Designers » I-K » Woody Spicy « Groups

Kenzo Power Kenzo for men

Kenzo Power Kenzo for men
dislike

I have it: 503 I had it: 194 I want it: 303 My signature: 13

Kenzo Power Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo Power Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo Power Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo Power Kenzo for men Pictures

Kenzo Power by Kenzo is woody spicy fragrance for men. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Polge. Kenzo Power feautures spicy top notes, middle notes are coriander, bergamot and cardamom; base notes are amber and woodsy notes. Available from August 20. 2008. in three sizes bottles, one of them is 750ml EDT format. Bottle creator is Japanese designer Kenya Hara.

Cardamon Bergamot Coriander

Flowers

Cedar Tolu Balsam Labdanum

Tempore Uomo

Kenzo Power Fragrance Reviews

Mihail
Mihail

Сoke+Cherry+Babypowder=Power by Kenzo. Very interesting and unusual scent, absolutely special and ambiguous. I like this abstract miracle! 100% positive)

dkny27
dkny27

For me this opens with a pop of citrus, which is why I associate this with springtime. But right on the heels of the citrus comes the deep accompaniment of peppery coriander and cardamom. It reveals notes like a theatrical play, scene 1(sharp), scene 2(spicy), scene 3(woody sweet)...
The remainder of the day/dry down I get a very smooth woody resin with a kiss of a sweet flower...
Definitely masculine but could teeter on the verge of unisex and alluringly nose catching.....

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Might be called "Flower Power." Iris, rose, neroli, and violet, with a generous shot of labdanum and a creamy-sweet amber for balance and depth. This one gets quite femme for a while, becoming a bit of a lipstick rose/violet before slipping back into a more unisex musky amber. The cardamom in the top note is fresh and gone in sixty seconds. The bergamot peeks out in the heart and continuously breathes freshness into this fragrance. If I ever happen across a full bottle I will buy it, mainly because I love when unisex labdanum-rich florals come along - which is almost never.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I once smelled this and was mind blown. Then I got it and was quite disappointed. It smells like you'd walk through a rotten forest. It smells like something died...

marcelopcr
marcelopcr

Too floral, this is more for women than for men, to be honest.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Womanly lipstick frag. Perfect for an older mom. Smooth and high quality though.

Roman86
Roman86

Kenzo Power is powerful stuff indeed. I remember wearing this one often during a trip to New York City a few years ago during the winter and it was really potent stuff. It used to be available all over the place at the discounters but now it seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. The scent itself is definitely sweet and projects rather well. I loved everything about it including the bottle. I had some good memories with this one. Definitely recommended if you can find it.

Gault
Gault

This is what Fleur du Male should have been.

edge42
edge42

Love this one! Easily one of the best florals for men. Kenzo Power is what I had hoped all the Prada fragrances would be - fresh, soapy, calming... and either cool or warm, depending on the weather. Easily the best floral soapy scent I've found so far. It's so natural and effervescent but has great longetivity and projection while never becoming cloying. Just an all around incredible fragrance.

Yes, it's a flower fragrance, but like mbasilakism said, this is a flower for men. A must TRY!

Castor
Castor

The difference with the cologne is quite significant, and the dry down is wonderful.

It behaves as a perfume rather than a EdT: very aggresive initially later calling for limited longevity and close to the skin muskiness. Compared to the EdC, this has more longevty, more sillage and is, at first smell, more complex.

It is interesting, I have the impression that Power was a flop (it is hard to find locally, and it was not so lng it has been launched) calling for the need for a flanker in order to save it from oblivion: a new armachemical produced after long R&D efforts that did not amount to much and desperately calling for a flanker that would mean recovering expenditures in R&D.

Just an idea.

Worth if for the bottle, really. Among the ones I won't throw away after runnig out if it.

Nick M
Nick M

Kenzo Power or Kenzo Flower? No way this is a men's cologne -- unisex at the very least. It's quite strong however, and definitely unique if that's your thing.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

Today i owned this. Very soft, floral and creamy. Bt i didn find it too feminine.overall very nice and for both seasons. It reminds me walking on a beach with sunset. I wish if it would have last much longer. It doesnt last long, but a very good choice. Relaxing and calm fragrance.

zeied-1984
zeied-1984

عطر جميل يستحق الإقتناء ..

Fernannda
Fernannda

Truly this scent does not seem masculine in my skin flowers notes are very intense.

oscar alvarado
oscar alvarado

la Queja mia sería, que no proyecta el olor es bueno, pero no le la razon al nombre, de energia.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Kenzo Power is an easy fragrance to disregard at first whiff. The immediate onset is fairly boring and generically pleasant, like hairspray or hand sanitizer. But it's really worth sticking around to the drydown of this fragrance.

Kenzo Power is unquestionably oriental in composition, but it is a very modern approach to the genre. This fragrance balances florals, woods, resins, and spices in perfect harmony. For the considerable density of each individual note, the scent is still amazingly minimal, and the overall composition is marvelously soft and diffused, like looking at an abstract painting through frosted glass.

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous and this fragrance is moderately priced. My only complaint is that the sillage is very soft, although I believe this was completely intentional, considering the tone of the composition. I usually prefer wearing fragrances that are louder and have a bit more charisma, so I'm not really the target audience for this scent, but Kenzo Power is still a fantastic execution of a great concept.

popescuionut100

I blind bought this one thinking it's gonna be strong,powerful,seductive and most of all manly but it's none of the above!
Lesson learned:teste before purchasing!
It's called Power but there's nothing powerful about it:it's too sweet,sticky and way too floral for a man,nothing manly about it.
I imagine this is how a call girl would smell like!
Longevity it's 2-3 hours on my skin and in this case it's a good thing.
Personally i get headaches from this perfume,I really dislike it!

pepe7111
pepe7111

TO TEADOT : Katie Puckrik to be exact .
And yes she might be brilliant ,but the most important thing that you will wear this smell after all .
as for myself read many opinions about this and that when it comes to frags but who will put the dot on the I - of course ME the wearer.:)

teadot
teadot

How does Kenzo wield POWER ?

