Designers » I-K » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Kenzo Power Cologne Kenzo for men

Kenzo Power Cologne Kenzo for men
dislike

Kenzo Power Cologne Kenzo for men Pictures

Kenzo Power Cologne is a citrus aromatic fragrance from 2009 which introduces fresher notes than last year's edition Kenzo Power. The fragrance was created by Olivier Polge of such aromas as bergamot, lemon, verbena, cedar, vetiver and tolu balm. The fragrance arrives as 60 and 120 ml, in a transparent flacon shaped just like the last year's edition.

Bergamot Lemon Verbena Cardamon

Geranium Black Pepper Coriander

Tolu Balsam Virginia Cedar vetyver

Kenzo Power

Kenzo Power Cologne Fragrance Reviews

Castor
Castor

It is kind of funny how I cam to like Power. I did not like it as soon as it was launched, it felt shrieckish, lowd, powdery and musty. And you could smell it everywhere - I imagined it being the object of a very aggresive sales campaign, so every one looking for a designer's cologne would be offered this.

One of my students arrived to my class with samples, among them of Power's body and hair gel. It felt amazing, it did not share any of the before mentioned attributes. Yes, it was a feminine, I guess because it was a blend that revolved around flowers, something that is wrong for the only one listed is geranium...

Well, since I like to compare real ones with their knock offs, I tried a well distributed mass market cheap version of Power and found it even better than the original: it has a twist, almost a wink, to classic fougeres, namely what can be called the Canoé - Pinaud template. And still more interesting, I found a similar good quality one for women by a local designer (that, almost immediately, came to be purchased for my Mother as a birthday present) that can be easily be pulled off by men if into Kenzo's now discontinued or undistributed one (november 2013).

After consultations made to experts, the suggestion was to buy the Cologne: it seems it projects better and has better longevity than the original. I also bought two bottles of the knock offs, of which one is being used quite fastly. What is the difference with Power Cologne? Knock offs feel more powdery, someone said to me that it smelt like baby talcum powder or baby soap, so I guess this makes a perfect masculine for those with a fad for traditional styles. As to the original one, this baby talcum powder note is not so marked but, interesting enough, many describe it as manly - check out the many mentions on the gender it is being imagined to be for, there is a consensus on its feminity. Add to compliments given by a perfume blogger specialsed in niche houses. I thoroughly enjoyed her face when told it was a Power knock off. Of course I reserve the use of cologne for social occasions, not formal ones that is. It has the same vibe, more complexity (the quality shows to the wearer's nose), but the feeling is the same, very enjoyable.

One more word of caution: I smelt Power on women. Actually, Power on steroids. It was not Kenzo's, rather Acqua Di Gioia by Giorgio Armani. So if you confirm it has been discontinued and you really love it, you can get that one. Not my case: I really like it, but I'd rather move on as soon as this gets ran by small history.

Just to wrap it up, I bought the original Power for a reason: the bottle, I find it awesome.

Yes, fumeheads do this.

Molko
Molko

I don't feel major difference this and the original Power, I like both, for me unisex, unique and special juice, first sniff smells like ice tea (maybe cause of the tolu balsam) with verbena, not only for summer, u can wear all year. It can be turn signature easily, fortunately not a trendy scent and don't feel it every corner, so I'll buy for myself:)
update: finally this cool scent is mine, although I'm not satisfied with the projection:( I became a fan of Kenzo's fragrances, but it's annoying this typical poor sillage of Kenzo...
Some words about the bottle; it's very minimal, good looking and clear-out shape, it suits to the smell:)

Joe1717
Joe1717

For daily use, is one of my usual fragrances. More simple than power perfume, I love its citric opening, green heart and oriental base. I strongly recommend it.

scenturian
scenturian

Here nothing citrus nor aromatic.
This is very floral scent.
Somehow different than the original, less powdery.
I actually quite liked it at first try.
Longevity is good.
I haven't tested enough for writing something about the projection.
Also quite unisex, women can wear this easily.
It is not weak for a cologne, projects and lasts as if Edt.

nisan
nisan

can i have a piece of advice - i want to buy it blind cuz there's nowhere to test - i like the original power but defo too floral for me - now, i just wonder if this one isn't too citrusy? cuz i wouldn't like that either. somewhere in the middle of those two would suit me fine. anyone?

