Designers » I-K » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Kenzo pour Homme Kenzo for men
dislike

I have it: 582 I had it: 486 I want it: 361 My signature: 22

marine
Kenzo pour Homme Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo pour Homme Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo pour Homme Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo pour Homme Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo pour Homme Kenzo for men Pictures Kenzo pour Homme Kenzo for men Pictures

Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo is a Aromatic Aquatic fragrance for men. Kenzo pour Homme was launched in 1991. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Mathieu. Top notes are mahogany, sage, bergamot, lemon and sea notes; middle notes are nutmeg, carnation, juniper berries, orris root, peach, jasmine, caraway, lily-of-the-valley, rose and pine; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, balsam fir, oakmoss, vetiver, cedar and labdanum.

Mahogany Sage Bergamot Lemon Sea Notes

Nutmeg Carnation Juniper Berries Orris Root Peach Jasmine Caraway Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Pine

Sandalwood Amber Musk Balsam Fir Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar Labdanum

Kenzo pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

kaysee
kaysee

this is a masterpiece. They don't make them like that anymore.
The opening is very sharp (and not my favorite part) but the dry down is amazing.
I wouldn't describe it as aquatic, but a hint of ocean is deffo there.
It's obviously incomparable, but if I were to describe it, I'd say it's a mix of versace blue jeans and platinum egoiste in a bottle.
It's on my top 5 list and as I said before it truly is a masterpiece.

-will update later regarding longevity-

Eeerrrm...I mean ok. I love it. But longevity is just ok.

Sherihan
Sherihan

Unique, a masterpiece, top notes smells alcoholic/aldehydic, then the aromatics come out, in a "spice market" way. Very ozonic,complements the early morning breeze,it actually was made to be worn that time. If a dream has a smell . A reviewer here said "the opening is scary",and it is.

anna.dkr5

I ended up putting this in my dislike list, but then I decided to be persistent, and try it again, and again. I'm now starting to appreciate it. It is definitely well blended, and very distinctive. I smell more and more iodine in the opening, to the point that it always makes me instantly thirsty! Then, I also get the resin accords, but the iodine is still there in the mix. As for the rubber note lots of people mention, yes, it is there. Sometimes I smell it more, sometimes less. There are days when this scent is too much for my nose to handle, but I actually like it. That's when I wish it actually projected better, because this stays very close to the skin. There are not many people wearing this, so if you want a distinctive and intriguing signature, definitely try it... and give it at least a week before you ditch it! I'm speaking from personal experience. :)

dandan
dandan

From the moment I sprayed it on, I was thinking where I met with this smell before. After 3 hours of memory mining, I realised we used a soap in my childhood, which has the same smell.
Indeed it's original and different, but not in a good way. There is a good reason why no one else did a similar fragrance since 1991...

osiris5
osiris5

yes this is a special fragrance. Kenzo is not mainstream
nor it is niche. But this is very special and shows some outstanding class. it is like other Asian perfumes. It doesn't open with citric as we are mostly used to. But i can't state that it is an aquatic perfume. No this is more aromatic, balmy and woody with a touch of aquatic. The mahogany wood in the beginning is very prominent mixed with a big sage scent. and then something happens i just can describe as mysterious. after a short period the notes fade away to come back in very different way. if you ever have smelled really church incense like they use it in the Roman catholic church you get a nice note in here. It is very resin like in contrast to floral incense used in the Orthodox church and Hindo/boeddhist temples.
The resin-olibanum like note comes from the balsam fir note.
And then there is also bit a mix of a spicy-floral scent, a mix of caraway and lily of the valley, rose. really a great perfume and may take its place in the range of masterpieces. When do y wear it? For casual and business occasions its ok. And also when y have formal occasions where you have to be in the background or don't want to project. It is a scent that i think especially older man love to wear.

anna.dkr5

To my nose, this is nearly pure resin. I detect a rather faint marine accord. It's quite smoky, and not a bad scent, but totally not what I was expecting.
Furthermore, I'm not sure why, but it hardly projects on my skin. I've even sprayed some on my clothes, with the same result. I can tell this is going to be a love-hate relationship, at least on my first wearings.

UPDATE: Two hours later: Okay, I do smell more of a marine accord than I did earlier. Still... please, don't hate me for this, but Cool Water is more redolent of the ocean than KH to me.

UPDATE PART II: What's going on? When I spray this on, I can only smell it for about a minute. Yet, I tried spraying it on a piece of paper, put it in a drawe last night, and today it's still going strong. I might be somewhat anosmic to it, because I'm sure I don't have a fake. Still, it's disappointing, because I'm not sure if other people can smell it. Furthermore, I like getting whiffs of my own fragrance, and it hasn't happened with this one, so far. :(

UPDATE PART III: I'm sorry to say that, instead of gradually growing on me, this scent has taken the opposite route. Now I can't even stand to sniff it from the bottle. it makes me feel nauseated... How unfortunate, as I had high hopes for this one.

jochris
jochris

smells like ilang-ilang flower in a dry woody forest love the smell but can't wear it...instead i used it inside the house spray it to the curtains in the room enjoyed it by my self....

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Very good, a fresh scent.
like it.

Virginiawwest
Virginiawwest

The smell of this perfume reminds me a lot of the first guy ever who introduced me to the world of luxuries. Xpensive perfumes, xpensive hotel suites, xpensive gifts, xpensive gadgets, oh my God.. I cry so hard right now remembering how tight he would hold me .. Well its an amazing scent

mdalankford
mdalankford

Unique, distinct, contrasting, singular, exclusive, divergent, incomparable. Any word that = different. It's a little salty, citrusy, piney, floral, musky, woody, earthy, herbal and spicy. This combination of notes should lead to a disaster but, somehow, it does not! I did a blind buy on this and I am not disappointed. For an aquatic, Kenzo Homme, has a depth unmatched by other aquatics, if you can truly classify this as such. It reminds me of my trips to the Oregon coast. An earthy evergreen oceany smell not found at the tropical seaside locale. Sillage is moderate to strong and lasts about 10+ hours on my skin. This one is a definite "keeper" and will be in my lineup for a great long time.

Although not marketed as a unisex fragrance it, most surely, could be one.

Goktug
Goktug

I've just ordered a small 50ml bottle, just to remember old days, good days :)

horus11c
horus11c

This one is a masterpiece!!! A league on its own. My wife hated this fragrance when I let her smell it from the bottle. I still kept the bottle and wear it occasionally.but every time i wear it she complements me and ask what I am wearing. I don't tell her my secret ;)

Projection and sillage are excellent best among my aquatic collection. I put it on par with issey except Kenzo is not so over played and common.

kristine.maslova
kristine.maslova

It's like an ocean in the middle of the woods. So unique in the world of sweet unisex fragrances. Love my husband even more when he's wearing Kenzo..

