Designers » I-K » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Total people voted: 1960

I have it: 1463 I had it: 635 I want it: 922 My signature: 75

Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant Kenzo for women Videos
Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant Kenzo for women Pictures

Kenzo Jungle was the name of the first Kenzo boutique in Paris. Kenzo Jungle follows two themes. Nature and flower, but the presented by Kenzo Jungle is a special, cyber-nature. This spicy floral fragrance was created in 1996. It opens with airy mandarin, fresh cardamom, cumin and clove. The heart unites ylang-ylang, licorice, mango and heliotrope, while the base wraps it all with patchouli, vanilla, amber and cashmere, which create intense and sensual trace.

The nose behind this fragrance is Dominique Ropion.

Mandarin Orange Cloves Cumin

Caraway Mango Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Licorice Gardenia Cardamom

Amber Patchouli Vanilla

Matsuri

Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant Fragrance Reviews

CatherineLaundon
CatherineLaundon

I HAVE THIS PERFUME FOR TRADE. VISIT MY PROFILE FOR DETAILS.

Even though Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant was launched in 1996, it smells like it should have been born a decade earlier. Nowadays The Elephant is elusive, only available in Kenzo boutiques or on official online retailers, leading many people who had previously purchased it from places like Sephora and Debenhams to believe it had been discontinued. But never fear! This elephant is still going strong if you know where to look for it. Its sister fragrance Kenzo Jungle Tigre was discontinued a while ago however, which is a bit odd as it was definitely the more commercial of the two!

Starting with the packaging, the perfume comes in a clear rectangular glass bottle topped with a gold elephant shaped cap. I was a bit disappointed to find that the cap is made from quite bendy plastic, rather than metal, as up close it looks and feels kind of cheap.

Scent-wise this is Christmas in a bottle! I first received this perfume in the height of summer but decided to put away until December because it is so obviously a winter scent. My immediate impression of this perfume when I sprayed it the first time was: Christmas potpourri. It smells exactly a big bowl of Christmas potpourri, or perhaps mulled wine.There's something rather disturbing about smelling this on a person, though. It feels like it would make a much better scented candle or a room spray, rather than a perfume.

And this perfume is a monster, the very definition of "powerhouse"! As other reviews have noted, spray this more than once and you've over-sprayed. The scent opens up with a burst of cloves and very a quiet (almost imperceptible) mango note which wafts underneath the billowing tendrils of vanilla. The first ten minutes or so of this scent are my favourite part. The vanilla doesn't completely overwhelm everything and you can smell the freshness of that mango. But from here on is where I have issues...

The perfume moves on into a heavy liquorice-y, cinnamon-ey vanilla. And this isn't a sweet gourmand vanilla. It's spicy and warm, but not foodie. You've smelt these notes before, but not in this combination! Overall, this perfume is one of the densest scents I have come across. It has a murky/ blurry quality to it, that makes me feels as though I am been suffocated by trails of vanilla-infused fog! Like I said, this is a scent that I feel would be better suited to a candle or a room spray, and not a person. It's too heavy, too overpowering, and too artificial to seem like anybody would naturally exude it. But then again, it is all a matter of personal taste, as I seem to be alone in my deep dislike of vanilla. Why do they have to put it in almost everything?!

I like to spray this once on my chest, and trust me, this is enough! Any more and it's an instant headache for me. Just one spray in the morning quite comfortably sees me throughout the day and I can still smell it when I wake up the next morning. Seriously.

Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant (and I don't know why they picked an elephant!) is marketed as a feminine fragrance, probably because of the vanilla. However, because a sweet gourmandy vanilla this is not, I would very much like to smell this on a man. I wonder if this could be pulled off as a unisex scent?

A real winter-warmer of a fragrance, but definitely a try before you buy! This scent is an acquired taste- the winter equivalent to Thierry Mugler's Womanity, in terms of it's density and outspokenness. Oh L'Elephant, I so desperately wanted to understand you! It's not a complete scrubber for me, but it's close. I shall continue to wear this throughout the winter, as I may grow to like it more, but I doubt I would buy this again in a hurry. Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant seems to have many, many diehard fans though, so what does it matter it failed to totally win over me?

suyai
suyai

This is the perfect winter fragrance, spicy with some sweetness, it reminds me of bonfires, spiced rum, and cinnamon treats. The first minute or two it's incredibly strong and the first few times I wore it the scent wa just overwhelming, but now I love it. I get compliments on it at every gathering. I don't wear this to work though because I do work in close contact with patients and the scent is too strong for being that close.

Silvery

I think I can't add any more new information about this perfume, but I have the urge to write a review :D
Six years ago (It's hard to write it down, I'm getting older :)) I so much wanted to love this very intriguing scent, but I was too young for it, I suppose. It was so beautiful on my head teacher, woody, warm, a little spicy, just like her.
Today I sprayed it on my wrist, and it's soo wonderful!! Delightful combination of spices (actually it smells cinnamon a lot, but I know it's not on the list) and a hint of sweet vanilla. I can imagine a hotheaded, independent woman wearing it, not giving a f*ck about what others think of her :D Kind of masculine and such a unique scent, that some men might not like it->they're incompetent :P Anyways, finally I'm mature enough to wear her majesty, so I have an idea for X-mas present for me ;)

cgendron
cgendron

This is definitely a potent winter fragrance. Opening is very strange but it's absolutely beautiful after a few minutes!

halona1
halona1

It's sexy! On me Jungle smells like lemon slice in black spicy oriental tea and later it gets more woody and earthy but still attractive. I think it could be perfectly worn by man too. Gucci Rush is younger sister of Elephant, I find them players of the same league. So if you own Rush or just need spicy bohemian kick in your collection, try this gem. I miss old school Kenzo, nothing comes out new and good like this anymore.

turtle91
turtle91

I have a 1ml vial and it seems to have evaporated!!! I love the spiciness of it. Kenzo seems to be really good at oriental scents.

herculano
herculano

At my age, you'd think I would know better than to blind buy L'Elephant, let alone that I would believe, without ever trying it, that it was my one and only true love. I became a little obsessed with reading reviews of it, and then shortly thereafter the obsession turned into a NEED to try it. I was convinced it was MINE. Even though I dont like licorice. Even though cinnamon is what I want, not cloves. Even though the thought of smelling like cumin grossed me out.
However, I do LOVE cardamon... and I love the "idea" of spicy... and I liked the look of L'elephant... and the reviews were simply too intriguing. Mostly, I love quality and fine art, and rareness... I love the unique... and so I think this is what I trusted in from both the love and hate reviews, which ultimately convinced me to go for it. This perfume leaves a trail of unmistakeable respect in its wake... and for that, I decided to live a little and throw caution to the wind.
And I am still doing so two days later, after receiving my Elephant in the post. I am wrestling with this f*cker.
First sniff... DISGUST. Alarm. Letdown. Fright. I then went through an outrageous fit of paranoia ... truly suspicious of the makers... that it was a joke perfume, meant to study marketing ... or designed to create a cult following, and the experiment was successful ("lets see if we can create a cult") That the people who created this monstrosity had laughed and laughed in the 1990's at the "little people", us peasants, who were successfully convinced by clever marketers that this frankenstein was something wholly different and went out into the world looking like garish circus clowns, a pack of scary, stinky, fools. Yeah, I went THAT FAR.
But I decided that was nutso, and I came back to reality (sort of).
Really... had I never heard of this, and was given a bottle, and had I sprayed it... It would have been put into the trash immediately (the outside trash). I would have thought this was really truly bad perfume that nobody in their right mind could enjoy. Just garbage.
That first spray is putrid. Its too much make-up on the crazy lady. Garish. Insane. Downright ugly in a scary way. Sweetness in a poisonous, skull and crossbones way. Alarming.
A half hour in from the first spray I actually felt bewildered and on the very edge of possibly sick. I was decidedly uncomfortable wearing this. For me there was a sickening, cloying sweetness... and at the same time a very nebulous weird quality to L'elephant that made it so it couldnt ever be pinned down. At this point, there would be short bursting nanoseconds of heaven, but they would be replaced by "no you made a mistake, NOW see my maggotty skin!!! BOOO!". Weird abracadabra poltergeist sh*t.
Someone else also mentioned "copper penny in mouth smell" and I absolutely hear that. Its not that, yet it makes perfect sense. So hard to describe this witchy brute.
Determined to find the respect and love within my soul, I fought the good fight with it, and as I said, I am still in the ring with the elephant now, tired and bruised but still in there.
There are moments of real beauty in L'elephant. Soft, enveloping ecstasy of something too perfect for this world. Ethereal earthiness. Beautiful contradiction. Majesty. I've at this point gleaned the absolute high-art of sensual perfection. But man, getting there is exhausting, and so far those perfect pretty bursts are only moments. Maddeningly elusive. And as so many others have said... I think spraying l'elephant is an art in itself. There is a fine tuned trick to this perfume, and it has to do with a VERY strategically measured way of spraying, or dabbing. I dont think describing this art as "only use one spray" is enough. There is more too it. I expect to understand more about this as I experiment with Elephant.
Spraying wrongly... There are times I can actually watch it turn from an angel with her heavenly harp to a screaming... evil... scary... banshee. The high pitch that elephant goes to at times really is like an elephant trumpet. Honestly its a perfect perfect description... its an impossibly never ending reverberating echoing forever screech... true definition of outrageous (aha... now theres a little respect I just neatly stumbled into. How in the world did they capture an elephant's trumpet shriek in a SMELL?? More witchcraft.)
I am still committed to have a relationship here and to stick it out until I solve the mystery and get to know it better. Perverse, I know, but I will wear this for at least a week. I will overspray when I know I am going only out for errands, and I will under-spray (if thats possible) when in others close company. I will experiment and watch others reactions, and see if its possible to balance an entire Elephant atop my head... and wear it like the royal headdress it was designed to be.
Because scent is an incredible thing... you have a real relationship with your fragrances... and you carry that relationship and its nuances into the world... It is a fine art, and Dominique Ropion an absolute master. It is my admiration of his genius, and my faith in that genius which will keep me trying this one.

Update: Successful... I now love L'elephant!!! Avoid smelling it for the first 60 seconds. Plug your nose (for a few seconds after you spray). Then, inhale a rich, perfectly ripe JUICY mango... Sitting on a table ready to eat along with piping hot cardamom pudding, liqorice tea, and Nag Champa insence wafting lightly through the room (its there... I just pulled out my Nag Champa oil to sniff... and yup... thats it!). Deep, warm... beautiful... dries down to a miraculous softness (amazing to me, because its such a brutally strong thing in the beginning) Mangos been eaten now... now its deep amber liquorice vanilla with spice all around it. I now get why people call it "cozy" or "comforting". It is. Please, if you did what I did, and bought this blindly... give it a real few days of wear... get to know it.... you may find you completely fall in love. The rewards are ample, and all the more because of how very unique it is. LOVE... Will wear all winter and will experiment again with it in the summer. This perfume DOES settle into your soul and imbibes you with some sort of ancient womanly confidence. My witchcraft metaphor for the scent stays true for me as I get to know it, and as I wear it out in public. I'm in a phase of absolute wonton abandoned WAAAYYY overspray with L'Elephant and am concerned that I will be arrested. But so far people have been stopping to talk to me way more often... Strangers, only men so far (if you really want to test how you carry perfumes on the general public, get a dog and walk it often in your neighborhood, and slightly overspray your perfumes. You will find out the truth.) But mostly, I just love this mysterious, deep, rich, exotic scent... for me and my mood. To me its become almost everything... Its perfect for me when I am feeling introverted, and its perfect whenI am feeling crazy and alive... for me its totally versatile... and I am beginning to believe this could be my new signature. I am, however, very fond of BIG perfumes. I like them sensual and mysterious and complex, and yet still in your face. Case in point: My signature scent for years was Amarige... generous Amarige (but my skin really eats perfume, even L"Elephant... so dont get your panties in a bunch). Anyway, what can I say? I love this perfume ... Over the moon to be precise. I actually do not want you to try it.... I want it all to myself.

Bublegum
Bublegum

First time I smelled this I disliked it. I guess it didn't fit the hot weather. Second try during a 9°C (48°F) and I finally understood what is the hype all about. Spicey and creamy. Indeed it smells like Christmas. The spices (especially the cloves) is the thing that you will smell the most, so if you don't like them, don't waste your time and money and just stay away. And don't overdo it. It is a very unique perfume and you cannot mix it with something else. Very good longevity and sillage. I suggest it for cold days and nights and in order to enter the christmas mood.

Tamsin81
Tamsin81

I love this perfume, reminds me of Christmas. Such a sexy scent. Sometimes i forget how strong it is and spray too much, but once it dies down, you have this creamy, powdery cardamom scent. Delicious.

antihero
antihero

This is beautiful soft spices and sweetness; perfectly blended cardamom, mango, and cloves. Easy to wear. A distinct spicy perfume. Miles from the overwhelming spice explosion. This is superb.

gfp
gfp

very bold and strong. oriental sweet and spicy. for women over 30. and only for winter time . somehow it reminds me of maroussia .do not pour it over yourself or you will be outcast :-)

prairiebellecandle
prairiebellecandle

Love this strong, lasting, ethereal scent..discovered it in Russia when adopting my daughter 17 years ago! Our Liason was wearing it, and she smelled heavenly. Got a bottle from an underground-mall of vendors. Still love it. Dries down to a candy scent. Day-Star Fragrances Oils and Hayward Enterprises Fragrance Co. carry really EXCELLENT (SPOT-on) dupes for this fragrance! I make my own shower and lotions to accompany the fragrance. You can also buy pefume base and mix your own spray!

amoregal
amoregal

I had been thinking of buying this fragrance for a very long time. It seemed that people either loved it or hated it. There were horror stories of how strong it was. It had all the ingredients I look for in a perfume so I decided to go for it.

I am so glad I did. I really, really like it. It is definitely very unique. I felt like I could be walking in the bazaars of Marrakesh or in a craft shop out in the country. As others had warned, I only used sparingly and to me it smelled very exotic and dark. I am a brunette and it fit my personality. I don't do well with flowery scents because of allergies, so I stay away from them. This one caused no headaches or sneezing! I can see how this scent may not be for everyone, but to each his own. It is spicy, but not manly. Actually pretty warm, cozy and feminine. Even my boyfriend commented on how exotic and sexy I smelled. A real keeper - the perfume and the boyfriend. ;)

ceecee474
ceecee474

freaking beautiful!! There have been like 1800 reviews of this so I will be brief. It starts out cloves and (on Me) stays cloves for 2 hours straight. This was okay with me cuz I love cloves, but I was disappointed in what I thought was a very linear perfume.
Wrong! After 2 hours other spices come out to play and the vanilla amps up. Happily, got no cumin smell. It gets better and better, and five hours in it's all about Amber, vanilla and in the background anise and cardamom and mango....Love it. Can't stop smiling.
This one is going to take me on an elephant ride all this fall and Winter.
Christmas has come early and I couldn't be happier.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

For me the top notes are tropical fruit: mango, and the ylang taking on a banana-like quality, and spice - for me clove and not cumin come out instantly. In the middle are the florals, which are quite gentle in comparison to the top and base, although they give the fragrance a powdery quality. The base is a sweet amber. All are blended nicely.

I'll try saying what the perfume is not:
- Although the perfume is spicy, it is not a masculine, peppery or dry spice, but the cloves do lend the fragrance a gentle smokey note.
- It is also not really a "floral" fragrance; the florals are there, but add to the haze of sweet and fluffy when combined with the vanilla and amber base.

Now for what the perfume is:
- It has a "clingy" quality I associate with scents of that era - I am aware of the scent particles moving around me - sometimes I taste them - and I imagine them settling on my clothes.
- Both modern and retrospective: the fluffy florals are a nod to l'Heure Bleue, and the smoky spice to Shalimar, but the combination of fruit, floral and spice mean that it feels quite modern with many of today's fragrances.

I thought I had never smelt this, but it brought back memories of being a child in the 90s - it must have been wafting on the air! Perhaps for that reason, or because I'd rather wear either of the classics I mentioned above, I'm not sure I'll get a FB, but it is a well-blended fragrance and I can see why it has its fans.

Good for: fighting the autumnal chill.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I just love spicy perfumes especially in the colder weather. This is a really amazing one and I will wear it this winter. I have been wearing perfumes since the 1960`s so I have smelled some really powerful ones over the years. This is not a heavy hitter to my nose and I do know that many people may disagree. Maybe my nose is use to really heavy perfumes.
Cloves, cardamom, caraway, amber and cumin, these are really heavy to use in a perfume but the vanilla, mango and mandarin tames this beast down. Longevity is amazing and sillage is really good as well. I have a wonderful 100ml bottle to see me through this winter.

Kat von E
Kat von E

I blind purchased it and I was so sure I'm going to like it. I like spicy and strong, but I guess I wasn't expecting such amount of cloves in it. Before even opening the box I felt the sour, bitter and sharp smell. And thats the main note in this perfume. And I dont like this sharp note, I was expecting warm, smooth strong spicy (something like Cashmere), but this one for me is sharp and hot. I have tried it two days now, maybe I will have to give this one a bit more time. I really hope I will start to like it a little more... because I do have a big bottle :)

shivabglr
shivabglr

I wore lots of this baby last winter..

so it's early autumn now and I'm craving this badly, specially on cloudy days!

Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant makes me feel like I'm in India! it literally takes me there when I put this on!
like being in a tropical forest where there are all kinds of exotic tropical fruits, colorful birds singing everywhere, and there's a hot clean beach at the back of the forest!

This has got to be one of the happiest smells ever!

The first thing that attracted me to this was its nostalgic feel,
I'm a 90s child and my older cousin wore this when I was young maybe 10 yrs old, (yes this perfume was worn by many rich people in my area back then)
I ADORED the smell on her, and to me it was the most luxurious smell ever!

so last year I encountered it, immediately recognized the smell, and had to have it!

By reading the reviews you might think this is super spicy, but it's really not!

it's a cute sweet fresh smell, deepened by the most compatible notes which sit really well on my skin, and it's really dense and well-blended like many other 90s perfumes and you can't easily pick up the notes like newer perfumes these days,

I love the fact that no note empowers,
also it's so fresh on me, without any screeching cedar or citrus,

there's definitely something animalic and playful in it which for me works as pheromone,

but it's both innocent and dirty at the same time!
both warm and fresh!
just enough sweetness and freshness,

compliments all the way!

I'm thankful for my big decant!

♡♡♡♡♡

christianne1
christianne1

FINALLY tried this for the first time today and it is hardly the scary beast I was expecting! Maybe my nose is just so acclimated to strong and spicy scents that this one seems more cuddly to me than beastly. It is spicy but more like comforting Christmas cider or a whiff of potpourri. There is a creamy warmth to it. Once it settles down it is actually fairly tame with the star being a beautiful vanilla. Still a bit spicy but not beastly spicy by any means. Or maybe it blew my nose out and I've gone a little hyposmic and am clearing out buildings without knowing it. I find L'Elephant to be a lovely spicy vanilla with a festive feel. Perfect fall/winter scent and great for holiday parties.

rvs1182
rvs1182

Kenzo Jungle le Elephant EDP - I am in love with you!
I never was a big fan of Spicy perfumes until I encountered with you.
Thank you for smelling "Gorgeous" spicy on me...
The bottle... The beauty!

Reviewers, Thanks for all those wonderful comments, because of which I hold this beauty today. Holds true to each of your honest lovely reviews :)

yvonne961
yvonne961

i knew this would be good but it exceeds the expectation miles more: mildly strong and comforting with embracing longevity. it's like one entered Taj Mahal. and it is not overly powdery like other 90's creations. wish i could sniff the tiger too, however first have to know where to find its traces. :(

unevoixnoire
unevoixnoire

I adore this fragance. I can't understand why, because I usually find spicy and strong fragances suffocating, but this I can bear. It has been so special to me for a long time, I couldn't describe it. It reminds me of cold, sultry date nights and the strange intimacy of large parties. Comforting and enticing at the same time... unique.

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

Good God is this Strong!!
I remember the first time I smelt this and I absolutely hated it. I thought it was obnoxious and way to spicy for my taste.

Now I really like it, I don't love it and I don't think I could ever love it but I like it for what it is. On my skin it's a very "clovey" fragrance with lots of warm vanilla and cardamom. There is nothing fresh or floral or citrusy about this fragrance it's very heavy and very intense on my skin and whilst I thought it would settle down and simmer a bit it just got heavier as time went on. I thought to myself "What the hell is happening here?" I will admit I did end up having to wash it off because it was just to strong.
I like this- but I don't wear it so i just smell it out of the bottle and that's good enough for me.

The lasting power is epic, the projection is epic- this is truly heavy stuff but it has so many beautiful qualities that it might just tempt you into buying a bottle and being brave enough to wear it.

TheSultan
TheSultan

everything about this stuff is really cool. From the cool looking bottle, to the even cooler looking, heavy cap, to the cool smellng fragrance. It's really, really current. Doesn't smell like something made, almost 20 yrs ago.

It smells newer than that. Young or older can wear this. And when I first smelled it, I had no idea it was made for women. Something this spicy can be worn by anyone.

this is a spicy, clove bomb with a peachy stain on it, and a really nice creamy drydown that really does smell like somebody dropped a handful of red hot, fire candy in a chai latte.

I wear this for nights out on the town..to a party or something festive. I rock it in warm or cooler weather. I dont care. You just have to watch how much you spray. 3 sprays of this, and Im good for 10 hrs.

maremaree
maremaree

My best friend got it from her boyfriend and i was really amazed. Eventhough the scent is powerful and strong,this perfume also has a soft,femine side,which I find very attractive. I wear it on summer as well as on winter,it connects with my skin and we are in relationship almost 2 years. I love him,he loves me.
This is veeeeery looong lasting on my skin,and i love those morning moments when I wake up and relise he is on me

ellina1984
ellina1984

At the top I smell a lot of spices. Cloves, and spices that remind me a lot of curry - a touch sour perhaps, but still the cloves are way more prominent. At this stage, the cloves seem to have a mini-numbing effect on my nose! There's also a bitterish citrus zap that gives this some brightness.

In the middle it's calmer and becomes sweeter, much in the way a pot of thick, simmering syrup would fill the kitchen with sweet fumes wafting from it. I get a flowery aura, and would swear there is a hint of rose in there, but the listed notes do not confirm that. The gardenia doesn't come forth on me, and that is something I am thankful for.

The drydown is incredible. I can smell pistachio baklava, in all its spicy, nutty, buttery glory, dredged in honey syrup. And yet, it doesn't become heavy, or cloying, but is instead elegant and ladylike in a more exotic kind of way.

As fas as sillage goes, I sprayed once, and when my husband walked into the living room after fifteen minutes, he asked what I had sprayed.

EDIT: I wore this yesterday, and inadvertently sprayed twice (once on cleavage, once on my back). It was TOO much. One spray is enough. Two sprays and you've oversprayed and the clove takes for ever to wear out.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is spicy at first, almost overwhelmingly so but if you like scents you can smell without holding your wrist up to your nose, this is a great one. It has a lovely trail. Once it calms a bit I find it a wonderful spiced vanilla, like chai. Delicious and intoxicating -- one of my very favorites. Lasts well, wonderful sillage -- just a drop is plenty.

Gabba
Gabba

Migraine in a bottle - that's how this perfume should be named. Hate it, in every phase more and more.

Greicealix
Greicealix

Okay, this one is no joke. One of the most striking oriental and incisive scents that you'll ever feel in your entire life.

India, Indonesia, Bangladesh!

Initially has the same impact of Samsara EDT, so spicy both are, despite being very different. If Samsara EDT opens balsamic and juicy, L'Elephant opens sharp, green and with TONS of cloves. Distant cousins, maybe!

Politely, comes the mango, sweet and juicy, yet spiced by cloves. It's funny how this combination results in something that reminds me a hint of cinnamon, but this is not part of the composition. Surprising.

Longevity? kind of... FOREVER
Sillage? OMG. "Whom is this scent from?" Someone Says. But you left the room like five minutes ago!

Mighty Like a trip around the world, if this perfume was a movie I would say it is Eat Pray Love.

Mystic, astrological, reminds me of what Julia Robert's character lived: a time for you to reflect on the cycles of life, the kind of emblematic stage of your life when you feel that things are changing and realize that this is not necessarily bad, after all. Even when things are beyond our control and dont go as planned, the unexpected inherent situations of life can surprise us very positively! That is the great lesson of this scent! =)

Sweet, warm, magical. Emblematic like riding an elephant by Indian ancient landscapes. Surely L'Elephant invites you to travel the world, but requires you to focus on the East. As a mandatory stop. And I assure you: you will LOVE it!

parrothead58
parrothead58

STRONG...if you can't handle strong perfumes stay away from this one. Hard to wear in public today without someone remarking on how harsh it is to them. Well I love it so get over it already.

@jenniferlincoln
@jenniferlincoln

This strong fragrance is not for everyone so test it first if you can. I bought it blind and I am not giving up on it just yet. I think this will be one I grow to love and appreciate. It is an explosion of spices and it is not your typical perfume. This reminds me of the more expirimental niche perfumes but clearly it is created by a master.

antqueen
antqueen

Wow, been meaning to smell this for years and finally got round to. Smells like I've just walked into a Lush shop! I get a lot of patchouli - the dusty, earthy, slightly soily variety heaped with plenty of vanilla. There are hints of spice but I dont think these are dominant. Will need to test on skin.

susiebashse.
susiebashse.

