Designers » I-K » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Kenzo Jungle le Tigre Kenzo for women

Kenzo Jungle le Tigre Kenzo for women
dislike

cinnamon
Kenzo Jungle le Tigre Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Jungle le Tigre Kenzo for women Pictures Kenzo Jungle le Tigre Kenzo for women Pictures

Kenzo Jungle le Tigre by Kenzo is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Kenzo Jungle le Tigre was launched in 1997. The nose behind this fragrance is Dominique Ropion. Top notes are kumquat, tangerine and orange; middle notes are osmanthus and ylang-ylang; base notes are amber and cinnamon.

Kumquat Tangerine Orange

Osmanthus Ylang-Ylang

Amber Cinnamon

Cuba Orange
Rousse

Kenzo Jungle le Tigre Fragrance Reviews

etude83
etude83

Could I possibly purchase a sample or decant from one of you who owns this? I am antsy to try it, but fearful of blindly purchasing a full bottle at the current price point (astronomical given its rarity). I have a variety of scents I could offer in exchange, if you prefer to swap.

ginadantas
ginadantas

I think Antonio Banderas' Diavolo per Donna is a lighter and cheaper version of Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre... I had both fragrances. I like them.

jelizani
jelizani

This smells like carrot cake, in the best way possible.

Plamka
Plamka

Citrusy spicy..officially not for me. For those who miss this scent i'd like to recommend a cute cheap and a bit spicier alternative Salvador Dali "Itislove Intense". I will add Tigre to my collection and keep searching for Elephant, which, ironically, is harder for me to find...

BudgiePoo
BudgiePoo

I really miss this lovely scent.

icecube
icecube

Love, Love Love it !! Wish I could find it - but have been trying everything - and seems to be impossible to find. I am waiting for a miracle !!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A citrus opening, with light spicy undertones. The next phase remains lightly spicy, with a warmth and vanillic edge, but it remains fairly bland. Much better than it's Elephant counterpart, but still not on my "wear" list.

keeshfive
keeshfive

I love this fragrance, prefer to the elephant version. Very dissapoined to find out it was discontinued

Scatje
Scatje

This was a gift from a friend and I don't like it at all. It's too fuity and, on me it sent like rotten fruit. It's a pitty because there are other fragrances from Kenzo which I really like. At last I gave it away to another friend of mine who really liked this one

Warm and intensive mix of orange citruses, ylang-ylang and spices.

I like it more than Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant, but actually, it's not my cup of tea, too. I don't like the citrusy background. And the spices don't seem too pleasant to me.

imreimola
imreimola

Nőies,elegáns,érzéki illat.Ajánlom minden Nőnek!!!

Galya
Galya

Perfume from paradise....

primogenius
primogenius

It's not my cup of tee. Too sweet, even though that "brioche" note is rather interesting.

sofababe
sofababe

I think of Tigre as Elephant's baby sister. While Elephant is stomping around its bedroom playing very loud music Tigre is sitting quietly doing something artistic and cute. Sweet, interesting and engaging, tho I'm not sure I can imagine that Asian jungles smell of oranges and cinnamon. But today I certainly do, and I like it very much indeed.

gesch
gesch

For all lovers of this frag: I just bought me Tristano Onofri "Jungle Queen" (the name is just soridiculous that it is almost ok).
And though the name of the perfume is reaaallly to be ignored the scent is not:
It is a slightly more juicy (more mandarin I think) and not soooo much cinnamon-cream type of Kenzo's "Le Tigre".
Sadly it is not in the database... You see it time and again in auction houses or in the net... It is inexpensive and oh so worth it if you want to just have a possibility to enjoy the character of Le Tigre. It is not a direct copy but it is very close. The closest I smelled so far...

SheShe

I've felt in love in le Tigre so much that I've bought 20 ml of the fragrance. It was expensive but it's worth all the money. What a gorgeous scent! The wild cat with lazy attitude can make you go for him (because it's "he" in my mind ;) ) An image of Africa without buying a ticket and at once! Love, love it :) Actually when I've smelt it for the first time I knew I love it and felt that was it when it comes to spicy oriental scents (Elephant is in my top ten of all time fragrances too)

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Opening with a gorgeous apricot and orange accord, very fresh and delightfully fruity. Osmanthus then warms and brings in a velvety, floral, fruity smoke (which is where the similarity to apricot comes from).

Cinnamon indeed stripes this with a little heat, warm and luxurious and enhancing the sweetness, like dried fruit; ylang-ylang gives the heart some sexy full body, making this fragrance feel rather fleshy.