Gutipon
Gutipon

Un aroma clasico, fuerte al principio, suave al final, perfecto para encuentros casuales, puede ser un poco ofensivo el olor pomada para golpes con el que inicia.

Diferente, si existiera arboles de color azul, asi olerian, a Kenzo Homme no lo pondria en acuaticos, si no en herbal y maderoso, exelente para uso diario, y un rango de edad de apartir de los 25.

A strong at first, soft finish, perfect for casual encounters, the classic scent at the top notes can be a little offensive.

I spread this on my bed... just for relax and get sweet dreams in the sea..

Different, blue trees would smell like Kenzo Homme, aquatic herbal and woody, excellent for everyday use, and a range of starting age of 25.

EDIT:
Longevity: 8/10 stay on my clothes like 3 days, but in my skin last 30 min until i sweat. (this is why is a summer frag)
Sillage: 5/10... just close to skin past 10 min :(, on my clothes are better, but not too much.
Price: I get this for 580 MXN, when in the general market are like 680 MXN
Compliments: Nothing... i dont know why.. this scent its for YOU not for the people around...

In Mexico, no one have this masterpiece.. everybody wants to smell like paco "rabano" one "milanesa"

Unique!!!!

eliweisz
eliweisz

I suppose it was the newest version I tried twice at my local emporium. Subtle, fresh, long-lasting both on the skin and on my clothes - but nothing of the mysterious flair which made Kenzo so special and outstanding 20 years ago. The darkness has gone. What's left is a good aquatic fragrance, that's it. Won't buy it. Would recommend it to those who seek a slightly (but only slightly!) different aquatic.

stefafra
stefafra

Had the original when I was about 20, I'm a woman but liked it a lot, clary sage and aquatic notes, lovely.
Again, one of the things that did not travel with me when I moved home..loved the dark green bottle with the bamboo leaves too

orestes

today ι buy the new version, is much better than the previous version and very close to the original,also' it has been completely removed oak moss i think,ideal choice for hot climate of Greece

bachatu
bachatu

this is slightly powdery, soapy, fizzy, salty, balsamic, sweet & sour at times. I don't consider this to be an aquatic even though people consider it to be. It has an slight a slight classic feel to it (as opposed to modern smelling) which is ok. Despite having many other more expensive fragrances in my warbrobe, I keep coming back to this one at least once a week. In my top 5 or even top 3. This has many notes and facets to it, but its blended very well. Also, longevity and projection is very good. Thumbs up.

orestes

Did you know if The newly "kenzo homme" shall be different from the old version "kenzo pour homme"?

joezilla
joezilla

oh, this is a beautiful fragrance. the opening is scary, but very soon the beauty starts to unveil.if you've ever been on an island in the adriatic sea or meditaranean, you will love this. it smells like a sea breeze that had just passed over a pine forest after it rained. absolutely gorgeous.
it should be also noted that the original kenzo pour homme was discontinued and it is now marketed as kenzo homme.

word-doctor
word-doctor

I ordered this blind based on reviews and my continuing inability to find formal summer scents capable of standing up to Gulf Coast heat and humidity, as well as my own aroma swallowing dermis. I am as grateful to F-members for their guidance as I am for being led to Yatagan.

KPH is the most dynamic frag I have experienced. Linear is not even a word to consider. Development is organic, with individual scents and accords showing up and receding after the first top notes overtake the alcohol. I am not astute or experienced enough to distinguish all the individual notes. What I get is a very beautiful set of hardwoods, evergreens, marines and sometimes florals that take turns making and remaking themselves.

Wearable and suitable for work and special enough for formal settings. Assured. And sillage/longevity are topnotch for a summer frag.

Sillage: 7/10

Adriana Candiotto
Adriana Candiotto

The aquatic consider a herbal sober, slightly salty, with a touch of bamboo with florals, unmistakable, and nothing compares to it brings me a fresh wave of the 90s with the power of 80, great setting and trace, do not recommend a blind .

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Shockingly original creation by the incredibly underrated Christian Mathieu, who had a decade previously created a rather original and bold Jacomo de Jacomo by merging classical note pyramids with modern blending.
Kenzo Pour Homme is shockingly different and highly original. It seems to have one foot in the 1980's with its fondness for a plethora of notes blended into a larger mass but the other in the 1990's with its anticipation of the aquatic revolution by merging Cool Water's oceanic, woodsy and mossy elements with a more classical 1970's fir, oakmoss and floral awareness that is increasingly rare in today's fashionable minimalist trending climate.

oytsilus
oytsilus

I smell it as a fresh, woody aromatic. The opening is a bit strong but I love the dry down. Unique & elegant! Prefer this than the "overrated" Bvlgari Aqva.
One of my signature scent.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

An utterly unique spring/summer fragrance with unparralled longevity and sillage.
This stuff is so complex and foriegn to my nose that I can't even break down why I like it, but, I know this will be a staple of my summer lineup from now on.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

OH my God, what a fragrance.. very unique and long lasting. Rose is prominent, with aquatic vibe. Its not like other boring and generic aquatics. High class aroma...love it..

MzAlex
MzAlex

In my opinion this is what Cosmo Kramer's perfume "The Beach" would smell like, the way he describes it. It actually smells like skin covered in Ambré Solaire, and then washed by salty sea water. It encapsulates everything a day at the beach represents. But it also has a dual nature: it's bright and dark, sweet and sour, light and heavy.
The scent is not borring and linear, it changes quite alot over time, but the transision is so smooth you can't actually tell the difference, unless you just applied the scent on a wrist, and the other wrist you have some perfume since 5 hours ago.
I really can't get enough of this perfume and to be honest i dind't encountered something similar yet. I actually wake up and spray a little on my wrist in the morning and even before i go to bed i have to smell this wonderful and relaxing perfume.
In some reviews i see people say that it smells like plastic, but i can't really get that, maybe just the first 10 seconds after application. After all, every nose is unique so i can't really blame those who don't like this perfume. I only pitty that they can't experience this awsome perfume.
For those who don't bother reading my whole review, this is my take on Kenzo Homme:
longevity: 9 (It has a great longevity, something between 10 to 16 hours, but Fahrenheit for example is better)
sillage: 8 (It has a really confortable sillage, it doesn't make you self conscious, it's actually perfect for this scent, taking into account that for some people it smells sinthetic)
scent: 10 (Awsome)

Chyskillz
Chyskillz

A true gem right there.Throughout whole composition the richness of the scent itself never leaves you.It captures the essence of what seashore and wilderness are in a big style.