Perfect spicy patchouli with vanilla. Blind bought 1ml sample from eBay. I love this...just what I have been searching for. Patchouli dominates on my skin, but not too much.great sillage and longevity. Vanilla dry down is gracious and clean, not that sickly cheap candle vanilla.
This is special. I have been blind buying samples and vintage scents for the last 6 months. This is the best yet.

norah0422
norah0422

I was shocked nobody said this smells like Tom Ford Black Orchid, so it must just be me and my body chemistry! I have the 1 ounce bottle of the Tom Ford, and it's very strong, and just too....'out there' for me. It would have worn me as opposed to me wearing it. My husband uses a spritz occasionally on his stomach (it's too much coming from an exposed area. Much nicer if it wafts out through your clothes and with movement), but otherwise, I won't touch it anymore.

Needless to say, I felt shocked, disappointed, and confused when I sprayed this and it smelled exactly the same as Black Orchid, albeit a tad less harsh. I stuck it out, and it softened considerably within an hour, and was gone in about 4. My skin eats up perfume- citrus disappears immediately, as with most light florals and aquatic notes. I stick to "darker" things simply because they last longer. I wore Angel for a long time, being one of those rare people where it didn't go too sweet or too patchouli, but got sick of people knowing the scent and saying, "oh, my aunt/mom/sister/best friend wears it too." I've been wearing Shalimar because it is the only perfume I can still detect 6 hours later. Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant was a moment where I strayed, because everyone does. Your curiosity gets the best of you, and you start to wonder if you can do better.

This was not better. It's a softer, cheaper (considerably so) Black Orchid for me. It is pleasant, but just not Holy Grail status for me. I'm looking for Christmas in a bottle. I've lived in the desert for almost five years now, and I miss snowy, sparkly Christmases full of orange pomanders, mulling spices, real trees, and gingerbread. I'm starting to wonder if Shalimar is it and I just can't accept it.

llburris
llburris

I am in love! I blind bought this knowing there were several notes I wasn't familiar with.... I cannot be happier. This is now in my top 5. The sillage is huge and that is a must for most of my choices. This will always (hopefully) be a part of my collection. Who knew all those spices would work so very well together. Seamless......

androidi
androidi

One drop of this perfume is enough to reveal its nature. The sillage is huge. The opening is filled with spices and is both sharply bitter and sweet. Too much of it would give me a headache in minutes. Though, when smelled from a further distance, it has almost coconutty softness, possibly thanks to ylang-ylang.

Spices (clove, cardamom) and vanilla are the most prominent notes after an hour. When smelled close up, the fragrance does not soften too much with time but it keeps the pungent smell of fresh spices. I can't wear Jungle l'Elephant often but it does have something addictive and I keep on returning to it time after time.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Oh no - I just discovered the Tiger version and now I'm unsure which one I've actually tested :D Will report back but the one on my arm smells like a lovely cinnamon roll. Yummy!

Sweetloverxoxo
Sweetloverxoxo

I have a mini bottle of this.It's very spicy.Some people would find it sexy.So so fragrance for me.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

Whoa whoa cloves! No!

mooglebuns
mooglebuns

This has been a journey for me. I blind bought this based on the notes, expecting something different. Well I got it.

My first reaction was Christmas potpourri. I didn't want to smell like Christmas potpourri. I had taken it out of the package on the front steps immediately after getting the mail because I have a perfume problem. I didn't give it enough of a chance. I just put a little drop on and took a deep breath.
I thought this was a joke. I must have gotten a fake.

I went and took my shower and moved on with my life.

About a week later I decided to try this again. This time I made sure I wasn't going anywhere and could let this little elephant stomp around for a while uninterrupted.

I am so glad I did! This time I got mangoes, amber, thick vanilla, cloves, spicy spicy spices! So many wonderful smells swirling around my skin.

This is definitely a perfume experience. I think my nose was just so shocked at how un-perfume like it was. The warm smooth spiciness of l'elephant is a scent I very much enjoy now.

I haven't worn this out among the masses but a couple times though. I don't know if they're ready for it, plus I kind of like to just sit alone and go through the scent adventure with this amazing perfume without anyone else's opinion needed.

I can't even do this justice with words I think. This is something you have to try yourself. Whether you'll enjoy the ride is another story.

Also, the dry down many many hours later is the most velvety smooth vanilla I've ever had the pleasure of smelling.

In summary, this is a sweet, dry, exotic, comforting, sexy, dirty perfume that might just surprise your perfume palette.

zind
zind

One day I know I will need to get a big bottle of this.

I love that it's shockingly strong as a lot of perfumes fade quickly and doesn't want to last on my skin. The opening is very spicy and harsh, it also last for quite a bit longer than I'm comfortable with. On the other hand I can not make up my mind about it because I also happen to quite like the opening. But then it settles and grows a lot of warmth and oh my god, it is so beautiful and unique and delicious!

I think the name suits it pretty well and it would most definitely would be awsome on a woman in a flowing leopard dress, big ear hoops and an exotic scarf wrapped around her head. It's an oddly comforting scent and I totally get why you'd find it best suited for winter. But I wouldn't hesitate to use it in the summer, it's just something a bit weird about picturing this on someone with big, clumsy wintershoes and a down coat in the snow. In front of the fireplace with the snow piling up outside - yes. I just feel that it deserves a bit of "class" and it's one of those I'd probably wear with hippy, hobo, bohemian outfits, or for a special night in the classic black dress. And most definitely for winter days spent inside, because it's really comforting and warms you up like a steaming cup of spicy tea.

On me it's a bit like ginger biscuits without the ginger, right out of the oven - if that makes any sense! Much more a sweet, spicy and juicy cake rather than an indian restaurant sort of vibe. God, I can't stop sniffing my wrists... yummy!

lacana7
lacana7

vanilla and cinamon ,very strong but so good

laurakaye
laurakaye

Oh my goodness! This is a festival of spices, a celebration of cinnamon - my first thought on trying this for the first time from a dab bottle was WOW!!

Normally I tend to shy away from powerhouse scents like this, but I think I could pull this one off, especially in colder months. It reminds me of a steaming bowl of chai tea with some extra spices thrown in just for fun...or being wrapped in a multi-colored blanket staying cozy and warm while watching the snow fly outside.

Like an elephant, this cannot be ignored. Love it.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Scent is the strongest arbiter of memory among the human senses, and as such a smell that reminds you of something you love is bound to be a joy to you.

Elephant is one of my top five, desert island perfumes, something I know I'll be beggaring myself to buy on ebay in 20 years. It reminds me of a good meal in an Indian restaurant, and over the years my husband and I have had so many of those, all over the country, that to me it is a tremendously warm and intimate scent.

It's a bit like chai: cardamom and clove, fennel...after ten minutes or so I get the heady smoothness of vanilla.

All things spicy and delightful.

umma toga
umma toga

This is a gorgeous scent. I fell in love when I tested it. Yes it is warm and spicy but to me the spicyness is well balanced by the amber and vanilla. It is intoxicating and quite unique. Dominque Ropion really is a genius. This perfume affirms his brilliance.

bonnie52
bonnie52

Why do so many people say it's only a fall/winter scent??? I bought it in colder weather and just liked it. Now that the temperatures are heating up…I LOVE IT!

htothek
htothek

This is an amazing fragrance and one of my all time favourites - I am never without this! This truly triggers all the emotions within me that one would get from an endorphin rush. It is fruity, woody, sweet, masculine, vanillery, sexy, spicy, sophisticated, feminine and the patchouli...ooooh! As a signature scent no one would be in any doubt about the possibilities that one is open to. Yummy, just love it!

Ladybugandbear
Ladybugandbear

There is always one that ignores everybody's very good advice and buys blind! I am that one haha! But I am in love, I knew this less than delicate frag would be me and I was right. I feel like I'm wrapped in warmth and thick spicy but sweet cream, just yum in a hot way. Less is more - I do listen to some advice haha. It's also made me want to dig out my old viv boudoir for a revisit

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

Wow! Now that's what I call a feisty scent! Spice, spice and even more lovely warm spice is what I get from this breathtaking (literally) perfume. This is confidence in a bottle, very bold and risky.

This is NOT a safe blind buy, sample first! Also I see it last a long time on most people but for some reason it doesn't on me, I get 4 maybe 5 hours before it's gone. Which is a lot less than everyone else is getting.

It actually reminds me of this potpourri my grandmother always kept in a glass decorative bowl on her bedside table, It brings back memories.

All in all it's a good like for me but not quite a love. However being summer here I will have to try it again in winter to see if my opinion changes.

boheme_maras
boheme_maras

When I smell it in my mind a big elephant carries spices from India to Liverpool. Strong very rich smell and long lasting... So in love with this !

I do adore this perfume and i think that this perfume for me is the most elegant and unique scent i have ever smell so warm creamy and spicy. It has attitude and class ! No fruity, no floral, no citrus, pure spices like a collection of Sri Lanka spices in a bottle.. Check it out immediately...

thais.magrinha
thais.magrinha

REALLY savage. As if you were in the middle of the african jungle riding 'skin to skin' a wild horse on a rainy hot summer day!

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is WAY to heavy for me. It's a strong scent and a little goes a LONG way. That being said, it's not a bad fragrance and I can see it being really great on someone who can carry it off.

Yohji
Yohji

At last I met you, my long-lost brother!!! Thanks to flowers-in-the-springtime the destiny is reunited us!
Spicy?..Exactly how I love to have my coffee - with cardamom, cinnamon and one clove! To me its not big or heavy or powerful, its charming, smiling, happy, relaxing, cozy! Its not what lover would be - sensual or seducing as Cartier Dragon,for example,no, but its a great male friend, who knows your secrets and always be by your side. Gives me calmness by his ambery-vanilla base, kicks senses by caraway seeds, oohhh its a nostalgic ride on a tram in old Istanbul!

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. On my skin and to my nose, I get mostly vanilla amber that is thick and heavy. Tried a couple of Kenzo men scents but wasn't too impressed so I'm surprised this is niche quality. It has good projection and longevity on my skin. If your love is in the vein of Youth Dew by Estee Lauder, definitely give this one a try.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

This is an extremely spicy fragrance, woody, very exuberant, I would say. The cumin notes are a little bit too strong for my taste, and it feels strange being combined with the other notes. This smell fortunately disappears in about 10 minutes and you can feel a woody, minty scent, that I really love! Very charismatic, but I think it wouldn't be quite a good choice for a workplace or an interview!

christinavictory
christinavictory

I've been lusting after this for so long. I just really wanted to try it and hadn't found it ANYWHERE, then today, I opened my mail box to find that the lovely Renee sent me a little bottle! I don't say this often, as I can't only think of 3 othe scents I have felt this way about, but I think this is love at first sniff. It really is amazing. It's a slightly sweet, slightly fruity, very spicy oriental fragrance, entirely different than ANYTHING else in my collection. This is not the sort of scent I would normally go for, but I absolutely love this. I think this is now my interview and public speaking scent, my new liquid courage. It's just bold and deep and wonderful and yet still, I detect some of that sweet fruitiness in it that I associate with "me". The base of this fragrance is almost pure amber, just sweet, amazing Moroccan Amber. I definitely smell the vanilla, cloves, cardamom, amber, and licorice the most and there's just a hint of mango juiciness. This is pretty much the essence of Morocco in a bottle. Just, if you squeezed everything good about Morocco into a little bottle, this is what it would smell like. It's got the food, the spice markets, the amber, the smell of the medina in Fez at dawn, just beautiful. This reminds me of the Medina in Fez. It makes me think of when I was lost there and how I made it through and how that guy somehow miraculously found my friends. If you know me, you know being lost is something I love and crave, so I adore this. It makes me feel adventurous and confident, like I can do anything. This Would be good for warm or cool weather, but I think I'll mostly be wearing it in summer because it makes me think of Morocco, and Morocco is hot. I can't say it enough, I love this scent. I normally hate patchouli but I think this is very well done, not overpowering at all. It's a very strong scent, so use a light hand (and don't accidentally spill some of it on yourself like I did... Don't want to waste this!) yeah. A++ a wonderful surprise!

Akarui_hana
Akarui_hana

This one is not for me but I will not discourage anybody who wants to wear it. I was searching for something spicy and it is indeed very very spicy but what does not agree with my senses is the overwhelming sticky sweetness. There is simply too much candy for me here. I will keep searching for my spicy perfume elsewhere. That being said what I have to admit is that the persistence and sillage of this perfume are out of this world. If you like your fragrances powerful then you might want to sniff this one at least once. There is also a strong earthy scent, something like mud formed after a torrid summer rain which is not bad at all. I would love this scent if the candy was less or even absent but.. each to his own! The quality of this perfume is something that I am impressed with - I can honestly smell it even after a shower.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I recently bought an InEssence candle called Zanzibar and I have been searching the database for something like that smell. Vanilla, cloves, ylang ylang - yum! Then today I stumbled across this in a perfume store and decided to test it.
It's exactly what I'm after! Sure, it's strong but I like that. Going on my want list immediately.

PAMELAIASTRUBNI
PAMELAIASTRUBNI

"i have to praise you like i should",so thank you Dominique Ropioven for this Little magic gift or as i like to say "my memory juice box".

the first one as a teen in a bonfire with friends when the smell of spices blended mystically into the burning wood making that cold night vanilla comforting and seductive to all around.

the second as a gift to my very best Friend after loosing her Father to illness as this fragrance was her first smile in a long time,one filled with tiers of joy for a lost moment in time that "jungle" was so involved in.

and the third, of the man i loved. who was as complex, spicy and sophisticated as this sent, a men that described spending a moment with me and kenzo "jungle" as a prayer in a sweet incense temple.

an all time keeper even do its a harsh one.sometimes that's exactly what you need.

ForrealMe2

xanadu: yes it can be unisex its very spicy so yes like red hot candies!

I finally decided i am gonna find out a way i can wear this...i can finally wear this if i spray it once!! hahahhaaaa lol...it smells great..the main notes i smell is cardamom,cinnamon & vanilla..it's the spicest frag i own. This bottle will last me forever at this rate but at least i am wearing it! And it lasts hours..yay!

ginadantas

This is the kind of perfume you love it or leave it. I love it and I use it. I would easily classify it as unisex. I even smelled it in some men, but when I asked them the name of their perfume, they usually told me different names. I suppose Kenzo made it for women, but other brands certainly released similar scents oriented for masculine audience.

libless
libless

DEEP
CREAMY
BALMY
EXOTIC and SMOOTH. Love this perfume. Get the trial first, it's not for everyone. It reminds me of walking through an Indian Market. For me, it would be a summer time perfume. For the first 15 minutes the patchouli is strong,and the clove is very noticable, but it dies down very nicely and fades into the background. It's very well blended and very exotic without being peppery.

jennifer60656

@Kateapple - I agree, it's probably best to get the smallest bottle of L'elephant possible. I have the big bottle (I didn't know just how BIG this scent was)- as it is, you could wear this frag your whole life and then leave it in your will and the next recipient could leave it in HER will. It's quite economical and it IS really delicious!

kateapple
kateapple

This is a BIG perfume. It smells like incense and spices and it's wonderfully warm and cozy. I find the best way to wear this is to get a mini- that way instead of spraying it you're just dabbing it on, and the smell isn't so overwhelming. It still lasts for ages, but it isn't such a sillage bomb. I think everyone should give this perfume a try at some point...it's not for everyone, but it's an experience for sure.

lirael00
lirael00

I got my first bottle in high school and I really didn't find it interesting so I've just put it away. To me that scent was really weird and something I would never wear at that time. But times've changed, and I've grown up and I found this half empty bottle in a box with all the fragrances I don't like and damn it after first spray I was like wooow this is awesome! There's so much going on there, like a party in a jungle. It's spicy it's sharp and it's very strong, but it's so much fun and not annoying at all. And it goes on and on and on, even after I went for a run came back, showerd myself, done million other things, there's still the smell of this Kenzo's masterpiece on me. Even though after few hours it changes into more creamy and not so sharp version it's still more than fabolous!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This perfume is just not for me. Its weird on my skin for some reason. Im not saying its awful to smell, it just does not mix with my chemistry for some reason. THANKS NYOKA for the generous sample you gave me. This is A POWER HOUSE PERFUME.

caitlinsgarden
caitlinsgarden

My husband walked into the kitchen and said: "What are you cooking"? It got him up from the computer! Alas, he thought I was making coconut cake! It IS a pleasantly spicy, colorful, happy type of smell. Yes, very vanilla and spice. Supposed to have a licorice note, which is why I got it. It does have a bit more than Lolita Lempicka, which was also supposed to have a licorice note but not to me. Maybe a bit too sweet; I wouldn't wear it every day.

ForrealMe2

This is another one that is too much for me which is very rare...this is cinnamon hot fire candies potpourri to the TTTTTT Literally. This would make an awesome room spray but it is soo strong i don't know whether i love it or can tolerate it..its like i love that Christmas smell when i go to candle or country shops and was thinking this was going to be like a Chai tea from what i was told but there is no milk or cream its the spice all the way...if spice is your thing...this is it..i am not ready for this one either...i never thought there were fragrances too much for me but who knows if later on it may be just right...Dang it i was warned too LOL...This is the reason i never liked hot candies they were too extreme for me...if you love red hots candy get this its the liquid form of it. Can't tolerate it totally use it as a room spray for special occasions i hate to reduce it to that but i don't know if i can wear it...to each their own..very beautiful quality bottle.

hnica
hnica

Amazing! I saw that a lot of you associate it with winter, however it reminds me of a hot summer day on the French Riviera. Such a unique fragrance, I'm in love.

pravda48
pravda48

Oh I adore this...

It reminds me of walking into Cost Plus World Market! I always loved that smell, like a mix of hand woven baskets, sweet/savory spices, and all things of colorful foreign cultures than are warm and exotic and inviting.

Heavily sweet/spiced, comforting to me, intoxicating for sure. I'll considering spraying it all over my favorite cozy blanket so it can literally envelope me :D I never found it very wearable per se; it was more of an environment to me than a personal scent so I traded my FB to someone who would love it more. But again I would be exceptionally pleased if my whole house smelled like this.

1nov
1nov

A very deep scent.. good for special occasions .. I had it long time ago ,,, all Kenzo perfumes remind me of the 90s .. this one is really special

jelizani
jelizani

The first summer I wore this, I literally had shopkeepers stopping me to ask what that gorgeous scent was. It smells like a sexy, heady incense enveloping you as you walk. I don't get much of the fruit, but I do get anise, cloves, ylang ylang, heliotrope, jasmine, cloves, cinnamon, and just a hint of vanilla. It's forever summer to me, a warm sultry night when the air is heavy with night blooming flowers. I absolutely adore this perfume and wear it whenever I need that blast of summer time exoticism.

At first it is quite sharp, spicy, but this is somehow understandable for a scent called Jungle! Too heavy orient to my nose, but not bad.
With time it softens and becomes really pleasant, warm, good wintery fragrance for a bold woman (I think a man could wear it as well).
But it is good only for someone who likes spicy scents. For me first notes were just 'too much', I couldn't bear it.

Quasar

Just AMAZING

Proper CYBER JUNGLE

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I was extremely curious about this fume, I had smelled it ages ago on an acquaintance but just couldn't remember what it smelled like.
So I got a decant off my decant fairy and tried it out. Ok, I like gourmands so my nose fell for this of course. However this to me is a strangely savoury-sweet gourmand, very Indian kitchen smelling. Not in a bad way but in a different way.
In the note I get Cumin and cloves equal, it's not cloying or annoying in any way and does not smell of curry as such but there is a slight connection.
I get cardamom, not overwhelming thankfully since I'm not a big fan of that particular note. I get dry, warm vanilla. The licorice, mango and amber then comes hand in hand and dances around my nostrils.
The notes are well blended but very well detectable on their own as well. As I'm not familiar with the rest of the notes (except for patchouli but I actually can't pick it up that much here?) they form a nice veil of a background to the above specified spices.
This is warm, dry, desert-like, it smells a bit like sunshine on hot sand, all in all it's very, very pretty.
I think I need to wear this on summer evenings. It's way too cold for this frag right now and it gives me a strange sensation of warmth in my nose vs the cold around me.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Long ago, I sold my Kenzo 7:15 am in Bali on EBay. I thought it was too strong with crazy longevity on me and "flat" vanilla. At that time, I was wearing Chopard Casmir, so you can see why the poor Kenzo didn't stand a chance.
I recently swapped for it, and I got it back into my collection. At the same time, I swapped for a 5ml decant of L'Elephant. I thought I really would learn more by wearing these two Kenzo vanillas side by side, so the left wrist has the L'Elephant and the right wrist has the 7:15 in Bali.
Both are creamy, but not sweet vanillas. I use mexican vanilla when I cook because it's much better quality and has almost no alcohol. Kenzo vanilla is like that. It's rich and creamy pure vanilla pared down. So, what the house of Kenzo does, is add other elements to that vanilla base to change it up. The L'Elephant has a dry leaves and hot dirt in the sun feeling. Because I also have Dzing!, which has the horse note, this Kenzo does have a dry elephant skin note at the very opening! I really don't know how they managed that, but I love it. This fragrance DID remind me of my safari in Kenya. It had the wide open skies, the airy vast feel, the dry hot earth in the sunshine (not wet damp dirt like Demeter), and sunshine all on top of that cozy vanilla. The citrus notes with the vanilla actually smell like sunshine! I feel like this really would be the perfect fragrance to wear on safari when you're in the hot sun in those open air jeeps watching all the beautiful elephants walk by. It's making me feel so happy I could cry.

The 7:15am in Bali has that same vanilla base, but with soft palm fronds layered over it. I also got a very very light orchid smell, which I would like to amplify. This one also reminded me of Bali. Bali is probably the lushest, greenest, most floral place I've ever been. One of my favorite things to do in Bali is to go to the spas. There are so many spas in town where you can get a massage, bath, and scrub. One place I feel in love with had little cabanas in a circle around a carved teakwood garden setting. You'd go into your little cabana and get into a warm bath with a ton of floating orchids, then you'd get a sugar scrub and a massage. After the massage, you go sit on a teakwood recliner in the flower garden to relax. Kenzo has managed to bottle all that!! The only note that I didn't get much of was the orchid flowers, but I can layer it in. The 7:15 in Bali has the green palm fronds from the garden, with the vanilla smell that I love, with a hint of the warm woods. I can't believe I couldn't smell this when I first owned it, and now, I am completely head over heels in love!

Holli
Holli

This is a beautiful scent, and the bottle is fun. It smells like the mall at Christmas which brings all sorts of memories to the front. I find it a bit suffocating and impossible to wear for more than a few minutes though. And it certainly doesn't wash off easily.

lily13ana

On my skin it develops better in summer. In winter is too cloiyng with spices.

Anywho
Anywho

For years now I have been looking for a nice wearable spicy oriental that is not just suitable for the dark of night in the dead of winter. Kenzo Jungle Elephant fits the bill nicely. It has all the lovely stuff in it like clove and cummin etc. that some reviewer might refer to als 'old fashioned' or 'old lady' scent but Jungle Elephant is imo a spicy oriental with a modern vibe that is very suitable for this day and age, even though it's not a new fragrance. I am sampling this at the moment in the Australian hot and humid Summer and I find it is working very well. Thank you so much, Amarah, for giving me this wonderful experience!

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I thought the odds of me liking this were good from looking at the notes, but I find it very dry, lacking in any juiciness or sweetness, and the spices lean on the bitter side of things, making it hard for me to enjoy Jungle L'Elefant.

Majja67
Majja67

Have had this now for a while, its the perfect winterscent, really suits cold weather! Its pure fire, feels really really hot! I dont mean this in any dominatrix sexy way as many has written or neither is this scent smelling from bodyodour! I find it to be a almost burning scent like smell from hot burning wood! Starting with inital heavy blast of cloves and they stay around for several hours but gives way for coumin and a bit of cardamon, i find it to be a very clean and fresh smell in same time as its a smokey burning scent, hard to explain! But the closest you can come to create this smell is to ground a pinch of cloves, cardamon and cumin, inhale that next to an open fire with pine and birch logs burning, then you have jungle elephant in a box:) Clean, fresch spices with smoky burning woods! I also wants to ad that it is a strong scent but not as heavy, to me at least, as many states, for exampel, Tom Ford Black Orchid or Angel are much heavier and longlasting! But in the end its al a matter of taste, nose and skinchemistry! Also want to ad that the vanilla comes in in the basenote is dry, not sweet at al!

twoteacakes
twoteacakes

I am so pleased I received a sample of this to try as if I had bought a bottle I would be gutted. I am new to perfumes but thanks to this sample I have worked out that I hate cloves and cardamom. I tried this on and was immediately so traumatised I couldn't even wait for the dry down, I had to get it off! Two washes later I can still smell it on my arm. Ugh. If you are a fan of heavy spicy perfumes you would appreciate this. Not for everyone.

nowheregal
nowheregal

this is a longlasting, sillage monster. it smells so original in a good way. it can be offensive unless it is used with light hand. i am in love with this.

eggchel
eggchel

I received my mini today and have been sniffing my arm since I put this beauty on. I can't stop! This is such a lovely scent. Grown up, sophisticated, sexy. I love the spiciness, and it really isn't very sweet on me (which I'm grateful for. Sweet scents can be really hit or miss for me). It's just warm and comforting. I can see how it would be easy to over-do though. Just a dab will do. I want a full-sized bottle now, but I know the mini will probably last me quite a while.

hannahmom
hannahmom

I had read many reviews before my decant arrived, so I thought I was prepared for the spice blast- I was wrong. This is almost unbelievably strong. Massive spice with rampant cloves predominating. I got a brief moment of sweetness underneath at the 2 hour mark.

