perfume is that I can smell the individual notes (frangipani, gardenia, etc.), but I can also smell the bouquet as a whole. As a whole, it reminds me of creamy rice and makes me think of Kyoto at summertime, or of watercolor paintings portraying Yang Guifei – a legendary beauty of Ancient China - surrounded by white and pink flowers.

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

This floral burst is, indeed, refreshing and awakening. But, after the initial spritz, I sense no depth of any sort on my skin. I've had it on for at least 3 hours, and it is still screaming soapy floral.

Side note: I know I cannot become too disheartened, what with design houses putting out new editions of the same-named fragrance every single year--some with new formulations, but it appears that some people are reviewing a completely different fragrance here. It's too bad because the organization of the site and the integrity of the reviews (when taken as a whole) are compromised because of the apparent confusion.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

Eek. This, like a few other (but not all) white florals I have tried, and like the original Amour, turned into a bitter mess on my skin. Do try before you buy!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

If it's too strong and you want it diluted, just go to your local beauty store, purchase a few little spray bottles, spray half perfume, half water/alchohol..lol, will last forever

SheShe
SheShe

Dangerous fragrance, unusual for Kenzo and D. Bugey I've known mostly from Dsquared creations. Lots of white flowers shouting from the beginning, spicy and sweet ones. Actually I don't like white flowers so I didn't feel comfortable while wearing it but I have to admit the fragrance IS interesting and well blended. Very potent from the beginning, with a very good projection. A bit Juicy Couture (the first fragrance) - like.

vlxen
vlxen

I first smelled this fragrance in airport on my way from Minneapolis to Washington state. It was very STRANGE and UNUSUAL. I love powdery fragrances.. I regretted I did not buy it ...Later on I flew to Dominican Republic and I saw this perfume at DR's airpot as well. So, I bought it.
Fragrance: powder, lilies, smell of something burned (exoic), smell of exotic asian flowers. I find this fragrance very strange and unsual, misterious. Sometimes it feels like it is not parfume but something else..
It wears all day on me and if I spray it on my clothes it will stay there for days. The fragrance will not change.
I cannot wear it everyday as I get tired . the fragrance is a bit too strong. Once in a while when I'm in a mood I spray a bit and it stays like an exotic cloud all over me all day. Very fascinating fragrance. Love it a lot.

scentedrat
scentedrat

Big strong blast of rose to start with, which never really goes away. The initial sharpness dries down to a more powdery sweetness. It's a bit too strong for me, and I agree with the "femme fatale" label given by other reviewers. Seems this would be more of a dressed-up scent because of the loudness of the flowers. I have a bottle and like the scent, but find it hard to wear. If I could get a half-strength version of it, I'd probably love it.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Kenzo Amour Florale opens with notes of grapefruit, neroli, cassis and cardamom.
I do not get any cardamom or cassis but a fresh, sharp grapefruit note and some soft neroli nuances.
The heart notes are gardenia, frangipani and rose.
The rose is very, very subtle and shy but the gardenia, which is the core of the composition, stands out the most while the frangipani note, which is almost as intense as the gardenia, dances on my skin.
The base notes of cedar and musk are noticeable but do not stand out at any point during the drydown.
Still, the musk adds substance and the cedar adds some cleanliness and purity to the composition.

The fragrance is quite light, soft, floral and ideal for warmer weather in spring and summer.
No sweet notes are to be found in this composition.
The sillage is below average but the scent lasts a good couple of hours on my skin.

All in all a surprisingly sunny and floral fragrance built around an outstanding gardenia and an intense frangipani.
I recommend buying the gift set as the matching body lotion is softly scented and will add to the longevity of the fragrance.

camaral
camaral

To me, it opens with a daffodil top note, which is not an option ever given. If it stayed that way, it would be wonderful and unique. But, as other reviewers have mentioned, it does have a soapy dry-down. That, combined with no smaller size available, prevents me from purchasing.