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick." ...Theodore R. Roosevelt Jr.

Musky springtime florals sharpened gently by citrus, and sweetly spiced by cardamom...floating over a creamy soapy base -to produce a JONES CREAM SODA like effervescence on my nose. But as the above quote portends, this character speaks rather softly. Recommended ONLY for the guy with a big enough stick to wear it !

Easily unisex. A unique spring/summer spirit lifter !

(thanks Pepe7111, for correcting my spelling in my initial blurb.)

evilspin
evilspin

love this. Dont know why the fools saying its nothing special, clearly they have no nose. Or the ppl saying its so feminine. ite not! Yes its very unisex because of the citrus and the flower note which go away. it becomes woodsy and creamy with a hint of citrus. This is a very pleasing scent which is its genious because it NEVER offends anyone and many fragrances cant do that. It also is very fresh. the citrus is spicy so its not typical. the flowerreminds of iris which is the magic flower nowadays to use in fragrances which intoxicate people and keep them feeling sexy and at ease. it almost has a vanilla woodsy waxy citrus green tea feel. at times this reminds me of a concoction between dior homme and au de vert by Bvlgari. If you are a fan of those two then this is a must.

waqaskhan55
waqaskhan55

Probably the best purchase I made last year. I have to say it is not a fragrance that would appeal to most men due to its floral cords but it is not that strong on floral either. Citrussy is gone within minutes and leaves behind what I think its very well balanced, the coriander and cardamom. Both strong components play a good strong part once the florals have settled down (which don’t take long). Cords of which are used in south asian tea. It is a unusual mix in a fragrance but I think it works really well together.
I remember walking past the Kenzo section and seeing this bottle. From the face I couldn’t figure out whether it was for men or women. Even the name Power didn’t help neither. After spraying it on skin I was still lost on who this is for. It is truly unisex and yes I think women can easily use this one without any issues but I think it takes a confident man to pull this off. It is good to see that it is not liked by many guys due to its feminine floral nature so if you do want to stand out from the rest, take the risk.
The bottles shape is unusual bullet platinum container type and material is slightly annoying because you don’t actually know how much is remaining. Having said that, from my range that shows transparent juice, this bottle stands out with it’s heavy coated facade which aids its mysterious essence. Personally I find the bottle represents it’s contents.
This fragrance I find lasts longer on clothes than on skin but when it is on skin the clothes that touch that part of skin will smell of the fragrance. I gave my scarf to my girlfriend on a cold evening out and she couldn’t stop inhaling the fragrance transported from my neck to my scarf.
All in all, a great fragrance worth buying

Teresa1019
Teresa1019

this is a perfume I would buy for my boyfriend, if I have one!~

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

رایحه های کنزو ارتباط بسیار قوی ای با طبیعت دارند شاید دلیلش ژاپنی بودن دیزاینر (آقای کنزو تاکادا)باشه.کلا ارتباط با طبیعت رو شما میتونید در تمام هنرهای ژاپنی ها به شکل بسیار قوی ای ببینید اما مساله بسیار خاص در این عطر استفاده از رایحه گل هاییه که فقط در عطر های زنانه استفاده میشه.و این استفاده به نوعی زیاده رویه. طوری که نتهای کل عطر یکسان شدند و شما بعد از 10 دقیقه اول فقط و فقط بوی گل های زنانه رو احساس میکنید
امتیاز من : 4 از 10
thanks for reading

lalanast
lalanast

This smells HOT! to me. I like to wear it and I think it must be a great choice for men, of course

djgleny
djgleny

Too much powdery smelling and generic.For me its a pass.Nothing special.

frangrancejunky

I have one for Swap or sale ( sparayed once, it's 120ml), if anyone is interested.
PM me

krmarich
krmarich

I had a sample of this awhile back and had to get a bottle as its no longer offered on the website. The bottle alone is worth the price of its contents. It is not listed on the box whether this is for men.

The composition opens with green cilantro, bergamot and deep forest cardamon. The encrypted floral heart begins with saffron, rose, jasmine and I get some freesia. Iris is possibly the source of powder. Ambery labdanum, cedar and tolu balsam are held together by some coumarin. Perhaps a little incense is here too. Great perfumers never give up their secrets. It a male floriental.

It could easily be called Kenzo "powder or flower for men". The male floral is always doomed to fail. I will always buy and wear them as my poet's heart needs their depth. This is best suited for romantic moments either daydreaming, making art or love. "Its soft enough for a woman, yet made for a man." Take that Secret! LOL.

Its power is subtle yet potent and can last for a good 8 hours or more. I was wearing it once and was asked what it was and declared "Old Spice Sport". It could easily pass for high end niche. This is 21st century perfumery at its finest. To those curious, I suggest getting a bottle ASAP. Supplies are dwindling.

Update 02/8/13 I have discovered the source of Power. I noticed it lasts 24 hours or more on my clothes. I ran a shirt sprayed with it through the laundry and its still there. I assume the entire composition is synthetic yet this is almost spooky. I like it but not that much. It sort of demands that you use it as your signature and will not let you wear anything else.

Damingo
Damingo

A very rare to find due to its already being discontinued (heard & read from here and there).
Its a Very unique smelling for a dudes frag and its a light weight champion in my eyes.
Citrusy, powdery and creamy sweet.
Tried and sampled it at local department store which sell original fragrances and immediate love at 1st sniff.
Bought it and havent tried the sillage, projection and longevity yet.
Still brand new with it wrapping.
Oh yea not to mention its the most attractive bottle i ever seen, almost metal-like which actually is made of glass.

CodyHowl
CodyHowl

A flower bouquet. Dry and crisp. Very metro and modern.

I detect almost no bergamot in the top notes; the dusty florals dominate the opening here, fading with time into a warm, sugary sweet cedar and labdanum that is almost amber-like on my skin. This is the most pronounced note, and lasts for an insanely long time.

