Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Kenzo Vintage Edition Kenzo for women and men

Kenzo Vintage Edition Kenzo for women and men
dislike

Kenzo Vintage Edition Kenzo for women and men Pictures Kenzo Vintage Edition Kenzo for women and men Pictures

Kenzo Vintage Edition by Kenzo is oriental woody fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Annick Menardo. Top notes: mandarin orange; middle notes: cedar; base notes are tonka bean, musk, vanilla and heliotrope. Kenzo Vintage Edition was launched in 2008.

Mandarin Orange

Cedar

Tonka Bean Musk Vanilla Heliotrope

Time For Peace
Blue Musk

Kenzo Vintage Edition Fragrance Reviews

IslandRadio
IslandRadio

This perfume is like a second-skin. A bit of a putty smell, ever-so-slightly sweet and musky to my nose. This is the one no one will really know you're wearing, it's just you-- a little more intense.

Lovely and complex, yet somehow very straightforward. If you're looking for something very human-like, do not question. Just buy it.

I tried it in Ulta and couldn't stop thinking about it. Weeks later, I actually stopped by the store to spray myself before a date because I couldn't afford to buy it. I eventually did buy it and it is now my signature. Hard to find now, by the way, but sometimes the Perfumania-type stores in malls carry it for a bargain ($35-45.) Try there before ordering online.

mimilli
mimilli

This dear sweetheart is my comfort scent, at least during warmer seasons. It's happy and joyous. Musk feels sometimes bit too loud; it depends on day if I like musk or not. It's milky. It's walking under sun, a funny composition of tangerine and warm milky blanket. I seem to be more unisex fragrance girl than feminine, so I really go crazy of this one. It's not too sweet. It's soft and has some nice bold, vibrant character I like at the same time. I don't know what I'm going to do after I use my bottle; it's too hard to even think about loosing this lovely and quite unique scent for ever. I hate all sorts of LE and discontinued scents if they have been good!

Molko
Molko

Wow, so fresh and spicy scent in the same time, but very linear musky. I feel something common with L'Elephant, but this is more light and modern, unisex (but little more feminine, nothing masculinity) creation. I need it in my collection:)
update: I have it, but I'm so disappointed, because Vintage's sillage is nothing, no one feels it, only close to the skin:( I don't understand, on the paper is very strong for days, but doesn't work on the skin. The longevity is good, but what can I do with it if no one feels this yummy juice
The other Kenzo l'eau par is also so weak, how shame is for Kenzo

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Madly Kenzo (the EDP), Vintage Edition and L'eau Par Kenzo Indigo all smell quite similar. Indigo is the cleanest and quietest but the most mysterious of them, my favorite. Madly (EDP) is a more playful and more feminine Vintage. Vintage is dark and warm, almost creamy yet fresh fragrance, a contrast within itself, like black gothic lace dress with dusty rose ribbons. I feel like I should be wearing creeper boots with this scent... And just as creepers, this fragrance could fit men and women alike.

On my skin Vintage gets VERY male'ish. Its all about Cedar, Heliotrope, Musk and a tiny hint of Tonka. Warm, soft and gentle but intensive in a good way. But Vintage is too male'ish for me to wear. But the scent is beautiful and modern. Vintage - too me - is a hug or dance-scent.

På min hud blir Vintage VÄLDIGT manlig. Allt kretsar runt Cedertränoten, Heliotrop, Musk och en aning tonka. varm, mjuk och ändå intensiv på ett bra sätt. Men Vintage är helt manlig - så jag kan inte bära den. Men själva doften är ljuvlig och väldigt modern.
Vintage - för mig - är en kram eller dansparfym.

I absolutely adore this fragrance. I am very thankful to Sherapop for having given me the opportunity to try this rare gem.

Kenzo Vintage Edition has all the qualities I enjoy smelling in a fragrance. It is both powdery and feminine on my skin, but also quite complex and intriguing. I've worn it out in public twice since being given a sample, and on both occasions I received some positive comments from strangers.