I was anticipating something darker with its reference to the majestic tiger (perhaps more like Cartier's Le Baiser du Dragon), but the fruitiness gives Jungle le Tigre a playful character--a flirty feline with a little welcome bite.

I don't think that it is so close to Organza.
I tested it yesterday and while I was still wondering whether I could like it, my husband found it extremely stinky. So it's a no-go for me ;-)

SheShe

Thank you. I don't know Organza Indecence, I know Organza and I don't like it, I hope O. I. is better, because I don't like this 'biting' feeling Organza on me has.

I fell in love in Le Tigre at once, unfortunately it isn't produced and what's left is so very expensive... I also love Elephant, but Tigre is easier to wear, cinnamon and wood here is absolutely fantastic. I rarely say a fragrance is a masterpiece. But the one really is :)

SheShe

I absolutely love it. If anyone knows a scent similiar to this one, please let me know. Le Tigre is a masterpiece! It's oriental but not too sweet, a beautiful exotic feeling - you do travel when you smell the perfume!

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

After reading so many good reviwes I had been really curious about Le Tigre. Today I finally got a 30 ml bottle and I must say I do agree this is an awesome scent. Can´t understand why it was discountinued. I have L´Elephant too and I like it a lot, but Le Tigre is far better.
It´s warm and really unique. It opens as a burst of spicy citrus, but almost immediatly turns into a creamy cinnamon scent which lasts very long. It´s confortable and ellegant at the same time, suitable for daytime and evenings imo. The sillage is noticeable but not overpowering, just right, I definitely feel it around me.
Cinnamon, amber and ylang-ylang are the most detectable notes on my skin. Le Tigre is not shouting-sexy as his brother L´Elephant, yet it´s very beautiful and misterious. Not an every day scent, though, since it could become annoying, specially on summer.

A lovely scent. Soft, a little bit spicy and amber/vanilla-warm. I wear this one both daytime and night/party-scent. Its not loud but its here all around me. The staying-power could be better - stays on my skin for about 2 hours..Le Tigre is for a grown up girl, I think. (EdP)

En härlig doft. Mjuk, lätt kryddig och amber/vaniljvarma basnoter. Jag använder denna doften både dagtid och för kväll/party. Det är ingen stark doft men den finns runt mig och är härligt tydlig utan att vara skarp eller stickig. Den håller lite dåligt på min hud - ca 2 timmar, sen är doften borta. Le Tigre är en doft för kvinnan mitt i livet i mitt tycke. (EdP)

Norgirl
Norgirl

wow what a kick i got out of this one .
I got it as a sample and sniffed the bottle and thought . no not my thing , but i did put some one today to try it .. and wow . at first it was quite spicy whit all the citruses. im a little puzzeld by the fact that it does not list spices in the opening.
just after a little wild somthing sweet comes in to play . i almost stopped in all i was doing at the time just sniffing and sniffing . It was almost like a wiff of marsmelow powder. quite nice. lovely, i guess it is at this stage the flowers come in to play . i realy realy like the smell of this one . but i have to reply it a few times and test in out properly to figuere this one out totaly .

Plesently suprised by this one .

KasiaS
KasiaS

Today one of my students asked me to sign a petition about legal protection of animals in my country and I did it willingly. In my country there are no tigers :) still, what a disgrace it was eliminating this charming predator from the shop shelves! Somebody should write a petition.
I must admit this is for me, so far, one of the most painful fragrance discontinuations ever. I am somehow emotionnaly attached to Tiger.. First of all, even if, arguably, not a masterpiece, it was a really one of a kind perfume - never ever I managed to find anything even slightly comparable, with all the massive production going on all this time - a woody-spicy-oriental, light but not weak, combining spices and citrus in an edgy and extraordinary way. It is 0% sticky, still sweet and pronounced. Also, maybe because it was somehow totally not-european (pure Africa for me!), there was something evermodern about it, I can't imagine it going outdated. It could easily be relaunched now as a hipster frag!
Second, the whole Jungle line - Elephant, Zebra and Tiger - was extremely recognizable, eye- and heartcatching and very memorable. Lovely and cute, too, the colours, the animal "totems" and all. It also fitted the Kenzo brand perfectly (colourful, freespirited, exotic, ethnic) and it should be kept as their flaship fragrance line.
Third, I just love the idea of a "tiger" scent, and this was a very good one (even if it, in fact, represented a cute and fluffy baby tiger, like some said before, or, more precisely, a tiger, and everything else, from Henri Rousseau's paintings!) and the colourful mini package and beautiful tigre-capped bottle are so enjoyable - they are like toys that I use to treat myself from time to time:)
Elephant and Tiger are like two sides of the moon, or like twin brothers. You just don't break homes like this!

scentiment
scentiment

One of my favorites. Such an amazingly special scent. It is spicy, it is round, it is like an african sunset. I'd LOVELOVELOVE to get my hands on a bottle and cherish every drop like nothing else.