Kenzo Power definitely borders on unisex territory, but is scrumptious in the strangest way.

At first, I thought I wasn't going to like the fragrance, as the florals are almost too bold. But Kenzo Power has become one of my current favorite summer scents, and it gets better the longer it sits on the skin.

Amadeus_k

این عطر بسیار متفاوت است از رایحه های روزمره مدرن است. شروع با گشنیز و برخی از مرکبات است. ، منهای پرتقال تلخ بو,طول عمر خوب,
قطعا بوی برای همه نیست، اما برای یک مرد با اعتماد به نفس ,امتحان کنید.6/10

themattsky
themattsky

For me this is too fresh and boring. On my skin it lasts only for about 2 hours

Joe1717
Joe1717

I love this strong perfume for the night. Cedro base and coriander opening gives it a sophisticated atmosphere. Only for men, not for boys.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

This fragrance is very different from everyday modern fragrances. It starts off very loud and POWERful with coriander and some citrus dominating. It almost smells like Cartier Declaration on opening, minus the bitter orange. As it starts to settle down, the florals dominate, and I mean very floral but not in a perfumey way like a woman's fragrance necessarilly but it definitely can fly as a unisex without a doubt, much like CK BE, with more punch. It's sillage is great, strong on opening and settling down to a skin scent in an hour that just wont offend. Longevity is good too and almost has a warn out leathery/soapy kind of vibe which I like. After about an hour, it kind of reminds me of Escada Magnetism's drydown, which is hard to come by for under $100 these days. Definitely not a scent for everyone, but for a confident, refined man it is worth a try. Solid 8/10 for me.

adhieoprah
adhieoprah

The smell of flower is very rare on men's fragrance specially the successful one. Kenzo power is the successful one. I am very impress how the flower scent in this fragrance is very unique and somehow mix greatly with the musk dry down. Indeed this is not every men fragrance but a very special to me ... because the differences. I find the projection is very strong but the way down to the base note, this fragrance is really nailed it. Well done kenzo

Excellent,

hernie
hernie

Lovelovelove this edt!!! It was love at first sniff! In my skin it's divine!! Also Power Kenzo Cologne 4 summer! And the bottles are soooo sofisticated! It's a shame that both are discontinued!

Little_L
Little_L

I adore this EDT! It is great for formal events. When you are wearing a suit, fresh haircut and you want to smell like a classy man. Beautiful in every way. I do not find this particular EDT suitable for school and casual activities due to a formal accord. It's just beautiful, but there's no fun in it. Very formal.

kamalipour
kamalipour

one of the best cologne for winter. I think this is very popular. Kenzo Power seems to unisex colognes

pop270
pop270

I love this fragrance for summer day wear. It's absolutely perfect for mild summer days.

yanoe
yanoe

This is the Cheap version of Armani prive cuir amethyste.. there's some similarity especially in the top notes..

Arthurgib
Arthurgib

Tek kelime ile muhteşem kızların bu kokuya hayran kalmaması abesk olur.

DeLeathleye
DeLeathleye

I always found this to be refreshing and never overpowering. As someone who works in the hospitality Industry this one always got me attention from the girls at work as well as my female customers. My thought is it was quite woody and had good longevity.

frangrancejunky

One the beautiful scent I have smelled recently, the scent is envolepped in a sweet floral powderiness, I'm 100% with K1 who said and I quote: it doesn't lack in terms of quality from TOM FORD's private blend.

Kain
Kain

I rarely hate a fragrance but definitely this is one of them!
Start fresh, spicy and a little sweet which is pleasant but nothing special.
After about an hour the floral note comes in and say everybody get the hell out of here, this is my house!
The floral note here is very unpleasant, feminine and I can't stand it at all!!!!
I don't hate floral note in masculine fragrances but this is not masculine floral fragrance!
I hate it!
يه فاجعه در تاريخ عطر و ادكلنهاي مردانه
در ابتدا بوي شاداب مركبات و كمي تند داره به همراه كمي شيرين كه بوي بدي نيست اما خيلي هم خوشبو نيست
حدود يك ساعت بعد رايحه گلها خودشو نشون ميده و بوي همه رايحه هاي ديگه رو كور ميكنه
رايحه گلها در عطرهاي مردانه چيز جديدي نيست اما نوع گلهاي استفاده شده در اين عطر كاملا زنانه هستن و در عين حال از نوع زنانه بدبو. بوي اين عطر اصلا برام قابل تحمل نيست حتي روي پوست يك زن
تا اونجا كه ميتونين از اين عطر فاصله بگيرين مگر اينكه از عطرهاي زنانه با يه عالمه گل بدبو و تند خوشتون بياد

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

The departure point is the scent gives me NO Deja Vu feeling, that's already a lot, meaning I'm guite happy to smell whatever floral on a man, be it with powder or without, as long as it follows an innovating path. My first reaction to it was "Mmmm, sounds so-o-o original..." Quite like it, must admit. Innovation with a soul.

tomerits
tomerits

sooo kenzo, i really love this one,it works all seasons,day/night.
it is a real unisex scent(some will say a bit feminine)that settle down very good on my skin.
dry down is warm and gentle.
highly recommended,kenzo keeps on making his own style.
my rank 4.5/5.

sparkyman
sparkyman

Just picked up a bottle of this, without sampling, due to limited clearance, but sealed stock....an absolute gem of a blind buy !. The metallic flacon has solid weight to it and accentuates the quality of whats inside.

Not a single floral note in the list, but this fragrances exudes a beautifully immense floral aura, with an ever present undercurrent of resinous oriental amber that gives it it's masculine edge. The floral quality is divine, but not detailed or excessively feminine in nature - creamy smooth power abounds - 6 hours in now and it's reacting extremely favourable with my skin, generating solid waves of blissful aroma.

