Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi Kenzo for women

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi Kenzo for women
dislike

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Amour Indian Holi Kenzo for women Pictures

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi will be available from February 2008 in a limited edition created in cooperation with noses Daphne Bugey and Olivier Cresp. It is composed of rose essence, pink pepper, peony and vanilla, what makes it different from the first Kenzo Amour. As its creators say: 'it becomes more colorful with notes of rose essence, pink pepper and peony'. It comes as 50ml (1.7 oz.fl.) EDP.

This edition is named after the Indian Festival of Colors (Indian Holi). In some countries this fragrance will be selling in a set with a book by Veronique Durruty 'Indian Holi'.

Cherry Blossom Rice Incense Red Berries

Peony Pink Pepper Frangipani Rose

Sandalwood Musk Vanilla

Legni Fruttati
Mohur

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi Fragrance Reviews

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

My daughter owns this and was wearing it today. I actually thought she had snuck into my stash and borrowed my Ellen Tracy Bronze perfume...the dry downs are that similar...floral, balsamic, powdery & perfect in the warm late Spring temperatures which seem to bring out its warm notes in the most perfect, balancing way. If the $100+ Kenzo price tags are a bit steep for your budget, I suggest you try ETB...it is very similar & an affordable scent which is easily accessible & found in many discount US stores (Ross, Marshall's, TJMaxx).
Cheers! xo

chix
chix

Soft vanilla candied cherry blossom with a hint of incense. Sadly, I also get no sillage or longevity. It's completely gone in 15 minutes. 8^{

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Nothing special unfortunately. This is going to become my bedtime scent. It is a warm vanilla-ish fragrance but it's barely there on me after about five minutes.

missgoodflower
missgoodflower

One of my favorite perfumes because it makes you feel like you're wrapped up in a warm cashmere sweater drinking some chai on a cold day. The clean smell of rice just makes it even more toasty! :)

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

Beautiful! Sweet yet sophisticated, not a clone of all the fruity florals out there. Alas, it has basically no sillage or lasting power on me, but I still wear it - I just have to reapply often!

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Thanks to a sample from a fellow Fragrantica member, I was able to try this perfume. It has a fresh sweet smell, a little fruity, a hint of sharpness at first sniff but it mellows out rather quickly into a light scent that I have to look for on my skin. Overall it's a cute scent.

Aline Ribeiro
Aline Ribeiro

I forced my nose to like this one, but it was impossible. This fragrance is too linear to me. As it was ''indian'' i though it was going to be spicier and sweeter, but not at all. Much lighter than the original Amour, less vanilla and a hint of cherry flowers. So boring... I switched it with a friend and she gave me the chilling Organza on it's place. Veeeery annoying and boring.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

I liked this scent, but it was very light- very quiet and close to the skin. No matter how much I sprayed I couldn't smell it unless in put my nose to my wrist.

AlwaysAlishe
AlwaysAlishe

Heavenly. I searched for a very long time for a perfume that would make me weak in the knees. I found exactly that and more in Indian Holi. This scent is sweet in just the right way, spicy and sensual. It has good lasting power, it isn't overly strong and the spicy oriental notes are right up my alley. I feel sexy, confident and alluring when I wear this. Indian Holi is definitely my signature fragrance. It's becoming harder to find, but trust me.. when my large bottle is gone? I will get another one.

tanpeached
tanpeached

You know when you find a fragrance that has everything you are looking for so you don't need to search any longer? That's what this perfume is for me. It's sweet, spicy, clean, fresh, sensual all in one bottle. It's a trip to heaven each time I spray it.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I can't find anything fruity, spicy, peppery or even overtly floral in this. It's just plain baby powder, sweet, innocent and ultra-feminine, and very long-lasting as well. As pretty as it is, it's also rather boring.

Gia713
Gia713

Very, very comforting. In fact, I use it almost every night just before sleep - it makes me feel sleepy, safe, clean and relaxed. It is lovely, much better than the classic version - it still has the soapiness, vanilla hint and rice-incense note of Kenzo Amour EDP, but the note of cherry blossom makes it just soo soft, like pink, cashmere pullover :)
I don't find it sexy, or bold, but I cannot belive that someone might not like it at all - it's save - for dinner at grandma's, for playing with little baby, for party with friends, and even for nice date in the winter evening.

kneissl
kneissl

As a previous reviewer mentioned this, like the original Kenzo Amour, has a note that really puts me off. It turns into a smokey peppery "makes my nose itch" scent within 5 minutes on my skin and then it completely disappears. Of all the Amour flankers I like the Florale best!

sky74
sky74

If I had to describe this perfume in words: Pure Innocence. This scent is like a beatiful young child; naive, innocent, sweet, cute. Nevertheless, I don't feel one bit childish while I'm wearing it. I feel womanly and sexy. That's a rare beauty.
p.s
Better then the original.

There is something in this flanker and the original Kenzo Amour that just doesn't work with my chemistry. I half suspect that the rice note has a lot to do with it, maybe even the peony too.