Also I can get people who doesn`t like this scent because it is unusual and deep, simply not all of us can handle it.

good longevity , solid projection.

overall 8.5 / 10

Chimp
Chimp

Kenzo pour Homme is an unique fragrance. It has a marine woody scent which i've never seen so nicely done before. The marine part is salty and smells like a warm day on a windy beach, i've never seen any other fragrances capture the ocean smell so accurately as this one. The woody part is smoky and herbal with a touch of citrus. It brings together opposites like yin and yang creating a bipolar fragrance where the scents don't mix together, but stay distinguishable, thus creating a lovely, unparalleled fragrance. It might seem strange at first sniff but after a few hours on the skin it will hook you, or you'll develop a love-hate relantionship with it. Can be worn on any season, day or night. Overall 9/10

haronushka
haronushka

unique:5
sillage:3
longlivity:4
scent:4
overall:16/20

budge
budge

Love the fresh "beachy" fragrance,reminds me of sand dunes and sun. However I was disappointed that on me it didn't project much even though I sprayed it on my clothes as well as my skin and,in my opinion, didn't last as long as some of the reviews would suggest.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

The one I have just says Kenzo Homme. It doesn't say "PourHomme", but otherwise the bottle looks EXACTLY the same. Is that the same fragrance as this? Does anyone know. Mine seems a bit different then the one described here....

vitilsky
vitilsky

It's good and it lasts FOREVER! Like literally days...even if you have a shower.

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

strong sandalwood + very realistic smell of the sea = Kenzo pour Homme, very good and very different from other aquatics

tomerai
tomerai

This fragrance brings me so many happy memories. This was my cousin's signature scent and he was like a role model to me. In my early 20's I wanted to be like him and because I loved this scent on him so much I decided to wear it myself. I remember it having huge sillage and projection and I wanted everyone who walked by me to pass through the cloud of Kenzo around me. It's a very unique and distinct scent that is easy to recognize. I stopped wearing it because I wanted to find my own signature. This was taken by him.

badkarma
badkarma

i love this, but here in india they have gone and used this scent in many cleaning products.. recently i found a floor cleaner that smelled so much like hugo boss bottled that I now feel bad wearing these frags

fahadharoon
fahadharoon

Honestly, when i first smelled it, i thought i had stuffed my head in a medicine cabinet with a lot of cosmetics. I still don’t like the initial 5-10 minutes of this fragrance. But i have to say after a while it settles down well and becomes greenish sweet smell with a salty note. My nose mainly picks bambooish in the initial phase and rose and marine notes in the dry down. A decent fragrance overall. For me the both lasting power and sillage are moderate.

joefri294
joefri294

if you dont like this frag at first just keep wearing it cause it does the exact opposite of cloy. It only gets better its a nice fresh woody aromatic and its a little sweet when strong . you can wear this woody/aromatic in the day time then slap on the night time woody/aromatic Drakkar Noir the best

Marciu
Marciu

One deep sniff of Kenzo Homme and I imagine I'm at the sea shore. I can feel the smell of fresh sea breeze. It's neither very warm nor very cold. Early spring, let's say. The air goes through my nostrills, it's such a pleasant feeling!

Ma-gni-fi-scent!

It's a longevity and projection beast. I usually use 3 sprays and that gives me about 9 hours longevity. And it projects very well also.

So many years on the market and still(!) unique. Incredible scent.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

This one seems to be very popular among ladies... And I happen to like it very much, it's sophisticated and fresh. Aquatic notes and woods play the main role in this fragrance. I can definetely smell the pine note more than the others. Overall a nice scent ! Might be a good choice for summer.

gd15329
gd15329

Not bad... Not good... Not average... Not something I've smelled before... (go figure)

I definitely must re test this and maybe get a strip with me for further inspection (this time I only smelled the cap quickly)

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

aryo
aryo

I've tried tester at parfume shop, and the smells just like a glue.. don't like it and Im not recomended..

djuzz.becuzz

that guest review below me, that is me... I got signed out while posting my review :/

djuzz.becuzz

Despite being a young lady I am curious to try some malescents lately. There are many people who don't believe in the label 'male/female' on perfumes. They will simply say: 'you like it, then wear it!'
Even though I don't fully agree, I still feel like trying out some male fragrances! :)

I received Kenzo pour Homme in the mail this morning and of course I could not resist to test it right away! (yup... blind buy... again...*blushing*)
It opened with a strong blast of aquatic freshness, made me go 'mmmmmmm.......' It didn't last longer than a few seconds after which this herbal vibe kicked in, which I didn't like that much! Luckily also this didn't last longer than a few seconds, then I got the aquatic freshness back, this time with some sweetness added to the blend... From this point the scent has been developing in 'circular' motion... One moment I can imagine myself sitting on a beautiful white beach, surrounded by palmtrees that carries whiffs of the salty/fresh waves of the sea to my nose alternated with some citrus notes from a nearby citrus plantation.
The next moment I can picture myself walking through a pine forrest at night... Of course I won't be alone, as well on the beach as in the forest, the love of my life will be right by my side...

After reading that some reviewers noticed this 'rubber' note, I was a little scared that it would be off putting to my nose.
However, I do understand where they're coming from... but if I would have to describe this slightly artificial 'off-note' I would describe it as a leather jacket that has just been 'impregnated' with a nice smelling leather-maintenance product.
It doesn't disturb me at all...

Very sophisticated scent, I am happy to have it, will share it with my bf!

It doesn't disturb me at all...

Very sophisticated scent, I am happy to have it, will share it with my bf!

Le_Coeur_Gothique
Le_Coeur_Gothique

"How do I smell like?" I asked my badass then girlfriend sometime back in the mid 90's."Like a shirasaya through the heart of Cthulhu if the damn thing has any,that is!And I can see you are still holding its hilt!" she replied...

The Father and King of all aquatics...
The most beauteous flacon ever...
The stuff of legends...