This one has really bowled me over - a complete surprise and one of my finest purchases - couldn't be happier !

m_e110
m_e110

عطر خوبیه بیشتر بوش زنونست کسایی که عطر سنگین دوست دارن باید برن سمتش ماندگاری پخش بو فوق العاده داره منو یاده هررا سکسی گیا گوچی راش میندازه امما من که دوستش داشتم واقعا خاص بوش

ken.z008
ken.z008

This is a spicy floriental fragrance. The Power lies behind the fact that it evokes floral whispers throughout the day without the actual flower in its content. You may not actualy see the flower but you can feel(smell) it, just like the wind, unseen but felt. It has a multitude of raw notes which become a solitary flower scent as a whole. Yes, it is powdery indeed, but that brings out a whole dimension of an imaginary white flower.

It becomes fresher as I sweat,especially in humidity. It reminds me of bright morning in singapore at dad's rooftop garden full of orchids; where his maid serves a very fragrant tea, while I sit in tatami viewing the city full of trees, the blue ocean behind it, and enjoying the fresh crisp air gently blowing on my face. To me, it has an aroma of a $10,000/100g tablet tea! Amazing and very natural. Wearable for everyone.

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
It is super stylish.
Whenever I smell this perfume, it transports me to a quiet and relaxing place.
This scent inspires the energy of the universe.
It could not have a better name ... POWER.

aspirina
aspirina

Very feminine, i smell a blast of bergamot then a very sweet..spicy ..vanillic base...i took the tester and sprayed in my wrist...wow i am a woman and i would use it with no problem.
But i like sweetness in masculine perfumes, so i guess it would be great for a man who wants to be cuddled a lot in winter :)

Roqfort
Roqfort

Not for everyone. It's really classy scent with floral notes. First sniff maybe disappointed, but after 30-40 minutes Kenzo Power showing it's class. Lasts almost whole day, projection - great. Only for brave.
Overall - 4/5

Psyquart
Psyquart

Mmm. It's not terribly original or unique, but still smells really amazing. Seems very unisex, though, I was tempted to buy this myself.

popescuionut100

I got this fragrance as a gift and i just hate it,seriously it hurts my head when i smell it,makes me feel dizzy.I rarely get this when smelling a scent
I don't get why they called it POWER...it's a soft,warm,feminine scent,good to wear on a chilly night but there's nothing powerful about it or special.

KasiaS
KasiaS

Please if you can put the ad video here, because it's the one of most beautiful I have ever seen! And it shows perfectly what this fragrance is - fragile, poetic, pure and sexy! I love the idea of floral perfume for gents, and I think there should be much more of them - especially given the popularity of Power among men (what a pun..;) ) I guess it shows there is a craving for more subtle fragrances for the male population.
This is absolutely lovely floral and powdery scent, powdery in a clean way. I think the middle notes are rose, jasmin and freesia, although not listed here.
The only thing I don't get is the name - it has put me off for so long, expecting something typically "a-man" and brutal (the bottle contributed,too, it is nice but milky glass would fit much more than the assertive metal)... And it's exactly the contrary - like those fabulous pretty and subtle guys who don't need to spank anybody to make girls crazy.

hamze
hamze

i think it's the best fragrance created by kenzo
longevity 10/10
sillage 9/10
scent 10/10

rick.jansen
rick.jansen

My association is: tea. Could be the bergamot, as that's the perfume in Earl Grey tea. A scent with a difference. Nice!

Akahina
Akahina

My non-expert review of this is that I agree with most of the positive reviews here. Projection is good without being too much and the aroma is amazing, perhaps unisex, which is sort of what I want. Somewhat flowery and one that I got complements on. ("You smell amazing...what is that?") This lasted through an 8 hour shift at work so the staying power was good. But, as it dries down I get a powdery smell which knocks this out of contention for my favorite scent. I don't like powdery! Too bad, because even with the hint of powder, I still like this quite a bit.

Hilaire
Hilaire

I bought this yesterday after a couple of hours sniffing of the test patch on my skin, and I'm sooooooooooooo glad I did. It's gorgeous, it starts off like Sarsaparilla or Cola with a heavy earthy licorice-ish undertone, and develops into something intense and clay-like. There's floral hints, rose carnation, but overall this is essentially Feminité du Bois; Masculinité du Bois if you like. Power also reminds me very strongly of Armani Privé Cuir Amethyste

The amber base note is delicious and not overpowering or hippy.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@miletto,why not try the cologne version of this scent.very flowery.not too common but you surely can get it if you try hard

UPDATE
If you really looking for sillage,projection and all then give Fleur du Male a chance.Depending on your skin this might last but it's a soft come-closer kind of smell.that's why I prefer it.just dont like screaming for attention with my colognes.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

well, i bought this one for myself. this is delicate and noble. longevity is amazing. flowery but not banal. i dont mind this is for men. i'm willing to grow a beard for this scent.

TheBuyer
TheBuyer

@miletto:

If you REALLY like sweet and flower notes you can blind buy it, yes. It´s floral and sweet. But it´s light. If you´re looking for something really sweet and really flowery go to Fleur du Male.

persefonex
persefonex

Is a very young and clean fragrance. I bought for my father last year and I think that smells like a good man should have to smell. Is perfect for spring and summer. If I would feel this scent in a man, I trust him inmediately.

abi_ebi_abed
abi_ebi_abed

I bought it last night
very powerful scent
it is last long on my skin about 12 hours
I can smell the flower that drew on its bottle.
it seems unisex fragrance
I love it
Special notes.

I really admire Kenzo Power's subtlety. It's not what I expected, but in terms of a masculine fragrance that is both clean, creamy and somewhat dusty, Kenzo Power is impressive.

This fragrance could easily be unisex with its soft floral accords and powderiness. I detect what appears to be earthy iris and soapy freesia on a light, woodsy base. I'm quite attracted to the scent, even though it's not what I'd define as sexy.

I'm not sure how men perceive Kenzo Power. I get the feeling that they'd find it a little too feminine at times. For the sake of it being clean and refreshing it's very likable, however in regards to men that like the powerful, manly stuff, this probably wouldn't be their first choice.