I love the name and I love the bottle, but unfortunately the scent doesn't love me. It becomes quite sharp and rubbery on my skin, with a musky cherry blossom accord mixed with some harsh, smoky incense. I really don't think I'll be re-applying Kenzo Amour Indian Holi anytime soon.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed. I really thought I would enjoy this flanker. It would have been nice to smell Kenzo Amour Indian Holi on someone else, especially one with the right skin chemistry. That cherry blossom, vanilla and rice blend must be divine.

Despite this fragrance's incompatibility with my skin, it did last a good six or more hours and projected quite strongly. I would wear it during Autumn and Winter.

Thankfully Kenzo Amour Le Parfum worked for me, so if there are any other unfortunate people who struggle to wear both this flanker and the original, do try the exclusive Kenzo Amour Le Parfum.

Satyria
Satyria

Very disappointed. Too light, within 45 minutes it's gone and no sillage at all! It could be more intense with vanilla, incense, frangipani... More like an EdT to me and really expensive in CH, I've given it to my mum.

siauseque
siauseque

I am thinking I will make this at home...baby powder with a wisp of curry.

sissu
sissu

I have no idea what effect if any this scent has on other people when I wear it, but this makes me feel sensual like none other. It's georgeous!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I tested it with Kenzo Amour on the other wrist. Overall it smells like Amour but a little spicier. From the scent I can't really tell which one I prefer. Both are lovely and have their own caracter. But the sillage and the longevity of Indian Holi on me are significantly less good than original Amour. With the same amount of application, after 8 hours I can still smell Amour easily but Indian Holi has almost gone since after 5 hours.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

This scent is so GORGEOUS!!! I fell in love with Kenzo Amour but always felt like it was missing something. Indian Holi fills in those gaps quite nicely. Can't wait for Fall again so I can wear it. It's a bit warm to wear in AZ weather.

sugarshield
sugarshield

I'm starting to wonder if I perhaps received a mislabeled sample! Because when I tried Indian Holi last night, all I could think was "Wow, this is powdery. A pretty floral, but powdery." And my opinion has not changed since first putting it on. It lasted several hours on me, and reminded me heavily of Versace Baby Rose Jeans AND Kenzo Flower, not because of a noticeable rose or violet note, but because of the powdery quality it has. Lasting power was phenomenal on me.

I get no fruit. It is fresh, not heavy or cloying, and could easily be worn in the hotter half of the springtime, I think... It really is very nice: dainty, feminine in a fragile and delicate way, like a young woman with a lace parasol walking through the park. But it is unapologetic, too, in that it lets you know of its presence and doesn't back down for quite some time. It is very well done, and I will use my sample, but I doubt I would order a full bottle of this.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

first off I just had to try this because alot of these notes here are indeed most of the my favorites! cherry Blossom, Pink Pepper, Plumeria, Vanilla, incense and rice! and the bottle looks super cool too! my kind of my frag! when I sprayed it on, I kinda got the same play doh scent I got from Hypnotic Poison, still good enough for me though, the dry down smelt better on me then HP did, I was enjoying this lovely but play dohish scent until I discovered the last power isn't too great! which really sucks because I do like this scent alot!

bellenoire
bellenoire

I bought this because I was looking for a spicier fall/ winter scent to wear. It does not stay on me! Like within 30 minutes it's gone. Considering it's not that cheap, I would not repurchase.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I attended a fragrance event a few years back and was introduced to the original Kenzo Amour. For me it was just "meh OK" then the rep showed me this LE gem and I went bonkers! I don't know how to describe "notes" but this is a lovely exotic fruity floral but it is more mature and sexier than a typical summer fruity scent. I absoltuely LOVE this, so much that I have bought a backup bottle since it is an LE and for now is still fairly easy to find.

dame piglet
dame piglet

To me, this fragrance is grace in a bottle.
It's that girl who is very pretty, then you discover that she's bright, genuine and kind, too.

The name? Well, I'll just take the word of other reviewers about the meaning. I have never been to India, so I really don't have a clue.

As for the fragrance, I actually pick up some rose in this. It appears that other reviewers haven't noticed it on themselves, but on me it is subtle, but there.

I'm mostly getting cherry blossom, creamy vanilla and rice. This is sweet without being over-the-top and it's well-blended into a lovely and very feminine fragrance. It lasts for hours, but it's not a silliage bomb on me.

If you're looking for a versatile fragrance for day or evening, this is a good one.

sofababe
sofababe

I loved Amour but I have to admit I love Indian Holi even more. there's an extra dimension to it, its more interesting and special. I want a full bottle, right now!!!