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

This fragrance is absolutely classical. I bought it for the first time when it was introduced. To this day I still love this fragrance. It smells of a fresh summer day at the beach. It has very nice aquatic notes that makes me and my nose very happy.

maab

No doubt that they will love it.
Good luck!!!

petranfx

I hope the girls like it

petranfx

maab:thank you for your help ι want something for the summer with character and not a common aquatic.

petranfx:
Yes. Without a doubt. Keep in mind that it is a great fragrance. With a number of notes and subtle variations that will take you awhile to appreciate.

petranfx

Im 17 years old and i want somethin for summer an spring.Can i wear this?

snails

big mistake to wear it in my twenties...i had no idea what a distinctive fragrance i wore back then. imagine a sunny and hot July day. now go back in the morning, with its trees surrounded by mist and a cold breeze. this is kenzo pour homme. this is the first morning of the world. all quintessential Japanese philosophy encapsulated in a fragrance: serenity, discipline, purity, simple things, distinctiveness and uniqueness. kenzo pour homme - a fragrance that is pure avant-garde for its sublime alchemy. glad to rediscover such an amazing sent

herreroph

scent: 10

Marcus Monezi
Marcus Monezi

Different and perfect.

With all these notes, think a more important note was left out. The bamboo. Who remembers the old bottle, can say, even had some sheets of bamboo drawn in glass. But even today is evident in the image of bamboo in box.
The perfume has a very strong note of it, which is PERFECT. You will never, but never even going to find something.
It is a very curious scent. Anyone who is close feel. It is very nice.
Male and jovial. Joker. It may be more modern or classic. Several occasions.

uxmanali
uxmanali

Unlike other Aquatics this one doesnt have citrus notes and fresh spicy notes in this one are very light, which make it a woody floral aquatic.

It is aquatic but not fresh.

But it is great. Very different and that is what i want.

Each perfume with unique characteristics in my collection.

Great work Kenzo!

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

Kenzo pour home is a “FLORAL” fragrance with a woody touch and a hint of herbal notes. There is a very smooth dark sea note that for a moment reminds me of the original Bvlgari Aqua pour homme (could be the salty sea note).

To me this fragrance smells like a wooden cedar flower vessel, half full with marine water, sandalwood chips floating in and with a bunch of freshly cut flowers. This is definitely not the fresh aquatic/citrusy fragrance we are used to nowadays.

Another way to describe it would be to imagine the Mediterranean Sea at sunset with a LOT of flowers dancing in the sea, moving with the waves from side to side and jasmine petals in the air carried by the wind from a flower field.

This must have been Issey Miyake’s inspiration for the later L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme. This is for sure an early 90’s scent, it gives you that 90's vibe in projection and presence (not bad but not a wow!!! Either). It does smell different though, almost unique at a certain point and for sure “unisex”, masculine floral but suitable for women as well.

I can understand the love and the hate from the previous reviews. It has good projection but it doesn’t last on my skin. I must have received a bad or altered bottle because longevity is bad on me.

haborym26
haborym26

smell of dark of the ocean's depths.unique composition ,unpredictable and disturbing.royal longevity and sillage.

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

It's probably just me, but I get a sweet sherry note from this. Otherwise, it's got white florals and soft greens.

sujith
sujith

I could never get past the rubber note which seems to be dominant all through except on a really sultry summer day when the water, fir and citrus notes start wafting through and the scent transforms into a heavenly aquatic. Projection and longevity are above average. If not for the rubber note, quite mysterious and herbal.

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

My favourite male fragrance, it was my signature fume from 91 to 95, only giving it up to Kashaya de Kenzo and then organza before and after my transition, nobody but myself and one male friend knew and loved the fragrance. I am still tempted by it 21 years on.

axa5780
axa5780

I just got this bottle after watching masterpiece review by Danforz and I have got to say that this scent oozes mystery. It is very long lasting with a heavy sillage. There is a rubber note that might be hard to get past by but it is very unique marine scent

ravjan
ravjan

Has this scent been refolmulated or just the bottle changed? Used it for a long time in the past now feel like getting myself a new bottle. The ultimate marine-ozone-woods!!!

elsekymeky
elsekymeky

Kenzo's Masterpiece , almost the best woody fragrance ever.

lyktor
lyktor

I understand why some people remembers the sea

The salty note is very intense, it's too much for me, I wish it was more smooth

PS: Very long lasting 24hours+ , I took a shower and it's still on my skin

harddanceuk
harddanceuk

An absolutely incredible and original fragrance with huge staying power and projection. One of my favourite scents of all time.

stromfish
stromfish

Just a fantastic and unique fragrance with amazing sillage.
This one is imo one of the best fragrance ever created.
Simply amazing !

Scrash Luisao
Scrash Luisao

Personalmente no me gusta this fragancia! el olor es como los inciensos de las casas de los brujos, Demasiado oriental a mi punto de vista!

camposg
camposg

I bought a sample of this based on positive reviews and have to admit i was absolutley repulsed. I cannot see anyone wearing this. I feel bad giving the sample to someone. They might call me an a--h--e

fuggerone
fuggerone

a masterpiece floral but masculine, thin and penetrant like in the Japanese tradition

tomerits
tomerits

i can proudly say that i own this one back in 1992 and was one of the first in my country to have this fragrance. got this as a birthday present from my cousin who lives in london.
now in my second bottle and needless to say that i absolutely love it.very unique scent with great longevity.
my rank 4/5.

florindeca
florindeca

it smells like linn young blu4 you man

smellitivity
smellitivity

The opening of Kenzo Pour Homme smells amazing, with in-your-face aquatic notes and a fairly large piece of wood floating in them, plus other stuff like sage and lavender.
It's just great to smell fresh without being banal and a must have for me, I keep on buying it, if only to spray it once in a while.

Kikuyu
Kikuyu

I´m a woman and I´ve used it - nobody could believe it was a male perfume. I think it´s an unusual, unisex scent - love it!

scenturian
scenturian

This is definitely in the top 10 of project monsters and uniques.
And of course longevity as well.
When I put it on becomes like a tattoo on my skin, after 5 showers still lingers.

dromidreza
dromidreza

یادمه اون زمانها خیلی با خودم کلنجار رفتم تا بخرمش.نه.بوش رو دوست نداشتم

vmzaneti
vmzaneti

Hum, I found it quite boring. But I will test it again another time. I did not have the oportunity to experience the dry down.

nglatech
nglatech

This good Cologne, i like this one
but i just dont see why this is listed as aquatic ???
it is rather a fresh woody-floral-musk to me and i sense sandalwood, musk, jasmine, balsam fir, rose and nothing from watery note.
Just Dont Blind Buy as Aquatic Parfume

CozyCat
CozyCat

The opening is really strong and sharp. It's supposedly a 'fresh', 'clean' scent...but there's a strange, bitter-spicy mustiness underneath the citrus-green notes that really bothers me. The first time I smelled it, it made me think of really old ginger ale being poured over frozen lemon slices, and it only got worse with time. Now that I've seen the notes, I'm pretty sure its the caraway causing this. Either it smells that bad, or my fiancee happens to have a bad bottle. Sorry fellas, but I really can't stand this, it makes me nauseous, and the mister will be getting a brand new cologne soon.

edward.cossaboom
edward.cossaboom

The question of the day is: Has this perfume been reformulated since 1991?