Maybe it's the neroli, but I didn't like this version at all. I expected something with white flowers, which I like, but obviously I was wrong.

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

It is true; Amour florale and Dior cherie l´eau smell similar, but not identicall!
both are georgeous, Amour, stays more floral and romantic and cherie remains citrousy fresh...
but to the essence, a beautiful concotion, romantic, breezy,fresh,girly.
Staying power is remarkable.
Update: I forgot to mention the work of art wich happens to be this ethereal bottle ;the one I apreccite the most of the "amours".
......................................................

Es cierto; Amour florale y Dior cherie L´eau huelen parecido ,pero no idéntico!
ambos son geniales, Amour permanece más floral y romántico y Cherie se mantiene cítrico y fresco...
Pero para la escencia, una bella conjunción: Romántica, brisada, fresca y femenina.
Su permanencia es connotada.
Actualización: Olvidé mencionar la obra de arte que viene a ser esta etérea botella , es la que más aprecio de los "amours".

cloyd42
cloyd42

An interesting and bizarre coincidence: I tested Amour Florale today and immediately recognized the smell of Versace Versense. Scrubbed, applied both, confirmed. Comparison of notes made it plausible even though the notes and emphasis weren't identical. Assumed one was a rip-off of the other; checked dates to see who was the original. Answer: they were released almost simultaneously. Since Donatella is too vain to identify her perfumers there's no way to determine if it was the same perfumer. So once again, like Theorema and Ferragamo, two houses release two almost identical scents at the same time.
Anyhoo: floral doesn't do this scent full justice. There are bright citrus and fruit notes and a nice underlay of moss and musk. It's a delightful daytime scent that would be very refreshing on a hot day. I also think it would smell great on a man. If you like Versense you'll like this but they're too similar to own both on purpose.
Sillage: 2-3 ft, work safe
Persistence: 4-5 hours
Fabulosity: pleasantly bracing, not fabulous
Price to value ratio: okay

mediterranean
mediterranean

Gardenia and neroli in a garden surrounding you like a breeze with every movement you make. Beautiful.

Ehsan Mehr
Ehsan Mehr

About the flacon:
The bottle is a gorgeously shaped masterpiece designed by Karim Rashid.

About the fragrance:
I don't have a picky nose but I suppose the dominant notes are jasmine and orange blossoms. I'm not usually a fan of jasmine perfumes (Dior J'adore EDP gives me headaches!) but fortunately this one is fine.
The scent is fresh and dazzling, smooth and not overpowering at all. zvoncica's pithy description effectively defines its soul.
It's perfect as a daily Summer/Spring EDT. In fact, you can wear it in any other time of the year and it's still refreshing, if you don't douse in it. Overdosing it in cold months is not only inappropriate, but may also cause headaches in people with certain body chemistries.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Love it sprayed on a card! It is like no other perfume I know. I love white flowers but so many white floral perfumes are too sweet for me. I like the freshness and coolness in this one.

I bought a bottle of it recently and I found out that when sprayed on my skin, this scent smells quite synthetic at first. It is very strong in the beginning but the dry down is softer and creamier, with the synthetic edge gradually disappearing (thanks God for that!). Lasts pretty well on me given it is EDT.

Happy to have tried it, really like the idea of it but I wish it was a bit softer and less chemical. Wouldn't buy it again.

NNN
NNN

Lovely fragrance.
Very similar to Miss Dior Chérie L'Eau, but more floral.
I don't know if the problem is my skin, or the extremely hot weather here in Brazil, but the lasting power was awful for me, which is a pity, since I loved this perfume.
I'll try it again with a colder weather, maybe is gonna stay longer...

glitterlust
glitterlust

This is a winner for summer. In comparison to the rest of the Kenzo line this is far more believable, it's not as synthetic.