Flowercat
Flowercat

A happy reward for my daliances in the dusty back shelves of perfume stores! Although this limited edition gem was out of stock at the store, I sampled it from the almost empty display bottle, and fell in love!
This gentle, mysterious, powdery-sweet-spicey blend was immediatley delightful, and had settled down to a soft,delicate incense-like prettiness by the time I realized that the store had discontinued selling it :-(
I jumped online and found it easily :-) That was 2 days ago, and as I write I am listening hopefully for the delivery truck!
The scent lingered all day when I tried it, seeming to mingle with my own skin in a most flattering way. Even after showering it was detectable, thankfully! Not in a bullyish way, more like I'd adopted it and it was happy to live with me! The wonderful harmonies between the sweetly spicey essence of Indian Holi with my favorite vanilla and pretty flowery notes is a joy to experience. Maybe it's on my front porch now so I can welcome it home again!

xtremix
xtremix

I have never liked the original kenzo amour because it reminded me the smell of rice, which i hate. also, i found it sweet in a bad way and almost linear.
now, my sister`ve borrowed indian holi, and I`m almost in love with it.
it takes the idea in kenzo amour and reinterprets it adding more spice to overlap the sweetness, which gives it a whole new sense of complexity.

ac_scent86
ac_scent86

Literally perfect. Soft and delicate but sweet. Definitely more fruit than the original. A little over sweet at first but it mellows and lingers with a warm scent. I wouldnt call it "spicy" but there are notes somewhere in there.

portissimo
portissimo

This is the best perfume my wife wears nowadays! Perfect scent!

rohmhild
rohmhild

Spices??? Where can one find them in this? :-))) Even to be attacked with them! It does not seem "woody, balmy, spicy" (see the category) at all... Only vanilla - but it's almost in every perfume now! It's absolutely floral, and, as many people, I don't see anything indian here.

fath1ma
fath1ma

Spices attack me !!! Lol. Yeah..fierce, strong on my skin.. the wave of incense and cherry blossom fulfill the air. Pink peppers and vanilla detected after 20 minutes, the scent is softer.,sensual, warm. Sandalwood appears after next 15 minutes. Okay..honestly I'm lookin for Kenzo Amour but can't find it in my country anymore,but this one is great second choice. Longevity and silage are good. A lovely blind buy :D

A lot alike Kenzo Amour, just a little bit softer. I like it alot. Cherry, Vanilla, Rice and Musk stands out most on my skin. Great every-day-scent.

Mycket lik Kenzo Amour, bara lite mjukare i framtoningen. Jag gillar den enormt. Körsbärsblomma, Vanilj,Ris och Musk är de doftnoter jag känner bäst på huden. Härlig varje-dag-doft.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Well, this is definitely cherry blossom and creamy vanilla, absolutely delicious scent. Very lasting and remains deliciously creamy all the way through. Every single person at work said how gorgeous this smells yet nobody can pinpoint what the scent actually is. I am surprised by how gorgeous it smells and how long it lasts. Wow

Lee79
Lee79

This is just the most beautiful Vanilla I've ever come across. When I finish this bottle I'm def buying another. Just perfect...

Mrskitten
Mrskitten

I finally received this after craving it for a year. Let me start by saying I have an obsession with India and Asian cultures, so when I first saw it on the shelves I knew that I will fall in love with it. The perfume accents a lot of important ingredients and scents that you would smell visiting India and the cherry blossom you would smell visiting Japan as well. The scent bursts with juicy red berries that quickly gives its place to spicy creamy cherry blossom. The floral heart emerge itself after that turns it into a romantic journey by itself. The incense is always there but it's not suffocating incense neither in your face, in contrary the incense only adds a smokey mysterious allure to this fragrance.The pink pepper and the spices tickle your nose as it goes to its dry down which has a woodsy vanilla creamy texture complimented by the long lasting cherry blossom that lingers.
The fragrance staying power is excellent 6 to 8 hours on my skin, sillage isn't so strong it would only project itself around half of meter radius around you and the sillage last for 2 hours then it turns to a skin scent that evolves by the time spent on your skin.

My man was surprised by how romantic, sensual and feminine ( his exact words) so it's definitely a scent that would suit a romantic date, a night of passion and anytime you feel like you want to smell divine.

Its suitable to all seasons, night and day. It can take you from an office setting to a romantic date. I tried it before in the summer and the only difference that the vanilla and incense were more prominent with the heat but nothing unbearable or headache inducing (for me and others).

As for myself I will be wearing this while enjoying a homemade Indian curry dinner with my husband.

If you love cherry blossom this is a must have.

PS: Thanks hubby for finally getting this for me :)

chinna
chinna

It is more fruity-flowery rice and less creamy vanilla that K amour.The spiced smells just in the beginning.

Pari88
Pari88

oooh! I love this one! Definitely the best kenzo amour and a new favorite of mine! I will keep this around in my wardrobe for a long time. The name suits it perfectly, it is a playful happy scent. If anyone has ever seen the celebrations of holi, or the festival of colors, it is just amazing! Imagine a crowd of thousands of adults and children just throwing colorful powder on one another in such joy and carelessness, with huge smiles! Its what I imagine living in a rainbow filled world would feel like! This scent absolutely makes you feel like that...so free spirited, a happy go lucky type of personality who falls in love carelessly. A new fave! I cant believe I never tried this one before.
As for the notes, they are all detectable! Frangipani with a hint of light spices nothing harsh or in your face, and the vanilla is there all the way through, the cherry blossom shines as well. Beautifully picked ingredients that really work good together to make an unforgettable scent. I have never smelled anything like it! Unique
For an oriental floral

ZlataLaska
ZlataLaska

I bought it for my mom cause I liked it at the store. It's zesty and unobtrusive at the same time.

wind83
wind83

well, it is very nice lovely smell on my skin.
on top i can smell the magnolia, rice.. and a lot more of frangipani.. (thats make a very unusual smell)

first i wear it at morning for work, but it just 4 hours in my skin.:(
and my friends tell me i should wear it at night...:)
its smell good nice, its kenzo

i gave it 8/10

kimee
kimee

I adore this! I much prefer it to the original Kenzo Amour. Hooray for it being the first frangipani fragrance not to give me a raging headache!