I do like it, except for the drydown. At that point, this massive scent becomes thin and sour, like old sweat.

Do not buy this untested, and be prepared to spray VERY lightly. Hopefully, the drydown will be different on you.

katushka37
katushka37

My mum used to have L'Elephant in a 50 ml spray bottle and it was STRONG! I liked how it smelled on her but couldn't wear it myself.

Couple of days ago I saw a miniature bottle on sale and got it for myself. I must say I much prefer to dab a tiny drop of this scent on my wrists and behind ears than spray it. I could finally wear this rich spicy scent.

L'Elephant is like an Indian feast - at first you get spice-rich mains, followed by refreshing mango and licorice notes and finally you get sweet vanilla for dessert. It is not gourmand by any chance...more spicy, warm and sweet.

The drydown was my favorite part - warm vanilla and amber lingered on my wrist for over 12 hours (even after washing my hand several times and having a shower).

I prefer to keep my "potent" scents like Coco Chanel Perfume, Lolita Lempika and L'Elephant as miniatures so they are reserved for special occasions and used sparingly!

Roslaug
Roslaug

Under the christmastree was a little present for me. It was a bottle of Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant which has been on the whishlist for many many years. Sure to say I was more than ecstatic, if that is even possible!

L'Elephant is a warm spicy fragrance which for me has no connection to elephants nor jungles for that matter but rather a scent that evokes a feeling of an evening in front of a fireplace under a fuzzy blanket with a glass of champagne and gourmet chocolates.

Sure the fragrance is strong, has massive sillage and is not for people with hypersensitive olfactory systems and most of it stems, I think, from the fact that it seems utterly impossible to spray just a tiny bit from the spout. No matter how lightly you press, you will be soaked from chin to belly.

Due to abovementioned, L'Elephant is not to be used in circumstances where it is deemed rude to be too smelly, i.e. the workplace (unless you work selling cosmetics of course etc.).

The fragrance is indeed a multifacetet one, complicated and a pleasure for the amateur perfumista to diagnose. The notes listed can most be readily distinguished, the cloves being outright dominant while the fruitnotes being hard to find.

It is a shame that this perfume has been discontinued. I would have loved to also have the sister scent L'Tigre which is an almost impossible find.

brada
brada

very bombastic,but so lovely.I can sniff it for a long time and feel happy.Strong,curious and long lasting...

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

Oh my goodness, I should have braced myself for the first spray. I aimed for my wrist and it went all over my upper arm. Spice bomb overload times 1000. I was like "oh, no I made a mistake on this one", but like a good fragrantican I waited for it to settle. My 6 year old son was sitting about 5 feet away and asked me what I had sprayed. I gave him a sniff and he wanted some too...lol...he said it smelled good.
Anyhow I think my body temperature went up about 5 degrees while wearing this. No kidding it is that HOT! This is not for the shy wallflower or the faint of heart. It will suffocate you. So DO NOT OVERSPRAY. This should have been called Hot Sexy and Smoldering vamp in black leather with a taste for raw flesh, but with a heart of sugary sweetness! She slowly hunts down her prey and they fall helpless to her mesmerizing powers. She is intoxicating and will make your heart skip a beat and your pulse will race. THAT is this scenario in a bottle with an elephant perched on top. The spices have cleverly mixed in with my skin and I smell warm, sweet goodness. Like hot melted syrupy caramel dripping. Wow, what a delicious image. This is carnal winter. Passion by a fireplace in a deserted cabin as the rain pitter patters on the windows. Hot! Steamy Hot! This one is AMAZING! Hold on tight!

nastyamason

Last year I fell head over heels for the Elephant and enjoyed wearing it on multiple occasions. This year the first time I put it on, it bothered me and I did not want to wear it anymore. The scent did not change, it is exactly the same as it was last year. But my perception of it changed dramatically. It has such a strong personality that it is not surprising to get tired of it so quickly. Still a masterpiece but, sadly, not for me anymore. I swapped it and, hopefully, will not regret in the future.

Sanskilainen
Sanskilainen

Warning! This is not for everyone to wear. I can't wear it anymore but back in '96 when it came I was totally blown by it. I had never smelled anything like it. The woody wilderness was mind blowing. Now it is just too much, but whenever I smell someone wearing it I get thousand memories from the good times I had with it. I often give it a sniff at the shop but I would not have it on me anymore. Memory remains.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I had read reviews on this declaring it a "masterpiece", people saying how perfect it is, declaring undying love, and from the notes, the description, the reviews, the fact it was constantly coming up as being loved by those who share a love of other scents I enjoy...well I HAD to try this!
All I can say now is that I really wish I hadn't!
Thats not true actually, there is quite a lotI could say, and I will -
At first I thought the sample had gone bad, so pungeunt and unpleasant the odour that greeted me upon removing the cap. In fact I was so convinced that I discarded it and procured a different sample from a different source. Same deal.
I decided to try a dab on my arm anyway, wondering if perhaps this was something that needed to be tryed on.
Wow, this was like being punched in the face by an entire spice rack that has been recently cleaned with "orange" and pine scented disinfectant!
I had put the tiniest drop on my arm and even with my arm held as far away from my face as I could get it, that spice rack was repeatedly hitting me about the face and head.
I can't even begin to try picking out the different notes, this was incredicbly intense. There was an aroma of gone-off cheap children's perfume, there was sweaty body odour, there was a hint of blood, a lot of copper, something sour, cumin cumin cumin cumin, some cloves and perhaps bitter turmeric, some burnt coriander, disinfectant....
Did you ever put a copper penny in your mouth as a child? This smells a bit like that tastes. Have you ever stood on the bus with your nose inches away from a sweaty blokes armpit on a summer day? Add some of that in. Ever made a curry with too much onion and spice and sat there with streaming eyes? Yep, this has some of that too.
I don't know if I was sold a duff sample on 2 occasions or if this perfume just really really doesn't suit me.
Oh and projection and longevity?
Well, one tiny dab on my arm filled the entire room with this awful aroma, and after attempting various methods of removal (scrubbing the skin with hot soapy water, rubbing with sweet almond oil and washing, washing with washing up liquid, swarfega, waterproof make up remover) I gave up and just had my arm amputated (I didn't, obviously). This stuff certainly has lasting power! I couldn't get rid of it! It has incredible projection, which is a shame as it was so unpleasant on me. I suppose it's a plus if it suits you and works for you.
In the end I buried my sample 10 feet underground, sealed in lead, on a full moon, at a cross roads. Just to be sure it was gone. This could be used as chemical warfare.
And it is the only perfume I have ever tried that has given me AND husband both a headache (and runny eyes).

Lidell
Lidell

Just perfect for a fur-coated dominatrix in winter wonderland.

priscillaemrich

So I wore Jungle L'elephant for the first time, and I loved it. The sillage is not offensive, but I could definitely smell it, and it had great lasting power. I could still smell it twelve hours later.

priscillaemrich

I got this bottle by mistake, but it is going to be my goto scent for fall and winter. The spice in it is perfect for colder weather.

vivika29
vivika29

amazing perfume,unique and beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I love it and I will never stop to use it! It´s strong with perfect sillage and longevity.
Perfect for winter cause it covers like a warm blanket. It´s also sensual and really original scent. The most I smell cardamon and cloves with a hint of vanilla which makes all composition LITTLEBIT sweet, but it has nothing with gourmand or something.Just wonderful!

frederica
frederica

this perfume is like magic bottle with some kind of superpower hidden in it. When I spray it on myslef, I can feel confidence runnig down my veins and I got feeling I can handle everything:). Suddenly I become a different woman and I feel very feminine. This Elephat is very powerful in every way.

doctoressa
doctoressa

I first smelled this on a woman passing by in the supermarket. I was.. wow.. but I didn't dare to ask her about the perfume. I so regretted it, but after a year or so another woman at work smelled exactly the same, from a meter away. I felt blessed. She told me it was KENZO JUNGLE. It took me a while to find it in SEPHORA so, after another year I bought it. I cannot describe how I feel when wearing it, the most beautiful woman, strong, a queen. I even spritzed it on my pillow. I will buy it whenever I find it in shops because it's very hard to find. VERY.

MilesDevin
MilesDevin

I truly love this scent. No, it is not for everyone, but I find it to be a warm, spicy, "cozy" scent, that everyone is sure to notice. You have to have confidence to pull this one off, but, if you can, this is a true masterpiece of a perfume. It is very potent, and a (lovely) clove bomb at first, then it settles down into a more creamy spice mix. This one gets a lot of compliments from strangers. It's a shame it's discontinued.

MonaThorbourne

Purchased a mini of this from a Fragrantica member. I cannot wear this alone, as it stays too harsh (doesn't turn into any sweetness whatsoever). But I can wear it when I combine it with a sweet fragrance. :-)

Thurea
Thurea

Definitely not my sort of thing. Received it as a gift years ago. I do sort of dislike spicy orientals overall like this, so I won't give it a review - leave that to the ones who know these frangrances well. It's just not me - Floral fruities and floral gourmands are what I'm about. Very strong and clear on the cardamom, hint of liquorice.

dness92
dness92

I think it's both really strange and fascinating how some scents can trigger us to feel so empowered, so different to our usual selves...

Usually, with my other perfumes I ask my boyfriend 'Honey, do you think this is nice? Is it feminine? Do you think I smell good today? How do you find my scent'... constantly seeking approval to somehow lift my low self-esteem. The shy, deep down weak, mousy creature living in me desperately wants to please.

And yet here I am. Wearing Elephant, which to me is probably the one scent I should ask about because it is so different and strong, it could perhaps annoy him or give him a headache. And it doesn't scream 'feminine' straight away and yet I feel more of a woman than ever. I don't need to ask. And though the scent has such influence on me, it doesn't rule me. I am the Queen and Elephant slowly follows me around.

I feel like 'exotic' has been taken to the whole new level with this scent. It's not fruity tuttii, there's no pineapple, no coconut. It doesn't really smell of spices to me (at the beginning just a little bit perhaps but for no longer than 10 minutes).

It's smooth and warm. It's inviting but it does have big presence. It's like warm, tanned body of a beautiful woman with the dimples of Venus, brown sparkly eyes and soothing smile. Embraces you like a warm breath. It moves the unmoved in me. Makes me want to dance with bare feet and slowly shake my hips in a rhythmic dance of confidence and total happiness with who I am. There is no room for insecurities here. Paradise.

The song 'A girl like you' by the Mexican Institute of Sound suits the mood too.

Ahh. How could an aroma evoke so many feelings...

deeanna
deeanna

Epices chaleureuses sur fond de vanille. M'a valu des compliments.

liliana darriba
liliana darriba

Unico! el secreto está en la forma de usarlo, en la cantidad , si encontras la dosis justa no habría inconveniente en llevarlo de día,sin molestar a nadie, y tambien hay que tener en cuenta que es necesario esperar una media hora antes de salir al mundo con él.

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

I have got my Elephant as a present but even if the perfume is a master piece for me is very very strong. I had it swapped.

Identical to one of those ordinary, maroon red, holiday spice candles. Reminds me of Red Hots candies mixed with spiced potpourri. Not something I want to wear, nor something I enjoy smelling on others. Any hints of custard are far too subtle for the cinnamon overload to become appealing. I'm selling my bottle.

Nil3
Nil3

It's not a fact that if you like heavy perfumes like Samsara,Coco,etc you'll like this one. There is no fragrance like this one on the market. I guarantee. If you want to capture the magic and mystery of this one you have to walk through it and not directly spray it on you. Or do what I do....keep your hand as far as possible and spray it on your naked skin after a shower or before putting on your upper clothes. Trust me,I worked with perfume and especially Kenzo. I know what I'm talking about. This one is a challenge and I know it can give people a severe headache. Me, I had a chance to get to know it and I'm loooving it. It's quiet bizarre. DO NOT BLIND BUY IT!
Strictly Winter scent!

bond_girl1979

Too many indian spices and cardamon dominating for it to be a go-to fragrance. It can be one that can upset a few people around you and leave them with that scrunched up, unpleasant face look. I do not reach for it anymore for this reason. But I love the sillage. I wish more perfumes had this kind of sillage :(

angel6
angel6

Tried L'Elephante today, and was too much for me. I read reviews were people said if you like Coco you will like L'Elephant, and I don't agree because I love Coco but can't handle this one, it's too sweet and powdery.I almost order this blind but a generous Fragrantica friend send me a sample.

Nursie
Nursie

O.M.G. Wore this today and I cannot emphasize how much I love this! Pure sex in a bottle! The mixture of musk and spice on my skin is incredible. I'm going to buy another bottle to keep in reserve!

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

This perfume was in my dream last night, and reading your review, Po, makes me want to try it out and hopefully, purchase it. Sounds exotic.

po
po

I've completely fallen for L'Elephant, when I crave a serious dose of spices nothing can substitute this. Makes me feel warm and relaxed, like being wrapped in a fuzzy blanket.

I get mostly cloves and cardamon at first, almost Christmasy indeed but wouldn't confuse it with a candle since there's no waxy texture. I'd describe it as creamy instead, closer to the smell of a spice cabinet perhaps but not quite since the spices here aren't plain, dry, rough or spiky at all.

The amber and vanilla in the base are so smooth, the ylang ylang and heliotrope polish any remaining edges perfectly. I was worried about the cumin which I can't tolerate easily but thankfully I can't detect it. The unexpected touch of mango remains noticeable for long, makes it even more exotic and lightens the overall heavy duty composition. I imagine mango pulp instead of mango juice though, even the fruity aspect adds soft texture.

L'Elephant is undoubtedly finely crafted with great sillage and longevity, rich and full bodied. One might think there's nothing subtle about it but I disagree, if you pay attention you'll notice every minor detail is just like it should be ideally.

The truth is, I can't tell an occasion for which L'Elephant would be particularly appropriate, maybe it's just for the days when you are in the mood to make a statement and don't mind walking around while smelling like a piece of olfactory art.

This one has meat and bones, feels like having a life of it's own. It's just my vivid imagination and I hope it doesn't sound too creepy but I can even picture the little decorating elephant on the cap taking walks around the house at night to make sure everything is secure.
Dominique Ropion did a flawless job with L'Elephant.

miss mills
miss mills

Wow, this is turbulent! Ylang ylang and mango are dominant on my skin here and those are two notes I find difficult to wear at times - this is very, VERY sweet. I do love me some patchouli and cardamom, though! I can picture a very gorgeous & extroverted life of the party girl just owning this one in every way - this perfume is serious FUN!

KBoston87
KBoston87

I blind-bought this after reading reviews and fell in love instantly. Unfortunately, my boyfriend says I smell like an old lady. It's certainly strong, but so warm and exotic. I can't imagine a senior citizen pulling this off. I don't care what he thinks and will wear this a lot.

medellia
medellia

I have spent the day today with Jungle.

The first spray in the morning comes as a whirlwind of tremendous spices, almost too strong to bear. You feel tempted to say "puaggghh! this is way too strong!! Should have gone for an easier scent today!" But be patient, wait a little...

You find that as hours pass by, the tone becomes sweeter, but not in an artificial or 'plasticky' way. It becomes warmer, and you feel the same as when sitting about to eat a nice, hot pudding of custard in the middle of a cold, dark, winter evening, but with a bit of a tangy note(in my opinion, I can smell something citrusy at this point.

And then comes the drydown, the lovely, powdery-sweet, embracing drydown. As I am writing this in a fresh October evening, I can perfectly smell Jungle in my skin, like an aura of sweetness, accompanying me still in its gorgeous drydown since I sprayed it this morning. :)

And it is only after this sensual and warming feeling that you feel you have been rewarded for being patient and giving Jungle the opportunity to lead you through this amazing olfactive journey.

lassmichdich
lassmichdich

this could very well be the smell of happiness by sheer, radiating goodness... not the angelic and pure kind, but the kind that is made of warmth and incredible strength, the all-embracing, smiling kind. a perfume that touches and uplifts me as for example you would feel by witnessing a heroic act devoid any self-awareness of its awesomeness- can't help loving it!
fragonard's "arielle" (not in fragrantica)has much resemblence to l'elephant, but i much prefer the latter. it's very good, too, though. i have it longer than l'elephant and was impressed with its beauty: the young, darling, pretty disney princess (sorry, i am definately influenced by the name...:(
it still is lovely and pretty for me, just not as deep as l'elephant: youthful versus ageless.

oktober
oktober

Mostly cloves and heliotrope to my nose. For fans of cloves.

One spray is more than enough, never ever spray more, it's extremely strong.

A lot of other spices too, cardamom, etc... spice market. Still, mostly cloves, makes me think a bit of Hannibal Rising...

Also, makes me think of one of James Joyce's letters to Nora... a phrase ending in "... the love of my eyes for your strange luring eyes, comes blowing over my soul like a wind of spices. (can't write the first part of the phrase, too indecent for a review)

Big.Bello
Big.Bello

amazing perfume,unique and beautiful
in my opinion unisex

PinoiPerfumista
PinoiPerfumista

This first time I wore this perfume, I got compliments from 3 strangers. It is a magnet for compliments so be ready! One even described it as something he would like his wife to use since it is VERY SEXY that is smells like SEX.

Oh, and by the way, for reasons I do not know, this perfume makes me very confident!

jennifer60656

I don't think I could have picked a better fragrance to start the fall off with! Sooo warm spicy. To me this fragrance is a gourmand but those are generally considered candy-ish (praline, caramel, cotton candy, etc.) but L'elephant is so tasty in its own way.

Last night was the first wearing of it before I went to bed. It was a very cool night and this made me feel all cozy and warm like a cat curled up in front of a fire. For some crazy reason I woke up thinking about French toast - although this doesn't smell like French toast; it's just all about comfort and comfort food.

The color scheme for the packaging is all wrong - too sunny looking - this is Halloween black and orange. Perfect for autumn.

Get your kitchen-witchin' on!

diana_drd
diana_drd

I have to say it is very intense, I do like it but would never actually wear it as it doesn't smell like perfume to me, just cloves, which I like, and some very little vanilla(it's not sweet though). After testing it on the back of my hand and later at home comparing it to actual cloves in my kitchen, realized it really isn't much of a difference. It lacks a little poetry...

Protea
Protea

Elephant is very intimidating if applied directly on the skin and could even make you feel a little ill, however, when applied as a walk-through mist, this fragrance is so unique exotic smelling and super long lasting, like nothing else I've ever come across.
I think this is more suitable for really cold weather when the spices are at their most prominent and the fruity/mango part, more subdued. BUT you have to REALLY LOVE SPICES!

Sammymac100
Sammymac100

Thank you so much to the lovely Fragrantica member who sent me a sample of this perfume. I so wanted to try it as the notes in it sound like I should love them. The vanilla.....the liquorice...unfortunately I can't find them on my skin. On me this is just a purely spicy,cardoman, Christmas delicious spicy nonetheless but too much for me. This perfume is loud, it trumpets from beginning to end for me but I can see how it could be beautiful, rich, voluptuous and gourmand on the right wearer. It just isn't me. :(

Having waited fully for the dry down the vanilla is more discernible and the scent gets a lot softer but the spice still wins through. A shame as had high hopes for this scent.

rivet6
rivet6

I love it.When first sprayed it smells very spicey.The dry down is cinnamon vanilla and incense on my skin any way.Even though there is not a cinnamon note in it.Im thinking that the licorice is giving me that smell. When I ask my boyfriend how a perfume smells he always says its allright.This one he says it makes my car smell good(as I but it on before we went into the car).I was shocked,he said I really like it.I wanted a incense fume that was not dry but sweet this is it.I purchased a 3.4 oz.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

A beautiful ELEPHANT came into my life. A definate spice bomb but totally different than other orientals, more sharp & crisp, AWAKE & ALIVE.. Sexy but not sultry, maybe because it doesnt have amber or musk as most oriental do..

It yells WATCH OUT WORLD HERE I COME!

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

I feel this fragrance would have been better named Mammoth. It's massive. It blew me away. Woolly thick spices, loads of cardamom at the opening, dense, deep, layered, and at the end it has a wonderful vanilla based drydown. Monster! Sadly like the Mammoth, extinct. Elephant wears me, I'm more hide in the jungle than stampede across the savannah. Wear it and love it, but be prepared to be the elephant in the room. Wonderful sample from freddinos.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I am deeply in love with this perfume.
In winter, my biggest solace is a big, steaming cup of chai latte from a little café at the train station. I wrap my hands around the hot cup and let the steam and smell warm me completely.
Junlge L'Eléphant is the perfume equivalent of that cup of chai, but a little bit more refined.
Straight out of the bottle it is the exact replica of the scent of my beloved chai latte, but once applied to the skin it's a lot more spicy, not as creamy and vanillic. A lot less sweet. And that's a very positive thing for me.
The caraway comes through quite strongly and also the cardamom (oh, how I love that spice!). There's a woodyness, offered by the patchouli, probably. A little bit later, clove arrives in its full glory. This spice is also a strong favorite of mine. And now the creamy vanilla that I smelled in the sample vial makes an appearence. Jungle is brilliant in the fact that it showcases a milky creamyness, so remicent of chai. It is never really sweet, accept for the sweetness of the spices, but no sugar, no honey envolved in this beauty. I also get the mango, which cuts through the heavy spice just a bit and serves, just as the milky accord, to lighten up the fragrance.
Jungle L'Eléphant reminds me of winter evenings, arriving at the station to go to university or to visit my boyfriend. Gloomy, dark evenings with sunsets at 4pm and a persistent rain. No pleasant times to be out in the streets, but now, in my memory and in the heat of summer, they seem like wonderful atmospheric nights.
The little café at the station has closed this year and I want this perfume as a replacement for my chai.

aleksandr.dmytrenko
aleksandr.dmytrenko

If you really want to touch the real art masterpiece of perfumery, you try Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant. One of the best discontinued smell. Lovely beauty trip to East. This is unforgettable edp.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Just ordered a bottle of Jungle L'Elephant by Kenzo. Once I spritzed the eau de parfum on my wrist, I noticed the clove tinged with mandarin orange and licorice. Moments later, the fragrance developed into rich, warm cinnamon. After an hour of wear, powdery cinnamon and gingery notes mingled with vanilla and tonka bean. This definitely seems like a winter fragrance. Jungle L'Elephant is reminiscent of Guerlain's Samsara. It is very long-lasting with significant sillage.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

"An experience" - two words I could easily, only use to describe this scent. When I first put this on my initial thoughts were "Palm trees, bananas, coconut, EEEEEK" - but before I knew it, it evolved into something else.

No banana, no coconut - but a palm tree in the tropics? YES. Apart from that, the spicy notes as well as the Vanilla kicked in quickly. After more time goes by, I can easily smell the Patchouli and Licorice.

This is a tropical spice bomb if I've ever seen one...and I LOVE IT!! It's Winter at the moment and this perfume is making me miss Summer even more than I was - I can picture wearing this on a warm Summer's evening and feeling like the belle of the ball...wearing a perfume called Elephant LOL.

Thank you to the extremely kind Fragrantica member who sent me a decant of this. When the weather's warmer I will be buying the biggest bottle I can find. This is fun, complex and even though I didn't think so at first - my kind of thing :-D

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

Spice, spice & more spice. If you don't like spice, don't bother. However, if you, like me, enjoy that sort of thing, check this one out.
When I first tried it, it almost seemed like one of those perfumes that smells more like food than a proper fragrance (not my favorite). However, it quickly balances out into a fragrant blend of clove, cardamom and a hint of sweetness. It is warm and lovely, but doesn't hang too heavily in the air as some spicy frags do.
While I like this fragrance, I am not "wowed" by it and probably won't rush out to buy it once this mini I have is gone. Though very pleasant, it isn't quite as sexy as I typically like my oriental spicy perfumes. It isn't something you'd imagine in some sort of harem fantasy. Which is a shame.
A definite "like" -- not quite a "love"

snockis
snockis

I am an elephant.
I love it!!!
Move over if you don't ;-)

tzeal
tzeal

i love that you hate it. infact it makes me love it more, like a boyfriend your mom tells you to stop seeing only makes the lust that much stronger. i feel so exotic in this fragrance. real exotic. not for the weak. not for an office.

cammy6
cammy6

This is a poison-like powerhouse of a scent. It is a fabulous scent when applied in small amounts as stated in previous reviews. I've got a small mini that I bought blind and I'm ever glad I did. Smelling this is exactly like walking into a World Market store. Very worldbeat

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

I received my bottle today and this stuff is amazing! Right now I'm comparing L'elephant and Chinatown side by side and they are really similar. Chinatown is sweeter, less spicy and more round than L'e but the cardamom, vanilla and patchouli in both put them in the same family. I love them both! The cloves really stand out in L'e which makes it somewhat aggressive in the beginning. But it soon mellows and radiates beautifully for a long long time. It will outlast a sweaty day and shower in the evening. You definetly get your money's worth with this one. I detect no florals at all in L'e. It's all about the spices. Beautifully made and I'm so glad I found out about it. Oh, and the bottle is beautiful! Clear square glass with that pretty silver/bronze toned elephant as a cap. So unique.

timida88
timida88

When I saw it on a counter i was happy as a child. Finally i found it! Years ago it was big no-no-no for me but now i can inhale it deeply and say: yes! i love it! It may be a little rude at first, but soon softens into citrus-cinnamon-vanilla-leather cloud close to skin. No, i can't call it sexy, but i can call it dirty haha! Gonna take someday elephant to my home ;)

Carnation
Carnation

Spicy,tropical,creamy and fruity in one. I too, do not get any florals as another reviewer said. While I am not a fan of tropical notes, and the mango in here attests to that, I must say it's fairly well done. The clove and cardomom are especially evident in the opening, but mellow after 15 minutes. The drydown is a softly sweet spicy fruit with a vanilla base. It's a heavy hitter, so a gentle hand is called for when applying. Monsterous sillage. This perfume is almost exactly like Nez A Nez Bouche Baie minus the coconut.

xxstarburstxx
xxstarburstxx

I like this fragrance and, if you like spicy patchouli smells, you will too.
It is strong, long-lasting and sillage is excellent - thats with only two quick sprays on my wrists. It could be over powering so be careful.
I don't get any flowers or citrus at all.
Not to everyones taste as it is so spicy and a little bohemian. The vanilla balances the spices making it rich, deep and creamy. Lovely.
Oh! and the bottle is fab!!