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Aromatic fresh crisp citrsuy start, opening is very appealing and nice.
After 5 min , it turn to a overdose iris fragrance with a milky vibe.
I dont like it at all.
My advice is do not test it on paper.
Longevity and projection are average.

Congeniality
Congeniality

I love it. It is one of masterpieces. It is so different from other men fragrances which I know. I love citrusy/cedar/vetiver/balmy notes but I also could smell cardamom, geranium, lavender, pepper and coriander as well. I could name this fragrance as very spicy in a good, balmy, powdery way.

hamze
hamze

happiness is like kenzo power : you can't give it away without getting a little on yourself.

arrogante
arrogante

I hated the original EdT for that "old-woman" smell, and found a glimmer of hope on Power Cologne. But when I finally sampled it - oh my, was I wrong!

It is fresher, yes. But not entirely different. This is the Original Power stripped off of all its creamy sweetness - KPC is a bare, dry, pungent floral. Maybe it's a skin chemistry thing, but it really smelled like stale flowers on me until the end; no zesty citrus at all! Even the candy-like citrus I found in the opening of the original was gone. And I also detected a body-odor note lingering somewhere...

Uhh. It seems I'll be stuck with Issey for quite longer than I expected...

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This is quite a rare scent which is very hard to find which is shame since it is absolutely wonderful. It is fresh but not aquatic, rather more citrus teamed with vetiver. It lasts for a long time and is actually quite traditional in its structure. I love this and the original power.

Sektor_nl
Sektor_nl

Power Cologne has quite some resemblence with YSL L'homme - with its topnotes featuring bergamot and amalfi lemon - but is fresher, more floral and a little greener, whereas YSL is warmer, a little spicier and "creamier".
It surprises me that Power Cologne is so little popular compared to L'Homme!

Overall Power Cologne is a nice - but not really remarkable - and refreshing cologne, which is perfect for warmer days.

batabidd
batabidd

"Power Cologne" starts very fresh and zesty with hints of lemon, a gorgeous flowery verbena, radiances of dewy freesia and cardamom but the tolu note shows up quickly.
The verbena note in here is just sublime, hand by hand with the subtle freesia; soft floral notes in balance with "dewy candy lemony" undertones. The cardamom comes along as the necessary spiciness on the pyramid.

The heart arrives rapidly with a brand new geranium touch which is less metallic than usual, more green and floral at the same time and leans towards to a lavender note in a vintage, clasic way.
Pepper and coriander are in the background, subtle, while the geranium and the tolu blam melt together in a refined spicy and floral character.

The drydown is a mix of soft cedar, vetiver and tolu.

"Kenzo Power cologne" is a lovely version of its predecesor, a refined modern cologne, definitively more green and fresher with a different masculine floral notes than the ambery last version.
It's also brighter and clean and definitively It will be more versatile and easy to wear for much more men.

The longevity is fantastic for a cologne as still detectable after 5 hours of apply.
The projection is bigger than the original, but, also, tends to be close to skin after 3-4 hours.

guest_kenzomystique
guest_kenzomystique

Didn´t like the edt-version but this one makes me feel good. Not so feminine anymore. I was testing it with CK Free and Kenzo was much better!

urobian
urobian

i dont think the original is light; in this version, power is more aromatic, less powdery and finally versatile and easy to wear in any moment- The floral angle is lovely in relation to the ambar line.. nice, comfortable and easy to enjoy but i prefer the original enigma in power.

Kenzo Power Cologne by Kenzo 4.11 out of 5 based on 94 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Power Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Power Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Power Cologne by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Power Cologne by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.