It's more of a skin scent on me and smells so feminine, romantic and sexy. Everything is so well balanced and rounded, love love love! I'll be wearing this on a romantic getaway with my man next month, that's for certain!

lettyb76
lettyb76

I got a sample of this in the mail today. As I put it on my wrist and took a whiff, I immediately pictured myself walking into a candlelit bedroom that had flower petals on the bed and incense burning on the night stand. I'm in love.

atv315
atv315

I bought this years ago so I liked it at some point but I have really grown to hate a lot of scents I used to love. This, like the others, is just heavy and artificial to me.

SheSpeaks
SheSpeaks

Mmmmmm... smells so yummy.. i just wanna eat it!

dbrii24
dbrii24

Indian Holi is a beautiful mixture of innocence and edginess. At first sniff it's romantic, musky and beautiful then it turns into a subtle, smoky, sexy addiction. The musk blends in lavishly soon after application. The end result is vibrant and alluring. When I smell it I see cheerful people dancing. It's a dynamic scent full of sensuality and charm.

Update: It's summer now, and I am enjoying my Indian Holi much more now! The heat makes it VERY sexy on my skin. Just when I thought I couldn't love it anymore, wow!

luxatron
luxatron

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi starts out soft, sweet, and warm, with flowers, rice milk, and red fruits over a base of incense and the littlest bit of spice. At times, Indian Holi smells like peach cobbler a la mode; at others, it smells like rice pudding with saffron; and at yet others, like incense and vanilla.

Despite its name, there's very little spice to be found here; if you're looking for a perfume with those gorgeous Indian chai spices, you'll have to look elsewhere. The name Indian Holi refers not the spiciness of Indian cuisine, but the bright, colorful nature of Holi, a holiday in India where people throw rainbow colored pigments on each other in celebration.

It's odd, but Amour Indian Holi smells reminiscent of Burberry Brit EDP, although I can't really pick any single notes that they share in abundance other than vanilla. They both have that "peach cobbler a la mode" smell despite both lacking peach, although Brit is more fruity and bold than the soft incense of Indian Holi.

I'm not yet sure if I want to invest in a bottle of Indian Holi when I've got a full bottle of Brit hanging around for those peach cobbler-craving days, but that rice pudding and incense is so delicious that I might just go out of my way to grab a bottle of this as well.

Fatimgab

Simply amazing.. and lasts for ages!

Fatimgab

Simply amazing.. and lasts for ages!

paiged98@gmail.com

I have to say that this is one of my favorite perfumes. It is not overt in any way. It is a perfect mix of sweet and sassy. It does not try too hard with sweet, spice or floral but a blend of all make a wonderful symphony together. This perfume always lifts my mood and is a goto for me when I want a unique and comforting scent around me. I love the name and the bottle and the contents in it. You can't see the color of the juice through this bottle but I imagine is it a light golden color with all the sunny brightness and uplifting feeling this one gives me. As with a lot of Kenzo you will definately get vanilla but mostly the exotic florals, incense and spices make this a must have for any collection.

Louw
Louw

I was drawn to the gorgeous fluid shape of the bottle but sadly the fragrance was a disappointment. For me, it is overly sweet and lacks any depth.

chaosist
chaosist

I tested it the second time yesterday.
First time I tried it in May. In warm weather the fragrance developed into a creamy warm and thick scent - the incense and vanilla were very loud.
Yesterday in cool rainy weather Indian Holi turned rather cold and less creamy with rose, peony and musk being the most prominent notes. Still it was very lovely, feminine and peaceful.

BTW notes from Kenzo website:
Fruity start: red berries, rice steam accord
Floral heart: cherry blossom, rose, frangipani blossom, peony
Sensual base: vanilla, sandalwood, white musk, incense
Created by Daphné Bugey - 2008

maricuchi
maricuchi

have it, and really like it! sweet, warm and spiced vanilla, it´s absolutly a winter fragance. adorable! everybody ask me what i´m wearing when i put this on.
oh! i almost forgot to said, it last for ever, and ever, and more...

gladysme
gladysme

Lo probe junto con el Kenzo amour, que les puedo decir para mi este es mejor y tiene una aroma embriagador y adictivo , me encanta y sobre todo que a otros les encante. Cuando me lo pongo suelo tener muchos halagos por el aroma . delicios0¡¡¡¡

jackiebug
jackiebug

I Love LOVE LOVE this scent! I is simply amazing. It is different from anything I own. And when this bottle is gone; I will purchase another. If it is discontinued - I will have heart failure. I simply can't explain it any other way than sunshine in a bottle. Just makes me wish I could spray it right in my face - j/k! But if you haven't smelled it -your missing out!

paiged98@gmail.com

This is just such a lovely and warm scent. It's subtle and not overpowering not matter the quantity. One of my top ten favorite fragrances. This is a perfume that you can wear year round. I get 3 main ingredients out of this vanilla, pink pepper and the peony...it's so much more as the scent evolves but really a wonderful perfume and well made...I own a lot of KENZO!