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

You KNOW who YOU are! A Fragrantica.com friend was so nice and sent me some samples of this fragrance to try, based on the fact that I have reviewed some very STRONG fragrances and normally really like them! Thanks so much! You are a doll!

This is definitely STRONG STUFF!!! On my skin, this is setting up like a very exotic incense smell. It is sexy, alluring, with a deeper chord that feels very grounding and business-like. I agree with the person who reviewed this and said that this would be appropriate in an office environment, but only if you were the "boss". This fragrance doesn't just walk into the room, it ROARS! It has enormous silage and this may be unkind to wear in tight quarters where there isn't plenty of breathing space. This perfume almost requires a zip code of its own... it is really THAT large of a silage.

I really LOVE it, so far! I'm also dashing around my home, moving from room to room organizing things - and this fragrance has fabulous silage and I caught the fragrance trail moving from room to room, and this stuff is HEAVENLY!!!

This is now about 20 minutes into the fragrance and it is softening down a little bit, but this is a fragrance that is very distinct and rich. It has a very elegant smell to it - and reminds me a bit of some of the other strong spicy fragrances that I really love, like Coco (the original Chanel fragrance), Youth Dew, Knowing, Mitsouko, and Avon's Timeless.

I'm not sure if I'm influenced by the name of this - or if it is in the smell of this, but this reminds me of the Bohemian Chic fashion trend which is so hot right now surfacing on Pinterest.com - and is becoming very fashionable in different parts of the city. I can imagine finding this perfume at a trendy trunk show with gorgeous bangles and beaded necklaces - an upper end flea market/antique type store that caters to the artsy/creative trend setters, or at a distinct art gallery showing.

This is warm and inviting. It wears a bit heavy, so I could definitely see this being worn more in the Autumn, Winter, Cooler Spring days - rather than in the super hot part of the summer. This could go day or evening, depending on your mood - or the event that you are wearing this to.

This is sexy, chic, and Bohemian. My Fragrantica friend totally nailed it! I LOVE this stuff!!! Thanks so much for introducing me to this - and for being so kind to send me a sample! I believe I've found a NEW Signature Fragrance!

I agree with the people who said that this fragrance reminds them of "Christmas in a bottle" or an exotic tea blend. This has a warmth to it that would be perfect to wear at an outdoor sporting event when their is a slight chill to the air. This fragrance is HOT, it resonates like a cozy blanket.

The final dry down - the 8 hour test, smells like notes of sandalwood, which is very nice and balmy - but is not as much to my liking as the way this fragrance started out. It is still good, but I really like the first of this fragrance with the strong blast of incense. That was completely "WOW"!

Love this stuff!!! It starts off better near the beginning on my skin, but this is one that I would spray a good 30 minutes to an hour before going to a meeting or an appointment. It would be enormously STRONG before that!

This perfume really lasts on my skin - and for that reason, it is entering into the realm of a possible "signature fragrance". I'm still sampling it - and so far, can't quit smelling my arm. That's a fabulous sign that this is truly a great fragrance and one that I really love!

Thanks, dear friend - for introducing me to this fabulous fragrance! Many blessings to you!

BlackAmberMoon

This giant tropical spice bomb is phenomenal and addictive. Enormous sillage means that you'd better be alone all day until you figure out if you like it, 'cause it won't come off easily! I enjoy all phases of the dry down, but truly love it after several hours have passed and its creaminess emerges. Some folks characterize this as a winter fragrance, but I have found it best on warm, balmy days, when it mingles with soft breezes and has room to breathe. Strangers follow me around asking what I'm wearing when I have this on. Very unique.

whaea
whaea

An enormous fragrance, distinctive and challenging.
A huge burst of cardamom and anise/licorice with a contrasting sweetness and femininity. This reminded me of the original Fendi - I think its the cardamom.
Incredible lasting power, and smells teriffic on the dry down as other notes are revealed. I adore it. Not for the shy!

celia46
celia46

I had this fragrace many years ago, when I started college. Now (almost 15 year later) I think I was too young to wear this.

I love so much this scent, it makes me feel safe and strong, like someone is hugging me.

I am tempting to buy it again, it is very long lasting and bring me good memories. I think the best would be show it to my husband, I dont want he gets a headache with this elephant ! ! !

flying_colours
flying_colours

Wow, ok, this is big. I'm not afraid of strong perfumes, but this has to be the strongest one I own. It was a blind buy too. I couldn't find it in any shops - is it discontinued? Anyway, Cheapsmells has a good offer on 100ml bottles of this so I decided to go for it. Luckily I like it, and that 100ml bottle is going to last forever given how potent this stuff is.

Those cloves and cardamom dominate at first, but there's this lovely vanilla in the background that stops it from smelling too much like a curry. It gets quite sweet in the drydown, actually. I think I detect that mango note too. Basically, this scent is a powerhouse, but it is so warm and comforting. I wouldn't wear this to the office, I probably wouldn't even wear it on a night out, but I would wear it on a cold rainy day when I have to go out and run some errands, or even sit in a cafe with a chai latte and a good book. I just wanna snuggle up with it!

Cool bottle too, I love that little elephant!

ginadantas

Um perfume único, do tipo "ame-o ou deixe-o". Eu amo!

icecube
icecube

Wonderful spicy opening - pure Christmas !!
Has a very dry feeling to it.
After drydown it softens and a pleasant swetness developes.
Now it is really wonderfull - soft ande cuddly. At this stage it reminds me very much of Obsession.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

So I tried this several times, with intervals...and I still do not like it. It opens with a citrus edge, underlined with a plasticky smell that remains throughout. The citrus notes disappear and then I am left with a bitter, overwhelming, headache inducing plastic vanilla...

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Scrumlicious!!! This perfume is like the best Chai latte you have ever enjoyed...definitely a cool weather treat. Jungle is one of the smoothest perfumes I have come across in a long time. No flowers just a warm spicey (cinnamon, cloves)and cream. You will want to go easy on this one because it could knock your family and friends out..not recommended for office wear unless you are the BOSS! :) A true beauty!

Happy Perfuming!! ♥

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This is very unique. Never came across scent that would smell like this one. Initial spray was very strange loaded with chemicals but it's worth waiting for beautiful drydown. I don't think it's warm i would say fresh spicy, i get no flowers at all. Cloves are all the time at the first place. After 20 minutes it melted nicely with my skin and vanilla showed her face but still in the shadow of spices. It reminds me drawer where my grandma keeps all her spices and also drink she used to make of apples with loads of cloves. Brings back a lot of good memories even if i have never smelled it before.
I consider this perfume as sharp, fresh spicy with monster sillage. Different than what we are being served recently.

ladykarl
ladykarl

When i was a little kid 'going to the country' basically meant finding a place that smelled like this perfume. That is because i associated 'the country' with craft shops in the small towns filled with dried flowers and old wooden floors, ect. That being said. This scent smells like a craft shop somewhere tucked between winding mountain roads where you hope to get caught overnight in a massive snow storm. It seems to always be christmas time in there and they have a little shop downstairs where you can help them make the decorations. I cant say that i desire to smell like a craft/ holiday shop and potpourri but i do kinda like it in that childhood fantasy/ comfort kind of way.

Iris_it
Iris_it

I am not afraid of wearing strong perfumes in Summer but I have to say that L' Elephant is for my winter only . It is a great " bomb" , the most powerful frangrance I have ever found and I like it . Very powerful and longlasting . The 100 ml bottle is going to last as one spritz in the morning is enough !

diva90403
diva90403

When they say it's warm spicy, they really mean it. I think it can definitely be a great oriental scent for somebody. If it works with your skin it might become your favorite as its so special, deep, charming but wild. All I smell on my skin is spices. It smells like an Arabian dish with lots of sweet in it. Nothing for me although I really wanted this gorgeous elephant bottle.

Libran
Libran

I love this unusual, spicy, sexy, in your face fragrance. This is not for the wimps! You will be noticed and men love it! Every time I have worn this fragrance I have been asked what I am wearing and at a Christmas party I danced with a very "married man" who kept sniffing my neck! This perfume is very frisky! Beware! I have never smelt anything like this before, very unique and quite difficult to separate the different layers! It is warm and there is a clove note that I really enjoy. The vanilla warm down is soft and balances the other notes and somehow grounds the whole bouquet! I feel this would be a love or hate perfume, for me it's a LOVE thing!

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

This one is perfect. One of my all time favorites. Absolutely loved it since the first time I smelled it. It's one of my mom's favorites too. When you wear Jungle, it WILL get you noticed. So if you're not into that, skip it because it's loud and it's bold. I've never gotten any negative comments on this spicy goodness. People smell cinnamon in it even though it isn't in the ingredients. I think it's so fitting that it has an elephant it it's name because it really stomps into the room and announces your presence to everyone. Lasting power is amazing and it's an absolute sillage bomb so of course, you don't have to drown yourself in it and the bottle will last you a long time. It's such an unique scent and I don't see myself getting tired of it ever. I love getting little whiffs of it when I'm in my room and some clothes that have been sprayed with it a day or two before are still giving off the scent, making my room smell wonderful. It's incredible and I can't tell you enough great things about it. It's just the type of scent I love because you can't be indifferent about it like you can with a lot of other perfumes that are so similar to each other and moderate in lasting power and sillage. You can love it or hate it but you won't be indifferent.

temporal
temporal

I remember this perfectly balanced scent very well, as it was one of my mom's fragrances. Soft, warm and charming. The sweetness of it is intelligent (it's not candy like). It is very recognizable and sociable fragrance, which envelopes people around in sunny comfortable mist :)

This fragrance needs a certain type of woman. Being a dark ash blonde with a pale skin and low temperament I do not use this fragrance, as it would dominate over me :) But for energetic vivid women it's a great dress :)

MonaThorbourne

I received a sample of this in a giveaway on "spray it forward". It is much much stronger than I thought it would be. One spray and you have enough. I do like it, but just a bit too much for me. Would not buy a full bottle, but am so glad I got to try it.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

A coworker rocked this perfume and i wanted it for myself but unfortunately on me it stunk =( it was just a very strong spicy smell - like a spice cupboard overdose. If your skin reacts well to it u will fall in love with it. Its such a unique scent. I was just one of the unlucky ones. =(

EnchantedForestLover
EnchantedForestLover

this perfume is NOT meant for wallflowers… this scent is STRONG and i mean seriously, indiscreetly powerful. but very delicious . it smells reminiscent of christmas spices and the projection is pretty amazing, longevity lasts ALL DAY and forget about getting it off your clothes, it will stay with you all the way until laundry day. highly recommended for anyone who wants to stand out, not recommended for hot climates though….maybe clubbing :)

Chio268
Chio268

This perfume is very, very loud and I would say it is even much bolder than Thierry Mugler's Angel. If you like very strong, unique, vanilla based scents this might be for you.

I tried to wear this perfume a couple of times and while I do like the scent, it is a bit too strong for my taste. I prefer creamier, softer scents. The staying power is amazing though-I swear it lasts up to a week on my clothes! I've never seen anything like it.

ninelives97
ninelives97

This is strong cloves on application but dries down to the loveliest mellow spice on me. Nothing fruity or floral on me, just warm and cozy, but admittedly still loud, which I like. Men in my life have decribed it as a sexy potpourri. Not a bad description. One of my three signatures.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

This is just one of a kind, it is not a shy perfume, it fills the room, leaves a trail of fragrance behind and lasts and lasts. I wore it last Friday, i applied 2 sprays at 8 in the morning and went to work, after work we were going out and i added a tiny spray at the back of my neck. I woke up the next day around 10 and it was still there. Not close to skin sweetnes, really strong smell. A bit much when you hung over ;)

I love this one and a little goes a long way, as I don't wear it often, I sometimes forget how strong it is.
I didn't kill anybody yet, I got lots and lots of compliments. I guess because it is so different and not that popular (among people I know).

I blind bought it a few years back and it was a great buy, it did smell familiar to me though, somebody from my childhood might have used it, or something similar.

It is so gorgeous and spicy, I love cloves and it all just feels so festive.
I need to stock up on this one next time I see a good deal.

sugarshield
sugarshield

The only sweetness I get from Jungle L'Elephant is from the vanilla. This perfume is 100% CLOVES, CLOVES, CLOVES with a whispering of musky/woody/vanillary basenotes on me. If you are not a fan of spice or cloves, I would avoid this one like the plague. I should have known better, since I am not a fan of cloves, and there it is, listed as the most prominent note! When will I learn? :P

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

holy m of G... This is truly Christmas in a bottle... Cinnamon, cardamon, cumin and clove, this is spice party at its best. Unique and unforgetable is an understatement. In the drydown, it mellows down to a soft vanilla, mango- ambery scent which is so addictive. Longevity and sillage are both great on my skin.

derkargy
derkargy

I adore Kenzo perfumes,but this was too spicy for me.Beautiful and warm fragrance,but I had to give it away.

lalanast
lalanast

Had a chance to test it, and at the top it smelled soooo much like one of Yogi Teas!! I thought it was exactly like Cocoa spice or Detox tea, if this rings a bell to anyone:)) Licorice and cardamom must be playing this trick.
However then the fragrance opens up to be much more complicated, and after some hours it becomes very different; hard to describe - just a warm aftertaste. I think this aftertaste is the greatest thing about this perfume.
Very spicy, made up of so many notes, just a little bit sweet and has a unique personality. I want more of this Elephant!

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I apologise in advance to all Jungle lovers out there, but I'm gonna have to say that this fragrance is, to me, the most disgusting one I've ever tried or smelled!...yuk..it physically makes me feel ill, gives me nausea and makes my heart skip a bit or two!...You must have a strong stomach in order to pull this one off. I was unfortunate that in college my dear roommate chose this monstruosity as her favorite everyday perfume (despite all negative feedbacks from everybody around her). I still remember how nauseated I was feeling each time she was dousing herself with L'Elephant...

It's spicy and gourmand at the same time, and the clove note is super strong. The longevity is impressive and, without saying, the sillage. This perfume obnoxiously screams "look at me! All eyes on me now, I own the room!"...

I think that calling this fragrance L'Elephant doesn't make justice to the gentle, debonnaire pachiderm. I think it should have been called Jungle The Python, as this fragrance swallows whole anybody who dares to come around her, killing its victim softly with suffocation....

Lakambini
Lakambini

One of the spiciest, most exotic scents I have ever sampled. I smelled plum, cloves (a ton of cloves!) and what I thought was cinnamon (turned out to be cardamom) in the first moments. It opens with a pleasant medicinal-gourmand odor, and in its warmth I am reminded of Chopard Casmir, albeit less vanillic. A friend keeps a mini in her guest bathroom, and one day she let me dab it on: it could be smelled all around the table as we sat down to dinner, a big bully of a side dish that threatened to take over the main course. What a bottle, and what a name! I suppose the reference must be to Indian elephants with their neat ears, their jewel-encrusted saddles and their sinuous movements as they haul teak logs through the jungle. However, it’s the African elephant that comes to my mind – a perfume that rushes straight at you, all ivory tusks and huge flapping ears as it trumpets its presence.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I like this. On me this opens as an intense vanilla with warm spices and a hint of licorice. The clove notes come out more with a little developing, as does the peach. The vanilla recedes a bit, but the spices keep their richness. Feminine, yummy, and intriguing. The drydown is mainly cardamom with a little vanilla, and is a bit overwhelming - not in terms of silage, but in terms of just how much cardamom one can handle. It's nice, but after a while it gets to be a bit much. This is a good casual date-night scent, but as far as mystery and voluptuous enrapturement are concerned, I prefer Opium.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

A great fashion editor once remarked that 'pink is the navy blue of India'. So Kenzo's Jungle L'Elephant, for all I know, may be the eau de cologne of the sub-continent.

What to our noses is a great, brash, bold statement of sweet and spicy intent, may well seem as commonplace as cirise in a country where cardamon and cumin are mere condiments.

This is not a fragrance for the feint hearted, no caution has been exercised in the deployment of great discordant symphonies of notes from mandarin, clove and caraway atop the stave through a middle section of exotic flowers to dirty sweet vanilla made darker with patchouli and saltier by amber in the base.

It would be easy to dismiss this scent as mad self indulgence put together with a poverty of ideas.

How wrong. This incredibly amiable animal works to its own higher intelligence and a logic that is not circumscribed by notions of 'neatness' and 'politesse'.

Catch it while you can for it may soon be sadly extinct.

And on the question of gender?

I believe many of the pantheon of Hindu gods have neither sex, or both.

scribs
scribs

ok i just got this yesterday for my birthday and holy crap! this is christmas in a bottle. it is delicious. the frag starts out with a blast of cloves and vanilla which to me gets misinterpreted as cinnamon but still rocks my world. the vanilla fades later and you can see the licorice and the cloves start to dominate the whole fragrance, by the time it dries down completely you are left with a spicy mix of cloves and cardamom that will make you think of christmas no matter what. the projection on this is amazing and it last like 12 hours on my skin. the bottle is gorgeous though the cap is a bit annoying to put on and take off, but it is pretty so who cares. all and all i give it a 10 o.o. 10 , gorgeous fragrance

Skye Wortley
Skye Wortley

I love it! It is one of my favourite perfumes and i wear it a lot. The perfume is sweet, warm and spicy, just what i like. I love the licorice and cardamom notes, i also love the vanilla base. The fragrance is very long lasting and very strong. I advise you to wear it in little amounts, since it is very strong! The fragrance is exotic, mysterious and i just LOVE it! :)

Siv55
Siv55

Some people write very long reviews extoling every note in a perfume. Occasionally I manage that but not for this one. I find it medicinal, herbal and difficult. But I do like the bottle.

hollycat

This perfume is like Coco Chanel's free spirited sister. Coco goes to law school and does her parents proud. L'Elephant becomes a Burlesque dancer, and embarasses her family. She is the artist and no one in the family appreciates that.

But if you really get to know her you will love the places she takes you. She's spicy, firey, hippyish, funny, carefree, and dances like no one is watching.

Theres a tropical vibe I get from this perfume. I swear if you layer this with some coconut oil on a summer night you may just take everyone's breath away including yourself as you imagine the sun and sand on an island far far away.

I used to love this perfume. Thought it was unique and smelled like custard, a touch of fruit, licorice, and beautiful spices. I couldn't understand why everyone who smelled it on me scrunched up their noses in disgust and said it smelled like cinnamon. What about custard?

I get it now. One day I let my cousin wear just one spray. All of those beautiful things I used to feel about it were instantly changed. Smelling this on oneself is very different from smelling it on another person. For 12 hours, I was forced to endure a horrible, cheap, obnoxious, cinnamon potpourri. I don't know where all the custard went because as far as I was concerned, there was only one note in this perfume, and it was cinnamon. It followed us everywhere and never became lighter. I hate this perfume now.

Please PM me if you live in the US and want to buy it. I can't wait to be rid of it. It's on my "HAD" list only because I want to pretend I don't own it anymore, but I won't delete these last 3 lines until it's truly gone.

star24
star24

Today is the perfect day to wear this christmas!soft spicy,heady..its one of my favourites.I think of german spiced biscuits with a hint of sweet incense yummy!and last all day on me which I find rare in a perfume

freddinos
freddinos

To me it doesn't smell sweet or gourmand. It has a spicy mellow almost bitterness, but not cloying or heavy. I wouldn't call it light either, it's just the type of perfume you imagine wear on a night out somewhere in the Asian tropics...

aureole
aureole

After what I read here I wanted it so badly. I went to try it today and now keep sniffing my wrist, trying to make out that evil scent that keeps me from being absolutely in love. I just cant stand it. There's something that really stinks, for me. And I don't know what it is. It's driving me made. I want to be in love with this! I want vanilla and spices and this sweet bottle! And most of all I want to be able to pinpoint the scent in there which I can't stand :(

trueblue19
trueblue19

Caution: for those who love spice and vanilla and have a sweet tooth, this perfume can be highly addictive. It's temporarily only on my 'like' list and I can't help but sniffing my wrist every 30 seconds like an idiot. It is strong stuff but not as spicy as I expected. On me it's more of a warm sweet milk pudding topped with a light dust of naughty cardamom and cumin. Spices are so well harmonised that your nose won't be irritated by any one of them. Major floral note I get is creamy ylang ylang, hidden shyly behind vanilla and amber. This is perfect euphoriant for gloomy winter. Give me a safari suit and a rifle I'm ready to go!

Edit: I can see its similarity with Organza Indecence. But the latter is more woodsy, an elegant madame holding a feather fan wearing silky night gown. Elephant is a soft cloud, lacking a backbone...but, well, who cares! She is a naughty wild girl, she runs up to you barefooted with sweat on her shiny face but once she smiles at you, you know she has taken you captive.

jilligan
jilligan

Think Cardamom Rice Pudding at India Buffet. It's fabulous,and I've worn it almost every day. YUM. But know I've found Elixer De Mervilles by Hermes and so the bottle may last a little longer.

nastyamason

I received this perfume in a swap, never smelled it before. I was not sure I would like it, based on reviews and my preference of floral perfumes, but I was curious enough to give it a try. Well, this baby elephant exceeded all my expectations! It is so gorgeous! I was worried it would be too strong but it is not, the sillage is just right, and longevity is outstanding. I would have never bought it, based on the pyramid, but it smells marvelous. Love it! Thanks to opallara for this amazing perfume!

bond_girl1979

The best way to describe this fragrance is it's a spicy chai latte with a dollop of mango lassi mixed into it. There is some lovely type of flower (?heliotrope) that kicks in after the 2 hour mark, providing a subtle depth to the initial spice blast. You have to really appreciate spice (the curry spice market variety) in order to enjoy this one. I blind bought l'elephant, initially I was so enthusiastic about it, but now I barely ever reach for it. Perhaps the spice bomb aspect is just a bit much for my taste. But in any case, just as I have done in the past, I take my hat off to the masterful master of perfumes Dominic Ropion for show-casing his talented art of creating sillage in it's desired enormity.

Blimunda
Blimunda

I just can't believe there is no cinnamon here and that some other note combination could imitate it that authentically?!

Right now, in from of me, I gathered a spoonful of cloves, caraway and liquorice chips and they all together do make some similar sensation to how cinnamon smells, but that's still not that. Jungle l'Elephant is practically covered with bronze cinnamon powder under which lie the previously mentioned spices and two more prominent notes: mango- that tends to transform it into pretty gentile and exotic composition and due to which it could be successfully worn during summer time, and the other dominant note- amber, again light, delicious, a bit sweet, caramel-like.

It didn't take it long to become one of my favorite fragrances with which I feel as mistress of spices. Masterpiece!

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

I won’t bore everyone by repeating the fact that this one slaps you upside the head for the first few hours. The clove/cumin/caraway combination is so strong it really is like an elephant trampling (and trumpeting) through a crystal shop. But wait…the drydown…oh, the glorious drydown. All those loud, nose-burning spices melt and swirl into this refined golden liquid sweet amber spice syrup. Must be experienced to truly understand.

picisziv
picisziv

For me Jungle embodies superiority. It’s pure transcendence. As a woman smelling Jungle my thought was ’Who wants to date men when women can smell like this?’ Jungle’s everything that luxury is about: elegance, womanliness, silk, pearls, ivory lace, opulence sealed in glass. Elephant manages to be distinctive with no effort. My friend and I both agreed that if we could use only this and Poison for the rest of our lives we would be more than satisfied. I would be thrilled if I were identified with it. The name is very misleading for me. I see Jungle as the ideal fragrance for snowfall.
I admit I’m glad this is hated by many and that hardly anyone wears this (I personally know about nobody) because I had been wandering around for years hunting for the fragrance that could be just mine. Strangely – and luckily – I don’t get any of the scolding reviews. Elephant is sweet in a soft, powdery, creamy, woody way on my skin. Well, I don’t know about the strenght, I wouldn’t say this is that hard to stand. Even if it is, well then soon that is goint to be my classmates’ mischance. : )
Jungle L’Elephant makes me feel like Adriana Lima, Megan Fox, Eva Green, Scarlett Johansson and Rachel McAdams all rolled into one – but better. An olfactory Tomorrowland.

busik
busik

Is vigorous mother! Burning spices! And as I, woodpecker, the years went by and did not see, and does not smell :) Praise Fragrantika, fans of the flavor and all the people who left their comments, pointing to the right path. And happy that I no sweets does not give, and then felt something dusty-dry, th-th-th!
A low bow to you all!!

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

Undoubtedly, it is one of the strongest perfume I've ever felt ... Fixed all day and the smell stays in the clothes. I need inspiration to use this perfume. The aroma is pleasant only after 30 minutes in contact with skin. My relationship with him is unstable ...