The composition is not all that mind-blowing, yet I wouldn't call it boring. I like Kenzo Power but I'm not sure why. I think it would be nice to see how it wears on a man, but then again it wouldn't suit just anyone.

The longevity is rather good, but like you have probably gathered from this review and many others, the sillage is quite intimate and soft. I think this could work well all year round, in any season. I'll agree with Papi, this fragrance does have "balls". It won't appeal to everyone but Kenzo Power is likely to be treasured by those that do fall in love with it.

Rob Frost
Rob Frost

I've just bought a bottle (which is nice; even the packaging looks noble with the embossed writing).

The one thing that, to my nose, dominates this fragrance is the smell of a very fatty face cream. When I tried it in the perfumery, I thought I'd like this fragrance enough to give it a try (it seemed fresh and fruity which, in fact, it isn't – either I smelled something different that lingered in the air or it smells different on paper), but turns out I don't. In fact, after having sprayed it twice on the back of my hand two hours ago, it bothers me enough that I want to wash it off. There's something in it that puts me off and it seems to be that fatty undertone.

I neither find it to smell woody nor masculine and only remotely spicy, but slightly flowery and heavily powdery/creamy. I get nothing of the citrus/cinnamon opening described by someone below, but I do get the mentioned lip balm. Bummer, this one has to go.

Does have sillage and is quite long lasting.

Update:

An update to this review might be in order. I haven't smelled Power again, but I've just blind bought Bleu de Chanel and experienced something really strange. After unpacking the bottle of Bleu, I applied one spray onto my arm and was very disappointed with the smell: I found it to be thick, cloying, too sweet and I couldn't imagine to ever wear this scent. I couldn't understand why people would describe it as a sporty scent.

Then, in the evening, I applied it again and, oh wonder, smelled something completely different! I loved it and I could now understand why it's considered sporty.

What was it that I had smelled a few hours earlier? I have no idea! The only explanation that I could think of is that there was something in the tube of the atomizer that wasn't Bleu de Chanel (although the tube seemed to be more or less empty, as I had to pump twice). Maybe the juice needed to be shaken a little (although one would tend to think that a perfume is perfectly homogenized and stays that way no matter how long it is stored)? It's a mystery to me.

I'm telling you this because I think that it might be possible that I experienced something similar with Power. I liked it enough in the store to buy a bottle. Then, at home, I was convinced after the first spray that I would never want to wear it and so I never re-applied it. After my Bleu experience, I can no longer be entirely sure that my opinion of Power wouldn't have changed, too.

I didn't like Burberry London, either, after I used my freshly bought bottle for the first time, although I had liked it before in the store. A few days later, I liked ot a lot.

Maybe I'll ask in the forum if others, too, have experienced this phenomenon.

Papi
Papi

Love this one...

Summer fragrance with "balls".

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Starts off powdery, floral, sweet, i wasnt fussed at first.
After an hour, yummy :-) It's not masculine, it's not actually empowering either, but it's a very nice, sweet floral that I would relate to, say, Armani Code? or One million to a more floral extent.
I will definitely wear this to friends' houses, and if strong enough, to parties.

Ok I'm wearing this today and it's a bit hard to wear, it's slightly overpowering and very sour-apple which, if I compare it to other sour-fruit fragrances, is not actually bad, I'm jut not used to it. A very interesting wear, although I prefer to take it in samples rather than buy a full bottle as I would feel forced to use it.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

For me Kenzo Power is a trully male fragrance based on rose.
I can feel rose flowers and leaves, with something green. I know, there's no rose between the notes, but I found similarities with Paul Smith Rose which my girlfriend has.
Longevity is great. I can remember when I felt Kenzo Power on a shirt after one week! Sillage is good too, so the name "Power" was not used wrong here.
The bootle is very cool and it looks like a sake bottle.
Kenzo Power is a great fragrance for romantic nights, when a girl wants a gentleman guy with her.
My final rating: 8.5/10.

maab
maab

An unusual, enigmatic and very original scent. I love it!

kifli
kifli

just bought it last week. smell like floral + powder (feminine) at first spray. after awhile it has its own signature masculine smell. bought another botle as a present fpr my friend on his birthday and he do like the smell too..

citizen912
citizen912

This one is perfect as a gift for a lady who loves spicy, woodsy scents with a lot of smooth Amber and woodsy notes after the initial citrus/cinnamon blast cools. My girlfriend was initially a little put off by the slight undertone of Star Anise that she thought she could smell. Personally I find it a very sensual scent that lingers and begs for a closer sniff.

It works well as an occasional should I forget to take some of my own scents when I visit. For me this one is worth every penny of the £60 retail price here in the UK but it is currently available a whole lot cheaper in 125ml version.

A beautifully simple bottle that is the epitome of the subtle strength that power brings. There's no need to shout if you have the gravitas required to wear something like this, the message will always come through loud and clear.

mbasilakism
mbasilakism

A flower for men.
A fragrance true to Kenzo.
A new fragrance for men, simple and striking.
Sensitive and masculine.
A fragrance of opposites, the essence of Kenzo.
Kenzopower.
The power of a flower.
A wild, lively, poetic tulip, pencil led in black.
Weaving its way through the letters of Kenzo and Power,
to insuff late its sensitive strength.
A flower with its own mind.

Mirrored metal.
Simple curves.
Pure lines, a call to silence.
Originally a sake bottle, created by Kenya Hara for Masuichi Ichimura,
It became a fragrance flask, signed.
Right at the base, to allow “empty space” to take its place.
A very Japanese approach. Refinement, obvious strength without ostentation.
Kenya Hara lives in Tokyo. A gentleman of de sign,
addict to empty space and precentor of perfection.

A lover of paper, too.
Kenya Hara speaks of his soul, the life of paper, its feel.
The Kenzopower box is white and full of space.
In soft, textured paper. A slightly trapeze shape. Ever so slightly.
Several indications are engraved, like imprints.
The name, the flower, several other words. Plus a hint of purple.