I like this fragrance a lot, but I can't figure out what's Indian about it. I get cherry blossoms pretty well, but I definitely associate cherry blossoms with Japan. I don't really detect any spices or incense, so I was a bit disappointed. Despite my disappointment with the lack of "Indian-ness," I still would consider buying this. It's probably best example of cherry blossoms in perfume that I know of.

Koukla190
Koukla190

ok, this scent is amazing, beautiful, delicious, only NOT ON ME!! OH WHY?? I'm just so disappointed! I sprayed this on a test strip and kept it for the whole day. I thought it smelled absolutely divine! It was spicy, exotic, sexy, warm, just addictive! I couldn't stop smelling it! So a few days later I decided to spray it on my skin. Only this time it smelled totally different. This may sound wierd, but on my skin, it developed this weird scent that reminded me of play dough! So weird! But everyone I asked thought it smelled like play dough too. I noticed this with some other vanilla based orientals. Some smell like play dough on me and some don't. I don't know WHAT that note is that smells like that on my skin, but it makes me really mad because I wish I could wear this! Hahaha! All I have to say is that this a good perfume, but may not work with everyone's chemistry, so DEF test it on your SKIN and wear a while before you buy it!

Norgirl
Norgirl

this is nice and gental to . i just tested this beside the original Kenzo amour. thi to me isent very much more spicy the way i thought i would be , but almost sweeter in away.
I think its the Rice that is more prominant in this one . the original vanilla , heliotrop is there , but the peony and cherry blosoms makes it more interesting , the spices aswell . allthoug like i sayed , not very strong.
this to me have almost more play dooh feel to it then the original. nice , but note worth the buy imo.
a little to shy and simple

melbritt24
melbritt24

I am in love! This is sweet but not syrup-y gourmand IMO. I get spices like cinnamon and cardamom, beautiful sandalwood, a bit of incense, dry vanilla. This is slightly sweet from the vanilla but not at all syrup like; almost like chai-tea! Very pleasant! I just bought a bottle and it will be perfect for the autumn season!

kenzo
kenzo

I love this one. Smell very well soft and sweet.

pinkxlulu
pinkxlulu

This is lovely, youthful incense infused scent. I absolutely love it. The cherry blossom is nicely balanced by the smokiness, and the spice is very light, just giving the sweetness an edge.

marymargret
marymargret

A charming little thing. The first impression was ”oh no, another fruit syrup”. Yes, it is extremely sweet, but the combo cherry blossom - spices is a lucky one. I’m not fond of gourmand sweet fragrances, but should I pick up one, I would take Amour Indian Holi.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is a beautiful, exotic floral scent. By far the best cherry-blossom scent I've encountered yet.

The sweet cherry-blossom is the star of this perfume, along with the fresh rice steam, rose (not listed above), incense, and vanilla. It is warm and fresh at the same time. This certainly isn't loud or over-the top. It is gorgeous and soft, and would work as an everyday scent any time of the year.

The bottle is stunning, and captures the fragrance inside well - colourful, beautiful and cheery!

MsRachael
MsRachael

I adore it - the incense adds just the right amount of smokiness to the sweetness of the cherry blossom. It imbues it with a slightly mystical, exotic air that is perfectly in keeping with the name. That said, it has absolutely no staying power, at least on me. I sprayed it on my wrist, and it was all but gone an hour later. Divine, but unfortunately, very short-lived. Like being taken up to heaven and then unceremoniously kicked out, all in one afternoon.

maryco036
maryco036

This smells like every other oriental perfume out there. It is not original and it is certainly forgettable.

marrojas
marrojas

I had a hard time warming-up with it, but thinking twice is an amazing exotic scent...of course, not suitable for daily use ;)

I had this one and it was the version of Amour I liked most. It had a bit of spice and raunchyness to it. But even here the original Amour note was so strong and getting on my nerves with the drydown - because the spicyness and raunchyness faded away then. If you are looking for these kind of spices in a stronger way, have a look at Tova and "Nirvana". It's also a scent inspired by India - and Indian Holi for me was like a light version of "Nirvana".

Amylene
Amylene

I've got a sample of it and I think I'm addicted! Got to find the full version asap!