The answer: not relevant. Why not?

I first bought a bottle of this in 1993, not long after its initial 1991 release... I went through most of the bottle, and because I loved it so much, stopped using it except for the most special occasions.

Then, a few years later, when I decided it was time to buy more, I could no longer find it on store shelves, and when I asked, the sales staff told me that it had been discontinued.

A few years after that, I saw it in a store again, and the store staff told me that yes, indeed it was back, but it had been reformulated.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I sent Kenzo an e-mail inquiring into the status of this product, but received no response. No matter, I ordered a NEW bottle from FragranceX, which arrived in my mailbox yesterday.

Luckily, I still had some original Kenzo Homme from 1993 to compare the two. I dabbed a sample of the old (and sprayed a sample of the new) onto two sample swatches...

First impression: they are different. Very similar, but not quite identical.

Second impression: Re-smelling both swatches after about 15 minutes. Identical. If I didn't already know which was which, there would be no way to tell.

Third impression: Re-smelling both swatches after an hour. Identical, as far as I can tell.

Final impression: Re-smelling both swatches after 4-5 hours. Somewhat different. But only a little.

Conclusion: I don't know if it got reformulated or not, but if it did, it smells very, very similar, if not the same as the original product. Unless someone had a photographc memory for this scent, they would never know it's not the same. In addition, I concede that they may be the same and that the subtle differences are either due to the AGE (let's face it, perfumes to tend to have a shelf life), and the fact that my original bottle was not a spray, whereas the new one is. Atomizing the perfume particles versus a concentrated "dab" may certainly change the scent profile slightly.

I do still prefer my original bottle, because the bottle itself is AWESOME! No ifs and buts about it. The original bottle is a work of art! The new one is nowhere nearly as ornate or fancy as the 1991 version that is not only shaped as a bamboo shoot, but the colored glass is textured as well.

In the end, I'm thrilled to have my precious Kenzo Homme back again. Even with the new spray bottle and possibly reformulated product, I still get taken back to old times, and carried away to a magical, ethereal state of mind when I smell this unusual perfume.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Aquatic? Hmmm, I don't think so. More of a woody (and fresh) chypre if you ask me. Loads of bergamot, fir, and cedar on top, followed by juniper, juniper berry, vetiver, oakmoss, and sandalwood. There is a sort of "fresh" calone molecule gussying up the composition with an understated cleanness that seems utterly devoid of fruit and musk. It's more of a crystalline cool breeze wafting through the trees. But make no mistake, Kenzo Pour Homme is a man's man type of fragrance. Nothing in the current masculine market smells like it. I suppose one could make a comparison to Horizon by Laroche, and even Drakkar Noir, but only in the sense that both are unconventional green scents with touches of postmodern "fresh" in their compositions. I like Kenzo, but it's a little too stark for me. I'll stick with Horizon.

oxm
oxm

This perfume is really great, (I write only to those who I like)
I discovered several years ago, and then exchange it with Armani's Acqua di Gio, but as soon as I had the opportunity to spray a little on me, I realized that Armani has nothing to do.
This is more mysterious, dark and almost overwhelming at first because it has known avant-garde (for that time), the bamboo is one of them, but the rose is held well and then some balsamic notes that lead directly to the breeze marine and echo the resins and plants thousands of years ...
A fragrance that makes you dream, as when the enchanting Wizard of Oz is the rainbow, and the road to the castle is revealed ...
Only for dreamers.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Finally something risky !
In perfumery it's easy to suit crowd's taste, make your fragrance smell simply good. Creating a fragrance not as a commercial product but with an artistic way has drawbacks for sure, and today most big houses overturn in financial rentability. Ditto Kenzo. Consequence : investors are so afraid of not selling a new frag that it has to pass several tests for approval, and finally the original creation has its uniqueness amputated.
Kenzo pour homme has been released before this absurd marketing rules. If you like aquatic frags, try this one is an absolute necessity. But you are warned : you can hate it !

Longevity : very good
Sillage : impressive
Singularity : oh yes (but several people wear it, however)

kwiatek
kwiatek

Best of the entire line of Kenzo. Fresh but not delicate, you can feel touch of rubber, lightly floral, just use it and feel nature and the salty breeze ;)
In my humble opinion this is a Masterpiece.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

for me it's best for summer. It's different and unique. Love it!

rienzope
rienzope

One of my top 5 favorites. Reminds me of walking through a greenhouse when tropical flowers are in bloom. Clean and fragrant

nyudiana
nyudiana

this fragrence make me feel like in bamboo forest.
feel like leaves scratches on my hands.

SSDerks
SSDerks

Very nice in the winter/colder areas, good in the afternoon time, very strong at first but the settle in is very nice.

pob75
pob75

Kenzo PH really seems to divide opinion. This is one of my favourites but is also one of the oddest fragrances I own. It took a few tries before I got my head and nose around this.

It is very, very hard to describe. I think you have to smell it for yourself.
It does have a calone note and a seaweed-type tinge. I can see why some people below are mentioning "dirty plastic" but it's an interesting, pleasing note to me - nothing as acrid or unpleasant as dirty plastic implies. At times there is almost a fleeting petrol note as well but "petrol" doesn't quite say what I want to and I can't find the right description for most of the notes.

It is complex and balanced. I can pick out various notes on different wearings. Longevity is very good. Quite strong and good projection for 9+ hours and lasts on skin for 12+ hours. Continues as a very weak skin scent for longer still.

I personally think however much you read about this it will come down to your subjective opinion - people seem to get very different things from some of its notes. Not one for a blind buy.