I would put this in the same vein as Mugler Cologne. It's a wonderful fresh and cooling orange blossom scent. This has a lot more going on though. You get a fruity opening with the delicious tart black currant notes. Then the orange blossom is fleshed out with gardenia but not in a sickly way. To finish it off you get white musk and woods.

It has great sillage and lasts very well for this kind of scent. I love wearing this in spring and summer and can't resist overdosing because it's so fresh and clean.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

A nice fragrance with very low staying power. In my opinion it is very similar to Hermes 24 Faubourg Eau Delicate and many other scents. It's nice to have but not a "must have" type of fragrance, and this is despite all the appreciation (not to say addiction) I share for Kenzo perfumes.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

THIS ONE IS IDENTICAL TO MISS DIOR CHERIE L'EAU. A VERY FRESH AND UPLIFTING FRAGRANCE. YOU CAN FIND THIS ONE FOR LESS THAN A DIOR BOTTLE.

Kenzo AMOUR FLORALE is a very floral-focused fragrance, with frangipani and gardenia on prominent display. The opening is really a voluptuous cloud of florality, and the development I was expecting, to the AMOUR drydown, never takes place. Instead, the opening florals merely fade, while neroli becomes a bit more prominent.

I detect no real connection to the original AMOUR--beyond the name--at all. No baby powder, no vanilla, nothing detectably oriental nor very woody. Although AMOUR seems to me very much a flanker to FLOWER, AMOUR FLORAL does not seem like a flanker to anything. This is just a nice bouquet. The sillage is initially big, but the staying power is not impressive.

tonni
tonni

Frangipani,frangipani,frangipani,frangipani,frangipani......fresh white and pink franpipani.

OMG...This scent is a big masterpiece,very exotic and tropical.Thanks to the frangipani,gardenia and neroli,Make you feel living in the southeastern asian world.

And it's all about fresh frangipani and gardenia after summer rain,fresh and pure white flowers scent,try it !

I am sure you will fall in love with it !

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

omg............. this is super baby fresh, but in the sexiest possible way. I don't know how else to put it. easily in my top ten favorites.

hantafromsanta
hantafromsanta

On me this is a woody floral, fresh and pretty clean, with powdery notes and little sweetness.

It is aside from the powdery notes far away from the original Amour scent, and I also didn't ever expect this to remind me so very much of Bvlgari Omnia Amethyste!
Maybe you won't find that at all, but my nose definitely does.
The flowers are much more emphasized here and it is not just as woody, a little more fresh and softer, but those two scents belong to the same family and are definitely _very_ alike to me!

Owning Omnia Amethyste and having worn it quite a lot, I have many associations there, Amour florale differs much too little from OA to me to evoke any differnt or new emotions or associations, to show its own original personality.

I do like AF however and it is generally unique compared to most other florals.

Casi
Casi

It is just before dawn and I am strolling through a fragrant garden, surrounded by dewy, wild roses. There is a cool, gentle breeze on this mildly-warm Spring morning. Lovingly, I pick some of these moist red roses for my crystal vase and place them atop my modest, wicker dining table for two. As I take a bite of grapefruit, it's tart, bittersweet fragrance fills the air. I add some cream to my steaming cup of spiced tea. I close my eyes as I take a drink and inhale everything...the crisp, clean scent of yesterday's freshly-cut grass mingles with my roses, breakfast and tea. This is what I envision when I am wearing Kenzo Amour Florale.

This is a romantic perfume that refreshes my mind and calms my spirit. The musk and cedar in the base add a delicate warmth to this cool, clean masterpiece. The sillage is moderate and for an Eau De Toilette, I am impressed with it's longevity on my skin. The bottle is a lovely, gradient clear-ish white opaque in the classic design of the previous editions of Kenzo Amour. I enjoy wearing Florale by itself or for a bit more intensity, I layer it with my favorite organic Rose body oil and lotion. It is official! The "House of Kenzo" is in my top five and their creations wear wonderfully on me.