The fragrance.
An imaginary flower, woody amber.
Created by Olivier Polge.
With the smile and the unique way of one who knows exactly what he wants.
Not a flower in particular, but several. Abstract florality.
It is not a rose. Nor a jasmine, or a f eesia . But a sensation.
At first, a blend of spices and zest, with a fresh, invigorating impact.
At last, woody and amber notes, enveloping and manly.
Bergamot, coriander, cardamom, an abstract floral heart,
tolu balm, cedar wood and labdanum. Noble ingredients.

Dcarlo
Dcarlo

Kenzo Power was like one of those strange romances that sometimes we might find in life.
The first day I smelled it I hated the smell, it was like smelling my grannys perfume, not a bad thing at all, but for I thought it was a ladys perfume. However a couple of minutes later it changed into the most wonderful floral woody and fresh scent I have ever smelled.
I must admit that Power could be used either for a woman or a man, but it doesnt bother me, I know who I am and sometimes perfumes are a very special thing that change a lot from one skin to another.
I can even wear it in a hot and humid day and it always smell great. Get lots of compliments everytime I use it.
You must be very open minded when it comes to unusual male scents in order to feel comfortable wearing Kenzo Power, but once you like it, you will always love it.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

I just got it as christmas gift from my boyfriend. I really like this, it very soft, but still gentle for gently gentleman, heheheh ;D Finally i got this since 3 months ago when i go to the store, i got this for test, n i really want to buy it, i can't believe i got it from my boyfriend, thank you honey :D

Kenzo is a house that I have just recently started to check out, and in general: I really like almost all of what I have tried. Power is different from anything else I have smelled, and I applaud anything that goes against the norm...

This begins with a nice smooth warm mix of powdery spices. I am trying this in the middle of Winter, and it seems a good choice for cold days; despite the fact it has some citrus. It does not come off too sharp or like a spice cupboard, more like a spicy sachet or nice chai. Bergamot keeps it clean and the corriander and cardamom add some smooth and dry floral spiciness. There is something vaguely fruity here (mirabelles?), and also something creamy. Another website mentions: tolu balsam, cedar and labdanum...but I get only a light woodiness and a very slight sweet resinousness, but it is not overly oriental. No actual flowers are listed, although corriander blossoms are called davana in some regions. I get nothing even remotely like "lipstick" here, (maybe a high quality organic lip balm, but that is really oversimplifying!) and find this to be no more feminine than any of the other "refined" men's scents on the market. As far as the question: How "should" a man smell? Well,however he wants, as long as he smells good and this does! Olivier Polge has done a very good job here, and this is a very nice counterpart to Flower, and a bit softer than Dior Homme. The flacon is stunning and a piece of art!

Sillage: okay
Longevity: good
Overall: 3.5/5

This does go well on a woman's skin too! My mom applied some from my sample, and it was bright and more citrusy on her; where it was a bit creamier, and slightly spicier on me. All in all, a really nice fragrance...worth having and wearing for the fragrance and the bottle is worth saving, even if it is empty! Perfect for fall or winter, but also would be a nice spring scent for evenings. I do not think it would do as well in summer.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

Imagine this: Place freshly cut lemons, 1 cup of baby powder, 1 TBP of salt, and a dash sugar in a bowl. Mix, mix, mix then take a whiff. Not really my cup of tea although there are occasions when I can use this.

If someone sprayed this on me without telling me what it was, I would immediately tell it's a perfume made for a woman; it is packaged as a men's cologne, but it is floral and spicy in a distinctly feminine way. It actually reminded me of a classy old woman, her face dabbled in make up, dancing tango at a ballroom party. Unless you are a man who is adventurous enough to portray that kind of image, I suggest you avoid this scent. It is unique, true. It stays quite long and projects well. But you have to have a certain boldness in order to pull off this scent on you. And I don't think I have it.

Top: Citrus-flavored gummi bears. Yummy!
Heart: I agree about the woody-floral lipstick-like smell.
Base: Sweet powdery amber

P.S. The bottle is cool, though. It's just that I expected a completely different scent when the word "Power" comes to mind.

diorshowman
diorshowman

Kenzo Power, like Dior Homme(perfumer Oliver Polge), is attempting to create masculine fragrances that challenge the norm of what a men should smell like. If Kenzo Power and Dior Homme smelled like another Aqua di Gio or another Gucci Envy, you know that fresh or green or ozonic scent, then teh complaint would be Kenzo Power and Dior Homme smelled like, well...fresh or green or ozonic. But yet, when both Kenzo Power and Dior Homme sway from the norm, the complaint is that it's not what a man is suppose to smell like. It seems to me that when Oliver Polge created both Kenzo Power and Dior Homme, he set out to challenge the notion of:What IS a man suppose to smell like. Does a man have to smell fresh, green, ozonic? or can a man also smell feminine? It seems to me that Oliver Polge interprets the new masculinity as femininity, where a REAL MAN is not afraid of anything, and especially not smelling like a girl. Those men who wear Kenzo Power and Dior Homme are confident enough in themselves as men, that they don't need anyone else to tell them that they are men.

Longevity:B-
Projection:B
Uniqueness:A
Versatility:B+
OVERALL: A

adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in
adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in

just got it...not a week has got over still...got it bcoz of d bottle...what a gorgeous bottle it is...simple still elegant....

Now the real part...d juice inside it...first of all let me make it clear I got it without trying it....afterall it's from Kenzo, d house which has made gr8 perfumes lyk L'EAU PAR KENZO POUR HOMME...but gosh POWER...what an awful thing is it...d 1st tym I sprayed I started thinking of cough syrups...sharp...dry down is powdery...too sweet for my taste....really disappointing!!!