This fragrance opens with a sweet and juicy mandarin accord. However this note is fairly short-lived as the scent quickly dissolves into a smooth, powdery heliotrope and tonka bean blend.

When I first smelt Kenzo Vintage Edition I swore that I could detect an almond note, and was rather confused when I saw that it wasn't listed in the scent pyramid. Even to this day, I can still smell almonds, even though it may just be the tonka bean playing tricks with my senses. Nevertheless, Kenzo Vintage Edition has a slightly nutty texture which makes it smell quite foody and delicious at times.

This fragrance soothes me. It never overwhelms me with its presence, and I find it to be the perfect choice for a windy, overcast day when I need a touch of warmth. It's a pity that this fragrance has since been discontinued. I consider it one of Kenzo's best.

Although the sillage is fairly moderate, the longevity is outstanding. I'll spritz this on in the morning before work, and return home in the evening to find it still lingering on my skin. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this fragrance to anyone, even men, seeming that it has slight unisex tendencies.

persefonex
persefonex

For me, could be unisex, because it smells woody a lot. Is not for a romantic girl; is for an original and independent woman. Is so oriental. I don't smell any vanilla o flower in it. Instead, Kenzo Madly has wood notes and vanilla, much more feminine and still strong.

dkny27
dkny27

Read recently that heliotrope can sometimes smell like grape or cherry pie, and I have to say, that is dead on for this scent when you get close to the skin. It's quite wild actually. From a distance there is a deep fruity musky scent, very nice actually, verging a little on a male fragrance; but then the hint of cherry pokes through and it is really smile inducing. You don't smell many like this one!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

It's so strange... here on fragrantica the main note is listed as 'musk', which many of the reviewers have confirmed, but my memory of this (from 2008!) is that it smelled very citrus... tangerine, actually! I LOVED it then and have been wanting it ever since, but now I'm wondering if I would still love it.

PS - isn't this the coolest packaging ever?? I <3 anything "vintage". :) And I love that it's "unisex"!

olga1780
olga1780

A lot of people compared it to Blvgari Black, but i think Kenzo Vintage has so much more to offer in terms of its originality and the quality of the composition. It reminds me a little of Kenzo Indigo, it has that same purple woody note that gives sensuality to it. Simple and casual, but incredibly sexy. Above average sillage, and excellent longevity...still almost as strong after 4 hours.

Lazaro
Lazaro

an affectionate and incredible fragrance... of the type of extract that they usually take you there are the memorable memories of your past. Warm, clean, sensual and sexy... Peace by kenzo is of these perfumes that he is worth while finishing and keeping the bottle. like memories of these real moments!

Kenzo PEACE VINTAGE is primarily a clean musk composition. The musk really does dominate, but it is light and limpid rather than dark and skanky. There is a sort of sweet-soapy quality to this creation, as self-contradictory as that might at first seem. Although I am reminded a bit of cherry blossom or osmanthus, I believe that the effect in this case is caused by the give and take between the heliotrope and the woods, on the one side, and the vanilla and tonka, on the other.

Still, because all of the non-musk components are so gentle, PEACE seems to me in some ways more like a base or an aromatherapeutic scent than a full-fledged perfume. I'm fairly optimistic that PEACE will blend well with other creations, so I'm going to trying mixing this with CdG ZAGORSK, which to my nose (or on my skin...) has the opposite problem: nearly all incense, virtually no moderating base...

skitten
skitten

Kenzo Vintage arrived today, so hoping it be exceptionally good. As Kenzo is one of my fav's for perfume.
It is nice, but nothing I have not smelt before. Is just like Marc Jacobs Ivy, we'll have to see which lasts longer as Marc Jacobs does not last at all, and Mariah Carey M (purple) runs rings around this for longevity, they all smell similar, except M has way more vanilla and is sweeter. I love them all...lol
Alas, my Kenzo Peace (Vintage) brings serenity for one hour, is fleeting and then disappears. Still a lovely scent, but gone way too fast, makes for expensive application, buy M and you will be surprised.... it lasts....x

Lady-Robins

Update:
It does wear off quickly. It seems like it does its best on my neck by my hair line. I still love the smell, but it does go on strong and then fade. I much prefer something that goes on a firm neutral and stays a firm neutral though out the day. Normally I wear parfum which of course lasts. oh well... I'll still wear it.