My opinion - I love it. Not instantly accessible. It's like a piece of music that takes some effort to get into, but once you have you can't get enough of it.
I can't stop sniffing this when I have it on.
Good sillage and longevity.
Wonderful, interesting and different to any other fragrance I've encountered.

yourroseoftears
yourroseoftears

My brother uses this fragrance for years and I'm totally in love with it <3 very unique

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

I applied 6 heavy sprays from a bonafide black tester bottle at the duty free, London Gatwick

0 - 4 hours. 3-4 inch projection. I wont say what this smells like as I dont want to show bad taste

4 - 6 hours - 1-2 inch projection. I wont say what this smells like as I dont want to show bad taste

6-9 hours. Long lasting. More like the light air smell I was expecting but still I dont want to show bad taste

I can only think this reacted bad with my skin, but this is by far the most horrid smell I have ever come across, sorry if this has offended anyone but I have toned this down all the way, so I don't cheese anyone of. It has been commercially successful so I suppose it must logically be a bad reaction???

elenian
elenian

I think its one of the most classic, amazing, beautiful men fragrances. Its a must have. I am a woman and i'm dying smell a man wearing this. I often spray a paper sample and have it in my bag. Its sensuous and sexy!!!

cristina.rizzi
cristina.rizzi

The first time I wore this it was a lovely evening summer in Florence, many years ago.
After a wonderful day at the lake, four of us headed to our gay friend's home, to get ready for a meal in a rustic "trattoria" up on the hillside.
I was just a girl and was not used to carry with me make-up or perfume, so as my only beauty aid for the occasion I was given by him a sprinkle of Kenzo... and then and there I fell in love.
For the all evening my mind and soul were elsewhere, transported into a dreamy dimension made of sea, woods, sand.
One of my favourites, a dreamcatcher to me.

ghjnm
ghjnm

One of my all time favourites. Simple. yet sophisticated. It's like an attractive person, who doesn't force himself on you, but you want more...Pure serene joy.

vascobgs
vascobgs

Exotic, exotic. A refreshing and different fragrance.

Karhu
Karhu

Sillage: One of the best
Longevity: One of the best

Scent: just does not work for me. I got nothing but synthetic, dirty plastic with a kind of light ring of evergreen surrounding it.

Must be a body chemistry thing and my loss!

severino
severino

I have been an avid fragrance collector for some few years now. From Cartier to Dior to Bulgari....and I would consider Kenzo to be in my top 5 list of classic fragrances. This cologne has truly wonderful scent applicable to day or night affairs..as one of the guys mentioned, the old bottle was dark blue with bamboo tree engraving. Now the look is new but it still has the sexy scent.

kkk
kkk

I'm a woman and in my opinion this is the best men frag ever!!! every time I smell it I just have to follow the scent...really seductive and sophisticated. GORGEOUS!

ION
ION

This perfume is the smell of water (sea, ocean, lake, something esoteric you name it) at fresh to cold temperature!
Actually, it goes beyond that, and if you apply it during summertime, it will literally cool you down!
(unfortunately, "Cool Water" is already taken, for this would be the proper name for this masterpiece!)
Like "Fahrenheit", it is such an ingenious composition (maybe a tad less sexy, if I may say so) that I can see it stay in the market forever.
What it does to a man's aura is almost tangible!

Robing
Robing

Kenzo pour homme is one of the few fragrances i instantly recognize if worn by somebody else. It’s one of a kind, no other fragrance captures this amount of saltiness, sweetness and freshness in a bottle. For me not for every day but certainly a classic that i will continue to use.

hernie
hernie

I feel lucky today cause I found a Ryoko flacon of this wonder (it was a limited edition) and I can´t wait 2 go out of work to buy it!! I think that Kenzo pour homme is one of the most delicious and complex fragrances of all times!!! Two thumbs up!!

jcastano
jcastano

Up until I encountered this, Polo Sport was the fragrance that captured the ocean for me. That all changed! This one makes you feel like your right on the beach. You get the sand, seaweed, seawater, and everything else in between. It's amazing and quite unique! I also pick up lightly on the florals and fruits, however, the amber and musk are the biggest contributors. How they got it to smell like the ocean with all those notes is beyond me but damn I'm impressed!

I liked it but truly could not comprehend the idea behind it. Think of it this way. When you're on the beach, this fragrance would be ideal for daily wear, but how would the scent translate into the professional or average joe world? I can't possibly smell like the ocean when I'm at school or work. Still, this fragrance is really well done and lasted a quite some time on me.

This has to be one of the boldest and most creative scents out on the market. Sorry kiddies, this one isn't for you. You have to have an open mind and understand the art of perfumery to appreciate it. Again, versatility and season are very limited but other than that, I have to tip my hat to Kenzo Homme.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Best fresh scent I ever had... Nothing comapares to Kenzo PH. I feel, like I was born with it... Highly recommneded by... me :)

perfumemory
perfumemory

You can't confuse Kenzo pour Homme with any other perfume. It has a very unique scent. Gentle, summery. I wore it long ago. Maybe it's time to buy it again, after 15 or 20 years. The bottle design has slightly changed (the original one was darker, dark navy blue with leaves carved on the glass). Hope it has not been reformulated since then.

Castor
Castor

This is an acquatic... I don't like them. They feel synthetic, well, most of them: this smells like the seaside, any seaside, you get the concept, the smell of sea, which happens to be the smell of algae. So, yes, acquatics smells synthetic but this smells like algae. Thus, I can't blame Kenzo pour Homme for being synthetic.

Yet, "natural" it is not: as per the card holding the sample, Kenzo has calone, an aromachemical invented by Pfizer, which has a melon like smell. It also has algenone, an aromachemical that, well, a statement of the obvious, smells like algae. And iodine, that element abundant in sea water. The rest of the notes are more common like: cedar, oakmoss and pine.

As Afraafra said, unusual, meaning in my case it is difficult to come by when you are used to a classic approach to perfume blending. Well, Kenzo has been in the market since 1991 and still enjoys great succes, so we cannot say it is not traditional.

Kenzo Homme finally seduced me in its originality, I have to admit. A little bit loud in its top notes, enticing in the mid and basenotes. Even to an aficionado, it is obvious that Christian Mathieu paved the way for a myriad of other scents on the same vein.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

How much it costs? 15U$, 50U$, 200U$??
I don't care about its price, no matter how much it will cost, I'll always buy it... ALWAYS!

lipepimpol
lipepimpol

different styles, identical sensation.

fahrenheit while the alien is the world of fragrances, KPH is the alien aquatic

top notes smell of plastic buoys at sea for children to play steeped in strident floral notes mixed with lemon and a drop of bergamot.
summarizing the output: floral oceanic plastic strange.

Amid the KPH gains balance with floral accords and nutmeg, interesting phase of the aroma, but the "blessed" plastic is still there!
but at this point, the smell of plastic and no longer bothers to create both an elegant atmosphere with vetiver.

ambery embalmed with wood finishes, the plastic is gone ... end of magic?!

Silage great!
great longevity!
intriguing fragrance!
Unusual smell!

For the oddness deserves to be remembered, as well as Fahrenheit.

compared with Gio
Davidoff coll
ALURE sport
KPH seems much more complex and different.