Endymion
Endymion

I own a 60ml bottle of KenzoPower. The fragrance is unconventional IMO, more green than floral for me. As many have already mentioned it, Power is a very feminine fragance (lipstick-y a bit). To be honest, I think it's too feminine to be a male fragrance...
The bottle is very eye-catching and of high quality, but the juice doesn't fit the name. 'Power' suggests something very different to what the bottle holds. Not to say, I like the fragrance because it's unusal and very nice - I don't wear female fragrances. However, I rarely use it, because it doesn't give the feeling of confidence...
I think if worn by the wrong person Power smells too (feminine) gay, and I don't consider myself masculine enough not to fear of being thought wearing a female fragrance :)
I suggest you to buy a bottle at least if you like this scent, because I'm afraid Power will not be among us for long time (as neither do Jungle, Air, Tokyo).

NB. Thinking of what might be better to the concept - KenzoPower is the male counterpart of KenzoFlower -, a strong and masculine rose fragrance came into my mind: Iquitos by Alain Delon. Kenzo should have update that discontinued masterpiece to be modern male floral.

sasadeen
sasadeen

It opens with the spicy notes, then the middle notes it becomes sweeter like powdery floral and the base notes I smell a hint of woody. It's a fragrance that can be used by both men and women and perfect for summer.

Manya
Manya

On the paper blotter all I could smell was a nice, big glass full of fizzy chilled coca-cola! It is very very unusual, and I agree- it might be lighter than most "manly" scents, but it would be perfect as a summer fragrance!

Ummm... I am never a fan of a powdery or smoky fragrance. Kenzo Power is just that plus it has a floral woody quality in the mix. The (somewhat feminine) floral note is the key and really takes control over the mild spices and woody musk. It has a really good quality smell here and it also has a serious lasting power. Kenzo Power isn't a fragrance that I can wear often, but it's nice addition to my collection because it's different from many men's fragrances out there. One thing I must say, be sure to carry a pack full of confidence when wearing this one, because it's strong and will give a wearer a presence. You will be noticed.

Lance
Lance

Just love the bottle, looks stunning! :)
The scent is still has something signature from Kenzo house! Spicy and flowery! It's a little bit feminine for a guy to wear!

Plantus
Plantus

My first impression its that are some resemblance between Power and Versace The Dreamer. Power don't have the same strong projection, but have a much more natural opening, and a pleasing drydown. I detect a cinnamon note, wich its very well made I'd say.

In my opinion, its a fragrance very suitable for any season, day or night, office or even for clubbing. Great signature scent! I love it and I hope to buy it ASAP.

juanma
juanma

AMO ESTA FRAGANCIA, DESDE LA PRIMERA VEZ QUE LA PROBE, ES UNA DE MIS FAVORITAS Y ME GUSTARIA TENERLA. HUELE MASCULINA PERO NO AGRESIVA, MAS BIEN SUTIL Y DELICADA INCLUSO PODRIA USARLA UNA MUJER (NO ESTOY DICIENDO QUE SEA FEMENINA , NI SIQUIERA UNISEX), SOLO QUE TIENE NOTAS QUE LA HACEN UN TANTO AMBIGUA. HUELE FRESCA, LIMPIA Y MUY...ZEN DIGAMOS. LA RECOMIENDO ABSOLUTAMENTE.

mal23
mal23

A little to floral smelling for my liking. The drydown is nice with the woodsy notes, which I am a fan of, but this fragrance does not make me say "I Want This". I would give it a 6.5/10.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Fantastic bottle - such clean, powerful lines!

The scent inside is clean & white - a simple, subtle scent of stripping bergamot, calming cardamom, floral lifts & smooth powdery woods.

Definitely masculine, but very wearable by women...one to steal from your lover. A Kenzo through & through.

bwcw81
bwcw81

The reason it's called Kenzo Power, I think is probably the beginning note is very powerful! It smell like the pesticide aerosol spray!, my friend even said it remind her the nail polisher! But after few minutes, it become pretty feminine and flowery smell, the dry down is plain musky smell... Well, it appear to be too feminine for guys.

Mentirosa
Mentirosa

I know this is supposed to be a masculine scent but... it just smells very feminine.
I think I'll wear it when it in the spring.

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I love this smell - yet another woody oriental floral mix but with a difference . Very refined and has staying power - definate thums up from me - this juice is lovely

bronstein
bronstein

I loved it from the start, but only almost. It's very sweet, and it develops over time.

guest_MrsMarTay
guest_MrsMarTay

Bought this for the entire family to wear when we travel. Bottle won't break and all of us can wear it. Husband, son and me. Fresh smelling, not obtrusive. Can wear it all year, but lends itself to warmer weather.

zepiroth_kreationz
zepiroth_kreationz

smells powdery but in a pleasant way... and it is almost a unisex fragrance for its floral notes on the first few minutes on my skin. i like the woody spicy drydown though. lasts long on me.. sillage is great! awesome bottle too!

Aalia
Aalia

Lively, natural, unique, and androgynous. The perfume has great balance of zing, earthen tones, artistry, and style. Did I mention quality in craftsmanship too? The spicy top is beautiful and energizing and gives way to a gorgeous field of flowers. The dry down is "powdery" and much more effeminate than the rest of the perfume! This may be a Kenzo mark, as I noticed an almost identical dry down in Kenzo Flower. Back to the beginning, the perfume comes out oily, but that's a sign that this perfume really sticks to skin and lasts for many hours.

VanAllan
VanAllan

I'm not sure how to approach this one: fresh and mild flowery/spicy in the first half hour (bergamot, cardamom), drydown to a floral and also powdery sweet smell (amber, coriander and ?), but somehow creamy and feminine, very ambery-resiny smell after 3 hrs, reminds me a lot of a softer version of GucciPH II, stays like that even after 6 hrs, an unisex flowery fragrance at first and an oriental/woody in the end, too strange for me, but nice sillage and longevity, 6.9/10. ☣☣

acc
acc

Kenzo describes this one as 'an imaginary flower'. Hmmmm...
Then adds 'Not a flower in particular, but several.
Abstract florality. It is not a rose.
Nor a jasmine, or a freesia. But a sensation.' Hmmmm...
Well i can detect lily and rose initially. Then i really cannot tell what flower i smell. It is sort of confusing...

