Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time Kenzo for women

Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time Kenzo for women
dislike

Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time Kenzo for women Pictures

Kenzo celebrates the 40th anniversary of the brand this year. Established by Japanese designer Kenzo Takada, the label has become known for its bright and colorful, ethnic inspired prints and textures, as well as its world – known perfumes. To mark this event, Kenzo launches a new pair of limited edition fragrances for the autumn season of 2010. The collection is named Once Upon A Time, and it truly radiates the oriental and ethnic style in the classic spirit of Kenzo.

Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time is an explosion of floral notes of magnolia, rose, peony and freesia, laid on the earthy base of amber, sandalwood and musk. The fragrance is packed in a colorful printed bottle of bright pink and light blue.

It is available as 100 ml EDT, limited edition. Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time was created by Christine Nagel and Benoist Lapouza.

Musk Sandalwood Amber Freesia Rose Magnolia Peony Woodsy Notes

Feminite du Bois

Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time Fragrance Reviews

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is the one of the nicest scents that Ive ever smelled. This rings true to woody and sweet to my nose. I really love this scent so much. Just a warm woody and sweet beautiful scent!!!!

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

Can barley smell it even after 2 sprays, very light!!

nowheregal
nowheregal

i tested this few times, i let two different friends of mine smell it. they both said it smells like coke. i can't say i disagree with them but i really liked it anyway :))

oona noir
oona noir

I agree with the reviewers that said this is more like a spicy oriental than floral woody musk. With the cardamom and magnolia, it reminded me just a touch of Caron Aimez-Moi, but it took me a few minutes (and a suggestion from my husband that it smelled "Chanel-ish") to figure out what it was *really* reminding me of- Chanel Egoiste. I really like this fragrance so far, although it is not groundbreaking and I will probably test it a few more times. :)

This is a rather warm and maybe spicy scent. Good for winter and autumn time. I found it yesterday in a clearance sale (has it been discontinued?) and bought it for 50% off for this winter's season. On me it stays on long and my bf likes it much too.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I found the opening fresh, floral, and a little zesty, with magnolia as the dominant note. The fragrance dried down quickly and became very spicy on me, like a very sheer note of cardamom, although I don't see cardamom listed. It must be something in the 'woodsy notes' interacting with my skin chemistry.

I would recommend it to those who like slightly spicy florals.

First off I'd just like to mention how beautiful this bottle is. The intense teal colour along with the fascinating, wallpaper designs are really eye-catching. I have a feeling this fragrance will sell well based on the bottle itself.

The fragrance is equally as fascinating to me as the bottle. It opens with a clean and powdery rose and magnolia blend, being rather refreshing and Summery.

Further through its development, Kenzo Once Upon A Time shows a slightly spicier side, making it a touch oriental. Despite the spices being present, please don't think that this fragrance is anything like YSL's Opium or CK's Obsession, they are in two different leagues. This is a pleasant, refreshing and subtle hint of spice only there to compliment the delicate floral accords.

After this initial flowery and spicy burst, the scent merges into a musky and ambery base, a little conventional, but still pleasant nonetheless. With the mass of Summer fragrances being released this time of year, it's nice to discover one, like Once Upon A Time that doesn't rely too heavily on citrus to make a refreshing statement.

Amethyste
Amethyste

At first it wasn't bad, bad after some hours it becomes just too spicy. It almost make me want to sneeze.

I tried this new Kenzo a few days ago and also got a sample so that I could wear it for a few days. On initial spray from tester I was well impressed. It's a lively floral fresh scent, then it becomes warmer and a little spicy powder. Magnolia and peony are the notes that come out more individually but honestly this is a typical Kenzo's mishmash. It smells pleasant and attractive, joyful and easy but not cheap. It's quite soft but with a vanillic plasticky edge that nearly takes it into the cloying world of scent, in spite of being a light fragrance.
It was the vanillic edge that slowly took me to point out where I already smelled that typical vibe: Kenzo!
Amour and Indian Holi above all smell like this and for the ones who remember the long gone Kashaya. They are all beautiful scents that became impossible to wear for me because of that fake vanillic note that initially conforted me than brought me to nausea and headache.
Kenzo Flower is the worst in that sense, one of the most horrid fragrances I ever smelled and unfortunately a widespread one.
Once upon a time takes that vanillic note to a lower degree, not so suffocating and less plasticky.
I could wear this one for daytime, feeling conforted and soothed. It stays close to the skin with poor sillage and lasting power is not great.
The bottle is lovely, colourful and elegant in a modern sense.

delphine67
delphine67

A very flowery scent in the beginning, I realy can smell the peony and magnolia very good.In the drydown it gets a woodsy note that I like.

a nice and warm flower scent.

Pepa
Pepa

To be honest ... I don't think this smell like anything new, nor really pleasant. It's not bad, but I would not use it on somebody's skin. It is a mix-max of anything I could have smelled before in a wrongly-balanced concentration, all Kenzo's together (which are great separetely, but not here) + some toilett spray ... unfortunately, it leaves me with the impression of smelly product that "would have liked to be a special fragrance, ... but it's not". So much for the anniversary ... it deserved MUCH better.

andrevarx
andrevarx

This EDT has a floral aroma and sweet time, too loaded. I think it works well for women 30 and older. In teens only for an evening out.

ineverwas
ineverwas

Once Upon a Time smells more like a spicy oriental than a floral woody musk. It's very powdery, aromatic, dry but also deep and mysterious.

The scent is a hybrid of Flower and Jungle L'Elephant, with a touch of Amour - it's like the synthesis of the most popular Kenzo perfumes.

I personally find it quite likeable, and if you enjoy any of the three above mentioned fragrances, there are good chances that you'll also like this one.

Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time by Kenzo 3.69 out of 5 based on 90 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Pour Femme Once Upon A Time by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.