YUMMMMM,

I bought this today, and I do love it. The smell is almost perfect. Has some great spice when on my neck and in my hair. It could be a little spicier on my wrist but I think I am the only one who has smelled it so far that thinks that. On me the cedar really comes out to play but it keeps its heliotrope and tonka bean sweet creaminess. Really woody and grounded. I sprayed twice on my neck once today, and rubbed my wrists on my neck.
It has lasted all day and into the night. It is not over powering and does not overwhelm but stays true to its sent and randomly puffs off my skin and into the air. Each time it does that I stop and ask myself "Whats that beautiful smell?" and then get excited its me my new Kenzo Peace!

Before owning any Kenzo scents this one was my 'must-have'...a unisex oriental woody!! Then, I found it was a limited edition :-(, and I'd missed it...Now though, thanks to two wonderful members- one who sent it when I showed interest in it-and one who surprised me with it, I have two generous samples!! And I absolutely love it...

This could be called linear by some, as it does not really 'evolve' much, but it does have the perfect blend of freshness(from the mandarin), sweetness (tonka and heliotrope) and a dark, slightly smoky woodiness (vanilla, musk and cedar). I can honestly say to the member who said it is good for walking in the sun: You were right! I took my 3ml sample and applied it gingerly (not having a lot), but could not really 'feel' it; so I doused on more (nearly half the sample!) and got a pleasant soft, smooth wood-sweet light incense aroma, nice! Then, while walking my two dogs in the forest, (under full October sun) this came alive...The mandarin adds to the sweet smoothness but is not a major player, the cedar (when warmed) is so very elegant, and the drydown was what I was looking for:-). A subtly sweet, smooth & powdery floral musk with a incensy feel-with just enough wood; nowhere near the heavy hippy vibe the box made me os-magine. This is more a scent for hippies of the naughties-subtle, understated and ever so slightly mysterious...

Sillage: very close, but intruiging
Longevity: good
Overall: 4.25/5

The massive smells of the hippy era (Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musky ambers) may have faded in popularity; but, if you want something vaguely incensy, subtly sweet with a lovely floral woody aura...this is your scent. It is perfect for guys who want something rich, elegant and subtle; or for the woman who wants something besides a floral explosion crossed with a fruit salad. This blends well the smooth floralcy of heliotrope with the richness of woods and some oriental notes, yet keeps it light and fresh with a very subtle cirus accent. Well done, Kenzo!!

pipernigrum
pipernigrum

A beautiful fragrance. It reminds me CSP's Musc Alize

Bellatrix
Bellatrix

Isn't full name of this perfume Kenzo Peace vintage edition?

However, I simply love it. It reminds me on CK: Be. It is unisex, light, fresh, good for office, good for walking on sun, good!

sky76sky
sky76sky

A heavenly heliotrope perfume, heavy on the musk with a creamy, masculine edge.

The scent inside is clean & white - a simple, subtle scent with a wonderfully spicy "fog". Woodsy & dry - the cedar plays King to the Heliotrope Queen, with only a whisper of vanilla.

Akin to Kenzo Power, it draws similarities from other great heliotrope scents with the powder suped-up & the sugar turned down low. Less sweet than MyQueen & without the violets, less thick than Teint de Neige, with a similar creamy-powdery-musk to Amour & Kenzoki Rice Steam. It reminds me most definitely of the last gasps of Bvlgari Black....infact, to me it is a "white" version!