Sem dúvida, é um dos perfumes mais fortes que já senti... Fixa o dia inteiro e o cheiro fica nas roupas. Preciso de inspiração para usar este perfume. O aroma só fica agradável depois de 30 minutos em contato com a pele. A minha relação com ele é instável...

orchid_84
orchid_84

Elephant is much less loud and spicy than I would have guessed from reading previous reviews. It's sweet and juicy with mango, with a woodsy but mellow cardamom aroma. The spiciness sits close to my skin. I also get a tinge of sweetness from the licorice and amber throughout the fragrance, and some softness from the ylang-ylang. I would describe this as spicy-sweet, but not thick or heady. It is indeed reminiscent of masala chai - much more so than Bvlgari Omnia - but in a limited way. One of the things I love about masala chai is the mixture of hot, peppery spices and smooth milkiness. Elephant lacks the smooth, thick, heady aroma of chai. It's more like a warm, comfortable cup of spiced tea, no milk, sweetened with mango juice.

For me, Elephant is predominantly about the tropical fruit and secondarily about the spices and amber. Less hot and dry than I would have expected, and more juicy and zesty. I find the drydown a tad soapy, something that seems common to many of the Kenzo fragrances I have tried. This is one of Kenzo's more unique and unusual scents, but it's not an absolute must-have for me.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

It's a perfect night and winter scent ,but too strong and heavy for me..

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

Wear this and the perfume will be the elephant in the room - it's impossible to ignore. When I wear this I feel I am at the Souk in the heart of Marrakech during the month of August. The dry Sahara air carries with it the smell of dark burning wood, smoke, and scorched earth. The sun bearing down intensely on my exposed skin, I walk through the crowded markets past mysterious veiled women to the spice vendor. He is selling cardamom, carraway, anise and cloves, piled high in wicker baskets. Next to him is a display of vanilla candles, becoming soft from the oppressive heat. Tourists push past me and I get a breath of this sensual, exotic aroma. This is a perfume to wear on a cold, crisp evening as you warm yourself next to a fire. It will warm you and take you to another place. Beautifully executed.

Regina Weaver
Regina Weaver

After reading several controversial reviews I grew so curious that I tested this perfume on a paper strip. I just couldn't wait for it to develop, let alone dry down because I was shocked by the overwhelming note of clove. This spice is so intense, I can only handle it in mulled wine (in very small doses). ;) This fragrance is so heavily spicy that it only suits powerful personalities. For me it's suffocating. A killer scent.

ROBSON RORIGUES DE LIMA
ROBSON RORIGUES DE LIMA

The only fragrance for women I wear. A monster in anyway!!!

Annica
Annica

CheapSmells recommends this for office wear. I doubt that after reading your reviews.

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

One of the most powerful perfumes ever !!! Fills a room :)
It's so spicey-sweet , and I adore it !!!! To my nose Jungle is a wonderful blend of 4 principal notes : caraway , mango , vanilla and amber .
I classify it : less is more :)
Positive vote !!!

magdalena.k
magdalena.k

I love spicy and warm, and I love powdery, and this one is definitely strong and lasts forever, but I very strongly recommend smelling the perfume on oneself before buying it. It might be one of the most beautifully warm and exotically mysterious scents I've ever smelt and my first and biggest perfume love that wasn't a guerlain. But I smelt it on a friend of mine. Then purchased a big eau de perfume bottle and used three times before having to give it away after a year. Normally when a prefume doesn't suit me it can give me a slight headache or make me feel like I'm lacking fresh air. With this one it was much, much worse. The three days I wore it (in a space of a week and then once almost a year after) I was convinced I was getting a bad case of flu. I felt feverish, had an overwhelming headache and felt weak. I suppose it had to do with the prefume being very strong on top of that it seemed to had a really bad ineraction with my skin. Whatever the case, I really think with this one, one needs to test it on the skin first, because I still love it on everyone else but me.

robin.romo.melendez
robin.romo.melendez

Distinctive, sexy, and damned near unbeatable if you love spicy perfumes. This is perfection; a blend that is potent and alive but smooth and evenly balanced at once. I discern cloves, cinnamon, cherry (?) and pepper. Totally hot. When I first smelled this it was like lust at first sight...you know the feeling you get when you meet a stunningly attractive person for the first time, and realize they feel the same about you? It's like that, in a bottle. For some it might seem heady, but on me it wears close to the skin and lasts all day (or night). My husband calls this "instant arousal". Think Le Smoking and red lips.

valentinaahoney
valentinaahoney

It's spicy, exotic and very persistent. It makes me feel sexy and strong. Definitely it's one of my favorite fragrances.

lily13ana

i received this yesterday and tested it. it doesn't stay on my skin or my husband's more than 7 hours. i suspect this is a fake one because the box is made from mate cardboard and all the signs on it are printed, nothing is in relief like on my other perfume boxes. it lack one of kenzo words on the front of the box, the bottom one. if you have ordered this recently please tell if the box should be polished or with the letter in relief. The bottle doesn't look fake...i don't know what to think about it.

Edit 21 aug
I returned the perfume received from internet
I vent on vacation to Geece and from a touristic village(on Thassos) i bought a bottle with the box identical with what is dsiplayed on the internet. Interesting fact is that into the hellenic free shop i found the verson bought on the internet. The smell is different for these 2 versions i have tested. the perfume that i have now is more intense and long lasting. I dont know what to believe, they ruinned this perfume also? or they are selling fakes....if someone else had the same experience, please share it here so everyone knows what to buy. My only regret is that i haven't bouht the biggest bottle....

Edit: When i will go back to the greek island, i will see if they selled the big bottle that remained from last year, and if they didn't. i will buy it for backup. Last yaer it was on sale for 80euro. If not, i will stick with what;s left from my small bottle, because the reformulated version is just a shadow of what it was in term of projection and longevity., even the smell is the same, the spices are tonned down dramatically,

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

WOW!...This is a massive powerbomb! This is one of those perfumes where I do mean use with caution. One spray is really enough. I sprayed this on some fabric last night and it still smells as strong the next day. It is a spicy overload, to the point that I can't really smell any of the other notes. I think it is going to be a nice scent to wear this fall though when the leaves are falling off the trees in crimson and gold in the crisp cool air.

Dries down to a nice powdery-spicy finish.

rochelledel
rochelledel

I smelt this on a friend, sprayed it on myself and walked around all day sniffing my wrist in joy. It took me 25 years to find, I have never worn perfume before this one as I could never find the perfect scent for me, I love spicy and everything has always smelt incredibly tame. This is somewhat redolent of my mum's lovely scent- she has worn Guerlain Mitsouko and Shalimar since I was a child.

I wear this in sunny Africa when I am back home there as well as rainy cold England where I now live. On a cold day it warms me and in hot temperatures it thrives as a perfume and smells even more gorgeous!

I can't stand this fragrance. It makes me wanna run away far enough from it:)

Too strong clove note! Besides, other spices and ylang-ylang make it much more intensive.

Too spicy!

joliecat
joliecat

Oh WOW ! Jungle L'Elephant smells like super strong, expertly blended , deliciously exotic Asian spiced black tea. Like the Asian elephants stampeding in the advertizing, the spices rush, and continuously explode around you. The very heavy cloves, cardamom and caraway spices are softened at the edges with touches of licorice, sweet florals, fruits and vanilla. Though not listed as an ingredient, it does seem to be full of cinnamon, too. The cloves, amber and patchouli give this mixture intensely strong staying power that lasts forever until you wash it off.

NOT a "breezy" scent....this mixture creates a dry, contiuous windy blast of crisp exotic spices swirling furiously around you. NOT dry in a dusty way, NOT musky, NOT a fruity mixture, NOT a floral mix, L'Elephant concentrates on SPICES more than any other ingredient. Everything in it is soaked in spices, then blended together...spiced florals, spiced fruits, spiced vanilla. HIGHLY UNIQUE. This fragrance does not calm down and fade away.....it remains strong, vibrant, intense as long as you are wearing it.

Jungle L'Elephant can be suitable as a unisex fragrance, since it is not excessively sweet.
This is a rare, unique, intense, identifiable fragrance that is definitey not for everyone. This is quite possibly the strongest, most explosive, most lasting, SPICIEST fragrance on Earth. What a wonderful rush !

cara2
cara2

Nopasho

what more can I say? You have said it all and far more eloquently.
This perfume is extraordinary. Why is it I like all the ones that are either discontinued or reformulated out of existence?

I do love big heavy, longlasting perfumes ones that make an entrance. this is one of those. It is amazing , I wasnt too sure at first, expecting something much more Kenzoish, this is sooo different and having read the above review I can see why.

I will keep this and spray with abandon, I am afraid I am never parsimonious with spraying as my skin seems to eat perfume and I need a huge amount to smell of anything!

Too strong? I ncant get enough of it!!

akats

Ok, I had to give it a second chance, as I could not accept that a D. Poption's creation would disgusted me so much. All these months that passed since February, I was afraid to test it again. Today, I dediced to do it. With 35 degrees in Athens, I thought I am crazy....Everyone now, that is reading my review, thinks that this time I would be more disgusted that the other one. Right? Well....Noooo!this time I smelled a different fragrance!! How can this happen? It doesn't make sense. There was not moth's balls smell, neither harshness. I thought it is a very powerful spiced smell, even masculine at first spray, but unique and nice.Not my type of orientals but one of a kind indeed.
The first 30 seconds the fragrance was intense woody-spiced, a bit too much for my skin, (may be cardamon and licorice doesn't suit me. But now, after 2 hours its base notes are a completely sexual elixir! Wow! so sweet, sensual. This is amazing. I love this stage.
What happened to me the first time? The only explanation is that the first tester had turned bad. Well, maybe I won't buy it, but at least I can appreciate it....I'm happy for this.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I read so many positive reviews thta I am ready to blind buy this one. thanx!

judyk
judyk

Ok, for the record I *love* this perfume. Quite unique and delicious. But I have to say, my first thought was "eau de candle shop". :)

swedeangel

Lélephant really runs you over like a heard of elephants! Its just that big and loud too.
Smells like someone dropped all their spicejars on the floor in a hot hot damp tent,that is very exotic!
It shocked me at first,and i thought Is this even a perfume??
But as i got used to it,and if you apply only a very small amount its gorgeous!
Its exotic,spicy,its india and sun and prayers to Kali,its Bombay and it is hard to resist!

bra_chorni
bra_chorni

wow,i thought it had saffron in it,its like a sweet balanced spicey juice.first spray,smell sweet smellin spices cardamom with a hint of cumin and clove.very mellow not harsh clove.i am a sucker for amazing opening notes.it grips me first.later this turns to faint vanilla base.i dont smell mango,thank god.1996 creation?can be called a classic

scouserdog
scouserdog

Warm and spicy, like an Eastern spice market. Incredible sillage and lasts very well.

shreyashi
shreyashi

Wearing Jungle is like walking in to an Indian spice market. Strong aromas wafting through as you experience something magical.
Very powerful and yet brilliant in composition. The notes are not muddled although most of them are spices. Its a sweet cousin of garam masala. Only this one you want to cover yourself with.

Kamaty
Kamaty

Unique and winter fragrance.
It is like cristhmas cookie. Spicy warm and a litlle sweet in drydown.
Not a first love but i can't stop smell my wrist...
I think this is energizing aromaterapy.
I can't smell mango, just cardamom, spices and licorice.
Is great when vanilla comes in drydown and mix with spices.
I feel that i will love it.

Loabud
Loabud

Congratulations Dominique Ropion for this great fragrance, I just melt me into talking about Jungle L'Elephant.
At first spray, I was automatically transported to India or Morocco, I don't know (never been in these places, but I imagine the smell of them). It's so hot and sexy.
OMG, it's so good ... I can feel cloves, but not the smell of dentist as the people say, is a clove mixed with cardamom that leaves its smell different, that sharpens the senses. I also feel the sweet of vanilla and licorice. I can't feel florals or mango, maybe my nose isn't so trained to see these notes yet.
I live in Brazil and here I must be very careful with the number of sprays (actually, 1 spray is enough to smell for almost all the day). And do not think it goes bad on hot days, when I tested in a store, was a hot day and it has evolved beautifully, exhaled those spices ... On cold days, it heats up, giving comfort. But warning, use a maximum 2 sprays, or you will kill everyone around. My 50ml bottle will last an eternity.
On my skin the longevity isn't as great as in others, lasts a maximum of 8 hours, while in others usually lasts 12-20 hours.
This isn't a scent for everyday use, definitely. It smells very sophisticated to be used with a jeans and all star, for example.
I love it, and I'm very happy to have him in my collection. If you also want to have it, please try in a store before, many people dislike.

chinna
chinna

If this is! Believe it or not, that smell strong, you feel at first, becomes another more harmonious oriental kenzo

danaeelizabeth
danaeelizabeth

WoW!!! I Just ordered this BLIND. Based Off the reviews it was something I just had to smell. So I Went for it, took the plunge, said "oh what the hell"!!! Love it or hate it, its on the way!! I will give a REAL review when I receive it!

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(PORTUGUESE)
Bem eu nunca estive na África, mas estive na Índia; e esse perfume, que eu comprei no escuro, ao borrifá-lo no pulso, me transportou imediatamente àquele país exótico e apaixonante.
Sempre gostei de incensos e aromatizadores de ambiente, e quando lia em resenhas que este perfume cheira a incenso, nem pensei duas vezes para comprá-lo, mas, interessante: não sinto este cheiro de 'coisa queimada', de 'fumaça doce', de 'loja indiana'. Ele é doce e sutil; também não recebi aquela famosa 'patada na cara' ao borrifá-lo. Sinto principalmente o cheiro das especiarias, e depois das frutas, e depois das flores. É doce sem ser gourmand, e se souber usar (com moderação sempre e qualquer um) ele é até bem comportadinho.
O que me deixa intrigada é que mesmo sendo assim quase sutil , não é qualquer pessoa que pode usá-lo, pois ele reflete alguém com personalidade dinâmica, expansiva, firme. Eu adoraria que ele fosse mais chamativo( em mim o Alien é bem mais escandaloso, e eu adoro isso); mesmo assim estou feliz com essa aquisição.
E minha filha, que tem 18 anos de idade, adorou sua fragrância. Penso que compraria de novo.

(ENGLISH)

Well I've never been to Africa, but was in India, and this perfume that I bought in the dark to spray it on your wrist, I was immediately transported to that country exotic and exciting.
I always liked aromatizadores environment, and when I read in reviews incense and that this perfume smells of incense, not think twice to buy it, but interesting: I do not feel the smell of 'burnt stuff' of 'Sweet Smoke' of 'Indian shop'. He is sweet and subtle, also did not get that famous 'kick in the face' to spray it. I mostly smell of spices, and then the fruit, and then flowers. It is sweet without being gourmand, and know how to use (always in moderation and anyone) it's up and well-behaved.
What intrigued me is that even though this was almost subtle, not just anyone can use it, because it reflects someone with personality dynamic, expansive, firm. I'd love it to be more flashy (Alien in me is far more scandalous, and I love it), yet I'm happy with this purchase.
And my daughter, who is 18 years old, loved their fragrance. I would buy again.

santamarta
santamarta

love it! whoever said that this perfume smells like Africa , obviously have never visit Nigeria , Senegal , etc .... LOL ;)

LDani
LDani

L'Elephant is probably the strongest and loudest perfume I've ever smelt. I got a miniature and it really surprised me when even just really small droplets of it on my skin could make others think I actually sprayed a perfume, and the smell would linger without getting fainter over time until I took my shower (note: superb lasting power!). While this is not my cup of tea (well, just personal taste I guess), I think this perfume is "very Kenzo", I mean it has its own uniqueness, exotic, bold, unforgettable and incomparable to any others of its kind.
I would recommend this one, especially those who love spicy fragrances, but still, try first before you buy because this will definitely give bold statement to anyone who dares to wear it

Ealing64
Ealing64

How true SilverAgatka!

I would probably add DO NOT WEAR IN HOT WEATHER...
Sensual, captivating, only wear if you know you can pull off a statement fragrance, it will steal the scene....

SilverAgatka
SilverAgatka

Dominique Ropion's unique masterpiece. This is love. Passionate, lasting love.
Kenzo Jungle is that beautiful woman who enters a room full of people and instantly captivates everyone's attention even though she'd never care for it. Few will instantly hate her but struggle to forget. The rest will adore her. The few who are brave enough to try engage in a conversation with her will find her bold, intelligent and incredibly sexy.
This scent is very loud, brave and wildly sensual.
Do NOT buy this for a gift, unless requested.
Do NOT wear to a job interview.
Do NOT overdose on it as it is tremendously powerful and lasting.
DO wear it if you care to be remembered.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

When I have a difficult day I pick this one, Angel or obsession. It relaxes me, comforts me, it lifts me up. I love this one. So delicious, cinnamon and spices, that's all you are going to get, nothing more. It's christmas in a bottle. If you are not into that, than don't buy it. It lasts forever and ever, it's really strong. I have a 50ml, will last me ages. So worth it, i'm afraid they are going to discontinue this one, it's disappearing in stores, too bad...

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Euh, Helsinki, I love cinnamon, but I can't stand this one! Very strong stomach-turning factor. Try, try before you buy!!

Helsinki
Helsinki

Sometimes less is more.

This is a rich Christmassy Oriental.
If you're a friend of cinnamon: Go for it! Honestly!

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

I smell Aimez Moi, but way cheerier and sexier. Complex, multi-faceted and gorgeous.

arnela
arnela

nopasho @ Your comments are THE BEST! Nothing elese to say!Tis fragrance is one of the best I ever tryed. I love it!

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

A very unique perfume.

The opening is very dry and HOT spicy! The cloves really stand out on my skin. This stage is a bit OTT for my taste....However , the drydown stage is very good indeed. The overwhelming spices have faded to a more tolerable level , but are still there in the background giving warmth. A slight smokey sweet vanilla note in the base . Yummy drydown!

I am very lucky to have tried this as its now hard to find. ( thanks to a wonderful fragrantican !) . Because I'm not keen on the opening , plus its rarity and price i wont be getting a FB.

aysegulsec
aysegulsec

I do love it no matter what people say :) Yes; it is very strong and no it is not a fresh scent at all but if you like feeling as if you are in an oriental space bazaar, near to sacks of cloves, cinnamon and vanilla; it is good for you.

In my country there are several traditional desserts containing lots of sweeet spices so sometimes when I wear it I hear people on ship or bus around me saying "I smell Noah's pudding, or is it Mesir paste?"

when you taste it you will love it or hate it, no gray tones!

akats

Yes, taste differs. Yet,I still wonder. Why my skin reacted so agressively to that frag? I like strong perfumes that few people appreciate nowadays, such as cinnabar, aromatics elixir, le baisier du dragon, magie noir...and many others spicy orientals, or heavy chypre. So, I expected that L'elephant would be a pleasant surprise! The fact that Dominique Ropion made this, would be enough for me. (as he's created my signature fragrance, Krazy). That's why I say that skin's chemistry is mysterious. You desribed this fragrance beautifully and may be it is unique. Not for me, but for many others. Its not a matter of taste, but something more complicated... Searching the pyramid notes, is risky to detect if a smell would be nice or it would suit you, because the notes one likes, are used with different ways and with different proportions and combinations in each fragrance. In addithion,Skin itself has its own reaction. This, must have been my case with L' elephant.

nopasho
nopasho

Tastes vary luckily, interpretations of the same fragrance also. Reviews can be short and they can be very long, like this one. I apologise, but there is so much to say about this one.
There have been threads on Fragrantica why the same frag smells totally differnt to various people. Your brain interprets the olfactory signals that come into the nose in the emotional and memory center of the brain. That's why good fragrances can trigger memories, but can also smell totally different to people. For me 'L'Elephant' is a mighty spicy oriental. It is even one of my favorites! Mostly I love dense classics like 'Coco' and Cartiers 'Le Baiser du Dragon'. I also like this one that is more spicy dry and 'odd' than my other more classic favorite fragrances. This is my personal real 'spicebomb'. More spicy than balmy and cozy, but also one of the great almost 'forgotten' great frangrances in a more modern, oriental-spicy, but not japanese-minimalistic way. The first 'Comme des Garçons' comes closest in feel, but this is a step or two more radical.
Kenzo's 'L'Elephant' is definitly one of those 'Wow!' fragrances. Excotic, spicy, warm, yet dark and mesmerising. It is so different and unique! Sure 'unique' is one of the most used words in reviews. But unique here means UNIQUE! I am not crazy about all other Kenzo's, with exception of '5.40 pm in Madagascar', but 'L'Elephant' is an ace of an fragrance. Original, creative but contrary to a lot of niches, very wearable. And it differs from mainstream frags like a hamburger from a Thai spicy 'tom yam' soup. The mystery, mysticism and spices of street foodstalls in the East captured all in one bottle. Faut-le-faire! It is not a linear fragarance or course, you need some time to discover it's beauty, like a man needs time to discover the secrets of a woman. Which he by the way, never will. Just like you'll never discover all the secrets of this intricate fragarance, I'm afraid. It is not an 'easy' fragance, but once you are into it, it is a drug. A hard drug at that. It's the difference between a flash in the pan 'falling in and out of lust', and 'falling madly, deeply, truly in love'. No review can do it justice, this one neither, I'm well aware of that. It is only trying to do the impossible: capturing the wonder of 'L'Elephant' in words.
I would classify 'The Elephant' as warm spicy-woody-dry. When I looked at the notes before trying it, I was very intrigued. When I actually smelled it, I was gobsmacked, in awe, blown away and smitten forever. It is not a cozy floral or dense French clssic like 'Organza' or 'Coco', it is more dry and left-of-mainstreaM. The Elephant and me, it will be love for life. Because it is such a special fragrance, ven it it doens't fit my 'preference profile'. There is nothing like it. So no replacements, no alternatives... This is 'The One and Only' of its kind. And boy, what a beautiful, weird, addictive fragrance it is! And it is everything you read in this review. And more.
Look at that great fragrance pyramid! Look at those highly original fragrance notes put togheter even more creatively. And the strange combination of those strange notes, actually works great in a very original way. Forget all your preconceptions about 'spicy fragances'. This has a mindset of its own. No, it is not an unwearable gimmick like 'Sécrétions Magnifiques'. It is a true perfume, and a great one. Because I had not so great experiences with watery Kenzo's like 'Kenzo Pour Homme', I didn't think he had such a fragrance in his house. But of course it is nose Dominique Ropion who is the driving force behind this masterpiece. As weak as most of Kenzo's frags are - and God plus readers of my reviews know I'm no fan of watery, weak, aquatic frags- so strong is Kenzo's 'L 'Elephant'. Too bad Kenzo didn't hire nose Ropion longer. They could have had a blockbuster like Ropions other tour the force, 'Alien', in their house and not in Mugler's perfume casa.
OK, what does this fragrance wonder smells like?
Top: Mandarin/Orange, cloves, cardamon
Middle: Caraway, mango, heliotrope, ylang ylang, licorice
Base: Amber, patchouli, vanilla.
Uber nose Dominique Ropion (Caron's 'Aimez Moi', CK 'Euphoria', a lot of Frédérique Malles, Armanis, Burberry's, Cacharels, Givenchy's 'Amarige'!, Lancome's 'Tresor'!!, Ralph Laurens legendary 'Safari'!!!, Muglers 'Alien'!!!!, Sisley's 'Soir de Lune', YSL 'L' Homme'... quite a pedigree) made his most creative and captivating fragrance with this one.
Four things that strike me. First a very classic, 'lightly sweet', almost neutral base that is excellent to let the middle and top go all the way. A blank canvas of good quality to let the colors of middle and top create magnificent sparkles,let hem shine and create fiery fireworks on this undisturbable solid base. The amber is the anchor point for the middle and top that keeps all the notes longer on the skin and makes fusing and interaction more easy and frequent. The patchouli gives the base some deepness and very interesting contrasts with the spicy and unusual middle and top notes. The vanilla of the not too cloying kind gives a nice some much needed spicy sweetness. It is a spicy, 'dark' vanilla, not the cotton candy caramel kind, but the smokey vanilla of 'Vanille Noire de Mexique' or Chopards 'Casmir. But all in all a very simple yet effective and strong 'no nonsense' base. Nothing spectacular, but solid to create some quiet in the storm of the exotic fireworks that the middle and top provide with bucket loads. Secondly: the middle and the top are undoubtedly the stars here. In a one of a kind combination of equally one of a kind fragrance accords. Thirdly: the spices are very present, much more than in other so called 'spicy' fragrances. Fourthly: there are very some unusual notes in the middle and the top that give birth to some very unique contrasts.
The spices are great. They are mostly positioned upfront and in yournface in the top: cloves and cardamon. Very unusual and daring. Mostly spices come in the middle. But here they are upfront to let the user by first spritz know: 'Hey: I'm a Spicy One. If you don't like it, move on!' This frag takes no prisoners. The clove and cardamon are positioned against the fresh but also 'meaty' mandarin/orange which makes it a simple but strong and very stand out top. If it would have been bergamot in the top, as is mostly the fresh note of choice in the top, that top would have been weaker IMHO. The middle is something else! A most unusual but interesting combo, one of the most original, yet captivating that I've come across. And this unique middle 'makes' this fragrance. And gives 'L' Eléphant' its uniqueness an personality, IMHO. Look at it! We have the 'meaty' florals ylang ylang and heliotrope, there is the mango that is mostly used in abundance in fruity florals. It can dominate all other notes easily if it is used in a too big dose. Used as main note it is perfect for a linear fruity floral in the celeb scent vein. Mango tolerates other notes with difficulty. It wants to be boss and tries to push other notes under its weight. But used in moderation and set against other strong and contrasting notes, 'mango' is great and exotic and naturally sweet and lightly spicy note. And then we get the not much used but highly aromatic spice caraway, that smells a bit like the more used and a bit 'controversial' 'dirty' cumin. And it makes a perfect match with the last but not least middle note: licorice! The duo licorice-caraway makes this middle something very special. And is maybe responsable for the medicinal smell that some pick up in 'L'Elephant'. Aahh, the great underrated licorice! It is deep dark, sweet, bitter, spicy... Very strong but set against an equally strong ylang ylang-heliotrope-mango combo and teamed up with his pal caraway, it smokes! Combine this one-of-a-kind middle with the cardamon-clove-mandarin/orange top and you create fragrance fireworks. Nothing less. Licorice-orange, licorice with the spices, mango with cardamon-cloves, 'dirty' caraway with fruity mango, 'dirty' caraway with the textbook 'civilised' floral ylang ylang, cardamon-cloves-caraway-licorice against mango-ylang ylang-heliotrope-orange, the interactions are endless and intensive and inventive, which results in a vivid, living, constantly evolving frag on the skin. All kinds of interactions in the spicy-floral-fruit-dirty-smoky-vanilla region occur. Nothing unwearably radical that makes it unpleasant IMHO, but certainly not tamed down to oblivion and middle-of-the-roadness! It is a real 'jungle scent': spicy, mysterious, full of unknown unexpected impressions and smells, you never you what is coming behind the next tree... Spiders and orchids and elephants and snakes and arrows and spices and tropical fruits. It is a heavenly cauldron of seldom combined notes. But they work together. That's the craftmantship of Ropion. It is no miss-match or mish mash. Of course, this frag is not for 'the faint or dainty of noses'. This fragrance rocks big time! It is seriously complex and captivating stuff. If fragances are compared to music this is Thai Heavy Metal mixed with the intricate sweet Thai folk ballads from the Isaan country side, if you catch my drift. Contrasts married to perfection. You'll know what you wear when applying this 'Elephant'. And the people next to you or on the street will also know that a very special, unique fragrance crossed their everyday paths. They will not recoil in disgust, but will be intrigued as hell. This is exotic spice and everything nice and special. And that turned up into the red and 11 on a guitar amplifier that stops normally at 10. Not for perfume virgins or office wear IMHO. And not for the squeamish. But it is not a 'freak fragrance'. Far from it. It is a very wearable, special exotic dish. Like that Thai fish sauce nam plaa, the Cambodian teul trei or Swedish (not Asia, but to make things clearer) fish condiment 'sürstromming'. Some find these taste like rotten fish, others say there is nothing that tastes better in the whole wide world.
Back to the fragrance. Next to the fiery fireworks of top and middle, we have the combination of this 'hot top' with the firm and calm vanilla-patchouli-amber base. Very, very clever and well thought out. 'Special' against 'everyday', 'abnormal' versus 'normal', the marriage of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. Opposites attract and can lead to long lasting beautiful relations where the sparks fly constantly. Like 'Kenzo 'L 'Elephant' does on the skin. These contrasts are played out to the max. No pussyfooting here. Like the contrasts in 'Alien': to the hilt, but still very wearable. Only there are much more contrastas an interaction in 'L'Elephant' which also makes it a 'difficult' frag. It is nose Ropions stroke of genius. It is indeed love or hate, 'pesticide' or 'perfume paradise'. That's why testing on the skin should be mandatory before buying a whole bottle of every expensive fragrancce. 'L' Eléphant' is special and not afraid to say so. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. No compromises here. Ohter 'Spicy light' fragrances enough on the market, Ropion and the house of Kenzo must have thought. This is heavy duty shit, the real McCoy, the uncompromising Spice King of fragrances. It was created in an age where compromising to the marketing 'Mad Men' and advertising department, was not yet mandatory. This is a stubborn original fragrance that is made for the sake of its special beautiful self, not to fill the market gap du jour. This is perfumery for perfumery's sake. For the beauty of it. Not only for the dollars or euro's in it. Not for the shareholders dividend. Not for people like the elderly owner of the 'L Oréal comglomerate (Armani, Cacharel, Viktor & Rolf, Ralpp Lauren, YSL, Diesel, Kiehl's, Lancome, Stella Mc Cartney...) 'Madame L'Oréal'-Bettencourt to dodge taxes with and give a lot of the money you pay for those expensive fragrances in the shop, to young toy boys or 'art advisers' as madame likes to call them. There is still some humour left in the old lady L'Oreal. Kenzo is owned by that other big conglomerate LVMH.
The uniqueness of 'L'Elephant' is propably why this on-of-a-kind fragrance is so sought after. It has been disontinued some time ago, I heard. I never understand why some perfume houses 'kill their darlings' with obvious glee and just take their most interesting fragrances out of production or reformulate the hell out of them. Casualties of the commercial wars: 'Jungle L' Elephant', Donna Karans 'Black Cashmere'... you can certainly name a ton of them.
Anyway, I have a bottle of this extraordindary fragrance. And I hope you do too! Life is too short not to have experienced this frag that is as good as nose Ropion's other frag Alien. Uncompromisingly beautiful. Try it when you can.