I liked the original powdery and sweet Kenzo Amour, however it turned sickly with my chemistry. I had decided to try Kenzo Amour Florale in hopes that it would somehow suit me better.

The florals in this fragrance are very fresh yet strong. When I first sprayed Kenzo Amour Florale on a tester card, I was amazed by how strong the sillage was on just the card alone.

Summer and Spring seem like the perfect seasons to wear this fragrance. I'll admit that the grapefruit, black currant, frangipani and gardenia, although pleasant, do have a slightly synthetic edge, which to some may be off-putting.

I don't mind the plasticy type smell. In fact, I rather love it. The array of fresh florals in this fragrance are quite lovely. The scent is rounded off with mostly musk, which makes for a soft and feminine drydown.

I liked this fragrance so much on paper that I decided to test on my skin. Alas, once again the scent turned on me, creating something rather bitter and sour, a little like off milk. I was not too impressed. However it was due to my chemistry and not the fragrance itself.

The scent lasts and lasts, and as I mentioned before, the sillage is particularly strong. For those that can wear these kinds of scents, I envy you.

xs
xs

Smells like Miss Dior cherie l'eau, but with a different drydown.
Very nice.

Smells just like Hawaii at first, all plumeria/pikake. Sweet lush tropical whites and a faint hint of water. It doesn't have much sillage, however and dries down to nothing pretty quick. Very nice and fairly true to flowers but goes away so quickly. Ah well, it's pretty while it lasts.

olyatko
olyatko

Scent of fresh cut flowers. Light and tender but quite simple. Unfortunately not lasting :( 1 hr at the most on me...Lovely. Suitable for intime romantic moments but not for "femme fatal" image.

Aroussa
Aroussa

Hmmm... just sprayed this on my wrist, so can only share a first impression. Very simple, strong, floral scent that would have been better as a fancy air-freshner, in fact, reminds me of the smelll of one of the air freshner cans we keep in my office rest-room. Sorry, but this is just not so good...annoying even!

mr63
mr63

It smells somth like Dior cherie l'eau and Dior J'adore l'eau, and i like it. i feel gardenia very well, this scent make me happy and easier life view like first spring flowers, like first love. Very young, sexy and lovely!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Kenzo`s Amour Florale is an ode to first love.

It is Youthful.
Like Billy Idols Sweet Sixteen, silk hair and hollow jeans.
It is Timid.
Feeling of butterflies in the gut and weakening of knees barely from looking at another person.
It is Shy.
The stolen kiss on the front porch, and anonymous love letter.
It is Happy.
Disbelieving in evil and sad, running with closed eyes and never falling down. Feeling safe like a child in mothers arms.

Both breathtaking, the first love and Amour Florale.

amber_glow
amber_glow

This is the freshness that I've been looking for summer days. Energetic and flowery. After 2 hours it resembles shiseido energising fragnance on me....I ll buy it asap.

krishka
krishka

I don't find it powdery , it is quite sharp and zesty after dry down thanks to the grapefruit which is quite annoying....it smells like soap or linen spray....i think it is lacking originality, although the bottle and the ad are both beautifull the content is disappointing.

Smells like Marc Jacobs. Fresh gardenia, very nice

luz
luz

Nor similar to the tradicional one, it is very flowery (gardenia) and powdery. It is a luminous and light scent.

jonr951
jonr951

A great summer scent! I just love love love love love the beautiful bottle! My favorite of the Amour bottles for sure! Absolutely stunning! The original Amour is still my fav. from Kenzo but Florale is definately my new #2! I just might have to get me a bottle!

shelpen
shelpen

*sigh*
Yet another disappointment from Kenzo... Amour Florale is rather ordinary bouquet of indistinguishable white flowers (mostly gardenia) mixed with cedar "base". Very similar to Dior Dior Addict Shine.
Where is an innovation spirit these days???