Juma
Juma

Oranges and tangerines on the bed of cinnamon sticks.

And I thought I don't like cinnamon in Perfumes?!

It's gorgeous!

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

It is gorgeous!
I've made a really good deal and purchased this at a very good price…. It is my first rare fragrance and I'm happy :)It is more tender than the Elephant. On me I can smell the cinnamon, the orange and tangerine and overall it is a refined and well combined fragrance.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Tigre is such a special and truly highly sophisticated fragrance.
After initial application you get a powerful burst of citruses, with kumquat being the leader :-)
But it is not tarty or tangy but juicy sweet and mouthwatering.
Then, come spices and osmanthus; the fragrance changes dramatically, it feels like the highest quality lemon pepper.
Unlike most of you, I do not get any cinnamon, which is a shame as I was so looking forward to 'taste' it.
In my opinion, Tigre is far different from Elephant in terms of overall feel; Elephant was heavy, Tigre is of just the right strength. Very prominent cloves in Elephant made me a bit dizzy, there is no such feel in Tigre; there is no dominance of particualr notes. To me, all notes in Tigre do a great 'team work'.
Overall, I highly recommend Tigre to those who are deeply in love with spicy and powerful fragrances.
You will not get unnoticed wearing Tigre.
It is not as overwhelming as its brother - Elephant, so can easily be worn to office, on casual Saturday or a special evening for two :-)

P.S. Why it has been discontinued is completely beyond me, as it is far better than Elephant.
Tigre prices are ridiculously high, some of them cost as much as $200-$400.00 which in my opinion, is a cleverly thought over marketing catch. Get it before it becomes impossible to find. (Finding it nowadays is already a mission impossible)

9154mf
9154mf

The top notes smelt sharp and confusing on me, but luckily they only lasted about 5 minutes then out comes the lovely oriental notes of amber, cinnamon and vanilla, well balanced, not sharp but not sweet. It's not totally unique but it's nice.

delphine67
delphine67

a spcicy and fruity scent. Much better then elephant

adele l
adele l

kenzo elephant smells like christmas potpourri on me but this one is really nice. The ylang ylang comes out on top and it's all buttery sweetness. The cinnamon is very sedate which is appreciated

katabra
katabra

I have just received my 30ml bottle.It was a surprise from my husband.I really wanted this perfume because I love cinnamon and tigers.I don't believe though that it is worth the money because it is discontinued and thus rare.I think some people take advantage of it and ask
for a lot of money.Of course it is sexy,mysterious and 'adventurous' and at the same time it is sweet and cute. I like both elephant and tiger the same and i really don't understand why elephant still exists at the shops and tiger doesn't.Don't they see that there are a lot of people who like it?

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Started out very fruity, very sweet, and a little sharp on me. Stayed sharp through the dry-down, and devolved into pure cinnamon, which is a cold note on my chemistry, not a warm one.

c3c
c3c

I was truly disappointed in how this worked with my chemistry. I was so looking forward to experiencing it from the reviews. Strange as it is what le Tigre is on me is freshly ground peppercorns. It starts with pepper and a slight floral background that I hoped would come forward. Instead the pepper grew stronger. While I love freshly ground pepper I couldn't bring myself to like wearing it. I have no idea why everyone seems to get delicious sweet cinnamon and citrus notes and I get pepper but I'm envious. :(