akats

I like oriental spices and I strong smells for Winter. But....for God's shake what is this? It's opening notes reminded me the pesticides for moth flies! Awful. I was patient enough so as to wait for its dry...Nothing became better. If this smells nice to other people, then skin's chemistry is a marvelous and mysterious thing.

artsyrn
artsyrn

The spices are yummy! I get coriander and a pinch of clove, black licorice, vanilla and mild citrus. This is HOT stuff.

SatanInHeels
SatanInHeels

WOW!
This is not "a" fragrance. This is THE fragrance.
It's a headturner, no perfume smells like this. It's unique, warm, oriental, exotic, dark, spicy, incense-y, reminds me of asia... Dark red velvet panels, golden pillows, an incense burner, a beautiful indian woman with a warm-coloured sari and golden jewelery.
I remember, in my childhood memories, an ethnic store where I used to go, full of exotic/asian/boho things, that smelt exactly like this.
Everytime I sniff this on someone, I am like "wow!".
I love this scent since I was in high school... I fell in love and I never ever forgotten it.
It's kind of unexplainable to me.
There's no scent like this. It takes over me.
I'm going to save money to buy it, it has to be my true signature fragrance, since it feels so close to my soul.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I dont get any spicy after the first minutes of the top notes, all I get is sweet. Fortunately not too sweet for me. I do like it.

tangerine-tane
tangerine-tane

From looking at the 'MAIN ACCORDS' it sounds like I would like it, but I don't. It's to strong and spicy for me and makes me feel weird.

lily13ana

I tested it today and all i can say it is GORGEOUS from the beginnthing untill the end. My husband says that it smells awful, like a bad candy; he told me not to buy it because all the perfumes i have are better than this one :)). If I will find this with a cheaper price i will buy it with no hesitation. I like the sillage it has, and it also has something addictive in it, but i don;t know if everyone gets that note...i can feel it but i can;t put my finger on, i think is something floral(the notei;m talking about). The strong beginnig settled down after 2 hours on me.I must say that there were -15 degrees celsius today. I dont know if i will be so in love with it in warmer weather.

elaboracja
elaboracja

Long time ago I took drawing lessons. It was winter and teacher smelled Jungle. I was sure it's a smell in her house - winter tea aroma and ginger cookies. It was really cosy atmosphere that i loved to come there. After couple years my friend got this parfume as a gift and I was sooooo surprised! I really wanted to wear those but this scent is so UNIQUE that i couldn't imagine no one else wering it but my teacher- it is HER fragrance. Never had that situation before...

moonwalker
moonwalker

This perfume is really intoxicating. I cannot decide whether I love or hate I just know that I must keep sniffing my arm.
The smell is strong, non-apologetical, bold, statement making. It is up to you whether you consider these qualities good or bad. I think this is the fragrance you wear because YOU like it and not because you want to please others or get attention from that really cute Brian from accounting. Even though, when over applied, I am willing to bet that you will get all kinds of attention. I think this is the first fragrance that I encountered about which I believe that ONE spray is all you need.
As to the smell itself I think that everything has already been said. It is very spicey, at the beginning it smells like ginger bread, after that it is a cinnamon itself which is very prominent. And the other spices complement cinnamon very nicely. As others have already noted the smell has kind sweet feeling to it (probably vanilla and mango).
I have never really tried Opium so I don´t know how it smells but Elephant smells like I imagined that Opium would. I imagine being in some oriental shop with all kinds of old stuffs and of cource with spices.
PS: I am happy that I didn´t tried two years ago when I knew nothing about perfumes because I would dismiss it as a stinker and never tried it again.

trollet
trollet

I just looooove this one. All the spice and sweetness. Can't get enough of it. Strong, yeah, for me it's perfect. One of the few that stays all day and night.This is a loveaffair.I will never leave you so please don't leave me.

stelladoro
stelladoro

Like opening the door to my spice cabinet - the cardamom and cloves hit me first, then heliotrope and amber round it off to a creamy Saigon cinnamon. It stays this way on me - forever. It has a life of at least 24 hours on my skin and sillage is fabulous. Even a small spray cloud that I run through lasts and lasts. I have to wash it off! I love it. Distinctive, refined, an elegant woody oriental.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I don't even know how to apply this fragrance lightly - it is so strong, that even 0.1 of 1 ml is too much!

This is a very beautiful and warm vanilla and spice (mostly cloves), rounded my creamy heliotrope. I also get strong licorice and somehow... carnations?

please, go easy with it, it's very powerful.

Süti
Süti

Először nagyon szokatlanul erős volt, miután mindenki érezte rajtam ezt a nagyon füszeres csodakölteményt. Olyan szinten elkezdtem imádni, hogy függő lettem. Egyszerűen páratlan illet és nagyon egyedi is.

garamascara
garamascara

No denying it, there is an elephant in this room.

Jungle Elephant is special, like an elephant is special. It’s large and fills room with exotic spices. I can almost taste this perfume in the air, it burns a little. It draws a lot of attention but everyone loves an elephant.

sofababe
sofababe

Sexy strong and spicy but not overpowering, extremely wearable.
It has a sweet note from the mango and licorice that takes it away from being spicy in the way that Opium is spicy (I like Opium so much but can't wear it), but the clove and cardamom keep it just the right side of sweet so you don't smell like something freshly baked.
L'Elephant lasts and projects well. A big LIKE for Kenzo, that may well become a love with more experience (I only wore it for one day so far).

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

Woooohooooo, helllllooooo cloves! This burnt my nose the first spray, however, one light spray on each arm and about ten or twenty minutes in, and it's a very sexy, creamy warm smell that reminds me of winter nights by a fire.
This one isn't for everyone, but every now and then, a this could create a trip into edible carnal heat.

alyaa
alyaa

Despite the many warnings, I bought this un-sniffed. The first blast of cardamon was a bit of a shock but it settles into the most amazing gourmand, truly unique and unconventional. I cant detect any flowers here, only the fruit and spices. Very strong perfume with massive sillage and longevity, a true elephant. My husband hates it, so I can only wear it when he is away which is a shame but at least it is one of my private pleasures.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

not something i would wear for a date, but its very original, interesting and uplifting. the caraway is very prominent. i enjoy this unique scent from time to time.

DeeDeelia

Or SHE could be the jungle, facing the desert? hmm...

DeeDeelia

I don't get why the ad is in the desert if the name is jungle... i know it's a silly matter but still... :D

missymary
missymary

This is a clove and cinnamon punchbowl perfume, with a vanilla base, so I would call it a oriental gourmand. There's an infusion of amber and musk that stops it being loud-loud, and makes it very sensual smooth and deep.
The jungle and elephant name has nothing to do with the perfume, but I absolutely love the silver elephant stopper and the strangely shaped lime green packaging.
The richness of the sweet spices took me by surprise and I found myself going back for more tests until I had to buy.

monika690
monika690

Słonik jest wspaniały, korzenny z nutą owoców. Nie jest za mocny uwielbiam go. Posiadam już 2 buteleczke tego specyfiku.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

I used to wear Jungle years ago when I was in college and knew very little about perfumes. At the age of 18-19 I only had 2 perfumes : Jungle L`Elephant and Clinique`s Aromatics Elixir. Jungle is the fragrance that just kept the compliments coming from both men and women. It made me feel special. After finishing my bottle I have never repurchased it though, because I couldn`t afford it those days.
I revisited this fragrance recently in a store and I couldn`t help but wonder, gosh, how was I able to pull this off nearly 10 years ago, when I was wearing it daily, casually being out and about. Jungle is such a powerhouse!
Wonderfully warm, exotic and spicy. Unique. Statement maker. One of a kind.
Sillage is insane.
I would say this is a must-try for all fragrance lovers, even if it`s not your thing based on the notes, give it a go for the sheer joy of experiencing the true jungle spirit in a bottle. :)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Wow, I understand why this has jungle in the title,it's like a wild animal. It's such an amazing scent! The woodiness and the heavy spices roar at you in the opening and then seem to have a battle of their own for a while, meanwhile the heliotrope is creeping up on them. Suddenly it pounces and you're left with a powdery, spice dusted heliotrope, that is only slightly sweet in the way heliotrope is. It's like the spices have worn themselves out in running around. Such a brilliant crazy scent. Elephant is an appropriate name, it can stampede powerfully, but then can also be gentle. My only complaint is that the staying power isn't as amazing as the scent itself.

ingrideco
ingrideco

It smells like the commercial feels. Weird, yet warm and unique

mariana1974
mariana1974

Elephant is strong, so spicy, but so unique too. When I wear it I feel as if I'm a bit of a hippie, in the best of ways, bohemian, so chic..like perhaps Joni Mitchell would smell. The cardamom is amazing, I know this one is probably not for everyone, but that is a good thing in my opinion. This elephant stamps around, blowing it's trump and that's like music to my ears.

jennibean
jennibean

Smells like gypsy inscents...reminds of black magic and voodoo dolls!!! Kind of sexy in a scary way...

queops
queops

my desire!!!

LaGari
LaGari

When I was eleven, I was in love with a generic fragrance that I called my "coconut" perfume; I'd get happy and high from sniffing, but would never wear it. Unfortunately, it was stolen away from me. I didn't remember its name, and was afraid I'd never find it again - until two days ago when I tested Jungle L'Elephant. Bingo!

This is something I love to sniff, but rather not wear. It's like indulging in a tasty Indian desert; sweet, strong, exotic, and yummy. A voluptuous fragrance with a vibrant personality.....also meaning, it's not for everyone and it has an aroma that could instantly repel and turn stomachs (including your own) if worn in the wrong place, time, and/or amount.

I bought a mini, and I might just be sticking with that. So far, I love it only in the form of a tiny spray on a cool day to lift my spirits; or else I'll do like I did back in the day, get high off a sniff or three - not more or I'll start to feel queasy.

With that said, I have a feeling that this is one fragrance that I'm going to have an interesting journey with...(sitar strumming)...

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This is christmas in a bottle!

Mulled wine, gingerbread cookies and sparkling gifts under a christmas tree. Mixed with grandpa`s cozy aftershave, that he uses on festive holidays like christmas eve. Oh, childhood memories... :-)

Really special scent I must say.

Not elegant, classy or something for snobbs - no - just all the way COZY.

I wish it wasn`t so darn expensive.

CathyGQ
CathyGQ

This fragance is absolutely amazing !!! Oh what a creation this is . There´s an "X factor" to this that puts it just a few steps over the line between greatness and brilliance . This is superb in every aspect . Brilliant execution. It has that certain appeal, depth and intrigue that captures me from first sniff to eventual dry-down and evaporation . I truly love this scent. It´s original, has depth and character and it isn´t like anything else out there. It also agrees incredibly well with my own chemistry.

ANSD
ANSD

My signature scent!!!! The most longlasting perfume of the world!!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

s scent and its marketing are so strange, on one hand, I see the elephant connection (Indian spices, mango, etc), but this lovely takes me straight to Christmas! When I put it on I smell like a huge, steamed plum pudding with brandy sauce, or a hanging pomander made with dried orange stuck with clove buds ...I don't really feel sexy, but it certainly makes me feel happy! This one's been put forward as my winter party go-to!!

lupereira
lupereira

OMG!Very intense. Very warm. Very spicy. Very good. But You need to know how to use. Just a drop and the instincts come to the fore... makes you want to lick. If you go too far, makes you want to die. This fragrance is like a magic potion, needs right amount to work. Works well in cold nights. And really: Not for any woman.

Not sensual one. Sexual one. But with class, very class.

Layman
Layman

This is not one of my favorites. To me it smells like a spiced milk drink, Boeba. It is also very long wearing which meant that I was unsuccessful trying to wash it off. I love the smell of Boeba, it makes my mouth water; but I certainly do not want to small like it.

Allinug
Allinug

I got this one today. I got a sample of L'Elephant when it first came out but I couldn't make up my mind if I should buy it or not.
I have never forgotten the wonderful smell that made me think of Christmas...it smells gingerbread and fruits...I love it.
I am so happy that I made up my mind and finally bought it. It took many years but L'Elephant was worth waiting for.

finduillas
finduillas

for a long years I was against this one.. but now i'm in love forever! sexy, oriental and woody, no flowers and no candy, no sugar :) perfect fot winter and cold days.
i will wear it every day :)

Raquel73
Raquel73

Jungle is a very diferent fragance,it is strong and spicy,I think that is difficult to wear.
For me is very special parfum, i have 30ml,when the cold winter arrive,i think that this fragance will be warm.
It remember me when I was one girl,now I´m 38 years old...perhaps my grandma used similiar parfum,if you spray only one time,I´m sure you love it :-))

Haduska
Haduska

Not sure about this one, to me it smells like drinking mulled wine during baking gingerbreads:))) Not bad though...

Bandit
Bandit

Masala chai from an indian street in Agra.

iris_iris
iris_iris

I'm seriously considering admitting the fact that this perfume has some sort of drug in it. A miracle drug.

I mean, think about it.

1. People who don't even wear orientals, not mentioning spicy orientals fall in love with this fragrance.
2. People who don't like it at first, lured to it by good reviews, by the third time they try it they can't stop using it. Even sparingly, but still.
3. It gives a feeling of incredible comfort and joy, it makes you immune to voices of criticism, it absorbs all your attention, hell most of people also say they prefer to wear it on skin, because it gives a better feeling than when sprayed on scarf or clothes.

Anyways, joking aside.
I love this heavy, rich, spicy perfume for all its addictive qualities and much much more.

Now if You all don't mind I'm gonna spray Elephant on my wrist and listen to 'Perfect Day' by Lou Reed.

"Oh, it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a perfect day
You just keep me hanging on

Just a perfect day
Problems all left alone
Weekenders on our own
It's such fun"

W.

SheShe
SheShe

I love it but at first I didn't. Simply, I put too much Elephant on me and elephants are heavy ;) so I got a headeache and was close to vomiting :D

Then it grew on me during winter, it has a power that lasts and lasts despite cold weather. I got used to it, loved it and I can wear it in summer too :) The smell itself is unique, very strong, lasts for a long time and I love mango with cardamom here. It's very vital and oriental in a real jungle way. A masterpiece.

My husband says: "It's the dentist smell again!" ;) (cardamom) but I keep telling him it's such a unique, one of a kind scent that I like even a little dentist in here ;)

pippab
pippab

This is filthy!! (But in a gooood way). Unlike most reviewers who say that clove is the most evident note I feel that cardamom is the real star in this fragrance, closely followed by dirty patchouli. In my opinion, this is a cool weather fragrance. It makes people do a 'double take'.

How lucky am I? I won $500 worth of perfumes in a writing competition, and it was one that I chose because of the glowing reviews I'd read. It has more than excellent projection and lasting power - it's HUGE!.

If you're conventional and like things low key, this may not be the fragrance for you, but I'm in love with Jungle L'Elephant - it's strong, out there, totally distinctive, and very impressive!

gatochicka
gatochicka

I got a sample of this perfume and LOVED it. Unfortunately, to me, there was a sort of "old lady" smell to it. Everything else about the fragrance was divine- it was exotic,and had all time fav patchouli in it.

candymarie
candymarie

Well, I broke down and bought a mini from the corner perfume shop so I could try this one and satisfy my curiosity.

It's very similar to Amour Le Parfum - very sweet, smooth and interesting - but missing that prominent woodsy note I love in Le Parfum, and of course has the distinct clove, licorice and caraway notes that I was frightened of. BUT, I must say, I've never smelled something so elegant that should for all intents and purposes smell like food!

And therein lies the art in the art of perfumery, I guess.

I'm going to use it often and let it grow on me. Not quite ready for a full bottle yet. But I'm so glad I have it in my possession!

LaLotus
LaLotus

It was my favourite when it first came out. Didn't wear it for about 10 years. (Distractions from too many other tempting fragrances, made me forget.) I'm so happy it still excists. I have found it again like a long lost friend. Amazing how this fits my skin. Like the scent really belongs to it, finds its true home.
I don't agree with some reviews saying it pulls people off. To me the opposite is the case. I have people coming up to me asking what is that wondeful fragrance I'm wearing.
This is what a great match can do. We don't do a perfume justice by analyzing it on its own. Its appearance so much depends on who is wearing it.

tuna
tuna

although i had this one as a blind buy only because i loved the elephant at th cap :) it is very intense at the begining mostly i smell cardamon,cloves and believe it or ot although not listed i smell cinammon...anyway although many say it has a powerful staying power on me it does not las more that 2 hours after this all what i can get is a very delicate drydown of vanilla ....its a nice perfume but i dont think i will repurchase it....anyway i have to spend a while with it.

Celtrino
Celtrino

One of the most unique and stand out from the crowd scents. I've been wearing this since it's release. Sensual, warming...not for those who skin can't wear the stronger scents. Comes into it's own in warm weather. I love the patchouli, amber and vanilla base notes...that hint of ylang ylang.

gsp
gsp

Strong and powerful. The saying power is very good. It makes me want to bake gingerbread (hence I say it's a spicy gourmand fragrance).

takeasniff

Ok I have tested this again. It does not smell bad but I cannot get past the introduction. Every time I end up saying no I don't like it. It is a very unusual smell but I am wondering how others go with the dry down because I am being a real sook with this. I just can't seem to wear it long enough to see what happens. I love all animals and I love the whole concept here but I just never get anywhere with it. It has been discontinued I think and the drugstore near me has bottles of it. They have reduced the price but cannot sell it. If I wanted it I could get it but as I said I am stuggling to keep smelling it. It is 94.00 on discount so I don't want to waste my money. Rarely I have a perfume I cannot wear but I think this one may end up that way?

Singabera
Singabera

It's really the special one! It doesn't smell any specific ingridient, the smell is unique) It's really strong and playful, it changes every moment - gives you sweet vanilla powder, another move - and here is the bitter flavour of kitchen shelf with spices...

takeasniff

All I can say is you really need to be strong minded to wear this. It runs the risk of smelling like you have not showered in a week and been in the jungle for just as long. I love perfumes all sorts I am not new to smelling them so I could appreciate it. I don't wear it though it really smells bad to me.

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

i don't know if i love it or hate it... it very very strong and the lasting power is great...if you put it on your clothes it lasts for days! but sometimes i feel like a cinnamon stick when i am wearing it. other days i love it, e.g when i sprayed it on a scarf or something. i think it depends on what mood i am in. i think it is great for winterdays but way too strong on hot summerdays!
but only use one spray otherwise people around you have to run away ^^.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

spicy!
sensual, woody, addictive
unique & intense

truely an oreintal and spicy scent
only a spray is enough to last almost all day
my new love at the moment.

Louw
Louw

I am often disappointed by Kenzo fragrances, but I love this one. I find it quite unusual among fragrances, and I think that's due to the spicy notes of cardomom and clove that hit you quite early on and mingle with the floral notes.

I'm not sure I'd put it in the Oriental category, but then I'm not sure how I'd categorise it - it's spicy-greeny-florally-herby to me! Distinctive, but can be a little strong so needs to be applied sparingly.

skitten

Jungle Update: I think only Oriental Lovers will truly Love this perfume.... And I mean Love......

L'Elephant is one of the best Deep, Dark Sophisticated Orientals on the market. If you can make a better one I deem fit you try, some have endeavoured to, but most have failed.
Nothing compares to Kenzo Jungle, it is a strong individual fragrance full of mystery and divine holdings and expressions for each person to explore.
An exceptional one of a kind perfume to be cherished and engulfed with warmth and respect....x

aniab
aniab

there is nothing like it...i am in love with this scent. yes, it's spicy and sweet and heavy but sexy and one of a kind... I can't help it, this is the type of fragrance that I like!

sunnyshine
sunnyshine

very interesting but to me it snells like sweat ...