I think I would not buy it, win it would be great!
maybe one day?

Thumbs up for the alien aquatic Kenzo.

Akahina
Akahina

I really wanted to love this one but I have to pass on this for my wardrobe. Rather unique, but not aquatic or salty for me, which is OK because I am not searching for that. Lasts about 4 hours for me and average silage. A not too strong masculine smell with bergamot at the front for an hour or so, then some greener and darker tones dominate for me, but never too obvious. A nice balance and light. Good for the daytime I would say.

K1
K1

This on is exactly the sharpness of a Samurai's sword, Culturally a Japanese item spiritually.
It's odd and starts heavily and ends smoothly without citrus impose.
At first smells like olive oil. Later, herbal-spicy accord and weak gourmand scents appear. About one hour after application, an undertone of rusted iron comes up making it darker and heavier. This perfume evokes adultness and an odd manly mood. Also this is the most uncommon aquatic scent or even I don't assume aquatic at all. This is somewhat out of this world.

longevity 8/10
sillage 9/10
scent 8/10

FLMonteiro
FLMonteiro

I dont consider this one aquatic at all.
My first impression with Kenzo PH was a herbal mediterranean, very peculiar and intriguing scent, and i was in love with that.
As the time passed, my opnion changed. I dont love it anymore but i still like it.
Now what i smell is something dry, harsh, powdery, salty and very bitter, like a bitter plastic rose and iodine. Never got any compliments on this one.
DONT BLIND BUY THIS ONE.
You may love or hate this one.

Longevity 6/10
Projection 6/10
Smell 7.5/10

Grottola
Grottola

The original "salty" aquatic. Captures the ocean in all of its murky, saline glory - kind of like a stormy night on the beach. If you want a "true" aquatic, look no further. The excellent longevity and use of oakmoss in the base make me enjoy this even more; definitely my favorite aquatic right now besides Horizon by Guy Laroche.

snails

"this is the first morning of the world"

bronstein
bronstein

As Behzad puts it, this one's unmistakably a male Kenzo scent. But then, that doesn't mean it's a "either you like it or not" thing. In fact, I quite like some of Kenzo's scents, and I don't have problem with this typical Kenzo note, but this one doesn't work for me. It smells like baby powder, and I wonder who wears something like that.

behzad1280
behzad1280

You can find “The Kenzo” in each Kenzos, nowhere else and no matter different designers! There is always a bolt stamp of “The Kenzo” on sprit of any individual perfume and colognes released by them! I don’t know! I found every Kenzos, very different and unique. The commercial version of artistic products!

And this one: as I said different and unique! Ok .. But it’s not aquatic to my taste, it’s a too dry to be aquatic!
It’s blend of bright and dark scents! So you may feel it light fresh or heavy dark. Depends on many things!

Test it more than once, and then decide to buy or not to buy!

اکثر عطرهای کمپانی کنزو واجد خصوصیاتی هستند که اونها رو به نوعی منحصر بفرد کرده
دقیقاً نمیدونم چه خصوصیاتی. مثل اینکه توی همه شون یک چیزی بنام "کنزو" هست
!!
این یکی هم عطر عجیبیه که دقیقاً نمیشه گفت گرم یا ولرم یا سبک یا سنگینه
به نظرم باید اون رو قبل از خرید حتماً دو سه بار در دو سه روز مختلف تست کرد و بعد تصمیم نهایی رو گرفت
دوام و پخش خوبی داره

CoffeeCologne
CoffeeCologne

I don't know if I love it or hate it. It is definitely one of the most unique scents I own. It has a strange plastic/salty smell to it. It lasts all day long. DON'T BLIND BUY!

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

طول عمر بسیار زیاد.
خنک در ابتدا یاد اور بوی اهک
خیلی خاص .مشابه اصلا ندارد
سبک بو قدیمی
قبل از خرید حتما تست کنید
Lifetime high.
Cool at first recall the smell of lime
Very specific. Not at all similar
Smell the old style
Try before you buy

RobbieX
RobbieX

Used to have this, quite nice, unusual, fruity and fresh but I found a note in there somewhere I didn't like, dunno what it was

andrevarx
andrevarx

An EDT with an entry a bit strange and strong, living with middle notes similar to a quiet pond-like smell, some bamboo plants and somewhere with a bit of rush, which is next to some place where they burn incense.

It is quite elegant, very aquatic and sober, too sober, A perfect scent for men from 35 onwards is too sober for younger ages. Not suitable for romantic purposes, but for some symphony or formal or gala event is perfect. A smell with some notes as a body lotion with water. Very clean and sober. Recommended.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I don't like it.
A harsh shaving foam smell makes it quite unpleasant to me.

guest_arabic nose
guest_arabic nose

MASTERPICE: /strong but smooth /unusual but classic / aquatic wave warm and sharp / recommended for age 30y to 50y / occasion: every day / best season : summer and spring / style :modern 25% calssic 20% romantic 25% mysterious 20% teen 10%
us a profetional nose its one of my favorite`s alwayes in my collection and i give a rating of 8/10 to it.

batabidd
batabidd

I’m following today the range of martime fragrances.
Kenzo pour homme is a classic.
I readed and heard so many bad review about this perfume, that I honestly can’t understand.

I’m aware that is not a commercial centered product in some countries,but, in fact, all depends on different tastes, as Spain and Portugal for example, where this fragrance as been and still top seller in the Japanese designer cologne products.

Kenzo pour homme is a strong Mediterranean herbal juice (Sage, bamboo,vetiver), with strong floral muguet and iris notes and a prominent touch of iodine, a extract that have a particular earthy, salty touch.
The bottle now, redesigned, and colour of the crystal represent very well what’s inside it.
The top notes are kind of zesty and clean-ozonic:
You’ll detect the bamboo leaves blending with soft bergamot. There’s already a hint of vetiver too.
The intrusion of the lily of the valley is quick.
Most of the lasting life of the fragrance is centered on this accord, surrounded with touch of herbal notes and geranium leaves. The geranium note now is quite predominant.
as the iodine. Then the calone.
The geranium, (Pelargonium graveolens) has a peculiar dark green, bronze-like, metallic aroma.
The iris note raises too, but very subtle, hard to smell, really.
The composition dries down into something less herbal and more soft woody and slightly spicy: the clove and the nutmeg can be detectable in here now, patchouli, blends with sandalwood and cedar.
It’s funny how this fragrance reacts depending of the enviromment.
On humid weather is more ozonic, crisp, green and dewy, aquatic but still strong and more surrealistic marine.
On dry weather and polutionated big cities, is more dark, salty and herbal, kind of spicy and It develops very metallic. It’s definitively a not for all suitable formula, but I really recommend to try two o three times. It’s a real masterpiece.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

A modern classic and an olfactory MASTERPIECE!!
This fragrance accomplishes the unaccomplishable: to make water smell sexy and sophisticated, exciting and inspiring!
I first wore it in 1992, during my first ever trip to Greece. I loved it and it linked the beauty of Greece and its philosophy of the good life at sea. Even more so, this frangrance captures the essence of sea-water. It is a labour of love to the element of water.
A modern classic long before Issey Miyake's "L'Eau d'Issey" with the same androgynous, abstract, bi-sexual stance.
THE quintessential summer fragrance!!
Beautiful! Unique! Sexy! Irresistible! Instantly recognizable!