Definitely has masculine qualities, but very wearable by women...one to steal from your lover. Another Kenzo through & through.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Kenzo Vintage is light and powdery scent. Unisex definitely. Simple and comforting. Like a glass of warm milk and cookies before bedtime. Like a gentle blanket after snow storm.
Similar to Kenzo Power.

susieqrj

The very first time I tried Kenzo Vintage was on a blotter. Just made me think about old smelly hippies. Did not like it at all. Then I sprayed a little amount on my hand. Vanished in 20min and the smell was´t attractive to me.
But I still was intrigued by this fragrance. So, yesterday I bought a bottle to me.
I´m using it today (in a large amount all over my body).
The smell is SO different. I can smell musk and woods, and I still think of hippies, but they are not smelly anymore. Reminds me a little of old drugstore "Wild Musk" from Coty, but in a way better form.
Still don´t know about it lasting.... later I´ll write about it.

Updating (JUL072010):
I used it with Wild Musk (oil perfum) and sprayed A LOT. Applied at 9am. 10 hours later I can still smell it, if I sniff my arms. Pure patchouli and musk. I dont smell vanilla or anything flowery.

enigmatict
enigmatict

This also has Annick Menardo written all over it.

cjurney
cjurney

it is unisex...

and this is fantastic and perfect and the perfume I wear when I want to please myself. It makes me feel confident and on top of the world! Brilliant staying power!

Malegria
Malegria

A very comforting fragrance. It`s like milk with herbs...I keep smelling sandalwood, sage and ginger in it, along with heliotrope!I actually think that this scent is more suitable for representing Hippy Era instead of the bold sensuality of patchouli.I wore it today all day and it has a decent staying power on me.
I don`t seem to find the right word for it. It`s....liberating!!!!!

essija
essija

Oh how I adore this bottle. This is the perfect powdery scent on me. I get tonka bean, vanilla and helitrope. Warm and beautiful. Could wear this scent everyday. I love it!
Yes Milky is a great description...

Lailica
Lailica

I boutht the 100ml and am avoiding it. The musk nauseates me and on me I can smell it quite soon, and stays all day.
I can´t smell the mandarin orange at all.

susieqrj

I tried this one at a parfum shop, sprayed at my hand. It´s definately a NO to me: at first, reminded me of cheap male deodorant and the musk is annoying and very evident after 3 hours.

piotrek
piotrek

Very original, I don't know any similar perfume, on my skin it's spicy and a litlle milky.
Next fantastic fragrance from Kenzo, I'm waiting for their next impatiently.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

I totally agree with chocolateguy's opinion! You spray the fragrance and start wondering... "hey, fragrance... where are you?!"

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

On me, it seems too feminin. It can' be unisex. Light, too light. Too simple. I gives me nothing when wearing. A huge disappointment!

chance25
chance25

After sampling once my conclusion was that it's too masculine for my taste. A very soft, fleeting sandalwood is what my skin pulled the most, but it wasn't special enough for me to ignore the fact this would smell better on a man. For a woody feminine perfume, I prefer Trish by Trish Mcevoy.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I love this stuff! It's definitely unisex - not too feminine or too masculine - it's right on the border, perfect. I find it to be very warm and comforting and it reminds me a little of My Queen by Alexander McQueen. I don't get any citrus from this at all. I mainly smell the cedar and musk with maybe a tiny bit of vanilla. Very nice! Good for summer, great for winter.

guest_sara
guest_sara

this reminds me of my first perfume from many years ago... gap om. it was discontinued but this smells so similar. reminds me of simpler days :)

vertigo
vertigo

lol, I thought it was an unisex.
I like it, it's soft and sensual and somewhat milky.
on me very similar to Bvlgari Black.

Kenzo Vintage Edition by Kenzo 4.09 out of 5 based on 165 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo Vintage Edition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo Vintage Edition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo Vintage Edition by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo Vintage Edition by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.