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

I got a sample of this one and I am in love!! Smells so sexy, so soft, so comforting...I can't stop smelling myself...I WILL be buying the big bottle! In the mean time I think me and my baby need to go take an afternoon "nap". LOL

anraneiro82
anraneiro82

i think this perfume is ok. i wish there was an "in between button" b/c i wouldn't say "i like this and want to buy it" but i wouldn't say i dislike it either. i like it better than regular amour. this one is lighter and i like that i smell a berry or something sweet. i don't see berries listed as an ingredient, but i smell something berry-ish and just think this one is nicer. i will have to resample to give a better opinion as i often find i need to try a perfume a few times before i decide how i like it.

FreshAir
FreshAir

I initially fell in love with Kenzo Amour but after I smelled this its my definate favorite of the two. It just has that extra something special. Its warm and cozy smelling and the incense is amazing. Another beautiful fragrance from Kenzo.

kayface
kayface

I just tried Amour Indian Holi. I havent ever smelt the regular amour, but this one is quite delicious, however it doesnt last very long.
The initial sent was lively but slightly mysterious. after only a few minutes my wrist had turned into a field of lush, flavorful flowers after a fresh rainfall, only, it had rained a crisp citrus that is lingering on the leaves and petals of the red and orange hued flowers. sadly this doesnt last much more than 15 minutes before the scene fades and subtle spices begin to saunter by, and as this leisurely parade strolls past, it begins to slowly pull a soapy, astringent scent with them, with hints of soft white flowers.
I've only been wearing this perfume for about a half hour now, and it seems to be almost completely gone.
It is an admirable piece, although it comes and goes much too quickly.

the perfume collector
the perfume collector

i have that for 2 years and i like it but it doest last so i dont wear it very often

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi is a delicious, spicy and happy scent that unfortunately gives me instant headache exactly like sister Kenzo Amour. Too bad.
The two share many similarities but Indian Holi is definetely more kicking and bright. Sillage is nice and lasting power is good.
I blame the synthetic vanilla for headache or maybe the rice note, who know? I know that many of the latest Kenzo give me this problem.
I would have bought this straight away if not for this problem.
Try first buying.

Nouna
Nouna

Amaaaaaaaaaazing juice!!SENSUAL..Sexy & sophisticated but in a confident way..not in a "Pleeease notice me.." ....I loove the fact that the incense note is right in the top notes unlike most frags that prefer to keep it in the basenotes for the drydown only..I think its kinda outrageous to have right to ur face in the topnotes...I HIGHLY appreciate that...I hope it's never disontinued ever..Thanx Kenzo!!!

andrevarx
andrevarx

Very nice and relaxed, cheerful and sensual. A great fragrance for women from young to middle age. I think not a good option for teens.

I like it a lot.

beadlady
beadlady

the presence of incense in this perfume I think is what makes it totally different from Kenzo Flower. It's a soft incense fragrance.

arb368
arb368

The opening notes of this were heavenly. I took a deep breath and exotic incense and warm, spicy musk made both my daughter and I sigh with pleasure. After a mere few minutes, however, my jaunt through the orient ended, and I was dumped into a fruit orchard surrounded by berry bushes and scattered roses. Sadly, this didn’t work with my body chemistry.

melia
melia

Differences between this and the original:
1. The original tends to be sweeter than Indian Holi, but I find Holi a little bit more complex
2. The original lasts longer than Indian Holi
Therefore, it's more likely I'll purchase the original (mostly because of the staying-power which I find very important).

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

It took me a while but I finally worked out which olfactory memory had been stimulated by Indian Holi - Pink Creaming Soda! Yummy!

It does get spicier the longer it is on but I prefer the exciting pink opening myself.

Unfortunately, this is a very weak potion & I don't really get a lot out of it. It also stimulates brain hurt (you know, when you smell something & there is that squeezing pain behind your eyes) so it is a no for me. Maybe Armour will work better for me.

Carnelian
Carnelian

Love this - there's just something about it I can't stop sniffing. Definitely in the right category, a floral woody musk! I prefer it to the original Kenzo Amour. Reminds me a bit of Betsy Johnson, which has similar notes, but I like this one much better, it's much better balanced! The top notes listed don't pop out for me so much; I get peony, vanilla and musk the most. Sweet florals, very warm and creamy smelling, with a hint of spiciness and a bit of powder from the sandalwood. It's pretty linear, not much change on me over time. Snatch it up while you can!

Ducktail
Ducktail

It starts off very powdery. It almost brings me back to days in grade school. Then the sweet/floral/musky scents start dancing around and the powdery innocence starts to fade into a more sultry, sensual scent. It is not overpowering even on the first spray and yet it lasts all day. Lovely on the nose and the eyes too.

Sissi
Sissi

I Was a bit dissapointed with this
fragrance i expected a spicy woodsy
firey untamed collection but what it turned out it was a prud very shy on my skin the water drowned out the spices
the peppers woods but i like the incense i think they shoud add more
volume of spices woods and put cinnamon
or chai tea to it but i love the Sinuous Red bottle very different and sensual.