This is a very floral scent. After all those floral for men attempts, i was hoping to find a floral for men which is actually wearable by men. But i started to think that it is an extremely hard task since no designer has accomplished that for me.

The initial spray is 100% floral and feminine, the drydown is woody floral and still feminine. I really can not feel the masculine soul of the fragrance.

I would recommend this to females...

I used to think this is a unisex fragrance,but when I received a sample,I realized it's written that it's a fragrance for men.
by the way,this is obviously a KENZO perfume.in fact it has something in common with kenzo l'eau par,both female and male perfumes.it has the same mild and soft smelling and freshness without being over powered like most of the colognes that you find in the stores.
the top notes smell to me like pure lime mixed with bergamot.it's very fruity and juicy and of course perfect for summer.cardamon is well mixed and makes it smell a bit like BLV pour hoome.
also,just imagine gucci pour home II,now make it milder and fresher,less bitter.now you have kenzo power.
though my nose is so sensitive to powerful colognes,I dare to wear it myself!
smelling this perfume for men is just having an iced lemonade with a handsome cool guy,as a casual date and enjoying the moment!

vdxl
vdxl

A very nice white floral plus vanilla for men. Innovative, simple and chic. It would suit a man who is both strong and very soulful.

asfa
asfa

remind me perfumes for old ladies,i take i yeastardy and no happy,the only happy its my wife becose its femine perfume not man perfume

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

I tested it today. The top notes smell like soda. The whole thing seems to have the wrong name. Instead of Kenzo Power, it should be called Kenzo Powder.

As mentioned before, more suitable for women.

yushi
yushi

I have it for 2 months already. It really smells unique. But you won't get compliment! It's not so sexy and it's a bit unisex..
If you want to test it, wait for 5 minutes after applying it cause it will smell different. I like it anyway!
by the way don't test it on a paper!

urobian
urobian

Unique and really special, wonderful floral base mixed with a sexy ambar touch, kenzo make a wonderful organic fragance with an singular vision of what power is in other way to think it.

intimate, addictive, soft and a mistery inside the bottle.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

A really cute scent! Wonderful and artistic bottle design. And Kenzo has its own unique perfume. When you see the bottle, you really want to touch it. When you touch it, you really want to try it. When you try it, at the first sniff, just like you taste a brand new kind of wine. Like the first time you taste sake while you drink champagne or red wine white wine or spirit all the times. Somethings brightens up in your mind. And you really love it, right at the first sniff. And so on, the Power has such a good longervity, not light, but not so heavy, will make your day so fresh, lovely, self-confident, and unforgetable. I love the name, Power, and really feel Power when wearing it. Power from the inside... I love it!

karolwf
karolwf

I was not sure if this was a woman's or a man's fragrance. The top note is very floral and I can see this could be a unisexual cologne. I do not think that it would be a favorite of the younger man or woman as it is a bit heavy making it more clasical. I could imagine a man in his 30's and a mature woman in her 40s finding this fragrance acceptable. It does have a long lasting scent which could be classified as powerful but I do not get what the word power was meant by the designer.

Marianne
Marianne

I would say, it's a very masculine fragrance but I didn't get the top note which could possibly be feminine. I was so happy to see that Kenzo introduced a new scent - like all of them, it's extremely well done. Women have to love it (on men rather than on themselves)! The bottle and the name are nice ideas, but the fragrance doesn't smell like "power" to me...it's balanced and not too recognizable. But it's suitable for almost every occasion. I would call it a "classic" (although it's such a new fragrance!).

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

This is such a sexy fragrance. I couldn't resist spraying it on myself at every other perfume store when I was in Los Angeles last week.

Finally gave in and purchased a bottle at duty free.

Definately my new signature scent mmm

gigimarketing
gigimarketing

For me the best fragrance of the year...I'm totally in love with it...more than on 1 million:-)

I love the fact that this on eis 3 perfume in one! It changes so many time, with every sniff you can feel different notes.

At the beginning it is very soft, it seems a bit femminine, with this floral bouquet where I think there is heliotrope or violet.
The a very intense spicy aromatic part come out, it seems like the power of the masculinity. Cardamom, coriander and a citrus note of bergamot let this magica happen.
At the end you can feel all the warm and sweet of the oriental accord: amber, labdanum, white musk and cedar wood.

It is a great perfume and it last for so long and it is so different and recongnizable.
I really want it!!

Atlantean
Atlantean

Received this as a gift.

When first put on you smell like a bouquet, or a young girl's perfume. Wait a few minutes, and it will change into a stronger spicier perfume of an elderly lady. Only the next morning did I think it smelled nice when I guess only the base notes lingered.
One other tip if you do spray it on do it in a room you can leave for the next hour or so because it gave me a headache. (Note that I pretty much can't be in perfume shops for very long for the same reason so this could be very personal.)

F_A
F_A

I would call it an extremely unisex fragrance - I find top notes very feminine and the base very masculine. Top notes are soft, sweet, floral and creamy, and the base is spicy and woodsy.

piotrek
piotrek

it's my favourite fragrance, on my skin first it smells lovely, bergamot, then spicy, and slowly becomes into woody notes. It's perfect for fall, and winter days, it gives me a feeling of warmness, and POWER for all day.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I tried this in a Dept Store today. To me I can only describe the fragrance as creamy and powder smell. I mean it not unpleasant, I was expecting something totally different considering the name POWER. It a very subtle fragrance although it is quite long wearing and I think it is suitable for both men and women.

vertigo
vertigo

I'm afraid this is a perfect example of an excess of form over the substance. The bottle and the box just amazed me, but the scent inside isn't very interesting. It's really nice, but conventional.

Kenzo Power by Kenzo 4.01 out of 5 based on 605 ratings and 114 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Power fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Power, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Power by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Power by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.