Valtyas
Valtyas

Tested it today... smells to much like medicine, i don't like it. but i know some people who love this smell so you should test it.

ChemistRhi
ChemistRhi

I ordered a tester bottle off eBay, and didn't smell it first because thought it had been discontinued. . .

But found it in Debenhams yesterday, hmmmm it is a strange smell. My first thoughts were: medicine, disinfectant and sea water.

Sounds weird, and it is. but i think i'm glad I won the bid because it's unusual, love the way it smells so salty and seaweedish.

Pretty masculine too. Ahh, think I'll wear it on hot summery days (if we get any) no-one will notice then!

guest_Dima
guest_Dima

I'd like to add afew words.
At first-nobody mentioned about calone-
marine scented substance-I suppose,calone is responsible for a crisp,no match scent of freshness,a bit of a hostital like.Some oriental mystery sticky browny like old honey or rasine wrapped in shiny blue light.Rather hysterical first impression with a forbitten fruit charm.Not casual and not for office at all.On my oppinion all Kenzo designs are for independent-minded individuals,a rare breed in offices nowdays.I live in a town with the sun made you hide away from April till September and because I can say no,KPH is not for summer-it is a warm scent itself.May be in artificial climate of air-conditioned spaces it would be at its place.I remember Kenzo ad posters of early 1990s-butterflies on ties multicoloured waist coats and so on,roses and thorn, models with an air of sleepless nights,surviving on coffee only.I asked my mate if he and me could look like them some day.His answer was "Sure.10 days on coffee and wild sex!"
An underlined work of art,something artificialy unnatural like its ryoko's petroleum shade of blue,this scent could be a good illustration of my life.

guest_dima
guest_dima

It is a long love affair with this scent...Moscow,1992-1996,crazy time,I was so hopelessly in love.Everything was in change(and still is in this counry)Me too.I gave up smoking-3years and 9 months ago-I had been a smoker for 22years)drinking-4 years ago,drank nearly all the time since 1996,spend 13 years in a far away southern province of Russia in poverty-in short- I have bought today a ryoko and feel myself a winner.

kaykay186
kaykay186

the perfume itself is very exciting and that is why it bought it..but it does not last long,about 1-2 hrs here in india.

guest_Laguzza
guest_Laguzza

A house on the beach, a bonfire, lots of friends around and a great love of his side. It is a fragrance full of personality and feelings that I have ever used. A tip: when you're sad use Kenzo!

denmaz
denmaz

This one is for men, not boys. Great charisma. Saltiness to the max!

letestarr
letestarr

I'm woman and it's my favorite for men! I love to smell this fragrance on men around. I'm from Brazil and, thanks God, it's not popular here at all...no one compares to this one here =)

acc
acc

After trying so many aquatics with no character, i was very surprised to come across with this one.
Kenzo always adds 'something more' to his fragrances and creates an aura of emotion.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

kenzo is always goin against the grain but this time he did a good job.cmon man iodine? that the different in this everybody is talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

This perfume is like the sea breeze! A strong summer scent from the past, which is synonimous with the elegance! For me, just fantastic!

Archaic
Archaic

Strong, long lasting (easily pass 6 hours), unique scent, salty to the maximum, great in sweaty summer noon. However, I hate it. The saltiness is too much for me. I'll stick to my lovely Bvlgari Aqva for a sea breeze scent.

vdxl
vdxl

I agree with you, it is a little strange and you must test before you buy or even before going out, because sometimes it may smell great on you and sometimes not so good. To me it is not aromatic-aquatic, it is rather a clean woody-floral-musk. The water is evoked by iodine I suppose, but still this is not a Calone aquatic at all. It is suitable anytime. I perceive it sometimes as a man's Chanel No 5, classic, sometimes may smell a little dated sometimes not, iconic and trendsetting.

periquito89
periquito89

Yes, it is strong, fresh, and smells a little weird ...

Weird ...? How about peculiar? There is something that I really like about this scent. Although there is nothing so elegant or happy and colorful (but definitely not common or cheap), it remembers me good things like being next to a swimming pool or to the beach, or walking in the park, but could be use for others occasions (office maybe); unfortunately, sometimes it also remembers me something chemical, so, would be better if applied not so close to the skin. It has personality, that's for sure.

eduardomm
eduardomm

I used to like it once...
but today i can't use it anymore!
it's an acquatic with something very unusual, strange in it!

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

when i smelled it on my man,, it made me dream of rivers into deep rainforests, still does,, unique,,

guillermostf
guillermostf

Very acquatic, very stong, very long lasting scent. In Argentina, one of the most popular perfumes. That's the only trouble. Everyone use this fragrance in summer and springtime

chaz
chaz

I'm a woman and I had to write about this gorgeous sent my fella wears, it is a one of a kind fragrance that cannot be mistaken for any other it is SOoooo gorgeous and when he wears it I just can't leave him alone. Now how to describe, remember the film from Here to Eternity when Deb and Burt were on the beach, well I bet that Burt would have smelt just like this next to that blue turquoise Ocean.

Andrewthecologneguy
Andrewthecologneguy

strong, bitter orange opening, that gets a bit sweeter as it wears. Dark citrus with sine watery notes. It is slightly herbal-medicinal as well.
It performs best in very hot weather.

dandy721
dandy721

Nobody will make such unique fragrance like this one, is one among of 100.0000 I like it so much

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

This is great for the Office, it very clean smelling but i agree unusual aquatic smelling.

dioradddict
dioradddict

strong openig really, i´ve heard many bad comments about it but i didn´t thought it´s so terrible, but actually it´s anusual aquatic!

afraafra
afraafra

unusual aquatic , different and strong opening.

Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo 3.98 out of 5 based on 840 ratings and 145 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.