F_A
F_A

Amour florale has very little in common with the classical Amour. I sprayed it on my skin today and I was surprised - all the flowers that were supposed to be there (roses, neroli, gardenia, frangipani blossoms) blended into a nice, fresh and innocent forget-me-nots solifloral laying on the vanilla base!It is a great floral fragrance which I would love to have in my collection.
The staying power is great.

mushichka
mushichka

Extremely clean, fresh, a bit cold scent for warm weather. Amazingly long lasting on my skin. I can feel the soapy neroli in the begining, then comesreally sensual gardenia. If you breathe in deep you can feel the rose. I like it a lot. And it's different.

marad
marad

I smelled this perfume today and I find it it very ''femme fatale''! I don't like distinguishing perfumes ingredients, for me is the result that counts.But I have one question: isn't it very similar to ANGE OU DAIMON EAU DE TOILETTE?

Arexyz
Arexyz

I was really curios about this fragrance because I bought it one week ago without trying. It arrived in white box with white bird which perfectly describes this fragrance. When I flashed up on this box with light at night I found out that the box was shimerring,...I like everything with glitters so that is the reason why I don't put it to the trash.

The bottle also perfectly goes together with scent. Shape is identically very elegant like in case of previous Kenzo Amour. But the colour is much more interesting. It is crystal clear at the bottom and at the top too. From the ends it is starting to be misty with hint of white colour and in the midle of the bottle it is alburn white.

But you know, the most important thing is fragrance. So first of all as it is written/perfume is intended for spring or summer. Summer scent are generally light, not too strong, and from time to time not long-lasting. This fragrance is real negation of that characterization. In general it is very very very strong. When I first sprayed it I was shocked. This is not my type of scent BUT when I sprayed it again, I found out that it is grateful. It is soapy and little bit powdery, white, flowery, not romantic but casual fragrance.

Top notes:
I am smelling something very strong sharp and chemical. But fortunately just for few seconds. After that I notice black currant with drop of grapefruit and lily of the valley. This flower is noticeable for all time in all fragrance levels. I dislike this top notes, because I have a strong headache from it.

Middle notes:
Again: I smell lily of the valley and gardenia. I think that there is another level between middle notes and base notes. You can feel it after 3-4 hour. In this case it is composed by gardenia at first with frangipani - this gives to this fragrance cleanness and freshness, so as for me this is the element which makes this fragrance suitable for spring or summer time. For addition: yes, there is rose but virtually unnoticeable. You are only sure that somewhere in the background is something like rose.

Base notes:
It is interesting, the part of the fragrance, which I like the most is mostly the middle. But in this fragrance i like the most the base notes. Base notes consist of cedar moschus and frangipani and hint of rose. For my nose it is great pleasure. When my boyfriend smelled it for the first time he felt sick, but after few hours he was suprised how can be this perfume beautiful.

Conclusion:
If you want perfume which will be completely unique, if you want to smell like femme fatale who knows what she want and who gets what she want, if you don't want to smell like candy or fruit, if you want to invest in good quality,.. this perfume is created to YOU. But be careful during application - as I mentioned - it is really strong.

Marianne
Marianne

Unfortunately, it doesn't smell like Amour at all. It reminds me of Escale à Portofino, Miss Dior Chèrie and Chanel Eau Fraîche. It's easier to wear in summer than Amour, though.

A very delicate yet tenacious fresh floral, gentle, lovely, iced, perfect on a hot day, feminine, almost frilly.
It seems that flowers are smelt through a thin wall of cold water. Jasmine and Frangipanier are there, maybe neroli. As per the other notes listed above, where are they? All I can smell in Eau Florale are these flowers and cold water, but it is so tenacious is has to be well fixed indeed.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

Iced florals with a hint of vanilla cream. It gets into your nose and awakens your mind. Very refreshing. Different to the other editions. More subtle and refined.

Kenzo Amour Florale by Kenzo 3.68 out of 5 based on 455 ratings and 76 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Amour Florale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Amour Florale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Amour Florale by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Amour Florale by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.