Natalie Brown
Natalie Brown

Wow What can I say....I was very excited about this fragrance when I heard about it, after purchasing it I did'nt smell good on me at all. Because of the price, I really tried to like itie use less of it etc.It just did not work out with my chemistry.No matter how little I used it was just over powering,and much too sweet.I must say it is long lasting that is good and bad even after I washed it off I could still smell it so I finally thre it away.Then I disposed of it I had almost a full bottle but I just could not wear it or stand to smell it, this is a perfume that walked into the room before I did....I was much too much for me.

EvelynDFrech
EvelynDFrech

The only fragrance by Kenzo I think I have appreciated.

rainydays
rainydays

Possibly my absolute favorite fragrance out there! The opening berry notes aren't sickly sweet, and I love how the spicy incense is toned down with the rice steam (which is very creamy and soft). Exotic, but it doesn't scream at you... it's more elegant. Definitely a fall/winter fragrance, but maybe it could be for spring/summer if you use just a tiny bit.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Exotic and spicey,much better then the other amours.But amour le parfum is still my favourite(gold bottle)

mmizy
mmizy

okay let me start off by saying that I don't like kenzo perfumes on me. I don't have anything nice to say about them. I tried the most popular on Amour and smelled playdoh. But this one is a pleasant surprise. Its so...interesting. I smell the spices and the sandalwood right off the bat mix with the rice pudding. It does have power. And as it dries down I smell the cherry blossom stepping forward. Leaving just a pretty floral. Wow. didn't expect this. Sensual is the perfect word.

just realized that the drydown smells similiar Hilary duff with love.

Madhavi
Madhavi

I have this and I love it...
its my favorite new like Hugo Boss XX

guest_Dani
guest_Dani

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi - the most wonderful, the most sensitive, the most fresh, the most mystirious!

Casi
Casi

I don't own Kenzo Amour Indian Holi --- YET! I have Kenzo Amour and I adore it. *Refer to my review for that* Indian Holi has that extra "umph" or "kick" to it that is missing in Amour. I have tested three spray sample vials and the only fault that I find with Indian Holi is that is has minimal staying power on my skin. Preferably, I would layer Indian Holi over Amour and I have done just that to great success! When layered, these two scents compliment each other beautifully. To my nose, Indian Holi has that same soft, airy, milky, barely sweet base that Kenzo Amour is cherished for. I can definitely smell the lovely peony here along with just enough spice coming from the pink pepper/musk notes. There is also a subtle juicy, berry infusion added! I think that I actually prefer the overall composition of Indian Holi to Amour, except for the weak longevity of Indian Holi. I find it surprising, considering it is an EDP and Amour lasts and lasts on my skin like a dream. I would suggest Indian Holi for those that find Kenzo Amour nice but maybe it is too "flat" or "bland" for their taste. I must make mention of the lovely bottle, as well. Indian Holi is made identical to the Kenzo Amour bottles, in a rich, warm berry-red color with beautiful Asian-style gold script. Actually, I consider these bottles to be works of ART. This scent is absolutely delightful and when I have the money, it will definitely be an addition to my collection!

alexandragreece
alexandragreece

i feel like all kenzo perfumes are the same!i dont like the fact that they arent unique...i've never asked a woman (which i do that ...a lot!)about their perfume and got "kenzo" as an answer...so its not a perfume that you'll get compliments...you can easily find similar and low cost immitations colognes at the super-market...so thanks but no thanks!...even though i've tested all of them, i wont ever buy a kenzo perfume! xo xo

Way oversweet with a bug spray edge. This does not work at all on my skin. It has the earmarks of a sweet vanilla Kenzo, not unlike Amour, but the other notes don't blend at all on me and it's sort of dreadful. Glad it works for others, but wow, I'll pass.

Zaleska
Zaleska

It's a well balanced perfume. Powdery - but not that "old lady" powder - and creamy. Very comforting and exotic. Sweet but not annoying. I feel pretty and mysterious wearing it.

EDIT: Don't feel mysterious anymore. I feel comfortable and my skin smells like chocolate after a few hours! Delicious! My boyfriend agrees!

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I searched parfum with similar climate , soul , character as Safran Troublant and I have found Indian Holi exactly. On skin dance, blended joyfully, fresh notes cherry flower , rose, warm notes of parrying rice, sandalwood, and notes spices( pepper). Indian Holi is juicy ,spicy, but simultaneously warm and bit cream. Very appetite, very optimistic, and also magic like India, like woman and like woman subtle and sensual. Very nice, comforting, beautifull. I love it.

Jaquie
Jaquie

Honestly I smell only cherries and a little bit of sandalwood. It is very sweet and creamy. It`s the only KENZO perfume I like. Nice bottle too.

I like this exotic take of Kenzo Amour! It's more spicy than regular one, very festive, joyful and amusing! I love the packaging and hope I can put my hands on the great coffret! Too bad it's LE.

Edit 22/05: wearing Indian Holi today I had an insight: this is what Kashaya should have been!

SandraS
SandraS

I got a chance to try it thanks to a fragrantica member.

It really smells exotic to me, as standing in a fair, next to the flower and candy stands.

Its a weel balence fragrance, between floral and woody, with a touch of sweet.I don't get any musk or incense of it.

I love the Rice steam and Cherry blossom, wrapped in peony and pink peper.