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Mmmmm... rawr!! This smells sooo lovely. I just adore spicy scents! I can't help but to smile as I deeply inhale this perfume. I love the cinnamon, it is perfectly balanced with the other notes! I only have a mini bottle but it is so cute! I love the little tiger top. I need to obtain a full bottle of this; it is so worth it!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I got luckier than I could wish for when NathalieZ sent me this bottle; I just adore it! She is a wonderful "fragrantican" that decided to give me great joy with this perfume!
Going back to "le tigre", I must say that is much softer and more quiet than the "elephant". Very wearable, on me it smells like cake; sweet vanilla mixed with cinnamon sugar, and a bit of lemon/bergamote. It quite warm, and seems to radiate comfort. Wonderful in its simplicity, it doesn't have the raw sexuality that the "elephant" gives.... this is a pretty little baby tiger that wants to be loved, cuddled, petted.
So while I love both Kenzo le tigre and Kenzo elephant, I have to say that the similarities stop and the bottle design, name, and cinnamon flavor. One is a mysterious, possibly illegal love affair, very passionate and wild, unpredictable ( this is the elephant), while the other is a comforting, beautiful, trustworthy love, a wonderful, warm and secure relationship.( le tigre).
Your choice; I want and like both styles, but I surely see myself wearing Le tigre more often than the elephant.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I tested this one and loved it but haven't bought it, hmm there must be a reason. Maybe just a little too spicy? Individual and sexy though.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Comparing L'Elephant & Le Tigre - I like them both but I prefer the second. Elephant is strong and vibrant but the Tiger is subtle, sweeter and more delicious. I love the cinnamon element which lingers beautifully on the skin. The corresponding note in Elephant is the patchouli which lasts even longer but is a little harsh. A loud trumpet instead of a deep loving purr!

sjanira
sjanira

Kenzo Elephant was just too spicy for me. When I got this in the mail and tried it I immediately fell in love with it. A bit citrusy at the beginning but tamed because of the cinnamon. Such a nice mixture of warm cinnamon and citrus. A truly special unique perfume unlike any other I have. For all of you that have tried Kenzo Elephant and it's just a little to much for you? then give this one a chance, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It has the spiciness of jungle elephant but not the strong punch and bitterness...

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I`m soo glad i have this one!I have a big love for oriental parfumes and this is one of them!This is more a refreshing oriental not heavy spicy.It suits very good fall and maybe winter time.There is a bodylotion from the body shop who smells like this fragrance,its called spa wisdom body balm(the brown one in a jar)

Bighouse
Bighouse

Kenzo Tiger is a perfume of wonderful and contrasting excesses.

The top notes are a cry of the jungle, we can feel the deep scent of smashed leaves and roofs. Citrus notes are combined with resinous sweet and bitter notes.

The heart notes are those of cinnamon, with its proper spicy sweetness, along with flowers, what makes the scent turns into something more delicate.

What is left then is mostly vanilla leaving to the base a sweet and resinous bouquet. Some spicy wood and camphor present in the composition are softened by amber.
Kenzo Tiger is a love or hate fragrance that evokes passion or disgust. It’s perfect for cold days when we can feel its warm density. It has intense silage and will last for hours…;) Bighouse

Boggi
Boggi

I wanted so much to like Kenzo Elephant, because of the nice bottle and the wild name. But it turned out to be just to spicy for me. Yesterday I got the chance to try Kenzo Tigre. This one is exotic too, but it's more mild. To me it is a sweet, candy-like smell. Very sweet, pleasant citrus. This one is now on my wanted list.

d dolce vitta
d dolce vitta

The firs time i used this parfum all the people asked me for this. I always sayd "jungle tiger" is gorgeous, and very very original. You never will smell like the others.
The very best of kenso.

AmilkA
AmilkA

I have never been to Africa, but now I imagine, that warm summer nights there smell just like le Tigre... so cosy, so warm, so comfortable... :)

Cymbeline
Cymbeline

Punchy thanks to citrus fruits yet so mellow with its spicy base... A very curious and fluffy baby tiger to cuddle indeed !
My skin chemistry loved it sooo much !A shame this fragrance is impossible to find in France since 8 years or so...

F_A
F_A

When i think of this perfume i imagine a baby tiger: soft, lovely, warm to hold, a bit dangerous, but still gorgeaus. What i really love about this fragrance, is the warm creamy cinnamon smell it leaves on my skin:)

mudpach
mudpach

This is my best fragrance!I love it!It's a smooky,erotic parfume..:)

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

Oh my GOD...this is horrible. It smells like floor cleaner liquid. As well as Kenzo Elephant. I am so dissapointed..I love Kenzo but not with this one :(

Naamah66
Naamah66

Beautiful, sweet, cinnamon fragrance :-)

2007

Kenzo Jungle le Tigre by Kenzo 3.96 out of 5 based on 319 ratings and 49 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Jungle le Tigre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Jungle le Tigre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Jungle le Tigre by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Jungle le Tigre by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.