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Cinnamon and cloves, don't buy this if you don't like these notes. This is my pure love. More than great sillage/longevity. Spiced and expensive, but it pays the costs. No blind-buy this, please

rednut
rednut

This is delicious. It is strong and very spicy but in a way that I really like. I can smell the cloves and cinnamon and I get, even though it isn't listed, a little bit of ginger. Its a bold fragrance and not for those liking the more girly, sweet or subtle fragrances. For those who like opium, obsession, midnight poison, Tabu - try it. It's going in my top 5 list. Jungle is a great name for this fragrance, I think it sums it up perfectly. It's a unique fragrance, quite sharp so if sharp, spicy and strong is your thing then this is for you. It's certainly for me!

nerisha86
nerisha86

i like classic scents., this one really brings out the ylang-ylang scent. which i have in our backyard. ^_^

feleeni
feleeni

My favorite perfume of all time.
People remember me by it, and I really think it lives up to that Coco Chanel perfume mantra about the perfume "that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure". Wearing it in Prague last summer, where I lived, I would literally get people stopping me on the street to ask what I am wearing. One time sitting in a bar, a man walked up to me and said "You are the girl who was wearing that cardamom perfume on the tram the other day. I was standing next to you". As creepy as that is, I was flattered (and I knew he was not joking since I was wearing my Magnolia Romana that evening).
Jungle tramples all competition, and I judge people based on whether they like it or not. It has a complexity that only certain people can understand. Mmmmmm.

ngreeny
ngreeny

I completely agree with Angel10, but for me even Lolita Lempicka is cloying. That being said, I'm still keeping my miniature bottle - I like the design too much!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

LOL! I can't get past Angel10's likeness to a 'Michael's' store... an excellent parallel. I'll think of elephants everytime I visit now.

If you haven't had the opportunity to visit Michael's, it smells very much of cinnamon and clove Christmas crafts and fruity candles.

Licorice is prominent in this top-heavy composition too in addition to fruity/powdery mango and spice--elephantine quantities of everything.

Yes, loud on top. The bottom though is a little softer but still very distinct. Very wild, tropical jungle with warm, earthy vanilla-mango in the drydown. Kind of playfully colorful really in the most eclectic way.

Angel10
Angel10

I just received my 5ml of JE...so here goes....
Ohhh no.
It's very strong which I like, but it is hard to take. I feel a little sick to my stomach.
It smells like walking into the "Michael's" store,
you know the big dept store that sells flowers and craft supplies? Smells exactly like this.
I love my spicy orientals, but this one is just wrong for me.
I think the cloves and mango mixed sets me off a touch.
Too much of something...cloves, licorice, & mango.

If you feel the same about JE, please try Lolita Lempicka.....similar vein, but prettier and more wearable.

KasiaS
KasiaS

This is definitely a devil's trombone, not the angels' trumpet! You won't get away from paying attention to it. And don't be so naive to ever expect from it to do anything to adapt to you - either YOU meet ITS expectations, either you get kicked on the head (and everyone around you, too) with an elephant's foot! It is for chosen ones only - the description below is right - an artsy, bold, free and wild soul it demands. With a casual or posh image it's always awkward. I simply loath smelling it in operas and music halls, but it's the most welcome in an artists' atelier or an out-door off-theatre. This is a type of an earth-goddes, luxurious and fertile (body and mind) woman scent. Nothing masculine IMO, but I'd LOVE to experiment it on a dead sexy man - somebody like Javier Bardem in Vicky Cristina Barcelona is exactly the type. Its boldness is what fits masculinity and in my whole life I met only one girl who could dare it.
The lack of any cooperation (simply, it doesn't change depending on skin, it develops, yes, but to its own rules and it ends up the same on everyone) holds me from ever using it, but I sniff the bottle often with delight. It's an olphactory bliss indeed. And I love it, all in all, I see it as my beloved L'Heure Bleue's naughty grand-daughter that went complitely wild, married a japanese punk graffiti artist and smokes too much dope, but still has the aristocratic air around her.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Despite me loving this smell , i wouldn't buy it for myself , because it's not a scent for everyone . It has a very big personality and it has to fit the beholder . And it does not fit mine .
One of my best friend in senior high was wearing it . She was an "arty soul" , wit and original , a bit wild , very different from the other kids . And one has really to be like that to wear Jungle l'Éléphant .
It's really not the "girly girly" scent . It's almost unisex , i highly recommend it to women who usually prefer to wear male scent .
One of a kind !

Juma
Juma

Strong but sophisticated spicy, gourmand, cinnamon fume.
I thought I don't like cinnamon nor very spiced perfumes, but I was wrong, very wrong...
And much stronger then J Tiger.
Already on my wish list as J Tiger.

taboo2287
taboo2287

i will tell you about this fragrance imagine A tall sexy woman wearing a pencil skirt and a silk shirt with her hair up and she is wearing diamond studs earrings and high heels walking like a cat and she is making sure that the heels make some sound and she walks into a elevator full of men and she doesn't make any eye contact with any of them but she is so SURE that their heat is UP! a sexy confident fragrance my all time favorite <3

Marvella
Marvella

Exceptional,very spicy,rich,sensual scent.D.Ropion's masterpiece from the nineties.Exotic,savage and sexy.Real treasure among other orientals.A handful of spices:cloves,cardamom,caraway well blended with heliotrope, ylang-ylang,sweet mango juice,amber,patchouli...All my favourite ingredients in one fragrance.Nothing could be better.
Me and JE,we've been good friends for years.I wear JE when I'm in one of my moods and she cheers me up.But what are friends for?
I'm helplessly addicted to it.JE has incredible sillage and almost never ending longevity.A must have for all oriental lovers.

zvoncica
zvoncica

If awaked in the middle of night and asked: name the most recognizable scent in perfumed universe I would without blinking, thinking or dwelling propose L`elephant.The title Jungle itself induces something untamed and undiscovered, and that is exactly how it smells.

I believe Ł`elephant`s skin is fluorescent purple colored. He is wearing Longines watch round his chubby ankles and jugging every morning across the rainforest in his sparkling running shoes. Through the noon sips rum punch and plays darts with koalas. I saw him working as DJ at Gorillaz pub last night, he danced afterwards with hot looking zebra. Waved to me while spinning to Stereo Love, and wait... I think he waved to all of you.
One of a kind.

aelias
aelias

This made me sick after a very short while, and no around me had a positive reaction to this scent. The spice is overwhelming.

cherryfairy
cherryfairy

Very cheerful, unique, and sensual.Like a cargo of spices from India and Africa.It will warm you up and make you stand out from the crowd.Cinnamon, clove, cumin, grown up vanilla. Definately for the winter, like a cup of mulled wine.

alicektn
alicektn

This is a perfume with lots of potential on the right skin. It is loud but velvety, not pierceing at all. The bottle is very lovely. On my skin at first is wonderful: mango, anise, cinnamon and vanilla. However, it gets too sickeninkgly sweet after a while, because my skin eats up the spices and mango. Pity!

andrada2003
andrada2003

I would never believe I could find a perfume to hate. And then came Kenzo L'Élephant. That was hate from the first sniff. Too loud, too rude, too overwhelming, too mixed.Nothing for my taste. I gave it another try in winter (my first was in hot summer), so I found out it can't ever be my perfume. I got headaches and sick.Sorry for my opinion, glad there are so many people who like it. De gustibus non disputandum.

guest_Aneta
guest_Aneta

Absolutely love it! Be it summmer or winter! Maybe even preferebly in the summer as it is soooo hot!

divadani
divadani

After all the great (and conflicting) reviews here, I had to try L'Elephant. When I first tried Muscs Kublai Khan, I sprayed a healthy spritz directly on my chest... and promptly hyperventilated because I couldn't breathe. With L'Elephant, I was smarter and applied small dabs of it instead.

This perfume seems to change depending on your distance from it. Close up, it's a charming blend of deep spices with a bit of lightness coming from the floral and fruit notes. It radiates a warmth, like a cloth bag of spices left out in the sun or a freshly brewed pot of chai tea. There is also a beautiful womanly depth to it, seductive to the point of almost being too intoxicating.

From further away, however, all I get is clove, clove, clove. It seems to lose that multidimensional nature and becomes just straight up spices. My chest smelled like a spice rack - ha! ;)

If you love spicy fragrances, definitely give this one a try. It is indeed very interesting. For me, it'll take some finessing to make it work, but I will definitely wear it around a few times, especially in this winter weather.

ajbww
ajbww

this is a nice winter scent it can be a bit strong and this is very unuseall and very distictive, not very keen on the bottle i dont think that i will reperchace though as i like many others

Woodelf
Woodelf

This is a wonderful cold weather scent that reminds me strongly of chai latté: cloves, licorice, cardamom, and vanilla cream. When I wear it, I feel as if I am strolling slowly through an Indian bazaar with spice sellers competing with tea houses for my attention. This is an exotic scent that succeeds in deviating from the usual. It has very pale floral notes - this is mainly fruit and spice.

It's long lasting and has strong sillage, so a little will last a long time. Overall, lovely and comforting to my nose.

Thank you Sherapop for making me notice it is a Mr.Ropion's work! I should have known!

Now here's an elephant in the room that no one can possibly fail to notice: Kenzo JUNGLE L'LELEPHANT. Whoooaaa! This elephant is on steroids and not about to give up his tusks.

An ueberoriental *perfume* disguising as an edp, the first important point to bear in mind is that L'ELEPHANT is a concentrated brew with elephantesque sillage and jungle-like tenacity.

Fortunately, the composition itself is gorgeous, and not without reason, having been designed by the masterful Dominique Ropion. All of the many oriental notes work together to produce a very spicy but somehow still harmonic and truly beautiful blend. This is a serious show--or safari--stopper. Very loud, unapologetic, and in-your-nose in an oh-so-'80s way. Yet somehow still wearable to me, in a way that many '80s perfumes no longer are. The wearability of L'ELEPHANT derives solely from the artfully measured proportions of the many exceptional notes of this splendid mix, which, in a lesser designer's hands might have been a total disaster. But, no, it was Dominique Ropion.

I very much look forward to donning tiny drops of L'ELEPHANT on my neck under cashmere sweaters this winter, as the heat of skin will no doubt further augment the power of this wild potion!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Wearable, but only when you spray your clothes, hang them for 15 hours and then, there is a chance you will not get choked on clove :-)
It is one of the weird ones - I love it but only after initial 15 hours when the licorice is lingering somewhere in the background and the clove note goes away.
Very complex, rich oriental spicy but a definite killer when worn to office on a dry hot day!
It would certainly be worth much more attention if it wasn't for the clove note being a queen of the show, there is just too much of it!
Overall, it is one of these I will certainly get back to one day, someday.
Extremely mega super lasting power and the sillage to die for.

I Had This Perfume Years Ago...... It Was My Very First Perfume And I am Glad I Started By This Because I Fall In Love From The First Tme I Smelled It I Just Love It This Is No An Easy Scent To Wear. With This Perfrme You Have Two Options 1. Love It 2. Hate It In My Case Was Loveeeeeeee I Really Love Everything From Kenzo Is One Of My Favorite Hauses.......

sophieeliza
sophieeliza

Love everything about it. It lasts so long, too, so it's procey and difficult to find in shops, but well worth it.

judeaqua
judeaqua

lots of diverse notes coming into one unforgettable scent that can't be ignored and is hard to dislike. The first whiff and it will suddenly pounce on you and amuse u like a playful jumbo... a while later it represents a signature scent for a man or a woman with the qualities of this leisurely Elephant that uses its power wisely and has a lifelong memory, it is like nothing that ever came before... tall jungle grass, spice shrubs & spice trees and and wildlife grazing around. the perfumer has involved amazing creativity into this one ! Nyce !

Yamba1
Yamba1

I have a strange addiction to Jungle L'Elephant. Reading the reviews I was convinced that this perfume was for me. I do love my spicy orientals! So I was totally disheartened when I first tested. Aggh! What IS this? The problem was that it completely overpowered the other frangrances I was testing on my other wrist. Is that why they call it an elephant- stomping all over the more delicate and polite perfumes? So it was with some sadness that I began my trip home. But then, the magic of the elephant began... He started trumpeting his magnificent spices and vanillary undertones to me. I'm gonners for this. It is loud, in your face, but completely wonderful!!!
Two tusks up for the elephant!

Galya
Galya

Semplicimente l'adoro per la sua straordinaria tenuta e meravigliosa,fantastica composizione calda e gioiosa,immagino sempre di trovarmi in Africa quando l'indosso.

MsMaryO

Got my sample of L'Elephant and yes! it really does smell like night-scented stock. Very spicy and definitely a little strange as a perfume, but just imagine your whole yard smelling like this on a warm summer night! I am loving it just for the olfactory association as I have not planted stock in years. Yes, L'Elephant has charmed me!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have trouble envisioning how Jungle L'Elephant has much to do with either jungles or elephants. I was expecting a hot, vegetative, lush, tropical flower undergrowth kind of smell. I don't get that at all. I don't even get a rush of tasty baking spices or the heat others were talking about.

No, I get YSL Yvresse from tip to toe. For once I am not totally off my tree because Yvresse shares cinnamon, anise, stone fruit, amber, patchouli & vanilla in common. There must be something there which expresses like a fruity lexia wine for both perfumes on my skin.

Overall, I prefer my fruity wines in my belly, not lurking around my person as if I were a lush (particulary with monster sillage like this).

MsMaryO

Oh, Malegria. I am going to have to try L'Elephant now. I know exactly what scent you mean. Out here we call it Night-Scented Stock.I was just thinking that I would love it in a perfume, too! I've planted it in the past and I can remember stepping out into the yard on warm summer nights and that wonderful spicy fragrance all throughout the yard. Thank you for mentioning it because I had no intention of trying L'Elephant!!

Malegria

A couple of evenings ago I was watering my flowerbeds, and all of a sudden there was a scent of Jungle Elephant everywhere. Apparently, my matthiola bicornis (The Night Beauty) went into full bloom.Smells exactly like Elephant!!!Love it, love it, love it!

rithacha
rithacha

Thanks Persephone for a sample! It was hard to know what to expect, so I dabbed rather cautiously.

And am so glad I did!

L'Elephant stampedes your senses with this overwhelming trumpet of spices, so much that I wanted to sneeze. It quickly melts down into a complex combination of cardamom, licorice, cinnamon, and more. I find L'Elephant to be somewhat similar to YSl Opium in its "burning firewood" accord - it has that same woody burning hot feeling that, coupled with the other spices, reminds me of Christmas beside the fireplace.

L'Elephant is not only "strong, spicy" but SWEET. The mango note and the strong vanilla in the base are its strongest differentiations from YSL Opium. It's never fruity, and it's never a vanilla perfume, but they add a slightly moist syrupy texture to the dry spices. I definitely like the mango, but am a little put off by the vanilla, which reminds me too much of the rubbery spicy vanilla in Lolia Wish.

In short, a quality, unconventionally unique perfume that does a new take on the spice-bombs of the past. Regrettably not for me.

mandi
mandi

Thanks to Nyoka for giving me a sample of this stunner.

Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant is not for the timid or demur; thankfully i am none of those things, so i can happily wrap myself in it's bold spicy warmness and enjoy it for many hours.

Wearing Jungle L'Elephant is the equivalent of wearing a blood red dress to funeral, you will stand out!

swedeangel

Ooops,what is this?Is it a perfume or is it a turkish bazaar on bottle..? I did expect something loud and odd yes,but this.. I both hate and love it. The spices ,the liquorice ,and then the mango up on that is very unique. I love it and at the same time its just too much,never had such a hard time making my mind up what to think ! And the longetivity is almost too good - seems like once put on ,it never goes away entierly!
Its not easily worn,and certainly not an everyday scent , but when the mood is right,and i feel wild and free,yes such days it could be the thing.
I think...

delphine67
delphine67

Very strong I dont like it. A mix of al kind of spices

Ouch!
Ouch!

Unusual for sure.

What I lke about this perfume is the perfect balance of spicy and sweet.

This perfume smells like a spicy vanilla and it has a very apparent dryness aswell. It smells quite woody.

Top notes most noticable are the cloves, the heart is very fruity and dry...smells like seeds, and the the base is the most dry, with the vanilla always being there giving it a sweetness.
It finishes right at the end with a faint but VERY sweet vanilla base.

I have the mini and wouldn't say I'd buy this myself but..it came as part of a set and I do like it because it's very different.

Aalia
Aalia

One excellent quality of this perfume is that the spiciness lasts and lasts.
The perfume has good longevity, about 4 to 6 hours, and the spiciness sticks around. I also found this to be a skin scent. I had no sillage action going on! Also, the perfume did not transform along time...at moments some extra vanilla would pop out, but, that´s it.
I thought L´Elephant was a had-to-have for my wardrobe..but..hm...now I am so thankful for that member who swapped with me an sent me this sample-I won´t be buying this one. I´m so surprised it wasn´t a winner for me, Spicy Oriental is my favorite scent category!

Kenzo Jungle has always always been a great favorite of mine. But it is not that easy to wear, because of it's impact. But since a few days I own the masterpiece 'Marella Ferrera MF' and it is a tuned down sister, extremely elegant. For those that get up with Jungle and go to bed with Jungle, you should own the Marella too.

Kenzo Jungle is one of those fragrances that I will always recognize when I smell it around! I first came to know it many years ago. I was a young girl mad for perfumes and especially weird ones! This doesn’t mean I could afford buying them, but my collection of vials started there and I still own most of them. Sadly enough I lost my beautiful mini of L-Elephant :(
I loved it so much! I didn’t wear it, but loved to smell it. I was a lonely melancholic teen-ager with very little charme or boldness. We all were girls at high-school and not very fashionable ones. Thinking of this scent now and other big monster of that age like Samsara I can see that most girls wearing them were totally not fitting the scent, rather the scent worn them.
Kenzo Jungle is real perfume for me, the kind that ancient stories about queens and warriors in Middle East talk about. Only licorice makes it modern and weird! I don’t see it very often on shelves now but when it happens to see it while scrolling down perfume stores I always give it a sniff and everytime while SAs push me the last fresh spring floral from Chanel and the alikes, I look at that squared bottle with the elephant on top and think that none of those non-descriptive EdT compare to the “monster”.
L’Élephant is a rich round big blend of spices like cardamom and cloves with a faint trace of flowers and a thick ambery drydown, slightly powdery because of iris. Licorice radiates throughout the evolution of the scent from beginning to end. One may think that licorice makes it similar to Lolita Lempicka, but this is quite wrong. L’Élephant is not so fairy and doll-like!
It is a very warm scent to wear, so it is perfect for winter, but if you spray it once and then dab it on pulse points you can wear it in summer too.
To be honest it would be better to check your chemistry with this before buying because it can smell a little dirty and earthy.
It's not a scent that generally draws compliments from men, but it probably wasn't meant to be a frilly-girly scent since the beginning in Kenzo's mind!
It especially matches with eastern-like orange and purple silky clothes. The image that this scent conjures up for me is that of a strong wild woman of any age that runs her life the way she wants. The commercial is absolutely fitting the fragrance!
I always feel a temptation to buy a big bottle to have but I won’t buy it now since at the moment I’m not keen of wearing it, because it’s a big memory trigger for me of an age I don’t miss in my life.

hollycat

I have gone through quite an evolution since joining this site. I had this perfume for about 6 mos and really couldnt deal with it. Too much. Too weird. But Ive grown and so has my taste in perfumes. Ive reviewed this perfume before I really understood it. But now... I find it exquisite in a bold kind of way. Its surprisingly versatile. It has a bright sparkle to it, which makes it appropriate for warm summer days and nights. It has a warmth that makes it perfect for winter as well. Its spicy, but not in a typical way. Its got its own character. Its for the woman who no longer cares what people think and who marches to the beat of her own drummer.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I love the boldness of this oriental: different, exotic and strong. Talk about leaving a trail! First time I encountered this fragrance, it was through a girl who was wearing it beautifully. I remember her saying that when her boyfriend finished with her, she sprayed a load of L'Elephant on a scarf of his she had borrowed before she gave it back! I bet it took a while for him to get rid of the smell, and therefore to forget her!
I have been mildly tempted to buy several times, but I don't love it enough to buy it and wear it with pride...I would however really like to smell Tiger, but have not managed to find it so far (I am expat, and where I live we only get the very commercial stuff)
Incidentally, Coco is top on my wish list...

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

I first smelled this one about 10 years ago on a student colleague. I loved it then and I thought it was really powerful and sexy.

*****
3 years later from my review....I still think this is fantastic. I'm deffo into powerful perfumes now and I have the guts to wear it, even in the office, haha!

skitten

Kenzo Jungle is the best. The Ultimate in seduction. Men love it, as do women. My signature scent. Spicy, warm, melting moments,staying power, not for the faint hearted. Wear Jungle if you dare. People know when I am around, in a good way,I can not praise this perfume any higher... xx.............

spookyjan

my second review of this perfume as i wrote in my first i was dissapointed.i have worn it 4 times now an still get the pencil sharpener smell,however a wise older woman told me to spray it into a small open pot,an spread more evenly on the body,as one spray too much....i can tell ya the difference is not so overwhelming,smells better,an just keeps getting better as you wear it.so glad i didnt ditch this.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

I LOVE it!
It smells so yummy I actually get hungry while wearing it...
Fits cold weather and bold personality!

freggle78
freggle78

This is such a weird perfume, every time it seams to smell different. When I just put it on it is so overwhelming but after an hour or so it tones down ans smells actually strangly plesant. It keeps surprising me.

spookyjan

i couldnt wait to try this,i am so dissapointed.first smell to come up is the spices an licorice,which are lovely ..after 1 hour on my skin all i get is the smell of a pencil been sharpened like a sawdust smell.im sure it must be me.you try to wash this off an it wont budge.never had a perfume smell so bad on me.

adele l
adele l

This smells like christmas- strong cinnamon potpourri. It's not awful and the staying power is impressive..but no

kittymoon
kittymoon

If you haven’t been on an Indian market yet, go and pop your head into an Indian restaurant kitchen. That’s how JE smells. It’s obtrusive and pushy. It screams: “cinnamon, cardamom, liquorice!” whilst the elephant is stomping in the rhythm of your heartbeat. It gets calmer but never quiet. If you don’t like Angel, stay far away from this. I loved it for the liquorice which apparently makes the boys obedient. You have to be strong to carry it off. Oh and do us a favour, don’t wear it in the summer.

teedee
teedee

after looking high and low for this one, i finally saw a sample in a shop! i was soooo eager to try it...
to my surprise, this is not the kind of smell i would expect from Kenzo.

it was a unique explosion of exotic spices and herbs... then it tones down to lovely mix of well rounded vanilla, cardamom and spices. lovely lovely...cant wait to try it on my skin tomorrow!!!

but let me warn you, this is not safe fragrance most people would wear...

dont be too generous when you spray it on..the silleage is huge...

it seems to stay forever and ever too... i am totally loving this..

melia
melia

In my opinion, it smells super chemical and cheap... I know it's supposed to be a spicy fragrance, but spice is earthy and 'real'. This is like plastic.

perfumepsych
perfumepsych

TO YOUR SURPRISE AND MY TOO, IT SMELLS REALLY EATABLE ON ME!
IT IS LIKE A DESSERT; TIRAMISU OR EKMEK (TURKISH DESSERT)!
I THINK I CAN MOSTLY SMELL THE CARDAMON, THE HELEIOTROPE AND THE LIQUORICE ON MY SKIN!
I NEVER EXPECTED TO SAY IT BUT I REALLY LIKE IT!

angelyna
angelyna

I admit I like soft perfumes, but this one drives me crazy... Don't know why! Definitely not my style, or anyone's who likes a more subtle and fresh fragrance for that matter, but I truly enjoy it. Not on a long term, for instance if I wear it today I might not wear it for a couple of weeks from now, still...
As for lasting power, God, I wish every perfume I have to just keep going and going like Jungle does.

selinum28
selinum28

I have finally tested Jungle... I expected something more charming, probably because I only knew Flower, Summer and the Magnolia blend from Kenzo. Jungle, Monde and Kenzo are completely another matter, done for a woman who is not concerned about making others feel comfortable all the time (and this is not bad!). I would never buy any of them: it is easy to get sick if you are, like me, one of those who are smelling and dreaming and smelling again, even deeper than the first time...; this is the main problem, because you can buy a great perfume but never wear it in public, and Jungle is someway a great one. Every time I smell it, the first impression reminds me a different kind of candy, one of those so agressive that I loved when I was a child, sparkling with a white crystal that we called "sidral". It is truly an animal scent, like the one of an elephant, it is very alive: the sublime and the misery and the elements on the skin.

nenuphar
nenuphar

I need to admit I bought this unsniffed!
That cute bottle with elephant was calling my name. And good thing I bought a 5ml mini because I can't imagine ever buying a larger bottle of this stuff. It's been on my arms for about an hour and the crazy cinamon nose-tingling sensation is finally dying down a tad. I don't think I can say much more than I feel like a walking Christmas dollar store dried pot-pourri package, the kind with that background floral thing happening amidst the heaps of spices. And this stuff is potent!
Actually I would recommend it as a cost saving way to air freshen you home during the holidays.
I still love the bottle. Sigh.

I see L'Elephant as an escape; an escape from the common and predictable fragrances of today. Not everyone will love L'Elephant, as in some instances the spiciness and boldness can prove to be too much. However, despite the fact that I'm not a lover of this fragrance, I do appreciate its uniqueness.

The fragrance opens with huge intensity. One is almost blown over backwards with its rich spices and citrus undertones. I wouldn't say that the top notes are offensive in any way, just shocking and vastly different from anything you've ever tried before.

The spices in L'Elephant are quite stunning in a dark, wild and exotic sense. The cloves, cardamom, caraway, licorice and patchouli gives this fragrance character and a somewhat smokey/incense quality.

What I find incredibly appealing, and in some ways sensual, is the contrast between spiciness and sweetness, which is brought about by the mango, ylang ylang and vanilla. It's a guilty pleasure that you experience, like adding a spoonful of sugar to a spicy Indian cuisine to send your tastebuds on a confusing yet enjoyable journey.