On me it last all day long. I put some on the back of my neck and when i turned my head I got a fresh whaff of it. Really easy to wear, a kind of sweet freshness that uptlifted my spirit.

I think it would be great to wear on a first date or casual dates with friends.

solocha
solocha

Nice, well-blended, warm, deliciously gourmand rather than woody. Most of the time I could smell vanilla and tones very similar to those of Armani Code. That is why this perfume seems to me already existing, in many subtle variations.
Or, maybe just my nose cannot distinguish anything special.

azuriiita
azuriiita

Its encircling. Pleasant, vaporous... nice notes of sandalwood and vanilla... but don't have clear notes of incense... in my opinion its floral-spicy...
Gives me a warm-steamy sensation...
Its nice, only that for my taste...

Annie_D

I have to write about this, I have been searching for a Kenzo scent I can wear that doesn't smell like a baby powder on me. This is so sensual and spicy with some berries mixed in. It is absolutely to die for, sweet and spicy sensual, I imagine I am in India during the festival of colors. I love it!!! I found my Kenzo perfume!

Annie_D

I love this! The perfume is so soft but the pepper and rose add a hint of mystery. Lovely and multilayer perfume so soft with a hint of spice at the same time its perfect!

P.S. This does not last very long at all, very disappointing but I still want it!

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is first of Kenzo that I tried on my skin. It is very nice at the beginning- flowers with something less familiar. It's soft, a bit spicy after hour. I really like how frangipani with peony smells- very yummy! Then it's a little spicy, warm wood on me. Lasting power is good and I definitely want to try other Kenzo perfumes, they always associate something very oriental for me.

julianne35
julianne35

ı bought it 2 weeks ago..with the first sniff I felt in love with it, especially teh rice coming so nice...I did nıt hesitate to buy it..the only problem, even me hardly smel it while I wear it.the people around even do not notice that I wear a perfume! I wish it had been more intense...

Goldberry83
Goldberry83

This is a real comfort scent for me; putting it on always lifts my mood. I wouldn't say it's at all challenging. Rather, I would liken it to a warm cashmere sweater on a cold winter day - elegant, soft, and incredibly warm.

0_o
0_o

I just received this perfume this weekend. I thought I was going to love it, but I don't really like it. It's very sweet on me and it doesn't have much in common with the original Amour. I smell lots of peony and it smells kind of cheap. I don't smell any vanilla and I bought it because I'm very in love with vanilla and deep warm scents. This is just too sweet and boring, not deep, warm or sexy at all

guarana
guarana

It's a lovely, sweet, creamy fragrance, perfect for autumn. However, I think it could be a bit fruitier and more vibrant. I like it, but I still prefer the original Amour.

leomat2008
leomat2008

This one is very precious! Exotic but not in that strong offensive way the orientals are. Rice provides creamy and incense is of good quality. Soft, confortable. I love it.

F_A
F_A

Very nice "little sister" of Kenzo "Amour". The fragrance is rich, colorful and it also has the smell of rice steam that i like so much in Amour.

popcorn
popcorn

long time it is parfum is my favorite, i love it

dioradddict
dioradddict

i had the same impression, that´s a lighter version of amour...but i woudn´t wear it on summer,maybe at night...i love both of them!

guest_goldi
guest_goldi

I LOVE Amour. Smells to me like those milk bottle sweets!

So, I saw Holi today, and had a sniff. It has that soft creamy quality to it, but yes, it is more floral and tangy.

If anyone remembers Rose Musk from Boots Natural Collection, it is not too far away from that (though obviously richer and more luxurious!)

I think this is really lovely. Unfortunately, my wallet hates Kenzo.

Aeternitas

Oh and I must add it is better as a winter scent, but could be worn in summer, too. I smell the same notes as Kenzo Amour, but with a bit of peony and pink pepper added. Very nice and comforting, warm and it makes you feel secure.

Aeternitas

I just received a carded sample from Sephora and it's really not that different from the original Kenzo Amour. Indian Holi only has a bit more "bite" to it (more fruity). It's actually not as strong as Amour, which is disappointing. I completely agree with the reviewer below me. I may buy this one, though. The original Amour no longer smelled good on me - instead of smelling like rice and warmth, it started to smell like car tires :( So I gave it away. This one actually works on me. I love it.

guest_amanda
guest_amanda

I cant really see the difference between the original one and Indian Holi. Maybe this one is lighter but just a little bit, and losts its powdery notes which i liked in it but i would say its the eau de toilette version of amour, not another perfume.

Marianne
Marianne

I've tried it out today and it's not quite as woody as the original, but very delicious. It brings back memories of my childhood. I also like the colour of the bottle which is a bit more glowing and pink than the fuchsia one.
Although I can't make out any special notes, it's very well combined - very warm and sensual.

Aeternitas

I already have the original Kenzo Amour and I love it's sweet warmth... this must be even more incredible. Looks awesome, too! I read reviews on it from other websites and according to them, it will be more fruity. Sounds decadent!

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo 4.09 out of 5 based on 702 ratings and 117 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.