The drydown is very mild compared to the opening. The sweetness from the vanilla is more prominent here, as is the amber and the woods. I find it a delicate and comforting end to a rather wild olfactory experience.

The L'Elephant woman, in my opinion, is either a charismatic extrovert or a dark, mysterious introvert. On the right person, this fragrance is unforgettable.

nyoka
nyoka

i bought my 1st bottle of L Elephant today but,it wont be my last.i was intrigued by it when i 1st came to know it.it begins with a candleshop smell.all spicy,exotic florals,then it settles into a warm blanket of cinnoman.for hours.finally it calms into a smoky sweetness that comforts and hugs the vwearer.i can imagine a baby elephant,cuddled to his mother in bliss,peace and tranquility.

Maoocha
Maoocha

I bought this unsniffed today. Right at first spritz this smells citrusy orange, harmless, I thought, but just as this cross my mind the alcohol dried up and slapped a blast of spices at your face, cinnamon, cardamon and a little salt. Then it relaxes and fades into light spicy coconut notes. Yes, I'm not sure why, but Major coconut. Mmmm nice. like a spicy Thai dish. The dry woody patchouli notes are emerging now as I type this sentence. The spices lasted all the way through. Not a strong fragrance on me. Glad I bought this.

weegee
weegee

Wild enough for the jungle and noisy enough for the circus. Could also easily be the 4-H livestock area at the county fair with the Old Hippies' retail booths right nextdoor selling incense, body oils and Kreteks/clove cigarettes (all necessary to cover the smell of your Weed).

Lots of dry hay & alfalfa feed. Green but not a really fresh green. Something salty & sweet in the background - peanuts? funnelcake? No, it's Crackerjack! Did someone spill a cherry coke or about a gallon of Dr. Pepper? Aw, is that bubblegum on my shoe? All of the STRONGEST animal and food smells you'd find along the carnival midway at night when the neon lights are glowing and people are laughing and screaming with delight on the roller coaster and ferris wheel.

Wore a sample and received more compliments than anything I've worn in the past 6 months. I liked it an awful lot but I was really hoping to smell a little elephant :)

Update: My initial experience was during the coldest days of late winter and we're now in the hottest days of summer so I thought I'd revisit the jungle habitat of the elephant. OH, BABY! Does this juice ever blossom in the heat! Of course..."jungle"... how could I have been so wrong to test in February?! Cardamom, cloves, salt, licorice, body odor, STRAW and HAY. The caramel/peanut Crackerjack note is delicious and yes: NOW I SMELL THE ELEPHANT!! Bravo!!

When this bottle is gone there'll be another. Unique in my collection (and THAT'S saying something!) with spiced sillage to die for! Bold, yes, but what elephant isn't?

Njuta67
Njuta67

Do not have anny MYSK under left on skin then you put this masterpice on. Does no work out well.
It is the perume ppl around ask what perfume im wear.
Have that smell remind me of X-mas eve.

hollycat

Ive been wanting to try this for a while now. So I recently bought a mini. Im always open to new and unique fragrances. And unique this is. The main notes that stand out on me is the ylang ylang and the cardamom and bit of vanilla. Its also very sweet on me. In the real world I could never walk around smelling like this. To me this will never work. Who knows maybe Ill grow to like it. But I highly doubt it.

guest_cristina
guest_cristina

Sorry, I hate this. It makes me sick since last summer, when a friend of mine used to wear it on the beach, and not applied a light hand at all.I hated on her, I tried it on me (wrong idea, on summer!),I had a headache for couple of hours , so NO NO.My friend still wears it, but even in winter I find it intoxicating.Too powerfull, to sweet, overwhelming.Comparing to this, my Obsession seems like cologne water...

Sugar419
Sugar419

I think I would enjoy smelling this fragrance on others, but on me it was too much. I think it's very different and I like that it is not a typical scent you'd expect from a perfume, but when I tried it on, by the end of the day I couldn't wait to scrub it off even though I enjoyed it for the first several hours. Very spicy, very different, very interesting.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

L' Elephant is one of those perfumes that I felt compelled to sample even though I fully expected to hate it. I was even standing by near the shower to scrub, if need be. However, I was pleasantly surprised! It starts out as a dry, spicy scent, mostly raw ground cinnamon with some clove, cardamon, and trace amounts of other spices mixed in. This elephant is not the beast in the jungle, but a statue carved out of a great block of cinnamon wood, rubbed with every spice known to man, a pagan idol in honor of the elephant. It's an intense jolt of energy on a gray and rainy morning. As it dries down, the anise, flowers, patchouli, and vanilla become detectable for a while but, unfortunately, it eventually settles into a scent that has a doughy, stale washcloth note, probably the heliotrope. This phase spoils the overall effect for me. This one goes in the box of curiosities for possible re-evaluation at a later date.

octobersun
octobersun

This is just the king if all spicy fragrances. Unique, unforgetable, fantastic.

Persephone
Persephone

Remember clove cigarettes that burn holes in your stomach? Kenzo Elephant is all about clove, this dangerous smokey beauty could have the same impact to ozone in the atmosphere if applied with a heavy hand. Clove is smooth here, cardamon creates smoke similar to incense and plum adds a fragrant sweet touch to this composition. This is an epitome of a bazaar in Mumbai, where your head spins from the exciting abundance of color, smells of spices, animals and people. This is a VERY strong perfume with a monster sillage, which maybe too unusual to inexperienced noses (you might see a few brows raising), but otherwise fantastic. Spaying your under knees only will be sufficient. Otherwise, remember, elephants and women never forget.

om
om

I gues that one of my closest friends would say about this perfume: "people shouldn't smell like this" and I would understand her in a way:) When I tested this perfume for the first time I could think only of smell of circus, to be more precise - animals there, smell of their food, their sweat.. this is how elephant smells, I thought:)
I was very curious do others percieve it the same way? So I asked one of my male frieds to smell my wirst.. mmhh - it is so nice and.. provoking - be careful!:)
It was surpise how diferent perseptions might be, but I decided to give second chance for this wild, strong and loud animal and now we are very good friends:) I wear it to feel my feet firm on the ground and give a chance to my nose to sence something very diferent.
I still think that it is kind of stinker (that is how I feel clove note here), but its beauty is in its ugliness:)

guest_Karinka
guest_Karinka

I love shopping for new scents at the perfume shops in the Caribbean which is where I first purchased it. The elephant is my favorite animal, so my eye was drawn to the packaging, but my soul was drawn to the fragrance. As I am allergic to roses, I was thrilled to find such an exotic, heady fragrance, made without them. It invariably gets responses [one commenting it had a cinnamon note] and absolutely needs to be used sparingly as it is long lasting.

Getelle
Getelle

the wildest thing I've ever met.
wearing it is a pretty brave deed when you're living in deep orthodoxal russian backwoods :D that's why I appreciate it.

Malegria

Spicy and sharp, Jungle reminds me of Indian sweets with cardamom and cloves, biriyani...an overall impression of a great Eastern bazaar.At first, there is an ouburst of cloves and cardamom - will make your mouth water!And to tell you the truth it does not really calm down...the mango adds sort of a greenish spiciness, the cumin makes sure that the mango is not joking!!!!!
Very unique and vibrant. There is nothing like Jungle! Wear it proud with your head held high and prepare for questions about what are you wearing!

wallflower
wallflower

when i first smelled it in an airport duty free shop i immediately fell in love with it and i had to have it. it's a truly unique smell, i bet you have never smelled anything like this before! its more mature and very bold so i think that it suits women over 30, women who are taking charge of their life and are happy with themselves. its a really hedonistic, full-on fragrance with a lot of spices, amber and vanilla. so warm, so exotic, so sultry..like a jungle!
definitely to be used in little quantities, night-time only! yes, this fragrance is not easy-to-wear but its worth it coz if it suits you, you will probably get reactions.
it has monster staying power and if it gets to your hair, it will last on you until the next hairwash! not kidding! once i got asked what perfume was i using to smell that good when i sprayed it on the previous day!
once a guy asked me in a bar if i was wearing Angel coz he said that the sweetness reminded him to that one. one girl also mentioned that my perfume was really sweet but i think that wasnt exactly a compliment..so if you want to impress everyone with your pleasant smell, this is not what you are looking for.
unfortunately i think my perfume went bad coz after some years it started to smell really cloying and suffocating, not that stunning smell i fell in love with.:( so i advise you to strictly keep it away from heat and sunshine.
all in all if you are looking for a really edgy and unique signature frag to match your strong personality, you should definitely try it.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Poisonous, you could kill wearing it; in a good way of course; smells like no other perfume, a masterpiece. Stunning, charismatic, very loud, very strong. Sexual, exotic, an evening perfume, makes one think of crazy nights, killer love, forbidden affairs, forgotten lands... Incredible but hard to wear... needs a special occasion; smells like cloves and wet dirt and sex and desire. Unconventional and irrational. Incredible and very sexy, eternal.

nezzabel

Bold
Sexy
Unique
Masterpiece

What more can we ask for a perfume?

L'elephant is one of the greatest perfume ever! It's an "here I come, look at me" kind of scent. Edgy, sophisticated... the most unique scent I've ever smelled. Perfect for getting noticed... for the right reasons!
simply amazing!

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I am in love with this!Its the most special smell ever.I could not belive it when i first smelled it,that it was made a smell like this!So powerful and sexy,i will always have this in my collection.It lasts forever too.When i put this on i really feel like that girl in the commercial with the elephants..

ice2fire
ice2fire

Haha, I heard many times voices of horror "how can you wear this?!" But I have a fondness for strong and wild scents. And this one is exceptionally wiiiild! Spicy, hot and sharp. Wrrau! And it lasts almost forever :-)

As Joy
As Joy

I usually never buy perfume without first trying it several times on my skin, but with L'Elephant I made a rare exception. I just knew that I would like it, and I do.

The video for L'Elephant describes the fragrance exceptionally well, I think. When I sprayed l'elephant on my wrist, I really felt like something hit me on the head, and hard. On the video, a plane rushes past the girl, and a herd of golden elephants is running towards her in the desert. I would say the plane is the cardamom, clove and cumin, and the elephants are a combination of vanilla, ylang ylang and amber, as well as maybe a hint of fruity notes, but just a hint. Oh, and don't forget the licorice. With the cardamom, licorice is one of the first notes, though cardamom is the strongest, and it stays on your skin for quite a while. After a while, the cardamom steps back to give room for clove and cumin, which do not dominate like the cardamom. The warm notes of vanilla and amber are there from the very beginning, defending their room against the hot spices. In the end, L'Elephant is a soft, round and comforting scent that feels like a warm wool scarf. Despite this, I think it can be worn also during the summer, because I can actually see myself in a hot jungle when wearing it.

This is a really unique fragrance, which I think is demonstrated in the video with the wildly made-up girl that elegantly looks into the camera in the end. Rarely have I seen such an apt commercial for a fragrance.

It might be safer to first spray this in the air and just walk through the mist, instead of spraying straight on the skin. The strongness may surprise you, but as you get used to it, it won't bother that much. Besides, this has a really good lasting power, which means one spray on your wrist stays there throughout the day and the amber and vanilla might still be there on the next morning. Somehow the perfume remotely reminds me of YSL Opium.

I recommend for those adventurous and fearless - fear not, you'll be rewarded in the end!

thanks God,at last I could test kenzo elephant,but no...it's not for me.
it starts very strongly with oriental aromas which are so warm.it smells really like jungle,kind of rare herbals,mixed with woodsy notes and warm oriental aromas.it's too heavy!
I'm not with those who love this fragrance,but I guess it's perfect for young women who adore heavy smelling,without being old-fashioned.
also,it would be a good choice for autumn and winter.but not everybody likes this kind of strange attraction,so be careful!
personally,I'm just happy that I tested it once and guess it'll be the last time too!

mean_kitty
mean_kitty

I love it! I knew from the very moment I saw the bottle, then I tried on a tester and I felt a lot of pepper.
I normally like pepper so
I give it a new try and I fell in love with it!
It's like an oriental fairytale you never get enought and it stays with you all day
the smell pesisted for almost 12 hour for me. amanzing it's all i can about this parfum.

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

Ah! Kenzo, Kenzo, Kenzo! Are you married? lol

The elephant is my totem animal and I wanted so much to love this perfume. When I read the reviews and saw all the beautiful notes (I love almost every single one of them), I knew that I had found one of "Ze" perfume. (What do you want, I cannot only love one forever, I need at least 5 beloved ones... lol).

The spices, the juicyness of the few fruits, the licorice, the vanilla, the amber. I can pass a whole hour sniffing my wrist and dreaming of the jungle.

I do agree with Adriana when she says that the drydown is a bit similar to Organza Indecence (one of my ex-signature perfume). Vanilla and cinnamon.

I will keep the empty bottle with the nice elephant on top! I never keep empty bottles!

I just can't get enough of my Elephant! ;-)

Mim
Mim

L'Elephant is special and strong, seductive in it's own way! I like the way it warms up the room. It's so spicy that it provokes and that's what I like the most about this perfume. Mostly it's scent shocks people but they like it after all. As naughty as I am, I'm still careful not to wear it when it's 2hot outside because I don't want people to faint around me.

triplex
triplex

I tried this years ago when it was released and didn´t like it. tried it again now and I am totally in love with Jungle L´elephant. It is so differant and delicious. Its warm and fruity. Spicy and almost dessert-like. Smells like cinnamon bread n´butter pudding. Exotic. I evan got some positive comments from strangers. I´m glad I have a huge bottle cause I want to swim in it!

L'elephant is really an unusual (or it was) strong scent, very daring and sensual, but not in a girly way. It's intense, woodsy, intensely spiced and it has a licorice note that can become pervading and not so nice. I don't wear it, but it's a very interesting fragrance, very out of the crowd. On some skin chemistries it becomes very mellow.

Mals86
Mals86

When I first tried L'Elephant, I immediately had a flashback to being in middle school, going somewhere with friends, and smelling a strong perfume in the air. This was a long time ago, when dinosaurs walked the earth (just kidding!) and Opium and Cinnabar were new fragrances. I think it must have been a movie theater, and someone had an open cup of Dr. Pepper...

Opium, buttered popcorn, and the raisin-prune-and-spice-cola accord of Dr. Pepper: voila, L'Elephant! Now, I absolutely despise Opium - it's the patchouli and the monster sillage that makes me hate it - but I kind of liked L'Elephant. It's not a fragrance I'd wear often, and I'd only ever wear it, APPLIED SPARINGLY!, in super-chilly weather, but it's certainly very interesting.

rosaria
rosaria

A controversial love-or-hate fragance. This was not love at first spray ,only after several attempts I finally fell in love with it.

It's funny how this scent seemed disagreable to me the first time I sampled it and how I enjoy it today.

Jungle l'elephant has a very different, strong, spicy scent. I personaly smell a lot of clove, what makes the fragance hot and sensual.

The sillage is great. It wiil stay with you for hours...

Violet13
Violet13

I have never smelled anything like this one... It is so strong and it lasts for hours on my skin. Too dominant for me. But who knows? Maybe one day, I will fall in love with it, but simply, "our" time has not arrived yet:)!

essija
essija

I have finally tried this and Oriental Spicey For sure! I get a lot of cloves and cinnamon. Very rich and reminds me of a good cigar. Don't think I would wear this often enough to buy a fb but this is a very nice scent. Unique for sure.. This would be nice to wear around the Holidays

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

i have to start this by saying that i am enamored with this smell! at first, it definitely comes at you with power. after a bit though, the yuletide part wears out. then you're left with a creamy, spicy stunner. very enticing.

wildheaven
wildheaven

This one starts smelling like a summer tropical night, so enticing...then evolves to a mix of spices and vanilla.

On the right skin it smells so rich and sexy.

Just one warning: go easy when spraying, this one screams I HAVE CHEMICAL WEAPONS AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM...

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

This is an increadibly sexy fragrance. It has very good staying power too. I really like this one.

licavi
licavi

I discovered Jungle many years ago.It s MY perfume, my trade mark, there is not one day thay someone doesn t ask me about my perfume.It is certainly strong,spicy personal.Just like I like fragances,you pass by and your perfume stays!!!!

Silvery

I want to like this one so much, but it seems like we don't match... I've tried Kenzo Jungle more times, on paper and on my skin too, but every time I spray it on, it gets bittersweet and nauseous :S I'm sooo sorry for it, but it can't be helped - my skin chemistry... :(
Once my form teacher smelt very good, I wondered what perfume she wore, it was so familiar, but I couldn't figure it out... I asked her, and it was Kenzo Jungle. On her, it was surprisingly soft and woody, with a small hint of flowers, a gentle fragrance - I'd never thought this one could be so mild.
Hmmm... I don't care, I'll try it again!

elly77
elly77

"The difference between a medicine and a poison is about dose, the same is applied for Kenzo." 03/19/09 05:35:38

i couldn't put it better.

cora
cora

Absolutely loved it despite the fact that people around could not breath..

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is perfume is strong in a right way for me. At first I can feel cinnamon... very much of it... yum! It lasts long and goes through all the time. It's so spicy and warm, it would wear it right now if I had a bottle of this wonderful perfume. There's nothing dirty about it. It's very oriental and spicy. Then after few hours I can feel cardamom here, but before that composition is becoming more sweet, I think it's vanilla. Also there's something very honey-like in dry-down.
And it perfectly fits there. Today is feeling of first day of spring and I like this fragrance, it really is perfect for first days when you actually can feel how sun is warm and close your eyes.. to me it reminds something in India. Worth trying.

mesier
mesier

it is a beautiful scent....like in aromatherapy......very warm very sweet verry pouding vanilla cloves smell.....like hmmm modern girl in a big jungl-discotec haha very nice BUT sorry without class like for egzample chanel 5....KENZO JUNGLE IS NOT FOR BOSSY -DIRECTOR WOMEN (sorry for my english)

eljayebee
eljayebee

I had to write about this perfume because the effect it had on me was so strange. I bought it (untested!)on eBay. At the first sniff of my wrist my only thought was,"well, you finally bought one that you can't stand". But when my husband came home and crawled into bed with me he said,"somebody smells good!",so I tried it again today and I can't stop sniffing my wrist. Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to whether or not I should also try Le Tigre?

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I had to wear this on my skin three times before I really fell for it...the first time, I wasn't sure about the spicy opening. I smelled some notes that reminded me of hay! Second time, I picked up more of the clove and cinnamon notes and began to appreciate it more.

Third time (today) and I am completely smitten...it snowed several inches last night and this was perfect for a brisk snowy winter day! I usually find it difficult to enjoy fragrances that are mostly spices, but something about this makes it honeyed and creamy enough to really ride it out.

Very unique and definitely not for everyone, nor for every day. I can't think of any other fragrance I could even begin to compare.

kayka
kayka

i had a large bottle.

sometimes i had a wish to broke it, because it gave me so strong headache..

i loved it, but no so long..

i think, it smell so strong, dirty and terrible, just like an elephant!!

Jolanta
Jolanta

Yesss, too strong and spicy for me, but I love the bottle. I use to spray it inside my bathroom before a bath...and fell like in SPA...

CFKay
CFKay

This is my HG and the fragrance everyone knows me by. Strangers often react and ask me what I'm wearing. Warm creamy honeyed cinnamon spices with awesome staying power. Soooo.. sultry and sexy! If this one works with your chemistry, wear it proudly because there is nothing else out there as unique as this. Truly an unforgettable signature scent.

PR
PR

oddly smelling perfume..I wouldn't recognise it on others as a perfume perhaps, i guess..I would think about it as the smell of a place or premises I'm in, but wouldn't ascribe it to the person. I recon this 'animal' doesn't belong in my perfume wardrobe

Leukothea
Leukothea

Well, you can keep me pinned
It's easier to tease
But you can't paint an elephant
Quite as good as this
And no one can make me happy quite as good as him :'(
Oh when will you be mine?

rebella

I think it is amazing how different the same perfume can be on different people. On me Kenzo Jungle is not at all strong and offensiv, it is soft, but offcourse hot´n spicy too.

XSX
XSX

Only for those with a good stomach! Although it is not ugly when you first try it, smells like a bubble gum, it is sooo heavy and strong that it will blow up your head, suffocate you and entirely fill out your guts if you wear it! There will be nothing else you would be able to sense around you...

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Please take my advice and purchase a sample or decant of this scent if you have never tried it before. Don't make my mistake and purchase a whole bottle. It is a very unusual fragrance and I have a feeling that the overall effect of it depends greatly on individual skin chemistry.

On me, Jungle L'Elephant was not the warm, pleasant fragrance that others have described. It had a very off, chemical smell, like a sweet but cheap candle. The dry-down was a little more tolerable, but this perfume persists and it will take forever to get to that dry-down.

Definitely a cool weather fragrance, and not to be worn if you'll need to share space with others.

I love a good spicy oriental, but I think I'll keep searching.

Carla
Carla

A sexy, sultry, spicy, sensational scent for winter evenings. It reminds of a lighter version of Paloma Picasso which I love as well but find it to be too strong. I always have this in my collection to wear on nights on on the town.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

What a great perfume! It is bold, great for colder weather, and it makes a sexy statement. Not a floral fragrance-this one is spicy and sexy and not at all subtle (but in a good way). I really like it and if you like strong, spicy perfumes this would be a great one to try.

SheVampire
SheVampire

This one makes me feel so warm, calm and protected!It's perfect for cold evenings. I can smell something like cinnamon and mostly that made me love it. I heard so many complaints about how strong and ugly spicy it is, but I don't see that in this perfume.

KalteStern
KalteStern

I Do wear it to work (but then, I am a the Boss!) , because unlike a lot of modern female fragrances it isn't too sweet or cloying, unlike say LouLou or Poison, although it is very strong. The very spicy effect is highly distinctive, so people often ask what it is - so if you want to make a statement, and be sure that everyone knows you by your signature fragrance, this will fit the bill.

Silvery

Reminds me of Gucci Rush, but more sophisticated and less harsh. Very interesting, unusual, and a little bittersweet for me, especially after several hours. I wouldn't wear myself, maybe later...

Natalia78
Natalia78

Great evening perfume. don't try during the day as it can make some more sensitive noses around you go bananas.

guest_ljubica
guest_ljubica

It's so strong and overbearing that a special licence should be issued for those wanting to wear it.
Only for overly self-confident, and even a bit ruthless.
The shy and sensitive - stay away!

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

It smell is a big, cherryful, sweet, fine cloud of cardamom, pretty decorated of citrus note. Sometime I used their, but later become too sultry for my. But now I have beautiful, delicate version of Elephant - imo - Magot Etro is very simililary a type as Elephant and I am happy:)

Marra
Marra

It's an intersting perfumes, and really long-lasting. But it one of those i get headache of.

sanziana29
sanziana29

This perfume was quite a revelation for me, because it has a ability to change itself, transform into a gourmand mixture. The best part is that you don't smell like a cake, but like a wild, jungle forest. It lasts forever and ever, and gives you the feeling that everything can be possible!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Cinnamon... I could immediately smell the cinnamon without ever knowing the notes, it's very detectable in this fragrance! It's beautiful, spicy and headstrong. Unfortunately, although the notes seem to be very much my taste, L'Elephant isn't quite my style. I like it a lot, but not for me. It opens with, of course, the cinnamon and you can smell it still in the dry down, with patchouli, vanilla, and a little bit of mango. To me, it's like a sharper version of Organza Indecence. It's very unique and sexy, somewhat masculine as well!

guest_Lylian
guest_Lylian

This is one of my favourites, its unique(its similar to kenzo jungle tigre but not the same), its unforgettable and sophisticated althoug its strong, so you dont have to put on too much. its quite spicy and sweet but not the kind of sweet that makes you feel sick.
just love it

rebella

This, on me, is hardcore sensuality in a bottle! ;) When I wear it, wich is quite often, it seems like everybody loves me. I have had it since way back in the beginning of the 90´s... and I always return to this fragrance. My husband loves it on me! And yes, it´s strong, it´s dominant, it´s bold... for me it isn´t at first a female fragrance, it´s kind of an animalic experience... and yes, ofcourse I love it!

caribou55313
caribou55313

Exuberantly sexy and fruity, I love it! One of the few gourmands I enjoy, sensual and fun in the extreme. On me at least, this is very much like spicy Bond Chinatown, probably the patchouli/Cashmeran/cardamom accord.

BlackAmberMoon

If you took Opium and mixed it into a vat of licorice, then added some mango and cumin, you'd get L'Elephant. I literally crave it; smelling it induces euphoria. The licorice is brilliant--it makes the spices fresh, creamy, and aromatic, and lends it a modern edge. Later in the drydown, as the scent softens and the vanilla emerges, it becomes a deeply sexual aroma. There is nothing on the mainstream perfume market like it, so you MUST try before you buy - this is not for everyone. For me, it's perfect, and it lasts FOREVER. Many people would only wear L'Elephant during winter, but I find the warm summer breezes bring out its tropical vibe. It's one of the few perfumes I wear that provokes positive reactions from strangers on the street--I've had people stop me to ask what I'm wearing. One woman was actually jumping up and down she loved it so much! If anyone knows where to purchase bath products and/or a lotion, please let me know. :)

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

many people find l'elephant too strong, too spicy. but i think it is a great, unique and charming fragrance. i like the combination of spices. it is great and it is unique. you can mistake it for another fragrance. :) and applied in small amounts it is great.

2007

Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant by Kenzo 3.77 out of 5 based on 1960 ratings and 408 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.